Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPP1R13L
Description: protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 13 like
Alias: IASPP, NKIP1, RAI, RAI4, relA-associated inhibitor, NFkB interacting protein 1, PPP1R13B-like protein, inhibitor of ASPP protein, inhibitor of apoptosis stimulating protein of p53, protein iASPP, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory (inhibitor) subunit 13 like, retinoic acid induced 4
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Prognostic value of autoantibodies against erythrocytes and platelets in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)G De Rossi
Human Biopathology Dept, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Tumori 77:100-4. 1991Antiglobulin test (AT) and Dixon tests were performed in 100 patients with CLL. Thirty-five of them had Rai stages 0 or 1, 19 stage 2, 13 stage 3, and 33 stage 4...
- Staging and prognosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia: the Manitoba experienceB K MacDougall
Department of Internal Medicine, St. Boniface General Hospital, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 3:139-43. 1988..Survival curves were developed using the staging systems of Rai and Binet. A clear separation in survival was found utilizing the system of Binet...
- Identification of a novel isoform of iASPP and its interaction with p53Xinwei Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin 300020, China
J Mol Biol 368:1162-71. 2007b>iASPP is an inhibitory member of ASPP (apoptosis stimulating protein of p53, or Ankyrin repeats, SH3 domain and proline-rich region contain Protein) family...
- RNA interference-mediated silencing of iASPP induces cell proliferation inhibition and G0/G1 cell cycle arrest in U251 human glioblastoma cellsGuilin Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 350:193-200. 2011b>iASPP is an evolutionally conserved inhibitory member of the ASPP (apoptosis-stimulating protein of p53) protein family...
- Abnormal expression pattern of the ASPP family of proteins in human non-small cell lung cancer and regulatory functions on apoptosis through p53 by iASPPShijun Li
Department of Clinical Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, Dalian, Liaoning 116011, PR China
Oncol Rep 28:133-40. 2012..Recently discovered ASPP1 and ASPP2 are specific activators and iASPP is an inhibitor of p53...
- Identification of a novel inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappaB, RelA-associated inhibitorJ P Yang
Department of Molecular Genetics, Nagoya City University Medical School, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:15662-70. 1999Here we report the identification and characterization of a novel protein, RelA-associated inhibitor (RAI), that binds to the NF-kappaB subunit p65 (RelA) and inhibits its transcriptional activity...
- iASPP oncoprotein is a key inhibitor of p53 conserved from worm to humanDaniele Bergamaschi
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Imperial College School of Medicine, St Mary s Campus, Norfolk Place, London, W2 1PG, UK
Nat Genet 33:162-7. 2003..Here, we characterize such a protein, iASPP (inhibitory member of the ASPP family), encoded by PPP1R13L in humans and ape-1 in Caenorhabditis elegans...
- The N-terminus of a novel isoform of human iASPP is required for its cytoplasmic localizationElizabeth A Slee
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Imperial College School of Medicine, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, UK
Oncogene 23:9007-16. 2004..b>iASPP(RAI) is a third member of the family that is the most conserved inhibitor of p53-mediated apoptosis...
- A mutation in NFkB interacting protein 1 results in cardiomyopathy and abnormal skin development in wa3 miceBruce J Herron
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:667-77. 2005..A C-terminal fragment of this protein was previously identified as the RelA associated inhibitor (RAI)...
- Polymorphisms in RAI and in genes of nucleotide and base excision repair are not associated with risk of testicular cancerMagdalena J Laska
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Bartholin Building, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Cancer Lett 225:245-51. 2005..2-3, encompassing the genes ASE, ERCC1, RAI and XPD, were associated with risk of testicular cancer in Danish patients...
- Gene-environment interactions between smoking and a haplotype of RAI, ASE-1 and ERCC1 polymorphisms among women in relation to risk of lung cancer in a population-based studyUlla Vogel
National Institute of Occupational Health, Lersø Parkallé 105, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Lett 247:159-65. 2007Homozygous carriers of a haplotype consisting of ERCC1 Asn118Asn(A), ASE-1 G-21A(G), RAI IVS1 A4364G(A) are at increased risk of lung cancer especially among women...
- Effects of polymorphisms in ERCC1, ASE-1 and RAI on the risk of colorectal carcinomas and adenomas: a case control studyCamilla F Skjelbred
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Section of Medical Genetics, Telemark Hospital, N 3710 Skien, Norway
BMC Cancer 6:175. 2006..In this study, we aimed to evaluate whether the recently identified haplotype encompassing genes of DNA repair and apoptosis, is associated with increased risk of colorectal adenomas and carcinomas...
- iASPP preferentially binds p53 proline-rich region and modulates apoptotic function of codon 72-polymorphic p53Daniele Bergamaschi
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University College London, 91 Riding House Street, London W1W 7BS, UK
Nat Genet 38:1133-41. 2006b>iASPP is one of the most evolutionarily conserved inhibitors of p53, whereas ASPP1 and ASPP2 are activators of p53...
- Polymorphisms in the genes ERCC2, XRCC3 and CD3EAP influence treatment outcome in multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous bone marrow transplantationAnnette Vangsted
Department of Haematology, Herlev University Hospital of Copenhagen, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Int J Cancer 120:1036-45. 2007..overall survival (OS) of polymorphism in the DNA repair genes ERCC1, ERCC2 and XRCC3, and in the apoptotic genes PPP1R13L and CD3EAP in 348 patients with multiple myeloma undergoing autologous bone marrow transplantation...
- Genetic polymorphisms and treatment response in advanced non-small cell lung cancerDan Su
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Lung Cancer 56:281-8. 2007..we genotyped four single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in ATM (A60G), ERCC1 (Asn118Asn), APE1 (Asn148Glu), and iASPP (A67T), and examined their associations with treatment response among patients with advanced non-small cell lung ..
- Expression of the RAI gene is conducive to apoptosis: studies of induction and interferenceMagdalena J Laska
Institute of Human Genetics, Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Exp Cell Res 313:2611-21. 2007The RAI gene is also known as iASPP and PPP1R13L. Recent investigations have shown that the region encompassing RAI is important for the development of cancer in young and middle-aged persons...
- Biochemical and structural studies of ASPP proteins reveal differential binding to p53, p63, and p73Ross Alexander Robinson
Cancer Research UK Receptor Structure Research Group, Division of Structural Biology, Henry Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX3 7BN, United Kingdom
Structure 16:259-68. 2008ASPP1 and ASPP2 are activators of p53-dependent apoptosis, whereas iASPP is an inhibitor of p53...
- A haplotype of polymorphisms in ASE-1, RAI and ERCC1 and the effects of tobacco smoking and alcohol consumption on risk of colorectal cancer: a Danish prospective case-cohort studyRikke D Hansen
National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Lersø Parkallé 105, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Cancer 8:54. 2008..The haplotype at chromosome 19q13.2-3 encompassing the three SNPs ASE-1 G-21A, RAI IVS1 A4364G and ERCC1 Asn118Asn have been associated with risk of breast cancer and lung cancer...
- Effect of RNA interference of iASPP on the apoptosis in MCF-7 breast cancer cellsZe Jun Liu
Laboratory of International Cooperation, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PRC
Cancer Invest 26:878-82. 2008ASPP family is proved to be apoptotic specific regulators of p53. Among them, iASPP acts as an inhibitor of p53...
- Insight into the structural basis of pro- and antiapoptotic p53 modulation by ASPP proteinsJinwoo Ahn
Department of Structural Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Biol Chem 284:13812-22. 2009..Its three known members, ASPP1, ASPP2, and iASPP, were previously found to interact with p53, influencing the apoptotic response of cells without affecting p53-..
- Down-regulation of iASPP in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells inhibits cell proliferation and tumor growthB L Lin
Department of Infectious Diseases, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yet sen University, Tianhe Area, 600 Tianhe, Guangzhou 510060, Guangdong Province, China
Neoplasma 58:205-10. 2011The oncoprotein inhibitory member of the ASPP family (iASPP) is a key inhibitor of the p53 tumor suppressor and is upregulated in patients with acute leukemia and breast carcinoma...
- Inhibitory member of the apoptosis-stimulating protein of p53 (ASPP) family promotes growth and tumorigenesis in human p53-deficient prostate cancer cellsB Zhang
Department of Infertility and Sexual Medicine, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 14:219-24. 2011b>iASPP is a member of the apoptosis-stimulating protein of p53 (ASPP) family and an evolutionarily conserved inhibitor of p53...
- Molecular mechanisms underlying the interaction of protein phosphatase-1c with ASPP proteinsTamara D Skene-Arnold
Department of Biochemistry, 3 37 Medical Sciences Building, School of Translational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, T6G 2H7
Biochem J 449:649-59. 2013..Human ASPPs (apoptosis-stimulating proteins of p53) comprise three family members: ASPP1, ASPP2 and iASPP (inhibitory ASPP), which is uniquely overexpressed in many cancers...
- RelA-associated inhibitor blocks transcription of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 by inhibiting NF-kappaB and Sp1 actionsNorio Takada
Department of Molecular Genetics, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
J Virol 76:8019-30. 2002RelA-associated inhibitor (RAI) is an inhibitor of nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) newly identified by yeast two-hybrid screen as an interacting protein of the p65 (RelA) subunit...
- The expression of iASPP in acute leukemiasXinwei Zhang
Department of Clinical Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 288 Nanjing Road, Tianjin 300020, P R China
Leuk Res 29:179-83. 2005Inhibitory member of the ASPP family (iASPP) is an evolutionarily conserved inhibitor of p53, and its expression is upregulated in human breast carcinomas expressing wild-type p53...
- Linkage disequilibrium mapping of a breast cancer susceptibility locus near RAI/PPP1R13L/iASPPBjørn A Nexø
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Med Genet 9:56. 2008..The study groups included 434 postmenopausal breast cancer cases and an identical number of individually matched controls...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization detection of cytogenetic abnormalities in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphomaPatricia Aoun
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3135, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1595-603. 2004..Clinical staging of B-CLL patients showed that 70% of the patients were Rai stage 0, 1, or 2, and 30% stage 3 or 4...
- [Changes in adrenal cortex function and protective effect of dexamethasone in septic rats during early phases]Zhen jie Hu
Intensive Care Unit, Forth Hospital Affiliated to Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:40-3. 2009To affirm the presence of relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI) in the early phases of sepsis and its probable mechanisms, and to study the optimal time for glucocorticoid replacement therapy.
- Treatment with lithium prevents serum thyroid hormone increase after thionamide withdrawal and radioiodine therapy in patients with Graves' diseaseFausto Bogazzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4490-5. 2002Serum thyroid hormone concentrations increase after radioiodine (RAI) therapy for Graves' disease...
- Altered arterial homeostasis and cerebral aneurysms: a molecular epidemiology studyAmin B Kassam
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurosurgery 54:1450-60; discussion 1460-2. 2004..In this study, we undertook a preliminary assessment of differential expression of key molecules involved with each phase of homeostasis: arterial flow modulation, arterial tear and repair, and the ensuing extracellular matrix...
- Septic shock and sepsis: a comparison of total and free plasma cortisol levelsJ T Ho
Hanson Institute, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:105-14. 2006..after tetracosactrin have been associated with increased mortality and hemodynamic responsiveness to exogenous hydrocortisone in septic shock (SS), a phenomenon termed by some investigators as relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI).
- Insecticide susceptible/resistance status in Aedes (Stegomyia) aegypti and Aedes (Stegomyia) albopictus (Diptera: Culicidae) in Thailand during 2003-2005Nuananong Jirakanjanakit
Center for Vaccine Development, Institute of Science and Technology for Research and Development, Mahidol University, Salaya, Puttamonthon, Nakhonpathom, Thailand
J Econ Entomol 100:545-50. 2007..to deltamethrin and permethrin, except those from some areas of Songkhla (southern) and Phan district of Chiang Rai (northern) province...
- Risk adjustment of quality indicators in French long term care facilities for elderly people. A preliminary studyC Moty
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Unité INSERM 593 ex 330, Institut de Santé Publique, d Épidémiologie et de Développement, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 51:327-38. 2003..The objective of this preliminary study was to propose risk adjustments on the CHSRA indicators for future use in France...
- Radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism: prognostic factors affecting outcomeCihangir Erem
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Endocrine 25:55-60. 2004To assess the effectiveness of radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment in patients with hyperthyroidism and to evaluate prognostic factors affecting outcome.
- Clinicoprognostic implications of increased serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and basic fibroblastic growth factor in early B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaS Molica
Department of Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Catanzaro, Italy
Br J Cancer 86:31-5. 2002..Serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor positively correlated with Rai sub-stages (P=0.03), peripheral blood lymphocytosis (P=0.03), bone marrow histology (P=0...
- Adaptive servoventilation versus noninvasive positive pressure ventilation for central, mixed, and complex sleep apnea syndromesTimothy I Morgenthaler
Mayo Clinic Sleep Disorders Center, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Sleep 30:468-75. 2007....
- Long-term outcome of twin atrioventricular node and supraventricular tachycardia in patients with right isomerism of the atrial appendageMei Hwan Wu
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Heart Rhythm 5:224-9. 2008Twin AV nodes and resulting supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) have been described in right atrial isomerism (RAI).
- The Rheumatology Attitudes Index and its helplessness subscale are valid and reliable measures of learned helplessness in Asian patients with systemic lupus erythematosusJ Thumboo
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
J Rheumatol 26:1512-7. 1999To assess the internal consistency, reliability, and construct validity of the Rheumatology Attitudes Index (RAI) and its subscales in a cohort of Asian patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Characterization of thyroid-stimulating blocking antibodies that appeared during transient hypothyroidism after radioactive iodine therapyA W Kung
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Thyroid 10:909-17. 2000Hypothyroidism after radioactive iodine (RAI) therapy for Graves' disease can be transient or permanent. The cause for early transient hypothyroidism is unknown...
- Use of antipsychotics in older home care patients in FinlandHanna Mari Alanen
Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Drugs Aging 25:335-42. 2008..To investigate the use of antipsychotic medications, and factors associated with such use, in elderly patients in home care in Finland...
- A phase II study of DT fusion protein denileukin diftitox in patients with fludarabine-refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemiaArthur E Frankel
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3555-61. 2003..We tested the safety and efficacy in these patients of a diphtheria fusion protein DAB(389)IL2 (denileukin diftitox) directed against the interleukin 2 receptor that is expressed by CLL cells...
- Evaluation of the surgical completeness after total thyroidectomy for differentiated thyroid carcinomaM Salvatori
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:648-54. 2007....
- The comparative effects of gene modulators on thyroid-specific genes and radioiodine uptakeMurat Tuncel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22:281-8. 2007..thyroglobulin (Tg), thyroid peroxidase (TPO), and thyroid stimulating hormone receptor (TSH-R), and radioiodine (RAI) uptake in cancer (B-CPAP) and normal (Nthy-ori 3-1) thyroid cell lines...
- The comparative effects of gene modulators on thyroid-specific genes and radioiodine uptakeMurat Tuncel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22:443-9. 2007..Tg), thyroid peroxidase (TPO), and the thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor (TSH-R), as well as radioiodine (RAI) uptake in cancer (B-CPAP) and normal (Nthy-ori 3-1) thyroid cell lines...
- Rosiglitazone effect on radioiodine uptake in thyroid carcinoma patients with high thyroglobulin but negative total body scan: a correlation with the expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gammaSupatporn Tepmongkol
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Thyroid 18:697-704. 2008..with high thyroglobulin (Tg) level but negative total body scan (TBS) are difficult to treat with radioiodine (RAI)...
- High prevalence of side effects after recombinant human thyrotropin-stimulated radioiodine treatment with 30 mCi in patients with multinodular goiter and subclinical/clinical hyperthyroidismRossana Romão
Thyroid Unit LIM 25, Division of Endocrinology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 19:945-51. 2009Treatment of multinodular goiters (MNGs) is highly controversial. Radioiodine (RAI) therapy is a nonsurgical alternative for the elderly who decline surgery...
- The yeast RNA1 protein, necessary for RNA processing, is homologous to the human ribonuclease/angiogenin inhibitor (RAI)R Schneider
, , Austria
Mol Gen Genet 233:315-8. 1992..Within this superfamily RNA1 is most closely related to the ribonuclease/angiogenin inhibitor (RAI), which is a tightly binding inhibitor of ribonucleolytic activities in mammals...
- Review of nursing documentation in nursing home wards - changes after intervention for individualized careG Hansebo
Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Family Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Adv Nurs 29:1462-73. 1999..The Resident Assessment Instrument/Minimum Data Set (RAI/MDS) especially developed for the care of elderly people, was used as a basis for individualized and documented ..
- Circulating proangiogenic cytokines and angiogenesis inhibitor endostatin in untreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaJoanna Gora-Tybor
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, ul Pabianicka 62 93 513 Lódz, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 12:167-71. 2003..5 pg/ml and 40.5 pg/ml respectively) (p<0.001). Patients in Rai stage III and IV also had significantly higher levels of bFGF than patients in Rai stage 0-II (median 100...
- Direct nasopharyngeal reflux of gastric acid is a contributing factor in refractory chronic rhinosinusitisJohn M DelGaudio
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Laryngoscope 115:946-57. 2005..It is hypothesized that refractory CRS patients have a greater incidence of laryngopharyngeal reflux and NPR events and that NPR is a significant etiologic factor for CRS in these patients...
- Molecular basis of aggressive disease in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients with 11q deletion and trisomy 12 chromosomal abnormalitiesAmit K Mittal
Department of Genetics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6395, USA
Int J Mol Med 20:461-9. 2007In B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), Rai stage, immunoglobulin gene mutational status, chromosomal abnormalities, CD38 and ZAP-70 expression were used as prognostic markers...
- The ecological complexity of the Thai-Laos Mekong River: III. Health status of Mekong catfish and cyprinids, evidence of bioaccumulative effectsKantimanee Phanwichien
Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University, Chatujak, Bangkok, Thailand
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 45:1681-8. 2010..comprising of 52 cyprinids and 65 catfishes were randomly collected from the Mekong River from 5 stations: Chiang Rai, Loei, Nongkhai, Nakhon Phanom and Ubonratchathani...
- Elevated serum levels of soluble CD44 can identify a subgroup of patients with early B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia who are at high risk of disease progressionS Molica
Divisione Ematologia e Oncologia Clinica, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Via Pio X, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Cancer 92:713-9. 2001....
- Evaluation of methods of resynchronization for insemination in cows of unknown pregnancy statusK N Galvao
Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center, University of California Davis, Tulare 93274, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:4240-52. 2007..treatment until diagnosed as pregnant, which resulted in a total of 1,148 AI (495 PAI and 653 resynchronized AI; RAI)...
- Genes of Rhodobacter sphaeroides 2.4.1 regulated by innate quorum-sensing signal, 7,8-cis-N-(tetradecenoyl) homoserine lactoneWon Hwang
Department of Life Science and Interdisciplinary Program of Integrated Biotechnology, Sogang University, Seoul 121 742, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:219-27. 2008..different level of beta- gal activities upon the addition of synthetic 7,8-cis-Ntetradecenoyl- homoserine lactone (RAI)...
- Relative adrenal insufficiency among trauma patients in a community hospitalBrian R Beeman
Department of Surgery, Synergy Medical Education Alliance, 1000 Houghton Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48603, USA
Curr Surg 62:633-7. 2005..Recent studies have proven that low doses of hydrocortisone and fludrocortisone can significantly reduce mortality in patients with relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI) without increasing adverse events.
- Cinedefecographic findings in patients with obstructed defecation sindrome. A study in 420 casesA Renzi
Colorectal Surgery Unit, S Stefano Hospital, and Division of General Surgery, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Minerva Chir 61:493-9. 2006..Obstructed defecation syndrome (ODS) represents a very common clinical problem. The aim of this study was to analyze the cinedefecographic findings in a group of patients with ODS...
- The cin and rai quorum-sensing regulatory systems in Rhizobium leguminosarum are coordinated by ExpR and CinS, a small regulatory protein coexpressed with CinIAnne Edwards
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR47UH, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 191:3059-67. 2009..We conclude that CinS mediates quorum-sensing regulation because it is coregulated with an AHL synthase and demonstrate that its regulatory effects can occur in the absence of AHLs...
- Serum level of CD26 predicts time to first treatment in early B-chronic lymphocytic leukemiaStefano Molica
Medical Oncology Unit, Hematology Oncology Department, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Viale Pio X 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Eur J Haematol 83:208-14. 2009..07) and CD38 (P = 0.08), circulating levels of CD26 did not correlate with either Rai substages (P = 0.520) or other biomarker [beta2-microglobulin (P = 0.933), LDH (P = 0...
- Patient misconceptions and ethical challenges in radioactive iodine scanning and therapyM Sara Rosenthal
Program for Bioethics and Patients Rights, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0086, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 34:143-50; quiz 151-2. 2006The use and nature of radioactive iodine (RAI) are complex topics for patients with thyroid conditions to understand...
- A single unit lymphoma experience: outcome in a Cape Town academic centreLucille Wood
The Department of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Incorporating The Searll Research Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Constantiaberg Medi Clinic, Plumstead, Cape Town, South Africa
Transfus Apher Sci 37:93-102. 2007..or high-grade histopathology, risk factors defined by the International Prognostic Index as well as late Rai stages...
- [Developing and testing quality indicators of home care in Switzerland]L Burla
Fachstelle Gesundheitswissenschaften, Departement Gesundheit, ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Winterthur, Schweiz
Gesundheitswesen 72:106-13. 2010..this study was to develop and examine quality indicators of home care in Switzerland using the Swiss version of the RAI-HC (Resident Assessment Instrument Home Care)...
- Impact of lithium on efficacy of radioactive iodine therapy for Graves' disease: a cohort study on cure rate, time to cure, and frequency of increased serum thyroxine after antithyroid drug withdrawalFausto Bogazzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit G R, Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:201-8. 2010Radioactive iodine (RAI) is a common therapy for hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease. A small but significant proportion of patients have recurrence of hyperthyroidism after RAI therapy...
- Normalization of serum thyrotrophin by means of radioiodine treatment in subclinical hyperthyroidism: effect on bone loss in postmenopausal womenJ Faber
Department of Endocrinology E, Frederiksberg Hospital, Denmark
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 48:285-90. 1998....
- [Telomere length and telomerase expression activity in mononuclear cells of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia]Lan Ma
Department of Hematology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:1409-12. 2009..There was statistical significant difference between Rai stages III-IV and stage 0, Rai stages III-IV and stages I-II, Binet stage C and stage A, Binet stage C and stage B; ..
- Radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism. Success rate and influence of thyrostatic medicationWisam K Ghadban
Department of Endocrinology Metabolism and Internal Medicine, Hamad Medical Corporation, PO Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
Saudi Med J 24:347-51. 2003The aim of this study is to evaluate the response rate of hyperthyroidism to radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment, optimum effective dose, effect of pretreatment with thyrostatic medications, etiology, ophthalmopathy, mortality and cancer ..
- Long-term course and predictive factors of elevated serum thyroglobulin and negative diagnostic radioiodine whole body scan in differentiated thyroid cancerA S Alzahrani
Department of Medicine, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Endocrinol Invest 28:540-6. 2005..thyroid cancer (DTC) develop a state of high thyroglobulin (Tg) and negative diagnostic radioactive iodine (RAI) whole body scan (DxWBS). The predisposing factors and outcome of this condition are unclear...
- Radioactive iodine therapy for goitrous Hashimoto's thyroiditisJunichi Tajiri
Tajiri Thyroid Clinic, 2 6 20 Suizenji, Kumamoto 862 0950, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4497-500. 2006..Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease that can produce marked clinical symptoms when patients have large diffuse goiters...
- Induction of stimulating thyrotropin receptor antibodies after radioiodine therapy for toxic multinodular goitre and Graves' disease measured with a novel bioassayGuido C Hovens
Department of Endocrinology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands
Nucl Med Commun 28:123-7. 2007Radioactive iodine therapy (RaI) in toxic multinodular goitre (TMNG) has been associated with the occurrence of Graves'-like hyperthyroidism. It has been postulated that pre-existing autoimmunity may contribute to this phenomenon.
- Radioiodine therapy (RAI) for Graves' disease (GD) and the effect on ophthalmopathy: a systematic reviewShamasunder H Acharya
Department of Endocrinology, Wards 27 28, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:943-50. 2008An association between radioiodine therapy (RAI) for Graves' disease (GD) and the development or worsening of Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO) is widely quoted but there has been no systematic review of the evidence.
- Influence of methimazole and radioactive iodine treatment in the serum levels of the chemokine CXCL10 in hyperthyroid patients with Graves' diseaseA C Leite
Endocrinology Division, Hospital do Servidor Publico Estadual de São Paulo IAMSPE, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Horm Metab Res 43:194-9. 2011..diagnosed GD patients received methimazole (MMI), 15 relapsed GD patients were treated with radioactive iodine (RAI), and 18 healthy subjects served as a control group...
- Defining malnutrition risk for older home care clientsMary Ann Bocock
Department of Family Relations and Applied Human Nutrition, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Can J Diet Pract Res 69:171-6. 2008The Resident Assessment Instrument-Home Care (RAI-HC) is widely used to assess needs of home care clients and includes five items used to screen for malnutrition...
- Nursing working conditions in relation to restraint practices in long-term care unitsLaura Pekkarinen
National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health STAKES, Helsinki, Finland
Med Care 44:1114-20. 2006..This study examined the effects of nursing working conditions on the use of physical restraints and antipsychotics as restraints in long-term care units for elderly residents...
- [The effect of propylthiouracil on the efficacy of radioiodine (I-131) therapy in graves hyperthyroidism]Marcus V L de Souza
Servico de Endocrinologia, Departamento de Ciencias Médicas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 50:1088-95. 2006Aiming at evaluating the effect of antithyroid drugs on the efficacy of radioiodine treatment (RAI) we retrospectively analyzed 226 patients with Graves disease hyperthyroidism submitted to RAI between 1990 and 2001: 58 patients without ..
- Clinical progression and outcome of patients with monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosisSarah S Fung
Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, BC, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1087-91. 2007..We performed a retrospective analysis of patients with MBL (n = 46), Rai stage 0 CLL (n = 112) and Rai stage > or =1 CLL (n = 54). Median follow-up and range was 30 (0...
- Use of antipsychotic medications in older home-care patients. Report from nine European countriesHanna Mari Alanen
University of Tampere, Medical School, FIN 33014 Tampere, Finland
Aging Clin Exp Res 20:260-5. 2008..Data on the use of antipsychotics among older people in need of regular home care services are rare. The aim of this study was to ascertain the differences in the use and type of antipsychotic medications between European home-care sites...
- Improved current era outcomes in patients with heterotaxy syndromesPetros V Anagnostopoulos
Pediatric Heart Center, The Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:871-7; discussion 877-8. 2009..We sought to assess whether current era management strategies have improved outcomes in patients with visceral heterotaxy...
- HLA-G expression in B chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a new prognostic marker?Alev Akyol Erikci
Department of Hematology, Gulhane Military Hospital, Istanbul Ankara, Turkey
Hematology 14:101-5. 2009..Classical Rai and Binet staging of CLL is being superseded by new prognostic markers...
- Natural history of early chronic lymphocytic leukemia. A single institution study with emphasis on the impact of disease-progression on overall survivalS Molica
Divisione Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Viale Pio X, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Haematologica 84:1094-9. 1999..Is not clear whether these same criteria apply to patients followed-up in the setting of clinical practice. With the aim of addressing this issue we investigated the clinical outcome of a series of patients with Binet stage A CLL...
- Serum levels of IL-6 type cytokines and soluble IL-6 receptors in active B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and in cladribine induced remissionT Robak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, Copernicus Hospital, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 8:277-86. 1999..We have correlated the serum levels of these proteins with Rai's clinical stage of the disease, the response to 2-CdA treatment and some hematological parameters...
- Potential for Anopheles campestris (Diptera: Culicidae) to transmit malaria parasites in Pa Rai subdistrict (Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaeo Province), ThailandChamnarn Apiwathnasor
Department of Medical Entomology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Entomol 39:583-6. 2002..Anopheles barbirostris and Anopheles campestris Reid are the suspected vectors of Plasmodium vivax in Pa Rai (Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaeo province). To determine if An. barbirostris, An...
- [Chronic lymphocytic leukemia--the old and the new]W Korte
Institut für klinische Chemie und Hämatologie, Kantonsspital, St Gallen
Ther Umsch 61:151-6. 2004..Prognostic features comprise the stage of the disease according to the Rai or Binet systems, laboratory markers such as LDH, beta-2-microglobulin, lymphocyte doubling time and CD38 ..
- Gemcitabine does not prevent acute rejection of the transplanted liver in ratsHynek Mergental
Department of Transplant Surgery, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Videnska 1958 9, 140 21, Prague, Czech Republic
Transpl Int 17:687-91. 2005..On day 7, blood samples and liver graft tissue specimens were harvested. Group A showed severe rejection changes (RAI 8/9); in group B no rejection changes were present (RAI 0/9), and in group C moderate rejection changes were ..
- Human recombinant TSH preceding a therapeutic dose of radioiodine for multinodular goiters has no significant effect in the surge of TSH-receptor and TPO antibodiesIleana G S Rubio
Thyroid Unit, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 15:134-9. 2005Radioiodine (RAI) treatment has increasingly been used mostly in elderly patients with multinodular goiter (MNG) as an alternative for surgery...
- Effectiveness of radioiodine (131-I) as definitive therapy in patients with autoimmune and non-autoimmune hyperthyroidismB Tarantini
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism and Biochemistry, University of Siena, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 29:594-8. 2006We evaluated the outcome of radioiodine (RAI) therapy in 100 consecutive patients treated in the period 2000-2001 for hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease (GD), toxic adenoma (TA) and toxic multinodular goiter (TMG)...
- Using smudge cells on routine blood smears to predict clinical outcome in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a universally available prognostic testGrzegorz S Nowakowski
Division of Hematology, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 82:449-53. 2007Recently developed prognostic tests in early Rai and Binet stage chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) require considerable technologic expertise and are not available worldwide. Smudge cells are CLL cells ruptured during smear preparation...
- Peripheral blood levels of thyroglobulin mRNA and serum thyroglobulin concentrations after radioiodine ablation of multinodular goiter with or without pre-treatment with recombinant human thyrotropinI G S Rubio
Thyroid Unit LIM 25, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endocrinol Invest 30:535-40. 2007We investigated the effect of therapeutic doses of radioiodine (RAI) on peripheral serum messenger thyroglobulin RNA (Tg mRNA) and serum thyroglobulin (sTg) in patients with multinodular goiter (MNG) preceded or not by treatment with ..
- Using the Resident Assessment Instrument-Mental Health (RAI-MH) to determine levels of care for individuals with serious mental illnessCarrie Gibbons
Lakehead Psychiatric Hospital, St Joseph s Care Group, 580 North Algoma Street, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
J Behav Health Serv Res 35:60-70. 2008..The algorithm, drew on several domains of the Resident Assessment Instrument-Mental Health (RAI-MH) to support a statistical model that would explain a maximum of variance with the gold standard, a consensus-..
- De novo deletion 17p13.1 chronic lymphocytic leukemia shows significant clinical heterogeneity: the M. D. Anderson and Mayo Clinic experienceConstantine S Tam
Leukemia Department, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Blood 114:957-64. 2009..Risk factors for progressive disease were Rai stage of 1 or higher and unmutated immunoglobulin variable region heavy chain (IgVH)...
- Survival impact of treatment options for papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroidHarrison W Lin
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts, U S A
Laryngoscope 119:1983-7. 2009..Evaluate the impact of medical and surgical interventions on the survival of patients with papillary microcarcinoma (PMC) of the thyroid, a common tumor with an increasing worldwide incidence...
- Spatial and sex differences in AIDS mortality in Chiang Rai, ThailandAnnitra Jongsthapongpanth
Department of Geography, State University of New York at Buffalo, Wilkeson Quad, Buffalo, NY 14261, USA
Health Place 16:1084-93. 2010..A total of 2432 male and 1864 female deaths (2000-2004) from AIDS in Chiang Rai are used to detect mortality clusters...
- The alteration of asymmetric dimetilarginine (ADMA) levels in cardiac and gastrocnemius muscles following radioactive iodine application in guinea pigs and the effect of L-carnitine on this alterationSelma Arzu Vardar
Department of Physiology, Trakya University Faculty of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
Int J Radiat Biol 87:2-7. 2011..asymmetric dimetilarginine (ADMA) and symmetric dimetilarginine (SDMA) were investigated in cardiac ventricle and gastrocnemius muscles of guinea pigs treated with radioactive iodine (RAI) alone or in combination with L-carnitine (LC).
- A specific diplotype defined by PPP1R13L rs1970764, CD3EAP rs967591 and ERCC1 rs11615 and lung cancer risk in a Chinese populationJiaoyang Yin
Key Laboratory of Environment and Population Health of Liaoning Education Ministry Shenyang Medical College, Shenyang 110034, Liaoning Province, People s Republic of China
Lung Cancer 76:286-91. 2012..370 cases and 388 controls was conducted to evaluate the effects of the high-risk diplotype predefined as PPP1R13L rs1970764(AA)-CD3EAP rs967591(GG)-ERCC1 rs11615(AA) among Caucasians and three SNPs alone or other haplotypes ..
- Management of thyroid carcinoma in children and young adultsLouis Rapkin
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 34:S39-46. 2012..Surgery remains the primary method of curing these patients, although radioactive iodine (RAI) may offer some benefit in WDTC for selected patients...
- Treating the thyroid in the presence of Graves' ophthalmopathyLaszlo Hegedus
University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 26:313-24. 2012..Whether antithyroid drugs (ATDs), radioiodine (RAI), or thyroidectomy should be favored in such patients remains debated...
- Undetectable thyroglobulin after total thyroidectomy in patients with low- and intermediate-risk papillary thyroid cancer--is there a need for radioactive iodine therapy?Tihana Ibrahimpasić
Head and Neck Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Surgery 152:1096-105. 2012The efficacy of radioactive iodine therapy (RAI) in patients who have an undetectable thyroglobulin (Tg) level after total thyroidectomy in well-differentiated papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) is questionable...
- Clinical, safety, and economic evidence in radioactive iodine-refractory differentiated thyroid cancer: a systematic literature reviewRoger T Anderson
Department of Public Health Sciences, Penn State College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Thyroid 23:392-407. 2013..While most cases of DTC are curable with the use of surgery and radioactive iodine (RAI) ablation of the remaining thyroid remnant, prognosis is dire and treatment options limited when DTC becomes RAI-..
- A promoter polymorphism in human interleukin-32 modulates its expression and influences the risk and the outcome of epithelial cell-derived thyroid carcinomaTheo S Plantinga
Department of Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 8, Nijmegen, 6525 GA, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 34:1529-35. 2013..71 (1.06-2.75). In addition, the cumulative radioactive iodine (RAI) dose received after total thyroidectomy was significantly higher in TC patients bearing the ancient T allele...
- Immediate, non-submerged, root-analogue direct laser metal sintering (DLMS) implants: a 1-year prospective study on 15 patientsFrancesco Guido Mangano
Department of Surgical and Morphological Science, Dental School, University of Varese, Varese, Italy
Lasers Med Sci 29:1321-8. 2014..7 mm (±0.2). The possibility of fabricating custom-made, RAI DLMS implants opens new interesting horizons for immediate placement of dental implants.
- Should patients with remnants from thyroid microcarcinoma really not be treated with iodine-131 ablation?Rosj Gallicchio
Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico di Basilicata CROB, Via P Pio 1, 85028, Rionero in Vulture, Italy
Endocrine 44:426-33. 2013..We retrospectively studied low-risk patients (pts) with differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) less than 1 cm recruited for radioiodine therapy (RAI).
- Effects of PPP1R13L and CD3EAP variants on lung cancer susceptibility among nonsmoking Chinese womenJiaoyang Yin
Key Laboratory of Environment and Population Health of Liaoning Education Ministry Shenyang Medical College, Shenyang 110034, Liaoning Province, People s Republic of China
Gene 524:228-31. 2013The pathogenesis of lung cancer in the never-smokers could possibly be different from the one in smokers. PPP1R13L and CD3EAP on chromosome 19q13.3 are mainly involved in apoptosis and transcription...
- Topical Microbicide AcceptabilityAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2006..Focusing on HIV-negative men who have receptive anal intercourse (RAI) using condoms inconsistently or not at all, the primary aims of this study are to (1) determine, through a rectal ..
- ASISH KUMAR GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 2016..that CLL B-cells can spontaneously or with stimulation produce LD MV in vitro irrespective of disease stages (Rai stage)...
- An Evaluation of Vaccination Practices of Nursing Home Residents and StaffDavid H Howard; Fiscal Year: 2011..is to assess the validity of reported influenza vaccination status and race on the resident assessment instrument (RAI) by comparing RAI data to patient vaccination and medical records...
- Towards Measures of Lupus Nephritis Activity &Damage for ChildrenHermine I Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim #1b: To develop and initially validate for Children a Renal Activity Index (C-RAI) to non-invasively monitor LN activity...
- HEALTH, QUALITY OF CARE AND NURSING HOME CHOICEAndrew Foster; Fiscal Year: 1999..Information on residents and new entrants is contained in the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and Minimum Data Set (MDS)...
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases isoforms as novel biomarkers in CLLLingzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Currently, clinical staging by the Rai and Binet criteria remains the foundation for determining prognosis and indication for treatment...
- A noninvasive optical imaging of retinal amyloid beta deposits in AD patientsMaya Koronyo-Hamaoui; Fiscal Year: 2013..perform an initial clinical imaging study and use the data to automate the calculation of a Retinal Amyloid Index (RAI), a quantitative measure of amyloid in the retina...
- BEHAVIORAL RESEARCH FOR AIDS PREVENTION IN THAILANDMaria Wawer; Fiscal Year: 1993..The project, to be conducted in Bangkok in central Thailand, Chiang Rai in the north, and Hadyai in the south, will collect quantitative and qualitative behavioral data in brothels (..
- James A Fagin; Fiscal Year: 2014..with BRAF mutation have lower expression of NIS, which likely explains why BRAF mutant PTCs are often resistant to RAI therapy...
- Family-to-Family: Psychoeducation to Improve Children's Outcomes in HIV+ FamiliesLi Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Phase 2, families with HIV+ parents (400 HIV+ parents, 600 family caregivers) from 4 district hospitals in Chang Rai &Nakhon Ratchasima Provinces will be recruited to an intervention to benefit their 960 school-aged children ..
- Genetic Models of Anterior Segment DevelopmentD J Sidjanin; Fiscal Year: 2012..The woe mice carry a hypomorphic mutation in the Adam17 gene whereas the woe2 mice carry a deletion in the Ppp1r13l gene. The goal of this proposal is to understand the role of Adam17 and Ppp1r13l during the eye development...
- The Role of Oxidative Stress in CLL B-cell ApoptosisTait D Shanafelt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Conduct a clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of one ROS generating agent, EGCG, for treatment of patients with Rai state 0-II CLL...
- Rasa Zarnegar; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- RAI CONDOM: Feasibility & Acceptability Study, Phase 1 Pilot Clinical ResearchDANIEL RESNIC; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): The purpose of this project is to research, refine and test three prototypes of the ORIGAMI RAI CONDOM, an RAI (receptive anal intercourse) condom made of a biocompatible, viral-impermeable silicone, which may ..
- Item Banking Across the Continuum of CareCraig A Velozo; Fiscal Year: 2013..facilities (IRFs), and results obtained from the Minimum Data Set (MDS) of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI), which is collected to monitor functional status in VA Community Living Centers (CLC)...
- Megan Rist Haymart; Fiscal Year: 2015..for well-differentiated thyroid cancer (WDTC) includes thyroid surgery often followed by radioactive iodine (RAI) and suppressive doses of thyroid hormone replacement...
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT IN NURSING HOMESFrancois Sainfort; Fiscal Year: 1999..and (2) gathering routinely collected resident- level information using the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI). These data will be collected simultaneously in two different years to study changes over a period of one year...
- New Proteins Binding Apoptotic Stimulator of p53, ASPP2LARRY ROHDE; Fiscal Year: 2004..An ASPP family member, iASPP, acts as an oncoprotein that inhibits p53 activity...
- Angiogenesis in B Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaNeil Kay; Fiscal Year: 2002..This latter finding would strongly suggest that maneuvers to alter the angiogenic potential in B-CLL patients would be an important and novel therapeutic approach in this disease. ..
- B CLL Subtypes--Correlation with Clinical OutcomeNeil Kay; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- VEGF Function in B-CLLNeil E Kay; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Does the VEGF/VEGF-R pathway(s) found in CLL B cells correlate with either clinical and/or critical biologic parameters in B-CLL? ..
- Internet Use and HIV Risk among Men in NYCAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Predictors of HIV Risk Behavior Among Men in ArgentinaAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is a fundamental step prior to designing programs that mitigate those factors and result in decreased risk. ..
- Inducible NOS as a Treatment Target in CLLJ Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MOLECULAR AND BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION OF CD40 IN MYELOMADiane Jelinek; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CLONOTYPIC PCR FOR MINIMAL RESIDUAL DISEASE IN LYMPHOMAAriela Noy; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, the extensive patient population facilitates the execution of a large number of clinical protocols in a timely manner. ..
- DEVELOPING CIRCADIAN RHYTHMICITYScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may also lead to the development of new care practices in Neonatal Intensive Care Units and extend the field of developmental chronobiology to the bedside. ..
- ENDOTHELIN IN HUMANS CORONARY IN EARLY ATHEROSCLEROSISAmir Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Adenosinergic Mechanisms of Intrauterine Growth RetardationScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goals of this proposal are to identify the mechanisms by which adenosine acts to protect the embryo in utero and how altered embryonic adenosine action leads to long-term adverse effects in adulthood. ..
- A1-ADENOSINE RECEPTOR ACTION IN HIPPOCAMPUSScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate these studies will lead to new insights into the mechanisms of A1AR action. We also anticipate that these studies will identify A1ARs as an important regulator of axon growth. ..
- Vaccine therapy of congenital adrenal HyperplasiaScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also anticipate being able to extend this novel approach to the treatment of other receptor-mediated endocrine disorders, such as hyperthyroidism. ..
- The Role of Adenosine in Hypoglycemic Brain InjuryScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate that these studies will yield new insights into the mechanisms of hypoglycemic brain injury and may lead to the development of practical strategies for reducing hypoglycemic brain injury. ..
- PATHOGENESIS AND THERAPY OF AUTOIMMUNE THYROID DISEASELESLIE DE GROOT; Fiscal Year: 2007..R .G. Phelps, who will analyze TSH-R epitopes which we elute from DR3 molecules, Dr. W. Kwok, who will provide DR3 tetramers, and with Dr. M. Ludgate on the model of Graves' disease. ..
- Advanced Haplotype Analyses in Coronary Artery DiseaseAndrew Allen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Allen's development into an established independent quantitative research scientist with expertise in both methodology for dissecting genetic factors in complex disease and cardiovascular genetics. ..
- role of BLyS/April in Normal and Malignant Plasma CellsDiane Jelinek; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MINORITY BASED COMMUNITY CLINICAL ONCOLOGY PROGRAMPeter Wiernik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Efforts in screening and prevention intervention will be facilitated through the Community Outreach program and Community Council. ..
- Brca1 Deletion in Murine Cells and Mammary TissueMARCIA BROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Anti-Adenosine Therapy of Neonatal Brain InjuryScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is anticipated that these studies will lead to novel and practical strategies for directly preventing brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Coronary Endothelial Function in HumansAmir Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The success of this program has the potential to further both the research and mentoring endeavors of patient-oriented investigation and mentoring the next generation of patient-oriented researchers. ..
- CB1 Receptor Action on the Developing HippocampusScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these studies will result in new insights into the potential effects of cannabinoid action on the developing brain. ..
- A-1 Adenosine Receptor Action in Developing HeartScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these studies will identify Rho and ROCK as critical signaling molecules in heart development and reveal that cardiac GTPase activity transduces the effects of adenosine. ..
- Developing Prevalence Measures of Elder Abuse in Residential Long-Term Care SettiMARY HAWES; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, the study addresses the CDC's Healthy People 2010 goals of assuring "Access to Quality Health Services--Long-term Care" and of "Injury and Violence Prevention." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEPSIPEPTIDE: A NOVEL HISTONE DEACYTLASE INHIBITOR IN LJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2003..The clinical and laboratory results of this trial will provide pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic information for additional correlative efforts in both single agent phase II and combination phase I studies. ..
- Anal Dysplasia in HIV+ and HIV- menTimothy Wilkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will help provide important new information on which groups of HIV+ men may benefit from screening and how HAART may modify this risk. ..
- A PHASE 1 Study of HuD10 IN CLL/SLL PATIENTSJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2002..These laboratory studies combined with clinical data derived from this trial will form the basis for future phase II development of this agent in CLL/SLL. ..
- Epigenetic Targeted Therapy for Chronic Lymphocytic Leu*John Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Markers: Response to Chemo-immunotherapy in C*John Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such therapy would potentially administer different types of chemoimmunotherapy based upon the presence or absence of IgVH mutational status and p53 dysfunction. ..
- QUALITY MEASUREMENT IN RESIDENTIAL CAREMARY HAWES; Fiscal Year: 2001..In short, we propose a multi-faceted approach to developing and using quality measures to improve health care services to the vulnerable populations residing in RCFs. ..