Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: POLN
Description: polymerase (DNA directed) nu
Alias: POL4P, DNA polymerase N, DNA polymerase POL4P, DNA polymerase nu
- POLN, a nuclear PolA family DNA polymerase homologous to the DNA cross-link sensitivity protein Mus308Federica Marini
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Hillman Cancer Center, Research Pavilion, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 278:32014-9. 2003..We report here the identification, cloning, and characterization of POLN and its gene product, a new mammalian DNA polymerase also related to Mus308...
- A unique error signature for human DNA polymerase nuMercedes E Arana
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, DHHS, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:213-23. 2007Human DNA polymerase nu (pol nu) is one of three A family polymerases conserved in vertebrates. Although its biological functions are unknown, pol nu has been implicated in DNA repair and in translesion DNA synthesis (TLS)...
- Uncoupling of 3'-phosphatase and 5'-kinase functions in budding yeast. Characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA 3'-phosphatase (TPP1)J R Vance
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0602, USA
J Biol Chem 276:15073-81. 2001..plasmids by non-homologous end joining with considerable efficiency independently of the end-processing polymerase Pol4p. Homology searches and biochemical assays did not reveal a 5'-kinase that would account for this repair, however...
- Genetic variants in DNA repair genes and the risk of cutaneous malignant melanoma in melanoma-prone families with/without CDKN2A mutationsXueying Sharon Liang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, NCI NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 130:2062-6. 2012..p-Values for SNPs in the same gene were combined to yield gene specific p-values. Two genes, POLN and PRKDC, were significantly associated with melanoma after Bonferroni correction for multiple testing (p = 0...
- Kinetic analysis of the unique error signature of human DNA polymerase νMercedes E Arana
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Biochemistry 50:10126-35. 2011....
- A comprehensive genetic association study of Alzheimer disease in African AmericansMark W Logue
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arch Neurol 68:1569-79. 2011..To evaluate the association of genetic variation with late-onset Alzheimer disease (AD) in African Americans, including genes implicated in recent genome-wide association studies of whites...
- Preparation of site-specific T=mCG cis-syn cyclobutane dimer-containing template and its error-free bypass by yeast and human polymerase ηQian Song
Department of Chemistry, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
J Biol Chem 287:8021-8. 2012..We also demonstrate that both yeast and human pol η synthesize past the 3'-(m)C CPD in a >99% error-free manner, consistent with the highly water-exposed nature of the active site...
- Lung cancer and DNA repair genes: multilevel association analysis from the International Lung Cancer ConsortiumRémi Kazma
Universite Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Carcinogenesis 33:1059-64. 2012..01): UBE2N, structural maintenance of chromosomes 1L2 and POLB. Two additional genes (RAD52 and POLN) are borderline significant...
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase-mediated Rad18 phosphorylation facilitates Polη recruitment to stalled replication forksLaura R Barkley
National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Mol Biol Cell 23:1943-54. 2012..Rad18 S409A also failed to fully complement the UV sensitivity of Rad18-depleted cells. Taken together, these results show that Rad18 phosphorylation by JNK represents a novel mechanism for promoting TLS and DNA damage tolerance...
- Epstein-Barr virus BPLF1 deubiquitinates PCNA and attenuates polymerase η recruitment to DNA damage sitesChristopher B Whitehurst
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Virol 86:8097-106. 2012..PCNA is the first cellular target identified for BPLF1 and its deubiquitinating activity...
- Enhancement of human DNA polymerase η activity and fidelity is dependent upon a bipartite interaction with the Werner syndrome proteinLeena Maddukuri
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205 7199, USA
J Biol Chem 287:42312-23. 2012..In summary, WRN improves the efficiency and fidelity of hpol η to promote more effective replication of DNA...
- Suppression of Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad27 null mutant phenotypes by the 5' nuclease domain of Escherichia coli DNA polymerase IXuemin Sun
Division of Molecular Medicine, City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Curr Genet 41:379-88. 2002..the putative FEN-1 homologue in Escherichia coli is contained within the N-terminal region of the DNA polymerase I (PolN)...
- Stepwise occurrence of a complex unbalanced translocation in neuroblastoma leading to insertion of a telomere sequence and late chromosome 17q gainGudrun Schleiermacher
INSERM Unité 509, Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire des Cancers, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Oncogene 24:3377-84. 2005..the chromosome 4p telomere, and the (1;4) fusion disrupts the MACF1 (microtubule-actin crosslinking factor 1) and POLN genes, respectively...
- Determination of triacylglycerols in donkey milk by using high performance liquid chromatography coupled with atmospheric pressure chemical ionization mass spectrometryPaola Dugo
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Biologica, Facolta di Scienze, Universita di Messina, 98166 Messina, Italy
J Sep Sci 28:1023-30. 2005..Amongst the identified triacylglycerols, POLn, POO, PPO, CaPO, POL, and PPoO proved to be the main components of the TAG fraction of donkey milk.
- Human DNA polymerase N (POLN) is a low fidelity enzyme capable of error-free bypass of 5S-thymine glycolKei ichi Takata
Department of Pharmacology, Hillman Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 1863, USA
J Biol Chem 281:23445-55. 2006Human DNA polymerase N (POLN or pol nu) is the most recently discovered nuclear DNA polymerase in the human genome. It is an A-family DNA polymerase related to Escherichia coli pol I, human POLQ, and Drosophila Mus308...
- Novel enzymatic function of DNA polymerase nu in translesion DNA synthesis past major groove DNA-peptide and DNA-DNA cross-linksKinrin Yamanaka
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, Oregon Health and Science University, L606, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 23:689-95. 2010b>DNA polymerase nu (POLN or pol nu) is a newly discovered A family polymerase that generates a high error rate when incorporating nucleotides opposite dG; its translesion DNA synthesis (TLS) capability has only been demonstrated for high ..
- Rad18 regulates DNA polymerase kappa and is required for recovery from S-phase checkpoint-mediated arrestXiaohui Bi
Department of Genetics and Genomics, Boston University School of Medicine, 80 E Concord St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3527-40. 2006..Recruitment of Polkappa to ubiquitinated PCNA enables lesion bypass and eliminates stalled forks, thereby attenuating the S-phase checkpoint...
- Vertebrate POLQ and POLbeta cooperate in base excision repair of oxidative DNA damageMichio Yoshimura
Department of Radiation Genetics, CREST, Japan Science and Technology Laboratory, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida Konoe, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Mol Cell 24:115-25. 2006..We disrupted POLQ, and its homologs HEL308 and POLN in chicken DT40 cells, and also created polq/hel308 and polq/poln double mutants...
- Evidence for the involvement of human DNA polymerase N in the repair of DNA interstrand cross-linksLaura Zietlow
The Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986805 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6805, USA
Biochemistry 48:11817-24. 2009Human DNA polymerase N (PolN) is an A-family nuclear DNA polymerase whose function is unknown. This study examines the possible role of PolN in DNA repair in human cells treated with PolN-targeted siRNA...
- ATR-mediated phosphorylation of DNA polymerase η is needed for efficient recovery from UV damageThomas Gohler
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RQ, England, UK
J Cell Biol 192:219-27. 2011..Taken together, our results provide evidence for a link between DNA damage-induced checkpoint activation and translesion synthesis in mammalian cells...
- Convergence of Rad6/Rad18 and Fanconi anemia tumor suppressor pathways upon DNA damageHwan Ki Park
The Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13313. 2010....
- DNA polymerases nu and theta are required for efficient immunoglobulin V gene diversification in chickenMasaoki Kohzaki
Department of Radiation Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 189:1117-27. 2010..Disruption of both polymerases causes a significant decrease in Ig gene conversion events, although POLN(-/-)/POLQ(-/-) cells exhibit no prominent defect in HR-mediated DNA repair, as indicated by no increase in ..
- Crosstalk between replicative and translesional DNA polymerases: PDIP38 interacts directly with PoletaAgnès Tissier
CNRS, UPR, Conventionné par l Université d Aix Marseille, France
DNA Repair (Amst) 9:922-8. 2010..We thus suggest that PDIP38 serves as a mediator protein helping TLS Pols to transiently replace replicative polymerases at damaged sites...
- DNA polymerase POLN participates in cross-link repair and homologous recombinationGeorge Lucian Moldovan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:1088-96. 2010..We identified here the recently discovered polymerase POLN to be involved in repair of DNA cross-links...
- Evolutionary conservation of residues in vertebrate DNA polymerase N conferring low fidelity and bypass activityKei ichi Takata
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Houston, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:3233-44. 2010b>POLN is a nuclear A-family DNA polymerase encoded in vertebrate genomes...
- Repair and Processing of DNA CrosslinksRichard Wood; Fiscal Year: 2007..Purified POLQ and POLN, a new enzyme discovered in our laboratory, will be tested for the ability to bypass DNA damage, including an ..
- Mechanisms of DNA Lesion Bypass in EukaryotesZhigang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that (a) Polzeta, Poln, Polkappa, and Rev1 are involved in DNA synthesis opposite the lesion in vivo; and (b) efficient bypass of some ..