Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PNPLA3
Description: patatin like phospholipase domain containing 3
Alias: ADPN, C22orf20, iPLA(2)epsilon, patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3, acylglycerol O-acyltransferase, adiponutrin, calcium-independent phospholipase A2-epsilon, iPLA2-epsilon, iPLA2epsilon
Publications151 found, 100 shown here
- PNPLA3 variants specifically confer increased risk for histologic nonalcoholic fatty liver disease but not metabolic diseaseElizabeth K Speliotes
Department of Gastroenterology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Hepatology 52:904-12. 2010..The G allele of rs738409 in PNPLA3 was associated with increased odds of histologic NAFLD (odds ratio [OR] = 3.26, 95% confidence intervals [CI] = 2...
- Variant in PNPLA3 is associated with alcoholic liver diseaseChao Tian
Perlegen Sciences, Mountain View, California, USA
Nat Genet 42:21-3. 2010Two genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have described associations of variants in PNPLA3 with nonalcoholic fatty liver and plasma liver enzyme levels...
- Population-based genome-wide association studies reveal six loci influencing plasma levels of liver enzymesXin Yuan
Genetics Division, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Am J Hum Genet 83:520-8. 2008..two loci influencing plasma levels of alanine-aminotransferase (ALT) (CPN1-ERLIN1-CHUK on chromosome 10 and PNPLA3-SAMM50 on chromosome 22), one locus influencing gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) levels (HNF1A on chromosome 12), ..
- Morbid obesity exposes the association between PNPLA3 I148M (rs738409) and indices of hepatic injury in individuals of European descentS Romeo
Institute of Metabolic Science, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Int J Obes (Lond) 34:190-4. 2010The PNPLA3 I148M variant (rs738409) is robustly associated with hepatic steatosis...
- A common variant in the patatin-like phospholipase 3 gene (PNPLA3) is associated with fatty liver disease in obese children and adolescentsNicola Santoro
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Hepatology 52:1281-90. 2010..Recently, a nonsynonymous single-nucleotide polymorphism (rs738409), in the patatin-like phospholipase 3 gene (PNPLA3) has been associated with hepatic steatosis in adults...
- Distinct regulation of adiponutrin/PNPLA3 gene expression by the transcription factors ChREBP and SREBP1c in mouse and human hepatocytesCéline Dubuquoy
INSERM, U1016, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
J Hepatol 55:145-53. 2011The adiponutrin/PNPLA3 (patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3) variant I148M has recently emerged as an important marker of human fatty liver disease...
- A common variant in the PNPLA3 gene is a risk factor for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in obese Taiwanese childrenYu Cheng Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Banqiao City, Taipei County, Taiwan
J Pediatr 158:740-4. 2011To test the hypothesis that the presence of the PNPLA3 rs738409 G allele would increase the susceptibility of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in obese Taiwanese children.
- PNPLA3 polymorphisms and liver aminotransferase levels in a Mexican American populationQuan Li
The University of Texas School of Public Health, Brownsville, TX 78520, USA
Clin Invest Med 35:E237-45. 2012This study examined genetic associations of patatin-like phospholipase domain containing 3 gene (PNPLA3) polymorphisms and liver aminotransferases in an extensively documented, randomly recruited Mexican American population at high risk ..
- Variation in the adiponutrin gene influences its expression and associates with obesityLovisa E Johansson
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Clinical Obesity, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes 55:826-33. 2006b>Adiponutrin is one of three recently identified adipocyte lipases. Surprisingly, these proteins also retain transacylase activity, a hitherto unknown pathway of triacylglycerol synthesis in the adipocytes...
- Adiponutrin: A new gene regulated by energy balance in human adipose tissueYong Ming Liu
Equipe d Accueil 3502 and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Avenir and Department de Nutrition, Paris VI University, Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2684-9. 2004b>Adiponutrin is a newly identified nonsecreted adipocyte protein regulated by changes in energy balance in rodents. We documented the influence of energy balance modification on adiponutrin gene expression in humans...
- Identification, cloning, expression, and purification of three novel human calcium-independent phospholipase A2 family members possessing triacylglycerol lipase and acylglycerol transacylase activitiesChristopher M Jenkins
Division of Bioorganic Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 279:48968-75. 2004..consensus sequence motifs identified a novel subfamily of three putative iPLA2/lipase family members designated iPLA2epsilon, iPLA2zeta, and iPLA2eta (previously named adiponutrin, TTS-2...
- Expression, regulation, and triglyceride hydrolase activity of Adiponutrin family membersAndrew C Lake
Biological Technologies, Wyeth Research, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
J Lipid Res 46:2477-87. 2005b>Adiponutrin and a related protein, adipocyte triglyceride lipase (ATGL; also known as Desnutrin), were recently described as adipocyte-specific proteins with lipid hydrolase activity...
- Characterization of the human patatin-like phospholipase familyPaul A Wilson
Bioinformatics Discovery and Analysis, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Stevenage, England SG1 2NY, UK
J Lipid Res 47:1940-9. 2006..Given the observed conservation of the patatin fold and lipase motif in all human PNPLAs, a single nomenclature to describe the PNPLA family is proposed...
- Polymorphisms in the adiponutrin gene are associated with increased insulin secretion and obesityLovisa E Johansson
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Malmö University Hospital MAS, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 159:577-83. 2008The insulin responsive adiponutrin or patatin-like phospholipase 3 (PNPLA3, previously ADPN) gene shows association with obesity and in vitro adipocyte lipolysis...
- Genetic variation in PNPLA3 confers susceptibility to nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseStefano Romeo
Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, Eugene McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Nat Genet 40:1461-5. 2008..An allele in PNPLA3 (rs738409[G], encoding I148M) was strongly associated with increased hepatic fat levels (P = 5...
- Mammalian patatin domain containing proteins: a family with diverse lipolytic activities involved in multiple biological functionsPetra C Kienesberger
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz, 8010 Graz, Austria
J Lipid Res 50:S63-8. 2009..This review aims to summarize current knowledge of PNPLA proteins and to document their emerging importance in lipid and energy homeostasis...
- A common variant in PNPLA3, which encodes adiponutrin, is associated with liver fat content in humansA Kotronen
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetologia 52:1056-60. 2009It has recently been suggested that the rs738409 G allele in PNPLA3, which encodes adiponutrin, is strongly associated with increased liver fat content in three different ethnic groups...
- Prediction of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and liver fat using metabolic and genetic factorsAnna Kotronen
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Gastroenterology 137:865-72. 2009..disease (NAFLD) and liver fat content based on routinely available clinical and laboratory data and to test whether knowledge of the recently discovered genetic variant in the PNPLA3 gene (rs738409) increases accuracy of the prediction.
- Tri-iodothyronine upregulates adiponutrin mRNA expression in rat and human adipocytesR M Calvo
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Madrid, CSIC, Arturo Duperier, 4, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Mol Cell Endocrinol 311:39-46. 2009b>Adiponutrin (PNPLA3) is expressed in adipose tissue. Although its precise function is unknown, some data suggest a dual role in lipid homeostasis...
- Dissociation between fatty liver and insulin resistance in humans carrying a variant of the patatin-like phospholipase 3 geneKonstantinos Kantartzis
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Vascular Medicine, Nephrology and Clinical Chemistry, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetes 58:2616-23. 2009..scan, the rs738409 C>G single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the patatin-like phospholipase 3 gene (PNPLA3) was strongly associated with increased liver fat but not with insulin resistance estimated from fasting values...
- Genetic evidence for a role of adiponutrin in the metabolism of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoproteinsBarbara Kollerits
Division of Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Medical Genetics, Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Hum Mol Genet 18:4669-76. 2009b>Adiponutrin (PNPLA3) is a predominantly liver-expressed transmembrane protein with phospholipase activity that is regulated by fasting and feeding...
- A nonsynonymous gene variant in the adiponutrin gene is associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease severitySilvia Sookoian
Laboratory of Clinical and Molecular Hepatology, Department of Molecular Genetics and Biology of Complex Diseases, Institute of Medical Research, University of Buenos Aires CONICET, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Lipid Res 50:2111-6. 2009We explored the role of the adiponutrin (PNPLA3) nonsynonymous-rs738409 single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in genetic susceptibility to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and whether this SNP contributes to the severity of ..
- A sequence variation (I148M) in PNPLA3 associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease disrupts triglyceride hydrolysisShaoqing He
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 285:6706-15. 2010..Previously, we showed that a missense mutation (I148M) in PNPLA3 (patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 protein) is associated with increased hepatic triglyceride content ..
- Homozygosity for the patatin-like phospholipase-3/adiponutrin I148M polymorphism influences liver fibrosis in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseLuca Valenti
Department of Internal Medicine, Università degli Studi Milano, UO Medicina Interna 1B, Fondazione Ospedale Policlinico MaRE Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 51:1209-17. 2010..predisposition to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), and the rs738409 C-->G polymorphism of PNPLA3/adiponutrin, encoding for the isoleucine-to-methionine substitution at residue 148 (I148M) protein variant, has recently ..
- The 148M allele of the PNPLA3 gene is associated with indices of liver damage early in lifeStefano Romeo
Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
J Hepatol 53:335-8. 2010..Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is frequently associated with obesity in children. Recently, the PNPLA3 gene I148M (rs738409) variant was demonstrated to be strongly associated with hepatic steatosis in obese adults...
- On the use of variance per genotype as a tool to identify quantitative trait interaction effects: a report from the Women's Genome Health StudyGuillaume Pare
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Population Genomics Program, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
PLoS Genet 6:e1000981. 2010..levels, between the ICAM1 SNP rs1799969 and smoking in the prediction of soluble ICAM-1 levels, and between the PNPLA3 SNP rs738409 and body mass index in the prediction of soluble ICAM-1 levels...
- I148M patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 gene variant and severity of pediatric nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseLuca Valenti
Department of Internal Medicine, Universita degli Studi, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Ca Granda Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 52:1274-80. 2010..Recently, the rs738409 C>G adiponutrin/patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3) polymorphism, which encodes the I148M protein variant ..
- The association of genetic variability in patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3 (PNPLA3) with histological severity of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseYaron Rotman
Liver Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1800, USA
Hepatology 52:894-903. 2010..C/G, a nonsynonymous coding SNP in the patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3 (PNPLA3) (adiponutrin) gene encoding an Ile148Met change, was associated with steatosis (P = 0.03), portal inflammation (P = 2...
- Specifically PNPLA3-mediated accumulation of liver fat in obese patients with type 2 diabetesJean Michel Petit
Universite de Bourgogne, Centre de Recherche Institute National de la Santé, Dijon Cedex, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:E430-6. 2010Recently, it has been shown in the general population that an allele in the adiponutrin (PNPLA3) gene was strongly associated with increased liver fat content (LFC), independently of visceral adiposity and insulin resistance.
- Effects of PNPLA3 on liver fat and metabolic profile in Hispanic children and adolescentsMichael I Goran
Department of Preventive Medicine, Childhood Obesity Research Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Diabetes 59:3127-30. 2010A genome-wide study of adults identified a variant of PNPLA3 (rs738409) associated with ∼twofold higher liver fat...
- Increased hepatic fat in overweight Hispanic youth influenced by interaction between genetic variation in PNPLA3 and high dietary carbohydrate and sugar consumptionJaimie N Davis
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 92:1522-7. 2010Recently, a genetic variant (rs738409; C→G) of the PNPLA3 gene was identified to be associated with increased hepatic fat deposition, and the effect was more pronounced in Hispanics...
- Regulation of the promoter region of the human adiponutrin/PNPLA3 gene by glucose and insulinSharleen M Rae-Whitcombe
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:767-72. 2010The adiponutrin/PNPLA3 gene is highly expressed in adipose tissue and liver. Its expression is down-regulated by fasting and rapidly induced by refeeding a high carbohydrate diet...
- Variant adiponutrin (PNPLA3) represents a common fibrosis risk gene: non-invasive elastography-based study in chronic liver diseaseMarcin Krawczyk
Department of Medicine II, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
J Hepatol 55:299-306. 2011Recent genome-wide association studies have identified the variant p.I148M of the adiponutrin gene PNPLA3 as a risk factor for developing severe forms of non-alcoholic and alcoholic liver diseases...
- Association of the rs738409 polymorphism in PNPLA3 with liver damage and the development of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseKikuko Hotta
EBM Research Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
BMC Med Genet 11:172. 2010..association scan, the single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs738409 in the patatin-like phospholipase 3 gene (PNPLA3) was strongly associated with increased liver fat content...
- Viral genotype-specific role of PNPLA3, PPARG, MTTP, and IL28B in hepatitis C virus-associated steatosisTao Cai
Infectious Diseases Service, Department of Medicine, University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Hepatol 55:529-35. 2011..steatosis in chronic hepatitis C has been limited by the studies' small sample size, and important single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), such as those in the patatin-like phospholipase family 3 protein (PNPLA3), were never evaluated.
- Genetic variation in the PNPLA3 gene is associated with alcoholic liver injury in caucasiansFelix Stickel
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Visceral Research, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Hepatology 53:86-95. 2011A recent genome-wide study revealed an association between variation in the PNPLA3 gene and liver fat content...
- Association of PNPLA3 with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in a minority cohort: the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Family StudyLynne E Wagenknecht
Division of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Liver Int 31:412-6. 2011Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a highly prevalent condition, particularly among Hispanic Americans. A genetic variant in PNPLA3 (rs738409) has been identified as a strong predictor of hepatic fat content.
- Patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 I148M polymorphism, steatosis, and liver damage in chronic hepatitis CLuca Valenti
Department of Internal Medicine, Universita degli Studi, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Ca Granda IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 53:791-9. 2011..The rs738409 C>G patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3) single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), encoding for the I148M protein variant, influences liver fat without ..
- Common polymorphism in the PNPLA3/adiponutrin gene confers higher risk of cirrhosis and liver damage in alcoholic liver diseaseEric Trépo
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatopancreatology and Digestive Oncology, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Hepatol 55:906-12. 2011A recent genome-wide association study identified genetic polymorphism (rs738409 C>G) in the PNPLA3/adiponutrin gene associated with liver steatosis...
- Meta-analysis of the influence of I148M variant of patatin-like phospholipase domain containing 3 gene (PNPLA3) on the susceptibility and histological severity of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseSilvia Sookoian
Department of Clinical and Molecular Hepatology, Institute of Medical Research A Lanari IDIM, University of Buenos Aires National Council of Scientific and Technological Research CONICET, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hepatology 53:1883-94. 2011..to estimate the strength of the effect of the I148M (rs738409 C/G) patatin-like phospholipase domain containing 3 (PNPLA3) variant on nonalcoholic fatty liver (NAFLD) and disease severity across different populations...
- Genome-wide association analysis identifies variants associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease that have distinct effects on metabolic traitsElizabeth K Speliotes
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1001324. 2011..liver disease (NAFLD) clusters in families, but the only known common genetic variants influencing risk are near PNPLA3. We sought to identify additional genetic variants influencing NAFLD using genome-wide association (GWA) analysis ..
- Impact of patatin-like phospholipase-3 (rs738409 C>G) polymorphism on fibrosis progression and steatosis in chronic hepatitis CEric Trépo
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatopancreatology, and Digestive Oncology, Erasme Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Hepatology 54:60-9. 2011..A recent genome-wide association study identified a genetic variant in the patatin-like phospholipase-3 (PNPLA3) gene (rs738409 C>G) associated with steatosis that was further demonstrated to influence severity of fibrosis ..
- Genetic variation in PNPLA3 (adiponutrin) confers sensitivity to weight loss-induced decrease in liver fat in humansKsenia Sevastianova
Minerva Foundation Institute for Medical Research, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Clin Nutr 94:104-11. 2011The rs738409 C→G single nucleotide polymorphism in the patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3; adiponutrin) leads to a missense mutation (I148M), which is associated with increased liver fat but not insulin resistance...
- Association of PNPLA3 SNP rs738409 with liver density in African Americans with type 2 diabetes mellitusA J Cox
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Diabetes Metab 37:452-5. 2011..2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), and has been associated with the single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs738409 in the PNPLA3 gene...
- The PNPLA3 I148M polymorphism is associated with insulin resistance and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in a normoglycaemic populationChih Wen Wang
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Liver Int 31:1326-31. 2011The adiponutrin/patatin-like phospholipase-3 (PNPLA3) I148M polymorphism has recently been found to contribute to differences in hepatic lipid content...
- PNPLA3 rs738409C/G polymorphism in cirrhosis: relationship with the aetiology of liver disease and hepatocellular carcinoma occurrenceEdmondo Falleti
Department of Medical Sciences Experimental and Clinical, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Liver Int 31:1137-43. 2011The PNPLA3 rs738409 C>G polymorphism has been found to be strongly associated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and with alcoholic liver disease...
- PNPLA3 polymorphism influences liver fibrosis in unselected patients with type 2 diabetesJean M Petit
Centre de Recherche, INSERM Unité 866, Universite de Bourgogne, CHU du Bocage, Dijon, France
Liver Int 31:1332-6. 2011Recently, it has been shown that an allele in the adiponutrin (PNPLA3) gene was strongly associated with increased liver fat content (LFC) and liver fibrosis independent of visceral adiposity and insulin resistance.
- The APOC3 T-455C and C-482T promoter region polymorphisms are not associated with the severity of liver damage independently of PNPLA3 I148M genotype in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liverLuca Valenti
Department of Internal Medicine, Università degli Studi Milano, UO Medicina Interna 1B, Ospedale Maggiore Ca Granda Fondazione Policlinico IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 55:1409-14. 2011..The aim was to assess the association between APOC3 SNPs and liver damage in Caucasian patients...
- The common adiponutrin variant p.I148M does not confer gallstone risk but affects fasting glucose and triglyceride levelsM Krawczyk
Department of Medicine II, Saarland University Hospital, Saarland University, Homburg, Germany
J Physiol Pharmacol 62:369-75. 2011Recently the common adiponutrin (PNPLA3) polymorphism p.I148M has been identified as a genetic determinant of severe forms of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and alcoholic liver disease...
- The PNPLA3 rs738409 148M/M genotype is a risk factor for liver cancer in alcoholic cirrhosis but shows no or weak association in hepatitis C cirrhosisHans Dieter Nischalke
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e27087. 2011An isoleucine>methionine mutation at position 148 in the PNPLA3 gene (p.I148M, rs738409) has recently been identified as a susceptibility factor for liver damage in steatohepatitis...
- Variant in the glucokinase regulatory protein (GCKR) gene is associated with fatty liver in obese children and adolescentsNicola Santoro
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Hepatology 55:781-9. 2012..Moreover, because recently rs738409 in the PNPLA3 and rs2854116 in the APOC3 were associated with fatty liver, we explored how the GCKR SNP and these two variants ..
- The association of PNPLA3 variants with liver enzymes in childhood obesity is driven by the interaction with abdominal fatEmanuele Miraglia del Giudice
Department of Pediatrics, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e27933. 2011A polymorphism in adiponutrin/patatin-like phospholipase-3 gene (PNPLA3), rs738409 C->G, encoding for the I148M variant, is the strongest genetic determinant of liver fat and ALT levels in adulthood and childhood obesity...
- Genetic variation in PNPLA3 but not APOC3 influences liver fat in non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseJenni Hyysalo
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:951-6. 2012..Our aim was to determine the contribution of genetic variation in APOC3 on liver fat content and plasma triglyceride and apoC3 concentrations in a larger European cohort...
- A multi-ethnic study of a PNPLA3 gene variant and its association with disease severity in non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseShamsul Mohd Zain
The Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hum Genet 131:1145-52. 2012The adiponutrin (PNPLA3) rs738409 polymorphism has been found to be associated with susceptibility to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in various cohorts...
- IL28B and PNPLA3 polymorphisms affect histological liver damage in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseSalvatore Petta
Sezione di Gastroenterologia, DiBiMIS, University of Palermo, Italy
J Hepatol 56:1356-62. 2012..The main outcomes of the study were to assess whether IL28B rs12979860 and rs8099917 polymorphisms, together with PNPLA3 rs738409 C>G polymorphism, are associated with lobular inflammation and fibrosis, in NAFLD patients.
- PNPLA3 I148M (rs738409) genetic variant is associated with hepatocellular carcinoma in obese individualsMaria Antonella Burza
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine and Center for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Dig Liver Dis 44:1037-41. 2012..Patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3) I148M (rs738409) genetic variant has been associated with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in individuals with ..
- Patatin-like phospholipase domain containing-3 gene I148M polymorphism, steatosis, and liver damage in hereditary hemochromatosisLuca Valenti
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Fondazione Cà Granda IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, 20122 Milano, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 18:2813-20. 2012To investigate whether the patatin-like phospholipase domain containing-3 gene (PNPLA3) I148M polymorphism is associated with steatosis, fibrosis stage, and cirrhosis in hereditary hemochromatosis (HH).
- Genetic polymorphisms of the human PNPLA3 gene are strongly associated with severity of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in JapaneseTakahisa Kawaguchi
Center for Genomic Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e38322. 2012....
- Paradoxical lower serum triglyceride levels and higher type 2 diabetes mellitus susceptibility in obese individuals with the PNPLA3 148M variantColin N A Palmer
Medical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e39362. 2012..The I148M (rs738409) genetic variant of patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 gene (PNPLA3) is known to modulate hepatic triglyceride accumulation, leading to steatosis...
- Patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3) I148M (rs738409) affects hepatic VLDL secretion in humans and in vitroCarlo Pirazzi
Sahlgrenska Center for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research Wallenberg Laboratory, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
J Hepatol 57:1276-82. 2012..The robust association between non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and the genetic variant I148M (rs738409) in PNPLA3 has been widely replicated...
- The I148M PNPLA3 polymorphism influences serum adiponectin in patients with fatty liver and healthy controlsLuca Valenti
Department of Internal Medicine, Università degli Studi Milano, UO Medicina Interna 1B, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 12:111. 2012..liver disease (NAFLD) and steatohepatitis (NASH), and the I148M Patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3) polymorphism predisposes to NAFLD and liver damage progression in NASH and chronic hepatitis C (CHC) by still ..
- Genetic variant I148M in PNPLA3 is associated with the ultrasonography-determined steatosis degree in a Chinese populationYiling Li
Department of Gastroenterology, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
BMC Med Genet 13:113. 2012..single nucleotide polymorphism rs738409 (I148M) in patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3 (PNPLA3) predisposes susceptibility to NAFLD; however, its association with steatosis grade is inconsistent in the ..
- PNPLA3 I148M variant and hepatocellular carcinoma: a common genetic variant for a rare diseaseLuca Valenti
Department of Pathophysiology and Transplantation, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Section of Internal Medicine, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 45:619-24. 2013..The rs738409 genetic variant in the patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3, adiponutrin) gene has been implicated as a genetic determinant of the entire spectrum of liver diseases, ranging from ..
- A gene variant of PNPLA3, but not of APOC3, is associated with histological parameters of NAFLD in an obese populationA Verrijken
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolism, Antwerp University Hospital, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:2138-45. 2013..We studied the association between the genes patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3 (PNPLA3) and apolipoprotein C3 (APOC3) and metabolic and histological parameters of NAFLD in obese patients.
- Genome-wide scan revealed that polymorphisms in the PNPLA3, SAMM50, and PARVB genes are associated with development and progression of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in JapanTakuya Kitamoto
EBM Research Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Yoshida Konoecho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Hum Genet 132:783-92. 2013..Rs738409 in the PNPLA3 gene was most strongly associated with NAFLD after adjustment (P = 6.8 × 10(-14), OR = 2.05)...
- Circulating triacylglycerol signatures in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease associated with the I148M variant in PNPLA3 and with obesityJenni Hyysalo
Department of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes 63:312-22. 2014..relative concentrations of circulating triacylglycerols (TAGs) between carriers compared with noncarriers of PNPLA3(I148M) gene variant display deficiency of TAGs, which accumulate in the liver because of defective lipase activity...
- PNPLA3-associated steatohepatitis: toward a gene-based classification of fatty liver diseaseMarcin Krawczyk
Department of Medicine II, Saarland University Medical Center, Homburg, Germany
Semin Liver Dis 33:369-79. 2013..Recently, the common variant p.I148M of the enzyme adiponutrin (PNPLA3) has emerged as a major genetic determinant of hepatic steatosis and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis as ..
- PNPLA3 I148M polymorphism and progressive liver diseasePaola Dongiovanni
Paola Dongiovanni, Benedetta Donati, Roberta Fares, Rosa Lombardi, Luca Valenti, Internal Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Policlinico Milano, Department of Pathophysiology and Transplantation, Universita degli Studi di Milano, 20122 Milano, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 19:6969-78. 2013The 148 Isoleucine to Methionine protein variant (I148M) of patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3), a protein is expressed in the liver and is involved in lipid metabolism, has recently been identified as a major ..
- Recombinant PNPLA3 protein shows triglyceride hydrolase activity and its I148M mutation results in loss of functionPiero Pingitore
Department BEST Biologia, Ecologia, Scienze della Terra, Unit of Biochemistry and Molecular Biotechnology, University of Calabria, Via P Bucci 4c, 87036 Arcavacata di Rende, Italy Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg, PO Box 462, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1841:574-80. 2014The patatin-like phospholipase domain containing 3 (PNPLA3, also called adiponutrin, ADPN) is a membrane-bound protein highly expressed in the liver...
- Genetic variants in GCKR and PNPLA3 confer susceptibility to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in obese individualsYu Cheng Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan Y CL and P FC the Departments of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan M HC and Y HN and the Oriental Institute of Technology, New Taipei City, Taiwan Y CL
Am J Clin Nutr 99:869-74. 2014A genome-wide association study identified variants in or near patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing-3 (PNPLA3), neurocan (NCAN), lysophospholipase-like 1 (LYPLAL1), glucokinase regulatory protein (GCKR), and protein phosphatase 1 ..
- Role of the PNPLA3 I148M polymorphism in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and fibrosis in KoreaSang Soo Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, 82 Gumi ro, 173 Beon gil, Bundang gu, Seongnam si, 463 707, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Dig Dis Sci 59:2967-74. 2014The role of the patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3 (PNPLA3) single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), rs738409, in the development and progression of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has not been studied in the Korean ..
- Effects of rosiglitazone and high fat diet on lipase/esterase expression in adipose tissueWen Jun Shen
Division of Endocrinology, Stanford University and VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:177-84. 2007..We found that the relative mRNA levels of ATGL and HSL are the most abundant, being 2-3 fold greater than TGH or ADPN; whereas other intracellular neutral lipase/esterases were expressed at substantially lower levels...
- Adipokine gene expression in brain and pituitary glandMichael Wilkinson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, N S, Canada
Neuroendocrinology 86:191-209. 2007..others, confirmed that the genes for leptin, resistin, adiponectin, FIAF (fasting-induced adipose factor) and adiponutrin are expressed and regulated in these tissues...
- [Analysis of metabolic syndrome and pulse wave velocity in hemodialysis patients: diagnosis of obesity by bioelectrical impedance analysis and a novel risk factor for atherosclerosis]Nobuhiro Sasaki
Kawashima Medical Clinic, Ibaraki, Japan
Nihon Jinzo Gakkai Shi 51:476-83. 2009..Therefore, we evaluated atherosclerosis and Met S in HD patients using various markers of obesity by means of bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) and brachial-ankle PWV(baPWV)...
- Insulin regulation of gene expression and concentrations of white adipose tissue-derived proteins in vivo in healthy men: relation to adiponutrinMay Faraj
Laboratoire des dysfonctions Métabolique, Departement de Nutrition, Faculte de Medicine, Universite de Montreal, 2405 Chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1A8
J Endocrinol 191:427-35. 2006b>Adiponutrin is a newly described white adipose tissue (WAT)-derived protein whose function and regulation remain widely unclear in humans though it is suggested to be related to insulin sensitivity...
- High serum adiponectin levels during steroid-responsive nephrotic syndrome relapseSevcan A Bakkaloglu
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Gazi University, Besevler, 06540 Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 20:474-7. 2005Adiponectin (ADPN), exclusively expressed and secreted from adipocytes, is a recently discovered protein hormone with anti-atherogenic and anti-inflammatory properties in contrast to other well-known adipocytokines...
- Hyperleptinaemia and chronic inflammation after peritonitis predicts poor nutritional status and mortality in patients on peritoneal dialysisMan Fai Lam
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, NO 102, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1445-50. 2007..The nutritional status of PD patients may further be worsened following peritonitis. We investigated the association between hyperleptinaemia, inflammation and malnourishment in PD-related peritonitis...
- Accessory deep peroneal nerve - a clinically significant anomaly?Szymon Owsiak
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Neurol Neurochir Pol 42:112-5. 2008The accessory deep peroneal nerve (ADPN), a variant of the peroneal nerve, may give motor branches to the extensor digitorum brevis muscle (EDB) in 19-28% of the general population and in up to 78% of subjects in familial cases...
- The expression level of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease-related gene PNPLA3 in hepatocytes is highly influenced by hepatic lipid statusMenno Hoekstra
Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 52:244-51. 2010Recent studies have suggested that variations in PNPLA3 are associated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)...
- Adiponectin levels and atherosclerotic risk factors in pediatric chronic peritoneal dialysis patientsSevcan A Bakkaloglu
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Perit Dial Int 25:357-61. 2005..Adiponectin (ADPN) is a recently discovered adipocyte-derived plasma protein having anti-atherogenic properties...
- Resistin differentially modulates neuropeptide gene expression and AMP-activated protein kinase activity in N-1 hypothalamic neuronsRussell E Brown
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dalhousie University, IWK Health Centre, 5850 5980 University Avenue, PO Box 9700, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3K 6R8, Canada
Brain Res 1294:52-60. 2009..and the N-1 hypothalamic neuronal cell line, also expressed several adipokines, including resistin and adiponectin (ADPN). These data suggested that they might also impact brain function and metabolism...
- Effects of long-term ethanol administration in a rat total enteral nutrition model of alcoholic liver diseaseMartin J J Ronis
epartment of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 2University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 300:G109-19. 2011..5 ± 0.6 vs. 2.7 ± 1.2), associated with suppression of the triglyceride hydrolyzing protein adiponutrin, but produced no elevation in serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT)...
- Oleoyl-estrone treatment to late pregnant and mid-lactating rats affects the expression of lipid metabolism genesBeatriz García-Peláez
Departament de Nutrició i Bromatologia, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Av Diagonal, 645, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Lipids 42:827-33. 2007..The expression of LPL, FATP1, FABP4, HSL, ACC1, FAS, PEPCK, GLUT4, PDK4, SREBP1c, adiponutrin and leptin, were compared with their expression in virgin rats...
- Adiponectin, metabolic risk factors, and cardiovascular events among patients with end-stage renal diseaseCarmine Zoccali
National Research Council Center of Clinical Physiology, Reggio Calabria, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:134-41. 2002Adiponectin (ADPN), which is a secretory protein of adipose tissue, attenuates endothelial inflammatory responses in vitro...
- Increased serum adiponectin levels in type 1 diabetic patients with microvascular complicationsJ Frystyk
Medical Research Laboratories, Clinical Institute and Medical Department M Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Diabetologia 48:1911-8. 2005Low serum adiponectin (ADPN) has been associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Adiponectin levels and arteriosclerotic risk factors in pediatric renal transplant recipientsSevcan A Bakkaloglu
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 10:187-92. 2006b>ADPN, a recently discovered adipocytokine, has attracted great attention because of its anti-atherogenic properties...
- Heritability of plasma adiponectin levels and body mass index in twinsMaurizio Cesari
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Clinica Medica 4 University Hospital, University of Padova, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3082-8. 2007..Adiponectin is suspected to exert antiatherogenic, antiinflammatory, and insulin-sensitizing effects. However, the relative importance of the genetic and environmental factors in influencing plasma adiponectin levels (ADPN) remains unclear.
- Plasma adiponectin levels and clinical outcomes among haemodialysis patientsMadhumathi Rao
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center Hospitals, Box 391, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:2619-28. 2008Adiponectin (ADPN) levels are consistently elevated among patients with advanced chronic kidney disease, but its relationship with cardiovascular outcomes in this population remains controversial.
- Paradoxical role for adiponectin in chronic renal diseases? An example of reverse epidemiologyJoachim Beige
Hospital St Georg, Divison of Nephrology, 2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum St Georg, Delitzscher Street 141, 04129 Leipzig, Germany
Expert Opin Ther Targets 13:163-73. 2009Adiponectin (ADPN) is an adipocyte-derived protein with potential antiatherogenic properties...
- Plasma adiponectin levels in chronic kidney disease patients: relation with molecular inflammatory profile and metabolic statusG D Norata
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti, 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 20:56-63. 2010Adiponectin (ADPN) exerts anti-inflammatory and cardio protective effects and is associated with decreased cardiovascular risk, however its role in patients with chronic kidney disease is unclear.
- A feed-forward loop amplifies nutritional regulation of PNPLA3Yongcheng Huang
Departments of Molecular Genetics and Internal Medicine, The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7892-7. 2010..Previously, we identified a sequence variant (I148M) in patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 3 (PNPLA3) that confers susceptibility to both hepatic triglyceride (TG) deposition and liver injury...
- Patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing 3/adiponutrin deficiency in mice is not associated with fatty liver diseaseWeiqin Chen
Diabetes and Endocrinology Research Center, Section of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Hepatology 52:1134-42. 2010PNPLA3 (adiponutrin), a novel patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing enzyme, is expressed at high level in fat, but also in other tissues including liver. Polymorphisms in PNPLA3 have been linked to obesity and insulin sensitivity...
- Adiponutrin, a transmembrane protein corresponding to a novel dietary- and obesity-linked mRNA specifically expressed in the adipose lineageS Baulande
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR Physiologie et Physiopathologie, CNRS, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 Paris, Cedex 06, France
J Biol Chem 276:33336-44. 2001..Based on its adipose specificity and dietary regulation, the novel gene product has been designated adiponutrin. The expression of adiponutrin mRNA is also 50-fold elevated in genetically obese fa/fa rats, indicating a link ..
- Association between plasma adiponectin concentration and visceral fat accumulation in hemodialysis patientsMari Odamaki
Department of Clinical Nutrition, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Nephron Clin Pract 102:c8-13. 2006..Adiponectin (ADPN) is a recently discovered adipocyte-derived protein that appears to have protective role against atherosclerosis...
- Adipose triglyceride lipase: function, regulation by insulin, and comparison with adiponutrinErin E Kershaw
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 55:148-57. 2006..ATGL shares the greatest sequence homology with adiponutrin, a nutritionally regulated protein of unclear biological function...
- Association of high-molecular-weight to total adiponectin ratio with pulse wave velocity in hemodialysis patientsAkihiko Kato
Division of Blood Purification, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Nephron Clin Pract 109:c18-24. 2008High-molecular-weight adiponectin (HMW ADPN) plays an important role in the regulation of insulin action and atherogenic processes, but the role of HMW ADPN remains to be determined in hemodialysis (HD) patients...
- Serum adiponectin acutely after an ischemic stroke: implications for a long-lasting, suppressed anti-inflammatory roleS Marousi
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Patras, Greece
Acta Neurol Scand 121:277-84. 2010Past ischemic stroke (IS) patients display suppressed adiponectin (ADPN) levels a few months after disease onset...
- Differences in mRNA expression of adipocyte-derived factors in response to fasting, refeeding and leptinFabrice Bertile
Centre d Ecologie et Physiologie Energetiques, UPR 9010 CNRS, Associé à l Université Louis Pasteur, 23 rue Becquerel, 67087 Strasbourg Cedex 2, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1683:101-9. 2004..Leptin, adiponectin, resistin, adiponutrin, and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) gene expressions differentially decreased according to the fasting ..
- Inflammatory proteins as predictors of cardiovascular disease in patients with end-stage renal diseaseCarmine Zoccali
CNR IBIM, Epidemiologia Clinica e Fisiopatologia delle Malattie Renali e dell Ipertensione Arteriosa, Unita Operativa di Nefrologia, Dialisi e Trapianto Renale, Ospedali Riuniti VI piano, 89125 Reggio Calabria, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:V67-72. 2004..interleukin-6, tumour necrosis factor-alpha, as well as adipocyte-specific proteins, leptin and adiponectin (ADPN)...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine in obesity after renal transplantationVladimir Teplan
Department of Nephrology, Transplant Center, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Postgraduate Medical School, Prague, Czech Republic
J Ren Nutr 18:513-20. 2008..We have assessed in obese renal transplant recipients a course of selected proinflammatory factors liable to influence the long-term outcome of transplant patients and kidney grafts...
- [Cloning of human adiponectin gene by PCR-driven overlap extension and expression in Pichia pastoris]Bianling Zhang
Key Laboratory of Resource Biology and Biotechnology in Western China, School of Life Science, Northwest University, Xi an 710069, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 24:1480-4. 2008Gene of human adiponectin (ADPN) was cloned by PCR-driven overlap extension. The ADPN gene was linked into pGEM-T vector. After the sequence was determined, the ADPN gene was subcloned into expression vector pPIC3...
- HELEN HASKELL HOBBS; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recently, we identified a missense mutation (I148M) in patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein, PNPLA3 that is strongly associated with both hepatic TG content and hepatic injury...
- MATTHEW ALVIN MITSCHE; Fiscal Year: 2016..Patatin-like phospholipase domain containing 3 (PNPLA3) was first implicated in the metabolism of hepatic triacylglycerides (TAGs) when our lab found that a missense ..
- John B Whitfield; Fiscal Year: 2015..To date, only one genetic polymorphism (in PNPLA3) has shown replicable positive result as a risk factor for ALC, although evidence from twin studies and Inter-..
- Autologus adipose tissue grafts to inhibit hemodialysis access stenosisCHRISTI MARIE TERRY; Fiscal Year: 2012..Adipocytes release many peptides, including adiponectin (ADPN) which has beneficial vascular effects, such as decreasing the expression of cellular adhesion molecules and ..
- GENCAC - North Carolina Field CenterLynne Wagenknecht; Fiscal Year: 2004..This application corresponds to the GENCAC clinic submitted by the Wake Forest University School of Medicine as part of the GENCAC genetic epidemiology network. ..
- ETHANOL METABOLISM IN PREGNANCY--ROLE OF DIETMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON BONE FORMATION IN PREGNANCYMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The role of CYP2E1 and free radicals in the skeletal toxicity of ethanol during these periods will also be studied. ..
- Analysis of Fatty Liver in the Framingham Heart Study CohortELIZABETH SPELIOTES; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mitochondiral Injury and Anemia in Elderly Patients with Chronic Kidney DiseaseMadhumathi Rao; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Contribution of ATGL in skeletal muscle to lipid metabolism and insulin actionERIN KERSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2008..Evaluating the role of ATGL-mediated fat breakdown in skeletal muscle will provide important insights into the pathophysiology and treatment of obesity, insulin resistance, and related metabolic disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTRA-ABDOMINAL FAT AND RISK OF DISEASE IN ADOLESCENTSMichael Goran; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- GENETICS OF ADIPOSITY AND GLUCOSE HOMEOSTASISLynne Wagenknecht; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TGF-beta1 and PAI-1 genotypes in Chronic Kidney DiseaseMadhumathi Rao; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed training program and research project will prepare her for a career as an independent investigator. ..