Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLCE1
Description: phospholipase C epsilon 1
Alias: NPHS3, PLCE, PPLC, 1-phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase epsilon-1, PLC-epsilon-1, pancreas-enriched phospholipase C, phosphoinositide phospholipase C, phosphoinositide phospholipase C-epsilon-1, phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C epsilon-1
- Exogenous human immunodeficiency virus type-1 Tat protein selectively stimulates a phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C nuclear pathway in the Jurkat T cell lineG Zauli
Institute of Human Anatomy, University of Ferrara, Italy
Eur J Immunol 25:2695-700. 1995..The relevance of these findings for a better understanding of the biological functions of extracellular Tat is discussed...
- Mutations in phospholipase C epsilon 1 are not sufficient to cause diffuse mesangial sclerosisRodney D Gilbert
Wessex Regional Paediatric Nephro Urology Service, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Kidney Int 75:415-9. 2009..Recently, mutations in phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) were found to cause a nonsyndromic, autosomal recessive form of this disease...
- Human immunodeficiency virus-1 glycoproteins gp120 and gp160 specifically inhibit the CD3/T cell-antigen receptor phosphoinositide transduction pathwayD Cefai
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Group Hospitalier GH Pitié Salpétrière, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 86:2117-24. 1990....
- Involvement of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate-regulated stores of intracellular calcium in calcium dysregulation and neuron cell death caused by HIV-1 protein tatN J Haughey
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine, Winnipeg, Canada
J Neurochem 73:1363-74. 1999....
- Replication study of PLCE1 and C20orf54 polymorphism and risk of esophageal cancer in a Chinese populationHaiyong Gu
Department of Cardiothorac Surgery, Affiliated People s Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212000, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:9105-11. 2012..association studies (GWAS) reported that functional genetic variations in the phospholipase C epsilon gene (PLCE1) were strongly associated with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and gastric cardia adenocarcinoma ..
- Phospholipase C epsilon plays a suppressive role in incidence of colorectal cancerXiaoliang Wang
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai First People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 100, Haining Road, Shanghai 200080, China
Med Oncol 29:1051-8. 2012In our previous study, we have found that PLCE1 was down-regulated in sporadic colorectal cancer. But the role of PLCE1 in the incidence of colorectal cancer is still not definite...
- Screening of new tumor suppressor genes in sporadic colorectal cancer patientsXiaoliang Wang
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200080, China
Hepatogastroenterology 55:2039-44. 2008..The purpose of this study was to screen for unknown tumor suppressor genes (TSGs) in patients with sporadic CRC...
- RNA interference suppressing PLCE1 gene expression decreases invasive power of human bladder cancer T24 cell lineLiping Ou
Department of Laboratory Diagnosis, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, CQ, China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 200:110-9. 2010Mutational activation of the ras proto-oncogenes is frequently found in cancers. The phospholipase C epsilon gene (PLCE1) encodes a novel ras-related protein (R-Ras) effector mediating the effects of R-Ras on the actin cytoskeleton and ..
- A shared susceptibility locus in PLCE1 at 10q23 for gastric adenocarcinoma and esophageal squamous cell carcinomaChristian C Abnet
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 42:764-7. 2010..A notable signal was rs2274223, a nonsynonymous SNP located in PLCE1, for gastric cancer (P = 8.40 x 10(-9); per-allele odds ratio (OR) = 1.31) and ESCC (P = 3.85 x 10(-9); OR = 1.34)...
- Genome-wide association study of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese subjects identifies susceptibility loci at PLCE1 and C20orf54Li Dong Wang
Cancer Research Center, Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, Henan, China
Nat Genet 42:759-63. 2010..We identified two previously unknown susceptibility loci for ESCC: PLCE1 at 10q23 (P(Han combined for ESCC) = 7.46 x 10(-56), odds ratio (OR) = 1.43; P(Uygur-Kazakh for ESCC) = 5...
- Genome-wide association study identifies three new susceptibility loci for esophageal squamous-cell carcinoma in Chinese populationsChen Wu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Nat Genet 43:679-84. 2011..92 × 10(-56)). These findings highlight the involvement of multiple genetic loci and gene-environment interaction in the development of esophageal cancer...
- Association between novel PLCE1 variants identified in published esophageal cancer genome-wide association studies and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckHongxia Ma
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
BMC Cancer 11:258. 2011Phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) (an effector of Ras) belonging to the phospholipase family plays crucial roles in carcinogenesis and progression of several cancers, including squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Genetic variation in PLCE1 is associated with gastric cancer survival in a Chinese populationDewei Luo
Department of Molecular and Genetic Toxicology, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Cancer Biomarkers, Prevention and Treatment, Cancer Center, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
J Gastroenterol 46:1260-6. 2011..genome-wide association studies on gastric cancer showed a previously unknown gastric cancer susceptible locus in PLCE1 at 10q23...
- Phospholipase C isozymes are deregulated in colorectal cancer--insights gained from gene set enrichment analysis of the transcriptomeStine A Danielsen
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 6:e24419. 2011..several members of the Phospholipase C protein family, and the reduced expression of two of these, PLCD1 and PLCE1, were successfully validated in CRC biopsies (n = 70) and cell lines (n = 19) by quantitative analyses...
- Genome-wide association study identifies susceptibility loci for dengue shock syndrome at MICB and PLCE1Chiea Chuen Khor
Infectious Diseases, Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore
Nat Genet 43:1139-41. 2011..34 (95% confidence interval: 1.23-1.46)). We identified associated variants within PLCE1 (phospholipase C, epsilon 1) on chromosome 10 (rs3765524, P(meta) = 3.08 × 10(-10), per-allele OR = 0...
- Putatively functional PLCE1 variants and susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC): a case-control study in eastern Chinese populationsHaichuan Hu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, China
Ann Surg Oncol 19:2403-10. 2012A novel variant rs2274223 located in the phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) gene was found to be associated with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) by 2 large-scale genome-wide association studies (GWASs) in Chinese ..
- Potentially functional variants of PLCE1 identified by GWASs contribute to gastric adenocarcinoma susceptibility in an eastern Chinese populationMengyun Wang
Cancer Research Laboratory, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e31932. 2012..Recent genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have found a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP, rs2274223 A>G) in PLCE1 to be associated with risk of gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1 rs2274223A>G, rs3765524C>T and rs7922612C>T) polymorphisms and esophageal cancer risk in the Kashmir ValleyManzoor Ahmad Malik
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:4319-23. 2014Phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) encodes a member of the phospholipase family of proteins that play crucial roles in carcinogenesis and progression of several cancers including esophageal cancer (EC)...
- Genetic variation in C20orf54, PLCE1 and MUC1 and the risk of upper gastrointestinal cancers in Caucasian populationsAndrew J Palmer
GI Reseach Group, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
Eur J Cancer Prev 21:541-4. 2012..associations between upper gastrointestinal cancer and the rs2274223, rs13042395 and rs4072037 polymorphisms in PLCE1, C20orf54 and MUC1, respectively...
- Distinct genetic association at the PLCE1 locus with oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma in the South African populationHannah Bye
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, King s College London, King s Health Partners, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Carcinogenesis 33:2155-61. 2012..association studies in Chinese populations identified five new OSCC susceptibility loci, including variants at PLCE1, C20orf54, PDE4D, RUNX1 and UNC5CL, but their contribution to disease risk in other populations is unknown...
- PLC-ε1 gene polymorphisms significantly enhance the risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in individuals with a family history of upper gastrointestinal cancersRong Miao Zhou
Department of Molecular Biology, the Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Hebei Province, China
Arch Med Res 43:578-84. 2012....
- GWAS-uncovered SNPs in PLCE1 and RFT2 genes are not implicated in Dutch esophageal adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma etiologyPolat Dura
Department of Gastroenterology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer Prev 22:417-9. 2013..The total EC group included 86 patients with ESCC and 258 patients with EAC. The distribution of PLCE1 and RFT2 genotypes did not differ between patients with EAC or ESSC, and the controls...
- Genetic variants of MICB and PLCE1 and associations with non-severe dengueJames Whitehorn
Department of Clinical Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e59067. 2013..association study (GWAS) identified susceptibility loci for dengue shock syndrome (DSS) at MICB rs3132468 and PLCE1 rs3740360...
- Novel functional variants locus in PLCE1 and susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: based on published genome-wide association studies in a central Chinese populationFujiao Duan
Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, College of Public Health, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450001, Henan, PR China
Cancer Epidemiol 37:647-52. 2013A novel functional single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs2274223 located in the phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) gene was found to be associated with the risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) by three large-scale genome-..
- PLCE1 polymorphism and upper gastrointestinal cancer risk: a meta-analysisNing Bo Hao
Department of Gastroenterology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e67229. 2013In recent years, the PLCE1 rs2274223 polymorphism has been extensively investigated as a potential risk factor for upper gastrointestinal cancers, including squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and gastric cancer...
- Esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and gastric cardia adenocarcinoma shared susceptibility locus in PLCE1: a meta-analysisRuiqin Mai
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, Guangdong, China
PLoS ONE 8:e69214. 2013Two recent genome-wide association studies have identified a shared susceptibility variation PLCE1 rs2274223 for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and gastric cardia adenocarcinomas (GCA)...
- Association of potentially functional genetic variants of PLCE1 with gallbladder cancer susceptibility in north Indian populationKiran Lata Sharma
Department of Genetics, SGPGIMS, Lucknow, 226014, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Gastrointest Cancer 44:436-43. 2013Phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) plays crucial roles in carcinogenesis and progression of esophageal and gastric cancers. In the present study, we investigated association of GWAS identified rs2274223 A>G and...
- Increased risk of developing digestive tract cancer in subjects carrying the PLCE1 rs2274223 A>G polymorphism: evidence from a meta-analysisXunlei Zhang
Department of Oncology, Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e76425. 2013To date, the association between phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) rs2274223 A>G and risk of digestive tract cancer (DTC) remains inconclusive...
- Common genetic variants at 1q22 and 10q23 and gastric cancer susceptibility in a Korean populationHye Rim Song
Department of Preventive Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, 5, Hak 1 dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, 501 746, South Korea
Tumour Biol 35:3133-7. 2014..The aim of this study was to determine whether rs4072037A > G in MUC1 at 1q22 and rs2274223A > G in PLCE1 at 10q23 are associated with a risk of gastric cancer in a Korean population...
- Association between phospholipase C epsilon gene (PLCE1) polymorphism and colorectal cancer risk in a Chinese populationQi Wang
Sir Run Run Shaw Institute of Clinical Medicine of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
J Int Med Res 42:270-81. 2014To investigate the association between a single nucleotide polymorphism rs2274223 (adenine [A] to guanine [G]) in the phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) gene and susceptibility to colorectal cancer (CRC).
- Meta-analysis of phospholipase C epsilon 1 polymorphism and cancer riskYu Zhang
Institute of Stomatology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Cancer Biomark 13:483-9. 2013Phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) plays crucial roles in carcinogenesis and progression of several cancers. A single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP, rs2274223) in PLCE1 has been identified as a novel susceptibility locus.
- Structural and mechanistic insights into ras association domains of phospholipase C epsilonTom D Bunney
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Chester Beatty Laboratories, The Institute of Cancer Research, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 21:495-507. 2006..Studies of PLCepsilon regulation suggest that, in a cellular context, the RA2 domain, in a mode specific to PLCepsilon, has a role in membrane targeting with further regulatory impact on PLC activity...
- Phospholipase C epsilon modulates beta-adrenergic receptor-dependent cardiac contraction and inhibits cardiac hypertrophyHuan Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Circ Res 97:1305-13. 2005....
- Signaling properties and expression in normal and tumor tissues of two phospholipase C epsilon splice variantsSonia Caroline Sorli
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Chester Beatty Laboratories, The Institute of Cancer Research, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Oncogene 24:90-100. 2005..Taken together, our findings suggest that regulatory mechanisms controlling expression of PLCepsilon, broadened by diversity introduced by splice variants, could play important role in PLCepsilon regulation in normal and tumor cells...
- Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction with leukemia-associated RhoGEF and epidermal growth factor receptor promotes Rho/Ras co-activation, phospholipase C epsilon-Ca2+ signaling, and cytoskeleton modification in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cellsLilly Y W Bourguignon
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco and Endocrine Unit 111N, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 281:14026-40. 2006....
- Positional cloning uncovers mutations in PLCE1 responsible for a nephrotic syndrome variant that may be reversibleBernward Hinkes
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Genet 38:1397-405. 2006..Using positional cloning, we identified mutations in the phospholipase C epsilon gene (PLCE1) as causing early-onset nephrotic syndrome with end-stage kidney disease...
- Familial nephrotic syndrome: PLCE1 enters the frayJonathan Ashley Jefferson
Division of Nephrology, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356521, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1849-52. 2007
- Mutations in PLCE1 are a major cause of isolated diffuse mesangial sclerosis (IDMS)Rasheed Gbadegesin
Departments of Pediatrics and of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:1291-7. 2008..We recently identified by positional cloning recessive mutations in the gene PLCE1/NPHS3 as a novel cause of IDMS. We demonstrated a role of PLCE1 in glomerulogenesis...
- Role of the CDC25 homology domain of phospholipase Cepsilon in amplification of Rap1-dependent signalingT G Jin
Division of Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:30301-7. 2001..These results suggest a pivotal role of the CDC25 homology domain in amplifying Rap1-dependent signal transduction, including the activation of PLCepsilon itself, at specific subcellular locations such as the Golgi apparatus...
- A novel bifunctional phospholipase c that is regulated by Galpha 12 and stimulates the Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayI Lopez
Department of Pathology and Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 276:2758-65. 2001..Our findings demonstrate that PLCepsilon is a novel bifunctional enzyme that is regulated by the heterotrimeric G protein Galpha(12) and activates the small G protein Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathway...
- Regulation of a novel human phospholipase C, PLCepsilon, through membrane targeting by RasC Song
Department of Physiology II, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:2752-7. 2001..These results indicate that Ras directly regulates phosphoinositide breakdown through membrane targeting of PLCepsilon...
- PLCE1 Promotes Esophageal Cancer Cell Progression by Maintaining the Transcriptional Activity of SnailShicong Zhai
Center for Cancer Research, Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, Henan, China Department of Gastroenterology, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, Henan, China
Neoplasia 19:154-164. 2017..Multiple studies with large clinic-based cohorts revealed that variations of the phospholipase C epsilon (PLCE1) gene were associated with esophageal cancer susceptibility...
- Genetic association of PLCE1, C11orf92-C11orf93, and NOC3L with colorectal cancer risk in the Han populationXianglong Duan
School of Life Sciences, Northwest University, Xi an, 710069, China
Tumour Biol 35:1813-7. 2014..Based on χ(2) tests, PLCE1 -rs2077218, rs11187877 (p = 0.049) and C11orf92-C11orf93-rs3802842 (p = 0.023) correlate with CRC risk...
- Replication of results of genome-wide association studies on esophageal squamous cell carcinoma susceptibility loci in a Korean populationJ M Piao
Department of Public Health, Qingdao University Medical College, Qingdao, China
Dis Esophagus 27:798-801. 2014..87-1.62). We observed that the rs2274223 polymorphism was associated with an increased risk of ESCC in this Korean case-control study and that age may modify the association between the rs13042395 polymorphism and the risk of ESCC...
- [Relationship between rs2274223 and rs3765524 polymorphisms of PLCE1 and risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in a Kazakh Chinese population]Yun zhao Chen
Department of Pathology, Shihezi University School of Medicine Key Laboratories for Xinjiang Endemic and Ethnic Diseases, Shihezi 832002, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 42:795-800. 2013To investigate the association between the rs2274223 and rs3765524 polymorphism of phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) gene and the susceptibility to develop esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) in a pure Kazakh Chinese population.
- PLCε1: a potential target of RNA interference therapy for gastric cancerFang Yan
Department of Oncology, Changhai Hospital, Secondary Military Medical University, Shanghai 200240, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 448:409-13. 2014..It is implied that PLCε1 may inhibit the growth of gastric cancer cells via CCL-2 protein mediated pathway. These results suggest that PLCε1 might be an alternative molecular target for gastric cancer gene therapy...
- Novel functional variants locus in PLCE1 and susceptibility to digestive tract cancer in the Chinese population: a meta-analysisFujiao Duan
1 Department of Hospital Infection Management, Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Henan Tumor Hospital, Zhengzhou, Henan P R China
Int J Biol Markers 29:e301-9. 2014..association studies (GWAS) have identified a shared susceptibility variation phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) rs2274223 for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and/or gastric cardia adenocarcinomas (GCA) in the ..
- Effects of PLCE1 gene silencing by RNA interference on cell cycling and apoptosis in esophageal carcinoma cellsLi Zhao
Department of Endoscopy, Peace Hospital Attached to Changzhi Medical College, Changzhi, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:5437-42. 2014..The phospholipase C? gene (PLCE1) encodes a novel ras-related protein effector mediating the effects of R-Ras on the actin cytoskeleton and ..
- A single-gene cause in 29.5% of cases of steroid-resistant nephrotic syndromeCarolin E Sadowski
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Am Soc Nephrol 26:1279-89. 2015..3%), between 7 and 12 years old (17.8%), and between 13 and 18 years old (10.8%). For PLCE1, specific mutations correlated with age of onset...
- PLCE1 rs2274223 polymorphism and susceptibility to esophageal cancer: a meta-analysisLi Yan Guo
Department of Public Health, Jining Medical University, Jining, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:9107-12. 2014To investigate and study the relationship between the PLCE1 rs2274223 gene polymorphism and susceptibility to esophageal cancer by meta-analysis.
- Targeting oncogenic PLCE1 by miR-145 impairs tumor proliferation and metastasis of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaXiao Bin Cui
Department of Pathology and Key Laboratory for Xinjiang Endemic and Ethnic Diseases, Shihezi University School of Medicine, Shihezi, China
Oncotarget 7:1777-95. 2016Phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) is a susceptibility gene in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC). Nevertheless, the role of PLCE1 in ESCC tumorigenesis has not been elucidated...
- Genetic Variations in Phospholipase C-epsilon 1 (PLCE1) and Susceptibility to Colorectal Cancer RiskOztas Ezgi
Department of Pharmaceutical Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Istanbul University, Beyazit, 34116, Istanbul, Turkey
Biochem Genet 54:826-829. 2016..Phosholipase C-epsilon 1 PLCE1 is one of the phospholipase family of enzymes and controls cellular responses leading to cell growth, ..
- WT1 and NPHS2 gene mutation analysis and clinical management of steroid-resistant nephrotic syndromeAravind Selvin Kumar Ramanathan
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Institute of Child Health and Hospital for Children, Madras Medical College, Halls road, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600 008, India
Mol Cell Biochem . 2016..of these children would be a risk with the possibility of mutational changes in podocyte genes (NPHS1, NPHS2, WT1, PLCE1). The mutation in podocyte genes is associated with SRNS...
- Elevated expression patterns and tight correlation of the PLCE1 and NF-κB signaling in Kazakh patients with esophageal carcinomaXiao Bin Cui
Department of Pathology and Key Laboratory for Xinjiang Endemic and Ethnic Diseases, Shihezi University School of Medicine, North 4th Road, Shihezi, 832002, Xinjiang, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 31:791. 2014This study investigated the expression of the phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) and nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-κB)-related proteins in Kazakh patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- Gastric cancer-molecular and clinical dimensionsRoopma Wadhwa
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard FC10 3022, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 10:643-55. 2013..A few germline (PLCE1) and somatic (ERBB2, ERBB3, PTEN, PI3K/AKT/mTOR, FGF, TP53, CDH1 and MET) alterations are emerging and some are ..
- Gastric cancer: epidemiologic aspectsCarlos A Gonzalez
Unit of Nutrition, Environment and Cancer, Catalan Institute of Oncology IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Helicobacter 18:34-8. 2013..the association between IL8, IL10, TNF-b, TP53 and PSCA, while genetic variation at different genes such as XPG, PLCE1, HFE, ERCC5, EZH2, DOC2, CYP19A1, ALDH2, and CDH1 have been reported to be associated with GC risk...
- Multiple polymorphisms within the PLCE1 are associated with esophageal cancer via promoting the gene expression in a Chinese Kazakh populationXiao Bin Cui
Department of Oncology, Tongji Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China Department of Pathology and Key Laboratory for Xinjiang Endemic and Ethnic Diseases, Shihezi University School of Medicine, Shihezi 832002, China
Gene 530:315-22. 2013..of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) identified a susceptibility locus in phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) in Chinese Han populations, few studies further confirmed these findings in pure Kazakh population in which there ..
- Overexpression of PLCE1 in Kazakh esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: implications in cancer metastasis and aggressivenessYun zhao Chen
Department of Oncology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan Department of Pathology and Key Laboratory for Xinjiang Endemic and Ethnic Diseases, Shihezi University School of Medicine, Shihezi
APMIS 121:908-18. 2013..identified an esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) susceptibility locus within phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCE1) gene, which encodes a phospholipase involved in intracellular signaling...
- A molecular genetic analysis of childhood nephrotic syndrome in a cohort of Saudi Arabian familiesMohamed H Al-Hamed
Department of Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Hum Genet 58:480-9. 2013..62 cases (representing 49 families with NS) from Saudi Arabia were screened for mutations in NPHS1, NPHS2, LAMB2, PLCE1, CD2AP, MYO1E, WT1, PTPRO and Nei endonuclease VIII-like 1 (NEIL1)...
- Activity of PLCε contributes to chemotaxis of fibroblasts towards PDGFMarta Martins
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, Division of Biosciences, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Cell Sci 125:5758-69. 2012..Using PLCe1 null fibroblasts we show that cells deficient in PLCε have greatly reduced directionality towards PDGF-BB without ..
- Polymorphisms of tumor-related genes IL-10, PSCA, MTRR and NOC3L are associated with the risk of gastric cancer in the Chinese Han populationLi juan Yuan
Department of General Surgery, Tangdu Hospital of the Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710038, China
Cancer Epidemiol 36:e366-72. 2012..In this study, 25 SNPs in genes for IL-10, IL-1B, MTRR, TNF-а, PSCA, PLCE1 and NOC3L were analyzed to further evaluate their associations with gastric cancer susceptibility in the Chinese ..
- Progress in pathogenesis of proteinuriaAihua Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Nanjing Children s Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210008, China
Int J Nephrol 2012:314251. 2012..and membrane-associated guanylate kinase inverted 1 (MAGI-1), α3β1 integrin, WT1, phospholipase C epsilon-1 (PLCE1), Lmx1b, and MYH9, and mitochondrial disorders and circulating factors in the pathogenesis of glomerular ..
- Systematic analysis of a novel human renal glomerulus-enriched gene expression datasetMaja T Lindenmeyer
Division of Nephrology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 5:e11545. 2010..g. cdkn1, dag1, ddn, ehd3, myh9, nes, nphs1, nphs2, pdpn, pla2r1, plce1, podxl, ptpro, synpo, tcf21, tjp1, wt1)...
- Siah proteins induce the epidermal growth factor-dependent degradation of phospholipase CepsilonSanguk Yun
Department of Life Science, Division of Molecular and Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Kyung Buk 790 784, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 283:1034-42. 2008..Our results suggest that the Siah-dependent degradation of PLCepsilon plays a role in the regulation of growth factor-dependent cell growth...
- Clinical utility of genetic testing in children and adults with steroid-resistant nephrotic syndromeSheila Santin
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Fundacio Puigvert, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, REDinREN, Instituto de Investigación Carlos III, Barcelona, Spain
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1139-48. 2011..Our aim was to compile the clinical and genetic data of eight podocyte genes analyzed in 110 cases (125 patients) with SRNS (ranging from congenital to adult onset) to provide a genetic testing approach...
- Genome-wide association study of personality traits in bipolar patientsNey Alliey-Rodriguez
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Psychiatr Genet 21:190-4. 2011..Genome-wide association study was carried out on personality traits among bipolar patients as possible endophenotypes for gene discovery in bipolar disorder...
- Respiratory-chain deficiency presenting as diffuse mesangial sclerosis with NPHS3 mutationEsra Baskin
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 26:1157-61. 2011..Percutaneous renal biopsy revealed diffuse mesangial sclerosis, and mutational analysis was compatible with PLCE1 mutation...
- Novel mutations in steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome diagnosed in Tunisian childrenIbtihel Benhaj Mbarek
Biochemistry Department, Sahloul University Hospital, 4054, Sousse, Tunisia
Pediatr Nephrol 26:241-9. 2011..Several genes have been involved including NPHS1, NPHS2, WT1, PLCE1, and LAMB2...
- NPHS3: new clues for understanding idiopathic nephrotic syndromeBernward G Hinkes
Pediatr Nephrol 23:847-50. 2008..identification of autosomal recessive nephrotic syndrome type 3 (NPHS3) caused by mutations in the phospholipase PLCE1 gene has, for the first time, shown steroid responsiveness in H-CHNS...
- Cardiovascular responses at the onset of passive leg cycle exercise in paraplegics with spinal cord injuryS Muraki
Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences, Faculty of Nursing and Nutrition, Siebold University of Nagasaki, 822 Yoshimutago Nagayo cho, Nishisonogi gun Nagasaki 851 2195, Japan
Eur J Appl Physiol 81:271-4. 2000The purpose of this study was to examine the cardiovascular responses at the onset of passive leg cycle exercise (PLCE) in paraplegics with spinal cord injury (PSCI) to investigate the increase in venous return from the paralyzed lower ..
- Genome-wide association study of smoking behaviours in patients with COPDMateusz Siedlinski
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Thorax 66:894-902. 2011..Associations of CHRNA3/CHRNA5 and CYP2A6 loci with CPD and DBH with smoking cessation are also likely of importance in the smoking behaviours of patients with COPD...
- Bigenic heterozygosity and the development of steroid-resistant focal segmental glomerulosclerosisMarije Löwik
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3146-51. 2008..Mutated proteins expressed in podocytes cause proteinuria. The role of combined gene defects in the development of FSGS is less clear...
- Mutational analysis of the PLCE1 gene in steroid resistant nephrotic syndromeOlivia Boyer
INSERM U983, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, Paris, France
J Med Genet 47:445-52. 2010Mutations in the PLCE1 gene encoding phospholipase C epsilon 1 (PLCepsilon1) have been recently described in patients with early onset nephrotic syndrome (NS) and diffuse mesangial sclerosis (DMS)...
- Genotype-phenotype correlations in non-Finnish congenital nephrotic syndromeEduardo Machuca
INSERM, U983, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:1209-17. 2010..cases by mutational screening in 107 families (117 cases) by sequencing the entire coding regions of NPHS1, NPHS2, PLCE1, WT1, LAMB2, PDSS2, COQ2, and NEPH1...
- Analysis of recessive CD2AP and ACTN4 mutations in steroid-resistant nephrotic syndromeGenevieve Benoit
INSERM, U574, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Pediatr Nephrol 25:445-51. 2010..the role of recessive CD2AP and ACTN4 mutations in a cohort of children with SRNS for which NPHS1, NPHS2, and PLCE1 mutations had been previously excluded...
- Molecular cloning and expression of phospholipase C epsilon 1 in zebrafishWeibin Zhou
Departments of Pediatrics and Human Genetics, University of Michigan, 8220 MSRB3, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5646, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:282-8. 2009..Phospholipase Cepsilon (PLCE1) is a unique member of the PLC family in that it carries both RasGEF and Ras-associating (RA) domains and may ..
- Genetic forms of nephrotic syndrome: a single-center experience in BrusselsKhalid Ismaili
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Hopital Universitaire des Enfants Reine Fabiola, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Pediatr Nephrol 24:287-94. 2009..mutation analyses were positive in 4/20 (20%), NPHS2 mutations in 4/20 (20%), WT1 mutations in 4/20 (20%), and PLCE1 mutations in 3/20 (15%) families. NPHS1 and PLCE1 mutations were solely found in patients with the earliest onset...
- Identification of BRAF as a new interactor of PLCepsilon1, the protein mutated in nephrotic syndrome type 3Hassan Chaib
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5646, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F93-9. 2008..Recently, we identified recessive mutations in the phospholipase C epsilon 1 gene (PLCE1) as a new cause of early-onset nephrotic syndrome and demonstrated interaction of PLCepsilon1 with IQGAP1...
- Piper longum Linn. Extract inhibits TNF-alpha-induced expression of cell adhesion molecules by inhibiting NF-kappaB activation and microsomal lipid peroxidationNaresh Singh
Molecular Immunogenetics Laboratory, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, University of Delhi Campus North, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
Phytomedicine 15:284-91. 2008..Here, we have evaluated the effect of Piper longum chloroform extract (PlCE) on TNF-alpha-induced expression of ICAM-1 on endothelial cells and on NADPH-catalyzed rat liver microsomal lipid ..
- A new phospholipase-C-calcium signalling pathway mediated by cyclic AMP and a Rap GTPaseM Schmidt
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 3:1020-4. 2001..We provide evidence that these receptor responses are mediated by a Rap GTPase, specifically Rap2B, activated by a guanine-nucleotide-exchange factor (Epac) regulated by cAMP, and involve the recently identified PLC-epsilon isoform...
- shRNA targeting PLCε inhibits bladder cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivoHonglin Cheng
Department of Urological Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Urology 78:474.e7-11. 2011..To investigate the role of phospholipase Cε (PLCε) by silencing PLCε with short hairpin RNA (shRNA) in human bladder cancer cells BIU-87 in vitro and in vivo...
- Renin-angiotensin axis blockade reduces proteinuria in presymptomatic patients with familial FSGSLawrence Copelovitch
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1779-84. 2007..are associated with six different mutations in genes affecting the podocyte (NPHS2, ACTN4, CD2AP, WT1, TRPC6, and PLCE1). Immunosuppressive agents are often unsuccessful in treating this condition...
- PLCε cooperates with the NF-κB pathway to augment TNFα-stimulated CCL2/MCP1 expression in human keratinocyteYuko Harada
Division of Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 414:106-11. 2011..This pathway can cooperate with the NF-κB pathway to achieve a synergistic TNFα-stimulated CCL2 induction in keratinocytes...
- Stimulation of phospholipase C-epsilon by the M3 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor mediated by cyclic AMP and the GTPase Rap2BSandrine Evellin
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, D 45122 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:16805-13. 2002....
- Differential roles of Ras and Rap1 in growth factor-dependent activation of phospholipase C epsilonChunhua Song
Division of Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Oncogene 21:8105-13. 2002..Therefore, the phospholipase C signal is suggested to be critical for survival and growth of BaF3 cells...
- Injuries of the sterno-clavicular joint in backpackersA Shoaib
University Hospital, Cardiff
J R Army Med Corps 148:267-9. 2002..We describe two cases, and reflect on the factors that may have led to the injuries, noting that the current PLCE (personal load carrying equipment) may also increase the risk of this condition...
- Activation of CD4 T cells by Raf-independent effectors of RasJan Czyzyk
Section of Immunobiology, Department of Pathology, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6003-8. 2003..Hence T cell activation can be critically regulated by the Ras effector pathway independent from Raf that can be mimicked by phospholipase C epsilon...
- Association studies of 23 positional/functional candidate genes on chromosome 10 in late-onset Alzheimer's diseaseA R Morgan
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:762-70. 2007..ZWINT, ANK3, UBE2D1, CDC2, SIRT1, JDP1, NET7, SUPV3L1, NEN3, SAR1, SGPL1, SEC24C, CAMK2G, PP3CB, SNCG, CH25H, PLCE1, ANXV111) in the MRC genetic resource for LOAD...
- Identification of Tyr900 in the kinase domain of c-Kit as a Src-dependent phosphorylation site mediating interaction with c-CrkJohan Lennartsson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Centre, P O Box 595, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 288:110-8. 2003..Together these data support a model where c-Src phosphorylates the receptor, thereby creating docking sites for SH2 domain containing proteins, leading to recruitment of Crk to the receptor...
- Inhibition of phospholipase C-epsilon by Gi-coupled receptorsFrank vom Dorp
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Cell Signal 16:921-8. 2004..In summary, our data indicate that Gi-coupled receptors can inhibit PLC-epsilon, most likely by suppressing formation of cyclic AMP required for Epac-mediated Rap2B activation...
- The small GTPase R-Ras regulates organization of actin and drives membrane protrusions through the activity of PLCepsilonAude S Ada-Nguema
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Cell Sci 119:1307-19. 2006..Overall, these data suggest that R-Ras signaling regulates the organization of the actin cytoskeleton to sustain membrane protrusion through the activity of PLCepsilon...
- Exclusion of homozygous PLCE1 (NPHS3) mutations in 69 families with idiopathic and hereditary FSGSRasheed Gbadegesin
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 27710, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:281-5. 2009..Mutations in PLCE1/NPHS3 have recently been reported as a cause of nephrotic syndrome characterized by diffuse mesangial sclerosis (..
- Exon capture and large-scale sequencing for disease-cause identification, early dFriedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2010..When identifying by HM recessive PLCE1 mutations as a rare cause of SRNS (~1%), we recapitulated the disease in zebrafish, thereby generating a model for ..
- Friedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2016..More importantly, by discovering mutations in the genes PLCE1 and COQ6, we identified by genetic mapping novel rare single-gene causes of NS that may be amenable to specific ..
- Chung Owyang; Fiscal Year: 2016..acting through the PG pathway, triggers cyclic AMP synthesis in the NG, which in turn, activates a novel Epac-Rap-PLCe pathway to stimulate the calcium-sensitive 2 pore K+ channel TRESK...
- Chung Owyang; Fiscal Year: 2015..further postulate that high glucose triggers cyclic AMP (cAMP) synthesis, which in turn activates a novel Epac-Rap-PLCe pathway to stimulate the calcium-sensitive 2 pore potassium channel TRESK resulting in hyperpolarization and ..
- Alan V Smrcka; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have identified a novel a cAMP-dependent pathway, involving the novel cAMP binding protein, Epac, and PLCe that increases cardiac calcium-induced calcium release (CICR) and ionotropic responses to [unreadable]-adrenergic ..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMANASTACIA BERZAT; Fiscal Year: 2005..One possible mediator of R-Ras function is the novel phospholipase C protein, PLCepsilon (PLCe). R-Ras binds and activates the phospholipase activity of PLCe in vitro...