Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLAGL1
Description: PLAG1 like zinc finger 1
Alias: LOT1, ZAC, ZAC1, zinc finger protein PLAGL1, PLAG-like 1, lost on transformation 1, pleiomorphic adenoma gene-like 1, tumor suppressor ZAC
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of a zinc-finger gene at 6q25: a chromosomal region implicated in development of many solid tumorsA Abdollahi
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Oncogene 14:1973-9. 1997..Hence, we refer to this gene as Lot-1 (Lost on transformation 1, GenBank accession no. U72620)...
- Identification of a gene containing zinc-finger motifs based on lost expression in malignantly transformed rat ovarian surface epithelial cellsA Abdollahi
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 57:2029-34. 1997..Hence, we refer to this gene as Lot1 (lost on transformation 1; GenBank accession no. U72620). The most abundant transcript of the gene is approximately 6 kb...
- Regulation of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest by Zac1, a novel zinc finger protein expressed in the pituitary gland and the brainD Spengler
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Molecular Neurobiology, Munich, Germany
EMBO J 16:2814-25. 1997..cloning of a novel zinc finger protein which regulates apoptosis and cell cycle arrest and was accordingly named Zac1. In vitro Zac1 inhibited proliferation of tumor cells, as evidenced by measuring colony formation, growth rate and ..
- hZAC encodes a zinc finger protein with antiproliferative properties and maps to a chromosomal region frequently lost in cancerA Varrault
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR 9023, 141 rue de la Cardonille, F 34094 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:8835-40. 1998..C., Tagushi, T., Testa, J. R. & Hamilton, T. C. (1997) Cancer Res. 57, 2029-2034] recently isolated ZAC through its loss of expression in a surface epithelial ovary tumor model and accordingly named it Lot for "lost on ..
- Transcriptional activation capacity of the novel PLAG family of zinc finger proteinsK Kas
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Center for Human Genetics, University of Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 273:23026-32. 1998..PLAG1 and the two new PLAG1 family members (PLAGL1 and PLAGL2) constitute a novel subfamily of zinc finger proteins that recognize DNA and/or RNA...
- Enhancement of p53-dependent gene activation by the transcriptional coactivator Zac1S M Huang
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, CA 90089, USA
Oncogene 20:2134-43. 2001A recently discovered potential tumor suppressor protein, Zac1, was previously shown to promote cell cycle arrest and apoptosis, and to act as a positive or negative transcriptional cofactor for nuclear receptors...
- A conserved imprinting control region at the HYMAI/ZAC domain is implicated in transient neonatal diabetes mellitusT Arima
Wellcome CRC Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1QR, UK
Hum Mol Genet 10:1475-83. 2001..exhibit paternal uniparental disomy (UPD) of chromosome 6q24, where at least two imprinted genes, HYMAI and ZAC, have so far been characterized...
- Impaired glucose homeostasis in transgenic mice expressing the human transient neonatal diabetes mellitus locus, TNDMDan Ma
Developmental Genetics Programme, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 114:339-48. 2004..pattern of this imprinted disorder implicates overexpression of one or both genes within the TNDM locus: ZAC, which encodes a proapoptotic zinc finger protein, and HYMAI, which encodes an untranslated mRNA...
- Altered expression and loss of heterozygosity of the LOT1 gene in ovarian cancerDusica Cvetkovic
Ovarian Cancer Program, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:449-55. 2004Previously, we demonstrated that the LOT1 (PLAGL1/ZAC1) gene encodes a zinc-finger transcription factor and has growth suppressive effects in carcinoma cell lines...
- ZAC, LIT1 (KCNQ1OT1) and p57KIP2 (CDKN1C) are in an imprinted gene network that may play a role in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeTakahiro Arima
Department of Reproductive Physiology and Endocrinology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyusyu University 4546, Tsurumihara, Beppu, Oita 874 0838, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 33:2650-60. 2005..Patients with these diseases share many characteristics. Here we show that mouse Zac1 and p57Kip2 have a strikingly similar expression pattern...
- The candidate tumor suppressor gene ZAC is involved in keratinocyte differentiation and its expression is lost in basal cell carcinomasEugenia Basyuk
Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, 141, rue de la Cardonille, F 34094 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Cancer Res 3:483-92. 2005b>ZAC is a zinc finger transcription factor that induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in various cell lines...
- Frequent loss of heterozygosity at 6q in pheochromocytomaSebsebe Lemeta
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki and HUSLAB, Helsinki, Finland
Hum Pathol 37:749-54. 2006..We further focused the search using markers specific for the ZAC1 gene region located at 6q24-25...
- LOT1 (ZAC1/PLAGL1) and its family members: mechanisms and functionsAbbas Abdollahi
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Cell Physiol 210:16-25. 2007Lost-on-transformation 1 (LOT1) (PLAGL1/ZAC1) is a member of the novel subfamily of zinc-finger transcription factors, designated as PLAG family...
- Zac1 regulates an imprinted gene network critically involved in the control of embryonic growthAnnie Varrault
Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, CNRS UMR5203, INSERM U661, Universite Montpellier 1, Universite Montpellier 2, Montpellier, F 34094, France
Dev Cell 11:711-22. 2006..We show that inactivation of the maternally repressed Zac1 transcription factor results in intrauterine growth restriction, altered bone formation, and neonatal lethality...
- Tissue-specific imprinting of the ZAC/PLAGL1 tumour suppressor gene results from variable utilization of monoallelic and biallelic promotersElizabeth M Valleley
Section of Genetics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:972-81. 2007The tumour suppressor gene ZAC/PLAGL1 is widely expressed in many human tissues during fetal development and throughout life...
- Preferential loss of the nonimprinted allele for the ZAC1 tumor suppressor gene in human capillary hemangioblastomaSebsebe Lemeta
Biological Mechanisms and Prevention of Work related Diseases, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:860-7. 2007..We previously identified a minimal deleted area at 6q23-24 in CHB, and the present study focused on the ZAC1 gene (6q24-25). ZAC1 is a maternally imprinted tumor suppressor gene with antiproliferative properties...
- Hypomethylation at multiple maternally methylated imprinted regions including PLAGL1 and GNAS loci in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeJet Bliek
Department of Clinical Genetics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Hum Genet 17:611-9. 2009..Some ICRs, including the PLAGL1 and GNAS/NESPAS ICRs implicated in the aetiology of transient neonatal diabetes and pseudohypoparathyroidism type ..
- Tumor ZAC1 expression is associated with the response to somatostatin analog therapy in patients with acromegalyMarily Theodoropoulou
Department of Endocrinology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, 80804 Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 125:2122-6. 2009..We have found that the tumor suppressor ZAC1 (LOT1/PLAGL1) is essential for the antiproliferative effect of SSA in pituitary tumor cells...
- ZAC1 target genes and pituitary tumorigenesisMarily Theodoropoulou
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Endocrinology, Kraepelinstrasse 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 326:60-5. 2010The zinc-finger protein Zac1 has a role as transcription factor and coregulator and plays an important role in pituitary development, maturation and tumorigenesis. Zac1 target genes control cell proliferation and hormone synthesis...
- Loss of expression of ZAC/PLAGL1 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma is independent of promoter hypermethylationElizabeth M A Valleley
Section of Genetics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:480-6. 2010ZAC/PLAGL1 is a ubiquitously expressed, imprinted tumor suppressor gene located on 6q24, a chromosomal region that is frequently deleted in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)...
- Somatostatin analogs modulate AIP in somatotroph adenomas: the role of the ZAC1 pathwayHarvinder S Chahal
Centre for Endocrinology, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E1411-20. 2012..Somatotroph adenomas harboring aryl hydrocarbon receptor interacting protein (AIP) mutations respond less well to somatostatin analogs, suggesting that the effects of somatostatin analogs may be mediated by AIP...
- The cell cycle control gene ZAC/PLAGL1 is imprinted--a strong candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetesM Kamiya
CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation JST, Genome Exploration Research Group, Genomic Sciences Center GSC, Genome Science Laboratory and Biogenetic Research Center, RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center, Ibaraki, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 9:453-60. 2000..and the identification in this way of ZAC (zinc finger protein which regulates apoptosis and cell cycle arrest)/ PLAGL1 (pleomorphicadenoma of the salivary gland gene like 1) as a strong candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetes ..
- Epigenetics, genomic imprinting and assisted reproductive technologyY Le Bouc
Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, AP HP, 75571 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 71:237-8. 2010..and IGF2 DMRs, KCNQ1OT1 [ICR2], SNRPN [chromosome 15 q11-13], PEG/MEST1 [chromosome 7q31], IGF type2 receptor and ZAC1 [chromosome 6q26 et 6q24 respectively], DLK1/GTL2-IG-DMR [chromosome 14q32] and GNAS locus [chromosome 20q13.3])...
- Zac1 functions through TGFbetaII to negatively regulate cell number in the developing retinaLin Ma
IMCH, HBI, University of Calgary, T2N 4N1, Canada
Neural Dev 2:11. 2007..Here we report a similar role for two tumor suppressor genes, the Zac1 zinc finger transcription factor and that encoding the cytokine TGFbetaII, in the developing retina.
- Promiscuous and specific phospholipid binding by domains in ZAC, a membrane-associated Arabidopsis protein with an ARF GAP zinc finger and a C2 domainR B Jensen
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Plant Mol Biol 44:799-814. 2000..One of these is a 37 kDa protein, designated ZAC, which has a novel domain structure in which the N-terminal ARF GAP domain and a C-terminal C2 domain are separated ..
- Characterization of a novel protective monoclonal antibody that recognizes an epitope common to Vibrio cholerae Ogawa and Inaba serotypesMadushini N Dharmasena
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Microbiology 155:2353-64. 2009..The cDNA-derived amino acid sequence of mAb 72.1 is closely related to the previously characterized mAb ZAC-3, which is thought to recognize an epitope in the lipid A core region of O1 LPS...
- High-throughput analysis of candidate imprinted genes and allele-specific gene expression in the human term placentaCaroline Daelemans
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1 SA, UK
BMC Genet 11:25. 2010..Using two allele-specific high-throughput technologies alongside bioinformatics predictions, normal term human placenta was screened to find new imprinted genes and to ascertain the extent of ASE in this tissue...
- Aberrant DNA methylation of imprinted loci in superovulated oocytesA Sato
St Luke Clinic, Tsumori, Oita, Japan
Hum Reprod 22:26-35. 2007..The most likely candidate for the gametic mark is DNA methylation. However, the timing of DNA methylation acquisition in adult oocytogenesis and the effects of superovulation are unknown...
- Transcriptome analysis identifies pathways associated with enhanced maternal performance in QSi5 micePalaniappan Ramanathan
Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
BMC Genomics 9:197. 2008..The QSi5 inbred strain of mice was selected for high fecundity and low inter-litter interval, and is very successful at weaning large numbers of offspring when compared to other inbred strains...
- Gene expression profile of primary prostate epithelial and stromal cells in response to sulforaphane or iberin exposureKaren F Chambers
Natural Products and Health Programme, Institute of Food Research, Norwich, UK
Prostate 69:1411-21. 2009..While there are many studies regarding the biological activity of SF, mainly undertaken with cancerous cells, there are few studies associated with IB...
- A phylogenetic approach to test for evidence of parental conflict or gene duplications associated with protein-encoding imprinted orthologous genes in placental mammalsMary J O'Connell
Genetics and Biotechnology Lab, Department of Biochemistry and Biosciences Institute, University College Cork UCC, Lee Maltings 2 10, Cork, Ireland
Mamm Genome 21:486-98. 2010..selection for 14 imprinted genes where it is known that the gene is imprinted in a specific lineage, namely for: PLAGL1, IGF2, SLC22A18, OSBPL5, DCN, DLK1, RASGRF1, IGF2R, IMPACT, GRB10, NAPIL4, UBE3A, GATM and GABRG3...
- Detection of differentially expressed genes between Erhualian and Large White placentas on day 75 and 90 of gestationQuan Yong Zhou
Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding, and Reproduction of Ministry of Education and Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, PR China
BMC Genomics 10:337. 2009..Two female placentas from one sow were used to extract RNA and then pooled in equal volumes. Twelve pooled samples were hybridized to the porcine Affymetrix GeneChip...
- An imprinted gene network that controls mammalian somatic growth is down-regulated during postnatal growth deceleration in multiple organsJulian C Lui
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R189-96. 2008..For these genes, Igf2, H19, Plagl1, Mest, Peg3, Dlk1, Gtl2, Grb10, Ndn, Cdkn1c, and SLC38a4, the declines show a temporal pattern similar to the ..
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between ϵ-acetamidocaproic acid (AACA) and cimetidine in indomethacin-induced acute gastric ulcer and control rats: inhibition of active renal secretion of AACA by cimetidineY H Choi
College of Pharmacy, Dongguk University Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Xenobiotica 41:409-15. 2011After both the intravenous and oral administration of zinc acexamate [ZAC; ion-pairing between zinc and ϵ-acetamidocaproic acid (AACA)] and cimetidine together, the areas under the curve (AUCs) of AACA were significantly greater [by 28...
- Zac1 (Lot1), a potential tumor suppressor gene, and the gene for epsilon-sarcoglycan are maternally imprinted genes: identification by a subtractive screen of novel uniparental fibroblast linesG Piras
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:3308-15. 2000..Here we show that the epsilon-sarcoglycan gene (Sgce) and Zac1 (Lot1) are both paternally expressed imprinted genes...
- Imprinted status of pleomorphic adenoma gene-like I and paternal expression gene 10 genes in pigsF W Zhang
Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding, and Reproduction, Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
J Anim Sci 85:886-90. 2007..approach was used to detect the expression patterns of the porcine pleomorphic adenoma gene-like I (PLAGL1) and paternal expression gene 10 (PEG10) genes...
- Retinoic acid receptors are required for skeletal growth, matrix homeostasis and growth plate function in postnatal mouseJulie A Williams
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Dev Biol 328:315-27. 2009..in chondrocytes under retinoid-free culture conditions; production is further boosted by co-repressor Zac1 or pharmacologic agents that enhance RAR repressor function; and RAR/Zac1 function on aggrecan expression may ..
- Molecularly genetic analysis of von Hippel-Lindau associated central nervous system hemangioblastomaJing Zhou
Department of Pathology, Nanjing Jinling Hospital, Clinical School of Medical College of Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Pathol Int 60:452-8. 2010..In addition, expression of the ZAC1 tumor suppressor gene protein was studied using immunohistochemistry staining in CHB tissues with a specific ..
- Heterogeneous and complex rearrangements of chromosome arm 6q in chondromyxoid fibroma: delineation of breakpoints and analysis of candidate target genesSalvatore Romeo
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 177:1365-76. 2010..Two known tumor suppressor genes map to the latter region: PLAGL1 and UTRN. However, neither of these two genes nor BCLAF1 and COL12A1, respectively located in 6q23...
- Isolation of substances with antiproliferative and apoptosis-inducing activities against leukemia cells from the leaves of Zanthoxylum ailanthoides Sieb. & ZuccSu Tze Chou
Department of Food and Nutrition, Providence University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Phytomedicine 18:344-8. 2011..The chloroform-soluble fraction (ZAC) of the crude extract of this plant showed cytotoxic activity against human promyelocytic leukemia (HL-60) and ..
- The tumorigenic diversity of the three PLAG family members is associated with different DNA binding capacitiesKaren Hensen
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Center for Human Genetics, University of Leuven KUL and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Herestraat 49 B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Res 62:1510-7. 2002..of zinc finger proteins comprising the tumor suppressor candidate PLAG-like1 (also called ZAC1 or lost on transformation 1) and PLAGL2...
- Investigation of 90 patients referred for molecular cytogenetic analysis using aCGH uncovers previously unsuspected anomalies of imprintingRebecca L Poole
Division of Human Genetics, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Am J Med Genet A 152:1990-3. 2010..Methylation analysis was performed at 13 imprinted loci [PLAGL1, IGF2R, MEST, GRB10, H19, IGF2 DMR2 (IGF2P0), KCNQ1OT1 (KvDMR), MEG3, SNRPN, PEG3, GNAS (GNAS exon 1a and NESP55) ..
- Haploinsufficiency of the murine polycomb gene Suz12 results in diverse malformations of the brain and neural tubeXavier Miro
Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Gottingen D 37077, Germany
Dis Model Mech 2:412-8. 2009..Here, we show that a pathway that involves Zac1 (also known as Plagl1 or Lot1) and controls neuronal proliferation is altered in mice that are heterozygous for the polycomb gene Suz12, ..
- DNA demethylation reactivates a subset of imprinted genes in uniparental mouse embryonic fibroblastsA El Kharroubi
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Division of Basic Sciences, NCI FCRDC, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8674-80. 2001..of imprinted genes including H19 (H19 fetal liver mRNA), p57(Kip2), Peg3/Pw1 (paternally expressed gene 3), and Zac1 (zinc finger-binding protein regulating apoptosis and cell cycle arrest)...
- Pancreatic islet expression profiling in diabetes-prone C57BLKS/J mice reveals transcriptional differences contributed by DBA loci, including Plagl1 and NntAbraham A Anderson
Department of Computational Biology, Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Pathogenetics 2:1. 2009..Furthermore, DBA2/J (DBA) mice are also susceptible to beta-cell failure and share 25% of their genome with BLKS; thus the DBA genome may contribute to beta-cell dysfunction in BLKS mice...
- The mouse Zac1 locus: basis for imprinting and comparison with human ZACRachel J Smith
Developmental Genetics Programme, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB2 4AT, UK
Gene 292:101-12. 2002..10 in a screen for imprinted genes. The homologous human gene ZAC (also known as LOT1 and PLAGLI) is a candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetes (TNDM), an imprinted disorder associated with ..
- Cyclic AMP-mediated regulation of transcription factor Lot1 expression in cerebellar granule cellsAndrea Contestabile
Department of Human and General Physiology, University of Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:33541-51. 2005b>Lot1, a zinc finger transcription factor acting as a tumor suppressor gene on tumoral cells, is highly expressed during brain development...
- Regulation of cardiomyocyte Glut4 expression by ZAC1Michael P Czubryt
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, St Boniface General Hospital Research Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 2A6, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:16942-50. 2010The transcription factor ZAC1 is expressed in a variety of tissues including the developing heart, but its physiological role is unclear...
- Importin alpha1 is involved in the nuclear localization of Zac1 and the induction of p21WAF1/CIP1 by Zac1Shih Ming Huang
Department of Biochemistry and Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan 114, Republic of China
Biochem J 402:359-66. 2007b>Zac1, a novel seven-zinc-finger transcription factor, preferentially binds GC-rich DNA elements and has intrinsic transactivation activity. To date, the NLS (nuclear localization signal) of Zac1 has not been empirically determined...
- Promoter hypermethylation of CDH1, FHIT, MTAP and PLAGL1 in gastric adenocarcinoma in individuals from Northern BrazilMariana Ferreira Leal
Genetics Division, Department of Morphology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 13:2568-74. 2007To evaluate the methylation status of CDH1, FHIT, MTAP and PLAGL1 promoters and the association of these findings with clinico-pathological characteristics.
- Characterization of the methylation-sensitive promoter of the imprinted ZAC gene supports its role in transient neonatal diabetes mellitusA Varrault
UPR 9023 CNRS Centre CNRS INSERM de Pharmacologie Endocrinologie 141, rue de la Cardonille, 34094 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
J Biol Chem 276:18653-6. 2001b>ZAC is a recently isolated zinc finger protein that induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest...
- A positive feedback mechanism in the transcriptional activation of Apaf-1 by p53 and the coactivator Zac-1Galit Rozenfeld-Granot
Department of Pediatric Hemato Oncology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Oncogene 21:1469-76. 2002..p53 activation of the Apaf-1 luciferase construct can be enhanced by the putative tumor suppressor gene product, Zac-1, a transcription factor that has previously been shown to inhibit cell proliferation...
- Identification of epidermal growth factor-responsive genes in normal rat ovarian surface epithelial cellsAbbas Abdollahi
Ovarian Cancer Program, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:188-97. 2003..of downstream effectors of the EGFR pathway, as exemplified by aberrant expression of p66Shc, c-Jun, c-Myc, c-Fos, Lot1, p21Cip/Waf, and cdc25A...
- Alterations in cell cycle genes in early stage lung adenocarcinoma identified by expression profilingSunil Singhal
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 2:291-8. 2003..e., cdc2, cullin 4A, ZAC, p57, DP-1, GADD45, PISSLRE, cdc20) nor in any other tumors (i.e., cyclin F, cullin 5, p34)...
- Loss of expression of ZAC/LOT1 in squamous cell carcinomas of head and neckSusanne Koy
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Fetscherst 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Head Neck 26:338-44. 2004ZAC/Lot1 is a previously identified candidate tumor suppressor gene. The gene maps to the human chromosome 6q24-q25, a region frequently deleted in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck and other solid tumors.
- Epigenetic silencing of the imprinted gene ZAC by DNA methylation is an early event in the progression of human ovarian cancerTetsuya Kamikihara
Department of Molecular Genetics, Division of Molecular and Cell Therapeutics, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyusyu University, Oita, Japan
Int J Cancer 115:690-700. 2005b>ZAC is a paternally expressed, imprinted gene located on chromosome 6q24, within a region known to harbor a tumor suppressor gene for several types of neoplasia, including human ovarian cancer (HOC)...
- Chemical genomic screening for methylation-silenced genes in gastric cancer cell lines using 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine treatment and oligonucleotide microarraySatoshi Yamashita
Carcinogenesis Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Tsukiji 5 chome, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:64-71. 2006..F2R, FADS1, FSD1, FST, FYN, GPR54, GREM1, IGFBP3, IGFBP7, IRS2, KISS1, MARK1, MLF1, MSX1, MTSS1, NT5E, PAX6, PLAGL1, PLAU, PPIC, RBP4, RORA, SCRN1, TBX3, TFAP2C, TNFSF9, ULBP2, WIF1, ZNF177 and ZNF559) were methylated in at least ..
- PLAG1, the prototype of the PLAG gene family: versatility in tumour development (review)Frederik Van Dyck
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Department of Human Genetics, K U Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Oncol 30:765-74. 2007..e. the PLAGL1 and PLAGL2 gene...
- Robo1 and robo2 control the development of the lateral olfactory tractCoralie Fouquet
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, Paris, 75005 France
J Neurosci 27:3037-45. 2007..Finally, the position of lot1-expressing cells, which have been proposed to be the LOT guidepost cells, appears unaffected in Slit1-/-;Slit2-/- ..
- Clinical characterisation of the multiple maternal hypomethylation syndrome in siblingsSusanne E Boonen
Genetic Counselling Clinic, Kennedy Center, Glostrup, Denmark
Eur J Hum Genet 16:453-61. 2008..DNA, we found a mosaic spectrum of hypomethylation at the following maternally methylated loci in both sibs: ZAC (6q24), KCNQ1OT1 (11p15.5), GRB10 (7p11.2-12), PEG3 (19q13), PEG1/MEST (7q32), and NESPAS (20q13)...
- Modulation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21(WAF1/Cip1) gene by Zac1 through the antagonistic regulators p53 and histone deacetylase 1 in HeLa CellsPei Yao Liu
Department of Biochemistry, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Cancer Res 6:1204-14. 2008b>Zac1 is a novel seven-zinc finger protein which possesses the ability to bind specifically to GC-rich DNA elements...
- Pharmacokinetics and first-pass effects of epsilon-acetamidocaproic acid after administration of zinc acexamate in ratsY H Choi
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Shinlim Dong, Kwanak gu, Seoul, South Korea
Xenobiotica 40:485-98. 20101. Zinc acexamate (ZAC) is ionized to zinc and epsilon-acetamidocaproic acid (AACA)...
- Viral induction of Zac1b through TLR3- and IRF3-dependent pathwaysBarbara Warzée
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, GIGA Research, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Mol Immunol 48:119-27. 2010Zinc finger protein regulator of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest (Zac1) is a transcription factor able to induce apoptosis or cell cycle arrest through independent pathways...
- Zac1, an Sp1-like protein, regulates human p21(WAF1/Cip1) gene expression in HeLa cellsPei Yao Liu
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan, ROC
Exp Cell Res 317:2925-37. 2011b>Zac1 functions as both a transcription factor and a transcriptional cofactor for p53, nuclear receptors (NRs) and NR coactivators. Zac1 might also act as a transcriptional repressor via the recruitment of histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1)...
- Filamin C plays an essential role in the maintenance of the structural integrity of cardiac and skeletal muscles, revealed by the medaka mutant zacroMisato Fujita
Department of Biological Information, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 B 33 Nagatsuta, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Dev Biol 361:79-89. 2012..Here we report a medaka mutant, zacro (zac), that displayed an enlarged heart, caused by rupture of the myocardiac wall, and progressive skeletal muscle ..
- Down-regulation of the transcription factor ZAC1 upon pre- and postconditioning protects against I/R injury in the mouse myocardiumAnne Vincent
Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, F 34000 Montpellier, France
Cardiovasc Res 94:351-8. 2012..Ischaemic preconditioning (PreC) and postconditioning (PostC) reduce infarct size in animal models and human. Zac1 was identified as the only gene related to apoptosis and jointly down-regulated upon PreC and PostC...
- A set of imprinted genes required for normal body growth also promotes growth of rhabdomyosarcoma cellsGeoffrey Rezvani
Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Pediatr Res 71:32-8. 2012..this decline is due, in part, to decline in the expression of growth-promoting imprinted genes including Mest, Plagl1, Peg3, Dlk1, and Igf2...
- Depression in pregnancy, infant birth weight and DNA methylation of imprint regulatory elementsYing Liu
School of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Epigenetics 7:735-46. 2012..methylated regions (DMRs) regulating imprinted genes IGF2/H19, DLK1/MEG3, MEST, PEG3, PEG10/SGCE, NNAT and PLAGL1. Multiple regression models were used to examine the relationship between depressed mood, birth weight and DMR ..
- Gene network analyses of first service conception in Brangus heifers: use of genome and trait associations, hypothalamic-transcriptome information, and transcription factorsM R S Fortes
School of Veterinary Science, The University of Queensland, Gatton Campus, QLD 4343, Australia
J Anim Sci 90:2894-906. 2012..There were 5 transcription factors with 21 or more connections: ZMAT3, STAT6, RFX4, PLAGL1, and NR6A1 for FSC. The SNP that identified these genes were intragenic and were on chromosomes 1, 5, 9, and 11...
- Mid-gestational gene expression profile in placenta and link to pregnancy complicationsLiis Uusküla
Human Molecular Genetics Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
PLoS ONE 7:e49248. 2012..05) mid-gestational peak of placental gene expression for BMP5, CCNG2, CDH11, FST, GATM, GPR183, ITGBL1, PLAGL1, SLC16A10 and STC1, followed by sharp decrease in mRNA levels at term (t-test, FDR P<0.05)...
- The influence of etiological factors in the occurence of diastema medianaBiljana Kapusevska
Faculty of Dentistry, St Panteleimon P H O Dental Clinical Centre, Department of Prosthodontics, Ss Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, R Macedonia
Pril (Makedon Akad Nauk Umet Odd Med Nauki) 35:169-77. 2014..or "lucky teeth" and is encountered even among world famous figures including Brigitte Bardot, Eliah Wood, Madonna, Zac Efron, Amy Winehouse and Elton John...
- Gene co-expression network analysis provides novel insights into myostatin regulation at three different mouse developmental timepointsXuerong Yang
Animal Nutrition Institute, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, Sichuan, China Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0117607. 2015..transcription factor binding sites in differentially expressed genes included SMAD3, SP1, ZFP187, and PLAGL1. The use of regulatory (RIF) and phenotypic (PIF) impact factor and differential hubbing co-expression analyses ..
- Germline and somatic imprinting in the nonhuman primate highlights species differences in oocyte methylationClara Y Cheong
Growth, Development and Metabolism Program, Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences, Agency for Science, Technology and Research A STAR, Singapore 117609
Genome Res 25:611-23. 2015..For example, like mouse and unlike human, macaque IGF2R is consistently imprinted, and the PLAGL1, INPP5F transcript variant 2, and PEG3 imprinting control regions are not methylated in the macaque germline but ..
- Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome prenatal diagnosis by methylation analysis in chorionic villiLeda Paganini
a Division of Pathology Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Department of Pathophysiology and Transplantation Università degli Studi di Milano Milano, Italy
Epigenetics 10:643-9. 2015..methylated regions (DMRs) at several imprinted loci (ICR1, ICR2, H19, PWS/AS-ICR, GNASXL, GNAS1A, ZAC/PLAGL1, and MEST) and at non-imprinted MGMT and RASSF1A promoters...
- Interplay between polymer chain conformation and nanoparticle assembly in model industrial silica/rubber nanocompositesAdrien Bouty
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin, CEA Saclay, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France and Manufacture Française des Pneumatiques MICHELIN, Site de Ladoux, 23 Place des Carmes Déchaux, F 63 040 Clermont Ferrand, Cedex 9, France
Faraday Discuss 186:325-43. 2016..We associated specific chain (d) labeling, and the so-called zero average contrast (ZAC) method, with SANS, in situ SANS and SAXS/TEM experiments to extract the polymer chain scattering signal at rest ..
- Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis of transient neonatal diabetes type 1 patients with mutations in ZFP57Mads Bak
Wilhelm Johannsen Center for Functional Genome Research, Institute of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200, Copenhagen N, Denmark
BMC Med Genet 17:29. 2016..Transient neonatal diabetes mellitus 1 is caused by overexpression of the maternally imprinted genes PLAGL1 and HYMAI on chromosome 6q24...
- A monoclonal antibody that targets the conserved core/lipid A region of lipopolysaccharide affects motility and reduces intestinal colonization of both classical and El Tor Vibrio cholerae biotypesKara J Levinson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12208, United States Department of Biomedical Sciences, University at Albany, Albany, NY 12208, United States
Vaccine 34:5833-5836. 2016..Here we report that ZAC-3, a monoclonal antibody against the core/lipid A region of V. cholerae LPS is a potent inhibitor of V...
- Gonadotropin-induced gene regulation in human granulosa cells obtained from IVF patients: modulation of genes coding for growth factors and their receptors and genes involved in cancer and other diseasesE Rimon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Int J Oncol 24:1325-38. 2004..Gene transcripts for oncogenes and tumor markers such as pleiomorphic adenoma gene-like 1 (Plagl1) tumor antigen (L6) and claudin 3 were markedly elevated following LH and FSH stimulation...
- Molecular analyses of the candidate tumor suppressor gene, PLAGL1, in benign and malignant salivary gland tumorsFredrik Enlund
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Oral Sci 112:545-7. 2004..Here we have examined the possible involvement of the candidate tumor suppressor gene, PLAGL1, in these deletions and translocations...
- Genomic imprinting is variably lost during reprogramming of mouse iPS cellsSachiko Takikawa
Black Family Stem Cell Institute, Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Stem Cell Res 11:861-73. 2013..Intriguingly, one to several paternal chromosomes appeared to have acquired de novo methylation at the Snrpn and Zac1 imprinted regions in a high percentage of iPS clones...
- DNA methylation differences at growth related genes correlate with birth weight: a molecular signature linked to developmental origins of adult disease?Nahid Turan
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
BMC Med Genomics 5:10. 2012..Numerous studies have been published in which candidate genes (IGF1, IGF2, IGF2R, IGF binding proteins, PHLDA2 and PLAGL1) have been associated with birth weight, but these studies are difficult to reproduce in man and large cohort ..
- Analysis of active chromatin modifications in early mammalian embryos reveals uncoupling of H2A.Z acetylation and H3K36 trimethylation from embryonic genome activationAna Boskovic
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM U964, Strasbourg, France
Epigenetics 7:747-57. 2012..b>Zac in transcriptional activation. Interestingly, however, H2A...
- Canine cutaneous peripheral nerve sheath tumours versus fibrosarcomas can be differentiated by neuroectodermal marker genes in their transcriptomeR Klopfleisch
Institute of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Straße 15, Berlin, Germany
J Comp Pathol 148:197-205. 2013..Conversely, eight genes associated with carcinogenesis had higher expression in fibrosarcomas: FHL2, PLAGL1, FNBP1L, BAG2, HK1, CSK and Cox5A...
- Overexpression of ZAC impairs glucose-stimulated insulin translation and secretion in clonal pancreatic beta-cellsXiaoyu Du
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, McGill University Health Center Research Institute Children s Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 28:645-53. 2012b>ZAC (Zinc finger protein that regulates apoptosis and cell-cycle arrest) is a candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetes mellitus (TNDM)...
- Genome patterns of selection and introgression of haplotypes in natural populations of the house mouse (Mus musculus)Fabian Staubach
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology, Plon, Germany
PLoS Genet 8:e1002891. 2012..Genes in the regions include well-studied imprinted loci (e.g. Plagl1/Zac1), homologues of human genes involved in adaptations (e.g. alpha-amylase genes) or in genetic diseases (e.g...
- Expression of KCNQ1OT1, CDKN1C, H19, and PLAGL1 and the methylation patterns at the KvDMR1 and H19/IGF2 imprinting control regions is conserved between human and bovineKatherine Marie Robbins
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
J Biomed Sci 19:95. 2012..This work is intended to be the first step in a series of experiments aimed at determining if LOS will serve as an appropriate animal model to study BWS...
- Novel pathway for somatostatin analogs in patients with acromegalyMonica R Gadelha
Division of Endocrinology, Clementino Fraga Filho University Hospital, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Professor Rodolpho Paulo Rocco street 255, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Trends Endocrinol Metab 24:238-46. 2013..Previous data have suggested the involvement of the tumor-suppressor gene ZAC1 in the mechanism of action of SSAs, and more recent findings suggested that SSAs could regulate AIP, which in turn ..
- Delayed up-regulation of Zac1 and PACAP type I receptor after transient focal cerebral ischemia in miceF Gillardon
Max Planck Institut für neurologische Forschung, Gleueler Str 50, 50931, Koln, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 61:207-10. 1998The Zac1 gene encodes a zinc finger protein that regulates both apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in vitro...
- Inhibition of Zac1, a new gene differentially expressed in the anterior pituitary, increases cell proliferationU Pagotto
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Endocrinology 140:987-96. 1999b>Zac1 is a new zinc finger protein that concomitantly controls apoptosis and cell cycle arrest through separate pathways. The mouse Zac1 gene is mainly expressed in the pituitary gland and in different brain areas...
- LOT1 is a growth suppressor gene down-regulated by the epidermal growth factor receptor ligands and encodes a nuclear zinc-finger proteinA Abdollahi
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvannia, PA 19111, USA
Oncogene 18:6477-87. 1999..Interestingly, the LOT1 gene localized at band q25 of human chromosome 6 which is a frequent site for LOH in many solid tumors including ..
- Mouse Zac1, a transcriptional coactivator and repressor for nuclear receptorsS M Huang
Departments of Pathology and of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:1855-67. 2000..the C-terminal activation domain of the nuclear receptor coactivator GRIP1, we identified a new variant of mouse Zac1 which we call mZac1b...
- A novel imprinted gene, HYMAI, is located within an imprinted domain on human chromosome 6 containing ZACT Arima
Wellcome CRC Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology and Physiological Laboratory, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Genomics 67:248-55. 2000..A previously characterized imprinted gene, ZAC/LOT1, is located 70 kb downstream of HYMAI and is also expressed only from the paternal allele...
- Involvement of PLAGL2 in activation of iron deficient- and hypoxia-induced gene expression in mouse cell linesT Furukawa
Department of Hygiene, Kansai Medical University, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Oncogene 20:4718-27. 2001..Transient co-transfection of PLAGL2 or ZAC1 cDNA and a reporter containing a lactate dehydrogenase A (LDHA) promoter carrying the hypoxia inducible factor-1 ..
- Relaxation of imprinted expression of ZAC and HYMAI in a patient with transient neonatal diabetes mellitusD J G Mackay
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury District Hospital, Wiltshire, UK
Hum Genet 110:139-44. 2002..Two genes partially overlap the island: the cell-cycle-control gene ZAC and the untranslated gene HYMAI, the function of which is currently unknown...
- LOT1 (PLAGL1/ZAC1), the candidate tumor suppressor gene at chromosome 6q24-25, is epigenetically regulated in cancerAbbas Abdollahi
Ovarian Cancer Program, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 278:6041-9. 2003..Genome mapping of LOT1 in comparison with the other splice variants, namely ZAC1 and PLAGL1, revealed that its mRNA ( approximately 4...
- Transcriptional activities of the zinc finger protein Zac are differentially controlled by DNA bindingAnke Hoffmann
Molecular Neuroendocrinology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 23:988-1003. 2003b>Zac encodes a zinc finger protein that promotes apoptosis and cell cycle arrest and is maternally imprinted...
- Downregulation of Cap43 gene by von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein in human renal cancer cellsKatsuaki Masuda
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Cancer 105:803-10. 2003..beta4, secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine, Cap43, ceruloplasmin, serum amyloid A, heat shock protein 90, LOT1, osteopontin and casein kinase Igamma) that are more highly expressed in cancerous regions than in noncancerous ..
- Zinc finger protein Zac1 is expressed in chondrogenic sites of the mouseTakeshi Tsuda
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 229:340-8. 2004b>Zac1 is a zinc finger transcription factor that elicits antiproliferative activity and is a potential tumor suppressor gene...
- Repression of the Transactivating Capacity of the Oncoprotein PLAG1 by SUMOylationFrederik Van Dyck
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Department for Human Genetics, University of Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 279:36121-31. 2004..Together with PLAGL1 and PLAGL2, PLAG1 belongs to a subfamily of C(2)H(2) zinc finger transcription factors that activate transcription ..
- Zac1 is up-regulated in neural cells of the limbic system of mouse brain following seizures that provoke strong cell activationT Valente
Departament de Biologia Cellular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Av Diagonal 645, 1a planta, E 08028, Spain
Neuroscience 128:323-36. 2004b>Zac1, a new zinc-finger protein that regulates both apoptosis and cell cycle arrest, is abundantly expressed in many proliferative/differentiation areas during brain development...
- Lsh controls silencing of the imprinted Cdkn1c geneTao Fan
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Development 132:635-44. 2005..Cdkn1c gene (also known as p57(Kip2)) but does not interfere with maintenance of imprints at the H19, Igf2, Igf2r, Zac1 and Meg9 genes...
- Masahiro Iwamoto; Fiscal Year: 2016..aggrecan expression;(b) RAR[unreadable] exerts its function in cooperation with transcriptional co-repressor Zac1;and (c) RAR action on aggrecan expression is indirect and involves Sox proteins...
- Ethanol Modulation of Zinc-Activated ChannelsPAUL ANDREW DAVIES; Fiscal Year: 2010..The zinc activated channel (ZAC) is a novel member of the alcohol sensitive Cys-loop ligand-gated cation channel superfamily and is gated by the ..
- Hyperphosphorylated tau as drug targetMin Hao Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this grant, we will use a novel ZAC technique to produce hyperphosphorylated tau protein that is intimately linked to the progression of Alzheimer'..
- Ca Handling & Arrhythmias Associated with LQT SyndromeKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2005..e. lot1, lqt2, lqt3)...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF OVARIAN SURFACE NEOPLASIAThomas Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2003..of heterozygosity (LOH) (chromosome 6q25) for many solid tumors including ovarian cancer; (iii) Determining that LOT1 is a nuclear transcription factor regulated by epidermal growth factor and that constitutive over-expression is a ..
- Zinc Finger Protein Zac1 and ChondrogenesisMon Li Chu; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide a better understanding of regulatory factors important for cartilage formation and repair. ..
- T cell activating genePatent Number: WO2004058805-A2; Date:2004-07-15