Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLA2G5
Description: phospholipase A2 group V
Alias: FRFB, GV-PLA2, PLA2-10, hVPLA(2), calcium-dependent phospholipase A2, Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2, phosphatidylcholine 2-acylhydrolase 5
- Tagging SNP haplotype analysis of the secretory PLA2-V gene, PLA2G5, shows strong association with LDL and oxLDL levels, suggesting functional distinction from sPLA2-IIA: results from the UDACS studyPeter T E Wootton
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:1437-44. 2007..human studies suggest that both secretory PLA2 (sPLA2)-V and sPLA2-IIA (encoded, respectively, by the neighbouring PLA2G5 and PLA2G2A genes) contribute to atherogenesis...
- Transcellular secretion of group V phospholipase A2 from epithelium induces beta 2-integrin-mediated adhesion and synthesis of leukotriene C4 in eosinophilsNilda M Munoz
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Immunol 177:574-82. 2006..We also demonstrate that gVPLA(2), endogenously secreted from activated epithelial cells, promotes secretion of LTC(4) in cocultured eosinophils...
- Systematic evaluation of transcellular activities of secretory phospholipases A2. High activity of group V phospholipases A2 to induce eicosanoid biosynthesis in neighboring inflammatory cellsGihani T Wijewickrama
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 281:10935-44. 2006....
- Group V secretory phospholipase A2-modified low density lipoprotein promotes foam cell formation by a SR-A- and CD36-independent process that involves cellular proteoglycansBoris B Boyanovsky
Department of Internal Medicine and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0200, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32746-52. 2005..Our data point to a physiological modification of LDL that has the potential to promote macrophage foam cell formation independent of scavenger receptors...
- Low-molecular-weight, calcium-dependent phospholipase A2 genes are linked and map to homologous chromosome regions in mouse and humanJ A Tischfield
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5251, USA
Genomics 32:328-33. 1996..Unlike its rodent counterpart, human PLA2G2C appears to be a nonfunctional pseudogene...
- Group V phospholipase A2 mediates barrier disruption of human pulmonary endothelial cells caused by LPS in vitroSteven M Dudek
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:361-8. 2011....
- Human group V phospholipase A2 induces group IVA phospholipase A2-independent cysteinyl leukotriene synthesis in human eosinophilsNilda M Munoz
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 278:38813-20. 2003..As such, this study represents a unique example in which a secretory phospholipase induces the eicosanoid formation in inflammatory cells, completely independent of cPLA2 activation...
- Group V phospholipase A2 induces leukotriene biosynthesis in human neutrophils through the activation of group IVA phospholipase A2Young Jun Kim
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36479-88. 2002....
- Group V secretory phospholipase A2 is involved in macrophage activation and is sufficient for macrophage effector functions in allergic pulmonary inflammationShin Ohta
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 190:5927-38. 2013We reported that Pla2g5-null mice lacking group V secretory phospholipase A2 (gV-sPLA2) showed reduced eosinophilic pulmonary inflammation and Th2 cytokine generation when challenged with an extract from house dust mite Dermatophagoides ..
- Cell-specific expression of group X and group V secretory phospholipases A(2) in human lung airway epithelial cellsM C Seeds
Departments of Internal Medicine Section on Pulmonary and Critical Care, Pathology, and Anesthesiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 23:37-44. 2000....
- PLA2G5 regulates transglutaminase activity of human IL-4-activated M2 macrophages through PGE2 generationMunehiro Yamaguchi
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston Massachusetts, USA and the Jeff and Penny Vinik Center for Allergic Disease Research, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Leukoc Biol 100:131-41. 2016....
- Human group V secretory phospholipase A2 is associated with lipid rafts and internalized in a flotillin‑dependent pathwayHae Jin Rhee
Institute of Natural Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, Kangwon Do 200 702, Republic of Korea
Int J Mol Med 32:1126-36. 2013....
- Endothelial protein C receptor-associated invasiveness of rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts is likely driven by group V secretory phospholipase A2Meilang Xue
Arthritis Res Ther 16:R44. 2014..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression and function of EPCR on RASFs...
- The adipocyte-inducible secreted phospholipases PLA2G5 and PLA2G2E play distinct roles in obesityHiroyasu Sato
Lipid Metabolism Project, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 2 1 6 Kamikitazawa, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8506, Japan Department of Health Chemistry, Showa University, School of Pharmacy, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Cell Metab 20:119-32. 2014..genes whose expressions are associated with obesity, we found that two secreted phospholipase A2s (sPLA2s), PLA2G5 and PLA2G2E, were robustly induced in adipocytes of obese mice...
- The expression of groups IIE and V phospholipase A2 is associated with an increased expression of osteogenic molecules in human calcified aortic valvesKoji Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Yamanashi, Faculty of Medicine
J Atheroscler Thromb 21:1308-25. 2014..We therefore sought to determine whether PLA2s are expressed in human aortic valves and, if so, whether the expression of PLA2s is related to the expression of osteogenic molecules in these tissues...
- Compound 48/80 is a potent inhibitor of phospholipase C and a dual modulator of phospholipase A2 from human plateletC Bronner
Biochim Biophys Acta 920:301-5. 1987....
- Group V Secretory Phospholipase A2 Is Involved in Tubular Integrity and Sodium Handling in the KidneyJoão Luiz Silva-Filho
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
PLoS ONE 11:e0147785. 2016..We used mice lacking the gene encoding GV sPLA2 (Pla2g5-/-) and wild-type breeding pairs in the experiments...
- Epigenetic control of group V phospholipase A2 expression in human malignant cellsMario Menschikowski
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, D 01307, Dresden, Germany
Tumour Biol 37:8097-105. 2016..In conclusion, our results suggest that epigenetic mechanisms such as DNA methylation and histone modification play an important role in downregulation of GV-PLA2 expression in cancer cells. ..
- Edema-inducing activity of phospholipase A2 purified from human synovial fluid and inhibition by aristolochic acidB S Vishwanath
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0614
Inflammation 12:549-61. 1988..These results clearly demonstrate that the neutral-active, Ca2+-dependent PLA2 isolated from human synovial fluid is proinflammatory and that catalytic activity is positively correlated with in vivo proinflammatory effects...
- Group V secretory phospholipase A2 impairs endothelial protein C receptor-dependent protein C activation and accelerates thrombosis in vivoI Tamayo
Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Laboratory of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Thromb Haemost 12:1921-7. 2014..Studies in purified systems have demonstrated that the substitution of PC notably impairs EPCR function in a process called EPCR encryption...
- Hydrolysis of lipoproteins by sPLA2's enhances mitogenesis and eicosanoid release from vascular smooth muscle cells: Diverse activity of sPLA2's IIA, V and XWaldemar Pruzanski
St Michael s Hopital, Toronto, Canada University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada Electronic address
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 122:64-8. 2016..Our study demonstrates a diverse interaction of pro-inflammatory sPLA2's with HDL and LDL affecting both mitogenesis and eicosanoid release from VSMC, therefore potentially enhancing their pro-atherogenic activity. ..
- Phospholipase A2 group v in benign familial fleck retina in a set of tripletsNg Jun Bin
Department of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Department of Ophthalmology, University Malaya Medical Center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Retina 35:1266-72. 2015To evaluate the association of phospholipase A2, Group V (PLA2G5), with benign familial fleck retina in a consanguineous family with triplets.
- Phylogenetic and structural analysis of the phospholipase A2 gene family in vertebratesQi Huang
Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi, P R China
Int J Mol Med 35:587-96. 2015..were observed between PLA2G16 and PLA2G6, PLA2G7 and PLA2G4, PLA2G3 and PLA2G12, as well as among PLA2G10, PLA2G5 and PLA2G15; ii) PLA2G5 appeared to be the origin of the PLA2 family, and PLA2G7 was one of the most ..
- Effects of human Parvovirus B19 and Bocavirus VP1 unique region on tight junction of human airway epithelial A549 cellsChun Ching Chiu
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan Department of Neurology and Department of Medical Intensive Care Unit, Chunghua Christian Hospital, Chunghua, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 9:e107970. 2014..Meanwhile, this discrepancy appears not to be associated with the secreted phospholipase A2 (sPLA2)-like enzymatic activity. ..
- The step further to understand the role of cytosolic phospholipase A2 alpha and group X secretory phospholipase A2 in allergic inflammation: pilot studyEwa Pniewska
Department of Immunopathology, Faculty of Biomedical Sciences and Postgraduate Training, Medical University of Lodz, 7 9, Zeligowskiego Street, 90 752 Lodz, Poland
Biomed Res Int 2014:670814. 2014..Summarizing, Der p1 and Fel d1 involve phospholipase A2 enzymes in their action. sPLA2X seems to be one of important PLA2 isoform in allergic inflammation, especially caused by house dust mite allergens. ..
- Competitive inhibition of cytosolic Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2 by acteoside in RBL-2H3 cellsHo Sun Song
College of Pharmacy, Chung Ang University, Seoul, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 35:905-10. 2012..9 μM and the inhibitory pattern appeared to be a competitive inhibitor. The above data, suggests that acteoside acts as a competitive inhibitor of cPLA(2) in RBL-2H3 cells...
- Mapping genetic determinants of coronary microvascular remodeling in the spontaneously hypertensive ratMassimiliano Mancini
Department of Radiology, Oncology and Pathology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Basic Res Cardiol 108:316. 2013..lt;5%), but not with blood pressure indices, were prioritized and four candidate genes were identified (Rtel1, Pla2g5, Dnaja4 and Rcn2) according to their expression levels and biological functions...
- Isoforms of secretory group two phospholipase A (sPLA2) in mouse ocular surface epithelia and lacrimal glandsYi Wei
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:2845-55. 2012..To compare and contrast the distribution patterns of select secretory group two phospholipase A (sPLA2) isoforms in corneal epithelia (CN), conjunctival epithelia (CNJ), and lacrimal glands (LG) of BALB/c and C57BL/6 mice...
- Acidity and lipolysis by group V secreted phospholipase A(2) strongly increase the binding of apoB-100-containing lipoproteins to human aortic proteoglycansKatariina Lähdesmäki
Wihuri Research Institute, Kalliolinnantie 4, FIN 00140 Helsinki, Finland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1821:257-67. 2012..This is likely to provoke extracellular accumulation of lipids derived from these atherogenic lipoprotein particles and to increase the progression of the atherosclerotic lesions...
- Distinct expression pattern of the full set of secreted phospholipases A2 in human colorectal adenocarcinomas: sPLA2-III as a biomarker candidateC M Mounier
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UNSA UMR6097, Sophia Antipolis, Valbonne, France
Br J Cancer 98:587-95. 2008..In normal colon, PLA2G2A and PLA2G12A were expressed at high levels, PLA2G2D, PLA2G5, PLA2G10 and PLA2G12B at moderate levels, and PLA2G1B, PLA2G2F and PLA2G3 at low levels...
- Analyses of group III secreted phospholipase A2 transgenic mice reveal potential participation of this enzyme in plasma lipoprotein modification, macrophage foam cell formation, and atherosclerosisHiroyasu Sato
Biomembrane Signaling Project, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:33483-97. 2008..showed that phosphatidylcholine was efficiently converted to lysophosphatidylcholine by PLA2G3 as well as by PLA2G5 and PLA2G10, to a lesser extent by PLA2G2F, and only minimally by PLA2G2A and PLA2G2E...
- Altered eicosanoid metabolism in the cystic fibrosis mouse small intestineRobert C De Lisle
Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 47:406-16. 2008..Imbalances in essential fatty acid levels have been reported in cystic fibrosis (CF), which may relate to elevated proinflammatory eicosanoid generation. The aim of this work was to better define eicosanoid metabolism in the CF intestine...
- Secretory phospholipase A2 group V: lesion distribution, activation by arterial proteoglycans, and induction in aorta by a Western dietBirgitta Rosengren
AstraZeneca, R and D, Molecular Pharmacology, Mölndal S 431 83, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1579-85. 2006..In addition, we also investigated the effect of a Western diet and lipopolysaccharide challenge on the aortic expression of these enzymes in mouse models...
- Secretory group V phospholipase A2 regulates acute lung injury and neutrophilic inflammation caused by LPS in miceNilda M Munoz
Dept of Medicine, M6076, Univ of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296:L879-87. 2009..Experiments were conducted in gVPLA(2) knockout (pla2g5(-/-)) mice, which lack the gene, and gVPLA(2) wild-type littermate control (pla2g5(+/+)) mice...
- Cerebrospinal fluid secretory Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2 activity is increased in Alzheimer diseaseSonia Chalbot
New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, New York 10314 6399, USA
Clin Chem 55:2171-9. 2009....
- Genome-wide analysis of chromosomal alterations in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma exposed to tobacco and betel quid from high-risk area in IndiaIndranil Chattopadhyay
Institute of Pathology, New Delhi 110029, India
Mutat Res 696:130-8. 2010..The candidate genes located at amplified regions of chromosomes or low-level gain regions such as PLA2G5 (1p36-p34), COL11A1 (1p21), KCNK2 (1q41), S100A3 (1q21), ENAH (1q42...
- High-resolution transcriptional profiling of chemical-stimulated dendritic cells identifies immunogenic contact allergens, but not prohaptensH Ott
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany hagen ott post rwth aachen de
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 23:213-24. 2010..revealed coregulation of 11 marker genes which were related to immunological reactions (IL-8, CD1e, CD200R1, PLA2G5, TNFRSF11A), oxidative or metabolic stress responses (AKR1C3, SLC7A11, GCLM) or other processes (DPYLS3, TFPI, ..
- Cerebrospinal fluid secretory Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2 activity: a biomarker of blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier permeabilitySonia Chalbot
New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, New York 10314 6399, USA
Neurosci Lett 478:179-83. 2010..Though the CSF sPLA2 activity and Q(Alb) had over 95% agreement, the former was found to be more sensitive than the latter in measuring low levels of BCB impairment...
- Group V secretory phospholipase A2 reveals its role in house dust mite-induced allergic pulmonary inflammation by regulation of dendritic cell functionGiorgio Giannattasio
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 185:4430-8. 2010..In this study, we report that group V sPLA(2) (Pla2g5)-null mice exposed to an extract of house dust mite Dermatophagoides farinae had markedly reduced pulmonary ..
- Blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier permeability in Alzheimer's diseaseSonia Chalbot
New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, New York, NY 10314 6399, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 25:505-15. 2011..These results suggest that the BCB damage occurs independent of and probably precedes both Aβ and tau pathologies in a restricted subgroup of AD patients...
- Biallelic mutations in PLA2G5, encoding group V phospholipase A2, cause benign fleck retinaPanagiotis I Sergouniotis
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, UK
Am J Hum Genet 89:782-91. 2011..133G>T (p.Gly45Cys), in PLA2G5, a gene encoding a secreted phospholipase (group V phospholipase A(2))...
- Essential role of Ca2+ -dependent phospholipase A2 in estradiol-induced lysosome activationBruno Burlando
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Avanzate, Universita del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro, 15100 Alessandria, Biologia e Genetica, Universita di Genova, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C1461-8. 2002..This mechanism promotes lysosome fusion and catabolic activities and may mediate short-term estradiol effects...
- Oligomers of prostaglandin B1 inhibit in vitro phospholipase A2 activityR C Franson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298
Biochim Biophys Acta 1006:272-7. 1989....
- Cloning and recombinant expression of a novel human low molecular weight Ca(2+)-dependent phospholipase A2J Chen
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202
J Biol Chem 269:2365-8. 1994....
- HIV and SIV envelope glycoproteins induce phospholipase A2 activation in human and macaque lymphocytesE Mavoungou
Department of Immunology and Immunogenetics, International Center for Medical Research, Franceville, Gabon
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 16:1-9. 1997..However, this effect is not sufficient to accomplish fusion. These data indicate that the specific step of fusion may be downstream from PLA2 activation...
- Cloning and expression of a group IV cytosolic Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2 from rat pancreatic islets. Comparison of the expressed activity with that of an islet group VI cytosolic Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2Z Ma
Mass Spectrometry Resource, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1391:384-400. 1998..The cPLA2 is thus one of at least three classes of PLA2 enzymes with distinct properties expressed in beta-cells...
- Expression and characterization of human group V phospholipase A2Y Chen
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, School of Medicine and Revelle College, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0601, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1394:57-64. 1998....
- Large-scale sequencing of the rabbit corneal endothelial cDNA libraryT Fujimaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Cornea 18:109-14. 1999..This study sought to identify novel or active genes in corneal endothelial cells with description of the gene-expression profile...
- Characterization of Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2 activity during zebrafish embryogenesisS A Farber
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Baltimore, Maryland 21210, USA
J Biol Chem 274:19338-46. 1999..Biol. Chem. 269, 18239-18249). By using a quenched BODIPY-labeled phosphatidylcholine that fluoresces only upon cleavage by PLA2, lipase activity was visualized in the cells of living embryos where it localized to perinuclear membranes...
- Low molecular weight group IIA and group V phospholipase A(2) enzymes have different intracellular locations in mouse bone marrow-derived mast cellsC O Bingham
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:31476-84. 1999..The spatial segregation of group IIA PLA(2) and group V PLA(2) implies that these enzymes are not functionally redundant...
- Expression of cytosolic and secreted forms of phospholipase A(2) and cyclooxygenases in human placenta, fetal membranes, and chorionic cell linesB Johansen
UNIGEN Center for Molecular Biology, Department of Botany, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7489, Trondheim, Norway
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 60:119-25. 2000..These results suggest that both cytosolic and distinct secreted forms of PLA(2) could be involved in arachidonic acid (AA) release preceding prostaglandin production at the fetal/maternal interface...
- The molecular basis of phosphatidylcholine preference of human group-V phospholipase A2K P Kim
Department of Chemistry M C 111, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7061, USA
Biochem J 348:643-7. 2000....
- Structure, function, and regulation of group V phospholipase A(2)W Cho
Department of Chemistry M C 111, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607 7061, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1488:48-58. 2000..Finally, heparan sulfate proteoglycans in neutrophils appear to play a role of internalizing and degrading the cell surface-bound gVPLA(2) to protect the cells from extensive lipolytic damage...
- VEGF stimulation of endothelial cell PAF synthesis is mediated by group V 14 kDa secretory phospholipase A2P N Bernatchez
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal QC, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 134:197-205. 2001..7. These results provide evidence that with VEGF activation of EC cells, the group V sPLA2 provides substrate for EC PAF formation...
- Groups IV, V, and X phospholipases A2s in human neutrophils: role in eicosanoid production and gram-negative bacterial phospholipid hydrolysisNorbert Degousee
Division of Vascular Surgery, Max Bell Research Center, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto M5G 2C4, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:5061-73. 2002....
- Human neutrophil migration in vitro induced by secretory phospholipases A2: a role for cell surface glycosaminoglycansAlessandra Gambero
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNICAMP, PO Box 6111, 13081 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochem Pharmacol 63:65-72. 2002..Our results suggest that neutrophil migration in response to sPLA2s is independent of PLA activity, and involves an interaction of sPLA2s with cell surface heparin/heparan binding sites triggering the release of LTB4 and PAF...
- Purification and characterization of a cytosolic, 42-kDa and Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2 from bovine red blood cells: its involvement in Ca2+-dependent release of arachidonic acid from mammalian red blood cellsHae Sook Shin
Department of Environmental and Health Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, Chung Ang University, Dongjak Ku, Seoul 156 756, South Korea
J Biol Chem 277:21086-94. 2002..Together, our results suggest that the 42-kDa rPLA(2) identified as a novel form of Ca(2+)-dependent PLA(2) may play an important role in hemostasis, thrombosis, and/or erythropoiesis through the Ca(2+)-dependent release of AA...
- Deletion of secretory group V phospholipase A2 attenuates cell migration and airway hyperresponsiveness in immunosensitized miceNilda M Munoz
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Immunol 179:4800-7. 2007..Blockade of bronchoconstriction by MCL-3G1 was replicated in allergic pla2g5-/- mice, which lack the gene encoding gVPLA2...
- Role of three isoforms of phospholipase A2 in capacitative calcium influx in human T-cellsAziz Hichami
UPRES Lipides and Nutrition, Université de Bourgogne 21000 Dijon, France Central Jalma Research Institute for Leprosy, Agra, UP, India
Eur J Biochem 269:5557-63. 2002..These results suggest that stimulation of three isoforms of PLA2 by thapsigargin liberates free AA that, in turn, induces capacitative calcium influx in human T-cells...
- Localization of group V phospholipase A2 in caveolin-enriched granules in activated P388D1 macrophage-like cellsMaría A Balboa
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0601, USA
J Biol Chem 278:48059-65. 2003....
- Presence of secretory group IIa and V phospholipase A2 and cytosolic group IValpha phospholipase A2 in chondrocytes from patients with rheumatoid arthritisLilian Leistad
Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:602-10. 2004..These results suggest that each phospholipase A2 enzyme has distinct roles in both healthy and diseased joint tissue, and that the diversity and amount of enzyme correlate with the grade of inflammation and disease severity...
- Distribution of type V secretory phospholipase A2 expression in human hepatocytes damaged by liver diseaseMasamichi Ito
Department of Pathology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:1140-9. 2004..However, the distribution of sPLA2-V in human liver has not yet been investigated. In this study, the significance of sPLA2-V expression in human hepatocytes damaged by liver disease was investigated...
- Cytosolic phospholipase A2 mediates neuronal apoptosis induced by soluble oligomers of the amyloid-beta peptideBadreddine Kriem
INSERM EMI 0014, Universite de Nancy I, Vandoeuvre, France
FASEB J 19:85-7. 2005..This may prove to be crucial in AD processes and could provide important targets for drug development...
- Prostaglandin E2 and microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-2 expression are decreased in the cyclooxygenase-2-deficient mouse brain despite compensatory induction of cyclooxygenase-1 and Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2Francesca Bosetti
Brain Physiology and Metabolism Section, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurochem 91:1389-97. 2004..Overall, the data suggest that compensatory mechanisms exist in COX-2(-/-) mice and that mPGES-2 is functionally coupled with COX-2...
- Angiotensin II-induced Akt activation is mediated by metabolites of arachidonic acid generated by CaMKII-stimulated Ca2(+)-dependent phospholipase A2Fang Li
Department of Pharmacology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H2306-16. 2005....
- Tetrandrine and thapsigargin release arachidonic acid from cells in culture and stimulate prostacyclin production in rat liver cells, but may do so by different pathwaysLawrence Levine
Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
BMC Pharmacol 5:12. 2005..The effects of tetrandrine and thapsigargin on arachidonic acid release from human colon carcinoma and rat liver cells and prostacyclin production by rat liver cells are compared in the current studies...
- Expression of type V secretory phospholipase A in myocardial remodelling after infarctionY Ishikawa
Department of Pathology, School of Dentistry, Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan
Histopathology 47:257-67. 2005..The significance of sPLA2-V in myocardial infarction was investigated histopathologically...
- Group V and X secretory phospholipase A2 prevents adenoviral infection in mammalian cellsMichiko Mitsuishi
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Biochem J 393:97-106. 2006....
- PGE2 release is independent of upregulation of Group V phospholipase A2 during long-term stimulation of P388D1 cells with LPSUrsula A Kessen
Department of Chemistry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Lipid Res 46:2488-96. 2005..LPS stimulation also results in increased expression and secretion of a secretory PLA2, specifically GV PLA2. To test whether GV PLA2 contributes to PGE2 production and whether GIVA PLA2 activation increases the expression ..
- Effects of Crotalus durissus collilineatus venom in the isolated rat kidneyDaniela N Amora
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedicine and Clinical Research Unit, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Toxicon 47:260-4. 2006..We suggest that crotoxin and phospholipase A2 were involved in this process, since the renal effects observed would be due to the synergistic action of the components of the venom...
- Fusion of neurotransmitter vesicles with target membrane is calcium independent in a cell-free systemU O Karli
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:5912-5. 1990....
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis: Group IIa and Group V sPLA2 are not redundantFrederick C de Beer
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1421-2. 2006
- Group V secretory phospholipase A2 amplifies the induction of cyclooxygenase 2 and delayed prostaglandin D2 generation in mouse bone marrow culture-derived mast cells in a strain-dependent mannerBruno L Diaz
Department of Medicine Harvard Medical School and the Division of Rheumatology Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1761:1489-97. 2006..We used mice lacking the gene encoding group V sPLA(2) (Pla2g5-/-) to definitively test its role in eicosanoid generation by BMMC...
- Barbara Balestrieri; Fiscal Year: 2016..Now our preliminary data indicate that mice genetically modified to lack group V sPLA2 (Pla2g5-null mice) do not develop alternative activated macrophages (AAMacs) in the lung following Df exposure and that ..
- Marcia E Newcomer; Fiscal Year: 2014..The proposed studies will provide both structural and mechanistic information for this key enzyme. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPID TURNOVER IN EXOCRINE PANCREASRonald Rubin; Fiscal Year: 1991..These studies should render support for the association between inositol phospholipid breakdown mediated by PLC and PLA2, CA2+ metabolism, protein phosphorylation, and amylase secretion...
- TRANSGENIC MOUSE MODELS OF PANCREATIC EXOCRINE FUNCTIONROBERT DE LISLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..That over expresses Muclin in the pancreatic acinar cell using the rat elastase promoter to direct cell specific expression. ..
- PATHOGENEISIS OF CYSTIC FIBROSIS IN THE GI SYSTEMROBERT DE LISLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Pathology and Muclin expression will be compared in CF mice, and CF mice crossed with gastrin deficient mice (lack gastric acid secretion) to normalize intestinal Ph. ..
- Structure Function Studies Of Membrane Binding ProteinsWonhwa Cho; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Studies of Diacylglycerol-Binding ProteinsWonhwa Cho; Fiscal Year: 2009....