Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLA2G4A
Description: phospholipase A2 group IVA
Alias: PLA2G4, cPLA2, cPLA2-alpha, cytosolic phospholipase A2, calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding protein, lysophospholipase, phosphatidylcholine 2-acylhydrolase, phospholipase A2, group IVA (cytosolic, calcium-dependent)
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Cleavage of human cytosolic phospholipase A2 by caspase-1 (ICE) and caspase-8 (FLICE)S Lüschen
Institut fur Immunologie, Christian Albrechts Universitat Kiel, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 253:92-8. 1998..In a previous study, we have reported that human cPLA2 is proteolytically inactivated during apoptosis through cleavage by a caspase-3-like activity...
- The RNA-binding protein HuR stabilizes cytosolic phospholipase A2α mRNA under interleukin-1β treatment in non-small cell lung cancer A549 CellsWan Lin Liao
Institute of Bioinformatics and Biosignal Transduction, College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 286:35499-508. 2011..This inhibitory effect was also observed in binding with COX-2 mRNA. This result indicated that p38 MAPK-mediated Thr-118 phosphorylation may play a key role in regulating the interaction of HuR with its target mRNAs in inflammation...
- Cigarette smoke extract regulates cytosolic phospholipase A2 expression via NADPH oxidase/MAPKs/AP-1 and p300 in human tracheal smooth muscle cellsShin Ei Cheng
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 112:589-99. 2011..These results demonstrated that CSE-induced cPLA(2) expression was mediated through NOX2-dependent p42/p44 MAPK and p38 MAPK/c-Fos and JNK1/2/c-Jun/p300 pathways in HTSMCs...
- Attenuated translocation of group IVa phospholipase A2 and up-regulated annexin-1 synthesis by glucocorticoid blocks beta 2-integrin adhesion in neutrophilsAngelo Y Meliton
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Leukoc Biol 83:344-51. 2008....
- A novel arachidonic acid-selective cytosolic PLA2 contains a Ca(2+)-dependent translocation domain with homology to PKC and GAPJ D Clark
Genetics Institute, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140
Cell 65:1043-51. 1991We report the cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a high molecular weight (85.2 kd) cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) that has no detectable sequence homology with the secreted forms of PLA2...
- Serine 228 is essential for catalytic activities of 85-kDa cytosolic phospholipase A2J D Sharp
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
J Biol Chem 269:23250-4. 1994The Ca(2+)-sensitive cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) displays both a phospholipase A2 and a lysophospholipase activity...
- Mechanism of group IVA cytosolic phospholipase A(2) activation by phosphorylationSudipto Das
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 278:41431-42. 2003Group IVA cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) has been shown to play a critical role in the agonist-induced release of arachidonic acid...
- Cytosolic phospholipase A2 translocates to forming phagosomes during phagocytosis of zymosan in macrophagesMilena Girotti
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 279:19113-21. 2004..The results demonstrate that cPLA(2)alpha targets the phagosome membrane, which may serve as a source of arachidonic acid for eicosanoid production...
- Cytosolic phospholipase A2 Group IValpha but not secreted phospholipase A2 Group IIA, V, or X induces interleukin-8 and cyclooxygenase-2 gene and protein expression through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors gamma 1 and 2 in human lung cellsRafal Pawliczak
Critical Care Medicine Department, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:48550-61. 2004..We have shown previously that cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) is able to activate gene expression through PPAR-gamma response elements (Pawliczak, R., Han, C...
- Activation of cPLA2 is required for leukotriene D4-induced proliferation in colon cancer cellsLadan Parhamifar
Experimental Pathology, The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Surgery, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 26:1988-98. 2005..The present data reveal that cPLA(2)alpha, an important intracellular signal activated by inflammatory mediators, is an important regulator of colon tumor growth...
- Group IVA phospholipase A2 is necessary for the biogenesis of lipid dropletsAlbert Gubern
Institut de Neurociències and Departament de Bioquímica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, E 08193 Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 283:27369-82. 2008....
- Role of phosphorylation and basic residues in the catalytic domain of cytosolic phospholipase A2alpha in regulating interfacial kinetics and binding and cellular functionDawn E Tucker
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9596-611. 2009..The results demonstrate that Ser-505 phosphorylation and basic residues in the catalytic domain principally act to regulate cPLA(2)alpha hydrolytic activity...
- Group IV phospholipase A(2)alpha controls the formation of inter-cisternal continuities involved in intra-Golgi transportEnrica San Pietro
Department of Cell Biology and Oncology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Chieti, Italy
PLoS Biol 7:e1000194. 2009..These findings identify cPLA(2)alpha as the first component of the machinery that is responsible for the formation of intercisternal tubular continuities and support a role for these continuities in transport through the Golgi complex...
- Impacts of cytosolic phospholipase A2, 15-prostaglandin dehydrogenase, and cyclooxygenase-2 expressions on tumor progression in colorectal cancerSung Chul Lim
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea
Yonsei Med J 51:692-9. 2010..to cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) which is related to prostaglandin E2 synthesis, other enzymes such as cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2), microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1 (mPGES-1), and 15-prostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) ..
- HT-29 human colon cancer cell proliferation is regulated by cytosolic phospholipase A(2)α dependent PGE(2)via both PKA and PKB pathwaysLiz Kisslov
Clinical Biochemistry Department, Soroka Medical University Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
Biochim Biophys Acta 1821:1224-34. 2012..PGE(2)via EP induces CREB phosphorylation by the PKA pathway and regulates β-catenin and cyclin D1 cellular localization by PKB/Akt pathway...
- cPLA2 is phosphorylated and activated by MAP kinaseL L Lin
Genetics Institute, Small Molecule Drug Discovery Group, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140
Cell 72:269-78. 1993..that stimulate the release of arachidonic acid causes increased serine phosphorylation and activation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2). Here we report that cPLA2 is a substrate for mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase...
- Identification of essential residues for the catalytic function of 85-kDa cytosolic phospholipase A2. Probing the role of histidine, aspartic acid, cysteine, and arginineR T Pickard
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Biol Chem 271:19225-31. 1996b>Cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) hydrolyzes the sn-2-acyl ester bond of phospholipids and shows a preference for arachidonic acid-containing substrates...
- Expression of cytosolic and group X secretory phospholipase A(2) genes in human colorectal adenocarcinomasAnna Osterström
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Cell Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping, Sweden
Cancer Lett 182:175-82. 2002..We found an up-regulation of cPLA(2) mRNA but the induction in tumour tissues does not correlate with Ras-gene mutations. Moreover, our results cannot consistently reflect an overexpression of sPLA(2)-X gene in colorectal cancer tissues...
- The confluence-dependent interaction of cytosolic phospholipase A2-alpha with annexin A1 regulates endothelial cell prostaglandin E2 generationShane P Herbert
Faculty of Biological Sciences, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:34468-78. 2007..Thus the confluence-dependent interaction of cPLA(2)alpha and annexin A1 at the Golgi acts as a novel molecular switch controlling cPLA(2)alpha activity and endothelial cell prostaglandin generation...
- Impact of group IVA cytosolic phospholipase A2 gene polymorphisms on phenotypic features of patients with familial adenomatous polyposisJunji Umeno
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:293-301. 2010..The aim of this study was to elucidate the possible associations between cPLA ( 2 )alpha gene polymorphisms and phenotypic features of patients with familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)...
- Nuclear localisation of cytosolic phospholipase A2-alpha in the EA.hy.926 human endothelial cell line is proliferation dependent and modulated by phosphorylationSeema Grewal
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
J Cell Sci 115:4533-43. 2002....
- Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate anchors cytosolic group IVA phospholipase A2 to perinuclear membranes and decreases its calcium requirement for translocation in live cellsJavier Casas
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Spanish Research Council, 47003 Valladolid, Spain
Mol Biol Cell 17:155-62. 2006..PtdIns(4,5)P2 anchors the enzyme to perinuclear membranes and allows for a proper interaction with its phospholipid substrate to release arachidonic acid...
- Cigarette smoke extract induces cytosolic phospholipase A2 expression via NADPH oxidase, MAPKs, AP-1, and NF-kappaB in human tracheal smooth muscle cellsShin Ei Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 46:948-60. 2009Up-regulation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) by cigarette smoke extract (CSE) may play a critical role in airway inflammatory diseases...
- Ceramide 1-phosphate is required for the translocation of group IVA cytosolic phospholipase A2 and prostaglandin synthesisNadia F Lamour
Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0614, USA
J Biol Chem 284:26897-907. 2009..Therefore, this study provides a paradigm shift in how cPLA(2)alpha is activated during inflammation...
- Golgi-associated cPLA2alpha regulates endothelial cell-cell junction integrity by controlling the trafficking of transmembrane junction proteinsElsa Regan-Klapisz
Cellular Architecture and Dynamics, Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Cell 20:4225-34. 2009....
- Subcellular localization and role of lipin-1 in human macrophagesMartín Valdearcos
Instituto de Biologia y Genetica Molecular, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 47003 Valladolid, Spain
J Immunol 186:6004-13. 2011..Collectively, these data suggest that lipin-1 associates with LDs and regulates the activation of cytosolic group IVA phospholipase A(2)α in human monocyte-derived macrophages...
- cPLA(2)α gene activation by IL-1β is dependent on an upstream kinase pathway, enzymatic activation and downstream 15-lipoxygenase activity: a positive feedback loopJewell N Walters
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Cell Signal 23:1944-51. 2011..Overall, these data support an MKK3/MKK6→p38 MAPK→MSK-1→cPLA(2)α→15-LOX2-dependent, positive feedback loop where a protein's enzymatic activity is required to regulate its own gene induction by a pro-inflammatory stimulus...
- Identification of a cellular protein that functionally interacts with the C2 domain of cytosolic phospholipase A(2)alphaY Nakatani
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:1161-8. 2000..These results suggest that vimentin is an adaptor for cPLA(2)alpha to function properly during the eicosanoid-biosynthetic process...
- The manifold phospholipases A of Legionella pneumophila - identification, export, regulation, and their link to bacterial virulenceSangeeta Banerji
Research Group Pathogenesis of Legionella Infections, Robert Koch Institut, Nordufer 20, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 298:169-81. 2008..lung pathogen Legionella pneumophila expresses secreted and cell-associated phospholipase A (PLA) and lysophospholipase A (LPLA) activities belonging to at least three enzyme families...
- Purification of a new, calcium-independent, high molecular weight phospholipase A2/lysophospholipase (phospholipase B) from guinea pig intestinal brush-border membraneA Gassama-Diagne
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 101, Biochimie des Lipides, Toulouse, France
J Biol Chem 264:9470-5. 1989..the two hydrolytic activities were detected at the same position as 97-kDa protein, the enzyme is thus considered as a phospholipase A2 with lysophospholipase activity (phospholipase B), which might be involved in phospholipid digestion.
- Distinct phospholipase A2 enzymes regulate prostaglandin E2 and F2alpha production by bovine endometrial epithelial cellsPatricia K Tithof
The University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, TN, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 5:16. 2007..the expression and activities of calcium-independent Group VI and Group IVC PLA2 (PLA2G6 and PLA2G4C) and calcium-dependent Group IVA PLA2 (PLA2G4A) enzymes in the regulation of bovine uterine endometrial epithelial cell PG production.
- Phospholipase A2 regulation of bovine endometrial (BEND) cell prostaglandin productionJames D Godkin
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:44. 2008..The objectives of this investigation were to evaluate the expression and activities of calcium-dependent group IVA (PLA2G4A) and calcium-independent group VI (PLA2G6) enzymes in the regulation of BEND cell PG production.
- Further characterization of a novel phospholipase B (phospholipase A2--lysophospholipase) from intestinal brush-border membranesS Pind
Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Ont, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 69:346-57. 1991..and guinea pigs possess a high molecular weight, calcium-independent phospholipase B (phospholipase A2 - lysophospholipase activities) with the characteristics of a digestive ectoenzyme...
- Purification and characterization of secretory phospholipase B, lysophospholipase and lysophospholipase/transacylase from a virulent strain of the pathogenic fungus Cryptococcus neoformansS C Chen
Centre for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Biochem J 347:431-9. 2000..A highly active extracellular phospholipase, demonstrating phospholipase B (PLB), lysophospholipase (LPL) and lysophospholipase/transacylase (LPTA) activities, was purified to homogeneity from C...
- Lysophospholipase from the human blood fluke, Schistosoma japonicumJinjiang Fan
Molecular Parasitology Unit, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, and Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Int J Infect Dis 12:143-51. 2008....
- Molecular cloning and characterization of human eosinophil Charcot-Leyden crystal protein (lysophospholipase). Similarities to IgE binding proteins and the S-type animal lectin superfamilyS J Ackerman
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
J Immunol 150:456-68. 1993..and sequenced a 598-bp full length cDNA clone for the human Charcot-Leyden crystal (CLC) protein (eosinophil lysophospholipase), the unique and prominent constituent of human eosinophils and basophils that forms the hexagonal ..
- Polychlorinated biphenyls induce arachidonic acid release in human platelets in a tamoxifen sensitive manner via activation of group IVA cytosolic phospholipase A2-alphaPontus K A Forsell
Departments of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Medical Chemistry II, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Pharmacol 71:144-55. 2005..We report, here, the effects of PCBs on eicosanoid formation, arachidonic acid release and cytosolic phospholipase A2-alpha (cPLA2-alpha) activation in human platelets...
- Autotaxin/lysophospholipase D-mediated lysophosphatidic acid signaling is required to form distinctive large lysosomes in the visceral endoderm cells of the mouse yolk sacSeiichi Koike
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:33561-70. 2009Autotaxin, a lysophospholipase D encoded by the Enpp2 gene, is an exoenzyme that produces lysophosphatidic acid in the extracellular space...
- Purification and properties of a membrane-bound phospholipase B from Mycobacterium lepraemuriumS Maeda
National Institute for Leprosy Research, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1303:31-8. 1996..and monoacyl phospholipids showing that this enzyme was classified to phospholipase B (phospholipase A1/lysophospholipase)...
- Serine hydrolase targets of organophosphorus toxicantsJohn E Casida
Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology Laboratory, Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3112, USA
Chem Biol Interact 157:277-83. 2005..is established mainly from observations with humans (butyrylcholinesterase and neuropathy target esterase-lysophospholipase) and studies with mice (cannabinoid CB1 receptor, carboxylesterase, lysophospholipase and platelet ..
- bdhA-patD operon as a virulence determinant, revealed by a novel large-scale approach for identification of Legionella pneumophila mutants defective for amoeba infectionP Aurass
Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4506-15. 2009..pneumophila showing phospholipase A and lysophospholipase A activities...
- RNA expression induced by cisplatin in an organ of Corti-derived immortalized cell lineMaurizio Previati
Department of Morphology and Embryology, Human Anatomy Division, Ferrara University Via Fossato di Mortara 66, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Hear Res 196:8-18. 2004..mobilization including phospholipase A2, group IV and V, phospholipase A2 activating protein and lysophospholipase I and III, as well as lipoxygenation like arachidonate 12-lipoxygenase and arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase ..
- Charcot-Leyden crystal protein (galectin-10) is not a dual function galectin with lysophospholipase activity but binds a lysophospholipase inhibitor in a novel structural fashionSteven J Ackerman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:14859-68. 2002Charcot-Leyden crystal (CLC) protein, initially reported to possess weak lysophospholipase activity, is still considered to be the eosinophil's lysophospholipase, but it shows no sequence similarities to any known lysophospholipases...
- Cloning and characterization of the gene encoding the major cell-associated phospholipase A of Legionella pneumophila, plaB, exhibiting hemolytic activityAntje Flieger
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin Institut für Molekulare Infektionsbiologie, Julius Maximilians Universitat Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Infect Immun 72:2648-58. 2004..pneumophila possess phospholipase A activity; however, only the major secreted lysophospholipase A PlaA has been investigated on the molecular level. We therefore generated isogenic L...
- Acyltransferases and transacylases involved in fatty acid remodeling of phospholipids and metabolism of bioactive lipids in mammalian cellsA Yamashita
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Kanagawa
J Biochem 122:1-16. 1997..acyl-CoA: lysophospholipid acyltransferases, CoA-dependent and CoA-independent transacylation systems and lysophospholipase/transacylase are involved in the biosynthesis of these molecular species...
- Cross-talk between cytosolic phospholipase A2 alpha (cPLA2 alpha) and secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) in hydrogen peroxide-induced arachidonic acid release in murine mesangial cells: sPLA2 regulates cPLA2 alpha activity that is responsible for arachidoWon K Han
Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine and Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24153-63. 2003..Group IIa and V PLA2s are regulatory and cPLA2alpha is responsible for AA release...
- Influence of lysophospholipid hydrolysis by the catalytic domain of neuropathy target esterase on the fluidity of bilayer lipid membranesAaron J Greiner
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1798:1533-9. 2010..In vitro, NTE has phospholipase/lysophospholipase activity that hydrolyses exogenously added single-chain lysophospholipids in preference to dual-chain ..
- Characterization of the gene encoding the major secreted lysophospholipase A of Legionella pneumophila and its role in detoxification of lysophosphatidylcholineAntje Flieger
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, Germany
Infect Immun 70:6094-106. 2002..acids from lysophosphatidylcholine and lysophosphatidylglycerol, implying that PlaA is the major secreted lysophospholipase A of L. pneumophila...
- Identification of phospholipase B from Dictyostelium discoideum reveals a new lipase family present in mammals, flies and nematodes, but not yeastClive P Morgan
Department of Physiology, Rockefeller Building, University College London, University St, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Biochem J 382:441-9. 2004The social amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum exhibits high activities of phospholipase and lysophospholipase [Ferber, Munder, Fischer and Gerisch (1970) Eur. J. Biochem. 14, 253-257]...
- Maternal exposure to anti-androgenic compounds, vinclozolin, flutamide and procymidone, has no effects on spermatogenesis and DNA methylation in male rats of subsequent generationsKunifumi Inawaka
Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 237:178-87. 2009..postnatal day (PND) 6 for DNA methylation analysis of the region (210 bp including 7 CpG sites) within the lysophospholipase gene by bisulfite DNA sequencing method...
- Crystal structure of Escherichia coli thioesterase I/protease I/lysophospholipase L1: consensus sequence blocks constitute the catalytic center of SGNH-hydrolases through a conserved hydrogen bond networkYu Chih Lo
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Neihu 114, Taiwan
J Mol Biol 330:539-51. 2003..is a multifunctional enzyme possessing activities of thioesterase, esterase, arylesterase, protease, and lysophospholipase. In particular, TAP has stereoselectivity for amino acid derivative substrates, hence it is useful for the ..
- Expression, purification, refolding and characterization of a putative lysophospholipase from Pyrococcus furiosus: retention of structure and lipase/esterase activity in the presence of water-miscible organic solvents at high temperaturesSanjeev Kumar Chandrayan
Protein Science and Engineering Division, Institute of Microbial Technology IMTECH, Sector 39A, Chandigarh 160036, India
Protein Expr Purif 59:327-33. 2008A putative lysophospholipase (PF0480) encoded by the Pyrococcus furiosus genome has previously been cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Ultrastructural localization of Charcot-Leyden crystal protein (lysophospholipase) and peroxidase in macrophages, eosinophils, and extracellular matrix of the skin in the hypereosinophilic syndromeA M Dvorak
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Lab Invest 62:590-607. 1990..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Pyrularia thionin increases arachidonate liberation and prolactin and growth hormone release from anterior pituitary cellsA M Judd
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22908
Toxicon 30:1563-73. 1992..increases stearate liberation from the pituitary cells, either diacylglycerol lipase, phospholipase A1 or lysophospholipase may be directly or indirectly activated by this toxin...
- Isolation and characterization of Escherichia coli K-12 mutants lacking both 2-acyl-glycerophosphoethanolamine acyltransferase and acyl-acyl carrier protein synthetase activityL Hsu
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105
J Biol Chem 266:13783-8. 1991..Acylphosphatidylglycerol accumulation was due to the transacylase activity of lysophospholipase L2 (the pldB gene product) since aas pldB double mutants accumulated 2-acyl-GPE, but not ..
- The catabolism of exogenous lysophosphatidylcholine in isolated perfused rat and guinea pig hearts: a comparative studyT Mock
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1084:167-72. 1991..in lysoPC clearance by acylation catalyzed by acyl-CoA:lysoPC acyltransferase and deacylation catalyzed by lysophospholipase, respectively...
- Effect of inhibition of neuropathy target esterase in mouse nervous tissues in vitro on phosphatidylcholine and lysophosphatidylcholine homeostasisWei Yuan Hou
Institute of Zoology, CAS, Beijing 100101, PR China
Int J Toxicol 28:417-24. 2009Neuropathy target esterase has been shown to be a lysophospholipase in mouse...
- Activated neutrophil-mediated sickle red blood cell adhesion to lung vascular endothelium: role of phosphatidylserine-exposed sickle red blood cellsJohnson Haynes
Jr, USA Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center, Univ of South Alabama Medical Center, 2451 Fillingim St, MCSB 1530, Mobile, AL 36617, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1679-85. 2006..Zileuton attenuation of AN-mediated SRBC PS externalization suggests that a 5-lipoxygenase product(s), secreted by the AN, plays a vital role in altering the adhesive properties of PS-exposed SRBCs to vascular endothelium...
- The homeostasis of phosphatidylcholine and lysophosphatidylcholine was not disrupted during tri-o-cresyl phosphate-induced delayed neurotoxicity in hensWei Yuan Hou
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, State Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Pest Insects and Rodents, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Datunlu Road, Beijing 100101, PR China
Toxicology 252:56-63. 2008..of OPIDN because new clues to possible mechanisms of OPIDN have recently been discovered that NTE acts as lysophospholipase (LysoPLA) in mice and phospholipase B (PLB) in cultured mammalian cells...
- An enzymatic assay for lysophosphatidylcholine concentration in human serum and plasmaTatsuya Kishimoto
Diagnostic Research and Development Dept, R and D Division, Nesco Company, Azwell Inc, Osaka, Japan
Clin Biochem 35:411-6. 2002..However, these methods are not practical because they are either too complicated and/or too time-consuming for LPC determinations in human serum and plasma...
- Peritoneal fluids from patients with certain gynecologic tumor contain elevated levels of bioactive lysophospholipase D activityAkira Tokumura
Department of Health Chemistry, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, 1 78 1 Shomachi, Tokushima, Japan
Life Sci 80:1641-9. 2007..Although LPA in human serum seems mainly to be generated by lysophospholipase D (lysoPLD), the source and pathway for LPA in the ascitic fluid remain still obscure...
- The PLB2 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae confers resistance to lysophosphatidylcholine and encodes a phospholipase B/lysophospholipaseH Fyrst
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, California 94609 1809, USA
Biochemistry 38:5864-71. 1999The PLB1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes a protein that demonstrates phospholipase B, lysophospholipase, and transacylase activities. Several genes with significant homology to PLB1 exist in the S...
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of a novel choline-specific glycerophosphodiester phosphodiesterase belonging to the nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase familyHideki Sakagami
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:23084-93. 2005..Previously we showed that lysophospholipase D, which hydrolyzes lysophosphatidylcholine (LPC) to produce lysophosphatidic acid, is identical to NPP2...
- Structure of human milk bile salt activated lipaseT Baba
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City 73104
Biochemistry 30:500-10. 1991..The amino acid sequence of human BAL is related to that of pancreatic lysophospholipase, cholesterol esterase, cholinesterase, acetylcholinesterase, and thyroglobulin...
- Characterization of the transacylase activity of rat liver 60-kDa lysophospholipase-transacylase. Acyl transfer from the sn-2 to the sn-1 positionH Sugimoto
Department of Biochemistry, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi 371 8511, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1438:264-72. 1999Rat liver 60-kDa lysophospholipase-transacylase catalyzes not only the hydrolysis of 1-acyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, but also the transfer of its acyl chain to a second molecule of 1-acyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine to form ..
- Molecular cloning and expression of cDNA for rat pancreatic cholesterol esteraseJ A Kissel
Department of Pathology, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, OH 45267 0529
Biochim Biophys Acta 1006:227-36. 1989..with other proteins revealed that the pancreatic cholesterol esterase is identical to rat pancreatic lysophospholipase. The primary structure of cholesterol esterase displayed no significant homology with other lipases, ..
- Functional analyses of placental protein 13/galectin-13Nandor G Than
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Biochem 271:1065-78. 2004..Similar to human eosinophil Charcot-Leyden crystal protein/galectin-10 but not other galectins, its weak lysophospholipase activity was confirmed by 31P-NMR...
- Restoration of on-time embryo implantation corrects the timing of parturition in cytosolic phospholipase A2 group IVA deficient miceNaoko Brown
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Biol Reprod 81:1131-8. 2009b>Cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2, PLA2G4A) catalyzes the release of arachidonic acid for prostaglandin synthesis by cyclooxygenase 1 (PTGS1) and cyclooxygenase 2 (PTGS2)...
- Secretion and lysophospholipase D activity of autotaxin by adipocytes are controlled by N-glycosylation and signal peptidaseJean Philippe Pradere
INSERM, U586, Unité de Recherches sur les Obésités, Toulouse, F 31432, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:93-102. 2007Autotaxin (ATX) is a lysophospholipase D involved in synthesis of lysophosphatidic acid (LPA). ATX is secreted by adipocytes and is associated with adipogenesis and obesity-associated diabetes...
- Structural characterization of a biologically active human lipocortin 1 expressed in Escherichia coliR Arcone
CEINGE, Biotecnologie Avanzate, Napoli, Italy
Eur J Biochem 211:347-55. 1993..Recombinant human lipocortin 1 reduces the carrageenin-induced paw oedema in rat in vivo and inhibits porcine pancreatic phospholipase A2 activity in vitro; in both cases, a dose-related response is observed...
- Purification and characterization of bovine pancreatic bile salt-activated lipaseH Tanaka
Technology and Research Institute, Snow Brand Milk Products Co Ltd, Kawagoe, 350 1165, Japan
J Biochem 125:883-90. 1999..Previously from bovine pancreas a lysophospholipase has been purified and a gene was cloned and sequenced encoding an enzyme with cholesterol esterase/..
- Autotaxin is released from adipocytes, catalyzes lysophosphatidic acid synthesis, and activates preadipocyte proliferation. Up-regulated expression with adipocyte differentiation and obesityGilles Ferry
Institut de Recherche Servier, Centre de Recherche de Croissy, 78290 Croissy sur Seine, France
J Biol Chem 278:18162-9. 2003..S. (2002) J. Lipid Res. 43, 904-910) the presence, in adipocyte conditioned-medium, of a soluble lysophospholipase d-activity (LPLDact) involved in synthesis of the bioactive phospholipid lysophosphatidic acid (LPA)...
- Legionella pneumophila type II protein secretion promotes virulence in the A/J mouse model of Legionnaires' disease pneumoniaOmbeline Rossier
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Infect Immun 72:310-21. 2004..that the type II system controls the secretion of protease, RNase, lipase, phospholipase A, phospholipase C, lysophospholipase A, and tartrate-sensitive and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase activities and influences the appearance ..
- Combined activities of secretory phospholipases and eosinophil lysophospholipases induce pulmonary surfactant dysfunction by phospholipid hydrolysisMark A Kwatia
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 7170, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:838-47. 2007..Phosphatidylcholine, the principal component of pulmonary surfactant that maintains small airway patency, is hydrolyzed by sPLA(2). The lysophosphatidylcholine product is the substrate for eosinophil lysophospholipases...
- Acyl-CoA-binding protein 2 binds lysophospholipase 2 and lysoPC to promote tolerance to cadmium-induced oxidative stress in transgenic ArabidopsisWei Gao
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Plant J 62:989-1003. 2010..Arabidopsis thaliana lysophospholipase 2 (lysoPL2) (At1g52760) was identified as a protein interactor of acyl-CoA-binding protein 2 (ACBP2) in ..
- Charcot-Leyden crystal protein in the degranulation and recovery of activated basophilsL M Golightly
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
J Leukoc Biol 51:386-92. 1992..crystal (CLC) protein, a prominent cell constituent unique to eosinophils and basophils, possesses lysophospholipase activity...
- Purification and characterization of a catalytic domain of rat intestinal phospholipase B/lipase associated with brush border membranesH Tojo
Department of Molecular Physiological Chemistry, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:2214-21. 1998..The purified enzyme exhibited broad substrate specificity including esterase, phospholipase A2, lysophospholipase, and lipase activities...
- Characterization of an exported monoglyceride lipase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis possibly involved in the metabolism of host cell membrane lipidsKaren Côtes
Laboratoire d Enzymologie Interfaciale et de Physiologie de la Lipolyse, UPR 9025 CNRS, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, F 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Biochem J 408:417-27. 2007The Rv0183 gene of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv strain, which has been implicated as a lysophospholipase, was cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli...
- The homeostasis of phosphatidylcholine and lysophosphatidylcholine in nervous tissues of mice was not disrupted after administration of tri-o-cresyl phosphateWei Yuan Hou
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, State Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Pest Insects and Rodents, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, PR China
Toxicol Sci 109:276-85. 2009Neuropathy target esterase (NTE) is proven to act as a lysophospholipase (LysoPLA) in mice and phospholipase B (PLB) in cultured mammalian cells...
- Purification and characterization of lysophospholipase C from pig brainNguyen Dang Hung
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Yuseong Ku, Taejon 305 764, Korea
Neurochem Res 35:50-9. 2010In present study, lysophospholipase C (lysoPLC) was purified from homogenate of pig brain...
- Lysophospholipase activity of Mycobacterium smegmatisR A Harris
Department of Microbiology, Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine, North Miami Beach, Florida 33162 3097
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 264:294-300. 1987b>Lysophospholipase (LPL) activity found in Mycobacterium smegmatis was characterized. LPL activity was found to exist in high levels in two-to-10-day-old cultures. The enzyme assay was run using 1...
- Lysophospholipase L1 from Escherichia coli K-12 overproducerK Karasawa
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo
J Biochem 109:288-93. 1991After screening 900 E. coli strains of the Clarke and Carbon collection for by lysophospholipase L1 activities, we isolated a clone bearing the plasmid pLC6-34, which showed an increased level of lysophospholipase L1 activity...
- Synthesis and secretion of the pancreatic-type carboxyl ester lipase by human endothelial cellsF Li
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45267 0529, USA
Biochem J 329:675-9. 1998..The protective effect of CEL is related to its bile-salt-independent lysophospholipase activity. However, CEL hydrolysis of lysophosphatidylcholine can be inhibited by excess cholesterol...
- Molecular characterization of cytosolic phospholipase A2-betaC Song
Small Molecule Drug Discovery Group, Genetics Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
J Biol Chem 274:17063-7. 1999We have isolated a cDNA encoding a 1012-amino acid polypeptide cPLA2-beta, that has significant homology with cPLA2-alpha in both the calcium-dependent lipid binding domain as well as in the catalytic domain...
- A metabolic path for the degradation of lysophosphatidic acid, an inhibitor of lysophosphatidylcholine lysophospholipase, in neuronal nuclei of cerebral cortexR R Baker
Department of Biochemistry, Room 5202, Medical Sciences Bldg, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1483:58-68. 2000..LysoPA is an inhibitor of the nuclear lysophosphatidylcholine (lysoPC) lysophospholipase, and by preserving lysoPC levels, lysoPA boosted the nuclear production of the acyl analogue of platelet-..
- PLIP, a novel splice variant of Tip60, interacts with group IV cytosolic phospholipase A(2), induces apoptosis, and potentiates prostaglandin productionA M Sheridan
Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:4470-81. 2001..Thus PLIP, a splice variant of Tip60, interacts with cPLA(2) and potentiates cPLA(2)-mediated PGE(2) production and apoptosis...
- Evidence that mouse brain neuropathy target esterase is a lysophospholipaseGary B Quistad
Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology Laboratory, Department of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7983-7. 2003..a recombinant protein preferentially hydrolyzes lysolecithin, suggesting that this enzyme may be a type of lysophospholipase (LysoPLA) with lysolecithin as its physiological substrate...
- Characterization of nucleotide pyrophosphatase-5 as an oligomannosidic glycoprotein in rat brainYoshihide Ohe
Biosignal Research Center, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, 3 39 15 Showa Machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8512, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 308:719-25. 2003..However, we could not detect either the NPP activity or the lysophospholipase D activity in the immunoprecipitates with antibodies to NPP-5 from rat brain membranes...
- Cytosolic phospholipase A2 type IVA is present in human red cellsDonald J Macdonald
Biochemistry Department, Victoria Infirmary, Glasgow, G42 9TY, United Kingdom
Blood 103:3562-4. 2004..We show that IVAPLA(2) is present in red cells as a 90-kDa protein...
- Lysophospholipase A activity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa type III secretory toxin ExoUMiki Tamura
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0542, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:323-31. 2004..was mixed with secretory type PLA(2), more phospholipase activity was observed, suggesting that ExoU has lysophospholipase A (lysoPLA) activity. A significant increase in lysoPLA activity was also observed...
- Mechanisms of lysophosphatidic acid productionJunken Aoki
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Semin Cell Dev Biol 15:477-89. 2004..In each pathway, at least two phospholipase activities are required: phospholipase A1 (PLA1)/PLA2 plus lysophospholipase D (lysoPLD) activities are involved in the first pathway and phospholipase D (PLD) plus PLA1/PLA2 activities ..
- Cryptococcal phospholipases: a novel lysophospholipase discovered in the pathogenic fungus Cryptococcus gattiiLesley C Wright
Centre for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, University of Sydney at Westmead, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Biochem J 384:377-84. 2004..A novel phospholipase (LPL1) with only LPL (lysophospholipase) and LPTA (transacylase) activities has now been characterized in C...
- Lysophospholipase I identified as a ghrelin deacylation enzyme in rat stomachYuka Shanado
Tsukuba Research Institute, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Tsukuba, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:1487-94. 2004..and expressing candidate proteins, the ghrelin deacylation enzyme in the stomach was identified as lysophospholipase I (LysoPLA I)...
- Proteolytic maturation and activation of autotaxin (NPP2), a secreted metastasis-enhancing lysophospholipase DSilvia Jansen
Division of Biochemistry, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Faculty of Medicine, K U Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Cell Sci 118:3081-9. 2005..stimulates cell proliferation, cell motility and angiogenesis, which is accounted for by its intrinsic lysophospholipase-D activity that generates the lipid mediators lysophosphatidic acid and sphingosine-1-phosphate...
- Autotaxin (lysoPLD/NPP2) protects fibroblasts from apoptosis through its enzymatic product, lysophosphatidic acid, utilizing albumin-bound substrateJaehwi Song
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine and Microdissection Genomics Research Center, The Catholic University of Korea, Banpo dong number 505, Seocho Gu, Seoul 137 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:967-75. 2005..multiple enzymatic activities including ATPase, Type I nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase, and lysophospholipase D, depending on its substrates...
- Molecular characterization and serodiagnosis analysis of a novel lysophospholipase from Clonorchis sinensisChangling Ma
Department of Parasitology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, SunYat sen University, Guangzhou, 510080, People s Republic of China
Parasitol Res 101:419-25. 2007A cDNA clone encoding a novel lysophospholipase with a predicted molecular weight of 25.2 kDa was isolated from a Clonorchis sinensis adult cDNA library...
- Validation of an autotaxin enzyme immunoassay in human serum samples and its application to hypoalbuminemia differentiationKazuhiro Nakamura
Department of Clinical Laboratory, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 388:51-8. 2008..of lysophosphatidic acid (LPA), an important and multi-functional bioactive lipid, through its lysophospholipase D activity (lysoPLD)...
- Identification of an insulin-regulated lysophospholipase with homology to neuropathy target esterasePetra C Kienesberger
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz 8010, Graz, Austria
J Biol Chem 283:5908-17. 2008..Here we show that the structurally related murine protein NTE-related esterase (NRE) is a potent lysophospholipase. The enzyme efficiently hydrolyzes sn-1 esters in lysophosphatidylcholine and lysophosphatidic acid...
- TLR2 ligands augment cPLA2alpha activity and lead to enhanced leukotriene release in human monocytesSabine C Lindner
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry Center for Drug Research, Development, and Safety ZAFES, Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 86:389-99. 2009..TLR2 ligand-induced increase of AA release was blocked by a neutralizing anti-hTLR2 antibody, indicating that TLR2 mediates augmented cPLA(2) activation and subsequent LT biosynthesis...
- Increased expression and activation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 in the spinal cord of patients with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosisNoriyuki Shibata
Department of Pathology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku 162 8666, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 119:345-54. 2010Compelling evidence identifies a link between cytotoxic effects of cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) activity and neuron death in cell cultures...
- Deficiency of autotaxin/lysophospholipase D results in head cavity formation in mouse embryos through the LPA receptor-Rho-ROCK pathwaySeiichi Koike
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 400:66-71. 2010..These results reveal the signal transduction defects that underlie the abnormalities in Enpp2(-/-) embryos...
- Role of a Novel Lysophospholipase in TumorigenesisYing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have cloned a cDNA that encodes a novel putative lysophospholipase. In view of its predicted molecular mass of 34 kDa, we have named it LPL34 (Lysophospholipase 34)...
- Dennis E Hallahan; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have recently shown that the substrate for LysoPLD, LPC, is induced by 2 Gy x-irradiation. Cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) is activated by 2 Gy and knock down, knock out or inhibition of cPLA2 improves the cytotoxicity ..
- LIPID METABOLISM IN STIMULATED HUMAN PLATELETSM Broekman; Fiscal Year: 1991..re)synthesis of platelet and neutrophil phospholipids 2) the activity of lysophospholipase(s) in platelets and neutrophils, and how these enzymes may regulate levels of lysophospholipids, which are ..
- Characterization of a Novel LysophospholipaseYing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2003..In view of its predicted molecular mass of 34 kDa, we have named it LPL34 (lysophospholipase 34)...
- Susan S Smyth; Fiscal Year: 2014..The secreted lysophospholipase D autotaxin (autotaxin/lysoLPD) is responsible for production of extracellular, biologically active LPA, ..
- Regulation of Lysolipid Signaling by Autotaxin-Integrin Interactions on PlateletsZACHARY FULKERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..The production of LPA in circulation is dependent tipon autotaxin (ATX), an enzyme with lysophospholipase D activity...
- Lysolipid Signaling in Cardiovascular DiseaseSusan S Smyth; Fiscal Year: 2013..We report a novel pathway for regulation of platelet LPA responses that involves recruitment of the lysophospholipase D enzyme, autotaxin, responsible for LPA production to activated platelets...
- Arie Kaffman; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Autotaxin (ATX) is a secreted lysophospholipase that is essential for normal proliferation, migration, and survival of neural stem cells (NSC) during embryonic development...
- Gabor J Tigyi; Fiscal Year: 2016..ATX, a lysophospholipase D that generates LPA, is among the 40 most upregulated genes in metastatic cancers...
- ERYTHROCYTE METABOLISM IN MUSCULAR DISEASEAkira Omachi; Fiscal Year: 1980..LDC concentrations that cause lysis in MMD, DMD, and control erythrocytes will also be determined. Phospholipase and lysophospholipase activites will be assessed in membrane preparations from MMD, DMD, and control erythrocytes.
- BIOCHEMICAL RELATIONSHIPS OF BASOPHILS AND EOSINOPHILSSteven Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 1990..of the subcellular localization, enzymatic activity, uptake and secretion of Charcot-Leyden crystal protein (lysophospholipase), eosinophil granule major basic protein and eosinophil peroxidase in the basophil will utilize ..
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF CPLA2 IN UV INJURYAlice Pentland; Fiscal Year: 2000..Recent work in our laboratory suggests that cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) is an active participant in this process...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF PHOSPHOLIPASES FROM VENOMRobert Noble; Fiscal Year: 1980..In contrast, phospholipase B (PLB; lysophospholipase) has not been studied due to the lack of availability of large amounts of purified enzyme...
- MOLECULAR PHARMACOLOGY OF LYSOPHOSPHATIDIC ACIDKevin Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2006..an interaction strengthened by the molecular definition of target proteins including the LPA receptors, lysophospholipase D and lipid phosphohydrolases...
- Workshop on Molecular Aspects of Myeloid Stem Cell Development and LeukemiaSteven Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GABAERGIC INSECTICIDE TOXICOLOGYJOHN CASIDA; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- SQUALENE AND OXIDOSQUALENE CYCLASESGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Third Biennial International Eosinophil Symposium 2003Steven Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Liposome Overlays for Protein-Ligand SelectivityColin Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally we will develop PolyPIPosomes TM and PIPosomes TM research products and establish collaborations for beta-testing products to facilitate their introduction to the market. ..
- FASEB SUMMER CONFERENCE ON PHOSPHOLIPASESAndrew Morris; Fiscal Year: 2004..For the past 10 years this field has generated about 2000 peer reviewed research publications each year. The funds requested in this proposal will make an invaluable contribution to the support of this conference. ..
- Airway Inflammation: Bacterial Epithelial InteractionsBRYAN HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results obtained from the following proposal may shed light on diseases involving bacterial mediated lung inflammation such as cystic fibrosis and should also provide new strategies directed towards treating lung disease. ..
- Computational Approach to Ligand Discovery for LPA GPCR and PPARAbby L Parrill; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research can therefore lead to new treatments for cardiovascular disease and cancer. ..
- Thermo/Finnigan TSQ AM Triple Stage Quadrupole Mass SpectrometerAndrew Morris; Fiscal Year: 2008..Acquisition of this instrument would allow this group of investigators to complete their current and future research projects far more efficiently to generate optimal research outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Crosslinkable Hydrogels for Tympanic Membrane RepairGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Third, we will evaluate the biocompability and otocompability of each gel in vivo by evaluating recovery of auditory function and middle ear histology. ..
- Phosphoinositide and Inositol Polyphosphate ProbesGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lysophospholipid Mediators in Ovarian CancerAndrew Morris; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of the research will provide the framework and impetus to develop novel effective therapeutics for ovarian cancer. ..
- Organophosphorus Pesticide ToxicologyJOHN CASIDA; Fiscal Year: 2006..of toxicity from disruption of signal transduction pathways, and more specifically those mediated by lysophospholipase, diacylglycerol lipase, and the muscarinic acetylcholine receptor...
- Molecular Aspects of Myeloid Development and LeukemiaSteven Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- FASEB SUMMER RESEARCH CONFERENCE: BIOACTIVE LYSOLIPIDSAndrew Morris; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Fluorogenic Assays for Measuring the Activity of Ceramidase and SphingomyelinaseColin Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2008..These assays will help to further basic research in this growing field and potentially be used for developing new drugs for diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer's disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHOLINERGIC INSECTICIDE TOXICOLOGYJOHN CASIDA; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND FUNCTIONS OF EOSINOPHIL PROTEINSSteven Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2005..CLC protein was originally identified as eosinophil lysophospholipase (LPLase), but we have now shown it to be a member of the galectin superfamily of animal lectins based on ..
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF HUMAN EOSINOPHIL GENESSteven Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Thiol-Reactive Crosslinkers for BiomaterialsGlenn Prestwich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Fourth, these new materials will be evaluated for cytocompatibility and cell growth in vitro with murine fibroblasts. Finally, selected materials will be seeded with fibroblasts and injected into nude mice for in vivo tissue generation. ..