Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLA2G2D
Description: phospholipase A2 group IID
Alias: PLA2IID, SPLASH, sPLA2-IID, sPLA2S, group IID secretory phospholipase A2, GIID sPLA2, phosphatidylcholine 2-acylhydrolase 2D, secretory phospholipase A2s, secretory-type PLA, stroma-associated homolog
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- Camphor Poisoning: an evidence-based practice guideline for out-of-hospital managementAnthony S Manoguerra
American Association of Poison Control Centers, Washington, District of Columbia 20016, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 44:357-70. 2006..8) For patients with topical splash exposures of camphor to the eye(s), the eye(s) should be irrigated in accordance with usual poison center ..
- Heavy metals in bark of Pinus massoniana (Lamb.) as an indicator of atmospheric deposition near a smeltery at Qujiang, ChinaYuan Wen Kuang
South China Botanical Garden, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510650, China
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 14:270-5. 2007..The impact of the emission from smeltery on the soils beneath the trees and the relationships of the concentrations between the soils and the barks were also analyzed...
- Bactericidal properties of human and murine groups I, II, V, X, and XII secreted phospholipases A(2)Rao S Koduri
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 277:5849-57. 2002..analyzed the bactericidal activity of the full set of recombinant murine and human groups I, II, V, X, and XII sPLA2s on Listeria monocytogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli...
- An envelope-determined endocytic route of viral entry allows HIV-1 to escape from secreted phospholipase A2 entry blockadeThomas Maurin
INSERM U526, Laboratoire de Virologie, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Mol Biol 367:702-14. 2007..Taken together, we conclude that HIV-1 may escape from entry inhibitors, such as sPLA2s, through the selection of a particular HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein that allows HIV to infect cells via an ..
- Secretory low-molecular-weight phospholipases A2 and their specific receptor in bile ducts of patients with intrahepatic calculi: factors of chronic proliferative cholangitisJ Shoda
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, The University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Hepatology 29:1026-36. 1999..of the pathophysiology, interest has been focused on the role of secretory low-molecular-weight phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) as inflammatory mediators or factors modulating cell functions via their specific sPLA2-receptor, and also on the ..
- Occupational exposure to the risk of HIV infection among health care workers in Mwanza Region, United Republic of TanzaniaB Gumodoka
Bugando Medical Centre, Mwanza, United Republic of Tanzania
Bull World Health Organ 75:133-40. 1997..virus (HIV) transmission, availability of equipment, protective practices and the occurrence of prick and splash incidents in nine hospitals in the Mwanza Region in the north-west of the United Republic of Tanzania...
- Effect of crotapotin and heparin on the rat paw oedema induced by different secretory phospholipases A2E C Landucci
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Toxicon 38:199-208. 2000..Rat paw oedema was induced by a single subplantar injection of the sPLA2s (5-30 microg/paw) in absence and presence of either crotapotin (10-100 microg/paw) or heparin (50 U/paw)...
- Patient characteristics, diagnosis, and treatment of non-contact lens related Acanthamoeba keratitisS Sharma
Jhaveri Microbiology Centre, LV Prasad Eye Institute, LV Prasad Marg, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500 034, India
Br J Ophthalmol 84:1103-8. 2000..To review the clinical characteristics, diagnosis, and visual outcome in patients with non-contact lens related Acanthamoeba keratitis and compare the findings with reported series of contact lens associated Acanthamoeba keratitis...
- Risk for eye splash injury during administration of intraocular injections: a study of retina specialists and fellowsDan H Bourla
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 200 Stein Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Retina 27:609-12. 2007To evaluate the use of eye protection and frequency of eye splash events during intraocular injections as well as infection risk awareness among retina specialists and fellows in training.
- [Lightning injuries: case report of a 17-year-old man and a brief review of the literature]N Stutz
Abteilung für Plastische, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Zentrum für Schwerbrandverletzte, Klinikum Nürnberg Süd, Breslauerstrasse 201, 90471 Nürnberg
Unfallchirurg 109:495-8. 2006..We postulate that the mechanism by which lightning caused injury to this patient was a flash discharge (side splash)...
- Effect of umbelliferone (7-hydroxycoumarin, 7-HOC) on the enzymatic, edematogenic and necrotic activities of secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) isolated from Crotalus durissus collilineatus venomD O Toyama
Centro de Cidncias Biológicas e da Saúde, Univesidade Mackenzie, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Toxicon 53:417-26. 2009..two-dimensional electrophoresis indicated an evident difference between HPLC-purified native and 7-HOC-treated sPLA2s, which were used in pharmacological experiments to compare their biological activities...
- Variations of well water radon in Virginia and MarylandD G Mose
Department of Chemistry, George Mason University, VA 22030, USA
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 36:1647-60. 2001..Aeration experiments on well water in storage tanks indicated that about 60-70% can be removed using a splash box with an exhaust fan on the storage tank, and about 60-70% can be removed using bubble aeration...
- Human neutrophil migration in vitro induced by secretory phospholipases A2: a role for cell surface glycosaminoglycansAlessandra Gambero
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNICAMP, PO Box 6111, 13081 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochem Pharmacol 63:65-72. 2002..bothropstoxin-II, and piratoxin-I), and type III- (Apis mellifera venom) secretory phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) to induce human neutrophil chemotaxis, and the role of the cell surface proteoglycans, leukotriene B4 (LTB4), and ..
- Cross-talk between cytosolic phospholipase A2 alpha (cPLA2 alpha) and secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) in hydrogen peroxide-induced arachidonic acid release in murine mesangial cells: sPLA2 regulates cPLA2 alpha activity that is responsible for arachidoWon K Han
Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine and Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24153-63. 2003..We investigated the cross-talk between group IValpha cytosolic PLA2 (cPLA2alpha) and secretory PLA2s (sPLA2s) during H2O2-induced arachidonic acid (AA) release using two types of murine MC: (i)...
- Use of terminal tap water filter systems for prevention of nosocomial legionellosisR P Vonberg
Division of Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control, Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hospital Epidemiology, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Hosp Infect 60:159-62. 2005..Therefore, pathogen-free water should be provided for such high-risk patients. Surveillance of splash water was performed in high-risk patient care areas at Berlin Charité-University Medicine (506 samples) and ..
- Mouse group X secretory phospholipase A2 induces a potent release of arachidonic acid from spleen cells and acts as a ligand for the phospholipase A2 receptorY Morioka
Shionogi Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 381:31-42. 2000..release of arachidonic acid with significant production of prostaglandin E2 more efficiently than group IB and IIA sPLA2s. In addition, sPLA2-X was identified as a high-affinity ligand for both native and recombinant form of mouse PLA2 ..
- Formation of multilayered photosynthetic biofilms in an alkaline thermal spring in Yellowstone National Park, WyomingSarah M Boomer
Western Oregon University, Department of Biology, Monmouth, Oregon 97361, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:2464-75. 2009..used as a substratum to promote the development of biofilms that resembled multilayered mat communities in the splash zone at the geyser's source...
- Needlestick and other potential blood and body fluid exposures among health care workers in British Columbia, CanadaHasanat Alamgir
Statistics and Evaluation Department, Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Infect Control 36:12-21. 2008..Health care workers have high risk of exposure to human blood and body fluids (BBF) from patients in acute care and residents in nursing homes or personal homes...
- Should eye protection be worn during dermatological surgery: prospective observational studyA J Birnie
Department of Dermatology, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Br J Dermatol 156:1258-62. 2007There is a potential risk of infection with blood-borne viruses if a doctor receives a blood splash to a mucous membrane...
- Runoff and leaching of atrazine and alachlor on a sandy soil as affected by application in sprinkler irrigationA R Abdel Rahman
Plant Protection Department, Desert Research Center, Mataria, Cairo, Egypt
J Environ Sci Health B 34:381-96. 1999..The design of the boxes allowed a measurement of pesticide concentrations in splash water throughout the rainfall event. Initial atrazine concentrations exceeding its' solubility were observed...
- Group III secreted phospholipase A2 transgenic mice spontaneously develop inflammationHiroyasu Sato
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, 2 1 1 Ohtsuka, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 112 8610, Japan
Biochem J 421:17-27. 2009..III is an atypical sPLA2 (secretory PLA2) that is homologous with bee venom PLA2 rather than with other mammalian sPLA2s. In the present paper, we show that endogenous group III sPLA2 (PLA2G3) is expressed in mouse skin and that Tg (..
- Blood and body fluid splashes during surgery--the need for eye protection and masksC G Davies
Department of Surgery, Salisbury District Hospital, Salisbury, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:770-2. 2007..injury, some can pay little attention to reduce the potential route of infection occurring when body fluids splash into the eye. It has been shown that transmission of HIV, hepatitis B or C can occur across any mucous membrane...
- The status of occupational safety among health service providers in hospitals in TanzaniaS V Manyele
Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, College of Engineering and Technology, University ofDar es Salaam, PO Box 35131, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tanzan J Health Res 10:159-65. 2008..Needlestick injuries accounted for the largest part of the most common accidents (52.9%); followed by splash of blood from patients (21.7%); burn injury from chemicals (10.6%); and slippery floors (5.9%)...
- Neuropathogenesis of herpesvirus papio 2 in mice parallels infection with Cercopithecine herpesvirus 1 (B virus) in humansKristin M Rogers
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, 250 McElroy Hall, Stillwater, OK 74078 2007, USA
J Gen Virol 87:267-76. 2006..was consistently neurovirulent when administered by epidermal scarification, intracranial inoculation and an eye splash. Quantitative real-time PCR, histopathology and immunohistochemistry were used to follow the temporal spread of ..
- Blood splash from different diathermy instruments during tonsillectomyB C Hanna
Department of ENT, Antrim Area Hospital, Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK
J Laryngol Otol 120:927-31. 2006..To compare the potential risk of blood contamination of the surgeon's conjunctiva during tonsillectomy using disposable bipolar diathermy and reusable monopolar diathermy...
- Blood exposure risk during procedural dermatologyRuth D Holzmann
Department of Dermatology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:817-25. 2008..Dermatologists are at risk of body-fluid contamination during procedures...
- Geographic variation of persistent organic pollutant levels in humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) feeding areas of the North Pacific and North AtlanticCristiane T Elfes
Washington Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, 1122 NE Boat Street, Box 355020, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:824-34. 2010..Biopsy blubber samples from male individuals (n = 67) were collected through SPLASH, a multinational research project, in eight North Pacific feeding grounds...
- Methods for determining the barrier efficacy of surgical gownsE A McCullough
Institute for Environmental Research, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506
Am J Infect Control 21:368-74. 1993..of laundering and sterilizing on the barrier efficacy of reusable gowns by means of the Impact Penetration (splash) Test, the Synthetic Blood Resistance Test, the Viral Resistance Test, and the Elbow Lean (demonstration) Test...
- Occupational exposures to blood in a dental teaching environment: results of a ten-year surveillance studyF S Younai
Section of Oral Biology and Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry, 90095 1668, USA
J Dent Educ 65:436-48. 2001..Of these, 494 (98 percent) were percutaneous, and 10 (2 percent) were mucosal, each involving a splash to the eye of the dental care worker (DCW). Among the 504 exposures, 414 (82...
- Effects of Marapuama in the chronic mild stress model: further indication of antidepressant propertiesAngelo L Piato
Laboratorio de Etnofarmacologia, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Avenida Sarmento Leite 500 202, Porto Alegre, RS 90050 170, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 118:300-4. 2008..Suggestive of antidepressant activity, we have established that a specific PO ethanol extract (POEE) significantly decreases immobility in the tail suspension and forced swimming tests...
- [Procedure in case of exposure of hospital's workers to HBV, HCV and HIV]Maciej Dancewicz
Katedra i Klinika Chirurgii Klatki Piersiowej i Nowotworów Collegium Medicum im L Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy Uniwersytetu Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
Przegl Epidemiol 59:671-7. 2005..blood collection or injections (34 cases), as a result of a scalpel or other surgical instrument cut (2 cases), a splash of infectious material on the skin and conjunctivae (4 cases) and in the singular cases as a result of a bite by a ..
- Do modern spectacles endanger surgeons? The Waikato Eye Protection StudySimon J Chong
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand
Ann Surg 245:495-501. 2007..Modern fashion spectacles, being of increasingly slim design, may no longer be adequate in this role...
- The functions of five distinct mammalian phospholipase A2S in regulating arachidonic acid release. Type IIa and type V secretory phospholipase A2S are functionally redundant and act in concert with cytosolic phospholipase A2M Murakami
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:14411-23. 1998..of five distinct mammalian phospholipase A2 (PLA2) enzymes (cytosolic PLA2 (cPLA2; type IV), secretory PLA2s (sPLA2s; types IIA, V, and IIC), and Ca2+-independent PLA2 (iPLA2; type VI)) to arachidonic acid (AA) metabolism by ..
- [Safety issues of chemo drug administration handling by nurses from an occupational exposure viewpoint-through visualization with contrast media for ophthalmic vasculature]Kentaro Terui
Department of Nursing, Iwamizawa Municipal General Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 37:1931-5. 2010..The result showed spills all over in the procedures by nurses in the study: specifically splash to environment around the drug preparation area, contamination of needles which were used for drug preparations, ..
- Potentiation of tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced secreted phospholipase A2 (sPLA2)-IIA expression in mesangial cells by an autocrine loop involving sPLA2 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha activationSabine Beck
Center of Pharmacology, University Hospital Frankfurt, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:29799-812. 2003In rat mesangial cells, exogenously added secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) potentiate the expression of pro-inflammatory sPLA2-IIA first induced by cytokines like tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha) and interleukin-1 beta...
- The risk of eye splash injuries in surgeryS Marasco
Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Surg 68:785-7. 1998This study arose out of a concern about the transmission of infectious diseases through eye splash injuries in surgery. The purpose of this study was to identify the extent of the risk of eye splash injuries.
- NEW FRONTIERS IN THE STUDY OF DISPERSAL AND SPATIAL ANALYSIS OF EPIDEMICS CAUSED BY SPECIES IN THE GENUS PHYTOPHTHORAJean Beagle Ristaino
Department of Plant Pathology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695 E mail
Annu Rev Phytopathol 38:541-576. 2000..Species of Phytophthora can be dispersed either in soil, via surface water movement down rows, from rain splash dispersal, by air, or via movement by humans or invertebrate activity...
- Microbial composition of near-boiling silica-depositing thermal springs throughout Yellowstone National ParkCarrine E Blank
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:5123-35. 2002..Within the same spring, communities in the subaqueous environment were not appreciably different than those in the splash zone at the edge of the pool, although a greater number of phylotypes was found along the pool's edge...
- HIV: awareness of management of occupational exposure in health care workersN Wig
Department of Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi 110 029
Indian J Med Sci 57:192-8. 2003..The present study was conducted to know the present knowledge regarding occupational exposure to HIV amongst doctors in non-governmental hospitals and clinics across Delhi...
- Reusable terminal tap water filters for nosocomial legionellosis preventionRalf Peter Vonberg
Institut für Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Krankenhaushygiene, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Ann Hematol 84:403-5. 2005..with reusable water filters, a surveillance of splash water samples was performed. After determining the burden of Legionella spp...
- Preventing sharps, splash, and needlestick injuries in dentistry: a comprehensive overviewJohn S Mamoun
Gen Dent 53:188-93. 2005This article presents a comprehensive collection of precautions and suggestions for preventing sharps, splash, and needlestick injuries in dentistry...
- Diverse cellular localizations of secretory phospholipase A2 enzymes in several human tissuesSeiko Masuda
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1736:200-10. 2005..In this study, we examined by immunohistochemistry the localization of six sPLA2s (IIA, IID, IIE, IIF, V and X) in human heart, kidney, liver and stomach...
- Inhibition of secreted phospholipase A2. 4-glycerol derivatives of 4,5-dihydro-3-(4-tetradecyloxybenzyl)-1,2,4-4H-oxadiazol-5-one with broad activitiesMohamed Touaibia
Unité de Pharmacochimie Moléculaire et Systèmes Membranaires EA2381, Université Paris7 Denis Diderot, Case 7066, 2 place Jussieu, 75251 Paris, Cedex 05, France
J Med Chem 50:1618-26. 2007Secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) have been reported to play an important role in various inflammatory conditions and thus represent an attractive therapeutic target...
- Liquid drop splashing on smooth, rough, and textured surfacesLei Xu
The James Franck Institute and Department of Physics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 75:056316. 2007..We report experimental studies of how the splash depends on the roughness and the texture of the surfaces as well as the viscosity of the liquid...
- Diphoterine chemical splash decontamination solution: skin sensitization study in the guinea pigLaurence Mathieu
Laboratoire PREVOR, Moulin de Verville, Valmondois, France
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 26:181-7. 2007Diphoterine is an active eye/skin chemical splash decontamination solution...
- [Oxidative stress in victims with heavy combined cranium-facial trauma]A M Zakharov
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 86:50-2. 2007..Non-adequate functioning of the system of antioxidant defense on the background of free radical activity splash can be considered as breakdown of the process of adaptive reaction forming...
- Antidepressant-like effect of asiaticoside in miceXin Liang
Department of Pharmacology, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, PR China
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 89:444-9. 2008..study, the potential antidepressant properties of asiaticoside were investigated in male mice in three tests -- splash test in the unpredictable chronic mild stress (CMS) model, tail suspension test (TST), forced swimming test (FST) -..
- Biochemistry and physiology of mammalian secreted phospholipases A2Gerard Lambeau
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
Annu Rev Biochem 77:495-520. 2008..The mammalian genome contains 10 enzymatically active secreted PLA2s (sPLA2s) and two sPLA2-related proteins devoid of lipolytic enzymatic activity...
- Highly specific and broadly potent inhibitors of mammalian secreted phospholipases A2Rob C Oslund
Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Med Chem 51:4708-14. 2008We report a series of inhibitors of secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) based on substituted indoles, 6,7-benzoindoles, and indolizines derived from LY315920, a well-known indole-based sPLA2 inhibitor...
- The risks of splash injury when using power tools during orthopaedic surgery: a prospective studyAsef Alani
Department of Trauma, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Infirmary Square, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 5WW, United Kingdom
Acta Orthop Belg 74:678-82. 2008..the use of power tools increases spraying of bodily fluid, hence resulting in an increased risk of infectious splash injury to the face. This prospective study involved 25 patients...
- Sonographic findings of superior mesenteric artery syndrome causing massive gastric dilatation in a young healthy girlF M Abu-Zidan
Department of Surgery, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Singapore Med J 51:e184-6. 2010..She was nauseated but was unable to vomit. Succussion splash was positive...
- Umbelliferone induces changes in the structure and pharmacological activities of Bn IV, a phospholipase A(2) isoform isolated from Bothrops neuwiediDaniela de Oliveira Toyama
Centro de Ciencias Biologicas e da Saude, Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Toxicon 57:851-60. 2011..The amino acid sequence of Bn IV showed high sequence similarities with other Lys49 sPLA2s from B. jararacussu (BthTx-I), B. pirajai (PrTx-I), and B. neuwiedi pauloensis (Bn SP6 and Bn SP7)...
- Splash: a software tool for stereotactic planning of recording chamber placement and electrode trajectoriesDaniel J Sperka
Center for Neuroscience, University of California Davis, CA, USA
Front Neuroinform 5:1. 2011..Here we present SPLASh (Stereotactic PLAnning Software), an interactive software tool for the stereotactic planning of recording chamber ..
- Splash!: a prospective birth cohort study of the impact of environmental, social and family-level influences on child oral health and obesity related risk factors and outcomesAndrea M de Silva-Sanigorski
McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Carlton Australia
BMC Public Health 11:505. 2011..This study aims to prospectively examine the impact of drink choices on child obesity risk and oral health status...
- Co-firing of eucalyptus bark and rubberwood sawdust in a swirling fluidized-bed combustor using an axial flow swirlerSongpol Chakritthakul
School of Manufacturing Systems and Mechanical Engineering, Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thammasat University, P O Box 22, Thammasat Rangsit Post Office, Pathum Thani 12121, Thailand
Bioresour Technol 102:8268-78. 2011..80% for each fuel option via variation of primary air, while secondary air was injected tangentially into the bed splash zone at a constant flowrate...
- Study of the coalescence/splash threshold of droplet impact on liquid films and its relevance in assessing airborne particle releaseC Motzkus
Laboratoire national de métrologie et d essais LNE National Metrology Institute and Testing Laboratory, Chemistry and Biology Division, Air Quality and Gaz Flowmetering Department, 1 rue Gaston Boissier, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Colloid Interface Sci 362:540-52. 2011..particle emission during the impact of droplets on a liquid film and to assess the use of coalescence/splash relations to predict airborne particle release...
- Poor compliance with standard precautions against infections during minor gynaecological proceduresDushyant Maharaj
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago, Wellington South, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 52:262-5. 2012b>Splash injuries occurring during minor surgical procedures are associated with a significant infective risk to the operator. It is a common misconception that minor operations carry low risks.
- Visual optics: Accommodation in a splashThomas W Cronin
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MA 21250, USA
Curr Biol 22:R871-3. 2012..Gannets are large seabirds that hunt fish from the air, making a plunge dive followed by active swimming pursuit of prey. A recent study shows that they convert from aerial to aquatic vision nearly instantly...
- Wilkie's syndrome: an uncommon cause of intestinal obstructionProsanta Kumar Bhattacharjee
Deptartment of Surgery, I P G M E and R S S K M Hospital, Kolkata, 700 020 West Bengal India
Indian J Surg 70:83-5. 2008..On examination the child was undernourished, had epigastric fullness and succusion splash was positive...
- Occupational exposure to blood and body fluids in a department of oral sciences: results of a thirteen-year surveillance studyM R A Gatto
School of Dental Hygiene, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, 40125 Bologna, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:459281. 2013..Aim of this analysis was to identify trends that will aid in the prevention of injury...
- Nrf2 participates in depressive disorders through an anti-inflammatory mechanismMaría Dolores Martín-de-Saavedra
Instituto Teofilo Hernando, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain Departamento de Farmacología y Terapéutica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:2010-22. 2013..as an increase in the immobility time in the tail-suspension test and by a decrease in the grooming time in the splash test, (ii) reduced levels of dopamine and serotonin and increased levels of glutamate in the prefrontal cortex, (..
- Nonbactericidal secreted phospholipase A2s are potential anti-inflammatory factors in the mammary glandEyal Seroussi
Institute of Animal Science, ARO, The Volcani Center, P O Box 6, Beit Dagan, 50250, Israel
Immunogenetics 65:861-71. 2013The recent burst of duplication and divergence of the bovine PLA2G2D genes is considered typical of immune response genes, and it was recently shown that PLA2G2D is abundantly expressed in mouse leukocytes and acts as an ..
- The role of secretory phospholipase A₂ in the central nervous system and neurological diseasesTatsurou Yagami
Division of Physiology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Himeji Dokkyo University, 2 1 7, Kami ohno, Himeji, Hyogo, 670 8524, Japan
Mol Neurobiol 49:863-76. 2014Secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2s) are small secreted proteins (14-18 kDa) and require submillimolar levels of Ca(2+) for liberating arachidonic acid from cell membrane lipids...
- A facile assay to monitor secretory phospholipase A₂ using 8-anilino-1-naphthalenesulfonic acidHamse K Vivek
Department of Biotechnology, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore 570006, India
Anal Biochem 461:27-35. 2014Secretory phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) are present in snake venoms, serum, and biological fluids of patients with various inflammatory, autoimmune and allergic disorders...
- Judging complex movement performances for excellence: a principal components analysis-based technique applied to competitive divingCole Young
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California at Irvine, United States Electronic address
Hum Mov Sci 36:107-22. 2014..their temporal weighting coefficients, as well as elements commonly assumed to affect scoring - gross body path, splash area, and board tip motion - to identify eigendives...
- Effects of crop canopies on rain splash detachmentBo Ma
State Key Laboratory of Soil Erosion and Dryland Farming on Loess Plateau, Institute of Soil and Water Conservation, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi Province, China College of Resources and Environment, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi Province, China
PLoS ONE 9:e99717. 2014Crops are one of the main factors affecting soil erosion in sloping fields. To determine the characteristics of splash erosion under crop canopies, corn, soybean, millet, and winter wheat were collected, and the relationship among splash ..
- Impact height and wall distance in bloodstain pattern analysis--what patterns of round bloodstains can tell usM Kettner
Department of Experimental Forensic Medicine, Institute of Forensic Medicine, Saarland University Medical School, Homburg Saar, Germany
Int J Legal Med 129:133-40. 2015..a result of different fractions of blood that were projected in a garland or crown-like form of a "Worthington splash" after impact...
- Artificial tektites: an experimental technique for capturing the shapes of spinning dropsKyle A Baldwin
School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
Sci Rep 5:7660. 2015..The wax models resemble splash-form tektites, glassy stones formed from molten rock ejected from asteroid impacts...
- Blockade of NMDA receptors reverses the depressant, but not anxiogenic effect of adolescence social isolation in miceArya Haj-Mirzaian
Experimental Medicine Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Pharmacol 750:160-6. 2015..decreased the immobility time in the forced swimming test as well as an increase in grooming behavior in splash test...
- Seeing liquids from static snapshotsVivian C Paulun
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Gießen, Germany Electronic address
Vision Res 115:163-74. 2015..Here, however, we show that shape also provides powerful visual cues to material properties. When liquids pour, splash or ooze, they organize themselves into characteristic shapes, which are highly diagnostic of the material's ..
- Critical role of phospholipase A2 group IID in age-related susceptibility to severe acute respiratory syndrome-CoV infectionRahul Vijay
Interdisciplinary Program in Immunology and Department of Otolaryngology, Department of Pathology, and Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
J Exp Med 212:1851-68. 2015..Here, we show that age-dependent increases of one such factor in the lungs, a phospholipase A2 (PLA2) group IID (PLA2G2D) with antiinflammatory properties, contributed to worse outcomes in mice infected with severe acute respiratory ..
- Population Variation in the Life History of a Land Fish, Alticus arnoldorum, and the Effects of Predation and DensityEdward R M Platt
Evolution and Ecology Research Centre, and the School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of New South Wales, Kensington NSW 2052, Australia
PLoS ONE 10:e0137244. 2015..This fish from the island of Guam spends its adult life out of the water on rocks in the splash zone, where it is vulnerable to predation and can be expected to be sensitive to changes in population density ..
- CNS myelin structural modification induced in vitro by phospholipases A2Pablo J Yunes Quartino
Departamento de Química Biológica CIQUIBIC CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad de Nacional de Córdoba, Haya de la Torre S N, X5000HUA, Cordoba, Argentina
Biochim Biophys Acta 1858:123-9. 2016..It was observed that myelin treated with all the tested sPLA2s (from cobra and bee venoms and from pig pancreas) preserved the lamellar structure but displayed an enlarged ..
- Droplet impact on deep liquid pools: Rayleigh jet to formation of secondary dropletsEduardo Castillo-Orozco
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida 32816, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 92:053022. 2015..Ohnesorge number (Oh) and impact Weber number (We), a regime map for no breakup, Rayleigh jet breakup, and crown splash is suggested...
- Involvement of D1 and D2 dopamine receptors in the antidepressant-like effects of selegiline in maternal separation model of mouseShayan Amiri
Regenerative Medicine Program, Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, College of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Physiol Behav 163:107-14. 2016..2-14 followed by behavioral tests for determining depressive-like behaviors, such as forced swimming test (FST), splash test and sucrose preference test (SPT) in adult mice (PND 50)...
- The upside-down water collection system of Syntrichia caninervisZhao Pan
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University, 435 CTB, Provo, Utah 84602, USA
Nat Plants 2:16076. 2016..and films on the leaf hair from humid atmospheres; collection of fog droplets on leaf hairs; collection of splash water from raindrops; and transportation of the acquired water to the leaf itself...
- Sound Wave Energy Resulting from the Impact of Water Drops on the Soil SurfaceMagdalena Ryżak
Institute of Agrophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Doswiadczalna 4, 20 290 Lublin, Poland
PLoS ONE 11:e0158472. 2016..Here, we present a new aspect of the splash phenomenon's characterization the measurement of the sound pressure level and the sound energy of the wave that ..
- Antidepressant-like effect of pramipexole in an inflammatory model of depressionVicente Lieberknecht
Department of Biochemistry, Center of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Santa Catarina, 88040 900, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Behav Brain Res 320:365-373. 2017..1mg/kg, i.p.) in the forced swim test, and the anhedonic behavior in the splash test...
- Management of Upper Extremity Injury in DiversSteven C Haase
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA Electronic address
Hand Clin 33:73-80. 2017..Hand positions that minimize the amount of splash result in forceful wrist extension...
- Splish splash... Adding alcohol-based handrubs to hand hygiene routines contributes to patient safety, saves lives and adds to operational efficiencyJanice Olson
Contemp Longterm Care 27:34-5. 2004
- Inbreeding depression in urban environments of the bird's nest fungus Cyathus stercoreus (Nidulariaceae: Basidiomycota)B D Malloure
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Heredity (Edinb) 110:355-62. 2013..dispersal and inbreeding in the bird's nest fungus Cyathus stercoreus, a dung and mulch-associated fungus with a splash cup fruiting body appearing like a miniature bird's nest of 'eggs' or peridioles that contain thousands of mating ..
- Assessing phospholipase A2 activity toward cardiolipin by mass spectrometryYuan Hao Hsu
Department of Chemistry, Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e59267. 2013..The sPLA2s caused an accumulation of dilyso-cardiolipin, in contrast to iPLA2 which caused an accumulation of monolyso-..
- Laboratory evaluation of thermal protective clothing performance upon hot liquid splashFarzan Gholamreza
Human Ecology Department, University of Alberta, Human Ecology Building, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2N1, Canada
Ann Occup Hyg 57:805-22. 2013This study provides an understanding of heat and mass transfer through materials exposed to hot liquid splash, a relatively unexplored hazard in the safety clothing industry...
- Effect of Cherenkov radiation on the jitter of solitons in the driven underdamped Frenkel-Kontorova modelI I Soloviev
Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow 119991, Russia
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 87:060901. 2013..In contrast to the continuous case, we have observed a dramatic splash of the jitter...
- Impact of granular dropsJ O Marston
Division of Physical Sciences and Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal 23955 6900, Saudi Arabia
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 88:010201. 2013..The speeds of the grains ejected during the "splash" are measured and they rarely exceed twice that of the impact speed.
- Secreted phospholipases A2 of snake venoms: effects on the peripheral neuromuscular system with comments on the role of phospholipases A2 in disorders of the CNS and their uses in industryJohn B Harris
Medical Toxicology Centre and Institute of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Toxins (Basel) 5:2533-71. 2013..This review provides an introduction to the biochemical properties of secreted sPLA2s in the venoms of many dangerous snakes and a detailed discussion of their role in the initiation of the ..
- Laboratory evaluation of a potential diesel fuel interference in the determination of polycyclic aromatic compounds on dermal samplersRobert A Weker
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 1:334-42. 2004..Diesel fuel used for cleaning can splash onto the dermal sampler...
- Basic amino acid residues in the beta-structure region contribute, but not critically, to presynaptic neurotoxicity of ammodytoxin AGabriela Ivanovski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jozef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1702:217-25. 2004The molecular mechanism of action of presynaptically toxic secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) isolated from snake venoms is not completely understood...
- Effects of desipramine and tramadol in a chronic mild stress model in mice are altered by yohimbine but not by pindololIpek Yalcin
EA 3248 Psychobiologie des Emotions, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Universite Francois Rabelais, Parc Grandmont F 37200 Tours, France
Eur J Pharmacol 514:165-74. 2005..mild stress regimen induced a degradation of the state of the coat and decreased the grooming behaviour in the splash test. These physical and behavioural abnormalities were counteracted by tramadol and desipramine...
- Diphoterine for emergent decontamination of skin/eye chemical splashes: 24 casesJochen Nehles
Mannesmann Hoesch Prazisrohr, Remscheid, Germany
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 25:249-58. 2006..There were 11 acid eye splashes, 8 acid skin splashes, 4 base eye splashes, and 1 base skin splash. Following Diphoterine decontamination, no burns developed and there were no requirements for burn treatment or ..
- Effect of time of day and duration into shift on hazardous exposures to biological fluidsD J Macias
University of New Mexico, Department of Emergency Medicine, Albuquerque, USA
Acad Emerg Med 3:605-10. 1996..To determine whether hospital employee biological hazardous exposure rates varied with time of day or increased with time interval into shift...
- Secreted phospholipase A2-induced neurotoxicity and epileptic seizures after intracerebral administration: an unexplained heterogeneity as emphasized with paradoxin and crotoxinF Dorandeu
Department of Toxicology, Unit of Neuropharmacology, Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, La Tronche, France
J Neurosci Res 54:848-62. 1998..The results obtained with the other enzymes showed that toxic sPLA2s can effectively be differentiated based on two criteria: the presence of cortically recorded epileptic paroxysmal ..
- Cloning and recombinant expression of a novel mouse-secreted phospholipase A2E Valentin
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS, UPR 411, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Biol Chem 274:19152-60. 1999Secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) form a class of structurally related enzymes that are involved in a variety of physiological and pathological effects including inflammation and associated diseases, cell proliferation, cell adhesion, ..
- Recommendations for prevention of and therapy for exposure to B virus (cercopithecine herpesvirus 1)Jeffrey I Cohen
Medical Virology Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:1191-203. 2002..inoculation with infected materials; however, the first fatal case of B virus infection due to mucosal splash exposure was reported in 1998...
- Cellular arachidonate-releasing function of novel classes of secretory phospholipase A2s (groups III and XII)Makoto Murakami
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:10657-67. 2003..Based on the present results as well as our current analyses on the group I/II/V/X sPLA(2)s, general properties of cellular actions of a full set of mammalian sPLA(2)s in regulating AA metabolism are discussed...
- Secretory phospholipase A2Makoto Murakami
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1158-64. 2004..b>sPLA2s are distributed in a wide variety of vertebrate and invertebrate animals, plants, bacteria, and viruses, and there ..
- Characterization of a cDNA encoding Arabidopsis secretory phospholipase A2-alpha, an enzyme that generates bioactive lysophospholipids and free fatty acidsStephen B Ryu
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, 1575 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1736:144-51. 2005..Different from animal sPLA2s, AtsPLA2-alpha showed a significant preference for the acyl group linoleic acid over palmitic acid in phospholipid ..
- Selective oviposition of the mayfly Baetis bicaudatusAndrea C Encalada
Department of Entomology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 14850, USA
Oecologia 148:526-37. 2006..and experiments showed that females preferred to oviposit under relatively large rocks located in places with high splash associated with fast current, which may provide visual, mechanical or both cues to females...
- Hand surgery on patients who are "high risk" for blood-borne virusesS A Al-Ani
Department of Plastic Surgery, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham, UK
J Hand Surg Br 31:426-31. 2006..When possible, wounds should be closed with staples, glue or absorbable sutures. Appropriate steps must be taken to reduce the risk of injuries from sharp bone ends, K-wires and splash exposure during irrigation.
- Recombinant production and properties of binding of the full set of mouse secreted phospholipases A2 to the mouse M-type receptorMorgane Rouault
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UMR 6097, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
Biochemistry 46:1647-62. 2007To date, 12 secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) have been identified in the mouse species and divided into three structural collections (I/II/V/X, III, and XII)...
- Salmonella transmission through splash exposure during a bovine necropsyDavid A Bemis
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 4:387-90. 2007..The isolates had indistinguishable phenotypic and genotypic characteristics. A splash exposure was the suspected means of transmission of the human infection...
- Regulation and Function of Cytosolic Phospholipase A2Michael H Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will also study the role of cPLA2s and secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) in lipid mediator production from human platelets stimulated with a variety of agonists...
- Mechanisms of abdominal aortic aneurysm formationAlan Daugherty; Fiscal Year: 2010..Project 4 (Nancy R. Webb) will determine the role of specific isoenzymes of secretory phospholipase A2s in promoting inflammation at the site of macrophage recruitment during the evolving AAA...
- Teal S Hallstrand; Fiscal Year: 2016..hypothesis that the airway epithelium serves as a regulator of eicosanoid production through the expression of sPLA2s. A total of 10 mammalian sPLA2s have been described...
- Scott J Russo; Fiscal Year: 2014..the forced swim test (FST), anhedonic responses on sucrose preference tests (SPT), decreased time grooming on the splash test, increased latency to feed on novelty suppressed feeding (NSF), and increased serum corticosterone levels...
- Michael H Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2016..by a family of enzymes called phospholipase A2, The mammalian genome encodes 10 secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s), and the role of these enzymes in mediating arachidonic acid release is under active investigation...
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF 14 KDA PHOSPHOLIPASES A2Michael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mammalian cells contain two types of PLA2s that are involved in arachidonic acid production. The secreted PLA2s (sPLA2s) are 14-18 kDa, calcium-dependent enzymes that are secreted from a large number of mammalian cells following ..
- Multimedia Motivational Interviewing Training for Physical TherapistsROBIN INLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..After its completion, the prototype will be fully functional and will include a splash screen that introduces the product and demonstrates its overall ?look and feel ?; and also a main menu that will ..
- SPLA2 AND SURFACTANT IN ASTHMADavid Bass; Fiscal Year: 2003..Little is known about the pulmonary distribution or functions of these potentially toxic sPLA2S. The central hypothesis of the proposal is that the five isotypes of sPLA2 will have distinct cellular ..
- MECHANISMS OF AIRWAY HYPERRESPONSIVENESSAlan Leff; Fiscal Year: 2005..The final (third) aim of this proposal will examine the molecular mechanism of binding of sPLA2s to the plasma membrane...
- Role of Vimentin, sPLA2 and LysoPC in Autoimmune DiseaseSUZANNE BARBOUR; Fiscal Year: 2005..To test this hypothesis, we will further characterize the interactions between vimentin and the sPLA2s, in particular the group V enzyme that readily hydrolyzes the zwitterionic phospholipids in the outer leaflet of ..
- Helicobacter pylori: Pathogenesis and VirulenceKenneth Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- SURVIVAL AND DEATH OF NEURONSTIMOTHY CUNNINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is expected that these experiments will provide further insights into mechanisms and potential therapies for neuron degeneration after CNS injury and in nervous system diseases. ..
- Interaction of BMP, WNT and SHH in the Vertebrate LimbJuan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Notch Signaling and Left-Right Asymmetry DeterminationJuan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study of the early stages of L-R determination and the identification of new genes involved in various vertebrate model organisms would undoubtedly shed new light on the genetic factors contributing to laterality defects in humans. ..