Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PKN3
Description: protein kinase N3
Alias: UTDP4-1, serine/threonine-protein kinase N3, protein kinase PKN-beta, protein-kinase C-related kinase 3
- Identification and characterization of PKNbeta, a novel isoform of protein kinase PKN: expression and arachidonic acid dependency are different from those of PKNalphaK Oishi
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Faculty of Science, Kobe, 657 8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 261:808-14. 1999..The identification of this novel isoform underscores the diversity of PKN signaling pathway...
- PKN3 is required for malignant prostate cell growth downstream of activated PI 3-kinaseFrauke Leenders
Atugen AG, Berlin, Germany
EMBO J 23:3303-13. 2004..Using this approach we identified and validated PKN3, a barely characterized protein kinase C-related molecule, as a novel effector mediating malignant cell growth ..
- PKNbeta interacts with the SH3 domains of Graf and a novel Graf related protein, Graf2, which are GTPase activating proteins for Rho familyH Shibata
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
J Biochem 130:23-31. 2001..The catalytically active form of PKNbeta phosphorylated Graf and Graf2 in vitro. The interplay of PKNbeta and the GTPase-activating proteins, Graf and Graf2, may offer a novel mechanism regulating the Rho-mediated signaling...
- PKN2 is essential for mouse embryonic development and proliferation of mouse fibroblastsSally Danno
Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, Kobe, 650 0017, Japan
Genes Cells . 2017..Comparison of the PKN2-/- phenotype with the phenotypes of PKN1 and PKN3 knockout strains suggests that PKN2 has distinct nonredundant functions in vivo, despite the structural similarity ..
- Identification of a putative target for Rho as the serine-threonine kinase protein kinase NM Amano
Division of Signal Transduction, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Japan
Science 271:648-50. 1996..PKN was phosphorylated in Swiss 3T3 cells stimulated with LPA, and this phosphorylation was blocked by treatment of cells with botulinum C3 exoenzyme. Activation of Rho may be linked directly to a serine-threonine kinase pathway...
- First-in-human phase I study of Atu027, a liposomal small interfering RNA formulation, targeting protein kinase N3 (PKN3) in patients with advanced solid tumorsD Strumberg
Marienhospital Herne, Herne, Germany University of Bochum, Marienhospital Herne, Herne, Germany Silence Therapeutics AG, Berlin, Germany Gemeinschaftskrankenhaus Herdecke, Herdecke, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:3057. 2011..is a novel RNAi therapeutic based on cationic lipoplexes containing chemically stabilized siRNAs, which targets PKN3 gene expression in the vascular endothelium...
- Enzyme kinetics and distinct modulation of the protein kinase N family of kinases by lipid activators and small molecule inhibitorsMatthew D Falk
Pfizer Oncology Research Unit, Pfizer Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, U S A
Biosci Rep 34:. 2014..Inhibition of tumour PKN activity has been explored as an oncology therapeutic approach, with a PKN3-targeted RNAi (RNA interference)-derived therapeutic agent in Phase I clinical trials...
- PKN3 is the major regulator of angiogenesis and tumor metastasis in miceHideyuki Mukai
Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Sci Rep 6:18979. 2016..Furthermore, the enrichment of PKN3 mRNA in some cancer cell lines as well as its requirement in malignant prostate cell growth suggested its ..
- Identification of Host Kinase Genes Required for Influenza Virus Replication and the Regulatory Role of MicroRNAsAbhijeet Bakre
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e66796. 2013..HPKs (NPR2, MAP3K1, DYRK3, EPHA6, TPK1, PDK2, EXOSC10, NEK8, PLK4, SGK3, NEK3, PANK4, ITPKB, CDC2L5 (CDK13), CALM2, PKN3, and HK2) were validated as essential for A/WSN/33 influenza virus replication, and 6 HPKs (CDK13, HK2, NEK8, PANK4,..
- The interaction of PKN3 with RhoC promotes malignant growthKeziban Unsal-Kaçmaz
Oncology Research Unit, Pfizer Oncology, Pfizer Worldwide Research and Development, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Mol Oncol 6:284-98. 2012b>PKN3 is an AGC-family protein kinase implicated in growth of metastatic prostate cancer cells with phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway deregulation...
- Depletion of protein kinase N3 (PKN3) impairs actin and adherens junctions dynamics and attenuates endothelial cell activationKristin Möpert
Silence Therapeutics AG, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 91:694-705. 2012..Here we report that protein kinase N3 (PKN3) appears to play a pivotal role in maintaining endothelial cell morphology, cell-cell junctions and motility...
- Purification and kinase assay of PKNHideyuki Mukai
Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Japan
Methods Enzymol 406:234-50. 2006..PKN has three isoforms each derived from different genes, PKN1 (PKNalpha/PRK1/PAK1), PKN2 (PRK2/PAK2/PKNgamma), and PKN3 (PKNbeta)...
- Regulatory domain selectivity in the cell-type specific PKN-dependence of cell migrationSylvie Lachmann
Protein Phosphorylation Laboratory, London Research Institute, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e21732. 2011..It has been reported that PKN3 is required for prostate tumour cell invasion but not PKN1 or 2...
- Site recognition and substrate screens for PKN family proteinsAlejandra Collazos
Protein Phosphorylation Laboratory, London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Biochem J 438:535-43. 2011..In the present study, we have re-evaluated and compared the specificity of PKN1 and PKN3 and assessed the predictive value in substrates...
- Recurrent deletion of 9q34 in adult normal karyotype precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaNorma J Nowak
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 199:15-20. 2010..The results demonstrate cryptic deletions of 9q34 involving SET, PKN3, NUP188, ABL1, and NUP214 in three of the samples...
- Atu027, a liposomal small interfering RNA formulation targeting protein kinase N3, inhibits cancer progressionManuela Aleku
Silence Therapeutics AG, Berlin, Germany
Cancer Res 68:9788-98. 2008..Here we report preclinical data for Atu027, a siRNA-lipoplex directed against protein kinase N3 (PKN3), currently under development for the treatment of advanced solid cancer...
- PKN regulates phospholipase D1 through direct interactionK Oishi
Graduate School of Science and Technology, and the Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:18096-101. 2001..The stimulation of PLD1 activity by PKNalpha was slightly enhanced by the addition of arachidonic acid. These results suggest that the PKN family functions as a novel intracellular player of PLD1 signaling pathway...