Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PISSLRE
Description: cyclin dependent kinase 10
Alias: PISSLRE, cyclin-dependent kinase 10, CDC2-related protein kinase, cell division protein kinase 10, cyclin-dependent kinase (CDC2-like) 10, cyclin-dependent kinase related protein, serine/threonine protein kinase PISSLRE
- A genome-wide association study identifies novel alleles associated with hair color and skin pigmentationJiali Han
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000074. 2008..The signals detected in a region around the MC1R gene were explained by MC1R red hair color alleles. Our results suggest that the IRF4 and SLC24A4 loci are associated with human hair color and skin pigmentation...
- Identification of CDK10 as an important determinant of resistance to endocrine therapy for breast cancerElizabeth Iorns
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Cancer Cell 13:91-104. 2008..The association of low levels of CDK10 with methylation of the CDK10 promoter suggests a mechanism by which CDK10 expression is reduced in tumors...
- The cdc-2-related kinase, PISSLRE, is essential for cell growth and acts in G2 phase of the cell cycleS Li
Jefferson Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cancer Res 55:3992-5. 1995..Recently, a new cdc2-related protein kinase has been discovered. PISSLRE, named with respect to its homology to the cdc2 PSTAIRE amino acid domain...
- Genome-wide association study identifies three loci associated with melanoma riskD Timothy Bishop
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre at Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Nat Genet 41:920-5. 2009..Despite wide variation in allele frequency, these genetic variants show notable homogeneity of effect across populations of European ancestry living at different latitudes and show independent association to disease risk...
- CDK10 is not a target for aberrant DNA methylation in breast cancerGerwin Heller
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Anticancer Res 29:3939-44. 2009..Loss of cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 10 expression may be an important mechanism of tamoxifen resistance and the 5' CpG island associated with the CDK10 gene has been suggested to be a target for aberrant methylation in breast cancer...
- Chromosomal mapping of members of the cdc2 family of protein kinases, cdk3, cdk6, PISSLRE, and PITALRE, and a cdk inhibitor, p27Kip1, to regions involved in human cancerF Bullrich
Jefferson Cancer Insititute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Cancer Res 55:1199-205. 1995..Here we report the chromosomal mapping of two cdks, cdk3 and cdk6, two putative cdks, PISSLRE and PITALRE, and one cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, p27, to chromosomal regions which may be altered in human ..
- Cdk10, a Cdc2-related kinase, associates with the Ets2 transcription factor and modulates its transactivation activityM Kasten
Department of Pathology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, PA 19107, USA
Oncogene 20:1832-8. 2001..We find that Cdk10 binds full length Ets2 in vitro and in vivo and inhibits Ets2 transactivation in mammalian cells...
- Cyclin G2 promotes cell cycle arrest in breast cancer cells responding to fulvestrant and metformin and correlates with patient survivalMaike Zimmermann
a Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Cell Cycle 15:3278-3295. 2016..Together these findings indicate that CycG2 contributes to signaling networks that limit BC...
- Functions of CRK1 Gene of Candida albicans as Studied by Gene Knock-outQin Wang
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 31:545-552. 1999..The Crk1p might promote the invasive growth or cell elongation through a route different from the MAPK signal transduction pathway...
- CDKG1 protein kinase is essential for synapsis and male meiosis at high ambient temperature in Arabidopsis thalianaTao Zheng
John Innes Centre, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:2182-7. 2014....
- In a nongenomic action, steroid hormone 20-hydroxyecdysone induces phosphorylation of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 to promote gene transcriptionWen Liu
The Key Laboratory of Plant Cell Engineering and Germplasm Innovation, Ministry of Education, Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Animal Cells and Developmental Biology, School of Life Science, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Endocrinology 155:1738-50. 2014..CDK10 depletion suppressed the formation of the Hsps-EcRB1 complex at the hormone receptor 3 promoter. These results suggest that 20E induces CDK10 phosphorylation via a nongenomic pathway to regulate gene transcription in the nucleus...
- PFTK1 interacts with cyclin Y to activate non-canonical Wnt signaling in hepatocellular carcinomaTingting Sun
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 449:163-8. 2014..In line with Rho GTPases activation, we also found marked actin polymerizations in cells with PFTK1-CCNY co-expressions. Our findings highlight a PFTK1-CCNY complex in activating noncanonical Wnt signaling in HCC cells. ..
- Updated field synopsis and systematic meta-analyses of genetic association studies in cutaneous melanoma: the MelGene databaseKyriaki Antonopoulou
Department of Dermatology, University of Athens School of Medicine, Andreas Sygros Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Invest Dermatol 135:1074-9. 2015..Our approach serves as a useful model in analyzing and integrating the reported germline alterations involved in CM. ..
- An inhibitor-driven study for enhancing the selectivity of indirubin derivatives towards leishmanial Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 over leishmanial cdc2-related protein kinase 3Antonia Efstathiou
Laboratories of Pharmacognosy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis Zografou, 15771 Athens, Greece
Parasit Vectors 7:234. 2014....
- Identification and Characterization of the Cyclin-Dependent Kinases Gene Family in Silkworm, Bombyx moriYinü Li
Biotechnology Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, China
DNA Cell Biol 35:13-23. 2016..It was shown from the RNAi experiments that the silencing of CDK1, CDK10, CDK12, and CDC2L1 could influence the cells from G0/G1 to S phase transition. ..
- Genomic Copy Number Variations Characterize the Prognosis of Both P16-Positive and P16-Negative Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma After Curative ResectionArang Rhie
From the Department of Biomedical Science, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Genomic Medicine Institute GMI, Medical Research Center, Seoul National University, Seoul AR, J IIK Department of Pathology, Center for Specific Organs Cancer, Hematologic Malignancy Branch, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi WSP, MKC and Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Graduate School of Cancer Science and Policy, Specific Organs Cancer Branch, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Korea J HK, Jr, CHR, Y SJ
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e2187. 2015..Specific patterns of CNVs predict better survival, especially in p16+ OSCC. This might allow better insights of the outcome after curative resection for HPV+ and HPV- OSCC...
- Decreased CDK10 expression correlates with lymph node metastasis and predicts poor outcome in breast cancer patients - a short reportYanjie You
Pathological Examination and Research Center, Luohe Medical College, 148 Daxue Road, Luohe, 462002, China
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 38:485-91. 2015..Here, we examined the expression status of CDK10 in a panel of primary human breast cancers and evaluated its correlation with clinicopathological parameters and clinical outcome...
- PFTK1 regulates cell proliferation, migration and invasion in epithelial ovarian cancerWeiwei Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong 226001, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Int J Biol Macromol 85:405-16. 2016..Taken together, our study suggested that PFTK1 played an important role in ovarian cancer development. ..
- Knockdown of PFTK1 Expression by RNAi Inhibits the Proliferation and Invasion of Human Non-Small Lung Adenocarcinoma CellsMei Han Liu
Department of Ultrasonography, China Japan Union Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin Province, China
Oncol Res 24:181-7. 2016..Therefore, PFTK1 may represent a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Elevated C1orf63 expression is correlated with CDK10 and predicts better outcome for advanced breast cancers: a retrospective studyChao qun Hong
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory for Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment, Cancer Hospital of Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, 515041, China
BMC Cancer 15:548. 2015..Here we investigated the expression and clinical implication of C1orf63 in breast cancer...
- Vaccination with cyclin-dependent kinase tick antigen confers protection against Ixodes infestationHelga Gomes
Laboratório Integrado de Bioquímica Hatisaburo Masuda, NUPEM UFRJ, Campus Macaé, Avenida São José do Barreto, São José do Barreto, Macaé, RJ CEP 27971 220, Brazil Electronic address
Vet Parasitol 211:266-73. 2015..These findings may underpin the development of more efficacious anti-tick vaccines based on the targeting of cell cycle control proteins. ..
- Promoter hypermethylation contributes to the frequent suppression of the CDK10 gene in human nasopharyngeal carcinomasYanjie You
Department of Pharmacy, Luohe Medical College, 148 Daxue Road, Luohe 462002, China
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 36:323-31. 2013..Here we provide evidence that down-regulation of the CDK10 gene is mediated by promoter hypermethylation in primary human nasopharyngeal carcinomas (NPC) and NPC-derived cell lines...
- Knockdown of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (cdk10) gene impairs neural progenitor survival via modulation of raf1a gene expressionChi Wei Yeh
From the Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung City 40201, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 288:27927-39. 2013..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of cdk10 in vertebrate development and reveal its critical function in neurogenesis by modulation of raf1a expression. ..
- Identification and structural-functional analysis of cyclin-dependent kinases of the cattle tick Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplusHelga Gomes
Laboratório Integrado de Bioquímica Hatisaburo Masuda, NUPEM UFRJ, Campus Macaé, Avenida São José do Barreto, São José do Barreto, Macaé, RJ, Brazil Instituto de Bioquímica Médica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, CCS, Bloco H, Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e76128. 2013....
- Proteomic analysis reveals novel molecules involved in insulin signaling pathwayYiguo Wang
Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
J Proteome Res 5:846-55. 2006..Our results imply CASK as a novel joint knot connecting CASK-mediated pathways with the insulin signaling. Our data provide a wealth of information potentially paving the way to identify new components in the insulin signaling network...
- CDK10/cyclin M is a protein kinase that controls ETS2 degradation and is deficient in STAR syndromeVincent J Guen
P2I2 Group, Protein Phosphorylation and Human Disease Unit, Station Biologique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Unité de Service et de Recherche USR3151, 29680 Roscoff, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:19525-30. 2013..Altogether, our results reveal an additional regulatory mechanism for ETS2, which plays key roles in cancer and development. They also shed light on the molecular mechanisms underlying STAR syndrome. ..
- Homology modeling and docking study of cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 10Miao Sun
Institute of Theoretical Chemistry, State Key Laboratory of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, Jilin University, Changchun, PR China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:2851-6. 2005..The hydrogen bonding interactions also play an important role for the stability of the complex. Our results may be helpful for further experimental investigations...
- Alterations in cell cycle genes in early stage lung adenocarcinoma identified by expression profilingSunil Singhal
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 2:291-8. 2003..e., cdc2, cullin 4A, ZAC, p57, DP-1, GADD45, PISSLRE, cdc20) nor in any other tumors (i.e., cyclin F, cullin 5, p34)...
- Candida albicans Cdc37 interacts with the Crk1 kinase and is required for Crk1 productionJian Ni
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, PR China
FEBS Lett 561:223-30. 2004..albicans. In support of this, CaSTI1 was identified from a two-hybrid screen with the full-length Crk1 as the bait. CaSti1 showed two-hybrid interactions with both Crk1 and the CaCdc37...
- Proyl isomerase Pin1 facilitates ubiquitin-mediated degradation of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 to induce tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer cellsP Khanal
BK21 Project Team, College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Oncogene 31:3845-56. 2012..On the basis of these findings, we suggest that the Pin1-mediated CDK10 ubiquitination is a major regulator of tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cell growth and survival...
- Genome-wide association study identifies three new melanoma susceptibility lociJennifer H Barrett
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Leeds Cancer Research UK Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Nat Genet 43:1108-13. 2011..6 × 10(-7) under a fixed-effects model and P = 1.2 × 10(-3) under a random-effects model). These newly associated variants showed no association with nevus or pigmentation phenotypes in a large British case-control series...
- CDK10 functions as a tumor suppressor gene and regulates survivability of biliary tract cancer cellsJian Hua Yu
Department of Hepato pancreatobiliary Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:1266-76. 2012..Our results indicate that CDK10 plays a crucial role in the growth and survivability of biliary tract cancer, and offers a potential therapeutic target for this fatal disease...
- Gene expression profiling of follicular lymphoma and normal germinal center B cells using cDNA arraysHerve Husson
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 99:282-9. 2002..These findings provide a basis for future studies into the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of FL and may lead to the identification of potential therapeutic targets as well as antigens for immunotherapeutic strategies...
- Effects of the cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (CDK10) on the tamoxifen sensitivity of keloid samplesYing Liu
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Molecules 17:1307-18. 2012..The results suggested that CDK10 may play an important role in enhancement of tamoxifen efficiency, and its expression may have a synergistic effect on keloid treatments...
- Effects of partner proteins on BCA2 RING ligase activityStephanie Bacopulos
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Cancer 12:63. 2012..We have demonstrated previously that the RING E3 ligase BCA2 has autoubiquitination activity and is a very unstable protein. Previously, only Rab7, tetherin, ubiquitin and UBC9 were known to directly interact with BCA2...
- Clinical and biological significance of Cdk10 in hepatocellular carcinomaXiang Yu Zhong
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Gene 498:68-74. 2012..These data collectively demonstrate that reduced Cdk10 expression is closely linked to HCC development and progression. Restoration of its expression may have therapeutic benefits in treating this malignancy...
- Loss of c-Met accelerates development of liver fibrosis in response to CCl(4) exposure through deregulation of multiple molecular pathwaysJens U Marquardt
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:942-51. 2012....
- Identification of inhibitors of the Leishmania cdc2-related protein kinase CRK3Laura A T Cleghorn
Drug Discovery Unit, College of Life Sciences, James Black Centre, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
ChemMedChem 6:2214-24. 2011..The optimisation of these series using classical SAR studies afforded low-nanomolar CRK3 inhibitors with significant selectivity over the closely related human cyclin dependent kinase CDK2...
- Inhibitory effect of S-nitroso-glutathione on Eimeria tenella oocysts was mainly limited to the early stages of sporogonyJingui Li
School of Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, PR China jingui
Vet Parasitol 173:64-9. 2010..tenella oocysts could not be inactivated in vitro by GSNO. The inhibiting action of GSNO on oocysts was mainly limited to the early stages of sporulation, and this may partially associate with the inhibition of EtCRK2 mRNA expression...
- Identification of nuclear structural protein alterations associated with seminomasEddy S Leman
The Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Cell Biochem 108:1274-9. 2009..In the non-seminoma tissues, one of the identified proteins appears to be cell division protein kinase 10 (CDK10)...
- Cancer epigenomics: implications of DNA methylation in personalized cancer therapyMinoru Toyota
Department of Biochemistry, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:787-91. 2009..However, the comprehensive study of pharmacoepigenomics awaits the advent of genome-wide analysis of DNA methylation using microarrays and next-generation sequencers...
- Dissecting resistance to endocrine therapy in breast cancerChristopher J Lord
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Cell Cycle 7:1895-8. 2008..The results of a high-throughput RNA interference screen identifying novel determinants of tamoxifen resistance support this conjecture and demonstrate that such approaches can identify clinically relevant genes, such as CDK10...
- Elevated amounts of myocilin in the aqueous humor of transgenic mice cause significant changes in ocular gene expressionWalter Paper
Institute of Human Anatomy and Embryology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Exp Eye Res 87:257-67. 2008..Our findings support a role for myocilin in modulating cellular adhesion, and suggest functional processes that involve other proteins of the olfactomedin family...
- Identification of murine cdk10: association with Ets2 transcription factor and effects on the cell cycleLuigi Bagella
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Cell Biochem 99:978-85. 2006..the canonical regulatory Tyr and Thr residues present in all protein kinases and a PSTAIRE-like motif named PISSLRE. Although little is known about this protein, human cdk10 has been shown to encode two different isoforms, each ..
- The PISSLRE gene: structure, exon skipping, and exclusion as tumor suppressor in breast cancerJ Crawford
Department of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, Adelaide Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, 5006, Australia
Genomics 56:90-7. 1999..3. Among the genes mapped to this region, PISSLRE is a plausible candidate tumor suppressor gene...
- p40MO15, a cdc2-related protein kinase involved in negative regulation of meiotic maturation of Xenopus oocytesJ Shuttleworth
School of Biochemistry, University of Birmingham, UK
EMBO J 9:3233-40. 1990..This effect can be reversed by subsequent injection of synthetic MO15 mRNA. These results suggest that p40MO15 is involved in negatively regulating meiosis...
- Physical linkage of the cdc2-related gene (PCTK1) and the ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1 gene (UBE1) on human Xp11.3J C Knight
Department of Histopathology, UMDS, St Thomas Hospital, London, England
Cytogenet Cell Genet 71:155-7. 1995..3, indicating close physical linkage of these genes. PCTK1 is a new candidate for heritable disorders mapped to Xp11.3--p11.23 region...
- Cloning of a full-length cDNA sequence encoding a cdc2-related protein kinase from human endothelial cellsJ L Best
Department of Inflammation Autoimmune Diseases, Hoffmann La Roche Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 208:562-8. 1995..C-2k may therefore represent a new member of the cdc2 kinase family...
- Expression of CDK5 (PSSALRE kinase), a neural cdc2-related protein kinase, in the mature and developing mouse central and peripheral nervous systemsH Ino
Department of Anatomy, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
Brain Res 661:196-206. 1994..The expression pattern of CDK5 is quite in contrast with that of CDC2. The fact that CDK5 is expressed in terminally differentiated non-dividing neurons predicts an alternative function(s) in addition to controlling the cell cycle...
- Molecular cloning of PISSLRE, a novel putative member of the cdk family of protein serine/threonine kinasesR Brambilla
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 9:3037-41. 1994..One clone isolated from the bladder carcinoma cell line RT112 encodes a novel protein kinase named PISSLRE, based on its predicted sequence at the conserved PSTAIRE motif...
- PITALRE, a nuclear CDC2-related protein kinase that phosphorylates the retinoblastoma protein in vitroX Grana
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Department of Pathology, Temple University, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:3834-8. 1994..Interestingly, the retinoblastoma kinase activity associated with PITALRE does not oscillate during the cell cycle...
- Identification of a novel Drosophila gene encoding a Cdc2-related protein kinaseR Sugaya
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Tokyo
J Biochem 115:150-5. 1994..Moreover, a whole mount in situ hybridization experiment showed that the Dcdrk mRNA is ubiquitously distributed in almost all embryonic cells and tissues, suggesting a universal function of Dcdrk, possibly in cell cycle regulation...
- Alternative splicing of human cyclin EA Sewing
Institut für Molekularbiologie und Tumorforschung IMT, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
J Cell Sci 107:581-8. 1994..cerevisiae. Cyclin Es is the first splice variant of a cell cycle regulatory protein to be described. Our findings also indicate that the cyclin box in cyclin E mediates the interaction with cdk2...
- PISSLRE, a human novel CDC2-related protein kinaseX Grana
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Dept of Pathology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140
Oncogene 9:2097-103. 1994..sequence showed it to contain the XI subdomains present in all known protein kinases and a PSTAIRE-like motive, PISSLRE, which temporarily names this kinase...
- The cdc2-related protein p40MO15 is the catalytic subunit of a protein kinase that can activate p33cdk2 and p34cdc2R Y Poon
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, Potters Bar, Herts, UK
EMBO J 12:3123-32. 1993..We conclude that p40MO15 corresponds to CAK (cdc2/cdk2 activating kinase) and speculate that, like p33cdk2 and p34cdc2, p40MO15 requires activation by phosphorylation and association with a companion subunit...
- Novel CDC2-related protein kinases produced in murine hematopoietic stem cellsM Ershler
W A Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
Gene 124:305-6. 1993..In total, nine different PK-encoding sequences were obtained. At least four of them encode previously unknown PKs...
- Cyclin ET, a new splice variant of human cyclin E with a unique expression pattern during cell cycle progression and differentiationD Mumberg
Institut für Molekularbiologie und Tumorforschung IMT, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Emil Mannkopff Strasse 2, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 25:2098-105. 1997..These observations point to different functions for cyclin ET and E and show for the first time that the alternative splicing of cyclin E is a regulated mechanism governed by the cell cycle and differentiation...
- A novel cdc2-related protein kinase expressed in the nervous systemM A Lazzaro
Centre for Research in Neuroscience, McGill University and Montreal General Hospital Research Institute, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 69:348-64. 1997....
- Transcription elongation factor P-TEFb is required for HIV-1 tat transactivation in vitroY Zhu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 USA
Genes Dev 11:2622-32. 1997....
- Construction of a high-resolution physical and transcription map of chromosome 16q24.3: a region of frequent loss of heterozygosity in sporadic breast cancerS A Whitmore
Department of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, 5006, Australia
Genomics 50:1-8. 1998..A total of seven known genes, including PRSM1, PISSLRE, and the recently cloned Fanconi anemia A (FAA) gene, and potential transcripts from exon-trapping experiments ..
- Inactivation of the CDKL3 gene at 5q31.1 by a balanced t(X;5) translocation associated with nonspecific mild mental retardationAline Dubos
Department of Molecular Pathology, Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire CNRS INSERM ULP, Illkirch, France
Am J Med Genet A 146:1267-79. 2008..Together the data suggest that haploinsufficiency of CDKL3 in the t(X;5) patient contributes to her phenotype, and that the CDKL3 gene is a strong candidate for nonsyndromal autosomal dominant MR...
- Identification of NKIAMRE, the human homologue to the mitogen-activated protein kinase-/cyclin-dependent kinase-related protein kinase NKIATRE, and its loss in leukemic blasts with chromosome arm 5q deletionM Midmer
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, and The Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, Canada
Cancer Res 59:4069-74. 1999..NKIAMRE was deleted at both alleles in 9 of 18 leukemic samples with chromosome band 5q31 abnormalities studied by fluorescence in situ chromosomal hybridization. NKIAMRE loss may be an important determinant of dysmyelopoiesis...
- Learning induces a CDC2-related protein kinase, KKIAMREH Gomi
Neuroscience Program, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 2520, USA
J Neurosci 19:9530-7. 1999..These results suggest that there is a new category of cdc2-related kinases in the brain whose function may be important in learning and memory...
- A 38 kb segment containing the cdc2 gene from the left arm of fission yeast chromosome II: sequence analysis and characterization of the genomic DNA and cDNAs encoded on the segmentM Machida
Molecular Biology Department, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Higashi 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Yeast 16:71-80. 2000..Finally, cDNAs of all the newly identified genes were detected by RACE, proving the actual expression of these genes. The nucleotide sequence has been submitted to the EMBL database under Accession No. AB004534...
- Human CDK10 gene isoformsJ C Sergere
Service de Recherche en Hémato Immunologie, DRM DSV CEA, Centre Hayem, avenue Claude Vellefaux, Paris Cedex 10, 75475, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276:271-7. 2000The CDK10/PISSLRE gene has been shown to encode two different CDK-like putative kinases. The function(s) of the gene products are unknown, although a role at the G2/M transition has been suggested. We characterised two novel cDNAs...
- CrkRS: a novel conserved Cdc2-related protein kinase that colocalises with SC35 specklesT K Ko
Wellcome CRC Institute, Cambridge, UK
J Cell Sci 114:2591-603. 2001..Anti-CrkRS immunoprecipitates phosphorylate the C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II in vitro. Thus CrkRS may be a novel, conserved link between the transcription and splicing machinery...
- Interaction of p58(PITSLRE), a G2/M-specific protein kinase, with cyclin D3Songwen Zhang
Gene Research Center, Fudan University Medical Center Former Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China 200032
J Biol Chem 277:35314-22. 2002..These data provide a new clue to our understanding of the cellular function of p58(PITSLRE) and cyclin D3...
- Gene expression profiling of melanocytic lesionsJohn T Seykora
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 25:6-11. 2003..Based on this study, DNA microarray technology appears to be a valuable tool for identifying genes that may be specifically expressed in cutaneous lesions...
- Gene expression networks underlying retinoic acid-induced differentiation of human retinoblastoma cellsAimin Li
Mary D Allen Laboratory for Vision Research, Doheny Eye Institute, and Department of Cell and Neurobiology, The Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 9112, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:996-1007. 2003..To understand the genetic regulatory pathways underlying the retinoic acid (RA) induction of cone arrestin, gene array technology and other molecular tools were used to profile global gene expression changes in human retinoblastoma cells...
- Gene expression profiling of human stenotic aorto-coronary bypass grafts by cDNA array analysisMichael Hilker
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 23:620-5. 2003..This study is aimed at identifying differentially expressed genes in human stenotic bypass grafts to detect unknown pathomechanism and to identify novel targets for prophylactic treatment options...
- Histone acetylation-mediated regulation of genes in leukaemic cellsA E Chambers
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Laboratory, The Medical College of St Bartholomew s Hospital, Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6QB, UK
Eur J Cancer 39:1165-75. 2003..The most rapidly repressed gene was MKRN3, an imprinted gene involved in the Prader-Willi syndrome...
- Protein expression pattern of CDK11(p58) during testicular development in the mouseZiyue Niu
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and Gene Research Center, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 270:99-106. 2005..The colocalization of CDK11(p58) and cyclinD3 in the adult testis was revealed by immunofluorescence analysis...
- Identification and characterization of the CDK12/cyclin L1 complex involved in alternative splicing regulationHung Hsi Chen
Institute of Neuroscience, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 11221, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Cell Biol 26:2736-45. 2006..Together, our findings indicate that CDK12 and cyclin L1/L2 are cyclin-dependent kinase and cyclin partners and regulate alternative splicing...
- Neuronal cdc2-like kinase: a cdc2-related protein kinase with predominantly neuronal expressionM R Hellmich
Laboratory of Biological Chemistry, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:10867-71. 1992....
- A Cdc2-related protein kinase hPFTAIRE1 from human brain interacting with 14-3-3 proteinsYankun Gao
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Cell Res 16:539-47. 2006....
- Unraveling the complexity of endocrine resistance in breast cancer by functional genomicsCharles Swanton
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Signal Transduction Laboratory, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Cancer Cell 13:83-5. 2008..CDK10 is thus a potential biomarker for sensitivity in prospective clinical trials of patients treated with endocrine therapies...
- Transcriptional regulation by protein kinase CDC2L5JASPER YIK; Fiscal Year: 2006..The information gains from this study could be useful for developing new methods for AIDS therapy by specifically targeting these cellular events governed by CDC2L5. ..
- Mechanisms of Cone Pigment DeactivationCheryl Craft; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies of the photo-transduction cascade and the molecular triggers for initiation and termination of high acuity vision are vital for sustaining lifelong vision. ..