Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PIK3CG
Description: phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate 3-kinase catalytic subunit gamma
Alias: PI3CG, PI3K, PI3Kgamma, PIK3, p110gamma, p120-PI3K, phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate 3-kinase catalytic subunit gamma isoform, 1-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, PI3-kinase subunit gamma, phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase gamma, p110 gamma, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase catalytic 110-kD gamma, phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate 3-kinase 110 kDa catalytic subunit gamma, phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate 3-kinase catalytic subunit gamma isoform, phosphoinositide-3-kinase gamma catalytic subunit, ptdIns-3-kinase subunit gamma, ptdIns-3-kinase subunit p110-gamma, serine/threonine protein kinase PIK3CG
Publications1576 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning and characterization of a G protein-activated human phosphoinositide-3 kinaseB Stoyanov
Max Planck Research Unit in Growth Factor Signal Transduction, Medical Faculty, University of Jena, Germany
Science 269:690-3. 1995..The p110 gamma isotype may link signaling through G protein-coupled receptors to the generation of phosphoinositide second messengers phosphorylated in the D-3 position...
- Extracellular HIV-1 Tat protein activates phosphatidylinositol 3- and Akt/PKB kinases in CD4+ T lymphoblastoid Jurkat cellsP Borgatti
Institute of Human Anatomy, University of Ferrara, Italy
Eur J Immunol 27:2805-11. 1997..Taken together, these data suggest that the anti-apoptotic activity of low concentrations of Tat protein on Jurkat cells is mediated by a PI 3-kinase/Akt pathway...
- Characterizing the interactions between the two subunits of the p101/p110gamma phosphoinositide 3-kinase and their role in the activation of this enzyme by G beta gamma subunitsS Krugmann
Signalling Programme, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:17152-8. 1999..The enzyme comprises a p110gamma catalytic subunit and a p101 regulatory subunit...
- Crystal structure and functional analysis of Ras binding to its effector phosphoinositide 3-kinase gammaM E Pacold
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Hills Road CB2 2QH, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cell 103:931-43. 2000Ras activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) is important for survival of transformed cells. We find that PI3Kgamma is strongly and directly activated by H-Ras G12V in vivo or by GTPgammaS-loaded H-Ras in vitro...
- HIV-1 Nef blocks transport of MHC class I molecules to the cell surface via a PI 3-kinase-dependent pathwayS A Swann
Departments of Medicine and Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Virology 282:267-77. 2001..We propose that Nef diverts MHC-1 proteins into a PI 3-kinase-dependent transport pathway that prevents expression on the cell surface...
- HIV-1-Tat protein activates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/ AKT-dependent survival pathways in Kaposi's sarcoma cellsMaria Chiara Deregibus
Cattedra di Nefrologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna Università di Torino, Centro Ricerca Medicina Sperimentale CeRMS, Italy
J Biol Chem 277:25195-202. 2002....
- Roles of G beta gamma in membrane recruitment and activation of p110 gamma/p101 phosphoinositide 3-kinase gammaCarsten Brock
Institut für Physiologische Chemie II, Klinikum der Heinrich Heine Universität, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Cell Biol 160:89-99. 2003Receptor-regulated class I phosphoinositide 3-kinases (PI3K) phosphorylate the membrane lipid phosphatidylinositol (PtdIns)-4,5-P2 to PtdIns-3,4,5-P3...
- HIV-1 Nef downregulates MHC-I by a PACS-1- and PI3K-regulated ARF6 endocytic pathwayAnastassia D Blagoveshchenskaya
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Cell 111:853-66. 2002..Here, we show that Nef and PACS-1 combine to usurp the ARF6 endocytic pathway by a PI3K-dependent process and downregulate cell surface MHC-I to the TGN...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulates human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication following viral entry in primary CD4+ T lymphocytes and macrophagesFleur Francois
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, 1 Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Virol 77:2539-49. 2003..This type of host-virus interaction has implications for anti-HIV therapeutics that target cellular signaling machinery...
- Nef-mediated disruption of HLA-A2 transport to the cell surface in T cellsMatthew R Kasper
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Virol 77:3041-9. 2003....
- Macrophage activation through CCR5- and CXCR4-mediated gp120-elicited signaling pathwaysChuHee Lee
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Leukoc Biol 74:676-82. 2003..Targeting these cellular signaling pathways may have benefit in controlling inflammatory sequelae of HIV infection such as in neurological disease...
- Infection of human immunodeficiency virus and intracellular viral Tat protein exert a pro-survival effect in a human microglial cell linePauline Chugh
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 672, Rochester, NY 14742, USA
J Mol Biol 366:67-81. 2007..showed that the pro-survival effects of intracellular Tat could be attributed to activation of the PI-3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt pathway in the microglial cell line...
- PI(3)Kgamma has an important context-dependent role in neutrophil chemokinesisG John Ferguson
The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, CB22 3AT, UK
Nat Cell Biol 9:86-91. 2007....
- Synthetic activation of endogenous PI3K and Rac identifies an AND-gate switch for cell polarization and migrationTakanari Inoue
Chemical and Systems Biology, Bio X Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3068. 2008Phosphatidylinositol 3-OH kinase (PI3K) has been widely studied as a principal regulator of cell polarization, migration, and chemotaxis...
- Magnolol induces apoptosis via inhibiting the EGFR/PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in human prostate cancer cellsDae Hee Lee
Department of Surgery and Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Biochem 106:1113-22. 2009..These results suggest that one of the mechanisms of the apoptotic activity of magnolol involves its effect on epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-mediated signaling transduction pathways...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat accelerates Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus Kaposin A-mediated tumorigenesis of transformed fibroblasts in vitro as well as in nude and immunocompetent miceXiuying Chen
Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Neoplasia 11:1272-84. 2009....
- Genome-wide meta-analyses identifies seven loci associated with platelet aggregation in response to agonistsAndrew D Johnson
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s The Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 42:608-13. 2010..6x10(-13)), PEAR1 (P=3.4x10(-12)), ADRA2A (P=3.3x10(-11)), PIK3CG (P=3.1x10(-9)), JMJD1C (P=1.6x10(-8)), MRVI1 (P=2.0x10(-8)) and SHH (P=4.5x10(-8))...
- PI(3)king apart PTEN's role in cancerSiyuan Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:4325-30. 2010..phosphatase, counteracting one of the most critical cancer-promoting pathways: the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling pathway...
- PI3Kγ mediates kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus vGPCR-induced sarcomagenesisDaniel Martin
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 19:805-13. 2011..We found that PI3Kγ, a PI3K isoform exhibiting restricted tissue distribution, is strictly required for signaling from the KSHV-..
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies from the CHARGE consortium identifies common variants associated with carotid intima media thickness and plaqueJoshua C Bis
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit and Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Genet 43:940-7. 2011..006) in the Coronary Artery Disease Genome-Wide Replication and Meta-Analysis (CARDIoGRAM) consortium. Our findings may provide new insight into pathways leading to subclinical atherosclerosis and subsequent cardiovascular events...
- HIV-1 Tat promotes Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) vIL-6-induced angiogenesis and tumorigenesis by regulating PI3K/PTEN/AKT/GSK-3β signaling pathwayFeng Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e53145. 2013..Mechanistic studies indicated Tat activates PI3K and AKT, and inactivates PTEN and GSK-3β in vIL-6 expressing cells...
- Gbetagamma stimulates phosphoinositide 3-kinase-gamma by direct interaction with two domains of the catalytic p110 subunitD Leopoldt
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Thielallee 69 73, D 14195 Berlin Dahlem, Germany
J Biol Chem 273:7024-9. 1998..They include PI3Kalpha, -beta, and -delta isoforms coupled to receptor tyrosine kinases and a PI3Kgamma isoform activated by receptor-stimulated G proteins...
- Structural insights into phosphoinositide 3-kinase catalysis and signallingE H Walker
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Cambridge, UK
Nature 402:313-20. 1999..Here we report the 2.2 A X-ray crystallographic structure of the catalytic subunit of PI3Kgamma, the class I enzyme that is activated by heterotrimeric G-protein betagamma subunits and Ras...
- Agonist-dependent recruitment of phosphoinositide 3-kinase to the membrane by beta-adrenergic receptor kinase 1. A role in receptor sequestrationS V Naga Prasad
Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 276:18953-9. 2001....
- The anti-apoptotic effect of Notch-1 requires p56lck-dependent, Akt/PKB-mediated signaling in T cellsHadassah Sade
National Centre for Biological Sciences, University of Agricultural Sciences Gandhi Krishi Vignan Kendra Campus, New Bellary Road, Bangalore 560065, Karnataka, India
J Biol Chem 279:2937-44. 2004..inhibitors and dominant-negative approaches, we describe a functional role for phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-dependent activation of the serine-threonine kinase Akt/PKB in the regulation of AcN1-mediated anti-apoptotic ..
- Reduction in the requirement of oncogenic Ras signaling to activation of PI3K/AKT pathway during tumor maintenanceKian Huat Lim
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer Cell 8:381-92. 2005..We now show in human cells that the Ras effector pathways MAPK, RalGEF, and PI3K are required to initiate tumor growth...
- Evidence that PI3K, Rac, Rho, and Rho kinase are involved in basic fibroblast growth factor-stimulated fibroblast-Collagen matrix contractionMasatoshi Abe
Department of Dermatology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
J Cell Biochem 102:1290-9. 2007..Three different inhibitors, LY294002 for phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K), C3 exotransferase for Rho and Y27632 for Rho kinase, suppressed the bFGF-stimulated fibroblast-collagen matrix ..
- Agonists cause nuclear translocation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase gamma. A Gbetagamma-dependent pathway that requires the p110gamma amino terminusA Metjian
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 274:27943-7. 1999..Of the four isoforms of human PI3K that phosphorylate phosphatidylinositol 4, 5-bisphosphate, only p110gamma (or PI3Kgamma) is associated with the regulatory subunit, p101, and is stimulated by G protein betagamma heterodimers...
- Stimulation of human neutrophils by chemotactic factors is associated with the activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase gammaP H Naccache
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie and the Department of Medicine and Physiology, Laval University, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:23636-41. 2000..were to determine whether the newly described, G protein-dependent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), p110gamma, was involved in the responses to chemotactic factors interacting with G protein-coupled receptors...
- Differential effects of palmitate on glucose uptake in rat-1 fibroblasts and 3T3-L1 adipocytesI Usui
First Department of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Japan
Horm Metab Res 31:546-52. 1999..These results suggest the primary effect of palmitate on adipocytes may not involve insulin resistance of adipocytes themselves...
- Akt mediates insulin induction of glucose uptake and up-regulation of GLUT4 gene expression in brown adipocytesR Hernandez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 494:225-31. 2001..Our results indicate that activation of Akt may be an essential requirement for insulin regulation of glucose uptake and GLUT4 gene expression in brown adipocytes...
- Effect of tumor necrosis factor-alpha on insulin signal transduction in rat adipocytes: relation to PKCbeta and zeta translocationA Miura
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu 500-8705, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1449:227-38. 1999..by activation of second messengers such as insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1), phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), and diacylglycerol (DG)-protein kinase C (PKC)...
- Possible role of nuclear factor-kappa B activity in germline C epsilon transcription in a human Burkitt lymphoma B cell lineY Yanagihara
Clinical Research Center for Allergy, National Sagamihara Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Cell Immunol 176:66-74. 1997....
- Ca(2+)-evoked serotonin secretion by parafollicular cells: roles in signal transduction of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase, and the gamma and zeta isoforms of protein kinase CK Liu
Division of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 20:1365-73. 2000..PKC involvement can be accounted for by PKCgamma and an isoform sensitive to inhibition by pseudoZ, probably PKCzeta, which is activated via PI3'-kinase...
- PI 3-kinase gamma and protein kinase C-zeta mediate RAS-independent activation of MAP kinase by a Gi protein-coupled receptorH Takeda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kusunoki-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0017, Japan
EMBO J 18:386-95. 1999..in CHO-DeltaSOS cells in a manner that was sensitive to wortmannin or to the dominant-negative mutant of PI3Kgamma, and overexpression of a dominant-negative mutant of PKC-zeta inhibited LPA-induced activation of MAP kinase...
- Nuclear translocation of PKC zeta during ischemia and its inhibition by wortmannin, an inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseY Mizukami
Department of Legal Medicine, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
FEBS Lett 401:247-51. 1997..The nuclear translocation during ischemia is inhibited in a dose-dependent manner by wortmannin (10(-9)-10(-7) M), an inhibitor of PI3-kinase...
- Deletion of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase p110gamma gene attenuates murine atherosclerosisJames D Chang
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Signal Transduction and Cardiovascular Divisions, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8077-82. 2007..This activation is markedly reduced or absent in macrophages lacking p110gamma, the catalytic subunit of class Ib PI3-kinase...
- PI3 kinase regulation of skeletal muscle hypertrophy and atrophyDavid J Glass
Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 346:267-78. 2010..IGF-1's pro-hypertrophy activity comes predominantly through its ability to activate the Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling pathway...
- L-Thyroxine vs. 3,5,3'-triiodo-L-thyronine and cell proliferation: activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseHung Yun Lin
Ordway Research Institute, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C980-91. 2009..T(3) action here is inhibited by tetrac alone, but the effect of T(4) is blocked by both tetrac and the RGD peptide...
- Vasoconstrictor effects of insulin in skeletal muscle arterioles are mediated by ERK1/2 activation in endotheliumEtto C Eringa
Laboratory for Physiology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2043-8. 2004..These findings provide a novel mechanism by which insulin may determine blood flow and glucose disposal in skeletal muscle...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT pathway activation in human vestibular schwannomaAbraham Jacob
Department of Otolaryngology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, and Center for Childhood Cancer, Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics 43210, USA
Otol Neurotol 29:58-68. 2008..Merlin can inhibit phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3 kinase) by binding to PI3 kinase enhancer long isoform. Therefore, we hypothesized that the PI3 kinase/AKT pathway is activated in VS...
- PI3-kinase is involved in mitogenic signaling by the oncogenic receptor tyrosine kinase Xiphophorus melanoma receptor kinase in fish melanomaC Wellbrock
Biocenter Theodor Boveri Institut, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 251:340-9. 1999..Together these data demonstrate that PI3-kinase is a substrate of the oncogenic Xmrk receptor and plays a significant role in mitogenic signaling of melanoma cells and the formation of malignant melanoma in Xiphophorus...
- Pancreatic stellate cell migration: role of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase(PI3-kinase) pathwayJoshua A McCarroll
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Biochem Pharmacol 67:1215-25. 2004..However, the signalling mechanisms responsible for PDGF-induced PSC migration are not known...
- Differential roles of PI3-kinase and Kit tyrosine 821 in Kit receptor-mediated proliferation, survival and cell adhesion in mast cellsH Serve
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10021
EMBO J 14:473-83. 1995..In contrast, tyrosine 821 is essential for Kit-mediated mitogenesis and survival, but not cell adhesion...
- Both src-dependent and -independent mechanisms mediate phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulation of colony-stimulating factor 1-activated mitogen-activated protein kinases in myeloid progenitorsA W Lee
Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:6779-98. 2000..However, only in DeltaKI cells are these events prevented by PP1. Thus in myeloid progenitors, CSF-1 can activate the PI3-kinase/Akt pathway by at least two mechanisms, one involving direct receptor binding and one involving SFKs...
- Insulin is a potent survival factor in mesangial cells: role of the PI3-kinase/Akt pathwayKeiju Hiromura
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Kidney Int 61:1312-21. 2002..However, little is known about the anti-apoptotic effect of insulin and the role of the PI3-kinase/Akt pathway in mesangial cells (MC) apoptosis...
- Luminal flow induces eNOS activation and translocation in the rat thick ascending limb. II. Role of PI3-kinase and Hsp90Pablo A Ortiz
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F281-8. 2004..05) in a PI3-kinase-dependent manner. We conclude that luminal flow induces eNOS translocation and activation in the THAL via PI3-kinase and that Hsp90 is involved in eNOS translocation to the apical membrane...
- Regulation of nuclear factor kappa B transactivation. Implication of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and protein kinase C zeta in c-Rel activation by tumor necrosis factor alphaA G Martin
Centro de Biologia Molecular "Severo Ochoa, , Cantoblanco, Madrid 28049, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:15840-9. 2001..Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and protein kinase C (PKC) zeta were identified as downstream signaling molecules of TNFalpha-activation of c-Rel ..
- Regular exercise enhances insulin activation of IRS-1-associated PI3-kinase in human skeletal muscleJ P Kirwan
Departments of Reproductive Biology and Nutrition, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine at MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 88:797-803. 2000..60, P < 0.02). We conclude that regular exercise leads to greater insulin-stimulated IRS-1-associated PI3-kinase activation in human skeletal muscle, thus facilitating enhanced insulin-mediated glucose uptake...
- EGF stimulates mesangial cell mitogenesis via PI3-kinase-mediated MAPK-dependent and AKT kinase-independent manner: involvement of c-fos and p27Kip1Lenin Mahimainathan
Dept of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F72-82. 2005..These data provide the evidence that a linear signal transduction pathway involving PI3-kinase-dependent MAPK regulates EGF-induced DNA synthesis in mesangial cells by regulating c-fos and p27(Kip1) expression...
- Endogenous angiotensin II suppresses insulin signaling in vascular smooth muscle cells from spontaneously hypertensive ratsN Fukuda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
J Hypertens 19:1651-8. 2001..We have demonstrated that VSMC from spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) produce Ang II in a homogeneous culture...
- Phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase gamma regulates key pathologic responses to cholecystokinin in pancreatic acinar cellsIlya Gukovsky
Department of Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Sysytem and University of California, Los Angeles, 90073, USA
Gastroenterology 126:554-66. 2004..We here report that these responses are regulated by phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) gamma.
- Inhibition of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/AKT signaling promotes apoptosis of primary effusion lymphoma cellsShahab Uddin
King Fahad National Center for Children s Cancer and Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Clin Cancer Res 11:3102-8. 2005..However, the role of PI3'-kinase in KSHV-associated primary effusion lymphoma (PEL) is not known. To assess this, we studied survival and apoptosis in PEL cell lines following inhibition of PI3'-kinase...
- Immune-mediated signaling in intestinal goblet cells via PI3-kinase- and AKT-dependent pathwaysMei Lun Wang
Div of Gastroenterology, Univ of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G1122-30. 2008..These results demonstrate that Th2 immune responses can regulate goblet cell responses by activation of PI3-kinase and AKT pathways via IL-4Ralpha...
- Involvement of PI3 kinase and MAP kinase in IGF-I- and insulin-induced oocyte maturation in Cyprinus carpioSudipta Paul
Endocrinology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Kalyani, Kalyani 741235, West Bengal, India
Mol Cell Endocrinol 309:93-100. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that PI3 kinase is an initial component of the signal transduction pathway which precedes MAP kinase, and MPF activation during IGF-I- and b-insulin-induced oocyte maturation in C. carpio...
- Signal transduction pathways involved in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblast interleukin-18-induced vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expressionJacques C M Morel
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 277:34679-91. 2002..Targeting VCAM-1 signaling mechanisms may represent therapeutic approaches to inflammatory and angiogenic diseases characterized by adhesion molecule up-regulation...
- Insulin stimulates NHE1 activity by sequential activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and protein kinase C zeta in human erythrocytesM Sauvage
Laboratoire des Biomembranes et Messagers Cellulaires, , Orsay, France
Eur J Biochem 267:955-62. 2000....
- Role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation in the hypertrophic growth of adult ventricular cardiomyocytesK D Schluter
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 40:174-81. 1998..The present study investigated whether activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) is involved in the stimulation of hypertrophic growth of adult ventricular cardiomyocytes under alpha- or beta-adrenoceptor stimulation...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent pathways oppose Fas-induced apoptosis and limit chloride secretion in human intestinal epithelial cells. Implications for inflammatory diarrheal statesM T Abreu
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center and Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8631 West 3rd Street, Suite 245E, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Biol Chem 276:47563-74. 2001..These findings suggest that agonists of PI3-kinase such as growth factors may have a dual effect on intestinal inflammation by protecting epithelial cells against immune-mediated apoptosis and limiting chloride secretory diarrhea...
- The PI3-kinase-Akt pathway promotes mesangial cell survival and inhibits apoptosis in vitro via NF-kappa B and BadHaruko Shimamura
The Homeostasis Medicine and Nephrology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1427-34. 2003..The findings suggest that the PI3-kinase-Akt pathway acts as a survival signal and plays a key role in the regulation of apoptotic change in mesangial cells principally via NF-kappa B...
- Insulin receptor substrate-2-dependent interleukin-4 signaling in macrophages is impaired in two models of type 2 diabetes mellitusMatthew E Hartman
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 506 South Mathews, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 279:28045-50. 2004....
- Angiotensin II regulation of TGF-beta in murine mesangial cells involves both PI3 kinase and MAP kinaseAlan Perlman
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, and MedStar Research Institute, Washington, DC, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 34:277-86. 2004..We hypothesized that 2 EGFR-activated pathways, PI3 kinase and MAP kinase, are stimulated by the AT-1 receptor and, in part, regulate the effects of AngII on TGF-beta1 levels in mesangial cells...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase signalling supports cell height in established epithelial monolayersAngela Jeanes
Division of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
J Mol Histol 40:395-405. 2009..One such contact-based signal is the phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase (PI3-kinase; PI3K) pathway...
- Essential role of PI3-kinase pathway in p53-mediated transcription: Implications in cancer chemotherapyR Suvasini
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Oncogene 29:3605-18. 2010..Our finding becomes relevant in the light of ongoing combination chemotherapy trials with the PI3-kinase pathway inhibitors and underscores the importance of p53 status in the careful formulation of combination chemotherapies...
- Requirement of protein kinase C zeta for stimulation of protein synthesis by insulinR Mendez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport 71130, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:5184-92. 1997..These phosphorylated substrates directly bind and activate enzymes such as phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase (PI3K) and the guanine nucleotide exchange factor for p21Ras (GRB-2/SOS), which are in turn required for insulin-..
- Protein kinase C-zeta and phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 are required for insulin-induced activation of ERK in rat adipocytesM P Sajan
J. A. Haley Veterans Hospital Research Service, Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30495-500. 1999..insulin-induced activation of ERK was blocked (a) by chemical inhibitors of both phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and protein kinase C (PKC)-zeta, and, moreover, (b) by transient expression of both dominant-negative Deltap85 ..
- PI3K and PKC contribute to membrane depolarization mediated by alpha2-adrenoceptors in the canine isolated mesenteric veinIlia A Yamboliev
Department of Pharmacology and Center of Biomedical Research Excellence, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
BMC Physiol 5:9. 2005..Activation of PI3Kgamma and PKCzeta in response to exogenous NE and clonidine in the absence and presence of receptor and kinase ..
- Ras initiates phosphatidyl-inositol-3-kinase (PI3K)/PKB mediated signalling pathways in untransformed human peripheral blood T lymphocytesYvonne Samstag
Institute for Immunology, Ruprecht Karls University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 305, D 69120 Heidelberg, FRG
Adv Enzyme Regul 45:52-62. 2005..The serine phosphatases PP1 and PP2A dephosphorylate cofilin in T lymphocytes. Importantly, a PKC-Ras-MEK/PI3K-cascade links costimulation of PB-T through TCR/CD3 and CD28 to activation of cofilin through dephosphorylation...
- The class II phosphoinositide 3-kinase PI3K-C2alpha is concentrated in the trans-Golgi network and present in clathrin-coated vesiclesJ Domin
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University College, London W1P 8BT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:11943-50. 2000In recent years, a large family of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) isozymes has been characterized and cloned...
- Roles of the RAF/MEK/ERK and PI3K/PTEN/AKT pathways in malignant transformation and drug resistanceJames A McCubrey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Adv Enzyme Regul 46:249-79. 2006The Ras/Raf/MEK/ERK and PI3K/PTEN/AKT signaling cascades play critical roles in the transmission of signals from growth factor receptors to regulate gene expression and prevent apoptosis...
- [Expression of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and effects of wortmannin on the expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in ulcerative colitis]Xiao li Huang
Department of Geriatrics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:379-82. 2007To elucidate the role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt in the pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis (UC) and provide experimental evidence that PI3K inhibitor wortmannin can be used as a possible novel approach for treatment of UC.
- A novel role for serum response factor in neuronal survivalSandra H Chang
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Graduate Program in Neurobiology and Behavior, Graduate Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7234, USA
J Neurosci 24:2277-85. 2004..factor (BDNF) is mediated by extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI3K). However, the mechanisms by which ERK and PI3K exert neuroprotection are not completely understood...
- Role of cell signaling in poxvirus-mediated foreign gene expression in mammalian cellsNingjie Hu
Hawaii AIDS Clinical Research Program, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Leahi Hospital, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
Vaccine 27:2994-3006. 2009..HIV-1 gene products, we studied the role of four cellular signaling pathways, the phosphoinositide-3-OH kinase (PI3K), extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK), p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38 MAPK), and c-Jun N-..
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase gamma required for lipopolysaccharide-induced transepithelial neutrophil trafficking in the lungJ Reutershan
Robert M Berne Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Eur Respir J 35:1137-47. 2010Phosphoinositide 3-kinase gamma(PI3Kgamma) is a critical mediator of directional cell movement...
- Insulin-sensitive protein kinases (atypical protein kinase C and protein kinase B/Akt): actions and defects in obesity and type II diabetesRobert V Farese
James A Haley Veterans Administration Hospital Research Service and Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 230:593-605. 2005..glucose transport by activating insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1)-dependent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) which, via increases in PI-3,4,5-triphosphate (PIP(3)), activates atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) and protein ..
- Pioglitazone inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide synthase is associated with altered activity of p38 MAP kinase and PI3K/AktBin Xing
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, 310 Davis Mills Building, University of Kentucky, Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
J Neuroinflammation 5:4. 2008..differential role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38 MAPK), c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK), and phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) on LPS-induced NO generation; and (3) the regulation of p38 MAPK, JNK, and PI3K by pioglitazone.
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase-mediated reduction of insulin receptor substrate-1/2 protein expression via different mechanisms contributes to the insulin-induced desensitization of its signaling pathways in L6 muscle cellsLuciano Pirola
INSERM U145, IFR50, Faculte de Medecine, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Biol Chem 278:15641-51. 2003..A 24-h long insulin treatment desensitized the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/protein kinase B (PKB) and p42/p44 MAPK pathways toward a second stimulation with insulin or insulin-like growth ..
- Effects of leptin on human breast cancer cell lines in relationship to estrogen receptor and HER2 statusAmitabha Ray
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, MN 55912, USA
Int J Oncol 30:1499-509. 2007..For Western blot analyses, protein extracts were probed for Ob-Rb, Ob-R, leptin, Jak2, PI3K, Stat3, p-Stat3, PCNA, cyclin D1, Cox-2, VEGF, Bcl-2, Bcl-xL, Bax, insulin, IGF-I, IGFBP3, IGF-IRalpha, aromatase, ..
- Association of PI3K-Akt signaling pathway with digitalis-induced hypertrophy of cardiac myocytesLijun Liu
Department of Physiology, Pharmacology, Metabolism, and Cardiovascular Sciences, The University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo, Ohio 43614 2598, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1489-97. 2007..In view of the known involvement of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-Akt pathways in cardiac hypertrophy, the aim of the present study was to determine whether these pathways are also ..
- Regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt and nuclear factor-kappa B signaling pathways in dystrophin-deficient skeletal muscle in response to mechanical stretchCharu Dogra
Molecular Genetics Division, Jerry L Pettis Memorial VA Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92357, USA
J Cell Physiol 208:575-85. 2006Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt and nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) signaling pathways play a critical role in mediating survival signals...
- Differential regulation of class IA phosphoinositide 3-kinase catalytic subunits p110 alpha and beta by protease-activated receptor 2 and beta-arrestinsPing Wang
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Cell, Molecular and Developmental Biology Program and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Biochem J 408:221-30. 2007..simultaneously promotes Galphaq/Ca2+-dependent activation and beta-arrestin-1-dependent inhibition of class IA PI3K (phosphoinositide 3-kinase), and we sought to characterize further the role of beta-arrestins in the regulation of ..
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase p110 beta regulates integrin alpha IIb beta 3 avidity and the cellular transmission of contractile forcesSimone M Schoenwaelder
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash University, Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct, 89 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
J Biol Chem 285:2886-96. 2010Phosphoinositide (PI) 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling processes play an important role in regulating the adhesive function of integrin alpha(IIb)beta(3), necessary for platelet spreading and sustained platelet aggregation...
- Involvement of phospholipase D in sphingosine 1-phosphate-induced activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Akt in Chinese hamster ovary cells overexpressing EDG3Y Banno
Departments of Biochemistry and Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:35622-8. 2001Phospholipase D (PLD), phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), and Akt are known to be involved in cellular signaling related to proliferation and cell survival...
- Electrostimulation during hindlimb unloading modulates PI3K-AKT downstream targets without preventing soleus atrophy and restores slow phenotype through ERKErwan Dupont
University Lille Nord de France, EA 4488, Laboratoire d Activité Physique, Muscle et Santé, USTL, F 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R408-17. 2011Our aim was to analyze the role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-AKT and MAPK signaling pathways in the regulation of muscle mass and slow-to-fast phenotype transition during hindlimb unloading (HU)...
- Carbachol inhibits insulin-stimulated phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cellsY Lavie
Neuroscience Laboratory, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48104 1687, USA
J Neurochem 67:1245-51. 1996..In this study, the effect of carbachol on insulin-stimulated PI 3-kinase (PI3K) activity was examined in SH-SY5Y cells...
- Tissue- and stimulus-dependent role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase isoforms for neutrophil recruitment induced by chemoattractants in vivoVanessa Pinho
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Immunol 179:7891-8. 2007..In this study, we evaluated the role of PI3Kgamma and PI3Kdelta for neutrophil influx induced by the exogenous administration or the endogenous generation of the ..
- Effects of dietary calorie restriction or exercise on the PI3K and Ras signaling pathways in the skin of miceLinglin Xie
Department of Human Nutrition and Statistics, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506, USA
J Biol Chem 282:28025-35. 2007..of weight loss by increasing physical activity or decreasing calorie intake on tumor promoter-induced Ras-MAPK and PI3K-Akt pathways...
- The N-terminus of phosphoinositide 3-kinase-C2beta regulates lipid kinase activity and binding to clathrinMatthew Wheeler
Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, United Kingdom
J Cell Physiol 206:586-93. 2006The class II phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)-C2beta is recruited to polypeptide growth factor receptors following ligand stimulation...
- Integrin-dependent translocation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase to the cytoskeleton of thrombin-activated platelets involves specific interactions of p85 alpha with actin filaments and focal adhesion kinaseC Guinebault
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 326, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Cell Biol 129:831-42. 1995....
- PI3 kinase is involved in cocaine behavioral sensitization and its reversal with brain area specificityXiuwu Zhang
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:1144-50. 2006Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) is an important signaling molecule involved in cell differentiation, proliferation, survival, and phagocytosis, and may participate in various brain functions...
- The PI3K/Akt pathway mediates the nongenomic cardioprotective effects of estrogen following trauma-hemorrhageHuang Ping Yu
Center for Surgical Research and Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Ann Surg 245:971-7. 2007To determine whether the nongenomic actions of E2 have any beneficial effect on cardiac function following trauma-hemorrhage and whether those effects are mediated via the PI3K/Akt pathway.
- Autocrine IGF-1/IGF-1R signaling is responsible for constitutive PI3K/Akt activation in acute myeloid leukemia: therapeutic value of neutralizing anti-IGF-1R antibodyNicolas Chapuis
Departement d Hematologie, Institut Cochin, CNRS, UMR8104, Paris, France
Haematologica 95:415-23. 2010Alterations in the PI3K/Akt pathway are found in a wide range of cancers and the development of PI3K inhibitors represents a promising approach to cancer therapy...
- Overexpression of the N-terminal end of the p55gamma regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase blocks cell cycle progression in gastric carcinoma cellsJunbo Hu
Institute for Cancer Research, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Central China University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, P R China
Int J Oncol 26:1321-7. 2005..Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) is an essential component of growth factor-regulated pathways and plays a crucial role in the regulation of ..
- [PTEN/PI3K pathways are involved in the signal transduction of myocardial remodeling in patients with congestive heart failure]Yong Jian Yang
Department of Cardiology, General Hospital of Chengdu Military Area, Chengdu 610083, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 85:1201-4. 2005To investigate the roles of PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome ten)/PI3K (phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase) signal transduction pathways in myocardium remodeling in patients with congestive heart failure (CHF).
- [Expression of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase in epithelial ovarian carcinoma]Peng Nan Zhang
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:196-200. 2007To explore the expression and significance of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI3K) in ovarian cancer, and the effect of combined PI3K inhibitor (LY294002) therapy with cisplatin on epithelial ovarian carcinoma, and to explore if there is ..
- Combination of all-trans retinoic acid and interferon-gamma suppressed PI3K/Akt survival pathway in glioblastoma T98G cells whereas NF-kappaB survival signaling in glioblastoma U87MG cells for induction of apoptosisRan Zhang
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Neurochem Res 32:2194-202. 2007..as 80% of glioblastomas, which harbor aberrant cell signaling passing through the phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K) and Akt (PI3K/Akt) survival pathway...
- The tyrosine kinase receptor c-met, its cognate ligand HGF and the tyrosine kinase receptor trasducers STAT3, PI3K and RHO in thyroid nodules associated with Hashimoto's thyroiditis: an immunohistochemical characterizationR M Ruggeri
Unit of Endocrinology, Clinical Experimental, Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Eur J Histochem 54:e24. 2010..The simultaneous expression of HGF/c-met and three trasducers of tyrosine kinase receptors (STAT3, PI3K, RHO) in both the nodular and extranodular tissues were studied by immunohistochemistry in 50 benign thyroid ..
- Inhibition of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt signaling blocks growth, promotes apoptosis, and enhances sensitivity of small cell lung cancer cells to chemotherapyGeoffrey W Krystal
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia Virginia Commonwealth University, McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 1:913-22. 2002..small cell lung cancer (SCLC) autocrine loops, as well as FCS, can potently activate phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-Akt signaling, albeit with different kinetics...
- Effect of ageing in the early biochemical signals elicited by PTH in intestinal cellsClaudia Gentili
Dpto Biologia, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional del Sur, San Juan 670, 8000, Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Biochim Biophys Acta 1593:169-78. 2003..In this study, we analysed, for the first time, alterations in phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) activity and response to PTH in rat enterocytes with ageing...
- PI3K activation is associated with intracellular sodium/iodide symporter protein expression in breast cancerKatherine A B Knostman
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
BMC Cancer 7:137. 2007..However, few human breast tumors have clinically evident iodide uptake ability. We previously identified PI3K signaling as important in NIS upregulation in transgenic mouse models of breast cancer, and the PI3K pathway is ..
- Dystrophin glycoprotein complex-associated Gbetagamma subunits activate phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase/Akt signaling in skeletal muscle in a laminin-dependent mannerYongmin Xiong
Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Disease, Department of Public Health, Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, People s Republic of China
J Cell Physiol 219:402-14. 2009..Gbetagamma, released when Gsalpha is activated, is known to bind phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K), which activates Akt in other cells...
Research Grants102 found, 100 shown here
- P33ING1 IN CELLULAR SENESCENCE AND ORGANISIMAL AGINGJunying Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2003..These works will illustrate the role of p33ING1 in mediating cellular senescence in culture and organismal aging in vivo. ..
- Saghi Ghaffari; Fiscal Year: 2015..Given the importance of GATA and FoxO factors for regulating diverse processes, the studies will yield broad mechanistic and biological insights. (End of Abstract) ..
- Role of leptin-mediated PI3 Kinase signaling on reproductive controlCarol Fuzeti Elias; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, special attention has focused on the role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling pathways as mediator of leptin effects in hypothalamic neurons Therefore, we hypothesize that PI3K ..
- Peptide Therapy for Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionJawaharlal M Patel; Fiscal Year: 2013..with specific focus on Ca2+ release, activation of signaling modules [phospatidylinositide (PI) 3-kinase (PI3K), protein kinase B (PKB or Akt), protein kinase A (PKA), and Src tysorine kinase (SrcK)], phosphorylation of ..
- Kira Gritsman; Fiscal Year: 2014..The PI3 kinase (PI3K) pathway is pathologically activated in many human cancers, including AML...
- Signaling pathways regulated by GSK3 in hematopoietic stem cellJian Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently, the PTEN-PI3K-mTOR pathway has been demonstrated to play an essential role in HSC maintenance...
- RIK M DERYNCK; Fiscal Year: 2016..phosphorylation on Tyr in response to TGF-[unreadable] may provide the biochemical basis for activation of both the PI3K-Akt-TOR and the Shc-Erk MAPK pathways by TGF-[unreadable]...
- INSULIN SIGNALING DEFECTS IN PCOSRicardo Azziz; Fiscal Year: 2010..70% of women with PCOS, which our data suggest may result from alterations in the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling cascade, downstream of the insulin receptor (IR)...
- Cellular Determinants of Apoptosis in Virus-Infected CellsGanes C Sen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, genetically modified mice, including new IRF-3 mutant knock-in mice which have been generated for this project, will be used to assess the in vivo contribution of RIPA in controlling viral pathogenesis. ..
- Huizhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Whereas the PI3K-Akt-GSK3-[unreadable] pathway has been demonstrated to play a critical regulatory role in TLR-mediated inflammatory ..
- Jian Huang; Fiscal Year: 2015..Recently, the PTEN-PI3K-mTOR pathway has been demonstrated to play an essential role in HSC maintenance...
- Erythropoietin PLUS IGF-IN NEUROPROTECTION FROM AIDSStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2009..Hypothesis Tested: EPO+IGF-I act synergistically to activate the anti-apoptotic PI3 kinase/Akt signaling pathway, and thus provide a synergistic degree of neuroprotection. ..
- Effects of Ethanol TNF Induced CytotoxicityJohn G Pastorino; Fiscal Year: 2012..Moreover these effects of ethanol can be ameliorated by activation of AMPK. ..
- Regulation of Osteoclast Function : Role of the Cbl-PI3K ComplexArchana Sanjay; Fiscal Year: 2012..Abolishing the interaction between Cbl and PI3K kinase significantly compromises the bone resorbing capacity of osteoclasts both in vivo and in vitro, indicating ..
- ROLE OF TGFBETA IN CORNEAL STROMAL WOUND HEALINGJames V Jester; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA AND HEPATITIS C: E2 MOLECULAR MECHANISMSMartina Buck; Fiscal Year: 2010..In preliminary studies, we have also found that E2, in the absence of extracellular growth factors, increases PIP2, PI3K, PDK1 and Akt, as well as their activities. This signaling cascade promotes proliferation...
- Martin Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2015..These complementary approaches will lead to a better understanding of the pathogenesis of AML and improved therapies. ..
- Natarajan Muthusamy; Fiscal Year: 2016..Consistent with this, inhibition of pro-survival signaling by PI3K and BTK overcame the inhibitory effects of the C-terminal domain resulting in enhanced TRU-016 induced apoptosis...
- H William Schnaper; Fiscal Year: 2014..type I collagen expression through phosphorylation of linker-region serine and/or threonine residues of Smad3;and PI3K, which acts at several points along the pathway leading to ERK, is a promising target for blunting the collagen ..
- Non-apoptotic functions of caspasesSTEVEN MILES FRISCH; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is important to understand the ramifications of this novel function of caspase-8 for oncogenesis and the treatment of human cancer. ..
- Role of TGF-b-induced Shc-Erk MAPK signaling in epithelial-mesenchymal transitionBaby Periyanayaki Muthusamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our results should lead to a better understanding of not only the mechanisms of TGF-ss signaling, but also the roles of TGF-ss signaling in EMT and cancer cell invasion. ) ..
- ANG II AND IGF-1 INTERACTION IN CARDIOVASCULAR TISSUEJames Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus, the proposed investigation will explore the role of PI3-kinase in mediating the cardiovascular interactions of AngII/IGF-1 after both short-term in vitro Ang II exposure and longer-term in vivo Ang II tissue excess. ..
- Mark R Plummer; Fiscal Year: 2014..The exploration of these phenomena will thus have significant value for our basic biological understanding of brain function as well as its malfunction in a number of different clinically relevant situations. ..
- Beta-cell ProliferationFredric E Wondisford; Fiscal Year: 2013..to its receptor on [unreadable]-cells, GLP-1 stimulates both cyclic AMP (cAMP) and phosphoinositol 3 kinase (PI3K) activation. Both cAMP and PI3K signaling pathways are implicated in [unreadable]-cell proliferation...
- Preclinical testing of a novel PDK1 inhibitor for treating vestibular schwannomaAbraham Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2013..OSU-03012 may represent the first medical treatment alternative for patients afflicted with VS. ..
- Targeting crosstalk between insulin and Gq signaling systems in pancreatic cancerJUAN ENRIQUE ROZENGURT; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Sherie L Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2015..B. Evaluate the in vivo efficacy of the fusion proteins against human lymphoma xenografts in combination with inhibitors of mTOR (temsirolimus) or PI3 kinase d (CAL-120). ..
- Extranuclear estrogen receptor actions on endometrial cancer cell proliferationTwila A Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding novel mechanisms of estrogen receptor action may provide new targets for endocrine therapies. ..
- Role of Integrin-Linked Kinase in Heart Failure and Ischemic InjuryAnthony Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2010..activation of Akt has deleterious effects associated with feedback inhibition of upstream IRS-1/PI 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling...
- AMY JO JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..These will guide future combination studies with Ibrutinib that has great potential to completely change the treatment paradigm of CLL. ..
- Improving islet transplantation outcome with Akt1Hongju Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Success of this study is expected to have significant impact in the field of islet transplantation treatment for type 1 diabetes. ..
- Regulation of SMG Development by Adhesion ReceptorsA Sue Menko; Fiscal Year: 2012..junctions signal differentiation and protection from apoptotic death most likely through the activation of PI3K/Akt pathway...
- Jonathan M Green; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this application, we propose cellular, molecular and in vivo studies to determine the mechanism of the novel mode of action for CTLA4Ig., which may have broad applicability to therapeutic manipulation of inflammatory lung disease ..
- Padmanee Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2016..We now hypothesize that the ICOS/ICOSL pathway induces optimal T cell anti-tumor responses due to ICOS-mediated PI3K signaling...
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- Kazem M Azadzoi; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- BONE MATRIX AND BONE RESORPTIONPaul R Odgren; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal aims to investigate new genes that regulate the formation and activity of osteoclasts to better understand bone biology in general, and potentially to find new ways to treat these widespread bone disorders. ..
- Extracellular ubiquitin: role in myocyte apoptosis and myocardial remodelingKrishna Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Gq-coupled Receptors Inhibit PI 3-kinase/Akt Signaling PathwayRichard Z Lin; Fiscal Year: 2012The goal of this proposal is to understand the role of class IA phosphatidylinositol 3‐kinase (PI3K) p110alpha and p110beta in regulating pathological and physiological cell growth in the pancreas and skeletal muscle...
- MOLECULAR MODELS OF IMMUNE-MEDIATED VASCULAR INJURYJeffrey R Bender; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Ann Richmond; Fiscal Year: 2016..Moreover, current PI3K inhibitor therapies for breast cancer patients might fail if they reverse this entrainment, counteract the effect ..
- William G Cance; Fiscal Year: 2016..Thus, this application will provide novel molecular cancer therapeutics that target the focal adhesion kinase. ..
- Novel Molecules in Calcium Signaling in PlateletsWolfgang Bergmeier; Fiscal Year: 2013..An in-depth analysis of how CD-GEFI regulates platelet function in vitro and in vivo will aid in its establishment as a target for antiplatelet therapy. ..
- Notch-1 and IGF-1 crosstalk: new therapeutic strategies for NSCLCMaurizio Bocchetta; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, the study will test the clinical usefulness of targeting Notch signaling to treat NSCLC using GSI. Finally, these experiments will elucidate the role of Notch-1 in lung tumorigenicity in vitro and in vivo. ..
- DC-T Cell Interactions in Pulmonary Immune ResponsesAnuradha Ray; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will help identify targets for inhibiting undesired immune responses in the lung at the same time promoting those that protect from infectious agents. ..
- Richard A Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2014..By understanding the molecular mechanisms by which angiogenesis is normally redox-regulated by p21ras and GRX1, we anticipate being able to determine why angiogenesis is impaired in metabolic disease. ..
- RAYMOND DANIEL BLIND; Fiscal Year: 2015..The candidate will expand his research program as an independent investigator with the training afforded by this K01 award, opening new avenues to cancer research. ..
- Paraventricular Nucleus Signaling Mechanisms in HypertensionCarrie A Northcott; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, due to the integrative nature of the PVN, these data will also provide a glimpse at the role of signaling in other physiological conditions, such as obesity. ..
- Robert C Rickert; Fiscal Year: 2016..Herein we investigate the pivotal roles of SHIP and PTEN inositol phosphatases in regulating the PI3K pathway and its noted impact on late B cell maturation...
- Targeting the ARF/CtBP Axis in Pancreatic CancerSteven R Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Frederick R Maxfield; Fiscal Year: 2015..Such insights may help in developing therapies as well as providing deeper understanding of the underlying basis for cardiovascular risk factors such as elevated biomarkers for inflammation. ..
- R Suzanne Zukin; Fiscal Year: 2015..These translational studies will create a foundation for generating novel therapeutic strategies to ameliorate this serious human condition. ..
- Role of serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase-1 in electrical remodelingAnthony Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2013..Serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase-1 (SGK1) is a PI3-kinase (PI3K)-dependent kinase that is activated in pathological hypertrophy and heart failure (HF) but not in physiological ..
- Ganes C Sen; Fiscal Year: 2016..For this purpose, the different steps of the viral life cycle will be examined. Moreover, the status of the innate immune response in the persistently infected cells will be evaluated. ..
- Caveolin-1 and NO Regulate PMN-mediated Increases in Vascular PermeabilityRichard D Minshall; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Adipocyte insulin signaling and circulating adiponectin levelsROCIO INES PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The anticipated results of this clinical study may provide new insight into potential therapeutic targets in patients with T2DM, obesity, and MetS. ..
- Ventricular Remodeling in the Adapted HeartNilanjana Maulik; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: To understand VEGF signaling mechanism is a promising medical development in the treatment of ischemia that will likely improve the quality of life in patients who have severe ischemic heart disease. ..
- Integrin Mechanotransduction and caveolae-based signaling complexesVICTOR J RIZZO; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Valerie Marie Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2014..The work will eventually help to achieve the long-term goal of finding cures for breast cancer and is directly pertinent for other tumor types. ..
- Role of PTEN in Vascular Lesion FormationMARY CM WEISER-EVANS; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF ALCOHOL-INDUCED CARDIOMYOPATHY.Georges E Haddad; Fiscal Year: 2011..The overall goal of the current proposal is to delineate the links between PI3K signaling and the preservation of cardiac function in the context of alcohol intake...
- Hiroyuki Inuzuka; Fiscal Year: 2015..We expect this will provide evidence toward the rationale for using mTOR pharmacological intervention in personalized medicine for age-related diseases. ..
- Christopher A Klug; Fiscal Year: 2014..This proposal will examine the role of NF-?B in normal hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell function and test whether activation of NF-?B is sufficient to initiate and/or maintain LIC activity in AML. ..
- Genetic Editing of Ca Cycling in Diabetic CardiomyopathyROGER JOSEPH HAJJAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Animal models of type 1 and type 2 diabetes will be utilized in addition to primary cultures of human and adult rats ventricular myocytes. ..
- Nuclear GTPase PIKE Regulation and FunctionsKeqiang Ye; Fiscal Year: 2013Abstract PIKE (PI 3-kinase Enhancer) is a brain specific GTPase that enhances PI 3-kinase (PI3K) activity. PIKE binds and stimulates PI3K activity in a GTP-dependent manner...
- Therapeutic Angiogenesis for Erectile DysfunctionBRIAN ANNEX; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this renewal, we propose to identify the mechanism for hypercholesterolemia induced vascular injury as well as how to employ information gained in the studies to advance potential treatments for ED...
- PETER S ROTWEIN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Major goals will be to define the mechanisms of action of this chromosomal response element. ..
- Personalized Clinical Diagnostics and Beyond: Integrated Ring Resonator ArraysRyan Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2009..This technology promises to broadly impact the landscape of the biomedical sciences, both meeting the clinical diagnostic challenges of today and pioneering the paradigm-shifting discoveries of tomorrow. ..
- Zhaoyong Hu; Fiscal Year: 2016..Defects in the IGF-1/PI3K/p- Akt pathway stimulate caspase-3 activation and contribute to muscle wasting...
- Alexander E Perl; Fiscal Year: 2014..Inhibition of PI3K's downstream effector, mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), using the clinically available reagent rapamycin ..
- Role of Fetuin-A in Tumor Cell GrowthJosiah Ochieng; Fiscal Year: 2012..The full understanding of this pathway has broad implications in the management and treatment strategies for majority of cancer types. ..
- James B Lok; Fiscal Year: 2016..These experiments will directly reflect the potential of DAF-12 NHR function as a chemotherapeutic target in parasitic nematodes. ..
- James H Keen; Fiscal Year: 2016..found that through its VHS domain GGA1 binds specifically and directly to the class II PI-3-Kinase-C2[unreadable] (PI3K- C2[unreadable])...
- Targeting the PI3-Kinase/Akt Pathway for the Therapy of Renal Cell CarcinomaDANIEL CHANG CHO; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Eric P Winer; Fiscal Year: 2016..The DF/HCC SPORE is poised to make substantial contributions over the next five years and beyond. ..
- P3IK Signaling and Biology of Therapeutic Response in Brain and Prostate TumorsEric C Holland; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will investigate the biology of therapeutic response in solid tumors with particular interest in the PI3-kinase (PI3K) pathway and cells that are resistant to standard of care treatments...
- Richard H Gomer; Fiscal Year: 2015..Together, this work combining natural products chemistry, physics and mathematical modeling, genetics, cell biology, and biochemistry in a versatile model system wil elucidate the molecular mechanism of a chalone. ..
- REGULATION OF PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCY BY INSULIN AND IGFGREGORY FREUND; Fiscal Year: 2000..Freund has a unique opportunity to develop into an outstanding clinician and scientist. ..
- Oncogenic role of PIK3CA hotspot mutationsRAMON E PARSONS; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Carlos L Arteaga; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed Projects will require additional personnel and funded effort over that already maximally utilized in equivalent institutional Core Resources. ..
- Regulation of T Cell Activation and Development by PIK3IP1Lawrence P Kane; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Proper regulation of the PI-3 kinase (PI3k) pathway is critical for normal T cell development, activation and homeostasis...
- Thomas M Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2014..My colleagues and I have continued our studies of MT and PI3K, and have recently used conditional knockouts of the key catalytic subunits of PI3K, p110? and p110?, to discover a ..
- PI3-KINASE IN SYNAPTIC PLASTICITYPietro Sanna; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Insulin resistance and cardiac dysfunction in obesityEVAN ABEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide a detailed and comprehensive analysis of the role that abnormal myocardial insulin signaling plays in the pathogenesis of cardiac dysfunction in obesity. ..
- Wai Hong Wilson Tang; Fiscal Year: 2016..AR numbers are low due to defective intracellular recycling of phosphorylated receptors. Consistent with PI3K inhibition of phosphatases, PAH PAEC and cardiomyocytes have high levels of the inactive pT495 eNOS, identifying ..
- ATF4 and OsteoclastogenesisGuozhi Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2013..regulating osteoclastogenesis by two distinct mechanisms: 1) ATF4 modulates M-CSF induction of RANK expression via PI3K/AKT-dependent phosphorylation and protein stabilization and/or activation;2) ATF4 mediates RANKL induction of ..
- Dean T Yamaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2016..CXCR2 signaling involving signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (STAT-3), phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), and MAPK will be assessed as above in addition to utilizing small molecule inhibitors of CXCR2...
- Profilin-1 phosphorylation in neovascularizationYi Fan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Interestingly, Pfn-1 phosphorylation is directly induced by VEGFR2/Src, independent of classic PI3K-mediated multistep signal cascades...
- Chou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2014..p21 are common in Tax-expressing HTLV-1-transformed T (HTxT) cells and most likely occur through activation of the PI3K- Akt pathway...
- CLIFFORD JAMES ROSEN; Fiscal Year: 2015..kinase receptor that heterodimerizes with other ErbB receptors to enhance cell proliferation through the MAPK and PI3K pathways...
- Sheng He Huang; Fiscal Year: 2014..g., caveolin-1, PI3K, ERK, CaM kinase II and Rac1) in lipid rafts...
- Deanna S Smith; Fiscal Year: 2016..Notably, the dynein response to PPAR3 agonists requires PI3K activity and is mimicked by lithium, a potent Gsk32 inhibitor used to treat mood disorders...
- Richard C Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Next, we will determine how the status of PI3K-Akt activation in cancer cells affects the phosphorylation of Beclin 1...
- Navdeep S Chandel; Fiscal Year: 2015..ROS have been proposed to serve as signaling molecules to activate numerous signaling pathways, including PI3K, ERK1/2 MAPK, and the transcription factors hypoxia inducible factors (HIFs), which promote tumor cell ..
- Ronald B Gartenhaus; Fiscal Year: 2015..e., NF8B inhibitor, dual PI3K/AKT inhibitor, mTOR inhibitor), will effectively repress the lymphoma phenotype pre-clinically in B-cell and T-cell ..
- Exploring the Impact of Negative Energy Balance in Men with Prostate CancerWendy Demark-Wahnefried; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., leptin, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3K), and the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), and may ultimately affect tumor proliferation rate and apoptosis...
- Bingcheng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recent large scale genome studies show that PI3K/Akt signaling cascade is activated in 88% of GBM...
- Bingcheng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..PTEN loss leads to activation of PI3K/Akt...
- PI3K/Akt-mediated PDGFRalpha signaling in craniofacial developmentKATHERINE ANN FANTAUZZO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous work by the Soriano laboratory has identified PI3K as the main downstream effector of PDGFR[unreadable] signaling during craniofacial development in the mouse, ..
- Arunabh Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2014..Since induction of protein degradation pathways is modulated by PI3K/Akt signaling and downstream mTOR and FoxO3 pathways, and activation of NF-[unreadable]B, these pathways will be ..