Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PICALM
Description: phosphatidylinositol binding clathrin assembly protein
Alias: CALM, CLTH, LAP, phosphatidylinositol-binding clathrin assembly protein, clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia protein
Publications293 found, 100 shown here
- The t(10;11)(p13;q14) in the U937 cell line results in the fusion of the AF10 gene and CALM, encoding a new member of the AP-3 clathrin assembly protein familyM H Dreyling
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:4804-9. 1996..gene approach, we cloned the breakpoint and were able to show that AF10 is fused to a novel gene that we named CALM (Clathrin Assembly Lymphoid Myeloid leukemia gene) located at 11q14...
- Alternative splicing in wild-type AF10 and CALM cDNAs and in AF10-CALM and CALM-AF10 fusion cDNAs produced by the t(10;11)(p13-14;q14-q21) suggests a potential role for truncated AF10 polypeptidesC C Silliman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, The Children s Hospital, Denver, USA
Leukemia 12:1404-10. 1998..In U937, a cell line established from a diffuse histiocytic lymphoma, a t(10;11)(p13;q14-21) fuses AF10 to CALM. AF10 is also fused to MLL by a translocation that appears quite similar at the cytogenetic level, the t(10;11)(p12;..
- Analysis of clathrin-mediated endocytosis of epidermal growth factor receptor by RNA interferenceFangtian Huang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80111, USA
J Biol Chem 279:16657-61. 2004..Surprisingly, knockdown of clathrin-assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia protein, CALM, did not influence transferrin endocytosis but considerably affected EGFR internalization...
- Effect of clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia protein depletion on clathrin coat formationAnika Meyerholz
Department of Cell Biology, Center of Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Traffic 6:1225-34. 2005The endocytic accessory clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia protein (CALM) is the ubiquitously expressed homolog of the neuron-specific protein AP180 that has been implicated in the retrieval of synaptic vesicle...
- Acute myeloid leukemia is propagated by a leukemic stem cell with lymphoid characteristics in a mouse model of CALM/AF10-positive leukemiaAniruddha J Deshpande
Department of Medicine III, Klinikum Grosshadern, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Cancer Cell 10:363-74. 2006..Here we demonstrate that the leukemia-propagating cell in murine CALM/AF10-positive AML differs from normal HSCs by B220 surface expression and immunoglobulin heavy chain rearrangement...
- Evidence for CALM in directing VAMP2 traffickingAsaff Harel
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Traffic 9:417-29. 2008b>Clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia protein (CALM) is a clathrin assembly protein with a domain structure similar to the neuron-specific assembly protein AP180...
- Genome-wide association study identifies variants at CLU and PICALM associated with Alzheimer's diseaseDenise Harold
Medical Research Council Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Nat Genet 41:1088-93. 2009..4 x 10(-9)) and 5' to the PICALM gene (rs3851179, P = 1.9 x 10(-8))...
- Genome-wide analysis of genetic loci associated with Alzheimer diseaseSudha Seshadri
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
JAMA 303:1832-40. 2010Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have recently identified CLU, PICALM, and CR1 as novel genes for late-onset Alzheimer disease (AD).
- Replication of CLU, CR1, and PICALM associations with alzheimer diseaseMinerva M Carrasquillo
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Birdsall Building, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Arch Neurol 67:961-4. 2010To test for replication of the association between variants in the CLU, CR1, and PICALM genes with Alzheimer disease.
- Meta-analysis confirms CR1, CLU, and PICALM as alzheimer disease risk loci and reveals interactions with APOE genotypesGyungah Jun
Department of Medicine, Boston University, USA
Arch Neurol 67:1473-84. 2010To determine whether genotypes at CLU, PICALM, and CR1 confer risk for Alzheimer disease (AD) and whether risk for AD associated with these genes is influenced by apolipoprotein E (APOE) genotypes.
- Distribution and expression of picalm in Alzheimer diseaseShabnam Baig
Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Bristol, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:1071-7. 2010b>PICALM, the gene encoding phosphatidylinositol-binding clathrin assembly (picalm) protein, was recently shown to be associated with risk of Alzheimer disease (AD). Picalm is a key component of clathrin-mediated endocytosis...
- Genetic association of PICALM polymorphisms with Alzheimer's disease in Han ChineseJin Tai Yu
Department of Neurology, Qingdao Municipal Hospital, School of Medicine, Qingdao University, Qingdao, Shandong Province 266071, PR China
J Neurol Sci 300:78-80. 2011b>PICALM might play an important role in AD pathology through participating in altering synaptic vesicle cycling or APP endocytosis...
- Evidence of the association of BIN1 and PICALM with the AD risk in contrasting European populationsJean Charles Lambert
INSERM U744, Lille, France
Neurobiol Aging 32:756.e11-5. 2011Recent genome-wide association studies have identified 5 loci (BIN1, CLU, CR1, EXOC3L2, and PICALM) as genetic determinants of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- CALM, a clathrin assembly protein, influences cell surface GluR2 abundanceAsaff Harel
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program, NIH, 251 Bayview Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuromolecular Med 13:88-90. 2011The clathrin assembly protein, CALM, promotes the assembly of clathrin-coated vesicles...
- The role of clusterin, complement receptor 1, and phosphatidylinositol binding clathrin assembly protein in Alzheimer disease risk and cerebrospinal fluid biomarker levelsBrit Maren M Schjeide
Department Vertebrate Genomics, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:207-13. 2011..studies independently implicated clusterin (CLU), complement receptor 1 (CR1), and phosphatidylinositol binding clathrin assembly protein (PICALM) as putative novel Alzheimer disease (AD) risk loci...
- PICALM and CR1 variants are not associated with sporadic Alzheimer's disease in Chinese patientsHong Lei Li
Department of Neurology and Institute of Neurology, Huashan Hospital, Institutes of Brain Science and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Alzheimers Dis 25:111-7. 2011..studies (GWAS) identified 3 novel single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) (rs11136000 within CLU, rs3851179 within PICALM and rs6656401 within CR1) that are associated with late-onset AD (LOAD), and these results have been replicated by ..
- Common variants at MS4A4/MS4A6E, CD2AP, CD33 and EPHA1 are associated with late-onset Alzheimer's diseaseAdam C Naj
The John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Nat Genet 43:436-41. 2011..3 × 10(-8), P(J) = 1.9 × 10(-8)), BIN1 (rs7561528; P(M) = 4.0 × 10(-14), P(J) = 5.2 × 10(-14)) and PICALM (rs561655; P(M) = 7.0 × 10(-11), P(J) = 1...
- Polymorphisms of CR1, CLU and PICALM confer susceptibility of Alzheimer's disease in a southern Chinese populationLu Hua Chen
Department of Biochemistry, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Neurobiol Aging 33:210.e1-7. 2012In this case-controlled study, we tested susceptible genetic variants for Alzheimer's disease (AD) in CR1, CLU and PICALM from genome-wide association studies (GWAS) in a southern Chinese population...
- Role of phosphatidylinositol clathrin assembly lymphoid-myeloid leukemia (PICALM) in intracellular amyloid precursor protein (APP) processing and amyloid plaque pathogenesisQingli Xiao
Hope Center for Neurological Disorders and Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 287:21279-89. 2012..single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the phosphatidylinositol clathrin assembly lymphoid-myeloid leukemia (PICALM) gene were significantly associated with Alzheimer disease, suggesting a role in APP endocytosis and Aβ ..
- Turning CALM into excitement: AP180 and CALM in endocytosis and diseaseTanja Maritzen
Leibniz Institute for Molecular Pharmacology, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Biol Cell 104:588-602. 2012..N-terminal homology (ANTH) domain containing proteins AP180 and clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukaemia (CALM) not only regulate the assembly of the endocytic machinery but also act as sorters for a subset of SNAREs, the ..
- A yeast model for amyloid-β aggregation exemplifies the role of membrane trafficking and PICALM in cytotoxicityFabien D'Angelo
Institut de Biochimie et Génétique Cellulaires, CNRS UMR 5095, Universite Bordeaux 2, Victor Segalen, 33077 Bordeaux, France
Dis Model Mech 6:206-16. 2013..Yeast PICALM orthologs are involved in cellular toxicity, indicating conservation of the mechanisms of toxicity from mammals to ..
- Identification and confirmation of an exonic splicing enhancer variation in exon 5 of the Alzheimer disease associated PICALM geneNathalie C Schnetz-Boutaud
Center for Human Genetics Research and Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Ann Hum Genet 76:448-53. 2012..identified several new susceptibility genes including phosphatidylinositol-binding clathrin assembly protein (PICALM) on chromosome 11...
- The PICALM protein plays a key role in iron homeostasis and cell proliferationPaula B Scotland
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e44252. 2012The ubiquitously expressed phosphatidylinositol binding clathrin assembly (PICALM) protein associates with the plasma membrane, binds clathrin, and plays a role in clathrin-mediated endocytosis...
- PICALM gene rs3851179 polymorphism contributes to Alzheimer's disease in an Asian populationGuiyou Liu
Institute of Neurology, Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang 524001, China
Neuromolecular Med 15:384-8. 2013b>PICALM gene rs3851179 polymorphism was reported to an Alzheimer's disease (AD) susceptibility locus in a Caucasian population. However, recent studies reported consistent and inconsistent results in an Asian population...
- Clathrin adaptor CALM/PICALM is associated with neurofibrillary tangles and is cleaved in Alzheimer's brainsKunie Ando
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie Escourolle, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
Acta Neuropathol 125:861-78. 2013b>PICALM, a clathrin adaptor protein, plays important roles in clathrin-mediated endocytosis in all cell types...
- Uncoupling the functions of CALM in VAMP sorting and clathrin-coated pit formationDaniela A Sahlender
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e64514. 2013CALM (clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia protein) is a cargo-selective adaptor for the post-Golgi R-SNAREs VAMPs 2, 3, and 8, and it also regulates the size of clathrin-coated pits and vesicles at the plasma membrane...
- Decreased CALM expression reduces Aβ42 to total Aβ ratio through clathrin-mediated endocytosis of γ-secretaseKunihiko Kanatsu
1 Department of Neuropathology and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan 2
Nat Commun 5:3386. 2014..Recently, a single-nucleotide polymorphism in phosphatidylinositol binding clathrin assembly protein (PICALM/CALM) gene, which encodes a protein implicated in the clathrin-mediated ..
- Genetics of PICALM expression and Alzheimer's diseaseIshita Parikh
Sanders Brown Center on Aging, Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e91242. 2014..Here, we evaluated the association between the AD-associated polymorphism rs3851179 near PICALM, which encodes a clathrin-coated pit accessory protein...
- Clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia (CALM) protein: localization in endocytic-coated pits, interactions with clathrin, and the impact of overexpression on clathrin-mediated trafficF Tebar
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, Colorado 80111, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:2687-702. 1999The clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia (CALM) gene encodes a putative homologue of the clathrin assembly synaptic protein AP180...
- Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of endocytic proteinsM Vecchi
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, 20141 Milan, Italy
J Cell Biol 153:1511-7. 2001..Many endocytic proteins, including eps15, epsin1, the clathrin assembly lymphoid myeloid leukemia (CALM), and alpha-adaptin, accumulate in the nucleus when nuclear export is inhibited...
- A novel chromosomal inversion at 11q23 in infant acute myeloid leukemia fuses MLL to CALM, a gene that encodes a clathrin assembly proteinDaniel S Wechsler
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 36:26-36. 2003..We used panhandle PCR to determine that this rearrangement juxtaposed the MLL (Mixed-Lineage Leukemia) gene to the CALM (Clathrin Assembly Lymphoid Myeloid leukemia) gene at 11q14-q21...
- The novel CALM interactor CATS influences the subcellular localization of the leukemogenic fusion protein CALM/AF10L Fröhlich Archangelo
Department of Medicine III, University of Munich Hospital Grosshadern, Marchioninistr, Munich, Germany
Oncogene 25:4099-109. 2006The Clathrin Assembly Lymphoid Myeloid leukemia gene (CALM or PICALM) was first identified as the fusion partner of AF10 in the t(10;11)(p13;q14) translocation, which is observed in acute myeloid leukemia (AML), acute lymphoblastic ..
- Expression of a CALM-AF10 fusion gene leads to Hoxa cluster overexpression and acute leukemia in transgenic miceDavid Caudell
Genetics Branch and Comparative Molecular Pathology Unit, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes for Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Res 67:8022-31. 2007To assess the role of the CALM-AF10 fusion gene in leukemic transformation in vivo, we generated transgenic mice that expressed a CALM-AF10 fusion gene...
- The role of CALM-AF10 gene fusion in acute leukemiaD Caudell
Genetics Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes for Health, Bethesda, MD 20889 5105, USA
Leukemia 22:678-85. 2008..recurring chromosomal translocation seen in patients with ALL as well as AML, and results in the production of a CALM-AF10 fusion gene...
- Spatial and temporal performance of the miniface (free air CO2 enrichment) system on Bog Ecosystems in northern and Central EuropeF Miglietta
IATA-CNR, Institute of Agrometeorology and Environmental Analysis, National Research Council, P. le delle Cascine 18, 50144 Firenze, Italy
Environ Monit Assess 66:107-27. 2001..Observations made during a windy day, causing a CO2 concentration gradient, and observations made during a calm day indicated that short term gradients tend to average out over longer periods of time...
- L-alpha-phosphatidylcholine-induced stimulation of PGI2 production in canine gallbladders following hypovolemic shock and Escherichia coli sepsisE L Hoover
Department of Surgery, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee
J Natl Med Assoc 83:325-8. 1991..L-alpha-phosphatidylcholine (LaP), an arachidonic acid precursor, was used as the test agent...
- The experience with the foetal diagnosis of the cystic fibrosis in the second and first trimesterM Macek
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Pediatrics Prague, Czechoslovakia
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 36:120-8. 1990The amniotic fluid activity of gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) and alcaline phosphatase (AP) and disacharidases was examined in 66 pregnancies with the risk of cystic fibrosis (CF) in the 17th-21st weeks ..
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-cell) in the course of polycythemia vera. Description of a case with an unusual chromosomic anomalyG Carulli
Medical Clinic I, University of Pisa, Italy
Tumori 73:639-43. 1987..signs and symptoms of leukemia, the patient exhibited at the same time presumptive elements of polycythemia (high LAP index levels, a high number of neutrophils)...
- Traumatic instability of the lumbar spine. A dynamic in vitro study of flexion-distraction injuryP Neumann
Department of Orthopaedics, , Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1111-21. 1995..This in vitro study determined the effect on the lumbar spine of a dynamic flexion-distraction loading simulating a lap seatbelt injury...
- Chemical conditions inside occluded regions on corroding aircraft aluminum alloysK S Lewis
Department of Materials, Science and Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903, USA
J Chromatogr A 850:375-80. 1999..Corrosion develops in areas of overlap such as aircraft lap-splice joints and under protective organic coatings...
- Seat belt fracture with late development of an enterocolic fistula in a child. A case reportM Letts
Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1151-5. 1999..SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND DATA: Flexion-distraction fractures of the spine in children wearing lap seat belts, so-called "Chance" fractures, are an increasingly common result of high-velocity collisions...
- Apoptosis in the lens anlage of the heritable lens aplastic mouse (lap mouse)S Aso
Chemicals Inspection and Testing Institute, Oita, Japan
Teratology 58:44-53. 1998Adult homozygous lap mice show various eye abnormalities, such as aphakia, retinal disorganization, and dysplasia of the cornea and anterior chamber. In the fetal eye of a homozygous lap mouse, the lens placode seems to develop normally...
- Intercarpal arthrodesis for static and dynamic volar intercalated segment instabilityT Trumble
Department of Orthopaedics, Yale University School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Section, New Haven, CT 06510
J Hand Surg Am 13:384-90. 1988..All the patients had some type of intercarpal arthrodesis including four capitate-lunate-triquetrum hamate (CLTH), one lunate-triquetrum (LT), one lunate-triquetrum-hamate (LTH), and one triquetrum-hamate (TH)...
- Abnormal cardiovascular responses to exercise during the development of obesity in dogsH L Mizelle
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216-4505
Am J Hypertens 7:374-8. 1994..Left atrial pressure (LAP), mean arterial pressure, and cardiac output (CO) were determined both at rest and in response to treadmill ..
- Evaluation of ionic air purifiers for reducing aerosol exposure in confined indoor spacesS A Grinshpun
Center for Health Related Aerosol Studies, Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, OH, USA
Indoor Air 15:235-45. 2005..6 m3) walk-in chamber during the operation of an ionic air purifier in calm air and under mixing air condition...
- Acute nonspecific abdominal pain: A randomized, controlled trial comparing early laparoscopy versus clinical observationMario Morino
Chirurgia Generale II e Centro di Chirurgia Mini Invasiva Department of Surgery, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Ann Surg 244:881-6; discussion 886-8. 2006..To evaluate, in a prospective, randomized, single-institution trial, the role of early laparoscopy in the management of nonspecific abdominal pain (NSAP) in young women...
- [Role of peritoneal drainage in very low birth weight with enterocolitis]R M Romero
Servicio de Cirugia Pediatrica, Unidad de Cuidados Intensivos Neonatales, Hospital Infantil Universitario Gregorio Marañón
Cir Pediatr 18:88-92. 2005..This operation was designed for patients considered too unstable to undergo laparotomy (LAP). Since the introduction of PD some investigators have suggested that it may serve as a definitive therapy...
- Is laparoscopic resection adequate in patients with neuroendocrine pancreatic tumors?Laureano Fernandez-Cruz
Surgical Department, ICMD Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, Escalera 6, 4th Floor, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
World J Surg 32:904-17. 2008..The following techniques were performed: laparoscopic spleen-preserving distal pancreatectomy (Lap SPDP), laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy (Lap SxDP) and laparoscopic enucleation (Lap En)/..
- Hypoplastic basement membrane of the lens anlage in the inheritable lens aplastic mouse (lap mouse)S Aso
Chemicals Evaluation and Research Institute, Hita, Oita 877 0061, Japan
Teratology 61:262-72. 2000Adult homozygous lap mice show various eye abnormalities such as aphakia, retinal disorganization, and dysplasia of the cornea and anterior chamber. In the fetal eye of a homozygous lap mouse, the lens placode appears to develop normally...
- Leukocyte alkaline phosphatase, CA15-3, CA125, and CEA in cancer patientsN Walach
Department of Oncology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Tumori 84:360-3. 1998Peripheral blood leukocyte alkaline phosphatase (LAP) scores and CA15-3, CA125, and CEA levels in plasma were measured in 57 patients with metastatic breast, ovarian, and colorectal cancer, respectively, and in 79 patients with the same ..
- The role of the left ventricle in atrial natriuretic peptide secretion in acute mitral regurgitationK Satoh
Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Am J Hypertens 3:704-6. 1990..Left atrial pressure (LAP), right atrial pressure (RAP) and pulmonary artery pressure (PAP) increased significantly during MR, and decreased ..
- Listeria monocytogenes uses Listeria adhesion protein (LAP) to promote bacterial transepithelial translocation and induces expression of LAP receptor Hsp60Kristin M Burkholder
Molecular Food Microbiology Laboratory, Department of Food Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2009, USA
Infect Immun 78:5062-73. 2010..We demonstrated that Listeria adhesion protein (LAP) promotes adhesion to intestinal epithelial cells and facilitates extraintestinal dissemination in vivo...
- Temporal expression of the human alcohol dehydrogenase gene family during liver development correlates with differential promoter activation by hepatocyte nuclear factor 1, CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha, liver activator protein, and D-element-bindiC van Ooij
Department of Biochemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523
Mol Cell Biol 12:3023-31. 1992..The ADH1, ADH2, and ADH3 promoters all responded to the liver transcription factors liver activator protein (LAP) and D-element-binding protein (DBP), which are most active in postnatal liver...
- Trypanosoma cruzi: insights into naphthoquinone effects on growth and proteinase activitySaulo C Bourguignon
Universidade Federal Fluminense, Instituto de Biologia, 24020 150 Niterói, RJ, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 127:160-6. 2011In this study we compared the effects of naphthoquinones (α-lapachone, β-lapachone, nor-β-lapachone and Epoxy-α-lap) on growth of Trypanosoma cruzi epimastigotes forms, and on viability of VERO cells...
- Leukocyte alkaline phosphatase and carcinoembryonic antigen in metastatic colorectal cancer patientsN Walach
Department of Oncology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Tumori 77:164-6. 1991..9 +/- 3 ng/ml, p less than 0.001). One hundred percent of the metastatic cancer patients had elevated LAP scores and 73% of these patients had elevated CEA levels...
- In utero and lactational exposure of Long-Evans rats to ammonium perchlorate (AP) disrupts ovarian follicle maturationMonika G Baldridge
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI 53211, USA
Reprod Toxicol 19:155-61. 2004..This study was designed (1) to determine whether exposure to a low or high concentration of AP (LAP, HAP) exerts detrimental effects on follicle maturation in the Long-Evans hooded rat and (2) to determine whether ..
- Transforming growth factor beta1 and beta2 (TGFbeta2 / TGFbeta2) profile changes in previously irradiated free flap bedsStefan Schultze-Mosgau
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Head Neck 24:33-41. 2002..was to analyze the expression profiles of transforming growth factor (activated TGFbeta(1), TGFbeta(2)) and latency-associated peptide (LAP) in the irradiated graft beds and the transition area between grafts and irradiated graft beds.
- Dual regulation of phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of C/EBPbeta modulate its transcriptional activation and DNA binding in response to growth hormoneGraciela Piwien-Pilipuk
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 277:44557-65. 2002..C/EBPbeta occurs in cells as the transcriptional activator liver-enriched activating protein (LAP) and in the truncated form liver-enriched inhibitory protein (LIP) that inhibits transcription...
- The effect of a 3-point harness restraint and car seat in whiplash-type lateral impactsShrawan Kumar
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:E11-8. 2006Seventeen healthy volunteers were subjected to right and left lateral impacts 5.0, 6.8, 9.2, and 16.8 m/s acceleration while positioned in a Volvo car seat with lap and shoulder seat belt restraint in laboratory setting.
- A prospective randomized comparison of spinal versus local anesthesia with propofol infusion for knee arthroscopyWarren R Dunn
Vanderbilt Sports Medicine Center, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Arthroscopy 22:479-83. 2006..of the study was to test the hypothesis that patients receiving local anesthesia combined with propofol infusion (LAP) will recover from anesthesia faster and experience less postoperative headache and back pain compared with spinal ..
- Risk factors for somnolence, edema, and hallucinations in early Parkinson diseaseKevin M Biglan
University of Rochester, Department of Neurology, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Neurology 69:187-95. 2007The CALM-PD trial evaluated the development of motor complications in subjects with early Parkinson disease (PD) randomized to initial treatment with either pramipexole or levodopa...
- Differential control of the CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBPbeta) products liver-enriched transcriptional activating protein (LAP) and liver-enriched transcriptional inhibitory protein (LIP) and the regulation of gene expression during the respoYi Li
Department of Nutrition, School of Medicine, Case Western University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4954, USA
J Biol Chem 283:22443-56. 2008..of the C/EBPbeta mRNA from different initiation codons leads to the synthesis of two transcriptional activators (LAP-1 and -2) and a transcriptional repressor (LIP)...
- Experimental methods to determine inhalability and personal sampler performance for aerosols in ultra-low windspeed environmentsDarrah K Schmees
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 109 S Observatory, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Environ Monit 10:1426-36. 2008..5 m s(-1). While that body of work was used to establish an inhalable aerosol convention, results from studies in calm air chambers (for essentially zero windspeed) are being discussed as the basis of a modified criterion...
- LAP, an alcohol acetaldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme in Listeria, promotes bacterial adhesion to enterocyte-like Caco-2 cells only in pathogenic speciesBalamurugan Jagadeesan
Molecular Food Microbiology Laboratory, Department of Food Science, 745 Agriculture Mall Drive, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Microbiology 156:2782-95. 2010Listeria adhesion protein (LAP), an alcohol acetaldehyde dehydrogenase (lmo1634), interacts with host-cell receptor Hsp60 to promote bacterial adhesion during the intestinal phase of Listeria monocytogenes infection...
- Immediate peritoneal response to bacterial contamination during laparoscopic surgeryE M Targarona
Service of Surgery, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Surg Endosc 20:316-21. 2006..However, there is some controversy in view of the evidence of a better preserved peritoneal response to sepsis. This study analyzed the early response of the peritoneum to contamination in a CO(2) ambience...
- Isoenzyme studies on Toxoplasma gondii isolates using isoelectric focusingG Barnert
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 268:476-81. 1988..14 enzymes in the cell lysates was investigated: IDH, MDH, ME, 6PG, G6P, LDH, IPO, HEX, PGM, EST, ALP, ACP, LAP, and PGI...
- Intergeneric distribution and immunolocalization of a putative odorant-binding protein in true bugs (Hemiptera, Heteroptera)J C Dickens
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Plant Sciences Institute, Vegetable Laboratory, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Exp Biol 201:33-41. 1998Lygus antennal protein (LAP) is an olfactory-related protein of the tarnished plant bug Lygus lineolaris (Hemiptera, Heteroptera: Miridae), a hemimetabolous insect...
- The tyrosine motifs of Lamp 1 and LAP determine their direct and indirect targetting to lysosomesStefanie Obermuller
Institute for Biochemistry II, University of Gottingen, Heinrich Düker Weg 12, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
J Cell Sci 115:185-94. 2002Lamp 1 and lysosomal acid phosphatase (LAP) are lysosomal membrane proteins that harbour a tyrosine-based sorting motif within their short cytoplasmic tails...
- Effect of phosphorylation and S-S bond-induced dimerization on DNA binding and transcriptional activation by C/EBPbetaJae Woo Kim
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1800-4. 2007..Sequential phosphorylation of C/EBPbeta/liver activating protein (LAP) on Thr(188) by MAPK and on Ser(184) or Thr(179) by glycogen synthase kinase beta (GSK3beta) is required for ..
- The insulin-regulated aminopeptidase: a companion and regulator of GLUT4Susanna R Keller
University of Virginia, Department of Internal Medicine Division of Endocrinology, PO Box 801409, Charlottesville VA 22908, USA
Front Biosci 8:s410-20. 2003..Upon the cloning of the human placental oxytocinase (P-LAP) it was discovered that IRAP and P-LAP were the rat and human homologues of the same protein...
- Gut ischemia/reperfusion induced acute lung injury is an alveolar macrophage dependent eventLuciana Borsoi Moraes
Laboratory of Medical Investigation of the 3rd Division of Surgical Clinic, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Trauma 64:1196-200; discussion 1200-1. 2008..The objective of this study was to determine the effect of AM elimination on ALI after intestinal I/R in rats...
- Interleukin-1beta stimulates placental leucine aminopeptidase/oxytocinase expression in BeWo choriocarcinoma cellsYoko Ikoma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 9:103-10. 2003..Placental leucine aminopeptidase (P-LAP), an oxytocinase that is identical to cystine aminopeptidase, destroys OT activity...
- APP, APOE, complement receptor 1, clusterin and PICALM and their involvement in the herpes simplex life cycleC J Carter
Neurosci Lett 483:96-100. 2010..Alzheimer's disease susceptibility genes (APOE, clusterin, complement receptor 1 (CR1) and phosphatidylinositol binding clathrin assembly protein, PICALM) can be implicated directly (APOE, CR1) or indirectly (clusterin and PICALM) in ..
- Elevated homocysteine levels with weight loss after Lap-Band surgery: higher folate and vitamin B12 levels required to maintain homocysteine levelJ B Dixon
Monash University Department of Surgery, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, 3181 Australia
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:219-27. 2001To investigate homocysteine levels and their relationship with serum folate and vitamin B12 concentrations with weight loss after the Lap-Band form of gastric restrictive surgery, with the view to minimizing risk.
- Anti-cancer effect of bio-reductive drug beta-lapachon is enhanced by activating NQO1 with heat shockChang W Song
Radiobiology Laboratory, Department of Therapeutic Radiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int J Hyperthermia 24:161-9. 2008Bio-reduction/activation of anti-cancer drug beta-lapachone (beta-lap) is mediated by NAD(P)H: Quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1)...
- A qualitative study of limited access permit dental hygienists in OregonAnn M Battrell
American Dental Hygienists Association, USA
J Dent Educ 72:329-43. 2008..This qualitative study was designed to evaluate the impact of the Limited Access Permit (LAP) legislation in Oregon and to understand the relationship between dental hygienists and dentists within this ..
- Relationship between off-ice testing variables and on-ice speed in women's collegiate synchronized figure skaters: implications for trainingMichelle E Bower
Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
J Strength Cond Res 24:831-9. 2010..On-ice tests included a timed single lap sprint, 4.5-minute (duration of long program) lap count, and an approximately 16...
- Massive-training artificial neural network coupled with Laplacian-eigenfunction-based dimensionality reduction for computer-aided detection of polyps in CT colonographyKenji Suzuki
Department of Radiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 29:1907-17. 2010..we propose here a dimension reduction method for an MTANN by using Laplacian eigenfunctions (LAPs), denoted as LAP-MTANN...
- Expression, hormonal regulation, and subcellular localization of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-beta in rat and human thyrocytesMartine Pomerance
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Paris XI, Faculte de Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry, France
Thyroid 15:197-204. 2005..of C/EBP-beta mRNA results in the production of two isoforms, liver-enriched transcriptional activating protein (LAP) and liver-enriched transcriptional inhibitory protein (LIP), the latter lacking the transactivation domain...
- Usefulness of laparoscopic hepatectomyYasuhiro Mamada
Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 74:158-62. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the advantages of laparoscopic hepatectomy over open surgery for liver tumors...
- Production of L-leucine aminopeptidase by selected Streptomyces isolatesV Nagy
Department of Applied Biotechnology and Food Sciences, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Budapest, Hungary
J Appl Microbiol 104:380-7. 2008To screen various Streptomyces cultures producing L-leucine aminopeptidase (LAP).
- Effects of a calm companion on fear reactions in naive test horsesJ W Christensen
Department of Animal Health, Welfare and Nutrition, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Aarhus, Tjele, Denmark
Equine Vet J 40:46-50. 2008..In fear-eliciting situations, horses tend to show flight reactions that can be dangerous for both horse and man. Finding appropriate methods for reducing fearfulness in horses has important practical implications...
- Neuropilin-1 is a receptor for transforming growth factor beta-1, activates its latent form, and promotes regulatory T cell activityYelena Glinka
Department of Laboratory Medicine, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Room 2 013CC, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 1W8
J Leukoc Biol 84:302-10. 2008..It is a marker of regulatory T cells (Tr), which often carry Nrp1 and latency-associated peptide (LAP)-TGF-beta1 (the latent form)...
- Spatial emotional akinesia in Parkinson diseaseValeria Drago
Department of Neurology and Center for Neuropsychological Studies, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0236, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 21:92-7. 2008..We investigated whether PD patients have alterations in their emotional reactivity and how this might impact their proximal (avoidance) versus distal (approach) allocation of attention-intention...
- Mini-lap cholecystectomy: modifications and innovations in techniqueMushtaq Chalkoo
SMHS Hospital and its associated Government medical college, Srinagar, Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Int J Surg 8:112-7. 2010..We tried to modify the conventional cholecystectomy to a minimal access approach (with minimal required infrastructure) to suit majority of patients with cholelithiasis in lieu of cost and morbidity...
- The effect of furosemide on left atrial pressure in dogs with mitral valve regurgitationS Suzuki
Department of Veterinary Surgery, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Intern Med 25:244-50. 2011The effects of furosemide on left atrial pressure (LAP) in dogs with mitral regurgitation (MR) have not been documented in a quantitative manner and between different routes of administration.
- Eye white percentage as a predictor of temperament in beef cattleS Core
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Anim Sci 87:2168-74. 2009Accurately evaluating and selecting for calm temperament in beef cattle is important for economic and animal welfare reasons...
- Moving boundary electrophoretically mediated microanalysisB J Harmon
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1393, USA
J Chromatogr A 726:193-204. 1996..to zonal injection methods for the electrophoretically mediated microanalysis (EMMA) of leucine aminopeptidase (LAP)...
- Relationship between the changes in maternal serum placental leucine aminopeptidase (P-LAP) activity and umbilical artery waveforms in normal pregnancyS A Mohamed
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt
Horm Metab Res 28:147-9. 1996The relation between placental leucine aminopeptidase (P-LAP) activity in maternal sera and umbilical artery waveforms (systolic/diastolic ratio, S/D) obtained by pulsed Doppler has been examined by cross-sectional study in 26 normal ..
- [Stress as a precipitating factor in migraine]L Galiano
Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Dpto de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Alicante
Rev Neurol 23:830-2. 1995..on by stressful situations and events, although they also speak of the onset of their attacks during the period of calm immediately after such moments of stress...
- Dynamic regulation of the siphon withdrawal reflex of Aplysia californica in response to changes in the ambient tactile environmentT M Fischer
Department of Psychology, Yale University, USA
Behav Neurosci 114:1209-22. 2000..the ambient environment can regulate the Aplysia siphon withdrawal reflex (SWR) by changing the environment between calm and turbulent...
- Seat belt syndrome in children: a case report and review of the literatureD R Durbin
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 17:474-7. 2001Characteristic patterns of injury to children in automobile crashes resulting from lap and lap-shoulder belts have been described for many years. These injuries are known as the "seat belt syndrome...
- Origins of PDZ domain ligand specificity. Structure determination and mutagenesis of the Erbin PDZ domainNicholas J Skelton
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 278:7645-54. 2003The LAP (leucine-rich repeat and PDZ-containing) family of proteins play a role in maintaining epithelial and neuronal cell size, and mutation of these proteins can have oncogenic consequences...
- Distribution of adipocyte-derived leucine aminopeptidase (A-LAP)/ER-aminopeptidase (ERAP)-1 in human uterine endometriumDaijiro Shibata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1169-75. 2004Adipocyte-derived leucine aminopeptidase (A-LAP, endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase ERAP1) is specialized to produce peptides presented on the class I major histocompatibility complex (MHC) by trimming epitopes to eight or nine ..
- The needs of adolescent girls who self-harmKimberly Cerdorian
Professional Psychology Department, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Florida, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 43:40-6. 2005..or young adult, middle to upper class girls, who do so to feel something or, paradoxically, to stop feeling and calm down...
- Nonlinear analysis of heart rate variability during Qi therapy (external Qigong)Myeong Soo Lee
Center for Integrative Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, College of Oriental Medicine, Wonkwang University, Iksan 570 749, Republic of Korea
Am J Chin Med 33:579-88. 2005..Subjects who received the EQT reported more pleasant and calm emotions than did the placebo group...
- Ikaros is expressed in human extravillous trophoblasts and involved in their migration and invasionE Yamamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 11:825-31. 2005..In addition, we have reported that Ikaros regulates the human placental leucine aminopeptidase (P-LAP)/insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP) gene in choriocarcinoma trophoblastic cells, suggesting that Ikaros might ..
- Laparoscopic versus open resection for appendix carcinoidP Bucher
Clinic of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211, Geneva, 14, Switzerland
Surg Endosc 20:967-70. 2006..The goal of this study was to compare results of laparoscopic (LAP) versus open (OP) appendectomy for AC according to intend to treat approach.
- Vasopressin is a physiological substrate for the insulin-regulated aminopeptidase IRAPMichelle G Wallis
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1092-102. 2007..aminopeptidase (IRAP) is a membrane aminopeptidase and is homologous to the placental leucine aminopeptidase, P-LAP. IRAP has a wide distribution but has been best characterized in adipocytes and myocytes...
- The potential of virtual reality as anxiety management tool: a randomized controlled study in a sample of patients affected by generalized anxiety disorderAlessandra Gorini
Applied Technology for Neuro Psychology Lab, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
Trials 9:25. 2008..The visual presentation of a virtual calm scenario can facilitate patients' practice and mastery of relaxation, making the experience more vivid and real ..
- Using behavioral economics to understand end-of-life decisionsAmber E Barnato; Fiscal Year: 2010..study is to explore how emotions affect surrogates'decisions about treatments for patients (using hypothetical scenarios) and whether a different style of family-doctor communication can calm emotions and improve decision-making.
- C/EBP beta SIGNALS HEPATOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND SURVIVALMario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2012We and others have reported the isolation of a clone encoding for the CCAAT/Enhancer Binding Protein (C/EBP)I3 (LAP, NF-IL6, IL6-DBP), a liver-enriched activator protein that confers liver-specific gene expression...
- Regulation of glucose homeostasis by C/EBPBJacob E Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Specific Aim 3 we will determine the metabolic consequences of over-expressing the activating (LAP) and liver inhibiting (LIP) form of C/EBPb on lipogenesis and gluconeogenesis in-vivo...
- Molecular interactions: oral bacteria & matrix proteinsKeith Mintz; Fiscal Year: 2010..This bacterium is strongly associated with localized aggressive periodontitis (LAP) and with cases of adult periodontitis...
- Mechanisms of glomerular disesase progressionJeffrey R Schelling; Fiscal Year: 2012..Of known [unreadable]8 ligands, only latency-associated peptide (LAP), which combines with TGF[unreadable] to form the small latent complex (SLC), to maintain TGF[unreadable] in an ..
- Martina Buck; Fiscal Year: 2014..HCV E2 kinase activity may also affect other critical adaptor proteins including;HIP1, 2-arrestin, epsin, CALM, and PD2K1 by association/phosphorylation...
- IL-17-Induced Regulation of C/EBPbetaMICHELLE ROSAN SIMPSON-ABELSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..To this end, we will take advantage of a knockin mouse that cannot generate the most common ("LAP") isoform of C/EBP?...
- Mechanisms of Acceptance in Mouse Renal AllograftsRobert B Colvin; Fiscal Year: 2013..features in the graft, indicating Treg activity, such as the co-expression of latency associated protein (LAP) and Foxp3 or DC expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), that might be used to distinguish foxp3 dependent ..
- David A Boothman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Use of NQO1 'bioactivatable'drugs, such as ss-lapachone (ss-lap) and deoxynyboquinone (DNQ) that generate hydrogen peroxide as a mechanism to hyperactivate PARP1 and selectively ..
- Robyn A Honea; Fiscal Year: 2015..by environment interactions, we have identified several candidate genes associated with AD risk (BDNF, APOE, CLU, PICALM, CR1, TOMM40) 21, 22, and will take them through a three-step process...
- Biobehavioral Bases &Management of Type 2 Diabetes and DepressionNeil Schneiderman; Fiscal Year: 2011..is to determine if compared to Standard Care (SC), a Community Approach to Lifestyle Modification for Diabetes (CALM-D) program including diet, exercise and coping skills training, can decrease depression, weight and HbA1c and ..
- Preventing Depression in People with Epilepsy: An Extension of Project UPLIFTNancy J Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thoughts, (2) Challenging and Changing Thoughts, (3) Coping and Relaxing, (4) Attention and Mindfulness, (5) The Calm Present, (6) Thoughts as Changeable, Thoughts as Impermanent, (7) Focus on Pleasure and the Importance of ..
- EDWARD THOMAS LALLY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Its presence is most closely associated with localized aggressive periodontitis (LAP), a disease which primarily affects medically-underserved children in both in the United States and throughout the ..
- Anxiety and Alcohol Drinking in a Genetic Animal Model of AlcoholismJULIA ANN CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..toward alcohol drinking and to examine the effects of alcohol on the acquisition and expression of FPS in HAP/LAP lines...
- Alcohol Servers Applying PsychologyADAM JOHN WENDT; Fiscal Year: 2011..proactive management skills to maintain a positive social environment;4) apply stress reduction techniques to stay calm when problems arise;5) recognize and defuse potential problem situations;and 6) identify emergency situations and ..
- Rhodopsin endocytic trafficking and Drosophila visual sensitivityHong Sheng Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..Test the hypothesis that LAP is involved in the Rh1 endocytosis 5...
- Phosphodiesterease-4 (PDE4) as a Novel Target to Reduce Ethanol ConsumptionHan Ting Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..PDE4 activity and expression in brain regions of interest will be examined in HAP and low alcohol preferring (LAP) mice to see whether PDE4 is relevant in the genetic determination of ethanol preference...
- Environmental Adaptation and Membrane Physiology of an Oral PathogenKEITH PETER MINTZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..This bacterium is strongly associated with localized aggressive periodontitis (LAP)...
- Portable Mantram Meditation for Veterans with Military Related PTSDJill E Bormann; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., manage irritable, angry outbursts), tolerate distress (e.g., calm down, relax, reduce anxiety/panic), and interrupt obsessive thoughts about negative events...
- COOPERATIVE RESEARCH ON INFERTILITY IN PRIMATESRichard L Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2010..cellular manipulations to evaluate the role of GABA input, as well as that of other novel genes (FXYD, Nell2, and lAP-l) in upstream neuronal pathways, in controlling the function of LHRH neurons and normal reproductive cyclicity...
- KATE BASIA WOLITZKY-TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2016..Research Project: The candidate is proposing to (a) adapt the CALM Tools for Living CBT program for anxiety disorders that demonstrated effectiveness in a large-scale effectiveness ..
- Donald Edmondson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Most medical contexts are calm and predictable, but EDs frequently are not...
- Steven B Abramson; Fiscal Year: 2014..a) investigate the interaction of F-spondin with the Latency-associated peptide (LAP) of the latent TGF-[unreadable] complex and b) utilize yeast 2 hybrid and proteomic technologies to identify novel ..
- Functions of Lactoferrin Polymorphisms in an Oral InfectionKabilan Velliyagounder; Fiscal Year: 2011..actinomycetemcomitans (Aa) has been implicated as the causative agent of localized aggressive periodontitis (LAP), a severe form of periodontal disease that can lead to premature tooth loss in adolescents...
- Michael Croft; Fiscal Year: 2016..have shown in a mouse model of asthma that inhalation of pure protein antigen induces two iTreg populations, Foxp3+LAP- and Foxp3-LAP+ CD4 cells, that both can suppress Th2-driven allergic lung inflammation and protect against ..
- Richard S Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2016..g. CD4+LAP+ T cells) or processes (e.g. IgA production)...
- John Volckens; Fiscal Year: 2015..criterion;(b) investigate the sampling efficiency of the prototype sampler in a low-velocity wind tunnel and a calm-air chamber to quantify accuracy, precision, linearity, and internal losses, in controlled environments;and (c) ..
- Oral Colonization of Aggregatibacter in PrimatesDaniel H Fine; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans (Aa) is intimately associated with Localized Aggressive Periodontitis (LAP) in young adults...
- Wheelchair with drop down armrest for sliding transfers by userROBERT KENT OSBORN; Fiscal Year: 2011..secured directly under a flip back armrest (developed in Phase I) instead of being stowed behind or on the lap of the wheelchair user and thus cannot be dropped or misplaced...
- Daniel B Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2016..part of a tripartite latent complex that includes, in addition to TGF-[unreadable], the latency associated protein (LAP) and latent TGF-[unreadable] binding protein (LTBP), which is disulfide bonded to LAP...
- Role of Integrins/ECM in Controlling IGF-I ActionsDavid Robert Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2013..The physiologic significance of the SHPS-l-integrin associated protein (lAP) interaction will be defined in several cell types by disrupting this interaction and determining the consequences ..
- Animal-Assisted Intervention for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder Alan M Beck; Fiscal Year: 2013..Animals also act as anxiolytic stress-reducers, which may help calm children with ASD in the classroom...
- Cytotoxic mechanisms of Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans leukotoxinAngela C Brown; Fiscal Year: 2013..ctinomycetemcomitans is a Gram-negative pathogen that is the etiologic agent of localized aggressive periodontitis (LAP) and other systemic infections, including infective endocarditis...
- Proteomic Dissection of Withdrawal-Induced Excessive DrinkingChristine C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..using the Withdrawal Induced Drinking (WID) paradigm and 2) High Alcohol Preference (HAP)/Low Alcohol Preference (LAP) animals - animals selectively bred for differences in free-choice alcohol consumption by the 2 Bottle-Choice (2BC) ..
- Phillip B Messersmith; Fiscal Year: 2015..These polymers will be synthesized and tested as hard and soft tissue adhesives using macro-scale lap shear bond strength measurements...
- Osteocytes and Mechano-TransductionPAOLA DIVIETI PAJEVIC; Fiscal Year: 2011..Implementation Partner for this proposal are Calm Technologies and the Canadian Space Agency (CSA)...
- PAOLA DIVIETI PAJEVIC; Fiscal Year: 2014..Implementation Partner for this proposal are Calm Technologies and the Canadian Space Agency (CSA)...
- A Portable Spectrometer for Inhalable Aerosol Size DistributionsJohn Volckens; Fiscal Year: 2013..aerosol hazards in the workplace (ranging from 10 to 100 5m);(2) Evaluate device performance using a combination of calm-air chamber studies and low-velocity wind tunnel experiments;(3) Test sampler performance in the field by ..
- Characterization of LC3-Associated PhagocytosisJennifer Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2013..Despite the use of classical autophagy machinery, this process, herein referred to as LC3-associated phagocytosis (LAP), lacks the double membrane structure reminiscent of the autophagosome...
- Identification and Function of Receptors and LigandsJohn G Flanagan; Fiscal Year: 2011..The first part of Aim 1 deals with receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatases of the mammalian LAP family...
- Hypoxia and PMN Function in PeriodontitisIBRAHIM ALPDOGAN KANTARCI; Fiscal Year: 2012..PMN are locally hyperactivated, or primed, in periodontitis and LAP provides a convenient human model for constitutively primed PMN...
- Stephen L Nishimura; Fiscal Year: 2015..fibroblasts, dendritic cells and epithelial cells), is a high affinity receptor for the latncy associated peptide (LAP) of TGF-[unreadable], a multifunctional cytokine that must be activated in order to function...
- Engineering Functional Brown Fat with Anti-Obesity PotentialShingo Kajimura; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most recently, we found that PRDM16 forms a transcriptional complex with the active form of C/EBP-[unreadable] (LAP), serving as the critical molecular unit that controls the cell fate switch from myoblastic precursors to brown fat ..
- DAT QUOC TRAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..of highly purified Tregs from expansion cultures based on their selective expression of latency associated peptide (LAP), this project will address 1) the association and biomarkers of Treg repertoire, subsets and function for patients ..
- Interaction of Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans leukotoxin with membranesAngela C Brown; Fiscal Year: 2012..is a gram negative pathogen that is the etiologic agent of localized aggressive periodontitis (LAP) and other systemic infections, including infective endocarditis...
- Tight Adherence Genes of a Periodontal PathogenDavid H Figurski; Fiscal Year: 2012..pathogen Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, the causative agent of Localized Aggressive Periodontitis (LAP). Our prior studies have shown the tad locus is critical for A...
- William R Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2016..g. relaxed, calm) on risk fo later problems...
- Richard P Mayeux; Fiscal Year: 2016..is to validate and quantify the clinical impact of these newly identified genetic risk factors, namely SNPs in PICALM, CLU, BIN1, MS4A gene clusters, CD33, CD2AP, ABCA7 and EPHA1 using the multiplex families recruited through the ..
- Effect of Mood on Cognition: A Neuropsychometric Approach to Brain ImagingALLISON CANDICE WATERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..The neuropsychometric approach utilizes psychometric properties of single-word descriptors (e.g., calm) to amplify variance in dEEG that is related to Positive Affect or Negative Affect...
- SURGERY FOR NEC IN HUMAN INFANTS-- A RANDOMIZED TRIALR Moss; Fiscal Year: 2002..Traditional surgical therapy includes laparotomy, bowel resection, and creation of intestinal stomas (LAP). Simple primary peritoneal drainage (PPD) of the abdominal cavity is a novel, minimally invasive alternative...
- John O L Delancey; Fiscal Year: 2014..Muscle defects in the pubic portion of the levator ani (LAP) are also involved...
- C/EBPbeta Isoform Function & Regulation by Tyrosine KinasesCynthia Zahnow; Fiscal Year: 2009..The LAP isoforms are normally associated with differentiation, while LIP expression is commonly observed in proliferating ..
- INTRACELLULAR ROLE OF CLATHRIN AND ITS REGULATIONTHERESA O HALLORAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..2. We will determine the mechanism of regulation of clathrin lattice formation by the assembly protein CALM. CALM, clathrin assembly myeloid leukemia gene was identified as a gene whose disruption is associated with the ..
- Continuous Cardiac Output & Filling Pressure MonitoringRamakrishna Mukkamala; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., left atrial pressure (LAP)) through pulmonary capillary wedge pressure (PCWP)...
- TRANSLATION-INHIBITION OF HEPATITIS C AND POLIO VIRUSESAsim Dasgupta; Fiscal Year: 2003..Two inhibitors (a small RNA, IRNA and a small peptide, LAP) which efficiently block hepatitis C and poliovirus IRES-mediated translation (but not cellular translation) both ..
- Role of histone methyltransferases hDOTIL in leukemogenesisYi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, we have evidence that hDOTIL is also involved in CALM-AF10-mediated leukemia...
- M Ilyas Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2016..significant associations of LOAD with SNPs in nine additional loci, including, ABCA7, MS4A4, EPHA1, CLU, CR1, PICALM, BIN1, CD2AP and CD33 and all, but CR1 and CD2AP, have been replicated in our GWAS sample...
- High Performance Ultrasound Devise for Medical ImagingHAIXING ZHENG; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is very difficult and time consuming to lap down the ceramic to very thin elements and to dice very small elements in the fabrication of high frequency single ..
- TGFB AND GENE THERAPY IN SILICA INDUCED LUNG FIBROSISPatricia Sime; Fiscal Year: 2005..second strategy will exploit the inhibitory nature of the pre-proportion of the TGFb molecule itself, termed the LAP. Transgenic mice over-expressing LAP under control of the lung specific SP- C promoter will be used, and should ..
- Mechanisms of Leukemogenic Transformation by MLL-CALMDaniel Wechsler; Fiscal Year: 2009..an infant with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) that juxtaposed MLL to the Clathrin Assembly Lymphoid Myeloid Leukemia (CALM) gene at 11q14...
- C/EBP BETA TRANSLATION PRODUCTS IN MAMMARY EPITHELIUMJulie Hutt; Fiscal Year: 2002..mammary epithelial cells the principal C/EBP-beta translation product is a full-length transcription activator (LAP, or liver-enriched activator protein ). LAP appears to function in the early G1 phase of the cell cycle...
- Cultural Variation in Affect ValuationJEANNE TSAI; Fiscal Year: 2007..such as excitement, others value positive feelings that involve minimal physiological activation, such as calm. Variation in affect valuation, or the affective states that people value and would ideally like to feel, may ..
- Activation of latent TGF-beta by integrinsJOHN MUNGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..TGFbeta latency occurs as a result of binding to the TGFbeta propeptide Latency-Associated Peptide (LAP), and activation involves releasing TGFbeta from LAP...
- PREVENTION OF MAMMARY CANCER IN HER-2NEU TRANSGENIC MICESofia Merajver; Fiscal Year: 2007..from the intrinsic inhibition of NFkappaB activation and subsequent synthesis if target genes (TNF, IL-6, IL-8, lAP, MMPs)...