Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PGF
Description: placental growth factor
Alias: D12S1900, PGFL, PIGF, PLGF, PlGF-2, SHGC-10760, placenta growth factor, placental growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor-related protein
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of patients at risk for early onset and/or severe preeclampsia with the use of uterine artery Doppler velocimetry and placental growth factorJimmy Espinoza
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:326.e1-13. 2007..concentrations of the soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (sVEGFR-1) and placental growth factor (PlGF) in maternal blood even before the clinical development of the disease...
- A sequence-ready physical map of the region containing the human natural killer gene complex on chromosome 12p12.3-p13.2M Renedo
Unidad de Biologia Molecular, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Madrid, 28006, Spain
Genomics 65:129-36. 2000..HGMW-approved symbol CLECSF2)-KLRF1-OLR1-CD94 (HGMW-approved symbol KLRD1)-NKG2D (HGMW-approved symbol D12S2489E)-PGFL-NKG2F (HGMW-approved symbol KLRC4)-NKG2E (HGMW-approved symbol KLRC3)-NKG2A (HGMW-approved symbol KLRC1)-LY49L (..
- Placental growth factor-1 attenuates vascular endothelial growth factor-A-dependent tumor angiogenesis during beta cell carcinogenesisTibor Schomber
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics, Department of Clinical Biological Sciences, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Res 67:10840-8. 2007..in physiologic and pathologic angiogenesis, the exact role of the VEGF family member placental growth factor (PlGF) in tumor angiogenesis has remained controversial...
- PlGF-1 and VEGFR-1 pathway regulation of the external epithelial hemato-ocular barrier. A model for retinal edemaN Miyamoto
INSERM, UMRS 872, Equipe 17, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Ophthalmic Res 40:203-7. 2008..The ARPE19 human junctions in culture are modulated by VEGF through VEGFR-1 but not through VEGFR-2. PlGF-1, that is a pure agonist of VEGFR-1, is produced in ARPE-19 cells under hypoxic conditions and mimics VEGF effects ..
- Metal transcription factor-1 is involved in hypoxia-dependent regulation of placenta growth factor in trophoblast-derived cellsFumihito Nishimoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Faculty of Medicine, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Endocrinology 150:1801-8. 2009b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF) is a placental angiogenic factor. Metal-responsive transcription factor (MTF)-1 was reported to take part in the hypoxic induction of PlGF in RAS-transformed mouse fibroblasts...
- Loss of liver-intestine cadherin in human intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma promotes angiogenesis by up-regulating metal-responsive transcription factor-1 and placental growth factorMasaaki Takamura
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 757 Asahimachi dori 1, Chuo Ku, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Int J Oncol 36:245-54. 2010..Expression of placental growth factor (PlGF), one of the MTF-1 target genes, was up-regulated in the ICC cells transfected with LI-cadherin siRNA...
- Mapping the charged residues in the second immunoglobulin-like domain of the vascular endothelial growth factor/placenta growth factor receptor Flt-1 required for binding and structural stabilityT Davis-Smyth
Departments of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 273:3216-22. 1998..b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF) is an additional ligand for Flt-1...
- Placental growth factor (PlGF) and its receptor Flt-1 (VEGFR-1): novel therapeutic targets for angiogenic disordersAernout Luttun
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversitary Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Ann N Y Acad Sci 979:80-93. 2002..little attention has been devoted to the therapeutic potential for angiogenic disorders of placental growth factor (PlGF), a VEGF family member, and its receptor VEGFR-1 (Flt-1)...
- The crystal structure of placental growth factor in complex with domain 2 of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1Hans W Christinger
Department of Protein Engineering Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10382-8. 2004Placental growth factor (PlGF) is a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family and plays an important role in pathological angiogenic events...
- Placental growth factor induces FosB and c-Fos gene expression via Flt-1 receptorsDavid I R Holmes
Department of Medicine, The Rayne Building, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
FEBS Lett 557:93-8. 2004Placental growth factor (PlGF) is a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family that binds specifically to Flt-1...
- Anti-chemorepulsive effects of vascular endothelial growth factor and placental growth factor-2 in dorsal root ganglion neurons are mediated via neuropilin-1 and cyclooxygenase-derived prostanoid productionLili Cheng
Department of Medicine, The Rayne Institute, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:30654-61. 2004..Neuropilin-1 (NP-1) is a receptor for VEGF165 and placental growth factor-2 (PlGF-2), but the role of NP-1 in VEGF-dependent neurotrophic actions is unclear...
- VEGF-A and PlGF-1 stimulate chemotactic migration of human mesenchymal progenitor cellsJörg Fiedler
Orthopaedic Department, Division for Biochemistry of Joint and Connective Tissue Diseases, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 334:561-8. 2005..We could demonstrate a dose-dependent chemoattractive effect of VEGF-A and PlGF-1, but not VEGF-E or VEGF-C, on human mesenchymal progenitor cells...
- Increased sFlt-1 to PlGF ratio in women who subsequently develop preeclampsiaShin Young Kim
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Kwandong University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:873-7. 2007..of this study was to determine whether the levels of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1) and placenta growth factor (PlGF) are altered during the second trimester in the plasma of women who subsequently develop ..
- PGF isoforms, PLGF-1 and PGF-2 and the PGF receptor, neuropilin, in human breast cancer: prognostic significanceAstrid Escudero-Esparza
Department of Surgery, Cardiff School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Oncol Rep 23:537-44. 2010b>Placenta growth factor (PLGF) is a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family, a group of angiogenic growth factors. Recently, isoforms have been identified...
- Isolation of a human placenta cDNA coding for a protein related to the vascular permeability factorD Maglione
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, Consiglio Nazionale della Ricerce, Naples, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:9267-71. 1991..permeability factor (VPF) was isolated from a term placenta cDNA library; we therefore named its product placenta growth factor (PlGF)...
- Two alternative mRNAs coding for the angiogenic factor, placenta growth factor (PlGF), are transcribed from a single gene of chromosome 14D Maglione
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, CNR, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 8:925-31. 1993We have previously reported on the identification of a cDNA (placenta growth factor, PlGF) coding for a novel angiogenic factor expressed in placental tissue that is similar to vascular permeability factor/vascular endothelial growth ..
- Placenta growth factor. Potentiation of vascular endothelial growth factor bioactivity, in vitro and in vivo, and high affinity binding to Flt-1 but not to Flk-1/KDRJ E Park
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Biol Chem 269:25646-54. 1994The recently identified placenta growth factor (PIGF) is a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family of growth factors. PIGF displays a 53% identity with the platelet-derived growth factor-like region of VEGF...
- A heparin-binding form of placenta growth factor (PlGF-2) is expressed in human umbilical vein endothelial cells and in placentaS Hauser
Institute of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Freiburg, Germany
Growth Factors 9:259-68. 1993b>Placenta Growth Factor (PlGF) was recently discovered as a secreted growth factor for vascular endothelial cells and based on its homology to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), can be classified as a new member of this growth ..
- Placenta growth factor-1 is chemotactic, mitogenic, and angiogenicM Ziche
Department of Pharmacology, University of Florence, Italy
Lab Invest 76:517-31. 1997The placental-derived growth factor (PIGF) is a dimeric glycoprotein showing a high degree of sequence similarity to the vascular endothelial growth factor...
- Placenta growth factor-1 antagonizes VEGF-induced angiogenesis and tumor growth by the formation of functionally inactive PlGF-1/VEGF heterodimersAnna Eriksson
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, S 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Cell 1:99-108. 2002..and molecular mechanisms of VEGF have been well studied, the biological function of its related homolog, placenta growth factor (PlGF), is poorly understood...
- Placental growth factor reconstitutes hematopoiesis by recruiting VEGFR1(+) stem cells from bone-marrow microenvironmentKoichi Hattori
Department of Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Nat Med 8:841-9. 2002..Placental growth factor (PlGF), which signals through VEGFR1, restored early and late phases of hematopoiesis following BM suppression...
- A critical role of placental growth factor in the induction of inflammation and edema formationHajimu Oura
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Blood 101:560-7. 2003..Up-regulation of placental growth factor (PlGF), a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family, has been found in several conditions associated ..
- Vitreous levels of placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathyYoshinori Mitamura
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Japan
Diabetes Care 25:2352. 2002
- Longitudinal serum concentrations of placental growth factor: evidence for abnormal placental angiogenesis in pathologic pregnanciesRobert N Taylor
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:177-82. 2003....
- Excess placental soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1) may contribute to endothelial dysfunction, hypertension, and proteinuria in preeclampsiaSharon E Maynard
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 111:649-58. 2003..that placental soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1), an antagonist of VEGF and placental growth factor (PlGF), is upregulated in preeclampsia, leading to increased systemic levels of sFlt1 that fall after delivery...
- Placenta growth factor activates monocytes and correlates with sickle cell disease severityNatalya Perelman
Division of Hematology Oncology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Blood 102:1506-14. 2003..We found that erythroid cells produced placenta growth factor (PlGF), an angiogenic growth factor belonging to the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family, and ..
- Role of PlGF in the intra- and intermolecular cross talk between the VEGF receptors Flt1 and Flk1Monica Autiero
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KULeuven, Leuven, B 3000, Belgium
Nat Med 9:936-43. 2003..Here we report that placental growth factor (PGF, also known as PlGF) regulates inter- and intramolecular cross talk between the VEGF RTKs Flt1 and Flk1...
- Placental growth factor, a member of the VEGF family, contributes to the development of choroidal neovascularizationJean Marie Rakic
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:3186-93. 2003..In the current study, the influence of placental growth factor (PlGF), a member of the VEGF family, in human and experimental choroidal neovascularization (CNV) was investigated.
- Women with endometriosis have increased levels of placental growth factor in the peritoneal fluid compared with women with cystadenomasNobuhiro Suzumori
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya City University, Graduate School of Medicine, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho ku, Mizuho cho, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Hum Reprod 18:2595-8. 2003To assess the release of placental growth factor (PlGF) into peritoneal fluid in women with and without endometriosis, we measured its concentration with reference to disease stage, the presence of red endometriotic lesions and the phase ..
- Identification of placenta growth factor determinants for binding and activation of Flt-1 receptorMichela Errico
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 279:43929-39. 2004b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF) belongs to the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family and represents a key regulator of angiogenic events in pathological conditions...
- Soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 is increased in preeclampsia but not in normotensive pregnancies with small-for-gestational-age neonates: relationship to circulating placental growth factorEiji Shibata
Magee Womens Research Institute, University of Pittsburgh, 204 Craft Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4895-903. 2005..binding and thereby reducing concentrations of free vascular endothelial growth factor and placental growth factor (PlGF) in the circulation...
- Placenta growth factor expression in human atherosclerotic carotid plaques is related to plaque destabilizationKevin Pilarczyk
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic Rochester, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN, USA
Atherosclerosis 196:333-40. 2008b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF) mediates angiogenesis and inflammation, but its role in human atherosclerosis is unknown...
- Placental growth factor-1 and epithelial haemato-retinal barrier breakdown: potential implication in the pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathyN Miyamoto
INSERM U598, Physiopathology of Ocular Diseases, Therapeutic Innovations, Biomedical Institute des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006, Paris, France
Diabetologia 50:461-70. 2007..High placental growth factor (PLGF) vitreous levels have been found in diabetic patients...
- Anti-PlGF inhibits growth of VEGF(R)-inhibitor-resistant tumors without affecting healthy vesselsChristian Fischer
Department for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, VIB, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Cell 131:463-75. 2007..We explored the therapeutic potential and mechanisms of alphaPlGF, an antibody against placental growth factor (PlGF), a VEGF homolog, which regulates the angiogenic switch in disease, but not in health...
- The molecular basis of VEGFR-1 signal transduction pathways in primary human monocytesVadim Tchaikovski
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Maastricht, Cardiovascular Research Institute of Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:322-8. 2008..Little is known about intracellular signaling pathways mediating the biological functions triggered by VEGFR-1 in primary monocytes...
- A longitudinal study of angiogenic (placental growth factor) and anti-angiogenic (soluble endoglin and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1) factors in normal pregnancy and patients destined to develop preeclampsia and deliver a small forRoberto Romero
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:9-23. 2008..e., vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and placental growth factor (PlGF)) and anti-angiogenic factors (i.e...
- Elevation of plasma placental growth factor in the patients with ischemic cardiomyopathyTomohiro Nakamura
Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical University Saitama Medical Center, Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Int J Cardiol 131:186-91. 2009Placental growth factor (PlGF), which is a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor family, stimulates angiogenesis and collateral growth in ischemic tissues...
- Placenta growth factor augments endothelin-1 and endothelin-B receptor expression via hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alphaNitin Patel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Blood 112:856-65. 2008..We previously showed that erythroid cells produce placenta growth factor (PlGF), which activates monocytes to induce proinflammatory cytochemokines, contributing to the baseline ..
- Potential role for plasma placental growth factor in predicting coronary heart disease risk in womenAedin Cassidy
School of Medicine, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:134-9. 2009The purpose of this study was to examine placental growth factor's (PlGF) predictive value in relation to coronary heart disease (CHD) risk in healthy women.
- Placenta growth factor induces 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein to increase leukotriene formation in sickle cell diseaseNitin Patel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Blood 113:1129-38. 2009..b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF), elaborated from erythroid cells, activated MNC and THP-1 monocytic cells to induce LT production...
- Serum sFlt1:PlGF ratio, PlGF, and soluble endoglin levels in gestational proteinuriaAkihide Ohkuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
Hypertens Pregnancy 28:95-108. 2009It was recently reported that both a high soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1): placental growth factor (PlGF) ratio (sFlt1:PlGF ratio) and high soluble endoglin (sEng) levels are related to the later occurrence of preeclampsia...
- Role of placenta growth factor and its receptor flt-1 in rheumatoid inflammation: a link between angiogenesis and inflammationSeung Ah Yoo
Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Arthritis Rheum 60:345-54. 2009To investigate the direct effects of placenta growth factor (PlGF) and its specific receptor, flt-1, which are known to mediate angiogenesis, on the inflammatory process of rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Treatment with recombinant placental growth factor (PlGF) enhances both angiogenesis and arteriogenesis and improves survival after myocardial infarctionYukiji Takeda
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Japan
Circ J 73:1674-82. 2009Placental growth factor (PlGF), a homolog of vascular endothelial growth factor, is reported to stimulate angiogenesis and arteriogenesis in pathological conditions...
- PGF isoforms, PLGF-1 and PGF-2, in colorectal cancer and the prognostic significanceAstrid Escudero-Esparza
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, Department of Surgery, Cardiff School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 6:239-46. 2009This study examined the expression of PLGF-1 and PGF-2 in human colorectal cancer and how changes in expression may be linked to prognosis of the disease.
- Placenta growth factor in sickle cell disease: association with hemolysis and inflammationJulia E Brittain
Department of Biochemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
Blood 115:2014-20. 2010b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF) is released by immature erythrocytes and is elevated in sickle cell disease (SCD)...
- High levels of placenta growth factor in sickle cell disease promote pulmonary hypertensionNambirajan Sundaram
Divison of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Blood 116:109-12. 2010..We previously demonstrated that placenta growth factor (PlGF), an angiogenic factor produced by erythroid cells, induces hypoxia-independent expression of the ..
- Placenta growth factor (PlGF), a novel inducer of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) in sickle cell disease (SCD)Nitin Patel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
J Biol Chem 285:16713-22. 2010..b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF), released at high levels by sickle erythroblasts, induced PAI-1 expression in primary human ..
- PlGF blockade does not inhibit angiogenesis during primary tumor growthCarlos Bais
Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cell 141:166-77. 2010It has been recently reported that treatment with an anti-placenta growth factor (PlGF) antibody inhibits metastasis and primary tumor growth...
- Angiotensin II upregulates the expression of placental growth factor in human vascular endothelial cells and smooth muscle cellsPingxi Pan
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Diseases, National Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Human Diseases, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
BMC Cell Biol 11:36. 2010..Placental growth factor (PlGF) is a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family cytokines and is associated with inflammatory ..
- Placental growth factor mediates aldosterone-dependent vascular injury in miceIris Z Jaffe
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Clin Invest 120:3891-900. 2010..Using gene expression profiling, we identify the pro-proliferative VEGF family member placental growth factor (PGF) as an aldosterone-regulated vascular MR target gene in mice and humans...
- Soluble fms-Like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1), endoglin and placental growth factor (PlGF) in preeclampsia among high risk pregnanciesRobert W Powers
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13263. 2010..concentrations of antiangiogenic factors sFlt1 and soluble endoglin (sEng) and the pro-angiogenic growth factor PlGF are reported to precede the onset of preeclampsia weeks to months in low-risk pregnant women...
- Placental growth factor in patients with decreased renal functionOskar Zakiyanov
Department of Nephrology, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague and General University Hospital in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Ren Fail 33:291-7. 2011..Placental growth factor (PlGF) is a proatherogenic cytokine and new biomarker of cardiovascular events...
- A longitudinal study of plasma levels of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1), placental growth factor (PlGF), sFlt1: PlGF ratio and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF-A) in normal pregnancyMaria Palm
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 90:1244-51. 2011To describe plasma levels of angiogenic (PlGF, VEGF-A) and anti-angiogenic (sFlt1) factors as well as the sFlt1:PlGF ratio throughout normal pregnancy and postpartum.
- Expression of a functional VEGFR-1 in tumor cells is a major determinant of anti-PlGF antibodies efficacyJenny Yao
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:11590-5. 2011b>PlGF, one of the ligands for VEGFR-1, has been implicated in tumor angiogenesis...
- Soluble FMS-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1) and serum placental growth factor (PlGF) as biomarkers for ectopic pregnancy and missed abortionAlexandros Daponte
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Thessalia Medical School, Larissa 41222, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1444-51. 2011..Diagnosis of early pregnancy failure is hampered by the lack of reliable serological markers...
- Maternal plasma concentrations of angiogenic/anti-angiogenic factors are of prognostic value in patients presenting to the obstetrical triage area with the suspicion of preeclampsiaTinnakorn Chaiworapongsa
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:1187-207. 2011To determine whether maternal plasma concentrations of placental growth factor (PlGF), soluble endoglin (sEng), soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (sVEGFR-1) and -2 could identify patients at risk for developing ..
- The trend of VEGF-A and PlGF in pregnant patients: a perspective case-control study on 214 womenT S Patrelli
Department of Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Padua, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 39:57-64. 2012..to measure plasmatic concentrations of vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) and placental growth factor (PIGF) in pregnant women, and to evaluate their relationship with age, hormonal status, gestational age, and different ..
- Placental productions and expressions of soluble endoglin, soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-1, and placental growth factor in normal and preeclamptic pregnanciesYang Gu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport, PO Box 33932, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:260-6. 2008..Increased production of antiangiogenic factors soluble endoglin (sEng) and soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-1 (sFlt-1) by the placenta contributes to the pathophysiology in preeclampsia (PE)...
- The change in concentrations of angiogenic and anti-angiogenic factors in maternal plasma between the first and second trimesters in risk assessment for the subsequent development of preeclampsia and small-for-gestational ageOffer Erez
Perinatology Research Branch, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:279-87. 2008..as well as lower plasma concentrations of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and placental growth factor (PlGF) than do patients with normal pregnancies...
- Efficacy of PGF(2alpha) to synchronize estrus in water buffalo cows (Bubalus bubalis) is dependent upon plasma progesterone concentration, corpus luteum size and ovarian follicular status before treatmentL F C Brito
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Federal University of Uberlandia, Uberlandia MG, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 73:23-35. 2002This study was conducted to identify factors affecting PGF(2alpha) efficacy to synchronize estrus in water buffalo cows. After detection of a corpus luteum (CL) by rectal palpation, cows were treated (im) with dinoprost (12...
- Alterations in placental growth factor levels before and after the onset of preeclampsia are more pronounced in women with early onset severe preeclampsiaAkihide Ohkuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:151-9. 2007It has been established that the serum placental growth factor (PlGF) decreases and the soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1) increases in women with preeclampsia...
- Twin pregnancy and the risk of preeclampsia: bigger placenta or relative ischemia?Yuval Bdolah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:428.e1-6. 2008..molecule of placental origin, plays a central role in preeclampsia by antagonizing placental growth factor (PlGF) and vascular endothelial growth factor signaling in the maternal vasculature...
- Effective prediction of preeclampsia by a combined ratio of angiogenesis-related factorsJi Hyae Lim
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Medical Research Institute, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Seoul, Korea
Obstet Gynecol 111:1403-9. 2008..of angiogenesis-related factors, including soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt-1), soluble endoglin, placental growth factor (PlGF), and transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1), in women who subsequently developed preeclampsia.
- Investigating the differential activation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptorsBruno Araújo Cautiero Horta
Physical Organic Chemistry Group, Departamento de Quimica Organica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Cidade Universitaria, CT, Bloco A, lab 609, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21941 909, Brazil
J Mol Graph Model 28:287-96. 2009..b>PlGF, VEGF, VEGFB, VEGFC and VEGFD were identified as members of the vascular endothelial growth factor family...
- The role of urinary soluble endoglin in the diagnosis of pre-eclampsia: comparison with soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 to placental growth factor ratioC S Buhimschi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BJOG 117:321-30. 2010..imbalance of angiogenic factors, we sought to determine the clinical utility of urinary soluble endoglin, relative to the soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 to placental growth factor (PlGF) ratio, in the diagnosis of PE during gestation.
- Gap junctional intercellular communication of bovine luteal cells from several stages of the estrous cycle: effects of prostaglandin F2 alpha, protein kinase C and calciumA T Grazul-Bilska
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo 58105, USA
Prostaglandins 52:285-302. 1996..and late luteal phases of the estrous cycle were dispersed with collagenase and incubated with no treatment, LH, PGF or LH + PGF (Experiment 1), or with no treatment, or agonists or antagonists of protein kinase C (TPA or H-7) or ..
- What regulates placental steroidogenesis in 90-day pregnant ewes?Yoshie S Weems
Department of Human Nutrition, Food, and Animal Sciences, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822, United States
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:54-65. 2007..Prostaglandins 1992;43:203-22; Weems YS, Vincent DL, Nusser K, et al. Effects of prostaglandin F(2alpha) (PGF(2alpha)) on secretion of estradiol-17beta and cortisol in 90-100 day hysterectomized, intact, or ovariectomized ..
- Microvascular effects of selective prostaglandin analogues in the eye with special reference to latanoprost and glaucoma treatmentJ Stjernschantz
Department of Neuroscience, Unit of Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Prog Retin Eye Res 19:459-96. 2000..Results from studies with the following prostaglandin analogues are presented in the paper: PGF(2alpha)-isopropyl ester (PGF(2alpha)-IE), 17-phenyl-18,19,20-trinor-PGF(2alpha)-isopropyl ester (17-phenyl-PGF(2a)-..
- Altered angiogenesis in preeclampsia: evaluation of a new test system for measuring placental growth factorMarkus Schmidt
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:1504-10. 2007Decreased concentrations of the circulating angiogenic factors, free placental growth factor (PLGF) and free vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and increased concentrations of the anti-angiogenic factor, soluble fms-like tyrosine ..
- Activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 sustains angiogenesis and Bcl-2 expression via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway in endothelial cellsJun Cai
Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Diabetes 52:2959-68. 2003..secretion of various vasoactive growth factors, including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and placenta growth factor (PlGF)...
- Evaluation of short estrus synchronization methods in dairy cowsUmüt Cirit
Department of Reproduction and Artificial Insemination, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Anim Reprod Sci 109:65-76. 2008..were not detected in estrus since calving between the 50th and 84th post-partum days, were treated with PGF2alpha (PGF, d-cloprostenol, 0...
- Prostaglandin E1 (PGE1), but not prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), alters luteal and endometrial luteinizing hormone (LH) occupied and unoccupied LH receptors and mRNA for LH receptors in ovine luteal tissue to prevent luteolysisY S Weems
Dept of HNFAS, University of Hawaii, 1955 East West Road, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 91:42-50. 2010Loss of luteal progesterone secretion at the end of the ovine estrous cycle is via uterine PGF(2)alpha secretion. However, uterine PGF(2)alpha secretion is not decreased during early pregnancy in ewes...
- Prostaglandin F2alpha differentially affects mRNA expression relating to angiogenesis, vasoactivation and prostaglandins in the early and mid corpus luteum in the cowKoumei Shirasuna
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Japan
J Reprod Dev 56:428-36. 2010..However, PGF(2alpha) does not induce luteolysis during the early luteal phase (up to Day 5 of the estrous cycle)...
- Contrasting effects of chronic hypoxia and nitric oxide synthase inhibition on circulating angiogenic factors in a rat model of growth restrictionMert Ozan Bahtiyar
Division of Maternal and Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:72.e1-6. 2007..fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt-1), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and placental growth factor (PlGF)...
- The effect of estrus synchronization treatment on somatic cell count of transitional-anestrus local-Damascus cross breed goats' milkA Q Talafha
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid 22110, Jordan
Trop Anim Health Prod 40:185-92. 2008..2-4-year old) were randomly assigned to three groups: fluorogestone acetate (FGA, n = 19), FGA-Prostaglandin (FGA-PGF, n = 19) and control (n = 18) groups...
- 15-Ketodihydro-PGF(2 alpha), progesterone and uterine involution in primiparous cows with induced retained placenta and post-partal endometritis treated with oxytetracycline and flunixinK Konigsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Centre for Reproductive Biology in Uppsala, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, Uppsala, Sweden
Reprod Domest Anim 37:43-51. 2002..From an endocrine perspective, cows with RFM have high levels of 15-ketodihydro-PGF(2 alpha) (PG-metabolite) immediately after parturition but these levels fall rapidly within 2 weeks post-partum (..
- Effect of luteinizing hormone (LH), pregnancy-specific protein B (PSPB), or arachidonic acid (AA) on secretion of progesterone and prostaglandins (PG) E (PGE; PGE(1) and PGE(2)) and F(2alpha) (PGF(2alpha)) by ovine corpora lutea of the estrous cycle or prY S Weems
Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:163-73. 2007..8, 11, 13, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 90) were incubated in vitro with vehicle, LH, AA (precursor to PGE(2) and PGF(2alpha) synthesis), or PSPB in M199 for 4 h and 8 h...
- Acute pyelonephritis during pregnancy changes the balance of angiogenic and anti-angiogenic factors in maternal plasmaTinnakorn Chaiworapongsa
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD, NIH, DHHS, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:167-78. 2010..This study was conducted to determine if maternal plasma concentrations of placental growth factor (PlGF), sVEGFR-2, and soluble endoglin (sEng) change in pregnancies complicated by acute pyelonephritis (AP) compared ..
- In vitro ovulation, prostaglandin synthesis, and proteolysis in isolated ovarian components of yellow perch (Perca flavescens): effects of 17 alpha,20 beta-dihydroxy-4-pregnen-3-one and phorbol esterA K Berndtson
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Gen Comp Endocrinol 75:454-65. 1989..of isolated perch follicles in which the extrafollicular (EF) ovarian tissue had been removed; (2) prostaglandin F (PGF) and prostaglandin E (PGE) synthesis in EF tissue and intact (= follicles attached to EF tissue) and isolated ..
- Intracellular pathways triggered by the selective FLT-1-agonist placental growth factor in vascular smooth muscle cells exposed to hypoxiaLydia Bellik
Laboratory of Vascular Pharmacology, Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Viale G Pieraccini, 50139, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 146:568-75. 2005..previously shown that hypoxia makes vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) responsive to placental growth factor (PlGF) through the induction of functional fms-like tyrosine kinase (Flt-1) receptors...
- Adverse adipose phenotype and hyperinsulinemia in gravid mice deficient in placental growth factorBianca Hemmeryckx
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Health Canpus Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Endocrinology 149:2176-83. 2008..Pregnancy-induced metabolic changes are regulated by signals from an expanded adipose organ. Placental growth factor (PlGF), acting through vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1, may be among those signals...
- Circulating angiogenic factors determined by electrochemiluminescence immunoassay in relation to the clinical features and laboratory parameters in women with pre-eclampsiaAttila Molvarec
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Hypertens Res 33:892-8. 2010..whether increased serum soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1) and decreased placental growth factor (PlGF) levels in pre-eclampsia are related to the clinical features and laboratory parameters of the patients, including ..
- Placenta growth factor induces melanoma resistance to temozolomide through a mechanism that involves the activation of the transcription factor NF-κBLauretta Levati
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Int J Oncol 38:241-7. 2011b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF) and its receptor vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (VEGFR-1) are co-expressed in a large number of human melanoma cell lines...
- Effect of fixed-time embryo transfer on reproductive efficiency in high-producing repeat-breeder Holstein cowsC A Rodrigues
SAMVET Embriões, Rua Getúlio Vargas 300, CEP 13560 000, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 118:110-7. 2010..CL were randomly assigned to two additional treatments and submitted to embryo transfer after detection of estrus (PGF-Estrus) or FTET (FTET-CL). Cows without CL were allocated to the FTET-NoCL treatment...
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids differentially alter PGF(2alpha) and PGE(2) release from bovine trophoblast and endometrial tissues during short-term cultureS Meier
DairyNZ Ltd, Hamilton, New Zealand
Anim Reprod Sci 111:353-60. 2009..DHA) or linoleic acid (C18:2omega6; LIN) reduced bovine endometrial and trophoblast prostaglandin F(2alpha) (PGF(2alpha)) and prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) release during short-term culture...
- Follicular wave of the ovulatory follicle and not cyclic status influences fertility of dairy cowsR S Bisinotto
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3578-87. 2010..In experiment 2, 220 cyclic Holstein cows received 2 injections of PGF(2alpha) administered 14 d apart. The Ovsynch protocol (d 0 GnRH, d 7 PGF(2alpha), d 9 GnRH, d 9...
- Is endothelin-1 luteolytic or antiluteolytic in ewes?Y S Weems
Dept of HNFAS, University of Hawaii, 1955 East West Road, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 90:63-8. 2009Endothelin-1 (ET-1) has been reported to mediate prostaglandin (PG) F(2)alpha (PGF(2)alpha)-induced luteolysis...
- Human melanoma cells secrete and respond to placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factorP M Lacal
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 115:1000-7. 2000..Little information is available on the role of placenta growth factor, a member of the vascular endothelial growth factor family of cytokines, in tumor angiogenesis, even ..
- First trimester urinary placental growth factor and development of pre-eclampsiaM D Savvidou
Department of Obstetrics, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
BJOG 116:643-7. 2009To compare urinary placental growth factor (PlGF) concentration at 11(+0) to 13(+6) weeks of gestation in women who subsequently develop pre-eclampsia with normotensive controls.
- Timed artificial insemination of two consecutive services in dairy cows using prostaglandin F2alpha and gonadotropin-releasing hormoneJ P Meyer
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:691-8. 2007Timed artificial insemination (TAI) protocols use PGF(2alpha) and GnRH injections to synchronize ovulation...
- The relationship between the production and the anti-gonadotrophic action of prostaglandin F 2 alpha in luteal cells from the marmoset monkey (Callithrix jacchus) in the early and mid-luteal phaseG E Webley
Institute of Zoology, Regent s Park, London NW1 4RY, UK
Gen Comp Endocrinol 166:436-42. 2010To address the potential luteolytic role for prostaglandin F(2 alpha) (PGF(2 alpha)) in the corpus luteum of the common marmoset monkey (Callithrix jacchus), the ability of marmoset luteal cells, maintained in monolayer culture, to ..
- Factors influencing upfront single-and multiple-ovulation incidence, progesterone, and luteolysis before a timed insemination resynchronization protocolJ S Stevenson
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506 0201
J Dairy Sci 90:5542-51. 2007..TAI) protocol and subsequent fertility after altering timing of the second GnRH injection and AI relative to PGF(2alpha) injection...
- Thromboxane and isoprostanes as inflammatory and vasoactive mediators in black walnut heartwood extract induced equine laminitisErik Noschka
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine Duck Pond Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24071, United States
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 129:200-10. 2009..of BWHE and coincided with the nadir in white blood cell counts, whereas plasma concentrations of iso-prostaglandin PGF(2alpha) (iso-PGF(2alpha)) did not change in either group...
- Comparison of long-term progestin-based estrus synchronization protocols in beef heifersD A Mallory
Division of Animal Science, S132 ASRC, University of Missouri, Columbia, 65211, USA
J Anim Sci 88:3568-78. 2010..Heifers assigned to the melengestrol acetate-PGF(2α) protocol (MGA-PG; n = 50) received MGA (0.5 mg·animal(-1)·d(-1)) in a 1...
- Effects of luteinizing hormone and prostaglandin F(2α) on gap junctional intercellular communication of ovine luteal cells throughout the estrous cycleA T Grazul-Bilska
Cell Biology Center, North Dakota State University, 58105, Fargo, ND
Endocrine 5:225-33. 1996..The objective of the present experiment was to evaluate the role of LH and prostaglandin F(2α) (PGF) in regulation of contact-dependent, gap junctional intercellular communication (GJIC) of ovine luteal cells from ..
- Raised levels of F(2)-isoprostanes and prostaglandin F(2alpha) in different rheumatic diseasesS Basu
Sections of Geriatrics and Clinical Nutrition Research, Faculty of Medicine, Uppsala University, Box 609, SE 751 25 Uppsala, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 60:627-31. 2001..To evaluate oxidative injury and inflammatory status in various rheumatic diseases by measuring the levels of isoprostanes and prostaglandins in serum and synovial fluid...
- Resynchronizing estrus and ovulation after not-pregnant diagnosis and various ovarian states including cystsJ S Stevenson
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506 0201, USA
J Dairy Sci 87:3658-64. 2004..Females were assigned randomly to receive PGF(2alpha) 7 d later (d 7) and then either received estradiol cypionate (ECP) 24 h after PGF(2alpha) (d 8; Heatsynch; ..
- Human plasma concentrations of malondialdehyde (MDA) and the F2-isoprostane 15(S)-8-iso-PGF(2alpha) may be markedly compromised by hemolysis: evidence by GC-MS/MS and potential analytical and biological ramificationsUlrike Dreissigacker
Institute of Sport Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Clin Biochem 43:159-67. 2010Malondialdehyde (MDA) and the F(2)-isoprostane 15(S)-8-iso-prostaglandin F(2alpha) (15(S)-8-iso-PGF(2alpha)) belong to the most frequently analyzed biomarkers of oxidative stress in basic and clinical research...
- Apoptosis in canine corpus luteum during spontaneous and prostaglandin-induced luteal regressionGiulio Aiudi
Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Medicine Veterinary, University of Bari, Str Prov Casamassima Km3, 70010 Valenzano, Italy
Theriogenology 66:1454-61. 2006..at selected times during diestrus and in nine pregnant bitches after 1 day of administering abortive doses of a PGF-analog gel formulation given intravaginally at selected times during gestation...
- Effect of time of artificial insemination and supplemental estradiol on reproduction of lactating dairy cowsJ Hillegass
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:4226-37. 2008..Holstein cows (971) had their estrous cycles presynchronized with injections of PGF(2alpha) at 37 and 51 d in milk (DIM) and then received an injection of GnRH at 64 DIM and an injection of PGF(..
- Urinary tract obstruction induces transient accumulation of COX-2-derived prostanoids in kidney tissueRikke Nørregaard
Deptartment of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital Skejby, Brendstrupgaardsvej, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1017-25. 2010..A full profile of all five primary prostanoids was obtained by mass spectrometric determination of PGE(2), PGF(2alpha), 6-keto-PGF(1alpha), PGD(2), and thromboxane (Tx) B(2) concentrations in kidney cortex/outer medulla and IM ..
- Placental Gene Expression Profile in PreeclampsiaS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2004..is one of the tyrosine kinase receptors for vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and placental growth factor (PGF)...
- STRETCH CHANGES IN THE RABBIT CERVIX BY PROSTAGLANDINJohn Conrad; Fiscal Year: 1980..to control the elasticity of the cervix by the in vitro addition of the prostaglandins PGE2 PGF2 alpha, PGE1, PGF 2 alpha 16,16 dimethyl ester, urea and indomethacin...
- EICOSANOIDS AND PREGNANT HUMAN MYOMETRIUMCH RAO; Fiscal Year: 1993..the combination of biochemical, molecular and cell biological techniques, we will investigate myometrial changes of PGF, PGF2 alpha, PGI2 and LTC4 receptors, cyclooxygenase, 5-lipoxygenase, PGE2, PGI2 isomerases and PGF2 alpha synthase ..
- Improve Wound Healing with HIF-CA5 DNA Vector and ElectroporationJohn W Harmon; Fiscal Year: 2010..CA5 transfection, resulting in up- regulation of mRNA expression for important angiogenic peptides including VEGF, PLGF, PDGF-B, Angiopoietin 1 and Angiopoietin 2...
- Priyabrata Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2016..have recently demonstrated that "bare" AuNPs bind to heparin binding growth factors such as VPF/VEGF165, bFGF and PlGF through their heparin-binding domain and inhibit their activities...
- Preeclampsia, IUGR and Hypertension: Targets for TreatmentJoey P Granger; Fiscal Year: 2013..such as sFlt-1, which antagonizes endogenous vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and placental growth factor (PlGF);inflammatory cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor (TNF [unreadable]);and reactive oxygen species (ROS)...
- Fabio A Recchia; Fiscal Year: 2015..the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family consists of five members, VEGF-A, -B, -C, - D and placenta growth factor (PlGF), synthesized by various cell types, including cardiomyocytes...
- Iris Z Jaffe; Fiscal Year: 2016..direct activation of MR in the aorta induces expression of the pro-atherosclerotic gene, placental growth factor (PlGF), and that genetic deficiency of PlGF in mice inhibits aldo-stimulated vascular injury suggesting that PlGF may ..
- VERGFR-1 in the Uterine Circulation During PregnancyGeorge J Osol; Fiscal Year: 2011..VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) and PlGF (Placental Growth Factor) are pleiotropic growth factors whose vascular actions are mediated by two dominant ..
- Placenta Growth Factor Inhibition in Head and Neck CancerNATALIE A SUTKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Placenta Growth Factor (PLGF) was recently identified as a novel therapeutic target for inhibiting tumor angiogenesis...
- Regulation of placenta growth factor by hemodynamics and reactive oxygen speciesPamela G Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Placenta growth factor (PlGF, PGF) is a VEGF-related growth factor that specifically favors the expansion of arteries via ..
- Contribution of the vascular niche to the hematopoietic reconstitution.Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2012..the molecular pathways and to define the mechanism whereby angiogenic factors, specifically the VEGF-A isoforms, PlGF and SDF1 elaborated by specific subsets of the hematopoietic cells support assembly and remodeling of BM's "..
- Rakesh K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2015..Thus, new targets for treatment are urgently needed. We recently discovered that placental growth factor (PlGF) is highly expressed in the MB-cancer cels and MB-associated stromal cells...
- Role of VEGF and PlGF signaling in sepsisWilliam C Aird; Fiscal Year: 2010We have shown that circulating levels of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and placental growth factor (PlGF) are elevated in mouse and human models of sepsis, that VEGF plays a pathogenic role in sepsis, and that the upregulation ..
- VEGF in Ischemic Neuroprotection, Neurodegeneration and RepairDAVID ALAN GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Other endogenous VEGF family members-VEGFC, VEGFD, and placental growth factor (PlGF)- have different receptor specificities, and little is known about their effects on the nervous system...
- GAP JUNCTIONS AND LUTEAL FUNCTIONANNA GRAZUL BILSKA; Fiscal Year: 1999..1), 2) the in vitro effects of luteinizing hormone (LH) and prostaglandin F/2alpha (PGF) on contact-dependent intercellular communication and second messenger systems of luteal cells (Exp...
- REGULATION OF ENDOMETRIAL PROSTAGLANDIN F-2A SECRETIONMARK MIRANDO; Fiscal Year: 1999..In swine, uterine secretion of prostaglandins (i.e. PGF 2alpha) is necessary for establishment of pregnancy and is also responsible for corpus luteum regression...
- PROSTAGLANDIN RECEPTOR REGULATION IN THE CORPUS LUTEUMMilo Wiltbank; Fiscal Year: 2000..With the recent cloning of the cDNAs for the various subtypes of PGE and PGF/2alpha receptors, an analysis of both the protein and mRNA for these receptors is possible...
- REGULATION OF THE PRIMATE CORPUS LUTEUMFIRYAL KHAN DAWOOD; Fiscal Year: 1992..a) to evaluate the effects of prostaglandin F2a on CL hormone production, b) to examine the effect of OT and hCG on PGF, 6- ketoprostaglandin F1a and 5-HETE production...
- Punam Malik; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies have shown that placenta growth factor (PlGF), an angiogenic growth factor produced in high amounts by sickle erythroid cells, induces expression ..
- Aqueous humor dynamics studies in vivo and in vitroPAUL LEON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Lentiviral vectors carrying genes for PGF synthase and for stromelysin (MMP-3) will be injected into the anterior segment of monkey eyes in vivo and the ..
- Defining the Mechanisms involved in LuteolysisMilo C Wiltbank; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the changes in the transcriptosome that are induced by the hormone causing luteolysis, prostaglandin F2alpha (PGF), in CL that have the ability to undergo luteolysis in response to PGF (luteolytic capacity) or in CL without ..
- Pro-inflammatory regulation of angiogenic gene expression in human trophoblastDonald S Torry; Fiscal Year: 2012..Trophoblasts normally produce high levels of the angiogenic growth factor, placenta growth factor (PGF)...
- A PHASE I/II TRIAL OF ZILEUTON IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEPunam Malik; Fiscal Year: 2011..it is sustained by the abnormal cytokine milieu perpetuated by chronic hypoxia and by release of placenta growth factor, a strong proinflammatory molecule released from the stimulated erythron in sickle cell disease...
- The Role of BBI36/38 in Lyme Disease PathogenesisAndrew J Nowalk; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have observed that BBA71, a member of the pgf family of membrane proteins, is increased in expression at conditions which mimic mammalian infection...
- Role of Egr-1 in Corpus Luteum FunctionJohn Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..In mammals, including primates and human, PGF/2alpha is believed to be the trigger that induces the regression (luteolysis) of the CL, whereby progesterone ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION AND ROLE OF PLACENTA GROWTH FACTORDonald S Torry; Fiscal Year: 2010..Trophoblast normally produces the potent angiogenic growth factor, placenta growth factor (PIGF) and expresses PIGF receptors (flt-1) which function in an autocrine manner to promote proliferation ..
- MASS SPECTROMETER SYSTEM AND ACCESSORIESALAN NIES; Fiscal Year: 1990..in humans will be assessed by the urinary excretion of the major enzymatic metabolite of prostacyclin, dinor-6-keto-PGF 1alpha as measured by GC/NICI-MS...
- Biodegradable Self-Inductive Scaffold for Cranial RegenerationEsmaiel Jabbari; Fiscal Year: 2010..human bone morphogenetic protein-2 (rhBMP-2), to a novel bioresorbable poly(lactide-co-glycolide fumarate) (PLGF) scaffold...
- Placental growth factor in skin angiogenesisMichael Detmar; Fiscal Year: 2001..We recently found that two PlGF isoforms, PIGF-1 and PIGF-2, are upregulated in the chronic inflammatory skin disorder psoriasis and in squamous ..
- A Pilot Study of Novel Candidate Genes for PreeclampsiaSue Ingles; Fiscal Year: 2005..several genes involved in placentation (HAND1, HASH2, GCM1, HIF-1alpha and TGFbeta3) and angiogenesis (VEGF, sFLT1, PGF), and one gene involved in utero-placental blood pressure regulation (MAO-A)...
- LOW-DOSE ASA AND PREVENTION OF PREGNANCY HYPERTENSIONJohn Hauth; Fiscal Year: 1991..be evaluated by measurements of salicylate, thrombin-induced platelet production of malondialdehyde, TXB, 6-keto-PGF, progesterone and estriol in maternal blood each 4 weeks from 24 weeks' gestation until delivery...
- HYPOXIC STRESS MECHANISMS IN RADIATION AND CHEMOTHERAPYKeith Laderoute; Fiscal Year: 2009..in the transcriptional regulation of a growing number of tumor-related proteins including metallothionein, placenta growth factor, zinc transporter-1, glucose-6-phosphate, dehydrogenase, and matrix metalloproteinases...
- STRUCTURAL IDENTIFICATION OF PROSTAGLANDIN CONJUGATESL Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2000..The ability of PGF-synthase and liver aldehyde reductase to reduce IsoP endoperoxides to F-ring IsoP's will also be examined...
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF EARLY EVENTS IN BLOOD VESSEL FORMChristopher Drake; Fiscal Year: 2006..will determine the morphological consequences of and the mechanisms by which VEGF-A (VEGF165/VEGFt21) and PLGF signaling via the VEGF receptors (Flkl, Fltl and Neuropilin 1 & 2) impact vascular morphogenesis and act to ..
- Renal and Cardiovascular Dysfunction in Hypertension and PregnancyJeffrey Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2007..of sFlt-1 to pregnant rats to mimic plasma concentrations observed in pre-eclamptic women, decreases free VEGF and PIGF and produces hypertension...
- DEFECTIVE MODULATION OF RENAL VASOCONSTRICTION IN SHREdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2000..4) The effects of sympathetic nerve stimulation on PGE-2 and 6-keto-PGF-1Alpha biosynthesis will be determined in the mesentery and kidney of SHR and WKY.
- CD154-CD13 Pathway in Inflammation-driven AngiogenesisLinda Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2004..VEGF and PlGF (placental growth factor) form synergistically active heterodimers that also induce CD13/APN expression...
- INFLAMMATION: CORRELATES AND PROGNOSIS IN FRAMINGHAMEmelia Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2003..endothelin-1, monocyte chemotactic protein-1, tumor necrosis factor-alpha) and oxidative stress markers (8-epi-PGF 2alpha, thromboxane B2). The specific aims of this proposal are to: 1...
- PROSTAGLANDIN F2ALPHA LUTEOTROPIC & LUTEOLYTIC EFFECTSJAMES HIXON; Fiscal Year: 1980Effects of prostaglandin F 2 alpha (PGF 2 alpha) and ICI 80,996 on secretion rates of progesterone and estradiol will be determined in intact cattle...
- THERAPEUTICALLY PROMISING PHOSPHOLIPID GROWTH FACTORSGabor Tigyi; Fiscal Year: 2006..the past funding period a new group of naturally occurring lipids, now known as the phospholipid growth factor (PLGF) family, has been isolated and characterized...
- Analysis of pgf 54 Members in Lyme Disease SerodiagnosisJames Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2007..Of interest are several members of paralogous gene family (pgf) 54 that localize to plasmid lp54 that are up-regulated in vitro when spirochetes are exposed to a temperature and ..
- Quantitative Analysis of Angiogenesis in Skeletal MuscleAleksander Popel; Fiscal Year: 2009..exercise and under conditions of exogenous administration of VEGF and its homolog, placenta! growth factor (PIGF)...
- PROSTAGLANDINS AND DECIDUAL TISSUEV Castracane; Fiscal Year: 1980..of uterine vein cannulation, which is essential to this study, will allow us to monitor changes in uterine PGE and PGF production (RIA) prior to dilution in peripheral blood...
- Phthalate Exposure and Pregnancy OutcomeT Peter Stein; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings will have ramifications for public health, for the packaging trade and for the chemical industry. ..
- RISK FACTORS & BIOMARKERS OF OX STRESS IN GRAFT FAILUREJason Christie; Fiscal Year: 2004..Primary graft failure (PGF) is a devastating acute lung injury syndrome following lung transplantation, which complicates up to 35 percent of ..
- eNOS: Metabolism & Vascular Biology in Health & DiseaseM Laughlin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The strong group of investigators submitting this application is uniquely qualified and prepared to accomplish these goals. ..
- Mechanisms of myometrial healing and regenerationCatalin Buhimschi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- OVINE INTERFERON-TAU REGULATES UTERINE HORMONE RECEPTORFuller Bazer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Bridges to the Doctorate in Reproductive BiologyFuller Bazer; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Placenta Growth factor in Sickle ACSMALIK PUNAM; Fiscal Year: 2008..We show that an erythroid-cell derived angiogenic growth factor, placental growth factor (PIGF) promotes a strong inflammatory response in SCD: it increases expression of VEGF, IL-1beta, IL-8, MCP-1, TNF alpha ..
- POTASSIUM CHANNELS AND CEREBRAL HEMODYNAMICS AFTER BRAINWilliam Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to therapies for brain injured children. ..
- Conference on Angiogenesis in Cancer and Other DiseasesRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting's synthesis of available information will be particularly thought-provoking for students and post- doctoral fellows. ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL EPOXIDES--MECHANISMS OF OVOTOXICITYPatricia Hoyer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of these studies will provide greater insight as to the impact of exposure to ovotoxic environmental chemicals on reproductive health in women. ..
- Anti-angiogenic signaling molecules in retinal cellsNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2004..our long-term goal is to begin to apply the information obtained from this project to the design of strategies to regulate angiogenesis in clinical settings. ..
- Angiogenesis:Novel Basic Science Insight & Human TherapyNapoleone Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Protein Ubiquitination in AngiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of molecules that inhibit the angiogenic signaling of VEGFR-2 will provide new avenues for development of better and more effective agents to combat angiogenesis-associated diseases. ..
- MAJOR HISTOCOMPATIBILITY MOLECULES IN LUTEAL FUNCTIONJOY PATE; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Robert Weinreb; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Eicosanoids and the Outflow Pathways of the EyeRobert Weinreb; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these studies have important implications for the discovery of new treatments for glaucoma and other vision-threatening eye diseases. ..
- Predictive Markers of Glioblastoma Response to VEGF TrapJohn de Groot; Fiscal Year: 2008..VEGF Trap is a recombinantly-produced fusion protein which scavenges free VEGF and placental growth factor (PlGF) removing important ligands for the VEGF family receptors...
- Genetic Regulation of Postnatal Uterine Morphogenesis and FunctionThomas Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will help determine important genes for reproduction and help to design clinical therapies to prevent, identify and treat reproductive problems in women. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCES CODING FOR A HUMAN PROTEIN WITH ANGIOGENESIS REGULATIVE PROPERTIESPatent Number: WO9206194-A1; Date:1992-04-16