Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PF4
Description: platelet factor 4
Alias: CXCL4, PF-4, SCYB4, platelet factor 4, C-X-C motif chemokine 4, chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 4, iroplact, oncostatin-A
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Platelet function and fibrinolytic activity in patients with bronchial asthmaBulent Tutluoglu
Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 11:77-81. 2005..Platelet factor-4 (PF4) and beta-thromboglobulin (BTG) are two of these mediators...
- IgG classification of anti-PF4/heparin antibodies to identify patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia during mechanical circulatory supportS Schenk
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center North Rhine Westphalia, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 5:235-41. 2007Commercial immunoassays frequently detect anti-PF4/heparin antibodies during mechanical circulatory support (MCS), but only a small minority of patients develops heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)...
- Determination of the source of increased serotonin (5-HT) concentrations in blood and peritoneal fluid of colic horses with compromised bowelC Delesalle
Large Animal Internal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
Equine Vet J 40:326-31. 2008..In the equine jejunum contractile 5-HT1A-like receptors show tachyphylaxia upon prolonged activation with 5-HT. Therefore, increased systemic 5-HT release in colic horses could play a possible role in the pathophysiology of ileus...
- The CXC-chemokine platelet factor 4 promotes monocyte survival and induces monocyte differentiation into macrophagesB Scheuerer
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, D23845 Borstel, Germany
Blood 95:1158-66. 2000..In the present study, we report that the platelet-derived alpha-chemokine platelet factor 4 (PF4) induces the differentiation of monocytes into macrophages, as is evident from morphological changes as ..
- Heterophilic interactions of platelet factor 4 and RANTES promote monocyte arrest on endotheliumPhilipp von Hundelshausen
Department of Molecular Cardiovascular Research, University Hospital Aachen, Germany
Blood 105:924-30. 2005The chemokines platelet factor 4 (PF4) and RANTES (regulated on activation normal T cell expressed and secreted) are secreted by activated platelets and influence multiple cell types and biologic processes...
- Platelet factor 4 and interleukin-8 CXC chemokine heterodimer formation modulates function at the quaternary structural levelIrina V Nesmelova
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4948-58. 2005..We have used NMR spectroscopy and molecular modeling to provide direct evidence that tetrameric platelet factor-4 (PF4) and dimeric interleukin-8 (IL8), two members of the CXC chemokine family, readily interact by exchanging subunits ..
- Platelet-associated PF-4 as a biomarker of early tumor growthDavid Cervi
Children s Hospital Boston, Karp Family Research Laboratories, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 111:1201-7. 2008..We conclude that platelet-associated PF-4, but not its plasma counterpart, may represent a potential biomarker of early tumor presence...
- Serum proteome profiling detects myelodysplastic syndromes and identifies CXC chemokine ligands 4 and 7 as markers for advanced diseaseManuel Aivado
Proteomics Core and Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1307-12. 2007..Peptide mass fingerprinting and quadrupole TOF MS identified two differential proteins: CXC chemokine ligands 4 (CXCL4) and 7 (CXCL7), both of which had significantly decreased serum levels in MDS, as confirmed with independent ..
- Serum peptidome profiling revealed platelet factor 4 as a potential discriminating Peptide associated with pancreatic cancerGeorg Martin Fiedler
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, University Hospital Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 15:3812-9. 2009....
- Platelet factor 4 binds to low-density lipoprotein receptors and disrupts the endocytic machinery, resulting in retention of low-density lipoprotein on the cell surfaceBruce S Sachais
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Blood 99:3613-22. 2002..Therefore, we investigated the effect of platelet factor 4 (PF4), a cationic protein released in high concentration by activated platelets, on the uptake and ..
- Platelet factor 4 promotes adhesion of hematopoietic progenitor cells and binds IL-8: novel mechanisms for modulation of hematopoiesisArkadiusz Z Dudek
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Transplantation, Stem Cell Institute, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blood 101:4687-94. 2003b>Platelet factor 4 (PF4) is an abundant platelet alpha-granule C-X-C chemokine that has weak chemotactic potency but strongly inhibits hematopoiesis through an unknown mechanism...
- Platelet factor 4 enhances generation of activated protein C in vitro and in vivoArne Slungaard
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Mayo Mail Code 480, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 102:146-51. 2003b>Platelet factor 4 (PF4), an abundant platelet alpha-granule protein, accelerates in vitro generation of activated protein C (APC) by soluble thrombin/thrombomodulin (TM) complexes up to 25-fold...
- Primary structure of human platelet factor 4D A Walz
Thromb Res 11:893-8. 1977
- Negative regulation of human megakaryocytopoiesis by human platelet factor 4 and beta thromboglobulin: comparative analysis in bone marrow cultures from normal individuals and patients with essential thrombocythaemia and immune thrombocytopenic purpuraZ C Han
INSERM U 150, UA 334 CNRS, Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 74:395-401. 1990The effect of human platelet factor 4 (PF4) and beta-thromboglobulin (BTG) on megakaryocyte colony formation in normal subjects as well as in essential thrombocythaemia (ET) and in immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) was studied...
- The role of platelet factor 4 in platelet aggregation induced by the antibodies implicated in heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaG T Gerotziafas
Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hopital Hotel Dieu de Paris, Paris, France
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:511-20. 2001..immunoglobulin (Ig)G from patients suffering HIT, recognize as target antigen the complex heparin/platelet factor (PF4)...
- Platelet factor 4 induces human natural killer cells to synthesize and release interleukin-8Francesc Marti
Laboratory of Cancer Immunology, Department of Cryobiology and Cell Therapy, Cancer Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
J Leukoc Biol 72:590-7. 2002We provide evidence that platelet factor 4 (PF4), but not the related chemokine neutrophil-activating polypeptide-2, induced highly purified human natural killer (NK) cells to produce interleukin (IL)-8 in a time- and dosage-dependent ..
- Platelet factor 4 (PF-4)-induced neutrophil adhesion is controlled by src-kinases, whereas PF-4-mediated exocytosis requires the additional activation of p38 MAP kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseBrigitte Kasper
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
Blood 103:1602-10. 2004Among the various chemokines that are functionally active on neutrophils, platelet factor 4 (PF-4; CXCL4) appears to have a specialized role...
- Mast cells and neutrophils proteolytically activate chemokine precursor CTAP-III and are subject to counterregulation by PF-4 through inhibition of chymase and cathepsin GFlorian Schiemann
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Forschungszentrum Borstel, Parkallee 22, D 23485 Borstel, Germany
Blood 107:2234-42. 2006The CXC chemokines platelet factor 4 (PF-4/CXCL4) and connective tissue-activating peptide III (CTAP-III) are released by activated human platelets in micromolar concentrations...
- Platelet factor 4 (CXCL4) seals blood clots by altering the structure of fibrinAymeric A Amelot
INSERM, U765, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
J Biol Chem 282:710-20. 2007Platelet factor-4 (PF4/CXCL4) is an orphan chemokine released in large quantities in the vicinity of growing blood clots. Coagulation of plasma supplemented with a matching amount of PF4 results in a translucent jelly-like clot...
- Platelet factor 4 (CXC chemokine ligand 4) differentially regulates respiratory burst, survival, and cytokine expression of human monocytes by using distinct signaling pathwaysBrigitte Kasper
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
J Immunol 179:2584-91. 2007b>Platelet factor 4 (PF4; CXCL4) is an abundant platelet alpha-granule CXC chemokine with unique functions...
- Platelet factor-4 is an indicator of blood count recovery in acute myeloid leukemia patients in complete remissionJin Young Kim
Proteome Analysis Team, Korea Basic Science Institute, Daejeon 305 333, Korea
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:431-41. 2008..digestion, MS/MS, and protein molecular weight analyses, we identified the m/z 7764 protein as platelet factor-4 (PF4). This identification was confirmed by a magnetic bead-based MALDI immunoassay...
- Platelet factor 4/heparin antibody (IgG/M/A) in healthy subjects: a literature analysis of commercial immunoassay resultsGowthami M Arepally
Division of Hematology, Duke University Medical Center, DUMC Box 3486, Room 304 Sands Building, Research Drive, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 26:55-61. 2008We determined the seroprevalence of platelet factor 4 (PF4)/heparin antibodies in healthy subjects.
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: towards standardization of platelet factor 4/heparin antigen testsA Greinacher
Institut für Immunologie und Transfusionsmedizin, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 8:2025-31. 2010..b>Platelet factor 4 (PF4)/heparin enzyme-immunoassays (EIA) are a widely available surrogate for platelet-activating antibodies.
- Platelet factor 4 inhibits thrombomodulin-dependent activation of thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) by thrombinLaurent O Mosnier
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 286:502-10. 2011..b>Platelet factor 4 (PF4), a platelet α-granule protein and a soluble cofactor for TM-dependent protein C activation, ..
- CXC chemokine ligand 4 (CXCL4) down-regulates CC chemokine receptor expression on human monocytesFranziska Schwartzkopff
Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
Innate Immun 18:124-39. 2012..We report that the platelet-derived CXC chemokine ligand 4 (CXCL4), a known activator of human monocytes, induces down-regulation of CC chemokine receptors (CCR) 1, -2, and -5, ..
- Structural and functional comparison of the genes for human platelet factor 4 and PF4altR Eisman
Division of Hematology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104
Blood 76:336-44. 1990b>Platelet factor 4 (PF4) is a 70 amino acid heparin-binding protein released from the alpha-granules of activated platelets...
- Cloning and characterization of platelet factor 4 cDNA derived from a human erythroleukemic cell lineM Poncz
Blood 69:219-23. 1987We report the isolation of a platelet factor 4 (PF4) cDNA clone from a lambda gt11 expression cDNA library which was derived from a human erythroleukemic (HEL) cell line...
- Platelet factor 4 enhances the binding of oxidized low-density lipoprotein to vascular wall cellsTaher Nassar
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, The Center for Research, Prevention, and Treatment of Atherosclerosis, Hadassah University Hospital and Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Biol Chem 278:6187-93. 2003..We have previously shown that platelet factor 4 (PF4) inhibits the binding and degradation of LDL through its receptor, a process that could promote the ..
- Endothelial expression of E-selectin is induced by the platelet-specific chemokine platelet factor 4 through LRP in an NF-kappaB-dependent mannerGuangyao Yu
University of Pennsylvania, 207 John Morgan, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 105:3545-51. 2005The involvement of platelets in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis has recently gained much attention. Platelet factor 4 (PF4), a platelet-specific chemokine released on platelet activation, has been localized to atherosclerotic lesions,..
- Amino acid sequence of human platelet factor 4T F Deuel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 74:2256-8. 1977Human platelet factor 4, a protein that binds heparin, has been purified to apparent homogeneity and the complete amino acid sequence of the protein has been determined...
- Isolation, crystallization, and primary amino acid sequence of human platelet factor 4M Hermodson
J Biol Chem 252:6276-9. 1977Human platelet factor 4 was purified by a method employing affinity chromatography on heparin/agarose. The amino acid sequence of the protein was determined by automatic Edman degradations and carboxypeptidase Y digestion...
- Inhibition of angiogenesis by recombinant human platelet factor-4 and related peptidesT E Maione
Repligen Corporation, Cambridge, MA 02139
Science 247:77-9. 1990....
- Platelet factor 4 is chemotactic for neutrophils and monocytesT F Deuel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 78:4584-7. 1981b>Platelet factor 4 is shown to be a chemotactic protein for human polymorphonuclear leukocytes and monocytes at concentrations found in human serum and reached locally in injured tissue...
- New insights into the negative regulation of hematopoiesis by chemokine platelet factor 4 and related peptidesL Lecomte-Raclet
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Blood 91:2772-80. 1998b>Platelet factor 4 (PF4) has been recognized as an inhibitor of myeloid progenitors. However, the mechanism of action of this chemokine remains poorly understood...
- Platelet factor 4 modulates fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) activity and inhibits FGF-2 dimerizationC Perollet
Growth Factor and Cell Differentiation Laboratory, University Bordeaux Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, Paris, France
Blood 91:3289-99. 1998b>Platelet factor 4 (PF-4) inhibits angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo. The mechanism of inhibition is poorly understood...
- Platelet factor 4 inhibits FGF2-induced endothelial cell proliferation via the extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway but not by the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathwayEric Sulpice
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang IVS, Centre de Recherche de l association Claude Bernard, Hopital Lariboisiere, 8 rue Guy Patin, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Blood 100:3087-94. 2002b>Platelet factor 4 (PF-4) is a member of the chemokine family with powerful antiangiogenic properties. The mechanism by which PF-4 inhibits endothelial cell proliferation is unclear...
- PREP1, MEIS1 homolog protein, regulates PF4 gene expressionYoshiaki Okada
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:155-9. 2003We have previously demonstrated that homeodomain proteins, MEIS1 and PBXs, transactivate the PF4 gene through the novel regulatory element termed TME...
- Platelet factor 4 localization in carotid atherosclerotic plaques: correlation with clinical parametersStephanie Pitsilos
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Thromb Haemost 90:1112-20. 2003..b>Platelet Factor 4 (PF4), a chemokine released by activated platelets, stimulates several pro-atherogenic processes...
- Upstream stimulatory factors stimulate transcription through E-box motifs in the PF4 gene in megakaryocytesYoshiaki Okada
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Blood 104:2027-34. 2004b>Platelet factor 4 (PF4) is expressed during megakaryocytic differentiation...
- Platelet factor 4/CXCL4 induces phagocytosis and the generation of reactive oxygen metabolites in mononuclear phagocytes independently of Gi protein activation or intracellular calcium transientsOlga Pervushina
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
J Immunol 173:2060-7. 2004b>Platelet factor 4 (PF-4), a platelet-derived CXC chemokine, is known to prevent human monocytes from apoptosis and to promote differentiation of these cells into HLA-DR(-) macrophages...
- Platelet factor 4 disrupts the intracellular signalling cascade induced by vascular endothelial growth factor by both KDR dependent and independent mechanismsEric Sulpice
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, Paris, France
Eur J Biochem 271:3310-8. 2004The mechanism by which the CXC chemokine platelet factor 4 (PF-4) inhibits endothelial cell proliferation is unclear...
- 4q loss is potentially an important genetic event in MM tumorigenesis: identification of a tumor suppressor gene regulated by promoter methylation at 4q13.3, platelet factor 4Suk Hang Cheng
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Blood 109:2089-99. 2007..3 and found that a candidate TSG, platelet factor 4, was frequently silenced by promoter hypermethylation in MM (15 of 28) and MM cell lines (5 of 5)...
- PF-4/CXCL4 and CXCL4L1 exhibit distinct subcellular localization and a differentially regulated mechanism of secretionLaura Lasagni
Excellence Center for Research, Transfer and High Education De Novo Therapies, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Blood 109:4127-34. 2007PF-4/CXCL4 is a member of the CXC chemokine family, which is mainly produced by platelets and known for its pleiotropic biological functions...
- Platelet factor 4 (CXCL4) facilitates human macrophage infection with HIV-1 and potentiates virus replicationFranziska Schwartzkopff
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Germany
Innate Immun 15:368-79. 2009b>Platelet factor 4 (CXCL4), a member of the CXC chemokine subfamily released in high amounts by activated platelets, has been identified as a monocyte survival factor that induces monocyte differentiation into macrophages...
- CXCL4-induced monocyte survival, cytokine expression, and oxygen radical formation is regulated by sphingosine kinase 1Brigitte Kasper
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
Eur J Immunol 40:1162-73. 2010..CXC chemokine ligand 4 (CXCL4) represents a broad activator of monocytes, which induces acute as well as delayed activities in these cells ..
- Functional divergence between 2 chemokines is conferred by single amino acid changeAlexandre Dubrac
Insem, U920, Talence, France
Blood 116:4703-11. 2010b>CXCL4 and CXCL4L1 are 2 closely related CXC chemokines that exhibit potent antiangiogenic activity...
- The role of the CXC chemokines platelet factor-4 (CXCL4/PF-4) and its variant (CXCL4L1/PF-4var) in inflammation, angiogenesis and cancerJo Vandercappellen
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven KULeuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 22:1-18. 2011..Platelet factor-4 (CXCL4/PF-4) was the first chemokine shown to inhibit angiogenesis...
- Identification of the platelet-derived chemokine CXCL4/PF-4 as a broad-spectrum HIV-1 inhibitorDavid J Auerbach
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:9569-74. 2012..Here, we show that the CXC chemokine CXCL4 (PF-4), the most abundant protein contained within the α-granules of platelets, is a broad-spectrum inhibitor of ..
- Platelet factor 4 and Duffy antigen required for platelet killing of Plasmodium falciparumBrendan J McMorran
Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia
Science 338:1348-51. 2012..Here, we show that the platelet molecule platelet factor 4 (PF4 or CXCL4) and the erythrocyte Duffy-antigen receptor (Fy) are necessary for platelet-mediated killing ..
- Platelet factor 4 activity against P. falciparum and its translation to nonpeptidic mimics as antimalarialsMelissa S Love
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cell Host Microbe 12:815-23. 2012..Therefore, we screened a panel of HDPs and determined that human platelet factor 4 (hPF4) kills malaria parasites inside erythrocytes by selectively lysing the parasite digestive vacuole (DV)...
- Heparin dodecasaccharide binding to platelet factor-4 and growth-related protein-alpha. Induction of a partially folded state and implications for heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaD Mikhailov
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Biomedical Engineering Center, University of Minnesota Health Science Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 274:25317-29. 1999..used in NMR studies to investigate binding to growth-related protein-alpha (Gro-alpha) and to platelet factor-4-M2 (PF4-M2), an N-terminal chimera of PF4...
- Platelet factor 4 inhibits proliferation and cytokine release of activated human T cellsJens Fleischer
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
J Immunol 169:770-7. 2002b>Platelet factor 4 (PF-4), a platelet-derived CXC chemokine, has been shown to induce the differentiation of monocytes into a subset of macrophages that lack the expression of HLA-DR Ag...
- An alternatively spliced variant of CXCR3 mediates the inhibition of endothelial cell growth induced by IP-10, Mig, and I-TAC, and acts as functional receptor for platelet factor 4Laura Lasagni
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
J Exp Med 197:1537-49. 2003..The chemokine CXCL4/PF4 shares several activities with CXCL9, CXCL10, and CXCL11, including a powerful angiostatic effect, but its ..
- The control of angiogenesis and tumor invasion by platelet factor-4 and platelet factor-4-derived moleculesAndreas Bikfalvi
INSERM E 0113, Molecular Mechanisms of Angiogenesis Laboratory, University Bordeaux I, Talence, France
Semin Thromb Hemost 30:137-44. 2004..The relevance of these observations for the treatment of malignant disease is discussed...
- Stimulation of angiostatic platelet factor-4 variant (CXCL4L1/PF-4var) versus inhibition of angiogenic granulocyte chemotactic protein-2 (CXCL6/GCP-2) in normal and tumoral mesenchymal cellsJo Vandercappellen
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute, University of Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Leukoc Biol 82:1519-30. 2007..CXCL4L1/PF-4var, but not CXCL4/PF-4, was coinduced with the angiogenic chemokine CXCL6/granulocyte chemotactic protein-2 (GCP-2) by cytokines, e...
- Elevated platelet activation in patients with atopic dermatitis and psoriasis: increased plasma levels of beta-thromboglobulin and platelet factor 4Risa Tamagawa-Mineoka
Department of Dermatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Allergol Int 57:391-6. 2008..This work was performed to investigate plasma levels of beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4) as platelet activation markers in patients with AD or psoriasis, and to determine the relationships ..
- [Heparin-induced type II thrombocytopenia as the etiology of severe recurrent pulmonary embolism]F Nickels
, Bereich Intensivmedizin,
Pneumologie 55:44-50. 2001..This was verified by positive ELISA testing for antibodies against platelet factor 4 (PF4)-heparin-complex. A filter device was temporarily implanted into the inferior vena cava...
- [Effect of the platelet-activating factor antagonist BN 52063 on exertional asthma]H Wilkens
Pneumologie 44:347-8. 1990..02). In the placebo period there was a marked increase in plasma concentrations of both platelet factor 4 (PF4) and beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TBG)...
- Absence of cross-reactivity of SR90107A/ORG31540 pentasaccharide with antibodies to heparin-PF4 complexes developed in heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaJ Amiral
Serbio Research Laboratory, Gennevilliers, France
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 8:114-7. 1997..As HIT is usually associated with antibodies to heparin-platelet factor 4 (H-PF4) complexes, cross-reactivity of the heparin pentasaccharide SR90107A/ORG31540 was tested in the ..
- Clinical and laboratory features, pathobiology of platelet-mediated thrombosis and bleeding complications, and the molecular etiology of essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia vera: therapeutic implicationsJan J Michiels
Department of Hematology, University Hospital Antwerp, Belgium
Semin Thromb Hemost 32:174-207. 2006..with microvascular disturbances have shortened platelet survival, increased beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG), platelet factor 4 (PF4), and thrombomodulin (TM) levels, and increased urinary thromboxane B2 (TXB2) excretion, indicating ..
- The immediate effect of aerobic exercise on haemostatic parameters in patients with recently diagnosed mild to moderate essential hypertensionJohn Lekakis
2nd Cardiology Department, Attikon Hospital, Medical School, University of Athens, 83, Agiou Ioannou Theologou, Holargos, Athens 155 61, Greece
J Thromb Thrombolysis 25:179-84. 2008....
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaF Fabris
Istituto di Semeiotica Medica, Via Ospedale 105, 35100 Padua, Italy
Haematologica 85:72-81. 2000..The aim of this article is to review the most recent advances in the field and to give critical guidelines for the clinical diagnosis and treatment of HIT II...
- Patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation but not paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia display evidence of platelet activation during arrhythmiaEnver Atalar
Department of Cardiology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Platelets 14:407-11. 2003..activity in patients with PSVT, PAF and CAF, we examined the levels of beta-thromboglobulin (BTG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4) during tachyarrhythmia attacks...
- Soluble P-selectin and thrombomodulin-protein C-Protein S pathway in cyanotic congenital heart disease with secondary erythrocytosisHitoshi Horigome
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Thromb Res 112:223-7. 2003....
- Effect of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetine on platelet function is modified by a SLC6A4 serotonin transporter polymorphismN Abdelmalik
Program for Mood Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 6:2168-74. 2008..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) have been associated with an increased bleeding tendency...
- Incidence of heparin-PF4 complex antibody formation and heparin-induced thrombocytopenia in acute coronary syndromeTakefumi Matsuo
Hyogo Prefectural Awaji Hospital, Sumoto, 656 0013, Japan
Thromb Res 115:475-81. 2005A multicenter prospective study on the rate of seroconversion of antibodies to heparin-PF4 complexes (heparin-induced thrombocytopenia [HIT] antibodies) during and after heparin treatment for 4 weeks was carried out in Japanese patients ..
- Platelet GP IIIa PlA and GP Ib variable number tandem repeat polymorphisms and markers of platelet activation in acute strokeA M Carter
Unit of Molecular Vascular Medicine, Research School of Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 18:1124-31. 1998..We determined the levels of beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4) and the genotype distributions of PlA and a variable number tandem repeat (VNTR) polymorphism of GP 1b ..
- Studies of thromboxane B2, platelet factor 4, and fibrinopeptide A in bleeding-time blood of patients deficient in von Willebrand factor, platelet glycoproteins Ib and IIb-IIIa, and storage granulesH J Weiss
Department of Medicine Division of Hematology Oncology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10019
Blood 82:481-90. 1993The blood volumes and concentrations of thromboxane B2 (TxB2), platelet factor 4 (PF4), and fibrinopeptide A (FPA) were measured every 30 seconds in bleeding-time blood in normal subjects and in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic ..
- A mapping study of 13 genes on human chromosome bands 4q11-->q25C S Chen
Department of Laboratory Medicine Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 69:260-5. 1995..Linkage of the interleukin 8 (IL8), albumin (ALB), and platelet factor 4 (PF4) genes was confirmed by NotI, SalI and SacII digests...
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia in intensive care patientsKathleen Selleng
Department of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care Med 35:1165-76. 2007..information on frequency of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) in patients treated in intensive care units (ICU), developments in the interpretation of assays for detecting anti-PF4/heparin antibodies, and treatment of HIT patients.
- Storage of platelets in additive solutions: the effects of magnesium and potassium on the release of RANTES, beta-thromboglobulin, platelet factor 4 and interleukin-7, during storageA Shanwell
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Vox Sang 85:206-12. 2003..Therefore, we investigated whether the addition of magnesium and potassium to platelets stored in a platelet additive solution (PAS) would affect the generation of cytokines during platelet storage...
- Beta thromboglobulin and platelet factor 4 in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with systemic sclerosisO Kowal-Bielecka
Department of Rheumatology and Internal Diseases, Medical University of Bialystok, Ul M Sklodowskiej Curie 24A, 15 276 Bialystok, Poland
Ann Rheum Dis 64:484-6. 2005To evaluate concentrations of the platelet activation markers beta thromboglobulin (BTG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4) in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) from patients with systemic sclerosis with and without scleroderma interstitial ..
- Platelet activation in the gyro C1E3 centrifugal pump: comparison with the terumo capiox and the Nikkiso HPM-15K Kawahito
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Omiya Medical Center, Jichi Medical School, Omiya, Saitama, Japan
Artif Organs 24:889-92. 2000..Rates of increase (RI) for beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4) in the Gyro C1E3 were calculated from in vitro data and compared with the rate of increase in the ..
- Blood platelet and monocyte activations and relation to stages of liver cirrhosisAnatol Panasiuk
Department of Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Bialystok, Zurawia Str 14, 15 540 Bialystok, Poland
World J Gastroenterol 11:2754-8. 2005..In this paper, the analysis of mutual relationship between platelets and monocytes activation in LC was conducted...
- Heparin induced thrombocytopenia: pathogenetic, clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic aspectsR Castelli
Department of Medicine and Medical Specialities Division of Internal Medicine, IRCCS Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico of Milan, Via Pace 9 Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 7:153-62. 2007..There is increasing evidence that platelet factor 4 (PF4) displaced from endothelial cells, heparan sulphate or directly from the platelets, binds to heparin ..
- Strategies for the management of suspected heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: a cost-effectiveness analysisAmanda R Patrick
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham, Massachusetts 02120, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 25:949-61. 2007..The diagnosis of HIT is difficult because its signs are non-specific and the heparin-platelet factor 4 (PF4) antibody test used to confirm the diagnosis is imprecise...
- Platelet activation and its role in thrombin generation in platelet-induced thrombin generation timeP Radziwon
Department of Haematology, Medical Academy, Bialystok, Poland
Thromb Res 100:419-26. 2000..Platelet activation was assayed by means of platelet factor 4 (PF4) and beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG) concentration and registration of the aggregation...
- Depression and platelet activation in outpatients with stable coronary heart disease: findings from the Heart and Soul StudyAnil Gehi
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Psychiatry Res 175:200-4. 2010..Platelet activation was measured by plasma concentrations of platelet factor 4 (PF4) and beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG), and by 24-h urinary concentrations of 11-dehydro-thromboxane B(2) (..
- Rapid determination of anti-heparin/platelet factor 4 antibody titers in the diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaLorenzo Alberio
Central Hematology Laboratory, University Hospital, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Med 114:528-36. 2003Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia is mediated by antibodies directed against the heparin-platelet factor 4 (heparin/PF4) complex...
- Relationship between release of platelet/endothelial biomarkers and plasma levels of sertraline and N-desmethylsertraline in acute coronary syndrome patients receiving SSRI treatment for depressionVictor L Serebruany
HeartDrug Research Laboratories, Johns Hopkins University, 7600 Osler Dr, Suite 307, Towson, MD 21204, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1165-70. 2005....
- Prevalence of heparin-induced antibodies in patients with chronic renal failure undergoing hemodialysisIvan Palomo
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunohematology, Faculty of Health Science, Universidad de Talca, Talca, Chile
J Clin Lab Anal 19:189-95. 2005..HIT is related to the presence of heparin-induced antibodies (HIA), which show specificity for the PF4-heparin (PF4-H) complex...
- Evaluation of platelet activation in depressed patients with ischemic heart disease after paroxetine or nortriptyline treatmentB G Pollock
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:137-40. 2000..Plasma levels of platelet alpha-granule release products beta-thromboglobulin (BTG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4) were measured in 17 depressed patients with IHD who were treated in a 6-week, double-blind trial with ..
- Increased plasma concentrations of soluble CD40 ligand in acute coronary syndrome depend on in vitro platelet activationBoris T Ivandic
Department of Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Chem 53:1231-4. 2007..Soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) was suggested as a novel biomarker of cardiovascular risk. We examined the effect of preanalytical variation on the measurement of sCD40L concentration...
- Elevated plasma levels of beta-thromboglobulin and platelet factor 4 in patients with rheumatic disorders and cutaneous vasculitisT Yamamoto
Kishiwada Tokushukai Hospital, Kishiwada, Osaka, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 21:501-4. 2002The efficacy of plasma levels of beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4) as markers of the presence and activity of vasculiditic processes in rheumatic diseases were evaluated, first by serial measurement of their ..
- Impact of the therapy by renin-angiotensin system targeting antihypertensive agents perindopril versus telmisartan on prothrombotic state in essential hypertensionA Remkova
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Comenius University in Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Hum Hypertens 22:338-45. 2008..von Willebrand factor (vWF) as indicators of endothelial dysfunction, plasma beta-thromboglobulin (betaTG), platelet factor 4 (PF4), soluble P-selectin (sPsel) and soluble glycoprotein V (sGpV) as indicators of in vivo platelet ..
- A spontaneous prothrombotic disorder resembling heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaTheodore E Warkentin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med 121:632-6. 2008Antibodies against the "self" protein, platelet factor 4 (PF4), bound to heparin-the cause of immune heparin-induced thrombocytopenia-are believed invariably to be triggered by preceding heparin therapy...
- Heparin induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis in a tertiary care hospitalMakiko Ban-Hoefen
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Thromb Res 124:189-92. 2009Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) results from development of an antibody to a complex of heparin and platelet factor 4 (PF4) resulting in thrombocytopenia and a prothrombotic state with serious clinical consequences...
- Platelet concentrates derived from buffy coat and apheresis: biochemical and functional differencesM Bock
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Transfus Med 12:317-24. 2002..Besides plasma parameters (e.g. platelet factor 4 (PF4), P-selectin, C3a-desarginin, plasma coagulation factors), platelet function was analysed by ..
- Phosphorylcholine coating offers natural platelet preservation during cardiopulmonary bypassSomer F De
Heart Center, University Hospital Gent, Belgium
Perfusion 17:39-44. 2002..Plasma concentrations of platelet factor 4 (PF4), beta-thromboglobulin (betaTG), C3, C3d, C4, TCC, thrombin generation, haptoglobin and free ..
- Genes for beta-thromboglobulin and platelet factor 4 are closely linked and form part of a cluster of related genes on chromosome 4A Tunnacliffe
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Blood 79:2896-900. 1992..All of the CXC SIGs map to chromosome 4, including those encoding beta-thromboglobulin (beta TG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4), both of which are expressed by megakaryocytes in a tissue-specific fashion...
- Characterization of the human beta-thromboglobulin gene. Comparison with the gene for platelet factor 4S Majumdar
Division of Hematology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
J Biol Chem 266:5785-9. 1991..This protein has approximately 70% amino acid identity with another platelet alpha granule protein, platelet factor 4 (PF4), and approximately 30% identity with other members of a family of proteins encoded by the small ..
- Comparison of bovine and porcine heparin in heparin antibody formation after cardiac surgeryJohn L Francis
Center for Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Department of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, Florida Hospital, 2501 N Orange Ave, Suite 786, Orlando, FL 32804, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:17-22. 2003..of clinical HIT after cardiovascular surgery is less than 2%, although asymptomatic antibodies to heparin-platelet factor 4 (PF4) occur more frequently...
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: a stoichiometry-based model to explain the differing immunogenicities of unfractionated heparin, low-molecular-weight heparin, and fondaparinux in different clinical settingsA Greinacher
Institut für Immunologie und Transfusionsmedizin, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat Greifswald, Greifswald Germany
Thromb Res 122:211-20. 2008Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) is caused by platelet-activating antibodies that recognize platelet factor 4 (PF4)/heparin complexes...
- False-positive tests for heparin-induced thrombocytopenia in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosusR Pauzner
Department of Internal Medicine E, Sheba Medical Center and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Thromb Haemost 7:1070-4. 2009..therapy that can be associated with arterial or venous thrombosis and is caused by antibodies against platelet factor 4 (PF4)-heparin complex...
- The role of the extracorporeal circuit in the trapping and degranulation of plateletsMareille Gritters-van den Oever
Department of Nephrology, Haematology and Immunology, Medical Centre Alkmaar, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Blood Purif 28:253-9. 2009..Although platelet (PLT) activation and degranulation are well-known phenomena during hemodialysis (HD), controversies still exist about their nature and origin...
- Studies of the anti-platelet factor 4/heparin immune response: adapting the enzyme-linked immunosorbent spot assay for detection of memory B cells against complex antigensKathleen Selleng
Institut für Immunologie und Transfusionsmedizin, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
Transfusion 50:32-9. 2010The anti-platelet factor 4 (PF4)/heparin immune response, which underlies heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT), has several atypical features: relatively rapid onset even without previous heparin exposure, lack of immune anamnesis, and ..
- Cytokines in WBC-reduced apheresis PCs during storage: a comparison of two WBC-reduction methodsM Wadhwa
Divisions of Immunobiology and Informatics, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Potters Bar, United Kingdom
Transfusion 40:1118-26. 2000..Despite efforts to minimize WBC contamination in apheresis PCs, high numbers of WBCs and increased cytokine levels may still occur, depending on the quality of the apheresis device employed...
- Plasma markers of platelet and polymorphonuclear leukocyte activation in young adults with acute myocardial infarctionGregorio Caimi
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Malattie Cardiovascolari e Nefrourologiche, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 32:67-74. 2005..We enrolled 49 AMI subjects aged<45 years and examined plasmatic levels of platelet factor 4 (PF4), beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG), elastase and myeloperoxidase (MPO) using ELISA methods...
- Selective thromboxane inhibition after vascular protectant AGI-1067: results of assessment of lipoprotein profiles (ALPS) biomarkers in vitro and in vivo substudyVictor Serebruany
HeartDrug Research Laboratories, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 27:438-46. 2009..We serially assessed release of established PEA biomarkers in subjects treated with AGI-1067 versus placebo in the frame of Assessment of Lipoprotein Profiles Randomized Trial (ALPS)...
- Anti-heparin/PF4 complexes by ELISA in patients with disseminated intravascular coagulationTakefumi Matsuo
Hyogo Prefectural Awaji Hospital, Sumoto, Japan
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 36:305-10. 2007..We measured the titers of anti-PF4/hepatin complex antibodies by ELISA (HIT-Elisa) and examined 4 parameters of coagulation and fibrinolysis [D-dimer, ..
- Importance of the proline residue to the functional activity and metabolic stability of the nematode FMRFamide-related peptide, KPNFIRFamide (PF4)T M Kubiak
Animal Health Discovery Research, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Inc, Kalmazoo, MI 49001, USA
Peptides 17:1267-77. 1996b>PF4 has previously been shown to have potent inhibitory effects on myoactivity of somatic muscle strips from the nematode. Ascaris suum...
- Biology of Platelet Factor 4ABD ALROOF HIGAZI; Fiscal Year: 2005Platelets contain a unique chemokine Platelet Factor 4 (PF4), which is released in large amounts at sites of platelet activation...
- Novel Biomarkers Predictive of Heparin-Induced ThrombocytopeniaBarbara A Konkle; Fiscal Year: 2010..HIT is caused by antibodies against a complex of heparin/platelet factor 4 (PF4)...
- Mechanisms of normal and abnormal platelet homeostasisJoel S Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2010..the mechanistic basis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)", tests the hypothesis that variations in platelet factor 4 (PF4) secretion are responsible for the variable incidence and clinical manifestations of HIT...
- Mortimer Poncz; Fiscal Year: 2016..of Pennsylvania (UPENN) will better understand what distinguishes a pathogenic from a non-pathogenic anti-platelet factor 4 (PF4)/heparin Ab...
- LAURENT OLIVIER MOSNIER; Fiscal Year: 2016..the thrombotic complications associated with "off-target" Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) antibodies against PF4-EPCR and PF4-thrombomodulin (TM) complexes...
- Clinical Significance of protamine/heparin antibodies after CPBGowthami M Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2012..CPB develop PRT/H antibodies with minimal cross-reactivity to other heparin binding proteins, such as platelet factor 4 (PF4)...
- Modeling the spectrum of HIT pathobiologyGowthami M Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2013..HIT is caused by antibodies directed towards a platelet protein, Platelet Factor 4 (PF4) and heparin (H)...
- HEPARIN INDUCED THROMBOCYTOPENIA/THROMBOSISGIAN VISENTIN; Fiscal Year: 2000..with HITP are specific for molecular complexes consisting of heparin, or other glycosaminoglycans (GAG) and platelet factor 4 (PF4)...
- HEPARIN-INDUCED THROMBOCYTOPENIAGIAN VISENTIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..antibodies appear to be specific for complexes made up of two normal body constituents, heparin and platelet factor 4 (PF4), 2) antibodies with this specificity are produced by a high percent of certain patient populations ..
- ANGARA KONETI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2016..To date we have established that four genes (platelet factor 4 (PF4), myosin light chain (MYL9), 12-lipoxygenase (ALOX12) and protein kinase C- (PRKCQ) are indeed ..
- Megakaryocyte Chemokines & Post-Irradiation ThrombocytopeniaMortimer Poncz; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found that at least one chemokine that is released by developing megakaryocytes, platelet factor 4 (PF4), acts via a negative paracrine loop to inhibit new megakaryocyte formation and to decrease platelet ..
- The mechanism and clinical implications of the negative paracrine effect of PF4Michele P Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using murine models, I have demonstrated that platelet factor 4 (PF4), which is synthesized in developing megakaryocytes, is released from these cells and behaves as a ..
- NMR STRUCTURES OF PLATELET FACTOR 4 & B-THROMBOGLOBULINKevin Mayo; Fiscal Year: 1992Platelet factor (PF4) and B-thromboglobulin-related proteins (BTG) are low- molecular weight heparin binding proteins generally considered to be platelet specific and are involved in blood clotting, wound healing, tissue repair and cell ..
- Immunobiology of Heparin-Induced ThrombocytopeniaSuresh Shelat; Fiscal Year: 2007..The initiating event in HITT is the interaction of pathogenic antibodies towards a complex of Platelet Factor 4 (PF4) and heparin (PF4:H)...
- N3 FATTY ACIDS EFFECT ON SICKLE CELL PAIN EPISODESJames Eckman; Fiscal Year: 2001..2), thrombin's fibrinogen cleavage product (FPA), platelet-specific secretion proteins platelet factor 4 (PF4) and beta-thromboglobulin (betaTG), and products of fibrinolysis including plasmin-antiplasmin complex (..
- Clifford A Lowell; Fiscal Year: 2016..Finally, deletion of SHP-1 in platelets (using PF4-Cre) results in early mortality due to lung inflammation, without evidence of other disease...
- ACTIVATION OF HEMOSTASISJOEL BENNETT; Fiscal Year: 2005..The antigenic sites on PF4/heparin responsible for HIT will be characterized, the pathogenicity of various HIT antibodies for thrombosis will ..
- Klaus F Ley; Fiscal Year: 2016..cytokine production, antigen presentation, and foam cell formation, and how these processes are modulated by platelet factor 4 (Pf4, also known as CXCL4)...
- OMEGA-3 SUPPLMENTATION DECREASES INFLAMMATION AND FETAL OBESITY IN PREGNANCYSylvie Hauguel De Mouzon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionatty, w witl investigate the direct affect of n-3 pf4 on the expression of adiponectin and PPARy regulated genes in primary cuttured adipocytes...
- Alan Wells; Fiscal Year: 2016..IP-9-devoid mouse model will determine the role of CXCR3 on basement membrane and upper dermal regeneration and a PF4-deficient mouse model will probe the basis of skin contraction that happens immediately upon wounding...
- Winfield S Sale; Fiscal Year: 2016..As a complementary approach, novel suppressor mutants of pf4, a mutant defective in PP2A assembly, will be characterized to define how PP2A regulates ciliary bending...
- Plasmodium sporozoites and the mosquitoBrenda Beerntsen; Fiscal Year: 2009..falciparum sporozoite genes that are selected following mining of PlasmoDB, and likewise to characterize Pf4, a homolog of Pg4 that is a surface molecule on P...
- NEW FUNCTION FOR PLATELET FACTOR 4MARJORIE ZUCKER; Fiscal Year: 1992We have shown that human platelet factor 4 alleviates Con A-induced or pneumococcal-specific immunosuppression in mice, an effect of potential clinical value...
- GENERATION OF PF4 POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL CONJUGATESCHEE LAI; Fiscal Year: 1991..It is anticipated that conjugation of rPF4 to PEG will extend the circulation half-life of this protein and may yield a useful, systemically administered angiostatic agent...
- PATHOGENESIS OF THROMBOSIS IN HITGowthami Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) Generation of monoclonal antibodies (MoAbs) to PF4/heparin and functional characterization of PF4/heparin MoAbs with respect to thrombosis...
- EFFECT OF PF4 ON LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISM/ATHEROSCLEROSISBRUCE SACHAIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Beta-100 are required for optimal binding of LDL to the LDL-R, the investigators tested the hypothesis that platelet factor 4 (PF4], an abundant lysine rich protein released upon platelet activation, can complete for receptor binding ..
- Proatherogenic properties of platelet fator 4Bruce S Sachais; Fiscal Year: 2010..My group has focused on the involvement of the platelet specific chemokine platelet factor 4 (PF4) in atherosclerosis...
- Immune Dysregulation in HITGowthami M Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2010..HIT) is a life-threatening thrombotic illness caused by drug-dependent antibodies directed to complexes of Platelet Factor 4 (PF4) and heparin...
- Drugs targeting intact lipoprotein receptorsBRUCE SACHAIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 2: Create and validate biosensor-based analysis of LDL-R lipoparticles. In this aim, we will use LDL-R lipoparticles on the optical biosensor platform with the goal of measuring ligand-binding kinetics. ..
- CHEMOKINES/CYTOKINES AND RECEPTORS IN STEM CELL HOMINGHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should clarity the relevance of SDF-1 and CXCR4 for homing/engraftment and mobilization of primary stem/progenitor cells. ..
- SHIGA TOXIN INDUCED INFLAMMATION AND THROMBOSISAdrian Gear; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the role of proteases in the Shiga-toxin effects on platelet function will be examined. ..
- GLUCOCORTICOID ATTENUATED RESPONSE GENES IN INFLAMMATIONJeffrey Smith; Fiscal Year: 2001..Genes identified in this search are likely to encode pro-inflammatory mediators that participate in a wide range of inflammatory lung diseases in addition to endotoxemia. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF THE UROKINASE RECEPTORDouglas Cines; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- DEFENSIN AND THE PATHOGENESIS OF ATHEROSCLEROSISDouglas Cines; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, the interaction between endogenous defensin and endogenous Lp(a) will be examined in a novel transgenic mouse than overexpresses both human defensin and human Lp(a). ..
- Molecular Pathology of Cardic ArrhythmiasDan Roden; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Fluorescent Microscope for Thrombosis StudiesMortimer Poncz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- VIRAL HEPATITIS IN CHILDREN OF INJECTION DRUG USERSKathleen Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Etiologic and therapeutic studies of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)Mortimer Poncz; Fiscal Year: 2011..HIT) is an iatrogenic cause of thrombocytopenia and thrombosis due to antibodies to complexes between Platelet Factor 4 (PF4) and heparin...
- Immune Mechanisms in Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia/T*Michael Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2004..and a model to study how an exogenous molecule (heparin) induces antibody formation against a self protein (platelet factor 4; PF4)...
- HEPATIC DRUG TRANSPORTERS IN DRUG DISPOSITIONDan Roden; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, variability in the extent of rifampin-mediated induction of the drug metabolizing enzyme, CYP3A, among subjects with variant OATP-C alleles, will also be tested. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pegylated Interferon +/- Ribavirin for Children with HCVKathleen Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2008..Other endpoints include biochemical and clinical safety assessments. This trial would thus provide critically needed data to guide safe and effective treatment of CHC, a major cause of liver disease in children [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathogenesis of Thrombosis in HIT/TMichael Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2009..mouse model to recapitulate the salient features of the disease and confirmed that complexes of heparin and platelet factor 4, antibodies to the complex, and Fc-gammaRIla-dependent platelet activation are both necessary and sufficient ..
- Automated Storage and Retrieval of Biological SystemsDan Roden; Fiscal Year: 2008..Accordingly, this proposal requests a high end instrument to accomplish these goals, and to thereby enable a new era of Personalized Medicine. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nuclear translocation of urokinase/nucleolin complexesDouglas Cines; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LYSOLIPID PHOSPHATE REGULATION OF LYMPHOCYTE FUNCTIONSEDWARD GOETZL; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nanoparticle targeting of cathepsin-L inhibitor and doxorubicin in breast cancerShaker Mousa; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Direct Cellular Effects of Blood Coagulation ProteasesLAURENT MOSNIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..direct effects on cells; 2) To clarify the potential beneficial and detrimental functional properties of platelet factor 4 for APC generation and APC's direct effects on cells; 3) To identify novel themes and mechanisms for ..
- LYMPHOCYTE RECEPTORS FOR VASOACTIVE INTESTINAL PEPTIDEEDWARD GOETZL; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Consensus Conference GrantKathryn Hassell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..