Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEAK1
Description: pseudopodium enriched atypical kinase 1
Alias: SGK269, pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1, NKF3 kinase family member, sugen kinase 269, tyrosine-protein kinase SgK269
- Emerging roles of pseudokinasesJerome Boudeau
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Trends Cell Biol 16:443-52. 2006..We also discuss the emerging functions of other pseudokinases, including HER3 (also called ErbB3), EphB6, CCK4 (also called PTK7), KSR, Trb3, GCN2, TRRAP, ILK and CASK...
- A hypusine-eIF5A-PEAK1 switch regulates the pathogenesis of pancreatic cancerKen Fujimura
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California
Cancer Res 74:6671-81. 2014..Interestingly, we found that eIF5A proteins regulate PDAC cell growth by modulating the expression of PEAK1, a nonreceptor tyrosine kinase essential for PDAC cell growth and therapy resistance...
- Analysis of a cytoskeleton-associated kinase PEAK1 and E-cadherin in gastric cancerQingqu Guo
Department of Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China Electronic address
Pathol Res Pract 210:793-8. 2014The expression of pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1(PEAK1) has been studied in human cancers. However, their roles in gastric cancer are still unknown...
- The pseudokinase SgK223 promotes invasion of pancreatic ductal epithelial cells through JAK1/Stat3 signalingCarole M Tactacan
Cancer Research Division, The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria St, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW, 2010, Australia
Mol Cancer 14:139. 2015..SgK223, also known as Pragmin, is a pseudokinase and scaffolding protein closely related to SgK269/PEAK1...
- PEAK1 Acts as a Molecular Switch to Regulate Context-Dependent TGFβ Responses in Breast CancerMegan Agajanian
Department of Biology, California State University Northridge, Northridge, CA 91330, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0135748. 2015..We previously identified PEAK1 as a new non-receptor tyrosine kinase that associates with the cytoskeleton, and facilitates signaling of HER2/Src ..
- Identification of a PEAK1/ZEB1 signaling axis during TGFβ/fibronectin-induced EMT in breast cancerMegan Agajanian
Department of Biology, California State University Northridge, Northridge, CA 91330, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 465:606-12. 2015..We recently reported that PEAK1 kinase mediates signaling cross talk between TGFβ receptors and integrin/Src/MAPK pathways and functions as a ..
- Homo- and Heterotypic Association Regulates Signaling by the SgK269/PEAK1 and SgK223 PseudokinasesLing Liu
From the Cancer Program, Biomedicine Discovery Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Level 1, Building 77, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800
J Biol Chem 291:21571-21583. 2016b>SgK269/PEAK1 is a pseudokinase and scaffolding protein that plays a critical role in regulating growth factor receptor signal output and is implicated in the progression of several cancers, including those of the breast, colon, and ..
- KRas induces a Src/PEAK1/ErbB2 kinase amplification loop that drives metastatic growth and therapy resistance in pancreatic cancerJonathan A Kelber
Department of Pathology, Division of Surgical Oncology, UCSD, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cancer Res 72:2554-64. 2012..Here, we report that the novel tyrosine kinase PEAK1 is upregulated in human malignancies, including human PDACs and pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PanIN)...
- Dynamic phosphorylation of tyrosine 665 in pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1 (PEAK1) is essential for the regulation of cell migration and focal adhesion turnoverJeanne M Bristow
Department of Pathology and Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 288:123-31. 2013Pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1 (PEAK1) is a recently described tyrosine kinase that associates with the actin cytoskeleton and focal adhesion (FA) in migrating cells...
- Involvement of Lyn and the atypical kinase SgK269/PEAK1 in a basal breast cancer signaling pathwayDavid R Croucher
Cancer Research Program, The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 73:1969-80. 2013..In this study, we identified novel Lyn kinase substrates, the most prominent of which was the atypical kinase SgK269 (PEAK1). In breast cancer cells, SgK269 expression associated with the basal phenotype...
- Temporal regulation of EGF signalling networks by the scaffold protein Shc1Yong Zheng
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Nature 499:166-71. 2013..reorganization, trafficking and signal termination that binds Shc1 with delayed kinetics, largely through the SgK269 pseudokinase/adaptor protein...
- Characterization of size-fractionated cDNA libraries generated by the in vitro recombination-assisted methodOsamu Ohara
Department of Human Gene Research, Kazusa DNA Research Institute, Kisarazu, Chiba, Japan
DNA Res 9:47-57. 2002..Taking all these results together, we here conclude that this new method for the construction of size-fractionated cDNA libraries makes it possible to analyze cDNAs efficiently and comprehensively...
- The protein kinase complement of the human genomeG Manning
SUGEN Inc, 230 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Science 298:1912-34. 2002..We also identified 106 protein kinase pseudogenes. Chromosomal mapping revealed several small clusters of kinase genes and revealed that 244 kinases map to disease loci or cancer amplicons...
- The mouse kinome: discovery and comparative genomics of all mouse protein kinasesSean Caenepeel
SUGEN, Incorporated, 230 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94025, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11707-12. 2004..Chromosomal mapping links 163 kinases to mutant phenotypes and unlocks the use of mouse genetics to determine functions of orthologous human kinases...
- Pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1 regulates the cytoskeleton and cancer progression [corrected]Yingchun Wang
Department of Pathology, Moores Cancer Center, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10920-5. 2010..Here, we report the discovery of a cytoskeleton-associated kinase, pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1 (PEAK1). PEAK1 is a 190-kDa nonreceptor tyrosine kinase that localizes to actin filaments and focal adhesions...
- PEAK1, a novel kinase target in the fight against cancerJonathan A Kelber
Department of Pathology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Oncotarget 1:219-23. 2010