Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDX-1
Description: pancreatic and duodenal homeobox 1
Alias: GSF, IDX-1, IPF1, IUF1, MODY4, PAGEN1, PDX-1, STF-1, pancreas/duodenum homeobox protein 1, IPF-1, IUF-1, glucose-sensitive factor, insulin promoter factor 1, homeodomain transcription factor, insulin upstream factor 1, islet/duodenum homeobox-1, pancreatic-duodenal homeobox factor 1, somatostatin transcription factor 1, somatostatin-transactivating factor 1
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Increased DNA methylation and decreased expression of PDX-1 in pancreatic islets from patients with type 2 diabetesBeatrice T Yang
Department of Clinical Sciences, Unit of Epigenetics and Diabetes, Lund University Diabetes Centre, Scania University Hospital, 205 02 Malmoe, Sweden
Mol Endocrinol 26:1203-12. 2012..The expression levels of PDX-1 were further associated with insulin secretion in the human islets...
- MODY7 gene, KLF11, is a novel p300-dependent regulator of Pdx-1 (MODY4) transcription in pancreatic islet beta cellsMartin E Fernandez-Zapico
Schulze Center for Novel Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 284:36482-90. 2009Pdx-1 (pancreatic-duodenal homeobox-1), a MODY4 homeodomain transcription factor, serves as a master regulator in the pancreas because of its importance during organogenesis and in adult islet insulin-producing beta cell activity...
- Screening for MODY mutations, GAD antibodies, and type 1 diabetes--associated HLA genotypes in women with gestational diabetes mellitusJianPing Weng
Department of Endocrinology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes Care 25:68-71. 2002..To investigate whether genetic susceptibility to type 1 diabetes or maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) increases susceptibility to gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- Aging correlates with decreased beta-cell proliferative capacity and enhanced sensitivity to apoptosis: a potential role for Fas and pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1Kathrin Maedler
Larry L Hillblom Islet Research Center, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Diabetes 55:2455-62. 2006..These data provide a possible explanation for the increased incidence of type 2 diabetes at an older age and support the use of islets from older rats as a more appropriate model to study glucose-induced beta-cell apoptosis...
- The p38/reactivating kinase mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade mediates the activation of the transcription factor insulin upstream factor 1 and insulin gene transcription by high glucose in pancreatic beta-cellsW M Macfarlane
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 272:20936-44. 1997b>Insulin upstream factor 1 (IUF1), a transcription factor present in pancreatic beta-cells, binds to the sequence C(C/T)TAATG present at several sites within the human insulin promoter...
- Regulated expression of pdx-1 promotes in vitro differentiation of insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cellsSatsuki Miyazaki
Division of Stem Cell Regulation Research, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Diabetes 53:1030-7. 2004..Thus, exogenous expression of pdx-1 should provide a promising approach for efficiently producing insulin-secreting cells from human ES cells for future therapeutic use in diabetic patients...
- PDX-1 functions as a master factor in the pancreasHideaki Kaneto
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics A8, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Front Biosci 13:6406-20. 2008..Thus, it is likely that alteration of such transcription factors explains, at least in part, the molecular mechanism for beta-cell glucose toxicity found in diabetes...
- Hormonal regulation of an islet-specific enhancer in the pancreatic homeobox gene STF-1S Sharma
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:2598-604. 1997....
- Pancreatic-duodenal homeobox 1 regulates expression of liver receptor homolog 1 during pancreas developmentJean Sebastien Annicotte
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS, INSERM, ULP 67404, Illkirch, France
Mol Cell Biol 23:6713-24. 2003..Taken together, our data indicate that PDX-1 controls LRH-1 expression and identify LRH-1 as a novel downstream target in the PDX-1 regulatory cascade governing pancreatic development, differentiation, and function...
- Altered expression of CDX-2, PDX-1 and mucin core proteins in "Ulcer-associated cell lineage (UACL)" in Crohn's diseaseYasunori Kaneko
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto, 390 8621, Japan
J Mol Histol 39:161-8. 2008..The UACL showed histological differentiation simulating gastric pylori mucosa. The down-regulation of CDX-2 and the up-regulation of PDX-1 could be an important mechanism in the induction of the UACL...
- ATF3 inhibits PDX-1-stimulated transactivationWon Ho Kim
Division of Metabolic Disease, Department of Biomedical Science, National Institutes of Health, 194 Tongillo, Eunpyung Gu, Seoul 122 701, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 414:681-7. 2011..Taken together, these results suggest that ATF3 inhibits PDX-1-mediated transactivation through the inhibition of p300-stimulated coactivation, which may lead to β-cell dysfunction by ER stress...
- The 45-kDa form of Pdx-1 does not result from post-translational modificationsFrancoise Carlotti
Department of Molecular Cell Biology Virus and Stem Cell Biology Laboratory, Leiden University Medical Center, Postal Zone S1 P, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 370:225-9. 2008..Taken together, these data, validated by mass spectrometry techniques, establish that anomalous migration of Pdx-1 on SDS-PAGE does not result from post-translational modifications...
- Role of the D76N polymorphism of insulin promoter factor-1 in predisposing to Type 2 diabetesK R Owen
Diabetologia 47:957-8. 2004
- Pdx-1 links histone H3-Lys-4 methylation to RNA polymerase II elongation during activation of insulin transcriptionJoshua Francis
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 280:36244-53. 2005..Our findings therefore suggest a model whereby Pdx-1 plays a novel role in linking H3-Lys-4 dimethylation and pol II elongation to insulin transcription...
- Regulation of the pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1 protein by DNA-dependent protein kinasePatricia Lebrun
INSERM U145, Faculty of Medicine, IFR50 Nice, France
J Biol Chem 280:38203-10. 2005..e. glut2 and glucokinase. Our study demonstrates that radiation, through the activation of DNA-PK, may regulate PDX-1 protein expression...
- Pancreatic and duodenal homeobox gene 1 induces hepatic dedifferentiation by suppressing the expression of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein betaIrit Meivar-Levy
The Endocrine Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Hepatology 46:898-905. 2007..Hepatic dedifferentiation is necessary though not sufficient for the activation of the mature pancreatic repertoire in liver...
- NKX6.1 promotes PDX-1-induced liver to pancreatic β-cells reprogrammingShiraz Gefen-Halevi
Sheba Regenerative Medicine, Stem cells and Tissue engineering Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Cell Reprogram 12:655-64. 2010..The individual and concerted effects of pancreatic transcription factors in adult extra-pancreatic cells, is expected to facilitate developing regenerative medicine approaches for cell replacement therapy in diabetics...
- Characterization of somatostatin transactivating factor-1, a novel homeobox factor that stimulates somatostatin expression in pancreatic islet cellsJ Leonard
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, La Jolla, California 92037
Mol Endocrinol 7:1275-83. 1993....
- Gastric PDX-1 expression in pancreatic metaplasia and endocrine cell hyperplasia in atrophic corpus gastritisMaike Buettner
Institute of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Mod Pathol 17:56-61. 2004....
- Identification of PCIF1, a POZ domain protein that inhibits PDX-1 (MODY4) transcriptional activityAihua Liu
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, and Penn Diabetes Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4372-83. 2004..The coexpression of PCIF1 with PDX-1 in beta cells and the ability of PCIF1 to repress PDX-1 transactivation suggest that modulation of PDX-1 function by PCIF1 may regulate normal beta cell differentiation...
- Hepatic regeneration and enforced PDX-1 expression accelerate transdifferentiation in liverMasayuki Koizumi
Department of Surgery and Surgical Basic Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Surgery 136:449-57. 2004..In this study, we analyzed the plasticity of the liver by enforced expression of PDX-1 in streptozotocin (STZ)-treated mice under the condition of hepatic regeneration...
- Mechanism of PDX-1 protein transductionHirofumi Noguchi
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:68-74. 2005....
- Insulin Promoter Factor 1 variation is associated with type 2 diabetes in African AmericansMohammad A Karim
Endocrinology Section, Medical Service, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
BMC Med Genet 6:37. 2005..The beta-cell specific transcription factor, insulin promoter factor 1 gene (IPF1), is essential to pancreatic development and the maintenance of beta-cell mass...
- Role of a proline insertion in the insulin promoter factor 1 (IPF1) gene in African Americans with type 2 diabetesSteven C Elbein
Endocrinology Section, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Diabetes 55:2909-14. 2006..We identified an inframe insertion of a proline in the insulin promoter factor 1 (IPF1) gene (InsCCG243), which was relatively common (minor allele frequency approximately 0...
- Transcriptional activation of the GLUT2 gene by the IPF-1/STF-1/IDX-1 homeobox factorG Waeber
Department of Internal Medicine B, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Endocrinol 10:1327-34. 1996..These data demonstrate that the murine GLUT2 promoter is controlled by the PDX-1 homeobox factor through the identified GLUT2TAAT motif...
- Involvement of the homeodomain-containing transcription factor PDX-1 in islet amyloid polypeptide gene transcriptionH Watada
First Department of Medicine, Osaka University School of Medicine, Suita, 565, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 229:746-51. 1996..the gene's expression to pancreatic beta-cells, bound by a homeodomain-containing transcription factor, PDX-1/IPF1/STF-1/IDX-1...
- Pancreatic agenesis attributable to a single nucleotide deletion in the human IPF1 gene coding sequenceD A Stoffers
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Nat Genet 15:106-10. 1997The homeodomain protein IPF1 (also known as IDX1, STF1 and PDX1; see Methods) is critical for development of the pancreas in mice and is a key factor for the regulation of the insulin gene in the beta-cells of the endocrine pancreas...
- Identification of cis- and trans-active factors regulating human islet amyloid polypeptide gene expression in pancreatic beta-cellsM D Carty
Department of Molecular Sciences, Central Research Division, Pfizer, Inc, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
J Biol Chem 272:11986-93. 1997..Since PDX-1 is highly enriched in beta and delta cells, these results suggest that this factor plays a principal role in defining islet beta cell- and delta cell-specific expression of the IAPP gene...
- Missense mutations in the insulin promoter factor-1 gene predispose to type 2 diabetesW M Macfarlane
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 104:R33-9. 1999..We conclude that mutations in the IPF-1 gene may predispose to type 2 diabetes and are a rare cause of MODY and pancreatic agenesis, with the phenotype depending upon the severity of the mutation...
- Defective mutations in the insulin promoter factor-1 (IPF-1) gene in late-onset type 2 diabetes mellitusE H Hani
Institute of Biology of Lille CNRS UPRES A8090, Pasteur Institute, 59000 Lille, France
J Clin Invest 104:R41-8. 1999..We propose that IPF-1 mutations can cause MODY or apparently monogenic late-onset diabetes and that they represent a significant risk factor for type 2 diabetes in humans...
- Transcription factor BETA2 acts cooperatively with E2A and PDX1 to activate the insulin gene promoterE Glick
Department of Biological Chemistry, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel 76100, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2199-204. 2000....
- Functional consequences of mutations in the MODY4 gene (IPF1) and coexistence with MODY3 mutationsJ Weng
Department of Endocrinology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Diabetologia 44:249-58. 2001The aim of this study was to examine the putative role of mutations in the insulin promoter 1 (IPF1) gene in early-onset diabetes.
- Pancreas duodenum homeobox-1 regulates pancreas development during embryogenesis and islet cell function in adulthoodHongxiang Hui
Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 146:129-41. 2002..The dual action of PDX-1, as a differentiation factor during embryogenesis and as a regulator of islet cell physiology in mature islet cells, underscores the unique role of PDX-1 in health and disease of the human endocrine pancreas...
- Conserved sequences in a tissue-specific regulatory region of the pdx-1 gene mediate transcription in Pancreatic beta cells: role for hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 beta and Pax6Susan E Samaras
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:4702-13. 2002..Collectively, these data suggest an important role for both HNF3 beta and Pax6 in regulating pdx-1 expression in beta cells...
- Exendin-4 differentiation of a human pancreatic duct cell line into endocrine cells: involvement of PDX-1 and HNF3beta transcription factorsJie Zhou
Diabetes Section, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:304-14. 2002..Our results indicate that EX-4 activates adenylyl cyclase and MAP kinase which, in turn, may lead to activation of transcription factors necessary for an endocrine phenotype...
- Increased PDX-1 expression is associated with outcome in patients with pancreatic cancerMasayuki Koizumi
Department of Surgery and Surgical Basic Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Surgery 134:260-6. 2003..We analyzed PDX-1 expression in human pancreatic cancer specimens, pancreatic cancer cell lines, and the effects of forced expression of PDX-1 in pancreatic cancer cells...
- Insulin promoter factor-1 mutations and diabetes in Trinidad: identification of a novel diabetes-associated mutation (E224K) in an Indo-Trinidadian familyBrian N Cockburn
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Agriculture, University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:971-8. 2004..of age and a family history of diabetes for mutations in the minimal promoter and coding region of the IPF-1 gene (IPF1)...
- Identification of a novel PDX-1 binding site in the human insulin gene enhancerJohn Le Lay
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37215, USA
J Biol Chem 279:22228-35. 2004..These results demonstrate that the GG2 element, despite its divergence from the core homeodomain consensus binding motif, is a site for PDX-1 activation in the human insulin gene...
- Does the aspartic acid to asparagine substitution at position 76 in the pancreas duodenum homeobox gene (PDX1) cause late-onset type 2 diabetes?Steven C Elbein
Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Diabetes Care 27:1968-73. 2004..We tested the hypothesis that the Asp76Asn (D76N) variant that was identified in several populations predisposed type 2 diabetes and reduced insulin secretion...
- Synergistic activation of the insulin gene promoter by the beta-cell enriched transcription factors MafA, Beta2, and Pdx1Shinsaku Aramata
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Biological Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama cho, Ikoma 630 0192, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1730:41-6. 2005..These results suggest that co-expression and functional synergism of these beta-cell enriched transactivators, MafA, Pdx1, and Beta2, are critical for establishing the beta-cell-specific and efficient expression of the insulin gene...
- Generation of insulin-producing cells from PDX-1 gene-modified human mesenchymal stem cellsYanhua Li
Department of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Beijing Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Beijing, China
J Cell Physiol 211:36-44. 2007..These findings validate the hMSCs model system as a potential basis for enrichment of human beta cells or their precursors, and a possible source for cell replacement therapy in diabetes...
- PDX-1 expression is associated with islet proliferation in vitro and in vivoMark A Feanny
The Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Surg Res 144:8-16. 2008..In this study, we investigated the role of PDX-1 in ductal-to-islet cell transdifferentiation, islet cell apoptosis, and proliferation in addition to other regulators associated with these processes in two developing beta-cell models...
- Activin B mediated induction of Pdx1 in human embryonic stem cell derived embryoid bodiesUlrik Frandsen
KMEB Laboratory, Medical Biotechnology Center, Winslevparken 25 1, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:568-74. 2007..The data suggest that additional suppression of Shh signaling may be required to allow for proper specification of pancreatic cell lineages in hESCs...
- PDX-1 acts as a potential molecular target for treatment of human pancreatic cancerShihe Liu
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pancreas 37:210-20. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether pancreatic and duodenal homeobox factor 1 (PDX-1) could serve as a potential molecular target for the treatment of pancreatic cancer...
- A-beta-subtype of ketosis-prone diabetes is not predominantly a monogenic diabetic syndromeWade C Haaland
Human Genome Sequencing Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Diabetes Care 32:873-7. 2009....
- Exendin-4 promotes liver cell proliferation and enhances the PDX-1-induced liver to pancreas transdifferentiation processVered Aviv
Endocrine Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
J Biol Chem 284:33509-20. 2009..Understanding the cellular and molecular basis of the transdifferentiation process will allow us to increase the efficiency of the reprogramming process and optimize its therapeutic merit...
- A novel hypomorphic PDX1 mutation responsible for permanent neonatal diabetes with subclinical exocrine deficiencyMarc Nicolino
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Hopital Femme Mere Enfant, Lyon University, Lyon, France
Diabetes 59:733-40. 2010..We studied a consanguineous family with two first cousins affected by neonatal diabetes; their four parents had a common ancestor, suggestive of a fully penetrant recessive mutation...
- Research resource: the pdx1 cistrome of pancreatic isletsCynthia Khoo
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Endocrinol 26:521-33. 2012....
- Localization of human homeodomain transcription factor insulin promoter factor 1 (IPF1) to chromosome band 13q12.1M Stoffel
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genomics 28:125-6. 1995
- Agenesis of human pancreas due to decreased half-life of insulin promoter factor 1Valerie M Schwitzgebel
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Geneva University Hospital, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4398-406. 2003..Normal pancreas development is controlled by a cascade of transcription factors, where insulin promoter factor 1 (IPF1) plays a crucial role. Here, we describe two novel mutations in the IPF1 gene leading to pancreas agenesis...
- IPF-1/MODY4 gene missense mutation in an Italian family with type 2 and gestational diabetesClaudia Gragnoli
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Metabolism 54:983-8. 2005..Genetic variation in insulin promoter factor-1 (IPF1) (MODY4) is uncommon but may contribute to early- or late-onset diabetes as part of a polygenic background...
- In vivo and in vitro studies of a functional peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma response element in the mouse pdx-1 promoterDhananjay Gupta
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 283:32462-70. 2008....
- An endocrine-exocrine switch in the activity of the pancreatic homeodomain protein PDX1 through formation of a trimeric complex with PBX1b and MRG1 (MEIS2)G H Swift
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:5109-20. 1998..These observations suggest that association with PBX and MEIS partners controls the nature of the transcriptional activity of the organ-specific PDX1 transcription factor in exocrine versus endocrine cells...
- Experimental control of pancreatic development and maintenanceAndrew M Holland
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12236-41. 2002..These results demonstrate the feasibility of controlling the formation of an organ during embryogenesis in utero and the maintenance of the mature organ through the experimental manipulation of a key developmental regulator...
- Enhanced cytotoxicity of RIPTK gene therapy of pancreatic cancer via PDX-1 co-deliveryShihe Liu
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Surg Res 137:1-9. 2007....
- The Onecut transcription factor HNF-6 (OC-1) is required for timely specification of the pancreas and acts upstream of Pdx-1 in the specification cascadePatrick Jacquemin
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, Avenue Hippocrate 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 258:105-16. 2003..Together with the known role of HNF-6 in pancreatic endocrine cell differentiation, our data point to HNF-6 as a key regulator of pancreas development...
- Dose estimation by ESR spectroscopy at a fatal radiation accidentD F Regulla
Int J Rad Appl Instrum A 40:1039-43. 1989..There was a lack of realistic estimates on the victim's tissue or body doses up to his death. GSF was able to provide the first reliable dose values, upon request from Norwegian colleagues...
- Structural and thermodynamic insights into the assembly of the heteromeric pyridoxal phosphate synthase from Plasmodium falciparumKarlheinz Flicker
Technische Universitat Graz, Institut fur Biochemie, Petersgasse 12, A 8010 Graz, Austria
J Mol Biol 374:732-48. 2007..subtilis Pdx2. The swap mutant also partially elicits glutaminase activity in BsPdx2, demonstrating that formation of the protein complex interface via alphaN and catalytic activation of the glutaminase are linked processes...
- PDX-1 expression and proliferation of duct epithelial cells after partial pancreatectomy in ratsTao Liu
Department of Pancreatic Surgery, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:424-9. 2007....
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is required for development of the exocrine pancreasJames M Wells
Department of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research 45267, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:4. 2007..A Pdx1-cre mouse line was used to delete a floxed beta-catenin allele specifically in the developing pancreas, and embryonic pancreata were studied by immunohistochemistry and microarray analysis...
- Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II delta2 regulates gene expression of insulin in INS-1 rat insulinoma cellsM Osterhoff
Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung DIfE, D 14558, Bergholz Rehbrücke, Germany
Cell Calcium 33:175-84. 2003....
- Fatty acids decrease IDX-1 expression in rat pancreatic islets and reduce GLUT2, glucokinase, insulin, and somatostatin levelsS Gremlich
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Lausanne, 27, Rue du Bugnon, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 272:30261-9. 1997..Fatty acids thus have pleiotropic effects on pancreatic islet gene expression, and the negative control of Idx-1 expression may be an initial event in the development of these multiple defects...
- Glucose modulates the binding activity of the beta-cell transcription factor IUF1 in a phosphorylation-dependent mannerW M Macfarlane
Department of Medicine, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, U K
Biochem J 303:625-31. 1994..Finally, IUF1 was shown to be immunologically related to a recently cloned factor, IPF1, that binds to a CT-like sequence in the rat insulin I gene promoter.
- Experimental conversion of liver to pancreasMarko E Horb
Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, BA2 7AY, Bath, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 13:105-15. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine whether a gene overexpression protocol based on Pdx1 would be able to cause conversion of liver to pancreas...
- The angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitor enalapril and aspirin delay progression of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and cancer formation in a genetically engineered mouse model of pancreatic cancerVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg, Germany
Gut 59:630-7. 2010..In this study, we used a genetically engineered mouse model of pancreatic cancer to evaluate the chemopreventive potential of these drugs...
- Thermodynamic characterization of the protein-protein interaction in the heteromeric Bacillus subtilis pyridoxalphosphate synthaseMartina Neuwirth
Institut fur Biochemie, Technische Universitat Graz, Petersgasse 12 2, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochemistry 46:5131-9. 2007....
- Intersubunit cross-talk in pyridoxal 5'-phosphate synthase, coordinated by the C terminus of the synthase subunitThomas Raschle
Institute of Plant Sciences, ETH Zurich, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 284:7706-18. 2009..We show that ribose 5-phosphate binding triggers strong cooperativity in Pdx1, and the affinity for this substrate is substantially enhanced upon interaction with the Michaelis complex of Pdx2 and glutamine...
- Decreased sucrase and lactase activity in iron deficiency is accompanied by reduced gene expression and upregulation of the transcriptional repressor PDX-1Adrian R West
Physiology, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G1108-14. 2005..These data suggest that decreases in sucrase and lactase activities result from a reduction in gene expression, following from increased levels of the transcriptional repressor PDX-1...
- Mechanistic studies on pyridoxal phosphate synthase: the reaction pathway leading to a chromophoric intermediateJeremiah W Hanes
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, 120 Baker Laboratory, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:3043-52. 2008..These results allow us to narrow the mechanistic possibilities for the complex series of reactions involved in PLP formation...
- The morphology of islets of Langerhans is only mildly affected by the lack of Pdx-1 in the pancreas of adult Meriones jirdsCarsten R Gustavsen
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, Niels Steensensvej 6, Gentofte DK2820, Denmark
Gen Comp Endocrinol 159:241-9. 2008....
- Sonic hedgehog and pancreatic-duodenal homeobox 1 expression distinguish between duodenal and pancreatic gastrinomasVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:613-22. 2009..The expression pattern of Pdx1, Shh, and PP in resected metastases can help to locate an otherwise undetected primary gastrinoma...
- The impact of social franchising on the use of reproductive health and family planning services at public commune health stations in VietnamAnh D Ngo
Vietnam Evidence for Health Policy Project, School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Health Strategy and Policy Institute, 138 Giang Vo Str, Hanoi, Vietnam
BMC Health Serv Res 10:54. 2010..This study evaluates behavioral outcomes associated with a new approach - the Government Social Franchise (GSF) model - developed to improve RHFP service quality and capacity in Vietnam's commune health stations (CHSs).
- In vitro pancreas duodenal homeobox-1 enhances the differentiation of pancreatic ductal epithelial cells into insulin-producing cellsTao Liu
Department of Pancreatic Surgery, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:5232-7. 2007..To observe whether pancreatic and duodenal homeobox factor-1 enhances the differentiation of pancreatic ductal epithelial cells into insulin-producing cells in vitro...
- The short-rooted vitamin B6-deficient mutant pdx1 has impaired local auxin biosynthesisHao Chen
Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Planta 229:1303-10. 2009..These data indicate that pdx1 is impaired in Trp-dependent auxin biosynthesis, which may contribute to the short-root phenotype of pdx1. We suggest that locally synthesized auxin may play a critical role in postembryonic root growth...
- Effects of DNA methylation and histone modification on differentiation-associated gene expression in ES, NIH3T3, and NIT-1Aiping Fang
Shenzhen People s Hospital, Second Affiliated Medical College of Jinan University, Shenzhen, 518020, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 31:10-6. 2011..It was concluded that histone modification (H3K4m3 and H3K9m3) and DNA methylation might have an intimate communication between each other in the differentiation process from embryonic stem cells into islet cells...
- The PDX1 homeodomain transcription factor negatively regulates the pancreatic ductal cell-specific keratin 19 promoterTherese B Deramaudt
Division of Gastroenterology, Departments of Medicine and Genetics, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, 415 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 281:38385-95. 2006..Furthermore, PDX1 may inhibit the ductal differentiation program in the pancreatic endocrine compartment, particularly beta cells...
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass promotes expression of PDX-1 and regeneration of beta-cells in Goto-Kakizaki ratsZhen Li
Southern Medical University, Institute of Basic Medical Anatomy National Key Disciplines, Guangzhou 510515, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:2244-51. 2010..To study the effects of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) on the expression of pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1 (PDX-1) and pancreatic beta-cell regeneration/neogenesis, and their possible mechanisms in diabetics...
- Expression in murine teratocarcinoma F9 cells of transcription factors involved in pancreas developmentL O'Driscoll
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin, Ireland
Transplant Proc 36:1151-8. 2004..This study sought to differentiate a murine teratocarcinoma cell line, F9, to endodermal-like cells and, subsequently; to investigate the effects of regulated expression of transcription factors in pancreas development...
- Pyridoxine is required for post-embryonic root development and tolerance to osmotic and oxidative stressesHao Chen
Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Plant J 44:396-408. 2005..Our study establishes a critical role of vitamin B6 in plant development and stress tolerance and suggests that vitamin B6 may represent a new class of antioxidant in plants...
- AMP-activated protein kinase and pancreatic/duodenal homeobox-1 involved in insulin secretion under high leucine exposure in rat insulinoma beta-cellsXiujuan Zhang
Department of Endocrinology, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, China
J Cell Mol Med 13:758-70. 2009..The study indicated that chronic leucine might result in an increase in AMPK and then a decrease in PDX-l, in turn to depress GCK and GLUT2 resulting in decreased GSIS at high glucose and insulin content...
- Mechanism of insulin gene regulation by the pancreatic transcription factor Pdx-1: application of pre-mRNA analysis and chromatin immunoprecipitation to assess formation of functional transcriptional complexesTessy Iype
Department of Internal Medicine and the Diabetes Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16798-807. 2005..This complex leads to enhancement of elongation by the basal transcriptional machinery...
- Obesity and hyperinsulinemia in a family with pancreatic agenesis and MODY caused by the IPF1 mutation Pro63fsX60Stefan S Fajans
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 9484, USA
Transl Res 156:7-14. 2010..110 individuals; 34 are currently being treated for diabetes and 10 of these are Pro63fsX60 carriers (ie, MODY4). Subjects with MODY as well as those with type 2 diabetes are characterized by obesity and hyperinsulinemia...
- Oligonucleotide microarray analysis reveals PDX1 as an essential regulator of mitochondrial metabolism in rat isletsBenoit R Gauthier
Department of Cell Physiology and Metabolism and Genomics Platform, National Center of Competence in Research Frontiers in Genetics, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 279:31121-30. 2004Mutations in the transcription factor IPF1/PDX1 have been associated with type 2 diabetes...
- Stem cell factor/c-Kit interactions regulate human islet-epithelial cluster proliferation and differentiationJinming Li
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:961-72. 2006....
- Changes in gene expression in beta cells after islet isolation and transplantation using laser-capture microdissectionY B Ahn
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetologia 50:334-42. 2007..In addition, hyperglycaemia after islet transplantation can compromise beta cell function. The aim of this experiment was to evaluate changes in gene expression in endogenous islets using laser-capture microdissection (LCM)...
- Cyclical and alternating infusions of glucose and intralipid in rats inhibit insulin gene expression and Pdx-1 binding in isletsDerek K Hagman
DVM, Montreal Diabetes Research Center, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Technopole Angus, 2901 Rachel Est, Montreal, QC, H1W 4A4, Canada
Diabetes 57:424-31. 2008..Whether such a phenomenon also occurs in vivo is unknown. Our objective was therefore to ascertain whether chronic nutrient oversupply inhibits insulin gene expression in vivo...
- Pancreatic duodenal homeobox 1 protein is a novel beta-cell-specific autoantigen for type I diabetesShi Wu Li
Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0275, USA
Lab Invest 90:31-9. 2010..The presence of PAAs in prediabetic NOD mice and human T1D patients, and Pdx1-specific T-cell proliferation in NOD mice provide a strong rationale for further investigation of the pathogenic role of immune responses against Pdx1 in T1D...
- Pdx1 inactivation restricted to the intestinal epithelium in mice alters duodenal gene expression in enterocytes and enteroendocrine cellsChin Chen
Stanford Univ School of Medicine, CA 94305 5208, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G1126-37. 2009..We conclude that Pdx1 is necessary for patterning appropriate gene expression in enterocytes and enteroendocrine cells of the proximal small intestine...
- Stem cells and regenerative medicine for diabetes mellitusShoichiro Sumi
Department of Organ Reconstruction, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Pancreas 29:e85-9. 2004..Perhaps recent developments in these fields may rapidly lead to an established regenerative therapy for diabetes mellitus...
- Transcription factor expression in the developing human fetal endocrine pancreasB M Lyttle
Children s Health Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Diabetologia 51:1169-80. 2008..However, similar data for humans have been limited. The aim of the present study was to provide a connection between pancreatic morphology, transcription factor gene expression and protein localisation during human fetal development...
- Pancreas duodenum homeobox-1 transcriptional activation requires interactions with p300Violeta Stanojevic
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Wellman 340, 50 Blossom Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Endocrinology 145:2918-28. 2004..Impairment of interactions between PDX-1 and p300 in pancreatic beta-cells may limit insulin production and lead to the development of diabetes...
- PDX-1 can repress stimulus-induced activation of the INGAP promoterDavid A Taylor-Fishwick
Department of Medicine, Strelitz Diabetes Institutes, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23510, USA
J Endocrinol 188:611-21. 2006..These findings implicate PDX-1 in a possible feedback loop to block unbridled islet expansion...
- Regulation of pancreas duodenum homeobox-1 expression by early growth response-1Kazuhiro Eto
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 282:5973-83. 2007..We propose that Egr-1 expression levels may act as a sensor in pancreatic beta-cells to translate extracellular signals into changes in PDX-1 expression levels and pancreatic beta-cell function...
- PDX1 is essential for vitamin B6 biosynthesis, development and stress tolerance in ArabidopsisOlca Titiz
ETH Zurich, Institute of Plant Science, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant J 48:933-46. 2006..Furthermore, we provide evidence that in addition to being essential for plant growth and development, vitamin B6 also plays a role in stress tolerance and photoprotection of plants...
- Maturation of adult beta-cells revealed using a Pdx1/insulin dual-reporter lentivirusMarta Szabat
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Endocrinology 150:1627-35. 2009..These results have implications for harnessing the maturation process for therapeutic purposes...
- Novel monoclonal antibodies against Pdx1 reveal feedback regulation of Pdx1 protein levelsT Galbo
Hagedorn Research Institute, Department of Beta Cell Regeneration, Gentofte, Denmark
Eur J Histochem 54:e19. 2010..Finally, we show that induction of exogenous Pdx1 leads to a reduction in endogenous Pdx1 levels, which suggests that a negative feedback loop is involved in maintaining correct levels of Pdx1 in the cell...
- Expression of neurogenin3 reveals an islet cell precursor population in the pancreasV M Schwitzgebel
Hormone Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, and Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 127:3533-42. 2000....
- Pax4 regulatory elements mediate beta cell specific expression in the pancreasC Brink
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Mech Dev 100:37-43. 2001..This promoter region contains sequence motifs that have been shown to be involved in beta-cell-specific expression of insulin, Pdx1 and islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP). In addition, we determined a previously undescribed 5'intron...
- Size fractionation of marine sediments by pinched inlet gravitational split-flow thin fractionation and the study of size dependent PCDD/Fs concentrations from different bay areasMyeong Hee Moon
Department of Chemistry, Yonsei University, Seoul, 120 749, Korea
J Sep Sci 28:373-9. 2005Pinched inlet gravitational split-flow thin fractionation (PI-GSF) has been applied to the continuous size fractionation of marine sediments in order to study the difference in sediment size distribution and the concentration of PCDD/Fs ..
- Dorsal pancreas agenesis in retinoic acid-deficient Raldh2 mutant miceMerce Martin
INSERM, U682, Strasbourg, France
Dev Biol 284:399-411. 2005..Raldh2-deficient mice do not develop a dorsal pancreatic bud. Mutant embryos lack Pdx 1 expression, an essential regulator of early pancreas development, in the dorsal but not the ventral endoderm...
- Endodermal expression of Nkx6 genes depends differentially on Pdx1Jesper K Pedersen
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, Niels Steensensvej 6, DK 2820, Gentofte, Denmark
Dev Biol 288:487-501. 2005..2 or Nkx6.3 expression in anterior chicken endoderm. These results demonstrate that Nkx6.1 lies downstream of Pdx1 in a genetic pathway and that Pdx1 is required and sufficient for Nkx6.1 expression in the early foregut endoderm...
- Communicore Animal Facility (CAF) Renovation Phase III Part IIAUGUST BATTLES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Phase II is in the planning stage and will construct a 62,000 gross square feet (gsf) addition to CAF as part of a 172,000 gsf Biomedical Sciences Building immediately adjacent to CAF...
- Analyzing the MafB transcription factor in islet beta cell formation and functionRoland W Stein; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Signaling and Epigenetic Control of Beta Cell Development and RegenerationKenneth S Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Beta-cell Compensation in Partial Pancreatectomy MiceJOHN L LEAHY; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Beta-cell ProliferationFredric E Wondisford; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies of in vivo mechanisms of [unreadable]-cell proliferation may provide therapeutic approaches for diabetes mellitus in humans. ..
- Neural control of adaptive Beta-cell growth in insulin resistant ratsWILLIAM CHARLES DIAZ; Fiscal Year: 2011..Ultimately, further understanding of neurally influenced growth of b-cells may even lead to improvements in islet transplantation and, conceivably, through enhanced functional mass through pharmacological means. ..
- Transcriptional Regulation of Pancreas Development and FunctionCATHERINE LEE MAY; Fiscal Year: 2012..The experiments described in this application will help delineate the mechanisms controlling the growth and development of ?-cells and bring us closer to generating functional ?-cells for cell replacement therapy. ..
- Transcriptional coregulators in pancreas developmentDoris A Stoffers; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Histone Acetylation and Insulin Gene ExpressionSabire Ozcan; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the data obtained will contribute to our understanding of Pdx-1, MafA and NeuroD1 function in the regulation of pancreas development and glucose-stimulated insulin gene transcription. ..
- Insulin Producing Cells from Amniotic Stem Cells for Diabetes TherapyAnthony Atala; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful development of an abundant source of transplantable insulin producing cells potentially would have a profound impact on the treatment of a major public health problem. ..
- Characterization of Endoderm Stem Cells Derived from Murine ESCsJon S Odorico; Fiscal Year: 2010..This knowledge will help in establishing protocols for the isolation and differentiation of human endoderm-committed cells for the production of functional cells to be used in transplantation therapies. ..
- The role of Pcif1 in pancreas developmentJEFFREY CHARLES RAUM; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specifically, we will assess the role in acinar cell formation by quantifying cell numbers and the levels of proteins crucial for formation and function, including Ptf1a and amylase. ..
- Joseph L Napoli; Fiscal Year: 2014..e. defects in Pdx-1 and HNF41 underlie MODY4 and MODY1, respectively. A defect in the gene that encodes glucokinase underlies a third MODY, i.e...
- Monique Bastidas; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Chromatin Cofactors in Islet Development and FunctionRaghavendra G Mirmira; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overall, this project seeks to understand how insulin-producing cells are formed and how specific genes might be used to reprogram other cell types to become insulin-producing cells for individuals with diabetes. ..
- James R Dutton; Fiscal Year: 2014..A new source of beta cells would enable many more transplants to be carried out. ..
- Vincent Poitout; Fiscal Year: 2015..We anticipate that these findings will serve as a basis to design novel therapeutic approaches to prevent the deterioration of [unreadable]-cell function in T2D. ..
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC INSULIN EXTRACTIONKenneth S Polonsky; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Scott Soleimanpour; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Role of PDX1 in insulin biosynthesis and ER homeostasisCynthia Khoo; Fiscal Year: 2011..Studying the mechanism for PDXI regulation of insulin secretion and [unreadable] cell survival may lead to targets for treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Reveresal of Diabetes by Pdx1-VP16 and Pax4-Induced Islet RegenerationDONGQI DQ TANG; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is possible that new therapeutic strategies may arise from harnessing pancreatic transcription factors in innovative ways in order to regenerate islets lost to diabetes. ..
- PDX-1 is a Therapeutic Target for Pancreatic CancerFRANCIS CHARLES BRUNICARDI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary data support the hypothesis that PDX-1 is a therapeutic target for PC, which could be a meaningful advance for patients with this horrible disease. ..
- ENDOCRINE PANCREAS: GENE EXPRESSION AND REGULATIONDoris Stoffers; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms regulating hepatic specification and differentiation in zebrafishCHONG H SHIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..I expect I can answer the fundamental question how the liver and pancreas develop from common progenitors to acquire their unique and overlapping function with series of these experiments. ..
- Coordinated regulation of signaling events for insulin biosynthesis and secretionGen Sheng Feng; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Lori Sussel; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will also use global ChIP-Seq and RNA-Seq analysis to identify the set of genes regulated by Gata4 and/or Gata6 in the pancreas. ..
- Doris A Stoffers; Fiscal Year: 2014..The overarching goal of the proposed studies is to optimize the guided transitions of ES and iPS cells toward a ( cell fate to make potentially patient-specific ( cells available for transplantation. ..
- Transcriptional regulatory networks controlling Xenopus pancreas developmentMarko E Horb; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Intervention of Pancreatic Oncogenic Pathways with Dietary TocotrienolMokenge P Malafa; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results from these studies will advance our understanding of how a bioactive food component such as delta-tocotrienol can be exploited for the prevention and treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- CHRISTOPHER VYVIAN ERIC WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Anil K Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will help to provide opportunities for management of pancreatitis to enhance tissue regeneration and of PanIN/PDAC. ..
- LRH-1: Structure-based Approach to Drug Design for Gastrointestinal TumorsJames Bayrer; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Dysregulation of TGF Beta Action Pancreatic CancerMurray Korc; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal aims to provide an improved understanding of the biological causes that contribute to this disease aggressiveness, with the ultimate goal of devising better diagnostic and therapeutic strategies. ..
- Guang Yu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Phenotypic and Functional Characterization of Beta Cell*Catherine Verfaillie; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should then ultimately culminate in characterization of islet stem cell suitable for clinical therapy of diabetes. ..
- Edward L Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- PDX-1 Regulation of Intestinal Pattern FormationEric Sibley; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Develop and Characterize a Novel Animal Model of Pancreatic CancerBaoan Ji; Fiscal Year: 2012..We expect that this animal model of pancreatic cancer will be more clinically relevant and appropriate for translational research. ..
- Pdx-1 and Maf Proteins in Human IsletsALVIN POWERS; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Transcriptional Regulation of Beta-Cell-Specific Expression of the MafA GeneCHAD HUNTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies aimed at understanding the regulation of beta cell genes, like these with MafA, may increase the probability of developing replacement beta cells for improved diabetes treatment. ..
- Control of islet b-specific pdx-1 & mafA transcriptionRoland Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Rebecca A Simmons; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specific Aim 3: To test the hypothesis that the mechanism by which gene expression is increased in IUGR islets occurs through the induction of histone modifications, which in turn drive the loss of DNA methylation. ..
- Targeting CDK5 in Pancreatic Cancer: Mechanistic and Preclinical DevelopmentBarry D Nelkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the current project, we will develop CDK5 as a potential therapeutic target for the control of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Keping Xie; Fiscal Year: 2014..In the long term, our study also can lead to further investigation of the molecular mechanisms mediating disregulated FoxM1 signaling and its crosstalk with ras and KLF4 pathways. ..
- GLP-1 regulation of endocrine pancreas growthDIVA DE LEON; Fiscal Year: 2001..The effect of over expression of PDX-1 in the exocrine tissue will be also studied. Studies in vivo and in vitro will be conducted to identify genes ..
- Endocrine Pancreas from Sox17+ Endoderm ProgenitorsHSUN KU; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Don J Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2014..The long-term objective is to develop shIDO-ST into a suitable, effective therapy for the treatment of patients with advanced inoperable PDAC. ..
- Gross Hall Animal Resource CenterSusan V Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application requests funds to build-out and equip 23,385 gross square feet (GSF) of shell space at the UCI to create the 17,433 ASF Gross Hall Animal Resource Center (GHARC) to support PHS-funded ..
- Creating Glucose Responsive Cardiovascular ComplicationsIRA JAY GOLDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Both processes will be studied in vivo and mechanistic information obtained by studying gene and protein expression. ..
- Biology and Immunology of Pancreatic Cancer Stem Cells in a Novel Mouse ModelEdgar G Engleman; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Cyclotron, PET and MRI Facility Improvement: A Scientific Resource for ArizonaEric M Reiman; Fiscal Year: 2010..built-in radiochemistry equipment, and increase our total laboratory space from 6,378 to 16,520 gross square feet (GSF) to support our rapidly growing research needs...
- UC Davis California National Primate Research Center Respiratory Disease CenterDALLAS MELVIN HYDE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Limited Competition Extramural Research Facility Improvement Program (C06) to construct a 19,124 gross square foot (GSF) Respiratory Diseases Center (RDC) that includes office and laboratory space, an inhalation exposure facility, ..
- MARK REID PHILIPS; Fiscal Year: 2016..We believe that understanding the mechanism through which Icmt behaves like a tumor suppressor will not only inform drug discovery in the Ras pathway but will reveal new and important aspects of cancer biology. ..
- Connie J Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Institute on Aging Clinical Translational Research BuildingMarco Pahor; Fiscal Year: 2010..the University of Florida (UF) Institute on Aging Clinical Translational Research Building (IOA-CTRB) of 39,500 GSF, which will be instrumental for developing novel research approaches aimed at improving the health, independence ..
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Animal Resource Facility ImprovemKEVIN C O'HAIR; Fiscal Year: 2012..80 to support purchase of a new tunnel washer, 13 ventilated mouse racks and associated renovation of 2,197 gsf / 2,197 nsf to support installation of this equipment at the University of New Mexico (UNM) Health Sciences Center (..
- The Role of glypican-1 in Pancreatic Cancer Development and ProgressionCHERY ANGEL WHIPPLE; Fiscal Year: 2013..These data may provide support for the efficacy of targeting GPC1 either alone or in combination with other therapeutic targets. ..
- GLORIA HUEI TING SU; Fiscal Year: 2015..These experiments will help us better understand the mechanism of metastasis and to develop more effective target therapies for pancreatic cancer patients. ..
- Translational Research at PENN: Advancing Cures through Interdisciplinary ScienceGlen N Gaulton; Fiscal Year: 2010..to catalyze the formation of the PENN Center for Chronobiology through construction of 46,204 gross square feet (gsf) of contiguous space in the Fisher Translational Research Building, thereby uniting basic scientists studying ..
- Data Center Core ConsolidationMark Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2010..To eliminate severe IT-infrastructure constraints on research, we propose a major alteration of 4,806 gsf to create a 389-kW consolidated Data Center...
- Mouse Model for Human Pancreatic Ductal AdenocarcinomaGloria Su; Fiscal Year: 2009..PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 11/07) Page Continuation Format Page ..
- Thomas E. Starzl Biomedical Science Tower 12th Floor Laboratory Renovations ProjeArthur S Levine; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The specific aim of this application for funds is to renovate 44,525 GSF of space on the 12th floor of the Thomas E...
- Kenneth H Cowan; Fiscal Year: 2016..The opening of the $76 M Durham Research Center II (DRC II) in 2009, the ECC was assigned 2 floors (64,000 gsf) of additional research space and now has a total of 270,000 gsf of laboratory space under the authority of the ..
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESPatrick Manning; Fiscal Year: 1992..The 4 story complex, scheduled for occupancy in summer 1992, comprises 52,600 gsf of research, personnel and support space including a 6,000 gsf centralized animal research facility...
- Cell therapy of diabetes using broad spectrum multipotent stem cellsShay Soker; Fiscal Year: 2007..Preliminary studies with mouse AFS cells suggest that this approach can provide long-term reversal of diabetes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..