Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDLIM7
Description: PDZ and LIM domain 7
Alias: LMP1, LMP3, PDZ and LIM domain protein 7, 1110003B01Rik, LIM domain protein, LMP, Lim mineralization protein 3, PDZ and LIM domain 7 (enigma), protein enigma
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Enhancive effect of N,N'-dinitrosopiperazine on inducing precancerous lesion on nasal and/or nasopharyngeal epithelia of TgN(p53mt-LMP1)/HT miceDao fa Tian
Faculty of Integrative Medicine, Chinese Medicine University of Hunan, and Department of Clinical Laboratory, the First Xiangya Hospital, Changsha 410007, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 10:172-9. 2009..of N,N'-dinitrosopiperazine (DNP) on induced carcinogenesis in nasal and/or nasopharyngeal epithelia among TgN(p53mt-LMP1)/HT transgenic mice to examine the underlying mechanism for the development of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC).
- Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 mediates serine 25 phosphorylation and nuclear entry of annexin A2 via PI-PLC-PKCalpha/PKCbeta pathwayWei Luo
Cancer Research Institute, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, P R China
Mol Carcinog 47:934-46. 2008We have previously elucidated that Epstein-Barr-virus-encoded latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) can increase the serine phosphorylation level of annexin A2 by activating the protein kinase C (PKC) signaling pathway and that LMP1 induces ..
- LIM domain recognition of a tyrosine-containing tight turnR Y Wu
Department of Biology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0650
J Biol Chem 269:25085-90. 1994..These findings suggest that LIM domain structures in proteins provide molecular recognition of Tyr-containing tight turn structures...
- Shc and Enigma are both required for mitogenic signaling by Ret/ptc2K Durick
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0654, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2298-308. 1998..Because Shc and Enigma interact with the same site on a Ret/ptc2 monomer, dimerization of Ret/ptc2 allows assembly of molecular complexes that are properly localized via Enigma and transmit mitogenic signals via Shc...
- The PDZ domain of the LIM protein enigma binds to beta-tropomyosinP M Guy
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0650, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:1973-84. 1999..The association of Enigma with skeletal beta-TM suggests a role for Enigma as an adapter protein that directs LIM-binding proteins to actin filaments of muscle cells...
- The LIM domain: regulation by associationI Bach
Center for Molecular Neurobiology, University of Hamburg, Martinistrasse 85, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Mech Dev 91:5-17. 2000..Furthermore, the identification and characterization of factors that interact with LIM domains illuminates mechanisms of combinatorial developmental regulation...
- LIM mineralization protein-1 potentiates bone morphogenetic protein responsiveness via a novel interaction with Smurf1 resulting in decreased ubiquitination of SmadsSreedhara Sangadala
Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17212-9. 2006..We determined that LMP-1, a LIM domain protein capable of inducing de novo bone formation, interacts with Smurf1 (Smad ubiquitin regulatory factor 1) and ..
- LMP1 strain variants: biological and molecular propertiesBernardo A Mainou
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Virol 80:6458-68. 2006..Latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is considered the EBV oncogene as it is necessary for EBV-induced transformation of B lymphocytes and is able to ..
- Modeling and analysis of molecularinteraction between Smurf1-WW2 domain and various isoforms of LIM mineralization proteinSreedhara Sangadala
Atlanta VA Medical Center and the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Proteins 68:690-701. 2007LIM Mineralization Protein-1 (LMP-1) has been cloned and shown to be osteoinductive. Our efforts to understand the mode of action of LMP-1 led to the determination that LMP-1 interacts with Smad Ubiquitin Regulatory Factor-1 (Smurf1)...
- Truncated human LMP-1 triggers differentiation of C2C12 cells to an osteoblastic phenotype in vitroQinming Fei
Department of Orthopaedics, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 39:693-700. 2007LIM mineralization protein-1 (LMP-1) is a novel intracellular osteoinductive protein that has been shown to induce bone formation both in vitro and in vivo. LMP-1 contains an N-terminal PDZ domain and three C-terminal LIM domains...
- Potential involvement of the interaction between insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP)-6 and LIM mineralization protein (LMP)-1 in regulating osteoblast differentiationCassandra Strohbach
Jerry L Pettis Memorial VA Center, Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
J Cell Biochem 104:1890-905. 2008..LIM mineralizing protein (LMP-1) was identified as a high affinity IGFBP-6 binding partner...
- Enigma negatively regulates p53 through MDM2 and promotes tumor cell survival in miceCho Rok Jung
Gene Therapy Research Unit, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Daejeon, South Korea
J Clin Invest 120:4493-506. 2010..Here we have shown that the LIM domain protein Enigma directly interacts with MDM2 to form a ternary complex with p53 in vitro and in human hepatoma and ..
- Early transcriptional events during osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow stromal cells induced by Lim mineralization protein 3Camilla Bernardini
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Catholic University, School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Gene Expr 15:27-42. 2010Lim mineralization protein-3 (LMP3) induces osteoblast differentiation by regulating the expression and activity of certain molecules involved in the osteogenic cascade, including those belonging to the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) ..
- Overexpressed LIM mineralization proteins do not require LIM domains to induce boneYunshan Liu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Decatur, Georgia, USA
J Bone Miner Res 17:406-14. 2002Rat LIM mineralization protein 1 (LMP-1, an LIM domain protein) mediates bone morphogenetic protein 6 (BMP-6) induction of bone nodule formation in fetal rat calvarial osteoblast (ROB) cultures...
- BS69, a specific adaptor in the latent membrane protein 1-mediated c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathwayJun Wan
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clearwater Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Mol Cell Biol 26:448-56. 2006We previously demonstrated that the Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) potently activates the cellular c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway by sequentially engaging an unknown adaptor, TRAF6, TAB1/TAK1, and JNKKs...
- LMP1 regulates periodontal ligament progenitor cell proliferation and differentiationZhao Lin
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Bone 47:55-64. 2010b>LMP1 is an intracellular scaffold protein that contains a PDZ domain and three LIM domains. LMP1 has multiple functions including regulating mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) osteogenesis...
- [Prevalence of lymphoma subtypes in Shanxi according to latest WHO classification]Jin fen Wang
Department of Pathology, Shanxi Tumor Hospital, Taiyuan 030013, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 35:218-23. 2006..To analyze the prevalence of lymphoma subtypes in Shanxi according to the latest World Health Organization (WHO) classification, and to compare the figures with those in other parts of the world...
- TRAF1 is a critical regulator of JNK signaling by the TRAF-binding domain of the Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent infection membrane protein 1 but not CD40Aristides G Eliopoulos
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, The University of Birmingham Medical School, United Kingdom
J Virol 77:1316-28. 2003The oncogenic Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-encoded latent infection membrane protein 1 (LMP1) mimics a constitutive active tumor necrosis factor (TNF) family receptor in its ability to recruit TNF receptor-associated factors (TRAFs) and TNF ..
- Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent membrane protein 1 activates the JNK pathway through its extreme C terminus via a mechanism involving TRADD and TRAF2A G Eliopoulos
CRC Institute for Cancer Studies, The University of Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham B15 2TA, England
J Virol 73:1023-35. 1999The transforming Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) activates signalling on the NF-kappaB axis through two distinct domains in its cytoplasmic C terminus, namely, CTAR1 (amino acids [aa] 187 to 231) and CTAR2 (aa ..
- TRAF6 and the three C-terminal lysine sites on IRF7 are required for its ubiquitination-mediated activation by the tumor necrosis factor receptor family member latent membrane protein 1Shunbin Ning
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:6536-46. 2008..shown that interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7) is activated by Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1), a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) superfamily, through receptor-interacting protein-dependent ..
- LMP1 protein from the Epstein-Barr virus is a structural CD40 decoy in B lymphocytes for binding to TRAF3ShuangDing Wu
Cancer Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 280:33620-6. 2005Epstein-Barr virus is a human herpesvirus that causes infectious mononucleosis and lymphoproliferative malignancies. LMP1 (latent membrane protein-1), which is encoded by this virus and which is essential for transformation of B ..
- Selective induction of Th2-attracting chemokines CCL17 and CCL22 in human B cells by latent membrane protein 1 of Epstein-Barr virusTakashi Nakayama
Department of Microbiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
J Virol 78:1665-74. 2004..EBV infection or stable expression of LMP1 also induced CCL17 and CCL22 in a B-cell line, BJAB...
- Roles of TRAF2 and TRAF3 in Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1-induced alternative NF-kappaB activationYoon Jae Song
Department of Life Science, Kyungwon University, Kyeonggi Do, Korea
Virus Genes 41:174-80. 2010Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1)-induced NF-kappaB activation is essential for EBV-transformed B cell survival...
- An ATF/CRE element mediates both EBNA2-dependent and EBNA2-independent activation of the Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 gene promoterA Sjöblom
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Virol 72:1365-76. 1998The Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is a viral oncogene whose expression is regulated by both viral and cellular factors...
- Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 activation of NF-kappaB through IRAK1 and TRAF6Micah Luftig
Program in Virology, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Channing Laboratory Brigham and Women s Hospital, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:15595-600. 2003Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) activation of NF-kappaB is critical for Epstein-Barr virus-infected B lymphocyte survival...
- c-myc activation renders proliferation of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-transformed cells independent of EBV nuclear antigen 2 and latent membrane protein 1A Polack
Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologic und Tumorgenetik, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:10411-6. 1996..The viral genes EBV nuclear antigen 2 (EBNA2) and latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) are essential for transformation of primary human B cells by EBV in vitro; however, these genes are not expressed ..
- Activation of TRAF5 and TRAF6 signal cascades negatively regulates the latent replication origin of Epstein-Barr virus through p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseM Shirakata
Department of Tumor Virology, Division of Virology and Immunology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8510, Japan
J Virol 75:5059-68. 2001..assay, we found that a low level of expression of viral signal transduction activator latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) suppressed oriP activity...
- [Molecular pathological characteristics of human B-cell lymphomas induced by Epstein-Barr virus]Run liang Gan
Cancer Research Institute, Nanhua University, Hengyang 421001, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 35:925-9. 2003..staining was used to examine leukocyte differentiation antigens (LCA, L26, UCHL1, PS1), viral gene products (LMP1, EBNA2, BZLF1) and cellular oncoproteins (p53, C-myc, Bcl-2 and Bax)...
- Roles of TNF receptor-associated factor 3 in signaling to B lymphocytes by carboxyl-terminal activating regions 1 and 2 of the EBV-encoded oncoprotein latent membrane protein 1Ping Xie
Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Immunol 173:5546-55. 2004..of both CD40 and the EBV-encoded oncoprotein latent membrane protein (LMP)1, is required for positive signaling by LMP1 but not CD40 in B lymphocytes. The present study further investigated how TRAF3 participates in LMP1 signaling...
- IRF7 activation by Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 requires localization at activation sites and TRAF6, but not TRAF2 or TRAF3Yoon Jae Song
Department of Microbiology, Channing Laboratory Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18448-53. 2008Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent infection membrane protein 1 (LMP1), a constitutively aggregated and activated pseudoreceptor, activates IFN regulatory factor 7 (IRF7) through RIP1...
- LMP1-augmented kappa intron enhancer activity contributes to upregulation expression of Ig kappa light chain via NF-kappaB and AP-1 pathways in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsHaidan Liu
Cancer Research Institute, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Xiangya Road 110, Changsha, Hunan 410078, PR China
Mol Cancer 8:92. 2009..that expression of kappa light chain in NPC cells can be upregulated by EBV-encoded latent membrane protein 1(LMP1) through the activation of NF-kappaB and AP-1 signaling pathways, we thus use NPC cells as model to further explore ..
- Induction of receptor for advanced glycation end products by EBV latent membrane protein 1 and its correlation with angiogenesis and cervical lymph node metastasis in nasopharyngeal carcinomaAkira Tsuji
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 14:5368-75. 2008The EBV oncoprotein, latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1), contributes to the metastasis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) by inducing factors to promote tumor invasion and angiogenesis...
- Characterization of the REST/NRSF-interacting LIM domain protein (RILP): localization and interaction with REST/NRSFMasahito Shimojo
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Neurochem 96:1130-8. 2006..These results show that RILP is required for REST/NRSF nuclear targeting and function...
- Sequence variations of Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 gene in nasal NK/T-cell lymphomaMasayoshi Nagamine
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Asahikawa Medical University, Midorigaoka E2 1 1 1, Asahikawa, 078 8510, Japan
Virus Genes 34:47-54. 2007..In this study, we determined full-length of LMP1 sequence isolated from 7 patients with nasal NK/T-cell lymphoma using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method and ..
- DYC-1, a protein functionally linked to dystrophin in Caenorhabditis elegans is associated with the dense body, where it interacts with the muscle LIM domain protein ZYX-1Claire Lecroisey
Universite Lyon 1, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5534, Centre de Genetique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Batiment Mendel, Villeurbanne, F 69622, France
Mol Biol Cell 19:785-96. 2008..In yeast two-hybrid assays, DYC-1 interacts with ZYX-1, the homologue of the vertebrate focal adhesion LIM domain protein zyxin. ZYX-1 localizes at dense bodies and M-lines as well as in the nucleus of C. elegans striated muscles...
- Human CLP36, a PDZ-domain and LIM-domain protein, binds to alpha-actinin-1 and associates with actin filaments and stress fibers in activated platelets and endothelial cellsK Bauer
Institut für Prophylaxe und Epidemiologie der Kreislaufkrankheiten, Munchen, Germany
Blood 96:4236-45. 2000..The study suggests that CLP36 may direct alpha-actinin-1 to specific actin structures and at this position might modulate the function of alpha-actinin-1. (Blood. 2000;96:4236-4245)..
- The A20 deubiquitinase activity negatively regulates LMP1 activation of IRF7Shunbin Ning
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Miller School of Medicine, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Virol 84:6130-8. 2010..A20 is induced by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) oncoprotein LMP1. However, its dual ubiquitin-editing activities have not been investigated in the context of either EBV infection ..
- The Epstein-Barr virus oncogene product latent membrane protein 1 engages the tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated death domain protein to mediate B lymphocyte growth transformation and activate NF-kappaBK M Izumi
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School and Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Eighth Floor Channing Laboratories, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:12592-7. 1997The Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is essential for the transformation of B lymphocytes into lymphoblastoid cell lines...
- Generating CTLs against the subdominant Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 antigen for the adoptive immunotherapy of EBV-associated malignanciesStephen Gottschalk
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Texas Children s Cancer Center, Departments of Pediatrics, Medicine, and Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 101:1905-12. 2003The Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-encoded LMP1 protein is expressed in EBV-positive Hodgkin disease and is a potential target for cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) therapy...
- Role of NF-kappa B in cell survival and transcription of latent membrane protein 1-expressing or Epstein-Barr virus latency III-infected cellsEllen D Cahir-McFarland
The Channing Laboratory and Infectious Disease Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Virol 78:4108-19. 2004..The role of NF-kappa B in LMP1 and overall EBV latency III transcriptional effects was investigated by treating LCLs with BAY11-7082 (BAY11)...
- Involvement of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-encoded latent membrane protein (LMP)-1 in the potentiation of C epsilon mRNA expression in human tonsil-derived cellsShigeto Ohta
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:245-50. 2007..3%). LMP1 mRNA expressions were confirmed in the six patients (50%)...
- Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 induces the chemotherapeutic target, thymidine phosphorylase, via NF-kappaB and p38 MAPK pathwaysChia Chun Chen
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Chang Gung University, 259, Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kwei Shan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Cell Signal 22:1132-42. 2010..an Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)-associated cancer in which the EBV-encoded oncogene product, latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1), is expressed in approximately 60% of tumor tissues...
- Sequence polymorphisms between latent membrane proteins LMP1 and LMP2A do not correlate in EBV-associated reactive and malignant lympho-proliferationsC Berger
LINK Laboratories at the Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, USA
Int J Cancer 81:371-5. 1999The latent membrane proteins LMP1 and LMP2A are co-expressed in most malignancies associated with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)...
- Exosomes released by EBV-infected nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells convey the viral latent membrane protein 1 and the immunomodulatory protein galectin 9Cecile Keryer-Bibens
UMR 8126 CNRS Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
BMC Cancer 6:283. 2006..EBV-transformed B-cells have been reported to release exosomes carrying the EBV-encoded latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) which has T-cell inhibitory activity...
- LMP1 TRAFficking activates growth and survival pathwaysVishal Soni
Channing Laboratory and Infectious Disease Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School and University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 597:173-87. 2007Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) Latent Infection Membrane Protein 1 (LMP1) is expressed in all the EBV related malignancies. LMP1 expression is critical for transformation of human B-cells by EBV...
- Aberrant expression of cyclin a correlates with morphogenesis of reed-sternberg cells in Hodgkin lymphomaKung Chao Chang
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Am J Clin Pathol 132:50-9. 2009..We investigated whether Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent membrane protein-1 (LMP1) and cyclin A are involved in the morphogenesis of RS cells...
- The Epstein-Barr virus transforming protein LMP1 engages signaling proteins for the tumor necrosis factor receptor familyG Mosialos
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cell 80:389-99. 1995The cytoplasmic C-terminus of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent infection membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is essential for B lymphocyte growth transformation and is now shown to interact with a novel human protein (LMP1-associated protein 1 [LAP1]..
- Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 modulates distinctive NF- kappaB pathways through C-terminus-activating region 1 to regulate epidermal growth factor receptor expressionChe Pei Kung
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Virol 84:6605-14. 2010Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is required for EBV B-lymphocyte transformation, transforms rodent fibroblasts, and can induce lymphoma and epithelial hyperplasia in transgenic mice...
- Determination of a HLA II promiscuous peptide cocktail as potential vaccine against EBV latency II malignanciesStephane Depil
UMR 8527, CNRS, Institut de Biologie, Lille, France
J Immunother 30:215-26. 2007..The latency II program is limited to the expression of the nonimmunodominant antigens EBNA1, LMP1 and LMP2 and is seen in EBV-positive Hodgkin disease, nasopharyngeal carcinomas, and peripheral T/NK-cell lymphomas...
- Identification of a spliced gene from Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus encoding a protein with similarities to latent membrane proteins 1 and 2A of Epstein-Barr virusM Glenn
Molecular Virology Group, Department of Medical Microbiology and Genito Urinary Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GA, United Kingdom
J Virol 73:6953-63. 1999..lymphoma (BCBL) cell lines which are predicted to encode membrane proteins with similarities to the LMP2A and LMP1 proteins of Epstein-Barr virus...
- Ubiquitination of the Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent membrane protein 1 depends on the integrity of the TRAF binding siteSylvia Rothenberger
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Ch des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Oncogene 22:5614-8. 2003The latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) encoded by the Epstein-Barr virus functions as a constitutively activated receptor of the tumor necrosis factor receptor family...
- Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 induces micronucleus formation, represses DNA repair and enhances sensitivity to DNA-damaging agents in human epithelial cellsMing Tsan Liu
National Health Research Institutes, 3F No 109, Section 6, Min Chuan East Road, Taipei 114, Taiwan
Oncogene 23:2531-9. 2004The latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is a viral oncogene and it is essential for the transformation of resting B cells by the virus...
- The oncogenic protein kinase Tpl-2/Cot contributes to Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent infection membrane protein 1-induced NF-kappaB signaling downstream of TRAF2Aristides G Eliopoulos
The Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, The University of Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham B15 2TA, England
J Virol 76:4567-79. 2002The Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent infection membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is a pleiotropic protein, the activities of which include effects on cell transformation and phenotype, growth, and survival...
- IL-1 receptor-associated kinase 1 is critical for latent membrane protein 1-induced p65/RelA serine 536 phosphorylation and NF-kappaB activationYoon Jae Song
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2689-94. 2006Epstein-Barr virus latent infection integral membrane protein 1 (LMP1) mimics a constitutively active TNF receptor (TNFR)...
- Expression of immune-related molecules in primary EBV-positive Chinese nasopharyngeal carcinoma: associated with latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) expressionJiang Li
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Sun Yat Sen University, Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Biol Ther 6:1997-2004. 2007..its receptor CXCR4 was investigated in 56 primary NPC biopsy specimens from Chinese NPC patients in parallels with LMP1 antigen and EBER1 by immunohistochemisty (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH)...
- Latent membrane protein 1 of Epstein-Barr virus activates the hTERT promoter and enhances telomerase activity in B lymphocytesLiliana Terrin
Cancer Bioimmunotherapy Unit, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico IRCCS, National Cancer Institute, Via Franco Gallini 2, 33081 Aviano PN, Italy
J Virol 82:10175-87. 2008..unit of the telomerase complex, was associated with the expression of the viral latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1)...
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of the chicken cysteine-rich protein, a developmentally regulated LIM-domain protein that is associated with the actin cytoskeletonA W Crawford
Department of Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112
J Cell Biol 124:117-27. 1994..We have performed quantitative Western immunoblot analysis of cCRP, zyxin, and alpha-actinin levels during embryogenesis. By this approach, we have demonstrated that the expression of cCRP is developmentally regulated...
- The human RIL gene: mapping to human chromosome 5q31.1, genomic organization and alternative transcriptsA A Bashirova
Shemyakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Gene 210:239-45. 1998The ril gene encoding a LIM domain protein of an unknown function was previously identified by differential expression cloning as a candidate tumor suppressor gene in rat fibroblasts (Kiess, M., Scharm, B., Aguzzi, A., Hajnal, A...
- Matrix metalloproteinase 9 is induced by the Epstein-Barr virus BZLF1 transactivatorT Yoshizaki
Department of Otolaryngology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Japan
Clin Exp Metastasis 17:431-6. 1999..Previously we reported that Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) stimulates MMP9 expression (Yoshizaki et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 1998; 95: 3621-6)...
- Hodgkin's disease and peripheral T-cell lymphoma: composite lymphoma with evidence of Epstein-Barr virus infectionG Niedobitek
Institute for Pathology, Friedrich Alexander University, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Pathol 191:394-9. 2000..Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg (HRS) cells harboured the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and displayed a type II EBV latency (LMP1(+)/EBNA2(-)), whereas the neoplastic T-cells were EBV-negative...
- Frequency of Epstein-Barr virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in the blood of Southern Chinese blood donors and nasopharyngeal carcinoma patientsBruce M Whitney
Hong Kong Cancer Institute, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
J Med Virol 67:359-63. 2002..A total of 7 LMP2, 2 LMP1, 1 EBNA3A, and 1 EBNA3B epitopes were used in a HLA-restricted manner...
- The LIM-only protein DRAL/FHL2 interacts with and is a corepressor for the promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger proteinPatricia McLoughlin
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 277:37045-53. 2002..One of these is the p53-inducible protein DRAL/FHL2 (where DRAL is down-regulated in rhabdomyosarcoma LIM domain protein)...
- The LIM-only protein FHL2 interacts with beta-catenin and promotes differentiation of mouse myoblastsBernd Martin
Institut der Anthropologie und Humangenetik für Biologen, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, 60323 Frankfurt, Germany
J Cell Biol 159:113-22. 2002..These data imply that FHL2 is a muscle-specific repressor of LEF/TCF target genes and promotes myogenic differentiation by interacting with beta-catenin...
- The latent membrane protein 1 of Epstein-Barr virus and loss of the INK4a locus: paradoxes resolve to cooperation in carcinogenesis in vivoJennifer Macdiarmid
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, 54 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow G11 6NU, UK
Carcinogenesis 24:1209-18. 2003..The EBV oncoprotein latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is frequently expressed in NPC tumours and may play a role in the genesis of the disease...
- EBV latency III immortalization program sensitizes B cells to induction of CD95-mediated apoptosis via LMP1: role of NF-kappaB, STAT1, and p53Christophe Le Clorennec
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR CNRS 6101, Faculté de Médecine de Limoges, Universite de Limoges, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Dupuytren, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Limoges, France
Blood 107:2070-8. 2006..IkappaBalpha, active (STAT1alpha) and inactive (STAT1beta) forms of STAT1, p53, a dominant-negative mutant of LMP1, and wild-type LMP1 into a novel double-inducible episomal vector, pRT-1...
- Difference of Epstein-Barr virus isolates from Japanese patients and African Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines based on the sequence of latent membrane protein 1Kyosuke Kanai
Division of Biosignaling, Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Life Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 86 NIshi cho, Yonago, 683 8503, Japan
Virus Genes 34:55-61. 2007Sequence variations in the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) gene have been described in many EBV-isolates...
- Expression of Epstein-Barr virus in renal cell carcinomaMisuzu Shimakage
Clinical Reseach Institute, National Hospital Organization, Osaka National Hospital, Osaka 540 0006, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:41-6. 2007..Indirect immunofluorescence staining using anti-EBNA LP, anti-EBNA2, anti-LMP1 and anti-BZLF1 antibodies showed definitive fluorescence...
- Manipulation of the toll-like receptor 7 signaling pathway by Epstein-Barr virusHeather J Martin
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Bunting Blaustein Building CRB308, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
J Virol 81:9748-58. 2007..antigen to the B-cell receptor and a survival signal from ligand-bound CD40, signals that are provided by the EBV LMP1 and LMP2A latency proteins...
- Constitutive CD40 signaling in B cells selectively activates the noncanonical NF-kappaB pathway and promotes lymphomagenesisCornelia Hömig-Hölzel
Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology and Tumor Genetics, Helmholtz Center Munich, German Research Center for Environment and Health, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Exp Med 205:1317-29. 2008..B cell-specific expression of a constitutively active CD40 receptor, in the form of a latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1)/CD40 chimeric protein, promoted an increase in the number of follicular and marginal zone B cells in secondary ..
- EBV-associated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in a psoriatic treated with methotrexateShih Chuan Hsiao
Department of Hemato Oncology, St Martin de Porres Hospital, Chia Yi, Taiwan
Pathol Res Pract 205:43-9. 2009..consisted predominantly of immunoblasts and plasmablasts expressing B-cell markers, CD138, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-LMP1, and EBNA2, and these were monotypic for kappa light chain...
- Sequestration of PDLIM2 in the cytoplasm of monocytic/macrophage cells is associated with adhesion and increased nuclear activity of NF-kappaBNollaig C Healy
Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, University College, Cork, Ireland
J Leukoc Biol 85:481-90. 2009..The data suggest that sequestration of PDLIM2 at the cytoskeleton regulates its nuclear function...
- TRAF5 is a critical mediator of in vitro signals and in vivo functions of LMP1, the viral oncogenic mimic of CD40Zachary J Kraus
Graduate Program in Immunology and Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:17140-5. 2009..This study shows that TRAF5 associated strongly with the viral oncogenic CD40 mimic latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1), in contrast to weaker association with CD40, for which it has been shown to play a modest role...
- BS69 cooperates with TRAF3 in the regulation of Epstein-Barr virus-derived LMP1/CTAR1-induced NF-kappaB activationOsamu Ikeda
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
FEBS Lett 584:865-72. 2010Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) activates NF-kappaB signaling pathways through two C-terminal regions, CTAR1 and CTAR2...
- Differential B-lymphocyte regulation by CD40 and its viral mimic, latent membrane protein 1John P Graham
Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Immunology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Immunol Rev 237:226-48. 2010..The Epstein-Barr virus-encoded transforming protein latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) serves as a functional mimic of CD40 signals to B cells but lacks key regulatory controls that restrain CD40 ..
- FGF8b oncogene mediates proliferation and invasion of Epstein-Barr virus-associated nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells: implication for viral-mediated FGF8b upregulationV W Y Lui
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Sir YK Pao Center for Cancer, Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Oncogene 30:1518-30. 2011..signaling pathway known to be activated in NPC), an important EBV oncoprotein, the latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1), was found to be a direct inducer of FGF8b overexpression in NPC cells, whereas androgen (testosterone) has ..
- Viral induction and targeted inhibition of galectin-1 in EBV+ posttransplant lymphoproliferative disordersJing Ouyang
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 117:4315-22. 2011..In PTLD, the expression of EBV proteins, including latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) and LMP2A, viral immune evasion strategies, and impaired host immune surveillance foster the proliferation of EBV-..
- Upregulation of MiR-155 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma is partly driven by LMP1 and LMP2A and downregulates a negative prognostic marker JMJD1AZi Ming Du
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, and Department of Pathology, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, PR China
PLoS ONE 6:e19137. 2011..EBV encoded LMP1 and LMP2A could further enhance the expression of miR-155 in NPC CNE1 and TW03 cells...
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor associated factor 2 is a mediator of NF-kappa B activation by latent infection membrane protein 1, the Epstein-Barr virus transforming proteinK M Kaye
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:11085-90. 1996Latent infection membrane protein 1 (LMP1), the Epstein-Barr virus transforming protein, associates with tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) associated factor 1 (TRAF1) and TRAF3...
- Simultaneous detection of two independent antigens by double staining with two mouse monoclonal antibodiesN Teramoto
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Virol Methods 73:89-97. 1998..be used to demonstrate co-expression of two independent antigens in the same cells, such as PCNA and keratin in carcinoma cells in paraffin sections and for EBNA2 and LMP1 EBV proteins in immunofluorescence preparations of B95-8 cells.
- Epstein-Barr virus infection of human astrocyte cell linesA Menet
INSERM U519, 76000 Rouen, France
J Virol 73:7722-33. 1999..At later time points the pattern of mRNA expressed (EBER1, EBNA1, EBNA2, and LMP1) differs from latency type III in the absence of LMP2A transcription and in the expression of BALF2 and BcLF1 but ..
- LMP1 of Epstein-Barr virus induces proliferation of primary mouse embryonic fibroblasts and cooperatively transforms the cells with a p16-insensitive CDK4 oncogeneX Yang
Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
J Virol 74:883-91. 2000The latent membrane protein LMP1 of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is often present in EBV-associated malignancies including nasopharyngeal carcinoma and Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Mechanism of action of a novel latent membrane protein-1 dominant negativeP Brennan
Department of Medicine, Tenovus Building, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:1195-203. 2001Latent membrane protein-1 (LMP1) is a signaling molecule expressed by Epstein-Barr virus during latency. LMP1 is essential for B-cell immortalization by Epstein-Barr virus and transforms rodent fibroblasts...
- Establishment of two immortalized nasopharyngeal epithelial cell lines using SV40 large T and HPV16E6/E7 viral oncogenesSai Wah Tsao
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, New Medical Complex, 1st Floor, Laboratory Block, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1590:150-8. 2002..keratin profile and responsive to TGFbeta inhibition) but also highly responsive to one of the EBV encoded genes, LMP1. Comparative genome hybridization (CGH) analysis showed that these two cell lines contained multiple genetic ..
- Cooperation between TNF receptor-associated factors 1 and 2 in CD40 signalingPing Xie
Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Immunol 176:5388-400. 2006..somatic cells, we produced and studied signaling by CD40 and its viral oncogenic mimic, latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) in mouse B cell lines lacking TRAF1, TRAF2, or both TRAFs...
- Transformation in lymphomas--morphological, immunophenotypic and molecular featuresMonika Prochorec-Sobieszek
Department of Pathomorphology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Warszawa
Pol J Pathol 57:63-70. 2006..In five of the nine patients studied EBV-LMP1 was demonstrated by immunohistochemistry in large transformed lymphoma cells...
- [Effects of Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 mediated by nuclear factor-kappaB on transformation and tumorigenesis of rat-1 cells]Zhi Wei Zhang
Cancer Research Institute, Xiangya Medical College, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
Ai Zheng 26:118-22. 2007Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is an oncoprotein coded by EBV genome. This study was to investigate the effects of EBV LMP1 on transformation and tumorigenesis of Rat-1 cells.
- CD4(+) T-cell responses to Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent membrane protein 1 in infectious mononucleosis and EBV-associated non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Th1 in active disease but Tr1 in remissionNeil A Marshall
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Br J Haematol 139:81-9. 2007..EBV latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is expressed in latency and in many EBV-associated tumours, including non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Transcriptional repression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 by Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 enhances invasiveness of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsShu Hui Chang
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Oral Oncol 44:891-7. 2008Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) has oncogenic and metastasis-promoting activity...
- Positive association between the PDLIM5 gene and bipolar disorder in the Chinese Han populationTeng Zhao
Institute for Nutritional Science, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Psychiatry Neurosci 34:199-204. 2009..The PDZ and LIM domain 5 (PDLIM5) gene encodes a protein as an Enigma homologue LIM domain protein, which has been widely reported as being expressed in various brain regions...
- Prickle1b mediates interpretation of migratory cues during zebrafish facial branchiomotor neuron migrationOni M Mapp
Committee on Developmental Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Dev Dyn 239:1596-608. 2010..Furthermore, we show that the PET/LIM domain protein Prickle1b (Pk1b) is required for several aspects of these migratory behaviors, including cell orientation...
- [Novel adaptor protein, STAP-2 functions as a signal modulator in immune system]Yuichi Sekine
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University
Yakugaku Zasshi 130:769-75. 2010..Moreover, STAP-2 interacts with Epstein-Barr virus-derived LMP1 and modulates LMP1-mediated NF-kappaB signaling...
- Synergistic repression of estrogen receptor transcriptional activity by FHL2 and Smad4 in breast cancer cellsZhihong Xiong
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing 100850, People s Republic of China
IUBMB Life 62:669-76. 2010Four and a half LIM domain protein 2 (FHL2) has been implicated in development and progression of various types of cancers. However, little is known about the biological function of FHL2 in breast cancer...
- The importance of epigenetic alterations in the development of epstein-barr virus-related lymphomasMaria Takacs
Division of Virology, National Center for Epidemiology, H 1097 Budapest, Gyali ut 2 6, Hungary
Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis 1:e2009012. 2009..nuclear antigens EBNA1 to 6 and affect the activity of promoters for transcripts encoding transmembrane proteins (LMP1, LMP2A, LMP2B)...
- Enhanced outgrowth of EBV-transformed chronic lymphocytic leukemia B cells mediated by coculture with macrophage feeder cellsKwan Ki Hwang
Duke Human Vaccine Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Blood 119:e35-44. 2012..However, despite documentation of EBV infection by expression of EBNA2 and LMP1, B-CLL cells died after removal of macrophage feeder cells...
- Correlation of Fc-γ RIIA polymorphisms with latent Epstein-Barr virus infection and latent membrane protein 1 expression in patients with low grade B-cell lymphomasPanagiotis T Diamantopoulos
1st Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology Unit, Laikon General Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Leuk Lymphoma 54:2030-4. 2013..polymorphisms), with latent Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection and the expression of latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) in 40 patients with leukemic low grade B-cell lymphomas. R131 was found in 84...
- Exosomes derived from Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines induce proliferation, differentiation, and class-switch recombination in B cellsCindy Gutzeit
Translational Immunology Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 192:5852-62. 2014..EBV infection of B cells in vitro induces the release of exosomes that harbor the viral latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1)...
- Delineating the Tes Interaction Site in Zyxin and Studying Cellular Effects of Its DisruptionErmin Hadzic
Laboratory of Cytoskeleton and Cell Plasticity, Life Sciences Research Unit, University of Luxembourg, Luxemburg, Luxembourg
PLoS ONE 10:e0140511. 2015..The LIM domain protein zyxin localizes to focal adhesions where it participates in the regulation of the actin cytoskeleton...
- PD-L1 is upregulated by EBV-driven LMP1 through NF-κB pathway and correlates with poor prognosis in natural killer/T-cell lymphomaXi Wen Bi
Department of Hematologic Oncology, State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China Cancer Center, Collaborative Innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, People s Republic of China
J Hematol Oncol 9:109. 2016..Programmed cell death receptor 1 (PD-1) and PD ligand 1 (PD-L1) have become promising therapeutic targets for various malignancies, but their role in the pathogenesis and their interactions with EBV in NKTCL remains to be investigated...
- ID1 upregulation and FoxO3a downregulation by Epstein-Barr virus-encoded LMP1 in Hodgkin's lymphomaJun Ichiro Ikeda
Department of Pathology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Clin Oncol 5:562-566. 2016..To the best of our knowledge, no study has investigated possible associations among ID1, FoxO3a and LMP1 expression in HL to date...
- Therapeutic vaccine targeting Epstein-Barr virus latent protein, LMP1, suppresses LMP1-expressing tumor growth and metastasis in vivoMei Chun Lin
Department of Otolaryngology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Hsin Chu Branch, No 25, Lane 442, Sec 1, Jingguo Road, Hsinchu City, 300, Taiwan
BMC Cancer 17:18. 2017..nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) tumor cells harbor EBV latent infection and expresses viral antigens such as EBNA1, LMP1 and LMP2...
- A Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase, CaM kinase-Gr, expressed after transformation of primary human B lymphocytes by Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is induced by the EBV oncogene LMP1G Mosialos
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Virol 68:1697-705. 1994..CaM kinase-Gr expression was upregulated in BJAB cells by EBV latent-infection membrane protein 1 (LMP1) but not by LMP2A or by nuclear proteins EBNA1, EBNA2, EBNA3A, and EBNA3C...
- EBNA1 Functions Required in Burkitt's Lymphomas and Other Immortalized B-CellsAMBER TERESA WASHINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..and Type III latency, EBNA1 activates transcription of other viral genes required for cell proliferation, such as LMP1 and EBNA2...
- Paul M Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2016..This B-cell coactivator may account for the type II latency observed in epithelial carcinomas where LMP1 is expressed in the absence of EBNA2...
- RICHARD M LONGNECKER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Six are nuclear proteins (EBNAs) and three are the integral membrane proteins, LMP1, LMP2A, and LMP2B...
- BENJAMIN ELISON GEWURZ; Fiscal Year: 2014..The principal EBV oncogene, Latent Membrane Protein 1 (LMP1), promotes cell survival and proliferation by mimicking activated immune receptors...
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF PTLD IN TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTSOlivia M Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2012..this hypothesis, we have defined a novel pathway by which the latent cycle EBV protein, latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) induces production of human IL-10 (hIL-10) in infected B cells...
- THE ROLE OF EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUS EBNA1, LMP1 AND LMP2A PRORichard Longnecker; Fiscal Year: 2003..Six are nuclear proteins (EBNAs) and three are the integral membrane proteins, LMP1, LMP2A, and LMP2B. These nine proteins are presumed to mediate latent virus infection or B...
- SHANNON CELESTE KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2016..proposal, we will use a newly developed humanized mouse model to clarify the role(s) of two EBV latent proteins (LMP1 and LMP2A) for the establishment of lymphomas in the context of an intact viral genome, and in the presence or ..
- SHANNON CELESTE KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Specific Aim 3, we will use the EBV+ NOK system to examine the effects of LMP1 and LMP2A on epithelial cell differentiation, viral replication, and the epigenetic state of the viral and cellular ..
- Elliott D Kieff; Fiscal Year: 2016..The Latency III EBV nuclear antigens EBNA1, 2, LP, 3A, 3C, and the membrane protein LMP1 are required for EBV B-cell transformation...
- David A Thorley-Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2014..3. Study the role of the EBV encoded latent proteins LMP1 and LMP2a in tumor growth and metastasis in vivo, activation of the PI3linase/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway and ..
- Towards a Mouse Model of Classical Hodgkin's Disease and PTLDFREDERICK WAYNE ALT; Fiscal Year: 2013..HRS cells are often infected by Epstein-Barr-Virus (EBV) and express the EBV proteins LMP1 and LMP2A, partially mimicking constitutively an active CD40 co-receptor and B cell antigen receptor (BCR), ..
- Molecular regulation of the myocardin factors in vascular smooth muscleChristopher P Mack; Fiscal Year: 2010..is regulated by ubiquitin-mediated proteosomal degradation, and that the MURF family of E3 ligases and the LIM domain protein, FHL2, may regulate this pathway in SMC...
- Survival Signals in AIDS LymphomasEthel Cesarman; Fiscal Year: 2010..more common EBV-associated lymphomas, NF-kB is also a critical cellular survival signal;the EBV-encoded proteins LMP1 and LMP2A are the critical viral survival signals in some of these tumors...
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION BY THE EBV TRANSFORMING PROTEIN LMP1George Mosialos; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: The EBV latent membrane protein, LMP1, is essential for EBV-induced B lymphocyte transformation and it is expressed in nasopharyngeal carcinoma and Hodgkins Disease...
- Xiuli Yang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our recent studies involving B. burgdorferi gene products showed that the antigen Lmp1, annotated as surface-located membrane protein 1, is a virulence determinant of the Lyme disease pathogen...
- The role of cellular miRNA in Epstein-Barr virus oncogenesisJENNIFER ERIN CAMERON; Fiscal Year: 2010..The latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1), which is expressed in most EBV associated cancers, has been identified as the major oncoprotein of the virus...
- Biochemical and Genetic Studies of Latent Membrane Pro 2Richard Longnecker; Fiscal Year: 2007..Six are nuclear proteins (EBNAs) and three are the integral membrane proteins, LMP1, LMP2A, and LMP2B...
- NANCY JOAN RAAB-TRAUB; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our studies have shown that latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) is expressed in NPC and has potent effects on cellular transcription, multiple cell signaling pathways, cell ..
- Mechanisms of Alteration of B Lymphocyte Function by LMP1Gail A Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The EBV-encoded viral mimic of CD40, latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) strikingly mimics CD40 signals to B cells, but does so in an amplified and sustained manner...
- The Induction of Interferon Regulatory Factor 7 Sumoylation by EBV LMP1Gretchen L Bentz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have reported that LMP1 induces the expression of interferon regulatory factor (IRF)-7, a transcription factor that is a key regulator of ..
- A microbial antigen as a molecular trigger of Lyme borreliosisXiuli Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): We propose to determine whether and how one of the Borrelia burgdorferi surface exposed proteins, Lmp1, functions as a molecular trigger for the induction of host inflammatory responses...
- HUMAN B CELL DIFFERENTIATION IN A MODEL SYSTEMLORI COVEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Also, in the presence of LMP1 there is normal proliferation but a higher level of apoptosis suggesting that LMP1 is not capable of completely ..
- Carlos O Esquivel; Fiscal Year: 2016..this hypothesis we propose the following specific aims: Aim 1: Assess gain of function mutations in the EBV protein LMP1 as a biomarker for PTLD risk...
- Elliott D Kieff; Fiscal Year: 2016..Both NFkB pathways are necessary for infected cell growth and survival. To discover key components of LMP1 affected NFkB pathways, our AIMS are to: (1) Characterize key B-cell proteins required for LMP1 TES2 canonical NFkB ..
- ALEXANDER MATTHEW PRICE; Fiscal Year: 2015..Epstein-Barr virus has long been known to induce NFkB signaling through its latency associated membrane protein, LMP1. Recently our lab has challenged the dogma that NFkB signaling is constitutive at all times throughout infection by ..
- LMP-1 is a critical regulator of BMP signaling and BMP responsivenessScott D Boden; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): PROJECT SUMMARY: LMP-1 is an intracellular LIM domain protein identified in our laboratory which has demonstrated an ability to dramatically increase cellular responsiveness to BMP-2 in vitro...
- The Function of EBV LMP1 CTAR3 in Sumoylation and OncogenesisGretchen L Bentz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Latent membrane protein-1 (LMP1), the principal viral oncoprotein, is a constitutively active membrane signaling protein that regulates multiple ..
- Role of TRAF1 in signaling by TNFR2 family membersErdyni Tsitsikov; Fiscal Year: 2007..TRAF1 also binds to latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). To elucidate the function of TRAF 1 we have generated TRAF 1-deficient mice...
- KINASE FUNCTION DURING C ELEGANS MUSCLE DEVELOPMENTBenjamin Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..Deletion of ankyrin repeats will test their hypothetical function in recruiting the recently discovered LIM domain protein UNC-97/PINCH to nascent attachments. 7...
- Regulation of the Tp12 KinasePhilip Tsichlis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, Tpl2 contributes to the transduction of oncogenic signals induced by LMP1 and MyrAkt1...
- INTRACELLULAR MECHANISMS OF GLUCOCORTICOID ACTIONDonald Defranco; Fiscal Year: 2005..g. paxillin) has been detected in metastatic prostate cancer. Thus the mechanistic analysis of LIM domain protein involvement in steroid receptor subnuclear trafficking and transactivation proposed in this application ..
- EBV Associated Head and Neck CancersErle Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2005..In these infected B-lymphocytes, EBV expresses a repertoire of latent genes. EBNA2, EBNA3A and 3C and LMP1 are essential for B lymphocyte transformation...
- Screening of Epstein Barr Virus Replication (RMI)Elliott Kieff; Fiscal Year: 2004..Latency Ill, EBV expresses 6 EB Nuclear antigens (EBNAs) and two integral membrane proteins (LMP1 and 2) and causes lymphocyte proliferation, which is indistinguishable from PTLD...
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF PTLD IN TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTSOLIVIA MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..The contribution of the EBV latent genes LMP1 and EBNA2 to resistance to apoptosis will also be determined...
- Development of Assays to Detect EBV in Breast CancersMargaret Gulley; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Specific Aims are to: 1) develop a quantitative real-time PCR assay targeting the EBV LMP1 gene by designing TaqMan probe and primers, with attention to optimizing assay sensitivity, specificity, and ..
- Changes in EBV infection in Systemic Lupus ErythematosusAndrew Gross; Fiscal Year: 2007..Second, a latency gene of the virus, LMP1, is atypically expressed in the blood of these patients...
- Nematode UNC-98 functions in focal adhensions and nucleiGUY BENIAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..UNC-98 interacts with UNC-97 (PINCH in mammals), a LIM domain protein required for muscle focal adhesion assembly...
- Anti-inflammatory actions of the natural plant product, HonokiolGAIL BISHOP; Fiscal Year: 2009..an immune receptor that has been implicated as playing a role in RA, as well as an EBV-encoded CD40 mimic called LMP1, that has been implicated in exacerbating autoimmune disease...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Mesangial SclerosisChristine Abrass; Fiscal Year: 2009..that are recruited to the complex;and finally, we will evaluate the role of transcriptional co-activators, LIM domain protein FHL2 and IGFBP-5, in the complex...
- EBV LMP1 AND TH SUBSET DEFICITS AND EBV (+)HIV/NHDavid Leibowitz; Fiscal Year: 1999..objectives of this study are (1) to understand the role of the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) in stimulating the development of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in patients who are infected with the human ..
- HUMAN B CELL DIFFERENTIATION IN A MODEL SYSTEMLORI COVEY; Fiscal Year: 2001..Furthermore, LMP1 usurps the CD4O signaling pathway in order to maintain cell transformation...
- Expression and Function of EPLINDavid Chang; Fiscal Year: 2002..It encodes a novel LIM domain protein that co-localizes with the cytoskeletal structures...
- Cellular Functions of the Human FilaminsMasumi Eto; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Study of novel REST/NRSF-Interacting LIM domain ProteinMasahito Shimojo; Fiscal Year: 2005..This protein was named the REST/NRSF-Interacting LIM domain Protein (RILP)...
- 2001 International C. elegans MeetingPaul Sternberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..Previous C. elegans meetings have led to the exchange of knowledge, ideas, methods, mutants, and clones, and have been vital in fostering the sense of excitement, collegiality and cooperativity that characterize this field. ..
- AIDS ASSOCIATED LEUKOPLAKIA--ROLE OF EBVNancy Raab Traub; Fiscal Year: 2004..that there are at least seven different strains of EBV that can be distinguished by sequence changes within LMP1. We have also shown that HLP has a distinct pattern of viral expression with concurrent expression of viral genes ..
- Therapeutic Vaccine for EBV-associated Hodgkins DiseaseRajiv Khanna; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term aim of this project is to develop a rational basis for the delivery of a curative EBV-specific CTL immunity to not only in HIV patients with HD patients but also for non-HIV HD. ..
- Role of Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 in lymphomaKENNETH IZUMI; Fiscal Year: 2009The main objective is to clarify the mechanism by which latent infection membrane 1 (LMP1) transduces signals that transform B-cell growth because this will provide insight into targets for development of inhibitors for treating Epstein-..
- Identification of compounds that protect HERG from block by proarrhythmic agentsSabina Kupershmidt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer Simulation of Epstein Barr Virus InfectionDavid Thorley Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. cure) of the virus is realistic or even possible. ..
- Epstein-Barr Virus: Activation of WNTNancy Raab Traub; Fiscal Year: 2008..2) Identify the effects of LMP 1 on expression and localization of components of writ/wingless using protein and gene array analyses...
- Defective trafficking Mechanisms in a Cardiac K+ ChannelSabina Kupershmidt; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will develop novel therapeutic strategies designed to correct intracellular processing steps of HERG and possibly other plasma membrane proteins that suffer from defects caused by the same mechanism. ..
- LSRII Four Laser Analytical Flow CytometerDavid Thorley Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This renders the acquisition of a new LSR II essential, if we are to meet the flow cytometry needs, both in time and available technology, for the community of NIH funded researchers at TUSM and T-NEMC. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor-Associated Herpesviruses ConferenceNancy Raab Traub; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recognize and encourage young investigators and 3. Highlight new developments in the field and identify areas for future investigation. ..