Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDLIM3
Description: PDZ and LIM domain 3
Alias: ALP, PDZ and LIM domain protein 3, alpha-actinin-2-associated LIM protein, enigma homolog
Publications276 found, 100 shown here
- Alternative splicing of PDLIM3/ALP, for α-actinin-associated LIM protein 3, is aberrant in persons with myotonic dystrophyNatsumi Ohsawa
Department of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Komaba, Meguro ku, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:64-9. 2011..In this study, we identify two abnormal splicing events for actinin-associated LIM protein 3 (PDLIM3/ALP) and fibronectin 1 (FN1) in the skeletal muscles of DM1 patients...
- Serum transferrin as a marker of bone growth in boys: correlation with serum alkaline phosphatase activity, plasma insulin-like growth factor 1 and rate of growth in heightM Misaki
Student Health Center, Mie University, Tsu, Japan
Horm Metab Res 23:230-2. 1991..The aim of this work was to study possible relationships between serum TF, alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP), plasma insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) levels and rate of height increase in boys...
- Effect of aminohydroxypropylidene diphosphonate on the bone metabolism of patients with parathyroid adenomaE Ishimura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka City University Medical School, Japan
Horm Metab Res 25:493-7. 1993..Serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osteocalcin, markers of osteoblast activity, decreased after APD administration...
- Dose-dependent renal tubular toxicity of harman and norharman in male F344 ratsA Hagiwara
First Department of Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 20:197-204. 1992..levels were increased, and the brush border enzymes (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, GGT, and alkaline phosphatase, ALP) decreased...
- Raised plasma concentrations of parathyroid hormone related peptide in hypercalcemic multiple myelomaT Horiuchi
Section of Endocrinology, Tokyo Metropolitan Geriatric Hospital, Japan
Horm Metab Res 29:469-71. 1997..We also measured serum levels of inorganic phosphorus (iP) and alkalinephosphatase activity (ALP). No significant differences in iP (3.2 +/- 0.4 vs. 4.0 +/- 2.2 mg/dl), ALP (150 +/- 28 vs...
- Association between parathyroid hormone (PTH)/PTH-related peptide receptor gene polymorphism and the extent of bone mass reduction in primary hyperparathyroidismM Kanzawa
Department of Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 32:355-8. 2000..before and one year after parathyroidectomy, as well as serum levels of calcium, phosphorus, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and intact PTH were measured...
- The usefulness of biochemical bone markers in predicting the response of hormone replacement therapy in perimenopausal cigarette smoking healthy womenM Cubrilo-Turek
Clinics for Internal Medicine, General Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 23:195-201. 1999..in hormone replacement users (N = 35) and non-users (N = 28): serum total calcium (Ca), total alkaline phosphatase (ALP), procollagen I C-terminal propeptide (PICP), cros-linked carboxyterminal collagen I telopeptide (ICTP) and ..
- Reduced expression of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 in bone marrow cells in mice after skeletal unloadingMiyuki Sakuma-Zenke
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Iseigaoka, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 20:1002-10. 2005..Anti-PECAM-1 antibody suppressed both ALP+ CFU-f formation and ALP production under co-culture of the osteoblastic cell line and the PECAM-1+ endothelial ..
- [A case of AIDS complicated with liver tuberculosis]I Kawashima
Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Municipal Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:984-8. 2000..historicica, serum levels of gamma-GTP and ALP remained high and hepatosplenomegaly gradually increased. A liver biopsy was performed...
- Clinical significance of serum total and heat-stable alkaline phosphatase in leukemia patientsP S Patel
Division of Research, Gujarat Cancer Society, New Civil Hospital Compound, Ahmedabad, India
Tumori 79:352-6. 1993AIMS AND BACKGROUND: Variations in serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and placental-like (heat stable) alkaline phosphatase (PLAP) are found to be clinically useful in cancer patients...
- Alkaline phosphatase activity in gingival crevicular fluid during human orthodontic tooth movementGiuseppe Perinetti
Department of Orthodontics, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 122:548-56. 2002..We used a longitudinal design to investigate alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) to assess whether it can serve as a diagnostic aid in orthodontics...
- A prospective study of bone loss and turnover after cardiac transplantation: effect of calcium supplementation with or without calcitoninM J Valimaki
Department of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Osteoporos Int 10:128-36. 1999..Markers of bone formation [serum bone-specific alkaline phosphatase (B-ALP), type I procollagen carboxyterminal propeptide (PICP) and aminoterminal propeptide (PINP)] and resorption [serum ..
- Biochemical parameters as prognostic factors in prostatic adenocarcinomaS Vesalainen
Department of Surgery, University of Kuopio, Finland
Acta Oncol 34:53-9. 1995The serum levels of creatinine (CR), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), acid phosphatase (ACP) and tartrate inhibitable acid phosphatase (TIAP) were related to Gleason score, TM-category, disease progression and survival in 325 prostatic ..
- Sclerostin and the regulation of bone formation: Effects in hip osteoarthritis and femoral neck fractureJon Power
Bone Research Division, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Bone Miner Res 25:1867-76. 2010..5 mm in diameter) with at least one canal staining for alkaline phosphatase (ALP), a marker of bone formation...
- Hyperglycemia in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning as a potential prognostic factorO Mehrpour
Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Hum Exp Toxicol 27:591-5. 2008Aluminum phosphide (AlP) is a solid fumigant widely used in Iran as a grain preservative...
- [Effect of preoperative biliary drainage on liver function changes in patients with malignant obstructive jaundice in the low bile duct before and after pancreaticoduodenectomy]Dong Chen
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Ai Zheng 27:78-82. 2008..This study was to investigate the perioperative liver function changes and prognosis of the patients...
- Effects of retinoic acid on N-glycosylation and mRNA stability of the liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase in neuronal cellsW H Mueller
Zentrum Biochemie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Cell Physiol 182:50-61. 2000Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is a glycoenzyme that is highly expressed during carcinogenesis and is induced by retinoic acid (RA) in various cells...
- Role of alkaline phosphatase from Manduca sexta in the mechanism of action of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ab toxinIvan Arenas
Departamento de Microbiologia Molecular, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62250, Mexico
J Biol Chem 285:12497-503. 2010..Two Manduca sexta glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins, aminopeptidase (APN) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP), have been shown to bind Cry1Ab, although their role in toxicity remains to be determined...
- Nuclear plasticity and timing mechanisms of the initiation of alkaline phosphatase expression in cytoplasm-transferred blastomeres of ascidiansK Kobayashi
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama, 226 8501, Japan
Dev Biol 234:510-20. 2001..We investigated three aspects of the expression of endoderm-specific alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity...
- Mapping quantitative trait loci that influence blood levels of alkaline phosphatase in MRL/MpJ and SJL/J miceA K Srivastava
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, JLP VA Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA, 92357, USA
Bone 35:1086-94. 2004To examine the hypothesis that serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels have a heritable component, we analyzed blood from two inbred strains of mice, MRL/MpJ and SJL, which exhibit 90% difference in total serum ALP activity (268+/-26 vs...
- Effect of glucocorticoid treatment on biochemical and hormonal blood parameters in early pregnant giltsA Madej
Department of Animal Physiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 38:263-73. 1997..for analysis of aspartate aminotransferase (S-ASAT), alanine aminotransferase (S-ALAT), alkaline phosphatase (S-ALP), S-cholesterol, S-triglycerides, S-fructosamine, S-urea, S-total protein, and for electrophoretic fractionation of ..
- Longitudinal monitoring of subgingival colonization by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, and crevicular alkaline phosphatase and aspartate aminotransferase activities around orthodontically treated teethGiuseppe Perinetti
Unit of Orthodontics, Department of Oral Sciences, School of Dentistry, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 31:60-7. 2004..design to examine subgingival colonization of Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans (Aa) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) activities in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) in order to assess whether ..
- Temporal pattern of stimulation of osteoblast-associated genes during mechanically-induced osteogenesis in vivo: early responses of osteocalcin and type I collagenD Pavlin
Department of Orthodontics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78284 7910, USA
Connect Tissue Res 42:135-48. 2001..Temporal pattern of regulation of osteocalcin (OC), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and type I collagen (collagen I) was determined during mechanically-induced osteoblast differentiation in vivo, ..
- Risk factors affecting metaphyseal irregularities in the radius and ulna of growing Newfoundland dogsC Trangerud
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, PO Box 8146 Dep, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
J Anim Sci 85:2437-44. 2007..effects of litters, BW, circumferences of the distal radius and ulna (CDRU), and total serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) concentrations. The study included 118 Newfoundland dogs (60 females, 58 males), derived from 32 litters...
- Comparison of two newly identified tumor markers (CAR-3 and DU-PAN-2) with CA 19-9 in patients with pancreatic cancerC Ferrara
Istituto di Medicina Interna,
Tumori 77:56-60. 1991..Correlations were found between the behavior of all three markers and that of the cholestasis indices (ALP and GGT)...
- Osteoporotic cytokines and bone metabolism on rats with induced hyperthyroidism; changes as a result of reversal to euthyroidismGonul Simsek
Istanbul University, Turkey
Chin J Physiol 46:181-6. 2003..and serum IL-1beta, IL-6, TNFalpha, Calcium (Ca), phosphorous (P), parathyroid hormone (PTH), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), bone alkaline phosphatase (B-ALP) levels were measured and differential leucocyte counts were made initially, at ..
- Monoclonal antibodies against tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase. Report of the ISOBM TD9 workshopP Magnusson
Bone and Mineral Metabolic Unit, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Tumour Biol 23:228-48. 2002..The evaluation included the following antigen forms: (a) commercially available preparations of human bone ALP (BALP) and liver ALP (LALP); (b) human BALP isoforms, B/I, B1 and B2; and (c) soluble secreted epitope-tagged ..
- Hepatic osteodystrophy and liver cirrhosisVedat Goral
Department of Gastroenterology, Dicle University School of Medicine, 21280 Diyarbakir, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 16:1639-43. 2010..To investigate the correlation between hepatic osteodystrophy and osteoporosis in patients with liver cirrhosis...
- Changes in the structure and function of the kidney of rats chronically exposed to cadmium. I. Biochemical and histopathological studiesMałgorzata M Brzóska
Department of Toxicology, Medical University of Białystok, Mickiewicza 2c str, 15 222, Białystok, Poland
Arch Toxicol 77:344-52. 2003..as urinary total N-acetyl-beta- d-glucosaminidase (NAG-T) and its isoenzyme B (NAG-B), and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) were used...
- Genotype-by-sex and environment-by-sex interactions influence variation in serum levels of bone-specific alkaline phosphatase in adult baboons (Papio hamadryas)L M Havill
Department of Genetics, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX 78245 0549, USA
Bone 35:198-203. 2004..we conducted a statistical genetic analysis of serum concentrations of bone-specific alkaline phosphatase (Bone ALP), a highly specific marker of osteoblast function that is elevated in persons with conditions like osteoporosis ..
- Role of ascorbic acid in periodontal ligament cell differentiationSatoshi Ishikawa
Section of Periodontology, Dept of Hard Tissue Engineering, Graduate School, Center of Excellence Program for Frontier Research on Molecular Destruction and Reconstruction of Tooth and Bone, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Periodontol 75:709-16. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the role of ascorbic acid on the early osteoblastic differentiation of PDL cells, with regard to alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity, type I collagen production and integrin expression.
- Risk factors for abnormal liver function tests in patients with ileal pouch-anal anastomosis for underlying inflammatory bowel diseaseUdayakumar Navaneethan
The Pouchitis Clinic, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:2467-75. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prevalence and to identify risk factors for abnormal LFTs in patients with IPAA and underlying IBD...
- Circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-4 (IGFBP-4) is not regulated by parathyroid hormone and vitamin D in vivo: evidence from children with ricketsAbdullah Bereket
Marmara University Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 2:17-20. 2010..25-hydroxy(OH)vitamin D, IGF-I, IGF-II and transforming growth factor (TGF)-b are the major regulators of IGFBP-4 production in vitro. However, little is known about the in vivo regulation of circulating IGFBP-4 in humans...
- Adult hypophosphatasia treated with teriparatideMichael P Whyte
Center for Metabolic Bone Disease and Molecular Research, Shriners Hospitals for Children, and Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MI 63131 3597, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1203-8. 2007Hypophosphatasia (HPP) features low serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity (hypophosphatasemia) due to loss-of-function mutation within TNSALP, the gene that encodes "tissue-nonspecific" ALP (TNSALP)...
- Alterations of blood analyses at relapse of osteosarcoma and Ewing's sarcomaE Hannisdal
Department of Oncology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Acta Oncol 29:585-7. 1990..and thrombocyte counts, gamma glutamyltransferase (GT), lactate dehydrogenase (LD) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP). Sixteen relapsing patients diagnosed from 1970 to 1987 were eligible in each sarcoma group...
- [Comparison of whole bone marrow culture method and density gradient centrifugation method of isolating hBMSCs]Qian Huang
Lnstitute of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang Guangdong 524023, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:1360-4. 2009..To make a comparative study on the effects of whole bone marrow culture method and density gradient centrifugation method in isolating hBMSCs...
- The effect of olpadronate in ovariectomized thyroxine-treated ratsS Zeni
Seccion Osteopatias Medicas, Hospital de Clinicas, Jose de San Martin, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bone 21:329-33. 1997..of the study, blood samples were analyzed for serum calcium, phosphorus, T4, total and bone alkaline phosphatase (ALP and b-ALP), and urinary samples for hydroxyproline/creatinine ratio (HOProl/creat)...
- The effect of different buffers and amounts of intestinal alkaline phosphatase isoforms on total alkaline phosphatase activityMakoto Matsushita
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Saitama Prefectural University Junior College, 820 Sannomiya, Koshigaya 343 8540, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 319:49-55. 2002..DEA and 2-ethylaminoethanol, EAE) have been widely used for the measurement of serum total alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP) in clinical laboratories, and the individual isozyme are activated differently by respective buffers.
- Molecular characterization of a PDZ-LIM protein in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): a fish ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM-protein (ALP)Øivind Andersen
Institute of Aquaculture Research, P O Box 5010, N 1432 Aas, Norway
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 25:61-8. 2004..A full-length cDNA encoding the ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP) was isolated from white skeletal muscle of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar)...
- [Interventional effect of platelet lysate on osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs in rats]Huiping Song
Shanxi Provincial Tissue Bank, Taiyuan Shanxi, 030006, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:737-41. 2008..To explore the interventional effect of platelet lysate (PL) on osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs by induction in rats in vitro...
- Early predisposition to osteomalacia in Indian adults on phenytoin or valproate monotherapy and effective prophylaxis by simultaneous supplementation with calcium and 25-hydroxy vitamin D at recommended daily allowance dosage: a prospective studyGeetha Krishnamoorthy
Department of Biochemistry, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital, Sion, Mumbai 400 022, India
Neurol India 58:213-9. 2010Long-term therapy with antiepileptic drugs (AED) may be associated with increased total serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels and reduced serum calcium, inorganic phosphorous, and vitamin D levels...
- Isoenzyme studies on Toxoplasma gondii isolates using isoelectric focusingG Barnert
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 268:476-81. 1988..of the following 14 enzymes in the cell lysates was investigated: IDH, MDH, ME, 6PG, G6P, LDH, IPO, HEX, PGM, EST, ALP, ACP, LAP, and PGI...
- Expression of the germ cell alkaline phosphatase gene in human choriocarcinoma cellsS Watanabe
Human Genetics Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 264:12611-9. 1989Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) in human choriocarcinoma cells (malignant trophoblasts) was characterized by its greater sensitivity to EDTA and L-leucine inhibition as compared with the placental isozyme...
- Immunochemical characterization of alkaline phosphatase from the fluid of sterile and fertile Echinococcus granulosus cystsAli Vatankhah
Parasitology Department, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Pasteur Square, 13164, Tehran, Iran
Parasitol Res 90:372-6. 2003Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) from hydatid cyst fluid (HCF) was purified and characterized for comparison between fertile and sterile HCF. Samples were obtained from slaughtered sheep and then sterile and fertile cysts were separated...
- Comparative inhibition of human alkaline phosphatase and diamine oxidase by bromo-levamisole, cimetidine and various derivativesT Metaye
Department of Biochemistry, U E R of Medecine Pharmacy, Poitiers, France
Biochem Pharmacol 37:4263-8. 1988..are examined in vitro in order to investigate their comparative inhibition, towards alkaline phosphatase (ALP) from human liver and diamine-oxidase (DAO) from human placenta...
- Bone marrow adipocytes: a neglected target tissue for growth hormoneEvelien F Gevers
Division of Molecular Neuroendocrinology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 143:4065-73. 2002..005) lower in dw/dw rats, though alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity in individual osteoblasts was unchanged...
- Porous tantalum trabecular metal scaffolds in combination with a novel marrow processing technique to replace autograftXuenong Zou
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Aarhus University Hospital, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Adv Exp Med Biol 585:197-208. 2006....
- Automated and semiautomated analysis of rat alkaline phosphatase isoenzymesW E Hoffmann
University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana 61801, USA
Toxicol Pathol 22:633-8. 1994A semiautomated quantitative assay for rat serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) isoenzyme determination was developed, incorporating selective precipitation of bone alkaline phosphatase (BALP) with wheat germ lectin and differential ..
- Prenatal exposure to diazepam and alprazolam, but not to zolpidem, affects behavioural stress reactivity in handling-naïve and handling-habituated adult male rat progenyCarla Cannizzaro
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Palermo University, V Vespro 129, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Brain Res 953:170-80. 2002..study investigated the consequences of a late prenatal treatment with three GABA/BDZ R agonists (DZ) alprazolam (ALP) and zolpidem (ZOLP)), on different stress-related behavioural patterns, in non-handled (NH), short-lasting handled ..
- Influence of lighting conditions on daily rhythm of bone metabolism in rats and possible involvement of melatonin and other hormones in this processZ Ostrowska
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, The Medical University of Silesia, Zabrze, Poland
Endocr Regul 37:163-74. 2003..of biochemical markers of bone and mineral metabolism such as the activity of serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP), the concentration of carboxyterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PICP), cross-linked carboxyterminal ..
- [Experimental study of the effect of new bone formation on new type artificial bone composed of bioactive ceramics]Minghua Zhu
Sichuan Diseases Control and Prevention, Chengdu Sichuan 610041, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 19:174-7. 2005..To investigate the osteogenic potential of four kinds of new bioactive ceramics combined with bovine bone morphogenetic proteins (BMP) and to explore the feasibility of using compounds as bone substitute material...
- Preoperative localization of parathyroid adenomas with technetium-99m methoxyisobutylisonitrile imaging: relationship with P-glycoprotein expression, oxyphilic cell content, and tumoral tissue volumeBulent Turgut
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:579-90. 2006....
- Novel mouse model of autosomal semidominant adult hypophosphatasia has a splice site mutation in the tissue nonspecific alkaline phosphatase gene Akp2Tertius A Hough
Mammalian Genetics Unit, Mary Lyon Centre, Medical Research Council, Harwell, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
J Bone Miner Res 22:1397-407. 2007..Here we report on mice with an induced mutation in Akp2 that affects splicing. The phenotype of homozygotes mirror aspects of the adult form of HPP...
- Novel loci regulating bone anabolic response to loading: expression QTL analysis in C57BL/6JXC3H/HeJ mice crossChandrasekhar Kesavan
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis VA Medical Center, 11201 Benton Street, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Bone 41:223-30. 2007..We then measured the expression changes of bone marker genes, bone sialoprotein (BSP), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and housekeeping genes, beta-actin and peptidylprolyl isomerase A (PPIA), by using real-time PCR in both the ..
- Gingival crevicular fluid alkaline phosphatase activity reflects periodontal healing/recurrent inflammation phases in chronic periodontitis patientsGiuseppe Perinetti
Department of Oral Sciences, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 79:1200-7. 2008..One of these host enzymes is alkaline phosphatase (ALP), the GCF activity of which has been associated with periodontal inflammation...
- [Effect of various concentrations of platelet-rich plasma on osteogenic differentiation of skeletal muscle-derived stem cells]Liancheng Shan
Department of Orthopaedics, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200233, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:991-6. 2009..To investigate the effect of various concentration of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) on osteogenic differentiation of rabbit skeletal muscle-derived stem cells (SMSCs) cultured in vitro...
- Effects of cortical bone perforation on experimental guided bone regenerationIchiro Nishimura
Division of Oral Pathology, Graduate School of Dentistry, Tohuku University, Sendai, Japan
Clin Oral Implants Res 15:293-300. 2004..Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) was expressed on the bone surrounding the perforation...
- Functional analysis of the single nucleotide polymorphism (787T>C) in the tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase gene associated with BMDMasae Goseki-Sone
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, Tokyo, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 20:773-82. 2005..Furthermore, the effects of amino acid substitution on the catalytic property of the protein translated from the 787T>C gene were examined...
- Effect of smoking and CYP2D6 polymorphisms on the extent of fluvoxamine-alprazolam interaction in patients with psychosomatic diseaseHideyo Sugahara
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:699-704. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the factors responsible for interindividual variability in the extent of interaction between FVX and alprazolam (ALP).
- Up-regulation of alkaline phosphatase expression in human primary osteoblasts by cocultivation with primary endothelial cells is mediated by p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent mRNA stabilizationSven Hager
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, University of Freiburg Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Tissue Eng Part A 15:3437-47. 2009..ECs and human primary osteoblasts (hOBs) leads to a cell contact-dependent up-regulation of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) expression in osteoblasts, indicating that cocultivated ECs may support osteogenic differentiation and ..
- Amino acid phosphatase activity of alkaline phosphatase. A possible role of protein phosphataseT Shinozaki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Eur J Biochem 227:367-71. 1995Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) hydrolyzed phosvitin and amino acid phosphates demonstrating nonisotropy at different pH...
- Calciuria in children with juvenile chronic arthritisD Nemcova
Department of Pediatrics, First Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 40:43-5. 1994..12 patients with confirmed diagnosis of JCA basic biochemical indices of bone metabolism, were performed (S-Ca, P, ALP, U-Ca/U-creatinine, U-P)...
- Characterization of titanium surfaces with calcium and phosphate and osteoblast adhesionB Feng
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, PR China
Biomaterials 25:3421-8. 2004..The cell count and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) specific activity assay were used for biochemical analyses...
- Biochemical response to ursodeoxycholic acid and long-term prognosis in primary biliary cirrhosisChristophe Corpechot
Hepatology Department, Reference Center for Inflammatory Biliary Diseases, Saint Antoine Hospital, National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris 6, France
Hepatology 48:871-7. 2008..It has been recently proposed that an alkaline phosphatase (ALP) decline of more than 40% in baseline value or a normal level after 1 year of UDCA treatment (Barcelona criteria) ..
- Changes in alkaline phosphatase levels in patients with prostate cancer receiving degarelix or leuprolide: results from a 12-month, comparative, phase III studyFritz H Schroder
Department of Urology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 106:182-7. 2010..5 mg in the control of total serum alkaline phosphatase (S-ALP) levels in patients with prostate cancer...
- Bone and mineral metabolism in transient hyperphosphatasaemiaS Kutilek
Department of Pediatrics, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 40:47-51. 1994Transient hyperphosphatasaemia (TH) is a benign disorder characterized by transient elevation of S-ALP activity not exceeding duration of 4 months in children under 5 years of age, with elevated activity of bone isoenzymes of ALP with no ..
- Alkaline phosphatase in rheumatoid arthritis patients: possible contribution of bone-type ALP to the raised activities of ALP in rheumatoid arthritis patientsYuki Nanke
Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 10 22 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 0054, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 21:198-202. 2002Raised serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) has been reported, although its aetiology is not clear. In this paper we investigate whether synovial tissue is a possible source of raised ALP activity in RA...
- Characterization of mineral deposits formed in cultures of a hamster tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) double-positive cell line (CCP)Hisako Sakiyama
Division of Oncology and Biology, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage ku Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 309:269-79. 2002We have established tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) double-positive cell lines (CCP-2, CCP-7, CCP-8) from hamster bone marrow...
- Synergistic effect of fibroblast growth factor-4 in ectopic bone formation induced by bone morphogenetic protein-2K Kubota
Department of Periodontology, Hard Tissue Engineering, Tokyo Dental and Medical University, Japan
Bone 31:465-71. 2002..FGFR-1 and FGFR-2) were expressed in mesenchymal cells and chondrocytes, and in the area of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) expression...
- Membrane targeted anticancer drugs: potent inducers of apoptosis and putative radiosensitisersV Jendrossek
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Tuebingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Curr Med Chem Anticancer Agents 3:343-53. 2003..Two classes of synthetic phospholipid analogues: the alkyllysophospholipids (ALP) with the prototypical 1-O-Octadecyl-2-O-methyl-rac-glycero-3-phosphocholine (Et-18-OCH3, Edelfosine), as well as ..
- Effects of therapeutic and toxic doses of levamisole on thyroid hormones and some biochemical parameters in sheepAhmet Atessahin
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 22:281-6. 2004..On the other hand, free T3 and free T4 levels were not changed in either group. While serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activities were decreased, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), lactate dehydrogenase ..
- Developmental changes in morphometry of the small intestine and jejunal sucrase activity during the first nine weeks of postnatal growth in pigsO Adeola
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2054, USA
J Anim Sci 84:112-8. 2006..Sucrase and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activities of the jejunal brush-border membrane, prepared by differential centrifugation and Mg2+ precipitation, ..
- Aluminium phosphide poisoningR G Bogle
Department of Cardiology, Ealing Hospital NHS Trust, Middlesex UB1 3HW, United Kingdom
Emerg Med J 23:e3. 2006We describe a lethal poisoning in a healthy woman caused by deliberate ingestion of aluminium phosphide (AlP), a pesticide used to kill rodents and insects...
- Low serum alkaline phosphatase activity and pathologic fracture: case report and brief review of hypophosphatasia diagnosed in adulthoodHasnain M Khandwala
Division of Endocrinology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Endocr Pract 12:676-81. 2006To describe an elderly patient with low serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity detected after a pathologic fracture and to characterize hypophosphatasia in adult patients.
- Evaluation of subchronic chlorpyrifos poisoning on hematological and serum biochemical changes in mice and protective effect of vitamin CSuleiman Ambali
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria
J Toxicol Sci 32:111-20. 2007..Cl-), urea, creatinine, alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), and alkaline phosphatase (ALP)...
- Simvastatin antagonizes tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibition of bone morphogenetic proteins-2-induced osteoblast differentiation by regulating Smad signaling and Ras/Rho-mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayMisuzu Yamashita
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama City 700 8558, Japan
J Endocrinol 196:601-13. 2008..cells suppressed the BMP-2-induced expression of key osteoblastic markers including Runx2 and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity...
- Heparin inhibits BMP-2 osteogenic bioactivity by binding to both BMP-2 and BMP receptorShin Kanzaki
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kyushu Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Cell Physiol 216:844-50. 2008..Our results showed that heparin inhibited alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity and mineralization in osteoblastic cells cultured with BMP-2...
- Evaluation of some pharmacological activities of ethanol extracts of seeds, pericarp and leaves of Eugenia Jamolana in ratsS M A El-Shenawy
Dep of Pharmacology, National Research Centre, Tahrir St, Dokki, Egypt
Inflammopharmacology 17:85-92. 2009..All tested extracts showed significant reduction in elevated serum ALT, AST and ALP levels as compared with CCl4 treated group. The ethanol extract of E...
- Prognostic grouping of metastatic prostate cancer using conventional pretreatment prognostic factorsArto Mikkola
Department of Urology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Urol Nephrol 43:265-70. 2009..variables age, haemoglobin concentration (Hb), erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), prostate-specific antigen (PSA), plasma testosterone and estradiol level in hormonally treated patients with ..
- Glycosylation differences contribute to distinct catalytic properties among bone alkaline phosphatase isoformsCecilia Halling Linder
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Laboratory Medicine Center, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Bone 45:987-93. 2009..physiological substrates and to compare those properties with two recombinant isoforms of the tissue-nonspecific ALP (TNALP) isozyme, i.e...
- Toxicological evaluation of Tetracarpidium conophorum nut oil-based diet in ratsA T Oladiji
Department of Biochemistry, University of Ilorin, PMB 1515 Ilorin, Nigeria
Food Chem Toxicol 48:898-902. 2010..05) different from those fed on soybean oil-based diet. The reduction in the activities of ALP, GOT and GPT in the liver and heart of animals fed on the nut oil-based diet was accompanied by increase in the ..
- Chemiluminescent detect of E. coli O157:H7 using immunological method based on magnetic nanoparticlesZhiyang Li
State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 10:696-701. 2010..coli O157:H7 monoclonal antibody. Commercial alkaline phosphatase conjugated horse anti-mouse immunoglobulin (ALP-Ab) was used to bind with the monoclonal antibody, finally the chemiluminescent signals were detected by adding 3-(..
- Hepatoprotective effects of ethanolic extract of Cnidoscolus aconitifolius on paracetamol-induced hepatic damage in ratsA A Oyagbemi
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
Pak J Biol Sci 13:164-9. 2010..05) increase in the plasma Alanine aminotransferase (ALT), Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), Alkaline phosphatase (ALP), Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN), triglycerides (TAG) with total cholesterol (TC) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL-..
- A comparison of bioreactors for culture of fetal mesenchymal stem cells for bone tissue engineeringZhi Yong Zhang
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, Centre for Biomedical Materials Applications and Technology, Singapore
Biomaterials 31:8684-95. 2010..bioreactor-treated scaffolds experienced earlier and more robust osteogenic differentiation on von Kossa staining, ALP induction (1.2-1.6×, p < 0.01) and calcium deposition (1.3-2.3×, p < 0.01)...
- Emodin-8-O-β-D-glucoside from Polygonum amplexicaule D. Don var. sinense Forb. promotes proliferation and differentiation of osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cellsMei Xian Xiang
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Molecules 16:728-37. 2011..34% to 32.16%. Moreover, EG increased alkaline phosphatase (ALP) expression in MC3T3-E1 cells at the concentration from 0...
- Mineral trioxide aggregate promotes odontoblastic differentiation via mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in human dental pulp stem cellsXiu Zhao
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, and Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Xijing Hospital, Xi an, 710032, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:215-20. 2012..MTA significantly increased the expression of alkaline phosphatase (ALP), dentin sialophosphoprotein (DSPP), type I collagen (COLI), osteocalcin (OCN) and bone sialoprotein (BSP) mRNAs ..
- Influence of platelet-rich plasma on ectopic bone formation of bone marrow stromal cells in porous coralS Zhang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, PR China
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:961-5. 2011..Coral scaffolds loading MSCs or PRP alone acted as control. Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity of the specimens cultured in vitro for 7 and 14 days was measured, and the level of ectopic bone ..
- The effects of low-level laser irradiation on differentiation and proliferation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells into neurons and osteoblasts--an in vitro studyMasoud Soleimani
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medical Science, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Lasers Med Sci 27:423-30. 2012..was tested on the second, fifth, seventh, and tenth day of differentiation via analysis of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity...
- Manipulation of miRNA activity accelerates osteogenic differentiation of hMSCs in engineered 3D scaffoldsPeter D Mariner
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Colorado at Boulder, CO, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 6:314-24. 2012..miRNA mimics and inhibitors that had originally identified for their ability to increase Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) activity...
- Effects of an antibacterial membrane on osteoblast-like cells in vitroJun Ye
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 6:1853-61. 2011..bromide (MTT) assay, cell viability with a cell viability analyzer, and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity and Ca(2+) concentration of osteoblast-like cell matrix by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay...
- Combined mesenchymal stem cell sheets and rhBMP-2-releasing calcium sulfate-rhBMP-2 scaffolds for segmental bone tissue engineeringYiying Qi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Cell Transplant 21:693-705. 2012..The alkaline phosphatase (ALP) of MSCs cultured on rhBMP-2-loaded CS was significantly higher than that of CS at both 7 and 14 days (p < 0...
- Hyaluronic acid-based hydrogels functionalized with heparin that support controlled release of bioactive BMP-2Gajadhar Bhakta
Institute of Medical Biology, A STAR, 8A Biomedical Grove, 06 06 Immunos, Singapore 138648, Singapore
Biomaterials 33:6113-22. 2012..The osteogenic activity of BMP-2 released from the hydrogels was evaluated by monitoring alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity and SMAD 1/5/8 phosphorylation in mesenchymal precursor cells...
- Hyperbilirubinemia in the early phase after allogeneic HSCT: prognostic significance of the alkaline phosphatase/total bilirubin ratioM Ashizawa
Division of Hematology, Saitama Medical Center, Jichi Medical University, Saitama 330 8503, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 48:94-8. 2013..We focused on the serum alkaline phosphatase/total bilirubin ratio (ALP/TB) at the onset of hyperbilirubinemia and found that it significantly predicted the recovery from ..
- Metallofullerene nanoparticles promote osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells through BMP signaling pathwayKangning Yang
Laboratory of Nanomedicine and Nanosafety, Division of Nanomedicine and Nanobiology, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology of China, Chinese Academy of Sciences, no 11, First North Road, Zhongguancun, Beijing, 100190, China
Nanoscale 5:1205-12. 2013..the differentiation of MSCs toward osteoblasts, as evidenced by the enhancement of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity and mineralized nodule formation upon [Gd@C(82)(OH)(22)](n) nanoparticle treatment...
- Silk proteins stimulate osteoblast differentiation by suppressing the Notch signaling pathway in mesenchymal stem cellsSo Ra Jung
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
Nutr Res 33:162-70. 2013..We showed that silk proteins dose dependently stimulated alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity, osteoblast differentiation, and induced expression of osteoblast markers in C3H10T1/2 and M2-10B4 ..
- Carbon-Ag/AgCl probes for detection of cell activity in dropletsKosuke Ino
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
Anal Chem 85:3832-5. 2013..HeLa cells were confined into a single droplet, and the alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity of the cells was electrochemically measured using the probe inserted into the droplet...
- Osteocyte differentiation is regulated by extracellular matrix stiffness and intercellular separationC A Mullen
Centre for Biomechanics Research BMEC, Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, NUI Galway, Ireland National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science NCBES, NUI Galway, Ireland
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 28:183-94. 2013..Cells were evaluated for morphology, alkaline phosphatase (ALP), matrix mineralisation, osteoblast specific genes (Type 1 collagen, Osteoblast specific factor (OSF-2)), and ..
- Diosbulbin B-induced liver injury in mice and its mechanismYibo Ma
The MOE Key Laboratory for Standardization of Chinese Medicines and The Shanghai Key Laboratory for Compound Chinese medicines, Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China Department of Pharmacognosy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
Hum Exp Toxicol 33:729-36. 2014..activity of serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), and alkaline phosphatase (ALP)...
- Osteoactivin promotes osteoblast adhesion through HSPG and αvβ1 integrinFouad M Moussa
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Northeast Ohio Medical University NEOMED, Rootstown, Ohio School of Biomedical Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
J Cell Biochem 115:1243-53. 2014..OA induced osteoblast differentiation and function in vitro by stimulating alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity, osteocalcin production, nodule formation, and matrix mineralization...
- [A new method of isolating and culturing rabbit osteoblasts in vitro]Meizhen Yin
School of Medicine, Hubei Institute of Technology, Huangshi 435003, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 30:1063-6. 2013..staining and alizarin red staining for the third generation of osteoblasts to detect the alkaline phosphatase (ALP) expression and calcified nodules...
- Magnesium ions facilitate integrin alpha 2- and alpha 3-mediated proliferation and enhance alkaline phosphatase expression and activity in hBMSCsYea Hyun Leem
Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Dankook University, Cheonan si, Chungnam, Korea
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 10:E527-E536. 2016..Magnesium exposure profoundly enhanced alkaline phosphatase (ALP) gene expression and activity even at a relatively low magnesium concentration (2.5 mm)...
- STEVEN R MUMM; Fiscal Year: 2014..The patient had never been diagnosed with HPP, although her serum ALP was low (26 U/L, Nl 32 - 116 U/L)...
- Xianzhong Meng; Fiscal Year: 2015..a major role in TLR4-induced osteogenic responses, characterized by expression of Runx2, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osteopontin...
- Purinergic receptors in inflammationWolfgang G Junger; Fiscal Year: 2012..are recruited to the leading edge where adenosine is generated by CD39/E- NTPDase1 and alkaline phosphatase (ALP)...
- MINERALIZATION STUDIES RELATED TO ORAL BIOLOGYHARRISON ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..We and others have provided evidence that MV phosphatases, including alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and ATPase are involved in MV mineralization...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF PRONEPHRIC DUCT CELL GUIDANCEMALCOLM STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 1991..The molecule is identified as the cell-surface enzyme alkaline phosphatase (ALP). A prime focus of this project is to understand the role of ALP in guiding migrating embryonic cells...
- GROWTH FACTORS AND SKELETAL AGINGTheresa Chen; Fiscal Year: 2000..the bone forming potential of the osteoblasts is in direct proportion to the number of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) positive CFU-F...
- ID2 IN CELL CYCLE REGULATION AND CANCERAntonio Iavarone; Fiscal Year: 2010..We identified the cytoplasmic, actin- associated protein ENH (ENigma Homolog) as a new Id2 protein partner...
- Xiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..outcomes, including (1) hormone dysfunction: reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP);(2) menstrual disorders;(3) infertility;(4) EPL and SAB;and (5) adverse birth ..
- Francesca Tentori; Fiscal Year: 2015..These resources will be complemented by those at VUMC, including close mentorship by Dr. T. Alp Ikizler, interactions with other patient-oriented researchers and clinicians, and a vibrant scientific environment...
- Kelly A Birdwell; Fiscal Year: 2015..My CTSA mentor, Dr. T. Alp Ikizler, is an internationally recognized leader on the metabolic complications of kidney disease and expert in the ..
- Effects of resistant starch on lipid and glucose metabolism in insulin resistanceRONALD M contact KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2010..with CVD risk in insulin resistant individuals who express components of the atherogenic lipoprotein phenotype (ALP)...
- Cellular Mechanisms of Neuropathology in Parkinson's DiseaseJohn J Shacka; Fiscal Year: 2013..The autophagy- lysosome pathway (ALP) is an important intracellular degradation and recycling pathway and a compromise in ALP function promotes the ..
- Jacqui Smith; Fiscal Year: 2015..PSID), the American Time Use Survey's (ATUS) new well-being module, and the American Life Panel's (ALP) DRM...
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) alterations in hormone patterns including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP) in women and abnormalities of LH, FSH, TSH, SHBG, inhibin-B and testosterone ..
- RICHARD DENNIS WADDELL; Fiscal Year: 2015..training will focus on the research support needs identified at MUHAS via the MUHAS-UCSF Academic Learning Program (ALP), including grant application preparation and submission, pre- and post-award management, financial management, ..
- Sarjeet S Gill; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our research showed Aedes receptor proteins include cadherin, alkaline phosphatases (ALP), and aminopeptidases (APNs)...
- ACTININ ASSOCIATED LIM PROTEIN & FSH MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYDavid Bredt; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recent molecular cloning studies have identified actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP), which is a novel component of the muscle cytoskeleton...
- DDT, Endocrine Disruption and Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..with (1) hormone dysfunction including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP); (2) menstrual disorders; (3) reduced fecundability; and (4) adverse ..
- Mireille Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2014..on the actual and perceived financial risk associated with health spending from the RAND American Life Panel (ALP)...
- ARIE KAPTEYN; Fiscal Year: 2015..To that end we will conduct several experiments in two population representative Internet panels: the American Life Panel (ALP) in the U.S. and the Longitudinal Internet Studies for the Social sciences (LISS) panel in The Netherlands.
- REGULATION OF ADENINE NUCLEOTIDE POOLSVern Schramm; Fiscal Year: 1993..Regulation of AMP deaminase is similar to AMP nucleosidase by allosteric activation with ALP and inhibition by Pi. No prokaryotes have been found to contain AMP nucleosidase...
- REGULATION OF CECROPIN AND ATTACIN GENE EXPRESSIONPeter Dunn; Fiscal Year: 1991..control to peptidoglycan regulation of fat body cecropin-like protein (CLP) and attacin-like protein (ALP) synthesis; (2) to isolate and characterize M...
- Antibody- and peptide-inhibitors of quorum sensingKim Janda; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our proposed work includes the following aims: (1) synthesis of quorum sensing peptides and analogs from all 4 AlP subgroups of S...
- ALKYLLYSOPHOSPHOLIPIDS AS ANTITUMOR AGENTSDavid Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1990..We are currently investigating the synthesis of a series of alkyllysophospholipid-photosensitizers (ALP-photosensitizers) where the ALP component will serve as a vehicle for the selective delivery of the sensitizer ..
- ANTINEOPLASTIC ALKYLGLYCEROLIPIDSCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 1990..The preliminary in vitro data that contributed to the funding of these grants was obtained on small amounts of ALP analogues that were synthesized utilizing funds from other sources...
- Neuroendocrine Regulation of GnRH ReleaseJon Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..The K+ATP channel closes upon binding AlP, leading to reduced cellular K+ permeability, membrane depolarization and thus, increased cell excitability; ..
- Biogenesis of the T. brucei Mitochondrial ATP SynthaseNoreen Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..brucel mitochondrial AlP synthase? 3. What is the effect of decreasing the level of the mitochondrial ATP synthase in bloodstream forms? 4...
- Control of cell polarity in the C. elegans zygoteGeraldine Seydoux; Fiscal Year: 2005..Establishment of the anterior-posterior (AlP) body axis of C. elegans depends on polarization of the zygote shortly after fertilization...
- ATHEROSCLEROTIC LESION PHANTOM (ALP) FOR MRI/AThomas Burke; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long term goal of this project is to develop an Atherosclerotic Lesion Phantom (ALP) to assist the MRI community develop non invasive applications to identify patients at risk for clinically acute CV ..
- Structure and function of muscleMary Beckerle; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have identified members of two families of LIM domain proteins, the Cysteine-Rich Protein (CRP) family and the ALP-Enigma family as a-actinin binding partners...
- CRANIOFACIAL SKELETON-OSTEOBLASTIC GENE EXPRESSIONJoseph Zernik; Fiscal Year: 1993Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is the earliest known marker of osteoblastic differentiation. The proposed studies use ALP expression to investigate mesenchymal-osteoblastic differentiation during rat mandibular development...
- Molecular analysis of the dimeric F1/F0-ATP synthaseRosemary Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2006..Isolation of the dimeric AlP synthase complex led to the identification of three new subunits of the complex...
- Staphylococcal Pathogenesis and Gene ExpressionJesse Wright; Fiscal Year: 2003..The agr locus encodes a two-component system composed of AgrC and A, and its autoinducing ligand (ALP), encoded by AgrD and processed by AgrB; its primary function is to activate the expression of a regulatory RNA ..
- Mechanism of helicase translocation along ss DNAChristopher Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2003..The focus of this proposal is to characterize the kinetic mechanism for AlP binding and hydrolysis by Rep monomers bound to ss DNA and to determine whether Rep monomers are, indeed, capable ..
- MODULATION OF TGF-BETA/BMP ACTIVITY IN DEVELOPMENTKavita Arora; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will approach this issue by investigating the phenotype and delineating the receptor specificity and signaling pathway utilized by a novel TGF-B related ligand Alp that we have recently characterized.
- Global vs. Focal Neuroimaging Markers of Dementia RiskCaterina Rosano; Fiscal Year: 2007..markers of Alzheimer Disease (AD) using an automated brain MRI reading technique, the automated labeling pathway (ALP)...
- STEROID INDUCED CHANGES IN CULTURED MALIGNANT CELLSGEORGE MELNYKOVYCH; Fiscal Year: 1993This research project is an integrated study of the effects of alkylphospholipids (ALP) and glucocorticoid steroid dexamethasone on cell lines derived from malignant tumors...
- Structural Analysis of the ATP Synthase Membrane DomainMark Girvin; Fiscal Year: 2004The F1F0 ATP synthase is responsible for synthesizing the vast majority of cellular AlP. Not surprisingly, deleterious mutations in genes of the ATP synthase lead to inherited disorders, especially of nerves and muscles...
- ATHEROSCLEROTIC LESION PHANTOM (ALP) FOR MRI/AThomas Burke; Fiscal Year: 2006..Advanced ALP phantoms, properly employed, will help achieve statistically conclusive results speeding the development of ..
- APOPTOSIS AND A NEW ADAPTER MOLECULE PATHWAY IN GLIOMAOliver Bogler; Fiscal Year: 2004..SETA binds AlP!, a regulator of apoptosis and binding partner of ALG-2, which is itself required for apoptosis...
- RAPAMYCIN BLOCKADE OF PROTEIN PHOSPHATASE SIGNALINGDAVID BRAUTIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Define the structural determinants required for interaction between human alpha-4 (TAP42) and its binding partner AlP (TIP41) using transient expression of truncated and mutated proteins and co-precipitation...
- Targeting Gene Therapy to Bladder CancerGRAEME DOUGHERTY; Fiscal Year: 2005..in which alternative splicing is used as a means of targeting the expression of the enzyme alkaline phosphatase (ALP) to tumor cells in vivo...
- A BABOON MODEL FOR THE GENETICS OF CORTICAL BONE MATERIAL PROPERTIESLORENA HAVILL; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Vascular Calcification in DiabetesXUENING CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- OSTEOCALCIN SYNTHESIS AND CATABOLISMCaren Gundberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Osteoclast and/or osteoblast progenitors will be evaluated in bone marrow cells. ..
- TWO X-LINKED GENES THAT REGULATE MINERAL HOMEOSTASISMichael Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Group B Strep Alp Protein-Epithelial Cell InteractionMIRIAM BARON BARSHAK; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data support a hypothesis that Alps trigger actin-dependent internalization of GBS through interaction of an Alp N-terminal domain with an epithelial receptor. The specific aims of this proposal are 1...
- Regulation of Heme Uptake and Transport in Caco-2 CellsAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. hereditary hemochromatosis, iron overload secondary to blood transfusions) and explore the role of intestinal epithelial cell bi-directional heme movement on the regulation of iron stores. ..
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERS ANNUAL MEETINGPaul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Validating microRNA Analysis in Human Postmortem BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of a Multi-phased Scaffold for Soft Tissue to Bone IntegrationHelen Lu; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Small RNAs in skeletogenesisTatsuya Kobayashi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PI3K in LPS-induced coagulation and inflammationJames Luyendyk; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, characterization of the involvement of this pathway in LPS-induced inflammation may allow for development of novel strategies that can be used to treat sepsis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Persistent changes in brain expression after withdrawalKRISTINE WIREN; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. physical dependence leading to withdrawal seizures) are regulated at the genetic level. This knowledge may help in the development of new strategies for the treatment of alcohol dependence. ..
- GENE CAUSING PAGET & LIMB-GIRDLE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Delineation of the genetic component responsible for the LGMD/PDB phenotype should promise similar insight and facilitate in the design of novel treatment protocols for the two disorders. ..
- OSTEOCLASTIC PHOSPHOTYROSYL PHOSPHATASE AND RESORPTIONKIN HING LAU; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Bone Repair by Allogenic MSC in Non-ablated AnimalJueren Lou; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. To investigate the fate of implanted allogeneic MSC in femur defect site of non-ablated rats. The ultimate goal of this proposal is to develop percutaneous injection procedure to facilitate bone repair. ..
- Genetic basis of myopathy with Paget disease of boneVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2008..e. effect on ATPase activity, protein-protein interactions, and hexamer formation). Study the VCP specific pathways in C2C12 cell lines (stably transfected wt and R155H VCP) during differentiation and under stress conditions...
- POSTRECEPTOR DYSREGULATION IN DEPRESSIONYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Sequential Release of Growth Factors for Bone FormationJonathan Leach; Fiscal Year: 2004..Vascularization and bone formation will be compared to several control groups. ..
- Androgen action in bone: Overexpression of ARKristine M Wiren; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will identify specific molecular events/pathways influenced by androgen treatment in bone, and should lead to an improved understanding of mechanisms that influence adult bone size and quality. ..
- Characterization of Pancreatic Disease in a Novel Porcine Cystic Fibrosis ModelAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this application is to fully characterize pancreatic involvement in our novel CF pig model and to better understand the pathophysiological mechanisms leading to PI in CF. ..
- CONTROL OF OSTEOGENESIS AND ADIPOGENESIS BY EBFMark C Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such information would be applicable to a wide variety of skeletal defects including age-related osteopenia, post-menopausal osteoporosis, fracture repair, and extended survival of prosthetic implants. ..
- REGULATION OF BONE REMODELING BY MEGAKARYOCYTESMark Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such information would be applicable to a wide variety of skeletal defects including, post-menopausal osteoporosis, age-related osteopenia, fracture repair, and extended survival of prosthetic implants. ..
- Effect of estrogen on bone tissue engineeringLiu Hong; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will investigate estradiol to modulate MSCs-based tissue engineered constructs in vitro and to improve the bone formation and osteo-integration in osteoporotic environments. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signal Transduction Mechanisms in Suicide BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Prevention and Treatment with Noni juiceMian Ying Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The latency, multiplicity, volume of tumors, and the survivor rate of animals at the end of experiment will be evaluated in different groups. ..
- Characterization of Familial Myopathy & Paget DiseaseVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elucidation of the genetic defect will help us understand the pathogenesis of this multifaceted disorder and hopefully result in specific therapy. ..