Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDIA4
Description: protein disulfide isomerase family A member 4
Alias: ERP70, ERP72, ERp-72, protein disulfide-isomerase A4, ER protein 70, ER protein 72, endoplasmic reticulum resident protein 70, endoplasmic reticulum resident protein 72, protein disulfide isomerase related protein (calcium-binding protein, intestinal-related), protein disulfide isomerase-associated 4, testicular tissue protein Li 137
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- An antibody that binds a neutrophil membrane protein, ERp72, primes human neutrophils for enhanced oxidative metabolism in response to formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine. Implications for ERp72 in the signal transduction pathway for neutrophil primingR H Weisbart
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Hospital, Sepulveda CA 91343
J Immunol 148:3958-63. 1992..the protein associated with neutrophil priming was sequenced and identified as the endoplasmic reticulum protein, ERp72, which contains three copies of the active site sequences of protein disulfide isomerase...
- Oxidoreductase interactions include a role for ERp72 engagement with mutant thyroglobulin from the rdw/rdw rat dwarfShekar Menon
Program in Cell and Molecular Biology and Division of Endocrinology, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Biol Chem 282:6183-91. 2007..Tg-G2320R associated with multiple ER resident proteins, most notably ERp72, including covalent Tg-ERp72 interactions...
- ERp72, an abundant luminal endoplasmic reticulum protein, contains three copies of the active site sequences of protein disulfide isomeraseR A Mazzarella
Department of Microbiology, St Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63104
J Biol Chem 265:1094-101. 1990..full length cDNA clones encoding two abundant, luminal endoplasmic reticulum proteins (ERp), ERp59/PDI and ERp72. ERp59/PDI has been identified as the microsomal enzyme protein disulfide isomerase (PDI)...
- Inhibitors of protein-disulfide isomerase prevent cleavage of disulfide bonds in receptor-bound glycoprotein 120 and prevent HIV-1 entryAngelo Gallina
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 277:50579-88. 2002..Conformational changes resulting from the opening of gp120-disulfide loops may drive the processes of virus-cell and cell-cell fusion. The biochemical events described identify new potential targets for anti-HIV agents...
- Protein-disulfide isomerase-mediated reduction of two disulfide bonds of HIV envelope glycoprotein 120 occurs post-CXCR4 binding and is required for fusionRym Barbouche
CNRS, Faculte de Medecine Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, Marseille, 13015 France
J Biol Chem 278:3131-6. 2003..Disulfide bond restructuring within Env may constitute the molecular basis of the post-receptor binding conformational changes that induce fusion competence...
- Progress in targeting HIV-1 entryHugues J P Ryser
Departments of Pathology and Pharmacology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Drug Discov Today 10:1085-94. 2005..Inhibiting cell surface PDI prevents HIV-1 entry. The new potential targets outlined are PDI activity as well as the sites of PDI-CD4 and PDI-gp120 interaction...
- Stability of a receptor-binding active human immunodeficiency virus type 1 recombinant gp140 trimer conferred by intermonomer disulfide bonding of the V3 loop: differential effects of protein disulfide isomerase on CD4 and coreceptor bindingJ Billington
Virology Division, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
J Virol 81:4604-14. 2007..Further characterization showed the intermonomer disulfide bond to be a target for PDI processing. The relevance of these findings to the roles of the V3 domain and the timing of PDI action during the HIV infection process are discussed...
- Snapshot of the interaction between HIV envelope glycoprotein 120 and protein disulfide isomeraseZhiqiang Wang
Institute of Protein Research, College of Life Sciences and Technology, Tongji University, Shanghai 200092, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 42:358-62. 2010..The present results suggested the cell surface PDI might play a role in HIV entry in vivo...
- Thioredoxin-1 and protein disulfide isomerase catalyze the reduction of similar disulfides in HIV gp120Kathrin Reiser
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Microbiology, F68, Karolinska Institutet, SE 14186 Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 44:556-62. 2012..Our results demonstrate that both the host redox system and the viral surface glycoproteins are of interest for the development of new generations of anti-HIV therapeutics...
- Role of Scarf and its binding target proteins in epidermal calcium homeostasisJoonsung Hwang
Developmental Skin Biology Unit, NIAMS, and Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry Facility, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 282:18645-53. 2007..Several binding factors, including 14-3-3s, annexins, calreticulin, ERp72 (endoplasmic reticulum protein 72), and nucleolin, were identified, and their interactions with Scarf were ..
- Protein degradation by ERp72 from rat and mouse liver endoplasmic reticulumR Urade
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Japan
J Biol Chem 268:22004-9. 1993..1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 15152-15159; Urade, R., and Kito, M. (1992) FEBS Lett. 312, 83-86). Here, ERp72, the other member of the protein disulfide-isomerase family containing three CGHC motifs, was isolated from ER of ..
- Structure of the catalytic a(0)a fragment of the protein disulfide isomerase ERp72Guennadi Kozlov
Department of Biochemistry, Groupe de recherche axé sur la structure des protéines, McGill University, 3649 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 0B1
J Mol Biol 401:618-25. 2010..Some, such as PDI, are general enzymes that directly recognize misfolded proteins while others, such as ERp57 and ERp72, have more specialized roles...
- Identification of TFII-I as the endoplasmic reticulum stress response element binding factor ERSF: its autoregulation by stress and interaction with ATF6R Parker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 9176, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:3220-33. 2001..A novel complex (termed ERSF) exhibits enhanced binding to the ERSE of the grp78 and ERp72 promoters using HeLa nuclear extracts prepared from ER-stressed cells...
- Identification of genomic sequences that mediate the induction of the endoplasmic reticulum stress protein, ERp72, by protein trafficM Srinivasan
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, MO 63104
DNA Cell Biol 12:807-22. 1993b>ERp72, a resident protein of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) is both a stress protein and a member of the protein disulfide isomerase family of proteins...
- Accumulation and degradation in the endoplasmic reticulum of a truncated ER-60 devoid of C-terminal amino acid residuesR Urade
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
J Biochem 127:211-20. 2000..In both types of aggregates, Ig heavy chain binding protein, calnexin, glucose regulated protein 94, calreticulin, ERp72, and protein disulfide isomerase are scarcely found...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress and unfolded protein response in inclusion body myositis muscleGaetano Vattemi
Department of Neurology, University of Southern California Neuromuscular Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, California 90017 1912, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1-7. 2004..we studied expression and immunolocalization of five ER chaperones, calnexin, calreticulin, GRP94, BiP/GRP78, and ERp72, in s-IBM and control muscle biopsies...
- A cellular UDP-glucose deficiency causes overexpression of glucose/oxygen-regulated proteins independent of the endoplasmic reticulum stress elementsMarietta Flores-Diaz
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:21724-31. 2004..up-regulation of the mitochondrial chaperone GRP75 and the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) resident chaperones GRP58, ERp72, GRP78, GRP94, GRP170, and calreticulin...
- Oxidative protein folding in the mammalian endoplasmic reticulumC E Jessop
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, The Michael Smith Building, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 32:655-8. 2004..of mammalian cells by a family of oxidoreductases, which includes protein disulphide isomerase (PDI), ERp57, ERp72, P5 and PDIR...
- Differential cooperative enzymatic activities of protein disulfide isomerase family in protein foldingMamoru Satoh
Department of Pathology, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi Human Service Center, Kasugai, Aichi 480 0392, Japan
Cell Stress Chaperones 10:211-20. 2005Endoplasmic reticulum (ER)p61, ERp72, and protein disulfide isomerase (PDI), which are members of the PDI family protein, are ubiquitously present in mammalian cells and are thought to participate in disulfide bond formation and ..
- Acetaminophen induces ER dependent signaling in mouse liverGabor Nagy
Department of Medical Chemistry, Molecular Biology and Pathobiochemistry, Semmelweis University, 1444 Budapest POB 260, Hungary
Arch Biochem Biophys 459:273-9. 2007..glutathione and in the reduced-to-total glutathione ratio; redox state of thiols of ER resident oxidoreductases ERp72, PDI was shifted towards the oxidized form; ER stress-responsive transcription factor ATF6 was activated...
- Functional relationship between protein disulfide isomerase family members during the oxidative folding of human secretory proteinsLori A Rutkevich
Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 21:3093-105. 2010..between protein disulfide isomerase family members within the mammalian endoplasmic reticulum, PDI, ERp57, ERp72, and P5 were depleted with high efficiency in human hepatoma cells, either singly or in combination...
- Cell-type specific requirements for thiol/disulfide exchange during HIV-1 entry and infectionTzanko S Stantchev
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Division of Monoclonal Antibodies, U S Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Retrovirology 9:97. 2012..There is also ambiguity about which disulfide isomerases/reductases play a major role in HIV-1 entry, as protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) and/or thioredoxin (Trx) have emerged as the two enzymes most often implicated in this process...
- The human protein disulfide isomerase gene familyJames J Galligan
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Hum Genomics 6:6. 2012..Understanding the mechanisms of protein-folding, specifically thiol-disulfide exchange, may lead to development of a novel class of therapeutics that would help alleviate a wide range of diseases by targeting the UPR...
- The protein disulfide isomerases PDIA4 and PDIA6 mediate resistance to cisplatin-induced cell death in lung adenocarcinomaG Tufo
1 INSERM UMR S 769, LabEx LERMIT, Chatenay Malabry, France 2 Faculté de Pharmacie, Universite de Paris Sud, Chatenay Malabry, France
Cell Death Differ 21:685-95. 2014..proteins identified by proteomics) and exhibit a dramatic overexpression of two protein disulfide isomerases, PDIA4 and PDIA6, without any alteration in ER-cytosol Ca(2+) fluxes...
- Endoplasmic reticulum protein (ERp) 29 binds as strongly as protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) to bisphenol AYuka Miyake
Research Center for Environmental Bioscience and Department of Bioscience, School of Science and Technology, Kwansei Gakuin University, 2 1 Gakuen, Sanda, Hyogo 669 1337, Japan
Chem Res Toxicol 27:501-6. 2014..Here we investigated the binding of BPA and T3 to ERp29, ERp57, and ERp72, which each have the b or b' domain...
- Proteomic analysis of solid pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas reveals dysfunction of the endoplasmic reticulum protein processing pathwayYi Zhu
From the Department of Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, P R China
Mol Cell Proteomics 13:2593-603. 2014..Seven proteins (ERO1LB, TRIM1, GRP94, BIP, SEC61B, P4HB, and PDIA4) in this pathway were further validated by immunohistochemistry, and six of them (except SEC61B) coincided to the ..
- Trichinella spiralis: genome database searches for the presence and immunolocalization of protein disulphide isomerase family membersC P Freitas
Centro Hospitalar de Lisboa Central, EPE Serviço de Anatomia Patológica, Rua José António Serrano, 1150 199Lisboa, Portugal
J Helminthol 90:62-7. 2016..In addition to a previously described PDI (PDIA2), endoplasmic reticulum protein (ERp57/PDIA3), ERp72/PDIA4, and the molecular chaperones calreticulin (CRT), calnexin (CNX) and immunoglobulin-binding protein/glucose-..
- Upregulation of endoplasmic reticulum stress is associated with diaphragm contractile dysfunction in a rat model of sepsisGuangyu Jiao
Respiratory Department and Intensive Care Unit, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110004, P R China
Mol Med Rep 15:366-374. 2017..44 (ERP44), protein disulfide-isomerase like protein (ERP57) and protein disulfide isomerase family A member 4 (ERP72) in diaphragm muscles were measured using reverse transcription‑quantitative polymerase chain reaction and ..
- Estradiol-induced gene expression in largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides)Christopher J Bowman
Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 196:67-77. 2002..Specific up-regulated genes that are expressed in the same time window as Vtg were ERp72 (a membrane-bound disulfide isomerase) and a gene with homology to an expressed gene identified in zebrafish...
- Defining the domain boundaries of the human protein disulfide isomerasesH I Alanen
Biocenter Oulu and Department of Biochemistry, P O Box 3000, FIN 90014 University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Antioxid Redox Signal 5:367-74. 2003..of human PDI, we generated a large number of domain constructs for all six redox-active human PDIs: PDI, PDIp, ERp72, ERp57, P5, and PDIr. The ability to generate significant amounts of soluble protein in E...
- A complex of chaperones and disulfide isomerases occludes the cytosolic face of the translocation protein Sec61p and affects translocation of the prion proteinJordan D Stockton
Department of Chemistry, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Biochemistry 42:12821-34. 2003..of protein disulfide isomerase (PDI), calcium binding protein 1 (CABP1/P5), 72 kDa endoplasmic reticulum protein (ERp72), and BiP (heat shock protein A5/HSPA5), and has been named TR-PDI for "translocon-resident protein disulfide ..
- A conserved arginine plays a role in the catalytic cycle of the protein disulphide isomerasesA K Lappi
Biocenter Oulu and Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, P O Box 3000, FIN 90014, Oulu, Finland
J Mol Biol 335:283-95. 2004..the human protein disulphide isomerase (PDI) family, which is critical for the catalytic function of PDI, ERp57, ERp72 and P5, specifically for reoxidation...
- A novel approach for N-glycosylation studies using detergent extracted microsomesHideo Yuki
Department of Anatomy, Biology and Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, 1 1 Idaigaoka, Hasama machi, Oita, Japan
Mol Cell Biochem 278:157-63. 2005..TxRM were depleted of many soluble proteins including glucosidase II, BiP and Erp72, but maintained approximately 80% of calnexin, a membrane protein...
- Comparative proteomics reveals novel components at the plasma membrane of differentiated HepaRG cells and different distribution in hepatocyte- and biliary-like cellsCatalina Petrareanu
Department of Viral Glycoproteins, Institute of Biochemistry of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania Department of Analytical Chemistry and Enviromental Engineering, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
PLoS ONE 8:e71859. 2013..hepatocytes- and biliary-like cells, focusing on Cathepsins D and K, Cyclophilin A, Annexin 1/A1, PDI and PDI A4/ERp72. Major differences between the two proteomes were found, including differentially regulated proteins, protein-..
- The effect of 5'-adenylic acid on hepatic proteome of mice radiated by 60Co γ-rayCuilin Cheng
School of Food Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150090, China
Int J Mol Sci 15:186-202. 2013..They were determined to be type I arginase, annexin A5, regucalcin, catalase, Tpm3 protein, Pdia4 protein, 14-3-3 protein epsilon, NAD-Malate dehydrogenase and heat shock protein 90...
- Competitive inhibition of a set of endoplasmic reticulum protein genes (GRP78, GRP94, and ERp72) retards cell growth and lowers viability after ionophore treatmentX A Li
Department of Biochemistry, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033
Mol Cell Biol 11:3446-53. 1991..is reduced 4- and 2-fold, respectively, (ii) the induction levels of two other ER luminal protein genes, GRP94 and ERp72, are simultaneously down-regulated, (iii) the growth rate of these cells is half that of transfectants without the ..
- Proteasome inhibition leads to a heat-shock response, induction of endoplasmic reticulum chaperones, and thermotoleranceK T Bush
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 272:9086-92. 1997..the levels of mRNAs encoding cytosolic heat-shock proteins (Hsp70, polyubiquitin) and ER chaperones (BiP, Grp94, ERp72), as shown by Northern blot analysis...
- Mitochondrial and endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptotic pathways are activated by 5-aminolevulinic acid-based photodynamic therapy in HL60 leukemia cellsDana Grebenová
Department of Cellular Biochemistry, Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, U Nemocnice 1, 12820 2 Prague, Czech Republic
J Photochem Photobiol B 69:71-85. 2003..The level of endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-binding chaperones ERp57 and ERp72 and of anti-apoptotic proteins Bcl-2 and Bcl-x(L) was decreased whereas that of Ca(2+)-binding protein calmodulin ..
- Retention of mutant low density lipoprotein receptor in endoplasmic reticulum (ER) leads to ER stressStine Sørensen
Medical Genetics Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Rikshospitalet, University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 281:468-76. 2006..In the present study we show that the G544V mutant LDLR associates with the chaperones Grp78, Grp94, ERp72, and calnexin in the ER of transfected Chinese hamster ovary cells...
- pH dependence of the peptide thiol-disulfide oxidase activity of six members of the human protein disulfide isomerase familyH I Alanen
Biocenter Oulu and Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Antioxid Redox Signal 8:283-91. 2006..chemistry, we have recombinantly expressed and purified six members of the family, PDI, PDIp, ERp57, ERp72, P5, and PDIr from a single organism, human...
- Opposing effects of bacitracin on human papillomavirus type 16 infection: enhancement of binding and entry and inhibition of endosomal penetrationSamuel K Campos
Department of Immunobiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Virol 86:4169-81. 2012..Small interfering RNA (siRNA) knockdown of cellular PDI and the related PDI family members ERp57 and ERp72 reveals a potential role for PDI and ERp72 in HPV infection.
- Cystatin a, a potential common link for mutant myocilin causative glaucomaK David Kennedy
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36301. 2012..Some of those had known MYOC associations (MMP1, PDIA4, CALR, SFPR1) while others did not (EDN1, MGP, IGF1, TAC1)...
- An interaction map of endoplasmic reticulum chaperones and foldasesGregor Jansen
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:710-23. 2012..We have examined in detail a novel ERp72-cyclophilin B complex that enhances the rate of folding of immunoglobulin G...
- Disrupted redox homeostasis and aberrant redox gene expression in porcine oocytes contribute to decreased developmental competenceYe Yuan
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, USA
Biol Reprod 87:78. 2012..We determined the redox genes glutaredoxin 2 (GLRX2), protein disulfide isomerase family A, members 4 and 6 (PDIA4, PDIA6), and thioredoxin reductase 1 (TXNRD1) were differentially expressed between adult (more competent) and ..
- Identification of the thiol isomerase-binding peptide, mastoparan, as a novel inhibitor of shear-induced transforming growth factor β1 (TGF-β1) activationTeresa M Brophy
Laboratory of Blood and Vascular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Biol Chem 288:10628-39. 2013..TGF-β1, clusterin, von Willebrand factor, multimerin-1, protein disulfide isomerase (PDI), ERp5, ERp57, and ERp72 eluted specifically from the column...
- Structure of the non-catalytic domain of the protein disulfide isomerase-related protein (PDIR) reveals function in protein bindingRoohi Vinaik
Department of Biochemistry, Groupe de recherche axé sur la structure des protéines, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e62021. 2013..bridge with a positively charged binding surface for interactions with the ER chaperones, calreticulin and ERp72. Crystal contacts between molecules potentially mimic the interactions of PDIR with misfolded substrate proteins...
- HLA-DR associates with specific stress proteins and is retained in the endoplasmic reticulum in invariant chain negative cellsW T Schaiff
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Exp Med 176:657-66. 1992..revealed the identity of two of the proteins as the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) resident stress proteins GRP94 and ERp72. Neither of these proteins was found to have an increased level of synthesis in the Ii- versus the Ii+ ..
- Human deoxycytidine kinase. Sequence of cDNA clones and analysis of expression in cell lines with and without enzyme activityS H Huang
J Biol Chem 266:5353. 1991
- Two resident ER-proteins, CaBP1 and CaBP2, with thioredoxin domains, are substrates for thioredoxin reductase: comparison with protein disulfide isomeraseJ Lundström-Ljung
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS Lett 357:305-8. 1995..Two such proteins with thioredoxin (Trx) domains, CaBP1 and CaBP2 (ERp72), have previously been isolated from rat liver microsomes...
- Several endoplasmic reticulum stress proteins, including ERp72, interact with thyroglobulin during its maturationG Kuznetsov
Division of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
J Biol Chem 269:22990-5. 1994We have previously demonstrated that several endoplasmic reticulum (ER) proteins, including BiP, ERp72, grp94, and protein disulfide isomerase, bind to a denatured thyroglobulin (Tg) affinity column and can be specifically eluted by ATP (..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA for bovine phospholipase C-alpha: proposal of redesignation of phospholipase C-alphaN Hirano
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 204:375-82. 1994..is supposed to be a member not of PLC superfamily but of Trp-Cys-Gly-His-Cys-Lys motif-containing proteins consisting of protein disulfide isomerase, P5, ERp72, and thioredoxin. PLC-alpha should be redesignated ERp57 (ER-resided p57).
- Systemic lupus erythematosus is associated with increased auto-antibody titers against calreticulin and grp94, but calreticulin is not the Ro/SS-A antigenJ Boehm
Abteilung Klinik Biochemie, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 24:248-57. 1994..titers against purified rat grp94, another resident ER-protein of the KDEL-protein family, but not against rat ERp72 (CaBP2), an ER-resident protein of the proteindisulfide isomerase family...
- Effects of CaBP2, the rat analog of ERp72, and of CaBP1 on the refolding of denatured reduced proteins. Comparison with protein disulfide isomeraseK Rupp
Abteilung Klinische Biochemie, , Germany
J Biol Chem 269:2501-7. 1994It has been shown previously that CaBP2, the rat analog of the murine protein ERp72, and CaBP1, the rat analogue of the hamster protein P5, represent members of the protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) family and are able to catalyze the ..
- CaBP2 is a rat homolog of ERp72 with proteindisulfide isomerase activityP N Van
Abteilung Klinische Biochemie, Zentrum Innere Medizin, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Biochem 213:789-95. 1993..sequence and three repeats of the thioredoxin-like motive -EFYAPNCGHCK-, and represents the rat homolog of ERp72. In contrast to earlier reports on ERp72, CaBP2 possesses significant proteindisulfide isomerase activity...
- Endoplasmic reticulum form of calreticulin modulates glucocorticoid-sensitive gene expressionM Michalak
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Biology of Membranes, The Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2S2 Canada
J Biol Chem 271:29436-45. 1996..These effects are specific to calreticulin, since overexpression of the ER lumenal proteins (BiP, ERp72, or calsequestrin) has no effect on glucocorticoid-sensitive gene expression...
- Multiple molecular chaperones complex with misfolded large oligomeric glycoproteins in the endoplasmic reticulumG Kuznetsov
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 272:3057-63. 1997..269, 22990-22995). By coimmunoprecipitation in rat thyroid cells, we were able to demonstrate that BiP, grp94, ERp72, and grp170, four proteins believed to function as specific molecular chaperones, complex with Tg during its ..
- Isolation and characterisation of a novel stress-inducible PDI-family gene from Aspergillus nigerD J Jeenes
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Institute of Food Research, Colney, Norwich, UK
Gene 193:151-6. 1997..has identified associated with protein trafficking (ERPTRE) in a gene encoding the related mammalian protein, ERp72, as well as a second motif conserved amongst the glucose-related protein family...
- Dietary energy tissue-specifically regulates endoplasmic reticulum chaperone gene expression in the liver of miceJ M Dhahbi
Department of Biochemistry, University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Nutr 127:1758-64. 1997..old energy-restricted mice, hepatic expression of the endoplasmic reticulum chaperones ERp57 (37%), GRP170 (51%), ERp72 (43%), calreticulin (54%) and calnexin (23%) was significantly and specifically reduced...
- Functions of characteristic Cys-Gly-His-Cys (CGHC) and Gln-Glu-Asp-Leu (QEDL) motifs of microsomal ER-60 proteaseR Urade
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Uji
J Biochem 122:834-42. 1997..However, because QEDL could not serve as the ER-retention signal for protein disulfide isomerase or ERp72, it is suggested that amino acid residue(s) of ER-60 protease, other than the QEDL sequence itself, is ..
- Elevated expression of PDI family proteins during differentiation of mouse F9 teratocarcinoma cellsO Miyaishi
Laboratory of Pathology, Department of Basic Gerontology, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, Obu, Japan
J Cell Biochem 68:436-45. 1998We investigated the expression of protein disulfide isomerase family proteins (PDI, ERp61, and ERp72) in mouse F9 teratocarcinoma cells during differentiation induced by treatment with retinoic acid and dibutyryl cAMP...
- Erp72 expression activated by transient cerebral ischemia or disturbance of neuronal endoplasmic reticulum calcium storesW Paschen
Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, Department of Experimental Neurology, Cologne, Germany
Metab Brain Dis 13:55-68. 1998..of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-resident chaperon and member of the protein disulfide isomerase family erp72 was studied after transient cerebral ischemia in vivo using the four-vessel occlusion method and experimental ..
- Multiple molecular chaperones interact with apolipoprotein B during its maturation. The network of endoplasmic reticulum-resident chaperones (ERp72, GRP94, calreticulin, and BiP) interacts with apolipoprotein b regardless of its lipidation stateK M Linnik
Department of Biophysics, Center for Advanced Biomedical Research, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 273:21368-73. 1998..The endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-resident molecular chaperones GRP94, calreticulin, and ERp72 were co-immunoprecipitated with apoB-100 from HepG2 cell lysates following cross-linking of proteins in living ..
- Mesenchymal-epithelial transition in the developing metanephric kidney: gene expression study by differential displayS Y Plisov
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Genesis 27:22-31. 2000..and also gene33, H19, SM20, IGFBP5, MAMA receptor, lectin, keratin, beta-tubulin, calreticulin, GRP78, ERp72, MnSoD, thioredoxin, and others...
- A novel von Willebrand disease-causing mutation (Arg273Trp) in the von Willebrand factor propeptide that results in defective multimerization and secretionS Allen
Division of Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, University of Sheffield, UK
Blood 96:560-8. 2000..The R273W mutation did not affect the ability of VWF to bind to BiP, Grp94, ERp72, calnexin, and calreticulin in COS-7 cells. (Blood. 2000;96:560-568)
- Expression of an HSP110 family, ischemia-responsive protein (irp94), in the rat brain after transient forebrain ischemiaH S Koh
Department of Neurosurgery, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University Taejon, Korea
Z Naturforsch C 55:449-54. 2000..The expression pattern was like that of the endoplasmic reticulum chaperone, Erp72, but not that of the cytosol chaperone, hsp72...
- Gene expression in the brain across the sleep-waking cycleC Cirelli
The Neurosciences Institute, 10640 John J Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Brain Res 885:303-21. 2000..Vgf), growth factors/adhesion molecules (BDNF, TrkB, F3 adhesion molecule), chaperones/heat shock proteins (BiP, ERP72, GRP75, HSP60, HSP70), vesicle- and synapse-related genes (chromogranin C, synaptotagmin IV), neurotransmitter/..
- Calreticulin, PDI, Grp94 and BiP chaperone proteins are associated with retained COMP in pseudoachondroplasia chondrocytesJ T Hecht
University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Department of Pediatrics, P O Box 20708, Houston, TX 77225 0708, USA
Matrix Biol 20:251-62. 2001..Five chaperone proteins: BiP (Grp78); calreticulin (CRT); protein disulfide (PDI); ERp72; and Grp94, demonstrated immunoreactivity in the enlarged PSACH cisternae and the short rER channels of ..
- Identification of ERp29, an endoplasmic reticulum lumenal protein, as a new member of the thyroglobulin folding complexErnest Sargsyan
Division of Molecular Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:17009-15. 2002..by several molecular chaperones and folding enzymes, such as BiP, GRP94, calnexin, protein disulfide isomerase, ERp72, and others...
- Nascent lipidated apolipoprotein B is transported to the Golgi as an incompletely folded intermediate as probed by its association with network of endoplasmic reticulum molecular chaperones, GRP94, ERp72, BiP, calreticulin, and cyclophilin BJianying Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Center for Advanced Biomedical Research, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 278:7459-68. 2003..12 g/ml and, like the membrane-bound pool, was associated with GRP94, ERp72, BiP, calreticulin, and cyclophilin B...
- A subset of chaperones and folding enzymes form multiprotein complexes in endoplasmic reticulum to bind nascent proteinsLaurent Meunier
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:4456-69. 2002..GRP94; CaBP1; protein disulfide isomerase (PDI); ERdj3, a recently identified ER Hsp40 cochaperone; cyclophilin B; ERp72; GRP170; UDP-glucosyltransferase; and SDF2-L1...
- Differential increase in the expression of heat shock protein family members during sleep deprivation and during sleepA Terao
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Neuroscience 116:187-200. 2003..The expression of the heat shock proteins (HSP), endoplasmic reticulum protein (ERp72) and glucose-regulated protein (GRp78), was among the genes whose expression was significantly elevated in the ..
- Unfolded protein response is involved in the pathology of human congenital hypothyroid goiter and rat non-goitrous congenital hypothyroidismM Baryshev
Division of Molecular Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Nobels vag 13, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Mol Endocrinol 32:903-20. 2004..extended our earlier observations of ER chaperone induction with the identification of the additional ER (ERp29, ERp72, calreticulin, protein disulfide isomerase (PDI)), cytoplasmic (heat shock protein (HSP)70, HSP90) and ..
- Glycosaminoglycans and protein disulfide isomerase-mediated reduction of HIV EnvRym Barbouche
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Faculte de Medecine Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, F 13015 Marseille, France
Mol Pharmacol 67:1111-8. 2005....
- Overexpression of ERp29 in the thyrocytes of FRTL-5 cellsSoojung Park
Department of Anatomy, Chungnam National University, Taejon 301 747, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 32:7-13. 2005..results showed both enhanced ERp29 expression and an interaction with the other ER chaperones such as GRP94, BiP, ERp72 and calnexin...
- Multiple epiphyseal dysplasia mutations in MATN3 cause misfolding of the A-domain and prevent secretion of mutant matrilin-3Sally L Cotterill
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Hum Mutat 26:557-65. 2005..Co-immunoprecipitation experiments demonstrated that the mutant A-domains were specifically associated with ERp72, a chaperone protein known to be involved in mediating disulfide bond formation...
- Functional characterization of 3 thioredoxin homology domains of ERp72Mamoru Satoh
Department of Pathology, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi Human Service Center, Kasugai, Japan
Cell Stress Chaperones 10:278-84. 2005Folding of secretory proteins is associated with the formation and isomerization of disulfide bonds. ERp72, a protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) family member, possesses 3 thioredoxin homology domains, but the participation of each domain ..
- Mitogenic estrogen metabolites alter the expression of 17beta-estradiol-regulated proteins including heat shock proteins in human MCF-7 breast cancer cellsSeong Hwan Kim
Laboratory of Chemical Genomics, Bio organic Science Division, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology, Daejeon 305 600, Korea
Mol Cells 20:378-84. 2005..These results suggest that the altered expression of Hsps (especially Hsp56 and Hsp60) by E2 metabolites such as E2, 16a-OHE1 and 2-ME could be closely linked to their mitogenic action...
- Consequences of ERp57 deletion on oxidative folding of obligate and facultative clients of the calnexin cycleTatiana Soldà
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 281:6219-26. 2006..b>ERp72 was identified as one of the ER-resident oxidoreductases associating with the orphan ERp57 substrates to maintain ..
- Functions of ERp57 in the folding and assembly of major histocompatibility complex class I moleculesYinan Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:14622-31. 2006..Interestingly, depletion of another thiol oxidoreductase, ERp72, had no detectable effect on class I biogenesis, consistent with a specialized role for ERp57 in this process.
- Multi-chaperone complexes regulate the folding of interferon-gamma in the endoplasmic reticulumKoen Vandenbroeck
Applied Genomics Research Group, School of Pharmacy and Center for Cancer Research and Cell Biology CCRCB, Queen s University of Belfast, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
Cytokine 33:264-73. 2006..Six chaperones, GRP94, GRP78, ERp72, PDI, CaBP1/P5 and CRT were found to associate with IFN-gamma during its steady state folding...
- The effect of aging on the chaperone concentrations in the hepatic, endoplasmic reticulum of male rats: the possible role of protein misfolding due to the loss of chaperones in the decline in physiological function seen with ageRichard R Erickson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, and Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4710 Girard Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55419, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 61:435-43. 2006..ERp55, ERp57, ERp72, BiP, and calnexin constitutive levels declined 30%-50% with age. Calreticulin was unaffected...
- ER chaperones in mammalian development and human diseasesMin Ni
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, United States
FEBS Lett 581:3641-51. 2007..Here, we summarized the properties and functions of GRP78/BiP, GRP94/gp96, GRP170/ORP150, GRP58/ERp57, PDI, ERp72, calnexin, calreticulin, EDEM, Herp and co-chaperones SIL1 and P58(IPK) and their role in development and diseases...
- Farnesol-induced apoptosis in human lung carcinoma cells is coupled to the endoplasmic reticulum stress responseJoung Hyuck Joo
Cell Biology Section, LRB, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Cancer Res 67:7929-36. 2007..many genes implicated in endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress signaling, including ATF3, DDIT3, HERPUD1, HSPA5, XBP1, PDIA4, and PHLDA1, were highly up-regulated within 4 h of FOH treatment, suggesting that FOH-induced apoptosis involves ..
- The identification of potential factors associated with the development of type 2 diabetes: a quantitative proteomics approachHongfang Lu
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto M5S 1A8, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1434-51. 2008..for the first time were associated with islet dysfunction, including the unfolded protein response proteins (ERP72, ERP44, ERP29, PPIB, FKBP2, FKBP11, and DNAJB11), endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation proteins (VCP and ..
- Quantitative proteome analysis of HCC cell lines with different metastatic potentials by SILACNing Chen
State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, P R China
Proteomics 8:5108-18. 2008..the upregulation of solute carrier family 12 member 2 (SLC 12A2) and protein disulfide-isomerase A4 (PDIA4) were further confirmed in the culture supernatants by Western blotting and in the sera of HCC patients with ..
- A point mutation in translation initiation factor 2B leads to a continuous hyper stress state in oligodendroglial-derived cellsLiraz Kantor
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 3:e3783. 2008..Since brain cells from affected individuals are not available for research, we wished to assess the effect of eIF2B mutation on oligodendroglial-derived cells...
- Generating an unfoldase from thioredoxin-like domainsMichele L Forster
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 284:13045-56. 2009..whereas the function of its a' domain can be substituted partially by the a' domain from ERp57 (abb'xa'c) or ERp72 (ca degrees abb'xa'), PDI-like proteins that do not unfold CTA1 normally...
- Human pancreas-specific protein disulfide isomerase homolog (PDIp) is an intracellular estrogen-binding protein that modulates estrogen levels and actions in target cellsXin Miao Fu
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, 66160, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 115:20-9. 2009..Here we report that, of the six representative PDI homologs examined (human PDI, PDIp, ERp57, ERp72, PDIA6 and rat PDIr), only the human pancreas-specific PDI homolog (PDIp) had a similar binding affinity for ..
- Structure of the noncatalytic domains and global fold of the protein disulfide isomerase ERp72Guennadi Kozlov
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Structure 17:651-9. 2009..Here, we report the X-ray crystal structure of central non-catalytic domains of a specific isomerase, ERp72 (also called CaBP2 and protein disulfide-isomerase A4) from Rattus norvegicus...
- Protein disulfide isomerase does not control recombinant IgG4 productivity in mammalian cell linesN V L Hayes
Protein Science Group, School of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NJ, UK
Biotechnol Bioeng 105:770-9. 2010..a) transiently silencing PDI mRNA and (b) increasing the intracellular levels of members of the PDI family (PDI, ERp72, and PDIp) on the mRNA levels, assembly and secretion of an IgG4 isotype...
- Protein disulphide isomerase family members show distinct substrate specificity: P5 is targeted to BiP client proteinsCatherine E Jessop
Faculty of Life Sciences, Michael Smith Building, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 122:4287-95. 2009..In addition, we analysed the specificity of substrates towards PDI, ERp72, ERp57, ERp46, ERp18 and P5...
- Platelets release novel thiol isomerase enzymes which are recruited to the cell surface following activationLisa Marie Holbrook
Institute for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, Berkshire
Br J Haematol 148:627-37. 2010..the presence of five additional thiol isomerases in human and mouse platelets and megakaryocytes, namely; ERp57, ERp72, ERp44, ERp29 and TMX3...
- Inhibition of secretion of interleukin (IL)-12/IL-23 family cytokines by 4-trifluoromethyl-celecoxib is coupled to degradation via the endoplasmic reticulum stress protein HERPMartin McLaughlin
Neurogenomiks Laboratory, Universidad del Pais Vasco UPV EHU, Parque Tecnologico de Bizkaia, 48170 Zamudio, Spain
J Biol Chem 285:6960-9. 2010..This revealed that TFM-C induced 1.5-3-fold transcriptional up-regulation of calreticulin, GRP78, GRP94, GRP170, ERp72, ERp57, ERdj4, and ERp29...
- Mechanisms of ER Stress-Mediated Mitochondrial Membrane PermeabilizationSanjeev Gupta
Apoptosis Research Centre, School of Natural Sciences, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Int J Cell Biol 2010:170215. 2010..Induction of ER stress leads to upregulation of several genes such as Grp78, Edem1, Erp72, Atf4, Wars, Herp, p58ipk, and ERdj4 and leads to caspase activation, release of mitochondrial intermembrane ..
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress responses differ in meninges and associated vasculature, striatum, and parietal cortex after a neurotoxic amphetamine exposureMonzy Thomas
National Center for Toxicological Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079 9502, USA
Synapse 64:579-93. 2010..4, an indicator of Perk pathway activation), Hspa5/Grp78 (Glucose regulated protein 78, master regulator of ERSR), Pdia4 (protein disulfide isomerase, protein-folding enzyme), and Nfkb1 (nuclear factor of kappa b, ERSR sensor) mRNA ..
- Disulphide production by Ero1α-PDI relay is rapid and effectively regulatedChristian Appenzeller-Herzog
Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
EMBO J 29:3318-29. 2010..complexes of Ero1 primarily form with PDI, to a lesser extent with the PDI-family members ERp57 and ERp72, but are not detectable with another homologue TMX3...
- Proteomics characterization of cell model with renal fibrosis phenotype: osmotic stress as fibrosis triggering factorHassan Dihazi
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
J Proteomics 74:304-18. 2011..of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress- and the unfolded protein response (UPR) pathway (GRP78, GRP94, ERP57, ERP72, and CALR) and the oxidative stress pathway proteins (PRDX1, PRDX2, PRDX6, HSP70, HYOU1) were highly up-regulated ..
- A PDI family network acts distinctly and coordinately with ERp29 to facilitate polyomavirus infectionChristopher P Walczak
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Virol 85:2386-96. 2011..Here, we found that the PDI family members ERp57, PDI, and ERp72 facilitate virus infection...
- CrossWork: software-assisted identification of cross-linked peptidesMorten I Rasmussen
University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Proteomics 74:1871-83. 2011..We further investigated the structure of the multi-domain ERp72, and combined the individual domains of ERp72 into a single structure.
- Quantitative tissue proteomics of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma for novel biomarker discoveryHarsh Pawar
Institute of Bioinformatics, International Technology Park, Bangalore, India
Cancer Biol Ther 12:510-22. 2011..novel biomarker candidates included prosaposin (PSAP), plectin 1 (PLEC1) and protein disulfide isomerase A 4 (PDIA4) that were further validated to be overexpressed by immunohistochemical labeling using tissue microarrays...
- Heightened induction of proapoptotic signals in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress in primary fibroblasts from a mouse model of longevityAmir A Sadighi Akha
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 286:30344-51. 2011..Dwarf and normal fibroblasts show no genotypic difference in up-regulating BiP, GRP94, and ERp72 proteins after exposure to thapsigargin...
- Thiol Isomerases During Thrombus FormationBarbara C Furie; Fiscal Year: 2013..isomerases during thrombus formation, the kinetics of expression of thiol isomerases, including PDI, ERp5, ERp54, ERp72, ERp46, ERdj5, TMX and TMX3 will be studied in a live mouse by intravital multichannel widefield and confocal ..
- Identification of small molecule inhibitors of protein disulfide isomeraseROBERT C FLAUMENHAFT; Fiscal Year: 2012..and determine the specificity of inhibitors using alternative oxidoreductases, including ERp5, ERp46, ERp57, and ERp72, in the insulin-based turbidometric assay...
- Strategy for Therapy of the Pseudoachondroplasia (PSACH) Phenotype: UnderstandingJacqueline Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Studies of Clubfoot (ITEV)Jacqueline T Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of high-risk genotypes can lead to the development of prevention programs in selected populations and may suggest gene-based prevention strategies. ..