Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDGFA
Description: platelet derived growth factor subunit A
Alias: PDGF-A, PDGF1, platelet-derived growth factor subunit A, PDGF A-chain, PDGF subunit A, platelet-derived growth factor A-chain, platelet-derived growth factor alpha chain, platelet-derived growth factor alpha polypeptide
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Platelet-derived growth factor up-regulates the expression of transcription factors NF-E2, GATA-1 and c-Fos in megakaryocytic cell linesCecilia Mei Yan Chui
Department of Paediatrics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 6th Floor, Clinical Sciences Building, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Cytokine 21:51-64. 2003..Our data suggest a direct stimulatory effect of PDGF on c-Fos, GATA-1 and NF-E2 expressions and we speculate that these transcription factors might be involved in the signal transduction of PDGF on the regulation of megakaryocytopoiesis...
- Phosphorylation of the carboxyl-terminal transactivation domain of c-Fos by extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediates the transcriptional activation of AP-1 and cellular transformation induced by platelet-derived growth factorPaula Monje
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4330, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:7030-43. 2003..Furthermore, we provide evidence that the ERK-dependent activation of c-Fos is an integral component of the mitogenic pathway by which PDGF regulates normal and aberrant cell growth...
- Long-term exposure of proximal tubular epithelial cells to glucose induces transforming growth factor-beta 1 synthesis via an autocrine PDGF loopDonald Fraser
Institute of Nephrology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 163:2565-74. 2003..This provides a potential explanation for the clinical observation that prolonged poor glycemic control may contribute to progression of diabetic nephropathy...
- The extracellular glycoprotein SPARC interacts with platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-AB and -BB and inhibits the binding of PDGF to its receptorsE W Raines
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:1281-5. 1992..We suggest that the coordinate expression of SPARC and PDGF-B-containing dimers following vascular injury may regulate the activity of specific dimeric forms of PDGF in vivo...
- cDNA cloning and expression of the human A-type platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor establishes structural similarity to the B-type PDGF receptorL Claesson-Welsh
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:4917-21. 1989..led to the expression of a protein specifically recognized by an antiserum previously shown to react with the PDGF A-type receptor...
- Signal transduction via platelet-derived growth factor receptorsC H Heldin
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1378:F79-113. 1998..Recent observations suggest that extensive cross-talk occurs between different signaling pathways, and that stimulatory signals are modulated by inhibitory signals arising in parallel...
- Mechanism of action and in vivo role of platelet-derived growth factorC H Heldin
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, and Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Physiol Rev 79:1283-316. 1999..This review discusses structural and functional properties of PDGF and PDGF receptors, the mechanism whereby PDGF exerts its cellular effects, and the role of PDGF in normal and diseased tissues...
- PDGF-C is a new protease-activated ligand for the PDGF alpha-receptorX Li
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm, Sweden
Nat Cell Biol 2:302-9. 2000....
- The proteolytic processing of pro-platelet-derived growth factor-A at RRKR(86) by members of the proprotein convertase family is functionally correlated to platelet-derived growth factor-A-induced functions and tumorigenicityGeraldine Siegfried
Laboratory of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, H2W 1R7, Canada
Cancer Res 63:1458-63. 2003..Chinese hamster ovary cells overexpressing pro-PDGF-A (ARKA(86)) failed to induce tumors in nude mice. Thus, PC-directed inhibitors might represent new agents for therapy in neoplasia induced by PDGF-A...
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factors and their receptors in ovarian clear-cell carcinoma and its putative precursorsSohei Yamamoto
Department of Basic Pathology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Mod Pathol 21:115-24. 2008....
- Platelet-derived growth factors (PDGF-A and -B) and their receptors in human fetal and adult ovariesH Pinkas
IVF Research Laboratory, Infertility and IVF Unit, Helen Schneider Hospital for Women, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tikva 49100, Israel
Mol Hum Reprod 14:199-206. 2008..PDGF-A and -B transcripts were identified in all the extracts. The presence of the receptors in GC suggests that PDGFs might be involved in the activation of primordial follicles...
- High expression of HIF1a is a predictor of clinical outcome in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas and correlated to PDGFA, VEGF, and bFGFAndreas Claudius Hoffmann
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Neoplasia 10:674-9. 2008..In this study, we investigated the prognostic values of HIF1a, bFGF, VEGF, and PDGFA gene expressions as well as their interrelationships.
- PDGF receptor signaling networks in normal and cancer cellsJean Baptiste Demoulin
de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium Electronic address
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 25:273-83. 2014..Of particular interest, recent studies revealed significant differences between normal and cancer cells regarding signal transduction by these growth factors. ..
- Promoter region of the human platelet-derived growth factor A-chain geneY Takimoto
Department of Medicine, Jewish Hospital, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:1686-90. 1991..DNA sites of potential importance in mediating the activation of the PDGF A-chain gene in normal cells and in transformed cell lines expressing high levels of PDGF A chain were identified.
- The growth-inhibitory block of TGF-beta is located close to the G1/S border in the cell cycleD Kletsas
Institute of Biology, N C S R Demokritos, Athens, Greece
Exp Cell Res 217:477-83. 1995....
- Effects of PDGF A-chain antisense oligodeoxynucleotides on growth of cardiovascular organs in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratsH Kishioka
Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hypertens 14:439-45. 2001..Expression of PDGF A-chain mRNA was higher in the aorta and kidney in 9-week-old SHR-SP than in Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats...
- Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) autocrine signaling regulates survival and mitogenic pathways in glioblastoma cells: evidence that the novel PDGF-C and PDGF-D ligands may play a role in the development of brain tumorsNathalie A Lokker
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Cancer Res 62:3729-35. 2002..Together these findings demonstrate the potential therapeutic utility of this class of compounds for the treatment of glioblastoma...
- [Roles of vascular endothelial growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor in lymphangiogenesis in epithelial ovarian carcinoma.]Rong Wei Zhao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:760-4. 2009..To assess roles of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) in the mechanisms of lymphangiogenesis in epithelial ovarian carcinoma...
- Effect of ischemic preconditioning on pancreatic regeneration and pancreatic expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor-A in ischemia/reperfusion-induced pancreatitisA Dembinski
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:39-58. 2006....
- Platelet-derived growth factor isoform expression in carbon tetrachloride-induced chronic liver injuryErawan Borkham-Kamphorst
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Lab Invest 88:1090-100. 2008....
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) in the epididymis and analysis of the epididymal development in PDGF-A, PDGF-B, and PDGF receptor beta deficient miceSabrina Basciani
Department of Medical Pathophysiology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, 00161 Rome, Italy
Biol Reprod 70:168-77. 2004..mesonephric origin of the epididymis and kidney prompted us to investigate the immunohistochemical localization of PDGF A- and B-chain and PDGF receptor (PDGFR) alpha- and beta-subunit in rat and mouse epididymis, the expression ..
- A high level of CCAAT-enhancer binding protein-delta expression is a major determinant for markedly elevated differential gene expression of the platelet-derived growth factor-alpha receptor in vascular smooth muscle cells of genetically hypertensive ratsY Kitami
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Onsen gun, Ehime, Japan
Circ Res 84:64-73. 1999..These findings indicate that differential expression of members of the C/EBP family, mainly C/EBP-delta and possibly C/EBP-beta, are responsible for the strain-specific gene transcription of PDGF-alphaR in VSMCs...
- Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and PDGF receptor expression and function in folliculostellate pituitary cellsM Kowarik
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Neuroendocrinology Group, D 80804Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 118:113-20. 2010..Thus the PDGF/PDGF receptor system is expressed in folliculostellate cells and is involved in VEGF regulation. Its role in endocrine pituitary tumour cell lines and pituitary adenomas need to be clarified in future studies...
- Rapid disruption of gap junctional communication and phosphorylation of connexin43 by platelet-derived growth factor in T51B rat liver epithelial cells expressing platelet-derived growth factor receptorM Z Hossain
Department of Molecular Medicine, Northwest Hospital, Seattle, Washington 98125, USA
J Cell Physiol 174:66-77. 1998..This report describes a suitable cell system which is currently being utilized for the characterization of the PDGF signaling pathway responsible for the inhibition of GJC...
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor-AA is associated with tumor progression in osteosarcomaIrene Sulzbacher
Clinical Institute of Pathology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Mod Pathol 16:66-71. 2003..021, Cox regression). Immunohistochemical analysis of platelet-derived growth factor-AA expression in osteosarcoma may be a useful marker of prognosis and may be considered as a possible target for novel therapeutic strategies...
- Immunohistochemical expression of FGF-2, PDGF-A, VEGF and TGF beta RII in the pancreas in the course of ischemia/reperfusion-induced acute pancreatitisZ Warzecha
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical School, 16 Grzegorzecka Street, 31 531 Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 55:791-810. 2004..The aim of our study was to evaluate the presence of growth factors in the course of spontaneous pancreatic regeneration after ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)-induced pancreatitis...
- A unique autophosphorylation site in the platelet-derived growth factor alpha receptor from a heterodimeric receptor complexE Rupp
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Biochem 225:29-41. 1994....
- Phosphorylation of tyrosine 720 in the platelet-derived growth factor alpha receptor is required for binding of Grb2 and SHP-2 but not for activation of Ras or cell proliferationC E Bazenet
Division of Basic Sciences, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:6926-36. 1996..In addition, these findings reveal that while SHP-2 binds to both of the receptors, it binds in different locations: to the carboxy terminus of the betaPDGFR but to the kinase insert of the alphaPDGFR...
- A role for Src in signal relay by the platelet-derived growth factor alpha receptorJ A Gelderloos
The Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 273:5908-15. 1998..Finally, activation of Src during the G0/G1 transition does not appear to be required for latter cell cycle events such as induction of c-myc or cell proliferation...
- [Effect of truncated platelet-derived growth factor-alpha receptor on apoptosis and expression of c-sis mRNA of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells]Han Min Liu
Department of Pediatrics, The West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 41:329-33. 2003..The study aimed to investigate the effect of truncated PDGF-alpha receptor on apoptosis and expression of c-sis mRNA of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) gene delivery for application in periodontal tissue engineeringW V Giannobile
Department of Periodontics Prevention Geriatrics and Center for Biorestoration of Oral Health, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1078, USA
J Periodontol 72:815-23. 2001..Recent advances in gene therapy offer the advantage of delivering recombinant proteins to tissues for extended periods of time in vivo...
- Spatial and temporal localization of transforming growth factor-beta1, bone morphogenetic protein-2, and platelet-derived growth factor-A in healing tooth extraction sockets in a rabbit modelZahid Lalani
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 6516 M D Anderson Boulevard, Suite DBB 2 059, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1061-72. 2003....
- The involvement of platelet-derived growth factor-A in the course of apical periodontitisL Wang
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Int Endod J 44:65-71. 2011..To investigate the expression of platelet-derived growth factor-A (PDGF-A) in the course of apical periodontitis induced in rats and to explore its possible role in the development of periapical lesions...
- Immunohistochemical detection of insulin-like growth factors, platelet-derived growth factor, and their receptors in ameloblastic tumorsH Kumamoto
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Oral Medicine and Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 36:198-206. 2007....
- Coordinate regulation by diethylstilbestrol of the platelet-derived growth factor-A (PDGF-A) and -B chains and the PDGF receptor alpha- and beta-subunits in the mouse uterus and vagina: potential mediators of estrogen actionK Gray
Laboratory of Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Endocrinology 136:2325-40. 1995..After DES treatment, the uterus exhibits a significant decrease in the level of PDGF ligand and receptor proteins immunostained within 6 h, whereas less dramatic effects ar observed in the vagina.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Determination of cytokine mRNA-expression in term human placenta of patients with gestational hypertension, intrauterine growth retardation and gestational diabetes mellitus using polymerase chain reactionJ Heinig
Biochemical Institute of the University of Rostock
Zentralbl Gynakol 122:413-8. 2000....
- [The effect of platelet-derived growth factor on the formation of proliferative vitreoretinopathy]Yong Liang
Department of Ophthalmology, People s Hospital, Beijing University, Beijing 100044, China Email
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 38:144-7. 2002..To study the actions of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) in proliferative membrane formation of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR) and whether there is the existence of PDGF secreting cells and target cells...
- Osteopontin expression in platelet-derived growth factor-stimulated vascular smooth muscle cells and carotid artery after balloon angioplastyX Wang
Department of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, PA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 16:1365-72. 1996....
- Effects of platelet-derived growth factor on aqueous humor dynamicsEmilio Syriani
Department of Physiological Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:3833-9. 2009..Here the authors investigate the role of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), a known activator of the Rac1 pathway, in cell cytoskeleton, outflow facility, and intraocular pressure (IOP)...
- The platelet-derived growth factor signaling system in snapping turtle embryos, Chelydra serpentina: potential role in temperature-dependent sex determination and testis developmentTurk Rhen
Department of Biology, Box 9019, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58202, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 161:335-43. 2009..Together, these findings demonstrate that temperature has tissue specific effects on the Pdgf system and suggest that Pdgf signaling is involved in sex determination and the ensuing differentiation of testes in the snapping turtle...
- Platelet-derived growth factor-A mRNA expression in fetal, normal adult, and atherosclerotic human aortas. Analysis by competitive polymerase chain reactionC E Murry
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Circulation 93:1095-106. 1996..We tested whether platelet-derived growth factor-A (PDGF-A) mRNA levels correlated with cell proliferation in developing aorta, normal adult aorta, and atherosclerotic plaques...
- GC factor 2 represses platelet-derived growth factor A-chain gene transcription and is itself induced by arterial injuryL M Khachigian
Centre for Thrombosis and Vascular Research, The University of New South Wales, Department of Haematology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Circ Res 84:1258-67. 1999..The genes encoding PDGF A chain (PDGF-A) and PDGF B chain (PDGF-B) reside on separate chromosomes and are independently regulated at the level ..
- Characterization and expression of three forms of cDNA encoding chicken platelet-derived growth factor-A chainH Horiuchi
Department of Immunobiology, Faculty of Applied Biological Science, Hiroshima University, Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima 739 8528, Japan
Gene 272:181-90. 2001..These results suggest that chicken PDGF in thrombocytes plays an important role in the vascular system and in healing damaged tissue...
- Effect of platelet-derived growth factor isoforms in rat metanephric mesenchymal cellsJill M Ricono
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F211-9. 2002..To explore potential mechanisms for failure of PDGF A-chain to rescue mesangial cell phenotype, we investigated the biological effects and signaling pathways of PDGF AA ..
- Expression of platelet derived growth factor B chain and beta receptor in human coronary arteries after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty: an immunohistochemical studyS Tanizawa
Department of Cardiovascular Pathology, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Heart 75:549-56. 1996..To evaluate whether expression of platelet derived growth factor B (PDGF-B) protein is associated with expression of its receptor protein in human coronary arteries after angioplasty and to identify cells involved...
- Platelet-derived growth factor inhibits platelet activation in heparinized whole bloodF Selheim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Norway
Thromb Res 95:185-96. 1999..Our results demonstrate that platelet-derived growth factor appears to be a true antithrombotic agent only under aggregating conditions in heparinized whole blood...
- Platelet-derived growth factor expression and function in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionFrederic Perros
Centre National de Référence de l Hypertension Artérielle Pulmonaire, Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation Respiratoire, Institut Paris Sud Cytokines, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Universite Paris Sud 11, UPRES EA 2705, Clamart, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:81-8. 2008....
- Role of long-form PDGF A-chain in the growth of vascular smooth muscle cells from spontaneously hypertensive ratsN Fukuda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:1117-24. 1997..Two isoforms of PDGF A-chain mRNA that either include (long form) or exclude (short form) exon 6 are produced as a result of alternative ..
- Involvement of growth factors in the process of post-vasectomy micro-recanalizationBrandon C Stahl
Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1089, USA
J Urol 179:376-80. 2008....
- Oncogene expression in vivo by ovarian adenocarcinomas and mixed-mullerian tumorsB M Kacinski
Department of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510
Yale J Biol Med 62:379-92. 1989..The authors discuss the role that tumor epithelial cell expression of the fms gene product might play in the auto- and paracrine control of growth and dissemination of ovarian adenocarcinomas...
- Differential regulation of ANG2 and VEGF-A in human granulosa lutein cells by choriogonadotropinD Pietrowski
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 112:208-14. 2004..These findings may add impact on the hypothesis of choriogonadotropin as a novel angiogenic factor...
- A potential role for PDGF-C in experimental and clinical proliferative vitreoretinopathyHetian Lei
The Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:2335-42. 2007..In addition, we examined which PDGF isoforms were present in the vitreous of patients with PVR, to assess the relevance of the rabbit model to the clinical setting...
- Promoter haplotype combinations of the platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor gene predispose to human neural tube defectsP H Joosten
Department of Cell Biology, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 27:215-7. 2001..Our data indicate that specific combinations of naturally occurring PDGFRA promoter haplotypes strongly affect NTD genesis...
- Haplotype-dependent binding of nuclear proteins to the promoter of the neural tube defects-associated platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor geneMascha Toepoel
Department of Cell Biology FNWI, Radboud University Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1741:350-7. 2005..The current identification of cis-acting elements in the PDGFRA promoter and the transcription factors that bind them, provides a new strategy for the identification of genes that are potentially involved in neural tube defects...
- Modelling large areas of demyelination in the rat reveals the potential and possible limitations of transplanted glial cells for remyelination in the CNSW F Blakemore
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Glia 38:155-68. 2002..Using this approach, we have obtained data that suggest that delaying the time of the interaction between OPCs and demyelinated axons restricts the expression of the remyelinating potential of transplanted OPCs...
- Selective expression of PDGF A and its receptor during early mouse embryogenesisM Mercola
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Dev Biol 138:114-22. 1990..RNAse protection analysis shows that PDGF A chain, but not B chain, mRNA is expressed in 6.5- to 8.5-day embryonic and extraembryonic tissues...
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptor regulates salivary gland morphogenesis via fibroblast growth factor expressionShinya Yamamoto
Division of Oral Health, Growth and Development, Faculty of Dental Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:23139-49. 2008..In contrast, short interfering RNA for Pdgfa and -b as well as neutralizing antibodies for PDGF-AB and -BB showed decreased branching...
- Restenosis following angioplasty in the swine coronary artery is inhibited by an orally active PDGF-receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, RPR101511AG Bilder
Department of Cardiovascular Biology, Medicinal Chemistry, Rhone Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA, USA
Circulation 99:3292-9. 1999..Because these activities underlie restenosis, inhibition of the PDGF-receptor tyrosine kinase (PDGFr-TK) is postulated to decrease restenosis...
- PDGF C is a selective alpha platelet-derived growth factor receptor agonist that is highly expressed in platelet alpha granules and vascular smooth muscleLi Fang
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, South San Francisco, Calif 94080, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:787-92. 2004The platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) family consists of four members, PDGF A, PDGF B, and 2 new members, PDGF C and PDGF D, which signal through the alpha and beta PDGF receptor (PDGFR) tyrosine kinases...
- Endothelial cell hyperplasia in human glioblastoma: coexpression of mRNA for platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) B chain and PDGF receptor suggests autocrine growth stimulationM Hermansson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala Branch, University Hospital, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:7748-52. 1988..cells contained large quantities of mRNA for PDGF B chain/c-sis and its receptor and, to a lesser extent, for PDGF A chain. In contrast, the tumor cells expressed more mRNA for PDGF A chain than for PDGF B chain and PDGF receptor...
- Developmentally regulated expression of two novel platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor transcripts in human teratocarcinoma cellsS Mosselman
Department of Cell Biology, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 54:220-5. 1994..Expression of PDGF alpha-receptor transcripts containing the cryptic exon may be useful as a marker for undifferentiated stem cells in human teratocarcinomas...
- Content and activity of cAMP response element-binding protein regulate platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha content in vascular smooth musclesPeter A Watson
Denver Research Institute, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1055 Clermont Street, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Endocrinology 143:2922-9. 2002..Thus, both in vitro and in vivo loss of CREB content and activity and subsequent accumulation of PDGFRalpha may contribute to SMC activation during diabetes...
- Regulation and role of PDGF receptor alpha-subunit expression during embryogenesisG C Schatteman
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Development 115:123-31. 1992..factor receptor alpha-subunit (PDGFR alpha) is the form of the PDGF receptor that is required for binding of PDGF A-chain...
- Altered development of spinal cord in the mouse mutant (Patch) lacking the PDGF receptor alpha-subunit geneL Li
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 96:204-9. 1996....
- Lens-specific expression of PDGF-A alters lens growth and developmentL W Reneker
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Dev Biol 180:554-65. 1996..Elevated levels of PDGF-A enhance proliferation, but also appear to induce some aspects of the fiber cell differentiation pathway...
- Exogenous PDGF-D is a potent mesangial cell mitogen and causes a severe mesangial proliferative glomerulopathyKelly L Hudkins
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:286-98. 2004..Finally, this approach has resulted in a unique and potentially valuable model of mesangial proliferative glomerulopathy and its resolution...
- PDGF receptor beta is a potent regulator of mesenchymal stromal cell functionAyano Tokunaga
Department of Pathology, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 23:1519-28. 2008..The effects of PDGFRalpha on the osteogenic differentiation were very subtle. PDGFRbeta could represent an important target for guided tissue regeneration or tissue engineering of bone...
- Interaction of PDGFRA promoter haplotypes and maternal environmental exposures in the risk of spina bifidaMascha Toepoel
Department of Cell Biology, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen 6525 AJ, The Netherlands
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:629-36. 2009..Aberrant expression of the platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor (PDGFRA) gene has been implicated in neural-tube-defect etiology in both mice and humans...
- A human YAC transgene rescues craniofacial and neural tube development in PDGFRalpha knockout mice and uncovers a role for PDGFRalpha in prenatal lung growthT Sun
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, The Cruciform Building, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 127:4519-29. 2000..In addition, we found that the YAC transgene did not prolong survival of Patch mutant mice, indicating that genetic defects outside the PDGFRalpha locus contribute to the early embryonic lethality of Patch mice...
- Human mesothelioma cells and asbestos-exposed mesothelial cells are selectively resistant to amosite toxicity: a possible mechanism for tumor promotion by asbestosE W Gabrielson
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
Carcinogenesis 13:1359-63. 1992..SV40 immortalized cells that have become tumorigenic after transfection with either Ha-ras or PDGF A-chain genes were not significantly more resistant to the cytotoxic effects of amosite than primary normal cells, ..
- PDGF-A and PDGFR-alpha regulate tooth formation via autocrine mechanism during mandibular morphogenesis in vitroY Chai
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Dev Dyn 213:500-11. 1998..These data suggest that PDGF-A and its cognate receptor (PDGFR-alpha) regulate the size and stage of tooth development via an autocrine mechanism during odontogenesis in vitro...
- Abnormal gastrointestinal development in PDGF-A and PDGFR-(alpha) deficient mice implicates a novel mesenchymal structure with putative instructive properties in villus morphogenesisL Karlsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Medicinaregatan 9A, Box 440, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden Linda
Development 127:3457-66. 2000..The role of PDGF-A seems to be to secure renewal of PDGFR-(alpha) positive cells when they are consumed in the initial rounds of cluster formation...
- Concordant and discordant interleukin-1-mediated signaling in lung fibroblast thy-1 subpopulationsJames S Hagood
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama Birmingham School of Medicine, 35294 0005, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 26:702-8. 2002....
- Platelet-derived growth factor-D and Rho GTPases regulate recruitment of cancer-associated fibroblasts in cholangiocarcinomaMassimiliano Cadamuro
Department of Surgery, Oncology and Gastroenterology, University of Padova, Italy
Hepatology 58:1042-53. 2013..In fibroblasts, PDGF-D activated the Rac1 and Cdc42 Rho GTPases and c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK). Selective inhibition of Rho GTPases (particularly Rac1) and of JNK strongly reduced PDGF-D-induced fibroblast migration...
- TLR4 Deficiency Impairs Oligodendrocyte Formation in the Injured Spinal CordJamie S Church
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Center for Brain and Spinal Cord Repair, and
J Neurosci 36:6352-64. 2016....
- The v-sis oncogene product but not platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) A homodimers activate PDGF alpha and beta receptors intracellularly and initiate cellular transformationB E Bejcek
Department of Medicine, Jewish Hospital, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 267:3289-93. 1992..platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) B chain share 92% homology with each other and over 50% homology with the PDGF A chain. Exogenously added homodimers of PDGF A and PDGF B and of p28v-sis are potent mitogens but only PDGF B and p28v-..
- Developmental distribution of platelet-derived growth factor in the mouse central nervous systemJ B Hutchins
Department of Anatomy, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216 4505
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 67:121-35. 1992..b>PDGF A-chain (localized with an antibody to PDGF(AA) dimers) appears to be found in growth cones of developing neurons in ..
- Increased expression of PDGF A- and B-chain genes in rat lungs with hypoxic pulmonary hypertensionD Katayose
First Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Miyagi, Japan
Am J Physiol 264:L100-6. 1993..of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) in the pulmonary vascular remodeling caused by hypoxia, we cloned rat PDGF A- and B-chain cDNA and prepared specific cRNA probes...
- Structural determinants in the platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor implicated in modulation of chemotaxisK Yokote
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Box 595, Biomedical Center, S 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 271:5101-11. 1996..Thus our data indicate that the PDGF alpha-receptor has an intrinsic ability to transduce a chemotactic signal, and that this signal is counteracted by overriding negative signals...
- The nature of acute rejection is associated with development of graft vascular disease after clinical heart transplantationC C Baan
Department of Internal Medicine 1, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Heart Lung Transplant 17:363-73. 1998..To determine mechanisms that trigger graft vascular disease (GVD) after heart transplantation, we studied parameters that reflect both early and late intragraft allogeneic reactions...
- Diminished matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) in ectomesenchyme-derived tissues of the Patch mutant mouse: regulation of MMP-2 by PDGF and effects on mesenchymal cell migrationJ R Robbins
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, 149 Basic Medical Sciences Building, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87131, USA
Dev Biol 212:255-63. 1999....
- Intragraft platelet-derived growth factor-alpha and transforming growth factor-beta1 during the development of accelerated graft vascular disease after clinical heart transplantationH A de Groot-Kruseman
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Transpl Immunol 7:201-5. 1999..These results suggest that intragraft PDGF-alpha and TGF-beta1 play a role in the pathogenesis of accelerated GVD after clinical heart transplantation...
- Density dependent expression of PDGF-A modulates the angiotensin II dependent proliferation of rat cardiac fibroblastsA Simm
Institut für Klinische Biochemie und Pathobiochemie, Wurzburg, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 94:464-71. 1999..In summary, we could show that the Ang-II induced cell proliferation in adult cardiac fibroblasts is mainly due to cell density dependent expression of growth factors like PDGF-AA...
- Role of platelet-derived growth factor in allograft vasculopathyM C Mancini
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport, Shreveport, Louisiana 71106, USA
Ann Surg 231:682-8. 2000..To test the hypothesis that platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) accelerates the formation of allograft vascular disease...
- Oxidized-LDL and atherosclerosis. Role of LOX-1T Kita
Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 902:95-100; discussion 100-2. 2000..and T lymphocytes, and growth factors, such as heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor and PDGF A and B chains. Recently, we identified the novel receptor for oxidized LDL, named LOX-1...
- Relationship of fiber surface iron and active oxygen species to expression of procollagen, PDGF-A, and TGF-beta(1) in tracheal explants exposed to amosite asbestosJ Dai
Department of Pathology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 24:427-35. 2001..Surface iron and AOS also play a role in PDGF-A and TGF-beta gene expression, but through an ERK-dependent mechanism...
- Oxidative stress and increased expression of growth factors in lesions of failed hemodialysis accessM F Weiss
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 37:970-80. 2001..ET-1 staining was most intense in the neointima and pseudointima. This study showed histochemical colocalization of markers of oxidative stress with growth factors known to contribute to intimal hyperplasia...
- Chemotactic factors enhance myogenic cell migration across an endothelial monolayerS Corti
Centro Dino Ferrari, Istituto di Clinica Neurologica, Università di Milano IRCCS, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Francesco Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Exp Cell Res 268:36-44. 2001..We consider that any new report elucidating the molecular signals involved in myoblast migration may be useful toward the development of systemic cellular-mediated gene therapy of muscle diseases...
- Expression profiling of medulloblastoma: PDGFRA and the RAS/MAPK pathway as therapeutic targets for metastatic diseaseT J MacDonald
Center for Cancer and Transplantation Biology, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue NW, Washington, DC, USA
Nat Genet 29:143-52. 2001..Using in vitro assays, we show that platelet-derived growth factor alpha (PDGFA) enhances medulloblastoma migration and increases downstream MAP2K1 (MEK1), MAP2K2 (MEK2), MAPK1 (p42 MAPK) and ..
- Mechanisms by which high-dose estrogen therapy produces anabolic skeletal effects in postmenopausal women: role of locally produced growth factorsS Bord
University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Bone 29:216-22. 2001....
- Proliferative and morphological effects of endothelins in Schwann cells: roles of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and Ca(2+)-independent phospholipase A2L N Berti-Mattera
Division of Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4982, USA
J Neurochem 79:1136-48. 2001..The unique pattern of signaling pathways recruited by ET-1 and its combined effects on regulation of phenotype and proliferation of SC suggest an important role for this peptide during nerve degeneration/regeneration...
- PDGF-A/PDGF alpha-receptor signaling is required for lung growth and the formation of alveoli but not for early lung branching morphogenesisHans Bostrom
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Dev Dyn 223:155-62. 2002..We conclude that, although PDGF-AA signaling over PDGFR alpha may have direct or indirect roles in overall lung growth, it does not specifically control early branching of the lung epithelium...
- Growth factor upregulation during obliterative bronchiolitis in the mouse modelRobert M Aris
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, 420 Burnett Womack Building, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7524, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:417-22. 2002..037) in this model. We conclude that increased expression of a large number of growth factors occurs during OB in this model. Growth factor blockade (in particular with regard to TNF-alpha) may be useful in ameliorating OB in this model...
- Connective tissue growth factor and its correlation to other growth factors in experimental granulation tissueKaija Inkinen
Fourth Department of Surgery, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Connect Tissue Res 44:19-29. 2003..b>PDGF A and PDGF B mRNA expressions were at maximum on day 14 and on day 21, respectively...
- Ets-1 stimulates platelet-derived growth factor A-chain gene transcription and vascular smooth muscle cell growth via cooperative interactions with Sp1Fernando S Santiago
Centre for Vascular Research, The University of New South Wales, and the Department of Haematology, The Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Circ Res 95:479-87. 2004..These findings identify a functional cis-acting element for Ets-1 in the PDGF-A promoter and demonstrate that Sp1 and Ets-1 cooperatively activate PDGF-A transcription in vascular SMCs...
- The phosphoinositol 3,4-bisphosphate-binding protein TAPP1 interacts with syntrophins and regulates actin cytoskeletal organizationAngela Hogan
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Centre for Neuromuscular Disease, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:53717-24. 2004..Collectively, our results suggest syntrophins regulate the localization of TAPP1, which may be important for remodeling the actin cytoskeleton in response to growth factor stimulation...
- Puralpha activates PDGF-A gene transcription via interactions with a G-rich, single-stranded region of the promoterQingbei Zhang
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Gene 348:25-32. 2005..These results indicate Puralpha enhances transcription of the PDGF-A gene through its interactions with single-stranded, G-rich strands in the promoter, perhaps by stabilizing non-B-form DNA conformations...
- Paneling human thyroid cancer cell lines for candidate proteins for targeted anti-angiogenic therapySebastian Hoffmann
Department of Surgery, Philipps University of Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, D 35039 Marburg, Germany
J Cell Biochem 98:954-65. 2006..For the first time, angiostatin, endostatin, and possibly also aaATIII are identified as novel candidate regulators of angiogenesis in thyroid carcinoma cells...
- Molecular correlates of imatinib resistance in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsMichael C Heinrich
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4764-74. 2006..In clinical studies, 75% to 90% of patients with advanced GISTs experience clinical benefit from imatinib. However, imatinib resistance is an increasing clinical problem...
- Toll-like receptor 4 ligand can differentially modulate the release of cytokines by human plateletsFabrice Cognasse
EFS Auvergne Loire, Saint Etienne, France
Br J Haematol 141:84-91. 2008..We propose that platelets adapt the subsequent responses, with polarized cytokine secretion, after TLR4 involvement...
- Combined anti-PDGFRalpha and PDGFRbeta targeting in non-small cell lung cancerNiels Reinmuth
Department of Medicine Hematology and Oncology and the IZKF Muenster, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Int J Cancer 124:1535-44. 2009..These studies demonstrate that combined inhibition of PDGFRalpha and -beta results in markedly decreased tumor growth in vivo because of impaired recruitment of periendothelial cells...
- Harish Vasudevan; Fiscal Year: 2015..In mice, loss of PDGF Receptor [unreadable] (PDGFR[unreadable]) or its ligands, PDGFA and PDGFC, results in facial clefting...
- Dysregulation of the Tumor Microenvironment in Hepatocellular CarcinomaLewis R Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will investigate the function of recently discovered sulfatase enzymes that enhance growth of liver cancers, with the goal of developing effective treatments for this devastating disease. ..
- UNIQUE GLIAL CELL POPULATION IN THE BRAINAkiko Nishiyama; Fiscal Year: 1999..The presence of a physical interaction between NG2 and PDGF a receptor has been demonstrated by bioclleluical rllelhoils...
- PLATELET AND CELL GROWTH--ROLE OF PDGFTHOMAS DEUEL; Fiscal Year: 2002..We aim to analyze the effects of gain of function of PDGF A, of pleiotrophin, and the loss of function pleiotrophin dominant negative effector PTN 1-40 in the vascular system ..
- Stephen E McGowan; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies are relevant to other vascular diseases including stroke, diabetes, and chronic renal insufficiency, which are also common among veterans. ..
- BASIS OF PAX3-FKHR ONCOGENESIS IN RHABDOMYOSARCOMAChiayeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2001..The third aim is to examine how PDGFaR function contributes to ARMS tumor cell growth. Since PDGF is a potent mitotic growth factor, aberrant expression of its receptor is likely to play a crucial role in cell transformation. ..
- PDGF SIGNALING IN OLIGODENDROCYTE DEVELOPMENTRANDALL MCKINNON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- DOMINANT NEGATIVE PDGF RECEPTORS IN AIRWAY FIBROSISMelissa King; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Mechanisms of Pulmonary Vein DevelopmentSteven B Bleyl; Fiscal Year: 2010..My data in chick show that Pdgfra and its ligand Pdgfa are expressed in mesenchyme on opposite sides of the heart stalk during PV formation and later around the PV as it ..
- PHILIPPE M SORIANO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Loss of the PDGFRa or of its ligands PDGFA and PDGFC lead to facial clefting and improper development of the frontonasal process, whereas hypomorphic ..
- RESISTANCE ARTERY REMODELING HYPERTENSIONRussell Prewitt; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information could also form the basis for more effective therapy to reverse structural changes in arterial walls that if unchecked can lead to vascular pathologies in target organs. ..
- PULMONARY FIBROSIS IN PDGF TRANSGENIC MICEGary Hoyle; Fiscal Year: 2000..The SPC promoter will be used to overexpress genes encoding the PDGF A and PDGF B genes singly and in combination to assess the potential of PDGF isoforms to initiate pulmonary fibrosis ..
- Targets of Ewing Sarcoma-Wilms Tumor 1 OncoproteinDaniel Haber; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- GROWTH FACTORS EFFECT ON ASPECTS OF BONE FORMATIONErnesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2001..Recently, we found that osteoblast enriched (Ob) cells from 22-day fetal rat calvariae express mRNA encoding the PDGF A, and not the @PDGF B polypeptide, but the regulation of skeletal PDGF A synthesis has not been examined...
- SRY GENE REGULATION AND YP LOSS IN PROSTATE CARCINOMAJAMES TRICOLI; Fiscal Year: 1999..These include the hormones testosterone, dihydrotestosterone and estradiol and the growth factors of FGF-beta, PDGFa, TGF-beta and EGF. Finally, Dr...
- ANGIOTENSIN II INDUCTION OF PDGF SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSAllen Naftilan; Fiscal Year: 1993..This current proposal will examine in detail the molecular mechanisms by which ang II increases the PDGF A-chain mRNA and will also attempt to define the significance of this increase...
- DERMAL-EPIDERMAL INTERACTIONS IN DIABETIC WOUND HEALINGTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- GENESIS OF PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONBarbara Cahill; Fiscal Year: 2000..My goal with this project is to acquire the skills and knowledge required to become and independent investigator and advance my career as an academic physician. ..
- VIRAL TROPISM IN VASCULAR AGING--ROLE OF FGF RECEPTORDAVID HAJJAR; Fiscal Year: 1992..Experiments are designed to assess the effect of HSV on 1) PDGF production by EC and SMC 2) PDGF A and B chain mRNA transcript levels; 3) PDGF isoforms...
- ENDOTHELIAL INJURY IN SMALL VESSELSStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, these same questions may be relevant to the proliferative responses seen in hypertensive microvasculature. We have developed a new model for this response and propose to extend our efforts to the microvascular level. ..
- AGE EFFECTS ON ARTERIAL CELL FUNCTION IN ATHEROSCLEROSISBabette Weksler; Fiscal Year: 1992..level, with special attention directed at the abnormal expression of autrocrine growth factor genes (c- sis and PDGF A-chain)...
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN ASSAY FOR SCREENING PDGF ANTAGONISTSJames Tomlinson; Fiscal Year: 1991..At this point large chemical libraries will be intensively screened to identify compounds with therapeutic potential for the treatment of vascular restenosis...
- SCOR IN MOLECULAR MEDICINE AND ATHEROSCLEROSISLewis Cantley; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF PDGF BY ENDOTHELIUMMark Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploring the structure of the PDGF A- and B-chain genes and their transcriptional regulation by endothelial cells has been a focus of this laboratory ..
- GROWTH FACTOR REGULATION OF P27KIPL EXPRESSIONW Pledger; Fiscal Year: 2000..The final aim will examine the mechanism through which multiple growth factor signals collaborate to bring about p27 degradation in mid to late G1 and identify the elements that target p27 to this degradative pathway. ..
- HEMOPOIETIC ENVIRONMENT OF RETROVIRAL INFECTED MARROWMichael Linenberger; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- FIBROBLAST CD 90 EXPRESSION IN FIBROGENIC SKIN DISORDERSJames Hagood; Fiscal Year: 2002..Establishing the role of fibroblast Thy-1/CD90 expression in human fibrogenic skin diseases is likely to unlock mechanisms of fibroblast activation and lead to more effective treatments for fibrotic disorders in skin and other tissues. ..
- Effects of intracellular angiotensin IIJulia Cook; Fiscal Year: 2009..and that the growth stimulation is accompanied by cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) phosphorylation and PDGF A-chain upregulation...
- CHRONIC LUNG INJURY AFTER PREMATURE BIRTHRichard Bland; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Mechanism of endothelial cell damage in sclerodermaMaria Trojanowska; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies may help us to unravel the molecular basis of the disease and ultimately provide the logical target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Systemic perinatal insults disrupt neurodevelopmentShenandoah Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insights into mechanisms underlying the disruption of perinatal neural development will lead to novel interventions to enhance neural development in neonates, and minimize neurologic deficits. ..
- ESTROGEN METABOLITES EFFECTS ON BONERussell Turner; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidative Stress and Hemodialysis Access FailureMIRIAM WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific Aim C: To compare the success rates of prophylactic angioplasty when non-invasive techniques demonstrate decreased flow in the hemodialysis access in alpha-tocopherol-treated versus placebo-treated patients. ..
- RETINOIC ACID RECEPTORS AND ALVEOLAR FORMATIONJEANNE SNYDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..This knowledge will form the foundation for the rational development of agents that promote alveolar growth and repair in humans. ..
- PDGF GENE REGULATION BY VITAMINS A & D IN ALVEOLIZATIONDAVID KAETZEL; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Molecular Mechanisms of Metastasis Suppression by NM23David M Kaetzel; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Novel Mechanism for Intra-articular NonunionMartha M Murray; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PROTEOMIC MAPPING OF MYELIN AND ITS MEMBRANE SUBDOMAINSRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- THE ROLE OF INSULIN IN HUMAN FETAL LUNG DEVELOPMENTJEANNE SNYDER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Therapeutic Strategies for Environmental Lung DiseasesJames Bonner; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARDIAC GRAFTS--SKELETAL MYOBLASTSCHARLES MURRY; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Enhanced Primary Repair of Ligament InjuriesMartha Murray; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the third aim, the optimized scaffolds will be tested in an in vivo canine ACL non-union model. Information gained in each of these aims will serve to improve our understanding of mechanisms of ligament healing. ..
- VEGF and Nitric Oxide in Lung Vascular DevelopmentVivek Balasubramaniam; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, Dr. Balasubramaniam will continue to work with Dr. Charles Plopper (UC Davis) to learn more sophisticated techniques of morphometric analysis. ..
- Nociception in Diabetic Neuropathy: Role of EndothelinsLiliana Berti Mattera; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation- Medulloblastoma Growth by alpha-v integrinsTobey Macdonald; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-range goal of this work is to broaden our understanding of medulloblastoma growth, so that novel biologic therapies may be developed into new treatments for medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor in children. ..
- DOSE RESPONSE EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL ON BONE METABOLISMRussell Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- TNFR:Fc Gene Transfer for Treatment of PeriodontitisWilliam Giannobile; Fiscal Year: 2006..The use of AAV-TNF: Fc has significant potential as a therapeutic regimen to treat aggressive periodontitis that is governed by an exuberant inflammatory response. ..
- Comparative Genomics of Sex Determination in AmniotesTurk Rhen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This approach promises to speed the rate of discovery of sex-determining genes in humans, which to date has been slow and haphazard. ..
- Etiology and Treatment of Parathyroid Bone DiseaseRussell Turner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since PDGF antagonists such as trapidil are available for human use, positive results could be quickly extended to clinical practice. ..
- Recombinant platelet-derived growth factor A-chain derived from endothelial cellsPatent Number: EP0366816-A1; Date:1990-05-09
- MULTICISTRONIC EXPRESSION UNITS AND THEIR USEPatent Number: WO9405785-A1; Date:1994-03-17
- PRODUCTION OF HETERODIMER PDGF-AB BY MEANS OF A BICISTRONIC VECTOR SYSTEM IN MAMMALIAN CELLSPatent Number: WO9405786-A1; Date:1994-03-17
- MULTICISTRONIC EXPRESSION OF RECOMBINANT GENES IN BACTERIAL CELLSPatent Number: WO9429462-A1; Date:1994-12-22