Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PCLO
Description: piccolo presynaptic cytomatrix protein
Alias: ACZ, PCH3, protein piccolo, aczonin
Publications157 found, 100 shown here
- Piccolo, a novel 420 kDa protein associated with the presynaptic cytomatrixC Cases-Langhoff
Center for Molecular Neurobiology, University of Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 69:214-23. 1996..Biochemical studies showed that it is very tightly bound to this structure. Thus, we speculate that Piccolo is a structural component of the presynaptic cytomatrix which anchors SVs to the presynaptic plasmalemma...
- Piccolo, a presynaptic zinc finger protein structurally related to bassoonS D Fenster
Department of Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Neuron 25:203-14. 2000..These data suggest that Piccolo plays a role in the trafficking of synaptic vesicles (SVs) at the active zone...
- Gene structure and genetic localization of the PCLO gene encoding the presynaptic active zone protein PiccoloSteven D Fenster
Department of Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0021, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 20:161-71. 2002..dysfunction during brain development, we have analyzed and compared the gene structure of the Piccolo gene, PCLO, from humans and mice and determined their chromosomal localization...
- Genome-wide association for major depressive disorder: a possible role for the presynaptic protein piccoloP F Sullivan
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Mol Psychiatry 14:359-75. 2009..Of the top 200, 11 signals localized to a 167 kb region overlapping the gene piccolo (PCLO, whose protein product localizes to the cytomatrix of the presynaptic active zone and is important in monoaminergic ..
- The PCLO gene and depressive disorders: replication in a population-based studyKarin Hek
O3 Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Erasmus University Medical Center, PO Box 2040, Rotterdam 3000 CA, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 19:731-4. 2010Previous genome-wide association analysis revealed a new putative candidate gene for major depression: the PCLO gene...
- Overexpression of piccolo C2A domain induces depression-like behavior in miceYoko Furukawa-Hibi
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology and Hospital Pharmacy, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Neuroreport 21:1177-81. 2010..The mice exhibited depression-like behavior in both forced swim and tail suspension tests, suggesting that piccolo might regulate the depressive behavior...
- Gene expression and genetic variation data implicate PCLO in bipolar disorderKwang H Choi
Stanley Laboratory of Brain Research, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Biol Psychiatry 69:353-9. 2011..We then tested these SNPs for association with bipolar disorder in large case-control samples...
- Genome-wide association analysis of gender differences in major depressive disorder in the Netherlands NESDA and NTR population-based samplesNagesh Aragam
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
J Affect Disord 133:516-21. 2011..While the gender differences for MDD have been widely reported in literature, few genome-wide analyses of gender differences have been reported to date...
- Piccolo genotype modulates neural correlates of emotion processing but not executive functioningS Woudstra
Department of Psychiatry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transl Psychiatry 2:e99. 2012..A genome-wide association study implicated the polymorphism rs2522833 in the piccolo (PCLO) gene--involved in monoaminergic neurotransmission--as a risk factor for MDD...
- Modulatory effects of the piccolo genotype on emotional memory in health and depressionSaskia Woudstra
Department of Psychiatry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e61494. 2013..The piccolo (PCLO) gene, involved in monoaminergic neurotransmission, has previously been linked to depression in a genome-wide ..
- Resequencing three candidate genes for major depressive disorder in a Dutch cohortEva C Verbeek
Department of Clinical Genetics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e79921. 2013..Many of the top signals of this GWAS mapped to a region spanning the gene PCLO, and the non-synonymous coding single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs2522833 in the PCLO gene became genome wide ..
- Aczonin, a 550-kD putative scaffolding protein of presynaptic active zones, shares homology regions with Rim and Bassoon and binds profilinX Wang
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Cell Biol 147:151-62. 1999..We report the identification and initial characterization of aczonin, a neuron-specific 550-kD protein concentrated at the presynaptic active zone and associated with a detergent-..
- Acetazolamide vasoreactivity in persistent vegetative state and vascular dementia evaluated by transcranial harmonic perfusion imaging and Doppler sonographyT Shiogai
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Kyoto Takeda Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 87:63-9. 2003..cerebral cognitive impairments between persistent vegetative state (PVS) and vascular dementia (VD), we evaluated acetazolamide (ACZ) vasoreactivity testing by transcranial harmonic perfusion imaging (HPI) and Doppler sonography (TCD).
- Acetazolamide protects against posthypoxic unstable breathing in the C57BL/6J mouseMotoo Yamauchi
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 103:1263-8. 2007Acetazolamide (Acz), a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, is used to manage periodic breathing associated with altitude and with heart failure...
- Fragmin60 encodes an actin-binding protein with a C2 domain and controls actin Thr-203 phosphorylation in Physarum plasmodia and sclerotiaTatyana Sklyarova
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, Rommelaere Institute, Albert Baertsoenkaai 3, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Biol Chem 277:39840-9. 2002..gelsolin-related proteins, fragmin60 contains a unique N-terminal domain that shows similarity with C2 domains of aczonin, protein kinase C, and synaptotagmins...
- Calcium channels link the muscle-derived synapse organizer laminin β2 to Bassoon and CAST/Erc2 to organize presynaptic active zonesJie Chen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and Kansas Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center, University of Kansas Medical School, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Neurosci 31:512-25. 2011..These results suggest that presynaptic VDCCs link the target-derived synapse organizer laminin β2 to active-zone proteins and function as scaffolding proteins to anchor active-zone proteins to the presynaptic membrane...
- Acetazolamide prevents hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction in conscious dogsClaudia Höhne
Experimentelle Anaesthesie, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Appl Physiol (1985) 97:515-21. 2004..We studied whether CA inhibition by acetazolamide (Acz) is able to prevent HPV in the unanesthetized animal...
- Usefulness of rate of increase in SPECT counts in one-day method of N-isopropyl-4-iodoamphetamine [123I] SPECT studies at rest and after acetazolamide challenge using a method for estimating time-dependent distribution at restYoshifumi Kawamura
Department of Radiology, Jichi Medical University Hospital, 311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 22:457-63. 2008..123)I-IMP) single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) studies at rest and after acetazolamide (ACZ) challenge are conducted in a day, the time-dependent change in IMP in the brain at rest should be estimated ..
- Constant-infusion H(2)15O PET and acetazolamide challenge in the assessment of cerebral perfusion statusBruno Weber
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 45:1344-50. 2004Assessing the baseline perfusion and perfusion reserve after acetazolamide (ACZ) challenge is a common method for the evaluation of patients with cerebrovascular disease...
- Culturable heterotrophic bacteria in seawater and Mytilus galloprovincialis from a Mediterranean area (Northern Ionian Sea-Italy)R A Cavallo
Sezione di Taranto CNR, Istituto per l Ambiente Marino Costiero, via Roma 3, 74100 Taranto, Italy
Environ Monit Assess 149:465-75. 2009..The results obtained contribute to improve the knowledge on both the bacterial abundance and diversity in mussels and the surrounding seawater in the Northern Ionian Sea...
- Acetazolamide for Monge's disease: efficiency and tolerance of 6-month treatmentJean Paul Richalet
Universite Paris 13, Laboratoire Réponses Cellulaires et Fonctionnelles à l Hypoxie, EA 2363, ARPE, UFR SMBH, Bobigny, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:1370-6. 2008..It has a considerable impact on public health in high-altitude regions. A preliminary study demonstrated the efficiency of acetazolamide (Acz) (250 mg/d for 3 wk) in reducing serum erythropoietin and hematocrit.
- Synaptic organization in cochlear inner hair cells deficient for the CaV1.3 (alpha1D) subunit of L-type Ca2+ channelsR M Nemzou N
Department of Otolaryngology and Center for Molecular Physiology of the Brain, University of Gottingen Medical School, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
Neuroscience 141:1849-60. 2006..Ca(V)1.3 channels seem not to be essential for ribbon synapse formation, but are required for the maintenance of ribbon synapses and spiral ganglion neurons...
- Acetazolamide: future perspective in topical glaucoma therapeuticsIndu Pal Kaur
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Int J Pharm 248:1-14. 2002Through this review it is contemplated that acetazolamide (ACZ), an age-old treatment for glaucoma with a myriad of side effects and inadequate topical effectiveness, may be formulated into a topically effective agent by utilizing ..
- Judgment algorithm for periodicity of time series data based on Bayesian information criterionDaisuke Tominaga
Computational Biology Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 2 42, Aomi, Koto, Tokyo 135 0064, Japan
J Bioinform Comput Biol 6:747-57. 2008..Our method, named "Piccolo", shows higher sensitivity than the simple DFT (without BIC) method with reproducibility, and can be fully automated...
- Validation of the dual-table autoradiographic method to quantify two sequential rCBFs in a single SPET session with N-isopropyl-[123I] p-iodoamphetamineSadahiko Nishizawa
Biomedical Imaging Research Center, Fukui Medical University, Fukui, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:943-50. 2003..ARG) method to calculate regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) sequentially before and after an acetazolamide (ACZ) challenge in a single session of single-photon emission tomography (SPET) with two injections of N-isopropyl-[(123)..
- The effects of sildenafil and acetazolamide on breathing efficiency and ventilatory control during hypoxic exerciseSophie Lalande
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 106:509-15. 2009..their sea level peak oxygen uptake (VO(2)) while randomly receiving sildenafil 40 mg (SIL), acetazolamide 125 mg (ACZ) or a placebo (PLA)...
- Usefulness of brain SPECT to evaluate brain tolerance and hemodynamic changes during temporary balloon occlusion test and after permanent carotid occlusionYoshifumi Sugawara
Department of Radiology, Ehime University School of Medicine, Onsen gun, Japan
J Nucl Med 43:1616-23. 2002....
- [Impaired cerebral autoregulation in asymptomatic patients with carotid artery stenosis: comparison of acetazolamide-SPECT and transcranial CO(2)-dopplersonography]M Engelhardt
Klinik für Gefäss und Thoraxchirurgie, Zentralklinikum Augsburg, Augsburg
Zentralbl Chir 129:178-82. 2004..of impaired autoregulation in asymptomatic patients with acetazolamide-single photon emission computed tomography (ACZ-SPECT) and transcranial CO (2)-dopplersonography (CO (2)-TCD)...
- Clinical significance of cerebrovascular reserve in acetazolamide challenge -comparison with acetazolamide challenge H2O-PET and Gas-PETMasao Imaizumi
Division of Nuclear Medicine and Tracer Kinetics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 18:369-74. 2004The response of cerebral blood flow (CBF) to acetazolamide (ACZ) challenge is frequently determined in clinical settings to evaluate cerebrovascular reserve (CVR)...
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Piccolo NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex requires the Enhancer of Polycomb A domain and chromodomain to acetylate nucleosomesWilliam Selleck
Center for Gene Regulation, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 108 Althouse Laboratory, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802 1014, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:5535-42. 2005..However, the chromodomain is not required for Piccolo to bind to nucleosomes, suggesting a role for the chromodomain in a catalysis step after nucleosome binding...
- Use of technetium-99m hexamethylpropylene amine oxime SPET for the study of cerebral blood flow reactivity after acetazolamide infusion in patients with Behçet's diseaseA Pupi
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, Careggi Hospital, University of Florence, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med 27:700-6. 2000..using hexamethylpropylene amine oxime single-photon emission tomography in conjunction with acetazolamide test (Acz SPET). Eleven patients underwent both baseline and Acz SPET...
- Acetazolamide vasoreactivity evaluated by transcranial harmonic perfusion imaging: relationship with transcranial Doppler sonography and dynamic CTT Shiogai
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Kyoto Takeda Hospital, Nishinanajo, Kyoto, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:57-62. 2003..and clinical significance of transcranial ultrasonic harmonic perfusion imaging (HPI), we evaluated HPI's relationships with transcranial Doppler (TCD) and with dynamic CT (DCT), during acetazolamide (ACZ) vasoreactivity tests.
- Acetazolamide affects breathing differently in ICR and C57 miceEvelyn Schlenker
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, University of South Dakota School of Medicine, Vermillion, 57069, USA
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 152:119-27. 2006Acetazolamide (ACZ) administration was compared on ventilation in outbred male ICR Swiss Webster (ICR) and inbred C57BL/6J (C57) mice, used in development of transgenic strains...
- Ultrastructural localization of active zone and synaptic vesicle proteins in a preassembled multi-vesicle transport aggregateJ H Tao-Cheng
NINDS EM Facility, NIH, Building 49, Room 3A50, Bethesda, MD 20892 4477, USA
Neuroscience 150:575-84. 2007..The present findings provide the first ultrastructural evidence localizing various AZ and SV proteins in a preassembled multi-vesicle transport aggregate that has the potential to quickly form a functional active zone...
- Effect of acetazolamide on ventilatory response in subjects with chronic mountain sicknessMaria Rivera-Ch
Departamento de Ciencias Biológicas y Fisiológicas, Facultad de Ciencias y Filosofia, Instituto de Investigaciones de Altura, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Av Honorio Delgado 430, Lima 31, Peru
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 162:184-9. 2008Although the effects of acetazolamide (ACZ) on ventilation during acute mountain sickness are well known, there are no studies assessing its effect on ventilatory response in chronic hypoxia...
- Rim1 and rabphilin-3 bind Rab3-GTP by composite determinants partially related through N-terminal alpha -helix motifsX Wang
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, and Biaffin GmbH and Co KG, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum D 44780, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:32480-8. 2001..In contrast, an N-terminal alpha-helix motif in aczonin, with sequence similarity to the Rab3-binding site of Rim1, did not bind Rab3A, -C, or -D or several other Rab ..
- O-linked N-acetylglucosamine proteomics of postsynaptic density preparations using lectin weak affinity chromatography and mass spectrometryKeith Vosseller
Mass Spectrometry Facility, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:923-34. 2006....
- Study of cerebrovascular reserve capacity by magnetic resonance perfusion weighted imaging and photoacoustic imagingQuan Zhou
Medical Imaging Center, First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Magn Reson Imaging 27:155-62. 2009..5-T whole-body MR system before and after oral administration of acetazolamide (ACZ)...
- Genes and molecules that can potentiate or attenuate psychostimulant dependence: relevance of data from animal models to human addictionMinae Niwa
Department of Chemical Pharmacology, Meijo University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1141:76-95. 2008..Exploration of the roles that candidate molecules play in an appropriate repertoire of animal behavioral models, especially drug self-administration and extensions thereof, should thus help us to understand human stimulant dependence...
- Bioinformatics analysis of alternative splicingChristopher Lee
Molecular Biology Institute, Center for Genomics and Proteomics, Dept of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA
Brief Bioinform 6:23-33. 2005..Common to many bioinformatics studies is a new emphasis on graph representations of alternative splicing structures, which have many advantages for analysis...
- Early effects of acetazolamide on anionic activities of the guinea pig endolymph: evidence for active function of carbonic anhydrase in the cochleaK Ikeda
Department of Otolaryngology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Hear Res 31:211-6. 1987The effect of acetazolamide (ACZ) on HCO3- and Cl- activities in inner ear fluid was investigated by ion-selective microelectrode methods. The endocochlear potential, at 81.6 +/- 1.5 mV under normal conditions, was reduced by 4.9 +/- 0...
- [The effect of angioplasty on cerebral vasomotor reactivity in patients with important stenosis of the internal carotid artery]C Arenas
, , Sevilla
Rev Neurol 24:224-6. 1996..MATERIALS AND METHODS: Using transcranial doppler (TCD) with acetazolamide (ACZ) as a vasodilatory stimulus, we assessed vasomotor reactivity (VR and pulsatility index (Pl) both before and three ..
- Cerebral hemodynamics in CADASIL before and after acetazolamide challenge assessed with MRI bolus trackingH Chabriat
Department of Neurology, CHU Lariboisière, Universite Paris VII, France
Stroke 31:1904-12. 2000..Although chronic ischemia is presumed to cause the tissue lesions, the pattern of perfusion abnormalities and hemodynamic reserve in CADASIL, particularly within the white matter, remains unknown...
- Assessment of cerebral perfusion and cerebrovascular reserve in insulin-dependent diabetic patients without central neurological symptoms by means of 99mTc-HMPAO SPET with acetazolamideJ F Jimenez-Bonilla
Nuclear Medicine Service, University Hospital Marques de Valdecilla, Avda Valdecilla s n, 39008 Santander, Spain
Eur J Nucl Med 28:1647-55. 2001..was acquired after activation of the cerebrovascular reserve (CVR) with an injection of 1 g of acetazolamide (post-ACZ SPET)...
- Relationship between vasodilatation and cerebral blood flow increase in impaired hemodynamics: a PET study with the acetazolamide test in cerebrovascular diseaseHidehiko Okazawa
PET Unit, Research Institute, Shiga Medical Center, Moriyama, Japan
J Nucl Med 44:1875-83. 2003The changes in cerebral blood flow (CBF) and arterial-to-capillary blood volume (V(0)) induced by acetazolamide (ACZ) are expected to be parallel each other in the normal circulation; however, it has not been proven that the same changes ..
- Spectral analysis of 99mTc-HMPAO for estimating cerebral blood flow: a comparison with H2(15)O PETMasashi Takasawa
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Tracer Kinetics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 18:243-9. 2004..healthy volunteers, the BPI was examined at rest and after the intravenous administration of 1 g of acetazolamide (ACZ)...
- Dynamic cerebral autoregulation and cerebrovascular reactivity: a comparative study in lacunar infarct patientsE D Gommer
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Physiol Meas 29:1293-303. 2008..simultaneously evaluate dCA before and shortly after cerebral vasodilatation evoked by infusion of acetazolamide (ACZ). It was questioned if and to what degree dCA was changed after ACZ infusion...
- Development, in vitro and in vivo characterization of Eudragit RL 100 nanoparticles for improved ocular bioavailability of acetazolamideParmanand Verma
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
Drug Deliv 20:269-76. 2013..Acetazolamide (ACZ) is used to treat glaucoma since long back...
- Liver function testing on the Abaxis Piccolo Xpress: Use in Ebola virus disease protocolsWilliam E Owen
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, 500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Clin Chim Acta 446:119-27. 2015..Our final objective was to assess instrument airflow from a biosafety perspective...
- Ecotoxicological effects of sediments from Mar Piccolo, South Italy: toxicity testing with organisms from different trophic levelsElisa Costa
CNR Institute of Marine Sciences ISMAR, Arsenale Tesa 104, Castello 2737 f, 30122, Venezia, VE, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 23:12755-69. 2016..The results of this study suggest a very complex contaminants dynamic in the Mar Piccolo sediments that, despite a strong level of contamination, seems to not affect in a proportional manner the biological compartment. ..
- Whole exome sequencing of relapsed/refractory patients expands the repertoire of somatic mutations in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaSylvain Mareschal
Inserm U918, Centre Henri Becquerel, Rouen, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 55:251-67. 2016..Moreover, it highlighted mutations in genes such as GNA13, CARD11, MFHAS1, and PCLO as associated with secondary variant allele amplification events...
- Hemodialysis outcomes in a global sample of children and young adult hemodialysis patients: the PICCOLO MONDO cohortMaria Ferris
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kidney Center, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Clin Kidney J 9:295-302. 2016..The aim of this study was to describe the experience of pediatric and young adult hemodialysis (HD) patients from a global cohort...
- Sediment pollution and dynamic in the Mar Piccolo of Taranto (southern Italy): insights from bottom sediment traps and surficial sedimentsLuca Giorgio Bellucci
National Research Council Institute of Marine Sciences CNR ISMAR, Via Gobetti 101, Bologna, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 23:12554-65. 2016..This mechanism deserves further investigation and monitoring activities, potentially being the main responsible of pollutant delivering to the less contaminated sectors of the Mar Piccolo. ..
- Assessment of cerebral blood perfusion reserve with acetazolamide using 3D spiral ASL MRI: Preliminary experience in pediatric patientsHouchun H Hu
Department of Medical Imaging and Radiology, Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ, USA Electronic address
Magn Reson Imaging 35:132-140. 2017..spiral 3D pseudo-continuous arterial spin labeling (pCASL) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) pulse sequence in pediatric patients in quantifying cerebral blood flow (CBF) response to an acetazolamide (ACZ) vasodilator challenge.
- Trio, a Rho Family GEF, Interacts with the Presynaptic Active Zone Proteins Piccolo and BassoonRyan T Terry-Lorenzo
Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Nancy Pritzker Laboratory, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0167535. 2016....
- Molecular determinants of presynaptic active zonesC C Garner
Department of Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0021, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 10:321-7. 2000..Munc13, Rim, Bassoon and Piccolo/Aczonin are recently identified presynaptic cytomatrix proteins...
- Language and motor controlM Gentilucci
Istituto di Fisiologia Umana, Universita di Parma, Italy
Exp Brain Res 133:468-90. 2000..They are discussed according to the notion that a strict relation between language and motor control exists, and that the frontal cortex can be involved in interactions between automatic word reading and visuo-motor transformation...
- Hypoperfusion following encephalitis: SPECT with acetazolamideM Okamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka National Hospital, Hoenzaka, Chuo Ku, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Neurol 8:471-4. 2001..following initial symptoms, we performed single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) with acetazolamide (ACZ) testing in a patient recovering from acute encephalitis, possibly acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM)...
- Evaluation of delayed appearance of acetazolamide effect in patients with chronic cerebrovascular ischemic disease: feasibility and usefulness of SPECT method using triple injection of ECDMasaji Murakami
Department of Neurosurgery, Cerebrovascular Center, Saiseikai Kumamoto Hospital, Onoue, Kumamoto, Japan
J Nucl Med 43:577-83. 2002..and usefulness of a new SPECT method, called triple injection of (99m)Tc-ethylcysteinate dimer (TIE), in evaluation of the delayed or poor appearance of acetazolamide (ACZ) effects in patients with chronic cerebral ischemic disease.
- Piccolo, a Ca2+ sensor in pancreatic beta-cells. Involvement of cAMP-GEFII.Rim2. Piccolo complex in cAMP-dependent exocytosisKei Fujimoto
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:50497-502. 2002..Rim2. Piccolo complex is important in cAMP-induced insulin secretion. In addition, this study suggests that CAZ proteins similar to those in neurons are also function in pancreatic beta-cells...
- Acetazolamide vasoreactivity in vascular dementia and persistent vegetative state evaluated by transcranial harmonic perfusion imaging and Doppler sonographyT Shiogai
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Kyoto Takeda Hospital, Minami kinuta cho 11, Nishi nanajo, Shimogyo ku, Kyoto 600 8884, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 977:445-53. 2002..impairments between vascular dementia (VaD) and persistent vegetative state (PVS), we evaluated acetazolamide (ACZ) vasoreactivity testing by transcranial harmonic perfusion imaging (HPI) and Doppler sonography (TCD)...
- [Development of quantification analysis software for measuring regional cerebral blood flow by the modified split-dose method with (123)I-IMP before and after acetazolamide loading]Akio Nagaki
Department of Radiology, Kurashiki Central Hospital
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 59:1573-9. 2003..analysis software program for measuring regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) at rest and under acetazolamide (ACZ) stress by the modified split-dose (MSD) method with iodine-123 N-isopropyl-p-iodoamphetamine (IMP) and compared ..
- Degradation and effects of the potential mosquito larvicides methazolamide and acetazolamide in sheepshead minnow (Cyprinodon variegatus)Maria del Pilar Corena
The Whitney Laboratory, University of Florida, St Augustine, FL 32080, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 64:369-76. 2006..as larvicides, the decomposition and degradation of samples containing methazolamide (MTZ) and acetazolamide (ACZ) in aqueous solution were monitored under different conditions...
- Activity-related redistribution of presynaptic proteins at the active zoneJ H Tao-Cheng
Electron Microscopy Facility, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Building 49, Room 3A50, Bethesda, MD 40892, USA
Neuroscience 141:1217-24. 2006..These results demonstrate that Bassoon and Piccolo are stable components of the active zone while RIM 1, synapsin I and synuclein undergo dynamic redistribution with synaptic activity...
- Heavy metals in marine sediments from the Mar Piccolo of Taranto (Ionian Sea, southern Italy)Nicola Cardellicchio
C N R Istituto per l Ambiente Marino Costiero, via Roma 3, 74100 Taranto, Italy
Ann Chim 96:727-41. 2006....
- Prostate cancer--to screen, or not to screen, is that the question?Charles J Rosser
Department of Urology and Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
BMC Urol 8:20. 2008..anxiously await the results of two large prospective randomized clinical trials (Prostate, Lung, Colon, and Ovary-PCLO screening trial in the US and European Randomized Study of Screening for Prostate Cancer-ERSPC in Europe) assessing ..
- Decrease of intracellular pH as possible mechanism of embryotoxicity of glycol ether alkoxyacetic acid metabolitesJochem Louisse
Division of Toxicology, Wageningen University, Tuinlaan 5, 6703 HE Wageningen, The Netherlands
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 245:236-43. 2010..embryotoxicity similar to the mechanism of embryotoxicity of the drugs valproic acid and acetazolamide (ACZ), known to decrease the pH(i)in vivo, and therefore used as positive controls...
- Effects of operational conditions on the supercritical solvent impregnation of acetazolamide in Balafilcon A commercial contact lensesMara E M Braga
CIEPQPF, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Coimbra, Pólo II Pinhal de Marrocos, Rua Sílvio Lima, 3030 790 Coimbra, Portugal
Int J Pharm 420:231-43. 2011..solvent impregnation (SSI) process using a scCO(2)+EtOH (5% molar) solvent mixture to impregnate acetazolamide (ACZ) into commercially available silicone-based soft contact lenses (Balafilcon A, Pure Vision, Bausch & Lomb)...
- Effects of acetazolamide on cerebrovascular function and breathing stability at 5050 mJui Lin Fan
Department of Physiology, Otago School of Medical Science, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Physiol 590:1213-25. 2012One of the many actions of the carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, acetazolamide (ACZ), is to accelerate acclimatisation and reduce periodic breathing during sleep...
- The prediction of gross motor outcome using cerebrovascular reserve measured by acetazolamide-challenged SPECTSoon Ah Park
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Institute of Wonkwang Medical Science, Wonkwang University College of Medicine and Hospital, Iksan, Korea
NeuroRehabilitation 30:359-67. 2012..The CVR was measured as the difference in the regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) after acetazolamide (ACZ)-challenged(99m)Tc-ECD perfusion SPECT from baseline rCBF. All 22 hemiplegic patients (mean age, 60...
- Life-cycle traits of Paraleucilla magna, a calcareous sponge invasive in a coastal Mediterranean BasinCaterina Longo
Dipartimento di Biologia, Università di Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e42392. 2012..This r-strategy enables the non-indigenous sponge to achieve a high degree of maintenance over relatively long periods (ten years at least)...
- Late recruitment of synapsin to nascent synapses is regulated by Cdk5Courtney Easley-Neal
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Cell Rep 3:1199-212. 2013..Importantly, cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (Cdk5) specifically regulated the late recruitment of synapsin transport packets at synapses. These results point to additional layers of complexity in the established mechanisms of synaptogenesis...
- Comparison of acetazolamide, brimonidine, and anterior chamber paracentesis for ocular hypertension control after initial intravitreal bevacizumab injection: a randomized clinical trialBianka Y N Y Katayama
Department of Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, School of Medicine of Ribeirão Preto USP, Ribeirao Preto SP, Brazil Macular Imaging and Treatment Division, Hospital de Olhos Araraquara, Araraquara SP, Brazil
J Glaucoma 23:461-3. 2014To evaluate the effects of oral acetazolamide (ACZ), anterior chamber paracentesis (ACP), or topical brimonidine tartrate (BT) to reduce intraocular pressure (IOP) elevation after intravitreal bevacizumab injection (IVBI).
- Structural and molecular alterations of primary afferent fibres in the spinal dorsal horn in vincristine-induced neuropathy in ratKarine Thibault
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie, CNRS UMR 7637, Ecole Superieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles, 10 rue Vauquelin, 75005, Paris, France
J Mol Neurosci 51:880-92. 2013....
- In vivo knockdown of Piccolino disrupts presynaptic ribbon morphology in mouse photoreceptor synapsesHanna Regus-Leidig
Department of Biology, Animal Physiology, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg Erlangen, Germany
Front Cell Neurosci 8:259. 2014....
- Polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) anaerobic degradation in marine sediments: microcosm study and role of autochthonous microbial communitiesBruna Matturro
Water Research Institute, IRSA CNR, Via Salaria Km 29, 300, Monterotondo, RM, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 23:12613-23. 2016..mccartyi (6.32E+06 16S rRNA gene copy numbers g(-1) sediment), was able to efficiently sustain the biodegradation of PCBs when controlled anaerobic conditions were imposed. ..
- Mobility of heavy metals from polluted sediments of a semi-enclosed basin: in situ benthic chamber experiments in Taranto's Mar Piccolo (Ionian Sea, Southern Italy)Andrea Emili
Departments of Mathematics and Geosciences, University of Trieste, Via Weiss 2, 34128, Trieste, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 23:12582-95. 2016..In particular, metals could be promptly remobilised as a consequence of oxygen depletion, posing a serious concern for the widespread fishing and mussel farming activities in the area. ..
- Site specificity analysis of Piccolo NuA4-mediated acetylation for different histone complexesYin Ming Kuo
Department of Cancer Biology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, U S A
Biochem J 472:239-48. 2015..Such findings provide valuable insight into regulating Piccolo NuA4 specificity by modulating chromatin dynamics and in turn manipulating gene expression. ..
- Studies of normal and position-affected expression of rosy region genes in Drosophila melanogasterS H Clark
Genetics 114:819-40. 1986..Clear distinction is seen between euchromatic and heterochromatic effects...
- Acetazolamide reduces exercise capacity and increases leg fatigue under hypoxic conditionsLuke A Garske
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
J Appl Physiol 94:991-6. 2003Acetazolamide (Acz) is used at altitude to prevent acute mountain sickness, but its effect on exercise capacity under hypoxic conditions is uncertain. Nine healthy men completed this double-blind, randomized, crossover study...
- Unitary assembly of presynaptic active zones from Piccolo-Bassoon transport vesiclesMika Shapira
Rappaport Institute and Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Neuron 38:237-52. 2003..These findings suggest that AZs are assembled from unitary amounts of AZ material carried on PTVs...
- Evaluation of cerebral vascular reserve by single photon emission tomography in children with congenital hydrocephalusA Pratap
The Department of Paediatric Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Eur J Pediatr Surg 13:87-91. 2003..is used to measure cerebral blood flow (CBF) and also cerebral vascular reserve (CVR) after intravenous acetazolamide (ACZ) challenge. This prospective study was designed to test the utility of CVR in congenital hydrocephalus (CHC).
- Hypercapnic impairment of neuromuscular function is related to afferent depressionMatthew D Beekley
Department of Physical Education, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY 10996, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 91:105-10. 2004Acetazolamide (ACZ), a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, results in altered neuromuscular function secondary to depressed afferent transmission in intact humans. One effect of ACZ is hypercapnia...
- Prediction of cerebral blood flow restoration after extracranial-intracranial bypass surgery using superficial temporal artery duplex ultrasonography (STDU)T Inoue
Department of Neurosurgery, Cerebrovascular Center and Clinical Research Institute, National Hospital Organization Kyushu Medical Center, Fukuoka, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 94:159-63. 2005..Regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) and acetazolamide (ACZ) reactivity of ipsilateral MCA territory were evaluated by quantitative single photon emission computed tomography...
- Altered gene expression in the amygdala in schizophrenia: up-regulation of genes located in the cytomatrix active zoneJudith Weidenhofer
Neuroscience Institute of Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders NISAD, NSW, Australia
Mol Cell Neurosci 31:243-50. 2006..These results implicate for the first time the dysfunction of the cytomatrix active zone of synapses in the amygdala in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia...
- Correlation between severity of carotid stenosis and vascular reserve measured by acetazolamide brain perfusion single photon emission computed tomographyNoriaki Tomura
Department of Neuroradiology, Southern Tohoku Research Institute for Neuroscience, Southern Tohoku General Hospital, Koriyama City, Japan
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 22:166-70. 2013..photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) in the resting state and (123)IMP-SPECT with acetazolamide (ACZ) enhancement were performed...
- Active zones of mammalian neuromuscular junctions: formation, density, and agingHiroshi Nishimune
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical School, Kansas City, 66160, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1274:24-32. 2012..However, active zones become impaired during aging. Propitiously, muscle exercise ameliorates the active zone impairment in aged NMJs, which suggests the potential for therapeutic strategies...
- Preparation and evaluation of sustained release calcium alginate beads and matrix tablets of acetazolamideM Barzegar-Jalali
Biotechnology Research Center Tabriz University of Medical Science, Tabriz, Iran
Drug Res (Stuttg) 63:60-4. 2013The aim of this study was to develop sustained release dosage forms of acetazolamide (ACZ) preparing its calcium alginate beads and matrix tablets. ACZ was incorporated into calcium alginate beads using microencapsulation method...
- Monitoring of brain tissue perfusion utilizing a transducer holder for transcranial color duplex sonographyToshiyuki Shiogai
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Kyoto Takeda Hospital, Shimogyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 118:229-33. 2013..The objective is to clarify the clinical usefulness of and identify problems with TCDS monitoring in the evaluation of brain tissue perfusion...
- Characterization, dissolution and in vivo evaluation of solid acetazolamide complexesMaria J Mora
Departamento de Farmacia, UNITEFA, CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba, X5000HUA, Argentina
Carbohydr Polym 98:380-90. 2013The effects of binary and ternary systems of acetazolamide (ACZ) with hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HP-β-CD) alone or with triethanolamine (TEA) on the crystalline properties, dissolution and intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering effect ..
- Preserved acetazolamide reactivity in lacunar patients with severe white-matter lesions: 15O-labeled gas and H2O positron emission tomography studiesTomohisa Nezu
Department of Cerebrovascular Medicine, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Japan
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 32:844-50. 2012..autoradiography was performed with (15)O-labeled gas-PET followed by (15)O-labeled water-PET with acetazolamide (ACZ) challenge. Compared with the mild WML group, the severe WML group showed lower CBF (20.6±4.4 versus 29.9±8...
- Genotype distributions and allele frequencies of possible major depressive disorder-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms, cyclic adenosine monophosphate response element binding protein 1 rs4675690 and Piccolo rs2522833, in a Japanese populationKazuyuki Inoue
Department Clinical Pharmacology and Genetics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 35:265-8. 2012..focused on the role of cyclic adenosine monophosphate response element binding protein 1 (CREB1) and Piccolo (PCLO) on MDD...
- Discovery and prioritization of somatic mutations in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) by whole-exome sequencingJens G Lohr
Eli and Edythe Broad Institute, Cambridge, MA 02412, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3879-84. 2012..These genes include MEF2B, MLL2, BTG1, GNA13, ACTB, P2RY8, PCLO, and TNFRSF14...
- Anesthesia in patient with shrinking lung syndrome: case reportSilvia Piccolo-Daher
Universidade de Brasilia UnB
Rev Bras Anestesiol 62:274-80. 2012..Due to its rarity, there is a limited number of publications on the subject. The objective of this report is to present the case of a patient with SLS who underwent incisional hernia repair under epidural anesthesia...
- A fine-mapping study of 7 top scoring genes from a GWAS for major depressive disorderEva C Verbeek
Department of Clinical Genetics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e37384. 2012..A non-synonymous coding single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs2522833 in the PCLO gene became only nominally significant after post-hoc analysis with an Australian cohort which used similar ..
- Inflammation-Mediated Regulation of MicroRNA Expression in Transplanted Pancreatic IsletsValia Bravo-Egana
Diabetes Research Institute, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
J Transplant 2012:723614. 2012..of miR-21 in insulin-secreting MIN6 cells downregulated endogenous expression of the tumor suppressor Pdcd4 and of Pclo, a Ca(2+) sensor protein involved in insulin secretion. Bioinformatics identified both as potential targets...
- Bassoon, a novel zinc-finger CAG/glutamine-repeat protein selectively localized at the active zone of presynaptic nerve terminalsS tom Dieck
Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, D 39118 Magdeburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 142:499-509. 1998..These data indicate that Bassoon is a strong candidate to be involved in cytomatrix organization at the site of neurotransmitter release...
- Forearm muscle metabolism studied using (31)P-MRS during progressive exercise to fatigue after Acz administrationJ M Kowalchuk
The Centre for Activity and Ageing, School of Kinesiology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 3K7
J Appl Physiol (1985) 89:200-9. 2000The effects of acetazolamide (Acz)-induced carbonic anhydrase inhibition (CAI) on muscle intracellular thresholds (T) for intracellular pH (pH(i)) and inorganic phosphate-to-phosphate creatine ratio (P(i)/PCr) and the plasma lactate (La(-..
- An unusual C(2)-domain in the active-zone protein piccolo: implications for Ca(2+) regulation of neurotransmitter releaseS H Gerber
Center for Basic Neuroscience, Department of Molecular Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
EMBO J 20:1605-19. 2001..However, no low-affinity Ca(2+) sensor has been identified at the synapse. We now show that piccolo/aczonin, a recently described active-zone protein with C-terminal C(2)A- and C(2)B-domains, constitutes a presynaptic low-..
- Genetic and molecular characterization of a variegating hsp70-acZ fusion gene in the euchromatic 31 B region of Drosophila melanogasterP Morcillo
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Genome 44:698-707. 2001..However, other modifiers of PEV did not affect the expression pattern of the gene. These results show a novel euchromatic tissue-specific variegation that is not associated with classical heterochromatic PEV...
- GENETIC & ENVIRONMENT DETERMINANTS OF SMOKING CESSATIONPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Major Depression: Stage 1 Genomewide Association in Population-Based SamplesPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is arguably the best and most comprehensive sample collection for MDD in the world. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dichlorphenamide vs Acetazolamide for Periodic ParalysisRobert C Griggs; Fiscal Year: 2010..This grant was awarded because the carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (CAI) acetazolamide (ACZ) and dichlorphenamide (DCP) have been used in the periodic paralyses (PP) for many years but there is uncertainty ..
- PLAN FOR TRIAL OF DICHLORPHENAMIDE IN PERIODIC PARALYSISROBERT GRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2001..randomized controlled vials that will test the hypotheses that (1) dichlorphenamide (DCP) and acetazolamide (ACZ) will decrease attacks of weakness in hypokalemic periodic paralysis (hypoKPP); and hyperkalemic periodic paralyses ..
- Conditional Inactivation of Synaptic proteins in transgenic miceCraig C Garner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF GENE REGULATORY COMPLEXESSong Tan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our biochemical studies using defined components will complement the considerable available in vivo data by addressing mechanistic questions not easily tackled by other approaches. ..
- Identification of Candidate Genes at the Synapse in Autism Spectrum DisordersABHA RANI GUPTA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Gupta identified Piccolo (PCLO) as a candidate gene when it was found to be transected by a chromosomal inversion in a patient with ASD...
- KATHALEEN M O'CONNOR-GILES; Fiscal Year: 2016..Finally, we propose a novel, highly efficient genetic screen that takes advantage of neuronally derived female sterility in fife mutants to identify functional interactors that may be inaccessible to proteomic identification (Aim 2C). ..
- Genomic Profiling and Functional Mutation Analysis in Autism Spectrum DisordersMATTHEW W contact STATE; Fiscal Year: 2010..and functional analysis of Contactin Associated Protein 2 (CNTNAP2) as well as the presynaptic cytomatrix protein Piccolo (PCLO), in an effort to clarify their roles in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)...
- ASSEMBLING THE PRESYNAPTIC JUNCTIONCraig Garner; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are critical to the understanding of how synapses are formed during normal development, as well as in developmental disorders and degenerative diseases. ..
- Structural Characterization of the NuA4 Histone Acetyltransferase ComplexJOHNATHAN ROBERT CHITTULURU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies (like this one) of fundamentally important cellular processes related to cancer contribute greatly to the body of fundamental knowledge required to design effective cancer therapies. ..
- Synaptic-GFP Tags for ZebrafishMichael Nonet; Fiscal Year: 2007..elegans active zone tags will permit the visualization of Zebrafish active zones when the analogous Zebrafish protein fusions are expressed in Zebrafish neurons. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Monoclonal Antibody Resources for C. elegansMichael Nonet; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Axon Plasticity and Recovery of Function after Traumatic Brain InjuryNeil Harris; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS CONTROLLING SYNAPTIC FUNCTIONMichael Nonet; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate aim is to integrate the role of the rab3 regulatory machinery seamlessly into a detailed description of the basic mechanisms that underlie the release of neurotransmitter from synaptic terminals. ..
- 2/2 A genome-wide association study to detect genetic variation for schizophreniaPatrick F Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Case-finding efforts could be greatly improved and we could learn far more about how this devastating disease develops. ..
- 1/5-The Psychiatric GWAS Consortium: Integrated & Coordinated GWAS Meta-AnalysesPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the PGC proposes to abide as fully as possible with the NIH's GWAS data sharing policies and we provide a detailed data sharing plan and timetable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Replication of Schizophrenia Associations in CATIEPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that the results of our study will be highly informative and are essential to the field at this critical juncture in the hunt for genes mediating liability to schizophrenia. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microarrays & Proteomics in MZ Twins Discordant for CFSPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, this work could lead to profound changes in the understanding of CFS and resolution of some attendant controversies. ..
- Synaptic Laminin and the Calcium ChannelSTEVEN CARLSON; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- DETECTING SUSCEPTIBILITY LOCI FOR RECURRENT DEPRESSIONPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..