Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PAX7
Description: paired box 7
Alias: HUP1, PAX7B, RMS2, paired box protein Pax-7, PAX7 transcriptional factor, paired box homeotic gene 7, paired domain gene 7
Publications287 found, 100 shown here
- In vivo amplification of the PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR fusion genes in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaF G Barr
Department of Pathology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Hum Mol Genet 5:15-21. 1996..characteristic t(2;13)(q35;q14) or variant t(1;13)(p36;q14) chromosomal translocations generate PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR fusion genes...
- Sclerosing rhabdomyosarcoma in adults: report of four cases of a hyalinizing, matrix-rich variant of rhabdomyosarcoma that may be confused with osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, or angiosarcomaAndrew L Folpe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:1175-83. 2002..Reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction for the ARMS-associated PAX3/FKHR and PAX7/PKHF was also performed on three cases...
- Novel genomic imbalances in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma revealed by comparative genomic hybridization and fluorescence in situ hybridization: an intergroup rhabdomyosarcoma studyJ A Bridge
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3135, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 27:337-44. 2000..Loss of 1p36 corresponds to the locus for PAX7, a paired box containing gene characteristically altered in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma...
- Correlation between histology and PAX/FKHR fusion status in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupDavid M Parham
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:895-901. 2007..ARMS) are characterized by 3 mutually exclusive PAX/FKHR conditions: PAX3/FKHR fusion (present in 60% of cases), PAX7/FKHR fusion (present in 20%), and PAX/FKHR fusion-negativity (present in 20%)...
- Activation of the hedgehog pathway confers a poor prognosis in embryonal and fusion gene-negative alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaA Zibat
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Oncogene 29:6323-30. 2010..chromosomal translocations leading to fusion genes of the forkhead transcription factor FOXO1 and PAX3 or PAX7. The hedgehog (Hh) pathway has been implied in tumor formation and progression of various cancers including RMS...
- The utility of FOXO1 fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded specimens in the diagnosis of alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaErinn Downs-Kelly
Department of Anatomic, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 18:138-43. 2009..neoplasm with unique t(2;13)(q35;q14) or t(1;13)(p36;q14) chromosomal translocations, resulting in PAX3/FOXO1 and PAX7/FOXO1 fusion genes, in approximately 80% of cases...
- Heat stress facilitates the regeneration of injured skeletal muscle in ratsAtsushi Kojima
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae, Kawasaki, 216 8511, Japan
J Orthop Sci 12:74-82. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of heat stress on the regeneration of skeletal muscle injury induced by cardiotoxin...
- Genetic heterogeneity in the alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma subset without typical gene fusionsFrederic G Barr
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 62:4704-10. 2002Previous studies of the PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR gene fusions in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS) indicated that the corresponding fusiontranscripts are not detectable in 20% of ARMS cases...
- Malignant ectomesenchymoma: genetic profile reflects rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiationGiuseppe Floris
Laboratory for Morphology and Molecular Pathology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Diagn Mol Pathol 16:243-8. 2007..the marker chromosome was identified as originating from chromosome 6, and the tumor cells were negative for PAX3/PAX7 disrupting translocations specific for alveolar RMS...
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma of the head and neck region in older adults: genetic characterization and a review of the literatureTaketoshi Yasuda
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3135, USA
Hum Pathol 40:341-8. 2009..prognostic parameter in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma is the identification of PAX3-FOXO1 [t(2;13)(q35;q14)] or PAX7-FOXO1 [t(1;13)(p36;q14)] rearrangements...
- A Drosophila model of the rhabdomyosarcoma initiator PAX7-FKHRRene L Galindo
Division of Pediatric Pathology, Department of Pathology, Children s Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:13439-44. 2006..is an aggressive myogenic-type tumor and a gain-of-function disease, caused by misexpression of the PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR fusion oncoprotein from structurally rearranged chromosomes...
- [Profile of chromosomal imbalances in 10 cases of primary alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma analyzed by comparative genomic hybridization]Qiao Xin Li
Department of Pathology, Xinjiang Medical University, The First Affiliated Hospital, Urumqi 830054, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31:571-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to characterize the profile of chromosomal imbalances of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS)...
- Fusions involving PAX and FOX genes in the molecular pathogenesis of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: recent advancesGabriela E Mercado
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Mol Med 7:47-61. 2007..These translocations form PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR gene fusions, which encode chimeric transcription factors...
- Defining the cooperative genetic changes that temporally drive alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaSarasija Naini
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer Res 68:9583-8. 2008..and most characteristically, reciprocal translocation of loci involving the PAX and FKHR genes, generating the PAX7-FKHR or PAX3-FKHR fusion proteins...
- [Lineage-switching by pluripotent cells derived from adults]F Dieterlen-Lievre
Institut d Embryologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire du CNRS et du College de France, 49 bis, avenue de la Belle Gabrielle, 94736 Nogent sur Marne
J Soc Biol 195:39-46. 2001..This consists in the expression of the Pax7 gene. Pax7-/- mouse muscles have no satellite cells, i.e...
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: is the cell of origin a mesenchymal stem cell?Elizabeth Charytonowicz
School of Exercise Biomedical and Health Science, Edith Cowan University, 100 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup, WA 6027, Australia
Cancer Lett 279:126-36. 2009..Most ARMS tumors have t(2; 13) or t(1; 13) translocations, involving PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR fusion genes, respectively...
- PAX3-FKHR induces morphological change and enhances cellular proliferation and invasion in rhabdomyosarcomaJ Anderson
Unit of Molecular Haematology, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 159:1089-96. 2001..with the characteristic translocations t(2;13)(q35;q14) and t(1;13)(p36;q14), which encode for the PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR fusion oncoproteins respectively...
- Cytogenetic and molecular studies of an unusual case of multiple primary alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas: low-level chromosomal instability and reciprocal translocation t(6;11)Zhiqin Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0588, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 82:58-62. 2007..ARMS) have consistent chromosomal translocation of either t(2;13) or t(1;13), resulting in either PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR gene fusions. However, 20% of the cases diagnosed histologically are negative for these fusion genes...
- Activated satellite cells in medial rectus muscles of patients with strabismusRosalia S Antunes-Foschini
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:215-20. 2008....
- Oestrogen receptors mediate oestrogen-induced increases in post-exercise rat skeletal muscle satellite cellsD L Enns
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 194:81-93. 2008..We investigated whether muscle oestrogen receptors (ORs) mediate this effect through administration of an OR antagonist, ICI 182,780...
- Muscular dystrophy begins early in embryonic development deriving from stem cell loss and disrupted skeletal muscle formationDeborah Merrick
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Dis Model Mech 2:374-88. 2009..5, respectively) exhibit hyperproliferation and apoptosis of Myf5-positive embryonic myoblasts; attrition of Pax7-positive myoblasts in situ; and depletion of total Pax7 protein in late gestation...
- Expression of mRNA for specific fibroblast growth factors associates with that of the myogenic markers MyoD and proliferating cell nuclear antigen in regenerating and overloaded rat plantaris muscleY Tanaka
Laboratory of Human Performance and Fitness, Graduate School of Education, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 194:149-59. 2008....
- Integrated functions of Pax3 and Pax7 in the regulation of proliferation, cell size and myogenic differentiationCharlotte A Collins
Dubowitz Neuromuscular Centre, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e4475. 2009Pax3 and Pax7 are paired-box transcription factors with roles in developmental and adult regenerative myogenesis...
- Functional analysis of homeodomain-containing transcription factor Lbx1 in satellite cells of mouse skeletal muscleShuichi Watanabe
Molecular Embryology, Department of Biosciences, School of Science, Kitasato University, Kanagawa, 228 8555, Japan
J Cell Sci 120:4178-87. 2007..and incomplete myotube formation, concomitantly with the activation of the paired-box transcription factor Pax7 and depression of the myogenic regulatory factor MyoD...
- Pax7 and myogenic progression in skeletal muscle satellite cellsPeter S Zammit
Muscle Cell Biology Group, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London, W12 0NN, UK
J Cell Sci 119:1824-32. 2006..Quiescent satellite cells express the transcription factor Pax7 and when activated, coexpress Pax7 with MyoD. Most then proliferate, downregulate Pax7 and differentiate...
- Predominant expression of alternative PAX3 and PAX7 forms in myogenic and neural tumor cell linesF G Barr
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6082, USA
Cancer Res 59:5443-8. 1999PAX3 and PAX7 are closely related paired box family members expressed during early neural and myogenic development...
- Satellite cells and utrophin are not directly correlated with the degree of skeletal muscle damage in mdx miceAkira Yamane
Department of Pharmacology, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, 2 1 3 Tsurumi, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 8501, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 289:C42-8. 2005..Furthermore, we analyzed the expression levels of the paired box homeotic gene 7 (pax7), m-cadherin (the makers of muscle satellite cells), and utrophin mRNA...
- Plasticity and recovery of skeletal muscle satellite cells during limb regenerationJamie I Morrison
A s, Karolinska Institute, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, von Eulersväg 3, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
FASEB J 24:750-6. 2010..We previously identified a Pax7(+) cell population in skeletal muscle whose progeny have the potential to contribute to the regenerating limb...
- Mice lacking dystrophin or alpha sarcoglycan spontaneously develop embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma with cancer-associated p53 mutations and alternatively spliced or mutant Mdm2 transcriptsKaren Fernandez
Division of Hematology Oncology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Am J Pathol 176:416-34. 2010..No Pax3:Fkhr or Pax7:Fkhr translocation mRNA products were evident in any tumor...
- SVEP1 is a novel marker of activated pre-determined skeletal muscle satellite cellsGabi Shefer
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, 69978, Israel
Stem Cell Rev 6:42-9. 2010..b>Pax7 was used to pinpoint satellite cells situated in their niche on myofibers, and activated satellite cells were ..
- Pax7 is required for the specification of myogenic satellite cellsP Seale
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Cell 102:777-86. 2000The paired box transcription factor Pax7 was isolated by representational difference analysis as a gene specifically expressed in cultured satellite cell-derived myoblasts...
- Oestrogen influence on myogenic satellite cells following downhill running in male rats: a preliminary studyP M Tiidus
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Acta Physiol Scand 184:67-72. 2005..This study examined the effect of oestrogen supplementation in rats on myogenic satellite cell quantities in type I and II muscles following eccentric exercise...
- PAX genes and human neural tube defects: an amino acid substitution in PAX1 in a patient with spina bifidaF A Hol
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Med Genet 33:655-60. 1996..To investigate the role of PAX1, PAX3, PAX7, and PAX9, allelic association studies were performed in 79 sporadic and 38 familial NTD patients from the Dutch ..
- Temporally regulated neural crest transcription factors distinguish neuroectodermal tumors of varying malignancy and differentiationTimothy R Gershon
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neoplasia 7:575-84. 2005..We examined the expression of transcription factors PAX3, PAX7, AP-2alpha, and SOX10 in human embryos and neuroectodermal tumors: neurofibroma, schwannoma, neuroblastoma, ..
- BDNF is expressed in skeletal muscle satellite cells and inhibits myogenic differentiationKambiz Mousavi
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Center for Neuromuscular Disease, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8M5, Canada
J Neurosci 26:5739-49. 2006..Additionally, BDNF was expressed in Pax7+ satellite cells where it colocalized with p75NTR...
- Temperature influences the coordinated expression of myogenic regulatory factors during embryonic myogenesis in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)Daniel J Macqueen
Gatty Marine Laboratory, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 8LB, UK
J Exp Biol 210:2781-94. 2007..data in the context of known muscle fibre differentiation events, the expression of slow myosin light chain-1 and Pax7 were also investigated...
- Paclitaxel prodrugs with sustained release and high solubility in poly(ethylene glycol)-b-poly(epsilon-caprolactone) micelle nanocarriers: pharmacokinetic disposition, tolerability, and cytotoxicityM Laird Forrest
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Simons Labs, Lawrence, KS 66047 3729, USA
Pharm Res 25:194-206. 2008....
- Subcellular localization of the inducible Chlorella HUP1 monosaccharide-H+ symporter and cloning of a Co-induced galactose-H+ symporterR Stadler
Lehrstuhl für Zellbiologie und Pflanzenphysiologie, Universitat Regensburg, Germany
Plant Physiol 107:33-41. 1995..The gene coding for the inducible HUP1 monosaccharide-H+ symporter has been cloned and the protein has been characterized previously...
- Structural characterization of the FKHR gene and its rearrangement in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaR J Davis
Department of Pathology and Labortory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania of Medicine, Phildelphia 19104 6082, USA
Hum Mol Genet 4:2355-62. 1995The FKHR gene, which contains a forkhead DNA-binding motif, is fused to either PAX3 or PAX7 by the t(2;13) or t(1;13) translocation in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma,respectively...
- Pax genes in development and maturation of the vertebrate visual system: implications for optic nerve regenerationM R Ziman
Department of Zoology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
Histol Histopathol 16:239-49. 2001..During development Pax7 is expressed in neuronal cells of one of the major visual targets in the brain, the optic tectum/superior ..
- Proliferative and apoptotic differences between alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma subtypes: a comparative study of tumors containing PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR gene fusionsM H Collins
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 37:83-9. 2001..common translocation fuses the PAX3 and FKHR genes; patients who have PAX3-FKHR-positive ARMS have reduced event-free survival compared to patients with ARMS containing the less common translocation that fuses the PAX7 and FKHR genes.
- Gene fusions involving PAX and FOX family members in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaF G Barr
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 36th Street and Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, PA 19104 6082, USA
Oncogene 20:5736-46. 2001..These translocations rearrange PAX3 and PAX7, members of the paired box transcription factor family, and juxtapose these genes with FKHR, a member of the fork ..
- Gene expression signatures identify rhabdomyosarcoma subtypes and detect a novel t(2;2)(q35;p23) translocation fusing PAX3 to NCOA1Marco Wachtel
University Children s Hospital, Division of Oncology, Zurich, Switzerland
Cancer Res 64:5539-45. 2004..signature was used to classify an additional alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma case lacking any known PAX3 or PAX7 fusion as belonging to the translocation-positive group, leading to the identification of a novel translocation t(2;..
- Hedgehog signaling controls dorsoventral patterning, blastema cell proliferation and cartilage induction during axolotl tail regenerationEsther Schnapp
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Development 132:3243-53. 2005..molecular markers of DV progenitor cell domains found during embryonic neural tube development, including Pax6, Pax7 and Msx1...
- Pax3 and Pax7 have distinct and overlapping functions in adult muscle progenitor cellsFrederic Relaix
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire du Développement, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique URA 2578, Departement de Biologie du Developpement
J Cell Biol 172:91-102. 2006..and repair of skeletal muscle after birth depends on satellite cells that are characterized by the expression of Pax7. We show that Pax3, the paralogue of Pax7, is also present in both quiescent and activated satellite cells in many ..
- MyoD and Myogenin expression during myogenic phases in brown trout: a precocious onset of mosaic hyperplasia is a prerequisite for fast somatic growthP Steinbacher
Division of Zoology and Functional Anatomy, Department of Organismic Biology, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Dev Dyn 236:1106-14. 2007..Furthermore, we suggest that Pax7 is expressed in myogenic progenitor cells that account for second- and third-phase myogenesis...
- Antagonism of myostatin enhances muscle regeneration during sarcopeniaVictoria Siriett
Functional Muscle Genomics, AgResearch, Hamilton, New Zealand
Mol Ther 15:1463-70. 2007..Antagonism of myostatin led to satellite cell activation, increased Pax7 and MyoD protein levels, and greater myoblast and macrophage cell migration, resulting in enhanced muscle ..
- Growth in the larval zebrafish pectoral fin and trunk musculatureSara E Patterson
Department of Biology, Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut 06459, USA
Dev Dyn 237:307-15. 2008..to the skin, and this correlates with the expression of myogenic genes such as muscle regulatory factors and Pax7. Our results suggest that regulation of fiber type development and muscle growth may differ in the pectoral fin and ..
- Detection of FOXO1 (FKHR) gene break-apart by fluorescence in situ hybridization in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas and its clinicopathologic correlationShveta Mehra
Department of Pathology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 17:14-20. 2008Chromosomal translocations of t(2;13)(q35;q14) and t(1;13)(p36;q14), resulting in PAX3-FOXO1 (FKHR) and PAX7-FOXO1 (FKHR) gene fusions, have been found to be specific molecular markers for alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas (ARMS) and can be ..
- Properties of branchiomeric and somite-derived muscle development in Tbx1 mutant embryosRaphälle Grifone
Inserm Avenir Group, Developmental Biology Institute of Marseilles Luminy, UMR CNRS 6216 Université de la Méditerranée, Campus de Luminy, Marseille, France
Dev Dyn 237:3071-8. 2008..Sporadic hypoplastic mandibular muscles in Tbx1-/- embryos contain Pax7-positive myocytes with indistinguishable differentiation properties from wild-type muscles and have normal tendon ..
- The role of Delta-like 1 shedding in muscle cell self-renewal and differentiationDanqiong Sun
Department of Biochemistry, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
J Cell Sci 121:3815-23. 2008..in vitro or C2C12 myogenic cells, we found that Notch activity is essential for maintaining the expression of Pax7, a transcription factor associated with the self-renewal lineage, in quiescent undifferentiated myoblasts after ..
- Thermal manipulations in late-term chick embryos have immediate and longer term effects on myoblast proliferation and skeletal muscle hypertrophyYogev Piestun
Department of Animal Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:233-40. 2009..DNA incorporation of thymidine and a higher number of cells expressing PCNA in intact muscle, accompanied by higher Pax7 levels, all reflecting a higher number of myogenic cells, and suggesting that the increased hypertrophy can be ..
- Laminin-111 restores regenerative capacity in a mouse model for alpha7 integrin congenital myopathyJachinta E Rooney
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
Am J Pathol 174:256-64. 2009..Analysis of Pax7 and MyoD expression revealed a profound delay in satellite cell activation after cardiotoxin treatment in alpha7 ..
- Local NSAID infusion inhibits satellite cell proliferation in human skeletal muscle after eccentric exerciseU R Mikkelsen
Institute of Sports Medicine, Bispebjerg Hospital, Bispebjerg Bakke 23, Copenhagen DK 2400, Denmark
J Appl Physiol (1985) 107:1600-11. 2009..Satellite cells were identified using antibodies against neural cell adhesion molecule and Pax7. The number of Pax7(+) cells per myofiber was increased by 96% on day 8 after exercise in the unblocked leg (0...
- Numb promotes an increase in skeletal muscle progenitor cells in the embryonic somiteAurélie Jory
Stem Cells and Development, Department of Developmental Biology Pasteur Institute, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS URA 2578, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Stem Cells 27:2769-80. 2009Multiple cell types arise from cells in the dermomyotome of the somite that express Pax3 and Pax7, and myogenesis is regulated by Notch signaling...
- Conserved expression of mouse Six1 in the pre-placodal region (PPR) and identification of an enhancer for the rostral PPRShigeru Sato
Division of Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Dev Biol 344:158-71. 2010..protein-binding sites of Six1-14, the Six1 rostral PPR enhancer, for enhancer activity, and that Dlx5, Msx1 and Pax7 are candidate binding factors that regulate the level and area of Six1 expression, and thereby the location of the ..
- Syndecan-3 and Notch cooperate in regulating adult myogenesisAddolorata Pisconti
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
J Cell Biol 190:427-41. 2010..to reduced proliferation, increased cell death, delayed onset of differentiation, and markedly reduced numbers of Pax7(+) satellite cells accompanied by myofiber hypertrophy and an increased number of centrally nucleated myofibers...
- Testicular fusocellular rhabdomyosarcoma as a metastasis of elbow sclerosing rhabdomyosarcoma: A clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical and molecular study of one caseMiguel Martorell
Department of Pathology, Hospital General Universitario de Valencia, University of Valencia, Spain
Diagn Pathol 5:52. 2010..PCR chimeric transcriptional products PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR were not found...
- [Induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell-based cell therapy for muscular dystrophy: current progress and future prospects]Takashi Nishiyama
Department of Molecular Therapy, National Institute of Neuroscience, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Nerve 64:39-46. 2012..most promising method for generating muscle stem cells from iPS cells is the conditional overexpression of Pax3 or Pax7 in the differentiating mouse embryoid bodies...
- Genetic and physical interaction of Meis2, Pax3 and Pax7 during dorsal midbrain developmentZsuzsa Agoston
Institute of Neurology Edinger Institute, J, W, Goethe University Medical School, Heinrich Hoffmannstr, 7, 50628 Frankfurt, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 12:10. 2012..Much less, however, is known about the regulatory relationship and functional interaction of molecules that are expressed in the tectal anlage after tectal fate specification has taken place and tectal development has commenced...
- Perivascular mesenchymal progenitors in human fetal and adult liverJörg C Gerlach
Department of Surgery, McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Stem Cells Dev 21:3258-69. 2012..CD31, CD34, CD45, CD144, CD326, CK19, albumin, α-fetoprotein, CYP3A7, glial fibrillary acid protein, MYF5, and Pax7 by gene expression; myogenin and alpha-smooth muscle actin expression were variable...
- Two distinct muscle progenitor populations coexist throughout amniote developmentCyril A Picard
EMBL Australia, Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute ARMI, Monash University, Building 75, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Dev Biol 373:141-8. 2013..life in both chick and mouse: a minor, slow-cycling pool of undifferentiated resident progenitors which express Pax7, co-existing with a major fast-cycling population that co-express Pax7 and the early myogenic differentiation ..
- Isolation and biological characteristics of beijing Fatty chicken skeletal muscle satellite cellsChunyu Bai
Institute of Animal Sciences, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100193, China
Cell Commun Adhes 19:69-77. 2012..1% collagenase 1 and 0.25% trypsin. Myogenic markers such as MyoD, Pax7 and demin were detected, indicating their skeletal muscle satellite cell identity...
- Dynamic and differential regulation of stem cell factor FoxD3 in the neural crest is Encrypted in the genomeMarcos S Simões-Costa
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
PLoS Genet 8:e1003142. 2012..analysis, in vivo chromatin immunoprecipitation, and morpholino knock-downs reveal that transcription factors Pax7 and Msx1/2 cooperate with the neural crest specifier gene, Ets1, to bind to the cranial NC1 regulatory element...
- Skeletal muscle cells express ICAM-1 after muscle overload and ICAM-1 contributes to the ensuing hypertrophic responseChristopher L Dearth
Department of Kinesiology, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e58486. 2013..Furthermore, expression of ICAM-1 altered (p<0.05) the temporal pattern of Pax7 expression, a marker of satellite cells/myoblasts, and regenerating myofiber formation in overloaded muscles...
- SPARC is up-regulated during skeletal muscle regeneration and inhibits myoblast differentiationStine Juhl Petersson
Department of Clinical Pathology, and Department of Endocrinology, Section for Molecular Diabetes and Metabolism, Institute of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark and Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Histol Histopathol 28:1451-60. 2013..myogenic differentiation in these cultures as determined by substantially reduced levels of myogenic factors (Pax7, Myf5, Myod, Mef2B, Myogenin, and Myostatin) and a lack of multinucleated myotubes...
- A novel approach to collecting satellite cells from adult skeletal muscles on the basis of their stress toleranceTaeko Shigemoto
Department of Stem Cell Biology and Histology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Stem Cells Transl Med 2:488-98. 2013..Although the transcription factor Pax7 is a known specific marker of satellite cells, it is not located on the cell surface and therefore flow cytometry ..
- Regeneration of injured skeletal muscle in heat shock transcription factor 1-null miceSono Nishizawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, St Marianna University School of Medicine Kawasaki, Japan
Physiol Rep 1:e00071. 2013..Injury-related increase of Pax7-positive muscle satellite cells in HSF1-null mice was inhibited versus wild-type mice...
- Early fish myoseptal cells: insights from the trout and relationships with amniote axial tenocytesYoann Bricard
French National Institute for Agricultural Research, Fish Physiology and Genomics, Rennes, France
PLoS ONE 9:e91876. 2014..The myoseptal cells do not express myogenic markers such as Pax3, Pax7 and myogenin but express several tendon-associated collagens including col1a1, col5a2 and col12a1 and angiopoietin-..
- Abnormalities in early markers of muscle involvement support a delay in myogenesis in spinal muscular atrophyRebeca Martínez-Hernández
From the Department of Molecular Biology, Hospital La Princesa, Madrid RM H and Department of Genetics, IIB Sant Pau Research Institute, Hospital de Sant Pau and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Raras SB, LA and Department of Clinical and Molecular Genetics, Hospital Valle Hebron, Passeig Valle Hebron EFT, Barcelona, Spain
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 73:559-67. 2014..We also studied the expression of Pax7-positive nuclei as a marker of satellite cells and found no differences between control and SMA prenatal samples...
- Notch signaling deficiency underlies age-dependent depletion of satellite cells in muscular dystrophyChunhui Jiang
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Dis Model Mech 7:997-1004. 2014..cell composition is altered even in young mdx mice, with significant reductions in the abundance of non-committed (Pax7+ and Myf5-) satellite cells...
- Comparative gene expression analyses reveal heterochrony for Sox9 expression in the cranial neural crest during marsupial developmentYoshio Wakamatsu
Department of Developmental Neuroscience, United Centers for Advanced Research and Translational Medicine ART, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, 980 8575, Japan
Evol Dev 16:197-206. 2014..the expression of genes known to be important for neural crest formation, such as BMP2/BMP4 (neural crest inducer), Pax7 (neural border specifier), Snail1 and Sox9/Sox10 (neural crest specifier) in Monodelphis domestica, and compared ..
- Lkb1 is indispensable for skeletal muscle development, regeneration, and satellite cell homeostasisTizhong Shan
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Stem Cells 32:2893-907. 2014..Although tamoxifen-induced postnatal deletion of Lkb1 in satellite cells using Pax7(CreER) mice bypasses the developmental defects and early death, Lkb1 null satellite cells lose their regenerative ..
- Extraocular muscle satellite cells are high performance myo-engines retaining efficient regenerative capacity in dystrophin deficiencyPascal Stuelsatz
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Dev Biol 397:31-44. 2015..that EOMs, regardless of their distinctive Pax3-negative lineage origin, harbor SCs that share a common signature (Pax7(+), Ki67(-), Nestin-GFP(+), Myf5(nLacZ+), MyoD-positive lineage origin) with their limb and diaphragm somite-..
- Mixed lactate and caffeine compound increases satellite cell activity and anabolic signals for muscle hypertrophyYoshimi Oishi
Graduate School of Sport and Health Science, Ritsumeikan University, Shiga
J Appl Physiol (1985) 118:742-9. 2015..LC significantly increased protein levels of Pax7, MyoD, and Ki67 in addition to myogenin, relative to control...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) promotes myoblast proliferation and skeletal muscle growth of embryonic chickens via the PI3K/Akt signalling pathwayMinli Yu
Department of Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Cell Biol Int 39:910-22. 2015..IGF-1 administration obviously promoted the incorporation of BrdU and remarkably increased the number of PAX7-positive cells in the skeletal muscle of chicken embryos...
- Effects of eldecalcitol on bone and skeletal muscles in glucocorticoid-treated ratsHayato Kinoshita
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Akita University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita, 010 8543, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 34:171-8. 2016..b>Pax7, MyoD, and myogenin mRNA levels in gastrocnemius muscles were also determined...
- Post-exercise cold water immersion attenuates acute anabolic signalling and long-term adaptations in muscle to strength trainingLlion A Roberts
University of Queensland, School of Human Movement Studies and Nutrition Sciences, Brisbane, Australia
J Physiol 593:4285-301. 2015..The number of satellite cells expressing neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) (10-30%) and paired box protein (Pax7) (20-50%) increased 24-48 h after exercise with ACT...
- Network Analysis for the Identification of Differentially Expressed Hub Genes Using Myogenin Knock-down Muscle Satellite CellsAdeel Malik
School of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, Republic of Korea Perdana University Centre for Bioinformatics, MARDI Complex, Jalan MAEPS Perdana, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
PLoS ONE 10:e0133597. 2015..Subsequent to a decline in Pax7, induction in the expression of MYOG is a hallmark of myoblasts that have entered the differentiation phase ..
- Satellite cell activity, without expansion, after nonhypertrophic stimuliSophie Joanisse
Departments of Kinesiology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 309:R1101-11. 2015..Specifically, the number of activated (Pax7(+)/MyoD(+), P ≤ 0.05) and differentiating (Pax7(-)/MyoD(+), P ≤ 0...
- Characteristics of Skeletal Muscle Fibers of SOD1 Knockout MiceHiroshi Nagahisa
Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi Perfecture 753 8515, Japan
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016:9345970. 2016..In addition, the mRNA expression levels of Pax7 and myogenin, which are expressed in satellite cells in the activation, proliferation, and differentiation states, ..
- Generation and validation of PAX7 reporter lines from human iPS cells using CRISPR/Cas9 technologyJianbo Wu
Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine CSCRM, The Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases IMM, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Stem Cell Res 16:220-8. 2016..Here, we have generated a knock-in human iPS cell line for the early myogenic lineage specification gene of PAX7. By introduction of site-specific double-stranded breaks (DSB) in the genomic locus of PAX7 using CRISPR/Cas9 ..
- A multi-ethnic genome-wide association study identifies novel loci for non-syndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate on 2p24.2, 17q23 and 19q13Elizabeth J Leslie
Department of Oral Biology, Center for Craniofacial and Dental Genetics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Hum Mol Genet 25:2862-2872. 2016..17 × 10-8). Other regions reaching genome-wide significance were 1p36 (PAX7), 1p22 (ARHGAP29), 1q32 (IRF6), 8q24 and 17p13 (NTN1), all reported in previous GWASs...
- Lkb1 deletion upregulates Pax7 expression through activating Notch signaling pathway in myoblastsTizhong Shan
Department of Animal Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, China Department of Animal Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA Electronic address
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 76:31-8. 2016..b>Pax7 is a defining marker of quiescent and activated satellite cells, but not differentiated myoblast...
- Myogenic potential of mouse embryonic stem cells lacking functional Pax7 tested in vitro by 5-azacitidine treatment and in vivo in regenerating skeletal muscleAnita Helinska
Department of Cytology, Institute of Zoology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Cell Biol . 2016..Among the factors crucial for the specification of myogenic precursor cells is Pax7 that sustains proper function of satellite cells...
- Pax7 is critical for the normal function of satellite cells in adult skeletal muscleJulia von Maltzahn
Sprott Centre for Stem Cell Research, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:16474-9. 2013Extensive analyses of mice carrying null mutations in paired box 7 (Pax7) have confirmed the progressive loss of the satellite cell lineage in skeletal muscle, resulting in severe muscle atrophy and death...
- Identification of Histone Deacetylase 2 as a Functional Gene for Skeletal Muscle Development in ChickensMd Shahjahan
State Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, Beijing 100193, China
Asian-Australas J Anim Sci 29:479-86. 2016..myoblast proliferation in vitro declined between 24 h and 48 h when expression of the marker gene paired box 7 (PAX7) increased and cell numbers increased throughout 72 h of culture...
- PAX2 is expressed in multiple spinal cord interneurons, including a population of EN1+ interneurons that require PAX6 for their developmentJ D Burrill
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Development 124:4493-503. 1997..the expression domains of PAX2, EN1 and EVX1 in postmitotic neurons correlate closely with those of Pax6 and Pax7 in the ventricular zone, implicating these patterning genes in the regulation of PAX2, EN1 and EVX1...
- Use of reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis and staging of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, Ewing sarcoma family of tumors, and desmoplastic small round cell tumorU H Athale
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 23:99-104. 2001..MATERIALS AND METHODS: RT-PCR assays for the EWS-FLII, EWS-ERG, PAX3-FKHR, PAX7-FKHR, and EWS-WTI fusion transcripts were performed on RNA extracted from the primary tumor tissue, bone marrow, ..
- Pax7 directs postnatal renewal and propagation of myogenic satellite cells but not their specificationSvetlana Oustanina
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
EMBO J 23:3430-9. 2004The paired-box transcription factor Pax7 has been claimed to specify the muscle stem cell lineage since inactivation of Pax7 led to a failure to detect muscle satellite cells...
- FOXO1a acts as a selective tumor suppressor in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaPhilippe R J Bois
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Cell Biol 170:903-12. 2005..Although both forms of RMS express muscle cell-specific markers, only ARMS cells express PAX3-FOXO1a or PAX7-FOXO1a chimeric proteins...
- Salamander limb regeneration involves the activation of a multipotent skeletal muscle satellite cell populationJamie I Morrison
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biol 172:433-40. 2006..We describe a multipotent Pax7+ satellite cell population located within the skeletal muscle of the salamander limb...
- Identification of a PAX-FKHR gene expression signature that defines molecular classes and determines the prognosis of alveolar rhabdomyosarcomasElai Davicioni
Department of Pathology and Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, and Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California 90027, USA
Cancer Res 66:6936-46. 2006..Most ARMS tumors express the PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR (PAX-FKHR) fusion genes resulting from the t(2;13) or t(1;13) chromosomal translocations, respectively...
- Pax7 and superior collicular polarity: insights from Pax6 (Sey) mutant miceJennifer A Thompson
School of Exercise, Biomedical and Health Sciences, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup Drive, Joondalup, WA, 6027, Australia
Exp Brain Res 178:316-25. 2007Pax genes are important modulators of CNS development. Pax7 and Pax6 polarise the neural tube and regionalise the brain...
- Stem and progenitor cells in skeletal muscle development, maintenance, and therapyBruno Peault
Stem Cell Research Center, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mol Ther 15:867-77. 2007..In addition to anatomic location, satellite cells are typified by markers such as M-cadherin, Pax7, Myf5, and neural cell adhesion molecule-1...
- Analysis of the callipyge phenotype through skeletal muscle development; association of Dlk1 with muscle precursor cellsJason D White
School of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Differentiation 76:283-98. 2008..In addition, Dlk1 immuno-localization was associated with a sub-population of Pax7-positive mononucleated cells in all skeletal muscles examined during fetal development and at birth, but this was ..
- mls-2 and vab-3 Control glia development, hlh-17/Olig expression and glia-dependent neurite extension in C. elegansSatoshi Yoshimura
The Rockefeller University, Laboratory of Developmental Genetics, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Development 135:2263-75. 2008..We demonstrate ventral- and dorsal-restricted roles for the mls-2/Nkx/Hmx and vab-3/Pax6/Pax7 genes, respectively, in CEPsh glia differentiation and expression of the genes hlh-17/Olig and ptr-10/Patched-..
- Pax7 is requisite for maintenance of a subpopulation of superior collicular neurons and shows a diverging expression pattern to Pax3 during superior collicular developmentJennifer A Thompson
School of Exercise, Biomedical and Health Science, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup Drive, Joondalup, Western Australia 6027, Australia
BMC Dev Biol 8:62. 2008b>Pax7 encodes a transcription factor well-established as an important determinant of mesencephalic identity and superior collicular development...
- The embryonic midbrain directs neuronal specification of embryonic stem cells at early stages of differentiationJosé Manuel Baizabal
Department of Developmental Genetics and Molecular Physiology, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Mor, Mexico
Dev Biol 325:49-59. 2009..1(+) red nucleus (RN) neurons, Nkx2.2(+) ventral interneurons and Pax7(+) dorsal neurons at the correct positions...
- A novel PAX3 rearrangement in embryonal rhabdomyosarcomaHajime Hosoi
Department of Pediatrics, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 189:98-104. 2009..These translocations produce the PAX3-FOXO1 and PAX7-FOXO1 fusion genes, respectively...
- Neural crest ontogeny during secondary neurulation: a gene expression pattern study in the chick embryoLiliana Osório
UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR 7622, Laboratoire de Biologie du Developpement, Paris, France
Int J Dev Biol 53:641-8. 2009..of secondary NCC involves, as in primary neurulation, the activity of several transcription factors such as Pax3, Pax7, Snail2, FoxD3 and Sox9, which are all expressed in the dorsal secondary neural tube as soon as full cavitation is ..
- Christopher D Kontos; Fiscal Year: 2014..Bag3 induced an increase in Pax7+ progenitor cells, which stained positive for SMA and CD31, suggesting that Bag3 induced an increase in vascular ..
- Christoph Lepper; Fiscal Year: 2014..Together with Pax7, their expression represents a sequence of events, from muscle progenitor to terminally differentiated state, ..
- Defining the role of satellite cells in muscle maintenance throughout the lifespaCharlotte A Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2010..To overcome this obstacle, in Aim 1 we will generate the Pax7-GNZ mouse by crossing the conditional, satellite cell-specific driver/inducer mouse line (Pax7-CreER) with a ..
- Michael A Rudnicki; Fiscal Year: 2016..The transcription factor Pax7 is expressed in satellite cells and is required for satellite cell survival and function through satellite cell ..
- Lisa J Bain; Fiscal Year: 2014..the neural plate border specifier cells, which express transcription factors involved in myogenesis, such as Pax3, Pax7, Dlx5, Msx1, and Msx2, and are responsible for secreting factors that lead to the formation of the neural crest ..
- Tools to study age-related changes in muscle stem cellsMichael Kyba; Fiscal Year: 2010..The myogenic master regulator, Pax7, is expressed in a highly selective manner in muscle stem cells, and is absolutely and non-redundantly required for ..
- Pier Lorenzo Puri; Fiscal Year: 2016..2b Analyze the p38-dependent repression of Pax7 in ESC BAF60c/MyoD. Aim 3...
- Thanh Huu Tran; Fiscal Year: 2014..injury and by muscular dystrophy in mice having Sulfs specifically inactivated in the satellite cells Pax7Sulf-DN (Pax7-Cre:ER/Rosa26;eYFP/Sulf1/2flox) and Pax7Sulf-DN;mdx, respectively...
- Christoph Lepper; Fiscal Year: 2015..I have obtained evidence that, in the mouse model, this process depends on the function of the Pax7 gene, which encodes a transcription factor...
- Examining the Therapeutic Potential of iPS cells in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyRita C R Perlingeiro; Fiscal Year: 2010..combining the generation of iPS cells with our approach to derive myogenic progenitors by conditional expression of Pax7. Moreover, if one envisions translating iPS cells to the clinic, one has to demonstrate that functional myogenic ..
- Charlotte A Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using the Pax7-DTA mouse, which enables inducible satellite cell ablation in response to tamoxifen (developed in the parental ..
- Chen Ming Fan; Fiscal Year: 2016..We propose to use a knock-in allele replacing Pax7 with the Cre-ERT2 fusion gene (the Pax7CE allele) for tamoxifen (tmx) inducible cell lineage tracing in following ..
- Esther E Dupont-Versteegden; Fiscal Year: 2014..We are in the unique position to test the role of satellite cells in diaphragm muscle with aging using the Pax7-DTA mouse, which allows for temporal and specific control of satellite cell ablation;we showed previously that >..
- Denis C Guttridge; Fiscal Year: 2016..repair damaged fibers, but this differentiation program is blocked due to deregulation of the self-renewing factor, Pax7. The goal of this application is to explore the hypothesis that events occurring outside the myofiber are not ..
- Michelle Rozo; Fiscal Year: 2014..I propose to define the role of b1-integrin in these processes by using a Pax7-Cre-ERT2 fusion gene (the Pax7CE allele) for tamoxifen (tmx) inducible gene inactivation of a conditional allele of ..
- Jen Sheen; Fiscal Year: 2016..mediates glucose signaling without its metabolic activity, and interacts with two HXK1 Unconventional Partners (HUP1: a scaffolding protein interacting with HXK1, HUP2 and transcription factors (TFs);HUP2: an ATPase interacting with ..
- A Cis-regulatory Model for Neural Border InductionDaniel Meulemans Medeiros; Fiscal Year: 2013..these possibilities, we are characterizing 8 evolutionarily conserved cis-regulatory elements (CREs) from the Pax3, Pax7, Zic2/5, Zic3/6 and tfap2a loci that recapitulate early neural border expression of these genes...
- Michael Kyba; Fiscal Year: 2016..We further show that these responses involve competition with Pax7, a transcription factor at the apex of the myogenic hierarchy with a highly related homeodomain...
- Pax genes in cardiac developmentZACHARY PAUL NEEB; Fiscal Year: 2012..In contrast, mouse Pax7 (Pax3 paralogue) expression is first detected following neural tube closure (~E8...
- Bradley B Olwin; Fiscal Year: 2016..When prospectively isolated, Syndecan-4+/Jam-B+ cultures maintain Pax7 expressing "reserve" cells while Pax7 is not detectable in Syndecan-4+Jam-B- satellite cell ex- plants, which all ..
- THE ONCOGENICITY OF WINGED HELIX PROTEINSPeter Vogt; Fiscal Year: 2003..a mutant form of the chicken homolog of mesenchyme forkhead protein, and the human fusion proteins PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR, the putative causes of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma...
- Conditional Mouse Model of Alveolar RhabdomyosarcomaCharles Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..the translocation-mediated fusion of a developmentally regulated Pax transcription factor (either Pax3 or Pax7) to the Forkhead transcription factor, Fkhr...
- Mechanisms of Testosterone Effects on Body CompositionShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..surgical orchiectomy without and with testosterone replacement on the number of mesenchymal precursor cells (CD34+, Pax7), satellite cells (CD34+, Pax7+, located inside the basal lamina), and number of donor cells fused with muscle ..
- Continual addition of posterior tail segments, regeneration and Hox gene expressiJANET VAGLIA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Investigate somitogenesis (segmentation) and expression of select early axial tissue markers (type II collagen and Pax7) across life stages in a non-model salamander that exhibits continual elongation of the tail. 3...
- IRSG LABORATORY CORRELATIVE STUDIESFREDERIC BARR; Fiscal Year: 1999..The distinction between the subtypes is strengthened by molecular studies that identified PAX3/PAX7-FKHR gene fusions in alveolar RMS and allelic loss of chromosomal region 11p15.5 in embryonal RMS...
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..Since in RMS cell lines the expression of CXCR4 correlates with alveolar RMS and expression of the PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR genes, we will investigate whether PAX genes directly regulate CXCR4 expression in RMS cells...
- Manipulation of Prenatal Stem Cell Transplant BiologyAziz Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2004..These signals include transcription factors, such as Pax7, which have been shown to orchestrate specification of muscle progenitors towards satellite cells and other ..
- COG studies of gene amplification in rhabdomyosarcomaFREDERIC BARR; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF PAX3/PAX7 EXPRESSION IN RHABDOMYOSARCOMAFREDERIC BARR; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (adapted from the investigator's abstract) PAX3 and PAX7 are closely related members of the paired box family of transcription factors...
- Studies of the t(2;13) of alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaFREDERIC BARR; Fiscal Year: 2007..These events juxtapose PAX3 or PAX7 with FKHR to create fusion genes encoding PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR fusion products...
- Cancer Molecular Pathology Training ProgramFREDERIC BARR; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- IRSG STUDIES OF ALVEOLAR RHABDOMYOSARCOMA GENE FUSIONSFREDERIC BARR; Fiscal Year: 2005..This cancer is associated with 2;13 and 1;13 chromosomal translocations that juxtapose the PAX3 and PAX7 loci with the FKHR locus to create chimeric genes encoding PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR fusion products...
- Satellite Cells and Skeletal Muscle Growth DynamicsZipora Yablonka Reuveni; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed investigation will contribute to a better understanding of satellite cell dynamics and muscle growth, and can prove important for muscle rehabilitation strategies during disease and aging. ..
- MINERALIZATION OF PRIMARY BONEJEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this work should better define the differences between primariy and lamellar bone, as well as aid in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and atherosclerosis. ..
- BAG-75: UNIQUE MARKER OF PRIMARY BONE FORMATIONJEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Stimulation of appositional formation by lamellar bone would not be expected to have the same effect. These future functional studies require determination of the BAG-75 cDNA sequence. ..
- Muscle and Bone Maintenance in Hindlimb Suspended RatsCharlotte Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together, results may provide insight into the use of resistance exercise as a countermeasure to the loss of muscle and bone that occurs during space flight. ..
- DEK EFFECTS ON GROWTH OF HEMATOPOIETIC CELLSGerard Grosveld; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigators state that these studies will provide valuable insights into the normal functions of DEK and generate important information on how DEK-CAN contributes to leukemogenesis. ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF MYOTONIC DYSTROPHYSATYAKAM BHAGWATI; Fiscal Year: 2002..This approach is designed to explore the function of these CTG/CUG repeat binding proteins and their possible role in the pathogenesis of DM. ..
- MYOD AND MYOGENIN IN MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY AND SARCOPENIASTEPHEN ALWAY; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- LBX2 AND UROGENITAL DEVELOPMENTJonathan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Disease and Continuous Myofiber Remodeling in EOMLinda McLoon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ultimately, we hope to use this information to develop new therapeutic strategies.for the treatment of strabismus and other ocular and non-ocular muscle diseases. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Regulating Stem Cell PlasticityMichael Rudnicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our laboratory has identified the paired box transcription factor Pax7 as being required for the specification of myogenic satellite cells from progenitor adult satellite cells...
- Determinants of Bone Strength in Afro-Caribbean FamiliesJoseph Zmuda; Fiscal Year: 2004..The identification of these genes will likely yield fundamental insight on bone biology and may lead to the development of novel approaches to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of osteoporosis. ..
- ROLE OF MYOSTATIN IN CACHEXIASe Jin Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Dysregulation of Type I interferon in human SLELynda Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the studies proposed here will provide insights into mechanisms of IFN action in SLE as well as invaluable information necessary for developing tools to block the excess of type 1 IFN as novel therapy in SLE. ..
- 2005 NNFF Consortium for NF1, NF2 and SchwannomatosisJonathan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PAX3 REGULATION OF CARDIAC CONOTRUNCAL DEVELOPMENTJonathan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3 examines the role of neural crest during development of the conduction system, and specifically examines Pax3 regulation of DCT. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Selecting for novel Hedgehog signaling mutationsSTEPHEN DEVOTO; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, these mutations will identify genes that are likely to play important roles in the development of human cancer. ..
- Characterization of myostatin and GDF-11Se Jin Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Id2 REGULATION OF MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY IN AGINGSTEPHEN ALWAY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Bone Strength Phenotypes in men: Genes and EnvironmentJoseph Zmuda; Fiscal Year: 2008..The improved understanding of the genetic regulation of bone strength that will emerge from the proposed project will yield fundamental insight into the basic mechanisms of male osteoporosis. ..
- Changes in myogenic progenitor potential with ageCharlotte A Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using this information, rational new strategies for frailty prevention can be designed and tested. ..
- Role of MN1-TEL and MN1 in LeukemogenesisGerard C Grosveld; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should also provide leads for the development of novel therapies for AML involving these transcription factors. ..
- International Consortium to Identify Genes and Interactions Controlling Oral ClefTerri Beaty; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular basis of vascular heterogenity and functionJonathan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..