Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PAQR7
Description: progestin and adipoQ receptor family member 7
Alias: MPRA, PGLP, mSR, membrane progestin receptor alpha, 2310021M12Rik, mPR alpha, progestin and adipoQ receptor family member VII
Publications200 found, 100 shown here
- Participation of NMDA and non-NMDA excitatory amino acid receptors in the mediation of spinal reflex potentials in rats: an in vivo studyS Farkas
Department of Electrophysiology, Chemical Works of Gedeon Richter Ltd, Budapest, Hungary
Br J Pharmacol 114:1193-205. 1995..3. NBQX and GYKI 52466 were able to abolish completely the mono-, di- and polysynaptic ventral root reflexes (MSR, DSR, PSR) and the synaptic excitability of motoneurones, while hardly influencing direct excitability of ..
- Characteristics of membrane progestin receptor alpha (mPRalpha) and progesterone membrane receptor component 1 (PGMRC1) and their roles in mediating rapid progestin actionsPeter Thomas
University of Texas at Austin, Marine Science, 750 Channel View Drive, Port Aransas, TX 78373, USA
Front Neuroendocrinol 29:292-312. 2008....
- Interaction between common folate polymorphisms and B-vitamin nutritional status modulates homocysteine and risk for a thrombotic eventZoe Yates
Academic Unit of Paediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynaecology, D Floor, Clarendon Wing, Leeds General Infirmary, University of Leeds, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 9NS, UK
Mol Genet Metab 79:201-13. 2003..and homocysteine remethylation via folate dependent methionine biosynthesis, namely 2756A-->G-MS/66A-->G-MSR and 677C-->T-MTHFR/1298A-->C-MTHFR...
- Inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus: a study from North IndiaV Gupta
Department of Microbiology, Government Medical College Hospital, Chandigarh, India
J Postgrad Med 55:176-9. 2009..The resistance to macrolide can be mediated by msr A gene coding for efflux mechanism or via erm gene encoding for enzymes that confer inducible or constitutive ..
- Comparative genome analysis of four magnetotactic bacteria reveals a complex set of group-specific genes implicated in magnetosome biomineralization and functionMichael Richter
Microbial Genomics Group, Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology, Celsiusstrasse 1, D 28359 Bremen, Germany
J Bacteriol 189:4899-910. 2007..magnetotactic Alphaproteobacteria including the nearly complete genome of Magnetospirillum gryphiswaldense strain MSR-1, the complete genome of Magnetospirillum magneticum strain AMB-1, the complete genome of the magnetic coccus MC-1,..
- Survey of molecular determinants in Gram-positive cocci isolated from hospital settings in ArgentinaPaola E Jeric
Departamento de Microbiologia, Inmunología y Parasitología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Infect Dev Ctries 1:275-83. 2007..Staphylococcus spp., and Enterococcus spp. isolates collected from 46 hospitals of Argentina over a two-year period...
- Effects of nicorandil on the recovery of reflex potentials after spinal cord ischaemia in catsT Suzuki
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 116:1815-20. 1995..The monosynaptic (MSR) and polysynaptic reflex (PSR) potentials, elicited by electrical stimulation of the tibial nerve, were recorded ..
- Molecular analysis of resistance to streptogramin A compounds conferred by the Vga proteins of staphylococciOlivier Chesneau
Unité des Staphylocoques, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:973-80. 2005The Vga and Msr resistance determinants, encoded by mobile genetic elements in various staphylococcal strains, belong to a family of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) proteins whose functions and structures are ill defined...
- Mechanism of coenzyme binding to human methionine synthase reductase revealed through the crystal structure of the FNR-like module and isothermal titration calorimetryKirsten R Wolthers
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 46:11833-44. 2007Human methionine synthase reductase (MSR) is a 78 kDa flavoprotein that regenerates the active form of cobalamin-dependent methionine synthase (MS)...
- Impeded electron transfer from a pathogenic FMN domain mutant of methionine synthase reductase and its responsiveness to flavin supplementationCarmen G Gherasim
Biochemistry Department, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0664, USA
Biochemistry 47:12515-22. 2008Methionine synthase reductase (MSR) is a diflavin oxidoreductase that transfers electrons from NADPH to oxidized cobalamin and plays a vital role in repairing inactive cobalamin-dependent methionine synthase...
- Multifunctional roles of macrophages in the development and progression of atherosclerosis in humans and experimental animalsKiyoshi Takahashi
Fuji Bio Co Ltd, 1 14 23 Kasuga, Kumamoto 860 0047, Japan
Med Electron Microsc 35:179-203. 2002..Among various scavenger receptors, class A type I and type II macrophage scavenger receptors (MSR-A I,II) play the most important role in the uptake of oxidized low-density lipoprotein by macrophages...
- A thiol-activated lipase from Trichosporon asahii MSR 54: detergent compatibility and presoak formulation for oil removal from soiled cloth at ambient temperatureS Suresh Kumar
Department of Microbiology, University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi, 110021, India
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:427-32. 2009An alkaline lipase from Trichosporon asahii MSR 54 was used to develop presoak formulation for removing oil stains at ambient temperature...
- Solubilization of nitrotoluenes in micellar nonionic surfactant solutionsDianne J Luning Prak
US Naval Academy, 572M Holloway Road, Annapolis, MD 21402, USA
Chemosphere 68:1961-7. 2007..two or less in 10 g l(-1) surfactant solutions, but did not significantly change their molar solubilization ratios (MSR, e.g. 0.02 for TNT) or their micelle-water partition coefficients (K(m), e.g. 3.4 for TNT)...
- In vitro activity of telithromycin and quinupristin/dalfopristin against methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci with defined resistance genotypesG Novotna
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 142 20 Prague, Czechia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 52:593-9. 2007..13 isolates with constitutive erm genes) or demonstrated telithromycin D-shaped zone (60 isolates with inducible msr(A) and/or erm)...
- Cobalamin uptake and reactivation occurs through specific protein interactions in the methionine synthase-methionine synthase reductase complexKirsten R Wolthers
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
FEBS J 276:1942-51. 2009Human methionine synthase reductase (MSR), a diflavin enzyme, restores the activity of human methionine synthase through reductive methylation of methionine synthase (MS)-bound cob(II)alamin...
- Mutations in 23S rRNA and ribosomal protein L4 account for resistance in pneumococcal strains selected in vitro by macrolide passageA Tait-Kamradt
Department of Infectious Diseases, Pfizer, Inc, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:2118-25. 2000..could not be explained by any clinically relevant resistance determinant [mef(A), erm(A), erm(B), erm(C), erm(TR), msr(A), mph(A), mph(B), mph(C), ere(A), ere(B)]...
- Differences in the efficiency of reductive activation of methionine synthase and exogenous electron acceptors between the common polymorphic variants of human methionine synthase reductaseHoratiu Olteanu
Biochemistry Department, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0664, USA
Biochemistry 41:13378-85. 2002Methionine synthase reductase (MSR) catalyzes the conversion of the inactive form of human methionine synthase to the active state of the enzyme...
- Kinetic and thermodynamic characterization of the common polymorphic variants of human methionine synthase reductaseHoratiu Olteanu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0664, USA
Biochemistry 43:1988-97. 2004Human methionine synthase reductase (MSR) is a protein containing both FAD and FMN, and it reactivates methionine synthase that has lost activity due to oxidation of cob(I)alamin to cob(II)alamin...
- Coordinate regulation of the alpha(2)-macroglobulin signaling receptor and the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein/alpha(2)-macroglobulin receptor by insulinU K Misra
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 274:25785-91. 1999We have studied insulin-dependent regulation of macrophage alpha(2)-macroglobulin signaling receptors (alpha(2)MSR) and low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein/alpha(2)M receptors (LRP/alpha(2)MR) employing cell binding of (125)..
- Differences in potential for selection of clindamycin-resistant mutants between inducible erm(A) and erm(C) Staphylococcus aureus genesClaire Daurel
Service de Microbiologie, CHU Cote de Nacre, 14033 Caen Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:546-50. 2008..Seven isolates susceptible to erythromycin or bearing the msr(A) gene (efflux) were used as controls...
- Enhancement of spinal monosynaptic reflexes with phenylethylamine and related drugs through descending noradrenergic neuronsY Hasebe
Department of Toxicology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacobiodyn 12:241-5. 1989..such as methamphetamine, phenelzine, methylphenidate, nomifensine and mazindol on the spinal monosynaptic reflex (MSR) were investigated in rats treated with 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA) or 5,6-dihydroxytryptamine (5,6-DHT)...
- Reactive oxygen species regulate macrophage scavenger receptor type I, but not type II, in the human monocytic cell line THP-1S J De Kimpe
The William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital, Medical College, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 53:1076-82. 1998The uptake of modified low density lipoprotein via the macrophage scavenger receptor (MSR) results in the formation of lipid-laden foam cells during atherosclerosis...
- Postural reflexes, balance control, and functional mobility with long-duration head-down bed restMillard F Reschke
Neurosciences Laboratories, Human Adaptation and Countermeasures Division, NASA Johnson Space Center, Mail Code SK272, 2101 NASA Parkway, Houston, TX 77058, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 80:A45-54. 2009..To differentiate somatosensory changes from graviceptor changes in post-spaceflight sensorimotor behavior, bed rest may serve as an exclusionary analog to spaceflight...
- Molecular basis for methionine synthase reductase deficiency in patients belonging to the cblE complementation group of disorders in folate/cobalamin metabolismA Wilson
MRC Group in Medical Genetics, Montreal Children s Hospital, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 8:2009-16. 1999Methionine synthase reductase (MSR) deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder of folate/cobalamin metabolism leading to hyperhomocysteinemia, hypo- methioninemia and megaloblastic anemia...
- Absence of linear correlation between fluctuations in area of simultaneous recorded monosynaptic responses and Hoffmann's reflexes in the ratCelia Reyes
INR, SSA, Mexico
Neurosci Lett 411:249-53. 2007In this study we analyze the possible relationship between fluctuations in area of monosynaptic reflex responses (MSR) and Hoffmann's reflex (H reflexes) in the plantar closed loop pathway of the anesthetized rat...
- Polymorphic background of methionine synthase reductase modulates the phenotype of a disease-causing mutationCarmen Gherasim
Redox Biology Center and Biochemistry Department, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0664, USA
Hum Mutat 28:1028-33. 2007..Ser175 sequence is designated as wild type. While characterizing a pathogenic methionine synthase reductase (MSR) mutation, c.166G>A (p...
- Expression level of heterologous tat genes is crucial for in vivo reconstitution of a functional Tat translocase in Escherichia coliYanwen Xiong
Laboratoire de Chimie Bacterienne, UPR9043, IBSM, CNRS, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Biochimie 89:676-85. 2007..Sulfolobus solfataricus P2, Thermus thermophilus HB8 and from three Magnetospirillum species (AMB-1, MS-1 and MSR-1), and assessed the capacity of these Tat systems to restore the Tat-dependent growth defect of Escherichia coli ..
- Comparison of the thiol-dependent antioxidant systems in the ectomycorrhizal Laccaria bicolor and the saprotrophic Phanerochaete chrysosporiumMelanie Morel
Unité Mixte de Recherches 1136 Interactions Arbres Microorganismes INRA Nancy Université, IFR 110 Génomique Ecologie et Ecophysiologie Fonctionnelles, Faculté des Sciences BP 239, 54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy Cedex, France
New Phytol 180:391-407. 2008..thiol-dependent antioxidant systems, special emphasis is given to the redoxin and methionine sulfoxide reductase (Msr) multigenic families. The genes coding for these enzymes were identified in the L. bicolor and P...
- Progestin signaling through an olfactory G protein and membrane progestin receptor-alpha in Atlantic croaker sperm: potential role in induction of sperm hypermotilityChristopher Tubbs
Marine Science Institute, The University of Texas at Austin, Port Aransas, Texas 78373, USA
Endocrinology 150:473-84. 2009..Taken together these findings provide a plausible mechanism by which progestins stimulate sperm hypermotility in croaker and provide the first evidence of hormonal activation of Golf in any species...
- Distribution of serotypes, genotypes, and resistance determinants among macrolide-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae isolatesXiaoping Xu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Shenzhen Second People s Hospital, Shenzhen 518035, People s Republic of China
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:1152-9. 2010..Most (84%) isolates which contained mef also contained one of the msr(A) homologues, mel or msr(D); 38 of 40 (95%) isolates with mef(E) (on mega) carried mel, and of 28 (39%) isolates ..
- Signal-to-noise contribution of principal component loads in reconstructed near-infrared Raman tissue spectraM C M Grimbergen
Dept of Urology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
Appl Spectrosc 64:8-14. 2010..Therefore, the mean SNR over the whole spectral region (SNR(msr)) is determined in the original spectrum as well as for spectra reconstructed from an increasing number of ..
- The sensor kinase MprB is required for Rhodococcus equi virulenceIain MacArthur
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Gordon Street, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada
Vet Microbiol 147:133-41. 2011..In silico analysis of the R. equi genome sequence identified an MprA binding box motif homologous to that of M. tuberculosis, on mprA, pepD, sigB and sigE...
- Molecular epidemiology and genetic linkage of macrolide and aminoglycoside resistance in Staphylococcus intermedius of canine originP Boerlin
Institute for Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Bern, Langgass strasse 122, CH 3012, Bern, Switzerland
Vet Microbiol 79:155-69. 2001..intermedius populations. The erythromycin-resistant isolates were all carrying erm(B), but not erm(A), erm(C), or msr(A)...
- Resistance to macrolides in clinical isolates of Streptococcus pyogenes due to ribosomal mutationsBrigitte Malbruny
Service de Microbiologie, Hôpital Côte de Nacre, UFR de Medecine, av Côte de Nacre, 14033 Caen, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:935-9. 2002..did not contain any gene known to confer macrolide resistance by ribosomal modification (erm gene) or efflux [mef(A) and msr(A) genes]. The aim of the study was to determine the mechanisms of macrolide resistance in both strains.
- Regulation of the alpha-crystallin gene acr2 by the MprAB two-component system of Mycobacterium tuberculosisXiuhua Pang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Pulmonary and Infectious Disease Control, University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, 11937 US Highway 271, Tyler, TX 75708 3154, USA
J Bacteriol 189:6213-21. 2007..Electrophoresis mobility shift assays revealed multiple MprA binding sites in the acr2 promoter, including one downstream and three upstream of the acr2 TSP, with one ..
- Characterization of a novel C8 phasic muscle stretch reflexSteven K Baker
Department of Medicine and Neuromuscular Disease Clinic, McMaster University Medical Centre, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
Muscle Nerve 40:529-34. 2009..To confirm that finger flexion represented an MSR, an externally triggered hammer-skin contact set-up was employed...
- Functional significance of subtypes of 5-HT receptors in the rat spinal reflex pathwayN Nagano
Department of Toxicology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Gen Pharmacol 19:789-93. 1988..2. Ketanserin had no effect on the mono- (MSR) or polysynaptic reflex (PSR) in spinal rats, but decreased the PSR in intact rats. 3...
- Restricted role for methionine synthase reductase defined by subcellular localizationD S Froese
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alta, Canada T2N 4N1
Mol Genet Metab 94:68-77. 2008Methionine synthase reductase (MSR; gene name MTRR) is responsible for the reductive activation of methionine synthase...
- Endocytic uptake of advanced glycation end products by mouse liver sinusoidal endothelial cells is mediated by a scavenger receptor distinct from the macrophage scavenger receptor class AK Matsumoto
Department of Biochemistry, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo, 2 2 1, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Biochem J 352:233-40. 2000Previous studies with peritoneal macrophages obtained from macrophage scavenger receptor class A (MSR-A) knock-out mice showed that the endocytic uptake of advanced glycation end products (AGE) by macrophages was mediated mainly by MSR-A...
- Decreased methionine sulphoxide reductase A expression renders melanocytes more sensitive to oxidative stress: a possible cause for melanocyte loss in vitiligoZ Zhou
Department of Dermatology, Xijing Hospital, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Br J Dermatol 161:504-9. 2009..to methionine-S-sulphoxide and methionine-R-sulphoxide, which can be reduced by methionine sulphoxide reductase (MSR) A and B, respectively. MSR represents a unique repair mechanism in the skin antioxidant network...
- Methionine sulfoxide reductase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis, an enzyme designed to function at suboptimal growth temperaturesEiji Fukushima
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Bacteriol 189:7134-44. 2007Methionine sulfoxide reductase (Msr) catalyzes the thioredoxin-dependent reduction and repair of methionine sulfoxide (MetO)...
- Leaf litter is an important mediator of soil respiration in an oak-dominated forestJared L Deforest
Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University, Athens, 45701 2979, USA
Int J Biometeorol 53:127-34. 2009..Mineral soil and O horizon respiration were subtracted from mineral soil respiration (MSR) to estimate litter respiration (LR)...
- The spinal reflex of chronic spinal rats is supersensitive to 5-HTP but not to TRH or 5-HT agonistsN Nagano
Department of Toxicology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 149:337-44. 1988..5-MeODMT) and L-5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) were studied on the monosynaptic reflex (MSR) and the polysynaptic reflex (PSR) in acute and chronic spinal rats...
- Dietary fish oil reduces intercellular adhesion molecule 1 and scavenger receptor expression on murine macrophagesE A Miles
Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, Bassett Crescent East, SO16 7PX, Southampton, UK
Atherosclerosis 152:43-50. 2000..Macrophage scavenger receptor A (MSR-A) type I+type II and ICAM-1 expression were measured by flow cytometry and the levels of mRNA coding for MSR-A ..
- The PmlI-PmlR quorum-sensing system in Burkholderia pseudomallei plays a key role in virulence and modulates production of the MprA proteaseE Valade
Unite de Microbiologie, Département de Biologie des Agents Transmissibles, Centre de Recherches du Service de Santé des Armées Emile Pardé, 38702 La Tronche, France
J Bacteriol 186:2288-94. 2004..The virulence of this pathogen is thought to depend on a number of secreted proteins, including the MprA metalloprotease...
- Allergic reactions to insect stings: results from a national survey of 10,000 junior high school children in IsraelYael Graif
Allergy and Immunology Clinic, Pulmonary Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, affiliated with Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:1435-9. 2006..Insect sting allergy is a medical condition the magnitude of which has not been fully estimated in children...
- Human methionine synthase reductase is a molecular chaperone for human methionine synthaseKazuhiro Yamada
4002 Life Sciences Institute, Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, 210 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2216, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9476-81. 2006Sustained activity of mammalian methionine synthase (MS) requires MS reductase (MSR), but there have been few studies of the interactions between these two proteins...
- Antibiotic resistant enterococci and staphylococci isolated from flies collected near confined poultry feeding operationsJay P Graham
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Division of Environmental Health Engineering, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Sci Total Environ 407:2701-10. 2009..Resistance genes erm(B), erm(A), msr(C), msr(A/B) and mobile genetic elements associated with the conjugative transposon Tn916, were found in isolates ..
- Two independent retrons with highly diverse reverse transcriptases in Myxococcus xanthusS Inouye
Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway 08854
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:942-5. 1990..The structural analysis of the retron for msDNA-Mx65 revealed that the coding regions for msdRNA (msr) and msDNA (msd), and an open reading frame (ORF) downstream of msr are arranged in the same manner as found for ..
- [Structural and function of the human macrophage scavenger receptor]H Asaoka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo
Nihon Rinsho 51:1677-83. 1993Macrophage scavenger receptors (MSR) mediate the binding, internalization and processing of the wide range of negatively charged macromolecules...
- Regret, substance abuse, and readiness to change in a dually diagnosed sampleA W Blume
University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Addict Behav 23:693-7. 1998..Eighty dually diagnosed patients completed a 22-item Measure of Substance-Related Regret (MSR) that assessed the intensity, type, idiographic importance of, and emotions associated with regrets related to ..
- CD36 does not play a direct role in HDL or LDL metabolismW J de Villiers
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Lipid Res 42:1231-8. 2001..We compared the association of various lipoprotein particles with mCD36 and mSR-BI expressed in COS cells by adenovirus-mediated gene transfer...
- New erm Gene in Staphylococcus aureus clinical isolatesMayumi Matsuoka
Division of Microbiology, Hokkaido College of Pharmacy, Otaru, Hokkaido 047 0264, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:211-5. 2002..that was originally designated ermGM, from a Staphylococcus aureus strain that has a plasmid that also harbors msr(A) and mph(C), genes that encode an efflux mechanism and a putative phosphorylase, respectively...
- Participation of AMPA- and NMDA-type excitatory amino acid receptors in the spinal reflex transmission, in ratPál Kocsis
Pharmacological and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Ltd, H 1475 Budapest 10, P O Box 27, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 60:81-91. 2003..rat hemisected spinal cord preparation, the AMPA antagonists NBQX and GYKI 52466 abolished the monosynaptic reflex (MSR) potential but caused only partial inhibition of the motoneuronal population EPSP...
- Molecular epidemiology of multiresistant Streptococcus pneumoniae with both erm(B)- and mef(A)-mediated macrolide resistanceDavid J Farrell
GR Micro Limited, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 42:764-8. 2004..All isolates were positive for mel, a homologue of the msr(A) efflux gene...
- Methionine sulfoxide reductases: ubiquitous enzymes involved in antioxidant defense, protein regulation, and prevention of aging-associated diseasesJackob Moskovitz
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1703:213-9. 2005..A major biological role of the Msr system is suggested by the fact that the MsrA null mouse (MT) exhibits a neurological disorder in the form of ..
- Atrial myocardial deformation properties predict maintenance of sinus rhythm after external cardioversion of recent-onset lone atrial fibrillation: a color Doppler myocardial imaging and transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiographic studyGiovanni Di Salvo
Second University of Naples, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Circulation 112:387-95. 2005....
- Progestin, estrogen and androgen G-protein coupled receptors in fish gonadsPeter Thomas
University of Texas at Austin, Marine Science Institute, Port Aransas, 78374, USA
Steroids 71:310-6. 2006..7-transmembrane spanning proteins, representing two distinct classes of steroid membrane receptors, membrane progestin receptor alpha (mPRalpha) and a membrane estrogen receptor (mER), GPR30, have recently been identified in several ..
- Tracking a new cell-penetrating (W/R) nonapeptide, through an enzyme-stable mass spectrometry reporter tagDiane Delaroche
Synthèse, Structure et Fonction de Molécules Bioactives CNRS and FR 2769, UMR 7613, and Plateforme de Spectrométrie de Masse et Protéomique, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Anal Chem 79:1932-8. 2007We have designed a mass stable reporter (msr) tag with m/z over 500, trifluoroacetyl(alpha,alpha-diethyl)Gly-Lys(Nepsilonbiotin)-(D)Lys-Cys, for the quantification of the uptake and study of the degradation processes of cell-penetrating ..
- Interactions of diethylstilbestrol (DES) and DES analogs with membrane progestin receptor-alpha and the correlation with their nongenomic progestin activitiesToshinobu Tokumoto
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, National University Corporation Shizuoka University, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan
Endocrinology 148:3459-67. 2007....
- Protein interactions in the human methionine synthase-methionine synthase reductase complex and implications for the mechanism of enzyme reactivationKirsten R Wolthers
Faculty of Life Sciences, Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 46:6696-709. 2007..The C-terminal activation domain also interacts with methionine synthase reductase (MSR), a NADPH-dependent diflavin oxidoreductase required for the reductive regeneration of catalytically inert cob(II)..
- Identification of the photorespiratory 2-phosphoglycolate phosphatase, PGLP1, in ArabidopsisSandra Schwarte
Department of Plant Physiology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Plant Physiol 144:1580-6. 2007The chloroplastidal enzyme 2-phosphoglycolate phosphatase (PGLP), PGLP1, catalyzes the first reaction of the photorespiratory C(2) cycle, a major pathway of plant primary metabolism...
- Distribution and expression of macrolide resistance genes in coagulase-negative staphylococciS G Gatermann
Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:777-81. 2007..hominis, which carried inducible erm(C). The erm(A) and erm(B) determinants were comparatively rare. The msr(A) gene was carried by 20-30% of all erythromycin-resistant isolates, with little variation among species, and was ..
- Corticotropin-releasing hormone and pro-opiomelanocortin gene expression in female monkeys with differences in sensitivity to stressMaria Luisa Centeno
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Neuroendocrinology 86:277-88. 2007..assessed in brain tissue collected from nonstressed female cynomolgus monkeys previously categorized as highly stress resilient (HSR), medium stress resilient (MSR), or stress sensitive (SS) with respect to stress-induced anovulation.
- Increased catalytic efficiency following gene fusion of bifunctional methionine sulfoxide reductase enzymes from Shewanella oneidensisBaowei Chen
Cell Biology and Biochemistry Group, Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, P O Box 999, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Biochemistry 46:14153-61. 2007..e., MsrBA) enzyme. To investigate how gene fusion affects the substrate specificity and catalytic activities of Msr, we have cloned and expressed the MsrBA enzyme from Shewanella oneidensis, a metal-reducing bacterium and fish ..
- Solubilization of naphthalene in the presence of plant-synthetic mixed surfactant systemsK Jagajjanani Rao
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela 769 008, Orissa, India
J Phys Chem B 113:474-81. 2009..The mixed surfactant systems show negative deviation in molar solubilization ratio (MSR) from ideality...
- Monitoring compound integrity with cytochrome P450 assays and qHTSRyan MacArthur
NIH Chemical Genomics Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3370, USA
J Biomol Screen 14:538-46. 2009..They calculated the minimum significant ratio (MSR) from these potency values at each time interval and found that for the library stored in DMSO, the CYP 1A2 and 2D6 ..
- Oxidation of methionine residues: the missing link between stress and signalling responses in plantsMichael J Emes
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Biological Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada, N1G 2W1
Biochem J 422:e1-2. 2009..This process is reversible by MSR (methionine sulfoxide reductase) activity in vivo...
- Value of magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MSR) and dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance (DCEMR) imaging for the characterization of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (HGPIN) fociAlessandro Sciarra
Department of Urology, University Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Urol Oncol 29:634-40. 2011..The aim of this study was to analyze the magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MSR) and dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance (DCEMR) imaging features of isolated HGPIN lesions.
- Structural and biochemical characterization of free methionine-R-sulfoxide reductase from Neisseria meningitidisArnaud Gruez
Faculté des Sciences et Technologies, AREMS, UMR CNRS UHP 7214, Nancy Universite, Bld des Aiguillettes, BP 70239, 54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Biol Chem 285:25033-43. 2010A new family of methionine-sulfoxide reductase (Msr) was recently described. The enzyme, named fRMsr, selectively reduces the R isomer at the sulfoxide function of free methionine sulfoxide (Met-R-O)...
- Pre- and postsynaptic modulation of monosynaptic reflex by GABAA receptors on turtle spinal cordWendy Bautista
Departamento de Fisiologia, Biofisica y Neurociencias, CINVESTAV IPN, Avenida IPN No 2508, Colonia Zacatenco, Mexico D F, CP 07300, Mexico
J Physiol 588:2621-31. 2010..to determine if GABA(A) receptors mediating tonic inhibition participate in the modulation of monosynaptic reflex (MSR) in the vertebrate spinal cord...
- On the tractability of maximal strip recoveryLusheng Wang
Department of Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
J Comput Biol 17:907-14. 2010..The problem Maximal Strip Recovery (MSR) is to find two subsequences G' and H' of G and H, respectively, such that the total length of disjoint strips in G'..
- Distribution of mRNAs encoding classical progestin receptor, progesterone membrane components 1 and 2, serpine mRNA binding protein 1, and progestin and ADIPOQ receptor family members 7 and 8 in rat forebrainK A Intlekofer
Center for Neuroendocrinology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Neuroscience 172:55-65. 2011..These include progesterone receptor membrane component 1 (Pgrmc1), Pgrmc2, progestin and adipoQ receptor 7 (Paqr7) and Paqr8...
- Components of the Rv0081-Rv0088 locus, which encodes a predicted formate hydrogenlyase complex, are coregulated by Rv0081, MprA, and DosR in Mycobacterium tuberculosisHongjun He
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Center for Infectious Disease Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226 0509, USA
J Bacteriol 193:5105-18. 2011..encoding components of a predicted formate hydrogenylase enzyme complex that is directly regulated by DosR/DevR and MprA, and the product of the first gene in this operon, Rv0081...
- Pharmacogene regulatory elements: from discovery to applicationsRobin P Smith
Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Genome Med 4:45. 2012..chromatin interaction analysis by paired-end tag sequencing (ChIA-PET) and massively parallel reporter assays (MPRA)...
- Immunogenic recombinant Burkholderia pseudomallei MprA serine protease elicits protective immunity in miceChui Yoke Chin
Faculty of Science and Technology, School of Biosciences and Biotechnology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi Selangor DE, Malaysia
Front Cell Infect Microbiol 2:85. 2012..In an earlier study, we reported on the B. pseudomallei serine MprA protease, which is relatively stable over a wide pH and temperature range and digests physiological proteins...
- Activation of enteroendocrine membrane progesterone receptors promotes incretin secretion and improves glucose tolerance in miceGrace B Flock
Department of Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes 62:283-90. 2013..Knockdown of the membrane progesterone receptors Paqr5 or Paqr7 in GLUTag cells eliminated the stimulatory effect of R5020 and progesterone on GLP-1 secretion...
- Involvement of thioredoxin y2 in the preservation of leaf methionine sulfoxide reductase capacity and growth under high lightEdith Laugier
CEA, DSV, IBEB, Lab Ecophysiol Molecul Plantes, Saint Paul lez Durance, F 13108, France
Plant Cell Environ 36:670-82. 2013..Three MSR isoforms, MSRA4, MSRB1 and MSRB2, are present in Arabidopsis thaliana chloroplasts...
- Identification of an additional protein involved in mannan biosynthesisYan Wang
Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 48824, USA
Plant J 73:105-17. 2013..Because this protein is involved in mannan biosynthesis, we named it 'mannan synthesis-related' (MSR)...
- Role of Helicobacter pylori methionine sulfoxide reductase in urease maturationLisa G Kuhns
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Biochem J 450:141-8. 2013The persistence of the gastric pathogen Helicobacter pylori is due in part to urease and Msr (methionine sulfoxide reductase)...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility, tetracycline and erythromycin resistance genes, and multilocus sequence typing of Streptococcus suis isolates from diseased pigs in ChinaLei Chen
Unit of Animal Infectious Diseases, National Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430000, China
J Vet Med Sci 75:583-7. 2013..genes tet(M), tet(O), tet(O/W/32/O), tet(O/32/O), tet(S), tet(W), tet(L), tet(40), erm(B), mef(A/E) and msr(D) could be detected, and several tandem organizations of antibiotic resistance genes were also found in this study...
- Gene expression and physiological role of Pseudomonas aeruginosa methionine sulfoxide reductases during oxidative stressAdisak Romsang
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Bacteriol 195:3299-308. 2013..Unexpectedly, msr mutants have disparate resistance patterns when exposed to paraquat, a superoxide generator...
- Daily passive cycling attenuates the hyperexcitability and restores the responsiveness of the extensor monosynaptic reflex to quipazine in the chronic spinally transected ratJeremy W Chopek
1 Spinal Cord Research Centre, Department of Physiology and, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Neurotrauma 31:1083-7. 2014..The purpose of this study was to characterize the flexor and extensor monosynaptic reflex (MSR) response pre- and post-quipazine in chronic complete spinally transected rats that either underwent daily passive ..
- The need for a regional framework for marine scientific research in the Black Sea and Mediterranean SeaNilufer Oral
Istanbul Bilgi University Law School, Turkey
Mar Genomics 17:69-71. 2014..of the 1982 United Nations Law of the Sea Convention (UNCLOS) is Part XIII on Marine Scientific Research (MSR)...
- Differential regulation of the serotonin transporter by vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 in cells of neuronal versus non-neuronal originHeidi Kaastrup Müller
Translational Neuropsychiatry Unit, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Risskov, Denmark
PLoS ONE 9:e97540. 2014..on heterologous cells and rat hippocampal synaptosomes, and with FRET analysis in live transfected HEK-293 MSR cells. The related isoforms VAMP1 and VAMP3 also physically interact with SERT...
- Microsatellite repeat instability fuels evolution of embryonic enhancers in Hawaiian DrosophilaAndrew Brittain
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e101177. 2014..the binding sites in this set of well-characterized enhancers are footprinted by diverse microsatellite repeat (MSR) sequences...
- Cu-Al spinel oxide as an efficient catalyst for methanol steam reformingHongjuan Xi
Institute of Coal Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Taiyuan, 030001 China
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 53:11886-9. 2014..oxide, which contains a small portion of the CuO phase, has been successfully used in methanol steam reforming (MSR) without prereduction...
- Modulation of the maladaptive stress response to manage diseases of protein foldingDaniela Martino Roth
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 12:e1001998. 2014..We show that down-regulation of this maladaptive stress response (MSR), through silencing of HSF1, the master regulator of the HSR, restores cellular protein folding and improves the ..
- ClpP-independent function of ClpX interferes with telithromycin resistance conferred by Msr(A) in Staphylococcus aureusVladimir Vimberg
Institute of Microbiology, The Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:3611-4. 2015The ABCF family protein Msr(A) confers high resistance to macrolides but only low resistance to ketolides in staphylococci...
- The discovery of methionine sulfoxide reductase enzymes: An historical account and future perspectivesCesare Achilli
Laboratories of Biochemistry, Department of Biology and Biotechnology, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Biofactors 41:135-52. 2015..of Msrs is additionally emphasized by the discovery that one of the only 25 selenoproteins expressed in humans is a Msr. The milestones on the road that led to the discovery and characterization of this group of antioxidant enzymes are ..
- Characterization of Staphylococcus aureus from Raw Meat Samples in Tunisia: Detection of Clonal Lineage ST398 from the African ContinentSarra Chairat
1 Laboratoire de Microorganismes et Biomolécules Actives, Departement de Biologie, Faculté de Sciences de Tunis, Campus Universitaire, Tunis, Tunisia
Foodborne Pathog Dis 12:686-92. 2015..5%, aph[3']-IIIa), tobramycin (2.4%, ant[4']-Ia), erythromycin (14.3%, erm[A], erm[C], msr[A]), and penicillin (95%). The genes lukS-lukF were detected in two MSSA isolates (4...
- Mechanistic insights into metal ion activation and operator recognition by the ferric uptake regulatorZengqin Deng
State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Nat Commun 6:7642. 2015..Here, we report high-resolution structures of Magnetospirillum gryphiswaldense MSR-1 Fur in four different states: apo-Fur, holo-Fur, the Fur-feoAB1 operator complex and the Fur-Pseudomonas ..
- Hybrid method for designing digital FIR filters based on fractional derivative constraintsKuldeep Baderia
PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur 482005, MP, India Electronic address
ISA Trans 58:493-508. 2015..stopband error (ϕ(s)), stopband attenuation (A(s)), maximum passband ripple (MPR), maximum stopband ripple (MSR) and CPU time...
- Role of Oxidized Protein Repair in Human Skeletal MuscleSofia Lourenço
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, CNRS, UMR 8256, Biological Adaptation and Ageing, ERL INSERM U1164, Paris, France Electronic address
Free Radic Biol Med 75:S39. 2014..Indeed methionine sulfoxide is catalytically reduced back to methionine by the methionine sulfoxide reductase (Msr) system...
- Aggregate-based sub-CMC Solubilization of n-Alkanes by Monorhamnolipid BiosurfactantHua Zhong
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China Key Laboratory of Environmental Biology and Pollution Control Hunan University, Ministry of Education, Changsha, 410082, China Department of Soil, Water and Environmental Science, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
New J Chem 40:2028-2035. 2016..The capacity of solubilization presented by the molar solubilization ratio (MSR), however, is stronger at monoRL concentrations below CMC than above CMC...
- The scavenger receptor serves as a route for internalization of lysophosphatidylcholine in oxidized low density lipoprotein-induced macrophage proliferationM Sakai
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo 2 2 1, Kumamoto 860, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:27346-52. 1996..The present study was undertaken to further characterize the role of the macrophage scavenger receptor (MSR) in Ox-LDL-induced macrophage growth...
- A CBS haplotype and a polymorphism at the MSR gene are associated with cardiovascular disease in a Spanish case-control studyRoser Urreizti
Departament de Genetica, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, CIBERER, IBUB, Av Diagonal, 645, E 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Biochem 40:864-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association of polymorphisms present in genes related to homocysteine (Hcy) metabolism with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Zinc and ageing: third Zincage conferenceEugenio Mocchegiani
Immunolgy Ctr Section Nutrition, Immunity and Ageing Res Dept INRCA, Ancona, Italy
Immun Ageing 4:5. 2007..MT), chaperones, ApoJ, Poly(ADP-Ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP-1) and Methionione Sulfoxide Reductase (Msr), Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)], and helps to maintain genomic integrity and stability...
- Characterisation of the zebrafish serotonin transporter functionally links TM10 to the ligand binding siteKasper Severinsen
Centre for Psychiatric Research, Aarhus University Hospital, Risskov, Denmark
J Neurochem 105:1794-805. 2008..of [3H]5-HT uptake and [3H]-escitalopram binding in transiently transfected human embryonic kidney cells; HEK293-MSR. Residues responsible for altered affinities inhibitors were pinpointed by generating cross-species chimeras and ..
- The methionine sulfoxide reductases: Catalysis and substrate specificitiesSandrine Boschi-Muller
UMR 7567 CNRS UHP Maturation des ARN et Enzymologie Moléculaire, Nancy Universite, BP 239, 54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Arch Biochem Biophys 474:266-73. 2008..Methionine sulfoxide reductases (Msr) are ubiquitous enzymes, which catalyze the reduction of the sulfoxide function of the oxidized methionine residues...
- Selenium and the methionine sulfoxide reductase systemDerek B Oien
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Molecules 14:2337-44. 2009..The methionine sulfoxide reductase (Msr) system that reduces methionine sulfoxide (MetO) to methionine comprises the selenoprotein MsrB (MsrB1) and the non-..
- Significance of four methionine sulfoxide reductases in Staphylococcus aureusVineet Kumar Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The purpose of this study is to determine precise physiological roles of methionine sulfoxide reductase (Msr) enzymes in this organism. Oxidation of protein bound methionine residues leads to loss of biological activity...
- Retinal Imaging of Prognostic Indicators of AtherosclerosisFrederick R Haselton; Fiscal Year: 2010..24, and 44 weeks) and use QD-antibody conjugates injected in vivo to detect the inflammatory markers VCAM-1, MCP-1, MSR, and dimerized fibrin (D-dimer) on plaque surfaces, which serve as relatively early and late indicators of ..
- High Throughput Assay for Activators and Inhibitors of MSRAHerbert Weissbach; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The methionine sulfoxide reductase (Msr) system has been shown to play an important role in protecting cells against oxidative damage...
- Kiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2016..of reporter gene expression in the appropriate tissue type, using a novel massively parallel reporter assay (MPRA), to prioritize SNPs for further study;(2) use human genome editing with cutting-edge TAL effector nuclease (TALEN) ..
- Role of FHL-mediated formate metabolism in Mycobacterium tuberculosis persistenceThomas C Zahrt; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, this locus was found to be directly regulated by two response regulators (DosR/DevR and MprA) known to contribute to persistence by M. tuberculosis in vitro and in vivo...
- Molecular mechanisms of oxidative stress resistance in an animal model of aging wSarah Milton; Fiscal Year: 2009..residues on proteins and free amino acids;oxidized methionine compromises the activity of a number of enzymes and Msr may thus restore biological activity to damaged proteins...
- JOSEPH THOMAS WADE; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will apply genomics and high throughput technologies to develop a Mycobacterial Systems Resource (MSR) that will dramatically accelerate research throughout the entire mycobacterial community...
- Amino Acid Repair Activity in Helicobacter pyloriRobert J Maier; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Methionine sulfoxide reductases (Msr's) catalyze the reduction of methionine sulfoxide back to (normal) methionine...
- Kinetic Analysis of Methionine Synthase ReductaseKIRSTEN WOLTHERS; Fiscal Year: 2004..research are to understand the enzymology of human methionine synthase (MS) and methionine synthase reductase (MSR) as well as their clinically relevant variants...
- Retrograde Signaling in Alcohol-Induced Mitochondrial Stress and Biogenesis.Neil Kaplowitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..An unexplored aspect of mitochondrial homeostasis is the mitochondrial stress response (MSR) which regulates matrix chaperone production (e.g...
- CLONING OF PNEUMOCYSTIS CARINII CHROMOSOME ENDSMelanie Cushion; Fiscal Year: 2002..carinii organisms. A third gene family, encoding the major surface glycoproteins related antigens (MSR), has also been identified in the subtelomeric regions...
- Role of Msr in Oxidative Stres in S. aureusRADHESHYAM JAYASWAL; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of the proposed studies are expected to provide detailed understanding of the MsrA in staphylococcal physiology and pathogenesis. ..
- SQUID-Controlled Noise Reduction Coils for Fetal MCGDOUGLAS PAULSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to replace the MSR for fMCG with a system combining two commercially developed components: active cancellation and reference SQUiDs...
- STRUCTURE AND EXPRESSION OF PNEUMOCYSTIS ANTIGEN GENESJames Stringer; Fiscal Year: 2009..murina. In this application, we propose structural and functional studies on gene families (MSG, PRT, MSR) in rodent Pneumocystis species...
- Surfactants and the M. tuberculosis mprA stress responseSusan Howard; Fiscal Year: 2006..The M. tuberculosis mprAB TCS includes the putative transcription factor, mprA. Our data indicate that mprA is activated by conditions which can damage the cell envelope, including exposure to ..
- ODORANT-RECEPTOR INTERACTIONS IN OLFACTORY NEURONSThomas Getchell; Fiscal Year: 2005..and its receptor CCR1 in macrophage recruitment and suggest that the class A macrophage scavenger receptor (MSR-A) is involved in the clearance of apoptotic neurons, thus linking apoptosis, phagocytosis, cell proliferation, and ..
- A novel method to identify methionine-oxidized proteinsJackob Moskovitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..events that may cause permanent protein damage if not properly reversed by the methionine sulfoxide reductase (Msr) system (consisting of MsrA and MsrB enzymes)...
- MECHANISMS OF REPRODUCTIVE NEUROENDOCRINE TOXICITYPeter Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study will investigate a novel mechanism of PCB neurotoxicity and neuroendocrine toxicity which may also have significance for other neural functions such as those associated with mental health. ..
- Characteristics of a putative steroid membrane receptorPeter Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2010..Nonclassical P4 signaling pathways mediated via mPRa and mPRb in human myocytes will be investigated...
- Rhesus Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Serotonin NeuronsCYNTHIA BETHEA; Fiscal Year: 2007..The knowledge obtained from this work will lead to novel treatments for psychoneuropathologies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OVARIAN STEROID REGULATION OF SEROTONIN IN PRIMATESCYNTHIA LOUISE BETHEA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Altogether, we will show that ovarian steroids support serotonin neuron survival and we will provide pivotal underlying genomic mechanisms. ..
- Genetics of Anxious and Depressive BehaviorsJudy Cameron; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Enhanced Killing of Cancer Cell by Sulindac and Oxidative StressHerbert Weissbach; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will contribute the understanding of the mechanism that lead to cancer cells death by the NSAID Sulindac and its derivatives. PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 09/04) Page Continuation Format Page [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR GERONTOLOGY OF THE HUMAN OLFACTORY SYSTEMMARILYN GETCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanistic model of multisensory postural controlJohn Jeka; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future work will address patient populations with similar techniques to determine the basis of their balance deficits. ..
- MULTISENSORY INTEGRATION AND HUMAN POSTURAL CONTROLJOHN JOSEPH JEKA; Fiscal Year: 2010..4 B and are expected to exceed $32B by 2020, leading Congress to institute legislation expanding fall-related research and fall-risk reduction programs (House Resolution 3695, 2002). ..
- Extra-Nuclear Steroid Receptors: Integration with Multiple Signaling PathwaysSTEPHEN HAMMES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 Bioanalytical Sensors Gordon Research ConferenceChris Taitt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MULTISENSORY INTEGRATION AND HUMAN POSTURAL CONTROLJohn Jeka; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 17th Meeting of the International Society for Posture and Gait Research, July 14John Jeka; Fiscal Year: 2007..We argue that a better understanding of the processes underlying the control of posture and locomotion will enhance the treatment options presently available. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIGH DENSITY MICROARRAYS WITH QUANTITATIVE QC/QAMartin Hessner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our success will provide an accurate, flexible, lower cost alternative to commercial arrays for laboratories wishing to conduct gene expression studies. ..