Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pancreatic ribonuclease
Description: ribonuclease A family member 1, pancreatic
Alias: RAC1, RIB1, RNS1, ribonuclease pancreatic, HP-RNase, RIB-1, RNase 1, RNase A, RNase upI-1, ribonuclease 1, ribonuclease A C1, ribonuclease, RNase A family, 1 (pancreatic)
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- Degradation of double-stranded RNA by human pancreatic ribonuclease: crucial role of noncatalytic basic amino acid residuesSalvatore Sorrentino
Department of Biological Chemistry, University Federico II of Naples, Naples, Italy
Biochemistry 42:10182-90. 2003..Human pancreatic ribonuclease (HP-RNase) is the most powerful enzyme to degrade dsRNA within the tetrapod RNase superfamily, being 500-..
- Three-dimensional structure of a human pancreatic ribonuclease variant, a step forward in the design of cytotoxic ribonucleasesJ Pous
Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona, CID CSIC, Jordi Girona 18 26, Barcelona, 08034, Spain
J Mol Biol 303:49-60. 2000We have determined the crystal structure of a human pancreatic ribonuclease or RNase 1 variant at 1.65 A resolution. Five residues in the N-terminal region were substituted by the corresponding amino acids of the bovine seminal RNase...
- Interaction of human pancreatic ribonuclease with human ribonuclease inhibitor. Generation of inhibitor-resistant cytotoxic variantsD Gaur
Immunochemistry Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi 110067, India
J Biol Chem 276:24978-84. 2001..Human pancreatic ribonuclease (HPR) is structurally and functionally very similar to bovine RNase A and interacts with human RI with a ..
- Glycine 38 is crucial for the ribonucleolytic activity of human pancreatic ribonuclease on double-stranded RNADeepak Gaur
Immunochemistry Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi 110 067, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:390-5. 2002Human pancreatic ribonuclease (HPR) and bovine seminal ribonuclease (BS-RNase) exhibit significantly higher activity against double stranded RNA (dsRNA), compared to RNase A...
- Glycosylation of human pancreatic ribonuclease: differences between normal and tumor statesRosa Peracaula
Departament de Biologia, Universitat de Girona, Campus de Montilivi s n 17071, Girona, Spain
Glycobiology 13:227-44. 2003Characterization of the N-glycans from human pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase 1) isolated from healthy pancreas and from pancreatic adenocarcinoma tumor cells (Capan-1 and MDAPanc-3) revealed completely different glycosylation patterns...
- The amino acid sequence of human pancreatic ribonucleaseJ J Beintema
Anal Biochem 136:48-64. 1984The primary structure of human (Homo sapiens) pancreatic ribonuclease has been determined by automatic sequencing of the native protein and by analysis of peptides obtained by cleavage with proteolytic enzymes, cyanogen bromide, and ..
- Three-dimensional structure of human RNase 1 delta N7 at 1.9 A resolutionJ Pous
Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona, CID CSIC, Jordi Girona 18 26, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 57:498-505. 2001Human pancreatic ribonuclease 1 (RNase 1) is considered to be the human counterpart of bovine pancreatic RNase A...
- Human endothelial cells selectively express large amounts of pancreatic-type ribonuclease (RNase 1)Julien B P Landré
INSERM EPI 0113, Universite Bordeaux I, Avenue des Facultes, Talence, France
J Cell Biochem 86:540-52. 2002..The selective strong release of pancreatic-type RNase by endothelial cells suggests that it is endowed with non-digestive functions and involved in vascular homeostasis...
- Killing of endothelial cells and release of arachidonic acid. Synergistic effects among hydrogen peroxide, membrane-damaging agents, cationic substances, and proteinases and their modulation by inhibitorsI Ginsburg
Department of Oral Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Inflammation 17:295-319. 1993..agents: the cationic substances, nuclear histone, defensins, lysozyme, poly-L-arginine, spermine, pancreatic ribonuclease, polymyxin B, chlorhexidine, cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide, as well as by the membrane-damaging agents ..
- Molecular evolution of B6 enzymes: binding of pyridoxal-5'-phosphate and Lys41Arg substitution turn ribonuclease A into a model B6 protoenzymeRosa A Vacca
Institute of Biomembranes and Bioenergetics, CNR, Via Amendola 165 A, I 70126 Bari, Italy
BMC Biochem 9:17. 2008..Here we report on an attempt to re-enact the emergence of a PLP-dependent protoenzyme. The starting protein was pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase), in which active-site Lys41 or Lys7 readily form a covalent adduct with PLP.
- The phylogenetic position of "Acomyinae" (Rodentia, Mammalia) as sister group of a Murinae + Gerbillinae clade: evidence from the nuclear ribonuclease geneJ Y Dubois
Rijks Universiteit Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, Groningen, 9747 AG, The Netherlands
Mol Phylogenet Evol 13:181-92. 1999The phylogenetic relationships of Acomys and Uranomys within Muridae were investigated using nuclear pancreatic ribonuclease A gene sequences...
- Recognition of ribonuclease A by 3'-5'-pyrophosphate-linked dinucleotide inhibitors: a molecular dynamics/continuum electrostatics analysisSavvas Polydoridis
Department of Physics, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
Biophys J 92:1659-72. 2007The proteins of the pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) family catalyze the cleavage of the RNA polymer chain...
- Activation pathways of 5-fluorouracil in rat organs and in PC12 cellsL Mascia
Department of Physiology and Biochemistry, University of Pisa, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Via S Maria 55, I 56126 Pisa, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 62:213-8. 2001..of ribose 5-phosphate to 5-FU as catalysed by orotate phosphoribosyltransferase; 2) the ribose 1-phosphate (Rib1-P)-mediated addition of ribose by uridine phosphorylase, followed by the action of uridine kinase; and 3) the 2'-..
- Onconase and amphinase, the antitumor ribonucleases from Rana pipiens oocytesW Ardelt
Alfacell Corporation, 300 Atrium Drive, Somerset, NJ 08873, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 9:215-25. 2008Rana pipiens oocytes contain two homologues of pancreatic ribonuclease A that are cytostatic and cytotoxic to human cancer cells...
- Multiple solvent crystal structures of ribonuclease A: an assessment of the methodMichelle Dechene
Department of Molecular and Structural Biochemistry, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
Proteins 76:861-81. 2009..The crystal structures of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNAse A) soaked in the following organic solvents are presented: 50% dioxane, 50% dimethylformamide, ..
- Purification and characterization of a ribonuclease from human liverS Sorrentino
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine 90024 1737
J Biol Chem 263:16125-31. 1988..composition and the amino-terminal sequence of the enzyme indicate that the protein is related to human pancreatic ribonuclease and to angiogenin, and that it may be identical with an eosinophil-derived neurotoxin and to a ..
- Evolution of nucleic acids coding for ribonucleases: the mRNA sequence of mouse pancreatic ribonucleaseC Schuller
Biochemisch Laboratorium, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Evol 7:29-44. 1990..Comparison with the rat pancreatic ribonuclease sequence showed a high rate of nucleotide substitution...
- Natural merodiploidy of the lux-rib operon of Photobacterium leiognathi from coastal waters of Honshu, JapanJennifer C Ast
Department of Ecological and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, 830 North University Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1048, USA
J Bacteriol 189:6148-58. 2007..13.1 defined two complete, physically separate, and apparently functional operons, designated lux-rib1 and lux-rib2. P. leiognathi strains lelon.2.1 and lnuch.21...
- Tandemization endows bovine pancreatic ribonuclease with cytotoxic activityFranziska Leich
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Kurt Mothes Str 3, 06120 Halle, Germany
J Mol Biol 358:1305-13. 2006Due to their ability to degrade RNA, selected members of the bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) superfamily are potent cytotoxins...
- Modeling formalin fixation and histological processing with ribonuclease A: effects of ethanol dehydration on reversal of formaldehyde cross-linksCarol B Fowler
Department of Biophysics, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Lab Invest 88:785-91. 2008..Our initial studies of single proteins, such as bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A), in 10% buffered formalin solution revealed that upon removal of excess formaldehyde, ..
- Metabolic engineering and classic selection of the yeast Candida famata (Candida flareri) for construction of strains with enhanced riboflavin productionKostyantyn V Dmytruk
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology, Institute of Cell Biology, NAS of Ukraine, Drahomanov Street 14 16, Lviv 79005, Ukraine
Metab Eng 13:82-8. 2011..factor SEF1 and IMH3 (coding for IMP dehydrogenase) orthologs from Debaryomyces hansenii, and the homologous genes RIB1 and RIB7, encoding GTP cyclohydrolase II and riboflavin synthetase, the first and the last enzymes of riboflavin ..
- Bactericidal activity engineered on human pancreatic ribonuclease and onconaseGerard Torrent
Laboratori d Enginyeria de Proteïnes, Departament de Biologia, Facultat de Ciencies, Universitat de Girona, Campus de Montilivi s n 17071 Girona, Spain
Mol Pharm 6:531-42. 2009..In the present paper, however, we have used two nonbactericidal ribonucleases, onconase and the human pancreatic ribonuclease, as scaffolds onto which to engineer bactericidal activity...
- Trifluoroethanol-induced conformational transitions of proteins: insights gained from the differences between alpha-lactalbumin and ribonuclease AK Gast
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Protein Sci 8:625-34. 1999..changes of two proteins widely used in folding experiments, bovine alpha-lactalbumin, and bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A, have been investigated...
- Evasion of ribonuclease inhibitor as a determinant of ribonuclease cytotoxicityThomas J Rutkoski
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 433 Babcock Drive, Madison, WI 53706 1544, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 9:185-9. 2008Onconase (ONC) is an amphibian member of the bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A) superfamily that exhibits innate antitumoral activity. ONC has been granted both orphan-drug and fast-track status by the U.S...
- Adaptive evolution of digestive RNASE1 genes in leaf-eating monkeys revisited: new insights from ten additional colobinesLi Yu
Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bio resource and Key Laboratory for Microbial Resources of the Ministry of Education, Yunnan University, Kunming, China
Mol Biol Evol 27:121-31. 2010....
- Crystal structures of ribonuclease A complexes with 5'-diphosphoadenosine 3'-phosphate and 5'-diphosphoadenosine 2'-phosphate at 1.7 A resolutionD D Leonidas
School of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, U K
Biochemistry 36:5578-88. 1997High-resolution (1.7 A) crystal structures have been determined for bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) complexed with 5'-diphosphoadenosine 3'-phosphate (ppA-3'-p) and 5'-diphosphoadenosine 2'-phosphate (ppA-2'-p), as well as for ..
- The crystal structure of eosinophil cationic protein in complex with 2',5'-ADP at 2.0 A resolution reveals the details of the ribonucleolytic active siteC Gopi Mohan
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, U K
Biochemistry 41:12100-6. 2002..ECP belongs to the pancreatic ribonuclease superfamily of proteins, and the crystal structure of ECP in the unliganded form (determined previously) ..
- Production of human pancreatic ribonuclease in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Escherichia coliM Ribo
Unitat de Bioquímica i Biologia Molecular, Departament de Biologia, Universitat de Girona, Girona, Spain
Protein Expr Purif 7:253-61. 1996Human pancreatic ribonuclease (HP-RNase) has considerable promise as a therapeutic agent. Structure-function analyses of HP-RNase have been impeded by the difficulty of obtaining the enzyme from its host...
- Toward an antitumor form of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease: the crystal structure of three noncovalent dimeric mutantsAntonello Merlino
Department of Chemistry, University of Naples, Complesso Universitario Monte S Angelo, Via Cinthia, I 80126 Naples, Italy
Biopolymers 91:1029-37. 2009..The introduction of Leu28, Cys31, and Cys32 and, in addition, of Pro19 in the sequence of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A) has produced two dimeric variants LCC and PLCC, which do exhibit a cytotoxic activity, though ..
- The structural determinants that lead to the formation of particular oligomeric structures in the pancreatic-type ribonuclease familyA Benito
Laboratori d Enginyeria de Proteïnes, Departament de Biologia, Facultat de Ciencies, Universitat de Girona, Campus de Montilivi s n, E 17071, Girona, Spain
Curr Protein Pept Sci 9:370-93. 2008..The prototype of this family is bovine pancreatic ribonuclease or ribonuclease A...
- Crystal structure of porcine ribonuclease inhibitor, a protein with leucine-rich repeatsB Kobe
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9050
Nature 366:751-6. 1993Ribonuclease inhibitor is a cytoplasmic protein that tightly binds and inhibits ribonucleases of the pancreatic ribonuclease superfamily...
- Cytotoxicity of bovine seminal ribonuclease: monomer versus dimerJ Eugene Lee
Departments of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Biochemistry 44:15760-7. 2005Bovine seminal ribonuclease (BS-RNase) is a homologue of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A). Unlike RNase A, BS-RNase has notable toxicity for human tumor cells...
- Oligomerization and aggregation of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A: characteristic events observed by FTIR spectroscopyYong Bin Yan
Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, and State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Biophys J 90:2525-33. 2006..We studied the specific events of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A thermal aggregation by a combination of second derivative infrared analysis and two-dimensional ..
- A new mutant of bovine seminal ribonuclease with a reversed swapping propensityCarmine Ercole
Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita Federico II di Napoli, Via Cintia, 80126 Napoli, Italy
Biochemistry 46:2227-32. 2007..mutants by replacing selected residues with the corresponding ones of its monomeric counterpart, bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A)...
- 'Crystal lattice engineering,' an approach to engineer protein crystal contacts by creating intermolecular symmetry: crystallization and structure determination of a mutant human RNase 1 with a hydrophobic interface of leucinesHidenori Yamada
Department of Medical and Bioengineering Science, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Japan
Protein Sci 16:1389-97. 2007..interface (comprising four leucine residues) was introduced into a helical region (helix 2) of the human pancreatic ribonuclease 1 (RNase 1) that was predicted to form a suitable crystallization interface...
- Conformational changes below the Tm: molecular dynamics studies of the thermal pretransition of ribonuclease AEric D Merkley
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 5061, USA
Biochemistry 47:880-92. 2008..variation, we have performed all-atom, explicit-solvent molecular dynamics simulations of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) up to its melting temperature (Tm approximately 337 K)...
- Dissimilarity in the oxidative folding of onconase and ribonuclease A, two structural homologuesRobert F Gahl
Baker Laboratory of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1301, USA
Protein Eng Des Sel 21:223-31. 2008..A family, was examined and shows markedly different behavior compared to its structural homologue bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) under similar conditions...
- The structural basis of the difference in sensitivity for PNGase F in the de-N-glycosylation of the native bovine pancreatic ribonucleases B and BSVeronique Blanchard
Bijvoet Center, Department of Bio Organic Chemistry, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, NL 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 47:3435-46. 2008..A typical example is native bovine pancreatic ribonuclease B (RNase B) with oligomannose-type N-glycans at Asn-34...
- Embryo transfer rederivation of C.B-17/Icr-Prkdc(scid) mice experimentally infected with mouse parvovirus 1David G Besselsen
Department of University Animal Care, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Comp Med 58:353-9. 2008..All of these mice were negative by MFI for parvovirus nonstructural protein antigen (rNS1) and by qPCR, with the exception of 1 recipient female mouse that displayed weak rNS1 seroreactivity and low levels ..
- Structural features for the mechanism of antitumor action of a dimeric human pancreatic ribonuclease variantAntonello Merlino
Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via Cintia, Napoli 80126, Italy
Protein Sci 18:50-7. 2009....
- Human placental ribonuclease inhibitor abolishes both angiogenic and ribonucleolytic activities of angiogeninR Shapiro
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:2238-41. 1987..Assays measuring competition between angiogenin and bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A for PRI reveal that binding of the inhibitor to angiogenin is extremely tight, with a Ki value well ..
- Swapping structural determinants of ribonucleases: an energetic analysis of the hinge peptide 16-22L Mazzarella
Centro di Studio di Biocristallografia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:3799-803. 1995Bovine seminal ribonuclease (BS-RNase) is a homodimeric enzyme strictly homologous to the pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A)...
- The Arabidopsis ribonuclease gene RNS1 is tightly controlled in response to phosphate limitationP A Bariola
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1312
Plant J 6:673-85. 1994..Here, the control of two closely related ribonuclease genes of Arabidopsis, RNS1 and RNS3 is investigated...
- Detection of antibodies against porcine parvovirus nonstructural protein NS1 may distinguish between vaccinated and infected pigsE S Madsen
Danish Veterinary Institute for Virus Research, Kalvehave, Denmark
Vet Microbiol 54:1-16. 1997..Sf9 cells (Spodoptora frugidiperda) inoculated with AcNPV-NS1 producing recombinant nonstructural protein (rNS1) and AcNPV-VP2 producing recombinant virion protein (rVP2) were used in IPT and ELISA to analyse serum antibodies...
- Conformational propensities of protein folding intermediates: distribution of species in the 1S, 2S, and 3S ensembles of the [C40A,C95A] mutant of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease AWilliam J Wedemeyer
Baker Laboratory of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 1301, USA
Biochemistry 41:1483-91. 2002..We address this problem by studying the conformational propensities of reductively unfolded RNase A under folding conditions, since earlier work has indicated that the equilibrium conformational ensemble of fully ..
- Secondary structure analysis of proteins embedded in spherical polyelectrolyte brushes by FT-IR spectroscopyAlexander Wittemann
Physikalische Chemie I, Universitat Bayreuth, Universitaetsstrasse 30, D 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
Anal Chem 76:2813-9. 2004The adsorption of bovine serum albumin (BSA), bovine beta-lactoglobulin, and bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A onto spherical polyelectrolyte brushes (SPB) is reported...
- Insertional-fusion of basic fibroblast growth factor endowed ribonuclease 1 with enhanced cytotoxicity by steric blockade of inhibitor interactionHiroko Tada
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
FEBS Lett 568:39-43. 2004Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) was inserted in the middle of human ribonuclease 1 (RNase1) sequence at an RNase inhibitor (RI)-binding site (Gly89) by a new gene fusion technique, insertional-fusion...
- Use of isotopic signatures for mass spectral detection of protein adduction by chemically reactive metabolites of bromobenzene: studies with model proteinsWeimin Yue
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Kansas, Malott Hall, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 18:1748-54. 2005..1) and Nalpha-acetyl-Nepsilon-(p-bromophenyl)-L-lysine (2) to bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A...
- A ternary nucleation model for the nucleation pathway of protein foldingY S Djikaev
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260, USA
J Chem Phys 126:175103. 2007..As an illustration, the model is applied to the folding of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease consisting of 124 amino acids whereof 40 are hydrophobic, 81 hydrophilic, and 3 neutral...
- Tuning the pK(a) of fluorescein to optimize binding assaysLuke D Lavis
Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Anal Chem 79:6775-82. 2007..The fluorescence of fluorescein-labeled model protein, bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A), decreases upon binding to its cognate inhibitor protein (RI)...
- Characterization of human angiogenin variants implicated in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisBenedict Crabtree
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 46:11810-8. 2007Human angiogenin (ANG), the first member of the angiogenin family (from the pancreatic ribonuclease A superfamily) to be identified, is an angiogenic factor that induces neovascularization...
- The molecular characterization of a novel GH38 α-mannosidase from the crenarchaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus revealed its ability in de-mannosylating glycoproteinsBeatrice Cobucci-Ponzano
Institute of Protein Biochemistry Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Biochimie 92:1895-907. 2010..More interestingly, Ssα-man removes mannose residues from the glycosidic moiety of the bovine pancreatic ribonuclease B, suggesting that it could process mannosylated proteins also in vivo...
- Antitumor activity of ribonuclease multimers created by site-specific covalent tetheringThomas J Rutkoski
Departments of Biochemistry and Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 433 Babcock Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Bioconjug Chem 21:1691-702. 2010..A monomeric RI-evasive variant of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A) inhibits the growth of human prostate and lung tumors in mice...
- A human ribonuclease induces apoptosis associated with p21WAF1/CIP1 induction and JNK inactivationJessica Castro
Laboratori d Enginyeria de Proteïnes, Departament de Biologia, Facultat de Ciencies, Universitat de Girona, Campus de Montilivi s n E 17071 Girona, Spain
BMC Cancer 11:9. 2011..The mechanism of cytotoxicity of PE5, a variant of human pancreatic ribonuclease carrying a nuclear localization signal, has been investigated and compared to that of onconase.
- Bovine pancreatic ribonuclease: fifty years of the first enzymatic reaction mechanismClaudi M Cuchillo
Departament de Bioquímica i Biologia Molecular, Unitat de Biociències, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
Biochemistry 50:7835-41. 2011..The Mathias and Rabin mechanism has appeared in numerous textbooks, monographs, and reviews and continues to have a profound impact on biochemistry...
- PHF6 regulates cell cycle progression by suppressing ribosomal RNA synthesisJiadong Wang
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 288:3174-83. 2013..Together, these results reveal that the key function of PHF6 is involved in regulating rRNA synthesis, which may contribute to its roles in cell cycle control, genomic maintenance, and tumor suppression...
- MicroRNA drop in the bloodstream and microRNA boost in the tumour caused by treatment with ribonuclease A leads to an attenuation of tumour malignancyNadezhda Mironova
Laboratory of Nucleic Acids Biochemistry, Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation
PLoS ONE 8:e83482. 2013..Recently, antitumour and antimetastatic activities of pancreatic ribonuclease A were demonstrated and here genome-wide profiles of microRNAs in the tumour and blood of mice bearing ..
- Mussel-inspired new approach for polymerization and cross-linking of peptides and proteins containing tyrosines by Fremy's salt oxidationMeir Wilchek
Department of Biological Chemistry, Wiezmann Institue of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Bioconjug Chem 26:502-10. 2015..The proteins tested were as follows: bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase), lysozyme, IgG, avidin, and streptavidin...
- Mia40 is a facile oxidant of unfolded reduced proteins but shows minimal isomerase activityDevin A Hudson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, United States
Arch Biochem Biophys 579:1-7. 2015..Reduced pancreatic ribonuclease A (rRNase), avian lysozyme, and riboflavin binding protein are all competent substrates of the Mia40/..
- Interactions of carboplatin and oxaliplatin with proteins: Insights from X-ray structures and mass spectrometry studies of their ribonuclease A adductsLuigi Messori
Department of Chemistry, University of Florence, Via della Lastruccia 3, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Italy Electronic address
J Inorg Biochem 153:136-42. 2015..Here, the X-ray structures of the adducts formed upon reaction of carboplatin and oxaliplatin with bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A) are reported and compared with results obtained for the structure of the RNase A-cisplatin ..
- Changes in brain ribonuclease (BRB) messenger RNA in granulosa cells (GCs) of dominant vs subordinate ovarian follicles of cattle and the regulation of BRB gene expression in bovine GCsJ L Dentis
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, 74078, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 55:32-40. 2016..A superfamily that is constitutively expressed in a range of tissues and is the functional homolog of human ribonuclease 1. This study was designed to characterize BRB gene expression in granulosa cells (GCs) during development of ..
- Expression Patterns and Functional Novelty of Ribonuclease 1 in Herbivorous Megalobrama amblycephalaHan Liu
Key Lab of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Key Lab of Freshwater Animal Breeding, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Fisheries, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Int J Mol Sci 17:. 2016b>Ribonuclease 1 (RNase1) is an important digestive enzyme that has been used to study the molecular evolutionary and plant-feeding adaptation of mammals...
- Assignment of pancreatic ribonuclease gene to mouse chromosome 14R W Elliott
Cytogenet Cell Genet 42:110-2. 1986A pancreatic ribonuclease cDNA was used as a probe for Southern blot hybridization of genomic DNA from recombinant inbred strains of mice...
- Engineering ribonuclease A: production, purification and characterization of wild-type enzyme and mutants at Gln11S B delCardayre
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison 53706 1569, USA
Protein Eng 8:261-73. 1995Bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) has been the object of much landmark work in biological chemistry...
- Structural features that determine the enzymatic potency and specificity of human angiogenin: threonine-80 and residues 58-70 and 116-123R Shapiro
Center for Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences and Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biochemistry 37:6847-56. 1998Human angiogenin (Ang), a homologue of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A), is a potent inducer of blood vessel formation...
- Effects of sucrose on conformational equilibria and fluctuations within the native-state ensemble of proteinsYong Sung Kim
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Protein Sci 12:1252-61. 2003..model osmolyte, on conformational equilibria and fluctuations within the native-state ensembles of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A and S and horse heart cytochrome c...
- Minor folding defects trigger local modification of glycoproteins by the ER folding sensor GTChristiane Ritter
Institute of Biochemistry, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 24:1730-8. 2005..Using an improved inhibitor assay based on soluble conformers of pancreatic ribonuclease in its glycosylated (RNase B) and unglycosylated (RNase A) forms, we found that the protein moiety of a ..
- The rib1 mutant of Arabidopsis has alterations in indole-3-butyric acid transport, hypocotyl elongation, and root architectureJulie Poupart
Department of Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Plant Physiol 139:1460-71. 2005..the first demonstration of altered IBA transport in an Arabidopsis mutant, and show that the resistant to IBA (rib1) mutation results in alterations in growth, development, and response to exogenous auxin consistent with an ..
- Two-metal-ion mechanism for hammerhead-ribozyme catalysisFabrice Leclerc
Laboratoire de Maturation des ARN et Enzymologie Moleculaire, Universite Henri Poincare, Faculte des Sciences, 54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Phys Chem B 110:3395-409. 2006..Thus, the overall reaction corresponds to that catalyzed by bovine pancreatic ribonuclease. However, an essential distinguishing aspect is that metal ions are not involved in RNase catalysis but ..
- Electric charge divergence in proteins: insights into the evolution of their three-dimensional propertiesYukuto Sato
Division of Molecular Marine Biology, Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo, Minamidai 1 15 1, Nakano Ku, Tokyo 164 8639, Japan
Gene 441:3-11. 2009..To obtain further insights, ALD and PGI were compared to the proteins pancreatic ribonuclease (EC 22.214.171.124) and triose-phosphate isomerase (EC 5.3.1...
- FAMBE-pH: a fast and accurate method to compute the total solvation free energies of proteinsYury N Vorobjev
Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk, Russia
J Phys Chem B 112:11122-36. 2008..proteins, namely, bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor (BPTI), hen egg white lysozyme (HEWL), and bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNaseA)...
- Super induction of dengue virus NS1 protein in E. coliDipankar Das
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, 11304 89 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Protein Expr Purif 66:66-72. 2009..The NS1 protein was successfully affinity purified and refolded as a recombinant NS1 (rNS1) protein in E. coli and yield was 230-250 mg/L of bacterial culture...
- Terrimonas aquatica sp. nov., isolated from a freshwater springShih Yi Sheu
Department of Marine Biotechnology, National Kaohsiung Marine University, No 142, Hai Chuan Rd, Nan Tzu, Kaohsiung City 811, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:2705-9. 2010A yellow-pigmented bacterial strain, designated RIB1-6(T), was isolated from a freshwater spring in Taiwan. Strain RIB1-6(T) was aerobic, Gram-negative, rod-shaped, non-motile and non-spore-forming...
- Protein side-chain translocation mutagenesis via incorporation of peptoid residuesByoung Chul Lee
Biological Nanostructures Facility, The Molecular Foundry, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, California 94720, USA
ACS Chem Biol 6:1367-74. 2011..were able to introduce peptoid residues (N-substituted glycine residues) at defined positions into bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A...
- Chain termini cross-talk in the swapping process of bovine pancreatic ribonucleaseAntonello Merlino
Department of Chemistry, University of Naples Federico II, Complesso Universitario Monte S Angelo, Via Cinthia, I 80126 Naples, Italy
Biochimie 94:1108-18. 2012..Bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A) is able to swap the N-terminal α-helix (residues 1-13) and/or the C-terminal β-strand (..
- Generation of human single-chain variable fragment antibodies specific to dengue virus non-structural protein 1 that interfere with the virus infectious cycleOrnnuthchar Poungpair
Division of Molecular Medicine Department of Research and Development Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital Mahidol University Bangkok, Thailand
MAbs 6:474-82. 2014..Recombinant NS1 (rNS1) of DENV serotype 2 (DENV2) was used as antigen in phage bio-panning to select phage clones that displayed HuScFv ..
- Platinated oligomers of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease: Structure and stabilityDelia Picone
Department of Chemical Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Via Cintia, I 80126 Naples, Italy Electronic address
J Inorg Biochem 146:37-43. 2015..reaction between cis-diamminedichloroplatinum(II) (CDDP), cisplatin, a common anticancer drug, and bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A), induces extensive protein aggregation, leading to the formation of one dimer, one trimer and ..
- Acclimation of the crucifer Eutrema salsugineum to phosphate limitation is associated with constitutively high expression of phosphate-starvation genesVera Marjorie Elauria Velasco
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, L8S 4K1, Canada
Plant Cell Environ 39:1818-34. 2016..Absolute quantification of transcripts indicated that PHR1, WRKY75 and RNS1 were expressed at higher levels in Eutrema plants relative to those in Arabidopsis regardless of external Pi...
- Live cell fluorescence imaging for early expression and localization of RIB1 and RIB3 genes in Ashbya gossypiiSudeshna Sengupta
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
J Basic Microbiol 54:81-7. 2014Ashbya gossypii is a riboflavin overproducing filamentous fungus. RIB1 and RIB3 genes encode GTP-cyclohydrolase II (GCH II) and DHBP synthase, respectively, the two rate limiting enzymes of the riboflavin biosynthetic pathway...
- Intrachain disulfide bridges of bovine seminal ribonucleaseA Di Donato
Biochim Biophys Acta 579:303-13. 1979..identical with those of the eight half-cystine residues of the strictly homologous chain of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease. The results reported show that these eight 'homologous' half-cystine residues pair in seminal ..
- The amino acid sequence of mouse pancreatic ribonuclease. Extremely rapid evolutionary rates of the myomorph rodent ribonucleasesJ A Lenstra
Eur J Biochem 98:399-408. 1979The complete amino acid sequence of mouse pancreatic ribonuclease has been determined by analysis of tryptic, chymotryptic, thermolytic and CNBr peptides and by automatic sequence analysis of the intact protein...
- Rat pancreatic ribonuclease messenger RNA. The nucleotide sequence of the entire mRNA and the derived amino acid sequence of the pre-enzymeR J MacDonald
J Biol Chem 257:14582-5. 1982We have cloned via recombinant DNA technology the mRNA sequence of rat pancreatic ribonuclease, and have determined the entire nucleotide sequence of the mature message...
- Atomic resolution structures of ribonuclease A at six pH valuesR Berisio
Centro di Studio di Biocristallografia, CNR, Via Mezzocannone 6, I 80134 Napoli, Italy
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 58:441-50. 2002..Six structures of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease at the pH* values 5.2, 5.9, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0 and 8.8 and at resolution limits in the range 1.05-1...
- Oxidative folding of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A: insight into the overall catalysis of the refolding pathway by phosphateLawrence K Low
Baker Laboratory of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1301, USA
J Protein Chem 21:19-27. 2002The effects of the strong stabilizing anion, phosphate, on the oxidative folding of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A were examined. Phosphate was found to catalyze several steps involved in the oxidative folding process at pH 8...
- Temperature dependence of the backbone dynamics of ribonuclease A in the ground state and bound to the inhibitor 5'-phosphothymidine (3'-5')pyrophosphate adenosine 3'-phosphateEvgenii L Kovrigin
Department of Chemistry, Yale University, P O Box 208107, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biochemistry 42:5279-91. 2003..inhibitor 5'-phosphothymidine(3',5')pyrophosphate adenosine 3'-phosphate (pTppAp) with bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) was characterized by calorimetry and solution NMR spectroscopy...
- The structural and functional studies of His119 and His12 in RNase A via chemical modificationShahrokh Safarian
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
J Protein Chem 22:643-54. 2003The histidyl residues of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) play a crucial role in enzymatic activity...
- Modeling formalin fixation and antigen retrieval with bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A: I-structural and functional alterationsVladimir K Rait
Division of Biophysics, Department of Cellular Pathology and Genetics, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Lab Invest 84:292-9. 2004..We used biophysical techniques to investigate the effects of formaldehyde treatment on bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A)...
- Candida famata (Debaryomyces hansenii) DNA sequences containing genes involved in riboflavin synthesisAndriy Y Voronovsky
Institute of Cell Biology NASU, Drahomanov Street 14 16, Lviv 79005, Ukraine
Yeast 21:1307-16. 2004Previously cloned Candida famata (Debaryomyces hansenii) strain VKM Y-9 genomic DNA fragments containing genes RIB1 (codes for GTP cyclohydrolase II), RIB2 (encodes specific reductase), RIB5 (codes for dimethylribityllumazine synthase), ..
- Open interface and large quaternary structure movements in 3D domain swapped proteins: insights from molecular dynamics simulations of the C-terminal swapped dimer of ribonuclease AAntonello Merlino
Centro Interdipartimentale Ricerca e Management, Complesso Ristrutturato S Andrea delle Dame, 80138, Naples, Italy
Biophys J 88:2003-12. 2005Bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A) forms two three-dimensional (3D) domain swapped dimers...
- [Conjugates of pancreatic ribonuclease and ligand-free human serum albumin]E A Zelepuga
Biomed Khim 49:588-96. 2003..A single dose administration of LFHSA-RNAse conjugates exhibited high antiviral activity in mice, infected with influenza A and influenza B viruses...
- Disruption of shape-complementarity markers to create cytotoxic variants of ribonuclease AThomas J Rutkoski
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Mol Biol 354:41-54. 2005Onconase (ONC), an amphibian member of the bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A (RNase A) superfamily, is in phase III clinical trials as a treatment for malignant mesothelioma...
- Role of aspartic acid 121 in human pancreatic ribonuclease catalysisDeepak Gaur
Immunochemistry Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India
Mol Cell Biochem 275:95-101. 2005Bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A) is one of the most well studied enzymes of the ribonuclease family, unlike its human counterpart, the human pancreatic ribonuclease (HPR), whose physiological role in the body is not clearly ..
- Enhanced immune response by amphotericin B following NS1 protein prime-oral recombinant Salmonella vaccine boost vaccination protects mice from dengue virus challengeWen Tssann Liu
Institute of Preventive Medicine, National Defense Medical Center, P O Box 90048 505, Neihu, Taipei, Taiwan
Vaccine 24:5852-61. 2006..strain expressing a secreted dengue virus type 2 non-structural NS1 and Yersinia pestis F1 (Caf1) fusion protein, rNS1:Caf1, was generated. Immunological evaluation was performed by prime-boost vaccine regimen...
- Extracellular RNA liberates tumor necrosis factor-α to promote tumor cell trafficking and progressionSilvia Fischer
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Cancer Res 73:5080-9. 2013..Our findings establish a crucial role for eRNA in driving tumor progression, and they suggest applications for extracellular RNase1 as an antiinvasive regimen for cancer treatment...
- Prediction of recurrence in low and intermediate risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer by real-time quantitative PCR analysis: cDNA microarray resultsJ Mares
Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 60:295-301. 2013..Our results indicate that it may be possible to identify patients with a low and high risk of disease recurrence at an early stage using a molecular profile...
- Human ribonuclease 4 (RNase 4): coding sequence, chromosomal localization and identification of two distinct transcripts in human somatic tissuesH F Rosenberg
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 23:4290-5. 1995..encoding human ribonuclease 4 (RNase 4) of the mammalian ribonuclease gene family, whose members include pancreatic ribonuclease, eosinophil-derived neurotoxin, eosinophil cationic protein and angiogenin...
- The mouse angiogenin gene family: structures of an angiogenin-related protein gene and two pseudogenesW E Brown
Center for Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences and Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genomics 29:200-6. 1995Angiogenin, a homologue of pancreatic ribonuclease, is a potent inducer of blood vessel formation...
- Three-dimensional solution structure of human angiogenin determined by 1H,15N-NMR spectroscopy--characterization of histidine protonation states and pKa valuesO Lequin
Département de Chimie Synthèse Organique, URA 1308 du CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France
Eur J Biochem 250:712-26. 1997Human angiogenin is a member of the pancreatic ribonuclease superfamily that induces blood vessel formation. Its three-dimensional solution structure has been determined to high resolution by heteronuclear NMR spectroscopy...
- Ribonuclease inhibitor protein of human erythrocytes: characterization, loss of activity in response to oxidative stress, and association with Heinz bodiesM Moenner
INSERM Unité 427, Développement Humain, Croissance et Différenciation, Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques de Paris, France
Blood Cells Mol Dis 24:149-64. 1998..Each inhibitor forms an equimolar complex with bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A and is inactivated by treatment with the sulfhydryl reagent p-(hydroxymercuri)benzoate...
- Effect of bovine seminal ribonuclease and bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A on bovine oocyte maturationT Slavik
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Czech Republic
J Exp Zool 287:394-9. 2000..The MxM form and RNase A at 5 microg/ml inhibited the maturation rate by 71 and 48%, respectively, but a less significant effect was ..
- Ronald T Raines; Fiscal Year: 2016Onconase (ONC), which is an amphibian homologue of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase A), is now undergoing a human clinical trial for the treatment of cancer...
- UNFOLDING OF PANCREATIC RIBONUCLEASE AND DERIVATIVESFREDERICK BENZ; Fiscal Year: 1980This proposal deals with the application of nmr to study the unfolding and refolding of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (RNase) and derivatives in an attempt to detect intermediate states...
- LAUE DIFFRACTION STUDY OF BOVINE PANCREATIC RIBONUCLEASEEdwin Westbrook; Fiscal Year: 1993..We will study the reaction catalyzed by bovine pancreatic ribonuclease (Rnase A) in the crystalline state as a test system because it is a standard enzyme that has been studied ..
- 500 MHZ NMR INSTRUMENTATION FOR RESEARCHHAROLD SCHERAGA; Fiscal Year: 1991..H.A. Scheraga is studying the structure, function, dynamics and folding of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A, bovine thrombin, hirudin and epidermal growth factor to better understand their 3D structure, ..
- Evolution of vertebrate sensory genesJianzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will also help understand human smell and taste variations and disorders. ..
- 5 NUCLEASE ASSAYS FOR RODENT HEALTH MONITORINGDavid Besselsen; Fiscal Year: 2002..FFPNA will greatly enhance the diagnostic capabilities for routine health monitoring of laboratory rodents and will provide a viable, cost-effective alternative for RAP testing. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF MURINE PARVOVIRUS FIELD STRAINSDavid Besselsen; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, these studies will provide information about perturbations in host physiology and gene expression induced by murine parvoviruses, and basic scientific information about parvovirus host interaction. ..
- SPECTROSCOPIC/KINETIC STUDIES OF FOLDING PATHWAYSHAROLD SCHERAGA; Fiscal Year: 2008..g., the undesirable association of sickle-cell hemogloblin, or the induction of an oncogene product, whose properties involve a conformational change when only one amino acid residue in the sequence is changed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..