Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: P2X1
Description: purinergic receptor P2X 1
Alias: P2X1, P2X purinoceptor 1, ATP receptor, P2X receptor, subunit 1, P2X1 receptor, purinergic receptor P2X, ligand gated ion channel, 1, purinergic receptor P2X1
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Potentiation of platelet activation through the stimulation of P2X1 receptorsJ A Erhardt
GlaxoSmithKline, Department of Vascular Biology, UW2510, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Thromb Haemost 1:2626-35. 2003The platelet P2X1 purinergic receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel that responds to ATP...
- Cysteinyl-leukotrienes are released from astrocytes and increase astrocyte proliferation and glial fibrillary acidic protein via cys-LT1 receptors and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayRenata Ciccarelli
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Pharmacology, Medical School, G D Annunzio University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 20:1514-24. 2004..to calcium ionophore A23187, 1 h combined oxygen-glucose deprivation or 2-methyl-thioATP, a selective P2Y(1)/ATP receptor agonist. MK-886, a LT synthesis inhibitor, prevented basal and evoked cys-LT release...
- P2X(1) and P2X(3) purinergic receptors differentially modulate the inflammatory response in human osteoarthritic synovial fibroblastsKatia Varani
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Cell Physiol Biochem 25:325-36. 2010....
- Reduced vas deferens contraction and male infertility in mice lacking P2X1 receptorsK Mulryan
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, UK
Nature 403:86-9. 2000..Here we show that male fertility is reduced by approximately 90% in mice with a targeted deletion of the P2X1 receptor gene...
- The ATP-gated P2X1 ion channel acts as a positive regulator of platelet responses to collagenC Oury
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Thromb Haemost 86:1264-71. 2001ATP is a potent agonist of the P2X1 ion channel, mediating a rapid, quickly desensitized influx of Ca2+...
- The intracellular tyrosine residues of the ATP-gated P2X(1) ion channel are essential for its functionEmese Toth-Zsamboki
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
FEBS Lett 524:15-9. 2002..Thus, Y16, Y362, Y363 and Y370 are required for the appropriate three-dimensional structure and function of the intracellular P2X(1) domains...
- Molecular physiology of P2X receptorsR Alan North
Institute of Molecular Physiology, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Physiol Rev 82:1013-67. 2002..Channels form as multimers of several subunits. Homomeric P2X1, P2X2, P2X3, P2X4, P2X5, and P2X7 channels and heteromeric P2X2/3 and P2X1/5 channels have been most fully ..
- Overexpression of the platelet P2X1 ion channel in transgenic mice generates a novel prothrombotic phenotypeCecile Oury
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Blood 101:3969-76. 2003..Activation of the ERK2 pathway is instrumental in these processes...
- Disruption of lipid rafts inhibits P2X1 receptor-mediated currents and arterial vasoconstrictionCatherine Vial
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 9HN United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:30705-11. 2005..To determine whether lipid raft association was essential for P2X1 receptor channel function we used the cholesterol-depleting agent methyl-beta-cyclodextrin (10 mm for 1 h)...
- A major role for P2X1 receptors in the early collagen-evoked intracellular Ca2+ responses of human plateletsC Y Eleanor Fung
Department of Physiology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 3EG, UK
Thromb Haemost 94:37-40. 2005..We now report that selective desensitisation of P2X1 receptor activity leads to a major reduction in the initial intracellular Ca2+ responses to a wide range of collagen ..
- Contribution of conserved glycine residues to ATP action at human P2X1 receptors: mutagenesis indicates that the glycine at position 250 is important for channel functionHelen R Digby
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
J Neurochem 95:1746-54. 2005..mutated individual conserved glycine residues and determined their effect on the ATP sensitivity and time-course of P2X1 receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes...
- Differential sensitivity of human platelet P2X1 and P2Y1 receptors to disruption of lipid raftsCatherine Vial
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343:415-9. 2006..We show that disruption of cholesterol-rich membrane lipid rafts reduces P2X1 receptor-mediated calcium increases by approximately 80%, while P2Y1 receptor-dependent Ca2+ release is unaffected...
- Ectodomain lysines and suramin block of P2X1 receptorsJoan A Sim
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:29841-6. 2008..The results explain the marked species difference in antagonist sensitivity and identify an ectodomain lysine residue that plays a key role in the binding of both suramin and NF449 to P2X(1) receptors...
- ATP-induced vasodilation and purinergic receptors in the human leg: roles of nitric oxide, prostaglandins, and adenosineStefan P Mortensen
The Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Rigshospitalet, Section 7652, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R1140-8. 2009..The expression and localization of the nucleotide selective P(2Y2) and P(2X1) receptors suggest that these receptors may mediate ATP-induced vasodilation in skeletal muscle...
- Functional evidence for the expression of P2X1, P2X4 and P2X7 receptors in human lung mast cellsK Wareham
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield, UK
Br J Pharmacol 157:1215-24. 2009..P2X receptors are widely expressed in cells of the immune system with varying functions. This study sought to characterize P2X receptor expression in the LAD2 human mast cell line and human lung mast cells (HLMCs)...
- P2X1 ion channels promote neutrophil chemotaxis through Rho kinase activationChristelle Lecut
GIGA Research Human Genetics Unit, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
J Immunol 183:2801-9. 2009..These ion channels may therefore play a significant role in host defense and inflammation...
- P2X1 receptor mobility and trafficking; regulation by receptor insertion and activationUlyana Lalo
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, Henry Wellcome Building, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
J Neurochem 113:1177-87. 2010..Following activation of the P2X1 receptor with alpha,beta-methylene ATP the associated calcium influx doubled the FRAP recovery rate...
- Pannexin-1 hemichannel-mediated ATP release together with P2X1 and P2X4 receptors regulate T-cell activation at the immune synapseTobias Woehrle
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 116:3475-84. 2010..TCR stimulation results in the translocation of P2X1 and P2X4 receptors and pannexin-1 hemichannels to the immune synapse, while P2X7 receptors remain uniformly ..
- Lipid raft association and cholesterol sensitivity of P2X1-4 receptors for ATP: chimeras and point mutants identify intracellular amino-terminal residues involved in lipid regulation of P2X1 receptorsRebecca C Allsopp
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:32770-7. 2010..The cholesterol-depleting agents methyl-β-cyclodextrin or filipin disrupt lipid rafts and reduced P2X1 receptor currents by >90%. In contrast, ATP-evoked P2X2-4 receptor currents were unaffected by lipid raft disruption...
- Cysteine scanning mutagenesis (residues Glu52-Gly96) of the human P2X1 receptor for ATP: mapping agonist binding and channel gatingRebecca C Allsopp
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:29207-17. 2011..We have used cysteine-scanning mutagenesis to determine the contribution of residues Glu(52)-Gly(96) to human P2X1 receptor properties. ATP potency was reduced for the mutants K68C, K70C, and F92C...
- Identification of human P2X1 receptor-interacting proteins reveals a role of the cytoskeleton in receptor regulationUlyana Lalo
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, Henry Wellcome Building, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:30591-9. 2011..Disruption of the actin cytoskeleton with cytochalasin D inhibited P2X1 receptor currents with no effect on the time course of the response or surface expression of the receptor...
- ATP-gated P2X1 ion channels protect against endotoxemia by dampening neutrophil activationC Lecut
GIGA Research, Human Genetics Unit, Laboratory of Cardiovascular Research, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium, France
J Thromb Haemost 10:453-65. 2012..Previously, we showed that, in addition to their role in platelet activation, ATP-gated P2X(1) ion channels are involved in promoting neutrophil chemotaxis...
- Agonist binding evokes extensive conformational changes in the extracellular domain of the ATP-gated human P2X1 receptor ion channelJonathan A Roberts
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:4663-7. 2012..methanethiosulfonate) to show ATP-sensitive accessibility of cysteine mutants at the human P2X1 receptor. Mapping these data to a P2X1 receptor homology model identifies significant conformational rearrangement...
- ATP binding at human P2X1 receptors. Contribution of aromatic and basic amino acids revealed using mutagenesis and partial agonistsJonathan A Roberts
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:9043-55. 2004..These results suggest that residues Lys-68, Phe-185, Phe-291, Arg-292, and Lys-309 contribute to ligand binding at P2X(1) receptors, with Phe-185 and Phe-291 coordinating the binding of the adenine ring of ATP...
- The P2X1 receptor, an adenosine triphosphate-gated cation channel, is expressed in human platelets but not in human blood leukocytesE E Clifford
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Blood 91:3172-81. 1998..Electrophysiological and biochemical studies have indicated expression of the P2X1 receptor, an ATP-gated cation channel, in human and rat platelets, rat basophilic leukemia (RBL) cells, and phorbol ..
- Regulation of human P2X1 promoter activity by beta helix-loop-helix factors in smooth muscle cellsP D Dhulipala
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Gene 269:167-75. 2001We isolated and characterized genomic clones of the human P2X1 receptor (hP2X1) gene in an effort to understand its tissue specific expression. The hP2X1 gene contains 12 exons spanning 20 kb, with exon sizes ranging from 59 to 143 bp...
- ATP-gamma-S shifts the operating point of outer hair cell transduction towards scala tympaniRichard P Bobbin
Kresge Hearing Research Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2234, USA
Hear Res 205:35-43. 2005b>ATP receptor agonists and antagonists alter cochlear mechanics as measured by changes in distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAE)...
- P2X antagonists inhibit styryl dye entry into hair cellsM A Crumling
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Michigan Medical School, 4605 MS II, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5616, USA
Neuroscience 161:1144-53. 2009..However, such dyes can also permeate the ATP receptor, P2X(2). Therefore, we explored the contribution of P2X receptors to the loading of hair cells with AM1-43...
- P2Y2 receptor up-regulation induced by guanosine or UTP in rat brain cultured astrocytesP Ballerini
Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical School, University G d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Via dei Vestini 29, 66013 Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 19:293-308. 2006..yet been studied and little is known about the mechanisms underlying the regulation of the expression of this ATP receptor. We showed that not only UTP and ATP are the most potent and naturally occurring agonist for P2Y2 sites, but ..
- Recombinant P2Y receptors: the UCL experienceB F King
Autonomic Neuroscience Institute, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill Street, Hampstead, NW3 2PF, London, UK
J Auton Nerv Syst 81:164-70. 2000..A., Gibb, A.J., Colquhoun, D., 1992. ATP receptor-mediated synaptic currents in the central nervous system. Nature 359, 144-147; Evans, R.J., Derkach, V...
- Membrane-delimited coupling between sigma receptors and K+ channels in rat neurohypophysial terminals requires neither G-protein nor ATPP J Lupardus
Departments of Physiology, Medicine, Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Physiol 526:527-39. 2000..This would allow for more rapid signal transduction than other ion channel modulation mechanisms, which in the present case of neurohypophysial nerve terminals would lead to the enhancement of neuropeptide release...
- Neurochemical characterisation of sensory receptors in airway smooth muscle: comparison with pulmonary neuroepithelial bodiesInge Brouns
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Histology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Groenenborgerlaan 171, 2020, Antwerp, Belgium
Histochem Cell Biol 125:351-67. 2006..alpha3, vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (VGLUT1) and VGLUT2-immunoreactivity, expression of the ATP receptor P2X(3), and the presence of calcium-binding proteins...
- NAD+ released during inflammation participates in T cell homeostasis by inducing ART2-mediated death of naive T cells in vivoSahil Adriouch
University Denis Diderot Paris 7, EA 1556 Paris, France
J Immunol 179:186-94. 2007..In vitro, ADP-ribosylation by ART2 activates the P2X7 ATP receptor and is responsible for NAD(+)-induced T cell death (NICD)...
- Interaction between purinoceptor subtypes on hippocampal serotonergic transmission using in vivo microdialysisM Okada
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Hirosaki University, Japan
Neuropharmacology 38:707-15. 1999..The P2X1-7 active P2 purinoceptor agonist, 2-methylthioATP (2-MeSATP: 100 microM) increased the extracellular serotonin ..
- Modulation of the effects of extracellular ATP on [Ca2+]i in rat brain microvacular endothelial cellsM Nobles
King s College London, Biomedical Sciences Division, Physiology Group, Strand, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 361:119-27. 1998..The modulation of the Ca2+ signal downstream to the activation of the ATP receptor was investigated, using agents selected for their ability to interfere with the intracellular pathways ..
- Platelet P2 receptors: old and new targets for antithrombotic drugsMarco Cattaneo
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Unità di Ematologia e Trombosi Ospedale San Paolo, Via di Rudinì 820142 Milano, Italy
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 5:45-55. 2007Platelets possess three P2 receptors for adenine nucleotides: P2Y1 and P2Y12, which interact with ADP, and P2X1, which interacts with ATP...
- Novel variant of the P2X2 ATP receptor from the guinea pig organ of CortiM S Parker
Department Otorhinolaryngology and Biocommunication, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112 2234, USA
Hear Res 121:62-70. 1998..The multiple transcripts arise from alternative intron and exon splicing events. In situ hybridization with a probe common to the three variants localized P2X2 to many of the cells of the organ of Corti...
- Purinergic (P2) receptor control of lower genitourinary tract function and new avenues for drug action: an overviewSerap Gur
Department of Urology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Curr Pharm Des 13:3236-44. 2007..In the prostate, P2X1-receptors, which mediate contraction, are present in the fibromuscular stroma while G protein-coupled P2Y ..
- Lysophosphatidylcholine stimulates IL-1beta release from microglia via a P2X7 receptor-independent mechanismChristian Stock
Institute of Physiology II, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Immunol 177:8560-8. 2006..of IL-1beta release from activated microglia (brain macrophages) that occurred independently of P2X(7) ATP receptor activation...
- P2X receptors in the rat uterine cervix, lumbosacral dorsal root ganglia, and spinal cord during pregnancyRaymond E Papka
Department of Neurobiology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, P O Box 95, 4209 State RT 44, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
Cell Tissue Res 321:35-44. 2005..The P2X subtype of the ATP receptor is expressed in rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) cells, spinal cord dorsal horn, and axons in peripheral tissues...
- ATP modulates the release of noradrenaline through two different prejunctional receptors on the adrenergic nerves of rat prostateTsugumi Morikawa
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, Nishinomiya, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:601-5. 20071. The effects of adenosine and ATP receptor agonists on the release of endogenous noradrenaline from electrically stimulated (2 Hz, 0...
- Activation of P2X(7) receptors stimulates the expression of P2Y(2) receptor mRNA in astrocytes cultured from rat brainI D'Alimonte
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 20:301-16. 2007..we report that the most potent P2X(7) receptor agonist BzATP stimulates the expression of the metabotropic ATP receptor P2Y(2) in cultured rat brain astrocytes...
- P2Y12 receptor upregulation in activated microglia is a gateway of p38 signaling and neuropathic painKimiko Kobayashi
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
J Neurosci 28:2892-902. 2008..A metabotropic ATP receptor, P2Y(12), has been shown to be expressed in spinal microglia constitutively and be involved in chemotaxis...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of a rat pituitary G protein-coupled adenosine triphosphate (ATP) receptorZ P Chen
Department of Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, England
Endocrinology 137:1833-40. 1996..This work reports the isolation and expression of a pituitary ATP receptor gene clone from a rat pituitary complementary DNA library...
- Properties of ATP receptor-mediated synaptic transmission in the rat medial habenulaF A Edwards
Department of Physiology, University College London, U K
Neuropharmacology 36:1253-68. 1997....
- The P2X7 ATP receptor modulates renal cyst development in vitroKate A Hillman
Nephrology and Physiology, Royal Free Campus, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:434-9. 2004..Thus, ATP may inhibit pathological renal cyst growth through P2X(7) signaling...
- Management of erectile function by penile purinergic p2 receptors in the diabetic ratSerap Gur
Department of Urology and Pharmacology, Tulane Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Urol 181:2375-82. 2009..We determined the role of purine and pyrimidine nucleotides in erectile function in diabetic rats...
- Emerging peripheral receptor targets for deep-tissue craniofacial pain therapiesR Ambalavanar
Department of Neural and Pain Sciences and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Dent Res 88:201-11. 2009..For example, expression of the ATP receptor P2X(3) is strongly implicated in nociception and is more abundant on trigeminal primary afferent neurons than ..
- P2X purinergic receptor antagonist accelerates skin barrier repair and prevents epidermal hyperplasia induced by skin barrier disruptionMitsuhiro Denda
Shiseido Research Center, 2 12 1 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 119:1034-40. 2002The effects of ATP receptor agonists/antagonists on skin barrier recovery rate were evaluated in hairless mice. Topical application of ATP and alpha,beta-methylene ATP (agonist of P2X receptor) delayed barrier recovery...
- Functional evidence that ATP or a related purine is an inhibitory NANC neurotransmitter in the mouse jejunum: study on the identity of P2X and P2Y purinoceptors involvedJoris G De Man
Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, Wilrijk B 2610, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 140:1108-16. 2003..5. Desensitisation of alphabetaMeATP-sensitive P2X receptors, the P2X receptor blocker Evans blue and the P2X1,2,3 receptor blocker NF 279 inhibited the l-NOARG-resistant NANC relaxations to EFS and that to alphabetaMeATP ..
- Modulation of gene expression by moxonidine in rats with chronic renal failureOliver Vonend
Marienhospital Herne, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Hölkeskampring 40, D 44625 Herne, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2217-22. 2004..The present study investigates whether moxonidine influences the expression of genes associated with adaptive changes in kidneys of subtotally nephrectomized rats...
- The P2X7 ATP receptor in the kidney: a matter of life or death?K A Hillman
Centre for Nephrology, Department of Physiology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, UCL, London, UK
Nephron Exp Nephrol 101:e24-30. 2005..Further investigation of the function of the P2X7 receptor in normal and abnormal kidneys might lead to novel therapeutic targets in a wide range of renal diseases...
- Stimulation of rat erythrocyte P2X7 receptor induces the release of epoxyeicosatrienoic acidsH Jiang
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Br J Pharmacol 151:1033-40. 2007..This study addresses the formation and release of erythrocyte-derived EETs in response to ATP receptor stimulation that may represent an important mechanism regarding circulatory regulation.
- Cloning and functional expression of a brain G-protein-coupled ATP receptorT E Webb
Molecular Neurobiology Unit, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London, UK
FEBS Lett 324:219-25. 1993A cDNA encoding a novel member of the G-protein-coupled receptor (GCR) superfamily, an ATP receptor, has been isolated from an embryonic chick whole brain cDNA library by hybridization screening...
- Cloning and expression of a P2y purinoceptor from the adult bovine corpus callosumG Deng
Department of Psychobiology, University of California at Irvine 92697, USA
Neurobiol Dis 5:259-70. 1998We have isolated an ATP receptor clone by screening a bovine corpus callosum cDNA library...
- A primitive ATP receptor from the little skate Raja erinaceaJ A Dranoff
Department of Medicine and Liver Study Unit, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 275:30701-6. 2000..Functional evidence suggests that hepatocytes from the little skate Raja erinacea express a primitive P2Y ATP receptor lacking pharmacologic selectivity, so we cloned and characterized this receptor...
- Quantification of ADP and ATP receptor expression in human plateletsL Wang
Department of Cardiology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Thromb Haemost 1:330-6. 2003..Incubation in vitro revealed a more rapid degradation rate for P2X1 receptor mRNA than for P2Y1 and P2Y12, indicating that the level of P2X1 may be relatively higher in newly released ..
- Mechanism of interferon action. X--Antagonistic effect of ATP on pppA2'p5'A2'p5'A receptorS W Li
Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, Academia Sinica
Sci Sin B 31:304-12. 1988..But ATP can compete with 2'-5'P3A3 for the receptor. This raises a question whether this is an ATP receptor. If not, what is the role of ATP for this receptor? Data available in this article show that ATP can bind to ..
- Expression cloning of an ATP receptor from mouse neuroblastoma cellsK D Lustig
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:5113-7. 1993..mRNA encoding the P2U purinergic receptor is found in neural and nonneural tissues...
- Cloning and pharmacological characterization of a fourth P2X receptor subtype widely expressed in brain and peripheral tissues including various endocrine tissuesC Z Wang
Center for Biomedical Science, Chiba University School of Medicine, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 220:196-202. 1996We have isolated cDNA encoding a fourth member (P2X-4) of the ATP receptor P2X receptor family from a rat pancreatic islet cDNA library...
- The permeabilizing ATP receptor, P2X7. Cloning and expression of a human cDNAF Rassendren
Geneva Biomedical Research Institute, GlaxoWellcome Research and Development, Plan les Ouates, 1228 Geneva, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 272:5482-6. 1997..Expression of chimeric molecules indicated that some of the differences between the rat and human receptor could be reversed by exchanging the intracellular C-terminal domain of the proteins...
- Characterisation of subtypes of the P2X and P2Y families of ATP receptors in the foetal human heartY Bogdanov
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK
Life Sci 62:697-703. 1998..In order to characterise the ATP receptor subtypes involved in these effects, degenerate oligonucleotides were used to clone receptors of both P2X and ..
- Molecular and functional characterization of a novel mouse transient receptor potential protein homologue TRP7. Ca(2+)-permeable cation channel that is constitutively activated and enhanced by stimulation of G protein-coupled receptorT Okada
Laboratory of Humoral Information, Department of Information Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:27359-70. 1999..TRP7 induced Ca(2+) influx in response to ATP receptor stimulation at ATP concentrations lower than those necessary for activation of TRP3 and for Ca(2+) release from ..
- Identification of negative residues in the P2X3 ATP receptor ectodomain as structural determinants for desensitization and the Ca2+-sensing modulatory sitesElsa Fabbretti
Neurobiology Sector, International School for Advanced Studies SISSA, Via Beirut 4, 34014 Trieste, Italy
J Biol Chem 279:53109-15. 2004..Thus, these findings outline diverse potential molecular targets to modulate P2X(3) receptor function in relation to its functional state...
- Basal activation of the P2X7 ATP receptor elevates mitochondrial calcium and potential, increases cellular ATP levels, and promotes serum-independent growthElena Adinolfi
Department of Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, Section of General Pathology, and Interdisciplinary Center for the Study of Inflammation, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 16:3260-72. 2005..These findings reveal a hitherto undescribed mechanism for growth stimulation by a plasma membrane pore...
- Enhanced thermal avoidance in mice lacking the ATP receptor P2X3Isao Shimizu
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 408 Biophysics Building, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Pain 116:96-108. 2005..in wild-type mice injected subcutaneously with the P2X3 antagonist, A317491 or intrathecally with the P2X3 and P2X1 antagonist TNP-ATP...
- Ca2+-calmodulin-dependent myosin light chain kinase is essential for activation of TRPC5 channels expressed in HEK293 cellsShunichi Shimizu
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Physiol 570:219-35. 2006..Ca(2+) entry through TRPC5 channels, induced upon stimulation of the G-protein-coupled ATP receptor, was abolished by treatment with W-13, an inhibitor of calmodulin...
- P2X7-related modulation of pathological nociception in ratsS McGaraughty
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, R4PM, AP9 1, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6118, USA
Neuroscience 146:1817-28. 2007..ATP is a key neurotransmitter in this process. Recent studies demonstrate that the glial ATP receptor, P2X7, contributes to the modulation of pathological pain...
- P2X receptors-mediated cytosolic phospholipase A2 activation in primary afferent sensory neurons contributes to neuropathic painMakoto Tsuda
Department of Molecular and System Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi, Fukuoka, Japan
J Neurochem 103:1408-16. 2007Activation of P2X(3) and P2X(2/3) receptors (P2X(3)R/P2X(2/3)R), ionotropic ATP receptor subtypes, in primary sensory neurons is involved in neuropathic pain, a debilitating chronic pain that occurs after peripheral nerve injury...
- Dynamic aspects of functional regulation of the ATP receptor channel P2X2Yoshihiro Kubo
Division of Biophysics and Neurobiology, Department of Molecular Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
J Physiol 587:5317-24. 2009..Complete elucidation of these regulatory mechanisms awaits dynamic imaging of functioning P2X(2) channels...
- Neurotoxic species of misfolded SOD1G93A recognized by antibodies against the P2X4 subunit of the ATP receptor accumulate in damaged neurons of transgenic animal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisSara Hernandez
From the Universitat de Lleida, Facultat de Medicina, Departament de Medicina Experimental, Unitat de Neurobiologia Cel lular, and IRBLLEIDA, Lleida, Catalonia, Spain
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:176-87. 2010..We conclude that neuronal SOD1 conformers with P2X(4)-LIR may have pathogenetic relevance in the promotion of neuroinflammation...
- P2Y12 receptor-mediated integrin-beta1 activation regulates microglial process extension induced by ATPKeiko Ohsawa
Department of Neurochemistry, National Institute of Neuroscience, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Glia 58:790-801. 2010..rapidly extend their processes toward the damaged areas in response to stimulation of the metabotropic ATP receptor P2Y(12) by ATP released from damaged tissue...
- Large-conductance channel formation mediated by P2X7 receptor activation is regulated through distinct intracellular signaling pathways in peritoneal macrophages and 2BH4 cellsR X Faria
Laboratory of Cellular Communication, Department of Immunology, Oswaldo Cruz Institute, FIOCRUZ Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Av Brazil, 4365, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro 21045 900, Brazil
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 382:73-87. 2010The P2X(7) receptor (P2X7R) is a ligand-gated ATP receptor that acts as a low- and large-conductance channel (pore) and is known to be coupled to several downstream effectors...
- ATP receptor-mediated synaptic currents in the central nervous systemF A Edwards
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, UK
Nature 359:144-7. 1992..unaffected by blockers of glutamate, gamma-aminobutyric acid or acetylcholine receptors but were blocked by the ATP receptor-blocker, suramin and the desensitizing ATP receptor-agonist alpha,beta-methylene-ATP...
- New structural motif for ligand-gated ion channels defined by an ionotropic ATP receptorA J Brake
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0450
Nature 371:519-23. 1994..There is sequence similarity between the ATP receptor and RP-2, a gene activated in thymocytes undergoing programmed cell death...
- Differential distribution of two ATP-gated channels (P2X receptors) determined by immunocytochemistryL Vulchanova
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroanatomy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:8063-7. 1996Several P2X receptor subunits were recently cloned; of these, one was cloned from the rat vas deferens (P2X1) and another from pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells differentiated with nerve growth factor (P2X2)...
- Decreased platelet aggregation, increased bleeding time and resistance to thromboembolism in P2Y1-deficient miceJ E Fabre
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, CB 7248, Chapel Hill, Thurston Bowles Bld, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Nat Med 5:1199-202. 1999..These findings support the hypothesis that the ATP receptor P2Y1 is a principal receptor mediating both physiologic and pathological ADP-induced processes in platelets.
- Neuronal P2X7 receptors are targeted to presynaptic terminals in the central and peripheral nervous systemsS A Deuchars
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, LS2 9NQ, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 21:7143-52. 2001The ionotropic ATP receptor subunits P2X(1-6) receptors play important roles in synaptic transmission, yet the P2X(7) receptor has been reported as absent from neurons in the normal adult brain...
- Identification, characterization, and inhibition of the platelet ADP receptorsC Gachet
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Etablissement Francais du Sang Alsace, Strasbourg, France
Int J Hematol 74:375-81. 2001..In addition, the P2X1 ionotropic receptor is present in platelets, but its role is not yet completely known...
- Apoptosis induced by extracellular ATP in the mouse neuroblastoma cell line N1E-115: studies on involvement of P2 receptors and adenosineS Mariëtte Schrier
Department of Toxicology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 63:1119-26. 2002..ATP (>or=30 microM) induced apoptosis in the mouse neuroblastoma cell line N1E-115. Activation of the ATP receptor P2X(7) is one of the routes via which ATP has been shown to induce apoptosis...
- Adenosine triphosphate inhibits cytokine release from lipopolysaccharide-activated microglia via P2y receptorsTadanori Ogata
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Shigenobu, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Brain Res 981:174-83. 2003..The addition of ADPbetaS, however, showed less effect. These endogenous purines and selective ATP receptor agonists showed a similar inhibitory effect in their rank order on LPS-induced interleukin 6 release...
- A role of the fast ATP-gated P2X1 cation channel in thrombosis of small arteries in vivoBeatrice Hechler
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U 311, EFS Alsace 10, rue Spielmann, BP No 36, 67065 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Exp Med 198:661-7. 2003The P2X1 receptor is a fast ATP-gated cation channel expressed in blood platelets, where its role has been difficult to assess due to its rapid desensitization and the lack of pharmacological tools...
- Extracellular ATP as a signaling molecule for epithelial cellsErik M Schwiebert
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0005, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1615:7-32. 2003..the three main tenets of extracellular ATP signaling: ATP release from cells, ATP receptors on cells, and ATP receptor-driven signaling within cells to affect cell or tissue physiology...
- Discrete but simultaneous release of adenine nucleotides and serotonin from mouse megakaryocytes as detected with patch- and carbon-fiber electrodesKazuyoshi Kawa
Department of Neurophysiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C119-28. 2004..the receptor involved was the P2X1 subtype on the cell and that the currents were due to activation of the P2X1 receptor by adenine nucleotides released from the cell...
- Investigation of the effects of P2 purinoceptor ligands on the micturition reflex in female urethane-anaesthetized ratsBrian F King
Department of Physiology, University College London, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill Street, Hampstead, London NW3 2PF
Br J Pharmacol 142:519-30. 2004..P2X3 receptor blockade raised the pressure and volume thresholds for the reflex, whereas P2X1 receptor blockade diminished motor activity associated with voiding...
- The platelet P2 receptors as molecular targets for old and new antiplatelet drugsChristian Gachet
INSERM U 311, Etablissement Francais du Sang Alsace, 10 rue Spielmann, B P No 36, 67065 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Pharmacol Ther 108:180-92. 2005..The P2X1 receptor is involved in platelet shape change and in activation by collagen under shear conditions...
- Extracellular ATP has stimulatory effects on the expression and release of IL-6 via purinergic receptors in normal human epidermal keratinocytesKaori Inoue
Shiseido Research Center, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 127:362-71. 2007..Reverse transcription-PCR showed expression of P2Y1, P2Y2, P2Y4, P2Y11, P2Y12, P2Y13, P2X1, P2X4, P2X5, P2X6, and P2X7 receptor subtypes. Additionally, UVB radiation evoked the release of ATP from NHEKs...
- Increased risk of acute myocardial infarction and elevated levels of C-reactive protein in carriers of the Thr-87 variant of the ATP receptor P2Y11Stefan Amisten
Department of Cardiology, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Eur Heart J 28:13-8. 2007..Extracellular ATP acting on the P2Y11 receptor regulates inflammatory cells. We hypothesized that polymorphisms in the receptor could influence the risk of acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- P2X4 is up-regulated in gingival fibroblasts after periodontal surgeryI Binderman
Department of Oral Biology, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Dent Res 86:181-5. 2007..We propose that ATP flowing from cells after surgery can directly activate P2X4 receptors in the sensor cells of marginal gingiva through Ca(2+) signaling, or by direct activation of osteoclasts on the bone surface...
- P2 receptor antagonist trinitrophenyl-adenosine-triphosphate protects hippocampus from oxygen and glucose deprivation cell deathFabio Cavaliere
Santa Lucia Foundation, Via del Fosso di Fiorano, 64, I 00143 Rome, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:70-7. 2007..b>P2X1 receptor is strongly and transiently up-regulated in 24 h after an ischemic insult on structures likely corresponding ..
- Genetic and functional analysis of human P2X5 reveals a distinct pattern of exon 10 polymorphism with predominant expression of the nonfunctional receptor isoformSmita Kotnis
Pfizer Global Research and Development, CN8000, Princeton, NJ 08543 8000, USA
Mol Pharmacol 77:953-60. 2010..P2X5 is believed to trimerize with another member of this family, P2X1. We investigated the single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) at the 3' splice site of exon 10 of the human P2X5 gene...
- [Structual and functional dynamics of the ATP receptor channel P2X(2)]Yoshihiro Kubo
Division of Biophysics and Neurobiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki shi, Aichi, Japan
Brain Nerve 62:1323-9. 2010..These results show that P2X(2) channel pore is exceptionally flexible, and that the channel activity is dynamically regulated by various factors, including not only ATP but also PIP(ns) and membrane potential...
- Functional, morphological and molecular characterization of bladder dysfunction in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice: evidence of a role for L-type voltage-operated Ca2+ channelsL O S Leiria
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 163:1276-88. 2011....
- ATP release and autocrine signaling through P2X4 receptors regulate γδ T cell activationMonali Manohar
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Leukoc Biol 92:787-94. 2012..qPCR revealed that γδ T cells predominantly express purinergic receptor subtypes A2a, P2X1, P2X4, P2X7, and P2Y11...
- P2X1 and P2X2 receptors in the central nervous system as possible drug targetsRalf Hausmann
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, RWTH Aachen University, Wendlingweg 2, D 52072 Aachen, Germany
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 11:675-86. 2012P2X receptors are homo- or heterotrimeric ATP-gated cation channels that assemble from seven subunits, P2X1-P2X7...
- Involvement of ATP in noxious stimulus-evoked release of glutamate in rat medullary dorsal horn: a microdialysis studyNaresh Kumar
Alan Edwards Centre for Research on Pain, Dept of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3G 1Y6, Canada
Neurochem Int 61:1276-9. 2012..DPCPX, an adenosine A1 receptor antagonist), or 2,3-O-2,4,6-trinitrophenyl-adenosine triphosphate (TNP-ATP, a P2X1, P2X3, P2X2/3 receptor antagonist) on the release of glutamate in the rat MDH evoked by application of mustard oil (..
- Gintonin, a ginseng-derived lysophosphatidic acid receptor ligand, potentiates ATP-gated P2X₁ receptor channel currentsSun Hye Choi
Department of Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Bio Molecular Informatics Center, Konkuk University, Seoul 143 701, Korea
Mol Cells 35:142-50. 2013..A main characteristic of the P2X1 receptor is rapid desensitization after repeated ATP treatment of cells or tissues expressing P2X1 receptors...
- [Purinergic P2X family and specific features of the P2X7 subtype]M Jindrichova
Fyziologický ústav Akademie ved CR, v v i, Praha
Cesk Fysiol 62:40-6. 2013..In mammals, seven P2X subunits (P2X1-P2X7) have been identified...
- A novel receptor cross-talk between the ATP receptor P2Y2 and formyl peptide receptors reactivates desensitized neutrophils to produce superoxideKarin Onnheim
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Göteborg 413 46, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 323:209-17. 2014..In summary, our data demonstrate a novel cross-talk mechanism that results in reactivation of desensitized FPRs and, an amplification of the neutrophil response to ATP. ..
- ATP-evoked sustained vasoconstrictions mediated by heteromeric P2X1/4 receptors in cerebral arteriesMaksym I Harhun
From the Division of Biomedical Sciences, St George s, University of London, London, United Kingdom M I H, O V P, A P A, C M N and Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology and Biophysics of Cell Signalling, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Kyiv, Ukraine O V P
Stroke 45:2444-50. 2014Current knowledge states that vasoconstrictor responses to ATP are mediated by rapidly desensitizing ligand-gated P2X1 receptors in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- The involvement of P2Y12 receptors, NADPH oxidase, and lipid rafts in the action of extracellular ATP on synaptic transmission at the frog neuromuscular junctionA Giniatullin
Department of Physiology, Medical University, 49 Butlerova Street, Kazan, 420012, Russia Electronic address
Neuroscience 285:324-32. 2015..Our data suggest that the location of P2Y receptors in lipid rafts speeds up the modulatory effect of ATP. Uncovered mechanisms may contribute to motor dysfunctions and neuromuscular diseases associated with oxidative stress. ..
- Novel Antithrombotic Diadenosine Tetraphosphate AnalogsIVAN B YANACHKOV; Fiscal Year: 2010..for the first time the mechanism of action of this class at the level of the three platelet purinoreceptors (P2X1,P2Y1 and P2Y12), and showed that Ap4A and its analogs antagonize both P2Y1 and P2Y12...
- Jun Ming Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..New reagents for specific ATP receptor subtypes will help investigate its role...
- George R Dubyak; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies will provide mechanistic insights that may facilitate development of adjuvant purinergic receptor-based therapies which increase the efficacy of immunogenic anti-tumor responses to primary cancer chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Coronary PhysiologyEric O Feigl; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is a resubmission of RO1 HL 082781-01-A1 (This time as a modular grant.) ..
- P2T PURINERGIC RECEPTORSJOSE BOYER; Fiscal Year: 2004..nucleotide effects of platelet function result from the activation of at least three different receptor subtypes: P2X1, P2Y1 and P2Y AC receptors...
- NPY AND ATP COTRANMISSION IN CHROMAFFIN CELLSTERRY HEXUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..are to characterize the enhancing effect of NPY on ATP- stimulated inositol phosphate formation, identify the ATP receptor subtype mediating the stimulation of InsP formation and increased [Ca2+]i, determine the specificity of the ATP ..
- ADENOSINE & KATP CHANNEL CONTROL OF CORONARY BLOOD FLOWERIC FEIGL; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed basic research is fundamental to understanding the normal coronary physiology that underlies coronary artery disease. ..
- MECHANISM OF CATION TRANSPORT REGULATIONLewis Cantley; Fiscal Year: 1993..ATPase, the enzyme primarily responsible for establishing cation gradients in most cells and an extracellullar ATP receptor which rapidly abolishes plasma membrane cation gradients...
- INTERACTION OF PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR WITH ATPDavid Toft; Fiscal Year: 1980..The studies of this proposal are designed to firmly establish the existence and properties of the ATP-Receptor interaction and to clearly identify and describe activities of the receptor that involve nucleotide interactions. ..
- MAMMALIAN SPERM SURFACE ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONDiana Myles; Fiscal Year: 2002..It will be tested if there is a metalloprotease or a surface ATP receptor that must act before fusion occurs...
- Effects of Stretch on IC and Normal UrotheliaToby Chai; Fiscal Year: 2005..5. There is increased expression of P2X1 and P2X3 ATP receptors in IC compared to control bladder urothelium and suburothelium...
- IVAN B YANACHKOV; Fiscal Year: 2015..It did not act as agonist or antagonist of human P2Y2, P2Y4, P2Y6, or P2X1 receptors, and had good safety margin in the endothelium P2Y-dependent guinea pig aorta relaxation model...
- Development of Novel Tools for Gene Targeting in Smooth MuscleRosalyn M Adam; Fiscal Year: 2012..We believe these additions to the genetic 'tool-kit'will greatly facilitate advancements in our understanding of SM biology. ..
- Edward W Inscho; Fiscal Year: 2014..Ang II hypertension impairs autoregulation and eliminates P2X1 receptor- mediated vasoconstriction, which is critically important for mediating afferent arteriolar autoregulatory ..
- Purinergic Regulation of the Renal MicrocirculationEdward W Inscho; Fiscal Year: 2012..P2X1 receptors are critically important in mediating afferent arteriolar autoregulatory behavior. P2X1 receptor inactivation impairs autoregulatory responses...
- Wolfgang G Junger; Fiscal Year: 2016..We identified the molecules that facilitate ATP release (pannexin-1) and the receptors activated by ATP (P2X1 and P2X4)...
- Neurogenic Calcium Signals in Small ArteriesWITHROW WIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Experimental goals include: 1) Test the hypothesis that jCaTs arise from Ca 2+entering SMCs through P2X1 receptors, which are activated by the ATP contained in one or a few quanta of transmitter, 2) Test the hypothesis ..
- Shared Instrumentation: Vevo 770 Ultrasound SystemDavid Pollock; Fiscal Year: 2009..nucleus is influenced in heart failure;4) long-term changes in renal blood flow produced by angiotensin II, P2X1, and A1 receptors;5) whether NOS1 contributes to regulation of vascular remodeling and control of sodium excretion;..
- Nicotinic-Purinergic Modulation of Bladder ContractionGeorge Somogyi; Fiscal Year: 2009..muscle exhibits much smaller contractions to the purinergic agonist, alpha-beta-methylene ATP suggesting that P2X1 receptor mechanisms may be impacted...
- IONIC CONDUCTANCES AND CD4 LYMPHOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONBruce Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The central hypothesis of this proposal is that the TCR-mediated calcium response regulates CD4plus lymphocyte differentiation, and that Kv channel regulate the secondary responses of differentiated cells to antigen. ..
- NUCLEOTIDE-MEDIATED LEUKOCYTE STIMULATIONSatya Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2004..The studies proposed in this application will also help us understand the mechanisms of neutrophil activation and contribute to the knowledge of better treatments and to the design of therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. ..
- Drug manipulation of noise-induced hearing lossRICHARD BOBBIN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- An ATP receptor-operated ionic conductance in ParameciumTodd Hennessey; Fiscal Year: 2002..shows ATP-induced behavioral responses (backward swimming), inhibition of these responses by a vertebrate ATP receptor antagonist (PPNDS), ATP-induced depolarizations, high affinity external 3zP-ATP binding and contains membrane ..
- EPITHELIAL P2X PURINERGIC RECEPTOR CHANNELSErik Schwiebert; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Functional G Protein pathways in platelet activationSatya P Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will enhance our understanding of the signaling pathways and their role in platelet activation, and might identify potential newer targets for the treatment of thrombosis. ..
- EXTRACELLAR NUCLEOTIDE SIGNALING IN CYSTIC FIBROSISErik Schwiebert; Fiscal Year: 2004..We are confident that novel results will be found concerning the cellular and molecular mechanisms of autocrine ATP release, signaling, and regulation of cell volume. ..
- Characterization of cardiovascular purinoceptorsTERRANCE EGAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is important because the receptors may present a new and potentially exciting means of increasing the rate of survival of patients affected by a number of cardiovascular diseases including hypertension and heart failure. ..
- Regulation of Bile Ductular ProliferationJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that the results of these proposed experiments will lead to novel pharmacologic approaches for the regulation of bile ductular proliferation in biliary cirrhosis. ..
- Platelet ADP receptorsSatya Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2008..During the previous grant period, we have demonstrated 3 ADP receptor subtypes, P2Y1, P2Y12, and P2X1, on platelets and elucidated a number of signaling mechanisms in platelets...
- Novel Antithrombotic Diadenosine Tetraphosphate AnalogsIvan Yanachkov; Fiscal Year: 2007..change activity will be determined, and antagonist/agonist properties of the new compounds toward P2Y1, P2Y12, and P2X1 receptors will be measured...
- Diadenosine Boranotetraphosph(on)ates as Antithrombotic DrugsIvan Yanachkov; Fiscal Year: 2007..to study their antiplatelet activity, and to determine their antagonist/agonist properties toward P2Y1, P2Y12, and P2X1 receptors. We will also measure the stability of the new borano-Ap4A analogs in rat, dog, and human plasma...
- Gating and conduction of ATP-gated ion channelsTERRANCE EGAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The distribution, topology, pharmacology, and physiology of the seven members of the family (P2X1.7) are well documented. By contrast, the signal transduction pathway is poorly understood...
- Function of hair cells regenerated by Atoh1MARK CRUMLING; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is accomplished using molecular biological, electrophysiological, and audiological techniques to probe the inner ear for hallmarks of outer hair cell structure and function. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Female Reproductive Organs and Their Innervation.RAYMOND PAPKA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, knowledge of estrogen responsive sensory neurons has important implications for understanding neuropathic pain syndromes influenced by estrogen levels. ..
- Regulation of Gliosis by Purinergic Receptor SignalingW Dalton Dietrich; Fiscal Year: 2006..The objective of this application is to determine how ATP receptor/ERK signaling regulates the commitment to cell cycle progression or growth arrest in astrocytes...
- Nitric oxide in bladder neural-epithelial signalingLori Birder; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elucidation of mechanisms impacting on urothelial function may provide insights into the pathology of bladder dysfunction. ..
- NTPDase2 expression and function in the liverJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2005..The experiments proposed in these specific aims will provide the basis of several new lines of liver disease research and should provide novel therapeutic targets for treatment of cholestatic and fibrotic liver disease. ..
- HIV ENV & MACROPHAGE CHEMOKINE RECEPTOR IONIC SIGNALINGBruce Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PARACRINE REGULATION OF BILE DUCT SECRETION BY ATPJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Yale School of Medicine Department of Internal Medicine has pledged that the candidate will have extensive protected research time and excellent resources for the duration of the award. ..
- P2X RECEPTORS (PURINOCEPTOR FAMILY)Patent Number: WO9533048-A2; Date:1995-12-07