Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: P-selectin
Description: selectin P
Alias: CD62, CD62P, GMP140, GRMP, LECAM3, PADGEM, PSEL, P-selectin, CD62 antigen-like family member P, GMP-140, granule membrane protein 140, granule membrane protein 140kDa, granulocyte membrane protein, leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 3, platelet activation dependent granule-external membrane protein, platelet alpha-granule membrane protein, selectin P (granule membrane protein 140kDa, antigen CD62)
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- Insights into the molecular basis of leukocyte tethering and rolling revealed by structures of P- and E-selectin bound to SLe(X) and PSGL-1W S Somers
Genetics Institute, Wyeth Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
Cell 103:467-79. 2000..These structures reveal differences in how E- and P-selectin bind SLe(X) and the molecular basis of the high-affinity interaction between P-selectin and PSGL-1...
- HIV type 1 glycoprotein 120 inhibits human B cell chemotaxis to CXC chemokine ligand (CXCL) 12, CC chemokine ligand (CCL)20, and CCL21Gamal Badr
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 131, Institut Paris Sud sur les Cytokines, Clamart, France
J Immunol 175:302-10. 2005..X4 and X4/R5 gp120 induced the cleavage of CD62 ligand by a mechanism dependent on matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 3, CD4, CXCR4, Galpha(i), and p38 MAPK, whereas ..
- Evaluation of C-reactive protein, endothelin-1, adhesion molecule(s), and lipids as inflammatory markers in type 2 diabetes mellitus patientsHala El-Mesallamy
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo 11566, Egypt
Mediators Inflamm 2007:73635. 2007..P-selectin and ICAM-1 were significantly positively correlated. This study indicates that increased level of oxidative stress marker, proinflammatory markers, and their downstream effectors adhesion molecules occur in type 2 DM...
- Gastrin induces the interaction between human mononuclear leukocytes and endothelial cells through the endothelial expression of P-selectin and VCAM-1Sales Ibiza
Departamento de Farmacología and CIBERehd, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C1588-95. 2009..Gastrin induces interactions between human mononuclear leukocytes and endothelial cells through the activation of CCK-2 receptors and the enhancement of endothelial P-selectin and VCAM-1...
- Polarization and interaction of adhesion molecules P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 and intercellular adhesion molecule 3 with moesin and ezrin in myeloid cellsJ L Alonso-Lebrero
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Madrid, Spain Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Blood 95:2413-9. 2000....
- Interaction of P-selectin and PSGL-1 generates microparticles that correct hemostasis in a mouse model of hemophilia AIngrid Hrachovinova
The Center for Blood Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 USA
Nat Med 9:1020-5. 2003..This significantly improved the kinetics of fibrin formation in the hemophilia A mice and normalized their tail-bleeding time. P-sel-Ig treatment could become a new approach to sustained control of bleeding in hemophilia...
- Functional analysis of the combined role of the O-linked branching enzyme core 2 beta1-6-N-glucosaminyltransferase and dimerization of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 in rolling on P-selectinMcRae J Smith
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, USA
J Biol Chem 279:21984-91. 2004..Both C2GlcNAcT-I glycosylation and PSGL-1 dimerization increased the rate of tethering to P-selectin under flow, whereas C2GlcNAcT-I levels primarily influenced tether bond strength...
- P-selectin binding to P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 induces an intermediate state of alphaMbeta2 activation and acts cooperatively with extracellular stimuli to support maximal adhesion of human neutrophilsYan Qing Ma
University of Minnesota Medical School, MMC 480, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 104:2549-56. 2004..The interaction of PSGL-1 with P-selectin (CD62P) mediates tethering, rolling, and weak adhesion of leukocytes, during which they become sufficiently activated in ..
- Neutrophil-bead collision assay: pharmacologically induced changes in membrane mechanics regulate the PSGL-1/P-selectin adhesion lifetimeK E Edmondson
Institute for Medicine and Engineering, Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, 3320 Smith Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biophys J 89:3603-14. 2005..Membrane tether growth can be enhanced or reduced pharmacologically with consequent effects on PSGL-1/P-selectin lifetimes...
- Monocyte functional responsiveness after PSGL-1-mediated platelet adhesion is dependent on platelet activation statusStylianos Bournazos
The University of Edinburgh MRC Centre for Inflammation Research, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1491-8. 2008....
- GMP-140, a platelet alpha-granule membrane protein, is also synthesized by vascular endothelial cells and is localized in Weibel-Palade bodiesR P McEver
St Francis Medical Research Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City 73104
J Clin Invest 84:92-9. 1989..The restricted expression of GMP-140 in secretory granules of platelets and endothelium suggests that it has a specific function in the vascular system rather than a general role related to inducible secretion...
- The P-selectin gene is highly polymorphic: reduced frequency of the Pro715 allele carriers in patients with myocardial infarctionS M Herrmann
INSERM SC7, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 7:1277-84. 1998..Whether this variant affects the properties of the P-selectin protein in a way which is compatible with this hypothesis needs to be checked experimentally...
- Polymorphisms of the P-selectin gene and risk of myocardial infarction in men and women in the ECTIM extension study. Etude cas-temoin de l'infarctus myocardeF Kee
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, The Queen s University of Belfast, Mulhouse Building, Royal Victoria Hospital, Grosvenor Rd, Belfast BT12 6BJ, Northern Ireland, UK
Heart 84:548-52. 2000..PATIENTS AND STUDY SETTING: 696 cases with a recent myocardial infarction and 561 age matched controls (both male and female) were recruited into a case-control study in MONICA project areas of Belfast and Glasgow...
- Association between P-selectin gene polymorphisms and soluble P-selectin levels and their relation to coronary artery diseaseS C Barbaux
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U525, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1668-73. 2001....
- Rapid upregulation of endothelial P-selectin expression via reactive oxygen species generationManabu Takano
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H2054-61. 2002....
- Soluble P selectin in systemic sclerosis: relationship with von Willebrand factor, autoantibodies and diffuse or localised/limited diseaseA D Blann
Haemostasis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Dudley Road, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
Thromb Res 109:203-6. 2003
- Soluble P-selectin levels, P-selectin polymorphisms and cardiovascular diseaseA M Carter
Academic Unit of Molecular Vascular Medicine, Research School of Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Thromb Haemost 1:1718-23. 2003..The Thr715Pro polymorphisms is associated with plasma sP-selectin. This association is modulated by smoking, although the underlying mechanism remains unclear...
- Role of platelet P-selectin and microparticle PSGL-1 in thrombus formationBruce Furie
Center for Hemostasis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Trends Mol Med 10:171-8. 2004....
- Quantifying the effects of molecular orientation and length on two-dimensional receptor-ligand binding kineticsJun Huang
National Microgravity Laboratory, Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
J Biol Chem 279:44915-23. 2004..These results demonstrate that the orientation and length of an adhesion receptor influences its rate of encountering and binding a surface ligand but does not subsequently affect the stability of binding...
- Polymorphisms in the P-selectin (CD62P) and P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1) genes and coronary heart diseasePeter Bugert
Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology, Red Cross Blood Service of Baden Württemberg Hessia, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:997-1004. 2004..However, the functional role of the gene variants should be elucidated by further experimental data...
- P-selectin Thr715Pro polymorphism predicts P-selectin levels but not risk of incident coronary heart disease or ischemic stroke in a cohort of 14595 participants: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities StudyKelly A Volcik
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, 1200 Herman Pressler Dr, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Atherosclerosis 186:74-9. 2006....
- Interaction between inflammation-related gene polymorphisms and cigarette smoking on the risk of myocardial infarction in the Physician's Health StudySarah A Rosner
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health Kresge 911, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Genet 118:287-94. 2005..However, these results should be interpreted with caution due to the potential for false positive results that can arise from analyses with multiple comparisons...
- P-selectin mediates adhesion of leukocytes, platelets, and cancer cells in inflammation, thrombosis, and cancer growth and metastasisMing Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, 200031, China
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 54:75-84. 2006Stimulated endothelial cells and activated platelets express P-selectin (CD62P), a member of the selectin family of cell adhesion molecules, which interacts with P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1, CD162) for leukocyte rolling on ..
- Identification of novel susceptibility genes in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus using a uniquely designed candidate gene pathway platformChaim O Jacob
Department of Medicine, University of Southern California School of Medicine, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:4164-73. 2007....
- P-selectin gene haplotypes modulate soluble P-selectin concentrations and contribute to the risk of venous thromboembolismCihan Ay
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Thromb Haemost 99:899-904. 2008..In conclusion, SELP haplotypes modulate plasma concentrations of sP-selectin and affect the risk of recurrent VTE...
- Large-scale genomic studies reveal central role of ABO in sP-selectin and sICAM-1 levelsMaja Barbalic
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:1863-72. 2010..These results provide new insights into adhesion molecule biology...
- Contribution of SELP and PSGL-1 genotypes and haplotypes to the presence of coronary heart disease in TunisiansLakhdar Ghazouani
Research Unit of Biology and Genetics of Cancer, Haematological and Autoimmune Diseases, Monastir, 5000, Tunisia
Mol Biol Rep 38:495-501. 2011..However, this study replicates absence of association of the mostly studied SNP, T715P, previously reported in individuals with African origin...
- Adhesion of small cell lung cancer cells to E- and P-selectin under physiological flow conditions: implications for metastasis formationUlrich Richter
Institute for Anatomy II Experimental Morphology, University Cancer Center, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 135:499-512. 2011....
- Leukocyte ligands for endothelial selectins: specialized glycoconjugates that mediate rolling and signaling under flowAlexander Zarbock
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Münster and Max Planck Institute, Germany
Blood 118:6743-51. 2011..Although the physiologic characterization of these ligands has been obtained in mice, we also note reported similarities and differences with human selectin ligands...
- P-selectin genotype is associated with the development of cancer cachexiaBenjamin H L Tan
University of Edinburgh, Clinical and Surgical Sciences Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
EMBO Mol Med 4:462-71. 2012..P-selectin was found to be significantly upregulated in muscle in both models. Identification of P-selectin as relevant in both animal models and in cachectic cancer patients supports this as a risk factor/potential mediator in cachexia...
- The Thr715Pro variant impairs terminal glycosylation of P-selectinHariharan Subramanian
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Thromb Haemost 108:963-72. 2012..The reduced surface expression of 715Pro P-selectin contributes to inefficient adhesion to HL-60 cells or monocytes...
- Genomic organization of the selectin family of leukocyte adhesion molecules on human and mouse chromosome 1M L Watson
Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Exp Med 172:263-72. 1990A structurally and functionally related group of genes, lymph node homing receptor (LHR), granule membrane protein 140 (GMP-140), and endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1 (ELAM-1) are shown to constitute a gene cluster on mouse and ..
- Cloning of GMP-140, a granule membrane protein of platelets and endothelium: sequence similarity to proteins involved in cell adhesion and inflammationG I Johnston
St Francis Medical Research Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City
Cell 56:1033-44. 1989..This similarity suggests that GMP-140 belongs to a new family of inducible receptors with related structure and function on vascular cells...
- Characterization of the promoter for the human P-selectin geneJ Pan
W K Warren Medical Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma, Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City 73104
J Biol Chem 268:22600-8. 1993..These data suggest that the P-selectin gene is regulated by a combination of cis elements and their cognate transcription factors...
- Polymorphism in the P-selectin and interleukin-4 genes as determinants of stroke: a population-based, prospective genetic analysisRobert Y L Zee
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:389-96. 2004..These population-based data demonstrate the ability of prospective, epidemiological studies to test candidate gene associations for athero-thrombotic disease...
- Association between the Thr715Pro P-selectin gene polymorphism and soluble P-selectin levels in a multiethnic population in South LondonMichelle A Miller
Department of Community Health Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Thromb Haemost 92:1060-5. 2004..Lower levels of sP-selectin were not accounted for by this polymorphism in blacks, in whom the C allele was very rare...
- STAT-6-mediated control of P-selectin by substance P and interleukin-4 in human dermal endothelial cellsYasuhiro Miyazaki
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, 113 8519, Japan
Am J Pathol 169:697-707. 2006..STAT6 in dermal endothelial cells appears to be a potent target for controlling cellular infiltrate in allergic and/or neuroinflammatory skin diseases...
- Diminished thrombus formation and alleviation of myocardial infarction and reperfusion injury through antibody- or small-molecule-mediated inhibition of selectin-dependent platelet functionsGertie J Oostingh
University of Wurzburg, Rudolf Virchow Center, DFG Research Center for Experimental Biomedicine, Wurzburg Germany
Haematologica 92:502-12. 2007..P-selectin ctin has been implicated in important platelet functions. However, neither its role in thrombus formation and cardiovascular disorders nor its suitability as a therapeutic target structure is entirely clear...
- P-selectin in placenta and gestational myometrium: its measurements and hypothetical role in hemostasis of placental bed after laborMieczysław Uszyński
Department of Propedeutics of Medicine, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz, Poland
J Perinat Med 36:213-6. 2008..In the present study, we have asked whether P-selectin is present in placenta and myometrium and in what concentration...
- E-/P-selectins and colon carcinoma metastasis: first in vivo evidence for their crucial role in a clinically relevant model of spontaneous metastasis formation in the lungS Kohler
Institute for Anatomy II Experimental Morphology, University Cancer Center Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Br J Cancer 102:602-9. 2010..However, experiments validating this observation were limited in value, as 'metastases' in these experiments were artificially induced by i.v. injection rather than developed spontaneously as in true metastases...
- Structure of the human gene encoding granule membrane protein-140, a member of the selectin family of adhesion receptors for leukocytesG I Johnston
Department of Medicine, St Francis Medical Research Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City 73104
J Biol Chem 265:21381-5. 1990..The structure of the GMP-140 gene supports the concept that the selectins evolved as a result of exon duplication and rearrangement...
- Platelet P-selectin expression: requirement for protein kinase C, but not protein tyrosine kinase or phosphoinositide 3-kinaseDanielle Libersan
Montreal Heart Institute and the University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Thromb Haemost 89:1016-23. 2003..The novel epsilon and eta and atypical zeta, but not the conventional alpha and beta and the novel delta PKCs, may be involved in this process...
- Signal-dependent distribution of cell surface P-selectin in clathrin-coated pits affects leukocyte rolling under flowHendra Setiadi
Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Cell Biol 163:1385-95. 2003..Thus, a signaling event affects both the function and clearance of a protein that enters the constitutive clathrin-mediated endocytic pathway...
- Increased expression of platelet P-selectin and formation of platelet-leukocyte aggregates in blood from patients treated with unfractionated heparin plus eptifibatide compared with bivalirudinFriederike K Keating
Cardiology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Vermont Fletcher Allen Health Care, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Thromb Res 118:361-9. 2006....
- Isolated P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 dynamic adhesion to P- and E-selectinD J Goetz
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 137:509-19. 1997..In addition, the results suggest that PSGL-1 has more than one binding site for E-selectin: one site located within the first 19 amino acids of PSGL-1 and one or more sites located between amino acids 19 through 148...
- Noncovalent association of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 and minimal determinants for binding to P-selectinT K Epperson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Biol Chem 275:7839-53. 2000..These results demonstrate that Cys(320)-dependent dimerization of PSGL-1 is not required for binding to P-selectin and that a small monomeric fragment of PSGL-1 is sufficient for P-selectin recognition...
- Attachment of the PSGL-1 cytoplasmic domain to the actin cytoskeleton is essential for leukocyte rolling on P-selectinKaren R Snapp
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Blood 99:4494-502. 2002..Thus, attachment of PSGL-1 to the leukocyte cortical cytoskeleton is essential for leukocyte rolling on P-selectin...
- Platelet-leukocyte-cross-talk in diabetes mellitusD Tschoepe
Diabetes Research Institute, Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf, Germany
Horm Metab Res 29:631-5. 1997..as activated alpha 2 beta 3 (GPIIbIIIa), lysosomal GP53, thrombospondin or, perhaps most importantly "P-selectin" (CD62 p)...
- Regulation of PSGL-1 interactions with L-selectin, P-selectin, and E-selectin: role of human fucosyltransferase-IV and -VIIManuel Martinez
Service and Central Laboratory of Hematology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Bugnon 46, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 280:5378-90. 2005....
- Cloning of the mouse endothelial selectins. Expression of both E- and P-selectin is inducible by tumor necrosis factor alphaA Weller
Hans Spemann Laboratory, Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Freiburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 267:15176-83. 1992E-selectin (ELAM-1) and P-selectin (GMP-140, PADGEM, CD62) have both been described as human endothelial cell adhesion molecules for neutrophils and monocytes...
- Expression of E-selectin, P-selectin, and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 during experimental murine listeriosisS Lopez
Department of Pathology, Veterinary School, Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Pathol 155:1391-7. 1999..Up-regulation of P-selectin and ICAM-1 during experimental murine listeriosis could play an important role in the recruitment of leukocytes, especially to the liver, lymphoid organs, and central nervous system...
- Platelet surface CD62P and CD63, mean platelet volume, and soluble/platelet P-selectin as indexes of platelet function in atrial fibrillation: a comparison of "healthy control subjects" and "disease control subjects" in sinus rhythmAnirban Choudhury
Haemostasis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1957-64. 2007....
- Soluble, platelet-bound, and total P-selectin as indices of platelet activation in congestive heart failureIrene Chung
Haemostasis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Ann Med 41:45-51. 2009..Platelets play an important role in thrombogenesis, but it is not clear whether circulating platelets actively participate in thrombosis-related complications associated with CHF...
- Does renal carcinoma affect the expression of P-selectin on platelets?M Mantur
Department of Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical Academy of Bialystok, Poland
Neoplasma 49:243-5. 2002..P-selectin being the CD62P receptor on blood platelets was marked by anti-CD61/62P MoAb, and the results were presented as the percentage of ..
- Atrial fibrillation and hypercoagulability: dependent on clinical factors or/and on genetic alterations?Eleni Hatzinikolaou-Kotsakou
Academic Cardiology Department, Demokritious University of Thrace, Greece
J Thromb Thrombolysis 16:155-61. 2003....
- Platelet, not endothelial, P-selectin is required for neointimal formation after vascular injuryKai Wang
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1584-9. 2005..This study was designed to determine whether P-selectin expression on platelet, endothelial, or both surfaces is critical to the inflammatory response and neointimal formation after arterial injury...
- Heat stable antigen (mouse CD24) supports myeloid cell binding to endothelial and platelet P-selectinS Aigner
Tumor Immunology Programme, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int Immunol 7:1557-65. 1995..Our data suggest that HSA, in addition to the recently identified 160 kDa glycoprotein ligand on mouse neutrophils, belongs to a group of monospecific P-selectin ligands on myeloid cells...
- N-terminal residues in murine P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 required for binding to murine P-selectinLijun Xia
Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City 73104, USA
Blood 101:552-9. 2003..Because it uses only one tyrosine, murine PSGL-1 may rely more on other peptide components and O-glycosylation to bind to P-selectin than does human PSGL-1...
- Differential regulation of human and murine P-selectin expression and function in vivoZhenghui Liu
Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Exp Med 207:2975-87. 2010..These findings reveal functionally significant differences in basal and inducible expression of human and murine P-selectin in vivo...
- Separation of important new platelet glycoproteins (GPIa, GPIc, GPIc*, GPIIa and GMP-140) by f.p.l.c. Characterization by monoclonal antibodies and gas-phase sequencingB Catimel
INSERM unité 331, Faculté de Médecine Alexis Carrell, Lyon, France
Biochem J 279:419-25. 1991..Five minor [GPIa, GPIc, GPIc*, GPIIa and GMP 140 (PADGEM)], as well as a major (GPIIIb) glycoprotein, were eluted at low salt concentrations...
- Correlation between the extent of platelet activation in platelet concentrates and in vitro and in vivo parametersM J Dijkstra-Tiekstra
Sanquin Blood Bank North West Region, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vox Sang 87:257-63. 2004....
- Blood platelet and monocyte activations and relation to stages of liver cirrhosisAnatol Panasiuk
Department of Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Bialystok, Zurawia Str 14, 15 540 Bialystok, Poland
World J Gastroenterol 11:2754-8. 2005..In this paper, the analysis of mutual relationship between platelets and monocytes activation in LC was conducted...
- Inability of probiotic bacterial strains Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 and Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 to induce human platelet aggregation in vitroJ S Zhou
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Food Prot 68:2459-64. 2005..anti-CD41a (expressed on normal platelets), and phycoerythrin-streptavidin-conjugated anti-CD62p (expressed on activated platelets) before analysis by flow cytometry...
- Effects of epsilon-aminocaproic acid and aprotinin on leukocyte-platelet adhesion in patients undergoing cardiac surgeryPhilip E Greilich
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 8894, USA
Anesthesiology 100:225-33. 2004..This study was performed to determine the relative effectiveness of the antifibrinolytics, aprotinin and EACA, at reducing leukocyte and platelet activation and leukocyte-platelet conjugate formation in patients undergoing CPB...
- Platelet activation in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseFusao Ogasawara
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Hachioji Hospital, 1838 Ishikawa machi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0032, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 30:41-8. 2005....
- Markers of endothelial and in vivo platelet activation in patients with essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia veraMarina Karakantza
Laboratory Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Medical School, University of Patras, Patras GR 26110, Greece
Int J Hematol 79:253-9. 2004..We measured platelet expression of CD62P and CD63 antigens and levels of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (sVCAM-1)...
- Platelet activation in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and effects of nasal-continuous positive airway pressureMie Shimizu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 27:107-12. 2002....
- Assessment of platelet activation in several different anticoagulants by the Advia 120 Hematology System, fluorescence flow cytometry, and electron microscopyCharaf E Ahnadi
Centre for Research and Evaluation in Diagnostics, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, 3001, 12 Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4
Thromb Haemost 90:940-8. 2003..with a fluorescence flow cytometric method, also determined in this study, using the surface expression of CD62P. Moreover, platelet shape and structure changes in EDTA and CTAD anticoagulated whole blood specimens were ..
- [Soluble adhesion molecules in female patients with breast carcinoma]P Tesarova
I interní klinika 1 LF UK a VFN, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 142:292-9. 2003..We wanted to find out if these parameters differ between various stages of breast cancer and if their levels are influenced by the therapy...
- Platelet activation in clinical haemodialysis: LMWH as a major contributor to bio-incompatibility?Mareille Gritters
Department of Nephrology, VU University Medical Centre, PO Box 7075, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:2911-7. 2008..Concerning platelets, both an increase in the expression of the cell surface marker P-selectin (CD62p) and release of the intracellular granule product platelet factor 4 (PF4) have been described...
- In vivo platelet activation is increased during sleep in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeThomas Geiser
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Respiration 69:229-34. 2002..Patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) have an increased risk of cardiovascular events including myocardial infarction and stroke...
- Relationship and significance between anti-beta2-glycoprotein I antibodies and platelet activation state in patients with ulcerative colitisYan Hang Gao
Department of Gastroentology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Jilin University, 71 Xinmin Street, Changchun 130021, Jilin Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:771-5. 2008..To study the relationship between anti-beta2-glycoprotein I (abeta2GPI) antibodies and platelet activation state in patients with ulcerative colitis (UC) and its significance...
- Immunosuppressive therapy regimen and platelet activation in renal transplant patientsJochen Graff
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Funktionsbereich Nephrologie, Medizinische Klinik IV, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:411-8. 2002..Cyclosporine (INN, ciclosporin) and azathioprine are reported to activate platelets, but data are rare and controversial for tacrolimus and mycophenolate mofetil...
- Platelet activation in Helicobacter pylori-associated idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: eradication reduces platelet activation but seldom improves platelet countsEugene R Ahn
Wallace H Coulter Platelet Laboratory, Division of Hematology Oncology, UM Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Acta Haematol 116:19-24. 2006..In addition, H. pylori has been shown to induce platelet activation (CD62p or P-selectin expression) in previous studies...
- Platelet activation in acute, decompensated congestive heart failureIrene Chung
Haemostasis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham B18 7QH, England UK
Thromb Res 120:709-13. 2007....
- [Platelet-leukocyte aggregates as a marker for platelet activation in platelet concentrates]T Chakroun
Centre Regional de Transfusion Sanguine, unité de recherche étude des fonctions plaquettaires UR 06SP05, hôpital Faraht Hached, Sousse, Tunisie
Transfus Clin Biol 15:148-53. 2008..Some of them have a good correlation with the platelet recovery index. To assess the quality control of standard PC prepared in our blood bank, we measured the blood gas and the degree of platelet activation...
- Neonatal platelet activation in preeclampsiaB Klein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of the University of Technology, Aachen, Germany
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 7:29-32. 2001..Antibodies against the following antigens were used as markers for platelet activation: CD 41, CD62P, CD 63, and platelet-bound fibrinogen...
- Platelet activation through triathlon competition in ultra-endurance trained athletes: impact of thrombin and plasmin generation and catecholamine releaseM Mockel
Department of Medicine, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Int J Sports Med 22:337-43. 2001..We examined 30 healthy triathletes during a triathlon competition. Flow cytometric detection of CD62p (P-selectin) was used to measure in vivo activation of platelets...
- Losartan and simvastatin inhibit platelet activation in hypertensive patientsShosaku Nomura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
J Thromb Thrombolysis 18:177-85. 2004..and platelet hyperaggregability, with increased levels of platelet activation-markers such as P-selectin (CD62P) and platelet-derived microparticles...
- Relationships between optical aggregometry (type born) and flow cytometry in evaluating ADP-induced platelet activationSilverio Sbrana
Laboratory of Hematology and Flow Cytometry, CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Massa, Italy
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 74:30-9. 2008..The aim of our study has been to demonstrate the existence of relationships between early events of ADP-induced platelet activation, measured by flow cytometry and platelet-rich plasma aggregation, quantified by optical aggregometry...
- Early local intracoronary platelet activation after drug-eluting stent placementAiliman Mahemuti
Department of Cardiology and UPRES EA3920 IFR133, University of Franche Comte Medical School, Jean Minjoz University Hospital, Bensancon, France
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:1986-91. 2007..However, early changes in platelet activation in coronary circulation following drug-eluting stent (DES) implantation have never been reported...
- Platelet activation in Alzheimer diseaseS Sevush
Department of Psychiatry, University of Miami School of Medicine, Fla 33136, USA
Arch Neurol 55:530-6. 1998..In light of recent reports of diminished platelet serotonin concentration and increased plasma serotonin levels in patients with Alzheimer disease (AD), we hypothesized that a state of heightened platelet activation might be present in AD...
- [Effect of tetramethylpyrazine on platelet activation and vascular endothelial function in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention]Zhang Qiang Chen
Department of Cardiology, Jiangxi Provincial People s Hospital, Nanchang
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 27:1078-81. 2007..To explore the effect of tetramethylpyrazine (TMP) on platelet activation and vascular endothelial function after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS)...
- Use of mean platelet component to measure platelet activation on the ADVIA 120 haematology systemM G Macey
Department of Haematology, The Royal London Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Cytometry 38:250-5. 1999Platelet activation results in changes in a number of cell surface molecules including an increase in P-Selectin (CD62P) that may be rapidly and conveniently measured by immunofluorescent flow cytometry...
- Increased platelet surface expression of P-selectin and thrombospondin as markers of platelet activation in essential thrombocythaemiaM Griesshammer
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Infectious Diseases and Haemostaseology, University of Ulm, Federal Republic of Germany
Thromb Res 96:191-6. 1999..The platelet surface expression of p-selectin (CD62p) and thrombospondin (TSP) has been shown to correlate with platelet activation...
- Relationship between platelet activation related factors and polymorphism of related genes in patients with coronary heart disease of blood-stasis syndromeMei Xue
Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100091, China
Chin J Integr Med 14:267-73. 2008....
- Levels and value of platelet activation markers in different subtypes of acute non-cardio-embolic ischemic strokeNai Wen Tsai
Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Thromb Res 124:213-8. 2009..This study aimed to evaluate the value of platelet activation and platelet-leukocyte interaction in different subtypes of acute, non-cardio-embolic ischemic stroke...
- Significance of platelet activation in vascular access survival of haemodialysis patientsYao Cheng Chuang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niaosung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan 833, Republic of China
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:947-54. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of platelet activation in recurrent vascular access failure...
- Comparison of two methods to assess variability of platelet response to anti-platelet therapies in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing angioplastyCharaf E Ahnadi
Collaborative Research for Effective Diagnostics, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, 3001, 12 Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4
Thromb Haemost 92:1207-13. 2004..Concentration), on the automated ADVIA 120 Hematology System and by the classic measurement of P-selectin (CD62P) expression, on a fluorescence flow cytometer...
- Effects of urinary protease inhibitor on inflammatory response during on-pump coronary revascularisation. Effect of ulinastatin on inflammatory responseJ Bingyang
Department of Cardiopulmonary Bypass, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, PUMC and CAMS, Beijing, China
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:497-503. 2007..We performed a prospective randomized study to investigate the influence of high-dose ulinastatin on cytokines and platelet activation and on respiratory function during and after CPB...
- The association of depression with platelet activation: evidence for a treatment effectM C Morel-Kopp
Northern Blood Research Centre, Department of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Thromb Haemost 7:573-81. 2009..Depression is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Although the mechanism is uncertain, prothrombotic and inflammatory factors may play a role...
- Platelets and cytokines in concert with endothelial activation in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive diseaseD A Tsakiris
Haemostasis Laboratory DCL, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 11:165-73. 2000..Platelet membrane activation markers (CD62P, CD63, activated GPIIb/IIIa) were immunologically measured at 0, 1, 24 and 48 h, and 3 and 6 months after PTA...
- Potential enzyme cost reduction with the addition of surfactant during the hydrolysis of pretreated softwoodMaobing Tu
School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 161:274-87. 2010..Further analysis indicated a 66% reduction in total enzyme cost could potentially be achieved under the concept...
- Circulating vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 correlates with the extent of human atherosclerosis in contrast to circulating intercellular adhesion molecule-1, E-selectin, P-selectin, and thrombomodulinK Peter
Department of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:505-12. 1997..These findings suggest an important role of VCAM-1 in atherosclerosis and may serve as the basis for further evaluation of circulating VCAM-1 as a potential serum marker for atherosclerosis...
- Monocyte-platelet complexes on CD14/CD16 monocyte subsets: relationship with ApoA-I levels. A preliminary studyKarim Zouaoui Boudjeltia
Laboratoire de Médecine Expérimentale ULB 222 Unit, ISPPC Hopital André Vesale, Montigny le Tilleul, Belgium
Cardiovasc Pathol 17:285-8. 2008..Studies showed the essential role of L-selectin (CD62-L), expressed by the monocytes, and the platelets by forming complexes with monocytes...
- Recycling cellulases during the hydrolysis of steam exploded and ethanol pretreated Lodgepole pineMaobing Tu
Forest Products Biotechnology Group, Department of Wood Science, Forest Sciences Centre, University of British Columbia, 2424 Main Mall, V6T 1Z4, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Biotechnol Prog 23:1130-7. 2007..These results suggested that the higher lignin content of the SELP substrate, and the low affinity of cellulases for the SELP substrate limited enzyme recycling by readsorption onto fresh substrates...
- [Effects of ulinastatin on coagulation and platelet function in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting with cardiopulmonary bypass]Hong wen Ji
Department of Anesthesiology, Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:175-8. 2009..To investigate the effects of ulinastatin (U) on coagulation, platelet function, and postoperative bleeding in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) with cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Patients with acute coronary syndromes express enhanced CD40 ligand/CD154 on plateletsC D Garlichs
Medical Clinic II, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nurnberg, Ostliche Stadmauerstrasser 29, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Heart 86:649-55. 2001..To investigate whether CD40L/CD154 on platelets and soluble CD40L/CD154 may play a role in the inflammatory process of acute coronary syndromes...
- Molecular mapping of functional domains of the leukocyte receptor for endothelium, LAM-1G S Kansas
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 6084
J Cell Biol 114:351-8. 1991..family of cell adhesion molecules, termed selectins or LEC-CAMs, which also includes ELAM-1 and PAD-GEM (GMP-140/CD62)...
- Flow cytometric quantitation of immunofluorescence intensity: problems and perspectives. European Working Group on Clinical Cell AnalysisJ W Gratama
Department of Clinical and Tumor Immunology, Daniel den Hoed Kliniek, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cytometry 33:166-78. 1998..lymphoma cells, intensity of CD38 expression by CD8+ T-lymphocytes to monitor activation status, and intensity of CD62P to detect platelet activation...
- Sodium nitroprusside in patients with compromised left ventricular function undergoing coronary bypass: reduction of cardiac proinflammatory substancesP Massoudy
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 119:566-74. 2000....
- A Valance Washington; Fiscal Year: 2015..AIM 3: Develop the TLT-1/p-selectin (CD62P) double null mouse (DNTP) model...
- Comprehensive biomarker study to capitalize on existing GWAS in 10K South AsiansDanish Saleheen; Fiscal Year: 2010..We seek support for additional blood markers to PROMIS by assaying plasma biomarkers potentially relevant to atherogenesis, plaque rupture and/or thrombosis. ..
- CELL ADHESION AND CARBOHYDRATE LIGANDSROGER LAINE; Fiscal Year: 1993..that 3 proteins, E-Selectin (Endothelial/Leukocyte Adhesion Molecule, ELAM-1), L-Selectin, and P-Selectin (GMP140) were a series of new calcium-binding lectins (C-lectins) which played a role in leukocyte adhesion to endothelium ..
- SELECTINS ROLE IN VASCULAR INJURY IN GENE-TARGETEDIan Sarembock; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, these studies will open new avenues to potential therapeutic strategies to limit neointimal growth after vascular injury. ..
- JUERGEN KARL WILLMANN; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- X-RAYS INDUCE EXOCYTOSIS OF ENDOTHELIAL P-SELECTINDennis Hallahan; Fiscal Year: 2002..These proteins included CD62P (P-selectin), CD63, Interleukin-8, and von Willebrand factor (vWF)...
- ISCHEMIA/REPERFUSION INJURY IN SURGERY AND TRAUMANicholas Vedder; Fiscal Year: 2000..of ischemia-reperfusion, focusing on the role of protein kinase C (PKC) in regulating endothelial P-selectin (CD62P) mobilization and synthesis...
- PHTHALOCYANINE PDT--IN VIVO RESPONSES AND MECHANISMSCraig Elmets; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal of these studies is to generate new knowledge regarding the in vivo mechanisms by which PDT works so that it can be used more effectively to treat cancer. ..
- MIGRATION OF PIONEER T LYMPHOCYTES INTO THE BRAINMichael Carrithers; Fiscal Year: 2003During the first two years of this award, it was demonstrated that P selectin (CD62P) mediates migration of pioneer T lymphocytes into the central nervous system (CNS)...
- TTP PATHOGENESIS IN MODEL SYSTEMS IN VITRO AND IN VIVODavid Acheson; Fiscal Year: 1999..This will provide insights for the development of diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative regimens. ..
- AZADEH POURSAID; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Hamid Ghandehari; Fiscal Year: 2014..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Design of new gene delivery systems will improve the efficacy of treatment, reduce toxicity and improve quality of life for head and neck cancer patients. ..
- In-situ Gelling Protein Polymer Intravascular Embolic Agent for Hepatic CarcinomaHamid Ghandehari; Fiscal Year: 2012..Consequently, TACE treatment could be offered to a larger patient population with greater number of tumors and/or greater tumor size, for which few treatment options exist. ..
- Vassiliki A Boussiotis; Fiscal Year: 2016..with our hypothesis, we found that T cells in PGE2-UCBT recipients displayed limited in vivo expansion, increase in CD62+ cell fraction in the CD8+ population and molecular features of central memory-like cells characterized by ..
- MATRIX-MEDIATED DELIVERY OF PROTAMINE FOR ADJUVANT ANTICANCERGENE THERAPY RESUBMJordan Frandsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The development of this proposal and training to be carried out by the PI will establish a new approach in enhancing local adenoviral delivery and increasing anticancer therapeutic efficacy. ..
- Microsystem-based Formation of Recombinant Protein FibersXiaoyi Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Significantly, the demystification of spiders'remarkable silk spinning process and the development of "green" fabrication techniques may lead to the engineering of performance protein fibers for many biomedical applications. ..
- Protein-cell assemblies as tissue-mimicsXiaoyi Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such a tissue mimic can be used to grow artificial tissues, and provide a mimetic tissue- environment to study disease mechanisms and drug metabolisms, aiding in the development of new therapy for various diseases. ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2013..Simultaneous investigation in two different populations is also expected to provide insights into potential causes undedying racial disparities in CVD risk and prevalence. ..
- Chaim O Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2014..The discovery and characterization of the genetic factors which are the goals of this study are crucial for the understanding of the pathology of the disease and will result in novel targets and therapies for this devastating condition. ..
- MOUSE MODEL OF EOSINOPHIL MEDIATED SKIN PATHOLOGYJames Lee; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- NEUTROPHILS TRANSENDOTHELIAL MIGRATION: MOLECULAR EVENTSAlan Burns; Fiscal Year: 2004..assays to examine the functional role of leukocyte (CD11a/CD18 and CD11b/CD18) and endothelial (CD31, CD54, CD62E, CD62P) adhesion molecules and chemotactic factors (IL-8, PAF, MIP-2, and KC) in neutrophil migration at tricellular ..
- Leukocyte C2GIcNAcT-I in atherosclerosisYuqing Huo; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will have significant implications for the inhibition of leukocyte C2GlcNAcT-l in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis and its complications. ..
- Alcohol-Metabolizing Gene Variation, Lipids, Hemostatic Factors and CVDKelly Volcik; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Health and Perceived Cognition in Post-CABG PatientsJohn Gunstad; Fiscal Year: 2004..A better understanding of the factors contributing to subjective cognitive complaints may lead to improved patient care and reduced health care costs. ..
- Age-related inflammatory changes: The role of genes and body composition changesYongmei Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Defending Against Systemic MycosesGEORGE DEEPE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The collaborative and synergistic effort manifested by this group of investigators will provide new and exciting information regarding prevention and/or treatment of these problematic fungi. ..
- GENETICS OF CHILDHOOD ONSET SLEChaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2003..They further state that this is a multi-center application from some of the largest pediatric lupus clinics in the country and, therefore, represents a major and unique resource for the study of the genetics of childhood-onset SLE. ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF BLOOD CLOTTING PROTEINSBruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2001..Detailed knowledge of these processes will improve our understanding of the biology of these proteins and has potential for improvements in hemophilia therapy. ..
- COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES IN NEURONAL CELL FUNCTIONRONALD SCHNAAR; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Enhancing axon regeneration by multi-inhibitor blockingRONALD SCHNAAR; Fiscal Year: 2005..The resulting data may provide insight on the relative contributions of the different ARI's in an in vivo model, and may support evaluation of new approaches to enhance axon regeneration after CNS injury. ..
- FOREIGN BODY REACTION AND DEVICE CENTERED INFECTIONLiping Tang; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- FOREIGN BODY REACTION AND DEVICE CENTERED INFECTIONLiping Tang; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Chemical Genetic Analysis of Platelet Granule SecretionRobert Flaumenhaft; Fiscal Year: 2008..Once identified, compounds will be tested in a previously established battery of platelet function tests and evaluated for antithrombotic potential in an in vivo murine model of thrombus formation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lipoprotein Metabolism 2008 Gordon Research ConferenceRobert Hegele; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FOURTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PEDIATRIC CARDIAC DEVICESAkif Undar; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be the only national/international conference to focus solely on pediatric cardiac patients. (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of inflammation: sheddases and CD62LBruce Walcheck; Fiscal Year: 2009..This knowledge will be highly useful in the development of more specific therapies tailored to inflammatory processes and immunity. ..
- COAGULATION ACTIVATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Innate and adaptive immunity in COPD exacerbationsJeffrey Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal of this study is to learn how specific parts of the immune system cause these symptoms. This information is a first step to finding more effective treatments to prevent and treat COPD exacerbations. ..
- Cognitive Effects of Bariatric SurgeryJohn Gunstad; Fiscal Year: 2009..Determining these effects may impart key insight into the neurocognitive consequences of obesity and identify the most effective treatment options. ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul J Mills; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptotic T Cell Clearance From Murine LungsJeffrey L Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project studies a molecule called MerTK that appears to control clearance. Understanding MerTK could lead to new treatments to prevent complications of many types of lung damage. ..
- CD8 T Lymphocyte Regulation of EAE Disease PhenotypeMichael Carrithers; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Activation of clotting & cell adhesion: gas embolismDavid M Eckmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work is the basis for neuroprotection in gas embolism-induced stroke, a persistent, growing health threat without treatment. ..
- Atherosclerosis Stage, Estrogen Receptors, and Vascular Responses to EstrogenTHOMAS COSTIN REGISTER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- INTRAVITAL VIDEO-RATE CONFOCAL MICROSCOPEBruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2001..The BioRad RTS2000 real-time laser confocal system, fitted to a Nikon E600FN microscope, will provide a group of investigators with instrumentation to significantly advance their fields. ..
- Mechanisms of Pro-Thrombosis in Diabetes MellitusDavid Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further, these results will define the importance of prothrombotic potential in diabetic subjects while potentially identifying new therapeutic targets in patients with diabetes and other insulin resistant states. ..
- UCSD Hillcrest Flow CytometerPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also be the centerpiece for an environment of shared ideas and collaboration among investigators who now utilize cytometry for their research. ..
- RISK OF PORCINE PICORNAVIRUS IN XENOTRANSPLATATIONM Njenga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal is to transplant pig organs/tissues containing persistent porcine virus into primates in order to determine the risk of disease. ..
- A new direction in studing sex hormone involovement in *Chaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2003..Stanczyk) and biochemistry of steroid hormones (Dr. Roberts). The project proposed represents a clear and distinct departure from the PI's and the other investigators ongoing research. ..
- T CELL ADHESION MOLECULES IN MURINE LUPUS PNEUMONITISJeffrey Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our long-term goal is to develop effective therapies to treat established SLE based on anti-adhesive strategies. ..
- ESTROGEN EFFECTS ON ANXIETY RELATED NEURAL SYSTEMSMargaret Altemus; Fiscal Year: 2004..This field of investigation is likely to improve understanding and treatment of anxiety and affective disorders, both of which are widely prevalent, chronic public health problems. ..
- Role of selectins and selectin ligands in the pathobiol*Bruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2004..To prove the physiologic importance of this pathway, we will attempt to rescue homozygous protein C deficient mice from fatal thrombosis by PSGL-1 deficiency. ..
- Distinction of skin homing T cells that bind P-selectinBruce Walcheck; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PEDIATRIC MECHANICAL CIRCULATORY SUPPORT SYSTEMSAkif Undar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The manuscripts from all of the contributors including key note, invited, slide and poster presenters will be peer-reviewed and will be published in the November-December 2005 issue of the ASAIO Journal. ..
- Telomere Length as a Marker of Cardiovascular AgingEllen Demerath; Fiscal Year: 2005..Telomeric DNA length may thus be found to be a valuable plasma biomarker for the prediction and monitoring of cardiovascular health and aging. ..
- DISORDERED BLOOD COAGULATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2006..Similarly, exposure of such surface markers as CD62P and CD40L, along with increased circulating levels of thrombospondin represents strong evidence of platelet ..
- Factor lXa-Factor Vllla complexes in blood coagulationBruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- EFFECT OF SRIs ON GONADAL STEROIDSMargaret Altemus; Fiscal Year: 2006..Currently, for the 30% of subjects with PMDD and OCD who do not respond to SRI treatment, there are few, if any, alternative pharmacologic strategies. ..
- SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PEDIATRIC CARDIAC DEVICEAkif Undar; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Androgen Hormones in PMDDMargaret Altemus; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will also provide evidence as to whether androgen hormones, acting through androgen receptors, play a role in the pathophysiology of PMDD. ..
- PROTECTIVE ANTIGENS FROM HISTOPLASMA CAPSULATUMGEORGE DEEPE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SNARE PROTEINS IN PLATELET ALPHA-GRANULE SECRETIONRobert Flaumenhaft; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BIOCOMPATIBILITY: SURFACE INITIATED BIOCHEMISTRYLiping Tang; Fiscal Year: 2007..This knowledge will provide a starting point for the future design of surface tailored implantable materials having desired tissue reactivity and, as needed, wound healing response. ..
- Membrane Binding and Imaging Applications of AnnexinsJonathan Tait; Fiscal Year: 2007..Determine which mutant proteins have faster removal from the target site, thus allowing for repeated measurement of PS expression over short periods of time (up to one day). ..
- Extracellular matrix and protease markers of malignant thyroid neoplasmElectron Kebebew; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use these results to design a multicenter clinical trial evaluating the diagnostic and prognostic value of ECM1 and TMPRSS4 expression in patients with thyroid neoplasm. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SELECTIN LIGANDS IN LEUKOCYTE BIOLOGY AND INFLAMMATIONBruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we propose to use the PSGL-1 null mouse to establish whether the absence of PSGL-1 will block or mitigate graft versus host disease following bone marrow transplantation in a mouse model. ..
- A novel method to identify methionine-oxidized proteinsJackob Moskovitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cytokine mechanisms in systemic lupus erythematosusChaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies should lead to better understanding of a number of characteristics of SLE and may lead to identification of new targets for therapy. ..