Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: osteoprotegerin
Description: TNF receptor superfamily member 11b
Alias: OCIF, OPG, PDB5, TR1, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 11B, osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factor, osteoprotegerin, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 11b
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Osteoprotegerin: a novel secreted protein involved in the regulation of bone densityW S Simonet
Department of Molecular Genetics, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Cell 89:309-19. 1997A novel secreted glycoprotein that regulates bone resorption has been identified. The protein, termed Osteoprotegerin (OPG), is a novel member of the TNF receptor superfamily...
- The capability of plasma osteoprotegerin as a predictor of cardiovascular disease: a systematic literature reviewMads Nybo
Department of Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Genetics, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 159:603-8. 2008b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) strongly inhibits bone resorption and may also serve as a vascular calcification inhibitor...
- Osteoclast differentiation factor is a ligand for osteoprotegerin/osteoclastogenesis-inhibitory factor and is identical to TRANCE/RANKLH Yasuda
Research Institute of Life Science, Snow Brand Milk Products Co, Ltd, 519 Ishibashi machi, Shimotsuga gun, Tochigi 329 0512, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3597-602. 1998..we purified and molecularly cloned osteoclastogenesis-inhibitory factor (OCIF), which was identical to osteoprotegerin (OPG)...
- osteoprotegerin-deficient mice develop early onset osteoporosis and arterial calcificationN Bucay
Department of Molecular Genetics, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1789, USA
Genes Dev 12:1260-8. 1998b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a secreted protein that inhibits osteoclast formation. In this study the physiological role of OPG is investigated by generating OPG-deficient mice...
- OPGL is a key regulator of osteoclastogenesis, lymphocyte development and lymph-node organogenesisY Y Kong
Amgen Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nature 397:315-23. 1999The tumour-necrosis-factor-family molecule osteoprotegerin ligand (OPGL; also known as TRANCE, RANKL and ODF) has been identified as a potential osteoclast differentiation factor and regulator of interactions between T cells and ..
- Genetic determinants of trabecular and cortical volumetric bone mineral densities and bone microstructureLavinia Paternoster
MRC Centre for Causal Analyses in Translational Epidemiology, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 9:e1003247. 2013..6×10⁻¹⁴; LOC285735, rs271170, p = 2.7×10⁻¹²; OPG, rs7839059, p = 1.2×10⁻¹⁰; and ESR1/C6orf97, rs6909279, p = 1.1×10⁻⁹)...
- A genome-wide meta-analysis of six type 1 diabetes cohorts identifies multiple associated lociJonathan P Bradfield
The Center for Applied Genomics, The Children s Hospital Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002293. 2011..These latest associated regions add to the growing repertoire of gene networks predisposing to T1D...
- Role of the OPG/RANK/RANKL triad in calcifications of the atheromatous plaques: comparison between carotid and femoral bedsMarie Françoise Heymann
INSERM, UMR 957, Nantes F 44035, France
Cytokine 58:300-6. 2012..It has been clearly demonstrated that the molecular triad osteoprotegerin (OPG)/Receptor Activator of NFkB (RANK)/RANK Ligand (RANKL) exerts its activities in the osteoimmunology and ..
- Osteoprotegerin and soluble receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand and risk for coronary events: a nested case-control approach in the prospective EPIC-Norfolk population study 1993-2003Anne G Semb
Department of Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, N 0319 Oslo, Norway
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:975-80. 2009The purpose of this study was to examine the association between serum levels of osteoprotegerin (OPG) and receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand (RANKL) and future coronary artery disease (CAD) in apparently healthy ..
- OPG and RANK polymorphisms are both associated with cortical bone mineral density: findings from a metaanalysis of the Avon longitudinal study of parents and children and gothenburg osteoporosis and obesity determinants cohortsL Paternoster
Medical Research Council Centre for Causal Analyses in Translational Epidemiology, Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Oakfield House, Oakfield Grove, Bristol BS8 2BN, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:3940-8. 2010..Several single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) have been reliably associated with areal bone mineral density (aBMD) in genome-wide association studies of mostly older subjects...
- The influence of Lys3Asn polymorphism in the osteoprotegerin gene on bone mineral density in Chinese postmenopausal womenHong Yan Zhao
Shanghai Clinical Center for Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, 197 Ruijin Er Road, 200025, Shanghai, China
Osteoporos Int 16:1519-24. 2005The objective was to identify single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in exons of the osteoprotegerin gene and to analyze the relationship between the SNPs and bone mineral density in postmenopausal women...
- Serum levels of the osteoprotegerin, receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand, metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) and tissue inhibitors of MMP-1 levels are increased in men 6 months after acute myocardial infarctionAntonios Halapas
Department of Experimental Physiology, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:510-6. 2008b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) and receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand (RANKL) are critical regulators of bone remodeling and RANKL/RANK signaling could also play an important role in the remodeling process of several tissues, ..
- Serum osteoprotegerin: bone or cardiovascular marker in Type 2 diabetes males?P Rozas Moreno
Bone Metabolic Unit, Endocrinology Division, Hospital Universitario San Cecilio, Granada, Spain
J Endocrinol Invest 36:16-20. 2013The role of osteoprotegerin (OPG) as a marker of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is not well established...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the promoter region of the osteoprotegerin gene is related to intima-media thickness of the carotid artery in hypertensive patients. The Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation vs Atenolol (SILVHIAH Brändström
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
Blood Press 13:152-7. 2004b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a secreted member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor family, and in previous studies has been shown to regulate osteoclast activity and differentiation...
- Is A163G polymorphism in the osteoprotegerin gene associated with heel velocity of sound in postmenopausal women?K Zajickova
Institute of Endocrinology, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 57:S153-7. 2008b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) plays an important inhibitory role in osteoclastogenesis. Polymorphisms in the OPG gene recently have been associated with various bone phenotypes including fractures...
- Evolution of coronary artery calcifications following kidney transplantation: relationship with osteoprotegerin levelsA S Bargnoux
Department of Biochemistry, University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Am J Transplant 9:2571-9. 2009We prospectively assessed the evolution of coronary artery calcification (CAC) and osteoprotegerin (OPG) levels after renal transplantation (RT). Eighty-three recipients were followed-up prospectively during 1 year...
- Genetic variations in the genes encoding receptor activator nuclear factor κ B (RANK), receptor activator nuclear factor κ B ligand (RANKL) and osteoprotegerin (OPG) in patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: a case-control studyGunter Assmann
Internal Medicine I and José Carreras Research Center, Department of Dermatology, University of Saarland Medical School, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Dermatol 38:519-23. 2011..polymorphisms (SNP) in the genes encoding for receptor activator nuclear factor κ B (RANK, two SNP), osteoprotegerin (OPG, two SNP) and RANKL (three SNP in patients with Ps and PsA)...
- TNFRSF11B gene polymorphisms 1181G > C and 245T > G as well as haplotype CT influence bone mineral density in postmenopausal womenSimona Mencej-Bedrač
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Askerceva cesta 7, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Maturitas 69:263-7. 2011b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) inhibits osteoclast function by acting as a decoy receptor for receptor activator of nuclear factor-κB ligand (RANKL), thus being an important candidate gene for osteoporosis...
- Osteoprotegerin as a predictor of renal and cardiovascular outcomes in renal transplant recipients: follow-up data from the ALERT studyMy Svensson
Department of Nephrology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:2571-5. 2012..CV risk remains high after successful renal transplantation. Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a glycoprotein, involved in the regulation of the vascular calcification process...
- "Single nucleotide polymorphisms of the OPG/RANKL system genes in primary hyperparathyroidism and their relationship with bone mineral density"María Piedra
Endocrinology Service, University Hospital Marqués de Valdecilla University of Cantabria IFIMAV, Avda, de Valdecilla, Santander 39008, Spain
BMC Med Genet 12:168. 2011..It is thought that parathyroid hormone (PTH) indirectly regulates the activity of osteoclasts by means of the osteoprotegerin/ligand of the receptor activator of nuclear factor-κβ (OPG/RANKL) system...
- Biomarkers of the osteoprotegerin pathway: clinical correlates, subclinical disease, incident cardiovascular disease, and mortalityWolfgang Lieb
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Mass, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1849-54. 2010Experimental evidence identified the osteoprotegerin (OPG)/receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB (RANK)/RANK ligand (RANKL) pathway as a candidate system modulating vascular remodeling and cardiovascular disease (CVD).
- Identity of osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factor (OCIF) and osteoprotegerin (OPG): a mechanism by which OPG/OCIF inhibits osteoclastogenesis in vitroH Yasuda
Research Institute of Life Science, Snow Brand Milk Products Co, Ltd, Tochigi, Japan
Endocrinology 139:1329-37. 1998..We previously reported the isolation of a new cytokine termed osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factor, OCIF, which specifically inhibits osteoclast development...
- PDGF induces osteoprotegerin expression in vascular smooth muscle cells by multiple signal pathwaysJifeng Zhang
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Drive SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
FEBS Lett 521:180-4. 2002b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a key regulator of osteoclastogenesis. Recent reports suggest that OPG may function as a protector of arterial calcification and survival of endothelial cells...
- Arterial osteoprotegerin: increased amounts in diabetes and modifiable synthesis from vascular smooth muscle cells by insulin and TNF-alphaP Olesen
Research Laboratory for Biochemical Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Diabetologia 48:561-8. 2005..We hypothesised that the bone-related protein osteoprotegerin (OPG) may occur in altered amounts in the arterial wall in diabetes, putatively associated with altered ..
- Serum osteoprotegerin is inversely associated with carotid plaque echogenicity in humansAnders Vik
Center for Atherothrombotic Research in Tromsø CART, Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Atherosclerosis 191:128-34. 2007b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a member of the tumour necrosis factor superfamily involved in the regulation of bone metabolism and vascular calcification. High serum values of OPG are associated with cardiovascular disease in humans...
- Prevalence of OPG and IL-1 gene polymorphisms in chronic periodontitisJudith Wagner
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 34:823-7. 2007To investigate the association of polymorphisms in the osteoprotegerin (OPG) and interleukin 1 (IL-1) genes with chronic periodontitis (CP).
- Bone mineral density, osteoporosis, and osteoporotic fractures: a genome-wide association studyJ B Richards
Department of Twin Research and Genetic Epidemiology, King s College London, London, UK
Lancet 371:1505-12. 2008..Osteoporosis is diagnosed by the measurement of bone mineral density, which is a highly heritable and multifactorial trait. We aimed to identify genetic loci that are associated with bone mineral density...
- Association between osteoprotegerin gene polymorphism and bone mineral density in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosisIl Soo Eun
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Busan Medical Center, Busan, Korea
Eur Spine J 18:1936-40. 2009..Therefore, this study examined the association between the bone mass and RANKL, RANK, and OPG gene polymorphisms in 198 girls diagnosed with AIS...
- Does osteoprotegerin relate to micro- and macrovascular complications in long-term type 1 diabetes?Jakob Grauslund
Department of Ophthalmology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 70:188-93. 2010..b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is expressed in vascular myocytes, and increasing levels have been reported in type 1 diabetes...
- Receptor activator of NF-kB (RANK) expression in primary tumors associates with bone metastasis occurrence in breast cancer patientsDaniele Santini
Department of Medical Oncology, University Campus Bio Medico of Rome, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e19234. 2011Receptor activator of NFkB (RANK), its ligand (RANKL) and the decoy receptor of RANKL (osteoprotegerin, OPG) play a pivotal role in bone remodeling by regulating osteoclasts formation and activity...
- Osteoprotegerin promotes vascular fibrosis via a TGF-β1 autocrine loopBarbara Toffoli
Institute for Maternal and Child Health, IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, Italy
Atherosclerosis 218:61-8. 2011This study was designed to evaluate the potential role of osteoprotegerin (OPG) in arterial fibrosis.
- Bone biomarkers help grading severity of coronary calcifications in non dialysis chronic kidney disease patientsMarion Morena
Laboratoire de Biochimie, CHRU de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 7:e36175. 2012b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) and fibroblast growth factor-23 (FGF23) are recognized as strong risk factors of vascular calcifications in non dialysis chronic kidney disease (ND-CKD) patients...
- Isolation of a novel cytokine from human fibroblasts that specifically inhibits osteoclastogenesisE Tsuda
Research Institute of Life Science, Snow Brand Milk Products Co, Ltd, Tochigi, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 234:137-42. 1997..The factor, termed osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factor, OCIF, was purified to homogeneity...
- Characterization of structural domains of human osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factorK Yamaguchi
Research Institute of Life Science, Snow Brand Milk Products Co, Ltd, 519 Ishibashi machi, Shimotsuga gun, Tochigi 329 0512, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:5117-23. 1998b>Osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factor (OCIF) is a heparin-binding secretory glycoprotein that belongs to the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) family...
- TNFRSF11B gene variants and bone mineral density in postmenopausal women in MaltaC Vidal
Department of Pathology, University of Malta Medical School, Malta
Maturitas 53:386-95. 2006..A number of polymorphisms in various genes have been identified and associated with bone mineral density (BMD) and with an increased risk of osteoporosis...
- Simvastatin reduces plasma osteoprotegerin in type 2 diabetic patients with microalbuminuriaBirgitte Nellemann
Medical Department M, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Diabetes Care 30:3122-4. 2007
- Osteoprotegerin Lys3Asn polymorphism and the risk of fracture in older womenS P Moffett
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 130 DeSoto Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2002-8. 2008b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a soluble decoy receptor for receptor activator nuclear factor kappa-beta that blocks osteoclastic bone resorption.
- Association between osteoprotegerin G1181C and T245G polymorphisms and diabetic charcot neuroarthropathy: a case-control studyDario Pitocco
Institute of Internal Medicine, Policlinico A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Diabetes Care 32:1694-7. 2009..Charcot neuroarthropathy is a disabling complication of diabetes. Although its pathogenesis remains unknown, we suppose that genetics may play a relevant role...
- Correlations of urinary biomarkers, TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK), osteoprotegerin (OPG), monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), and IL-8 with lupus nephritisAmal El-Shehaby
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Clin Immunol 31:848-56. 2011..study was designed to correlate urinary biomarkers, TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK), osteoprotegerin (OPG), monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), and interleukin-8 (IL-8) levels, with renal involvement in ..
- Association of polymorphisms of the osteoprotegerin gene with bone mineral density in Japanese women but not menYoshiji Yamada
Department of Gene Therapy, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, 1 1 Naka fudogaoka, Kakamigahara, Gifu 504 0838, Japan
Mol Genet Metab 80:344-9. 2003Given that osteoprotegerin plays an important role in bone remodeling, the osteoprotegerin gene may be a candidate locus for susceptibility to osteoporosis...
- Cloning and characterization of the gene encoding human osteoprotegerin/osteoclastogenesis-inhibitory factorT Morinaga
Research Institute of Life Sciences, Snow Brand Milk Products, Co Ltd, Tochigi, Japan
Eur J Biochem 254:685-91. 1998The human osteoprotegerin (OPG)-osteoclastogenesis-inhibitory factor (OCIF) gene has been cloned and characterized. The OPG-OCIF gene is a single-copy gene consisting of five exons, and spans 29 kb of the human genome...
- Osteoprotegerin deficiency and juvenile Paget's diseaseMichael P Whyte
Center for Metabolic Bone Disease and Molecular Research, Shriners Hospitals for Children, St Louis, MO 63131, USA
N Engl J Med 347:175-84. 2002..The molecular basis is not known. Osteoprotegerin deficiency could explain juvenile Paget's disease because osteoprotegerin suppresses bone turnover by ..
- Osteoprotegerin is bound, internalized, and degraded by multiple myeloma cellsTherese Standal
Institute of Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Medisinsk Teknisk Senter, Trondheim, Norway
Blood 100:3002-7. 2002..The balance between receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) ligand and osteoprotegerin (OPG) is of major importance in bone homeostasis...
- Variation in genes involved in the RANKL/RANK/OPG bone remodeling pathway are associated with bone mineral density at different skeletal sites in menYi Hsiang Hsu
Program for Population Genetics, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, FXB 101, Boston, MA, USA
Hum Genet 118:568-77. 2006In order to assess the contribution of polymorphisms in the RANKL (TNFSF11), RANK (TNFRSF11A) and OPG (TNFRSF11B) genes to variations in bone mineral density (BMD), a population-based cohort with 1,120 extreme low hip BMD cases or ..
- Association between osteoprotegerin gene polymorphism and coronary artery disease in Japanese menReiko Ohmori
Atherosclerosis 187:215-7. 2006
- Early posttransplant serum osteoprotegerin levels predict long-term (8-year) patient survival and cardiovascular death in renal transplant patientsJøran Hjelmesaeth
Department of Medicine, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1746-54. 2006..objectives of this analysis were to examine the effects of early posttransplantation (10 wk) serum levels of osteoprotegerin (OPG), mannose-binding lectin (MBL), and MBL-associated serine proteases (MASP; MASP-2 and MASP-3) on long-..
- No associations between OPG gene polymorphisms or serum levels and measures of osteoporosis in elderly Australian womenT Ueland
Section of Endocrinology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Bone 40:175-81. 2007..balance between the newly discovered members of the tumor necrosis factor ligand and receptor superfamilies, osteoprotegerin (OPG) and receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand, which mediate the effects of many upstream ..
- An increased osteoprotegerin serum release characterizes the early onset of diabetes mellitus and may contribute to endothelial cell dysfunctionPaola Secchiero
Department of Morphology and Embryology, University of Ferrara, Italy
Am J Pathol 169:2236-44. 2006Serum osteoprotegerin (OPG) is significantly increased in diabetic patients, prompting expanded investigation of the correlation between OPG production/release and glycemic levels...
- Multiple genetic loci for bone mineral density and fracturesUnnur Styrkarsdottir
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
N Engl J Med 358:2355-65. 2008..Bone mineral density influences the risk of osteoporosis later in life and is useful in the evaluation of the risk of fracture. We aimed to identify sequence variants associated with bone mineral density and fracture...
- Osteoprotegerin is a receptor for the cytotoxic ligand TRAILJ G Emery
Department of Molecular Biology, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
J Biol Chem 273:14363-7. 1998..We have identified a fifth TRAIL receptor, namely osteoprotegerin (OPG), a secreted tumor necrosis factor receptor homologue that inhibits osteoclastogenesis and increases ..
- Stimulation of osteoprotegerin (OPG) gene expression by transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta). Mapping of the OPG promoter region that mediates TGF-beta effectsK Thirunavukkarasu
Gene Regulation, Bone and Inflammation Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Co, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Biol Chem 276:36241-50. 2001..factor-beta (TGF-beta) regulates osteoclastogenesis and osteoclast survival, in part through the induction of osteoprotegerin (OPG), a protein known to inhibit osteoclast formation and function...
- Receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand and osteoprotegerin: potential implications for the pathogenesis and treatment of malignant bone diseasesL C Hofbauer
Division of Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Philipps University, Baldingerstrasse, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Cancer 92:460-70. 2001..ligand (RANKL), its receptor, receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB (RANK), and its decoy receptor, osteoprotegerin (OPG), on osteoclast biology and bone resorption...
- Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a survival factor for human prostate cancer cellsIngunn Holen
Bone Oncology Group, Divisions of Clinical Sciences and Genomic Medicine, Medical School, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Cancer Res 62:1619-23. 2002..b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a decoy receptor for tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) that inhibits ..
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the promoter region of the human gene for osteoprotegerin is related to vascular morphology and functionHelena Brändström
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:13-7. 2002b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a secreted member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor family, and has previously been shown to regulate bone mass by inhibiting osteoclast differentiation and activation...
- Polymorphisms in the osteoprotegerin gene are associated with osteoporotic fracturesBente L Langdahl
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Denmark
J Bone Miner Res 17:1245-55. 2002b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a soluble receptor for RANKL and therefore a competitive inhibitor of osteoclast differentiation and activity...
- Linkage and association analyses of the osteoprotegerin gene locus with human osteoporosisHioryuki Ohmori
Department of Public Health, Asahikawa Medical College, 2 1 1 1 Midorigaoka Higashi, Asahikawa 078 8510, Japan
J Hum Genet 47:400-6. 2002b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG), a secreted glycoprotein and a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, is considered to play an important role in the regulation of bone resorption by modifying osteoclast differentiation...
- A mutation in the gene TNFRSF11B encoding osteoprotegerin causes an idiopathic hyperphosphatasia phenotypeTim Cundy
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Hum Mol Genet 11:2119-27. 2002..The gene TNFRSF11B encoding osteoprotegerin (OPG), which lies within this locus, was an obvious candidate, given the critical role of OPG in regulating ..
- Osteoprotegerin gene polymorphism and the risk of osteoporosis and vascular diseaseLorenz C Hofbauer
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4078-9. 2002
- Sequence variations in the osteoprotegerin gene promoter in patients with postmenopausal osteoporosisB Arko
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Clinical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4080-4. 2002b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a recently discovered member of the TNF receptor superfamily that acts as an important paracrine regulator of bone remodeling...
- Increased plasma concentrations of osteoprotegerin in type 2 diabetic patients with microvascular complicationsS T Knudsen
Medical Department M Diabetes Endocrinology, Institute of Pathology, Aarhus Kommunehospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 149:39-42. 2003b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a newly identified inhibitor of bone resorption. Recent studies indicate that OPG also acts as an important regulatory molecule in the vasculature...
- Idiopathic hyperphosphatasia and TNFRSF11B mutations: relationships between phenotype and genotypeBelinda Chong
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, LabPlus, Auckland Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
J Bone Miner Res 18:2095-104. 2003Homozygous mutations in TNFRSF11B, the gene encoding osteoprotegerin, were found in affected members from six of nine families with idiopathic hyperphosphatasia...
- Receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB ligand and osteoprotegerin regulate aortic valve calcificationJens J Kaden
First Department of Medicine Cardiology, Angiology, and Pneumology, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theordor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:57-66. 2004..Receptor Activator of Nuclear factor kappaB Ligand" (RANKL) and osteoprotegerin (OPG) are members of a cytokine system involved in bone turnover and vascular calcification...
- Serum osteoprotegerin (OPG) and the A163G polymorphism in the OPG promoter region are related to peripheral measures of bone mass and fracture odds ratiosHenrik L Jørgensen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Hvidovre University Hospital, Kettegaard Alle 30, 2650, Hvidovre, Denmark
J Bone Miner Metab 22:132-8. 2004The purpose of this study is to investigate the association of serum osteoprotegerin (OPG) and the A163G polymorphism in the OPG promoter with peripheral measures of bone mass and with odds ratios for wrist and hip fracture in a case-..
- The role of osteoprotegerin and tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand in human microvascular endothelial cell survivalL B Pritzker
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Box 351720, Seattle, Washington 98195 1720, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2834-41. 2004..integrin ligation, downstream activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, and subsequent up-regulation of osteoprotegerin (OPG). In this study, the mechanism by which OPG protects endothelial cells from death was examined...
- Osteoprotegerin gene polymorphisms in men with coronary artery diseaseMuhidien Soufi
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3764-8. 2004b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) antagonizes receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand (RANKL), the principal regulator of osteoclasts. Of note, OPG-deficient mice display osteoporosis and arterial calcification...
- Localization of osteoprotegerin, tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand, and receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand in Mönckeberg's sclerosis and atherosclerosisMichael Schoppet
Department of Internal Medicine, Philipps University, Baldingerstrasse, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4104-12. 2004..Medial calcification of arteries is common in patients with diabetes mellitus or chronic renal failure. Osteoprotegerin (OPG) and receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand are essential modulators of bone homeostasis and ..
- Regulation of vascular calcification by osteoclast regulatory factors RANKL and osteoprotegerinPatricia Collin-Osdoby
Department of Biology and Division of Bone and Mineral Research, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Circ Res 95:1046-57. 2004..potential roles, clarify whether RANKL (receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB ligand) promotes and osteoprotegerin (OPG) protects against vascular calcification, define how OPG genetic polymorphisms relate to cardiovascular ..
- Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is localized to the Weibel-Palade bodies of human vascular endothelial cells and is physically associated with von Willebrand factorA C W Zannettino
Myeloma and Mesenchymal Research Laboratory, Division of Haematology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, and Hanson Institute, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Cell Physiol 204:714-23. 2005Recent studies demonstrate roles for osteoprotegerin (OPG) in both skeletal and extra-skeletal tissues...
- Association of the osteoprotegerin gene polymorphisms with bone mineral density in postmenopausal womenBarbara Arko
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Askerceva 7, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Maturitas 51:270-9. 2005b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a recently discovered member of the tumour necrosis factor receptor superfamily. It plays a crucial role in the control of bone resorption and its gene could therefore be a good candidate gene for osteoporosis...
- Osteoprotegerin is associated with silent coronary artery disease in high-risk but asymptomatic type 2 diabetic patientsAntoine Avignon
Metabolic Disease Department, Lapeyronie Hospital, 371, Av Doyen G Giraud, 34295, Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Diabetes Care 28:2176-80. 2005b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is an inhibitor of osteoclastogenesis, which has been recently involved in atherosclerosis. The relationship between coronary atherosclerosis and OPG has never been studied in asymptomatic type 2 diabetic patients.
- Genetic polymorphisms of OPG, RANK, and ESR1 and bone mineral density in Korean postmenopausal womenJ Y Choi
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Calcif Tissue Int 77:152-9. 2005To evaluate the effects of genetic polymorphisms of OPG, RANK, and ESR1, which regulate osteoclastogenesis, on bone mineral density (BMD), a cross-sectional study was conducted in 650 Korean postmenopausal women...
- Osteoprotegerin (OPG)--a potential new role in the regulation of endothelial cell phenotype and tumour angiogenesis?Simon S Cross
Academic Units of Clinical Oncology, Pathology and Surgical Oncology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Int J Cancer 118:1901-8. 2006..Recent reports have suggested that osteoprotegerin (OPG) is involved in the control of endothelial cell survival through the inhibition of the activity of ..
- Serum osteoprotegerin is increased and independently associated with coronary-artery atherosclerosis in patients with rheumatoid arthritisYu Asanuma
Saitama Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Atherosclerosis 195:e135-41. 2007b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG), a soluble decoy receptor for receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB ligand, is implicated in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Serum levels of OPG, RANKL and RANKL/OPG ratio in newly-diagnosed patients with multiple myeloma. Clinical correlationsVeselina Goranova-Marinova
Clinic of Hematology, University Hospital Sv Georgi Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Haematologica 92:1000-1. 2007Serum levels of OPG and RANKL and their clinical correlations were analyzed in 66 newly-diagnosed patients with multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Biology of RANK, RANKL, and osteoprotegerinBrendan F Boyce
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 9:S1. 2007The discovery of the receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand (RANKL)/RANK/osteoprotegerin (OPG) system and its role in the regulation of bone resorption exemplifies how both serendipity and a logic-based approach can identify ..
- Association between osteoprotegerin (OPG), receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB (RANK), and RANK ligand (RANKL) gene polymorphisms and circulating OPG, soluble RANKL levels, and bone mineral density in Korean postmenopausal womenJung Gu Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Menopause 14:913-8. 2007To investigate the association between osteoprotegerin (OPG), receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB (RANK), and RANK ligand (RANKL) gene polymorphisms and circulating OPG, soluble RANKL (sRANKL) levels, and bone mineral density (..
- Associations between HLA-DRB1, RANK, RANKL, OPG, and IL-17 genotypes and disease severity phenotypes in Japanese patients with early rheumatoid arthritisTakefumi Furuya
Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 10 22 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 162 0054, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 26:2137-41. 2007..DRB1 (HLA-DRB1) shared epitope (SE), receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB (RANK), RANK ligand (RANKL), osteoprotegerin (OPG), and interleukin 17 (IL-17) genotypes with age of disease onset and radiographic progression in ..
- Evidence of a role for osteoprotegerin in the pathogenesis of pulmonary arterial hypertensionAllan Lawrie
Cardiovascular Research Unit, University of Sheffield School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, LU123, L Floor Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Rd, Sheffield, S10 2JF, UK
Am J Pathol 172:256-64. 2008..The secreted glycoprotein osteoprotegerin (OPG) is emerging as an important regulatory molecule in vascular biology and is modulated by BMPs, 5-HT, and ..
- The relationship between serum levels of vascular calcification inhibitors and carotid plaque vulnerabilityNikolaos P E Kadoglou
Department of Vascular Surgery, Medical School, University of Athens, 124 Vosporou Street, Athens, Greece
J Vasc Surg 47:55-62. 2008Osteopontin (OPN) and osteoprotegerin (OPG) are well-known vascular calcification inhibitors, which have been recently demonstrated to correlate with inflammation and cardiovascular events incidence...
- Association of the 163A/G and 1181G/C osteoprotegerin polymorphism with bone mineral densityM T Garcia-Unzueta
Clinical Biochemistry, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Horm Metab Res 40:219-24. 2008The aim of the study was to investigate the distribution of 163 A/G osteoprotegerin gene promoter and 1181 G/C osteoprotegerin exon 1 polymorphisms in a group of women with different hormonal status and to analyze their relationship with ..
- Plasma osteoprotegerin levels predict cardiovascular and all-cause mortality and deterioration of kidney function in type 1 diabetic patients with nephropathyA Jorsal
Steno Diabetes Center, Niels Steensens Vej 2, 2820, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetologia 51:2100-7. 2008The bone-related peptide osteoprotegerin is produced by vascular cells and is involved in the process of vascular calcification...
- Serum osteoprotegerin is associated with carotid intima media thickness in women with previous gestational diabetesBaris Akinci
Dokuz Eylul University Medical School, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Turkey
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 82:172-8. 2008Circulating levels of osteoprotegerin (OPG) have been shown to be increased in patients with cardiovascular disorders and diabetes...
- Relationship of elevated osteoprotegerin with insulin resistance, CRP, and TNF-alpha levels in men with type 2 diabetesSubhashini Yaturu
Department of Endocrinology, Overton Brooks VA Medical Center LSUHSC, 510 East Stoner Avenue, 111E, Shreveport, LA 71101 4295, USA
Cytokine 44:168-71. 2008Our objective of this study is to investigate the relationship between plasma osteoprotegerin (OPG) levels in type 2 diabetes and its relationship with the insulin resistance, HbA(1c), CRP, and TNF-alpha levels.
- Osteoprotegerin and RANKL differentially regulate angiogenesis and endothelial cell functionJoseph S McGonigle
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Angiogenesis 12:35-46. 2009b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) a soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor family molecule protects endothelial cells from apoptosis in vitro and promotes neovascularization in vivo...
- Circulating osteoprotegerin levels are elevated and correlated with antiphospholipid antibodies in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusS K Kwok
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Lupus 18:133-8. 2009..Recent studies indicate that osteoprotegerin (OPG) acts as an important molecule in the development of vascular diseases...
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes across the osteoprotegerin gene associated with bone mineral density and osteoporotic fracturesS Jurado
Internal Medicine, URFOA, IMIM, RETICEF, Hospital del Mar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Osteoporos Int 21:287-96. 2010b>Osteoprotegerin plays a key role in bone remodelling. We studied the association between 24 polymorphisms and haplotypes on the OPG gene and bone mineral density and fractures...
- Associations between osteoprotegerin polymorphisms and bone mineral density: a meta-analysisYoung Ho Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 37:227-34. 2010Associations between polymorphisms of the osteoprotegerin gene (OPG) and bone mineral density (BMD) have been studied by several research groups, but results are mixed...
- Systemic inflammatory markers in COPD: results from the Bergen COPD Cohort StudyT M L Eagan
Dept of Thoracic Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Eur Respir J 35:540-8. 2010..05). The present study confirms that certain circulating inflammatory mediators are an important phenotypic feature of COPD...
- Allelic variations of RANKL/OPG signaling system are related to bone mineral density and in vivo gene expressionIstvan Takacs
1st Department of Internal Medicine, Semmelweis University, Koranyi S u 2 a, Budapest H 1083, Hungary
Eur J Endocrinol 162:423-31. 2010Receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand/osteoprotegerin (RANKL/OPG) signaling system plays a crucial role in the regulation of bone resorption...
- Genetic variation in the RANKL/RANK/OPG signaling pathway is associated with bone turnover and bone mineral density in menDelnaz Roshandel
Arthritis Research UK, Epidemiology Unit, The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Manchester, UK
J Bone Miner Res 25:1830-8. 2010The aim of this study was to determine if single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in RANKL, RANK, and OPG influence bone turnover and bone mineral density (BMD) in men. Pairwise tag SNPs (r(2) > or = 0...
- Genetic variations in genes encoding RANK, RANKL, and OPG in rheumatoid arthritis: a case-control studyGunter Assmann
Internal Medicine I and José Carreras Research Centre, University of Saarland Medical School, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Rheumatol 37:900-4. 2010..The receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB (RANK) and the osteoprotegerin (OPG) cascade system have been reported to be essential in osteoclastogenesis...
- Osteoprotegerin genetic polymorphisms and age of symptom onset in ankylosing spondylitisChun Huang Huang
Department of Public Health, Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:359-65. 2011..It is known that RANK ligand (RANKL), which binds to RANK, can cause the activation of bone resorption. Osteoprotegerin (OPG) also competes with RANK by binding to RANKL and inhibiting bone absorption...
- Osteoprotegerin predicts progression of chronic heart failure: results from CORONAThor Ueland
Research Institute for Internal Medicine, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Circ Heart Fail 4:145-52. 2011b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) may be implicated in the pathogenesis of heart failure (HF), and circulating levels predict survival in patients with postinfarction HF...
- Serum osteoprotegerin and tumor necrosis factor related apoptosis inducing-ligand (TRAIL) are elevated in type 2 diabetic patients with albuminuria and serum osteoprotegerin is independently associated with the severity of diabetic nephropathyYu Hung Chang
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 80708, Taiwan
Metabolism 60:1064-9. 2011b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) and tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) have recently been reported to be associated with diabetic nephropathy in an in vitro study...
- Relationship between osteoporosis and adipose tissue leptin and osteoprotegerin in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseasePavol Pobeha
Department of Respiratory Medicine, and Tuberculosis, P J Safarik University, Kosice, Slovakia
Bone 48:1008-14. 2011..Our aim was to investigate expressions of leptin and osteoprotegerin (OPG) in the adipose tissue, and their relationships to osteoporosis in patients with COPD.
- Osteoprotegerin and diabetes-associated pathologiesA M Blázquez-Medela
Unidad de Fisiopatología Renal y Cardiovascular, Instituto Reina Sofia de Investigacion Nefrologica, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
Curr Mol Med 11:401-16. 2011b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a member of the tumour necrosis factor receptor superfamily of cytokines which, in spite of being initially described as a strong anti-resorptive factor, has lately been considered as a possible link between bone ..
- Assessment of the genetic effects of polymorphisms in the osteoprotegerin gene, TNFRSF11B, on serum osteoprotegerin levels and carotid plaque vulnerabilityGiuseppe Straface
Vascular Medicine and Atherothrombosis Laboratory, Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Polo Pontino, Italy
Stroke 42:3022-8. 2011b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) is a secretory glycoprotein which belongs to the tumor necrosis factor receptor family...
- Correlates of osteoprotegerin and association with aortic pulse wave velocity in patients with chronic kidney diseaseJulia J Scialla
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:2612-9. 2011b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG), a cytokine that regulates bone resorption, has been implicated in the process of vascular calcification and stiffness.
- Influence of polymorphisms in the RANKL/RANK/OPG signaling pathway on volumetric bone mineral density and bone geometry at the forearm in menDelnaz Roshandel
Arthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Stopford Building, UK
Calcif Tissue Int 89:446-55. 2011We sought to determine the influence of single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in RANKL, RANK, and OPG on volumetric bone mineral density (vBMD) and bone geometry at the radius in men...
- Functional polymorphisms within the TNFRSF11B (osteoprotegerin) gene increase the risk for low bone mineral densityChristopher Vidal
DNA Laboratory, Department of Applied Biomedical Science, Faculty of Health Sciences Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Malta, Msida, Malta
J Mol Endocrinol 47:327-33. 2011Polymorphisms within the TNFRSF11B gene have been studied and associated with osteoporosis and fracture risk. Osteoprotegerin (OPG), the product of this gene, is a key negative regulator of osteoclastogenesis and is secreted by ..
- Osteoprotegerin/RANKL axis and progression of coronary artery calcification in hemodialysis patientsAbdullah Ozkok
Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Nephrology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:965-73. 2012..This prospective study investigated the relationship between serum osteoprotegerin, receptor activator of NF-κB ligand, inflammatory markers, and progression of coronary artery calcification ..
- Roberto Civitelli; Fiscal Year: 2016..as well as a hypomineralized and structurally abnormal bone matrix, associated with down-regulation of osteoprotegerin (Opg) and Sost in Obl/Ocy...
- DANIELLE ARDEN VICTOR; Fiscal Year: 2014..factors that have been shown to affect osteoblastogenesis (Wnt10b, BMP6, and PDGF BB) or osteoclastogenesis (RANKL, OPG, and M-CSF)...
- Ernesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2016..Notch induces osteoprotegerin and inhibits the expression of the Wnt antagonist sclerostin enhancing the expression of Wnt target genes...
- IGF-1 MEDIATES THE ANABOLIC EFFECTS OF PTH ON BONEDANIEL DAVID BIKLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ability of PTH to stimulate bone resorption is mediated primarily by induction of RANKL and suppression of OPG by osteoblasts resulting in the differentiation and subsequent activation of osteoclast precursors...
- Ted A Bateman; Fiscal Year: 2015..g., the antiresorptive zoledronate, RANKL-blocking osteoprotegerin (OPG), TNFa binding protein [TNFbp], IL-1 receptor antagonist [IL-1ra], and a TGF[unreadable] receptor I ..
- Effect of HIV Infection and HAART on Bone HomeostasisMERVYN NEALE WEITZMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The osteoclastogenic and proresorptive activities of RANKL are moderated by its physiological decoy receptor osteoprotegerin (OPG)...
- MERVYN N WEITZMANN; Fiscal Year: 2016..RANKL activity is moderated by its physiological decoy receptor osteoprotegerin (OPG). Historically OPG production has always been associated with osteoblast-lineage cells...
- Gene-Engineered and Targeted Stem Cell Therapy for MyelomaSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..a coordinated increase in the receptor activator of nuclear factor-: B ligand (RANKL) and a decrease in osteoprotegerin (OPG) in the bone marrow...
- Innate Immune Bacterial Recognition and OsteoclastogenesisCaroline A Genco; Fiscal Year: 2010..B. We will examine the contribution of RANKL to P. gingivalis induced oral bone loss using OPG in P. gingivalis infected C57BL/6 and TNFR-/- mice. Aim 2...
- RANKL/OPG-Mediated Control of Vascular CalcificationLinda L Demer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Two of the major regulators are RANKL, a TNF-alpha superfamily member, and OPG, its soluble decoy receptor...
- Novel regulatory mechanisms of the osteoclast transcriptional programAntonios O Aliprantis; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have recently discovered that in the absence of NFATd, osteoclast precursors make osteoprotegerin, a potent inhibitor of osteoclast differentiation...
- Mechanisms of RANKL Mediated Osteoclast ActivationSteven L Teitelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, our resolution of the RANKL/RANK crystal structure and that of RANKL with the cysteine-rich domains of OPG, the decoy receptor, positions us to develop structure-based RANKL antagonists to arrest RANK signaling in the OC...
- Yang Yang; Fiscal Year: 2015..of bone resorbing osteoclasts is activated by Receptor Activator of NF-?B Ligand (RANKL) and inhibited by osteoprotegerin (OPG). Activated osteoclasts secrete matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), degrading bone tissue...
- RANK-Associated Inhibitor (RAIN) in Osteoclast FormationBryant Darnay; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG, also known as OCIF/TR1) is a soluble, decoy receptor that inhibits RANKL from binding to its cell ..
- Enhancement of implant osseointegrationMathias P Bostrom; Fiscal Year: 2013..formation or prevent bone resorption, such as intermittent administration of parathyroid hormone (PTH) or osteoprotegerin (OPG) treatment may benefit osseointegration to improve fixation and long-term surgical outcomes...
- Plasma Osteoprotegerin and Adverse Outcomes in CHD PatientsIftikhar J Kullo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this application is to investigate whether plasma levels of osteoprotegerin (OPG) predict adverse outcomes (fatal and nonfatal myocardial infarction, ischemic stroke and heart failure) ..
- Erin L Ealba; Fiscal Year: 2015..Specific Aim 3 will determine the extent to which NCM acts via TGF2-dependent RANKL/OPG signaling to affect osteoclast activity and jaw length...
- Richard A Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 3 will determine the extent to which NCM enlists targets of TGF[unreadable] signaling including RANKL and OPG to spatiotemporally regulate osteoclasts, matrix remodeling, and bone growth...
- KATHERINE NELSON WEILBAECHER; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Osteoprotegerin (OPG) receptor activator of nuclear factor-kB (RANK) and RANK ligand (RANKL) pathway plays a central role in ..
- Michael E Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2016..there is accelerated development of atherosclerosis and vascular calcification in mice that are deficient in osteoprotegerin, a decoy receptor for the receptor activator of NFkB ligand (RANKL)...
- GENETIC BASES FOR DISEASES OF THE RANK SIGNALING PATHWAYSTEVEN R MUMM; Fiscal Year: 2013..Homozygous deletion of the TNFRSF11B gene, encoding osteoprotegerin (OPG), was identified as the cause of JPD in two Navajo families...
- Optimal Selective Thyroid Hormone Analogs for Metabolic SyndromeJohn D Baxter; Fiscal Year: 2010..exhibit distinctive combinations of different modes of selectivity;preferential binding to the TR2-isoform versus TR1, liver and tissue uptake selectivity and gene selectivity...
- Application of Mechanical Vibration to Enhance Orthodontic Tooth MovementDawei Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..and non-invasive tool to enhance OTM and that the mechanism of this effect may be through the modulation of the OPG/RANKL and SOST signaling pathways. To test our hypotheses, we plan to complete the following specific aims (SA)...
- Mechanisms of bone invasion and tumor growth in models of head and neck cancer.CHELSEA MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Resorption will be evaluated by measuring stromal cell expression of RANKL and OPG (mediators of osteoclast activity), differentiation of pre-osteoclast cells, and TGF-J3 release from bone cultures...
- Regulation of Organized Intestinal Lymphoid Tissues by TRANCE/RANKLIfor R Williams; Fiscal Year: 2012..The third aim is to determine how local expression of the osteoprotegerin (OPG) soluble decoy receptor and RANKL-induced effects on intestinal DC and macrophages influence the effects ..
- Michael J McKenna; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have identified an animal model, the OPG-/- (knockout) mouse, which exhibits foci of active remodeling within the otic capsule, similar to otosclerosis...
- Bone Density and Circulating Mediators of Bone Metabolism in Chronic SCILeslie Morse; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on preliminary studies, we hypothesize the osteoprotective marker osteoprotegerin (OPG) is involved in the pathogenesis of SCI-induced bone loss and may be a biomarker of disease severity and ..
- ROLE OF TGF-B INDUCIBLE EARLY GENE IN OSTEOCLASTOGENESISMerry Jo Oursler; Fiscal Year: 2010..TIEG-/- osteoblasts have a reduced capactiy to support osteoclast differentiation, in part due to increased OPG and decreased RANKL expression...
- Lizabeth A Allison; Fiscal Year: 2015..proposal explores aspects of the molecular mechanisms regulating nuclear export of the thyroid hormone receptor 11 (TR1) and other related members of the nuclear receptor superfamily...
- Ann M Zavacki; Fiscal Year: 2016..The T3 formed accounts for most of the actions of T4. The effects of T3 require its binding to nuclear receptors (TR1 and TR2)...
- REGULATION OF AUTOIMMUNITY WITH T CELL RECEPTOR PEPTIDESArthur A Vandenbark; Fiscal Year: 2010..previously documented ability to regulate Th1 cells through the release of IL-10, with properties similar to Th2 or Tr1 cells...
- Song Yao; Fiscal Year: 2015..serum biomarkers, including BAP for bone formation and TRAP5b for resorption, six key regulatory cytokines (RANKL, OPG, IL1, IL6, TNF[unreadable], CSF), and 25-hydroxyvitamin D...
- Establishing the Precursors of Osteoporosis in ChildrenXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..health in 1,500 twin pairs at baseline and follow-up study, including bone modeling and remodeling markers: osteoprotegerin (OPG), soluble receptor activator of NFKB ligand (sRANKL), parathyroid hormone (PTH), osteocalcin (OC), ..
- Optimization of Protein Therapeutics FormulationsLawrence J Delucas; Fiscal Year: 2012..phase-1 studies using vaccine candidates obtained from two pharmaceutical companies as well as the proteins osteoprotegerin (involved in bone mineralization and osteoporosis), the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator ..
- TNF-ALPHA AND BMP2-WNT SIGNALING IN DIABETIC VASCULAR DISEASEDwight A Towler; Fiscal Year: 2012..Comparison will be made with responses to the RANKL inhibitor, OPG. Aim 2: "To characterize the mechanisms whereby TNF- alpha signaling via NADPH oxidase promotes Msx2 gene ..
- Gender differences in Bone Loss and Incident FracturesElizabeth L Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will measure for the first time morphometric spine fractures by DXA-IVA, and serum osteoprotegerin (OPG) levels...
- Osteoprotegerin Regulation of the Atherosclerotic Lesion ExpansionMarta Scatena; Fiscal Year: 2012..provided by applicant): The overall goal of this proposal is to define the molecular mechanisms by which osteoprotegerin (OPG) inhibits the progression of atherosclerosis...
- FDRC1 AND FOLLICULAR DENDRITIC CELL SIGNALING PATHWAYSEdward A Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013..tumor necrosis factor-alpha-related papooses-inducing ligand) and the soluble 'decoy'receptor osteoprotegerin (OPG), which binds RANK ligand (RANKL) and TRAIL...
- BASIC FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR EXPRESSION IN BONE CELLSMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will examine the expression of genes that are critical for osteoclast formation including osteoprotegerin ligand (OPGL), osteoprotegerin (OPG), receptor activator of NFKB (RANK) and macrophage colony stimulating ..
- Osteoclastic Bone Resorption in Psoriatic ArthritisChristopher Ritchlin; Fiscal Year: 2003..2. To define the expression pattern of TNF-a, RANK, RANKL and osteoprotegerin (OPG) in the psoriatic joint. 3...
- Optimization of Protein Therapeutic FormulationsLawrence J Delucas; Fiscal Year: 2010..evaluated using one or more vaccine candidates obtained from a pharmaceutical company as well as the protein osteoprotegerin (OPG), which is involved in bone mineralization and osteoporosis...
- EXTRACELLULAR CALCIUM-SENSING RECEPTORS IN OSTEOBLASTSL Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2009..factors released from primary stimulation of osteoclast-mediated bone resorption in vivo by transfer of osteoprotegerin (OPG) deficiency onto the GPRC6A null background...
- THOMAS STERLING SCANLAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..the most active member identified to date of this class, has no affinity for the nuclear thyroid hormone receptors TR1 and TR2;instead, T1AM is a potent agonist of an orphan GPCR called TAAR1 and is an inhibitor of catecholamine ..
- Anti-Resorptives for Dysregulated Bone Remodeling in OlNancy Pleshko Camacho; Fiscal Year: 2005..An exciting potential new therapy would be the use of osteoprotegerin (OPG), a naturally occurring soluble factor synthesized by osteoblasts, which blocks binding of Receptor ..
- The role of IL-27 in iv tolerance in EAEAbdolmohamad Rostami; Fiscal Year: 2012..of autoantigen in EAE causes DCs to produce IL-27, which in turn induces tolerogenic DCs and regulatory Tr1 cells, leading to tolerance...
- THOMAS STERLING SCANLAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..the most active member identified to date of this class, has no affinity for the nuclear thyroid hormone receptors TR1 and TR2, but nevertheless has unique and potentially therapeutically useful biological actions...
- Lactogenic immunity/probiotics: Effect on neonatal gut immunityLinda J Saif; Fiscal Year: 2010..specific, LAB-specific and total isotype B cell responses focusing on gut IgA;3) T cell responses (Th1, Th2, Th3, Tr1 cytokines)...
- Howard L Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2015..that the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) plays an important role in the differentiation of FoxP3+ Treg and IL10+ Tr1 cells. AHR is a ligand-activated transcription factor and several ligands have been described to activate AHR...
- Longtitudinal Study of DialysisRulan S Parekh; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will measure vascular calcification proteins, osteoprotegerin, fetuin-A and matrix gla protein, that are intricately involved in the process of calcification within the ..
- A Novel Therapy for Restricted Induction of Tolerance to Treat Diabetes MellitusKanneganti Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2013..from excess pathogenic Th1/Th17 cells and deficient tolerance-inducing antigen (Ag)-specific Treg (FOXp3+CD25+) and Tr1 CD4+ cells (FOXp3-CD25- IL-10high)...
- Wolfgang H Dillmann; Fiscal Year: 2014..It is currently unclear if increasing the expression of thyroid hormone receptor (TR) isoforms TR1 or TR2 only in vascular endothelial cells (ECs) can result in beneficial vascular effects in the absence of ..
- The Role of Jam-A in Regulating Intestinal Antigen Presenting Cell Function and ICharles A Parkos; Fiscal Year: 2010..and induce distinct types of immune responses, for example pro-inflammatory (Th1/Th17) versus regulatory (Treg/Tr1/Th3) T cells responses...
- Francisco J Quintana; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): IL-10 producing regulatory type 1 (Tr1) T cells are instrumental in the regulation of autoimmunity and graft versus host disease...
- Osteoprotegerin in breast cancer cells: role in tumor growth and metastasisLinda Connelly; Fiscal Year: 2012..by applicant): The goal of this study is to investigate tumor promoting effects of the secreted protein osteoprotegerin (OPG)...
- Howard L Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2016..grant (PPG) is to identify molecular mechanisms of how IL-27 inhibits effector T cells and induces regulatory Tr1 cells with a focus on two transcription factors cMaf and AhR, both of which are induced by IL-27 in responding Tr1 ..
- Tr1-Specific Tolerance: a Novel Treatment of Multiple SclerosisKanneganti Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2012..hR-411 restores regulatory T-cell balance by redirecting pathogenic Th1/Th17 cells into tolerance- inducing Tr1 cells...
- gp96, TLR and immunologic toleranceZihai Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..the potential impact of chronic TLR hyperresponsiveness to commensal flora on IL-10-producing CD4? T cells (TR1) and IL-17-secreting CD4 cells (TH17) in vivo...
- Vadim N Gladyshev; Fiscal Year: 2016..Mammals have three TRs: cytosolic TR1 (Txnrd1), mitochondrial TR3 (Txnrd2) and thioredoxin/glutathione reductase TGR (Txnrd3)...
- Lipoic Acid and Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Alzheimer's DiseaseLYNNE H SHINTO; Fiscal Year: 2012..preliminary data on a panel of serum and plasma biologic markers: tumor necrosis factor alpha;interleukin 6;osteoprotegerin;cholesterol;triglycerides;LDL;HDL;24S-hydroxycholesterol...
- Functions of Mammalian thioredoxin reductasesVADIM GLADYSHEV; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mammals contain three selenoprotein thioredoxin reductase isozymes, TR1, TR3 and TGR, which occur in multiple forms due to alternative splicing...
- ROBERT ANDREW AVERY; Fiscal Year: 2016..imaging protocols targeted specifically for the very young-who are at the highest risk for VA loss from their OPG-will establish RNFL thickness as a quantitative biomarker of VA...
- Cellular Immunity and the Outcome of Hepatitis C Virus InfectionKyong Mi Chang; Fiscal Year: 2010..the relevance of immune co-stimulatory pathways (PD1, CTLA4) and immune regulatory T cells (FoxP3+ Tregs, IL10+ Tr1) in HCV-specific T cell dysfunction...
- Paul L Bollyky; Fiscal Year: 2016..reduced numbers and function of regulatory T-cells, including FoxP3+ regulatory T-cells (Treg) and IL-10 producing TR1. Strategies to promote their numbers and function would have great therapeutic benefit...
- BONE RESPONSE TO COMBINED MECHANICAL AND PTH STIMULATIONX Guo; Fiscal Year: 2005..expression (c-fos, cbfa-1, IGF-1, collagen a1(I), osteopontin, osteocalcin, alkaline phosphatase, RANK-L, and osteoprotegerin) by RT-PCR and in situ hybridization, bone cell activities by bone histomorphometry, and 3D trabecular bone ..
- T reg Cells in MyocarditisSally A Huber; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is surprising since TNFa has been reported to promote the Tr1 type of T reg cell...