Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OGG1
Description: 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase
Alias: HMMH, HOGG1, MUTM, OGH1, N-glycosylase/DNA lyase, 8-hydroxyguanine DNA glycosylase, AP lyase, DNA-apurinic or apyrimidinic site lyase, OGG1 type 1f
Publications267 found, 100 shown here
- Structural basis for recognition and repair of the endogenous mutagen 8-oxoguanine in DNAS D Bruner
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 403:859-66. 2000..The dedicated repair pathway for oxoG centres on 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (hOGG1), an enzyme that recognizes oxoG x C base pairs, catalysing expulsion of the oxoG and cleavage of the DNA backbone...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of non-small cell lung cancerShanbeh Zienolddiny
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 27:560-7. 2006..repair (NER) genes XPA, ERCC1, ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF and ERCC5/XPG; base excision repair (BER) genes APE1/APEX, OGG1, MPG, XRCC1, PCNA, POLB, POLiota, LIG3 and EXO1; double-strand break repair (DSB-R) genes XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC9, NBS1 ..
- Genetic polymorphisms in the base excision repair pathway and cancer risk: a HuGE reviewRayjean J Hung
Genetic Epidemiology Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Am J Epidemiol 162:925-42. 2005..in the base excision repair pathway and cancer risk, focusing on three key genes: 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (OGG1), apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1/APEX1), and x-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1)...
- Polymorphisms in base-excision repair and nucleotide-excision repair genes in relation to lung cancer riskKim De Ruyck
Department of Anatomy, Embryology, Histology and Medical Physics, Ghent University, Proeftuinstraat 86, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Mutat Res 631:101-10. 2007..nucleotide-excision repair gene polymorphisms (XRCC1 -77 T/C, Arg194Trp, Arg280His and Arg399Gln; APE1 Asp148Glu; OGG1 Ser326Cys; XPA -4 G/A; XPC PAT; XPD Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln) with lung cancer risk in Caucasians...
- Expression of 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 (OGG1) and the level of p53 and TNF-αlpha proteins in peripheral lymphocytes of patients with Alzheimer's diseaseMateusz Dezor
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Folia Neuropathol 49:123-31. 2011The aim of the study was to determine the extent of oxidative DNA damage (levels of 8-oxo2dG) and expression of OGG1 and p53 and TNF-α proteins in lymphocytes of Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients and a control group...
- Genetic polymorphisms and alternative splicing of the hOGG1 gene, that is involved in the repair of 8-hydroxyguanine in damaged DNAT Kohno
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 16:3219-25. 1998The hOGG1 gene encodes a DNA glycosylase that excises 8-hydroxyguanine (oh8Gua) from damaged DNA. Structural analyses of the hOGG1 gene and its transcripts were performed in normal and lung cancer cells...
- Effect of combined genetic polymorphisms on lung cancer risk in northern Thai womenJaewwaew Klinchid
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 195:143-9. 2009..Thai population: CYP1A1 (MspI), CYP1A1 (Ile462Val), CYP2E1 (PstI), CYP2E1 (DraI), GSTM1, GSTT1, MPO (AciI), OGG1 (Ser326Cys), TP53 (Arg72Pro), and MMP1(AluI)...
- Dimerization and opposite base-dependent catalytic impairment of polymorphic S326C OGG1 glycosylaseJeff W Hill
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224 6825, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:1620-32. 2006Human 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase (OGG1) is the major enzyme for repairing 8-oxoguanine (8-oxoG), a mutagenic guanine base lesion produced by reactive oxygen species (ROS)...
- Genetic polymorphism of DNA base-excision repair genes (APE1, OGG1 and XRCC1) and their correlation with risk of lung cancer in a Chinese populationZheng Li
Department of Pathology, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Arch Med Res 42:226-34. 2011..base excision repair (BER) pathway could effectively remove oxidative lesions in which 8-oxoguanine glycosylase-1 (OGG1), x-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1), and apurinic/apyimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) play key roles...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 (PARP-1) binds to 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase (OGG1)Nicole Noren Hooten
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Biol Chem 286:44679-90. 2011Human 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase (OGG1) plays a major role in the base excision repair pathway by removing 8-oxoguanine base lesions generated by reactive oxygen species...
- Associations between hOGG1 sequence variants and prostate cancer susceptibilityJianfeng Xu
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Cancer Res 62:2253-7. 2002..The hOGG1 gene encodes a DNA glycosylase/AP lyase that can suppress the mutagenic effects of 8-hydroxyguanine by catalyzing its removal from oxidized DNA...
- hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism, interaction with environmental exposures, and gastric cancer risk in Japanese populationsHiromasa Tsukino
Epidemiology and Prevention Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:977-83. 2004..8-OHdG) formation is one of the most common types of oxidative DNA damage, while human oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) is responsible for repairing 8-OHdG lesions...
- hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and susceptibility to gallbladder cancer in a Chinese populationXingyuan Jiao
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, The People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 121:501-5. 2007The human oxoguanine glycosylase 1(hOGG1) gene encodes a DNA glycosylase that is involved in excision repair of 8-OH-dG (8-hydroxy-2-deoxyguanine) from oxidatively-damaged DNA...
- Oxidative damage-related genes AKR1C3 and OGG1 modulate risks for lung cancer due to exposure to PAH-rich coal combustion emissionsQing Lan
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:2177-81. 2004..between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in four genes (AKR1C3-Gln5His, NQO1-Pro187Ser, MnSOD-Val16Ala and OGG1-Ser326Cys) that play a role in the generation, prevention or repair of oxidative damage and lung cancer risk in a ..
- DNA repair gene hOGG1 codon 326 and XRCC1 codon 399 polymorphisms and bladder cancer risk in a Japanese populationKatsuyuki Arizono
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, 5200 Kihara Kiyotake, Miyazaki, 889 1692 Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:186-91. 2008..There are many enzymes involved in BER. Human oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) and X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1) are enzyme genes of BER...
- Interactive effect of cigarette smoking with human 8-oxoguanine DNA N-glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) polymorphisms on the risk of lung cancer: a case-control study in TaiwanChin Hao Chang
Division of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Institute of Population Health Sciences, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Epidemiol 170:695-702. 2009Human 8-oxoguanine DNA N-glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) plays an important role in repairing oxidative DNA damage induced by tobacco carcinogens...
- Genetic variation in DNA repair genes and prostate cancer risk: results from a population-based studyIlir Agalliu
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:289-300. 2010..Alterations of this pathway have been reported in many cancers. An increase in oxidative DNA damage or decrease in DNA repair capacity with aging or due to germline genetic variation may affect prostate cancer risk...
- Ser326Cys polymorphism in hOGG1 gene and risk of esophageal cancer in a Chinese populationD Y Xing
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100021, China
Int J Cancer 95:140-3. 2001Ser326Cys polymorphism in the hOGG1 gene, which is involved in the repair of 8-hydroxyguanine in oxidatively damaged DNA, has been identified and the variant genotype appears to be related to susceptibility to certain cancers...
- Effect of single mutations in the OGG1 gene found in human tumors on the substrate specificity of the Ogg1 proteinM Audebert
CEA, Departement de Radiobiologie et Radiopathologie, UMR217 CNRS CEA, 60 avenue du général Leclerc, 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
Nucleic Acids Res 28:2672-8. 2000..amino acid substitutions of conserved arginines on the catalytic activities of the human Ogg1 protein (alpha-hOgg1-Ser(326)) (wild-type alpha-hOgg1)...
- Association of the hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism with lung cancer riskLoic Le Marchand
Etiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:409-12. 2002..A Ser326Cys substitution polymorphism in the hOGG1 gene has been suggested, based on in vitro data, to reduce the activity of the enzyme...
- Association of DNA repair polymorphisms with DNA repair functional outcomes in healthy human subjectsPavel Vodicka
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Videnska 1083, 14200, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Carcinogenesis 28:657-64. 2007..The capacity to repair oxidative DNA damage was significantly decreased among individuals with hOGG1 Ser326Cys homozygous variant genotype (0.37 +/- 0.28 SSB/10(9) Da) compared to those with wild-type genotype (0...
- Association between polymorphism of human oxoguanine glycosylase 1 and risk of prostate cancerLan Chen
Genitourinary Division, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, Tampa 33612, USA
J Urol 170:2471-4. 2003The human oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) gene encodes a DNA glycosylase that is involved in excision repair of 8-OH-dG (8-hydroxy-2-deoxyguanine) from oxidatively damaged DNA...
- Excision of oxidatively damaged DNA bases by the human alpha-hOgg1 protein and the polymorphic alpha-hOgg1(Ser326Cys) protein which is frequently found in human populationsC Dherin
CEA, DSV, DRR, UMR217 CNRS CEA, Radiobiologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Fontenay aux Roses, France
Nucleic Acids Res 27:4001-7. 1999..have investigated the substrate specificity of the major nuclear form of the human Ogg1 protein, referred as alpha-hOgg1, for excision of damaged bases from DNA exposed to gamma-irradiation...
- Product-assisted catalysis in base-excision DNA repairJ Christopher Fromme
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nat Struct Biol 10:204-11. 2003..To our knowledge, the present example represents the first documented case of product-assisted catalysis in an enzyme-catalyzed reaction...
- The C-terminal alphaO helix of human Ogg1 is essential for 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase activity: the mitochondrial beta-Ogg1 lacks this domain and does not have glycosylase activityK Hashiguchi
Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, National Institute of Aging IRP, National Institutes of Health, Box1, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:5596-608. 2004The human Ogg1 glycosylase is responsible for repairing 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine (8-oxoG) in both nuclear and mitochondrial DNA...
- Protection of INS-1 cells from free fatty acid-induced apoptosis by targeting hOGG1 to mitochondriaLyudmila I Rachek
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, College of Medicine, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Diabetes 55:1022-8. 2006..expression vector containing the gene for the DNA repair enzyme human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase/apurinic lyase (hOGG1) downstream of the mitochondrial targeting sequence (MTS) from manganese superoxide dismutase...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms in the base excision repair pathway with lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisChikako Kiyohara
Department of Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Lung Cancer 54:267-83. 2006..Therefore, it is likely that the defining feature of future epidemiologic studies will be the simultaneous analysis of large samples of cases and controls...
- A novel R229Q OGG1 polymorphism results in a thermolabile enzyme that sensitizes KG-1 leukemia cells to DNA damaging agentsJeff W Hill
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224 6825, United States
Cancer Detect Prev 31:237-43. 2007Mutations and polymorphisms of OGG1, the major mammalian 8-oxoguanine repair activity, are associated with increased risk for several cancers...
- Inherited predisposition to colorectal adenomas caused by multiple rare alleles of MUTYH but not OGG1, NUDT1, NTH1 or NEIL 1, 2 or 3A R Dallosso
Institute of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Gut 57:1252-5. 2008..MUTYH functions in the DNA base excision repair pathway and has a key role in the repair of oxidative DNA damage...
- Bladder cancer and polymorphisms of DNA repair genes (XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD, XPG, APE1, hOGG1)Kamil Fehmi Narter
Istanbul Universitesi Deneysel Tip Arastirma Enstitüsü, Molekuler Tip Anabilim Dali, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Anticancer Res 29:1389-93. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate six of these genes (XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD, XPG, APE1, hOGG1) each of which has a separate role in these repair mechanisms...
- Expression and polymorphisms of gene 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 and the level of oxidative DNA damage in peripheral blood lymphocytes of patients with Alzheimer's diseaseJolanta Dorszewska
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
DNA Cell Biol 28:579-88. 2009..the level of 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxo2dG) and expression of three isoforms of 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (OGG1), OGG1-1a, 1b, and 1c, and OGG1 protein and Ser326Cys and Arg46Gln polymorphisms of the OGG1 gene, in peripheral ..
- Do DNA repair genes OGG1, XRCC3 and XRCC7 have an impact on susceptibility to bladder cancer in the North Indian population?Ruchika Gangwar
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mutat Res 680:56-63. 2009..Therefore, we sought to examine the correlation between single nucleotide polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and bladder cancer...
- Polymorphisms in hOGG1 and XRCC1 and risk of prostate cancer: effects modified by plasma antioxidantsJianjun Zhang
Department of Public Health, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Urology 75:779-85. 2010..Accumulating evidence indicates that oxidative stress plays a role in prostate carcinogenesis...
- The Cys326 allele of the 8-oxoguanine DNA N-glycosylase 1 gene as a risk factor in smoking- and drinking-associated larynx cancerElzbieta Pawlowska
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Tohoku J Exp Med 219:269-75. 2009..Human 8-oxoguanine DNA N-glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) deals with oxidative DNA damage, and the base changes in the hOGG1 gene may alter the susceptibility of the human ..
- A mammalian DNA repair enzyme that excises oxidatively damaged guanines maps to a locus frequently lost in lung cancerR Lu
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Curr Biol 7:397-407. 1997..Although OG is known to be produced in and cleansed from mammalian genomes, the enzymes responsible for OG repair in these cells have remained elusive...
- Polymorphisms in estrogen bioactivation, detoxification and oxidative DNA base excision repair genes and prostate cancer riskNora L Nock
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1842-8. 2006..b>hOGG1 is a key enzyme in short patch BER because it recognizes and performs initial excision of the most common form of ..
- MUTYH Gln324His gene polymorphism and genetic susceptibility for lung cancer in a Japanese populationAiko Miyaishi
Faculty of Health Sciences, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:10. 2009..We investigated the interactions among the gene polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and lung cancer...
- GPX1 Pro(198)Leu polymorphism, erythrocyte GPX activity, interaction with alcohol consumption and smoking, and risk of colorectal cancerRikke Dalgaard Hansen
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Mutat Res 664:13-9. 2009GPX1 encoding the enzyme glutathione peroxidase 1 (GPX1) and hOGG1 encoding the 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (OGG1) may counteract oxidative stress and resulting DNA damage associated with lifestyle-related exposures...
- hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and risk of lung cancer by histological typeToshiki Okasaka
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
J Hum Genet 54:739-45. 2009Human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) has a major role in the repair of 8-hydroxyguanine, a major promutagenic DNA lesion...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in BER and HRR genes, XRCC1 haplotypes and breast cancer risk in Caucasian womenSilvia Sterpone
Department of Biology, Rome Tre University, Rome, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:631-6. 2010This study aimed to assess whether haplotypes in XRCC1 and SNPs in OGG1 and XRCC3 were associated with an increased risk of developing breast cancer (BC) and early adverse reactions after radiotherapy.
- The association of polymorphisms in DNA base excision repair genes XRCC1, OGG1 and MUTYH with the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaM Stanczyk
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Lodz, Banacha 12 16 St, 90 237, Lodz, Poland
Mol Biol Rep 38:445-51. 2011..the association of polymorphisms in genes encoding three key proteins of DNA base excision repair (BER): the OGG1 Ser326Cys, the MUTYH Tyr165Cys and the XRCC1 Arg399Gln with the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)..
- Lack of influence of DNA repair gene OGG1 codon 326 polymorphisms of gastric cancer risk in the Kashmir valleyM A Malik
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 11:165-8. 2010..repaired through activation of pathways involving polymorphic enzymes, including human 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (OGG1)...
- Selected base excision repair gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to biliary tract cancer and biliary stones: a population-based case-control study in ChinaWen Yi Huang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:100-5. 2008..R399Q, rs25487), apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APEX1) (D148E, rs3136820) and 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (OGG1) (S326C, rs1052133), in a population-based study of 411 biliary tract cancer cases (237 gallbladder, 127 bile duct ..
- No association between hOGG1, XRCC1, and XPD polymorphisms and risk of reflux esophagitis, Barrett's esophagus, or esophageal adenocarcinoma: results from the factors influencing the Barrett's adenocarcinoma relationship case-control studyHeather R Ferguson
Division of Gastroenterology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:736-9. 2008..repaired through activation of pathways involving polymorphic enzymes, including human 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1), X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1), and xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD)...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms of DNA repair genes OGG1 and XRCC1: association with gallbladder cancer in North Indian populationAnvesha Srivastava
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, UP, India
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1695-703. 2009..Cells overcome the DNA damage by repair mechanisms. Genetic variants of OGG1 and XRCC1, important enzymes participating in base excision repair pathway, may confer interindividual variations ..
- Polymorphisms in ERCC2, MSH2, and OGG1 DNA repair genes and gallbladder cancer risk in a population of Northern IndiaKshitij Srivastava
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Cancer 116:3160-9. 2010..Genetic variants of DNA repair enzymes may lead to genetic instability and contribute to gallbladder (GB) carcinogenesis...
- hOGG1 Ser(326)Cys polymorphism and modification by environmental factors of stomach cancer risk in ChineseToshiro Takezaki
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Int J Cancer 99:624-7. 2002..g., resulting in 8-hydroxyguanine adducts. Since a human counterpart exists for the yeast gene OGG1 (hOGG1) encoding an enzyme that repairs 8-hydroxyguanine, its polymorphism, Ser(326)Cys, might have potential as a ..
- hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and breast cancer risk among Asian womenJi Yeob Choi
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Breast Cancer Res Treat 79:59-62. 2003To evaluate the potential association between breast cancer risk and Ser326Cys polymorphism of hOGG1 gene, encoding for an enzyme involved in the base excision repair of 8-hydroxyguanine, hospital based case-control studies were ..
- Association of the hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosisFabio Coppede
Department of Neurosciences, Neurological Clinic, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Neurosci Lett 420:163-8. 2007..There is evidence that the Ser326Cys polymorphism of the human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) gene is associated with a reduced DNA repair activity...
- A limited association of OGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism for adenocarcinoma of the lungHidemi Ito
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
J Epidemiol 12:258-65. 2002The 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (OGG1) repairs DNA by removing 8-hydroxyguanine, a highly mutagenic oxidative DNA adduct. Recently, the gene for OGG1 was cloned and several polymorphisms have been reported...
- Mammalian 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 incises 8-oxoadenine opposite cytosine in nuclei and mitochondria, while a different glycosylase incises 8-oxoadenine opposite guanine in nucleiAnne Jensen
Danish Center for Molecular Gerontology, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Biol Chem 278:19541-8. 2003..Using liver extracts from mice knocked out for 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 (OGG1), we demonstrated that OGG1 is the only glycosylase that incises 8-oxoA, when base-paired with cytosine in ..
- Association of the OGG1-Ser326Cys polymorphism with lung adenocarcinoma riskTakashi Kohno
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045
Cancer Sci 97:724-8. 2006..The OGG1 gene, encoding a glycosylase for 8-hydroxyguanine, an oxidatively damaged promutagenic base, has the polymorphism ..
- DNA repair gene polymorphisms and risk of pancreatic cancerDonghui Li
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 426, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:740-6. 2009..The current research was undertaken to examine the association between genetic variations in DNA repair and pancreatic cancer risk...
- Aprataxin, poly-ADP ribose polymerase 1 (PARP-1) and apurinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) function together to protect the genome against oxidative damageJanelle L Harris
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Radiation Biology and Oncology, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 18:4102-17. 2009..Here, we reveal reduced expression of PARP-1, apurinic endonuclease 1 (APE1) and OGG1 in AOA1 cells and demonstrate a requirement for PARP-1 in the recruitment of aprataxin to sites of DNA breaks...
- Cloning and characterization of a mammalian 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylaseT A Rosenquist
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:7429-34. 1997..We have identified and characterized mouse and human cDNAs encoding homologs of the 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (ogg1) gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Effect of human OGG1 1245C-->G gene polymorphism on 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine levels of leukocyte DNA among patients undergoing chronic hemodialysisD C Tarng
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2338-47. 2001The effects of the human OGG1 gene (hOGG1) 1245C-->G polymorphism on the 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) contents of peripheral leukocyte DNA were investigated among chronic hemodialysis patients...
- Expression and differential intracellular localization of two major forms of human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase encoded by alternatively spliced OGG1 mRNAsK Nishioka
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 10:1637-52. 1999We identified seven alternatively spliced forms of human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (OGG1) mRNAs, classified into two types based on their last exons (type 1 with exon 7: 1a and 1b; type 2 with exon 8: 2a to 2e)...
- Age-associated decrease of oxidative repair enzymes, human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylases (hOgg1), in human agingShin Kuang Chen
Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Yangming University, Taiwan
J Radiat Res 44:31-5. 2003..The 8-oxoguanine repair-specific enzyme 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase (hOgg1) was recently cloned and was observed to conduct mainly short-patch base-excision repair...
- The human 8-oxoguanine DNA N-glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) DNA repair enzyme and its association with lung cancer riskJong Park
Divisions of Cancer Control and Molecular Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Pharmacogenetics 14:103-9. 2004..The codon 326 polymorphism in the hOGG1 gene has been suggested to reduce DNA repair enzyme activity based on in vitro functional analysis...
- [Effects of oxidative DNA damage and genetic polymorphism of the glutathione peroxidase 1 (GPX1) and 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) on lung cancer]Chul Ho Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine Chungbuk National University
J Prev Med Public Health 39:130-4. 2006..The aim of this case-control study was to investigate effects of oxidative stress and genetic polymorphisms of the GPX1 genes and the interaction between them in the carcinogenesis of lung cancer...
- Human 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase 1 protein and gene are expressed more abundantly in the superficial than basal layer of human epidermisArash Javeri
Bosch Institute, Sydney Cancer Center, Dermatology Research Laboratories, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
DNA Repair (Amst) 7:1542-50. 2008Human 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) repairs 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxo-dG) which results from oxidation of guanine...
- The association of OGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and urinary 8-OHdG levels with lung cancer susceptibility: a hospital-based case-control study in TurkeyBensu Karahalil
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Toxicology, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 59:241-50. 2008..It is repaired by 8-hydroxyguanine DNA glycosylase 1 (OGG1), which has several polymorphisms...
- Cardiac overexpression of 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 protects mitochondrial DNA and reduces cardiac fibrosis following transaortic constrictionJianxun Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H2073-80. 2011..transgenic mice with cardiomyocyte-specific overexpression of the DNA repair enzyme 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 (OGG1) isoform 2a...
- Common polymorphisms in the XPD and hOGG1 genes are not associated with the risk of colorectal cancer in a Polish populationTomasz Sliwinski
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Tohoku J Exp Med 218:185-91. 2009..Xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) protein and human homolog of the 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) are involved in nucleotide excision repair and base excision repair, respectively...
- Assessing tumor mutations to gain insight into base excision repair sequence polymorphisms and smoking in colon cancerKaren Curtin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, 84132, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3384-8. 2009..a study of 1,604 incident colon cancer cases and 1,969 matched population-based controls genotyped for BER variants OGG1 (S326C) and XRCC1 (R194W, R280H, and R399Q), we found no associations with colon cancer overall...
- OGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and susceptibility to esophageal cancer in low and high at-risk populations of northern IndiaRohit Upadhyay
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareilly Road, Lucknow, 226014, India
J Gastrointest Cancer 41:110-5. 2010..b>OGG1 Ser326Cys gene polymorphism (rs1052133) has been found to be associated with different cancer susceptibilities and ..
- MUTYH Tyr165Cys, OGG1 Ser326Cys and XPD Lys751Gln polymorphisms and head neck cancer susceptibility: a case control studyTomasz Sliwinski
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Lodz, 12 16, 90 237, Lodz, Poland
Mol Biol Rep 38:1251-61. 2011..present study we investigated the association between three polymorphisms of the MUTYH (Tyr165Cys, rs34612342), the OGG1 (Ser326Cys, rs1052133) and the XPD (Lys751Gln, rs13181) genes with head and neck cancer risk...
- Oxidative stress, Helicobacter pylori, and OGG1 Ser326Cys, XPC Lys939Gln, and XPD Lys751Gln polymorphisms in a Turkish population with colorectal carcinomaAyse Basak Engin
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 14:559-64. 2010The contribution of polymorphisms of DNA repair genes OGG1 Ser326Cys, XPC Lys939Gln, and XPD Lys751Gln in developing colorectal carcinoma is controversial...
- HOGG1 polymorphism in atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer after Helicobacter pylori eradicationLei min Sun
Department of Gastroenterology, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310016, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:4476-82. 2010To investigate the association between Ser326Cys human oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) polymorphism and atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer after Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) eradication.
- Polymorphisms in base excision repair genes as colorectal cancer risk factors and modifiers of the effect of diets high in red meatAsgeir Brevik
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, California 90089, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:3167-73. 2010..Carcinogens generated during meat cooking have been implicated as causal agents and can induce oxidative DNA damage, which elicits repair by the base excision repair (BER) pathway...
- hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia in a Chinese populationQian Li
Department of Hematology and Oncology, The Affiliated Nanjing Children s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing Department of Hematology and Oncology, The Affiliated Children s Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou Department of Molecular and Genetic Toxicology, Cancer Center of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Cancer Sci 102:1123-7. 2011..Repair of 8-oxoG by the base excision repair pathway involves the activity of human 8-oxoG DNA glycosylase 1 (hOGG1)...
- XRCC1 and hOGG1 genes and risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in North African countriesNadia Laantri
Laboratory of Onco Virology, Institut Pasteur du Maroc, Casablanca, Morocco
Mol Carcinog 50:732-7. 2011..X-Ray repair cross-complementing protein 1 (XRCC1) and human 8-oxo-guanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) genes are involved in deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) repair and were found associated with NPC risk in three Asian ..
- hOGG1 exon7 polymorphism and gastric cancer in case-control studies of Japanese Brazilians and non-Japanese BraziliansT Hanaoka
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, 6 5 1 Kashinoha, Kashiwa shi, 277 8577, Chiba, Japan
Cancer Lett 170:53-61. 2001Polymorphism of hOGG1 may be capable of serving as a genetic marker for individual susceptibility to various cancers because of its role in the repair of oxyradical DNA damage...
- No association between OGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and breast cancer riskUlla Vogel
National Institute of Occupational Health, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:170-1. 2003
- Human ribosomal protein S3 interacts with DNA base excision repair proteins hAPE/Ref-1 and hOGG1Vijay Hegde
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808, USA
Biochemistry 43:14211-7. 2004..it is shown here that hS3 positively interacts with the human base excision repair (BER) enzymes N-glycosylase/AP lyase OGG1 and APE/Ref-1...
- Induction of OGG1 gene expression by HIV-1 TatKenichi Imai
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8601
J Biol Chem 280:26701-13. 2005..target for Tat, we performed gene expression profile analysis and found that Tat up-regulates the expression of the OGG1 (8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase-1) gene, which encodes an enzyme responsible for repairing the oxidatively damaged ..
- Polymorphisms of the human OGG1 gene in laryngeal cancer: implications in radiotherapy response and survivalE Monteiro
Portuguese Institute of Oncology, Crop, SA Porto, Molecular Oncology Unit, Rua Antonio Bernardino Almeida, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 126:135-40. 2005The human OGG1 (hOGG1) gene encodes a DNA glycosylase involved in the excision repair of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanine (8-OH-dG) from oxidatively-damaged DNA...
- The 8-oxoguanine DNA N-glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) Ser326Cys variant affects the susceptibility to Graves' diseaseSevda Tanrikulu
Department of Biochemistry, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 29:244-8. 2011..In humans, 8-oxoG is mainly repaired by 8-oxoguanine DNA N-glycosylase-1 (hOGG1), which is an essential component of the base excision repair (BER) pathway...
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma and genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair enzymes XRCC1 and hOGG1En Yu Cho
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10018, Taiwan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1100-4. 2003..To evaluate this hypothesis, this study focused on effects of genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair genes hOGG1 and XRCC1 on the development of NPC...
- Cloning and characterization of mammalian 8-hydroxyguanine-specific DNA glycosylase/apurinic, apyrimidinic lyase, a functional mutM homologueH Aburatani
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Cancer Res 57:2151-6. 1997..MMH) has been identified in the EST database (for expressed sequence tags) through a homology search with yeast OGG1 protein...
- Expression of the OGG1-type 1a (nuclear form) protein in cancerous and non-cancerous human cellsK Shinmura
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Int J Oncol 16:701-7. 2000The human OGG1 gene encodes 8-hydroxyguanine DNA glycosylase. By RT-PCR analysis, five novel type 1 transcripts, in addition to eight known types (OGG1-types 1a to 1c and 2a to 2e), were identified...
- Human OGG1 undergoes serine phosphorylation and associates with the nuclear matrix and mitotic chromatin in vivoFrancoise Dantzer
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Sognsvannveien 20, NO 0027 Oslo, Norway
Nucleic Acids Res 30:2349-57. 2002..In the present study, we have constructed a stable transfectant cell line expressing hOGG1 fused at the C-terminal end to green fluorescent protein (GFP) and investigated the cellular distribution of the ..
- Conditional targeting of the DNA repair enzyme hOGG1 into mitochondriaLyudmila I Rachek
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, College of Medicine, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
J Biol Chem 277:44932-7. 2002..an effort to better understand the physiological role of recombinant 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase/apurinic lyase (OGG1) in mtDNA repair, we constructed an expression vector containing the gene for OGG1 downstream of the mitochondrial ..
- hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism modifies the significance of the environmental risk factor for colon cancerJae Il Kim
Department of Surgery, Ilsan Paik Hospital, Inje University College of Medicine, 2240, Daehwa dong, Ilsan gu, Koyang shi, Kyunggi do 412 270, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 9:956-60. 2003To determine the association of hOGG1 (8-oxoguanine glycosylase I, OGG1) polymorphism of Ser326Cys substitution with colon cancer risk and possible interaction with known environmental risk factors.
- Role of XRCC1 in the coordination and stimulation of oxidative DNA damage repair initiated by the DNA glycosylase hOGG1Stéphanie Marsin
Departement de Radiobiologie et Radiopathologie, UMR 217 CNRS, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, BP6, F 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
J Biol Chem 278:44068-74. 2003..Here, we report that XRCC1 interacts physically and functionally with hOGG1, the human DNA glycosylase that initiates the repair by BER of the mutagenic oxidized base 8-oxoguanine...
- Accumulation of the oxidative base lesion 8-hydroxyguanine in DNA of tumor-prone mice defective in both the Myh and Ogg1 DNA glycosylasesMaria Teresa Russo
Department of Environment and Primary Prevention, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Cancer Res 64:4411-4. 2004The OGG1 and MYH DNA glycosylases prevent the accumulation of DNA 8-hydroxyguanine. In Myh(-/-) mice, there was no time-dependent accumulation of DNA 8-hydroxyguanine in brain, small intestine, lung, spleen, or kidney...
- Rapid detection of single nucleotide polymorphisms related with lung cancer susceptibility of Chinese populationGeyu Liang
School of Public Health, Southeast University, Nanjing, 210009, China
Cancer Lett 223:265-74. 2005..In our study, the possibility of an association of CYP1B1, GSTP1 and hOGG1 genetic polymorphisms with lung cancer was investigated in Chinese population of Nanjing, by a new single ..
- GPX Pro198Leu and OGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphisms and risk of development of colorectal adenomas and colorectal cancerRikke Hansen
National Institute of Occupational Health, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Lett 229:85-91. 2005..We assessed the association between polymorphisms in two genes involved in DNA repair of oxidative stress, GPX and OGG1, and risk of colorectal carcinoma or adenomas...
- hOGG1(326), XRCC1(399) and XRCC3(241) polymorphisms influence micronucleus frequencies in human lymphocytes in vivoRaluca A Mateuca
Laboratorium voor Cellulaire Genetica, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussel, Belgium
Mutagenesis 23:35-41. 2008A pooled analysis of five biomonitoring studies was performed to assess the influence of hOGG1(326), XRCC1(399) and XRCC3(241) gene polymorphisms on micronuclei (MN) frequency in human peripheral blood lymphocytes, as measured by the ex ..
- The hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisHaixin Li
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, PR China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1739-45. 2008The potentially functional polymorphism Ser326Cys in the human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (hOGG1) gene has been implicated in lung cancer risk, but published studies have mixed findings...
- Cloning and characterization of hOGG1, a human homolog of the OGG1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJ P Radicella
Laboratoire de Radiobiologie du DNA, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Departement de Radiobiologie et Radiopathologie, UMR217 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:8010-5. 1997..These results make this novel gene (hOGG1) a strong candidate for the human homolog of the yeast OGG1 and suggest an important role of its product in the ..
- Infrequent mutations of the hOGG1 gene, that is involved in the excision of 8-hydroxyguanine in damaged DNA, in human gastric cancerK Shinmura
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo
Jpn J Cancer Res 89:825-8. 1998DNA glycosylase, encoded by the hOGG1 gene, repairs 8-hydroxyguanine (oh8Gua), which is an oxidatively damaged mutagenic base...
- The human OGG1 gene: structure, functions, and its implication in the process of carcinogenesisS Boiteux
CEA, DSV, Departement de Radiobiologie et Radiopathologie, UMR217 CNRS CEA Radiobiologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Fontenay aux Roses, 92265, France
Arch Biochem Biophys 377:1-8. 2000..In yeast, the OGG1 gene encodes a DNA glycosylase/AP lyase that excises 8-OH-G from DNA...
- DNA adducts, genetic polymorphisms, and K-ras mutation in human pancreatic cancerDonghui Li
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, 1400 Holcombe Blvd, Box 426, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mutat Res 513:37-48. 2002..Polymorphisms of the CYP1A1, CYP2E1, NAT1, NAT2, GSTM1, MnSOD, and hOGG1 genes were determined in these patients...
- Reciprocal "flipping" underlies substrate recognition and catalytic activation by the human 8-oxo-guanine DNA glycosylaseMagnar Bjørås
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Oslo, The National Hospital, Norway
J Mol Biol 317:171-7. 2002..These lesions are targeted by the N-DNA glycosylase hOgg1, which catalyses excision of the aberrant base followed by cleavage of the phosphate backbone directly 5' to the ..
- The human OGG1 DNA repair enzyme and its association with orolaryngeal cancer riskAbul Elahi
Divisions of Cancer Control and Molecular Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:1229-34. 2002The human OGG1 (hOGG1) gene encodes a DNA glycosylase that is involved in the excision repair of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanine (8-OH-dG) from oxidatively-damaged DNA...
- Contribution of the NQO1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms to lung adenocarcinoma susceptibilityNoriaki Sunaga
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:730-8. 2002..of damaged DNA in lung cells, NQO1-Pro187Ser, GSTT1-positive/null, GSTM1-positive/null, CYP1A1-Ile462Val, and OGG1-Ser326Cys, were examined for association with lung adenocarcinoma risk in a case-control study of 198 patients and ..
- Transcription factors NF-YA regulate the induction of human OGG1 following DNA-alkylating agent methylmethane sulfonate (MMS) treatmentMi Rha Lee
Research Center for Proteineous Materials, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
J Biol Chem 279:9857-66. 2004A human 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase (hOGG1) is the main enzyme that repairs 8-oxoG, which is a critical mutagenic lesion. There is a great deal of interest in the up- or down-regulation of OGG1 expression after DNA damage...
- Genetic polymorphism of hOGG1 and risk of pterygium in ChineseH C Kau
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University, and Department of Ophthalmology, Taoyuan Veterans Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
Eye (Lond) 18:635-9. 2004..a marker for the evaluation of photo-oxidative DNA damage, can be repaired by human 8-oxoguanine glycosylase I (hOGG1)...
- Mutational analysis of OGG1, MYH, MTH1 in FAP, HNPCC and sporadic colorectal cancer patients: R154H OGG1 polymorphism is associated with sporadic colorectal cancer patientsI J Kim
Korean Hereditary Tumor Registry, Cancer Research Institute and Cancer Research Center, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Hum Genet 115:498-503. 2004MYH, OGG1 and MTH1 are members of base excision repair (BER) families, and MYH germline mutations were recently identified in patients with multiple adenomas or familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)...
- Are genetic polymorphisms in OGG1, XRCC1 and XRCC3 genes predictive for the DNA strand break repair phenotype and genotoxicity in workers exposed to low dose ionising radiations?Peter Aka
Laboratory for Cell Genetics, Department of Biology, Free University of Brussels, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Mutat Res 556:169-81. 2004..We have conducted a study to assess the predictivity of the OGG1, XRCC1 and XRCC3 genotypes and the in vitro single strand break repair phenotype for the induction of genotoxic ..
- DNA Repair of Endogenous Lesions in CarcinogenesisRabindra Roy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary results showed that DNA glycosylases (such as OGG1 and NTH1)-mediated excision activity of oxidized bases (8-oxoguanine and dihydrouracil) was significantly altered ..
- ISTVAN STEVEN BOLDOGH; Fiscal Year: 2014..The base 8-oxoG is removed from the DNA by 8-oxoG DNA glycosylase 1 (OGG1) in the DNA base excision repair (BER) pathway...
- Repair of Oxidatively Damaged GuaninesA LIEN L LU-CHANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) The physical and functional Interactions of MYH (and Neil1, hOGG1 and hMSH2/hMSH6) with the 9-1-1 complex will be elucidated...
- SAMY LEWIZ HABIB; Fiscal Year: 2016..The DNA repair enzyme that recognizes and excises 8-oxodG is 8- oxoG-DNA glycosylase (OGG1). Deficiency in OGG1 has important functional consequences, compromising the ability of cells to repair DNA...
- Oxidative Stress, Mitochondrial Dysfunction and AgingJOHN NMN PAPACONSTANTINOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..P3 (IB) investigates the regulation of mtDNA repair by 8 oxo-guanine DNA glycosylase (OGG1), and whether the age-associated decline in mitochondrial function is caused by impaired/inefficient DNA repair due ..
- Structure and Mechanism in DNA Excision RepairGREGORY LAWRENCE VERDINE; Fiscal Year: 2013..GO system that are responsible for either direct repair of the highly mutagenic lesion 8-oxoguanine (oxoG) - the hOgg1 enzyme in eukaryotes and MutM in prokaryotes - or repair of the mutagenic adenine in oxoG:A base-pair resulting ..
- Repair of Oxidized Bases in Mammalian GenomesSankar Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2012..Accumulation of oxidized base damage without a strong phenotype in mice lacking OGG1 and NTH1, the major mammalian glycosylases, suggested that additional glycosylases repair active genomic sequences...
- Mitochondrial DNA repair agents for acute lung injuryMark N Gillespie; Fiscal Year: 2012..Indeed, genetic modulation of the first and rate-limiting step in mtDNA repair - mediated by Ogg1, a DNA glycosylase excises oxidatively damaged bases - coordinately regulates ROS-induced mtDNA damage and cell ..
- David W Kamp; Fiscal Year: 2016..molecule, Noxa, as well as a novel mechanism by which mitochondrial human 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase 1 (mt-hOgg1) prevents oxidant-induced intrinsic AEC apoptosis by preserving mitochondrial aconitase...
- David W Kamp; Fiscal Year: 2016..implicate an important role for a novel mechanism by which mitochondrial human 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase 1 (mt-hOgg1) prevents oxidant-induced intrinsic AEC apoptosis by preserving mitochondrial aconitase (Aco2)...
- DNA Repair Deficiency Associated with Obesity and the Metabolic SyndromeR Stephen Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, two knockout mouse models (neil1 and ogg1) have been created in which the initiation of base excision repair of oxidatively-damaged DNA is defective, and in ..
- DNA Damage and Repair in Parkinsons DiseaseLaurie H Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2011..Expression of "GO" enzymes (OGG1, MUTY, and MTH1), proteins involved in the repair of oxidative DNA damage, were also found to be increased in the ..
- Age of Onset and Huntingtons DiseaseCYNTHIA THERESE MCMURRAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Loss of a single base excision repair enzyme, 8-oxo-guanine glycosylase (OGG1), in hHD/OGG1(-/-) mice stops age-dependent expansion of CAG triplet repeats that is observed in mhtt mice...
- Seongmin Lee; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our preliminary study showed that human 8-oxoguanine glycosylase hOGG1 efficiently cleaves haloG from DNA, suggesting hOGG1 as a repair enzyme for haloG...
- John A D'Orazio; Fiscal Year: 2016..by complementary measures of oxidative load (DCF-mediated fluorescence flow cytometry, Southwestern blotting, hOGG1-adapted Comet assay, TBARS assay, and direct quantification of oxidative DNA adducts by GC/MS)...
- DNA damage-induced regulation of base excision repair by dynamic localizationNICHOLAS CHRISTOPHER BAUER; Fiscal Year: 2013..the generality of dynamic compartmentalization by examining the localization of GFP-tagged BER proteins (Ung1, Ogg1, Apn1) in response to preferential genotoxic stress to nuclei or mitochondria...
- Prevention of Genetic Instability by Pomegranate in Ogg1/Myh Deficient MiceRamune Reliene; Fiscal Year: 2009..For example, alterations in OGG1 and MYH genes are associated with elevated risk of colorectal, lung, kidney and bladder cancer...
- DNA Damage and Neurodegeneration in the Aging BrainBruce A Yankner; Fiscal Year: 2010..complex that contains the longevity gene Sirtl, the transcriptional co-repressor NCOR1, and the DNA repair enzyme hOGG1. Our preliminary studies also raise the possibility that age-related ...
- HUMAN DNA REPAIR ENZYMES FOR REDOX AND ALKYLATION DAMAGEBRUCE F DEMPLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Determine the contribution of DNA glycosylases (in particular UNG2, OGG1, AAG/MPG, and NTH1) and of oxidative damage as sources of the lethal lesions that accumulate in Ape1-deficient ..
- Sarah Delaney; Fiscal Year: 2014..Furthermore, the DNA repair enzyme OGG1, which is known to remove 8-oxoG from DNA duplexes, has also been linked to dynamic mutations...
- Oxidative DNA Damage, DNA Repair and Oral CancerChun Yang Fan; Fiscal Year: 2006..for the repair of this specific DNA lesion was recently cloned and named human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase (hOGG1)...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Chronic Liver DiseasesManal Hassan; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., hOGG1 and XRCC1) between group 1 and group. 2)...
- PREQUEL Study In PRE-manifest HD of CoQ10/UbiquinonE Leading to Preventive TrialsChristopher A Ross; Fiscal Year: 2010..the relationships between serum levels of CoQ, biomarkers of oxidative stress, biomarkers of DNA repair mechanisms (OGG1) and dosage levels of CoQ...
- Raquel R Bartz; Fiscal Year: 2014..The PI will investigate the role of the mitochondrial DNA repair (mDNA) enzyme, OGG1 and nuclear coactivators, PGC-11 and its family members, in mtDNA maintenance and biogenesis in a murine ..
- Leona D Samson; Fiscal Year: 2014..response by examining mice deficient in one (or more) of numerous DNA repair proteins (Aag, Abh2, Abh3, Myh, Ogg1, and Mbd4)...
- DNA REPAIR OF MULTIPLY DAMAGED SITES IN CELLSLynn Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..MDSs that simulate ionizing radiation damage to assess the ability of the bacterial AP endonucleases, Fpg and Ogg1/Neil1 to convert MDSs to DSBs. MDSs will be examined that contain 2 or 3 lesions...
- Oxidative damage to DNA: implications for neurodegeneration in agingFernando Cardozo-Pelaez; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have used a mice model that is deficient or null for the expression of the enzyme 8-hydroxyglycosylase, Ogg1, required for the repair of oxo8dG...
- Prolonged Diabetic Damage to Cardiac MitochondriaPaul N Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..background mitochondrial DNA will be protected by cardiac overexpression of MnSOD and mitochondrial targeted OGG1. We will also determine whether both DNA damage and diabetic cardiomyopathy are exacerbated by crossing existing ..
- Oxidative Stress, Antioxidants and Racial Disparities in Prostate CancerCathryn H Bock; Fiscal Year: 2011..Tag SNPs in three genes in the oxidative stress pathway, SOD2, OGG1, and GPX1 will then be identified...
- Mark N Gillespie; Fiscal Year: 2016..Accordingly, Specific Aim 2 will use wild type and mutant Ogg1 proteins differing in their capacities to repair - but not to bind - mtDNA to determine whether repair of RS-..
- Oxidative Stress, DNA Repair & Colorectal Adenoma RiskMichael Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also evaluate the SNPs of the main genes involved in DNA base excision repair including OGG1, APE1, XRCC1, ERCC5 and several others...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Smoking & Breast CancerKATHLEEN CONWAY DORSEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..whether common germline variants of the GST and NAT metabolizing enzymes, or of DNA repair enzymes (XRCC1, APE, HOGG1, XPA, XPD, XPF, and others), modify the prevalence of LOH or p53 mutations associated with smoking...
- Base excision repair in zebrafish developmentPHYLLIS STRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pathway entry is via a glycosylase, e.g., OGG1 or UDG, that recognizes the damage, e.g., 8-oxoG or the presence of uracil...
- Oxidative DNA Damage and the Analysis of 8-Oxyog RepairWALTER DEUTSCH; Fiscal Year: 2009..In many instances N-glycosylases possess an intrinsic AP lyase activity that subsequently cleaves the abasic site, which in turn may be subject to delta-elimination depending ..
- Epidemiology of protein glutathiolationJoshua Muscat; Fiscal Year: 2009..Measure the effects of alcohol consumption, diet, MnSOD and HOGG1 genetic polymorphisms on blood GSSP levels. 2...
- Prostate Microenvironmental & Prostate Cancer ProgressionJune Chan; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. MnSOD, GPX1, GSTM1, GSTT1, XRCC1, OGG1) are associated with: (Aim 1) prostate cancer clinical phenotype: (Aim 2) prostate tumor genomic instability: and (..
- Role of E2F1 in eugenol-mediated antiproliferative activity in melanoma cellsRita Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2009..As an immediate response E2F1 transactivates ogg1 to repair DNA base damage caused by eugenol...
- DNA Repair Biomarkers for Cancer Risk Assessment and Ea*Zvi Livneh; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using that assay evidence was obtained to indicate that reduced OGG1 DNA repair activity is a risk factor in lung cancer...
- CELL BIOLOGY OF OXIDATIVE DNA DAMAGE AND REPAIRMiguel Berrios; Fiscal Year: 2004..Similarly, there is little information regarding the intranuclear distribution of ogg1 and its molecular relationships with chromatin and structural components of the nucleus...
- Gene Regulation and DNA Damage in the Aging BrainBruce Yankner; Fiscal Year: 2009..co-repressor NCOR1, the human ortholog of the yeast longevity gene SIR2 (Sirt1), and the DNA repair enzyme hOGG1. Moreover, centenarian cases of extreme longevity show increased expression of DNA repair and anti-apoptotic genes ..
- MOUSE MODEL FOR OXIDATIVE DNA DAMAGE REPAIRJeffrey Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..The OGG1 gene encodes a protein with a function similar to the bacterial MutM protein...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Colorectal AdenomasRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specifically, we propose to study MTHFR, MTRR, ADH3, which may affect folate metabolism, and XRCC1, XRCC3, OGG1, and MGMT, which may be involved in DNA repair of damage associated with folate metabolism...
- Repair & Prevention of DNA Damage & Breast Cancer RiskRoy Shore; Fiscal Year: 2005..nucleotide-excision repair pathway (XPC, XPD, XPF, XPG) or base-excision repair pathway (XRCC1, APE1, LIG3, POLD1, hOGG1) will be studied in relation to breast cancer risk...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Pancreatic CancerDonghui Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such information will be valuable for the primary prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- Repair of oxidative damage in mammalian genomesTapas K Hazra; Fiscal Year: 2010..NEIL2 carries out a beta-delta-reaction like E. coli MutM/Nei, generating a 3'-P which is removed by polynucleotide kinase (PNK), but not by AP-endonuclease...
- Aging of the Nigrostriatal System: Role of DNA RepairFernando Cardozo Pelaez; Fiscal Year: 2004..Wild type and knockout mice will be challenged with the neurotoxin MPTP in order to detect changes in the dopaminergic neurons susceptibility as a consequence of aging and lack of DNA repair ..
- OXIDATIVE DNA DAMAGE AND REPAIR IN CNS CELLSMark Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim 1: Functional and biochemical characterization of the repair enzymes Ogg1, NTH, MTH, and MYH in the neuroblastoma cell lines SHSY5Y and Neuro-2A and in primary cultures of hippocampal ..
- Elucidation of epoxide hydrolase polymorphismsJong Park; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF RISK FACTORS FOR WILMS TUMORAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will provide important new advances in our understanding of Wilms tumor given the study size, quality of exposure assessment, and incorporation of clinical and biological markers of etiologic heterogeneity. ..
- Imbalancing DNA BER to enhance Ovarian Tumor SensitivityMark Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSFORMING GROWTH FACTOR BETA IN OXIDANT LUNG INJURYMICHAEL O REILLY; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies are significant because understanding how ROS injure and kill pulmonary epithelial cells is critically important for improving clinical therapies that rely on supplemental oxygen. ..
- CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC STUDIES OF EUKARYOTIC POLY(A)POLYMERASESYLVIE DOUBLIE; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that these results will not only provide a sound structural basis for understanding the mechanism of polyadenylation at the molecular level but will also shed light on the mechanisms of processivity and repression. ..
- Gene Environment Interaction in Head and Neck CancerAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study should contribute knowledge on gene-environment interactions for cancer of the head and neck, but also for other tobacco- and alcohol-related cancers and possibly cancers of unknown etiology. ..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES OF DNA MISMATCH REPAIRA Lien Lu Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Particularly, alterations in protein-protein interactions under oxidative stress will be investigated. These studies should advance our understanding of the role of DNA repair in genome stability and tumor susceptibility. ..
- Mechanisms of Motor Neuron DeathLee Martin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Epigenetic Markers for Lung Cancer DetectionJong Park; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed study will generate data that will be the groundwork for larger studies to validate the use of the identified methylation sites to develop markers for early lung cancer diagnosis. ..
- Protein alterations in skeletal muscle cells with improved mtDNA repairLyudmila I Rachek; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, we have reported that targeting the DNA repair protein hOGG1 in mitochondria augments mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) repair and enhances cellular survival following oxidative ..
- Therapeutic/Mechanistic Role of Ape1 in Germ Cell TumorsMark Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2007..If any mutants are shown to sensitize the GCT cell lines to chemo-/IR agents, as expected, this will set the stage for future gene therapy approaches to sensitize GCT's to therapy. ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF MALIGNANT GLIOMASDemetrius Kokkinakis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Genetic differences between tumor cells and those capable of infiltrating the normal parenchyma will also be identified and compared to those of initiated multipotent progenitor cells in order to understand their lineage. ..
- Repair of Oxidatively Damaged GuaninesA Lien Lu Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..this context, the 9-1-1 proteins interact with and increase the activity of hMYH glycosylase, hNEIL1 glycosylase, hOGG1 glycosylase, and hMSH2/hMSH6 mismatch recognition complex...
- MECHANISMS OF NEURONAL APOPTOSIS IN VIVOLee Martin; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work can define a new mitochondrial mechanism for target deprivation-induced neurodegeneration and can improve the understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms of neuronal apoptosis in vivo ..
- Quality of Life of Testicular Cancer SurvivorsYawei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The increasing incidence of TC in young men, and the high survival rate, makes understanding the morbidity associated with TC survival a public health priority. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..