Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NUP43
Description: nucleoporin 43
Alias: bA350J20.1, p42, nucleoporin Nup43, nucleoporin 43kDa, nup107-160 subcomplex subunit Nup43
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- Adherence regulates macrophage signal transduction and primes tumor necrosis factor productionG J Bauer
Department of Surgery, University of Washington Medical School, Seattle, USA
Shock 14:435-40. 2000..activation of MAPK was assessed by western analysis using a dual phosphospecific antibody against p38MAPK, p42,44ERK, and p54SAPK. LPS is known to induce activation of NF-kappaB and AP-1...
- Atypical protein kinase C-zeta stimulates thyrotropin-independent proliferation in rat thyroid cellsN Fernandez
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6160, USA
Endocrinology 141:146-52. 2000..Cells overexpressing PKCzeta show higher levels of phosphorylated p42/p44 MAPK compared with vector-transfected cells...
- Rapid mitogen-activated protein kinase by basic fibroblast growth factor in rat intestine after ischemia/reperfusion injuryXiao bing Fu
Wound Healing and Cell Biology Laboratory, 304 Hospital, Burns Institute, Trauma Center of Postgraduate Medical College, 51 Fu Cheng Road, Beijing 100037, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1312-7. 2003....
- Gene transcription profile of the detached retina (An AOS Thesis)David N Zacks
Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 107:343-82. 2009..We also define the early activation of kinases that might be responsible for the detachment-induced changes in gene transcription...
- Comitogenic effect of catecholamines on rat cardiac fibroblasts in cultureM Leicht
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 27, D 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 48:274-84. 2000..We studied the ability of norepinephrine and of other catecholamines to affect the proliferation of cardiac fibroblasts isolated from adult rat hearts. Furthermore, we investigated the possible adrenergic receptor involved in this process...
- Aqueous humor outflow effects of 2-arachidonylglycerolYa Fatou Njie
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Exp Eye Res 87:106-14. 2008..2-AG induced activation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase was determined by Western blot analysis using an anti-phospho p42/44 MAP ..
- Role of arrestins in endocytosis and signaling of alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtypesJ L DeGraff
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11253-9. 1999..in the trafficking of human alpha2-adrenergic receptors (alpha2-ARs) and the effect of receptor trafficking on p42/p44 MAP kinase activation...
- Participation of a stress-activated protein kinase cascade in the activation of tyrosine hydroxylase in chromaffin cellsG Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 247:1180-9. 1997..Stimulation of bovine adrenal chromaffin cells with acetylcholine activated SAPK2 and MAPKAP-K2, as well as p42/p44 MAP kinases and their downstream target MAPKAP-K1...
- 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) and 24R,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) modulate growth plate chondrocyte physiology via protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinaseZ Schwartz
Department of Orthopedics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229, USA
Endocrinology 143:2775-86. 2002..In both cells the effect was due to ERK1/2 activation (p42 > p44 in GC; p42 = p44 in RC). MAPK activation was dependent on PKC, but not protein kinase A...
- A role for the MEK-MAPK pathway in okadaic acid-induced meiotic resumption of incompetent growing mouse oocytesC de Vantéry Arrighi
Clinique de Stérilité et d Endocrinologie Gynécologique, Département de gynécologie et obstétrique, Maternité, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 1211 Geneve 14, Switzerland
Biol Reprod 63:658-65. 2000..maturation promoting factor (MPF; [p34(cdc2)/cyclin B kinase]) and mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases (p42(MAPK) and p44(MAPK)), are implicated in meiotic competence acquisition...
- Expression of annexin-1 in equine leucocytes and the effects of the N-terminal annexin-1 peptide, Ac2-26, on equine neutrophil superoxide productionKirstie J Pickles
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Campus, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 135:226-33. 2010..Annexin-1 expression in equine neutrophils and mononuclear cells and the ability of Ac2-26 to activate neutrophil p42/44 MAPK were determined by immunoblotting...
- Nitric oxide modulates stretch activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in mesangial cellsA J Ingram
Department of Medicine, McMaster University Hamilton, and University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Kidney Int 58:1067-77. 2000..We have shown activation of Jun N-terminal kinase/stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK) and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in stretched MCs and have also demonstrated that L-arginine decreases ..
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 binds to small heparin-derived oligosaccharides and stimulates a sustained phosphorylation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase and proliferation of rat mammary fibroblastsMaryse Delehedde
School of Biological Sciences, Life Science Building, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZB, U K
Biochem J 366:235-44. 2002..of disaccharides did not stimulate DNA synthesis and it only elicited an early transient dual phosphorylation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)...
- Reduction of experimental diabetic vascular leakage by delivery of angiostatin with a recombinant adeno-associated virus vectorMong Ping Shyong
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei and Su Ao Veterans Hospital, I Lan, Taiwan
Mol Vis 13:133-41. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vector expressing mouse angiostatin (Kringle domains 1 to 4) in reducing retinal vascular leakage in an experimental diabetic rat model...
- Effect of protein kinase C and Ca(2+) on p42/p44 MAPK, Pyk2, and Src activation in rat conjunctival goblet cellsRobin R Hodges
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 85:836-44. 2007..Transactivation of the EGF receptor activates a kinase cascade culminating in the activation of p42/p44 MAPK (MAPK) and ultimately that leads to secretion of high molecular weight glycocongujates (HMWGC), including ..
- Bradykinin and high glucose promote renal tubular inflammationSydney C W Tang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:698-710. 2010..The role of the kallikrein-kinin system in diabetic nephropathy remains controversial...
- Modulations of signal transduction pathways during sepsis and the effects of insulin and mifepristoneSubir R Maitra
Department of Emergency Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital, NY 11794, USA
Acad Emerg Med 10:1-8. 2003..states and the inferred activation of specific members of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways (p42/44, p38, and SAPK/JNK) were quantitated in the livers of rats by Western blot analysis during the progression of ..
- p38 and JNK have distinct regulatory functions on the development of apoptosis during simulated ischaemia and reperfusion in neonatal cardiomyocytesA M Engelbrecht
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Republic of South Africa
Basic Res Cardiol 99:338-50. 2004..strong, biphasic activation of p38 concomitant with a weak and transient activation of the two ERK isoenzymes, p42/p44-MAPK...
- Dual regulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced CCL2/monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells by nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1: modulation by type III phosphodiesterase inhibitionYung Ming Chen
Department of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7, Chung Shan South Rd, Taipei, 10016, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 309:978-86. 2004..PD98059), 1,4-diamino-2,3-dicyano-1,4-bis(2-aminophenylthio) butadiene (U0126) [both inhibitors of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) kinase], and anthra[1hyphen]9-cd]pyrazol-6(2H)-one (SP600125) [an ..
- Hypothetical mechanism of sodium pump regulation by estradiol under primary hypertensionEmina Sudar
Laboratory for Molecular Genetics and Radiobiology, Institute Vinca, P O Box 522, 11001 Belgrade, Serbia
J Theor Biol 251:584-92. 2008..involve the activation of multiple signaling cascades, including phosphatydil inositol-3 kinase (PI3K) and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p42/44(MAPK))...
- CB2 cannabinoid receptors in trabecular meshwork cells mediate JWH015-induced enhancement of aqueous humor outflow facilityLichun Zhong
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:1988-92. 2005....
- Role of caveolin-1 in p42/p44 MAP kinase activation and proliferation of human airway smooth muscleReinoud Gosens
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L523-34. 2006..Therefore, we investigated their role in p42/p44 MAPK signaling and proliferation using human ASM cell lines...
- Cell cycle related signaling in Neuro2a cells proceeds via the receptor for advanced glycation end productsA Schmidt
Department of Neuroanatomy, Paul Flechsig Institute of Brain Research, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Neural Transm 114:1413-24. 2007..S100B and AGEs may interact with the multiligand receptor for AGEs (RAGE) and trigger for the activation of the p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p42/44 MAPK), whether they also count for cell cycle related signaling in ..
- Transient protective effect of caspase inhibitors in RCS ratO Perche
Univ Clermont 1, UFR Pharmacie, Laboratoire de Biophysique Sensorielle, EA 2667, Clermont Ferrand, France
Exp Eye Res 86:519-27. 2008..Retinal status was evaluated at P35 and P42 by electroretinography, morphometry and apoptotic nuclei detection...
- Dihydropyridine and beta adrenergic receptor binding in dogs with tachycardia-induced atrial fibrillationR Gaspo
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
Cardiovasc Res 42:434-42. 1999..The present study was designed to determine whether atrial tachycardia alters biochemical indices of the number of L-type Ca2+ channels and/or of the number and binding affinity of beta-adrenergic receptors...
- Human T- and B-cell responses to Schistosoma mansoni recombinant glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase correlate with resistance to reinfection with S. mansoni or Schistosoma haematobium after chemotherapyR El Ridi
Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Infect Immun 69:237-44. 2001Recently we reported that human T- and B-cell recognition of a 42-kDa protein (p42) in soluble extracts of adult Schistosoma mansoni worms correlates with resistance to reinfection with S. mansoni or S. haematobium...
- Genetic deletion of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta abrogates activation of IkappaBalpha kinase, JNK, Akt, and p44/p42 MAPK but potentiates apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factorYasunari Takada
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Bioimmunotherapy, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:39541-54. 2004..Deletion of GSK-3beta also abolished TNF-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase and p44/p42 mitogen-activated kinase activation...
- Ligand-independent activation of steroid receptorsA P F Flint
School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, UK
Domest Anim Endocrinol 23:13-24. 2002..added at various times following transfection, and MAP kinase phosphorylation was monitored by western blotting of p42 and p44...
- Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase by oxidized low-density lipoprotein in canine cultured vascular smooth muscle cellsC M Yang
Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Taiwan
Cell Signal 12:205-14. 2000..associated with a specific pattern of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by [3H]thymidine incorporation and p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation in canine cultured VSMCs...
- Inhibition of IL-8-mediated MAPK activation in human neutrophils by beta1 integrin ligandsDemetra Xythalis
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Inflammation 26:83-8. 2002..leads to the activation of heterotrimeric G proteins that initiate multiple signaling cascades, including p38 and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways...
- Ontogeny of acute tolerance to ethanol-induced social inhibition in Sprague-Dawley ratsElena I Varlinskaya
Center for Developmental Psychobiology, Department of Psychology, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY 13902, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:1833-44. 2006..The present study explored ontogenetic development of acute tolerance within 30 minutes after administration of a relatively low ethanol dose, using ethanol-induced social impairment as the target response measure...
- A biotin-coupled bifunctional enzyme exhibiting both glutamine synthetase activity and glutamate decarboxylase activityKhomkrit Arunchaipong
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Curr Eye Res 34:809-18. 2009To purify and study native form and enzymatic activity of the 42 kDa biotin-coupled protein (p42), which is related to glutamate action in chick retina.
- Confluence of vascular endothelial cells induces cell cycle exit by inhibiting p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase activityF Vinals
Centre de Biochimie CNRS UMR 6543, Universite de Nice, 06108 Nice, France
Mol Cell Biol 19:2763-72. 1999..In this work, we have studied the effect of cellular contact on the activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by growth factors in mouse vascular endothelial cells...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of homologous protein kinases during oocyte maturation and mitogenic activation of fibroblastsJ Posada
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Mol Cell Biol 11:2517-28. 1991..Two tyrosine-phosphorylated 42-kDa proteins (p42) were detected with this antiserum in Xenopus eggs...
- Prolonged activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway promotes DNA synthesis in primary hepatocytes from p21Cip-1/WAF1-null mice, but not in hepatocytes from p16INK4a-null miceK L Auer
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Biochem J 336:551-60. 1998In primary rat hepatocytes, prolonged activation of the p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway is associated with a decrease in DNA synthesis and increased expression of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor (CKI) ..
- D-glucose stimulation of L-arginine transport and nitric oxide synthesis results from activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases p42/44 and Smad2 requiring functional type II TGF-beta receptors in human umbilical vein endotheliumRodrigo Vásquez
Cellular and Molecular Physiology Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical Research Centre, School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 212:626-32. 2007..via TGF-beta receptors I (TbetaRI) and TbetaRII, activates Smad2 and mitogen-activated protein kinases p44 and p42 (p42/44(mapk))...
- Identification, purification, and characterization of a PA700-dependent activator of the proteasomeG N DeMartino
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Biol Chem 271:3112-8. 1996..and is composed of three electrophoretically distinct subunits with Mr values of 50,000, 42,000, and 27,000 (p50, p42, and p27, respectively)...
- The growth-promoting effect of low-density lipoprotein may Be mediated by a pertussis toxin-sensitive mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayA Sachinidis
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 52:389-97. 1997..PTX)-sensitive stimulation of the 44-kDa mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase (p44(mapk)) and 42-kDa MAP kinase (p42(mapk)) isoforms as well as in a PTX-sensitive increase in intracellular free Ca2+ concentration ([Ca2+]i)...
- Cloning and characterization of the p42 subunit of mammalian translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3): demonstration that eIF3 interacts with eIF5 in mammalian cellsA Bandyopadhyay
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Jack and Pearl Resnick Campus, Bronx, New York, NY 10461, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 27:1331-7. 1999..cDNAs encoding all the subunits of mammalian eIF3 except the p42 subunit have been cloned in several laboratories...
- Protein kinase C zeta plays a central role in activation of the p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase by endotoxin in alveolar macrophagesM M Monick
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
J Immunol 165:4632-9. 2000..respond to endotoxin (LPS) by activation of a number of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways, including the p42/44 (extracellular signal-related kinase (ERK)) kinase pathway...
- Oligomerization controls in tissue-specific manner ligand binding of native, affinity-purified p42(IP4)/centaurin alpha1 and cytohesins-proteins with high affinity for the messengers D-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate/phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosRolf Stricker
Institut fur Neurobiochemie, Medizinische Fakultät der Otto von Guericke Universität Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1651:102-15. 2003..for the second messengers Ins(1,3,4,5)P(4) and PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3) are already known, such as the brain-specific p42(IP4), which we have previously cloned from different species, and cytohesins...
- Inhibitory effect of antisense oligodeoxynucleotide to p44/p42 MAPK on angiotensin II-induced hypertrophic response in cultured neonatal rat cardiac myocyteShi Qin Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:41-6. 2004..To explore the inhibitory effect of antisense oligonucleotide (ODN) to mitogen activated protein kinase(MAPK) on cardiomyocyte hypertrophy induced by angiotensin II (Ang II)...
- Chlamydophila pneumoniae induces p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in human fibroblasts through Toll-like receptor 4Iana H Haralambieva
Department of Microbiology, Medical University, Zdrave 2 str, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria
J Med Microbiol 53:1187-93. 2004..C. pneumoniae elementary bodies were demonstrated to up-regulate the phosphorylation of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in human fibroblasts...
- Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans lipopolysaccharide stimulates the phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases through CD14 and TLR-4 receptor activation in human gingival fibroblastsGloria Gutiérrez-Venegas
Laboratorio de Bioquímica División de Estudios de Posgrado Facultad de Odontología Universidad, Nacional Autónoma de México México, D F 04510
Life Sci 78:2577-83. 2006..the tyrosine kinase inhibitors, herbimycin A and genistein inhibited the LPS-stimulated phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases in a dose dependent manner...
- Lipoxin A4 inhibits connective tissue growth factor-induced production of chemokines in rat mesangial cellsS H Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Central Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Kidney Int 69:248-56. 2006..enhanced the mRNA expression and protein release of fractalkine, MCP-1, and RANTES, the expression of phospho (P)-p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), P-phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-K), P-Akt, and activity of nuclear ..
- Interleukin-1beta induces MMP-9 expression via p42/p44 MAPK, p38 MAPK, JNK, and nuclear factor-kappaB signaling pathways in human tracheal smooth muscle cellsKao Chih Liang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 211:759-70. 2007..Here, we investigated the roles of p42/p44 MAPK, p38 MAPK, JNK, and NF-kappaB pathways for IL-1beta-induced MMP-9 production in HTSMCs...
- Histochemical evidence for wide expression of the metalloendopeptidase nardilysin in human brain neuronsH G Bernstein
Department of Psychiatry, Medical Faculty of University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroscience 146:1513-23. 2007..Previously, we have detected that nardilysin interacts with brain-specific proteins, i.e. p42(IP4)/centaurin-alpha1 [Stricker R, Chow KM, Walther D, Hanck T, Hersh LB, Reiser G (2006) Interaction of the brain ..
- Assignment of the beta-subunit of wheat eIF2 by protein and DNA sequence analysis and immunoanalysisA M Metz
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Austin, 78712, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 342:187-9. 1997..The estimated molecular weights for the wheat subunits are 38,000 (p38), 42,000 (p42), and 50,000 (p50)...
- Liganded androgen receptor interaction with beta-catenin: nuclear co-localization and modulation of transcriptional activity in neuronal cellsJohn E Pawlowski
Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
J Biol Chem 277:20702-10. 2002..Nuclear co-localization was independent of the glycogen synthase kinase-3beta, p42/44 ERK mitogen-activated protein kinase, and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathways because inhibitors of these ..
- Tubedown-1 in remodeling of the developing vitreal vasculature in vivo and regulation of capillary outgrowth in vitroH Paradis
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s NF, A1B 3V6, Canada
Dev Biol 249:140-55. 2002..in TGF-beta2(-/-) eyes express proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) and exhibit increased levels of active (P42/44)mitogen-activated protein kinase (phospho-(P42/44)MAPK), characteristics consistent with proliferative ..
- Substance P induces TNF-alpha and IL-6 production through NF kappa B in peritoneal mast cellsAntonina Azzolina
Istituto di Biomedicina e Immunologia Molecolare Alberto Monroy C N R, Via Ugo La Malfa 153, 90146 Palermo, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1643:75-83. 2003..We have demonstrated that SP induces production of interleukin-6 (IL-6) in rPMC through the PI-3K, p42/44 and p38 MAP kinase pathways...
- Proteasome mediates dopaminergic neuronal degeneration, and its inhibition causes alpha-synuclein inclusionsHideyuki Sawada
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyoku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:10710-9. 2004..reversed the MAPK dephosphorylation and blocked caspase-3 activation; the neuroprotection was blocked by a p42 and p44 MAPK kinase inhibitor...
- Genetic ablation of caveolin-1 in mammary epithelial cells increases milk production and hyper-activates STAT5a signalingFederica Sotgia
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 5:292-7. 2006..mouse mammary gland, Cav-1 levels were shown to be downregulated during late pregnancy and lactation, via a Ras-p42/44-MAPK- dependent mechanism...
- Lactoferrin potently inhibits osteoblast apoptosis, via an LRP1-independent pathwayAndrew Grey
Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Mol Cell Endocrinol 251:96-102. 2006..Lactoferrin activates p42/44 MAPK signaling, but inhibiting this process does not abrogate its pro-survival actions...
- Effect of lipid rafts on Cb2 receptor signaling and 2-arachidonoyl-glycerol metabolism in human immune cellsMonica Bari
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 177:4971-80. 2006..AEA) to type-1 cannabinoid receptors (CB1R), followed by CB1R-dependent signaling via adenylate cyclase and p42/p44 MAPK activity...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 (MKP-1) preferentially dephosphorylates p42/44MAPK but not p38MAPK in rat pinealocytesDonald M Price
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Neurochem 101:1685-93. 2007..Moreover, both treatments also resulted in a prolonged activation of p42/44MAPK and an increase in AA-NAT induction by NE...
- NMDA di-heteromeric receptor populations and associated proteins in rat hippocampusRana A Al-Hallaq
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 27:8334-43. 2007..di-heteromeric NR1/NR2A and NR1/NR2B receptor populations were isolated from postnatal day 7 (P7) hippocampus and P42 and 6-month-old CA1/CA2...
- MFTZ-1 reduces constitutive and inducible HIF-1α accumulation and VEGF secretion independent of its topoisomerase II inhibitionMei Dai
Division of Anti tumor Pharmacology, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
J Cell Mol Med 14:2281-91. 2010..apparently inhibited constitutive and inducible activation of both phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K)-Akt and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways...
- [Experimental study on simvastatin in prevention and treatment of aseptic loosening of prosthesis]Zhen Wang
Graduate School of Ningxia Medical University, Yinchuan Ningxia 750004, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:544-7. 2010To evaluate the mechanisms of p42/p44 kinase phosphorylation in cell models and to investigate the effect of simvastatin on the prevention and treatment of aseptic loosening of prosthesis by observing the influence of simvastatin on the ..
- Striated muscle angio-adaptation requires changes in Vasohibin-1 expression patternMarina Kishlyansky
York University, Faculty of Health, Muscle Health Research Center, Toronto, ON, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 399:359-64. 2010..Here, we analyzed how the expression of the two active anti-angiogenic VASH-1 isoforms p36 and p42 was altered during physiological and pathological muscle angio-adaptation...
- p38 and p42/44 MAPKs differentially regulate progesterone receptor A and B isoform stabilizationJunaid A Khan
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 693, Universite Paris Sud, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Mol Endocrinol 25:1710-24. 2011..b>p42/44 MAPK activity inhibited proteasome-mediated degradation of RU486-bound PRB but not PRA in both cell lines...
- Angiotensin II activates NF-κB through AT1A receptor recruitment of β-arrestin in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cellsThomas A Morinelli
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 304:C1176-86. 2013..COX-2 protein expression, β-arrestin recruitment, and AT1AR internalization without inhibiting ANG II-induced p42/44 ERK activation...
- Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol disrupts hippocampal neuroplasticity and neurogenesis in trained, but not untrained adolescent Sprague-Dawley ratsRyan W J Steel
School of Biological Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
Brain Res 1548:12-9. 2014..Both untrained and trained (15 days of training) adolescent (P28-P42) Sprague-Dawley rats were treated daily with THC (6 mg/kg i.p...
- Recombinant antineuraminidase single chain antibody: expression, characterization, and crystallization in complex with antigenR L Malby
Biomolecular Research Institute, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Proteins 16:57-63. 1993..The complex between NA and the scFv has been crystallized by the vapor diffusion method. The crystals are tetragonal, space group P42(1)2, with unit cell dimensions a = b = 141 A, c = 218 A.
- Oncogenic raf-1 induces the expression of non-histone chromosomal architectural protein HMGI-C via a p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathway in salivary epithelial cellsD Li
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Biol Chem 272:25062-70. 1997..Altogether, these findings support the notion that the Raf/MEK/ERK signaling module, at least in part, regulates transcriptional activation of the chromosomal architectural protein HMGI-C...
- Blockade of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway inhibits inducible nitric-oxide synthase expression in mouse astrocytesJ da Silva
Department of Central Nervous System Diseases, PRPN, F Hoffmann La Roche, Ltd, 4070 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 272:28373-80. 1997..TNF-alpha and IL-1alpha activated all p42/44(MAPK), p38(MAPK), and p54(JNK) pathways as determined by immunoprecipitation kinase assays using specific ..
- Ethanolamine, but not phosphoethanolamine, potentiates the effects of insulin, phosphocholine, and ATP on DNA synthesis in NIH 3T3 cells--role of mitogen-activated protein-kinase-dependent and protein-kinase-independent mechanismsZ Kiss
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin 55912, USA
Eur J Biochem 250:395-402. 1997..control and Etn kinase overexpressor cells; they were associated with stimulation and inhibition, respectively, of p42 MAP kinase activity...
- Effects of age on the posttranscriptional regulation of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha and CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta isoform synthesis in control and LPS-treated liversC C Hsieh
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77551, USA
Mol Biol Cell 9:1479-94. 1998..5 kDa. The DNA-binding activities and pool levels of p42(C/EBPalpha) and p30(C/EBPalpha) in control nuclear extracts decrease significantly whereas the binding activity and ..
- Transforming growth factor-beta1-induced activation of the Raf-MEK-MAPK signaling pathway in rat lung fibroblasts via a PKC-dependent mechanismA Axmann
Medizinische Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Karl Marx Strasse 3, Dresden, 01109, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 249:456-60. 1998..TGF-beta1 rapidly induced the activation of c-Raf-1, MEK-1, and MAPK p42 and p44...
- p42-MAP kinase is activated in EGF-stimulated interphase but not in metaphase-arrested HeLa cellsJ Gomez-Cambronero
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
FEBS Lett 443:126-30. 1999..The biological significance of these results underlies the importance of keeping the cell sheltered from extracellular signals when it undergoes division...
- Protein kinase C mediates basic fibroblast growth factor-induced proliferation through mitogen-activated protein kinase in coronary smooth muscle cellsA Skaletz-Rorowski
Institute for Arteriosclerosis Research, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:1608-14. 1999..cSMC stimulation with bFGF resulted in phosphorylation of p42 MAPK, as well as the phosphorylation and increased expression of c-myc...
- Refinement of the ipsilateral retinocollicular projection is disrupted in double endothelial and neuronal nitric oxide synthase gene knockout miceH H Wu
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy and the Neuroscience Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido Street, New Orleans, LA, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 120:105-11. 2000..in knockout animals at later ages, it was still more extensive than that of normal mice of the same age at P28 and P42. In the adult, the distribution of axons was similar in both normal and double knockout animals...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 stimulation of p42/44MAPK phosphorylation and IkappaB degradation is regulated by heparan sulfate/heparin in rat mammary fibroblastsM Delehedde
School of Biological Sciences, Life Sciences Building, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZB, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:33905-10. 2000..In rat mammary fibroblasts, FGF-2 stimulated DNA synthesis and induced a sustained phosphorylation of p42/44(MAPK) and of its downstream target, p90(RSK)...
- The inhibitory gamma subunit of the type 6 retinal cyclic guanosine monophosphate phosphodiesterase is a novel intermediate regulating p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling in human embryonic kidney 293 cellsK F Wan
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow G4 ONR, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:37802-8. 2001..receptor kinase 2 signaling system to regulate the epidermal growth factor- and thrombin-dependent stimulation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase in human embryonic kidney 293 cells...
- Divergent regulation by p44/p42 MAP kinase and p38 MAP kinase of bone morphogenetic protein-4-stimulated osteocalcin synthesis in osteoblastsOsamu Kozawa
Department of Pharmacology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
J Cell Biochem 84:583-9. 2002..BMP-4 dose-dependently stimulated osteocalcin synthesis. BMP-4 markedly induced the phosphorylation of p44/p42 MAP kinase and p38 MAP kinase, while having little effect on SAPK (stress-activated protein kinase)/JNK (c-Jun N ..
- Rapid nongenomic E2 effects on p42/p44 MAPK, activator protein-1, and cAMP response element binding protein in rat white adipocytesEsther Garcia Dos Santos
Faculté de médecine Paris Ouest, Université René Descartes and Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire, Centre Hospitalier de Poissy, 78303 France
Endocrinology 143:930-40. 2002..1-10 nM) of E2 rapidly activate the p42/p44 MAPK...
- Involvement of 85-kd cytosolic phospholipase A(2) and cyclooxygenase-2 in the proliferation of human cholangiocarcinoma cellsTong Wu
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Presbyterian University Hospital, PA 15213, USA
Hepatology 36:363-73. 2002..The HGF- and IL-6-induced cPLA(2) phosphorylation was blocked by the inhibitors of p38 and p42/44 MAP kinases, protein kinase C, calmodulin kinase, and tyrosine kinase, showing that HGF- and IL-6-induced AA ..
- Evidence for a role of p38 kinase in hypoxia-inducible factor 1-independent induction of vascular endothelial growth factor expression by sodium arseniteMonique C A Duyndam
Department of Medical Oncology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam 1081 HV, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:6885-95. 2003..cells, both effects of sodium arsenite were found to be independent of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and p44/p42 MAPKS but were attenuated by inhibition of p38 MAPK...
- Angiotensin II regulation of the Na+ pump involves the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways in vascular smooth muscle cellsEsma R Isenovic
Department of Cell Biology, State University of New York Health Science Center, Brooklyn, 11201, USA
Endocrinology 145:1151-60. 2004..This regulation was mediated through both phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI3K) and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p42/44(MAPK)) signaling pathways...
- Regulatory role of C5a in LPS-induced IL-6 production by neutrophils during sepsisNiels C Riedemann
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 Catherine Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0602, USA
FASEB J 18:370-2. 2004..the presence of p50) and dependent on phosphorylation of p38-mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) as well as p44/p42 MAPK (ERK1/2) but not on phosphorylation of c-Jun N-terminal kinases (JNK1/2)...
- A role for endothelin-2 and its receptors in breast tumor cell invasionMatthew J Grimshaw
Cancer Research UK Translational Oncology Laboratory, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 64:2461-8. 2004..Chemotaxis involved signaling via both receptors, and a pertussis toxin-sensitive p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-mediated pathway that could be inhibited by MAPK kinase (MEK)1/2 ..
- Moderate increases in intracellular calcium activate neuroprotective signals in hippocampal neuronsP E Bickler
Department of Anesthesia, Sciences 261, University of California at San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0542, USA
Neuroscience 127:673-83. 2004..Increased levels of the anti-apoptotic protein protein kinase B (Akt) and the MAP kinase ERK (p42/44) were present in preconditioned slices after OGD...
- Induction of proteasome expression in skeletal muscle is attenuated by inhibitors of NF-kappaB activationS M Wyke
Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Institute, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Br J Cancer 91:1742-50. 2004..18 microM) attenuated the expression of 20S proteasome alpha-subunits, two subunits of the 19S regulator MSS1 and p42, and the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, E2(14k), as well as the decrease in myosin expression in murine myotubes...
- Syndecan-4 is a signaling molecule for stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/ CXCL12Nathalie Charnaux
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire, Biothérapies Bénéfices et Risques, UPRES 3410 Université Paris XIII, Bobigny, France
FEBS J 272:1937-51. 2005..the cells with heparitinase I and III mixture, we suggest the involvement of syndecan-4 and heparan sulfate in p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase and Jun N-terminal/stress-activated protein kinase activation by action of CXCL12 ..
- Light stimulates MSK1 activation in the suprachiasmatic nucleus via a PACAP-ERK/MAP kinase-dependent mechanismGreg Q Butcher
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Neurosci 25:5305-13. 2005Signaling via the p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway has been shown to be a key intracellular signaling event that couples light to entrainment of the mammalian circadian clock located in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (..
- Cannabinoid receptor signalingA C Howlett
Neuroscience Drug Abuse Research Program, 208 JLC BBRI, North Carolina Central University, 700 George Street, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Handb Exp Pharmacol . 2005..Stimulation of CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors leads to phosphorylation and activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), p38 MAPK and Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) as signaling pathways to ..
- CCK1 and 2 receptors are expressed in immortalized rat brain neuroblasts: intracellular signals after cholecystokinin stimulationSonja Langmesser
Departamento de Fisiologia, Biología Molecular y Genética, Universidad de Extremadura, Caceres, Spain
J Cell Biochem 100:851-64. 2007..pathways, such as tyrosine phosphorylation of adaptor proteins paxillin and p130(Cas), phosphorylation of p44/p42 ERKs as well as PKB (Ser473). Moreover, CCK-8 stimulates the DNA-binding activity of the transcription factor AP-1...
- Substance P enhances soluble ICAM-1 release from adult rat cardiac fibroblasts by a p42/44 MAPK- and PKC-mediated mechanismS Sapna
Division of Cellular and Molecular Cardiology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum 695 011, Kerala, India
Cell Biol Int 31:856-9. 2007..pharmacological inhibitors revealed that the stimulatory effect of substance P on sICAM-1 production is mediated by p42/44 MAPK and protein kinase C...
- Antitumor effects of Isatin on human neuroblastoma cell line (SH-SY5Y) and the related mechanismLin Hou
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College, Qingdao University, Qingdao, Shandong, China
Eur J Pharmacol 589:27-31. 2008..Expressions of Bcl-2, Bax proteins and phosphorylated extracellular signal regulated protein kinases (ERKs, p42/p44) were analyzed via Western blot...
- Induction of apoptosis and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-activated gene 1 in pancreatic cancer cells by a glycyrrhetinic acid derivativeIndira Jutooru
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4466, USA
Mol Carcinog 48:692-702. 2009..of NAG-1 and Egr-1 by CDODA-Me was dependent on activation of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3-K) and/or p42 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways but there were differences between Panc28 and Panc1 cells...
- Biological response of hepatomas to an extract of Fagopyrum esculentum M. (buckwheat) is not mediated by inositols or rutinJulianne M Curran
Department of Human Nutritional Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Agric Food Chem 58:3197-204. 2010..BWC stimulated phosphorylation of p42/44 extracellular-related kinase (p42/44 ERK) and its downstream target, p70(S6K), on Thr(421)...
- Lactoferrin as an effector molecule in the skeletonJillian Cornish
Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Biometals 23:425-30. 2010..Lactoferrin induces activation of p42/44 MAPK signaling as well as PI3-kinase-dependent phosphorylation of Akt in osteoblasts...
- Leukotriene B(4) BLT receptor signaling regulates the level and stability of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) mRNA through restricted activation of Ras/Raf/ERK/p42 AUF1 pathwayBeibei Zhai
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1
J Biol Chem 285:23568-80. 2010..RNAs confirmed that LTB(4) stabilization of COX-2 mRNA was apparently mediated through the RNA-binding protein, p42 AUF1...
- Ceramide induces serotonin release from RBL-2H3 mast cells through calcium mediated activation of phospholipase A2Jung Eun Ji
Department of Environmental and Health Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, Chung Ang University, 221 Huksuk Dong, Dongjak Ku, Seoul 156 756, South Korea
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 94:88-95. 2011..Inhibition of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase partially decreased the AA release, but did not affect degranulation...
- Disruption of the murine protein kinase Cbeta gene promotes gallstone formation and alters biliary lipid and hepatic cholesterol metabolismWei Huang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, The Dorothy M Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 286:22795-805. 2011..fecal bile acid excretion, increased biliary cholesterol saturation and hydrophobicity indices, as well as hepatic p42/44(MAPK) activation, all of which enhance susceptibility to gallstone formation...
- Bradykinin-mediated cell proliferation depends on transactivation of EGF receptor in corneal fibroblastsChing Yi Cheng
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Chung Yuan Christian University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:1367-81. 2012In previous studies, bradykinin (BK) has been shown to induce cell proliferation through BK B2 receptor (B2R) via p42/p44 MAPK in Statens Seruminstitut Rabbit Corneal Cells (SIRCs)...
- Aldosterone-induced osteopontin expression in vascular smooth muscle cells involves MR, ERK, and p38 MAPKGuo Xiang Fu
Department of Gerontology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, No 600, Yi Shan Road, Shanghai, 200233, People s Republic of China
Endocrine 42:676-83. 2012..PD98059, an inhibitor of p42/44 MAPK pathway, and SB203580, an inhibitor of p38 MAPK pathway, suppressed Ald-induced OPN expression and ..
- Ultraviolet A regulates the stemness of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells through downregulation of the HIF-1α via activation of PGE(2)-cAMP signalingJongsung Lee
Department of Dermatological Health Management, Eul Ji University, Seongnam City, 461 713 Gyunggi Do, Republic of Korea
J Cell Biochem 113:3681-91. 2012..and the effects were found to be mediated by reduced production of PGE2 through the inhibition of JNK and p42/44 MAPK...
- Regulation by resveratrol of prostaglandin E2-stimulated osteoprotegerin synthesis in osteoblastsNaohiro Yamamoto
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Int J Mol Med 34:1439-45. 2014..PD98059 [a specific inhibitor of the upstream kinase that activates p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase], SB203580 (a specific inhibitor of p38 MAP kinase) and SP600125 [a specific ..
- The MUC1 oncomucin regulates pancreatic cancer cell biological properties and chemoresistance. Implication of p42-44 MAPK, Akt, Bcl-2 and MMP13 pathwaysSolange Tréhoux
INSERM, UMR837, Jean Pierre Aubert Research Center, Team 5 Mucins, epithelial differentiation and carcinogenesis, rue Polonovski, 59045 Lille Cedex, France Université de Lille 2, 42 rue Paul Duez, 59000 Lille, France Centre Hospitalier Régional et Universitaire de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 456:757-62. 2015..Altogether, we show that MUC1 oncogenic mucin alters proliferation, migration, and invasion properties of pancreatic cancer cells and that these effects are mediated by p42-44 MAPK, Akt, Bcl-2 and MMP13 pathways.
- First-principles investigation of novel polymorphs of Mg2CChangzeng Fan
State Key Laboratory of Metastable Materials Science and Technology, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao 066004, P R China
Phys Chem Chem Phys 17:12970-7. 2015..Except the known cubic phase (Fm3̅m), two novel tetragonal structures (P42/mnm and I41/Amd) and two novel hexagonal structures (P63/mmc and P6̅M2) of Mg2C are found...
- NOVEL KINASE SIGNALING CASCADES IN PANCREATIC ACINIJohn Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..CCK activates three mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascades in rat acini leading to activation of ERKs (p42 and p44 MAPK), Jun Kinase and p38/Reactivating Kinase...
- TNF-alpha Signaling in Silica-Induced Lung FibrosisLuis A Ortiz; Fiscal Year: 2012..We also showed that silica promotes activation of p42 MAPK/ERK and induces phosphorylation of TNFR1, a process that modulates silica-induced cytotoxicity in macrophages...
- Rama K Mallampalli; Fiscal Year: 2016..One effect of TNFa is the activation multiple kinase pathways, including p42/44 MAP kinase. TNFa also activates calpains and the ubiquitin-proteasome system...
- S Jamal Mustafa; Fiscal Year: 2015..A1 AR in CASMC involves activation of PLC-2III->PKC1 ->p42/44 in causing contraction. A2B causes relaxation thorough p-38 MAPK...
- Ligand Directed Functional Selectivity of G-Protein Coupled Receptor SignallingGerry S Oxford; Fiscal Year: 2012..0 channels, CaV2.0 channels, p42/44 MAP kinase (Erk1/2), and 2-arrestin translocation...
- Control of Conjuctival Goblet Cell Mucin ProductionDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2009..and human conjunctival goblet cells will be used to determined if EGF stimulates proliferation by activating 1) p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase, (2) phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, or (3) PKC isoforms, Proliferation will be ..
- Agnes B Kane; Fiscal Year: 2016..well-funded research programs supported by 27 active research grants, 3 training grants, 2 COBRE grants, an NIEHS P42 Superfund Research Grant, a P20 Formative Center Grant, and a pilot project from the National Children's Study...
- Alcohol and Sca-1;Impairment of the granulopoietic precursor cell responseJohn Nicholas Melvan; Fiscal Year: 2013..This process involves key cell signaling pathways that down-regulate STAT3 signaling and enhance p44/p42-cyclin D signaling...
- Joseph H Graziano; Fiscal Year: 2016..is submitted in response to RFA-ES-10-010, entitled "Superfund Hazardous Substance Research and Training Program (P42)...
- Maryann Obiorah; Fiscal Year: 2014..Next, the effects of a single early exposure (P7) on later adult neurogenesis (P21, P42) will be studied...
- Antigenic variation by multiple promoter inversions in Mycoplasma penetransMichael Calcutt; Fiscal Year: 2009..38 of which constitute a large paralogous family (designated mpl) that includes the abundant lipoproteins P35 and P42. Although the precise function of the mpl family is unknown, the individual members are considered to be ..
- MT COBRE: CEHS FACULTY DEVELOPMENT, ADMIN COREAndrij Holian; Fiscal Year: 2011..4) position the Center for training grant and program project grants including a Superfund Basic Research Center (P42)...
- Role of p38 and p42/44 MAPK in Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionJames D West; Fiscal Year: 2011..BMPR2 can signal through several different pathways, including SMAD 1/5/8 and both p38 and p42/44 MAPK...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION BY FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2001..by expression of dominant negative Ras or MAPK ohosphatase -2, yet is unaffected by inhibition of the classic p44/p42 MAPK cacade...
- RAGE and a Novel Tumor AxisAnn Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2005..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppresses activation of members of the kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPKIJNK involved in modulating tumor proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- CYTOSOLIC PHOSPHOLIPASE A2 TRANSFORMED CELLSRaphael Nemenoff; Fiscal Year: 2002..cPLA2 is phosphorylated and activated in vitro by two growth-factor regulated protein kinases: protein kinase C and p42 MAP kinase...
- RAGE and modulation of tumor propertiesEmina Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppressed activation of members of the MAP kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPK/JNK, involved in tumor cell proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- METABOLIC CONTROL OF INSULIN EXOCYTOSISChristopher Rhodes; Fiscal Year: 2005..there are two other PP-2B phosphoprotein substrates on the beta-granule to be identified and characterized (p42 and p36)...
- AIRWAY MYOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND LYSOSOMAL HYDROLASEDUKHEE LEW; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific aims are: 1) To determine the contribution of p42 and p44 mitogen activated protein kinases (p42/44MAPK) and 70-kD ribosomal protein S6 kinase (p70S6k) in mannosyl-..
- SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN PHARMACOLOGICAL PRECONDITIONINGRAKESH KUKREJA; Fiscal Year: 2004..is that pharmacological triggers of PC activate signaling pathway leading to phosphorylation of p38, p44 and p42 MAP kinases and also cause their translocation in the nucleus...
- PX REGION OF HTLV I AND IIWilliam Haseltine; Fiscal Year: 1992..The focus of research over the past two years has been in the p42 transactivator protein encoded by the pX region...
- EARLY S PHASE REPLICATION SITES AS ENVIRONMENTAL TARGETSDavid Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2002..origins (column with higher affinity for ss-DNA, which origins should have), and has mastered a 2D electrophoresis method to detect unusual DNA structures that are formed during DNA replication (conceptually presented in Fig 18, p42).
- Role of PARP-1 in Mediating Inflammatory Gene TranscriptionMITCHELL C JUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..with a sequence-specific transcription factor(s) and increasing its DMA binding activity;(3) investigate whether p42/44MAPK directly or indirectly phosphprylates and induces PARP-1 catalytic activity in response to LPS;(4) determine ..
- Regulation of Cell Signaling and AdhesionJOE RAMOS; Fiscal Year: 2006..I have used an expression-cloning strategy to isolate a protein that blocks ERK/MAPK (p42/p44) signaling, PEA-15. PEA-15 impairs several ERK functions such as activation of transcription...
- Evaluation of Immunogenicity : Malaria Subunit VaccineDavid Clements; Fiscal Year: 2002..adjuvants will be evaluated for the ability to elicit an appropriate immune response when combined with an MSP-1 p42 subunit...
- A P. falciparum MSP1 p42/QS-21 malaria vaccineSandra Chang; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will provide cGMP material and preclinical information for a clinical trial of MSP1.42/QS21 during STTR Phase II. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- Mechanisms of CD40-mediated Expression of MMPs & TIMP-1Peter Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..enhancer A3 promoter activity on the TIMP-1 gene will be determined as well as the relative roles of the JNK, p42/p44 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways in mediating TIMP-1 expression...
- ERK/MAPK Signaling and Circadian Clock EntrainmentGREGORY BUTCHER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recent evidence has indicated the p42/44 mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway couples light to clock entrainment...
- CYTOKINE GENE EXPRESSION IN ALVEOLAR MACROPHAGESA Carter; Fiscal Year: 2002..The focus of this application is to define the role(s) of the p42/44 MAPK pathway and its interaction with the p38 MAPK pathway in regulating cytokine gene expression in human AM in ..
- ARTERIAL INJURY AND SMOOTH MUSCLE CELL SIGNALINGMichael Reidy; Fiscal Year: 2001..The first group of experiments will document the activation of the MAP kinase pathways, namely p42/44erk in the ballooned injured rat carotid arteries...
- Regulation of NO Signaling in Pulmonary VaculatureRoger Johns; Fiscal Year: 2006..The second aim will investigate the effect of NO and L-arginase I expression on polyamine activation of p42/p44 protein kinases, p21 and resultant changes in cell cycle and proliferative response of pulmonary microvascular ..
- G PROTEIN REGULATION IN THE KIDNEYLOUIS ERCOLANI; Fiscal Year: 2000..active pre-differentiated LLC-PKI cells, Gi protein function in growth and differentiation cascades link to p42/44 and/or JNK/SAPK mitogen-activated protein kinases...
- Development of a MSP1-p42 Subunit Vaccine for MalariaDavid Clements; Fiscal Year: 2003..Phase I research demonstrated that the MSP-1 p42 antigen is expressed at high levels in the Drosophila cell expression system...
- Mechanism of ethanol-clonidine synergistic sedationTARA BENDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..acting at the alpha-2A receptor, enhances the effects of ethanol through a phosphorylation cascade involving p42/44 MARK, which activates nNOS...
- Neural Substrates of AnorexiaDawna Salter; Fiscal Year: 2004..NPY neurons immediately after anorexia reversal by using imunohistochemical detection of the phosphorylated form of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein/extracellular sinai-regulated kinase (pERK1/2) and in-situ hybridization for NPY mRNA; ..
- OSMOTIC REGULATION OF MACROPHAGES IN CYSTIC FIBROSISDavid Riches; Fiscal Year: 2003..will involve concurrent activation of p38 MAP kinase and inhibition of pro-survival signals conferred by either p42 ERK and/or Akt...
- REGULATION OF CELLULAR DIFFERENTIATIONIan Macara; Fiscal Year: 1991..Vanadate is a potent inhibitor of Friend cell differentiation. Total cell and p42 phosphotyrosine levels will be determined along with measurements of DG, myc RNA and S6 kinase activities...
- APP AND HIPPOCAMPAL MAP KINASEJOHN SWEATT; Fiscal Year: 2000..that the chronic exposure of neurons to elevated levels of extracellular Abeta that occurs in Tg2576 mice affects p42 MAPK regulation...
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF ETS1 PROTEIN ISOTYPESTAKIS PAPAS; Fiscal Year: 1999..understand in detail the mechanism by which an isotype of ETS1, generated as a splicing variant and referred to as p42-ETS1, represses tumorigenicity and induces apoptosis in epithelial cells...
- Regulation of LTP by Gi Linked ReceptorsDanny Winder; Fiscal Year: 2004..This regulation occurs in large part through the recruitment of the cAMP and p42-44 MAP kinase (ERK) signaling cascades in hippocampal neurons...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF DELAYED PRECONDITIONINGRAKESH KUKREJA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our second hypothesis is that rapid pacing triggers signaling pathway leading to the phosphorylation of p38, p44/p42 (ERK I & 2) and p46/p54 JNK kinases...
- Cancer: MAPK phosphorylation and nuclear translocationDANIEL MARENDA; Fiscal Year: 2005..In mammals, MARK proteins p42/p44 (also called ERK 1/2) phosphorylate and activate a number of targets in both the cytoplasm and the nucleus, and ..
- P42/MAP KINASE--STRUCTURE, FUNCTION, AND REGULATIONMichael Weber; Fiscal Year: 2000..This is a first amended renewal of a grant, currently in its fifth year, to study the regulation and function of p42 MAP kinase. The MAP kinases are crucial components of diverse signalling cascades. In general, Dr...
- Adenosine in trauma and sepsisGyorgy Hasko; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of p42/44MAPK-induced LDL receptor expressionKAMAL MEHTA; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recently, we provided the first evidence that specific activation of the p42/44mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) is not only required but is sufficient to fully induce LDL receptor ..
- Intracellular signaling in anesthetic and hypoxic preconditioning of neuronsPhilip E Bickler; Fiscal Year: 2010..The work will also identify why the aging brain may not be able to benefit from the neuroprotective actions of anesthetics or other preconditioning treatments. ..
- Molecular Mechanism of Protein Kinase Cbeta-Mediated Cholesterol HomeostasisKamal D Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2010..The greatest potential for arresting this epidemic is likely to come through a clearer understanding of its molecular pathogenesis to develop rational and mechanism based therapy. ..
- SIGNALING OF MECHANICAL STRAIN IN LUNG EPITHELIAL CELLSPatricia Chess; Fiscal Year: 2003..The project is designed to optimize the principle investigator's research development, while yielding information regarding pulmonary epithelial responses to mechanical strain. ..
- Hypertension and Collagen: Effect of Ac-SDKPNour Eddine Rhaleb; Fiscal Year: 2010..ET-1-stimulated transactivation of the EGFR;2) whether Ac-SDKP inhibits the effects of calcium ionophores or EGF on p42/44 MAPK and collagen synthesis;3) whether PLC, EGFR, cSrc, calmodulin kinase or IP3 inhibitors attenuate MAPK ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF HIV BASED THROMBOCYTOPENMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2002..In toto, the studies proposed in this grant will increase the knowledge about pathogenesis of AIDS associated thrombocytopenia and may lead to development of new strategies for its treatment of prevention. (End of Abstract) ..
- GLU6PASE AND 6P2K/FBASE GENE REGULATION IN SEPSISSUBIR MAITRA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this study are essential to understand the molecular basis of deranged metabolism in sepsis. Understanding the mechanism might be useful for developing appropriate therapeutic intervention during sepsis. ..
- Role of EGFR in Viral Infected Lung Epithelial CellsMartha M Monick; Fiscal Year: 2010..Completion of these studies will add to our understanding of mechanisms of RSV infection of airway epithelium and the role of targeted signaling pathways in the subsequent inflammation and life span of infected cells. ..
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will be of relevance for designing strategies to block the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis to treat CXCR4-positive cancers. ..
- Ethanol, neurotrophins, and thalamocortical matchingSANDRA MOONEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- INVESTIGATING THE MECHANISMS OF PRB TUMOR SUPPRESSIONArnab Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim number 3: To determine whether the deregulation of E2F dependent transcription is correlated with the tumorigenic potential of RB -/- cells in-vivo. ..
- Cardiomyocyte Signaling Through Focal AdhesionMARIA HEIDKAMP; Fiscal Year: 2003..Their effects on FAF and SA will be investigated. A better understanding of the signaling pathways which contribute to cardiac hypertrophy would enable novel, therapeutic agents of disease prevention to be discovered. ..
- Role of Glypicans in HGF Mediated Cell MorphogenesisAnil Karihaloo; Fiscal Year: 2006..These specific aims are designed to hopefully lead to a better understanding of the role of Gpc expression during kidney development vis-a-vis HGF. ..
- Glycosaminoglycan-based inhibitors for treatment of prostate cancerVinata B Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2010..If proven efficacious, sHA compounds and 4-MU will be a novel class of glycosaminoglycan-based target-specific anti-tumor drugs. ..
- Pasteurella multocida toxin: Structure and ActivityBrenda Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) To characterize the cellular receptor(s) and to elucidate the internalization pathway(s) utilized by PMT to gain entry into cells. ..
- TISSUE-CRYSTAL INTERACTION CA OXALATE NEPHROLITHIASISSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2003..We can follow various events of nephrolithiasis in the animal model and cats explore the outcome of renal epithelial cell exposure to oxalate and calcium oxalate crystals in the cell cultures. ..
- GENETICS AND INTERMITTENT MYOCARDIAL HYPOXIAJohn Baker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF BASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE CRYSTALSHerman Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2004..Hypothesis 3: BCP crystals induce MMP-1 via a Ras-dependent p42/44 MAPK signal transduction pathway...
- IGF-I and its binding proteins in vascular smooth muscle cellsCunming Duan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Identification of a new protein that binds Src and PKCSTEPHEN SOLTOFF; Fiscal Year: 2004..Future efforts will determine if this new protein alters cell morphology, tight junction formation, or other functions in salivary cells. ..
- Radiation injury to the heartJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..1 ..
- CaP, crystal responsible for idiopathic nephrolithasisSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Type density and size must conform to limits and specifications provided in the PHS 398Instructions. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Prosaposin, a novel tumor marker for prostate cancerShahriar Koochekpour; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MCP-1, TISSUE FACTOR, AND VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLEALISON SCHECTER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The receptor will be expressed in COS cells to study the properties of the new receptor in mammalian cells and, in particular, to examine its coupling to TF induction. ..
- CHRONIC HYPOXIA AND RESISTANCE TO MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..kinase signaling cascade: JAK/STAT, Ras, Raf, phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase (PI3K)/Akt, PKC, JNK, p38 MARK and p42/44 MARK...
- SATELLITE STEM CELL BIOLOGYFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2008..The outcomes of the research will provide a more scientific basis to devise therapies to prevent and treat sarcopenia and physical frailty. ..
- CREB and Synaptic ReorganizationKarl Obrietan; Fiscal Year: 2007..An understanding of the intracellular signaling events that couple seizures to synaptic remodeling should allow for the development of therapeutic approaches designed to block the development of some forms of epilepsy. ..
- Developmental Interactions of methamphetamine and stressMichael Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..The use of different strains of rats prone to hyper- or hyposecretion of HPA axis hormones will be used, as will animals that are exposed to MA without the concurrent increase in CORT. ..
- Protein ubiquitination based neuroprotection for strokeRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2006....