Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NRG3
Description: neuregulin 3
Alias: HRG3, pro-NRG3, pro-neuregulin-3, membrane-bound isoform, neuregulin 3 variant 1, neuregulin 3 variant 10, neuregulin 3 variant 11, neuregulin 3 variant 12, neuregulin 3 variant 13, neuregulin 3 variant 14, neuregulin 3 variant 3, neuregulin 3 variant 4, neuregulin 3 variant 5, neuregulin 3 variant 6, neuregulin 3 variant 7, neuregulin 3 variant 8, neuregulin 3 variant 9, neuregulin-3-like polypeptide
- Bioactive recombinant neuregulin-1, -2, and -3 expressed in Escherichia coliBeatrice Mautino
Department of Animal and Human Biology, University of Torino, Via Accademia Albertina 13, 10123 Torino, Italy
Protein Expr Purif 35:25-31. 2004..We report the expression of recombinant NRG1beta1, NRG2alpha, NRG2beta, and NRG3 as recombinant fusion proteins in Escherichia coli...
- Neuregulin-3 (NRG3): a novel neural tissue-enriched protein that binds and activates ErbB4D Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:9562-7. 1997We describe the identification of Neuregulin-3 (NRG3), a novel protein that is structurally related to the neuregulins (NRG1). The NRG1/neuregulins are a diverse family of proteins that arise by alternative splicing from a single gene...
- Common genetic variation in Neuregulin 3 (NRG3) influences risk for schizophrenia and impacts NRG3 expression in human brainWee Tin Kao
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Genes, Cognition and Psychosis Program, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1385, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15619-24. 2010Structural and polymorphic variations in Neuregulin 3 (NRG3), 10q22-23 are associated with a broad spectrum of neurodevelopmental disorders including developmental delay, cognitive impairment, autism, and schizophrenia...
- Neuregulin 3 (NRG3) as a susceptibility gene in a schizophrenia subtype with florid delusions and relatively spared cognitionB Morar
Centre for Medical Research Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Mol Psychiatry 16:860-6. 2011Linkage of 10q22-q23 to schizophrenia and the recently reported association of Neuregulin 3 (NRG3) polymorphisms with high 'delusion factor' scores led us to attempt replication and further refinement of these findings in a sample of 411 ..
- Fine mapping on chromosome 10q22-q23 implicates Neuregulin 3 in schizophreniaPei Lung Chen
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Hum Genet 84:21-34. 2009..at three SNPs (rs10883866, rs10748842, and rs6584400) located in a 13 kb interval in intron 1 of Neuregulin 3 (NRG3). Our best p value from family-based association analysis was 7.26 x 10(-7)...
- Does parental expressed emotion moderate genetic effects in ADHD? An exploration using a genome wide association scanEdmund J S Sonuga-Barke
Developmental Brain Behaviour Unit, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1359-68. 2008..The observed interactions in SLC1A1 and NRG3 SNPs represent reasonable candidate genes for further investigation given their previous association with several ..
- Neuregulin 3 genetic variations and susceptibility to schizophrenia in a Chinese populationYing Chieh Wang
Department of Psychiatry, Yuli Veterans Hospital, Hualien City, Taiwan, ROC
Biol Psychiatry 64:1093-6. 2008The study investigated the possible association of NRG3 gene and schizophrenia in a Han Chinese population.
- NRG3 gene is associated with the risk and age at onset of Alzheimer diseaseKe Sheng Wang
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health, East Tennessee State University, PO Box 70259, Lamb Hall, Johnson City, TN, 37614 1700, USA
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 121:183-92. 2014The Neuregulin 3 (NRG3) gene at 10q22-q24 has been implicated in multiple psychiatric traits such as cognitive impairment. We therefore hypothesized that NRG3 gene polymorphisms may play a role in Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Genome-wide association study on detailed profiles of smoking behavior and nicotine dependence in a twin sampleA Loukola
Department of Public Health, Hjelt Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Mol Psychiatry 19:615-24. 2014..Recently, a significant increase in ErbB4 and Neuregulin 3 (Nrg3) expression was revealed following chronic nicotine exposure and withdrawal in mice and an association between NRG3 ..
- Effects of neuregulin 3 genotype on human prefrontal cortex physiologyHeike Tost
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Genes, Cognition, and Psychosis Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Central Institute of Mental Health, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 61859 Mannheim, Germany, Lieber Institute for Brain Development, Johns Hopkins University Medical Campus, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, Departments of Psychiatry, Neurology, and Neuroscience and McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, and Departments of Psychiatry and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Neurosci 34:1051-6. 2014The neuregulin 3 gene (NRG3) plays pleiotropic roles in neurodevelopment and is a putative susceptibility locus for schizophrenia...
- Transient overexposure of neuregulin 3 during early postnatal development impacts selective behaviors in adulthoodClare Paterson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e104172. 2014Neuregulin 3 (NRG3), a specific ligand for ErbB4 and a neuronal-enriched neurotrophin is implicated in the genetic predisposition to a broad spectrum of neurodevelopmental, neurocognitive and neuropsychiatric disorders, including ..
- PTPN21 exerts pro-neuronal survival and neuritic elongation via ErbB4/NRG3 signalingJanice Hiu Chor Plani-Lam
Department of Biochemistry, University of Hong Kong, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong, China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 61:53-62. 2015..between two seemingly non-associated genes in brain expression data from BXD inbred mice, namely Ptpn21 and Nrg3. Using biotinylated receptor tracking and immunoprecipitation analyses, we determined that PTPN21 de-phosphorylates ..
- KRASG12 mutant induces the release of the WSTF/NRG3 complex, and contributes to an oncogenic paracrine signaling pathwayYan Liu
College of Life Science, North China University of Science and Technology, Tangshan, 063000, China
Oncotarget 7:53153-53164. 2016..transcription factor (WSTF), a non-secretory protein, was released in complex with secretory protein-neuregulin-3 (NRG3). The KRASG12 mutant activates the transcription of NRG3...
- Neuregulin 3 Mediates Cortical Plate Invasion and Laminar Allocation of GABAergic InterneuronsGiorgia Bartolini
Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, UK Instituto de Neurociencias, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Universidad Miguel Hernández, Sant Joan d Alacant 03550, Spain
Cell Rep 18:1157-1170. 2017..Here, we identified Neuregulin 3 (Nrg3) as a chemoattractive factor expressed by developing pyramidal cells that guides the allocation of cortical ..
- Contribution of Common Variants in GABRG2, RELN and NRG3 and Interaction Networks to the Risk of Hirschsprung DiseaseYang Wang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Xin Hua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 40:509-526. 2016..Genome-wide studies implied GABRG2, RELN and NRG3 might be involved in HSCR etiology...
- Temporal, Diagnostic, and Tissue-Specific Regulation of NRG3 Isoform Expression in Human Brain Development and Affective DisordersClare Paterson
From the Department of Psychiatry and the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora the Lieber Institute for Brain Development, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore and the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Department of Neurology, The Department of Neuroscience, and the McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore
Am J Psychiatry . 2016..Neuregulin 3 (NRG3), a brain-enriched neurotrophin, undergoes alternative splicing and is implicated in several neurological disorders ..
- Neuregulin 3 Knockout Mice Exhibit Behaviors Consistent with Psychotic DisordersLindsay N Hayes
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mol Neuropsychiatry 2:79-87. 2016Neuregulin 3 (NRG3) is a paralog of NRG1...
- Investigating the Role of Gene-Gene Interactions in TB SusceptibilityMichelle Daya
SA MRC Centre for TB Research, DST NRF Centre of Excellence for Biomedical Tuberculosis Research, Division of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town, South Africa
PLoS ONE 10:e0123970. 2014..A number of models were successfully validated, indicating that interplay between the NRG1 - NRG3, GRIK1 - GRIK3 and IL23R - ATG4C gene pairs may modify susceptibility to TB...
- Evidence for genetic regulation of the human parieto-occipital 10-Hz rhythmic activityElina Salmela
Molecular Neurology Research Program, Research Programs Unit, University of Helsinki, PO Box 63, FI 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Neurosci 44:1963-71. 2016..genes, including GRID1 and ATAD1 that regulate glutamate receptor channels mediating synaptic transmission, NRG3 with functions in brain development and HRT7 involved in the serotonergic system and circadian rhythm...
- High-resolution chromosome ideogram representation of recognized genes for bipolar disorderLindsay N Douglas
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Gene 586:136-47. 2016..g., SLC39A3, SLC6A3, SLC8A1); and neuronal growth (e.g., BDNF, IGFBP1, NRG1, NRG3)...
- Isolation of a Genomic Region Affecting Most Components of Metabolic Syndrome in a Chromosome-16 Congenic Rat ModelLucie Sedova
Institute of Biology and Medical Genetics, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and the General Teaching Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
PLoS ONE 11:e0152708. 2016..with metabolic syndrome components in human studies showed polymorphisms between SHR and BN-Lx (including Lpl, Nrg3, Pbx4, Cilp2, and Stab1)...
- Neurological dysfunctions associated with altered BACE1-dependent Neuregulin-1 signalingXiangyou Hu
Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Neurochem 136:234-49. 2016..To initiate its signaling cascade, membrane anchored Neuregulin (Nrg), mainly type I and III β1 Nrg1 isoforms and Nrg3, requires ectodomain shedding...
- Integrative Review of Genetic Factors Influencing Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in Preterm InfantsLisa M Blair
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Biol Res Nurs 18:127-37. 2016..of investigation offer promise, including large (>100 kb) copy number variants and the candidate genes MET, NRG3, and SLC6A4, each of which were reported to have associations with neurodevelopmental outcomes in multiple, high-..
- Multiple variants aggregate in the neuregulin signaling pathway in a subset of schizophrenia patientsA Hatzimanolis
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Transl Psychiatry 3:e264. 2013..linkage and next-generation sequencing results for the genes encoding components of the pathway, including NRG1, NRG3, ERBB4, β-secretase and the γ-secretase complex...
- A proximity-based method to identify genomic regions correlated with a continuously varying environmental variableCornelia Di Gaetano
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Turin, Italy HuGeF, Human Genetics Foundation, Turin, Italy
Evol Bioinform Online 9:29-42. 2013..method compared to the existing literature, highlighting several genes (for example DTNB, DOT1L, TPCN2, RELN, MSRA, NRG3) related to body size or shape, human height, hair color, and schizophrenia...
- Evidence from mouse and man for a role of neuregulin 3 in nicotine dependenceJ R Turner
Department of Pharmacology, Translational Research Laboratories, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 19:801-10. 2014..We found that chronic nicotine and WD differentially modulate CREB binding to the gene for neuregulin 3 (NRG3)...
- Platinum sensitivity-related germline polymorphism discovered via a cell-based approach and analysis of its association with outcome in ovarian cancer patientsR Stephanie Huang
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5490-500. 2011..Cell-based approaches were used to identify genetic markers predictive of patients' risk for poor response prior to chemotherapy...
- Genome-wide association study of retinopathy in individuals without diabetesRichard A Jensen
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e54232. 2013..We conducted a genome-wide association study (GWAS) of mild retinopathy in persons without diabetes...
- Neuregulin 3 is associated with attention deficits in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderSandra Meier
Department of Genetic Epidemiology in Psychiatry, Central Institute of Mental Health, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 16:549-56. 2013Linkage and fine mapping studies have established that the neuregulin 3 gene (NRG3) is a susceptibility locus for schizophrenia...
- Genome-wide copy number analysis uncovers a new HSCR gene: NRG3Clara Sze Man Tang
Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS Genet 8:e1002687. 2012..00 × 10(-6)). Our study identified 246 rare-genic CNVs exclusive to patients. Among those, we detected a NRG3 deletion (p = 1.64 × 10(-3))...
- Relationships between progesterone receptor isoforms and the HER/ErbB receptors and ligands network in 299 primary breast cancersClothilde Lindet
Département de Sénologie, Centre Oscar Lambret, Lille France
Int J Biol Markers 27:e111-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to analyze the relationships between PR isoforms and the network of the HER/ErbB receptors and ligands in breast cancer...
- Neuregulin repellent signaling via ErbB4 restricts GABAergic interneurons to migratory paths from ganglionic eminence to cortical destinationsHao Li
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neural Dev 7:10. 2012..Because most, if not all, migrating MGE-derived INs express the neuregulin (NRG) receptor, ErbB4, we investigated influences of Nrg1 isoforms and Nrg3 on IN migration through ventral telencephalon (vTel) and within cortex.
- Neuregulins 1-4 are expressed in the cytoplasm or nuclei of ductal carcinoma (in situ) of the human breastCatherine Marshall
Preston Hall Hospital, Maidstone, Aylesford, Kent, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 96:163-8. 2006..this study we examined using immunohistochemical staining expression of NRG1alpha, NRG1beta, NRG2alpha, NRG2beta, NRG3 and NRG4 in sixty cases of pre-invasive ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast representing different degrees of ..
- Co-expression of neuregulins 1, 2, 3 and 4 in human breast cancerMariana Dunn
Cancer Biology Laboratory, Research School of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
J Pathol 203:672-80. 2004We have produced antibodies to the NRG2-alpha, NRG2-beta, NRG3 and NRG4 proteins and used these, and previously described antibodies to NRG1-alpha and NRG1-beta, to detect expression of each ligand by immunocytochemical staining in a ..
- Allele-biased expression in differentiating human neurons: implications for neuropsychiatric disordersMingyan Lin
Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e44017. 2012..These included a number of putative SZ and ASD candidates, such as A2BP1 (RBFOX1), ERBB4, NLGN4X, NRG1, NRG3, NRXN1, and NLGN1...
- No genetic evidence for Neuregulin 3 conferring risk of schizophrenia in the Chinese populationRui Zhang
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, PR China
Psychiatry Res 205:279-81. 2013We genotyped 13 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) within Neuregulin 3 (NRG3) to investigate the association between NRG3 and schizophrenia in 488 patients and 506 controls in Northwest China...
- Recurrent targeted genes of hepatitis B virus in the liver cancer genomes identified by a next-generation sequencing-based approachDong Ding
Hangzhou Proprium Biotech, Hangzhou, China
PLoS Genet 8:e1003065. 2012..PTPRJ, CNTN6, IL12B, MYOM1, FNDC3B, LRFN2, FN1) containing IPR003961 (Fibronectin, type III domain), 7 genes (NRG3, MASP2, NELL1, LRP1B, ADAM21, NRXN1, FN1) containing IPR013032 (EGF-like region, conserved site), and three genes (..
- Exome sequencing identified NRG3 as a novel susceptible gene of Hirschsprung's disease in a Chinese populationJun Yang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Union Hospital of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Mol Neurobiol 47:957-66. 2013..Follow-up Sanger sequencing and bioinformatics analysis highlighted variant c.853G>A (p.E285K) in NRG3, a gene involved in the development of ENS...
- Neuregulin 3 and erbb signalling networks in embryonic mammary gland developmentNaoko Kogata
Division of Breast Cancer Research, Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London, SW3 6JB, UK
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 18:149-54. 2013We review the role of Neuregulin 3 (Nrg3) and Erbb receptor signalling in embryonic mammary gland development...
- The neuregulin system of ligands and their receptors in rat islets of langerhansJack C M South
Cancer Biology Laboratory, School of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NJ, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 154:2385-92. 2013..The expression of NRG1α, NRG1β, NRG2α, NRG2β, NRG3, and NRG4 in rat islets was determined using immunohistochemical and double immunofluorescent staining...
- Canonical WNT signaling pathway and human AREGYuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo, Japan
Int J Mol Med 17:1163-6. 2006AREG (Amphiregulin), BTC (beta-cellulin), EGF, EPGN (Epigen), EREG (Epiregulin), HBEGF, NRG1, NRG2, NRG3, NRG4 and TGFA (TGFalpha) constitute EGF family ligands for ERBB family receptors...
- Single nucleotide polymorphism of TAG-1 influences IVIg responsiveness of Japanese patients with CIDPM Iijima
Department of Neurology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Neurology 73:1348-52. 2009..In this study, we examined whether particular genetic factors influence the therapeutic responsiveness of patients with CIDP...
- The neuregulin-I/ErbB signaling system in development and diseaseStefan Britsch
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine MDC Berlin Buch, Germany
Adv Anat Embryol Cell Biol 190:1-65. 2007..The neuregulin family of ligands has four members: NRG1, NRG2, NRG3, and NRG4. Relatively little is known about the biological functions of the NRG2, 3, and 4 proteins...
- ErbB/HER ligands in human breast cancer, and relationships with their receptors, the bio-pathological features and prognosisF Revillion
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moléculaire Humaine, Centre Oscar Lambret, BP 307, 59020 Lille Cedex, France
Ann Oncol 19:73-80. 2008..The aim of this study is to provide an expression profile of ErbB/HER ligands in breast cancer. We analysed the relationships with their receptors, the bio-pathological features and prognosis...
- Culture conditions affect proliferative responsiveness of olfactory ensheathing glia to neuregulinsT R de Mello
Red s Spinal Cord Research Laboratory, School of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Perth, WA 6009, Australia
Glia 55:734-45. 2007..We examined the effects of NRG-1beta, NRG-2alpha, and NRG3 on proliferation of p75-immunopurified adult OEG...
- Characterization of a neural-specific splicing form of the human neuregulin 3 gene involved in oligodendrocyte survivalChristelle Carteron
Instituto de Neurociencias UMH CSIC, Alicante, Spain
J Cell Sci 119:898-909. 2006Neuregulins are a family of genes involved in key aspects of neural biology. Neuregulins 1, 2 and 3 (NRG1, NRG2 and NRG3) are expressed in the mammalian nervous system...
- Gene expression profiling of ERBB receptors and ligands in human transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderDelphine Amsellem-Ouazana
Department of Urology, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Urol 175:1127-32. 2006..Paradoxically little is known of the expression pattern or clinical significance of the 4 ErbB receptors and their 11 ligands in TCC of the bladder...
- Identification of the scaramanga gene implicates Neuregulin3 in mammary gland specificationBeatrice Howard
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, London SW3 6JB, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 19:2078-90. 2005..6-kb interval containing the distal part of the Neuregulin3 (Nrg3) gene...
- Expression of HER3, HER4 and their ligand heregulin-4 is associated with better survival in bladder cancer patientsA A Memon
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, AKH University Hospital, Norrebrogade 44, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Br J Cancer 91:2034-41. 2004..The mRNA content of four ligands and their isoforms (HRG1alpha, HRG1beta, HRG2alpha, HRG2beta, HRG3 and HRG4) and two receptors (HER3 and HER4) was quantified by real-time PCR...
- Receptor tyrosine kinase ErbB4 modulates neuroblast migration and placement in the adult forebrainE S Anton
UNC Neuroscience Center and the Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:1319-28. 2004..The neuregulins (NRG1-NRG3), which have been identified as ErbB4 ligands, are detected either in the stream or in adjacent regions...
- Neuregulins: functions, forms, and signaling strategiesDouglas L Falls
Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Department of Neurology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Exp Cell Res 284:14-30. 2003..The neuregulin family of genes has four members: NRG1, NRG2, NRG3, and NRG4...
- Human NRG3 gene Map position 10q22-q23R Z Gizatullin
Center for Genomics Research and Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Chromosome Res 8:560. 2000
- Interactions among genes in the ErbB-Neuregulin signalling network are associated with increased susceptibility to schizophreniaIsabel Benzel
Psychiatry CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AW Harlow, Essex, UK
Behav Brain Funct 3:31. 2007..In this study, we have extended the previously published associations by investigating the involvement of all eight genes from the ERBB and NRG families for association with schizophrenia...
- Neuregulin3 alters cell fate in the epidermis and mammary glandHeena Panchal
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
BMC Dev Biol 7:105. 2007..Previously, we demonstrated that Neuregulin3 (Nrg3) is a specification signal for mammary placode formation in mice...
- Dynamic expression of Erbb pathway members during early mammary gland morphogenesisOlivia Wansbury
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 128:1009-21. 2008..Neuregulin3 (Nrg3), an Erbb family ligand, has recently been shown to be involved in the specification of mammary glands in mice...
- Novel loci involved in platelet function and platelet count identified by a genome-wide study performed in childrenJose A Guerrero
University of Murcia, Centro Regional de Hemodonacion, Murcia, Spain
Haematologica 96:1335-43. 2011..e., acquired and environmental factors, such as smoking, physical activity, diet, and drug or hormone intake, which are particularly important in platelet function...
- The role of NRG3 in mammary developmentBeatrice A Howard
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London, SW3 6JB, UK
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 13:195-203. 2008..Neuregulin3 (NRG3), a ligand for ERBB4, promotes early mammary morphogenesis and acts during specification of the mammary placode, an ..
- Whole genome association study identifies polymorphisms associated with QT prolongation during iloperidone treatment of schizophreniaS Volpi
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Mol Psychiatry 14:1024-31. 2009..genes involved in myocardial infarction (PALLD), cardiac structure and function (BRUNOL4) and cardiac development (NRG3)...
- Levels of neuregulin 1 and 3 proteins in Brodmann's area 46 from subjects with schizophrenia and bipolar disorderSimone Boer
The Rebecca L Cooper Research Laboratories, The Mental Health Research Institute, Victoria 3052, Australia
Neurosci Lett 466:27-9. 2009Neuregulin (NRG) 1Ialpha and NRG3 proteins levels were measured in Brodmann's area 46 from 20 subjects with schizophrenia, 8 subjects with bipolar 1 disorder and 20 age-sex matched control subjects...
- Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 expression is regulated by beta-site amyloid precursor protein cleaving enzyme-1-neuregulin cascadeSaurav Seshadri
Departments of Psychiatry, Neuroscience, and Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:5622-7. 2010..We show that signaling by NRG1 and NRG2, but not NRG3, increase expression of an isoform of DISC1 in vitro...
- The phenotype of recurrent 10q22q23 deletions and duplicationsBregje W M van Bon
Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Hum Genet 19:400-8. 2011..For congenital breast aplasia, the NRG3 gene, known to be involved in early mammary gland development in mice, is a putative candidate gene...
- Neuregulin 3 does not confer risk for schizophrenia and smooth pursuit eye movement abnormality in a Korean populationC F Pasaje
Department of Life Science, Sogang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Genes Brain Behav 10:828-33. 2011Located on chromosome 10q22-q23, the human neuregulin3 (NRG3) is considered to be a strong positional and functional candidate gene for schizophrenia pathogenesis...
- Neuregulins are essential for spermatogonial proliferation and meiotic initiation in neonatal mouse testisJidong Zhang
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, 2 39 1 Kurokami, Kumamoto 860 8555, Japan
Development 138:3159-68. 2011..In re-aggregated cultures of purified spermatogonia, NRG1, NRG3, ATRA and 9-cis-RA promoted their proliferation and meiotic initiation, but neither AM580 nor FSH did...
- Hypertrophy-associated polymorphisms ascertained in a founder cohort applied to heart failure risk and mortalityAfshin Parsa
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Transl Sci 4:17-23. 2011..rs2207418 may be useful for predicting a more progressive form of heart failure that may require aggressive therapy...
- A genome-wide association study of carotid atherosclerosis in HIV-infected menSadeep Shrestha
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
AIDS 24:583-92. 2010..The role of host genetics in the development of subclinical atherosclerosis in the context of HIV-infected persons who are being treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) is not well understood...
- Herbert M Lachman; Fiscal Year: 2016..enrichment for SZ and ASD candidate genes was found, which included A2BP1 (RBFOX1), ERBB4, NLGN4X, NRG1, NRG3, NRXN1, and NLGN1...
- Mechanism and neurodevelopmental role of DISC 1 and NRG/ErbB signaling cross-talSAURAV RAO SESHADRI; Fiscal Year: 2010..We intend to treat primary cortical neuron cultures with recombinant NRG1, NRG2, and NRG3 to study the effects of NRG signaling on DISK1 expression at the protein and mRNA level by Western blot and RT-PCR ..
- The Nomenclature of Human GenesEwan Birney; Fiscal Year: 2012..data over time;human minds simply cannot easily categorise and remember NM_001010848 and ENSG00000185737, whereas NRG3 (neuregulin 3) can be easily spoken, understood and remembered...
- NEUREGULIN-MEDIATED CELL SIGNALING DURING IMPLANTATIONJohn Reese; Fiscal Year: 2000..Three different neuregulin genes have been identified: NRG1, NRG2, and NRG3. Dr...
- TUMOR CELL LINE PROLIFERATION, MOTILITY AND INVASIVENESSDAVID RIESE; Fiscal Year: 2000..Through collaborations, we have acquired cDNAs for three novel family hormones: NRG2, NRG3, and NRG4. Our third specific aim is to generate recombinant forms of these proteins...
- STOP SIGNALS FOR NEURONAL MIGRATION IN CEREBRAL CORTEXEva Anton; Fiscal Year: 2004....