Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NPW
Description: neuropeptide W
Alias: L8C, PPL8, PPNPW, neuropeptide W, hPPL8, prepro-neuropeptide W, preproprotein L8
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of neuropeptides B and W on the secretion and growth of rat adrenocortical cellsAnna Hochol
Department of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, PL 60781 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Med 14:843-7. 2004Neuropeptide-B (NPB) and neuropeptide-W (NPW) are recently discovered endogenous ligands of the GPR7- and GPR8-receptors (R), which in humans are expressed in the hypothalamus and probably involved in the regulation of energy homeostasis ..
- Domestic water supplies as a possible source of infection with SimkaniaSimona Kahane
Department of Virology and Developmental Genetics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, Beer Sheva, Israel, 84105 IL
J Infect 54:75-81. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine whether there is similarity between Simkania organisms found in water and those detected in clinical samples...
- Expression of neuropeptides B and W and their receptors in endocrine glands of the ratAnna Hochol
Department of Histology and Embryology, Poznan School of Medicine, PL 60781 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Med 18:1101-6. 2006Neuropeptides B and W (NPB and NPW) have been identified as endogenous ligands of the G protein-coupled receptors (GPR) 7 and 8, which in humans are expressed in the hypothalamus and probably involved in the regulation of energy ..
- Neuronal interactions between neuropeptide W- and orexin- or melanin-concentrating hormone-containing neurons in the rat hypothalamusFumiko Takenoya
Department of Anatomy, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Regul Pept 145:159-64. 2008b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) was recently discovered as the endogenous ligand for GPR7 and GPR8, which are orphan G protein-coupled receptors isolated from the porcine brain...
- Neuropeptide W: an anorectic peptide regulated by leptin and metabolic stateYukari Date
Frontier Science Research Center, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki, Japan
Endocrinology 151:2200-10. 2010b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is an anorectic peptide produced in the brain...
- Neuropeptide B induces slow wave sleep in miceNoriko Hirashima
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Sleep 34:31-7. 2011Neuropeptide B (NPB) and neuropeptide W (NPW) are two recently identified neuropeptides that act as endogenous ligands to orphan G protein coupled receptors, GPR7 and GPR8...
- Central neuropeptide W has anorexigenic effect in ratsT Naso
Department of Veterinary Anatomy and Histology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 98:228-34. 2014b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is produced in neurons located in hypothalamus, brain stem and antral G cells and its receptors are present in the hypothalamus, in particular in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN)...
- Compromise of endogenous neuropeptide W production abrogates the dipsogenic and pressor effects of angiotensin II in adult male ratsA T Pate
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 25:1290-7. 2013b>Neuropeptide W (NPW), an endogenous ligand for the G-protein coupled receptor GPR7, is produced in neurones in the rat hypothalamus and brain stem known to be important in the control of food intake and the neuroendocrine response to ..
- Monitoring tobacco-specific N-nitrosamines and nicotine in novel smokeless tobacco products: findings from round II of the new product watchIrina Stepanov
Division of Environmental Health Sciences and Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Nicotine Tob Res 16:1070-8. 2014Analysis of novel smokeless tobacco products purchased in Round I of the New Product Watch (NPW)-a national tobacco monitoring network-demonstrated that some tobacco constituents vary not only across various brands but also regionally ..
- Neither folic acid supplementation nor pregnancy affects the distribution of folate forms in the red blood cells of womenBrenda A Hartman
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada The Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
J Nutr 144:1364-9. 2014..pregnant women (PW) (30-36 wk of gestation) consuming 1 mg/d of folic acid, and nonpregnant women consuming 0 mg/d (NPW-0), 1 mg/d (NPW-1), and 5 mg/d (NPW-5) folic acid...
- Lifetime and per year productivity of sows in four pig farms in the tropics of MexicoJesús Enrique Ek-Mex
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan, Km 15 5 carretera Mérida Xmatkuil, AP 4 116, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Trop Anim Health Prod 47:503-9. 2015..number of piglets weaned (LPW), lifetime kilograms of piglets weaned (LKW), number of piglets weaned per year (NPW/Y), and kilograms of piglets weaned per year (KPW/Y) per sow were used...
- Carbon Sequestration of Caesalpinia platyloba S. Watt (Leguminosae) (Lott 1985) in the Tropical Deciduous ForestNorma Diaz-Gustavo
Instituto Politécncio Nacional CIIDIR SINALOA, Juan de Dios Bátiz Paredes 250, Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico, C P 81000, 526878729626
PLoS ONE 10:e0125478. 2015..Average incomes of US$483.33tC • ha(-1) are expected. The profitability values (NPW = US$81,646.65, IRR = 472%, and B/C = 0.82) for C...
- Transient expression of neuropeptide W in postnatal mouse hypothalamus--a putative regulator of energy homeostasisT Motoike
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8584, USA Electronic address
Neuroscience 301:323-37. 2015Neuropeptide B and W (NPB and NPW) are cognate peptide ligands for NPBWR1 (GPR7), a G protein-coupled receptor...
- Neuropeptide W modulation of gastric vagal afferent mechanosensitivity: Impact of age and sexHui Li
Vagal Afferent Research Group, Centre for Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Diseases, Discipline of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute SAHMRI, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Peptides 71:141-8. 2015Gastric vagal afferents are activated in response to mechanical stimulation, an effect attenuated by neuropeptide W (NPW) in 20-week-old female mice...
- Cloning and distribution of neuropeptide W and its receptors in pigsRui Fang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, PR China
Res Vet Sci 101:106-16. 2015b>Neuropeptide W (NPW), a novel hypothalamic peptide, is an endogenous ligand for the orphan G protein-coupled receptors GPR7 (NPBWR1) and GPR8 (NPBWR2)...
- Streptococcus equi Detection Polymerase Chain Reaction Assay for Equine Nasopharyngeal and Guttural Pouch Wash SamplesA G Boyle
Department of Clinical Studies New Bolton Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Kennett Square, PA, 19348
J Vet Intern Med 30:276-81. 2016..and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assays for the detection of Streptococcus equi in nasopharyngeal washes (NPW) and guttural pouch lavage (GPL) samples have low sensitivity...
- Characterization of SCF-Complex during Bovine Preimplantation DevelopmentVeronika Benesová
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics Academy of Science of Czech Republic, v v i, Libechov, Czech Republic
PLoS ONE 11:e0147096. 2016..CUL1 protein level increased from MII to the morula stage, with a significant difference between MII and L8c, and between MII and the morula...
- High levels of circulating extracellular vesicles with altered expression and function during pregnancyFabiola da Silva Nardi
Genetics Department, Laboratory of Immunogenetics and Histocompatibility LIGH, Federal University of Parana, 19031 Curitiba, Brazil Institute for Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Essen, 45147 Essen, Germany CAPES Foundation, Ministry of Education of Brazil, Brasília DF 70, 040 020, Brazil Electronic address
Immunobiology 221:753-60. 2016..26 pregnant women (PW) being in the second gestational trimester and 59 non-pregnant women (NPW) were investigated...
- Neuropeptide W-immunoreactivity in the hypothalamus and pituitary of the ratSiok L Dun
James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, PO Box 70577, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Neurosci Lett 349:71-4. 2003b>Neuropeptide W-23 (NPW23) and neuropeptide W-30 (NPW30) are 23- and 30-amino acid peptides recently isolated from the porcine hypothalamus...
- Orphan G protein-coupled receptors and obesityYan Ling Xu
Department of Pharmacology, University of California Irvine, 101 Theory Dr, Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 500:243-53. 2004..GPCR systems, the ghrelin, orexins/hypocretins, melanin-concentrating hormone (MCH) and neuropeptide B/neuropeptide W (NPB/NPW) systems, and review our knowledge of their role in the regulation of energy balance and of their ..
- Serum levels of leptin, insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in women with pre-eclampsia, and their relationship to insulin resistanceY Kocyigit
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 18:341-8. 2004..Seventy-three women were divided into three groups: group A consisted of 20 normotensive pregnant women (NPW); group B consisted of 25 women with mild pre-eclampsia (MPE); and group C consisted of 28 women with severe pre-..
- Fall-prevention programs for the elderly: a Bayesian secondary meta-analysisJoseph E Lucke
School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, USA
Can J Nurs Res 36:48-64. 2004..The Bayesian statistical tradition is carefully distinguished from the standard Neyman-Pearson-Wald (NPW) statistical tradition...
- A recombinant P4 protein of Haemophilus influenzae induces specific immune responses biologically active against nasopharyngeal colonization in mice after intranasal immunizationMuneki Hotomi
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Kimiidera 811 1, Wakayama shi 641 0032, Japan
Vaccine 23:1294-300. 2005..with either rP4+CT or a mixture of rP4, rP6+CT elicited anti-rP4 specific IgA antibody in nasopharyngeal washing (NPW), while intranasal immunization with rP4 and rP6 without CT did not induced anti-rP4 specific IgA antibody ..
- NMR conformational analyses on (des-bromo) neuropeptide B [1-23] and neuropeptide W [1-23]: the importance of alpha-helices, a cation-pi interaction and a beta-turnScott Lucyk
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2G2
J Biomol Struct Dyn 23:77-90. 2005..conformations of the orphan G-protein coupled receptor agonists (des-bromo) neuropeptide B [1-23] and neuropeptide W [1-23], referred to as NPB and NPW, have been determined by (1)H NMR, CD, and molecular modeling...
- Distribution of neuropeptide W immunoreactivity and mRNA in adult rat brainYoji Kitamura
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Brain Res 1093:123-34. 2006b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is a recently identified neuropeptide that binds to G-protein-coupled receptor (GPR) 7, which is highly expressed in several discrete regions of the rodent brain including the central amygdaloid nucleus and bed ..
- Application of a body-weight-supporting kite for sprint runningSascha Kratky
Department of Sport Science and Kinesiology, Christian Doppler Laboratory Biomechanics in Skiing, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
J Strength Cond Res 27:2973-80. 2013..A bicycle was used to accelerate the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) parawings (NPW-120, NPW-150, and NPW-170) on an indoor track to acquire data at velocities between 6.5 and 10.5 m · s...
- Neuropeptide W increases mean arterial pressure as a result of behavioral arousalAlicia T Pate
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 305:R804-10. 2013b>Neuropeptide W (NPW), an endogenous ligand for G protein-coupled receptors NPBWR1 (GPR7) and NPBWR2 (GPR8), has been detected in neurons in limbic and reticular activating system areas known to be important in arousal, as well as ..
- Modulation of murine gastric vagal afferent mechanosensitivity by neuropeptide WH Li
Nerve Gut Research Laboratory, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 209:179-91. 2013b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is an endogenous ligand for the receptors GPR7 and GPR8 and is involved in central regulation of energy homeostasis. NPW in the periphery is found in gastric gastrin (G) cells...
- Correlation between human observer performance and model observer performance in differential phase contrast CTKe Li
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1111 Highland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53705
Med Phys 40:111905. 2013..This work is an investigation of the effects of stochastic DPC-CT noise on the correlation of detection performance between model and human observers with signal-known-exactly (SKE) detection tasks...
- Inhibitory effect of Nymphaea pubescens Willd. flower extract on carrageenan-induced inflammation and CCl₄-induced hepatotoxicity in ratsSukalyani Debnath
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Food Chem Toxicol 59:485-91. 2013Nymphaea pubescens Willd. is used as ingredient of ethnic diet and folk medicine in South-East Asia. The water (NPW), methanol (NPM) and chloroform (NPC) extracts of N...
- Design and simulation of a full-ring multi-lofthole collimator for brain SPECTKaren Van Audenhaege
Ghent University iMinds, Department of Electronics and Information Systems, MEDISIP IBiTech, De Pintelaan 185 block B 5, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 58:6317-36. 2013..Then, we evaluated the non-prewhitening matched filter signal-to-noise ratio (NPW-SNR) in two lesion detectability phantoms: one with hot lesions and one with cold lesions...
- Influence of detector pixel size, TOF resolution and DOI on image quality in MR-compatible whole-body PETHendrik Thoen
ELIS Department, MEDISIP, iMinds, Ghent University, IBITECH, Ghent, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 58:6459-79. 2013..The non-prewhitening (NPW) observer was used for objective analysis of the detectability of the hot lesions in the cylindrical phantom...
- Neuropeptide W stimulates adrenocorticotrophic hormone release via corticotrophin-releasing factor but not via arginine vasopressinKosuke Yogo
Second Division, Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Endocr J 59:547-54. 2012b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) was isolated as an endogenous ligand for NPBWR1, an orphan G protein-coupled receptor localized in the rat brain, including the paraventricular nucleus...
- Analgesic neuropeptide W suppresses seizures in the brain revealed by rational repositioning and peptide engineeringBrad R Green
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, United States
ACS Chem Neurosci 2:51-6. 2011..An analgesic neuropeptide W (NPW) targets recently deorphanized G-protein coupled receptors...
- Multiresolution MR elastography using nonlinear inversionM D J McGarry
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Med Phys 39:6388-96. 2012..Previous NLI implementations use the same FE mesh to support the displacement and property fields, requiring a trade-off between the competing resolution requirements...
- Neuropeptide wFumiko Takenoya
Department of Anatomy, Showa University School of Medicine Tokyo, Japan Department of Exercise and Sports Physiology, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science Tokyo, Japan
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 3:171. 2012b>Neuropeptide W (NPW), which was first isolated from the porcine hypothalamus, exists in two forms, consisting of 23 (NPW23) or 30 (NPW30) amino acids...
- Efficient light absorption with integrated nanopillar/nanowell arrays for three-dimensional thin-film photovoltaic applicationsQingfeng Lin
Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China SAR
ACS Nano 7:2725-32. 2013..not only developed a low-cost and scalable method to fabricate a unique type of integrated-nanopillar-nanowell (i-NPW) structure by integrating nanopillar and nanowell arrays together vertically, but also demonstrated the attractive ..
- Quantification of the adenylate cyclase toxin of Bordetella pertussis in vitro and during respiratory infectionJoshua C Eby
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Infect Immun 81:1390-8. 2013..cough and transmissibility of pertussis, and we hypothesized that measurement of ACT in nasopharyngeal washes (NPW) from baboons, combined with human and in vitro data, would provide an estimate of the ACT concentration in the ..
- A chronic high fat diet alters the homologous and heterologous control of appetite regulating peptide receptor expressionStephen J Kentish
Nerve Gut Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Peptides 46:150-8. 2013Leptin, ghrelin and neuropeptide W (NPW) modulate vagal afferent activity, which may underlie their appetite regulatory actions...
- Neuropeptide B and W regulate leptin and resistin secretion, and stimulate lipolysis in isolated rat adipocytesMarek Skrzypski
Department of Animal Physiology and Biochemistry, Poznan University of Life Sciences, 35 Wołyńska Street, 60 637 Poznan, Poland
Regul Pept 176:51-6. 2012Neuropeptide B (NPB) and W (NPW) regulate food intake and energy homeostasis in humans via two G-protein-coupled receptor subtypes, termed as GPR7 and GPR8. Rodents express GPR7 only...
- Development of a prefabricated treatment plant for diluted pig wastewaterH J Chen
Department of Environmental Engineering, Fu Hsin Institute of Technology, I Lan, Taiwan
J Environ Sci Health B 34:1009-21. 1999..of the EMMC unit, a prefabricated wastewater treatment plant for 2000 pigs has comparable net present worth (NPW) comparing intermittent aerated biological systems and less operation and maintenance and land requirement than ..
- Left ventricular geometry in pregnancy-induced hypertensionM Vazquez Blanco
Division of Cardiology, Hospital de Clinicas Jose de San Martin, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Hypertens 13:226-30. 2000..to two-dimensionally guided M-mode echocardiography, we compared patients with PIH with normal pregnant women (NPW). Fifty-five women, aged 28.5 +/- 7...
- Effect of estrogen replacement therapy on endothelial function in peripheral resistance arteries in normotensive and hypertensive postmenopausal womenY Higashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Physical Therapy, Institute of Health Sciences, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
Hypertension 37:651-7. 2001..postmenopausal women (HPW, n=57) and compared it with endothelial function in normotensive postmenopausal women (NPW, n=67)...
- Dimensions of the left ventricle, atrium, and aortic root in pregnancy-induced hypertensionM Vazquez Blanco
Division of Cardiology, Hospital de Clinicas Jose de San Martin, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Hypertens 14:390-2. 2001..echocardiography, we studied 95 consecutive patients with PIH, who were compared with 83 normal pregnant women (NPW)...
- G beta association and effector interaction selectivities of the divergent G gamma subunit G gamma(13)B L Blake
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina Neuroscience Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7365, USA
J Biol Chem 276:49267-74. 2001..G gamma(13) contains a C-terminal asparagine-proline-tryptophan (NPW) tripeptide, a hallmark of RGS protein G gamma-like (GGL) domains which dimerize exclusively with G beta(5) ..
- Identification of a neuropeptide modified with bromine as an endogenous ligand for GPR7Ryo Fujii
Discovery Research Laboratories 1, Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Chemical Industries Ltd, 10 Wadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 4293, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:34010-6. 2002..We believe this is the first report on a neuropeptide modified with bromine and have hence named it neuropeptide B. In in vitro assays, bromination did not influence the binding of neuropeptide B to the receptor...
- Identification of neuropeptide W as the endogenous ligand for orphan G-protein-coupled receptors GPR7 and GPR8Yukio Shimomura
Discovery Research Laboratories I and Discovery Research Laboratories II, Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Chemical Industries Limited, 10 Wadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 4293, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:35826-32. 2002..We designated the two ligands neuropeptide W-23 (NPW23) and neuropeptide W-30 (NPW30)...
- T-helper (1) cytokines increase during early pregnancy in women with a history of recurrent spontaneous abortionAbbas Rezaei
Department of Immunology, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Isfahan, Iran
Med Sci Monit 8:CR607-10. 2002..The objective of this study was to assess the role of the Th1 cytokines (IL-2, IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta in this phenomenon, and detection of Th1 cytokines in women with RSA...
- Identification of natural ligands for the orphan G protein-coupled receptors GPR7 and GPR8Stephane Brezillon
Euroscreen, 802 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 278:776-83. 2003..The tissue distribution of prepro-L7 (ppL7) and prepro-L8 (ppL8) was investigated by reverse transcription-PCR...
- Characterization of a family of endogenous neuropeptide ligands for the G protein-coupled receptors GPR7 and GPR8Hirokazu Tanaka
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 9050, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6251-6. 2003..Through EST database searches, we identified a putative paralogous peptide. This peptide, termed neuropeptide W (NPW), also has an N-terminal tryptophan residue...
- Neuropeptide W acts in brain to control prolactin, corticosterone, and growth hormone releaseJennifer R Baker
Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, St Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 South Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Endocrinology 144:2816-21. 2003The endogenous, peptide ligand for the orphan receptors GPR7 and GPR8 was identified to be neuropeptide W (NPW)...
- A role for neuropeptide W in the regulation of feeding behaviorMuhtashan S Mondal
Department of Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical College, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Endocrinology 144:4729-33. 2003b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is a novel hypothalamic peptide that activates the previously described orphan G protein-coupled receptors, GPR7 and GPR8...
- EARLY FLOWERING 5 acts as a floral repressor in ArabidopsisYoo Sun Noh
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 1544, USA
Plant J 38:664-72. 2004..ELF5 encodes a nuclear-targeted protein that is related to the human nuclear protein containing a WW domain (Npw)38-binding protein (NpwBP). Lesions in ELF5 cause early flowering in both long days and short days...
- Identification and cellular localisation of NPW1 (GPR7) receptors for the novel neuropeptide W-23 by [125I]-NPW radioligand binding and immunocytochemistryGurminder Singh
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Level 6, Centre for Clinical Investigation, Box 110, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Brain Res 1017:222-6. 2004..44+/-0.13 nM) for the recently discovered peptide, neuropeptide W (NPW), in rat brain. Binding density was highest in the amygdala (B(max)=149.9+/-13...
- Actions of neuropeptide W in paraventricular hypothalamus: implications for the control of stress hormone secretionMeghan M Taylor
Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 South Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R270-5. 2005b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is produced in neurons located in hypothalamus and brain stem, and its receptors are present in the hypothalamus, in particular in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN)...
- Schwann cell overexpression of the GPR7 receptor in inflammatory and painful neuropathiesPaola F Zaratin
Department of Neurobiology Research, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Milan, Italy
Mol Cell Neurosci 28:55-63. 2005..to opioid and somatostatin receptors, and can be activated by the recently discovered neuropeptides NPB and NPW. This receptor is highly expressed in the nervous system, with suggested roles in neuroendocrine events and pain ..
- G protein receptors 7 and 8 are expressed in human adrenocortical cells, and their endogenous ligands neuropeptides B and w enhance cortisol secretion by activating adenylate cyclase- and phospholipase C-dependent signaling cascadesG Mazzocchi
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Section of Anatomy, University of Padova, Via Gabelli 65, I 35121 Padova, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3466-71. 2005Neuropeptides B and W (NPB and NPW) are regulatory peptides that act via two subtypes of G protein-coupled receptors, named GPR7 and GPR8...
- Injection of neuropeptide W into paraventricular nucleus of hypothalamus increases food intakeAllen S Levine
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R1727-32. 2005b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is an endogenous ligand for G protein-coupled receptor 7 (GPR7). There are two forms of the peptide, designated as neuropeptide W-23 (NPW23) and neuropeptide W-30 (NPW30)...
- Physiology of ghrelin and related peptidesL L Anderson
Department of Animal Science, College of Agriculture, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 3150, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 29:111-44. 2005..Other peptide hormones (i.e., motilin, TRH, PACAP, GnRH, leptin, FMRF amide, galanin, NPY, NPW) from gut, brain and other tissues also play a role in modulating GH secretion in livestock and lower vertebrate ..
- Neuropeptide B-deficient mice demonstrate hyperalgesia in response to inflammatory painMichele A Kelly
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9942-7. 2005Neuropeptide B (NPB) and neuropeptide W (NPW) have been recently identified as ligands for the G protein-coupled receptor (GPR) 7 and GPR8. The precise in vivo role of this neuropeptide-receptor pathway has not been fully demonstrated...
- Neuropeptide W as a stress mediator in the hypothalamusMichio Niimi
Department of Medical Technology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Kagawa Prefectural College of Health Sciences, Kagawa, Japan
Endocrine 27:51-4. 2005b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) was isolated and found to be an endogenous peptide ligand for the orphan receptors GPR7 and GPR8. Centrally administered NPW caused a dose-dependent increase in corticosterone levels in rats...
- Physical activity and mood during pregnancyMelanie S Poudevigne
Clayton State University, Office of Health Care Management, Morrow, GA 30260, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:1374-80. 2005..To compare three physical activity (PA) measures in pregnant women and examine mood correlates of physical activity changes during pregnancy...
- Neuropeptides B and W enhance the growth of human adrenocortical carcinoma-derived NCI-H295 cells by exerting MAPK p42/p44-mediated proliferogenic and antiapoptotic effectsPaola G Andreis
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Section of Anatomy, University of Padua, I 35121 Padua, Italy
Int J Mol Med 16:1021-8. 2005Neuropeptides B and W (NPB and NPW) are endogenous ligands of two G protein-coupled receptors, named GPR7 and GPR8...
- Neuropeptide W is present in antral G cells of rat, mouse, and human stomachM S Mondal
Department of Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical College, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
J Endocrinol 188:49-57. 2006b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is a 30-amino-acid peptide initially isolated from the porcine hypothalamus as an endogenous ligand for the G protein-coupled receptors GPR7 and GPR8...
- Nasopharyngeal versus oropharyngeal sampling for isolation of potential respiratory pathogens in adultsDavid Lieberman
Pulmonary Unit, Soroka Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Clin Microbiol 44:525-8. 2006..Each participant was sampled by oropharyngeal swab (OPS), nasopharyngeal swab (NPS), and nasopharyngeal washing (NPW)...
- Performance of a novel collimator for high-sensitivity brain SPECTGeorges El Fakhri
Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Med Phys 33:209-15. 2006..The nonprewhitening matched filter signal-to-noise ratio (NPW-SNR) was computed as a surrogate for human performance in detecting spherical lesions...
- Investigation of time-of-flight benefit for fully 3-D PETSuleman Surti
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 25:529-38. 2006..Detectability for 10-mm diameter hot spheres estimated using a nonprewhitening matched filter (NPW SNR) also improves nonlinearly with TOF...
- A study of the rat neuropeptide B/neuropeptide W system using in situ techniquesValerie R Jackson
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 4625, USA
J Comp Neurol 497:367-83. 2006In the rat, the neuropeptide B/neuropeptide W (NPB/NPW) system is composed of two ligands, neuropeptide B (NPB) and neuropeptide W (NPW), and one receptor, GPR7...
- G protein-coupled receptors in regulation of body weightHelgi B Schioth
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 593, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 5:241-9. 2006..bombesin, cholecystokinin (CCK), Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) (and oxyntomodulin), neuropeptide B (NPB) and neuropeptide W (NPW), opioids peptides, free fatty acid (FFA) receptors (GPR40, GPR41)...
- Neuropeptide B and W: neurotransmitters in an emerging G-protein-coupled receptor systemGurminder Singh
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Centre for Clinical Investigation, Box 110, Level Six, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Pharmacol 148:1033-41. 2006..Neuropeptide B (NPB) and W (NPW) have recently been identified as the cognate endogenous ligands for the orphan receptor GPR7, now designated as ..
- The Internet as a source of drugs of abuseRobert F Forman
Alkermes, 88 Sidney Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 8:377-82. 2006..b>NPW monitoring studies have focused primarily on the availability of prescription opioid medications, although many ..
- Cardiovascular actions of central neuropeptide W in conscious ratsNanshou Yu
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake cho, Miyazaki gun, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Regul Pept 138:82-6. 2007b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is a novel hypothalamic peptide that activates the orphan G protein-coupled receptors, GPR7 and GPR8. Two endogenous molecular forms of NPW that consist of 23- and 30-amino acid residues were identified...
- Immunofluorescent identification of neuropeptide B-containing nerve fibers and terminals in the rat hypothalamusStefan Schulz
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 411:67-71. 2007Neuropeptide B (NPB) and the structurally related neuropeptide W (NPW) have recently been identified as the endogenous ligands of the orphan G protein-coupled receptors GPR7 and GPR8...
- Effects of neuropeptides B and W on the rat pituitary-adrenocortical axis: in vivo and in vitro studiesAnna Hochol
Department of Histology and Embryology, Poznan School of Medicine, PL 60781 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Med 19:207-11. 2007..Evidence has been provided that NPB and NPW act on both the central and the peripheral branches of the rat hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis, and we ..
- Neuropeptide W exerts a potent suppressive effect on blood leptin and insulin concentrations in the ratMarcin Rucinski
Department of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 60 781 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Med 19:401-5. 2007..The other, neuropeptide W (NPW), has been identified in two molecular forms of 23 and 30 amino acids (NPW23 and NPW30), respectively...
- Effects of intracerebroventricular administration of neuropeptide W30 on neurons in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in the conscious ratNan Shou Yu
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake cho, Miyazaki gun, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Neurosci Lett 415:140-5. 2007..b>NPW has been reported to be an important stress mediator in the central nervous system that modulates the hypothalamus-..
- Anaemia in pregnant, postpartum and non pregnant women in Lak district, Daklak province of VietnamLieu Thi Thuy Trinh
Centre for Health Services Research, University of Sydney and Western Sydney Area Health Service, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 16:310-5. 2007To determine anaemia prevalence and related factors in pregnant women (PW), post partum women (PPW) and non pregnant women (NPW) in a remote mountainous district.
- Neuropeptide W in the rat pancreas: potentiation of glucose-induced insulin release and Ca2+ influx through L-type Ca2+ channels in beta-cells and localization in isletsKatsuya Dezaki
Department of Physiology, Division of Integrative Physiology, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Yakushiji 3311 1, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Regul Pept 145:153-8. 2008b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is a regulatory peptide that acts via two subtypes of G protein-coupled receptors, GPR7 and GPR8. Evidence has been provided that NPW is involved in the central regulation of energy homeostasis and feeding behavior...
- Neuropeptide W is expressed in the noradrenalin-containing cells in the rat adrenal medullaMayumi Seki
Department of Anatomy, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Regul Pept 145:147-52. 2008b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is an endogenous ligand for GPR7, a member of the G-protein-coupled receptor family...
- Expression of neuropeptide W in rat stomach mucosa: regulation by nutritional status, glucocorticoids and thyroid hormonesJorge E Caminos
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Regul Pept 146:106-11. 2008b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is a recently identified neuropeptide that binds to G-protein-coupled receptor 7 (GPR7) and 8 (GPR8). In rodent brain, NPW mRNA is confined to specific nuclei in hypothalamus, midbrain and brainstem...
- Ontogeny of a new enteric peptide, neuropeptide W (NPW), in the developing rat stomachMuhtashan S Mondal
Division of Neurology, Respirology, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Regul Pept 145:141-6. 2008b>Neuropeptide W (NPW), a novel endogenous peptide for G protein-coupled receptors GPR7 and GPR8, is expressed in the gastric antral mucosa of rat, mouse, and human stomachs...
- Pertussis is under diagnosed in infants hospitalized with lower respiratory tract infection in the pediatric intensive care unitDavid Greenberg
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Med Sci Monit 13:CR475-480. 2007..To determine the rate of pertussis in infants aged <1 year hospitalized at the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) with lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI) and to characterize the clinical aspects of these patients...
- The NPB/NPW neuropeptide system and its role in regulating energy homeostasis, pain, and emotionMari Hondo
Department of Molecular Neuroscience and Integrative Physiology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Results Probl Cell Differ 46:239-56. 2008Neuropeptide B (NPB) and neuropeptide W (NPW) are neuropeptides that were recently identified as endogenous ligands for the previously orphan G-protein coupled receptors, GPR7 (NPBWR1) and GPR8 (NPBWR2)...
- Neuropeptide W influences the excitability of neurons in the rat hypothalamic arcuate nucleusChristopher J Price
Department of Physiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ont, Canada
Neuroendocrinology 88:88-94. 2008b>Neuropeptide W (NPW) is a ligand of the recently deorphaned receptor GPR7. Intracerebroventricular injection of this peptide results in reduced serum growth hormone concentration...
- Nordic poles immediately improve walking distance in patients with intermittent claudicationC Oakley
Centre for Sport and Exercise Science, Sheffield Hallam University, Collegiate Crescent Campus, Sheffield, S10 2BP, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:689-94; discussion 695-6. 2008To investigate the immediate effects of Nordic pole walking (NPW) on walking distance and cardiopulmonary workload in patients with intermittent claudication.
- Experimental evaluation of a simple lesion detection task with time-of-flight PETS Surti
Department of Radiology, The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Phys Med Biol 54:373-84. 2009..was estimated for 10 mm diameter lesions using a non-prewhitening matched filter signal-to-noise-ratio (NPW SNR) as the metric...
- Oxidative stress in small-for-gestational age (SGA) term newborns and their mothersSnjezana Gveric-Ahmetasevic
Division of Neonatology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Hospital Center Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Free Radic Res 43:376-84. 2009..Blood samples of mothers were also collected and compared with blood of 29 normal non-pregnant women (NPW)...
- Gnao1 (G alphaO protein) is a likely genetic contributor to variation in physical dependence on opioids in miceB Kest
Department of Psychology and Center for Developmental Neuroscience, The College of Staten Island, City University of New York, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Neuroscience 162:1255-64. 2009..frequencies--a sensitive and widely used index of withdrawal magnitude--during naloxone-precipitated withdrawal (NPW). Jumping frequencies of B6 mice were more than threefold greater than values obtained in A/J mice...
- Neuropeptide W has cell phenotype-specific effects on the excitability of different subpopulations of paraventricular nucleus neuronesC J Price
Department of Physiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Neuroendocrinol 21:850-7. 2009The administration of the neuropeptide W (NPW) and neuropeptide B (NPB) in rodents has been shown to influence the activity of a variety of autonomic and neuroendocrine systems...
- Identification of respiratory viruses in adults: nasopharyngeal versus oropharyngeal samplingDavid Lieberman
Pulmonary Unit, Soroka Medical Center, Beer Sheva 84101, Israel
J Clin Microbiol 47:3439-43. 2009..Oropharyngeal swabs (OPS), nasopharyngeal swabs (NPS), and nasopharyngeal washings (NPW) were obtained from each participant and were tested for 12 respiratory viruses by a multiplex hydrolysis probes-..
- Neuropeptide B (NPB) and neuropeptide W (NPW) system in cultured rat calvarial osteoblast-like (ROB) cells: NPW and NPB inhibit proliferative activity of ROB cellsAgnieszka Ziolkowska
Department of Histology and Embryology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 60 781 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Med 24:781-7. 2009..Classic RT-PCR technique revealed the presence of ppNPB mRNA, ppNPW mRNA, and NPBWR1 mRNA, but not similar to NPBWR2 mRNA in ROB cells...
- Distribution of neuropeptide W in the rat brainFumiko Takenoya
Department of Anatomy, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Neuropeptides 44:99-106. 2010b>Neuropeptide W (NPW), which was recently isolated from the porcine hypothalamus, has been identified as the endogenous ligand of the orphan G protein-coupled receptors GPR7 (NPBWR1) and GPR8 (NPBWR2)...
- Increased physical activity cosegregates with higher intake of carbohydrate and total calories in a subcongenic mouse strainK Ganesh Kumar
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA, 70808 4124, USA
Mamm Genome 21:52-63. 2010..and skeletal muscle revealed differentially expressed genes within the subcongenic region, including neuropeptide W (Npw); glyoxalase I (Glo1); cytochrome P450, family 4, subfamily f, polypeptide 1 (Cyp4f15); phospholipase A2, ..
- Microfluidic platform versus conventional real-time polymerase chain reaction for the detection of Mycoplasma pneumoniae in respiratory specimensElizabeth Wulff-Burchfield
School of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 67:22-9. 2010..We enrolled patients with CAP and extracted DNA from nasopharyngeal wash (NPW) specimens using a biotinylated capture probe and streptavidin-coupled magnetic beads...
- Association of neuropeptide W, but not obestatin, with energy intake and endocrine status in Zucker rats. A new player in long-term stress-feeding interactionsBernard Beck
INSERM, U954, Nutrition, Génétique et Expositions aux Risques Environnementaux NUTRIGENEX, Vandoeuvre, France
Appetite 55:319-24. 2010The aim of this study was to ascertain the roles of neuropeptide W (NPW) and obestatin in feeding and endocrine regulations and their interactions with leptin, corticosterone, and insulin, three key hormones involved in metabolic ..
- Neuropeptide W: a key player in the homeostatic regulation of feeding and energy metabolism?Fumiko Takenoya
Department of Anatomy, Showa University School of Medicine, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1200:162-9. 2010b>Neuropeptide W (NPW), recently isolated from porcine hypothalamus, has been identified as the endogenous ligand for both NPBWR1 (GPR7) and NPBWR2 (GPR8), which belong to the orphan G protein-coupled receptor family...
- Maternal and fetal exposure to pesticides associated to genetically modified foods in Eastern Townships of Quebec, CanadaAziz Aris
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Sherbrooke Hospital Centre, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Reprod Toxicol 31:528-33. 2011..Blood of thirty pregnant women (PW) and thirty-nine nonpregnant women (NPW) were studied. Serum GLYP and GLUF were detected in NPW and not detected in PW...
- Impact of gestational hypertension on left ventricular function and geometric patternKyoung Im Cho
Division of Cardiology, Maryknoll Medical Center, Busan, Korea
Circ J 75:1170-6. 2011..The effect of gestational hypertension on left ventricular (LV) function in previously normotensive young women has not been evaluated...
- Noradrenaline release in rodent tissues is inhibited by interleukin-1β but is not affected by urotensin II, MCH, NPW and NPFFKirsten Schulte
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Biomedical Center, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Pharmacol Rep 63:102-11. 2011..is affected by interleukin-1β and the neuropeptides urotensin II, melanin-concentrating hormone (MCH), neuropeptide W (NPW) and neuropeptide FF (NPFF)...
- Factors for conversion between human and automatic read-outs of CDMAM imagesMichael Figl
Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Medical University of Vienna, Austria A 1090
Med Phys 38:5090-3. 2011..Therefore a software solution based on a nonprewhitening matched filter (NPW) model was developed at the University of Nijmegen...
- Functional analysis reveals the possible role of the C-terminal sequences and PI motif in the function of lily (Lilium longiflorum) PISTILLATA (PI) orthologuesMing Kun Chen
Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan 40227, ROC
J Exp Bot 63:941-61. 2012..In contrast, 35:LMADS9+L8C (with the addition of the 29 amino acids of the LMADS8 C-terminal sequence) or 35S:LMADS9+L8PI (with the addition ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF THE PROLACTIN RELEASING PEPTIDESWillis K Samson; Fiscal Year: 2010..These peptides (prolactin releasing peptide, PrRP;neuropeptide W, NPW;and neuropeptide B, NPB) are produced in separate populations of neurons in brain, many of which ..
- Opioid medications without prescriptions on the internetDOUGLAS MARLOWE; Fiscal Year: 2006..The development of reliable NPW monitoring methods, the development of basic knowledge about NPWs, and the assessment of their role in un-..
- SUCROSE AND/OR FAT INGESTION EFFECT ON OPIOIDSAllen Levine; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments address how much food must be eaten (volume, time spent eating etc.) before naloxone administration decreases feeding. ..
- Thick scintillation detector with continuous positioning & DOI capability for PETSuleman Surti; Fiscal Year: 2008..Hence, thick continuous detectors have the potential to significantly impact the clinical imaging situation and the resultant patient treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..