Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NPPA
Description: natriuretic peptide A
Alias: ANF, ANP, ATFB6, ATRST2, CDD, CDD-ANF, CDP, PND, natriuretic peptides A, atriopeptin, cardiodilatin-related peptide, cardionatrin, natriuretic peptide precursor A variant 1, prepronatriodilatin
Publications414 found, 100 shown here
- N-terminal fragments of the proatrial natriuretic peptide in patients before and after hemodialysis treatmentM Franz
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vienna, Austria
Kidney Int 58:374-83. 2000Fragments derived from the prohormone of alpha-human atrial natriuretic peptide (alpha-ANP) in patients with cardiac failure are more closely related to the disease state than intact alpha-ANP.
- Fine structural and immunohistochemical localization of cardiac hormones (ANP) in the right atrium and hypothalamus of the white ratHany E S Marei
Department of Cytology and Histology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Eur J Morphol 40:37-41. 2002Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is a polypeptide hormone secreted primarily by atrial myoendocrine cells. It has diuretic, natriuretic and vasorelaxant effects...
- Association of common variants in NPPA and NPPB with circulating natriuretic peptides and blood pressureChristopher Newton-Cheh
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nat Genet 41:348-53. 2009We examined the association of common variants at the NPPA-NPPB locus with circulating concentrations of the natriuretic peptides, which have blood pressure-lowering properties...
- ANP inhibits TNF-alpha-induced endothelial MCP-1 expression--involvement of p38 MAPK and MKP-1Nina C Weber
Department of Pharmacy, University of Munich, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 74:932-41. 2003Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) has been shown to reduce tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)-induced activation of endothelial cells via inhibition of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) and nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB ..
- Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 attenuates atrial natriuretic peptide secretionXiaoyin Shan
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Biochemistry 47:10041-8. 2008..from tissue of a failing human heart, we have discovered that the precursor of ANP, natriuretic peptide precursor (NPPA), physically interacts with the N-terminus of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 (ASK1), a kinase believed to be ..
- Raised natriuretic peptides, big-endothelin-1 and improved beta-cell function in type 2 diabetic males with hyperuricaemiaMichel P Hermans
Endocrinology and Nutrition Unit, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Diab Vasc Dis Res 6:190-3. 2009..In T2DM males, hyperuricaemia is associated with raised neurohormones together with better beta-cell indices. Urate's dual properties may translate into beneficial (glucose homeostasis) and detrimental (raised neurohormones) effects...
- Association of the ScaI atrial natriuretic peptide gene polymorphism with nonfatal myocardial infarction and extent of coronary artery diseaseMarcin Gruchala
First Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Am Heart J 145:125-31. 2003There is growing evidence from recent studies that atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) plays an important part in coronary blood flow regulation and in atherosclerosis...
- Atrial natriuretic peptide gene polymorphisms and risk of ischemic stroke in humansSperanza Rubattu
IRCCS Neuromed, Localita Camerelle, 86077 Pozzilli, Italy
Stroke 35:814-8. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the contributory role of the genes encoding atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and type A natriuretic peptide receptor (NPRA) in humans' susceptibility to develop ischemic stroke.
- Atrial natriuretic peptide stabilityRonald Zolty
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Clin Biochem 41:1255-8. 2008Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is a key regulator in the homeostasis of water excretion and has emerged as an important prognostic marker for symptomatic chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Atrial natriuretic peptide frameshift mutation in familial atrial fibrillationDenice M Hodgson-Zingman
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
N Engl J Med 359:158-65. 2008..Circulating chimeric atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) was detected in high concentration in subjects with the mutation, and shortened atrial action potentials were seen ..
- A review of the role of atrial natriuretic peptide gene polymorphisms in hypertension and its sequelaeAmy I Lynch
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 11:35-42. 2009The natriuretic peptide precursor A (NPPA) gene, found on chromosome 1p36, encodes the precursor from which atrial natriuretic polypeptide (ANP) is derived...
- Endothelial markers may link kidney function to cardiovascular events in type 2 diabetesChristina Maier
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Hospital Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Diabetes Care 32:1890-5. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of stable fragments of the precursors of adrenomedullin, endothelin-1, vasopressin, and atrial natriuretic peptide in progression of cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes...
- Reactive oxygen species-mediated effects on vascular remodeling induced by human atrial natriuretic peptide T2238C molecular variant in endothelial cells in vitroStefania Scarpino
Department of Cytology and Histology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Ospedale S Andrea, Italy
J Hypertens 27:1804-13. 2009T2238C ANP (atrial natriuretic peptide) gene variant has been associated with increased cardiovascular risk in humans and with a significant pharmacogenomic effect on cardiovascular disease outcome in hypertensive patients...
- Decompensated heart failure is associated with reduced corin levels and decreased cleavage of pro-atrial natriuretic peptideUzoma N Ibebuogu
Cardiovascular Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Circ Heart Fail 4:114-20. 2011By promoting salt and water excretion, the corin and the atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) system should help to maintain fluid balance in heart failure...
- Implication of microRNAs in atrial natriuretic peptide and nitric oxide signaling in vascular smooth muscle cellsKumar U Kotlo
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 301:C929-37. 2011..Nitric oxide (NO) and atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) are potent vasorelaxants whose actions are mediated through receptor guanylyl cyclases and cGMP-dependent protein ..
- A genetic variant of the atrial natriuretic peptide gene is associated with cardiometabolic protection in the general communityValentina Cannone
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:629-36. 2011We sought to define the cardiometabolic phenotype associated with rs5068, a genetic variant of the atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) gene.
- Low plasma level of atrial natriuretic peptide predicts development of diabetes: the prospective Malmo Diet and Cancer studyMartin Magnusson
Departments of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Ent 35, Floor 2, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:638-45. 2012..have shown lower plasma levels of N-terminal pro-natriuretic peptide levels [N-terminal atrial natriuretic peptide (N-ANP) and N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide (N-BNP)] in patients with insulin resistance, obesity, and diabetes.
- Influence of rs5065 atrial natriuretic peptide gene variant on coronary artery diseaseEmanuele Barbato
Cardiovascular Center Aalst, OLV Clinic, Aalst, Belgium
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:1763-70. 2012The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of rs5065 atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) gene variant on coronary artery disease (CAD) and its outcomes and to gain potential mechanistic insights on the association with CAD.
- The atrial natriuretic peptide genetic variant rs5068 is associated with a favorable cardiometabolic phenotype in a Mediterranean populationValentina Cannone
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Diabetes Care 36:2850-6. 2013We hypothesized that the minor allele of the atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) genetic variant rs5068 is associated with a favorable cardiometabolic phenotype in a general Mediterranean population.
- Atrial natriuretic peptide is negatively regulated by microRNA-425Pankaj Arora
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Invest 123:3378-82. 2013..Population studies have revealed that the variant rs5068 (A/G) in the 3' untranslated region of NPPA, the gene encoding atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), is associated with blood pressure...
- Atrial natriuretic peptide genetic variant rs5065 and risk for cardiovascular disease in the general community: a 9-year follow-up studyValentina Cannone
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Guggenheim 915, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905
Hypertension 62:860-5. 2013We analyzed the phenotype associated with the atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) genetic variant rs5065 in a random community-based sample...
- Association between the atrial natriuretic peptide rs5065 gene polymorphism and the presence and severity of coronary artery disease in an Iranian populationShayan Ziaee
Department of Pathology, Tehran Heart Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Coron Artery Dis 25:242-6. 2014The atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) gene expression and some of its related single-nucleotide polymorphisms have been well established as a characterized biomarker of cardiovascular diseases...
- Receptor selectivity of natriuretic peptide family, atrial natriuretic peptide, brain natriuretic peptide, and C-type natriuretic peptideS Suga
Department of Medicine, Kyoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Endocrinology 130:229-39. 1992..of the natriuretic peptide system, which comprises at least three endogenous ligands, atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), and C-type natriuretic peptide (CNP), and three receptors, the ANP-A receptor or ..
- Gene structure of human cardiac hormone precursor, pronatriodilatinM Nemer
Nature 312:654-6. 1984..and smooth muscle relaxant activities in rat and human atria; these peptides were named atrial natriuretic factor (ANF)...
- Polymorphisms in the hANP (human atrial natriuretic peptide) gene, albuminuria, and hypertensionM Nannipieri
Department of Internal Medicine and Metabolism Unit of the CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, University of Pisa School of Medicine, Pistoia, Italy
Hypertension 37:1416-22. 2001Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) jointly affects kidney function and blood pressure homeostasis and is a candidate susceptibility gene for both essential hypertension and kidney disease...
- Association of common variants in NPPA and NPPB with blood pressure does not translate into kidney damage in a general population studySuliya Maimaitiming
INSERM, U695, Paris, France
J Hypertens 28:1230-3. 2010..rs5068 and rs632793 in the natriuretic peptide precursor A-B gene region [encoding atrial natriuretic peptides (ANP) and brain natriuretic peptides (BNP)] have been recently associated with ANP and BNP plasma concentrations and ..
- Conversion of glyceryl trinitrate to nitric oxide in tolerant and non-tolerant smooth muscle and endothelial cellsD Salvemini
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, Charterhouse Square, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:162-9. 1993..Sodium nitroprusside (80 JAM) or atrial natriuretic factor (ANF, I0- M) increased the levels of cyclic GMP in normal or tolerant SMC or EC to the same extent...
- Dissociation of cardiac hypertrophy, myosin heavy chain isoform expression, and natriuretic peptide production in DOCA-salt ratsN Yokota
University of Ottawa Heart Institute Research Centre, Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Am J Hypertens 8:301-10. 1995..cardiac hypertrophy, myosin heavy chain (MHC) isoform expression, and production of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) before and after the development of DOCA-salt hypertension...
- Pharmacological features of the vasodilation induced by tertatolol in isolated perfused rat kidneysT J Verbeuren
University of Antwerp, Department of Medicine, Wilrijk, Belgium
Am J Hypertens 2:219S-222S. 1989..of cyclic guanosine monophosphate; in this respect, the renal effects of tertatolol and atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) are different...
- Inhibition of goby posterior intestinal NaCl absorption by natriuretic peptides and by cardiac extractsC A Loretz
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo 14260 1300, USA
J Comp Physiol B 166:484-91. 1996..Ventricular extract was more potent than atrial extract on both a per organ and per milligram basis...
- [Atrial natriuretic factor. Current data and future perspectives]J B Michel
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:2111-21. 1990The physiology, the pharmacology and the biochemistry of the atrial natriuretique factor (ANF) have been investigated and documented by numerous studies and works since its discovery and cloning ten years ago...
- Prolonged exercise following diuretic-induced hypohydration effects on fluid and electrolyte hormonesB D Roy
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1 Canada
Horm Metab Res 33:540-7. 2001..13 +/- 1.1 vs. 9.58 +/- 1.6 pg/ml) and atrial natriuretic peptide (alpha-ANP) (11.5 +/- 2.8 vs. 6.33 +/- 1.0 pg/ml). The exercise resulted in increases (p < 0...
- Identification of renal natriuretic peptide receptor subpopulations by use of the non-peptide antagonist, HS-142-1R A Rutherford
Department of Histochemistry, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:931-9. 1994..2. Specific, high affinity 3-([125I]-iodotyrosyl)-rat-ANP-(1-28)([125I]-rANP1-28) binding sites were identified in all three species, localized to glomeruli, inner medulla, ..
- [Neurohormonal profile in aortic valve stenosis]J F Ramirez-Gil
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1001-7. 1993..Plasma concentrations of endothelin 1, atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), arginine vasopressin (AVP), catecholamines, plasma renin activity (PRA), angiotensin II and aldosterone were ..
- In vivo measurement of atrial natriuretic peptide receptors using nuclear imagingR Willenbrock
Centre de Recherche, , , , Canada
Am J Hypertens 5:832-6. 1992We have successfully visualized atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) receptors in vivo using nuclear imaging. 123I-Labelled ANP, injected in green vervet monkeys, was rapidly bound to ANP receptors in the kidneys and lungs...
- Atrial natriuretic factor: neuromodulator of the central nervous system regulation of blood pressureE R Levin
Department of Medicine, Long Beach Veterans Hospital, CA 90822
Am J Hypertens 2:594-8. 1989Extensive examination in the mammalian brain for the presence of atrial natriuretic factors (ANF) has revealed both peptide and receptors specifically distributed throughout the central nervous system...
- Atrial natriuretic factor and the endocrine control of electrolyte homeostasisE Cogan
Department of Internal Medicine, Brugmann University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 46:377-84. 1991The potent diuretic and natriuretic properties of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) suggest that atrial hormones may participate to the regulation of salt and water excretion under physiological conditions...
- [Vasoconstricting effect of endothelin. Interaction with atrial natriuretic factor, sodium nitroprusside, cicletanine and nifedipine]M Auguet
Institut Henri-Beaufour, Le Plessis Robinson, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1169-72. 1989..Atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) (10(-9) M - 10(-8) M), cicletanine (3.10(-5) M - 3...
- [Determination of the atrial natriuretic factor in patients with essential and renovascular hypertension]P Larochelle
, , Canada
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:976-81. 1987We have measured the basal circulating level of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) in hypertensive patients. Plasma ANF concentrations in 101 patients with mild untreated, essential hypertension and in 64 normotensive controls were 14...
- Atrial natriuretic factor in pregnancy-induced hypertension and preeclampsia: increased plasma concentrations possibly explaining these hypovolemic states with paradoxical hyporeninismP Fievet
, CHU Amiens, France
Am J Hypertens 1:16-21. 1988Plasma immunoreactive atrial natriuretic factor 99-126 (ir ANF), plasma volume, plasma renin activity, and plasma aldosterone were measured during pregnancy in 14 normotensive nonpregnant women, 15 normotensive pregnant women, 35 ..
- Defective 3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine decarboxylation to dopamine in hydralazine-treated hypertensive patients may be pyridoxine remediableS Shigetomi
, , Canada
Am J Hypertens 6:33-40. 1993..pulse rate, and renal and plasma catecholamines and their metabolites, as well as plasma atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), cyclic GMP (cGMP), plasma renin activity (PRA), and plasma aldosterone (PA)...
- Modulation of ANF-R2/ANP-C receptors by angiotensin II in vascular smooth muscle cellsA Palaparti
Department of Physiology, , , Canada
Am J Hypertens 9:930-4. 1996In the present studies, we have investigated the modulation of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) receptor of R2 subtype (ANF-R2) coupled to adenylyl cyclase/cAMP signal transduction system by angiotensin II (AII)...
- [Atrial natriuretic factor diminishes the contractility of the cardiac cell in culture]J F Vaxelaire
INSERM U 228, Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:271-3. 1988The hypotensive effect of ANP has been associated with lowered cardiac output...
- Changes in the renin-angiotensin system, exchangeable body sodium, and plasma and atrial content of atrial natriuretic factor during evolution of chronic renal failure in the ratB Jackson
University of Melbourne, Department of Medicine, Austin Hospital, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Am J Hypertens 1:298-300. 1988..system, exchangeable body sodium, and both plasma concentration and atrial content of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) measured sequentially over 4 weeks...
- Acute plasma volume expansion in the untrained alters the hormonal response to prolonged moderate-intensity exerciseB D Roy
Dept. of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, ON, Canada
Horm Metab Res 33:238-45. 2001..05) in plasma vasopressin (AVP), plasma rennin activity (PRA), aldosterone (ALD), atrial naturetic peptide (alpha-ANP), and the catecholamines norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (EPI). PVX blunted the increases (p<0...
- Cardiovascular actions of atrial natriuretic factor in sheep with cardiac failureD G Parkes
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, Parkville, Australia
Am J Hypertens 7:905-12. 1994The present study examines in detail the short-term cardiovascular actions of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) in sheep with experimental low-output cardiac failure...
- Hemodynamic effects of atrial natriuretic factor clearance receptor occupancy in conscious sheepD G Parkes
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, Parkville, Australia
Am J Hypertens 3:829-32. 1990..study examined the hemodynamic actions of a non-guanylate cyclase linked or "clearance" atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) receptor ligand--des[Gln116Ser117Gly118Leu119Gly120] ANF 102-121 (C-ANF 4-23)--in conscious sheep...
- Atrial natriuretic factor. Its possible role in hypertension and congestive heart failureR Dietz
Department of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, West Germany
Am J Hypertens 2:29S-33S. 1989The atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is a circulating peptide, consisting of 24 to 28 amino acids. Atrial natriuretic factor is synthetized in atrial cardiomyocytes and stored in specific cytoplasmatic granules...
- [Systemic and regional hemodynamic effects of a new angiotensin converting enzyme and neutral endopeptidase mixed inhibitor, alatriopril, in the dog]V Richard
VACOMED, IERMP, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, , Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1275-9. 1993..4.24.11; atriopeptidase), responsible for the degradation of the atrial natriuretic factor (ANF)...
- [Left ventricular accumulation of messenger ribonucleic acid coding for the natriuretic atrial factor in various experimental models of cardiac hypertrophy in rats]R Urbain
INSERM U 127, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1089-92. 1989..in the ventricular concentration of the messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) coding for the atrial natriuretic factor (ANF)...
- Atrial natriuretic factor in liver cirrhosis--the influence of volume expansionV Tesar
1st Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czechoslovakia
Horm Metab Res 21:519-22. 1989..Basal concentration of ANF tended to be slightly, but nonsignificantly higher in patients with ascitic liver cirrhosis (5.5 +/- 1...
- Rare renal transcription of the atrial natriuretic factor gene in rats. Demonstration by polymerase chain reactionE Golomb
Hypertension-Endocrine Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Am J Hypertens 6:867-72. 1993Renal synthesis of a peptide homologous to atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) has been demonstrated. The aim of the present study was to determine if transcription of the ANF gene occurs in the kidney...
- Inhibition of the metabolism of atrial natriuretic factor causes diuresis and natriuresis in chronic heart failureD B Northridge
Department of Cardiology, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, Scotland
Am J Hypertens 3:682-7. 1990Atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is a peptide hormone secreted by the heart that is degraded in vivo by endopeptidase 24:11 (atriopeptidase)...
- Renal effects of immersion in essential hypertension. Carvedilol Study GroupP Larochelle
Centre de Recherche, , , Canada
Am J Hypertens 7:120-8. 1994Plasma concentrations of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) have been reported to be unchanged or increased in patients with essential hypertension...
- Association study between the ANF gene and hypertension in a Gulf Arab populationP M Frossard
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Am J Hypertens 10:1308-10. 1997..studied an insertion/deletion (I/D) dimorphism located in the second intron of the human atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) gene among 232 United Arab Emirates (UAE) nationals (112 normotensives and 120 hypertensives) from the Abu Dhabi ..
- [Atrial natriuretic factor, catecholamines and the renin-angiotensin system in cardiac insufficiency. Relation to hemodynamic parameters]M Komajda
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:845-53. 1988Plasma concentrations of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), catecholamines (adrenaline, noradrenaline, dopamine) and aldosterone, and plasma renin activity (PRA) were measured in a group of 20 patients with moderate to medium heart failure ..
- The atrial peptide system in cardiac diseaseJ C Burnett
Department of Medicine, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Am J Hypertens 1:410S-420S. 1988Atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is a peptide hormone of cardiac origin, released in response to atrial distention, that increases sodium excretion, inhibits the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone (RAA) system, and decreases arterial pressure...
- Dissociation of hemodynamic and renal effects of i.v. alpha-hANF (99-126) in conscious calvesU Windberger
, , Austria
Horm Metab Res 25:259-63. 1993..We administered 200 micrograms, 400 micrograms and 800 micrograms ANF at hourly intervals. Immediately (+2 min) after the i.v...
- Natriuretic hormones in young hypertensives and in young normotensives with or without a family history of hypertensionA Musca
Institute of I Clinica Medica, Andrea Cesalpino Foundation, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Am J Hypertens 5:592-9. 1992The behavior of plasma atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and digoxin-like substance (DLS), and the daily urinary excretion of kallikrein (uKK) were evaluated in young hypertensives and in young normotensives with or without a family ..
- [Effect of sinorphan, an endopeptidase inhibitor on severe congestive cardiac insufficiency]J Varin
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1465-71. 1991..of enkephalinases or endopeptidases 24-11, enzymes implicated in the degradation of the atrial natriuretic factor (ANF). In healthy volunteers, it increases plasma concentrations of endogenic ANF and increases diuresis and natriuresis...
- [Sequential study of the plasmatic atrial natriuretic factor and the urinary excretion of an ouabain displacing factor and of dopamine in normotensive pregnant women before and after labor]N el Esper
, CHRU, , Amiens, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1057-61. 1989..Simultaneous estimation of plasma 99-126 atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), plasma renin activity (PRA) and plasma aldosterone were also undertaken...
- Effect of hypoxic exercise on atrial natriuretic factor and aldosterone regulationD L Lawrence
Medical Service, William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin 53705
Am J Hypertens 4:341-7. 1991To evaluate the possible physiologic role of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) in the observed dissociation of aldosterone secretion from the renin-angiotensin system during hypoxic exercise, 12 untrained men, ages 18 to 24, were studied ..
- [Correlations between plasma concentrations of atrial natriuretic factor and right ventricular function in patients with severe cardiac failure]J F Arnal
Service de cardiologie, , Boulogne
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:45-52. 1992The atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is secreted by the atria in mild and moderate cardiac failure but, during the evolution of the cardiac failure, the ventricles are also recruited and secrete ANF...
- [Effects of phenylephrine on atrial natriuretic factor and the renin-aldosterone axis in normal patients and essential hypertensive patients]J Closas
, , Canada
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:75-8. 1988..With the new knowledge concerning the atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), it seemed a strong possibility that in normal subjects phenylephrine infusions should exert its effect through ..
- Arginine vasopressin infusion increases plasma levels of atrial natriuretic factor in humansA Cases
Nephrology Department, , Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Horm Metab Res 24:127-9. 1992..heart hemodynamic evaluation during the study to analyze the effect of this hormone on atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) secretion in humans and to elucidate whether this effect was primary or secondary to the hemodynamic or hormonal ..
- Effect of prolonged infusion of ANF in normotensive and hypertensive monkeysP Hamet
Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, P.Q. Canada
Am J Hypertens 2:690-5. 1989It is now recognized that bolus and short-term infusions of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) into different species lead to a slight and transient decrease of blood pressure, while prolonged infusions cause a significant blood pressure ..
- Atrial natriuretic factor modulates the plasma levels of a Na+/K+ATPase inhibitor in volume expanded borderline hypertensivesC Borghi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Bologna, Italy
Am J Hypertens 4:618-22. 1991To evaluate the existence of a relationship between atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and plasma Na+/K+ATPase inhibitory activity in humans, we examined the hemodynamic and humoral response to volume expansion in 41 borderline hypertensive ..
- The atrial natriuretic factor hormonal system in the regulation of sodium excretion in dogs with experimental heart failureD Villarreal
Department of Physiology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia 65212
Am J Hypertens 3:707-10. 1990..and aldosterone both in normal dogs (n = 5), and in AV fistula dogs (n = 5) with chronic high circulating levels of ANF. Plasma iANF did not change (P greater than .05) in either group...
- [Interaction of atrial natriuretic factor and cicletanine in relation to contractions induced by endothelin and phenylephrine on the isolated rat aorta]M Auguet
Institut Henri-Beaufour/IPSEN, Le Plessis-Robinson, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:59-62. 1989The interaction between cicletanine (CIC) and atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) on vessels was studied using the isolated rat aorta as model...
- [Variations in the plasma concentrations of atrial natriuretic factor and endogenous digitalis compounds during acute volume expansion in the conscious rat]M Morris
INSERM U 7, , , Paris, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:105-8. 1988Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and Na+ pump inhibitor (digitalis-like substance, DLS) have both been proposed to participate in body sodium and water homeostasis...
- Renal and hemodynamic effects of atrial natriuretic peptide infusion are not mediated by peripheral dopaminergic mechanismsM Castellano
Am J Hypertens 4:385-8. 1991..in the action of atrial natriuretic peptides was investigated in 10 subjects by administering 200 micrograms h-ANP 99-126 intravenously for 30 min during treatment with 50 mg carbidopa, a peripheral inhibitor of dopamine synthesis,..
- Effect of 4-hour hyperglycaemia and hyperinsulinaemia on plasma atrial natriuretic factor concentrationsT Baba
, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 27:95-9. 1995To elucidate the mechanism behind the increased plasma atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) reported in Type 1 diabetic patients with glomerular hyperfiltration and incipient nephropathy, we studied the effects of a short-term moderate ..
- [Changes in plasma atrial natriuretic factor, plasma and urinary cyclic GMP during exercise in coronary patients and healthy subjects]P Y Baudouy
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:479-87. 1993The concentrations of plasma ANF and plasma and urinary cyclic GMP were measured at rest and during exercise in 12 normal subjects (reference group) and 20 patients with coronary artery disease (coronary group)...
- [Effect of beta-adrenergic receptors blockade on auricular natriuretic factor, aldosterone and renine blood activity during physical exercise]P Bouissou
ARPE-INSERM U 296,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1241-3. 1989..Plasma reinin activity (PRA), aldosterone (ALD), atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), and kalemia (K+) were measured at rest (R) and during exercise until exhaustion (E)...
- [Evaluation of urinary excretion of cyclic guanosine monophosphate in clinical cardiology]P Y Baudouy
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:777-84. 1991..of levels of urinary excretion of cyclic GMP (cGMPu), the second messenger of the atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) was studied in different cardiac pathologies in 31 patients (19 males and 12 females, average age 66 +/- 15 years) ..
- [Atrial natriuretic factor. Systemic and regional hemodynamic profile and interaction with the alpha-adrenergic system in pithed SHR rats]C Richer
, , , France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:970-5. 1987The hemodynamic effects of ANF (1 and 5 micrograms/kg/min) and its potential interactions with the sympathetic system were investigated at the systemic and regional (pulsed Doppler) levels in the pithed SHR...
- Atrial natriuretic factor during percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplastyP C Chenu
Division of Cardiology, University of Louvain, University Hospital of Mont Godinne, Yvoir
Acta Cardiol 46:595-603. 1991To study the release of plasma atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and to explain the mechanism underlying its increase during myocardial ischemia, we measured plasma ANF and mean pulmonary capillary wedge pressure (PCW) before, during and ..
- [Atrial natriuretic factor and cardiac insufficiency]M Komajda
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:473-7. 1992The atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is a vasodilating and natriuretic peptide. In experimental and human cardiac failure, plasma ANF concentrations are increased...
- Cardiac tumors and dysrhythmias in transgenic miceM E Steinhelper
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724
Toxicol Pathol 18:464-9. 1990Transgenic mice expressing atrial natriuretic factor-SV40 T-antigen fusion genes (ANF-TAG) developed cardiac tumors asymmetrically in the right atrium...
- Plasma levels of atrial natriuretic factor in moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea syndromeC C Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Sleep 16:37-9. 1993To evaluate atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) secretion during sleep in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS), plasma ANF was measured every 3 hours before and after effective nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment in ..
- Focal ellipsoid deposits in the atrial myocytes of Syrian hamsterJ Gilloteaux
Department of Anatomy, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown 44272
Ultrastruct Pathol 18:221-7. 1994..have also been described in other rodents and have been speculated eventually to contain atrial natriuretic factor (ANF)...
- Chronotropic and inotropic effects of atrial peptides on the isolated systemic heart of Octopus vulgarisC Agnisolo
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Generale ed Ambientale, , Italy
J Comp Physiol B 158:637-41. 1989..and inotropic effects of four atrial peptides (cardiodilatin 1-16, atrial natriuretic factor 8-33 and atriopeptin I and III) on the isolated systemic heart of Octopus vulgaris were studied...
- Plasma insulin levels do not change during atrial natriuretic factor infusion in human essential hypertensivesC Ferri
University of Rome La Sapienza, Institute of I Clinica Medica, Andrea Cesalpino Foundation, Rome, Italy
Am J Hypertens 4:880-4. 1991In order to evaluate the effects of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) infusion on plasma insulin (IRI) in hypertension, 32 essential hypertensives (aged 40 to 62 years) were studied...
- Atrial and brain natriuretic peptide and endothelin-1 concentration in patients with idiopathic arterial hypertension: the dependence on the selected morphological parametersRobert Irzmanski
Department of Internal Diseases and Cardiological Rehabilitation, University Hospital, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Clin Exp Hypertens 29:149-64. 2007The aim of the work was to study the maintenance of atrial and brain natriuretic peptide (ANP, BNP) and endothelin-1 (ET-1) in patients with idiopathic arterial hypertension and the relationships between cardiac morphological parameters ..
- Atrial natriuretic factor and brain natriuretic peptide gene expression in the spontaneous hypertensive rat during postnatal developmentM L Kuroski de Bold
Department of Pathology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa Civic Hospital, ON, Canada
Am J Hypertens 11:1006-18. 1998The increase in natriuretic peptides (NP), atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) production and release by cardiocytes that occurs in hypertension has been considered to be a compensatory mechanism against ..
- Downregulation of atrial natriuretic peptide ANP-C receptor is associated with alterations in G-protein expression in A10 smooth muscle cellsM B Anand-Srivastava
Department of Physiology, Groupe de Recherche sur le Systeme Nerveux Autonome, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biochemistry 39:6503-13. 2000Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) receptors A and B are guanylyl cyclase receptors, whereas ANP-C receptors are coupled to adenylyl cyclase through inhibitory guanine nucleotide (Gi) protein...
- [Homologous and heterologous regulation of atrial natriuretic factor receptors in smooth muscle cells]P E Chabrier
Institut Henri-Beaufour, Les Ulis France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1249-51. 1989Two subtypes of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) receptors are present in vascular smooth muscle cells: B(biologically active) receptors coupled to a guanylate cyclase and C (clearance) receptors (95 per cent of the total number of ANF ..
- ATP signaling site in the ARM domain of atrial natriuretic factor receptor guanylate cyclaseBeata Burczynska
The Unit of Regulatory and Molecular Biology, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 301:93-107. 2007Atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) receptor guanylate cyclase (ANF-RGC) is a single transmembrane spanning modular protein...
- Immunohistochemical localization of atrial natriuretic factor and autoradiographic distribution of atrial natriuretic factor-binding sites in the brain of the cave salamander Hydromantes genei (Amphibia, Plethodontidae)M Mathieu
Department of Experimental Biology, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 5 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Comp Neurol 437:240-58. 2001The distribution of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF)-like immunoreactivity in the central nervous system of the cave salamander Hydromantes genei (Amphibia, Plethodontidae) was investigated by using antisera raised against rat and human ..
- Atrial natriuretic factor negatively modulates secretin intracellular signaling in the exocrine pancreasMaria E Sabbatini
Cátedras de Fisiopatología, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G349-57. 2007We previously reported that atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) stimulates pancreatic secretion through NPR-C receptors coupled to PLC and potentiates secretin response without affecting cAMP levels...
- Regulation of natriuretic peptide receptors by thyrotropin in FRTL-5 rat thyroid cells: evidence for nonguanylate cyclase atrial natriuretic factor-binding sites in cells lacking the natriuretic peptide receptor CD F Sellitti
Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799, USA
Endocrinology 140:1365-74. 1999..We have previously demonstrated that atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) binding consistent with the NPR-A receptor is significantly increased in FRTL-5 cells cultured in the presence of ..
- Signaling pathways involved in atrial natriuretic factor and dopamine regulation of renal Na+, K+ -ATPase activityAlicia H Correa
Cátedras de Fisiopatología, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, IQUIFIB CONICET, Junín 956 piso 5, 1113 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Regul Pept 138:26-31. 2007Dopamine (DA) and atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) share a number of physiological effects. We hypothesized that ANF and the renal dopaminergic system could interact and enhance the natriuretic and diuretic effects of the peptide...
- Immunoreactive atrial natriuretic peptide and dopamine beta-hydroxylase in myocytes and chromaffin cells of the heart of the African lungfish, Protopterus aethiopicusT H Larsen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Norway
Gen Comp Endocrinol 95:1-12. 1994..heart of the African lungfish, Protopterus aethiopicus, was examined for immunoreactive atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and dopamine beta-hydroxylase (D beta H) as markers for hormone secreting myocytes and chromaffin cells, ..
- Atrial natriuretic factor potentiating and hemodynamic effects of SCH 42495, a new, neutral metalloendopeptidase inhibitorR W Watkins
Schering-Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, NJ 07033-0539
Am J Hypertens 6:357-68. 1993Neutral metalloendopeptidase (NEP) inhibitors delay atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) catabolism and potentiate biological responses to ANF...
- Atrial natriuretic factor stimulates exocrine pancreatic secretion in the rat through NPR-C receptorsMaria E Sabbatini
Catedra de Fisiopatologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junín 956 piso 5, 1113 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G929-37. 2003Increasing evidence supports the role of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) in the modulation of gastrointestinal physiology...
- Immunocytochemical localization of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) in rat female reproductive tract: evidence for a potential hormonal regulationA Russinova
Institute of Experimental Morphology and Anthropology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bonchev str, bl 25, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Biol Cell 94:91-8. 2002In the present studies atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) was characterized immunocytochemically in the reproductive tract of immature female rats, and changes of ANF levels in response to different hormonal conditions were demonstrated...
- Response to atrial natriuretic peptide, endopeptidase 24.11 inhibitor and C-ANP receptor ligand in the ratM R Wilkins
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London
Br J Pharmacol 107:50-7. 19921. The present studies compared the renal and hypotensive response to (a) exogenous atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) (99-126), (b) an endopeptidase-24...
- Atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and ANF receptor C gene expression and localization in the respiratory system: effects induced by hypoxia and hemodynamic overloadP Di Nardo
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Italy
Endocrinology 137:4339-50. 1996Atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and ANF receptor C (ANF...
- NH2-terminal fragment of rat pro-atrial natriuretic factor in the circulation: identification, radioimmunoassay and half-lifeG Thibault
Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Peptides 9:47-53. 1988A radioimmunoassay was developed to measure the NH2-terminal counterpart of rat pro-atrial natriuretic factor (pro-ANF) in plasma. Synthetic rat ANF (Asp 11-Ala 37) coupled to bovine serum albumin was used to immunize New Zealand rabbits...
- Neuromodulatory effects of atrial natriuretic peptides correlate with an inhibition of adenylate cyclase but not an activation of guanylate cyclaseJ G Drewett
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Minnesota Duluth
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 260:689-96. 1992We reported previously that atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) and the ANF clearance receptor binding peptide, C-ANF(4-23)-NH2 (C-ANF), inhibit catecholamine (CA) release from rat, nerve growth factor-treated pheochromocytoma cells (PC12 ..
- Effect of a ring-deleted atrial natriuretic factor analogue on ovine fetal renal and cardiovascular functionR Castro
Department of Pediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine, Torrance
Pediatr Res 29:342-6. 1991The proposed actions of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) are mediated through specific plasma membrane (R1) receptors coupled to guanylate cyclase...
- EXPRESSION AND REGULATION OF ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTORDavid Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2002..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is preferentially expressed in the cardiac atria while brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) expression shows a more ..
- ENDOCRINE REGULATION OF CARDIAC HORMONE EXPRESSIONCHRISTOPHER GLEMBOTSKI; Fiscal Year: 1999The regulation of blood pressure and volume is critically dependent on a number of hormones including ANF (atrial natriuretic factor) and BNP (brain natriuretic peptide)...
- BIOLOGY OF ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTOR AND ITS RECEPTORSThomas Maack; Fiscal Year: 2000The long-term objective of the research is to understand the functions of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), and of its two main receptors...
- RENAL FUNCTION AND BLOOD PRESSURE CONTROL IN PREGNANCYEdmond Quillen; Fiscal Year: 2000..Studies are proposed that will further define mechanisms responsible for the control of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) secretion, the actions of ANF on kidney, the actions of nitric oxide (NO) on the kidney, and both the short and ..
- CONTROL OF ANF PRODUCTION IN HYPERTENSIONBALVIN CHUA; Fiscal Year: 1990Mammalian cardiac atria contain a group of biologically active peptides called atrial natriuretic factor (ANF)...
- NEURAL CONTROL OF ANF IN PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONALEX BAERTSCHI; Fiscal Year: 1993There is a rapidly increasing basic and clinical interest in a better understanding of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) secretion in pulmonary hypertension...
- ENDOCRINE CONTROL OF FETAL CARDIOVASCULAR DYNAMICSCECILIA CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2000In the fetus the cardiac hormone atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is important in the control of cardiovascular function and fluid balance under normal and hypoxic conditions...
- EFFECT OF ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTOR IN HUMANSThomas Ebert; Fiscal Year: 1992..over the past 6 years, the mechanism(s) of the cardiovascular, and renal effects of atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) remain unclear...
- CARDIAC PEPTIDES IN THE CONTROL OF BLOOD VOLUMEJohn Dietz; Fiscal Year: 1993..a potent natriuretic and blood pressure lowering substance which has been termed the atrial natriuretic factor (ANF)...
- ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTORBruce Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 1992Recent investigations have provided considerable evidence showing that 1) atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is secreted by the heart in response to atrial stretch and 2) administration of ANF affects renal salt and water excretion, blood ..
- PACING INDUCED GENE EXPRESSION IN CARDIAC MYOCYTESPatrick McDonough; Fiscal Year: 1999Atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) is a potent endogenous anti-hypertensive hormone derived from cardiac myocytes...
- HYPERTENSION AND ANF EXPRESSION IN TRANSGENIC MICELoren Field; Fiscal Year: 1991..In this study, the relationship between aberrant Atrial Natriuretic Factor (ANF) expression and hypertension will be investigated...
- Genetic Determinants of Hypertensive Heart Disease in CRIDaniel L Dries; Fiscal Year: 2011..describes the ability of the heart to synthesis and release of natriuretic peptides (atrial natriuretic peptide [ANP], brain natriuretic peptide [BNP], and C-type natriuretic peptide [CNP]) in response to pressure or volume overload...
- REGULATION OF ANP RECEPTOR ACTIVITY IN VASCULAR CELLSDavid G Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2011..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and B-type natriuretic peptide (BMP)signal predominantly through the type A natriuretic peptide receptor (NPR-A), ..
- Identifiction of the natriuretic peptide receptor kinaseLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Endogenous hormones called natriuretic peptides combat cardiovascular disease. Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) are released from the heart in response to elevated blood pressure...
- The cardiac protease corin in natriuretic peptide processing and hypertensionQingyu Wu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is a cardiac hormone...
- ATRIAL PEPTIDE REGULATION OF SODIUM TRANSPORTMark Zeidel; Fiscal Year: 1990Atrial natriuretic peptides (ANP) induce large increases in renal sodium excretion. Evidence is accumulating that ANP induces natriuresis in part by directly altering sodium transport in the inner medullary collecting duct (IMCD)...
- ANP RECEPTOR-MEDIATED OF FUNCTIONS IN GLOMERULAR CELLSBARBARA BALLERMANN; Fiscal Year: 1992..The proposed studies seek to determine the function of, and interactions between distinct atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) binding sites in glomerular cells, and to uncover potential abnormalities in ANP binding site regulation or ..
- Nutriuretic Peptides, the Renin-Angiotensin System, and Metabolic Risk in ObesityThomas J Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Assessment ofbiochemial markers of these pathways may identify obese individuals at higher risk of developing cardiovascular risk factors and may suggest novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Functional Interaction of ANP and NO signalingKumar U Kotlo; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies are aimed at examining the molecular and functional interaction of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and nitric oxide (NO) signaling...
- REGULATION OF THE ANP RECEPTOR/GUANYLYL CYCLASEMichael Chinkers; Fiscal Year: 2000..specific aims are to: i) identify the mechanisms regulating the binding of PP5 to the atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) receptor/guanylyl cyclase (GC-A); PP5 is targeted to GC-A and appears to mediate GC-A dephosphorylation and ..
- ANP Receptor: Molecular approach of signaling mechanismsKailash N Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is a cardiac hormone that regulates sodium excretion, fluid volume, and vasorelaxation, important factors in the control of blood pressure and blood volume...
- Role of natriuretic peptides in the ductus arteriosusJOHN JEFFREY REESE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Infants with patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) have increased ANP and BNP levels due to cardiac overload. NP levels normalize soon after PDA treatment...
- Particle-Induced Cardiac Effects in Senescent MiceClarke Tankersley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, we will investigate the role atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and nitric oxide (NO) signaling pathways play in protecting the heart during acute exposures to PM...
- ATRIAL NATRIURETIC PEPTIDE IN RENAL GROWTHROBERT CHEVALIER; Fiscal Year: 1990..mechanisms underlying these changes remain unknown, a recently discovered hormone, atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), may play a major role. This peptide has been shown to increase RBF, GFR, UNaV, and urine flow rate...
- David M Roth; Fiscal Year: 2016..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) has diuretic, natriuretic, and vasodilatory properties that inhibit cardiac hypertrophy...
- Qingyu Wu; Fiscal Year: 2015..Corin is a newly-discovered protease. It converts pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (pro-ANP) to active ANP, a cardiac hormone that regulates blood pressure...
- BIBHASH CHANDRA PARIA; Fiscal Year: 2014..CNP is the third member of the natriuretic peptide (NP) family which also includes atrial- and brain-NPs (ANP and BNP). All NPs act via two types of guanylyl cyclase (GC) receptors, GC-A and GC-B...
- ANP Receptor: Molecular approach of signaling mechanismsKAILASH PANDEY; Fiscal Year: 2009ABSTRACT Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is a cardiac hormone that regulates sodium excretion, fluid volume, and vasorelaxation, important factors in the control of blood pressure and blood volume...
- Inna P Gladysheva; Fiscal Year: 2016..membrane protein, with a serine protease domain that converts the pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (pro-ANP) to active ANP, in addition to frizzled and LRP domains that may interact with ligands to mediate intracellular ..
- Horng H Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..properties of the endogenous NPs, which are mediated by particulate GC receptors, which include GC-A to which ANP and BNP bind and GC-B to which CNP binds...
- Let-7 miRNA control of heart developmentCathy J Hatcher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, we have shown that inhibition of let-7 in chick cultured cardiomyocytes leads to increased Nppa and Gja5 expression, a signature of increased TBX5 activity...
- Physiologic effects of natriuretic peptide genetic variationThomas J Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In preliminary work, we have identified a common genetic variant at the NPPA/NPPB locus associated with resting NP concentrations and blood pressure...
- Exploring Vasomotor Mechanisms using New PKG Inhibitors and cGMP BiosensorsWolfgang R Dostmann; Fiscal Year: 2012..We propose that NO and ANP, which primarily activate sGC and pGC, respectively, create discrete pools of intracellular cGMP, and thus provide ..
- JASON BECKER; Fiscal Year: 2016..between our zebrafish model and a mouse model of HCM, discovered that the cardiac natriuretic peptide genes, nppa and nppb, were robustly induced in both HCM models...
- Kailash N Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2014..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is an endogenous and potent hypotensive hormone that elicits natriuretic, diuretic, vasorelaxant, and ..
- Influence of the Cardiomyocyte Circadian Clock on Cardiac HypertrophyMARTIN ELLIOT YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., anf) to a greater extent when administered to mice at the beginning of the sleep/inactive phase (relative to the ..
- ATP Regulation of Membrane Guanylate CyclaseTeresa Duda; Fiscal Year: 2003Atrial natriuretic peptide family is composed of three members--ANF, BNP and CNP. These are the most hypotensive agents known to date. They work through their receptors, which are also membrane guanylate cyclases...
- ATRIAL PEPTIDES IN NORMAL AND HYPERTENSIVE PREGNANCYMarshall Lindheimer; Fiscal Year: 1990..in response to the RFA on Hypertension in Pregnancy) are to assess the influence of atrial natriuretic- peptides (ANP) on fluid volume, kidney function and blood pressure during normal and hypertensive gestation...
- Epigenetic effects of developmental endocrine disruptor exposure in the ovaryMehmet Uzumcu; Fiscal Year: 2010..studies also suggest that the MXC exposure cause morphological and gene expression alterations in postnatal day (PND) 7 ovary...
- Maha Abdellatif; Fiscal Year: 2016..g. ANF, BNP, alpha skeletal actin, collagen, etc...
- Frederick S vom Saal; Fiscal Year: 2016..number and size, gene expression by qPCR and Next Generation sequencing and DNA methylation in adulthood and on PND 21-28...
- Hulya Bayir; Fiscal Year: 2016..in vitro (stretch injury of neurons) and in vivo models (controlled cortical impact (CCI) model in post-natal day (PND) 17 rats) to clinical pediatric TBI to address the following specific aims: 1) Determine the degree, spatial and ..
- Age-Dependent Role of Bisphenol A in Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver DiseaseAndrew S Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..After birth, the pups will be gavaged directly beginning on postnatal day 1 (PND 1) continuing through PND21 (Cohort 1)...
- Stephen P Ford; Fiscal Year: 2016..In neonatal, altricial rodents a postnatal day (PND) 8 - 21 leptin peak programs balance of orexigenic and anorexigenic hypothalamic centers...
- Developmental arsenic exposure causes obesity, liver disease and hyperglycemia inRebecca J Sommer; Fiscal Year: 2010..whether exposure to 50 or 500 ppb sodium arsenite in maternal drinking water (given 1 week prior to mating until PND 21) induces hepatic and placental oxidative stress, decreased global and gene-specific DNA methylation, and/or ..
- Fabio A Recchia; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Alcohol and Development of the Prefrontal CortexLEON GARLAND COLEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..to histochemically determine the effects of ethanol on post-natal days (PND) 7 and 14 as well as through adolescence (PND28-38) on cell death markers (activated caspase 3 and silver stain) ..
- Protective role of ANP in the models of acute lung injuryAnna Birukova; Fiscal Year: 2013..Increased levels of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) in lung circulation reported in these pathologies suggest its potential role in modulation of lung injury process...
- Leonid Zingman; Fiscal Year: 2016..This peptide is known for its ability to modulate clearance of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) - a potet activator of lipolysis...
- Leucine Type Amino Acid Transport In GliomasMARK MYRON GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..cells demonstrating that anti-[18F]FACBC shows high and selective uptake by the LAT and our in vivo studies with anf/-[18F]FACBC in humans with primary gliomas (n=11) and metastatic brain tumors (n=15) displayed high 6:1 tumor to ..
- Josep O Dalmau; Fiscal Year: 2015..Detection of these antibodies in a patient with neurologic disease of unknown etiology establishes the diagnosis of PND and focuses the search of the tumor to a few organs...
- Hu proteins as novel splicing regulators in neuronsHua Lou; Fiscal Year: 2013..carried out during the previous funding period established the Hu family of paraneoplastic neurologic disease (PND) antigens in neurons as alternative splicing regulators...
- Hu proteins as novel splicing regulators in neuronsHua Lou; Fiscal Year: 2009..carried out during the previous funding period established the Hu family of paraneoplastic neurologic disease (PND) antigens in neurons as alternative splicing regulators...
- COX2-Derived Cyclopentenone Prostaglandins Exacerbate Hypoxic Ischemic Brain InjuRobert W Hickey; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have been able to detect this highly reactive compound by using mass spectrometry in post-natal day 17 (PND 17) rat brains recovering from asphyxial cardiac arrest...
- Katherine T Murray; Fiscal Year: 2014..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is known to form amyloid fibrils, and it is present in isolated atrial amyloidosis, a process that increases with ..
- ELKE LIPKA; Fiscal Year: 2014..The acyclic nucleoside phosphonate (ANP) cidofovir (HPMPC) exhibits therapeutically relevant levels of potency against a wide range of DNA viruses...
- Structural studies of the exocystNEIL VASAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..is critical for transferrin receptor recycling (which is impaired in hemoglobin-deficient anemia), secretion of ANP and other hormones (which are increased in hypertension), and for secretion of insulin and GLUT4 trafficking (which ..
- Advancing Diffusion Tensor Imaging and Analyses for Basic Alcohol ResearchKathleen K Sulik; Fiscal Year: 2010..7th day of gestation, will be examined on their 17th prenatal day (GD 17), or their 45th or 90th postnatal day (PND 45, PND 90) for fiber tract morphology (including microstructural integrity)...
- Effects of Chronic ethanol exposure in male and female adolescents on behavior anCheryl L Kirstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..effects of chronic exposure to experimenter administered ethanol (or saline) during adolescence [postnatal day (PND) 30-50] or adulthood (PND 60-80) in male and female rats...
- Gating mechanism of TRPCs and Orai1 by STIM1 & their role in cardiac hypertrophyJoseph P Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2010..aorta banding (TAB) pressure overload on these KO mice by assaying for nuclear NFAT amounts;RCAN1, p-MHC and ANF mRNA levels;HW/BW ratio;myocyte size and morphology;and cardiac function by echocardiography...
- Role of Microglia in Chronic Visceral PainElie D Al Chaer; Fiscal Year: 2010..levels: 1) it demonstrates microglial activation several months following neonatal colonic insult (at postnatal day PND 120), and 2) it reveals, for the first time, evidence for a microglial role in visceral pain...