Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NOL3
Description: nucleolar protein 3
Alias: ARC, FCM, MYP, NOP, NOP30, nucleolar protein 3, muscle-enriched cytoplasmic protein, nucleolar protein 3 (apoptosis repressor with CARD domain), nucleolar protein of 30 kDa
Publications1198 found, 100 shown here
- Caspase-8 and its inhibitors in RCCs in vivo: the prominent role of ARCSebastian Heikaus
Institute of Pathology, Heinrich Heine University Hospital, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Apoptosis 13:938-49. 2008Activation of the initiator-caspase, caspase-8 is under tight control of multiple antiapoptotic regulators including ARC, cFlip(S), cFlip(L) and PED/PEA-15...
- ARC, an inhibitor of apoptosis expressed in skeletal muscle and heart that interacts selectively with caspasesT Koseki
Departments of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5156-60. 1998We have identified and characterized ARC, apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain (CARD). Sequence analysis revealed that ARC contains an N-terminal CARD fused to a C-terminal region rich in proline/glutamic acid residues...
- Phosphorylation by protein kinase CK2: a signaling switch for the caspase-inhibiting protein ARCPei Feng Li
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell 10:247-58. 2002..Here we report that the function of ARC is regulated by protein kinase CK2. ARC at threonine 149 is phosphorylated by CK2...
- Apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain protects against cell death by interfering with Bax activationAsa B Gustafsson
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:21233-8. 2004..The apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain (ARC) is a protein that is highly expressed in heart and skeletal muscle and has been demonstrated to protect the heart ..
- Inhibition of both the extrinsic and intrinsic death pathways through nonhomotypic death-fold interactionsYoung Jae Nam
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Cell 15:901-12. 2004..Herein we demonstrate that the CARD-containing protein ARC engages in nontraditional death-fold interactions to suppress both extrinsic and intrinsic death pathways...
- Apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain (ARC) is expressed in cancer cells and localizes to nucleiMi Wang
Department of Anatomy and Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
FEBS Lett 579:2411-5. 2005..Expression of ARC in cancers is not known...
- ARC, an apoptosis suppressor limited to terminally differentiated cells, is induced in human breast cancer and confers chemo- and radiation-resistanceI Mercier
Cell Death Differ 12:682-6. 2005
- The apoptosis inhibitor ARC undergoes ubiquitin-proteasomal-mediated degradation in response to death stimuli: identification of a degradation-resistant mutantYoung Jae Nam
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Center, and Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 282:5522-8. 2007..b>ARC (apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain) is an endogenous inhibitor of apoptosis that antagonizes both ..
- Regulation of p53 tetramerization and nuclear export by ARCRoger S Y Foo
Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology, Cardiovascular Research Center, and Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20826-31. 2007..Here, we demonstrate a mechanism for p53 inactivation by apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain (ARC), a protein induced in multiple cancer cells...
- ARC (apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain) is a novel marker of human colon cancerIsabelle Mercier
Department of Cancer Biology and Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cell Cycle 7:1640-7. 2008..b>ARC (Apoptosis Repressor with CARD (caspase recruitment domain)) is an unusual inhibitor of apoptosis in that it ..
- Expression of ARC (apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain), an antiapoptotic protein, is strongly prognostic in AMLBing Z Carter
Section of Molecular Hematology and Therapy, Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 117:780-7. 2011..Apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain (ARC), an antiapoptotic protein originally found to be involved in apoptosis of cardiac cells, was recently demonstrated ..
- Apoptosis inhibitor ARC promotes breast tumorigenesis, metastasis, and chemoresistanceChristina M Medina-Ramirez
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Cancer Res 71:7705-15. 2011..mouse model of breast cancer, in which endogenous ARC is strongly upregulated, deletion of the ARC-encoding gene nol3 decreased primary tumor burden without affecting tumor onset or multiplicity...
- A critical role for the protein apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain in hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertensionAri L Zaiman
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Circulation 124:2533-42. 2011..Apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain (ARC) is an inhibitor of multiple forms of cell death known to be abundantly expressed in striated muscle...
- Calcium binding of ARC mediates regulation of caspase 8 and cell deathDong Gyu Jo
Department of Life Science, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 1 Oryongdong, Bukgu, Gwangju 500 712, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 24:9763-70. 2004Apoptosis repressor with CARD (ARC) possesses the ability not only to block activation of caspase 8 but to modulate caspase-independent mitochondrial events associated with cell death...
- Inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis of melanoma cells by the ARC proteinLi Hua Chen
Immunology and Oncology Unit, Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 68:834-42. 2008..apoptosis was associated with low expression levels of the apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain (ARC) protein that was expressed at relatively high levels in the resistant melanoma cell lines...
- Induction of the apoptosis inhibitor ARC by Ras in human cancersLily Wu
Department of Medicine, Wilf Family Cardiovascular Research Institute, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19235-45. 2010..The promoter of the Nol3 locus, encoding ARC, is activated by N-Ras and H-Ras in a MEK/ERK-dependent manner...
- Risk and surveillance of individuals with heritable factors for colorectal cancer. WHO Collaborating Centre for the Prevention of Colorectal CancerR W Burt
University Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132
Bull World Health Organ 68:655-65. 1990..Screening is also indicated in close relatives of those with nonsyndromic or common colon cancer in view of the moderately increased risk for colon cancer in this group.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Lipid peroxidation and cancer: a critical reconsiderationM U Dianzani
Department of Experimental Medicine and Oncology, University of Turin, Italy
Tumori 75:351-7. 1989..These facts are discussed with reference to a possible biological meaning of the loss of lipid peroxidation in tumors...
- Cellular and molecular aspects of neurocarcinogenesisP Kleihues
Department of Pathology, , Switzerland
Toxicol Pathol 18:193-203. 1990..Following infection of fetal donor cells with a vector encoding the v-myc oncogene, only a single embryonal CNS tumor was observed whereas exposure to v-H-ras produced a low incidence of gliomas.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Failure of acute hyperinsulinemia to alter blood pressure is not due to baroreceptor feedbackJ M Richey
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Am J Hypertens 12:405-13. 1999..A possible mechanism includes feedback regulation by the baroreceptor reflex arc. In normotensive states, hyperinsulinemic-induced sympathetic activation may tend to elevate blood pressure, but ..
- Dissimilar characteristics of N-methyl-N-nitrosourea-initiated foci and tumors promoted by dichloroacetic acid or trichloroacetic acid in the liver of female B6C3F1 miceJ R Latendresse
ManTech Environmental Technology, Toxicology Division, Armstrong Laboratory, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio 45433, USA
Toxicol Pathol 25:433-40. 1997..Such a comparison should give some insight as to whether DCA, TCA, or both are playing a significant role in the murine liver carcinogenesis of the parent compound, TCE...
- The bovine herpesvirus 1 immediate-early protein (bICP0) associates with histone deacetylase 1 to activate transcriptionY Zhang
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Center for Biotechnology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68503, USA
J Virol 75:9571-8. 2001..We hypothesize that the ability of bICP0 to overcome HDAC1-induced repression plays a role in promoting productive infection in highly differentiated cell types...
- Effect of acute and chronic losartan therapy on active and inactive renin and active renin glycoformsJ A Opsahl
School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Hypertens 8:1090-8. 1995..A single 50 mg dose of losartan significantly increased plasma active renin concentration (ARC) from a pretreatment baseline of 3.2 +/- 1.1 to 7.2 +/- 2.3 ng AI/mL/h, 4 h postdose...
- Ability of smooth and rough variants of Mycobacterium avium and M. intracellulare to multiply and survive intracellularly: role of C-mycosidesN Rastogi
, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 270:345-60. 1989..Furthermore, the multiplication of MYC- Rg strain inside macrophages did not result in intracellular selection of MYC+ bacteria, nor in Rg to Sm transition...
- Requirement of protein kinase C zeta for stimulation of protein synthesis by insulinR Mendez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport 71130, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:5184-92. 1997....
- Modulation by central postsynaptic alpha 2-adrenoceptors of the jaw-opening reflex induced by orofacial stimulation in ratsP García-Vallejo
Department of Stomatology, University of the Basque Country, Leioa, Bizkaia
Br J Pharmacol 111:1140-6. 1994..In contrast, the alpha 2-adrenoceptor antagonist ARC-239 (0.3 mg kg-1, i.v.) did not antagonize the effect of clonidine on the reflex. 4...
- Studies on the regulation of malignant phenotype and gene expression in human promyelocytic leukemia cell mutant (HL-60-AR)S P Xue
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing
Sci Sin B 31:1095-108. 1988..These results suggest that some regulatory factors existing in reticulocyte cytoplasm can regulate gene expression and reverse malignant phenotype of leukemia tumor cells...
- Effect of ecteinascidin-743 on the interaction between DNA binding proteins and DNAM Bonfanti
Department of Oncology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Drug Des 14:179-86. 1999..These data suggest that the mode of action of this novel anticancer drug is related to its ability to modify the interaction between some DNA binding proteins and DNA...
- Expression of c-fos and c-myc oncogenes in the P388D1 murine macrophage line treated by immunomodulators: absence of direct correlation with DNA synthesisM M Teyssier
Laboratoire d'Histologie, , CNRS UA 1147, , Paris, France
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:637-55. 1992..Investigations are in progress in order to evaluate the role of these proto-oncogenes on terminal differentiation induced by immunomodulators in this cell line...
- Estrogen-induced ribonuclease activity in Xenopus liverR L Pastori
Department of Pharmacology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
Biochemistry 30:10490-8. 1991..Finally, the polysomal nuclease activity does not degrade double-stranded RNA. We believe the estrogen-induced nuclease activity contains an enzyme(s) that may mediate hormone-regulated changes in mRNA stability in this tissue...
- Oncogenes and tumor suppressor genesG Klein
Department of Tumor Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 27:427-37. 1988..DNA binding proteins, presumably involved in DNA replication may drive cell division after constitutive activation by retroviral insertion, chromosomal translocation or gene amplification (example: the myc-family)...
- Sensitive determination of N-terminal prolyl peptides by high-performance liquid chromatography with laser-induced fluorescence detectionM Ishibashi
Division of Drugs, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
J Chromatogr A 661:105-12. 1994..The detection limits were improved to 2-5 fmol with a microbore column. The detectability was two orders of magnitude higher than with a conventional fluorescence detector using xenon arc lamp.
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy of oncogene localization in rainbow trout cell lines derived from normal and tumor tissueC A Carter
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:339-45. 1996....
- [Molecular mechanisms controlling the proliferation of aortic smooth muscle cells in spontaneously hypertensive rats]J L Paquet
INSERM U 7, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1319-21. 1989..However other molecular processes may be involved, as suggested by the growth inhibition exerted by heparin without any action on PLC activity...
- Activation of the micturition reflex by NK2 receptor stimulation in the anaesthetized guinea-pigM Bushfield
Department of Discovery Biology, Pfizer Central Research, Sandwich, Kent
Br J Pharmacol 115:875-82. 1995..2. Atropine, alpha,beta-methylene-ATP and ganglion blocking agents were used to examine the contribution of reflex arc activation and/or potentiation of efferent mechanisms to the NK2 receptor-mediated responses seen in these two ..
- Surgical treatment of arthrogryposis of the elbowA Van Heest
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota Hospital, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Hand Surg Am 23:1063-70. 1998..The 6 elbow capsulotomies improved from an average preoperative arc of 17 degrees of motion (average extension, -2 degrees; average flexion, 19 degrees) to an average final follow-up ..
- [Mitogenic effect of erythropoietin on cultured aortic myocytes]J Gogusev
INSERM U90, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1051-4. 1994..It could thereby contribute to vascular hypertrophy and arterial hypertension...
- Membrane depolarization was required to induce DNA synthesis in murine macrophage cell line PU5-1.8S K Kong
Department of Biochemistry, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:329-39. 1991..These observations suggest that there is a correlation between membrane depolarization and initiation of DNA synthesis in PU5-1.8 cells. PKC may be acting as a modulator in this transducing pathway...
- Cell-substratum interactions mediate oncogene-induced phenotype of lung cancer cellsL F Barr
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:1149-56. 1996..However, forced suspension of such cells restores the expression of neuroendocrine SCLC features. These studies indicate that cell environment, as much as gene expression events, profoundly affects aspects of the SCLC cell phenotype...
- The growth-inhibitory block of TGF-beta is located close to the G1/S border in the cell cycleD Kletsas
Institute of Biology, N C S R Demokritos, Athens, Greece
Exp Cell Res 217:477-83. 1995....
- Early "simple" release of posttraumatic elbow contracture associated with heterotopic ossificationR W Viola
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle 98104, USA
J Hand Surg Am 24:370-80. 1999..The average time from injury to release was 23 weeks. The mean preoperative arc of flexion/extension was 43 degrees; that of pronation/supination was 79 degrees...
- AIDS: overview and VA updateH D Cohn
Department of Medicine and Surgery, VA Central Office, Washington, D.C. 20420
Yale J Biol Med 60:515-25. 1987..These findings do not include AIDS-related complex (ARC) or other manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Role of three cancer "master genes" p53, bcl2 and c-myc on the apoptotic processV Chiarugi
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Florence, Italy
Tumori 82:205-9. 1996..We believe that knowledge of the functional/molecular interactions between these three genes involved in human cancer is a fundamental prerequisite to improve the knowledge on prognosis and to design innovative therapeutic approaches...
- Increased c-myc oncogene expression in Ewing's sarcoma: correlation with Ki67 proliferation indexM R Sollazzo
Laboratorio di Ricerca Oncologica, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Tumori 85:167-73. 1999..CONCLUSION: These results suggest a possible role of the c-myc oncogene and Ki67 antigen in the malignant progression of Ewing's sarcoma...
- An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using an arc 5 antigen for the diagnosis of cystic hydatid diseaseP R Hira
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 84:157-62. 1990..The antigen used is commercially available, and purified to elicit an arc 5 precipitation line by immunoelectrophoresis (IEP) with sera of patients harbouring hydatid cysts...
- Recovery of transcriptionally active chromatin restriction fragments by binding to organomercurial-agarose magnetic beads. A rapid and sensitive method for monitoring changes in higher order chromatin structure during gene activation and repressionT A Chen Cleland
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021
J Biol Chem 268:23409-16. 1993..Here, we describe the synthesis of mercurated agarose magnetic beads with high capacity for SH groups and test their application to the recovery of chromatin restriction fragments of c-myc and the growth arrest gene gas1...
- Ouabain enhances the mitogenic effect of serum in vascular smooth muscle cellsE Golomb
Hypertension-Endocrine Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Am J Hypertens 7:69-74. 1994..The mitogenic effect of ouabain on VSMCs may be a component of this hypertensive action...
- Quinapril inhibits c-Myc expression and normalizes smooth muscle cell proliferation in spontaneously hypertensive ratsJ Diez
Vascular Pathophysiology Unit, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Spain
Am J Hypertens 10:1147-52. 1997..Quinapril administration normalizes proliferation in the SMCs of SHR, possibly by inhibiting the expression of the oncoprotein c-Myc and its effects on the cell cycle...
- Characterization of c-myc-transformed rat fibroblasts resistant to apoptosis induced ny growth factor deprivationS N Dhanaraj
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, 07103 2714, USA
Exp Cell Res 224:52-62. 1996..Our findings suggest a novel mechanism for abrogation of apoptosis in neoplastic cells and provide a model system for the study of its role in tumorigenesis and resistance to antineoplastic therapy...
- Induction of immune rejection of tumors by protein A in mice bearing transplantable solid tissue Dalton's lymphoma tumorsP D Dwivedi
Immunobiology Division, Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Lucknow, India
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:105-28. 1992..001) manner. These results suggest that PA treatment activates cellular arc of the immune system in general, and macrophage, T cells and NK cells specifically...
- Parasitic infections in Yakima IndiansD Sturchler
Medical Department, Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:291-9. 1987..Seven of 39 (18%) sera were reactive to E. granulosus antigen in the IHA test, but none was positive for arc 5 antigen in the double immunodiffusion test. The seroprevalence of T. gondii was 20% (23/114).
- Oncogenes and tumor-suppressor genesT A Lehman
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Environ Health Perspect 93:133-44. 1991..The mechanistic role of the known tumor-suppressor genes Rb-1 and p53 in the development of human lung carcinomas is being investigated in this epithelial cell model of human bronchogenic carcinogenesis...
- Ligamentomuscular protective reflex in the elbowD Phillips
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112, USA
J Hand Surg Am 22:473-8. 1997..2 to 5.8 ms for the 5 muscles. The existence of a fast-acting reflex arc from the medial elbow ligaments to the forearm muscles both confirms the concept of ligamentomuscular protective ..
- The distal radioulnar joint capsule: clinical anatomy and role in posttraumatic limitation of forearm rotationW B Kleinman
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Indiana University, and The Indiana Hand Center, Indianapolis 46280, USA
J Hand Surg Am 23:588-99. 1998..of the triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC), is one of the sources that may influence the pronosupination arc. We dissected the wrists of 8 fresh-frozen cadaver specimens to characterize the precise anatomy, relationships, ..
- Expression of c-Myc, TGF-alpha and EGF-receptor in sporadic medullary thyroid carcinomaW Wang
Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 36:407-11. 1997..The prominent co-expression of c-Myc, TGF-alpha and EGFR proteins indicates that in MTC these factors might be of importance for tumour cell proliferation via autocrine growth stimulation...
- Resection of elbow ossification and continuous passive motion in postcomatose patientsE Ippolito
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
J Hand Surg Am 24:546-53. 1999..joint was ankylosed in a position that ranged from 0 degrees to 100 degrees of flexion (group 1); in 5 elbows the arc of flexion ranged from 10 degrees to 25 degrees (group 2)...
- Degenerative arthritis of the wrist: proximal row carpectomy versus scaphoid excision and four-corner arthrodesisM S Cohen
Hand and Elbow Program, The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Hand Surg Am 26:94-104. 2001..At the follow-up examination wrist motion revealed no significant differences in the flexion-extension arc, averaging 81 degrees in the PRC patients and 80 degrees following 4-corner arthrodesis, which was 62% and 58%, ..
- Early results with osseointegrated proximal interphalangeal joint prosthesesK Moller
Department of Hand Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Hand Surg Am 24:267-74. 1999..degrees to 80 degrees) with an extension lag of 11 degrees (-5 degrees to 45 degrees), corresponding to an average arc of motion of from 11 degrees to 67 degrees flexion...
- Radiographic evaluation of osseous displacement following intra-articular fractures of the distal radius: reliability of plain radiography versus computed tomographyR J Cole
Orthopaedic Clinic, Memphis, TN, USA
J Hand Surg Am 22:792-800. 1997..0-6.0 mm, sagittal view). More reproducible values determining step and gap displacement were obtained when the arc method of measurement was used on CT scans (ICC values, .69-...
- [Induction of gene expression of cancer-related genes by environmental stresses]H Matsumoto
Department of Anatomy, Nara Medical University
Biol Sci Space 8:94-102. 1994....
- Quaternary structural analysis of nucleoside diphosphate kinases using capillary electrophoresisY J Heo
College of Pharmacy, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
J Chromatogr A 781:251-61. 1997..The structural information of NDP kinase obtained by analysis using capillary electrophoresis is valuable for understanding its suggested biological function as a tumor metastasis suppressor and c-myc transcription factor, etc...
- Discordant responses of mitogen-activated protein kinases to anoxia and freezing exposures in hatchling turtlesS C Greenway
Institute of Biochemistry and Department of Biology, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Comp Physiol B 169:521-7. 1999..The specificity of the signaling pathways is also emphasized here as the general whole-body stresses, anoxia and freezing, activated individual MAPKs in a tissue-, time-, and stress-dependent manner...
- Application of C18 disks followed by gas chromatography techniques to degradation kinetics, stability and monitoring of endosulfan in waterG A Peñuela
Department of Environmental Chemistry, CID CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
J Chromatogr A 795:93-104. 1998..at 35 micrograms/l in water using photocatalysis with (FeCl3/H2O2)/(TiO2/H2O2) and photolysis using either a xenon arc lamp and/or sunlight was performed...
- N-myc and c-myc oncogenes amplification in medulloblastomas. Evidence of particularly aggressive behavior of a tumor with c-myc amplificationM Badiali
Department of Pediatrics, University of Bologna, Italy
Tumori 77:118-21. 1991..Medulloblastomas with c-myc activation may represent a subgroup of tumors with a more aggressive behavior...
- Early excision of heterotopic bone in the forearmD M Beingessner
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Hand Surg Am 25:483-8. 2000..Preoperative forearm rotation arc averaged 17 degrees. Excision was performed at an average of 4 months after injury...
- In vivo complex formation of PU.1 with HDAC1 associated with PU.1-mediated transcriptional repressionF Kihara-Negishi
Department of Cell Genetics, Sasaki Institute, 2 2, Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Oncogene 20:6039-47. 2001..Our results suggest that overexpression of PU.1 induces transcriptional repression in several gene promoters including the c-myc promoter which may be mediated by its complex formation with HDACs...
- The influence of articular surface incongruity on lubrication and contact pressure distribution of loaded synovial jointsM Hlavacek
Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 212:11-22. 1998..For high steady loading applied in the centre of the stationary tibial arc and for steady sliding of the talar arc, this model shows that individual physiological variations in the geometry ..
- The transverse plane evolution of the most common adolescent idiopathic scoliosis deformities. A cross-sectional study of 181 patientsM A Asher
Section of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1386-91. 1995..the apex vertebra translating away from the upper end vertebra and at the same time angulating in a clockwise arc for right apex deformities and a counterclockwise arc for left apex deformities. SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND DATA...
- [Evaluation of antiretroviral chemotherapy based on the profile of virus isolation from HIV-1 infected individuals]Y Kojima
Laboratory of Pathology, Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:638-45. 2000..line tropism and marked syncytium inducing (SI) ability accompanied by the progress of clinical stages from AC to ARC or AIDS...
- A three-dimensional morphometrical study of the distal human femurM Zoghi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Toledo, Ohio
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 206:147-57. 1992..and anterior, and a distal-posterior straight-line segment tangent to the proximal-posterior circular arc. Combining the data describing the profiles of the different slices forming the distal femur, the posterior ..
- Effect of verapamil and captopril on endothelial injury in the diabetic hypertensive ratK Conrad
Department of Medicine, Ochsner Medical Institutions, New Orleans, Louisiana
Am J Hypertens 7:629-36. 1994..EI), consisting of white blood cells adhered to the intimal surface and rounded endothelial cells per 25-microns arc in aortic vessels, was determined for each group. The EI increased from 0.2 +/- 0...
- Oncogene expression in vivo by ovarian adenocarcinomas and mixed-mullerian tumorsB M Kacinski
Department of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510
Yale J Biol Med 62:379-92. 1989..The authors discuss the role that tumor epithelial cell expression of the fms gene product might play in the auto- and paracrine control of growth and dissemination of ovarian adenocarcinomas...
- The course of anaemia after the treatment of acute, falciparum malariaL H Camacho
Department of Medicine, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 92:525-37. 1998..response of each patient with anaemia was categorized clinically, on the basis of absolute reticulocyte counts (ARC) and indirect bilirubin concentrations (IBC). At 4 weeks, 40 (56%) of the patients were still anaemic...
- Gene amplification and expression of the steroid receptor coactivator SRC3 (AIB1) in sporadic breast and endometrial carcinomasM Glaeser
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Heinrich-Heine-University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Horm Metab Res 33:121-6. 2001..Thus, SRC3 overexpression found in breast and endometrial tumors is not caused by SRC3 gene amplification. A carcinogenic potential provided by SRC3 overexpression has to be elucidated in further studies...
- Rat embryo cells immortalized with transfected oncogenes are transformed by gamma irradiationB Endlich
Laboratory of Radiation Biophysics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
Radiat Res 132:301-11. 1992..A detailed analysis of the NIH 3T3 transformants generated from REC:myc:gamma 33 and gamma 41 DNA failed to detect Ha-ras, Ki-ras, raf, neu, trk, abl, fms, or src oncogenes of rat origin.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Intercarpal arthrodesis for static and dynamic volar intercalated segment instabilityT Trumble
Department of Orthopaedics, Yale University School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Section, New Haven, CT 06510
J Hand Surg Am 13:384-90. 1988..Of the five successful cases, the postoperative range of wrist motion was 81 degrees of extension/flexion arc (63% of the normal contralateral) and 35 degrees of radial and ulnar deviation arc (57% of the normal contralateral ..
- c-myc overexpression activates alternative pathways for intracellular proteolysis in lymphoma cellsR Gavioli
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, Box 280, S-171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Nat Cell Biol 3:283-8. 2001..We thus show that there is a regulatory link between c-myc activation and changes in proteolysis that may affect malignant transformation...
- Dorsal perilunate dislocations and fracture-dislocations: questionnaire, clinical, and radiographic evaluationK A Hildebrand
Department of Surgery, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
J Hand Surg Am 25:1069-79. 2000..The average follow-up period was 37 months (range, 13-65 months). Average flexion-extension motion arc and grip strength in the injured wrist were 57% and 73%, respectively, compared with the contralateral wrist...
- CDDO-Imidazolide inhibits growth and survival of c-Myc-induced mouse B cell and plasma cell neoplasmsSeong Su Han
Laboratory of Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mol Cancer 5:22. 2006....
- Regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor by activated H-ras and V-myc oncogenes in mouse Balb/3T3 cells: possible roles of AP-1T Okimoto
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University, School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Oncogene 12:1625-33. 1996..Down-regulation of EGf receptor by activated H-ras and the possible involvement of a transcription factor, AP-1 will be discussed...
- Uncoupling between Ig somatic hypermutation and oncogene mutation in mouse lymphomaChristelle Vincent
UMR CNRS 6101, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Limoges, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:418-26. 2009....
- NF-kappa B activity is required for the deregulation of c-myc expression by the immunoglobulin heavy chain enhancerK Kanda
Center for Molecular Biology in Medicine, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System and the Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 275:32338-46. 2000....
- Antitussive profile of the NOP agonist Ro-64-6198 in the guinea pigRobbie L McLeod
Allergy, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, N J 07033 1300, USA
Pharmacology 71:143-9. 2004We have previously shown that N/OFQ, the endogenous peptide ligand for the 'opioid-like' NOP receptor, inhibits cough in guinea pigs and cats...
- [Influence of prism overcorrection on residual postoperative strabismus]A Kretzschmar
Zentrum für Augenheilkunde der Justus Liebig Universität Giessen
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 224:659-63. 2007Prism overcorrection is a complementary procedure to reduce the residual postoperative esotropia caused by anomalous retinal correspondence (ARC) after surgery for esotropia. We have investigated the results of this treatment.
- Enhancement effect of adenovirus-mediated antisense c-myc and caffeine on the cytotoxicity of cisplatin in osteosarcoma cell linesXian Kuan Xie
Department of Orthopedics, Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hang Zhou, People s Republic of China xiexkhz 163 com
Chemotherapy 55:433-40. 2009..We constructed the recombinant adenovirus (Myc-AS) encoding the antisense c-myc fragment and investigated the synergic effect of caffeine and Myc-AS on the in vitro sensitivity of osteosarcoma MG-63 cells to cisplatin...
- Nucleotide sequence of the first exon of the rat c-myc gene: proviral insertions in murine leukemia virus-induced lymphomas do not affect exon 1D L Steffen
Cell Biology Group, Worcester Foundation for Experimental Biology, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 01545
Virology 164:55-63. 1988..Exon 1 of c-myc is only slightly conserved, evolving at a rate similar to that seen for introns and pseudogenes...
- Specific phosphorylation of the acidic central region of the N-myc protein by casein kinase IIT Hagiwara
Laboratory of Biological Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Biochem 209:945-50. 1992..These results suggest that two serine residues of the acidic central region of the N-myc protein are phosphorylated by CKII in vivo as well as in vitro. The functional significance of this acidic domain is discussed...
- Local synaptic release of glutamate from neurons in the rat hypothalamic arcuate nucleusA B Belousov
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
J Physiol 499:747-61. 19971. The hypothalamic arcuate nucleus (ARC) contains neuroendocrine neurons that regulate endocrine secretions by releasing substances which control anterior pituitary hormonal release into the portal blood stream...
- Selection for c-myc integration sites in polyclonal T-cell lymphomasDana R Broussard
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, 100 W 24th Street, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Virol 76:2087-99. 2002..Selection for clonal growth may occur in tumor cells that have modest c-myc overexpression after proviral insertion to prevent apoptosis...
- Jak2 is involved in c-Myc induction by Bcr-AblShanhai Xie
Department of Molecular Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, Texas, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 21:7137-46. 2002..Our results indicate that activated Jak2 not only mediates an increase of c-MYC RNA expression but also interferes with proteasome-dependent degradation of c-Myc protein...
- A new method to quantify coronary calcification by intravascular ultrasound - the different patterns of calcification of acute myocardial infarction, unstable angina pectoris and stable angina pectorisXiaofei Wang
Department of Cardiology, Tianjin First Central Hospital, 24 Fukang Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, 300192, China
J Invasive Cardiol 20:587-90. 2008..Previous IVUS studies used arc or length of calcium, respectively, to quantify calcification, but calcium is determined by a combination of arc ..
- Heart-specific inhibition of protooncogene c-myc attenuates cold-induced cardiac hypertrophyM Bello Roufai
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
Gene Ther 14:1406-16. 2007..The increased c-Myc expression may play a critical role in the pathogenesis of CICH. Thus, heart-specific inhibition of c-Myc expression may be a new and effective approach for the control of CH...
- Healthcare costs of GERD and acid-related conditions in pediatric patients, with comparison between histamine-2 receptor antagonists and proton pump inhibitorsS Kothari
Astellas Pharma US, Inc, Deerfield, IL, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2703-9. 2009Gastroesophageal reflux disease and acid-related conditions (GERD/ARC) are common in pediatric practice but their costs have not been well characterized.
- Evidence from transgenic mice that myc regulates hepatic glycolysisA Valera
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
FASEB J 9:1067-78. 1995....
- Molecular analysis of rat embryo cell transformants induced by alpha-particlesB Endlich
Laboratory of Radiation Biophysics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Int J Radiat Biol 64:715-26. 1993....
- Inhibition of intestinal polyposis with reduced angiogenesis in ApcMin/+ mice due to decreases in c-Myc expressionKrishna Yekkala
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Anatomy, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, 6439 Garners Ferry Road, Building 1, C 57, Columbia, SC 29209, USA
Mol Cancer Res 5:1296-303. 2007..This study shows that c-Myc is critical for Apc-dependent intestinal tumorigenesis in mice and provides a potential therapeutic target in the treatment of colorectal cancer...
- Tissue and age specific expression of the myc proto-oncogene family throughout the life span of the C57BL/6J mouse strainI Semsei
Molecular Physiology and Genetics Section, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Oncogene 4:465-71. 1989....
- Long-term potentiation in the rat dentate gyrus is associated with enhanced Arc/Arg3.1 protein expression in spines, dendrites and gliaJ J Rodriguez
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Sciences, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA, UK
Eur J Neurosci 21:2384-96. 2005..to determine the localization, subcellular distribution and expression of activity-regulated cytoskeletal protein (Arc/Arg3...
- Switch from Mnt-Max to Myc-Max induces p53 and cyclin D1 expression and apoptosis during cholestasis in mouse and human hepatocytesHeping Yang
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, USC Research Center for Liver Diseases, USC UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hepatology 49:860-70. 2009..Bile duct-ligated mice treated with a lentivirus harboring c-myc small interfering RNA were protected from hepatic induction of p53 and cyclin D1, a switch from Mnt to Myc nuclear binding to E-box, and hepatocyte apoptosis...
- Excitatory stimulation of neurons in the arcuate nucleus initiates central CRF-dependent stimulation of colonic propulsion in ratsJohannes J Tebbe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Baldinger Strasse 1, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Brain Res 1036:130-8. 2005..Furthermore, there is considerable evidence suggesting that neurons projecting from the arcuate nucleus (ARC) to the PVN may be the source of endogenous neuropeptide release in the PVN...
- Synergistic interaction of transforming growth factor alpha and c-myc in mouse mammary and salivary gland tumorigenesisL T Amundadottir
Vincent T Lombardi Cancer Research Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Cell Growth Differ 6:737-48. 1995..In summary, TGF alpha and c-Myc synergize in an extremely powerful way to cause breast and salivary gland tumorigenesis in males and virgin females without a requirement for pregnancies...
Research Grants110 found, 100 shown here
- NF-kappaB N-myc in Oncogenic Pathways of the CNSRaquel Sitcheran; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies have the potential to offer new insight into drug design targeting oncogenic pathways regulated by NF-KB and N-myc. ..
- Structure-based design of novel low molecular weight c-Myc inhibitorsEDWARD VICTOR PROCHOWNIK; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Investigation of Myc Oncoprotein in B lymphocyte Development and TransformationBrian M Iritani; Fiscal Year: 2012..Experiments described in this proposal will utilize transgenic and knockout mice to help elucidate the normal functions of Myc in lymphocyte development, and how deregulated Myc potently stimulates cells to divide in cancer. ..
- Andrei Goga; Fiscal Year: 2014..The knowledge gained from these studies will facilitate the development of new therapeutics that target tumor cells with particular genetic changes by precisely inhibiting the cell division cycle. ..
- Chi V Dang; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Investigation of a novel regulator of Myc-driven tumorigenesisMark W Gramling; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our studies should also define the potential of MTBP and its interacting factors as therapeutic targets in Myc driven malignancies. ..
- Interplay of Myc, Tumor Supressors and Regulators of Differentiation in LymphomaJohn L Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 2012..Since Myc oncoproteins are activated in up to 70% of all cancers, our discoveries may provide the foundation for developing new agents that are broadly effectively in cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Analysis of the Human c-myc Gene Replication OriginMichael Leffak; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, our studies are likely to provide fundamental new insight into the mechanisms of DNA replication, the origins of genetic diseases, and new models for disease treatment. ..
- Functional analysis of transcriptional program regulated by the c-MYC oncoproteinSteven B McMahon; Fiscal Year: 2012..each year. Understanding the cellular changes induced by MYC will provide us with novel targets for therapeutic intervention in these patients. The studies proposed here are aimed at a precise mechanistic delineation of the MYC pathway. ..
- Carol E Schrader; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will investigate what makes these other sites targets for AID, and for DNA break formation. Thus our studies will also shed light on the important question of how AID chooses its targets. ..
- David A Thorley-Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2016..It will also have the direct clinical implication that intervention to reduce the malarial burden and the ability of malarial antigens to trigger AID could dramatically reduce the incidence of an important childhood lymphoma - eBL. ..
- Xin Li; Fiscal Year: 2014..e. those with PIN or high-grade PIN). The novel combined cancer prevention therapy using metformin and mTOR inhibitors proposed in this study may display promising synergistic efficacy and will be translational to clinical application. ..
- A Mouse Model for the Rare Plasma Cell Disease AL AmyloidosisDavid C Seldin; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Mapping the functional major histocompatibility complex genes in zebrafishJILL L DE JONG; Fiscal Year: 2012..Discovery of the functional MHC genes would open the door for zebrafish researchers studying many aspects of transplantation and vertebrate biology. ..
- Coordinate Regulation of p53 and c-MYC in an HTLV-1 Model of CarcinogenesisRobert L Harrod; Fiscal Year: 2012..This R15 AREA project will provide excellent cancer research training opportunities for undergraduates and graduate students to better prepare them for future careers in the basic or clinical oncological sciences. ..
- Anil K Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies hope to reveal new paradigms in CRC pathogenesis, and offer opportunities for exploiting this knowledge in novel diagnostics and therapeutics. ..
- ROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Importantly, myc genes are mutated and deregulated in a very wide range of human cancers. Detailed knowledge of the molecular functions of myc will be critical for detection, diagnosis and treatment of human cancers. ..
- "Oncorequisite" Genes in MYC-mediated TransformationHui Feng; Fiscal Year: 2010..By identifying mutant genes that delay the onset of Myc-driven T-cell leukemia in fish, this project seeks to discover molecules that could serve as useful targets for therapeutic intervention in human cancers. ..
- Temporally controlled oncogene expression in a novel pancreatic cancer modelKay Uwe Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- MICHAEL DAVID COLE; Fiscal Year: 2014..The goal of the project is to understand how mutations change c-myc function in some cancers and how inherited variations near c-myc in the human genome can increase the risk of cancer. ..
- Comparative Mechanisms of Genomic InstabilityKaren M Vasquez; Fiscal Year: 2010..These discoveries should begin to unravel the pathogenesis of diseases that are caused by genomic instability, and ultimately to the development of new approaches for treatment and prevention. ..
- Hybridization of Promoter DNA Targets in Chromatin to Discover Regulatory ProteinLINDA B MC GOWN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- David M Hockenbery; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Targeting c-Myc and Akt with PP2A reactivation therapy for the treatment of breasDale J Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Hui Feng; Fiscal Year: 2014..The rationale and feasibility of this approach are well-illustrated by my data acquired during the K99 phase. ..
- Identification and Characterization of Liver Cancer Stem CellsDAVID BELLOVIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate consequences of this study would be to gain insight into the development of liver cancer, while potentially identifying novel therapeutic targets for this especially lethal disease. ..
- Zebrafish Chemical and Classical Genetics Approach to the Pathogenesis of T-ALLAlejandro Gutierrez; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Disruption of HLA Class II-Mediated Immune Recognition of B-Cell LymphomasAzizul Haque; Fiscal Year: 2013..The elucidated findings will likely spur development of novel strategies to restore CD4+ T cell recognition and clearance of BL and other B-cell lymphomas. ..
- ERICH SABIO; Fiscal Year: 2014..Due to the extensive association between miRNA dysregulation and cancer, the valuable insights we will gain through these studies will have a broad impact on global health. ..
- Yanxin Pei; Fiscal Year: 2014..If these studies are successful, they will help identify novel approaches to preventing tumor relapse in MYC-driven MB and other malignancies. ! ..
- Besim Ogretmen; Fiscal Year: 2016..Moreover, these studies will lead to the development of mechanism-based novel therapeutic strategies for improved NSCLC treatment to selectively inhibit oncogenic SK2/S1P/hTERT/c-Myc axis without affecting telomere-length regulation. ..
- C-MYC EXPRESSION AND APOPTOSIS IN B CELLSGAIL SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page .................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE INHIBITION OF CELL PROLIFERATIONEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2000..The lead compounds resulting from these studies will then be translated to a separate collaborative application for a Phase I/II clinical trial. ..
- POST TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF THE HUMAN N MYC GENEWilliam Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- TAS::75 0849::TAS IN THIS PHASE I SBIR THE BREAST CANCER ADENOCARCINOMA CELL LIShaharyar Khan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gencia has developed a recombinant form of human TFAM, the mitochondrial transcription factor A (rhTFAM), modified to allow it to traverse cellular barriers and to be specifically imported into the mitochondria. ..
- FOXP3-microRNA146-NFkB Axis in Tumor SuppressionLizhong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of apoptosis by PI 3-kinase/Akt signalingGeoffrey M Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2012..The present proposal seeks to further understand the mechanism by which this pathway regulates cell survival. Discoveries of novel targets of PI 3-kinase signaling may provide new targets for cancer treatment. ..
- Development of Ets2-InhibitorsDEV ARYA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using neomycin's ability to stabilize triplexes and deliver TFOs, neomycin-TFO (PS) conjugates will be developed as triplex-forming anticancer agents. ..
- Regulation and Role of Ornithine Decarboxylase in Cell Proliferation and CancerJohn L Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Kruppel-Like Factor 4 in Wnt and Notch Signaling in the Intestinal TractAmr Ghaleb; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>ARC regulates ?-catenin levels through the Wnt pathway and acts as a negative regulator of ?-catenin signaling in ..
- Michael W Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2016..mellitus (uDM) arise in part from the response of key brain areas such as the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus (ARC) and ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus (VMN) to changes in the humoral milieu, including marked decreases in the ..
- MYC ONCOPROTEIN FUNCTIONROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..1 Description, ..
- TSHR and thyrocyte developmentReigh Yi Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this project is to combine the advantages of embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells with the powerful genetic tools available in mouse models to take a unique approach to thyroid development and disease. ..
- MATTHEW THOMAS HURD; Fiscal Year: 2014..Various methods, including chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assays, RNA interference (RNAi), and reporter gene assays will be used. ..
- PROTRH GENE TRANSCRIPTION AND BIOSYNTHESIS BY LEPTINEDUARDO NILLNI; Fiscal Year: 2009..It has been suggested that this resistance is localized specifically at the level of the arcuate nucleus (ARC), but there is speculation concerning which specific nuclei within the ARC become leptin resistant...
- Opposing and complementary roles of KLF1 and KLF2 in erythropoiesisJoyce A Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- The Oncogenic Significance of Cyclin Overexpression and Smad 3 Tumor SuppressionJacqueline Sara Jeruss; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therapeutic targeting of CDK/cyclin activity to restore Smad 3 tumor suppression may hold promise for patients with cyclin overexpressing and basal-like breast cancers, who currently have the disease sub-type with the worst prognosis. ..
- Analyses of the Molecular Functions for D-CyclinsPeter Sicinski; Fiscal Year: 2013..cancer patients is entertained: (1) Are D-cyclins required for normal cell proliferation and function in the adult organism? (2) Would blocking cyclin D function in oncogenically transformed cells revert the oncogenic transformation? ..
- Functions of an E1A-Associated Cellular ProteinBayar Thimmapaya; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Sarah K Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Following the completion of my Ph.D. degree, I will return to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine to complete my medical coursework and clinical rotations. ..
- Directed Evolution of Peptide Inhibitors of Myc-Max Dimerization (PQ18)ROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..directed evolution and biological validation, we will assess the molecular and functional mechanisms of inhibition to ensure protein specificity and therapeutic efficacy in reducing levels of activated Myc and attenuating tumor growth ..
- c-Myc Phosphorylation Sites Regulate Its Apoptotic and Tumorigenic PotentialRosalie C Sears; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Kinetic Analysis of Myc-induced carcinogenesis in vivoGERARD IAN EVAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- A model system to study the tumor suppressor APC and its role in Wnt regulation.David Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus we can take advantage of the speed of this simpler genetic model system to investigate questions important to the progression and treatment of human colon cancer. ..
- ANGELA NICOLE KOEHLER; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- DANIEL A BARRON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Such information is vital to understanding the contribution of Dlc1 to human carcinogenesis and may provide new opportunities to develop targeted therapies for cancers with deregulated Dlc1. ..
- Structure and function of the U3 RNA-protein complexCarl C Correll; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Anaphase Promoting Complex-mediated ProteolysisMark Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2009..mitosis is the ubiquitin-dependent degradation of cyclins and other key proteins by the Anaphase Promoting Complex (ARC;also called the cyclosome)...
- BLAIR BERNARD MADISON; Fiscal Year: 2016..Determining how LIN28B functions in the intestinal crypt will likely provide an important link among the cellular mechanisms governing epithelial proliferation, differentiation, and/or mucosal regeneration. ..
- ENEIQUE A MESRI; Fiscal Year: 2016..So our work will allow us to not only to identify mechanisms of KS carcinogenesis but also will help to identify potential new target and new drugs for anti-KS therapy. ..
- PHYSIOLOGY AND CLONING OF B FRAGILIS ENTEROTOXINCYNTHIA SEARS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Key factors in the pathogenesis of colonic neoplasia are germline mutations in the adenomatous polyposis coli (ARC) gene and chronic inflammation as exemplified by patients with familial adenomatous polyposis or ulcerative colitis,..
- c-Myc transcription in intestinal growth, differentiation, and carcinogenesisGregory S Yochum; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our studies address the fundamental mechanisms underlying b-catenin regulation of normal gastrointestinal development and homeostasis as well as the pathogenesis of intestinal malignancy. ..
- Hypothalamic SIRT1 and Energy BalanceEduardo A Nillni; Fiscal Year: 2013..that pharmacological inhibition of hypothalamic Sirt1 or siRNA mediated knock down of Sirt1 in the arcuate nucleus (ARC) of the hypothalamus decreases food intake and body weight gain...
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- Subhash C Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2014..Third, the effector immediate-early gene Arc (activity- regulated cytoskeleton associated protein) may be relevant in regulating dendritic spine density (DSD) ..
- Fnip1 Function in Lymphocyte Development, Activation and MetabolismBrian M Iritani; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Andreas Friedl; Fiscal Year: 2016..The GPC1 signaling pathway may offer opportunities for therapeutic intervention by targeting either GPC1 itself or downstream mediators. ..
- OLGA ANCZUKOW-CAMARDA; Fiscal Year: 2014..This plan will establish the basis for my independent research program, in which I plan to contribute to the development of new cancer therapies based on modulating the expression and activity of splicing factors or their targets. ..
- ASISH KUMAR GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Multi-center Controlled Clinical Trials in Alport Syndrome-A Feasibility StudyClifford E Kashtan; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Alport Syndrome Research Collaborative (ARC) was established in 2009 as a partnership of the Alport Syndrome Treatments and Outcomes Registry (ASTOR), the ..
- Carol Prives; Fiscal Year: 2015..The projects are even more interdependent and interactive than before and as a result much of the proposed research cannot be done effectively without the support of this program. ..
- Philip Reigan; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will then extend our studies into in vivo models to determine the pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of the Wee1 inhibitors and their effect on tumor growth in our xenograft model. ..
- In vitro and in vivo efficacy of liposomal ciprofloxacin formulations against MycIgor Gonda; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aradigm already has sufficient safety data in humans and animals to support long-term clinical studies in patients with CFI and DRCFI as well as sufficient cGMP manufacturing in place to support large-scale clinical trials. ..
- David J Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2014..Microarray studies using IMP-1 negative cells will assess possible off-target effects of the lead inhibitor. Lead structures will be confirmed, leads resynthesized and structural studies of inhibitor bound to IMP-1 will be initiated. ..
- Kimberly Huber; Fiscal Year: 2016..elimination by regulating the translation of MEF2-generated transcripts - including Protocadherin10 (Pcdh10) and Arc/Arg3.1. We find that Arc and Pcdh10 mediate elimination of synapses through distinct mechanisms...
- Gregory B Lesinski; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will provide a comprehensive, translational understanding of how dietary soy and its isoflavone components modulate aspects of immunity relevant to prostate cancer development and progression. ..
- Altering Energy Balance by Systemic Delivery of RNAi to the Neuroendocrine BrainSergio R Ojeda; Fiscal Year: 2013..systems that can be used as a prototype for these studies, the melanocortin system of the arcuate nucleus (ARC) stands out as an ideal candidate...
- LONING NONE FU; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our studies will lead to a better understanding of the mechanism of cancer and to the development of novel therapeutic strategies for cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Peter Sicinski; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specific Aim 2. To determine the molecular function of cyclin A-Cdk1 in stem cells. Specific Aim 3. To test the requirement for cyclin A function in Myc-driven breast cancers. ..
- Hank F Kung; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism of Resistance to Arginine Deiminase Therapy in Advance MelanomaMacus T Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose approaches to circumvent the development of resistance, thereby to enhance the treatment efficacy of human malignant melanoma with ADI-PEG20. ..
- Michael W Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2014..Coincident with these early responses, microglia (the macrophage of the brain) accumulate in the arcuate nucleus (ARC, a key hypothalamic area for sensing input from insulin and leptin) - but not other brain areas...
- Eludicating the Molecular Mechanisms That Regulate Stem Cell Numbers in VivoErika A Bach; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of prostatic stem cells and prostate cancer-initiating cellsLi Xin; Fiscal Year: 2012..The infected cells will be microinjected into immunodeficient host mouse prostate or tested in the regeneration system to determine their capacity to initiate cancer. ..
- JURGEN T ROHR; Fiscal Year: 2016..New resulting MTM analogues will be submitted to the NCI DTP (developmental therapeutics program) for further mechanistic investigations. ..
- David Kazadi; Fiscal Year: 2014..g., c-myc/IgH in Burkitt's lymphoma). Using mouse primary B cells deficient in RNA exosome, we will evaluate genomic instability by molecular cytogenetic techniques and translocation quantitative assays. ..
- Ronald B Gartenhaus; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF GASTROINTESTINAL CANCERSLopa Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2013..Significantly, this program promises to yield new therapies targeted at these difficult-to-treat lethal cancers at the bench, and then to translate the results rapidly into clinical care, at the bedside. ..
- DANA LYNN TAKEKO KOOMOA; Fiscal Year: 2016..This new model may apply to other cancers with MYC amplification (e.g. breast and prostate cancers, and lymphoma, etc). ..
- Xin Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..The outcomes of our study are expected to have exceptionally high potential to re- shape current key concept and paradigms about the role of metformin in prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Dao Pan; Fiscal Year: 2016..The approaches developed in the studies have general and significant applicability to neurodegenerative diseases including other LSDs, and Parkinson and Alzheimer diseases. ..
- Role of B-cell oncogenes and microRNA-34 in B-lymphopoiesis and neoplasiaDinesh S Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hence, these studies have a direct relevance to public health and most importantly, to patients living with these diseases. ..
- Brainstem LepRb neurons in the control of metabolismJONATHAN NICHOLAS FLAK; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., arcuate nucleus (ARC)) and the brainstem...
- Abigail Renoux; Fiscal Year: 2014..dendrites in cultured neurons followed by immunocytochemistry for FMRP and two known FMRP-regulated proteins, Arc and PSD95...
- Molly F Kulesz-Martin; Fiscal Year: 2016..5 million people in the US annually, ..
- Molecular and Cellular Basis of Oncogene AddictionDean W Felsher; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of our proposed experiments will have important implications for the mechanisms by which the MYC oncogene maintains tumorigenesis and the development of new therapies for the treatment of cancer. ..
- ADAM JOHN HARRINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2015..role of MEF2 genes in autism core domain behaviors, and to assess the roles of MEF2 genes and a MEF2 target gene, Arc, in the proper establishment of structural synaptic connectivity in the developing cortex...