Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NKX2-8
Description: NK2 homeobox 8
Alias: NKX2.8, NKX2H, Nkx2-9, homeobox protein Nkx-2.8, NK-2 homolog 8, NK-2 homolog H, NK2 transcription factor related, locus 8, homeobox protein NK-2 homolog H
- Comparative analysis of the genomic organization of Pax9 and its conserved physical association with Nkx2-9 in the human, mouse, and pufferfish genomesF Santagati
GSF Research Center for Health and Environment, Institute of Mammalian Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Mamm Genome 12:232-7. 2001..Our results suggest that transcription of Pax9 may be initiated at two alternative start sites and driven by TATA-less promoters...
- Use of co-activation of lung cancer specific developmental pathway genes, TTF-1, NKX2-8, and PAX9, to predict prognosis and guide therapeutic strategiesS D Hsu
Duke University, Durham, NC Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY
J Clin Oncol 26:7511. 2008..7511 Background: We recently described a novel, recurring amplicon (14q13.3) specific to NSCLC that harbors three genes, TTF- 1, NKX2-8, and PAX9, important in lung development (Kendall et al. PNAS 2007)...
- Changes in renal gene expression associated with induced ochratoxicosis in chickens: activation and deactivation of transcripts after varying durations of exposureCynthia P Zeferino
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri UM, Columbia 65211, United States
Poult Sci . 2016..The B-G gene was turned off at 7 and 21 d. All of these genes were involved in kidney toxicity. Therefore, the turning on and off responses of these genes may contribute to carcinogenic and tumorigenic effects of OTA in birds...
- Conservatism and variability of gene expression profiles among homeologous transcription factors in Xenopus laevisMinoru Watanabe
Institute of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Tokushima University, 1 1 Minamijosanjima cho, Tokushima 770 8502, Japan
Dev Biol . 2016....
- Nkx2.2 and Nkx2.9 are the key regulators to determine cell fate of branchial and visceral motor neurons in caudal hindbrainWassan Jarrar
Cell and Molecular Biology, Zoological Institute, University of Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0124408. 2015..2 and Nkx2.9 proteins play no role in the development of branchiovisceral motor neurons in hindbrain rostral to rhombomere 4. ..
- [Current progress in functions of axon guidance molecule Robo and underlying molecular mechanism]Xiao tong Li
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian 271018, China Xintai Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Bureau, Xintai 271200, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 66:373-85. 2014....
- Fine mapping of the celiac disease-associated LPP locus reveals a potential functional variantRodrigo Almeida
Department of Genetics, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, PO Box 30001, Groningen 9700 RB, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 23:2481-9. 2014..We later found significantly low levels of LPP mRNA in CeD biopsies compared with controls, thus our results suggest that rs4686484 is the functional variant in this locus, while LPP expression is decreased in CeD. ..
- Dynamic changes in DNA methylation and hydroxymethylation when hES cells undergo differentiation toward a neuronal lineageMirang Kim
Medical Genomics Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Daejeon 305 806, Korea
Hum Mol Genet 23:657-67. 2014..Our findings will help elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying lineage-specific differentiation of pluripotent stem cells during human embryonic development. ..
- Characterizing the developmental pathways TTF-1, NKX2-8, and PAX9 in lung cancerDavid S Hsu
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Department of Medicine, and Institute for Statistics and Decision Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5312-7. 2009..This suggests that the cohort of patients with coactivation of TTF-1 and NKX2-8 pathways appears to be resistant to standard cisplatin therapy, suggesting the need for alternative therapies in this cohort of high-risk patients...
- Genome-wide association mapping in dogs enables identification of the homeobox gene, NKX2-8, as a genetic component of neural tube defects in humansNoa Safra
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, California, USA
PLoS Genet 9:e1003646. 2013..036). This is the first documentation of a potential role for NKX2-8 in the etiology of NTDs, made possible by investigating the molecular basis of naturally occurring mutations in dogs...
- Methylation-specific digital karyotyping of HPV16E6E7-expressing human keratinocytes identifies novel methylation events in cervical carcinogenesisRenske D M Steenbergen
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pathol 231:53-62. 2013..These genes may provide promising triage markers to assess the presence of (pre)cancerous cervical lesions in hrHPV-positive women...
- Nkx2-8 downregulation promotes angiogenesis and activates NF-κB in esophageal cancerChuyong Lin
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Department of Experimental Research, Cancer Center, Departments of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Key Laboratory of Tropical Disease Control, Ministry of Education, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Cancer Res 73:3638-48. 2013..Taken together, our results showed that Nkx2-8 functions as a tumor suppressor in ESCCs, the downregulation of which contributes to NF-κB activation and ESCC angiogenesis...
- Motor axon exit from the mammalian spinal cord is controlled by the homeodomain protein Nkx2.9 via Robo-Slit signalingArlene Bravo-Ambrosio
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Development 139:1435-46. 2012..Our studies support the view that Nkx2.9 controls SACMN axon exit from the mammalian spinal cord by regulating Robo-Slit signaling...
- The tumor-suppressor gene Nkx2.8 suppresses bladder cancer proliferation through upregulation of FOXO3a and inhibition of the MEK/ERK signaling pathwayChunping Yu
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou 510060, China
Carcinogenesis 33:678-86. 2012..These findings suggest that Nkx2.8 plays a potential tumor suppressor role in bladder cancer progression and represents a valuable clinical prognostic marker of this disease...
- Identification of 27 5' CpG islands aberrantly methylated and 13 genes silenced in human pancreatic cancersAtsushi Hagihara
Carcinogenesis Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Tsukiji 5 chome, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Oncogene 23:8705-10. 2004..MSP of 24 primary pancreatic cancers showed that all these genes, except for THBD, were methylated in at least one cancer. Some of those were suggested to be potentially involved in pancreatic cancer development and progression...
- A dynamic switch in the replication timing of key regulator genes in embryonic stem cells upon neural inductionPascale Perry
Lymphocyte Development Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Cell Cycle 3:1645-50. 2004..These results show that loss of pluripotency (and lineage choice) is associated with extensive and predictable changes in the replication timing of key regulator genes...
- Genomewide expression profiling in the zebrafish embryo identifies target genes regulated by Hedgehog signaling during vertebrate developmentJun Xu
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore
Genetics 174:735-52. 2006..Our data also demonstrate for the first time the functionality of the Gli-binding motif in the control of Hedgehog signaling-induced gene expression in the zebrafish embryo...
- Nkx2-9 is a novel homeobox transcription factor which demarcates ventral domains in the developing mouse CNSO Pabst
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Technical University of Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, 38106, Braunschweig, Germany
Mech Dev 73:85-93. 1998..The dynamic expression pattern of Nkx2-9 in ventral domains of the CNS is consistent with a possible role in the specification of a distinct subset of neurons...
- Cloning of zebrafish nkx6.2 and a comprehensive analysis of the conserved transcriptional response to Hedgehog/Gli signaling in the zebrafish neural tubeBurcu Guner
Biology Department, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003 9297, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 7:596-605. 2007....
- tinman-related genes expressed during heart development in XenopusC S Newman
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin 78712, USA
Dev Genet 22:230-8. 1998..Preliminary characterization reveals that Nkx2-9 is expressed in the cardiogenic region of the embryo prior to differentiation, but transcript levels decrease rapidly, in the heart, at about the time that differentiation commences...
- NKX2 gene expression in neuroectoderm but not in mesendodermally derived structures depends on sonic hedgehog in mouse embryosO Pabst
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Technical University of Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Dev Genes Evol 210:47-50. 2000..We found that expression of NKX2.1, NKX2.2, and NKX2.9 in neural domains requires Shh signaling, whereas NKX2.3, NKX2.5 and NKX2.6 expression in endoderm and mesoderm is independent of Shh...
- Regulation of alpha-fetoprotein expression by Nkx2.8Yasuo Kajiyama
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6122-30. 2002..8 bound to the active AFP promoter, and antisense inhibition of Nkx2.8 mRNA translation selectively reduced expression of both the endogenous human AFP gene and transfected reporters containing the rat AFP promoter...
- Targeted disruption of the homeobox gene Nkx2.9 reveals a role in development of the spinal accessory nerveOliver Pabst
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Technical University of Braunschweig, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Development 130:1193-202. 2003..Like other Nkx genes expressed in the CNS, Nkx2.9 seems to be involved in converting positional information into cell fate decisions...
- Identification of Cis-regulatory elements in the mouse Pax9/Nkx2-9 genomic region: implication for evolutionary conserved syntenyFabio Santagati
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Genetics 165:235-42. 2003..We propose such an intersecting organization of cis-regulatory sequences in multigenic regions as a possible mechanism that maintains evolutionary conserved synteny...
- SMYD3 encodes a histone methyltransferase involved in the proliferation of cancer cellsRyuji Hamamoto
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:731-40. 2004..Furthermore, activation of SMYD3 may be a key factor in human carcinogenesis...
- Molecular control of spinal accessory motor neuron/axon development in the mouse spinal cordAllison K Dillon
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 25:10119-30. 2005..Furthermore, in the absence of the transcription factor Nkx2.9, SACMN axons fail to exit the CNS. Together, these findings suggest molecular mechanisms that are likely to regulate key steps in SACMN development...
- Loss of Nkx2.8 deregulates progenitor cells in the large airways and leads to dysplasiaJianmin Tian
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Cancer Res 66:10399-407. 2006..8-/- mice. Increased proliferation and an altered progenitor relationship caused progressive bronchial pathology, which manifested as widespread dysplasia in the large airways of 1-year-old Nkx2.8-/- mice...
- One allele's loss is another's gain: alterations of NKX2-8 in non-small cell lung cancerJoel W Neal
Stanford Cancer Center, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:638-9. 2011..Recent technological advances in genomic profiling have allowed quantitative detection of gene copy numbers, leading to identification of the 14q13.3 gene locus as functionally important in non-small cell lung cancers...
- Both gene amplification and allelic loss occur at 14q13.3 in lung cancerThomas Harris
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:690-9. 2011..Because loss of Nkx2-8 increases lung cancer in the mouse, we studied suppressive mechanisms in human lung cancer...
- The transcription factors Nkx2.2 and Nkx2.9 play a novel role in floor plate development and commissural axon guidanceAndreas Holz
Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Development 137:4249-60. 2010..As both factors affect floor plate development, control of commissural axon trajectories might be the underlying mechanism...
- Embryonic stem cell-derived hemangioblasts remain epigenetically plastic and require PRC1 to prevent neural gene expressionLuca Mazzarella
Lymphocyte Development Group, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Blood 117:83-7. 2011..These data reinforce the importance of PRC1 for normal hematopoietic differentiation and reveal an unexpected epigenetic plasticity of mesoderm-committed hemangioblasts...
- Regulatory interactions specifying Kolmer-Agduhr interneuronsLixin Yang
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
Development 137:2713-22. 2010..Instead, olig2 and gata3 are required for the differentiation of gad67-expressing KA' cells. This suggests that the layout of regulatory networks is crucially dependent on the lineage that differs between KA' and KA' cells...
- A novel nk-2-related transcription factor associated with human fetal liver and hepatocellular carcinomaG A Apergis
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 273:2917-25. 1998..Moreover, the nk-2-related genes are developmental regulators, and nkx-2.8 is the first such factor associated with liver development...
- Spatially distinct functions of PAX6 and NKX2.2 during gliogenesis in the ventral spinal cordNicholas Genethliou
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Airport Avenue, No 6, Agios Dometios 2370, Nicosia, Cyprus
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:69-73. 2009..These data provide important insights into specific functions of PAX6 and NKX2.2 during glial cell specification that have so far remained largely unexplored...
- Oncogenic cooperation and coamplification of developmental transcription factor genes in lung cancerJude Kendall
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16663-8. 2007....
- Hedgehog Signaling and the Evolution of Genomic Regulatory ArchitectureKEVIN ANTHONY PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..gneural tube, limb bud and somites) will provide essential information for understanding how this important signaling pathway functions in development and disease as well as provide insight into principles of genome organization. ..
- A mouse model of stem cell deregulation and lung cancerJOSEPH LOCKER LOCKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..8 expression in human lung cancer cells. Expression profiles from these cells will be com- pared to those obtained from mouse bronchial cell fractions, to determine specific relationships between tumor and stem cell regulation. ..
- The role of Nkx genes in hypothalamic & NAc developmentCindy Yee; Fiscal Year: 2006..I will analyze Nkx2.1 function in dorsoventral patterning, specification and differentiation of NPY+/GABA+ neurons in the hypothalamus and NAc using cre recombinase-mediated gene inactivation technology in mice. ..
- REGULATION OF MYOCARDIAL DEVELOPMENTPaul Krieg; Fiscal Year: 1999..This information will improve our knowledge of the causes of congenital heart defects and thereby aid in devising strategies for prevention and cure. ..