Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NK10
Description: ZFP90 zinc finger protein
Alias: FIK, NK10, ZNF756, zfp-90, zinc finger protein 90 homolog, FOXP3-interacting KRAB domain-containing protein, zinc finger protein 476, zinc finger protein 756
- Genomewide association study for determinants of HIV-1 acquisition and viral set point in HIV-1 serodiscordant couples with quantified virus exposureJairam R Lingappa
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28632. 2011..To minimize misclassification of HIV-1 risk, we quantified HIV-1 exposure, using data including plasma HIV-1 concentrations, gender, and condom use...
- Large-scale East-Asian eQTL mapping reveals novel candidate genes for LD mapping and the genomic landscape of transcriptional effects of sequence variantsMaiko Narahara
Statistical Genetics, Center for Genomic Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e100924. 2014..2E-11) for Parkinson's disease. We identified four genes (P<2.0E-14) that might be related to three diseases and two hematological traits; each expression is regulated by trans-eQTLs on a different chromosome than the gene. ..
- CDH1 rs9929218 variant at 16q22.1 contributes to colorectal cancer susceptibilityPeng Han
Department of Colorectal Surgery, The Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, 150040, China
Oncotarget 7:47278-47286. 2016..2 and MCOLN2 by both cis-effect and trans-effect. In summary, our analysis highlights significant association between rs9929218 polymorphism and CRC susceptibility...
- 16q22.1 microdeletion detected by array-CGH in a family with mental retardation and lobular breast cancerChiara Palka Bayard de Volo
Department of Pediatrics, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
Gene 498:328-31. 2012..Furthermore, we suggest that the deletion of the CDH1, a tumor suppressor gene, involved in hereditary diffuse gastric cancer (HDGC) and LBC predisposed the mother to the carcinoma...
- Identification of the bacteriocin subtilosin A and loss of purL results in its high-level production in Bacillus amyloliquefaciensQuanli Liu
The Key Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology and Technology, Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Res Microbiol 163:470-8. 2012A mini-Tn10 transposon mutagenesis library of strain Bacillus amyloliquefaciens BAhja NK10 was constructed and one mutant, L4, exhibiting markedly enhanced antagonistic activity against Micrococcus luteus, was screened and possessed an ..
- Developmentally regulated mouse gene NK10 encodes a zinc finger repressor protein with differential DNA-binding domainsR Lange
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat zu Koln, Germany
DNA Cell Biol 14:971-81. 1995..The NK10 KRAB domains exhibit repressing activity when tested in GAL4 fusion protein assays...
- Biological activity of mammalian transcriptional repressorsG Thiel
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Saarland Medical School, Homburg, Germany
Biol Chem 382:891-902. 2001..The repressors studied were: REST, the thyroid hormone receptors alpha and beta, the zinc finger protein NK10 containing a 'krÃ¼ppel-associated box' (KRAB), repressor domains derived from the proteins Egr-1, Oct2A and Dr1 ..
- Effect of general and epidural anaesthesia on thyroid hormones and immunity in neonatesA Gasparoni
Research Laboratories, Policlinico San Matteo, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Paediatr Anaesth 12:59-64. 2002..The aim of this study was to verify if variations of thyroid hormones related to circumstances of delivery and mode of maternal anaesthesia can contribute to neonatal neutrophil respiratory burst and natural killer cell activity...
- Spastic paraplegia, optic atrophy, and neuropathy is linked to chromosome 11q13Lucia I Macedo-Souza
Department of Biology, Institute of Biological Sciences and Center for Study of Human Genome, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Neurol 57:730-7. 2005..8Mb and has more than 100 genes and expressed sequences. We propose the acronym SPOAN (spastic paraplegia, optic atrophy, and neuropathy) for this complex syndrome...
- Gene modulation associated with inhibition of liver regeneration in hepatitis B virus X transgenic miceMalgorzata Sidorkiewicz
INSERM Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U845, CHU Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, Paris 75015, France
World J Gastroenterol 14:574-81. 2008..To analyze the modulation of gene expression profile associated with inhibition of liver regeneration in hepatitis B X (HBx)-expressing transgenic mice...
- Immediate efficacy of diode laser application in the treatment of dentine hypersensitivity in periodontal maintenance patients: a randomized clinical trialAlberto Sicilia
Clinica Sicilia, Oviedo, Spain
J Clin Periodontol 36:650-60. 2009To evaluate the immediate efficacy in the reduction of dentine hypersensitivity (DH) when applying an 810 nm diode laser (DL), and a 10% potassium nitrate bioadhesive gel (NK10%).
- Genome-wide pharmacogenomic study of neurocognition as an indicator of antipsychotic treatment response in schizophreniaJoseph L McClay
Center for Biomarker Research and Personalized Medicine, School of Pharmacy, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0533, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:616-26. 2011..This study has generated several novel candidate genes for antipsychotic response. However, our findings will require replication and functional validation. To facilitate replication efforts, we provide all GWAS p-values for download...
- Zinc-finger protein 90 negatively regulates neuron-restrictive silencer factor-mediated transcriptional repression of fetal cardiac genesLeo Hata
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 50:972-81. 2011..Collectively, these results suggest that Zfp90 functions as a negative regulator of NRSF and contributes to genetic remodeling during the development of cardiac dysfunction...
- Construction of novel conditional transgenic vectors for molecular therapy based on the Tet-On system and flanked with insulators in a single plasmidYan A Wang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200011, P R China
Mol Med Report 2:799-803. 2009..expression, the most powerful repressor domain containing a 'kruppel-associated box' of the zinc finger protein NK10 was used and fused to TetR in one of the two vectors...
- Fine-mapping of colorectal cancer susceptibility loci at 8q23.3, 16q22.1 and 19q13.11: refinement of association signals and use of in silico analysis to suggest functional variation and unexpected candidate target genesLuis G Carvajal-Carmona
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics and Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Hum Mol Genet 20:2879-88. 2011..In addition, caution should be exercised when assigning functionality to candidate genes in regions discovered through GWA analysis...