Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NIR
Description: NOC2 like nucleolar associated transcriptional repressor
Alias: NET15, NET7, NIR, PPP1R112, nucleolar complex protein 2 homolog, NOC2-like protein, NOC2L nucleolar associated transcriptional repressor, novel INHAT (inhibitor of histone acetyltransferase) repressor, novel INHAT repressor, nucleolar complex associated 2 homolog, protein NOC2 homolog, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 12
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- [Non-destructive and rapid identification of bacteria using near-infrared spectroscopy]T Matsunaga
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Aoto Hospital, Jikei University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 69:729-37. 1995Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy has recently come to be applied extensively in agricultural, food and chemical industries, and pharmaceutical science. We have been attempting to expand this method in the field of medical science...
- Nicotinamide riboside, an unusual, non-typical, substrate of purified purine-nucleoside phosphorylasesB Wielgus-Kutrowska
Department of Biophysics, Institute of Experimental Physics, University of Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Biochem 243:408-14. 1997Nicotinamide 1-beta-D-riboside (Nir), the cationic, reducible moiety of the coenzyme NAD+, has been confirmed as an unusual substrate for purified purine-nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) from a mammalian source (calf spleen)...
- Association of a protein phosphatase 1 activity with the human factor C1 (HCF) complexP M Ajuh
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 28:678-86. 2000..The data suggest novel roles for HCF and PP1, which may be relevant to their functions in transcription and cell cycle progression...
- NIR is a novel INHAT repressor that modulates the transcriptional activity of p53Philip Hublitz
Frauenklinik der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, Zentrale Klinische Forschung, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Genes Dev 19:2912-24. 2005..NIR (Novel INHAT Repressor) is ubiquitously expressed throughout embryonic development and adulthood...
- NIR, an inhibitor of histone acetyltransferases, regulates transcription factor TAp63 and is controlled by the cell cycleKristina Heyne
José Carreras Research Center, Bldg 45 3, University of Saarland Medical School, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:3159-71. 2010..b>Novel INHAT Repressor (NIR) is an inhibitor of HAT...
- Aurora B interacts with NIR-p53, leading to p53 phosphorylation in its DNA-binding domain and subsequent functional suppressionLiming Wu
Laboratory of Host Defenses, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 286:2236-44. 2011NIR (novel INHAT repressor) is a transcriptional co-repressor with inhibitor of histone acetyltransferase (INHAT) activity and has previously been shown to physically interact with and suppress p53 transcriptional activity and function...
- Two enzymes with a common function but different heme ligands in the forms as isolated. Optical and magnetic properties of the heme groups in the oxidized forms of nitrite reductase, cytochrome cd1, from Pseudomonas stutzeri and Thiosphaera pantotrophaM R Cheesman
Centre for Metalloprotein Spectroscopy and Biology, School of Chemical Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, U K
Biochemistry 36:16267-76. 1997..It is confirmed by EPR and near-infrared (NIR) MCD measurements that the bis-histidine coordination remains unaltered in the solution phase...
- Comparison of bean biochemical composition and beverage quality of Arabica hybrids involving Sudanese-Ethiopian origins with traditional varieties at various elevations in Central AmericaBenoit Bertrand
Centre de Cooperation Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpement CIRAD, UMR DGPC, TA80 PS3, 34398 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Tree Physiol 26:1239-48. 2006..acid, trigonelline, fat and sucrose) were evaluated by predictive models based on calibration of near-infrared (NIR) spectra and by chemometric analysis of the global NIR spectrum...
- X-ray structure and site-directed mutagenesis of a nitrite reductase from Alcaligenes faecalis S-6: roles of two copper atoms in nitrite reductionM Kukimoto
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochemistry 33:5246-52. 1994Nitrite reductase (NIR) from the denitrifying bacterium Alcaligenes faecalis S-6 is a copper-containing enzyme which requires pseudoazurin, a low molecular weight protein containing a single type I copper atom, as a direct electron donor ..
- Conformational changes occurring upon reduction and NO binding in nitrite reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaD Nurizzo
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, UPR 9039 CNRS, IBSM, Marseille, France
Biochemistry 37:13987-96. 1998Nitrite reductase (NiR) from Pseudomonas aeruginosa (EC 18.104.22.168) (NiR-Pa) is a soluble enzyme catalyzing the reduction of nitrite (NO2-) to nitric oxide (NO)...
- Multiphoton microscopy in life sciencesK Konig
Laser Microscopy Division, Institute of Anatomy II, Friedrich Schiller University, D 07740 Jena, Germany
J Microsc 200:83-104. 2000Near infrared (NIR) multiphoton microscopy is becoming a novel optical tool of choice for fluorescence imaging with high spatial and temporal resolution, diagnostics, photochemistry and nanoprocessing within living cells and tissues...
- Genomic analysis reveals widespread occurrence of new classes of copper nitrite reductasesMark J Ellis
Molecular Biophysics Group, Science and Technology Facilities Council, Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, Cheshire, UK
J Biol Inorg Chem 12:1119-27. 2007Recently, the structure of a Cu-containing nitrite reductase (NiR) from Hyphomicrobium denitrificans (HdNiR) has been reported, establishing the existence of a new family of Cu-NiR where an additional type 1 Cu (T1Cu) containing ..
- N-terminal arm exchange is observed in the 2.15 A crystal structure of oxidized nitrite reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaD Nurizzo
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, U P R 9039 C N R S, I B S M, Marseille, France
Structure 5:1157-71. 1997Nitrite reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa (NiR-Pa) is a dimer consisting of two identical 60 kDa subunits, each of which contains one c and one d1 heme group...
- Major oxidative products of cytosine are substrates for the nucleotide incision repair pathwayStéphane Daviet
Groupe Réparation de l ADN, UMR 8126 CNRS, Univ Paris Sud, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:8-18. 2007..However, in alternative nucleotide incision repair (NIR) pathway the apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endonucleases incise DNA duplex 5' to an oxidatively damaged base in a DNA ..
- A rapid method for the quantification of fatty acids in fats and oils with emphasis on trans fatty acids using Fourier Transform near infrared spectroscopy (FT-NIR)Hormoz Azizian
NIR Technologies Inc, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Lipids 40:855-67. 2005..and quantifying the FA composition of edible oils and fats using Fourier Transform near infrared spectroscopy (FT-NIR)...
- Tissue hemoglobin O2 saturation during resuscitation of traumatic shock monitored using near infrared spectrometryB A McKinley
University of Texas Houston Medical School, 77030, USA
J Trauma 48:637-42. 2000Near infrared (NIR) spectrometry offers a noninvasive monitor of tissue hemoglobin O2 saturation and has been developed to report a quantitative clinical variable, StO2 [= HbO2/(HbO2 + Hb)]...
- [Effect of powder's particle size on the quantitative prediction of volatile oil content in Zanthoxylum bungeagum by NIR technique]Shi Ping Zhu
College of Engineering and Technology, Southwest University, Chongqing 400716, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:775-9. 2008..For each sample, the NIR spectra of 8 different kinds of particle size powders were measured using a Bruker MATRIX-I FT-NIR spectrometer...
- NIR laser tissue welding of in vitro porcine cornea and sclera tissueHoward E Savage
Department of Pathology, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, 2nd Avenue and 14th Street, New York, NY 10003, USA
Lasers Surg Med 35:293-303. 2004The objective of this study was to test the hypothesis that an near infrared (NIR) laser system (1,455 nm) in combination with a motorized translational stage to control the position and speed of the laser beam and a shutter to control ..
- Immunoassay of goat antihuman immunoglobulin G antibody based on luminescence resonance energy transfer between near-infrared responsive NaYF4:Yb, Er upconversion fluorescent nanoparticles and gold nanoparticlesMeng Wang
College of Sciences, Northeastern University, Shenyang 110004, People s Republic of China
Anal Chem 81:8783-9. 2009Near-infrared (NIR) light can penetrate biological samples and even tissues without causing sample damage and avoid autofluorescence from biological samples in fluorescence detection...
- Lower extremity ulcer image segmentation of visual and near-infrared imageryVladimir Bochko
Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation, University of Vaasa, Vaasa, Finland
Skin Res Technol 16:190-7. 2010..In addition to visual color information, we use near-infrared (NIR) images because NIR can penetrate deeper into tissue than visual light...
- Dual-labeled trastuzumab-based imaging agent for the detection of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 overexpression in breast cancerLakshmi Sampath
Division of Molecular Imaging, Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Nucl Med 48:1501-10. 2007..800CW)(m), that is dual labeled with (111)In, a gamma-emitter, and a near-infrared (NIR) fluorescent dye, IRDye 800CW, to detect HER2 overexpression in breast cancer cells...
- Stable copper-nitrosyl formation by nitrite reductase in either oxidation stateElitza I Tocheva
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Biochemistry 46:12366-74. 2007Nitrite reductase (NiR) is an enzyme that uses type 1 and type 2 copper sites to reduce nitrite to nitric oxide during bacterial denitrification...
- Blend uniformity end-point determination using near-infrared spectroscopy and multivariate calibrationYusuf Sulub
Technical Research and Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, United States
J Pharm Biomed Anal 55:429-34. 2011A multivariate calibration approach using near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy for determining blend uniformity end-point of a pharmaceutical solid dosage form containing 29...
- Reconstitution of the type-1 active site of the H145G/A variants of nitrite reductase by ligand insertionHein J Wijma
Gorlaeus Laboratories, Metallo Protein Group, Leiden University, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 42:4075-83. 2003Variants of the copper-containing nitrite reductase (NiR) of Alcaligenes faecalis S6 were constructed by site-directed mutagenesis, by which the C-terminal histidine ligand (His145) of the Cu in the type-1 site was replaced by an alanine ..
- Uncoupling of the base excision and nucleotide incision repair pathways reveals their respective biological rolesAlexander A Ishchenko
Groupe Réparation de l ADN, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8126, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2564-9. 2006..Alternatively, in the nucleotide incision repair (NIR) pathway, the same AP endonucleases incise DNA 5' of a number of oxidatively damaged bases...
- Impaired interhemispheric integration in brain oxygenation and hemodynamics in schizophreniaF Okada
Health Administration Center, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:17-25. 1994..Multi channel near-infrared (NIR) spectrophotometry was used to observed real-time alterations in cerebral oxygenation in areas of both hemispheres ..
- [Optimizing spectral region in using near-infrared spectroscopy for donkey milk analysis]Li Min Zheng
College of Information and Electrical Engineering, China Agricultural University Beijing 100083, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 27:2224-7. 2007..In the present paper, these factors of donkey milk were investigated by Fourier transform near-infrared (FT-NIR) spectroscopy. The ranges of protein, fat and ash contents, and energy value in donkey milk samples were 1.15%-2...
- A flexible multicamera visual-tracking system for detecting and correcting motion-induced artifacts in cardiac SPECT slicesJoseph E McNamara
Department of Radiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester Massachusetts 01655, USA
Med Phys 36:1913-23. 2009..Therefore, the authors investigated the Vicon MX visual-tracking system (VTS) which utilizes near-infrared (NIR) cameras to stereo-image small retroreflective markers on stretchy bands wrapped about the chest and abdomen of ..
- Femtosecond near-infrared laser pulses elicit generation of reactive oxygen species in mammalian cells leading to apoptosis-like deathU K Tirlapur
Laser Microscopy Division, Institute of Anatomy II, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Teichgraben 7, Jena, D 07743, Germany
Exp Cell Res 263:88-97. 2001Two-photon excitation-based near-infrared (NIR) laser scanning microscopy is currently emerging as a new and versatile alternative to conventional confocal laser scanning microscopy, particularly for vital cell imaging in life sciences...
- Real-time intraoperative assessment of the extrahepatic bile ducts in rats and pigs using invisible near-infrared fluorescent lightEiichi Tanaka
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Surgery 144:39-48. 2008..We hypothesized that with an appropriate fluorophore and imaging system, invisible near-infrared (NIR) light could be used for image-guided procedures on the extrahepatic bile ducts.
- In-line and real-time process monitoring of a freeze drying process using Raman and NIR spectroscopy as complementary process analytical technology (PAT) toolsT R M De Beer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Analysis, Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Pharm Sci 98:3430-46. 2009The aim of the present study was to examine the complementary properties of Raman and near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy as PAT tools for the fast, noninvasive, nondestructive and in-line process monitoring of a freeze drying process...
- Dynamic hydrogen-bonding network in the distal pocket of the nitrosyl complex of Pseudomonas aeruginosa cd1 nitrite reductaseMarina Radoul
Department of Chemical Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Am Chem Soc 133:3043-55. 2011cd(1) nitrite reductase (NIR) is a key enzyme in the denitrification process that reduces nitrite to nitric oxide (NO)...
- Validation of a near-infrared probe for detection of thin intracranial white matter structuresCole A Giller
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8855, USA
J Neurosurg 98:1299-306. 2003The authors have developed an intracranial near-infrared (NIR) probe that analyzes the scattering of light emitted from its tip to measure the optical properties of cerebral tissue...
- Investigating the fermentation of cocoa by correlating denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis profiles and near infrared spectraDennis S Nielsen
Department of Food Science, Faculty of Life Sciences, Centre for Advanced Food Studies LMC, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Food Microbiol 125:133-40. 2008..Near Infrared (NIR) spectroscopy has previously been used to determine various components in cocoa beans, offering a rapid alternative ..
- A noninvasive method for assessing interior skin damage caused by chronological aging and photoaging based on near-infrared diffuse reflection spectroscopyYuta Miyamae
POLA Chemical Industries, Inc, Corporate Planning Department, 27 1 Takashimadai, Kanagawa ku, Yokohama 221 0833 Japan
Appl Spectrosc 62:677-81. 2008This paper reports a noninvasive method for evaluating skin aging based on near-infrared diffuse reflectance (NIR-DR) spectroscopy. Skin aging can be attributed to photoaging and chronological aging...
- Optimization of a pharmaceutical freeze-dried product and its process using an experimental design approach and innovative process analyzersT R M De Beer
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
Talanta 83:1623-33. 2011..examine the possibilities/advantages of using recently introduced in-line spectroscopic process analyzers (Raman, NIR and plasma emission spectroscopy), within well-designed experiments, for the optimization of a pharmaceutical ..
- Does the reduction of c heme trigger the conformational change of crystalline nitrite reductase?D Nurizzo
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, UPR9039 CNRS, IBSM, 31, ch Joseph Aiguier, Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Biol Chem 274:14997-5004. 1999The structures of nitrite reductase from Paracoccus denitrificans GB17 (NiR-Pd) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (NiR-Pa) have been described for the oxidized and reduced state (Fülöp, V., Moir, J. W. B., Ferguson, S. J., and Hajdu, J...
- Experimental evidence for plasmid-borne nor-nir genes in Sinorhizobium meliloti JJ1c10Yiu Kwok Chan
Eastern Cereal and Oilseed Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Ottawa, ON
Can J Microbiol 50:657-67. 2004In denitrification, nir and nor genes are respectively required for the sequential dissimilatory reduction of nitrite and nitric oxide to form nitrous oxide...
- Diversity and function of Chloroflexus-like bacteria in a hypersaline microbial mat: phylogenetic characterization and impact on aerobic respirationAmi Bachar
Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology, Bremen, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:3975-83. 2007..of Chloroflexus-like bacteria (CLB) in a hypersaline phototrophic microbial mat and assayed their near-infrared (NIR) light-dependent oxygen respiration rates...
- Preparation and characterization of highly fluorescent, glutathione-coated near infrared quantum dots for in vivo fluorescence imagingTakashi Jin
WPI Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Int J Mol Sci 9:2044-61. 2008Fluorescent probes that emit in the near-infrared (NIR, 700-1,300 nm) region are suitable as optical contrast agents for in vivo fluorescence imaging because of low scattering and absorption of the NIR light in tissues...
- Visualizing the effect of gold nanocages on absorption, imaging, and lower critical solution temperature phase transition of individual poly(NiPAM)-based hydrogel particles by near infrared multispectral imaging microscopyIrena Mejac
Department of Chemistry, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, United States
Anal Chem 83:3520-7. 2011We have successfully utilized the near-infrared multispectral imaging (NIR-MSI) microscope to observe and measure directly images and spectra of individual hydrogel particles alone or with added gold nanocages (GNs)...
- Near-infrared chemical imaging (NIR-CI) on pharmaceutical solid dosage forms-comparing common calibration approachesCarsten Ravn
Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:554-61. 2008Near-infrared chemical imaging (NIR-CI) is the fusion of near-infrared spectroscopy and image analysis. It can be used to visualize the spatial distribution of the chemical compounds in a sample (providing a chemical image)...
- Exposure assessment of aluminum arc welding radiationChiung Yu Peng
Graduate Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Kaohsiung Medical Univeristy, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Health Phys 93:298-306. 2007The purpose of this study is to evaluate the non-ionizing radiation (NIR) exposure, especially optical radiation levels, and potential health hazard from aluminum arc welding processes based on the American Conference of Governmental ..
- Use of near infrared femtosecond lasers as sub-micron radiation microbeam for cell DNA damage and repair studiesS W Botchway
STFC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, R25A, Room 80, Chilton Didcot, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX11OQX, UK
Mutat Res 704:38-44. 2010..This mini-review focuses on the use of near infrared (NIR) ca...
- Colonic adenocarcinomas: near-infrared microcatheter imaging of smart probes for early detection--study in miceHerlen Alencar
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Bldg 149, 13th St, Room 5408, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Radiology 244:232-8. 2007..evaluate the ability of micro-fiberoptic catheters, which simultaneously record white light and near-infrared (NIR) images, to reveal colonic neoplasms after the intravenous administration of activatable "smart" probes ..
- Mixed d-f3 coordination complexes possessing improved near-infrared (NIR) lanthanide luminescent properties in aqueous solutionAline M Nonat
School of Chemistry, Center for Synthesis and Chemical Biology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Inorg Chem 49:8449-56. 2010..moiety as a pendant arm, has been used as a ditopic ligand for the complexation of d- and near infrared (NIR) emitting (and) f-metal ions...
- New methodology to obtain a calibration model for noninvasive near-infrared blood glucose monitoringKatsuhiko Maruo
Matsushita Electric Works Ltd, Kadoma, Osaka 571 8686, Japan
Appl Spectrosc 60:441-9. 2006..to obtain a calibration model for noninvasive blood glucose monitoring using diffuse reflectance near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy...
- Design and synthesis of highly luminescent near-infrared-emitting water-soluble CdTe/CdSe/ZnS core/shell/shell quantum dotsWenjin Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, Department of Chemistry, and School of Bioengineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Inorg Chem 48:9723-31. 2009Applications of water-dispersible near-infrared (NIR)-emitting quantum dots (QDs) have been hampered by their instability and low photoluminescence (PL) efficiencies...
- Comparison of the body mass index to other methods of body fat evaluation in ethnic Japanese and Caucasian adolescent girlsM A Sampei
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:400-8. 2001....
- Development of a method for nondestructive NIR transmittance spectroscopic analysis of acetaminophen and caffeine anhydrate in intact bilayer tabletsMasatomo Ito
PAT Committee, Japan Society of Pharmaceutical Machinery and Engineering, Miyoshi Bld 3F, 2 7 3 Kandata cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0046, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 53:396-402. 2010Calibration models for nondestructive NIR analysis of API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) contents in two separate layers of intact bilayer tablets were established...
- Application of a fiber-optic NIR-EFA sensor system for in situ monitoring of aromatic hydrocarbons in contaminated groundwaterJ Buerck
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institut für Instrumentelle Analytik, P O Box 3640, D 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
J Hazard Mater 83:11-28. 2001..By using near-infrared (NIR) evanescent field absorption (EFA) measurements in quartz glass fibers coated with a hydrophobic silicone membrane ..
- Intermediates of the S(3) state of the oxygen-evolving complex of photosystem IINikolaos Ioannidis
Institute of Materials Science, NCSR Demokritos, 15310 Aghia Paraskevi Attikis, Greece
Biochemistry 41:9589-600. 2002..This second paper examines all intermediates formed by the near-IR light (NIR) excitation of the S(3) state and compares these with the light-excitation products of the S(2)' state...
- Determination of origin and sugars of citrus fruits using genetic algorithm, correspondence analysis and partial least square combined with fiber optic NIR spectroscopyJagdish C Tewari
Department of Fiber Science and Apparel Design, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 71:1119-27. 2008..the sugar constituent's concentrations and the origin of citrus fruits using Fourier Transform Near-Infrared (FT-NIR) spectroscopy in conjunction with Artificial Neural Network (ANN) using genetic algorithm, Chemometrics and ..
- Real-time on-line blend uniformity monitoring using near-infrared reflectance spectrometry: a noninvasive off-line calibration approachYusuf Sulub
Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936, United States
J Pharm Biomed Anal 49:48-54. 2009A robust, noninvasive, real-time, on-line near-infrared (NIR) quantitative method is described for blend uniformity monitoring of a pharmaceutical solid dosage form containing 29...
- [Comparison of PLS and SMLR for nondestructive determination of sugar content in honey peach using NIRS]Hui rong Xu
College of Biosystems Engineering and Food Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:2523-6. 2008Nondestructive fruit quality assessment in packing houses can be carried out using near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy. However, in industrial process, some experimental conditions (e. g...
- Studies of the crystallization of amorphous trehalose using simultaneous gravimetric vapor sorption/near IR (GVS/NIR) and "modulated" GVS/NIRAbigail Moran
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London, UK
AAPS PharmSciTech 10:297-302. 2009..The idiosyncratic sample was seen to have a starting near infrared (NIR) spectra similar to that exhibited by anhydrous crystalline trehalose, implying that short-range order in the ..
- Early optical detection of cerebral edema in vivoAmandip S Gill
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
J Neurosurg 114:470-7. 2011..The authors report the development of 2 distinct minimally invasive fiberoptic near-infrared (NIR) techniques able to directly detect early cerebral edema.
- Spectral reflectance from a soybean canopy exposed to elevated CO2 and O3Sharon B Gray
Department of Plant Biology, University of Illinois, 265 Morrill Hall, 505 S Goodwin Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Exp Bot 61:4413-22. 2010..reflectance was measured weekly and the following indices were calculated from reflectance data: near infrared/red (NIR/red), normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI), canopy chlorophyll content index (chl...
- Spectroscopy of selected copper group minerals: Chalcophyllite and chenevixite-implications for hydrogen bondingRay L Frost
Inorganic Materials Research Program, School of Physical and Chemical Sciences, Queensland University of Technology, GPO Box 2434, Brisbane QLD 4001 Queensland, Australia
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 77:388-96. 2010b>NIR and IR spectroscopy has been applied for detection of chemical species and the nature of hydrogen bonding in arsenate complexes...
- The semiquinone-ruthenium combination as a remarkably invariant feature in the redox and substitution series [Ru(Q)(n)(acac)(3-n)](m), n = 1-3; m = (-2), -1, 0, +1, (+2); Q = 4,6-Di-tert-butyl-N-phenyl-o-iminobenzoquinoneDipanwita Das
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
Inorg Chem 48:11853-64. 2009..transfer behavior, which was analyzed using electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) and UV-vis-near-infrared (NIR) spectroelectrochemistry...
- Unlocking interpretation in near infrared multivariate calibrations by orthogonal partial least squaresHans Stenlund
Computational Life Science Cluster CLIC, Chemical Biology Center KBC, Umea University, SE 90187 Umea, Sweden
Anal Chem 81:203-9. 2009Near infrared spectroscopy (NIR) was developed primarily for applications such as the quantitative determination of nutrients in the agricultural and food industries...
- Coronary NIR stent implantation for refractory variant anginaC Kuppens
Division of Invasive Cardiology, Hartcentrum Hasselt, Virga Jesseziekenhuis, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 53:169-71. 1998..variant angina refractory to maximal medical therapy and at risk of sudden death was successfully treated by a NIR stent implantation on a moderate lesion of LAD. Six months later she was asymptomatic, without in-stent restenosis...
- Next generation fluidized bed granulator automationJ Rantanen
Pharmaceutical Technology Division, University of Helsinki, Finland
AAPS PharmSciTech 1:E10. 2000A system for fluidized bed granulator automation with in-line multichannel near infrared (NIR) moisture measurement and a unique air flow rate measurement design was assembled, and the information gained was investigated...
- The heme iron coordination of unfolded ferric and ferrous cytochrome c in neutral and acidic urea solutions. Spectroscopic and electrochemical studiesMilan Fedurco
Department of Chemistry, University of Geneva, 30 Quai Ernest Ansermet, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1703:31-41. 2004..In acidic 9 M urea solutions the UV-vis and near-infrared (NIR) magnetic circular dichroism (MCD) measurements have for the first time revealed the formation of a high spin His/H(..
- Application of multivariate curve resolution to chemical process control of an esterification reaction monitored by near-infrared spectroscopyMarcelo Blanco
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Appl Spectrosc 60:641-7. 2006..curve resolution-alternating least squares (MCR-ALS) methodology was applied to near-infrared spectroscopy (NIR) data for the esterification reaction between glycerol and a mixture of caprylic and capric acids...
- Coordinate synthesis of azurin I and copper nitrite reductase in Alcaligenes xylosoxidans during denitrificationRoger L Harris
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
Arch Microbiol 186:241-9. 2006..Both function as effective electron donors to copper nitrite reductase (NiR) in vitro...
- [Double-layer partial least squares method and its application to NIR spectroscopic quantitative analysis]Zhong Cheng
Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering, Zhejiang University of Science and Technology, Hangzhou 310012, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 27:1127-30. 2007Aiming at the near infrared spectroscopy (NIR) with local effect sensitivity, numerous predictor variables with serious multicollinearity and having nonlinear quantitative relationship with the chemical compositions from the spectral ..
- Cisplatin-loaded Au-Au2S nanoparticles for potential cancer therapy: cytotoxicity, in vitro carcinogenicity, and cellular uptakeLei Ren
Research Center of Biomedical Engineering, Medical College, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res A 85:787-96. 2008..A formulation of cisplatin-loaded Au-Au(2)S nanoparticles (NPs) with near-IR (NIR) sensitivity is reported to partly overcome this limitation in this paper...
- Application of near infrared spectroscopy for the determination of adsorbed p-nitrophenol on HDTMA organoclay--implications for the removal of organic pollutants from waterQin Zhou
Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510640, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:835-41. 2008b>NIR spectroscopy has been used to measure the adsorption of p-nitrophenol on untreated montmorillonite and surfactant exchanged montmorillonite...
- Nutritive evaluation of olive tree leaves by near-infrared spectroscopy: effect of soil contamination and correction with spectral pretreatmentsV M Fernández-Cabanás
Escuela Universitaria de Ingenieria Tecnica Agricola, University of Seville, Ctra, Utrera Km 1 41013 Sevilla, Spain
Appl Spectrosc 62:51-8. 2008..In this work, the effect of soil contamination on NIR spectra has been studied, as well as its correction with some of the most commonly used spectral pretreatments (..
- Effect of a tridentate ligand on the structure, electronic structure, and reactivity of the copper(I) nitrite complex: role of the conserved three-histidine ligand environment of the type-2 copper site in copper-containing nitrite reductasesMasato Kujime
Institute for Molecular Science and Okazaki Institute for Integrative Bioscience, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8787, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 130:6088-98. 2008..To investigate the structure-function relationship of Cu-NiR, we prepared five new copper(I) nitrite complexes with sterically hindered tris(4-imidazolyl)carbinols [Et-TIC = ..
- Risk estimation of skin damage due to ultrashort pulsed, focused near-infrared laser irradiation at 800 nmFrank Fischer
Research Microscopy, Beiersdorf AG, Unnastrasse 48, D 20245 Hamburg, Germany
J Biomed Opt 13:041320. 2008New imaging techniques using near-infrared (NIR) femtosecond lasers (fs-lasers) in multiphoton laser scanning microscopy (MPLSM) have great potential for in vivo applications, particularly in human skin...
- The spatial effect of near-infrared spectroscopy and its application to the study of supramolecular chemistryChen Bo Cai
State Key Laboratory of Chemo Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, PR China
Talanta 78:337-41. 2009An unlooked-for experimental observation that in near-infrared spectroscopy (NIR) the absorption peak of the second overtone of aniline adsorbed by 13X molecular sieve nearly disappeared led us investigate a fundamental question: the ..
- X-ray structure of a two-domain type laccase: a missing link in the evolution of multi-copper proteinsHirofumi Komori
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo and Himeji Institute of Technology, Ako gun, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
FEBS Lett 583:1189-95. 2009..X-ray structure analysis revealed a homotrimeric architecture for this enzyme, which resembles nitrite reductase (NIR). However, a difference in copper coordination was found at the domain interface...
- Use of near-infrared spectroscopy and least-squares support vector machine to determine quality change of tomato juiceLi juan Xie
College of Biosystems Engineering and Food Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 10:465-71. 2009Near-infrared (NIR) transmittance spectroscopy combined with least-squares support vector machine (LS-SVM) was investigated to study the quality change of tomato juice during the storage. A total of 100 tomato juice samples were used...
- [Application of wavelet packet analysis in estimating soil parameters based on NIR spectra]Li Hua Zheng
Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education on Modern Precision Agriculture System Integration Research, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 29:1549-52. 2009Using the method of wavelet analysis, the NIR spectra of soil samples were decomposed and reconstructed, and higher precision PLS models were established to estimate soil parameter (TN, SOM)...
- Optical and dielectric properties of isothermally crystallized nano-KNbO3 in Er3+-doped K2O-Nb2O5-SiO2 glassesReenamoni Saikia Chaliha
Glass Division, Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Kolkata, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 75:243-50. 2010..The near infrared (NIR) emission transition (4)I(13/2)-->(4)I(15/2) is detected around 1550 nm on excitation at 980 nm ((4)I(15/2)-->..
- Determination of flow properties of pharmaceutical powders by near infrared spectroscopyMafalda C Sarraguça
REQUIMTE, Servico de Quimica Fisica, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade do Porto, R Aníbal Cunha No 164, 4099 030 Porto, Portugal
J Pharm Biomed Anal 52:484-92. 2010..35% for the angle of repose, 2.51% for the tapped density and 3.18% for the aerated density, show the potential of NIR spectroscopy in the determination of physical properties affecting the flowability of pharmaceutical powders.
- Prediction of wound healing in human diabetic foot ulcers by diffuse near-infrared spectroscopy: a pilot studyMichael S Weingarten
Drexel University College of Medicine, Surgery, Philadelphia, PA 19072, USA
Wound Repair Regen 18:180-5. 2010A human study was conducted in which the efficacy of in vivo diffuse near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy was demonstrated in predicting wound healing in diabetic foot ulcers...
- Two-photon techniques in tissue engineeringRonald Schade
Institute for Bioprocessing and Analytical Measurement Techniques iba, Department of Biomaterials, Heilbad Heiligenstadt Germany
Int J Artif Organs 33:219-27. 2010b>NIR radiation in the range of about 800 nm is less absorbed by biological tissues and is suited for triggering photonic effects using femtosecond pulsed Ti:Sa lasers...
- Rapid noninvasive continuous monitoring of oxygenation in cerebral ischemia and hypoxiaJohn K J Li
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cardiovascular Engineering Lab, 599 Taylor Rd, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Cardiovasc Eng 10:213-7. 2010..We have developed a noninvasive electro-optical method using pulsed near-infrared (NIR) light to quantify brain oxygenation during ischemia and hypoxia in anesthetized rabbits...
- Bioconjugated PLGA-4-arm-PEG branched polymeric nanoparticles as novel tumor targeting carriersHong Ding
Department of Chemistry, Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Nanotechnology 22:165101. 2011..Near infrared (NIR) microscopy and flow cytometry demonstrated that the cRGD conjugated PLGA-4-arm-PEG polymeric NPs were taken up ..
- NIR spectroscopic imaging to map hemoglobin + myoglobin oxygenation, their concentration and optical pathlength across a beating pig heart during surgeryEugene Gussakovsky
National Research Council Institute for Biodiagnostics, 435 Ellice Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3B 1Y6
J Biophotonics 5:128-39. 2012The purpose of this paper is to demonstrate that near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopic imaging can provide spatial distribution (maps) of the absolute concentration of hemoglobin + myoglobin, oxygen saturation parameter and optical ..
- Intron features of key functional genes mediating nitrogen metabolism in marine phytoplanktonPunyasloke Bhadury
Department of Geosciences, Guyot Hall, Princeton University, NJ 08544, USA
Mar Genomics 4:207-13. 2011..cultivated phytoplankton as well as in environmental clone libraries of nitrate reductases (NR), nitrite reductase (NiR), nitrate transporter (Nrt2) and ammonium transporter (AMT) genes constructed from pelagic phytoplankton ..
- Functionalized squaraine donors for nanocrystalline organic photovoltaicsGuodan Wei
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
ACS Nano 6:972-8. 2012We study a family of functionalized squaraine (fSQ) donors for absorbing in the near-infrared (NIR) and green spectral regions...
- Development of biocompatible polymeric nanoparticles for in vivo NIR and FRET imagingAnil Wagh
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota 58108 6050, United States
Bioconjug Chem 23:981-92. 2012The majority of near-infrared (NIR) fluorophores are organic molecules that show significant overlap between the excitation and emission spectra and therefore exhibit high fluorescence backgrounds during in vivo imaging...
- The growth of CuSi composite nanorod arrays by oblique angle co-deposition, and their structural, electrical and optical propertiesYuping He
Department of Physics and Astronomy, and Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Nanotechnology 23:365703. 2012..a remarkable anisotropic response to visible light with an eccentricity e ≈ 1, whereas their optical response to NIR light depends strongly on the Cu composition, and the related eccentricity increases monotonically with the ..
- Multiwavelength transmission spectroscopy revisited for the characterization of the protein and polystyrene nanoparticle interactionsYulia M Serebrennikova
Claro Scientific, L L C, 10100 Dr Martin Luther King, Jr Street N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33716, USA
Appl Spectrosc 67:86-92. 2013Multiwavelength transmission ultraviolet-visible-near-infrared (UV-Vis-NIR) spectroscopy is an effective technique that has not yet been fully exploited for the characterization of products of protein and particle interactions...
- Multifactorial diagnostic NIR imaging of CCK2R expressing tumorsSusanne Kossatz
Department of Experimental Radiology, Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology I, Jena University Hospital, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Germany
Biomaterials 34:5172-80. 2013..Especially the dQ-MG-754 probe bears great potential for translation to clinical endoscopy imaging, because it combines specific high affinity binding with renal elimination and a favorable biodistribution...
- Enhanced retention and cellular uptake of nanoparticles in tumors by controlling their aggregation behaviorXiangsheng Liu
MOE Key Laboratory of Macromolecular Synthesis and Functionalization, Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
ACS Nano 7:6244-57. 2013..A preliminary photothermal tumor ablation evaluation suggested the aggregation of AuNPs can be applied to cancer NIR photothermal therapy...
- Fast and inexpensive detection of total and extractable element concentrations in aquatic sediments using near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy (NIRS)Till Kleinebecker
Institute of Landscape Ecology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e70517. 2013..Based on the NIR spectral data and the reference values, calibration models for the prediction of element concentrations in unknown ..
- High specific detection and near-infrared photothermal therapy of lung cancer cells with high SERS active aptamer-silver-gold shell-core nanostructuresPing Wu
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of New Power Batteries, College of Chemistry and Materials Science, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210097, P R China
Analyst 138:6501-10. 2013..surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) assay for sensitive and specific detection, and near-infrared (NIR) photothermal therapy of lung adenocarcinoma cells (A549 cells)...
- Quantitative on-line vs. off-line NIR analysis of fluidized bed drying with consideration of the spectral backgroundNicolas Heigl
Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering, Graz, Austria
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 85:1064-74. 2013..First, dynamic PLSR modeling was carried out, i.e., the NIR spectra were on-line recorded and predicted throughout the drying process...
- Near infrared and visible luminescence from xerogels covalently grafted with lanthanide [Sm(3+), Yb(3+), Nd(3+), Er(3+), Pr(3+), Ho(3+)] β-diketonate derivatives using visible light excitationLining Sun
Research Center of Nano Science and Technology, Shanghai University, Shanghai, Shanghai 200444, P R China
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 5:9585-93. 2013..with visible light (400-410 nm), the xerogels all show characteristic visible (Sm(3+)) as well as near-infrared (NIR; Sm(3+), Yb(3+), Nd(3+), Er(3+), Pr(3+), Ho(3+)) luminescence of the corresponding Ln(3+) ions, which is attributed ..
- Infrared machine vision system for the automatic detection of olive fruit qualityElena Guzmán
Centro IFAPA, Venta del Llano, Crta Nacional Bailén Motril Km 18 5, Mengibar, Jaén 23620, Spain Electronic address
Talanta 116:894-8. 2013..Images of defects were acquired using a digital monochrome camera with band-pass filters on near-infrared (NIR)...
- A Process Analytical Technology (PAT) approach to control a new API manufacturing process: development, validation and implementationCédric Schaefer
UCB Pharma, Analytical Development Chemicals, Avenue de l Industrie, 1420 Braine L Alleud, Belgium Institut des Sciences Moléculaires de Marseille, CNRS, UMR 7313, Ecole Centrale Marseille, Aix Marseille Universite, Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen, Case A62, 13397 Marseille Cedex 20, France Electronic address
Talanta 120:114-25. 2014..An analytical method based on near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy was developed as a PAT tool to control on-line an API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) ..
- Chemometric analysis for identification of botanical raw materials for pharmaceutical use: a case study using Panax notoginsengJieqiang Zhu
Pharmaceutical Informatics Institute, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 9:e87462. 2014..ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), capillary electrophoresis (CE) and near infrared spectroscopy (NIR) were used to generate fingerprints of different plant parts of Panax notoginseng...
- Towards a real time release approach for manufacturing tablets using NIR spectroscopyAude Pestieau
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, C I R M, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium Electronic address
J Pharm Biomed Anal 98:60-7. 2014..Partial least square (PLS) regression was selected to build the prediction NIR models for content uniformity, tablet hardness and disintegration time...
- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer by combination of chemotherapy and photothermal ablation using doxorubicin-loaded DNA wrapped gold nanorodsDangge Wang
Center of Pharmaceutics, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Biomaterials 35:8374-84. 2014..nanoparticles induced significant temperature elevation and DOX release upon irradiation with near infrared (NIR) light as shown in the test tube studies...
- Real-time monitoring of hemodynamic changes in tumor vessels during photoimmunotherapy using optical coherence tomographyChia Pin Liang
University of Maryland, Fischell Department of Bioengineering, 2218 Jeong H Kim Engineering Building, College Park, Maryland 20742, United States
J Biomed Opt 19:98004. 2014..antibody conjugate that induces rapid and highly selective cancer cell necrosis after exposure to near-infrared (NIR) light...
- Multifunctional SiO2@Gd2O3:Yb/Tm hollow capsules: controllable synthesis and drug release propertiesGuixin Yang
Key Laboratory of Superlight Materials and Surface Technology, Ministry of Education, College of Material Sciences and Chemical Engineering, Harbin Engineering University, Harbin 150001, P R China
Inorg Chem 53:10917-27. 2014..Under 980 nm near-infrared (NIR) laser irradiation, the composites show characteristic blue UC emissions of Tm(3+) even after carrying doxorubicin ..
- Novel Extended Red-Shifted Rhodamine DyesNICHOLAS CAIRNS; Fiscal Year: 2004Fluorescent dyes that operate in the long visible / near infra-red (NIR) region of the electromagnetic spectrum are excellent reporter components of molecular probes, fluorescent ligands, enzyme substrates, imaging contrast agents and ..
- Computational Optical Tomography for Anti-stroke Therapy (R21/R33)Hanli Liu; Fiscal Year: 2009..the fast GCR algorithm for 3D tomographic reconstruction of vascular contents and oxygenation based on the CCD/NIR measurements...
- Integrated EEG/NIR Sensor System for InfantsCatherine Poulsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..New architecture will modulate up to 64 NIR light sources (32 dual-wavelength LEDs) at different frequencies and demodulate signals from up to 96 detectors...
- Integrated EEG/NIR Sensor System for InfantsCatherine Poulsen; Fiscal Year: 2009..objective of the proposed project is to design a cost-effective, light-weight, integrated, whole- head EEG/NIR brain imaging and data analysis system for non-invasive recording of brain activity in neonates and young children...
- Kelly Michaelsen; Fiscal Year: 2016..the differences in optical signatures between healthy and malignant breast tissue using a combined Near Infrared (NIR) spectral tomography (NIRST) and digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) system...
- Development of EPR and NIR Oximetry for Diabetic FootMohammad Khan; Fiscal Year: 2007..will apply 2 emerging techniques; electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) oximetry and near infrared spectroscopy (NIR) to measure tissue oxygenation more directly and reliably in healthy volunteers...
- Transrectal Imaging of Prostate Cancer Using a Globally Convergent MethodHanli Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..and fast imaging reconstruction algorithm with proven mathematical foundation, leading to an economic and practical NIR imager for prostate cancer detection...
- NEAR-INFRARED CHEMICAL SENSORS--DIABETES & HEMODIALYSISMark Arnold; Fiscal Year: 1999..goal of the research program described in this grant application centers around the development of near infrared (NIR) spectroscopic chemical sensors for clinical and biomedical measurements...
- Fluorescence enhanced optical tomographyEva M Sevick-Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2012..systems into the gantry of the Inveon CT which can be coupled into the Inveon PET for hybrid CT, PET, and NIR optical tomography;(2) Build an animal bed compatible for CT, PET, and NIR tomography which facilitates ..
- A Platform for Cancer Biomarker Validation: Image Fusion Using NIR FluorescenceAli Kamen; Fiscal Year: 2013..To solve this problem, our laboratory has developed new near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence technology that permits simultaneous (same slide) immunostaining and hematoxylin/eosin (H&E) ..
- Amit Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2014..cancer nanotherapeutics based on the photothermal response of gold nanostructures designed to absorb near-infrared (NIR), tissue-penetrating light has exhibited near 100% efficacy in the remission of tumors: this stands as one of the ..
- Quing Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We propose to validate the potential role of our novel near-infrared (NIR) diffuse optical tomography guided by ultrasound (NIR/US) imaging system in assessing patient pathological response to ..
- Chongzhao Ran; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>NIR (near infrared imaging), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and PET (positron emission tomography) are the imaging ..
- FREQUENCY DOMAIN OPTICAL IMAGING OF BREAST CANCERKeith D Paulsen; Fiscal Year: 2012PROJECT SUMMARY/ABSTRACT The long-term goal of this project is to develop and optimize NIR breast tomography with the objective of identifying the most promising technical approaches which should progress into human studies designed to ..
- Sub-Wavelength Imaging of Intracellular Metal IonsJoseph R Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2010..structures will be made out of gold, silver or aluminum, which will extend the wavelength range from the UV to the NIR. We will use the focused ion beam (FIB) method to fabricate the initial structures...
- In vivo feasibility of a peripheral nerve imaging agentStephen B Kahl; Fiscal Year: 2013..to show in vivo feasibility of a novel peripheral nerve imaging agent or "nerve paint" comprised of a NearInfrared (NIR) dye conjugated to recombinant human Nerve Growth Factor (rhNGF) (rhNGF-NIR)...
- Diagnostic Nodal Staging with Nuclear and NIR Molecular Optical ImagingEva M Sevick-Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2012..imaging will be produced under the BCM and LI-COR expertise in the Chemistry Core;imaged with near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imaging and tomography devices built and algorithms written in the Instrumentation and Tomography ..
- RTE/FDPM for optical imaging of cancer in small animal modelsTodd Wareing; Fiscal Year: 2009..reconstruction;and (5) to quantitative demonstrate commercial viability through imaging of a peptide targeted NIR and visible fluorescent contrast agent in xenograft mice...
- Edward M Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2016..TNF-Tg) mouse model of RA to developed: contrast enhanced (CE) MRI, near-infrared indocyanine green (NIR-ICG)-imaging and in vivo micro-CT in order to visualize and quantify changes in soft tissues, lymphatic flow, and ..
- Multi-Spectral Parallel-Plate Diffuse Optical Breast TomographyArjun G Yodh; Fiscal Year: 2012..tumor screening, diagnostic and monitoring capabilities of diffuse optical tomography (DOT) with near infrared (NIR) light...
- Multispectral Fluorescence Molecular Tomography with Structured LightXavier Intes; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will integrate a non-contact optical imager based on high-power NIR laser, Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) and time-resolved spectrophotometer...
- Optical Imaging Fused with Tomosynthesis for Improved Breast CancerKeith D Paulsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Hologic, Inc (Bedford, MA) to develop and validate a new fusion technology for breast imaging - Near Infrared (NIR) spectral tomography (NIRST) integrated with breast tomosynthesis (BTS)...
- NANCY J HALAS; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specifically this proposal will address the pre-clinical deployment aspects of gold nanostructures with NIR tunable Plasmon resonance...
- Functional Imaging of Tumor-Associated LymphaticsSunkuk Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2013..to non-invasively and quantitatively image lymphatic contractile function in mice using dynamic near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imaging with intradermal injection of a nonspecific NIR fluorophore, indocyanine green (ICG)...
- Assessing Angiogenesis by Near-Infrared ImagingChun Li; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) The long-term goal of this research is to develop near-infrared (NIR) excitable fluorescent contrast agents that target angiogenic blood vessels and enable noninvasive assessment of antiangiogenic ..
- Spectral-Encoding for Video-Rate Hemodynamic TomographyBrian Pogue; Fiscal Year: 2005Near-Infrared (NIR) spectroscopic tomography has been emerging as a method to image blood-based contrast in tissue...
- NIR Fluorescent SLN Mapping for Breast CancerJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2009..As part of an NIH-funded Bioengineering Research Partnership, our laboratory has already developed a near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imaging system that uses harmless, invisible NIR light, makes no contact with the patient, and has no ..
- 2 & 3D Imaging of Contrast Agents in Animal ModelsBritton Chance; Fiscal Year: 2004Near Infrared (NIR) optical imaging technologies provide sensitive localization of small heterogeneities deep within the human breast using intrinsic absorption (mua) and scattering (mus')...
- Dual-Receptor Targeted Nanoparticles for Photodynamic Therapy of Brain CancerAnn Marie Broome; Fiscal Year: 2013..This drug operates in the near infrared (NIR) spectral range, which penetrates brain tissue most efficiently for both diagnostic optical imaging and ..
- Sylvain Gioux; Fiscal Year: 2015..The hypothesis guiding this study is that near-infrared (NIR) light, which penetrates several millimeters into the intestinal mucosa, combined with recent advances in ..
- Validation in Baboon Model of Broadband NIR Monitoring for Neonate Gut PerfusionDavid A Benaron; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 1 - To reduce to manufacturing a broadband Vis/NIR tissue oximeter for monitoring the oxygenation of the gut, prototyped in a just-completed NIH feasibility study, ..
- Brown Adipose Tissue Vasculature Probes for Non-Invasive ImagingMikhail G Kolonin; Fiscal Year: 2011..these BAT-homing peptides to test and optimize non-invasive imaging of BAT with a peptide-conjugated near-infrared (NIR) dye in the mouse model...
- Modulated Imaging in Comprehensive Assessment of Diabetic Foot Ulcer DevelopmentAmaan Mazhar; Fiscal Year: 2012..DOS is a quantitative near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy technique that can determine absolute concentrations of chromophores such as oxy &deoxy ..
- SEAN ARLAUCKAS; Fiscal Year: 2014..The aim of this research is to image the expression of choline kinase (ChoK) in breast tumors using near-infrared (NIR) fluorescent choline analogs capable of disrupting lipid metabolism in cancer cells...
- NATALIE ANN WISNIEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2014..The near infra-red (NIR) fluorescence of the "smart" hydrogel modulates based on the glucose concentration and is detected non- invasively ..
- JOSEPH ANTHONY ZASADZINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2014..HGNs are 30 - 40 nm diameter, 3-5 nm thick, gold shells designed to strongly absorb physiologically friendly NIR light and convert this light energy into local heating...
- Development of a Universal Calibration Method for a Noninvasive GlucometerROBERT PEURA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Grove Instrument's noninvasive blood glucometer is based on measurements of near-infrared (NIR) light absorption in blood...
- Donor Stem Cells, Campath, T/B Cell Regulation In HLA-Identical Renal TransplantsJoshua Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..minor histocompatibility antigens (mHAgs), and also what we designate herein as "new immune response genes" ('nIR'genes)...
- Developing fluorescent probes for the endogenous gaseous transmitters NO and H2SMICHAEL PLUTH; Fiscal Year: 2013..metal based NO binding sites will be used to develop probes that can reversibly bind NO and probes that emit in the NIR. The proposed family of fluorescent probes will use paramagnetic (S=1/2) metals serving the dual role as both ..
- Margaret A Naeser; Fiscal Year: 2016..study will investigate if scalp application of non-invasive, light-emitting diodes (LED) in red and near-infrared (NIR) wavelengths improves cognition in Veterans with Gulf War Veterans'Illnesses (GWVI)...
- BERNARD TRAVIS LEE; Fiscal Year: 2016..The hypothesis guiding this study is that near-infrared (NIR) light interacts deeply with living tissue constituents, namely oxyhemoglobin, deoxyhemoglobin, lipids, and water, ..
- Non-invasive Fluorescent Imaging Mycobacterium tuberculosis Extrapulmonary InfectYing Kong; Fiscal Year: 2013..tuberculosis pulmonary infection of live mice. It is based on near infrared (NIR) fluorogenic substrates for beta-lactamase, an enzyme naturally expressed by tubercle bacilli but not by their ..
- Mai Xu; Fiscal Year: 2014..In the proposed study, we will label Abraxane with near infrared (NIR) dye and use both local and whole body hyperthermia to modulate delivery of Abraxane to orthotopic melanoma ..
- Image-Guided Surgery of Endocrine Glands and Their Tumors using Near-Infrared FluJohn V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our hypothesis is that near-infrared (NIR) fluorophores targeted to endocrine glands and their tumors will provide surgeons with sensitive, specific, and ..
- Multimodal Qdot Probes for Bioimaging of Cells and Tumors in Small AnimalsShimon Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..and bioconjugate new multimodal contrasting qdot agents;(2) develop new optical instruments for near infrared (NIR) qdot detection and (3) perform validation studies of targeted qdots in cells and animals...
- Detection of plaque based macrophages with lightMARC DAVID FELDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..synthesize and fully characterize nanorose with controlled size, and gold and dextran amounts, to achieve strong NIR absorbance and specific cell (macrophage) uptake. 1...
- Tubulin-Binding Upconversion Nanoparticles for Breast-Cancer Imaging and TherapyChuanbin Mao; Fiscal Year: 2013..as the widely used quantum dots (QDs), the UCNPs can be excited by a longer wavelength light such as near infrared (NIR) light (e.g., 980 nm) to emit a shorter wavelength light (e.g., green light)...
- Colloidal Quantum Dot/Well Near-Infrared NanoLabelsHua Mao; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): This SBIR Phase II program aims to develop a novel class of commercial products of near infrared (NIR) nanolabels based on colloidal non-cadmium quantum dots, InAs/InP/ZnSe core/shell/shell dots coated with dendron ..
- Satoshi Kashiwagi; Fiscal Year: 2016..explores the cellular and molecular mechanisms of a non-tissue damaging continuous wave (CW) near-infrared (NIR) laser to enhance adaptive immune responses, and develops a safe and effective immunologic adjuvant for skin and ..
- Development of a Fiberless Transflectance Noninvasive Glucose MonitorStevan Kun; Fiscal Year: 2012..GI's noninvasive blood glucometer is based on real-time measurements of near-infrared (NIR) light absorption by glucose in blood using a patented Optical Bridget (OB) method...
- Aptamer-siRNA Chimera/Nanoparticle Conjugates for MRI Guided Cancer TherapyKonstantin Sokolov; Fiscal Year: 2009..Then, near infrared (NIR) irradiation will be delivered to the treatment site that will lead to the local heating of the gold layer, melting ..
- Roger Y Tsien; Fiscal Year: 2015..The PET reporters will be reduced-size antibodies bearing novel near-infrared (NIR) fluorophores incorporating 18F-fluoborates...
- Brian W Pogue; Fiscal Year: 2015..The EGFR is targeted using the monoclonal antibody (Mab) Cetuximab, C225, which is fluorescently labeled with an NIR dye LICOR 800CW for enabling IGDD and subsequent development of PK models of binding of the imaging and therapeutic ..
- Assessment of Reconstructive Surgical Flaps Using Spatially Resolved Tissue OximaAnthony J Durkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..DOS is a quantitative near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy technique that can determine absolute concentrations of chromophores such as oxy &deoxy ..
- John V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Our hypothesis is that near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence has the potential to revolutionize image-guided surgery...
- Ultra-Low Background NIR Fluorophores for In Vivo Imaging and Image-Guided SurgerJohn V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence has the potential to revolutionize image-guided surgery. However, ideal fluorophores for in vivo, and eventually clinical, use have not yet been described...
- MOLECULAR PROBES AND METHODS FOR FLUORESCENCE LIFETIME TOMOGRAPHY AND MICROSCOPYSamuel Achilefu; Fiscal Year: 2012..This is particularly true for near infrared (NIR) optical imaging that allows for assessment of tissue beyond the superficial layer...
- Intravital Multiphoton MicroscopeFlorea Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2010..channels, five laser lines for visible light excitation confocal imaging and prepared for femtosecond pulsed NIR beam;2) a Zeiss Axio Imager Z1 motorized fluorescence microscope with DIC and high resolution water immersion ..
- Mechanisms of photobiomodulation in myocardial reperfusion injuryMartin Bienengraeber; Fiscal Year: 2013..those mechanisms involved in the cardioprotective effect of light in the red to near infrared range (630-1,000 nm;NIR)...
- Imaging lymph function in humans and in a murine model of lymphedemaEva M Sevick-Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this research application, we hypothesize that: near infrared (NIR) optical methods can be used to image lymph flow, function, and remodeling to provide diagnostics and information ..
- Carbon Nanotubes as Multi-functional Spectroscopic Markers and Delivery Agents foHongjie Dai; Fiscal Year: 2012..spectroscopic lines for raman tags and (4) band-gap fluorescence or photoluminescence properties in the near IR (NIR) for fluorescence imaging and detection...
- NIR Hypoxia Imaging of Breast Tumor Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in VivoShudong Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2010Near-infrared (NIR) multi-spectral imaging is a unique tool for characterizing tissue composition in the female breast...
- GC-C Agonists: Specific Probes for the Detection of Colorectal TumorsKunwar Shailubhai; Fiscal Year: 2013..The hypothesis of the proposed study is that near-infrared (NIR) fluorochrome-tagged SP-333, a stable analog of UG, can be used as a noninvasive probe for the reliable detection ..
- Devin K Binder; Fiscal Year: 2015..indicate pre-seizure constriction in brain extracellular space (ECS) accompanied by reduction in near-infrared (NIR) optical scattering prior to detection of seizure by electroencephalography (EEG)...
- Development of a Handheld Transflectance Finger Noninvasive Glucose MonitorHANNU HARJUNMAA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Their operations are based on measurements of near-infrared (NIR) light attenuation by glucose using the patented Optical BridgeTM (OB) method...
- Superior Near-IR Dyes for BioimagingARUNKUMAR EASWARAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..This latter technique uses fluorescent dyes that absorb and emit near-infrared (NIR) radiation (650-900 nm) a spectral window where hemoglobin and water absorb minimally and therefore allow photons ..
- Bright and Stable Near-IR dyes for BioimagingARUNKUMAR EASWARAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..This latter technique uses fluorescent dyes that absorb and emit near-infrared (NIR) radiation (700-900 nm) a spectral window where hemoglobin and water absorb minimally and therefore allow photons ..
- Targeted Ceramic Nanovectors for Simultaneous Therapy and Imaging of CancerSANDWIP DEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..core will consist of fluorescent semiconductor quantum dots and silver nanorods for fluorescent and near-infra red (NIR) imaging, respectively...
- Diagnostic Cancer Imaging using NIR Fluorescent Agents and FDPMEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2009..clinical tomographic measurements using low-dose non-specific indocyanine green (ICG) and a molecularly targeting NIR dye; (2) utilize novel "state-of-the-art" adaptive finite element methods in forward and inverse imaging solutions ..
- Accuracy of Diffuse Optical Tomography Using 3d cameraSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2006..DOT in the near-infrared (NIR) has re-emerged as a promising imaging modality and dramatically improved our ability to localize and qualify ..
- Spectral-Encoding for Video-Rate Hemodynamic TomographyBrian Pogue; Fiscal Year: 2007Near-Infrared (NIR) spectroscopic tomography has been emerging as a method to image blood-based contrast in tissue...
- Development of an Advanced Handheld Noninvasive GlucometerStevan Kun; Fiscal Year: 2009..VivaScan has developed a noninvasive blood glucose monitor, based on measurements of near- infrared (NIR) light absorption in tissue...
- A MEMS intracranial pressure device for monitoring brain injuries and disordersNIKOLAOS CHRONIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..that 'color'codes ICP changes: ICP is converted to a ratiometric optical signal in the near infrared (NIR) wavelength. The device consists of a tunable microlens that focuses light into a quantum-dot bilayer...
- Targeted Near-Infrared Probes for Image-Guided Cancer InterventionsDIEGO A REY; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We will develop tools for near-infrared (NIR) image-guided interventions through the design, creation and testing of nanoscale imaging probes...
- Quantum Dots for NIR Fluorescence Imaging of Tumor AngiogenesisZhen Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..objective of this application is to develop cyclic RGD peptide conjugated quantum dots (QDs) for near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imaging of av[unreadable]3 integrin expression in vivo...
- MULTIPLEXED DNA SEQUENCING USING CGE & NIR FLUORESCENCESteven Soper; Fiscal Year: 1999..The base identification strategy presented in this application uses a series of four recently synthesized near-IR (NIR) fluorescent dyes which contain a different internal heavy-atom (halogen) situated on a remote site in the ..
- Molecular optical coherence tomography for monitoring cancer therapyMelissa Skala; Fiscal Year: 2009..photothermal OCT system will include a pre-existing Doppler OCT system and an amplitude-modulated near infrared (NIR) heating laser...
- NIR TUNABLE LASER TISSUE WELDINGROBERT ALFANO; Fiscal Year: 2007..The outcome of the proposed research will have profound impact on wound healing and plastic surgery. ..