Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NGF
Description: nerve growth factor
Alias: Beta-NGF, HSAN5, NGFB, beta-nerve growth factor, nerve growth factor (beta polypeptide), nerve growth factor, beta subunit
Publications444 found, 100 shown here
- Regulation of cell survival by secreted proneurotrophinsR Lee
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 294:1945-8. 2001..proneurotrophins have been considered inactive precursors, we show here that the proforms of nerve growth factor (NGF) and the proforms of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) are secreted and cleaved extracellularly by the ..
- Neurotrophin-regulated signalling pathwaysLouis F Reichardt
Neuroscience Program, Department of Physiology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California San Francisco, 1550 Fourth Street, Rock Hall 284a, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 361:1545-64. 2006....
- NGF and NGF-receptor expression of cultured immortalized human corneal endothelial cellsFederica Sornelli
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, National Research Council CNR, Rome, Italy
Mol Vis 16:1439-47. 2010Several growth factors, including nerve growth factor (NGF) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), play an important role in the homeostasis of the ocular surface...
- Intravesical botulinum toxin A injections plus hydrodistension can reduce nerve growth factor production and control bladder pain in interstitial cystitisHsin Tzu Liu
Department of Urology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital and Buddhist Tzu Chi University School of Medicine, Hualien, Taiwan
Urology 70:463-8. 2007To investigate the level of nerve growth factor (NGF) mRNA in bladder tissue and the effect of botulinum toxin A (BTX-A) treatment in patients with interstitial cystitis (IC).
- Increased urine and serum nerve growth factor levels in interstitial cystitis suggest chronic inflammation is involved in the pathogenesis of diseaseHsin Tzu Liu
Department of Urology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital and Tzu Chi University, Hualin, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e44687. 2012Interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome (IC/BPS) is considered a bladder disorder due to localized chronic inflammation. This study investigated the nerve growth factor (NGF) levels in serum and urine in patients with IC/BPS.
- Nerve growth factor-beta expression is associated with lymph node metastasis and nerve infiltration in human hilar cholangiocarcinomaLei Bo Xu
Department of General Surgery, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, 510120, Guangdong Province, China
World J Surg 34:1039-45. 2010..Previous studies have shown that nerve growth factor-beta (NGF-beta) can promote the initiation and progression of many tumors...
- MyD88, an adapter protein involved in interleukin-1 signalingK Burns
Institute of Biochemistry, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 273:12203-9. 1998..MyD88 coimmunoprecipitates with the IL-1R signaling complex in an IL-1-dependent manner...
- Nerve growth factor is a potential therapeutic target in breast cancerEric Adriaenssens
INSERM U908, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, University Lille 1, Lille, France
Cancer Res 68:346-51. 2008We show here that nerve growth factor (NGF), the prototypic neurotrophin, can be targeted in breast cancer to inhibit tumor cell proliferation, survival, and metastasis...
- Sortilin is essential for proNGF-induced neuronal cell deathAnders Nykjaer
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Ole Worms Alle 170, Aarhus University, Gustav Wieds Vej 10, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Nature 427:843-8. 2004..Sortilin is expressed during embryogenesis in areas where nerve growth factor (NGF) and its precursor, proNGF, have well-characterized effects...
- Decrease of urinary nerve growth factor but not brain-derived neurotrophic factor in patients with interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome treated with hyaluronic acidYuan Hong Jiang
Department of Urology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital and Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 9:e91609. 2014To investigate urinary nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels in interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome (IC/BPS) patients after hyaluronic acid (HA) therapy.
- Inhibitory effect of intravitreal injection of bevacizumab on nerve growth factorDonghyun Jee
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, St Vincent Hospital, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Curr Eye Res 37:408-15. 2012To investigate the inhibitory effect of intravitreal injection of bevacizumab on the expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) in rabbit retina.
- Balanced levels of nerve growth factor are required for normal pregnancy progressionPierre Frank
Laboratory of Reproductive MedicineDepartment of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charité Centre 12 Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Medicine University of Berlin, Berlin, GermanyLaboratoire d HormonologieDepartment of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Geneva, SwitzerlandDepartment of Psychosomatic MedicinePsycho Neuro Immunology, University Giessen, Giessen, GermanyDepartment of Medical OncologyWest German Cancer Center, University Hospital Essen, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Reproduction 148:179-89. 2014Nerve growth factor (NGF), the first identified member of the family of neurotrophins, is thought to play a critical role in the initiation of the decidual response in stress-challenged pregnant mice...
- A novel NGFB point mutation: a phenotype study of heterozygous patientsJ Minde
Department of Orthopaedics, Kallgatan 14, Gällivare Hospital, SE 982 82 Gällivare, Sweden
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 80:188-95. 2009..to hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type V having a point mutation in the nerve growth factor beta (NGFB) gene was recently described. The homozygous genotype gives disabling symptoms...
- The nerve growth factor reduces APOBEC3G synthesis and enhances HIV-1 transcription and replication in human primary macrophagesThiago Moreno L Souza
Laboratory on Thymus Research, Oswaldo Cruz Institute FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Blood 117:2944-52. 2011..Because HIV-1-infected macrophages release the nerve growth factor (NGF), and NGF neutralization reduces viral production, we further analyzed how this molecule affects HIV-1 replication...
- Nerve growth factor and receptor expression in rheumatoid arthritis and spondyloarthritisChristian Barthel
Clinic for Immunology and Rheumatology, Hannover Medical School MHH, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover 30625, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R82. 2009We previously described the presence of nerve growth factor receptors in the inflamed synovial compartment. Here we investigated the presence of the corresponding nerve growth factors, with special focus on nerve growth factor (NGF).
- Signal transduction by the neurotrophin receptorsD R Kaplan
Brain Tumor Research Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, 3801 University Street, Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2B4
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:213-21. 1997..These differing responses point to a complex interplay between neurotrophin-stimulated survival, differentiation, and apoptosis pathways...
- Crystal structure of nerve growth factor in complex with the ligand-binding domain of the TrkA receptorC Wiesmann
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 401:184-8. 1999Nerve growth factor (NGF) is involved in a variety of processes involving signalling, such as cell differentiation and survival, growth cessation and apoptosis of neurons...
- A mutation in the nerve growth factor beta gene (NGFB) causes loss of pain perceptionElisabet Einarsdottir
Department of Medical Biosciences, Unit of Clinical and Medical Genetics, Umea University, SE 90187 Umea, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 13:799-805. 2004..genes in the disease critical region revealed a mutation in the coding region of the nerve growth-factor beta (NGFB) gene specific for the disease haplotype...
- Genes for hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathies: a genotype-phenotype correlationAnnelies Rotthier
Peripheral Neuropathy Group, VIB Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, Antwerpen, Belgium
Brain 132:2699-711. 2009..for autosomal dominant (SPTLC1 and RAB7) and five genes for autosomal recessive forms of HSAN (WNK1/HSN2, NTRK1, NGFB, CCT5 and IKBKAP)...
- Structure of nerve growth factor complexed with the shared neurotrophin receptor p75Xiao lin He
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, and Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Fairchild D319, 299 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5124, USA
Science 304:870-5. 2004..We have determined the 2.4 A crystal structure of the prototypic neurotrophin, nerve growth factor (NGF), complexed with the extracellular domain of p75...
- Pro-NGF isolated from the human brain affected by Alzheimer's disease induces neuronal apoptosis mediated by p75NTRCarlos E Pedraza
Laboratori de Neuropatología Molecular, Departament de Ciencies Mediques Basiques, Universitat de Lleida, c Montserrat Roig 2, 25008 Lleida, Spain
Am J Pathol 166:533-43. 2005The pro-form of nerve growth factor (pro-NGF) has been shown to be a high affinity ligand for p75NTR and to induce apoptosis through this receptor...
- p75NTR--live or let dieAnders Nykjaer
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Ole Worms Allé Building 170, Aarhus University, DK 8000C Aarhus, Denmark
Curr Opin Neurobiol 15:49-57. 2005..Here, we review recent progress in delineating the molecular networks that enable p75(NTR) to dictate life and death...
- Nerve growth factor promotes cardiac repair following myocardial infarctionMarco Meloni
Experimental Cardiovascular Medicine Division, Bristol Heart Institute, Bristol, United Kingdom
Circ Res 106:1275-84. 2010Nerve growth factor (NGF) promotes angiogenesis and cardiomyocyte survival, which are both desirable for postinfarction myocardial healing. Nonetheless, the NGF potential for cardiac repair has never been investigated.
- NGF is an essential survival factor for bronchial epithelial cells during respiratory syncytial virus infectionSreekumar Othumpangat
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Research Institute, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6444. 2009....
- Gender-dependent association of a functional NGF polymorphism with anxiety-related personality traitsU E Lang
Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charité Medicine Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 41:196-9. 2008Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been shown to be involved in anxiety behaviour and the expression of conditioned fear in mice.
- Trk receptors: roles in neuronal signal transductionEric J Huang
Department of Pathology, University of California Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 72:609-42. 2003..receptor tyrosine kinases, each of which can be activated by one or more of four neurotrophins-nerve growth factor (NGF), brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), and neurotrophins 3 and 4 (NT3 and NT4)...
- In vitro receptor binding properties of a "painless" NGF mutein, linked to hereditary sensory autonomic neuropathy type VSonia Covaceuszach
Lay Line Genomics S p A, Via Prospero Colonna 32, 00149 Rome, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:824-9. 2010..Recently, a missense point mutation was found in the NGFB gene (C661T, leading to the aminoacid substitution R100W) of individuals affected by a form of hereditary loss of ..
- Expression and regulation of neurotrophins in the nondegenerate and degenerate human intervertebral discDevina Purmessur
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R99. 2008The neurotrophins nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) have been identified in the human intervertebral disc (IVD) and have been implicated in the mechanisms associated with nerve ingrowth and ..
- Most of the interleukin 1 receptor antagonist, cathepsin S, macrophage migration inhibitory factor, nerve growth factor, and interleukin 18 release by explants of human adipose tissue is by the non-fat cells, not by the adipocytesJohn N Fain
Department of Molecular Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Metabolism 55:1113-21. 2006..1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra), cathepsin S, macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF), nerve growth factor (NGF), and interleukin 18 (IL-18) by adipocytes as compared with the non-fat cells present in subcutaneous and omental ..
- NGF, BDNF, leptin, and mast cells in human coronary atherosclerosis and metabolic syndromeG N Chaldakov
Medical University, Varna, Bulgaria
Arch Physiol Biochem 109:357-60. 2001..implicated in cardiovascular tissue development and in lipid and glucose metabolism, the role of the neurotrophins NGF and BDNF and also the adipokine leptin in human coronary atherosclerosis and related disorders, such as metabolic ..
- Nerve growth factor and galantamine ameliorate early signs of neurodegeneration in anti-nerve growth factor miceSimona Capsoni
Neuroscience Program, International School for Advanced Studies SISSA, Via Beirut 2 4, 34014 Trieste, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12432-7. 2002Phenotypic knockout of nerve growth factor (NGF) activity in transgenic anti-NGF mice (AD11 mice) results in a progressive neurodegenerative phenotype resembling Alzheimer's disease...
- Excessive ovarian production of nerve growth factor facilitates development of cystic ovarian morphology in mice and is a feature of polycystic ovarian syndrome in humansGregory A Dissen
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, Oregon 97006 3448, USA
Endocrinology 150:2906-14. 2009Although ovarian nerve growth factor (NGF) facilitates follicular development and ovulation, an excess of the neurotrophin in the rodent ovary reduces ovulatory capacity and causes development of precystic follicles...
- Nerve growth factor R221W responsible for insensitivity to pain is defectively processed and accumulates as proNGFElin Larsson
Department of Medical Biosciences, Clinical and Medical Genetics Unit, Umea University, SE 90187 Umea, Sweden
Neurobiol Dis 33:221-8. 2009We have previously identified a homozygous missense (R221W) mutation in the NGFB gene in patients with loss of deep pain perception...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor correlate with T-cell activation in primary Sjogren's syndromeA L Fauchais
EA 3842 IFR 145, University of Limoges, France
Scand J Rheumatol 38:50-7. 2009..Neurotrophins (NTs), recently reported as B cell antiapoptotic, and T-cell activation factors seem to be implicated in autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Human eosinophils produce neurotrophins and secrete nerve growth factor on immunologic stimuliHitoshi Kobayashi
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 99:2214-20. 2002Neurotrophins, such as nerve growth factor (NGF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3), are essential for development, function, and survival of peripheral sympathetic and sensory neurons...
- Nerve growth factor in serum of children with systemic lupus erythematosus is correlated with disease activityKristiina Aalto
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cytokine 20:136-9. 2002Nerve growth factor (NGF) is a neurotrophic factor, which is expressed both in the nervous system and in peripheral organs...
- Haploinsufficiency of the nerve growth factor beta gene in a 1p13 deleted female child with an insensitivity to painGregory J Fitzgibbon
Regional Genetics Service, Central Manchester and Manchester Children s Hospitals, Manchester, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 51:833-7. 2009..The human nerve growth factor beta gene (NGFB) located on chromosome 1p13...
- Novel polymorphism in the promoter region of the human nerve growth-factor geneM Alam
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Int J Immunogenet 32:379-82. 2005..We describe a novel T to C transition at position -198 from the transcription start of the human nerve growth-factor (NGF) gene. In British Caucasoid healthy control group that we have genotyped, T and C allele frequencies are 0...
- Nerve growth factor expression and release in allergic inflammatory disease of the upper airwaysA M Sanico
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology, and Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:1631-5. 2000..We thus hypothesized that nerve growth factor (NGF), which is expressed by inflammatory cells and effects changes that lead to increased neural responsiveness, could ..
- Gene expression profile of prostate cancer cell lines: effect of nerve growth factor treatmentS Sigala
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia Medical School, V le Europa 11, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 284:11-20. 2008A dysregulation of the nerve growth factor (NGF)-mediated control of prostate cell growth is associated with the malignant progression of prostate epithelial cells...
- Association of NTRK3 and its interaction with NGF suggest an altered cross-regulation of the neurotrophin signaling pathway in eating disordersJosep Maria Mercader
Genes and Disease Program, Center for Genomic Regulation, 08003 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 17:1234-44. 2008..We have performed a family-based association study with 151 TagSNPs covering 10 neurotrophin signaling genes: NGFB, BDNF, NTRK1, NGFR/p75, NTF4/5, NTRK2, NTF3, NTRK3, CNTF and CNTFR in 371 ED trios of Spanish, French and German ..
- Relation between plasma brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor in the male patients with alcohol dependenceBoung Chul Lee
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Hallym University Hangang Sacred Heart Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Alcohol 43:265-9. 2009Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF) are thought to be related to neuroprotection in cell culture and animal studies...
- Differential effects of NGF and BDNF on axotomy-induced changes in GABA(A)-receptor-mediated conductance and sodium currents in cutaneous afferent neuronsA A Oyelese
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurophysiol 78:31-42. 1997The effects of nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) on injury-induced changes in the electrophysiological properties of adult rat cutaneous afferent dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons were examined...
- [Neuronotrophic interactions in the developing inner ear]P P Lefebvre
Service d'O.R.L. et Audiophonologie, , Belgique
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 43:403-9. 1989..vector(s) of such neuronotrophic influences on the cochleovestibular neurons, particularly the nerve growth factor (NGF) which is a good candidate since receptors for this trophic factor are described in the embryonic inner ear...
- NGF-resistant PC12 cell death induced by arachidonic acid is accompanied by a decrease of active PKC zeta and nuclear factor kappa BN J Macdonald
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, USA
J Neurosci Res 57:219-26. 1999..that are affected under these conditions require a constant supply of trophic factors such as nerve growth factor (NGF) for survival. NGF acts via binding to a specific tyrosine kinase receptor (TrkA)...
- The hsp150 delta-carrier confers secretion competence to the rat nerve growth factor receptor ectodomain in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeM Simonen
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Yeast 12:457-66. 1996..Hsp150 delta-NGFRe, harvested from the culture medium, inhibited the cross-linking of [125I]NGF to authentic NGFR on the surface of human melanoma cells...
- Neurotrophins, neurones and peripheral nerve regenerationQ Yin
University Department of Orthopaedic and Accident Surgery, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, UK
J Hand Surg Br 23:433-7. 1998..These include nerve growth factor (NGF) and several recently identified members of the NGF family, namely brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), ..
- A role for zeta protein kinase C in nerve growth factor-induced differentiation of PC12 cellsM W Wooten
Department of Zoology, Auburn University, Alabama 36849
Cell Growth Differ 5:395-403. 1994..protein kinase C (nPKC) family members in response to phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA) or nerve growth factor (NGF) treatment of PC12 cells...
- Scabronine G-methylester enhances secretion of neurotrophic factors mediated by an activation of protein kinase C-zetaY Obara
Department of Pharmaceutical Molecular Biology, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 59:1287-97. 2001..Scabronine G-ME increased the secretion of nerve growth factor (NGF) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) from 1321N1 cells with the enhancement of their mRNA expressions...
- Glycosylation of rat NGF receptor ectodomain in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeH Holkeri
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Finland
FEBS Lett 383:255-8. 1996..Thus, the serine and threonine residues of the hsp 150 delta-NGFRe fusion protein were highly selectively O-glycosylated...
- Expression of cytokines and proteases in mast cells in the lesion of subcapsular cell hyperplasia in mouse adrenal glandsJ S Kim
National Institute of Industrial Health, Kawasaki, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 28:297-303. 2000..certain cytokines, including stem cell factor (SCF), tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), nerve growth factor (NGF), and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), and mast cell-specific proteases, such as mouse mast cell protease (..
- In vitro culture of neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas and gutM Lundqvist
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:335-9. 1989..obtained by surgery was performed with the addition of different growth factors, such as nerve growth factor (NGF), fibroblast growth factor (FGF) and platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) to Hite's medium...
- [Nerve growth factor and neurological diseases]L Lorigados
Departamento de Neuroimmunologia, , CIREN La Habana, Cuba
Rev Neurol 26:744-8. 1998INTRODUCTION: The effects of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) within and outside the nervous system have been amply discussed in recent decades...
- Nerve growth factor inhibition prevents traumatic neuroma formation in the ratG S Kryger
Microsurgical Replantation Transplantation Department, California Pacific Medical Center, Davies Campus, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 26:635-44. 2001Nerve growth factor (NGF) is thought to play a role in the pathogenesis of neuroma formation as well as in the development of neuropathic pain...
- Nerve growth factor enhances nerve regeneration through fibronectin graftsI H Whitworth
Blond McIndoe Centre, Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, UK
J Hand Surg Br 21:514-22. 1996Soluble fibronectin and nerve growth factor (NGF) promote axonal regeneration when placed in silicone tubes...
- Effects of nerve growth factor and dexamethasone on Na+,K(+)-ATPase of cultured PC12h cellsK Kurihara
Department of Oral Physiology, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Saitama, Japan
Horm Metab Res 26:14-8. 1994When PC12h cells were cultured for 4 days in the presence of 50 ng/ml of nerve growth factor (NGF), they showed elongated dendrites and specifically increased Na+,K(+)-ATPase activity...
- Nerve growth factor (NGF) influences differentiation and proliferation of myogenic cells in vitro via TrKAM Rende
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia School of Medicine, Italy
Int J Dev Neurosci 18:869-85. 2000..receptor, which binds all neurotrophins, and the high affinity tyrosine kinase receptor TrKA, nerve growth factor (NGF) transducing receptor...
- Airway hyper-responsiveness in allergic asthma in guinea-pigs is mediated by nerve growth factor via the induction of substance P: a potential role for trkAA de Vries
Immunobiology Group, Centre for Inflammation Research and Endocrinology Unit, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 36:1192-200. 2006The neurotrophin nerve growth factor (NGF) has been implicated as a mediator in allergic asthma. Direct evidence that inhibition of NGF-induced activation of neurotrophin receptors leads to improvement of airway symptoms is lacking...
- Nerve growth factor, sphingomyelins, and sensitization in sensory neuronsGrant D Nicol
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Sheng Li Xue Bao 60:603-4. 2008Because nerve growth factor (NGF) is elevated during inflammation, plays a causal role in the initiation of hyperalgesia, and is known to activate the sphingomyelin signalling pathway, we examined whether NGF and its putative second ..
- Expression of a Trk high affinity nerve growth factor receptor in the human prostateB R Pflug
Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20007
Endocrinology 136:262-8. 1995Nerve growth factor-beta (NGF beta) and a NGF beta-immunoreactive protein derived from human prostatic stromal cell secretory protein (hPS) have been shown to stimulate the growth of prostate epithelial cells...
- Monoclonal antibodies to the cell surface and a soluble form of the human nerve growth factor receptorM Clagett Dame
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison
J Neurosci Res 27:642-50. 1990..designated IIIG5, VIID1, VIIIC8, and XIF1) have been produced that bind to the human nerve growth factor receptor (NGF-R) as well as to a soluble, truncated form of the receptor (NGF-Rt)...
- Injection of nerve growth factor into human masseter muscle evokes long-lasting mechanical allodynia and hyperalgesiaPeter Svensson
Department of Clinical Oral Physiology, Dental School, University of Aarhus, Vennelyst Boulevard 9, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Pain 104:241-7. 2003Nerve growth factor (NGF) is a neurotrophic protein with a pivotal role in development and maintenance of the nervous system on one side and inflammatory and neuropathic pain states on the other...
- Differential dependency of cutaneous mechanoreceptors on neurotrophins, trk receptors, and P75 LNGFRB T Fundin
Department of Anatomy, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Biol 190:94-116. 1997The impact of null mutations of the genes for the NGF family of neurotrophins and their receptors was examined among the wide variety of medium to large caliber myelinated mechanoreceptors which have a highly specific predictable ..
- Contribution of interleukin-1 beta to the inflammation-induced increase in nerve growth factor levels and inflammatory hyperalgesiaB Safieh Garabedian
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 115:1265-75. 1995..This resulted in a significant elevation in interleukin-1 beta (IL-1 beta) and nerve growth factor (NGF) levels in the inflamed tissue and of the peptides, substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) in the ..
- Direct effects of nerve growth factor on thecal cells from antral ovarian folliclesG A Dissen
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon Regional Primate Research Center, Oregon Health Sciences University, Beaverton 97006 3448, USA
Endocrinology 141:4736-50. 2000TrkA, the nerve growth factor (NGF) tyrosine kinase receptor, is expressed not only in the nervous system, but also in nonneural cells, including discrete cellular subsets of the endocrine and immune system...
- TLR4 signaling induces functional nerve growth factor receptor p75NTR on mouse dendritic cells via p38MAPK and NF-kappa B pathwaysYingming Jiang
Institute of Immunology and National Key Laboratory of Medical Immunology, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Mol Immunol 45:1557-66. 2008..Nerve growth factor (NGF) and its receptors are found to be widely expressed in the immune system and regulate both innate and adaptive ..
- Expression of nerve growth factor receptors and their prognostic value in human pancreatic cancerYong Zhang
Department of Surgery and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:161-71. 2005Nerve growth factor (NGF), the prototypic member of the neurotrophin family of growth factors, exerts both stimulatory and inhibitory effects on neuronal and certain non-neuronal tumors, depending on the type of tumor...
- Nerve growth factor promotes TLR4 signaling-induced maturation of human dendritic cells in vitro through inducible p75NTR 1Yingming Jiang
Institute of Immunology and National Key Laboratory of Medical Immunology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Immunol 179:6297-304. 2007Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been shown to play important roles in the differentiation, function, and survival of immune cells, contributing to immune responses and pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases...
- Exogenous nerve growth factor attenuates opioid-induced inhibition of voltage-activated Ba2+ currents in rat sensory neuronsT S McDowell
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, B6 319 Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792 3272, USA
Neuroscience 125:1029-37. 2004Nerve growth factor (NGF) promotes the survival of embryonic sensory neurons and maintains the phenotypic characteristics of primary nociceptive neurons postnatally...
- Commercial mouse and human nerve growth factors contain nerve growth factor prohormone isoformsM Reinshagen
Department of Medicine I, University of Ulm, Germany
J Neurosci Methods 76:75-81. 1997..Three polyclonal antisera and two monoclonal antibodies to 13 kDa nerve growth factor (2.5S NGF and beta-NGF) were employed for assessing the purity of each preparation...
- [Effect of controlled release nerve growth factor on repairing peripheral nerve defect by acellular nerve graft]Hailong Yu
Institute of Orthopedics, General Hospital of Chinese PLA, Beijing 100853, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:1373-7. 2008To explore the effect of controlled release of nerve growth factor (NGF) on peripheral nerve defect repaire by acellular nerve graft.
- Nerve growth factor and eosinophils in inflamed juvenile conjunctival nevusFrancesca Levi-Schaffer
Department of Pharmacology and the David R Bloom Center for Pharmacy School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1850-6. 2002To study both systemic and ocular nerve growth factor (NGF) in inflamed juvenile conjunctival nevus (IJCN), a benign, inflammatory juxtalimbal lesion characterized by many intralesional eosinophils, and to investigate the behavior of ..
- [A study of the protective effects of lidocaine and nerve growth factor pretreatment on cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury in gerbils]Jiu Dong Xie
Intensive Care Unit, The Affiliated Hospital of Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang 550004, Guizhou, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 22:234-7. 2010To study the protective effects of lidocaine and nerve growth factor (NGF) pretreatment on cerebral ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury.
- Hyperalgesia, nerve infiltration and nerve growth factor expression in deep adenomyotic nodules, peritoneal and ovarian endometriosisVincent Anaf
Department of Gynaecology, Hospital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 17:1895-900. 2002The aim of this study was to investigate a possible role for nerve growth factor (NGF) in the mechanism of pain and hyperalgesia induced by deep adenomyotic nodules and other forms of endometriosis and to clarify the relationship between ..
- Thyroid hormones precociously increase nerve growth factor gene expression in the submandibular gland of neonatal miceM A Black
Loeb Institute for Medical Research, Ottawa Civic Hospital, Canada
Endocrinology 130:2083-90. 1992The developmental regulation of the expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) was studied in the mouse submandibular gland (SMG)...
- Serotonin-activated alpha 2-macroglobulin inhibits neurite outgrowth and survival of embryonic sensory and cerebral cortical neuronsD J Liebl
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, 44272
J Neurosci Res 35:170-82. 1993..MA-alpha 2M) has been recently shown to inhibit the biological activity of beta-nerve growth factor (NGF) in promoting neurite outgrowth by embryonic dorsal root ganglia in culture (Koo PH, Liebl DJ, J Neurosci Res 31:..
- Bladder overactivity and hyperexcitability of bladder afferent neurons after intrathecal delivery of nerve growth factor in ratsNaoki Yoshimura
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Neurosci 26:10847-55. 2006Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been proposed as an important mediator inducing bladder overactivity under pathological conditions such as spinal cord injury, bladder outlet obstruction, or cystitis...
- Trigeminal nasal-specific neurons respond to nerve growth factor with substance-P biosynthesisE Mingomataj
Department of Pneumology and Immunology, Allergy Centre Charité, Otto Heubner Centre, Clinical Research Unit of Allergy, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 38:1203-11. 2008Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been found to induce substance-P biosynthesis in large-diameter A-fibres vagal airway neurons...
- Nerve growth factor inhibits PC12 cell PDE 2 phosphodiesterase activity and increases PDE 2 binding to phosphoproteinsJ K Bentley
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Neurochem 76:1252-63. 2001Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been shown to increase cyclic AMP in PC12 cells and to potentiate the actions of other agents that raise cyclic AMP...
- Improvement of peripheral nerve regeneration in acellular nerve grafts with local release of nerve growth factorHailong Yu
Key Laboratory of People s Liberation Army, Institute of Orthopedics, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Microsurgery 29:330-6. 2009..A method was developed for sustained delivery of nerve growth factor (NGF) for nerve repair with acellular nerve grafts to augment peripheral nerve regeneration...
- Urinary nerve growth factor level could be a biomarker in the differential diagnosis of mixed urinary incontinence in womenHsin Tzu Liu
Department of Urology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital and Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
BJU Int 102:1440-4. 2008To measure urinary nerve growth factor (NGF) levels in women with stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and overactive bladder symptoms (OAB) and to assess whether urinary NGF levels can be a biomarker of detrusor overactivity (DO) in women ..
- Role of nerve growth factor in the trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid-induced colonic hypersensitivityLaure Delafoy
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Fresnes Laboratories, 3 9 Rue de la Loge, BP 100, 94265 Fresnes Cedex, France
Pain 105:489-97. 2003..There is growing evidence that nerve growth factor (NGF) may function as a mediator of persistent pain states...
- [Effect of nerve growth factor on the promotion of sensory recovery of large skin graft in patients]Zhi hong Wu
Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, 7th People s Hospital of Shanghai, Shanghai 200137, PR China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 23:440-3. 2007To analyze the influence of topical application of nerve growth factor (NGF) on nerve ending regeneration of large skin grafts in patients.
- Sustained activation of M-Ras induced by nerve growth factor is essential for neuronal differentiation of PC12 cellsPeng Sun
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, and Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Yayoicho, Inageku, Chiba, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Genes Cells 11:1097-113. 2006Neuronal differentiation in PC12 cells induced by nerve growth factor (NGF) requires sustained activation of ERK/MAP kinase pathway (Raf-MEK-ERK cascade)...
- [Neuroprotection of nerve growth factor in experiment retinal detachment]Xiao Dong Sun
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai First People s Hospital, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Fundus Diseases, Shanghai 200080, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 39:303-7. 2003To study the neuroprotection by nerve growth factor (NGF) in retina in experimental retinal detachment (RD).
- Potentiation of nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth by fluvoxamine: role of sigma-1 receptors, IP3 receptors and cellular signaling pathwaysTomoko Nishimura
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Chiba University Center for Forensic Mental Health, Chiba, Japan
PLoS ONE 3:e2558. 2008..The SSRI fluvoxamine, with sigma-1 receptor agonism, is shown to potentiate nerve-growth factor (NGF)-induced neurite outgrowth in PC 12 cells...
- Siatic nerve regeneration in rats stimulated by fibrin glue containing nerve growth factor: an experimental studyChunzheng Gao
Department of Orthopaedics, the Second Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250033, Shangdong, China
Injury 39:1414-20. 2008..To study the effects of fibrin sealant containing nerve growth factor on the peripheral nerve regeneration...
- [Changes in nerve growth factor levels related to age and neurotrophic treatment in non-human primate]L Lorigados
Centro Internacional de Restauracion Neurologica CIREN, La Habana, 11300, Cuba
Rev Neurol 33:417-21. 2001..A major problem is that the normal concentration of trophic substances, such as nerve growth factor (NGF), in central and peripheral nervous system and in fluids is very low (ng pg/ml)...
- In vitro and in vivo gene therapy with CMV vector-mediated presumed dog beta-nerve growth factor in pyridoxine-induced neuropathy dogsJin Young Chung
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
J Vet Sci 9:367-73. 2008..The presumed dog beta-nerve growth factor (pdbeta-NGF) was generated and cloned and its expression was confirmed in CHO cells...
- Increased serum concentration of nerve growth factor in patients with microprolactinomaSandra Sigala
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies, University of Brescia Medical School, V le Europa 11, Brescia 25123, Italy
Neuropeptides 38:21-4. 2004Nerve growth factor (NGF) is known to play a role as a circulating neurokine, integrating signals from the neuro-immuno-endocrine system...
- Levels of nerve growth factor and neurotrophin-3 are affected differentially by the presence of p75 in sympathetic neurons in vivoS M Harrison
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Comp Neurol 424:99-110. 2000..survival of sympathetic neurons is critically dependent on the related neurotrophic factors nerve growth factor (NGF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT3), the actions of which must be executed appropriately despite spatial and temporal ..
- Modulation of cholinergic marker expression by nerve growth factor in dorsal root gangliaS Biagioni
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurosci Res 62:591-9. 2000..Nerve growth factor (NGF) overexpression induces the survival of nociceptive neurons, the expression of their specific markers, and ..
- Angiogenesis effects of nerve growth factor (NGF) on rat corneasK Seo
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, Korea
J Vet Sci 2:125-30. 2001This study was performed to evaluate the effects of nerve growth factor (NGF) upon angiogenesis in the rat cornea, to examine its possible application as an alternative angiogenic inducer and to provide basic data for further studies...
- [Expression of nerve growth factor in cavernous tissue and its effects on the treatment of rats with diabetic erectile dysfunction]Yu Tian Dai
Department of Urology, Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, the Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210008, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 11:748-51, 754. 2005To investigate the content of nerve growth factor (NGF) in penis of rats with diabetic erectile dysfunction (DED) and apply rhNGF to treat the DED rat model to study the pathogenesis mechanism of DED and treatment effects by NGF for DED ..
- A novel neuroimmune mechanism in cannabinoid-mediated attenuation of nerve growth factor-induced hyperalgesiaW Paul Farquhar-Smith
Pain Research, Imperial College, Chelsea and Westminster Campus, London, United Kingdom
Anesthesiology 99:1391-401. 2003Nerve growth factor (NGF) is central to processes involved in an inflammatory hyperalgesia. Administration of exogenous NGF induces a hyperalgesia that is dependent on local neutrophil influx...
- [The effect of 2,5-hexanedione on nerve growth factor in sciatic nerve of rats and VSC4.1 cell]Qing Jun Liu
National Institute for Occupational Health and Poison Control, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 44:18-23. 2010To explore the effect of 2,5-hexanedione (2,5-HD) on the levels of nerve growth factor (NGF) in sciatic nerve of rats and motor-neurons.
- Comparison between low frequency magnetic field stimulation and nerve growth factor treatment of cultured chromaffin cells, on neurite growth, noradrenaline release, excitable properties, and grafting in nigrostriatal lesioned ratsR Drucker-Colin
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Univesidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico D F
Mol Cell Neurosci 5:485-98. 1994Adrenal chromaffin cells in vitro respond to nerve growth factor (NGF) by expressing neuronal traits...
- Nerve growth factor affects Ca2+ currents via the p75 receptor to enhance prolactin mRNA levels in GH3 rat pituitary cellsAdriana M López-Domínguez
Department of Physiology, Biophysics and Neurosciences, CINVESTAV IPN, AP 14 740, Mexico, DF 07000, Mexico
J Physiol 574:349-65. 2006..Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been shown to stimulate prolactin synthesis by GH(3) cells, but the underlying mechanisms are unknown...
- Proinflammatory cytokines stimulate the expression of nerve growth factor by human intervertebral disc cellsYumiko Abe
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rush Medical College at Rush University Medical Center, Chicago IL, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:635-42. 2007In vitro studies of the effects of proinflammatory cytokines on the production of nerve growth factor (NGF) by human intervertebral disc (IVD) cells.
- Autocrine nerve growth factor is essential for cell survival and viral maturation in HHV-8-infected primary effusion lymphoma cellsF Pica
Departments of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, Public Health and Cell Biology, and Neuroscience, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Blood 95:2905-12. 2000High levels of nerve growth factor (NGF) are found in sera from individuals infected with human herpesvirus 8 (HHV-8)...
- Intraovarian excess of nerve growth factor increases androgen secretion and disrupts estrous cyclicity in the ratG A Dissen
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon Regional Primate Research Center Oregon Health Sciences University, Beaverton 97006 3448, USA
Endocrinology 141:1073-82. 2000..the development of follicular cysts, there is an increase in intraovarian synthesis of nerve growth factor (NGF) and the low affinity NGF receptor (p75 NGFR)...
- Regulation of neurotransmitter properties by target-derived neurotrophic factorsSusan J Birren; Fiscal Year: 2010..cholinergic and noradrenergic properties of these neurons are regulated by two neurotrophins, nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)...
- Structural and Functional Specificity of Rab GTPasesGuangpu Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..for regulation of specialized cell differentiation processes in higher eukaryotes, such as nerve growth factor (NGF)-mediated neuronal differentiation and survival, will be investigated...
- Neurotrophin mechanisms in neural development and diseaseRejji Kuruvilla; Fiscal Year: 2013..We previously reported that two different neurotrophins, Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3), employ the same TrkA receptor to promote sequential stages of axonal growth during ..
- Mechanism of Neurotrophin Latency Response in a HSV1 Vestibular Neuritis ModelPAMELA CAROL ROEHM; Fiscal Year: 2013..In cultured cervical sympathetic ganglia, nerve growth factor (NGF) is necessary for maintenance of the latent state, and withdrawal of NGF from cell culture media results in loss of ..
- Repair of Airway Epithelium Following Chlorine Lung InjuryGary W Hoyle; Fiscal Year: 2011..NGFR binds multiple neurotrophin ligands, including nerve growth factor (NGF), brain-derived neurotrophic factor, and neurotrophin 3...
- Regulation of neurotrophin expression in the peripheryLORI ISAACSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..We recently showed that there is little mature nerve growth factor (NGF) and that high molecular weight (MW) NGF species are predominant in peripheral neurons and target tissues...
- MECHANISMS OF CELLULAR RESPONSES TO NERVE GROWTH FACTORSteven Green; Fiscal Year: 1990The goal of this study is to determine the nerve growth factor (NGF) signal transduction mechanism - the molecular mechanism by which binding of NGF to its receptor is converted into an intracellular signal that initiates the ..
- The role of Trib3 in neuronal apoptosis caused by NGF deprivationNEELA NONE ZAREEN; Fiscal Year: 2011Nerve growth factor (NGF) is required for maturation of sympathetic and sensory neurons of the peripheral nervous system (PNS)...
- Imaging NGF signal transduction in live neuronsBianxiao Cui; Fiscal Year: 2010Our broad objective is to understand the mechanisms by which the nerve growth factor (NGF) signal is propagated from the axon terminal to the cell body...
- Remark bundle structure and function in neuropathic painJohn W Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2010..neuropathic pain include TrkA-positive nociceptors that have received excessive amounts of nerve growth factor (NGF);and that this excessive NGF can be derived either from collateral sprouting of uninjured nociceptors into ..
- Roles of Nitric Oxide and Superoxide in CystitisANTHONY JOHN KANAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..nitro-fatty acids (FA-NO2) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor- and nerve growth factor-antibodies (BDNF-AB and NGF-AB) will be tested...
- Neurotrophic Factors: Genetic Variation and Serum Levels in Brain AgingSudha Seshadri; Fiscal Year: 2010..NTF receptors and measure serum levels of three NTF: brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), nerve growth factor (NGF), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the large, middle-aged to elderly, community-based, Framingham ..
- Neurotrophins and Post-infarct Plasicity in Cardiac Sympathetic NeuronsBeth A Habecker; Fiscal Year: 2013..The neurotrophins Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and Brain Derived-Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) are elevated in heart following infarction...
- MSCs Induce Brain Plasticity via tPAMichael Chopp; Fiscal Year: 2013..neurite remodeling via plasmin-dependent proteolytic cleavage of pro-neurotrophins: pro-nerve growth factor (pro-NGF) to NGF, pro-brain derived neurotrophic factor (pro-BDNF) to BDNF These hypotheses dissect the interactions of ..
- Regulation of Sympathetic Neuron Synaptic ActivitySusan J Birren; Fiscal Year: 2013..of co- transmission in these neurons and determine the roles of the neurotrophic factors nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), and their receptors, in coordinating local neurotransmitter ..
- Intracellular Target of Sphingosine-1-PhosphateGRAHAM M STRUB; Fiscal Year: 2010..in neurons by sphingosine kinases (SphKs) is stimulated by a variety of agonists, including nerve growth factor (NGF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT- 3), and many of its functions are mediated by its cell surface receptors (S1P1-5)...
- Inflammatory hyperalgesia due to TRPV1, the pepper spray receptor in the corneaSharona E Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) was discovered by Rita Levi-Montalcini and Stanley Cohen in the late 1950's...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF NERVE GROWTH FACTORJeffrey Milbrandt; Fiscal Year: 1993Nerve growth factor (NGF) is an important modulator of neuronal development and survival...
- NERVE GROWTH FACTOR REGULATED GENE EXPRESSIONGary Landreth; Fiscal Year: 1992Nerve growth factor (NGF) is required for the normal development of distinct subclasses of peripheral neurons and plays yet undefined roles in the development of the central nervous system...
- NGF SIGNALING IN MODELS OF AGE RELATED NEURODEGENERATIONWilliam Mobley; Fiscal Year: 2002..Nerve growth factor (NGF) is essential to the function of normal BFCNs and recent findings suggest that failed NGF signaling contributes to ..
- Longitudinal Population-Based Study of VulvodyniaBarbara D Reed; Fiscal Year: 2012..with chronic pain syndromes in general [Catechol-O-Methyltransferase (COMT) and Nerve Growth Factor receptors (NGF-r)], and vulvodynia in particular [Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RN) and melanocortin-1 receptor (MC1R)]...
- NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE TO RSVGiovanni Piedimonte; Fiscal Year: 2013..to neurogenic inflammation through mechanisms involving the increased expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) and its trkA and p75 receptors, and we have confirmed overexpression of neurotrophic factors [NGF and brain-..
- Neuroprotection by IFN-beta in AIDSMarcus Kaul; Fiscal Year: 2013..IFN? also induces the expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) and has pronounced anti-inflammatory effects...
- Induction of Nerve Growth Factor by Nicotine Leads to Airway DysfunctionCHERRY P WONGTRAKOOL; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal, we hypothesize that chronic nicotine exposure promotes AHR by inducing nerve growth factor (NGF) secretion in lung fibroblasts through 17 nAChR dependent signaling...
- Lipid Mediators in Corneal Nerve RegenerationHaydee E P Bazan; Fiscal Year: 2013..kinase (cPLA2/ERK1/2) signaling to release DHA for the synthesis of NPD1, which stimulates nerve growth factor (NGF) expression that, in turn, modulates corneal nerve regeneration...
- Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Sorting and Transactivation in EndosomesMARK LINDSAY GRIMES; Fiscal Year: 2010..two receptors sorted from one another into specific signaling endosomes? The two receptors for nerve growth factor (NGF), TrkA and p75NTR, are rapidly sorted upon ligand binding to distinct endosomes...
- Survival and growth-promotion mechanisms of the GDNF family ligands (GFLs)BRIAN ANTHONY PIERCHALA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Nerve growth factor (NGF), a member of the neurotrophin family of growth factors, regulates the trophic status of sympathetic neurons via ..
- Perinatal choline therapy in a mouse model of Down Syndrome &Alzheimer's DiseaseBarbara J Strupp; Fiscal Year: 2012..that improved cognitive functioning in Ts65Dn and 2N mice is mediated by alterations in the nerve growth factor (NGF) family of neurotrophins and its cognate receptors in CBF target regions (frontal cortex and hippocampus)...
- The Exercise Pressor Reflex in CardiomyopathyMary G Garry; Fiscal Year: 2013..To support this hypothesis, we have determined that the levels of nerve growth factor (NGF), which are essential to the maintenance of a majority of group IV afferent neurons is significantly decreased in ..
- A Phase 2 Trial of AAV-NGF Gene Delivery in Alzheimer's DiseasePaul S Aisen; Fiscal Year: 2012Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) potently prevents the death and augments the functional state of cholinergic neurons of the basal forebrain, a cell population that undergoes extensive degeneration in Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- MECHANISMS OF NERVE GROWTH CONE TURNING AND BRANCHINGPaul C Letourneau; Fiscal Year: 2013The experiments in this proposal investigate how two guidance cues, nerve growth factor (NGF) and Semaphorin3A (Sema3A), regulate the migration of the growing tips (growth cones) of sensory (DRG) axons...
- In vivo feasibility of a peripheral nerve imaging agentStephen B Kahl; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rationale for NGF as targeting moiety...
- Acute and Chronic Afferent Engagement: Sympathetic and End Organ ResponsesLawrence I Sinoway; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Li will also examine the role nerve growth factor (NGF) plays in this response. In Project 3, Dr...
- Endogenous Cannabinoids and NGF Signaling in Pain Associated with CystitisDALE EDMOND BJORLING; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous research indicates that inflammatory mediators, particularly nerve growth factor (NGF), released from inflamed tissues play an important role in sensitization of afferent nerves and development of ..
- Genes That Regulate Neuronal Cell DeathRobert Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2009..occurs when neurons fail to receive adequate survival signals from trophic factors such as nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- Nerve Growth Factor Signaling in Painful Diabetic NeuropathyHsinlin Thomas Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..These signs of DNP correspond with nerve growth factor (NGF) up-regulation, tropomysin-related kinase (Trk) A receptor activation, subsequent p38 kinase activation, and ..
- Prolyl Hydroxylation and Neuronal Cell DeathRobert S Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2012..they fail to receive adequate supplies of target-derived, survival promoting factors such as nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- Neurotrophins in Pancreas DevelopmentRejji Kuruvilla; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the pancreas, in vitro studies have shown that the neurotrophin, Nerve Growth Factor, (NGF) regulates survival and function of insulin-producing [unreadable]-cells...
- The role of the von-Hippel Lindau protein in developmental cell death in neuronsKATHLEEN M MCAVOY; Fiscal Year: 2011..2005) showed that suppression of the VHL protein (pVHL) confers a survival advantage to nerve growth factor (NGF)-deprived sympathetic- neuron-like pheochromocytoma cells (PCI 2 cells)...
- Uncovering polyadenylation pathways in neuronal signalingSamie R Jaffrey; Fiscal Year: 2013..aims of this proposal are: (1) To profile polyadenylation events that mediate the effects of nerve growth factor (NGF) and Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A)...
- Neurotrophin Signaling and Regulation of Gene ExpressionDavid D Ginty; Fiscal Year: 2010..Nerve growth factor (NGF) is the prototypical target derived neurotrophic growth factor...
- Neurotrophin signals controlling development of the peripheral nervous systemDavid D Ginty; Fiscal Year: 2013..mechanisms and functions of the prototypical target-derived neurotrophic growth factor, nerve growth factor (NGF), and its receptor TrkA...
- Delta-Opioid Receptor Trafficking and Pain InhibitionZhizhong Z Pan; Fiscal Year: 2012..In our preliminary studies exploring the issue recently, we have discovered that nerve growth factor (NGF), a neurotrophin with diverse functions in neuronal growth and differentiation, can trigger and maintain similar ..
- Transcriptional regulation by Egr3 in sympathetic nervous system developmentDAVID HON QUACH; Fiscal Year: 2012..the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) is limited to molecules with essential functions such as Nerve Growth Factor (NGF)...
- Disrupted Transport of NGF-TrKA Signaling in Mouse Models of Down SyndromeWilliam C Mobley; Fiscal Year: 2010..We showed that degeneration of BFCNs is linked to failed retrograde axonal transport of nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- Novel Bioactive Coatings for Chronically Implanted MEMS based Moveable MicroelectArati Sridharan; Fiscal Year: 2013..and (2) to determine whether the combination of electrode movement and incorporation of biochemical's such as NGF within hydrogel coatings will promote better neural connectivity and improved signal quality...
- An intracellular signaling switch for maintaining peripheral sensitizationMichael R Vasko; Fiscal Year: 2013..sensitization, whereby a cooperative interaction occurs between the inflammatory mediator nerve growth factor (NGF) and prostaglandins...
- Intersection of HSV latency and reactivation with the neuronal apoptotic pathwayANNA RUTH CLIFFE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Viral reactivation is triggered when sympathetic neurons are deprived of nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- CAPSAICIN RECEPTOR SUBTYPES IN PAIN TRANSDUCTIONMark A Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2012..on: 1) Understanding how inflammatory mediators released at the site of injury, such as Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), increase TRPV1 production under conditions of inflammation...
- The Role of Oxidized Linoleic Acid Metabolites in NGF Induced Persistent PainMICHAEL ANDREW ESKANDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nerve growth factor (NGF) is a neurotrophin that is released under inflammatory conditions and modulates the transmission of nociceptive or ..
- The role of atypical PKCs in sensitization of sensory neurons by NGFGrant D Nicol; Fiscal Year: 2013..that the heightened sensitivity associated with inflammation may, in part, result from nerve growth factor (NGF) activation of nociceptive sensory neurons...
- NERVE GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTOR MEDIATED TRANSPORT TOPICSJohn Schweitzer; Fiscal Year: 1991..the surprising observation that, when injected into the lateral ventricle of the rat, both nerve growth factor (NGF) and a monoclonal antibody directed against the NGF receptor, IgG 192, are transported bilaterally to numerous ..
- NERVE GROWTH FACTORMark Bothwell; Fiscal Year: 1991..of action of the nerve growth factor receptor, and to establish a thorough understanding of the distribution of NGF receptors in various mammalian tissues and of the biological roles of those receptors...
- NERVE GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTOR--A MOLECULAR ANALYSISBarbara Hempstead; Fiscal Year: 1990Nerve growth factor (NGF) is an important growth regulatory polypeptide which promotes the survival and differentiation of immature neuroblasts in the developing nervous system...
- Bioengineered scaffolds for peripheral nerve repairRavi V Bellamkonda; Fiscal Year: 2010..based scaffolds with either isotropically or anisotropically distributed ECM (laminin-1) or nerve growth factor (NGF) to bridge gaps longer than 15mm in rats...
- NERVE GROWTH FACTOR MODULATION OF THE EGF RECEPTORAlice Brown; Fiscal Year: 1992..pheochromocytoma and several neuroblastoma cell lines possess specific receptors for both nerve growth factor (NGF) and epidermal growth factor (EGF)...
- Role of NGF in inflammatory and proliferative cascades of psoriatic diseaseSiba P Raychaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2012..main objective of this study is to provide the direct and indirect evidences for the role of nerve growth factor (NGF) and its receptor system (NGF-R) in the pathogenesis of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- Inflammasome Activation in Complex Regional Pain SyndromeWade S Kingery; Fiscal Year: 2013..inflammasomes is required for the production of IL-12, downstream mediators such as nerve growth factor (NGF), and ultimately the development of CRPS-like features in our rodent model...
- Pharmacology of Intravesical Antisense Based Therapy for Over Active BladderNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the current proposal, we propose to use this approach for silencing nerve growth factor (NGF) gene locally in the bladder...
- NGF Receptor Regulates Prostate GrowthDaniel Djakiew; Fiscal Year: 2009..By lead compound optimization, we anticipate the development of novel chemotherapeutics with a novel mechanism of action for the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Cystitis-Induced Plasticity of Micturitin ReflexesMARGARET ANN VIZZARD; Fiscal Year: 2013..sensation may be mediated, in part, by inflammatory changes in the urinary bladder including nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- Molecular mechanisms of perineural invasion in pancreatic cancerHaiyong Han; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent reports indicate that expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) and its receptors correlate with perineural invasion and pain in human pancreatic cancer...
- ETHANOL EFFECT ON THE BASAL FOREBRAIN CORTEX SYSTEMMichael Miller; Fiscal Year: 1999..This projection system is one of the few to express nerve growth factor (NGF). Both NGF and acetylcholine are essential for maintaining neuronal plasticity...