Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NFIA
Description: nuclear factor I/A
Alias: CTF, NF-I/A, NF1-A, NFI-A, NFI-L, CCAAT-box-binding transcription factor, TGGCA-binding protein, nuclear factor 1 A-type
- Transcriptional regulation of the human TR2 orphan receptor gene by nuclear factor 1-AYun Lu Lin
Department of Life Science, National Dong Hwa University, Hualien 97401, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 350:430-6. 2006..In conclusion, our results indicated that NF1-A transcription factor plays an important role in the transcriptional activation of the TR2 gene expression via the PACE-C in the minimal promoter region...
- Emx and Nfi genes regulate cortical development and axon guidance in the telencephalonMichael Piper
The University of Queensland, Queensland Brain Institute and The School of Biomedical Sciences, Brisbane 4074, Australia
Novartis Found Symp 288:230-242; discussion 242-5, 276-81. 2007..The Nfi gene family is made up of four members, Nfia, Nfib, Nfic and Nfix...
- Disruption of the murine nuclear factor I-A gene (Nfia) results in perinatal lethality, hydrocephalus, and agenesis of the corpus callosumL das Neves
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland OH 44195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11946-51. 1999..We showed previously that the four murine NFI genes (Nfia, Nfib, Nfic, and Nfix) are expressed in unique but overlapping patterns during mouse development and in adult ..
- Expression of nuclear factor one A and -B in the olfactory bulbCeline Plachez
The University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1559, USA
J Comp Neurol 520:3135-49. 2012The nuclear factor one (NFI) family of transcription factors consists of four members in vertebrates, NFIA, NFIB, NFIC, and NFIX, which share a highly conserved N-terminal DNA-binding domain...
- Comparative chromosomal studies of E. caballus (ECA) and E. przewalskii (EPR) in a female F1 hybridE Ahrens
Department of Animal Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
J Anim Breed Genet 122:97-102. 2005..However, nuclear factor I (NFIA) and immunoglobulin lambda (IGL@), primarily assigned to ECA 5q, mapped to ECA 7 and EPR 6 respectively...
- Evidence that nuclear factor IA inhibits repair after white matter injuryStephen P J Fancy
Departments of Pediatrics and Neurosurgery, Eli and Edythe Broad Institute for Stem Cell Research and Regeneration Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Ann Neurol 72:224-33. 2012..Here we have investigated the role of the transcription factor nuclear factor IA (NFIA) in oligodendrocyte progenitor differentiation during developmental and regenerative myelination.
- MicroRNAs function on a new levelRyan M O'Connell
University of Utah
Blood 119:3875-6. 2012..The authors provide evidence that miR-223 binds to specific sites within the promoter of its target gene Nfia and represses transcription by influencing epigenetic events...
- Sox9 and NFIA coordinate a transcriptional regulatory cascade during the initiation of gliogenesisPeng Kang
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuron 74:79-94. 2012..b>NFIA is a transcription factor that plays a crucial role in the onset of gliogenesis; we found that its induction is ..
- Imaging, anatomical, and molecular analysis of callosal formation in the developing human fetal brainTianbo Ren
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 288:191-204. 2006..we have identified that molecules involved in mouse callosal development, including Slit, Robo, Netrin1, DCC, Nfia, Emx1, and GAP-43, are all expressed in human fetal brain...
- Adiponectin, adiponectin receptors, and epigenetic regulation of adipogenesisT Kadowaki
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 76:257-65. 2011..PPARγ and CCAAT-enhancer binding proteins (C/EBPs) on the top list, consistent with their crucial roles in adipogenic transcription, and also revealed NFIA and NFIB to be important regulators of proper adipocyte differentiation.
- The transcription factor NFIA controls the onset of gliogenesis in the developing spinal cordBenjamin Deneen
Division of Biology 216 76, California Institute of Technology, 1201 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Neuron 52:953-68. 2006..b>NFIA is both necessary and sufficient for GLAST induction in the VZ...
- A genome-wide survey of transgenerational genetic effects in autismKathryn M Tsang
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76978. 2013..candidate genes including: PCDH9, FOXP1, GABRB3, NRXN1, RELN, MACROD2, FHIT, RORA, CNTN4, CNTNAP2, FAM135B, LAMA1, NFIA, NLGN4X, RAPGEF4, and SDK1...
- The transcription factor gene Nfib is essential for both lung maturation and brain developmentGeorge Steele-Perkins
State University of New York at Buffalo, Dept of Biochemistry, 140 Farber Hall, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214 3000, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:685-98. 2005..We showed previously that Nfia-deficient mice exhibit agenesis of the corpus callosum and other forebrain defects, whereas Nfic-deficient mice ..
- A genome-wide association study of seasonal pattern mania identifies NF1A as a possible susceptibility gene for bipolar disorderHeon Jeong Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Affect Disord 145:200-7. 2013..The use of subphenotypes may be an effective approach for genetic studies of complex diseases. Manic episodes with a seasonal pattern may distinguish phenotypic subgroups of bipolar subjects that may also differ genetically...
- miR-29 promotes murine osteoclastogenesis by regulating osteoclast commitment and migrationTiziana Franceschetti
From the Center for Molecular Medicine and
J Biol Chem 288:33347-60. 2013..Moreover, miR-29 targets RNAs associated with the macrophage lineage: Gpr85 (G protein-coupled receptor 85), Nfia (nuclear factor I/A), and Cd93...
- A meta-analysis of thyroid-related traits reveals novel loci and gender-specific differences in the regulation of thyroid functionEleonora Porcu
Istituto di Ricerca Genetica e Biomedica IRGB, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, c o Cittadella Universitaria di Monserrato, Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
PLoS Genet 9:e1003266. 2013..Here we report 26 independent associations, including several novel loci for TSH (PDE10A, VEGFA, IGFBP5, NFIA, SOX9, PRDM11, FGF7, INSR, ABO, MIR1179, NRG1, MBIP, ITPK1, SASH1, GLIS3) and FT4 (LHX3, FOXE1, AADAT, NETO1/FBXO15,..
- Computational prediction of the polyQ and CAG repeat spinocerebellar ataxia network based on sequence identity to untranslated regionsJean L Spence
Omnitron Biosciences, USA
Gene 509:273-81. 2012..UGUUU repeats were identified as an abundant motif in the SCA network and PAXIP1, CELF2, CREBBP, EBF1, PLEKHG4, SRSF4, C5orf42, NFIA, STK24, and YWHAG were identified as statistically significant proteins in the polyQ and PPP2R2B network.
- Genome- and phenome-wide analyses of cardiac conduction identifies markers of arrhythmia riskMarylyn D Ritchie
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
Circulation 127:1377-85. 2013..ECG QRS duration, a measure of cardiac intraventricular conduction, varies ≈2-fold in individuals without cardiac disease. Slow conduction may promote re-entrant arrhythmias...
- Protective astrogenesis from the SVZ niche after injury is controlled by Notch modulator Thbs4Eric J Benner
George and Jean Brumley Neonatal Perinatal Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nature 497:369-73. 2013..by Thbs4 via direct Notch1 receptor binding and endocytosis to activate downstream signals, including increased Nfia transcription factor expression important for glia production...
- Heterozygosity for nuclear factor one x affects hippocampal-dependent behaviour in miceLachlan Harris
The School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e65478. 2013..of the hippocampus is the Nuclear factor one (Nfi) family, which encodes four site-specific transcription factors, NFIA, NFIB, NFIC and NFIX...
- Sleeping Beauty mutagenesis in a mouse medulloblastoma model defines networks that discriminate between human molecular subgroupsLaura A Genovesi
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E4325-34. 2013..mechanisms of action of subnetworks and used an in vivo model to confirm a role for a highly ranked candidate gene, Nfia, in promoting MB formation...
- Oncolytic effects of parvovirus H-1 in medulloblastoma are associated with repression of master regulators of early neurogenesisJeannine Lacroix
Division of Tumor Virology, Program Infection and Cancer, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 242, Heidelberg, Germany Department of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Immunology, Heidelberg University Hospital, Im Neuenheimer Feld 430, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 134:703-16. 2014..of key regulators of early neurogenesis shown to confer poor prognosis in MB such as ZIC1, FOXG1B, MYC, and NFIA. In MB cell lines with genomic amplification of MYC, expression of MYC was the single gene most significantly ..
- Reverse flow injection analysis method for catalytic spectrophotometric determination of iron in estuarine and coastal waters: a comparison with normal flow injection analysisYongming Huang
State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science, Environmental Science Research Center, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Talanta 93:86-93. 2012..The method detection limit was 0.40 nmol L(-1), lower than half of that of normal flow injection analysis (nFIA) method. The sample throughput was 10h(-1) with triplicate determination, compared with 4h(-1) for nFIA-DPD method...
- Molecular regulation of the developing commissural plateRandal X Moldrich
Queensland Brain Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
J Comp Neurol 518:3645-61. 2010..Disruption of the dorsal domains occurred in strains with commissural defects such as Emx2 and Nfia knockout mice but commissural plate patterning was normal in other acallosal strains such as Satb2(-/-)...
- Astrocyte precursor response to embryonic brain injuryMiriam S Domowicz
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC 5058, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Brain Res 1389:35-49. 2011..Increased expression of NFIA, SOX9 and GLAST at the wound site and in the ventricular zone (VZ) of the injured tecta indicated an astroglial ..
- NFIA controls telencephalic progenitor cell differentiation through repression of the Notch effector Hes1Michael Piper
Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Neurosci 30:9127-39. 2010..Nuclear factor I A (Nfia), a gene known to regulate spinal cord and neocortical development, has recently been implicated as acting ..
- NMDA-induced neuronal survival is mediated through nuclear factor I-A in miceSika Zheng
Neuroregeneration and Stem Cell Programs, Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2446-56. 2010..Additional evidence of the neuroprotective effects of NFI-A was provided by the observations that Nfia(-/-) neurons were highly sensitive to NMDA-induced excitotoxicity and were more susceptible to developmental cell ..
- A novel 1p31.3p32.2 deletion involving the NFIA gene detected by array CGH in a patient with macrocephaly and hypoplasia of the corpus callosumUdo Koehler
Medizinisch Genetisches Zentrum München, Bayerstr 3 5, 80335, Munich, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 169:463-8. 2010..To our knowledge, there have been six cases documented to date. Five of these cases, where the NFIA gene is involved, show complex central nervous system malformations and in some cases urinary tract defects...
- Nuclear factor IA is expressed in astrocytomas and is associated with improved survivalHae Ri Song
Departments of Neurosurgery and Neurology, New York University, School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:122-32. 2010Nuclear factor IA (NFIA) is a transcription factor that specifies glial cell identity and promotes astrocyte differentiation during embryonic development. Its expression and function in gliomas are not known...
- Mesenchymal nuclear factor I B regulates cell proliferation and epithelial differentiation during lung maturationYu Chih Hsu
Department of Biochemistry, Developmental Genomics Group, Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Science, State University of New York at Buffalo, 701 Ellicott St Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Dev Biol 354:242-52. 2011The Nuclear factor I (NFI) transcription factor family consists of four genes (Nfia, Nfib, Nfic and Nfix) that regulate the development of multiple organ systems in mice and humans...
- Transcription factor Lhx2 is necessary and sufficient to suppress astrogliogenesis and promote neurogenesis in the developing hippocampusLakshmi Subramanian
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai 400005, India
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:E265-74. 2011..Lhx2 overexpression was also able to override and suppress the activation of the GFAP promoter by Nfia, a Notch-regulated transcription factor that is required for gliogenesis...
- Genome-wide association of bipolar disorder suggests an enrichment of replicable associations in regions near genesErin N Smith
Scripps Genomic Medicine and Scripps Translational Science Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002134. 2011....
- Characterisation of genome-wide association epistasis signals for serum uric acid in human population isolatesWenhua Wei
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e23836. 2011..However, SLC2A9 was found interacting with multiple loci across the genome, with NFIA-SLC2A9 and SLC2A9-ESRRAP2 being significant based on a threshold derived for interactions between GWA significant ..
- Global mapping of cell type-specific open chromatin by FAIRE-seq reveals the regulatory role of the NFI family in adipocyte differentiationHironori Waki
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS Genet 7:e1002311. 2011..Overexpression of NFIA in 3T3-L1 cells resulted in robust induction of these genes and lipid droplet formation without differentiation ..
- Chromosome 1p32-p31 deletion syndrome: prenatal diagnosis by array comparative genomic hybridization using uncultured amniocytes and association with NFIA haploinsufficiency, ventriculomegaly, corpus callosum hypogenesis, abnormal external genitalia, and Chih Ping Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 50:345-52. 2011To present prenatal diagnosis of chromosome 1p32-p31 deletion syndrome with NFIA haploinsufficiency, ventriculomegaly, corpus callosum hypogenesis, abnormal external genitalia, and intrauterine growth restriction and to review the ..
- Clinically relevant single gene or intragenic deletions encompassing critical neurodevelopmental genes in patients with developmental delay, mental retardation, and/or autism spectrum disordersFady M Mikhail
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Am J Med Genet A 155:2386-96. 2011..These genes belong to four functional categories, including neuronal transcription factor genes (NFIA at 1p31.3, MEF2C at 5q14.3, andCAMAT1at 1p36.23p36.31), neuron-specific splicing factor genes (RBFOX1 at 16p13.2p13...
- Genomic organization, splice products and mouse chromosomal localization of genes for transcription factor Nuclear Factor OneAlbert Gründer
Institut für Biologie III Genetik, Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Schaenzlestrasse 1, D 79104, Freiburg, Germany
Gene 304:171-81. 2003Transcription factor Nuclear Factor One (NFI) proteins are derived from a small family of four vertebrate genes (NFIA, B, C and X), all of which produce a fair number of protein variants by alternative splicing...
- Targets of the nuclear factor I regulon involved in early and late development of postmitotic cerebellar granule neuronsWei Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and Program in Neuroscience, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Neurosci Res 88:258-65. 2010..Consistent with this, synapsin I was greatly reduced within the internal granule cell layer of P17 Nfia-null mice...
- NFI-A directs the fate of hematopoietic progenitors to the erythroid or granulocytic lineage and controls beta-globin and G-CSF receptor expressionLinda Marie Starnes
Department of Histology and Medical Embryology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Blood 114:1753-63. 2009..Altogether, these results indicate that, in early hematopoiesis, the NFI-A expression level acts as a novel factor channeling HPCs into either the E or G lineage...
- Nuclear factor I regulates brain fatty acid-binding protein and glial fibrillary acidic protein gene expression in malignant glioma cell linesMiranda Brun
Department of Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, Alberta, Canada
J Mol Biol 391:282-300. 2009..We show by gel shifts that all four members of the NFI family (NFIA, NFIB, NFIC, and NFIX) bind to B-FABP and GFAP NFI consensus sites...
- A minicircuitry comprised of microRNA-223 and transcription factors NFI-A and C/EBPalpha regulates human granulopoiesisFrancesco Fazi
Department of Histology and Medical Embryology, University of Rome La Sapienza and San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park of Rome, Via di Castel Romano 100, 00128, Rome, Italy
Cell 123:819-31. 2005..Altogether, our data indicate that miR-223 plays a crucial role during granulopoiesis and point to the NFI-A repression as an important molecular pathway mediating gene reprogramming in this cell lineage...
- Organization of gene structure and expression of nuclear factor 1 family in ratShigehiro Osada
Laboratory of Environmental Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
DNA Seq 16:151-5. 2005The nuclear factor 1 (NF1) family proteins are encoded by four different genes (Nfia, Nfib, Nfic and Nfix) and regulate gene expression and DNA replication...
- FOXC1 transcriptional regulatory activity is impaired by PBX1 in a filamin A-mediated mannerFred B Berry
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 25:1415-24. 2005....
- Distributions of Z-DNA and nuclear factor I in human chromosome 22: a model for coupled transcriptional regulationP Christoph Champ
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, ALS 2011, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:6501-10. 2004..2001) Cell, 106, 309-318]. The results from this study will facilitate the design of experimental studies to test the generality of this mechanism for other genes in the cell...
- A role for nuclear factor I in the intrinsic control of cerebellar granule neuron gene expressionWei Wang
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, 55 Lake Ave N, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Biol Chem 279:53491-7. 2004..Furthermore, analyses of gene knockout mice revealed that Nfia is specifically required for normal expression of the GABRA6 gene in cerebellar granule neurons...
- NF1 transcriptional factor(s) is required for basal promoter activation of the human intestinal NaPi-IIb cotransporter geneHua Xu
Department of Pediatrics, Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 288:G175-81. 2005..This study has thus identified a new target gene in the small intestinal epithelium that is directly regulated by NF1 transcriptional factor(s)...
- Essential role for NFI-C/CTF transcription-replication factor in tooth root developmentGeorge Steele-Perkins
Lerner Research Institute, Department of Cancer Biology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:1075-84. 2003..Four genes encoding nuclear factor I (NFI) transcription-replication proteins are present in the mouse genome: Nfia, Nfib, Nfic, and NFIX: In order to elucidate its physiological role(s), we disrupted the Nfic gene in mice...
- Abnormal development of forebrain midline glia and commissural projections in Nfia knock-out miceTianzhi Shu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, and the Program in Neuroscience, The University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Neurosci 23:203-12. 2003..1997; for review, see Gronostajski, 2000). All four NFI genes are expressed in embryonic mouse brain, with Nfia, Nfib, and Nfix being expressed highly in developing cortex (Chaudhry et al., 1997)...
- Exon structure of the nuclear factor I DNA-binding domain from C. elegans to mammalsC F Fletcher
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mamm Genome 10:390-6. 1999..elegans NFI genes. The four murine NFI genes are on Chrs 4 (Nfia and Nfib), 8 (Nfix), and 10 (Nfic), suggesting early duplication of the genes and dispersal throughout the genome...
- CREB binding protein coordinates the function of multiple transcription factors including nuclear factor I to regulate phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) gene transcriptionP Leahy
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4935, USA
J Biol Chem 274:8813-22. 1999..NFI-A combines with dexamethasone or thyroid hormone in an additive manner to stimulate PEPCK gene transcription. We conclude that CBP coordinates the action of the multiple factors known to control transcription of the PEPCK gene...
- Expression patterns of the four nuclear factor I genes during mouse embryogenesis indicate a potential role in developmentA Z Chaudhry
Department of Cancer Biology, Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Dev Dyn 208:313-25. 1997..We have isolated cDNAs from all four murine NFI genes (gene designations Nfia, Nfib, Nfic, and Nfix), assessed the embryonic and postnatal expression patterns of the NFI genes, and determined ..
- Chromosomal localization of the four genes (NFIA, B, C, and X) for the human transcription factor nuclear factor I by FISHF Qian
Institut fur Biologie III, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
Genomics 28:66-73. 1995..position of NFI genes in the human genome, we isolated partial cDNA sequences derived from four independent genes: NFIA, NFIB, NFIC, and NFIX...
- Loss- and gain-of-function analyses reveal targets of Pax6 in the developing mouse telencephalonPontus C Holm
Institute for Stem Cell Research, National Research Center for Environment and Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 34:99-119. 2007..Pax6-deficient cortex the expression levels of various transcription factors involved in neurogenesis (like Satb2, Nfia, AP-2gamma, NeuroD6, Ngn2, Tbr2, Bhlhb5) and the retinoic acid signalling molecule Rlbp1 were reduced...
- Nuclear factor I X deficiency causes brain malformation and severe skeletal defectsKatrin Driller
Institut fur Biologie III, Fakultat fur Biologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Schanzlestrasse 1, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 27:3855-3867. 2007The transcription factor family of nuclear factor I (NFI) proteins is encoded by four closely related genes: Nfia, Nfib, Nfic, and Nfix...
- Absence of the transcription factor Nfib delays the formation of the basilar pontine and other mossy fiber nucleiAsli Kumbasar
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Comp Neurol 513:98-112. 2009..While the mossy fiber nuclei of the caudal medulla do form, they also exhibit a developmental delay. Nfia and Nfix null mice exhibit no apparent pontine phenotype, implying specificity in the action of NFI family members...
- Nuclear factor one transcription factors in CNS developmentSharon Mason
Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Building 79, St Lucia, 4072, Australia
Mol Neurobiol 39:10-23. 2009..b>Nfia null mice display a striking brain phenotype including agenesis of the corpus callosum and malformation of midline ..
- Nuclear factor I transcription factors regulate IGF binding protein 5 gene transcription in human osteoblastsLAURA A PEREZ-CASELLAS
Jerry L Pettis Memorial Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1789:78-87. 2009..Nfix was less active and Nfia and Nfic were inhibitory...
- Gene expression profiles following exposure to a developmental neurotoxicant, Aroclor 1254: pathway analysis for possible mode(s) of actionJoyce E Royland
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Branch, Neurotoxicology Division, NHEERL, ORD, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 231:179-96. 2008..Ryr2, Trio, Fert2, Ptk2b), axonal guidance (Lum, Mxd3, Akap11, Gucy1b3), aryl hydrocarbon receptor signaling (Nfia, Col1a2), and transcripts involved in cell proliferation (Gspt2, Cdkn1c, Ptk2b) and differentiation (Ifitm31, Hpca, ..
- The transcription factor Nfix is essential for normal brain developmentChristine E Campbell
Dept of Biochemistry and New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:52. 2008..We showed previously that Nfia-deficient mice exhibit agenesis of the corpus callosum and other forebrain defects; Nfib-deficient mice have ..
- Gene expression profile analysis of primary glioblastomas and non-neoplastic brain tissue: identification of potential target genes by oligonucleotide microarray and real-time quantitative PCRCarlos A Scrideli
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Neurooncol 88:281-91. 2008..00001 for CDKN2C, CKS2, EEF1A1, EMP3, PDPN, BNIP2, CA12, CD34, CDC42EP4, PPIE, SNAI2, GDF15 and MMP23b; and NFIA (P: 0.0001), GPS1 (P: 0.0003), LAMA1 (P: 0.002), STIM1 (P: 0.006), and TASP1 (P: 0.01)...
- Nuclear factor I gene expression in the developing forebrainCeline Plachez
University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Comp Neurol 508:385-401. 2008Three members of the Nuclear Factor I (Nfi) gene family of transcription factors; Nfia, Nfib, and Nfix are highly expressed in the developing mouse brain...
- Cross-talk of expression quantitative trait loci within 2 interacting blood pressure quantitative trait lociNorman H Lee
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Hypertension 50:1126-33. 2007..The results uncovered an interaction between 2 transcription factor genes, Dmrta2 and Nfia. Furthermore, the "biological signature" elicited by these 2 transcription factors was differential between the ..
- Nuclear factor I coordinates multiple phases of cerebellar granule cell development via regulation of cell adhesion moleculesWei Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and Program in Neuroscience, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Neurosci 27:6115-27. 2007..In postnatal day 17 Nfia-deficient mice, parallel fibers were greatly diminished and disoriented, CGN dendrite formation was dramatically ..
- NFIA haploinsufficiency is associated with a CNS malformation syndrome and urinary tract defectsWeining Lu
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e80. 2007..related CNS malformations and in some cases urinary tract defects, and also haploinsufficiency for the NFIA transcription factor gene due to chromosomal translocation or deletion...
- Gene expression analysis of nuclear factor I-A deficient mice indicates delayed brain maturationYong Wee Wong
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Genome Biol 8:R72. 2007..Previous studies have shown that disruption of the Nfia gene in mice leads to perinatal lethality, corpus callosum agenesis, and hydrocephalus.
- Isolation of complementary DNAs encoding a cerebellum-enriched nuclear factor I family that activates transcription from the mouse myelin basic protein promoterT Inoue
Division of Behavior and Neurobiology, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Japan
J Biol Chem 265:19065-70. 1990..NFI-B is highly enriched in the cerebellum, in contrast with a ubiquitous NFI, CTF/NF-I. NFI-B proteins translated in vitro could bind to the MBP NFI site...
- Genome-wide association and meta-analysis of bipolar disorder in individuals of European ancestryLaura J Scott
Department of Biostatistics and Center for Statistical Genetics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7501-6. 2009..37, P = 0.042). Although these results are promising, analysis of additional samples will be required to confirm that variant(s) in these regions influence BP risk...
- Transcriptional regulation of pontine developmentE Litwack; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mice lacking the Nfia gene exhibit a moderate reduction in BP size...
- Role of NFI in type II Cell FunctionCINDY BACHURSKI; Fiscal Year: 2006..All NFI family members are expressed in adult Type II cells, however genetic inactivation of Nfib, but not Nfia, causes neonatal death by respiratory failure due to a block in lung maturation...
- Fate of Aggrecan-Expressing Progenitors in GliogenesisMiriam Domowicz; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mapping Gene Networks in Colon CancerNorman H Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010....