Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NFE2L1
Description: nuclear factor, erythroid 2 like 1
Alias: LCR-F1, NRF1, TCF11, nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 1, NF-E2-related factor 1, NFE2-related factor 1, TCF-11, locus control region-factor 1, nuclear factor, erythroid derived 2, like 1, transcription factor 11 (basic leucine zipper type), transcription factor HBZ17, transcription factor LCR-F1
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning of Nrf1, an NF-E2-related transcription factor, by genetic selection in yeastJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:11371-5. 1993..activators and have used it to identify a human basic leucine-zipper transcription factor that we have designated Nrf1 for NF-E2-related factor 1...
- Targeted disruption of the ubiquitous CNC-bZIP transcription factor, Nrf-1, results in anemia and embryonic lethality in miceJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
EMBO J 17:1779-87. 1998..To determine the function of Nrf-1, targeted disruption of the Nrf-1 gene was carried out. Homozygous Nrf-1 mutant mice are anemic due to a non-cell autonomous defect in definitive erythropoiesis and die in utero...
- Nrf1 is targeted to the endoplasmic reticulum membrane by an N-terminal transmembrane domain. Inhibition of nuclear translocation and transacting functionWeiping Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19676-87. 2006..response elements involves members of the CNC (Cap 'n' Collar) family of basic leucine zipper proteins including Nrf1 and Nrf2. Nrf2 activity is regulated by Keap1-mediated compartmentalization in the cell...
- The p65 isoform of Nrf1 is a dominant negative inhibitor of ARE-mediated transcriptionWeiping Wang
Department of Pathology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24670-8. 2007..Activation through the ARE involves members of the CNC-subfamily of basic leucine zipper proteins including Nrf1 and Nrf2...
- Transcription factor Nrf1 mediates the proteasome recovery pathway after proteasome inhibition in mammalian cellsSenthil K Radhakrishnan
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Mol Cell 38:17-28. 2010..Here, we report that nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-related factor 1 (Nrf1), a transcription factor of the cap "n" collar basic leucine zipper family, but not the related Nrf2, is necessary ..
- Proteasomal degradation is transcriptionally controlled by TCF11 via an ERAD-dependent feedback loopJanos Steffen
Institut für Biochemie CC2, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Oudenarder Strasse 16, 13347 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell 40:147-58. 2010..Here, we report the identification of the transcription factor TCF11 (long isoform of Nrf1) as a key regulator for 26S proteasome formation in human cells to compensate for reduced ..
- Loss of nuclear factor E2-related factor 1 in the brain leads to dysregulation of proteasome gene expression and neurodegenerationCandy S Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8408-13. 2011..Nuclear factor E2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) transcription factor has been shown to regulate expression of antioxidant and cytoprotective genes...
- A new in vitro method for identifying chemical sensitizers combining peptide binding with ARE/EpRE-mediated gene expression in human skin cellsJames M McKim
CeeTox Inc, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008, USA
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 29:171-92. 2010..Three signaling pathways (Keap1/Nrf 2/ARE/EpRE, ARNT/AhR/XRE, and Nrf1/MTF/MRE) that are known to be activated by sensitizing agents were monitored by measuring the relative abundance of ..
- R-alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine complementarily promote mitochondrial biogenesis in murine 3T3-L1 adipocytesW Shen
Institute for Nutritional Science, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Diabetologia 51:165-74. 2008..We examined the effect of two mitochondrial nutrients, R-alpha-lipoic acid (LA) and acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC), as well as their combined effect, on mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- Nrf1 and Nrf2 regulate rat glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit transcription indirectly via NF-kappaB and AP-1Heping Yang
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, USC Research Center for Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine USC, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:5933-46. 2005Glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit (GCLC) is regulated transcriptionally by Nrf1 and Nrf2. tert-Butylhydroquinone (TBH) induces human GCLC via Nrf2-mediated trans activation of the antioxidant-responsive element (ARE)...
- A new activating role for CO in cardiac mitochondrial biogenesisHagit B Suliman
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cell Sci 120:299-308. 2007..Mitochondrial biogenesis is activated by gene and protein expression of the nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and NRF2, of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator-1alpha, and of mitochondrial ..
- hMAF, a small human transcription factor that heterodimerizes specifically with Nrf1 and Nrf2M G Marini
Istituto di Clinica e Biologia dell Età Evolutiva, Universita di Cagliari, Cagliari 09121, Italy
J Biol Chem 272:16490-7. 1997..addition to homodimers, hMAF can also form high affinity heterodimers with two members of the NFE2/CNC-bZip family (Nrf1 and Nrf2) but not with a third family member, p45-NFE2...
- NOS isoform-specific regulation of basal but not exercise-induced mitochondrial biogenesis in mouse skeletal muscleG D Wadley
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3010, Australia
J Physiol 585:253-62. 2007..The basal mitochondrial biogenesis markers NRF1, NRF2alpha and mtTFA mRNA were significantly (P< 0...
- Interferon-stimulated gene ISG12b1 inhibits adipogenic differentiation and mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 cellsBing Li
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Endocrinology 150:1217-24. 2009..DNA content and gene expression of mitochondrial transcription factor A (mtTFA), nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1), and cytochrome oxidase II, suggesting an inhibitory role of ISG12b1 in mitochondrial biogenesis and function...
- Distinct Nrf1/2-independent mechanisms mediate As 3+-induced glutamate-cysteine ligase subunit gene expression in murine hepatocytesJames A Thompson
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:1614-25. 2009..of Gclc and Gclm was also differentially regulated by the MAPK signaling pathways and occurred independent of the Nrf1/2 transcription factors...
- Regionalized pathology correlates with augmentation of mtDNA copy numbers in a patient with myoclonic epilepsy with ragged-red fibers (MERRF-syndrome)Anja Brinckmann
Department of Neuropediatrics, Charite University Medical School, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13513. 2010..we further determined the quantity of mitochondrial proteins (COX subunits II and IV), transcription factors (NRF1 and TFAM), and VDAC1 (Porin) as a marker for the mitochondrial mass...
- Thioredoxin1 upregulates mitochondrial proteins related to oxidative phosphorylation and TCA cycle in the heartTetsuro Ago
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, UMDNJ, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, 07103, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 8:1635-50. 2006..analysis showed that upregulated genes frequently contained binding sites for nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1)...
- Orphan nuclear receptor estrogen-related receptor alpha is essential for adaptive thermogenesisJosep A Villena
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1418-23. 2007..important for mitochondrial function, parallel to other factors controlling mitochondrial gene expression, such as NRF1 and NRF2/GABPA...
- Nrf3-deficient mice are not protected against acute lung and adipose tissue damages induced by butylated hydroxytolueneGregory Chevillard
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
FEBS Lett 584:923-8. 2010..In the lung, transcript levels of the transcription factors Nrf1, Nrf2 and Nrf3 were differentially regulated by BHT treatment...
- Nrf1 is critical for redox balance and survival of liver cells during developmentLinyun Chen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4673-86. 2003The Nrf1 transcription factor belongs to the CNC subfamily of basic leucine zipper proteins. Knockout of Nrf1 is lethal in mouse embryos, but nothing is known about the cell types that absolutely require its function during development...
- Deficiency of the Nrf1 and Nrf2 transcription factors results in early embryonic lethality and severe oxidative stressLaura Leung
Department of Pathology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 278:48021-9. 2003b>Nrf1 and Nrf2 are members of the CNC family of bZIP transcription factors that exhibit structural similarities, and they are co-expressed in a wide range of tissues during development...
- MCRS2 represses the transactivation activities of Nrf1Jia Long Wu
IBMS, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, ROC
BMC Cell Biol 10:9. 2009b>Nrf1 [p45 nuclear factor-erythroid 2 (p45 NF-E2)-related factor 1], a member of the CNC-bZIP (CNC basic region leucine zipper) family, is known to be a transcriptional activator by dimerization with distinct partners, such as Maf, FosB, c-..
- Prolonged Nrf1 overexpression triggers adipocyte inflammation and insulin resistanceFlorence H van Tienen
Department of Genetics and Cell Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Cell Biochem 111:1575-85. 2010..Although Pgc1α is regarded as the main regulator of mitochondrial function, downstream Nrf1 is the key regulator of mitochondrial biogenesis...
- Nuclear respiratory factor 1 controls myocyte enhancer factor 2A transcription to provide a mechanism for coordinate expression of respiratory chain subunitsBindu Ramachandran
Diabetes Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 283:11935-46. 2008Nuclear respiratory factors NRF1 and NRF2 regulate the expression of nuclear genes encoding heme biosynthetic enzymes, proteins required for mitochondrial genome transcription and protein import, and numerous respiratory chain subunits...
- Isolation of a bi-directional promoter directing expression of the mouse GABPalpha and ATP synthase coupling factor 6 genesY Chinenov
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri at Columbia, MO, Columbia 65212, USA
Gene 261:311-20. 2000..cDNA sequence including sites for GABP (-86, -104, -169, -257, and -994), YY1 (-57), Sp1 (-242 and -226), and NRF1 (-5). No 'TATA' motif was identified near either the GABPalpha or ATPsynCF6 transcription start sites...
- Expression of transcription factors during megakaryocytic differentiation of CD34+ cells from human cord blood induced by thrombopoietinK Terui
Department of Pediatrics, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 192:259-73. 2000..GATA-1 and GATA-2, a GATA-binding factor, EVI-1, the large subunit of NF-E2 factor, p45 and the related factors, Nrf1, Nrf2, Nrf3, BACH1, BACH2, and the small subunit of NF-E2, MAFK and MAFG has been examined in human megakaryocytic ..
- A common set of gene regulatory networks links metabolism and growth inhibitionHugh Cam
Department of Pathology, MSB 504, New York University School of Medicine and New York University Cancer Institute, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell 16:399-411. 2004..Motif-finding algorithms predicted the existence of nuclear respiratory factor-1 (NRF1) binding sites in E2F target promoters, and genome-wide factor binding analysis confirmed our predictions...
- In vivo, nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors alter expression of both mitochondrial and lipid metabolism genes in the absence of depletion of mitochondrial DNAPatrick W G Mallon
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, NSW 2010, Australia
J Infect Dis 191:1686-96. 2005..The effects of this mitochondrial dysfunction on lipid metabolism, at a molecular level in vivo, have not been described...
- Comprehensive association study of type 2 diabetes and related quantitative traits with 222 candidate genesKyle J Gaulton
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 57:3136-44. 2008..We used a candidate gene-based approach to identify single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) variants in 222 candidate genes that influence susceptibility to type 2 diabetes...
- Metabolic network topology reveals transcriptional regulatory signatures of type 2 diabetesAleksej Zelezniak
Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Center for Microbial Biotechnology, Lyngby, Denmark
PLoS Comput Biol 6:e1000729. 2010..The identified transcription factors include members of the CREB, NRF1 and PPAR family, among others, and represent regulatory targets for further experimental analysis...
- Association between polymorphisms in RAPGEF1, TP53, NRF1 and type 2 diabetes in Chinese Han populationLili Qu
Central Laboratory of Nanjing First Hospital affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, 68 Changle Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 91:171-6. 2011..The aim of the present study was to investigate the association between the polymorphisms of RAPGEF1, TP53 and NRF1 and the risk of type 2 diabetes in the Chinese Han population...
- Dual regulation of the transcriptional activity of Nrf1 by β-TrCP- and Hrd1-dependent degradation mechanismsYoshiki Tsuchiya
Laboratory for Genetic Cord, Graduate School of Life and Medical Sciences, Doshisha University, 1 3 Tatara Miyakodani, Kyotanabe 610 0394, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 31:4500-12. 2011A growing body of evidence suggests that Nrf1 is an inducible transcription factor that maintains cellular homeostasis...
- An overview of transcriptional regulation in response to toxicological insultPaul Jennings
Division of Physiology, Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Innsbruck Medical University, Fritz Pregl Strasse 3 1, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Arch Toxicol 87:49-72. 2013..Primary among the response pathways involved are NFE2L2 (Nrf2), NFE2L1 (Nrf1), p53, heat shock factor and the unfolded protein response...
- Natural antioxidants exhibit chemopreventive characteristics through the regulation of CNC b-Zip transcription factors in estrogen-induced breast carcinogenesisAnwesha Chatterjee
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO, 64108, USA
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 28:529-38. 2014..mRNA and protein expression levels of CNC b-zip transcription factors nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 1 (Nrf1), nuclear factor erythroid 2 related factor 2 (Nrf2), nuclear factor erythroid 2 related factor 3 (Nrf3), and Nrf2-..
- Body mass index associated to rs2021966 ENPP1 polymorphism increases the risk for gestational diabetes mellitusFederica Tarquini
Department of Surgical and Biomedical Sciences, Section of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 31:83-6. 2015..SNPs for ENPP1, NRF1, VEGFA, CEBPA, and PIK3R1 were analyzed by SNP genotyping...
- Long-Term Gestational Hypoxia Modulates Expression of Key Genes Governing Mitochondrial Function in the Perirenal Adipose of the Late Gestation Sheep FetusDean A Myers
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Reprod Sci 22:654-63. 2015..Long-term hypoxia increased (P < .05) perirenal eNOS and phospho-eNOS, messenger RNA (mRNA) for NRF1, NRF-2, mtTFA as well as COX-I, COX-II, and COX-IV mRNA...
- The Neuroprotective Effect of Glycyrrhizic Acid on an Experimental Model of Focal Cerebral Ischemia in RatsTarik Akman
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Canakkale, Turkey
Inflammation 38:1581-8. 2015..Malondialdehyde (MDA), superoxide dismutase (SOD), and nuclear respiratory factor-1 (NRF1) levels were analyzed biochemically on the right cerebral hemisphere, while ischemic histopathological studies were ..
- Stem cell aging. A mitochondrial UPR-mediated metabolic checkpoint regulates hematopoietic stem cell agingMary Mohrin
Program in Metabolic Biology, Nutritional Sciences and Toxicology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Science 347:1374-7. 2015..branch of the mitochondrial unfolded protein response (UPR(mt)), which is mediated by the interplay of SIRT7 and NRF1 and is coupled to cellular energy metabolism and proliferation...
- The Protective Effects of Salidroside from Exhaustive Exercise-Induced Heart Injury by Enhancing the PGC-1 α -NRF1/NRF2 Pathway and Mitochondrial Respiratory Function in RatsZheng Ping
Department of Cardiology, Geriatric Cardiovascular Disease Research and Treatment Center, No 252 Hospital of PLA, Baoding 071000, China
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2015:876825. 2015To test the hypothesis that salidroside (SAL) can protect heart from exhaustive exercise-induced injury by enhancing mitochondrial respiratory function and mitochondrial biogenesis key signaling pathway PGC-1α-NRF1/NRF2 in rats.
- Acute Carnosine Administration Increases Respiratory Chain Complexes and Citric Acid Cycle Enzyme Activities in Cerebral Cortex of Young RatsLevy W Macedo
Laboratório de Erros Inatos do Metabolismo, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Mol Neurobiol 53:5582-90. 2016..RT-PCR (RT-qPCR) data on mRNA levels of mitochondrial biogenesis-related proteins (nuclear respiratory factor 1 (Nrf1), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ coactivator 1-α (Ppargc1α), and mitochondrial transcription ..
- Oleuropein induces mitochondrial biogenesis and decreases reactive oxygen species generation in cultured avian muscle cells, possibly via an up-regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator-1αMotoi Kikusato
Animal Nutrition, Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Anim Sci J 87:1371-1378. 2016..as well as peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator-1α (PGC-1α), nuclear respiratory factor-1 (NRF1), mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM) and ATP5a1 (a component of mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate ..
- Nuclear Factor Erythroid-2 Like 1 (NFE2L1): Structure, function and regulationHyun Min Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California, Irvine, D440 Medical Sciences, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Gene 584:17-25. 2016Nrf1 (also referred to as NFE2L1) is a member of the CNC-bZIP family of transcription factors that are characterized by a highly conserved CNC-domain, and a basic-leucine zipper domain required for dimerization and DNA binding...
- Akt3 knockdown induces mitochondrial dysfunction in human cancer cellsMinjee Kim
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Dong A University, Busan 607 714, Republic of Korea Institute of Convergence Bio Health, Dong A University, Busan 607 714, Republic of Korea
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 48:447-53. 2016..increased in the Akt1- and Akt3-knockdown cells, and this increase was accompanied by an increase in TFAM and NRF1. Akt2 knockdown did not cause a similar effect...
- The Role of Nuclear Factor-E2-Related Factor 1 in the Oxidative Stress Response in MC3T3-E1 Osteoblastic CellsSo Young Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Dankook University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Endocrinol Metab (Seoul) 31:336-42. 2016..Nuclear factor-E2-related factor 1 (NFE2L1, Nrf1) is known to regulate the expression of a number of genes involved in oxidative stress and inflammation...
- A PBX1 transcriptional network controls dopaminergic neuron development and is impaired in Parkinson's diseaseJ Carlos Villaescusa
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, DBRM, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden Institute of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic Psychiatric Stem Cell Group, Neurogenetics Unit, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
EMBO J 35:1963-78. 2016..genes, such as Onecut2 to inhibit lateral fates during embryogenesis, Pitx3 to promote mDAn development, and Nfe2l1 to protect from oxidative stress...
- Magnesium and calcium-enriched deep-sea water promotes mitochondrial biogenesis by AMPK-activated signals pathway in 3T3-L1 preadipocytesByung Geun Ha
Biomedical Research Institute, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, South Korea
Biomed Pharmacother 83:477-484. 2016..Quantitative real-time PCR revealed that BDSW enhances expression of PGC1-α, NRF1, and TFAM genes...
- Nrf1 can be processed and activated in a proteasome-independent mannerJanakiram R Vangala
Department of Pathology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Curr Biol 26:R834-5. 2016In response to proteasome inhibition, the transcription factor Nrf1 facilitates de novo synthesis of proteasomes by inducing proteasome subunit (PSM) genes [1,2]...
- Reply to Vangala et al.: Complete inhibition of the proteasome reduces new proteasome production by causing Nrf1 aggregationZhe Sha
Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Biol 26:R836-7. 2016..adaptation of cells to proteasome inhibition is the induction of new proteasomes via the transcription factor Nrf1 [1,2], which is produced as a precursor bound to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) through its amino terminus...
- Dietary Probiotic Bacillus subtilis Strain fmbj Increases Antioxidant Capacity and Oxidative Stability of Chicken Breast Meat during StorageWen Kai Bai
College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Xuanwu District, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 11:e0167339. 2016..GSH), mRNA expression of antioxidant genes (Nrf2, HO-1, SOD, CAT, GSH-Px) and mitochondrial function genes (avUCP, NRF1, NRF2, TFAM, PGC-1α), oxidative damage index (MDA, ROS, PC, 8-OHdG), and MMP level in chicken breast meat as ..
- The gene (NFE2L1) for human NRF-1, an activator involved in nuclear-mitochondrial interactions, maps to 7q32V Tiranti
Division of Biochemistry and Genetics, C Besta National Neurological Institute, Milan, Italy
Genomics 27:555-7. 1995
- The bZIP transcription factor LCR-F1 is essential for mesoderm formation in mouse developmentS C Farmer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Genes Dev 11:786-98. 1997..LCR-F1 and the related bZIP transcription factors NF-E2 p45 and NRF2 must compensate for each other in globin gene regulation...
- Small maf (MafG and MafK) proteins negatively regulate antioxidant response element-mediated expression and antioxidant induction of the NAD(P)H:Quinone oxidoreductase1 geneS Dhakshinamoorthy
Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 275:40134-41. 2000..The nuclear transcription factor Nrf2 and Nrf1 bind to the ARE and positively regulate expression and induction of the NQO1 and GST Ya genes...
- 4-Hydroxynonenal induces rat gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase through mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated electrophile response element/nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 signalingHongqiao Zhang
Department of Environmental Health Science, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:174-81. 2006..HNE-increased nuclear content of Nrf1, Nrf2, and c-Jun in L2 cells was partially blocked by inhibition of either ERK1/2 or p38MAPK and completely blocked ..
- The NHB1 (N-terminal homology box 1) sequence in transcription factor Nrf1 is required to anchor it to the endoplasmic reticulum and also to enable its asparagine-glycosylationYiguo Zhang
Biomedical Research Center, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 408:161-72. 2007b>Nrf1 (nuclear factor-erythroid 2 p45 subunit-related factor 1) is negatively controlled by its NTD (N-terminal domain) that lies between amino acids 1 and 124...
- Mitochondrial DNA content, an inaccurate biomarker of mitochondrial alteration in human immunodeficiency virus-related lipodystrophyMin Ji Kim
INSERM, U582, Paris, F 75013 France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1670-6. 2008..However, the expression of the known transcription factors of mitochondrial biogenesis (TFAM, NRF1, GABPA, PPARGC1A, PPARGC1B, and PPRC1) was normal or decreased...
- Interaction of USF1/USF2 and alpha-Pal/Nrf1 to Fmr-1 promoter increases in mouse brain during agingS Prasad
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Lab, CAS in Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:347-51. 2008..mechanism is linked to aging, we have studied interaction of the transcription factors USF1/USF2 and alpha-Pal/Nrf1 to E-box and GC-box, respectively, in Fmr-1 promoter in the brain of young, adult, and old mouse using ..
- Targeted disruption of nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-like 1 in osteoblasts reduces bone size and bone formation in miceJonghyun Kim
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis VA Medical Center, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Physiol Genomics 40:100-10. 2010Previous in vitro studies found that nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-like 1 (NFE2L1) was involved in mediating ascorbic acid-induced osterix expression and osteoblast differentiation via binding to the antioxidant response element of ..
- Dynamic regulation of mitochondrial network and oxidative functions during 3T3-L1 fat cell differentiationPierre Henri Ducluzeau
INSERM U694, Univerité d Angers, CHU Angers, 4 rue Larrey, Angers, France
J Physiol Biochem 67:285-96. 2011..to uncoupled respiration with a tendency towards decreased membrane potential, with no variation of mtTFA and NRF1 gene expression...
- The Nrf1 CNC-bZIP protein is regulated by the proteasome and activated by hypoxiaNikolai L Chepelev
Department of Biology, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e29167. 2011b>Nrf1 (nuclear factor-erythroid 2 p45 subunit-related factor 1) is a transcription factor mediating cellular responses to xenobiotic and pro-oxidant stress...
- Defects of mtDNA replication impaired mitochondrial biogenesis during Trypanosoma cruzi infection in human cardiomyocytes and chagasic patients: the role of Nrf1/2 and antioxidant responseXianxiu Wan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1070, USA
J Am Heart Assoc 1:e003855. 2012....
- Curcumin protects human keratinocytes against inorganic arsenite-induced acute cytotoxicity through an NRF2-dependent mechanismRui Zhao
Department of Forensic Pathology, School of Forensic Medicine, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110001, China
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2013:412576. 2013..High concentration of curcumin (20 μM) also increased protein expression of long isoforms of NRF1. Treatment with low concentrations of curcumin (2...
- Triiodothyronine induces lipid oxidation and mitochondrial biogenesis in rat Harderian glandA Santillo
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Ambientali, Biologiche e Farmaceutiche, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Via Vivaldi, 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
J Endocrinol 219:69-78. 2013..Indeed, hypothyroid status did not modify the expression of mitochondrial biogenesis genes such as Ppargc1a, Nrf1 and Tfam, whereas T3 treatment increased the expression level of these genes.
- Regulation of the biogenesis of OXPHOS complexes in cell transition from replicating to quiescent state: involvement of PKA and effect of hydroxytyrosolAnna Signorile
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Neurosciences and Sense organs, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Bari 70124, Italy Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1843:675-84. 2014..receptor gamma coactivator 1-alpha (PGC-1α) and the down-stream nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factors (TFAM)...
- Dietary fucoxanthin increases metabolic rate and upregulated mRNA expressions of the PGC-1alpha network, mitochondrial biogenesis and fusion genes in white adipose tissues of miceMeng Ting Wu
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Mar Drugs 12:964-82. 2014..Mitochondrial biogenic genes, nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and NRF2, were increased in eWAT by FX...
- Identification of novel transcription factors in osteoclast differentiation using genome-wide analysis of open chromatin determined by DNase-seqKazuki Inoue
Division of Integrative Pathophysiology, Proteo Science Center, Graduate School of Medicine, Ehime University, Ehime, Japan Department of Biological Resources, Integrated Center for Sciences, Ehime University, Ehime, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 29:1823-32. 2014..Jun, CREB1, FOS, ATF2, and ATF4, but also novel transcription factors for osteoclastogenesis such as Zscan10, Atf1, Nrf1, and Srebf2. siRNA knockdown of these identified novel transcription factors impaired osteoclastogenesis...
- Delphinidin inhibits VEGF induced-mitochondrial biogenesis and Akt activation in endothelial cellsLucie Duluc
LUNAM, INSERM U1063, F 49100 Angers, France UFR médecine, Universite d Angers, Rue Haute de Reculee, F 49045 Angers, France Electronic address
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 53:9-14. 2014..Delphinidin increased mRNA expression of several mitochondrial biogenesis factors, including NRF1, ERRα, Tfam, Tfb2m and PolG but did not affect neither mitochondrial respiration, DNA content nor enzyme ..
- Direct interaction between the WD40 repeat protein WDR-23 and SKN-1/Nrf inhibits binding to target DNAChi K Leung
Department of Biology and Genetics Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Mol Cell Biol 34:3156-67. 2014..Two of these SKN-1 motifs are highly conserved in human Nrf1 and Nrf2 and two directly interact with target DNA...
- The C-terminal domain of Nrf1 negatively regulates the full-length CNC-bZIP factor and its shorter isoform LCR-F1/Nrf1β; both are also inhibited by the small dominant-negative Nrf1γ/δ isoforms that down-regulate ARE-battery gene expressionYiguo Zhang
The Laboratory of Cell Biochemistry and Gene Regulation, College of Medical Bioengineering and Faculty of Life Sciences, Chongqing University, Shapingba District, Chongqing, China
PLoS ONE 9:e109159. 2014The C-terminal domain (CTD, aa 686-741) of nuclear factor-erythroid 2 p45-related factor 1 (Nrf1) shares 53% amino acid sequence identity with the equivalent Neh3 domain of Nrf2, a homologous transcription factor...
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) regulatory region variation in non-human primatesMorteza Roodgar
Graduate Group of Comparative Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, United States Molecular Anthropology Laboratory, Department of Anthropology, University of California, Davis, United States California National Primate Research Center CNPRC, University of California, Davis, United States Electronic address
Infect Genet Evol 31:236-44. 2015..to iNOS regulation: AP-1, C/EBPB, CREB, GATA-1, GATA-3, NF-AT, NF-AT5, NF-κB, KLF4, Oct-1, PEA3, SMAD3, and TCF11. Additionally, we found evidence of interspecies variation in binding sites for several regulatory elements linked ..
- FSH and bFGF regulate the expression of genes involved in Sertoli cell energetic metabolismMariana Regueira
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinológicas Dr César Bergadá, CONICET FEI División de Endocrinología, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, Gallo 1330, C1425EDF Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gen Comp Endocrinol 222:124-33. 2015..LCAD, MCAD), and of genes involved in mitochondrial biogenesis such as: nuclear respiratory factors 1 and 2 (NRF1, NRF2) and transcription factor A (Tfam), was analyzed...
- The Infertility of Repeat-Breeder Cows During Summer Is Associated with Decreased Mitochondrial DNA and Increased Expression of Mitochondrial and Apoptotic Genes in OocytesRoberta Machado Ferreira
Departamento de Reprodução Animal, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia da Universidade de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Departamento de Medicina Veterinária, Faculdade de Zootecnia e Engenharia de Alimentos da Universidade de São Paulo, Pirassununga, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Reprod 94:66. 2016..used to evaluate mtDNA amounts as well as the expression levels of genes associated with the mitochondria (MT-CO1, NRF1, POLG, POLG2, PPARGC1A, and TFAM), apoptosis (BAX, BCL2, and ITM2B), and oocyte maturation (BMP15, FGF8, FGF10, ..
- Melatonin enhances mitophagy and mitochondrial biogenesis in rats with carbon tetrachloride-induced liver fibrosisJung Woo Kang
School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
J Pineal Res 60:383-93. 2016..Parkin; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1α (PGC-1α); nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1); and transcription factor A, mitochondrial (TFAM)...
- DNA methylation-mediated transcription factors regulate Piwil1 expression during chicken spermatogenesisLingling Qiu
College of Animal Science and Technology, Yangzhou University, Jiangsu 225009, China
J Reprod Dev 62:367-72. 2016..that methylation of the -148 CpG site, which is the predicted binding site for the transcription factors TCF3 and NRF1, was differentially methylated in different spermatogenic cells...
- Early Stress History Alters Serum Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 and Impairs Muscle Mitochondrial Function in Adult Male RatsS Ghosh
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
J Neuroendocrinol 28:. 2016..Furthermore, the expression of several genes involved in mitochondrial function, such as Ppargc1a, Nrf1, Tfam, Cat, Sesn3 and Ucp3, was reduced in skeletal muscle...
- TCF11/Nrf1-Mediated Induction of Proteasome Expression Prevents Cytotoxicity by RotenoneFranziska Sotzny
1 Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Institut fur Biochemie, Berlin, Germany
Antioxid Redox Signal 25:870-885. 2016..We have previously shown that the transcription factor TCF11/Nrf1 induces antioxidant response element-mediated upregulation of UPS components in response to proteotoxic ..
- Methylene blue improves sensorimotor phenotype and decreases anxiety in parallel with activating brain mitochondria biogenesis in mid-age miceArtem P Gureev
Department of Genetics, Cytology and Bioengineering, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
Neurosci Res 113:19-27. 2016..The expression of several genes relevant to mitochondria biogenesis, bioenergetics, and antioxidant defense (NRF1, MTCOX1, TFAM, and SOD2) was greatly suppressed in aged mice; it was restored by MB treatment...
- Estrogenic Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Influencing NRF1 Regulated Gene Networks in the Development of Complex Human Brain DiseasesMark Preciados
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33199, USA
Int J Mol Sci 17:. 2016..Effects on EEDs-modified estrogen and nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) signaling genes with exposure to natural estrogen, pharmacological estrogen-ethinyl estradiol, PCBs, phthalates, ..
- Identification of a Nuclear Respiratory Factor 1 Recognition Motif in the Apolipoprotein E Variant APOE4 linked to Alzheimer's DiseaseAnne Urfer-Buchwalder
Selonterra LLC, 1025 Alameda de las Pulgas, Suite 126, Belmont CA 94002, USA
Sci Rep 7:40668. 2017..search predicts that the T to C transition in rs429358 generates a binding motif for nuclear respiratory factor NRF1. This site appears to be part of a binding site cluster for this transcription factor on exon 4 of APOE...
- A rich medium-chain triacylglycerol diet benefits adiposity but has adverse effects on the markers of hepatic lipogenesis and beta-oxidationCarolina Maria de Oliveira Chamma
Laboratory of Morphometry, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, Biomedical Center, Institute of Biology, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Food Funct . 2017..HF-MCT100% group had raised markers of beta-oxidation (UCP3 and MCAD) and mitochondrial biogenesis (PGC1-alpha and NRF1)...
- Melatonin ameliorates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in type 1 diabetic rats by preserving mitochondrial function: role of AMPK-PGC-1α-SIRT3 signalingLiming Yu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, General Hospital of Shenyang Military Area Command, 83 Wenhua Road, Shenyang, Liaoning 110016, China
Sci Rep 7:41337. 2017..Importantly, melatonin also activated AMPK-PGC-1α-SIRT3 signaling and increased SOD2, NRF1 and TFAM expressions...
- Hypoxia reduces testosterone synthesis in mouse Leydig cells by inhibiting NRF1-activated StAR expressionXueting Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Institute for Nautical Medicine, Nantong University, China
Oncotarget . 2017..Hypoxic exposure caused a significant decrease of NRF1. Software analysis reported that the promoter region of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) contained ..
- Isolation of cDNA encoding the human NF-E2 proteinJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:11366-70. 1993..Comparison to the related protein, Nrf1, revealed significant homologies at isolated regions, particularly within the basic domain, suggesting that NF-E2 ..
- Nrf2 regulates thromboxane synthase gene expression in human lung cellsMasahiro Yaekashiwa
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
DNA Cell Biol 22:479-87. 2003..25% of the wild-type promoter activity. Ecotopic expression of NF-E2 related factors showed that Nrf2, but not Nrf1, Nrf3, or Bach1, activated TXAS promoter in a dose-dependent manner...
- Identification and characterization of the human Cdc2l2 gene promoterYongmei Feng
Department of Pathology, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, 1515 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Gene 330:75-84. 2004..sites were found to be present in this region, such as two Ets-1, one cAMP-responsive element (CRE) and one TCF11/LCR-F1/Nrf1 binding sites...
- Liver-specific inactivation of the Nrf1 gene in adult mouse leads to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and hepatic neoplasiaZhenrong Xu
Department of Pathology, University of California, D440 Medical Sciences, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4120-5. 2005Knockout studies have shown that the transcription factor Nrf1 is essential for embryonic development...
- A genome-wide short hairpin RNA screening of jurkat T-cells for human proteins contributing to productive HIV-1 replicationMan Lung Yeung
Molecular Virology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0460, USA
J Biol Chem 284:19463-73. 2009..Twenty-two of these mRNAs were secondarily verified for their contributions to HIV-1 replication. Five mRNAs, NRF1, STXBP2, NCOA3, PRDM2, and EXOSC5, were studied for their effect on steps of the HIV-1 life cycle...
- Impaired PGC-1alpha function in muscle in Huntington's diseaseRajnish K Chaturvedi
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10065, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:3048-65. 2009..Oxygen consumption, PGC-1alpha, NRF1 and response to GPA were significantly reduced in myoblasts from HD patients...
- Studies of the association of Arg72Pro of tumor suppressor protein p53 with type 2 diabetes in a combined analysis of 55,521 EuropeansKristoffer Sølvsten Burgdorf
Hagedorn Research Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 6:e15813. 2011A study of 222 candidate genes in type 2 diabetes reported association of variants in RAPGEF1, ENPP1, TP53, NRF1, SLC2A2, SLC2A4 and FOXC2 with type 2 diabetes in 4,805 Finnish individuals...
- Estrogen receptor mediates a distinct mitochondrial unfolded protein responseLuena Papa
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Cell Sci 124:1396-402. 2011..estrogen receptor (ER) activity, which further upregulates the transcription of the mitochondrial regulator NRF1 and the IMS protease OMI (officially known as HTRA2)...
- Maternal obesity promotes a proinflammatory signature in rat uterus and blastocystKartik Shankar
Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, 15 Children s Way, Slot 512 20B, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202, USA
Endocrinology 152:4158-70. 2011..proinflammatory genes (CCL4 and CCL5) increased and expression of antioxidant (GPx3) and mitochondrial (TFAM and NRF1) genes decreased in the obese embryos...
- Integrated protein quality-control pathways regulate free α-globin in murine β-thalassemiaEugene Khandros
Cell and Molecular Biology Graduate Group, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 119:5265-75. 2012..coordinated induction of most proteasome subunits that was mediated by the stress-response transcription factor Nrf1. In isolated thalassemic cells, short-term proteasome inhibition blocked the degradation of free α-globin...
- Deficiency in the nuclear-related factor erythroid 2 transcription factor (Nrf1) leads to genetic instabilityDiane H Oh
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California at Irvine, USA
FEBS J 279:4121-30. 2012Nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) regulates cellular stress response genes, and has also been suggested to play a role in other cellular processes...
- Dynamic mobilization of PGC-1α mediates mitochondrial biogenesis for the protection of RGC-5 cells by resveratrol during serum deprivationShida Chen
Division of Glaucoma, State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, 54S Xianlie Road, 510060 Guangzhou, China
Apoptosis 18:786-99. 2013..PGC-1α; instead, resveratrol facilitated PGC-1α translocation from the cytoplasm to the nucleus and up-regulated NRF1 and TFAM, which were blocked by nicotinamide...
- Short exposure to a diet rich in both fat and sugar or sugar alone impairs place, but not object recognition memory in ratsJessica E Beilharz
School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, Australia
Brain Behav Immun 37:134-41. 2014..hippocampal inflammation (TNF-α and IL-1β mRNA) and oxidative stress, as indicated by an upregulation of NRF1 mRNA compared to control rats...
- Proteasome-mediated processing of Nrf1 is essential for coordinate induction of all proteasome subunits and p97Zhe Sha
Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Biol 24:1573-83. 2014..In response to these inhibitors, cells enhance the expression of proteasome subunits by the transcription factor Nrf1. Here, we investigate the mechanisms by which decreased proteasome function triggers production of new proteasomes ..
- CNC-bZIP protein Nrf1-dependent regulation of glucose-stimulated insulin secretionHongzhi Zheng
1 The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Antioxid Redox Signal 22:819-31. 2015..We investigated both the in vitro and in vivo effects of deficiency of nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) in β-cells on β-cell function and glucose homeostasis.
- Effects of discontinuing a high-fat diet on mitochondrial proteins and 6-hydroxydopamine-induced dopamine depletion in ratsDelin Ma
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA Department of Endocrinology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, Hubei Province, China
Brain Res 1613:49-58. 2015..Proteins related to mitochondrial function (such as AMPK, PGC-1α), and to proteasomal function (such as TCF11/Nrf1) were influenced by diet intervention, or by 6-OHDA lesion...
- Discovery of an NRF1-specific inducer from a large-scale chemical library using a direct NRF1-protein monitoring systemTadayuki Tsujita
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
Genes Cells 20:563-77. 2015b>NRF1 (NF-E2-p45-related factor 1) plays an important role in the regulation of genes encoding proteasome subunits, a cystine transporter, and lipid-metabolizing enzymes...
- The Effect of Coumaric Acid on Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury of Sciatic Nerve in RatsMustafa Guven
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Canakkale, Turkey
Inflammation 38:2124-32. 2015..A significant decrease in MDA, an increase in NRF1 levels, and increase in SOD activity were observed in the groups which received coumaric acid and ..
- Distinct profiles of human embryonic stem cell metabolism and mitochondria identified by oxygenJarmon G Lees
School of BiosciencesUniversity of Melbourne, Parkville 3010, Victoria, AustraliaMenzies Institute of Medical ResearchUniversity of Tasmania, Hobart 7000, Tasmania, Australia
Reproduction 150:367-82. 2015..culture, MEL2 hES cells displayed reduced mtDNA content, mitochondrial mass and expression of metabolic genes TFAM, NRF1, PPARa and MT-ND4...
- [CNC proteins in physiology and pathology]Agnieszka Gęgotek
Zakład Chemii Nieorganicznej i Analitycznej, Uniwersytet Medyczny w Białymstoku
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 69:729-43. 2015CNC proteins consist of Bach1, Bach2 and 4 homologous transcription factors: Nrf1, Nrf2, Nrf3 and p45NF-E2. Transcription factors belonging to this group of proteins play a crucial role in protection of cells against oxidative stress...
- GLOBIN GENE EXPRESSION DURING DEVELOPMENTTim Townes; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigator has recently described a new erythroid-specific transcription factor, LCR-F1, that modulates globin gene expression. ..
- NRF1 IN OXIDATIVE STRESSJefferson Chan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since these same pathways are affected in cancer cells, it is hoped that these studies will also contribute to a better understanding of malignancy and provide insights into novel therapeutics. ..
- UBALDO EMILIO MARTINEZ OUTSCHOORN; Fiscal Year: 2016..with high OXPHOS metabolism via upregulation of monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1), nuclear respiration factor 1 (NRF1) and mitoNEET and stromal cells with low OXPHOS metabolism and high catabolism via upregulation of monocarboxylate ..
- Nisha Jain Garg; Fiscal Year: 2016..cells, and establish an environment conducive to fibrosis, (2) Test the hypothesis that PARP-1/PAR deregulates Nrf1/2 pathway and play a key role in chronic oxidative/inflammatory state of chagasic heart, and (3) Test the ..
- David A Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2016..to a novel SIRT1-mediated pathway that does not involve the canonical factors PGC- 1[unreadable]/[unreadable] or NRF1/2...
- Subburaman Mohan; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Claude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our Specific Aims are: Aim 1: Determine whether Nfe2l2 and NRF1 induction of lung mitochondrial biogenesis in murine S...
- REGULATION OF CYCLIN D1 EXPRESSIONRichard G Pestell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cyclin D1 inhibits mitochondrial metabolism. Cyclin D1 phosphorylates and inactivates a transcription factor NRF1 that in turn regulates mitochondrial gene expression...
- MATTHEW THOMAS HURD; Fiscal Year: 2014..g. Nrf1) and in Aim 2 will be analyzed to tes the possible role of acetylation at K158 (or K149) in regulating MYC ..
- THOMAS K BLACKWELL; Fiscal Year: 2015..elegans that the transcription factor SKN-1 (mammalian Nrf1/2/3) is also central to the UPR...
- Jefferson Y Chan; Fiscal Year: 2014..Members of the CNC subfamily of basic-leucine zipper transcription factors including Nrf1 and Nrf2 have been implicated to mediate ARE function...
- Jefferson Y Chan; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Nrf1 and Nrf2 are members of the CNC family of bZIP transcription factors that exhibit structural similarities, and both are expressed in a wide range of tissues...
- Understanding and targeting Nrf1-mediated proteasome recovery pathway in cancerSENTHIL KUMAR RADHAKRISHNAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary studies indicated that this response was mediated by the transcription factor Nrf1 (also called Nfe2l1) and that knockdown of this factor sensitized cancer cells to proteasome inhibitor treatments...
- MKK3 is a Mediator of Sepsis and Lung Injury in the ElderlyPraveen Mannam; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the process, we found that MKK3 modulates key pathways associated with aging such as Nrf1, Sirt1, mitochondrial health and mitophagy...
- C/EBP Regulation of DentinogenesisJohn Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2009..electron microscopy, and immunohistochemical localization of endogenous C/EBP and its dimerization partner Nrf1. 2) To assess cell autonomy of the odontoblast phenotype using ex vivo dental pulp cultures and heterologous pulp ..
- Investigation of the Function and Regulationof Peroxiredoxins Prdx1 and Prdx6 in SHELLEY PHELAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..lines for binding activity of candidate regulatory transcription factors (Sp1, AP1, Egr1, SRF, E2F, c-myc, p53, Nrf1 and Nrf2) and binding to putative binding sites in the Prdx1 and Prdx6 promoters...
- GAMMA GCS REGULATION--REGULATORY/CATALYTIC SUBUNIT GENESR Mulcahy; Fiscal Year: 2002..dimeric transcription factors composed of small Maf proteins and various other bZIP family members, including Nrf1, Nrf2, Fos and Jun...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE LCR-F1 GENESUSAN FARMER; Fiscal Year: 1999..research project is to characterize the structure and function of the gene for a transcription factor, locus control region factor 1 (LCR-F1)...
- Nrf1 function by conditional knockoutJefferson Chan; Fiscal Year: 2003This grant proposal is in response to PAR-98-087, and is linked to K08-DK02603, which focuses on the role of Nrf1 in oxidative stress...
- Role of P-gp in perivascular HIV-1 sanctuary and HAARTDebasis Mondal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies are expected to provide exploratory new information on existence of a perivascular endothelial barrier that may compromise the effectiveness of Pis and allow development of an HTV-1 sanctuary. ..
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC GLUTATHIONE SYNTHESISShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our ultimate goal is to utilize this information to improve the treatment and prevent complications that may result from altered hepatic GSH synthesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MAT1A NULL MOUSE: MODEL FOR ALCOHOLIC TISSUE INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF TRISTETRAPROLIN FUNCTIONThomas Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONS OF A CONSERVED GERMLINE HELICASE IN C.ELEGANSThomas Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2005..At the same time, they will elucidate post-transcriptional gene regulation mechanisms that may be of conserved importance during gametogenesis, and possibly for proliferation or survival of other stem cell types. ..
- Gene Expression in Prediabetes: Potential Role of PGC-1MARY PATTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ALTERED METHIONINE METABOLISM IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005....