Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NFE2L1
Description: nuclear factor, erythroid 2 like 1
Alias: LCR-F1, NRF1, TCF11, NF-E2-related factor 1, NFE2-related factor 1, TCF-11, locus control region-factor 1, nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 1, nuclear factor, erythroid 2-like 1, nuclear factor, erythroid derived 2, like 1, transcription factor 11 (basic leucine zipper type), transcription factor HBZ17, transcription factor LCR-F1
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- Transcription factor Nrf1 mediates the proteasome recovery pathway after proteasome inhibition in mammalian cellsSenthil K Radhakrishnan
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Mol Cell 38:17-28. 2010..Here, we report that nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-related factor 1 (Nrf1), a transcription factor of the cap "n" collar basic leucine zipper family, but not the related Nrf2, is necessary ..
- Proteasomal degradation is transcriptionally controlled by TCF11 via an ERAD-dependent feedback loopJanos Steffen
Institut für Biochemie CC2, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Oudenarder Strasse 16, 13347 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell 40:147-58. 2010..Here, we report the identification of the transcription factor TCF11 (long isoform of Nrf1) as a key regulator for 26S proteasome formation in human cells to compensate for reduced ..
- Loss of nuclear factor E2-related factor 1 in the brain leads to dysregulation of proteasome gene expression and neurodegenerationCandy S Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8408-13. 2011..Nuclear factor E2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) transcription factor has been shown to regulate expression of antioxidant and cytoprotective genes...
- Targeted disruption of the ubiquitous CNC-bZIP transcription factor, Nrf-1, results in anemia and embryonic lethality in miceJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
EMBO J 17:1779-87. 1998..To determine the function of Nrf-1, targeted disruption of the Nrf-1 gene was carried out. Homozygous Nrf-1 mutant mice are anemic due to a non-cell autonomous defect in definitive erythropoiesis and die in utero...
- The p65 isoform of Nrf1 is a dominant negative inhibitor of ARE-mediated transcriptionWeiping Wang
Department of Pathology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24670-8. 2007..Activation through the ARE involves members of the CNC-subfamily of basic leucine zipper proteins including Nrf1 and Nrf2...
- Cloning of Nrf1, an NF-E2-related transcription factor, by genetic selection in yeastJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:11371-5. 1993..activators and have used it to identify a human basic leucine-zipper transcription factor that we have designated Nrf1 for NF-E2-related factor 1...
- Nrf1 is targeted to the endoplasmic reticulum membrane by an N-terminal transmembrane domain. Inhibition of nuclear translocation and transacting functionWeiping Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19676-87. 2006..response elements involves members of the CNC (Cap 'n' Collar) family of basic leucine zipper proteins including Nrf1 and Nrf2. Nrf2 activity is regulated by Keap1-mediated compartmentalization in the cell...
- A new in vitro method for identifying chemical sensitizers combining peptide binding with ARE/EpRE-mediated gene expression in human skin cellsJames M McKim
CeeTox Inc, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008, USA
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 29:171-92. 2010..Three signaling pathways (Keap1/Nrf 2/ARE/EpRE, ARNT/AhR/XRE, and Nrf1/MTF/MRE) that are known to be activated by sensitizing agents were monitored by measuring the relative abundance of ..
- R-alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine complementarily promote mitochondrial biogenesis in murine 3T3-L1 adipocytesW Shen
Institute for Nutritional Science, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Diabetologia 51:165-74. 2008..We examined the effect of two mitochondrial nutrients, R-alpha-lipoic acid (LA) and acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC), as well as their combined effect, on mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- The bZIP transcription factor LCR-F1 is essential for mesoderm formation in mouse developmentS C Farmer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Genes Dev 11:786-98. 1997..LCR-F1 and the related bZIP transcription factors NF-E2 p45 and NRF2 must compensate for each other in globin gene regulation...
- The NHB1 (N-terminal homology box 1) sequence in transcription factor Nrf1 is required to anchor it to the endoplasmic reticulum and also to enable its asparagine-glycosylationYiguo Zhang
Biomedical Research Center, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 408:161-72. 2007b>Nrf1 (nuclear factor-erythroid 2 p45 subunit-related factor 1) is negatively controlled by its NTD (N-terminal domain) that lies between amino acids 1 and 124...
- 4-Hydroxynonenal induces rat gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase through mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated electrophile response element/nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 signalingHongqiao Zhang
Department of Environmental Health Science, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:174-81. 2006..HNE-increased nuclear content of Nrf1, Nrf2, and c-Jun in L2 cells was partially blocked by inhibition of either ERK1/2 or p38MAPK and completely blocked ..
- Identification of topological determinants in the N-terminal domain of transcription factor Nrf1 that control its orientation in the endoplasmic reticulum membraneYiguo Zhang
Biomedical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 430:497-510. 2010b>Nrf1 [NF-E2 (nuclear factor-erythroid 2)-related factor 1] is a CNC (cap'n'collar) bZIP (basic-region leucine zipper) transcription factor that is tethered to ER (endoplasmic reticulum) and nuclear envelope membranes through its N-..
- Nrf1 and Nrf2 regulate rat glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit transcription indirectly via NF-kappaB and AP-1Heping Yang
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, USC Research Center for Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine USC, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:5933-46. 2005Glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit (GCLC) is regulated transcriptionally by Nrf1 and Nrf2. tert-Butylhydroquinone (TBH) induces human GCLC via Nrf2-mediated trans activation of the antioxidant-responsive element (ARE)...
- Alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone counteracts the suppressive effect of UVB on Nrf2 and Nrf-dependent gene expression in human skinAgatha Kokot
Department of Dermatology, Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cell Biology and Immunobiology of the Skin, University of Munster, Von Esmarch Strasse 58, 48149 Munster, Germany
Endocrinology 150:3197-206. 2009..Here, we investigated the expression and regulation of Nrf1-3, transcription factors crucially involved in protection against oxidative stress in human skin cells in vitro, ex ..
- A new activating role for CO in cardiac mitochondrial biogenesisHagit B Suliman
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cell Sci 120:299-308. 2007..Mitochondrial biogenesis is activated by gene and protein expression of the nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and NRF2, of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator-1alpha, and of mitochondrial ..
- Expression of transcription factors during megakaryocytic differentiation of CD34+ cells from human cord blood induced by thrombopoietinK Terui
Department of Pediatrics, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 192:259-73. 2000..GATA-1 and GATA-2, a GATA-binding factor, EVI-1, the large subunit of NF-E2 factor, p45 and the related factors, Nrf1, Nrf2, Nrf3, BACH1, BACH2, and the small subunit of NF-E2, MAFK and MAFG has been examined in human megakaryocytic ..
- hMAF, a small human transcription factor that heterodimerizes specifically with Nrf1 and Nrf2M G Marini
Istituto di Clinica e Biologia dell Età Evolutiva, Universita di Cagliari, Cagliari 09121, Italy
J Biol Chem 272:16490-7. 1997..addition to homodimers, hMAF can also form high affinity heterodimers with two members of the NFE2/CNC-bZip family (Nrf1 and Nrf2) but not with a third family member, p45-NFE2...
- In vivo, nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors alter expression of both mitochondrial and lipid metabolism genes in the absence of depletion of mitochondrial DNAPatrick W G Mallon
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, NSW 2010, Australia
J Infect Dis 191:1686-96. 2005..The effects of this mitochondrial dysfunction on lipid metabolism, at a molecular level in vivo, have not been described...
- NOS isoform-specific regulation of basal but not exercise-induced mitochondrial biogenesis in mouse skeletal muscleG D Wadley
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3010, Australia
J Physiol 585:253-62. 2007..The basal mitochondrial biogenesis markers NRF1, NRF2alpha and mtTFA mRNA were significantly (P< 0...
- Liver-specific inactivation of the Nrf1 gene in adult mouse leads to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and hepatic neoplasiaZhenrong Xu
Department of Pathology, University of California, D440 Medical Sciences, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4120-5. 2005Knockout studies have shown that the transcription factor Nrf1 is essential for embryonic development...
- Impaired expression of glutathione synthetic enzyme genes in mice with targeted deletion of the Nrf2 basic-leucine zipper proteinJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 533 Parnassus Ave Room U442, San Francisco, CA 94143 0793, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1517:19-26. 2000..b>Nrf1 and Nrf2, two widely expressed CNC-bZIP factors, have been implicated in the regulation of genes involved in ..
- Interferon-stimulated gene ISG12b1 inhibits adipogenic differentiation and mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 cellsBing Li
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Endocrinology 150:1217-24. 2009..DNA content and gene expression of mitochondrial transcription factor A (mtTFA), nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1), and cytochrome oxidase II, suggesting an inhibitory role of ISG12b1 in mitochondrial biogenesis and function...
- Regionalized pathology correlates with augmentation of mtDNA copy numbers in a patient with myoclonic epilepsy with ragged-red fibers (MERRF-syndrome)Anja Brinckmann
Department of Neuropediatrics, Charite University Medical School, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13513. 2010..we further determined the quantity of mitochondrial proteins (COX subunits II and IV), transcription factors (NRF1 and TFAM), and VDAC1 (Porin) as a marker for the mitochondrial mass...
- Distinct Nrf1/2-independent mechanisms mediate As 3+-induced glutamate-cysteine ligase subunit gene expression in murine hepatocytesJames A Thompson
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:1614-25. 2009..of Gclc and Gclm was also differentially regulated by the MAPK signaling pathways and occurred independent of the Nrf1/2 transcription factors...
- Cloning MafF by recognition site screening with the NFE2 tandem repeat of HS2: analysis of its role in globin and GCSl genes regulationM Giuseppina Marini
Istituto di Neurogenetica e Neurofarmacologia, CNR, Cagliari 09121, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 29:145-58. 2002..MafF can form both homodimers and high affinity heterodimers with Nrf1, Nrf2 and Nf-E2, three members of the CNC-bZip family...
- Isolation of a bi-directional promoter directing expression of the mouse GABPalpha and ATP synthase coupling factor 6 genesY Chinenov
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri at Columbia, MO, Columbia 65212, USA
Gene 261:311-20. 2000..cDNA sequence including sites for GABP (-86, -104, -169, -257, and -994), YY1 (-57), Sp1 (-242 and -226), and NRF1 (-5). No 'TATA' motif was identified near either the GABPalpha or ATPsynCF6 transcription start sites...
- Thioredoxin1 upregulates mitochondrial proteins related to oxidative phosphorylation and TCA cycle in the heartTetsuro Ago
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, UMDNJ, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, 07103, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 8:1635-50. 2006..analysis showed that upregulated genes frequently contained binding sites for nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1)...
- Nrf3-deficient mice are not protected against acute lung and adipose tissue damages induced by butylated hydroxytolueneGregory Chevillard
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
FEBS Lett 584:923-8. 2010..In the lung, transcript levels of the transcription factors Nrf1, Nrf2 and Nrf3 were differentially regulated by BHT treatment...
- Orphan nuclear receptor estrogen-related receptor alpha is essential for adaptive thermogenesisJosep A Villena
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1418-23. 2007..important for mitochondrial function, parallel to other factors controlling mitochondrial gene expression, such as NRF1 and NRF2/GABPA...
- Nrf1 is critical for redox balance and survival of liver cells during developmentLinyun Chen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4673-86. 2003The Nrf1 transcription factor belongs to the CNC subfamily of basic leucine zipper proteins. Knockout of Nrf1 is lethal in mouse embryos, but nothing is known about the cell types that absolutely require its function during development...
- Nrf1 and Nrf2 play distinct roles in activation of antioxidant response element-dependent genesMakiko Ohtsuji
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Japan Science and Technology Corp, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:33554-62. 2008b>Nrf1 is a member of the vertebrate Cap'n'Collar (CNC) transcription factor family that commonly contains a unique basic-leucine zipper domain...
- Prolonged Nrf1 overexpression triggers adipocyte inflammation and insulin resistanceFlorence H van Tienen
Department of Genetics and Cell Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Cell Biochem 111:1575-85. 2010..Although Pgc1α is regarded as the main regulator of mitochondrial function, downstream Nrf1 is the key regulator of mitochondrial biogenesis...
- Deficiency of the Nrf1 and Nrf2 transcription factors results in early embryonic lethality and severe oxidative stressLaura Leung
Department of Pathology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 278:48021-9. 2003b>Nrf1 and Nrf2 are members of the CNC family of bZIP transcription factors that exhibit structural similarities, and they are co-expressed in a wide range of tissues during development...
- Targeted disruption of nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-like 1 in osteoblasts reduces bone size and bone formation in miceJonghyun Kim
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis VA Medical Center, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Physiol Genomics 40:100-10. 2010Previous in vitro studies found that nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-like 1 (NFE2L1) was involved in mediating ascorbic acid-induced osterix expression and osteoblast differentiation via binding to the antioxidant response element of ..
- MCRS2 represses the transactivation activities of Nrf1Jia Long Wu
IBMS, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, ROC
BMC Cell Biol 10:9. 2009b>Nrf1 [p45 nuclear factor-erythroid 2 (p45 NF-E2)-related factor 1], a member of the CNC-bZIP (CNC basic region leucine zipper) family, is known to be a transcriptional activator by dimerization with distinct partners, such as Maf, FosB, c-..
- Coding sequence, chromosomal localization, and expression pattern of Nrf1: the mouse homolog of Drosophila erect wingL Schaefer
Myogenesis Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Mamm Genome 11:104-10. 2000..The mouse ewg homolog, termed Nrf1, was mapped to proximal Chr 6...
- Nuclear respiratory factor 1 controls myocyte enhancer factor 2A transcription to provide a mechanism for coordinate expression of respiratory chain subunitsBindu Ramachandran
Diabetes Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 283:11935-46. 2008Nuclear respiratory factors NRF1 and NRF2 regulate the expression of nuclear genes encoding heme biosynthetic enzymes, proteins required for mitochondrial genome transcription and protein import, and numerous respiratory chain subunits...
- Role of Nrf1 in antioxidant response element-mediated gene expression and beyondMadhurima Biswas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Irvine, D440 Medical Sciences 1, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 244:16-20. 2010..Members of the Cap-N-Collar family of transcription factors, including Nrf1 and Nrf2, that bind ARE have been identified...
- Improvement of mitochondrial function in muscle of genetically obese rats after chronic supplementation with proanthocyanidinsDavid Pajuelo
Departament de Bioquímica i Biotecnologia, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 59:8491-8. 2011..administration decreased citrate synthase activity, the amount of oxidative phosphorylation complexes I and II, and Nrf1 gene expression, without any effects on the mitochondrial oxidative capacity...
- Increase of mitochondrial DNA content and transcripts in early bovine embryogenesis associated with upregulation of mtTFA and NRF1 transcription factorsPascale May-Panloup
Biologie de la Reproduction, Labo FIV, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d Angers, 4 rue Larrey, F 49033 Angers, France
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:65. 2005..However, the expression of the factors controlling mitochondrial biogenesis in early embryogenesis has received little attention so far...
- Pattern discovery of multivariate phenotypes by association rule mining and its scheme for genome-wide association studiesSung Hee Park
Department of Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, Soongsil University, Seoul 156 743, South Korea
Int J Data Min Bioinform 6:505-20. 2012..We identified 13 SNPs for four genes (CSMD1, NFE2L1, CBX1, and SKAP1) associated with a new multivariate phenotype defined as low levels of low density lipoprotein ..
- Transcriptional co-expression and co-regulation of genes coding for components of the oxidative phosphorylation systemCorina Van Waveren
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
BMC Genomics 9:18. 2008....
- Co-regulation of nuclear respiratory factor-1 by NFkappaB and CREB links LPS-induced inflammation to mitochondrial biogenesisHagir B Suliman
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cell Sci 123:2565-75. 2010The nuclear respiratory factor-1 (NRF1) gene is activated by lipopolysaccharide (LPS), which might reflect TLR4-mediated mitigation of cellular inflammatory damage via initiation of mitochondrial biogenesis...
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) promotes mitochondrial biogenesis in Hep G2 cells by activating Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator 1α (PGC-1α)Zhixin Shen
Clinical Hospital of Weifang Medical University, Weifang, China
Cell Stress Chaperones 19:541-8. 2014..a master regulator of mitochondrial biogenesis, as well as its downstream targets: nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM)...
- Mitochondrial biogenesis contributes to ischemic neuroprotection afforded by LPS pre-conditioningR Anne Stetler
State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology and Institute of Brain Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Neurochem 123:125-37. 2012..of critical components of the mitochondrial transcriptional machinery, including nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM), as well as mtDNA copy number, mitochondrial protein levels, and ..
- Positive effect of curcumin on inflammation and mitochondrial dysfunction in obese mice with liver steatosisJong Jen Kuo
Institute of Traditional Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Int J Mol Med 30:673-9. 2012..biogenesis genes decreased in the obese mice, including mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (Tfam), which are responsible for the lower mitochondrial respiratory ..
- PPARgamma stimulation promotes mitochondrial biogenesis and prevents glucose deprivation-induced neuronal cell lossGianluca Miglio
Department of Anatomy, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine, University of Turin, Italy
Neurochem Int 55:496-504. 2009..biogenesis of functional mitochondria, as indicated by the up-regulation of PPARgamma coactivator (PGC)-1alpha, NRF1, TFAM, cytochrome c oxidase subunit (CO) I and CO IV, and the increased level of mtDNA, while did not significantly ..
- Differential expression of Fmr-1 mRNA and FMRP in female mice brain during agingKanchan Singh
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Laboratory, CAS in Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 221005, India
Mol Biol Rep 35:677-84. 2008..increases during aging having significantly highest intensity in old age mouse whereas the intensity of alpha-Pal/Nrf1- GC-Box complex gradually decreases as a function of age...
- The casein kinase 2-nrf1 axis controls the clearance of ubiquitinated proteins by regulating proteasome gene expressionYoshiki Tsuchiya
Laboratory for Genetic Code, Graduate School of Life and Medical Sciences, Doshisha University, Kyotanabe, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 33:3461-72. 2013..Here we show that the protein kinase casein kinase 2 (CK2) regulates the transcriptional activity of Nrf1 to control the expression of the proteasome genes and thus the clearance of ubiquitinated proteins...
- Inhibition of APE1/Ref-1 redox activity rescues human retinal pigment epithelial cells from oxidative stress and reduces choroidal neovascularizationY Li
Department of Ophthalmology, Henry Ford Health System, 1 Ford Place 5D, Detroit, MI, United States Department of Ophthalmology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shanxi, People s Republic of China
Redox Biol 2:485-94. 2014..responsive transcription factors that were significantly upregulated by oxLDL was restored by E3330, including Nrf2/Nrf1, p53, NF-κB, HIF1, CBF/NF-Y/YY1, and MTF-1...
- Astragalus polysaccharide suppresses palmitate-induced apoptosis in human cardiac myocytes: the role of Nrf1 and antioxidant responseJi Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital of Tongji University Shanghai 200072, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:2515-24. 2015..However, the mechanism by which APS mediate this effect is unclear. In the present study, the effects of APS, which suppressed ROS-mediated apoptosis through Nrf1 accumulation in human cardiac myocytes (HCMs), was investigated.
- Rosiglitazone promotes neurite outgrowth and mitochondrial function in N2A cells via PPARgamma pathwayMing Chang Chiang
Department of Life Science, Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City 242, Taiwan Electronic address
Mitochondrion 14:7-17. 2014..1α (PGC1α), as well as the mRNA level its downstream genes, including nuclear respiratory factors 1 and 2 (NRF1 and NRF2) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (Tfam) were induced by Rosi treatments...
- PGC-related gene variants and elite endurance athletic status in a Chinese cohort: a functional studyZ H He
Biology Centre, China Institute of Sport Science, Beijing, China
Scand J Med Sci Sports 25:184-95. 2015..Genotype distributions of 133 SNPs in PPARGC1A, PPARGC1B, PPRC1, TFAM, TFB1M, TFB2M, NRF1, GABPA, GABPB1, ERRα, and SIRT1 genes were compared between 235 elite Chinese (Han) endurance runners (127 women) ..
- Comprehensive bioinformation analysis of the mRNA profile of fascin knockdown in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaBing Li Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shantou University Medical College, Guangzhou, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:7221-7. 2013..Previously we conducted a microarray experiment to analyze fascin knockdown by RNAi in ESCC...
- Comparison of mitochondrial-related transcriptional levels of TFAM, NRF1 and MT-CO1 genes in single human oocytes at various stages of the oocyte maturationMarefat Ghaffari Novin
Dept of Biology and Anatomical Sciences, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Velenjak, Tehran, Iran
Iran Biomed J 19:23-8. 2015..aim of the current study was to assess the mRNA levels of two mitochondria-related genes, including nuclear-encoded NRF1 (nuclear respiratory factor 1), mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM), and mitochondrial-encoded cytochrome c ..
- Icariin induces synoviolin expression through NFE2L1 to protect neurons from ER stress-induced apoptosisFei Li
Department of Pharmacology and the Key Laboratory of Basic Pharmacology of Guizhou Province, Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi, China Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 303 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0119955. 2015..The nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 1 (NFE2L1) is responsible for Icariin-mediated Synoviolin gene expression...
- mTORC1 signaling activates NRF1 to increase cellular proteasome levelsYinan Zhang
a Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health Boston, MA, USA
Cell Cycle 14:2011-7. 2015..element binding protein 1 (SREBP1) and nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-related factor 1 (NRF1; also known as NFE2L1) transcription factors leading to an increase in cellular proteasome content...
- Transcription factor Nrf1 is topologically repartitioned across membranes to enable target gene transactivation through its acidic glucose-responsive domainsYiguo Zhang
The NSFC funded Laboratory of Cell Biochemistry and Gene Regulation, College of Medical Bioengineering and Faculty of Life Sciences, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China Division of Cancer Research, Medical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e93458. 2014The membrane-bound Nrf1 transcription factor regulates critical homeostatic and developmental genes...
- Genetic loci that regulate ectopic calcification in response to knee trauma in LG/J by SM/J advanced intercross miceMuhammad Farooq Rai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Musculoskeletal Research Center, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, 425 S Euclid Avenue MS 8233, St Louis, Missouri, 63110
J Orthop Res 33:1412-23. 2015..relevant to angiogenesis (Myo1e, Kif26b, Nprl3, Stab2, Fam105b), bone metabolism/calcification (Tle3, Tgfb2, Lipc, Nfe2l1, Ank, Fam105b), arthritis (Stab2, Tbx21, Map4k4, Hoxb9, Larp6, Col1a2, Adam10, Timp3, Nfe2l1, Trpm3), and ..
- Expression of the Avirulence gene Avr9 of the fungal tomato pathogen Cladosporium fulvum is regulated by the global nitrogen response factor NRF1A Perez-Garcia
Laboratory of Phytopathology, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 14:316-25. 2001Here we describe the role of the Cladosporium fulvum nitrogen response factor 1 (Nrf1) gene in regulation of the expression of avirulence gene Avr9 and virulence on tomato...
- Metastasis suppressor KISS1 seems to reverse the Warburg effect by enhancing mitochondrial biogenesisWen Liu
Authors Affiliations Department of Cancer Biology The University of Kansas Cancer Center, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas and Department of Pathology, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Cancer Res 74:954-63. 2014..and β-oxidation) are differentially regulated by KISS1, apparently reliant upon direct KISS1 interaction with NRF1, a major transcription factor involved in mitochondrial biogenesis...
- Cloning and mapping of murine Nfe2l1J McKie
Molecular Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Genomics 25:716-9. 1995The murine homologue of the human NFE2L1 basic leucine-zipper gene was isolated from an early embryo library. The deduced amino acid sequence shows 97% identity between the two proteins...
- Redox regulation by Pitx2 and Pitx3 is critical for fetal myogenesisAurore L'honoré
Department of Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, CNRS URA 2578, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France Electronic address
Dev Cell 29:392-405. 2014..This is a consequence of downregulation of Nrf1 and genes for antioxidant enzymes, direct targets of Pitx2/3, leading to decreased expression of antioxidant ..
- Kidney-Specific Reduction of Oxidative Phosphorylation Genes Derived from Spontaneously Hypertensive RatJason A Collett
Department of Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, The United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0136441. 2015..Kidney cortex but not liver mRNA expression of the nuclear transcription factors Tfam, NRF1, NRF2 and Pgc1α were also decreased in HT BN/SHR-mtSHR...
- Transcription factor Nrf1 negatively regulates the cystine/glutamate transporter and lipid-metabolizing enzymesTadayuki Tsujita
Division of Cancer Research, Medical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom Department of Medical Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 34:3800-16. 2014Liver-specific Nrf1 (NF-E2-p45-related factor 1) knockout mice develop nonalcoholic steatohepatitis...
- Dietary restriction involves NAD⁺ -dependent mechanisms and a shift toward oxidative metabolismNatalie Moroz
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Division of Biological Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA Section on Islet Cell and Regenerative Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Aging Cell 13:1075-85. 2014..stress responses and mTOR signaling, and have been implicated in DR by some other regimens [DAF-16 (FOXO), SKN-1 (Nrf1/2/3), PHA-4 (FOXA), AAK-2 (AMPK)]. Complete DR lifespan extension required the sirtuin SIR-2...
- Regulation and function of the NFE2 transcription factor in hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cellsJadwiga J Gasiorek
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, 3755 chemin de la Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, QC, H3T 1E2, Canada
Cell Mol Life Sci 72:2323-35. 2015..In contrast to other CNC transcription family members including NFE2L1 (NRF1), NFE2L2 (NRF2) and NFE2L3 (NRF3), which are widely expressed, earlier studies had suggested that the major ..
- Transcription factor Nrf1 is negatively regulated by its O-GlcNAcylation statusJiayu Chen
Laboratory of Cell Biochemistry and Gene Regulation, College of Medical Bioengineering and Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Chongqing, No 174 Shazheng Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing 400044, China Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi 563000, China State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
FEBS Lett 589:2347-58. 2015..The putative O-GlcNAcylation negatively regulates Nrf1/TCF11 to reduce both its protein stability and transactivation activity of target gene expression...
- Extensive temporal transcriptome and microRNA analyses identify molecular mechanisms underlying mitochondrial dysfunction induced by multi-walled carbon nanotubes in human lung cellsPenny Nymark
Department of Toxicogenomics, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nanotoxicology 9:624-35. 2015..was found to be regulated by two transcription factors strongly involved in mitochondrial homeostasis, APP and NRF1. In addition, four miRNAs were correlated with MMP↓ and one of them, miR-1275, was found to negatively correlate ..
- Abnormal mitochondrial function and impaired granulosa cell differentiation in androgen receptor knockout miceRuey Sheng Wang
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 110, Taiwan
Int J Mol Sci 16:9831-49. 2015..receptor γ (PPARγ) co-activator 1-β (PGC1-β) and its sequential downstream genes, nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM), in controlling mitochondrial biogenesis...
- Oncogene PKCε controls INrf2-Nrf2 interaction in normal and cancer cells through phosphorylation of INrf2Suryakant K Niture
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 655 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Cell Sci 126:5657-69. 2013..In conclusion, phosphorylation of INrf2 by PKCε leads to regulation of Nrf2, with significant implications for the survival of cancer cells, which often express lower levels of PKCε...
- Identification of transcription regulatory relationships in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisGuofeng Li
Department of Traumatology, East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Number 150 Jimo Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200120, China
Clin Rheumatol 32:609-15. 2013..After regulatory network construction and regulatory impact factor analysis, we found that EGR1, NFE2L1, and NFYA were crucial TFs in the regulatory network of RA and NFYA, CBFB, CREB1, YY1 and PATZ1 were crucial TFs ..
- Induction of Herpud1 expression by ER stress is regulated by Nrf1Daniel V Ho
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California, Irvine, D440 Medical Sciences, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
FEBS Lett 589:615-20. 2015..The Nrf1 transcription factor is important in cellular stress pathways...
- Nebivolol stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytesChenglin Huang
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Department of Hypertension, Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200025, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 438:211-7. 2013..PGC-1α), Sirtuin 3 (Sirt3), mitochondrial transcription factor A (Tfam) and nuclear related factor 1 (Nrf1)...
- The role of Nrf1 and Nrf2 in the regulation of copper-responsive transcriptionMin Ok Song
Department of Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Gangneung Wonju National University, Gangwon do 210 702, Republic of Korea Electronic address
Exp Cell Res 322:39-50. 2014Recent evidences indicated Nrf2 is more potent than Nrf1 in the activation of antioxidant genes. However, the roles of Nrf proteins in the regulation of copper-responsive transcription have not been well addressed...
- Negative regulation of inducible nitric-oxide synthase expression mediated through transforming growth factor-beta-dependent modulation of transcription factor TCF11David T Berg
Division of Biotechnology Discovery Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285 0444, USA
J Biol Chem 282:36837-44. 2007..We have identified a binding site in the iNOS promoter that interacts with the nuclear heterodimer TCF11/MafG using chromatin immunoprecipitation and mutation analyses...
- Expression profiling following local muscle inactivity in humans provides new perspective on diabetes-related genesJames A Timmons
Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Genomics 87:165-72. 2006..We studied PPARGC1A (PGC-1alpha), PPARGC1B (PGC-1beta), NRF1, and a variety of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and nuclear-encoded mitochondrial genes critical for oxidative ..
- Sequence analysis of 5'-flanking region of human pax-5 gene exon 1BMao Lin Liu
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang 330008, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 10:100-3. 2002..LMO(2)COM, 5 NFAT, 2 LPOLYA-B, 3 GATA1, 2 AP4, 10 MZF1, 1 ETS1-B, 1 GATA3, 1 NKX25, 2 RORA1, 1 LYF1, 2 Ikaros2, 2 TCF11, 1 GATA-C and 1 FREAC7...
- The Nfe2l1 gene maps to distal mouse chromosome 11J McKie
Molecular Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Mamm Genome 7:89. 1996
- Analysis of mutations and identification of several polymorphisms in the putative promoter region of the P34CDC2-related CDC2L1 gene located at 1P36 in melanoma cell lines and melanoma familiesYongmei Feng
Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Int J Cancer 99:834-8. 2002..The 4 variants were located within or beside the conserved binding sites of transcription factors TCF11, MZF1 and TAAC box, indicating their potential effects on the regulation of CDC2L1 expression...
- NF-Y, AP2, Nrf1 and Sp1 regulate the fragile X-related gene 2 (FXR2)Lata Mahishi
Gene Structure and Disease Section, NIDDK National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0830, USA
Biochem J 400:327-35. 2006..versions of these factors showed that NF-YA (nuclear transcription factor Yalpha), AP2 (activator protein 2), Nrf1 (nuclear respiratory factor/alpha-Pal) and Sp1 (specificity protein 1) all bind to the FXR2 promoter both in vitro ..
- Estradiol and tamoxifen regulate NRF-1 and mitochondrial function in mouse mammary gland and uterusMargarita M Ivanova
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA Department of Biology and Biochemistry, Center for Nuclear Receptors and Cell Signaling, University of Houston, 3605 Cullen Blvd, Houston, Texas 77204, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 51:233-46. 2013..E2 increased NRF-1 protein in the uterus and MG; however, in MG, 4-OHT increased Nrf1 mRNA but not protein...
- Low-dose radiation activates Nrf1/2 through reactive species and the Ca(2+)/ERK1/2 signaling pathway in human skin fibroblast cellsEun Kyeong Lee
Research Center, Dongnam Institute of Radiological and Medical Science, Busan 619 953
BMB Rep 46:258-63. 2013..05 and 0.5 Gy X-ray irradiated normal human skin fibroblast HS27 cells. The results showed LDR induced Nrf1 and Nrf2 activation and expression of antioxidant genes HO-1, Mn-SOD, and NQO1. In particular, 0...
- Characterization of Nrf1b, a novel isoform of the nuclear factor-erythroid-2 related transcription factor-1 that activates antioxidant response element-regulated genesEric K Kwong
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e48404. 2012Nuclear factor E2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) is a basic leucine zipper transcription factor that plays an important role in the activation of cytoprotective genes through the antioxidant response elements...
- Protective effects of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists on human podocytes: proposed mechanisms of actionGianluca Miglio
Dipartimento di Scienza e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Turin, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 167:641-53. 2012..We have investigated whether gemfibrozil, GW0742 and pioglitazone protect human podocytes against nutrient deprivation (ND)-induced cell death and the role of mitochondrial biogenesis as a cytoprotective process...
- A proteasome inhibitor-stimulated Nrf1 protein-dependent compensatory increase in proteasome subunit gene expression reduces polycomb group protein levelSivaprakasam Balasubramanian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 287:36179-89. 2012..The increase in proteasome subunit level is associated with increased Nrf1 and Nrf2 level...
- Nrf1 is time-dependently expressed and distributed in the distinct cell types after trauma to skeletal muscles in ratsShu Tao Zhang
Department of Forensic Pathology, China Medical University School of Forensic Medicine Shenyang, Liaoning, PR China
Histol Histopathol 28:725-35. 2013..the dynamic expression and distribution of the nuclear factor erythroid-derived factor 2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) by immunohistochemistry, Western blotting, and real-time PCR during wound healing of contused skeletal muscle in ..
- Training-induced alterations of skeletal muscle mitochondrial biogenesis proteins in non-insulin-dependent type 2 diabetic menNana Chung
Department of Molecular and Cellular Sport Medicine, German Sport University Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 90:1634-41. 2012..peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1α (PGC1α), nuclear respiratory factor-1 (NRF1), and mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM)) in patients suffering from non-insulin-dependent type 2 diabetes ..
- p62 links β-adrenergic input to mitochondrial function and thermogenesisTimo D Müller
Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen and Department of Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Clin Invest 123:469-78. 2013..p38 targets, affecting signaling molecules that control mitochondrial function, such as ATF2, CREB, PGC1α, DIO2, NRF1, CYTC, COX2, ATP5β, and UCP1...
- Maternal high-fat intake during pregnancy programs metabolic-syndrome-related phenotypes through liver mitochondrial DNA copy number and transcriptional activity of liver PPARGC1AAdriana Laura Burgueño
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biology of Complex Diseases, Institute of Medical Research A Lanari IDIM, University of Buenos Aires National Council of Scientific and Technological Research CONICET, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires 1427, Argentina
J Nutr Biochem 24:6-13. 2013....
- Characteristics of bovine oocytes with different meiotic competence in terms of their mitochondrial status and expression of nuclear-encoded factorsM Machatkova
Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic
Reprod Domest Anim 47:806-14. 2012..ATP) content and expression of mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM) and nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) were assessed before (GV) and after (MII) maturation...
- Roles of transcriptional corepressor RIP140 and coactivator PGC-1α in energy state of chronically infarcted rat hearts and mitochondrial function of cardiomyocytesYanfang Chen
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 362:11-8. 2012..ERRα), peroxisome proliferate activated receptor α and β (PPARα, PPARβ), nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and their target genes were repressed by RIP140 and induced by PGC-1α in a dose dependent manner in neonatal rat ..
- Mitochondrial gene therapy improves respiration, biogenesis, and transcription in G11778A Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy and T8993G Leigh's syndrome cellsShilpa Iyer
Center for the Study of Biological Complexity, Life Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284 3020, USA
Hum Gene Ther 23:647-57. 2012..Increased NRF1, TFAMB1, and TFAMA expression alluded to the activation of mitochondrial biogenesis as a mechanism for improving ..
- The cytochrome c gene proximal enhancer drives activity-dependent reporter gene expression in hippocampal neuronsJary Y Delgado
The Neurosciences Institute, 10640 John Jay Hopkins Drive, San Diego CA, USA
Front Mol Neurosci 5:31. 2012..contains binding sites for both cAMP response element binding proteins (CREB) and Nuclear Respiratory Factor 1 (NRF1)...
- Investigation into developmental potential and nuclear/mitochondrial function in early wood and plains bison hybrid embryosR P Seaby
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Reprod Domest Anim 47:644-54. 2012..Among the treatment groups, ATP levels and expression profiles of NRF1, TFAM, MT-CYB, BAX and BCL2 were not significantly different in both 8- to 16-cell stage and blastocyst stage ..
- Nrf2b, novel zebrafish paralog of oxidant-responsive transcription factor NF-E2-related factor 2 (NRF2)Alicia R Timme-Laragy
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
J Biol Chem 287:4609-27. 2012..zebrafish (Danio rerio), an important developmental model species, possesses six nrf genes, including duplicated nrf1 and nrf2 genes. We cloned a novel zebrafish nrf2 paralog, nrf2b...
- NF-E2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) serves as a novel regulator of hepatic lipid metabolism through regulation of the Lipin1 and PGC-1β genesYosuke Hirotsu
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 32:2760-70. 2012..NF-E2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) is a member of the cap'n'collar (CNC) transcription factor family...
- Cross-regulations among NRFs and KEAP1 and effects of their silencing on arsenic-induced antioxidant response and cytotoxicity in human keratinocytesRui Zhao
School of Forensic Medicine, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Environ Health Perspect 120:583-9. 2012Nuclear factor E2-related factors (NRFs), including NRF2 and NRF1, play critical roles in mediating the cellular adaptive response to oxidative stress...
- The effects of aging, physical training, and a single bout of exercise on mitochondrial protein expression in human skeletal muscleZoltan Bori
Research Institute of Sport Science, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Exp Gerontol 47:417-24. 2012..05). Aging increased and a single exercise bout decreased the expression of nuclear respiratory factor-1 (NRF1), while the transcription factor A (TFAM) expression showed a strong relationship with VO(2max) and increased ..
- Apolipoprotein E genotype affects tissue metallothionein levels: studies in targeted gene replacement miceAnne Christin Graeser
Institute of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Hermann Rodewald Strasse 6, 24118, Kiel, Germany
Genes Nutr 7:247-55. 2012..The decrease in hepatic MT protein levels in APOE4 as compared to APOE3 mice was accompanied by lower nuclear Nrf1, a protein partly controlling MT gene expression...
- GLOBIN GENE EXPRESSION DURING DEVELOPMENTTim Townes; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigator has recently described a new erythroid-specific transcription factor, LCR-F1, that modulates globin gene expression. ..
- NRF1 IN OXIDATIVE STRESSJefferson Chan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since these same pathways are affected in cancer cells, it is hoped that these studies will also contribute to a better understanding of malignancy and provide insights into novel therapeutics. ..
- Metabolic mechanisms of antiestrogen resistance in breast cancerUBALDO EMILIO MARTINEZ OUTSCHOORN; Fiscal Year: 2013..with high OXPHOS metabolism via upregulation of monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1), nuclear respiration factor 1 (NRF1) and mitoNEET and stromal cells with low OXPHOS metabolism and high catabolism via upregulation of monocarboxylate ..
- Pathogenesis of Oxidative Stress in Chagas DiseaseNisha Jain Garg; Fiscal Year: 2013..cells, and establish an environment conducive to fibrosis, (2) Test the hypothesis that PARP-1/PAR deregulates Nrf1/2 pathway and play a key role in chronic oxidative/inflammatory state of chagasic heart, and (3) Test the ..
- Nrf1 Molecular Pathway, Vitamin C Deficiency, and Spontaneous FracturesSubburaman Mohan; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- SIRT1 as a regulator of health and lifespan of mammalsDavid A Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2013..to a novel SIRT1-mediated pathway that does not involve the canonical factors PGC- 1[unreadable]/[unreadable] or NRF1/2...
- Redox Regulation of Lung Mitochondrial Biogenesis in Sepsis/PneumoniaClaude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our Specific Aims are: Aim 1: Determine whether Nfe2l2 and NRF1 induction of lung mitochondrial biogenesis in murine S...
- REGULATION OF CYCLIN D1 EXPRESSIONRichard G Pestell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cyclin D1 inhibits mitochondrial metabolism. Cyclin D1 phosphorylates and inactivates a transcription factor NRF1 that in turn regulates mitochondrial gene expression...
- Functional Definition of MYC AcetylationMATTHEW THOMAS HURD; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. Nrf1) and in Aim 2 will be analyzed to tes the possible role of acetylation at K158 (or K149) in regulating MYC ..
- Regulation of C. elegans SKN-1/Nrf activity by the unfolded protein responseTHOMAS KEITH BLACKWELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..elegans that the transcription factor SKN-1 (mammalian Nrf1/2/3) is also central to the UPR...
- Regulation of Stress Response in NeuronsJefferson Y Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Members of the CNC subfamily of basic-leucine zipper transcription factors including Nrf1 and Nrf2 have been implicated to mediate ARE function...
- Molecular and Metabolic Pathology of CNC-bZIP KnockoutsJefferson Y Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Nrf1 and Nrf2 are members of the CNC family of bZIP transcription factors that exhibit structural similarities, and both are expressed in a wide range of tissues...
- Understanding and targeting Nrf1-mediated proteasome recovery pathway in cancerSENTHIL KUMAR RADHAKRISHNAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary studies indicated that this response was mediated by the transcription factor Nrf1 (also called Nfe2l1) and that knockdown of this factor sensitized cancer cells to proteasome inhibitor treatments...
- MKK3 is a Mediator of Sepsis and Lung Injury in the ElderlyPraveen Mannam; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the process, we found that MKK3 modulates key pathways associated with aging such as Nrf1, Sirt1, mitochondrial health and mitophagy...
- C/EBP Regulation of DentinogenesisJohn Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2009..electron microscopy, and immunohistochemical localization of endogenous C/EBP and its dimerization partner Nrf1. 2) To assess cell autonomy of the odontoblast phenotype using ex vivo dental pulp cultures and heterologous pulp ..
- Investigation of the Function and Regulationof Peroxiredoxins Prdx1 and Prdx6 in SHELLEY PHELAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..lines for binding activity of candidate regulatory transcription factors (Sp1, AP1, Egr1, SRF, E2F, c-myc, p53, Nrf1 and Nrf2) and binding to putative binding sites in the Prdx1 and Prdx6 promoters...
- GAMMA GCS REGULATION--REGULATORY/CATALYTIC SUBUNIT GENESR Mulcahy; Fiscal Year: 2002..dimeric transcription factors composed of small Maf proteins and various other bZIP family members, including Nrf1, Nrf2, Fos and Jun...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE LCR-F1 GENESUSAN FARMER; Fiscal Year: 1999..research project is to characterize the structure and function of the gene for a transcription factor, locus control region factor 1 (LCR-F1)...
- Nrf1 function by conditional knockoutJefferson Chan; Fiscal Year: 2003This grant proposal is in response to PAR-98-087, and is linked to K08-DK02603, which focuses on the role of Nrf1 in oxidative stress...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF TRISTETRAPROLIN FUNCTIONThomas Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MAT1A NULL MOUSE: MODEL FOR ALCOHOLIC TISSUE INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC GLUTATHIONE SYNTHESISShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our ultimate goal is to utilize this information to improve the treatment and prevent complications that may result from altered hepatic GSH synthesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONS OF A CONSERVED GERMLINE HELICASE IN C.ELEGANSThomas Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2005..At the same time, they will elucidate post-transcriptional gene regulation mechanisms that may be of conserved importance during gametogenesis, and possibly for proliferation or survival of other stem cell types. ..
- ALTERED METHIONINE METABOLISM IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Gene Expression in Prediabetes: Potential Role of PGC-1MARY PATTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..