Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NFE2L1
Description: nuclear factor, erythroid 2 like 1
Alias: LCR-F1, NRF1, TCF11, NF-E2-related factor 1, NFE2-related factor 1, TCF-11, locus control region-factor 1, nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 1, nuclear factor, erythroid 2-like 1, nuclear factor, erythroid derived 2, like 1, transcription factor 11 (basic leucine zipper type), transcription factor HBZ17, transcription factor LCR-F1
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Transcription factor Nrf1 mediates the proteasome recovery pathway after proteasome inhibition in mammalian cellsSenthil K Radhakrishnan
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Mol Cell 38:17-28. 2010..Here, we report that nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-related factor 1 (Nrf1), a transcription factor of the cap "n" collar basic leucine zipper family, but not the related Nrf2, is necessary ..
- Proteasomal degradation is transcriptionally controlled by TCF11 via an ERAD-dependent feedback loopJanos Steffen
Institut für Biochemie CC2, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Oudenarder Strasse 16, 13347 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell 40:147-58. 2010..Here, we report the identification of the transcription factor TCF11 (long isoform of Nrf1) as a key regulator for 26S proteasome formation in human cells to compensate for reduced ..
- Loss of nuclear factor E2-related factor 1 in the brain leads to dysregulation of proteasome gene expression and neurodegenerationCandy S Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8408-13. 2011..Nuclear factor E2-related factor 1 (Nrf1) transcription factor has been shown to regulate expression of antioxidant and cytoprotective genes...
- Cloning of Nrf1, an NF-E2-related transcription factor, by genetic selection in yeastJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:11371-5. 1993..activators and have used it to identify a human basic leucine-zipper transcription factor that we have designated Nrf1 for NF-E2-related factor 1...
- Targeted disruption of the ubiquitous CNC-bZIP transcription factor, Nrf-1, results in anemia and embryonic lethality in miceJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
EMBO J 17:1779-87. 1998..To determine the function of Nrf-1, targeted disruption of the Nrf-1 gene was carried out. Homozygous Nrf-1 mutant mice are anemic due to a non-cell autonomous defect in definitive erythropoiesis and die in utero...
- The p65 isoform of Nrf1 is a dominant negative inhibitor of ARE-mediated transcriptionWeiping Wang
Department of Pathology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24670-8. 2007..Activation through the ARE involves members of the CNC-subfamily of basic leucine zipper proteins including Nrf1 and Nrf2...
- Nrf1 is targeted to the endoplasmic reticulum membrane by an N-terminal transmembrane domain. Inhibition of nuclear translocation and transacting functionWeiping Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19676-87. 2006..response elements involves members of the CNC (Cap 'n' Collar) family of basic leucine zipper proteins including Nrf1 and Nrf2. Nrf2 activity is regulated by Keap1-mediated compartmentalization in the cell...
- A new in vitro method for identifying chemical sensitizers combining peptide binding with ARE/EpRE-mediated gene expression in human skin cellsJames M McKim
CeeTox Inc, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008, USA
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 29:171-92. 2010..Three signaling pathways (Keap1/Nrf 2/ARE/EpRE, ARNT/AhR/XRE, and Nrf1/MTF/MRE) that are known to be activated by sensitizing agents were monitored by measuring the relative abundance of ..
- R-alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine complementarily promote mitochondrial biogenesis in murine 3T3-L1 adipocytesW Shen
Institute for Nutritional Science, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Diabetologia 51:165-74. 2008..We examined the effect of two mitochondrial nutrients, R-alpha-lipoic acid (LA) and acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC), as well as their combined effect, on mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- The bZIP transcription factor LCR-F1 is essential for mesoderm formation in mouse developmentS C Farmer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Genes Dev 11:786-98. 1997..LCR-F1 and the related bZIP transcription factors NF-E2 p45 and NRF2 must compensate for each other in globin gene regulation...
- The NHB1 (N-terminal homology box 1) sequence in transcription factor Nrf1 is required to anchor it to the endoplasmic reticulum and also to enable its asparagine-glycosylationYiguo Zhang
Biomedical Research Center, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 408:161-72. 2007b>Nrf1 (nuclear factor-erythroid 2 p45 subunit-related factor 1) is negatively controlled by its NTD (N-terminal domain) that lies between amino acids 1 and 124...
- 4-Hydroxynonenal induces rat gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase through mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated electrophile response element/nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 signalingHongqiao Zhang
Department of Environmental Health Science, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:174-81. 2006..HNE-increased nuclear content of Nrf1, Nrf2, and c-Jun in L2 cells was partially blocked by inhibition of either ERK1/2 or p38MAPK and completely blocked ..
- Nrf1 and Nrf2 regulate rat glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit transcription indirectly via NF-kappaB and AP-1Heping Yang
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, USC Research Center for Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine USC, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:5933-46. 2005Glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit (GCLC) is regulated transcriptionally by Nrf1 and Nrf2. tert-Butylhydroquinone (TBH) induces human GCLC via Nrf2-mediated trans activation of the antioxidant-responsive element (ARE)...
- A new activating role for CO in cardiac mitochondrial biogenesisHagit B Suliman
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cell Sci 120:299-308. 2007..Mitochondrial biogenesis is activated by gene and protein expression of the nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and NRF2, of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator-1alpha, and of mitochondrial ..
- Expression of transcription factors during megakaryocytic differentiation of CD34+ cells from human cord blood induced by thrombopoietinK Terui
Department of Pediatrics, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 192:259-73. 2000..GATA-1 and GATA-2, a GATA-binding factor, EVI-1, the large subunit of NF-E2 factor, p45 and the related factors, Nrf1, Nrf2, Nrf3, BACH1, BACH2, and the small subunit of NF-E2, MAFK and MAFG has been examined in human megakaryocytic ..
- In vivo, nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors alter expression of both mitochondrial and lipid metabolism genes in the absence of depletion of mitochondrial DNAPatrick W G Mallon
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, NSW 2010, Australia
J Infect Dis 191:1686-96. 2005..The effects of this mitochondrial dysfunction on lipid metabolism, at a molecular level in vivo, have not been described...
- hMAF, a small human transcription factor that heterodimerizes specifically with Nrf1 and Nrf2M G Marini
Istituto di Clinica e Biologia dell Età Evolutiva, Universita di Cagliari, Cagliari 09121, Italy
J Biol Chem 272:16490-7. 1997..addition to homodimers, hMAF can also form high affinity heterodimers with two members of the NFE2/CNC-bZip family (Nrf1 and Nrf2) but not with a third family member, p45-NFE2...
- Liver-specific inactivation of the Nrf1 gene in adult mouse leads to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and hepatic neoplasiaZhenrong Xu
Department of Pathology, University of California, D440 Medical Sciences, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4120-5. 2005Knockout studies have shown that the transcription factor Nrf1 is essential for embryonic development...
- Interferon-stimulated gene ISG12b1 inhibits adipogenic differentiation and mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 cellsBing Li
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Endocrinology 150:1217-24. 2009..DNA content and gene expression of mitochondrial transcription factor A (mtTFA), nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1), and cytochrome oxidase II, suggesting an inhibitory role of ISG12b1 in mitochondrial biogenesis and function...
- NOS isoform-specific regulation of basal but not exercise-induced mitochondrial biogenesis in mouse skeletal muscleG D Wadley
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3010, Australia
J Physiol 585:253-62. 2007..The basal mitochondrial biogenesis markers NRF1, NRF2alpha and mtTFA mRNA were significantly (P< 0...
- Distinct Nrf1/2-independent mechanisms mediate As 3+-induced glutamate-cysteine ligase subunit gene expression in murine hepatocytesJames A Thompson
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:1614-25. 2009..of Gclc and Gclm was also differentially regulated by the MAPK signaling pathways and occurred independent of the Nrf1/2 transcription factors...
- Regionalized pathology correlates with augmentation of mtDNA copy numbers in a patient with myoclonic epilepsy with ragged-red fibers (MERRF-syndrome)Anja Brinckmann
Department of Neuropediatrics, Charite University Medical School, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13513. 2010..we further determined the quantity of mitochondrial proteins (COX subunits II and IV), transcription factors (NRF1 and TFAM), and VDAC1 (Porin) as a marker for the mitochondrial mass...
- Thioredoxin1 upregulates mitochondrial proteins related to oxidative phosphorylation and TCA cycle in the heartTetsuro Ago
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, UMDNJ, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, 07103, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 8:1635-50. 2006..analysis showed that upregulated genes frequently contained binding sites for nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1)...
- Isolation of a bi-directional promoter directing expression of the mouse GABPalpha and ATP synthase coupling factor 6 genesY Chinenov
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri at Columbia, MO, Columbia 65212, USA
Gene 261:311-20. 2000..cDNA sequence including sites for GABP (-86, -104, -169, -257, and -994), YY1 (-57), Sp1 (-242 and -226), and NRF1 (-5). No 'TATA' motif was identified near either the GABPalpha or ATPsynCF6 transcription start sites...
- Orphan nuclear receptor estrogen-related receptor alpha is essential for adaptive thermogenesisJosep A Villena
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1418-23. 2007..important for mitochondrial function, parallel to other factors controlling mitochondrial gene expression, such as NRF1 and NRF2/GABPA...
- Nrf3-deficient mice are not protected against acute lung and adipose tissue damages induced by butylated hydroxytolueneGregory Chevillard
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
FEBS Lett 584:923-8. 2010..In the lung, transcript levels of the transcription factors Nrf1, Nrf2 and Nrf3 were differentially regulated by BHT treatment...
- Deficiency of the Nrf1 and Nrf2 transcription factors results in early embryonic lethality and severe oxidative stressLaura Leung
Department of Pathology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 278:48021-9. 2003b>Nrf1 and Nrf2 are members of the CNC family of bZIP transcription factors that exhibit structural similarities, and they are co-expressed in a wide range of tissues during development...
- Prolonged Nrf1 overexpression triggers adipocyte inflammation and insulin resistanceFlorence H van Tienen
Department of Genetics and Cell Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Cell Biochem 111:1575-85. 2010..Although Pgc1α is regarded as the main regulator of mitochondrial function, downstream Nrf1 is the key regulator of mitochondrial biogenesis...
- Nrf1 is critical for redox balance and survival of liver cells during developmentLinyun Chen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4673-86. 2003The Nrf1 transcription factor belongs to the CNC subfamily of basic leucine zipper proteins. Knockout of Nrf1 is lethal in mouse embryos, but nothing is known about the cell types that absolutely require its function during development...
- MCRS2 represses the transactivation activities of Nrf1Jia Long Wu
IBMS, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, ROC
BMC Cell Biol 10:9. 2009b>Nrf1 [p45 nuclear factor-erythroid 2 (p45 NF-E2)-related factor 1], a member of the CNC-bZIP (CNC basic region leucine zipper) family, is known to be a transcriptional activator by dimerization with distinct partners, such as Maf, FosB, c-..
- Targeted disruption of nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-like 1 in osteoblasts reduces bone size and bone formation in miceJonghyun Kim
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis VA Medical Center, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Physiol Genomics 40:100-10. 2010Previous in vitro studies found that nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-like 1 (NFE2L1) was involved in mediating ascorbic acid-induced osterix expression and osteoblast differentiation via binding to the antioxidant response element of ..
- Nuclear respiratory factor 1 controls myocyte enhancer factor 2A transcription to provide a mechanism for coordinate expression of respiratory chain subunitsBindu Ramachandran
Diabetes Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 283:11935-46. 2008Nuclear respiratory factors NRF1 and NRF2 regulate the expression of nuclear genes encoding heme biosynthetic enzymes, proteins required for mitochondrial genome transcription and protein import, and numerous respiratory chain subunits...
- Activation of glutathione peroxidase via Nrf1 mediates genistein's protection against oxidative endothelial cell injuryEva Hernandez-Montes
Molecular Nutrition Group, School of Chemistry, Food Biosciences and Pharmacy, University of Reading, Reading RG6 6AP, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 346:851-9. 2006..However, only genistein led to increases in the cytosolic accumulation and nuclear translocation of Nrf1 and the increased expression of and activity of glutathione peroxidase...
- Evolution of ATP synthase subunit c and cytochrome c gene families in selected Metazoan classesAnna De Grassi
Istituto di Tecnologie Biomediche, Sezione di Bari, CNR, Bari, Italy
Gene 371:224-33. 2006..the in silico analysis that P1, the most evolutionary divergent isoform, is poorly expressed and not regulated by NRF1. In contrast, Cytc family presents at least two duplicated genes in all the analysed Vertebrates, is subject to a ..
- Nrf1 to the rescueJin Ye
Jin Ye is in the Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, United States
elife 3:e02062. 2014When the level of proteasomal activity in a cell drops off, a transcription factor called Nrf1 travels to the nucleus to activate the genes that code for proteasomes.
- TCF11 at the crossroads of oxidative stress and the ubiquitin proteasome systemAnnett Koch
Institut fur Biochemie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cell Cycle 10:1200-7. 2011..proteasome system, thereby focussing on Nrf2 as well as on the recently identified transcription factor (TF) TCF11. In response to proteasome inhibition TCF11 plays a central role in upregulating the proteasome system via an ERAD-..
- Nrf1 and Nrf2 transcription factors regulate androgen receptor transactivation in prostate cancer cellsMichelle A Schultz
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e87204. 2014..Herein, we investigated the roles of Nrf1 and Nrf2, transcription factors that regulate antioxidant gene expression, on hormone-mediated AR transactivation ..
- α-Lipoic acid treatment increases mitochondrial biogenesis and promotes beige adipose features in subcutaneous adipocytes from overweight/obese subjectsMarta Fernández-Galilea
Department of Nutrition, Food Science and Physiology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1851:273-81. 2015..of SIRT1 protein levels, a decrease in PGC-1α acetylation and up-regulation of Nuclear respiratory factor 1 (Nrf1) and Mitochondrial transcription factor (Tfam) transcription factors...
- Reduced mammalian target of rapamycin activity facilitates mitochondrial retrograde signaling and increases life span in normal human fibroblastsChad Lerner
Department of Pathology, Drexel University College of Medicine, 245 N 15th Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19102, USA
Aging Cell 12:966-77. 2013..also known as nuclear factor related factor 2 or NRF2), increased expression of the nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1), and increased expression of nuclear-encoded mitochondrial genes, such as the mitochondrial transcription factor A,..
- Inhibition of the Nrf2 transcription factor by the alkaloid trigonelline renders pancreatic cancer cells more susceptible to apoptosis through decreased proteasomal gene expression and proteasome activityA Arlt
Department of Internal Medicine I, Laboratory of Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, UKSH, Kiel, Germany
Oncogene 32:4825-35. 2013..expression and proteasome activity were already decreased, whereas siRNA against the related transcription factor Nrf1 did not affect proteasome activity and the inhibitory effect of trig...
- Copper chelator ATN-224 inhibits endothelial function by multiple mechanismsSarah A Lowndes
Cancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Microvasc Res 77:314-26. 2009..Treatment of HUVEC with ATN-224 caused increased superoxide levels, phospho-ERK signalling, nuclear NRF1 expression, HO-1 expression and induction of the anti-apoptotic proteins P21, BCL2 and BCLXL...
- Alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone counteracts the suppressive effect of UVB on Nrf2 and Nrf-dependent gene expression in human skinAgatha Kokot
Department of Dermatology, Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cell Biology and Immunobiology of the Skin, University of Munster, Von Esmarch Strasse 58, 48149 Munster, Germany
Endocrinology 150:3197-206. 2009..Here, we investigated the expression and regulation of Nrf1-3, transcription factors crucially involved in protection against oxidative stress in human skin cells in vitro, ex ..
- Expression profiling of Aldh1l1-precursors in the developing spinal cord reveals glial lineage-specific genes and direct Sox9-Nfe2l1 interactionsAnna V Molofsky
Department of Pediatrics, Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Glia 61:1518-32. 2013..5-18.5. Using these data we identify the bZIP transcription factor Nfe2l1 and demonstrate that it promotes glial fate under direct Sox9 regulatory control...
- Bisphenol A activates the Nrf1/2-antioxidant response element pathway in HEK 293 cellsNikolai L Chepelev
Department of Biology, and Institute of Biochemistry, Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Chem Res Toxicol 26:498-506. 2013..and phase II metabolizing enzymes protect cells from oxidative stress and are transcriptionally activated by Nrf1 and Nrf2 factors through their cis-regulatory antioxidant response elements (AREs)...
- Reduced Dynamin-related Protein 1 Protects Against Phosphorylated Tau-induced Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Synaptic Damage in Alzheimer's DiseaseRamesh Kandimalla
1 Garrison Institute on Aging, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4 Street, MS 9424, Lubbock, TX 79430, United States
Hum Mol Genet . 2016..dynamics - Drp1 and Fis1 (fission), Mfn1, Mfn2 and Opa1 (fusion), CypD (matrix), mitochondrial biogenesis - Nrf1, Nrf2, PGC1α and TFAM and synaptic - synaptophysin, PSD95, synapsin 1, synaptobrevin 1, neurogranin, GAP43 and ..
- Nrf1 and Nrf2 play distinct roles in activation of antioxidant response element-dependent genesMakiko Ohtsuji
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Japan Science and Technology Corp, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:33554-62. 2008b>Nrf1 is a member of the vertebrate Cap'n'Collar (CNC) transcription factor family that commonly contains a unique basic-leucine zipper domain...
- An in vitro method for detecting chemical sensitization using human reconstructed skin models and its applicability to cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and medical device safety testingJames M McKim
CeeTox, Inc, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, USA
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 31:292-305. 2012..1 to 2500 µM for 24 h. The expression of eight Nrf2/ARE, one AhR/XRE and two Nrf1/MRE controlled gene were measured by qRT-PCR...
- Identification of topological determinants in the N-terminal domain of transcription factor Nrf1 that control its orientation in the endoplasmic reticulum membraneYiguo Zhang
Biomedical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 430:497-510. 2010b>Nrf1 [NF-E2 (nuclear factor-erythroid 2)-related factor 1] is a CNC (cap'n'collar) bZIP (basic-region leucine zipper) transcription factor that is tethered to ER (endoplasmic reticulum) and nuclear envelope membranes through its N-..
- Selenite stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis signaling and enhances mitochondrial functional performance in murine hippocampal neuronal cellsNatalia Mendelev
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomanufacturing Research Institute and Technology Enterprise, North Carolina Central University, Durham, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e47910. 2012..of selenium to the HT22 cells elevated the levels of nuclear mitochondrial biogenesis regulators PGC-1α and NRF1, as well as mitochondrial proteins cytochrome c and cytochrome c oxidase IV (COX IV)...
- PGC-1α regulation of mitochondrial degeneration in experimental diabetic neuropathyJoungil Choi
VA Maryland Health Care System, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA Department of Neurology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurobiol Dis 64:118-30. 2014..PGC-1α and its-regulated transcription factors including TFAM and NRF1, which are master regulators of mitochondrial biogenesis, are significantly downregulated in streptozotocin ..
- Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of SPAST, the gene most frequently mutated in hereditary spastic paraplegiaBrian J Henson
Birth Defects Laboratories, Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36505. 2012..By a variety of molecular methods, we demonstrate that SPAST transcription is positively regulated by NRF1 and SOX11...
- Defect of mitochondrial respiratory chain is a mechanism of ROS overproduction in a rat model of alcoholic liver disease: role of zinc deficiencyQian Sun
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, North Carolina Research Campus, Kannapolis, North Carolina and Center for Translational Biomedical Research, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, North Carolina Research Campus, Kannapolis, North Carolina
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 310:G205-14. 2016..peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1-alpha (PGC1α), nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1), mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM), and mitochondrial DNA...
- Transcriptional regulation of dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) in odontoblasts and osteoblastsAlexander Jacob
Brodie Tooth Development Genetics and Regenerative Medicine Research Laboratory, Department of Oral Biology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Connect Tissue Res 55:107-12. 2014..24 kb upstream sequence of rat DMP1 promoter by Matinspector software revealed that TCF11 had the highest number (six) of binding sites with 100% matrix similarity...
- Coordinated regulation of protein synthesis and degradation by mTORC1Yinan Zhang
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 513:440-3. 2014..on induction of the transcription factor nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-related factor 1 (NRF1; also known as NFE2L1)...
- [84-OR]: Differential DNA methylation in placental and maternal angiogenic genes is not altered in preeclampsiaCindy M Anderson
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Pregnancy Hypertens 5:45-6. 2015..Stress sensitive transcription factors nuclear factor-erythroid 2-like 1 (Nrf1) and nuclear factor-erythroid 2-like 2 (Nrf2) are involved in regulation of angiogenic, inflammatory and oxidative ..
- Coding sequence, chromosomal localization, and expression pattern of Nrf1: the mouse homolog of Drosophila erect wingL Schaefer
Myogenesis Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Mamm Genome 11:104-10. 2000..The mouse ewg homolog, termed Nrf1, was mapped to proximal Chr 6...
- Impaired expression of glutathione synthetic enzyme genes in mice with targeted deletion of the Nrf2 basic-leucine zipper proteinJ Y Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 533 Parnassus Ave Room U442, San Francisco, CA 94143 0793, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1517:19-26. 2000..b>Nrf1 and Nrf2, two widely expressed CNC-bZIP factors, have been implicated in the regulation of genes involved in ..
- Doxycycline down-regulates DNA-PK and radiosensitizes tumor initiating cells: Implications for more effective radiation therapyRebecca Lamb
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit, Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Oncotarget 6:14005-25. 2015..a luciferase-based assay, we observed that doxycycline treatment quantitatively reduces the anti-oxidant response (NRF1/2) and effectively blocks signaling along multiple independent pathways normally associated with stem cells, ..
- Nrf2 and Nrf2-related proteins in development and developmental toxicity: Insights from studies in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Mark E Hahn
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, United States of America Electronic address
Free Radic Biol Med 88:275-89. 2015..Vertebrate animals including zebrafish share Nfe2, Nrf1, Nrf2, and Nrf3 as well as a core set of genes that respond to oxidative stress, contributing to the value of ..
- Chronic oxidative stress causes estrogen-independent aggressive phenotype, and epigenetic inactivation of estrogen receptor alpha in MCF-7 breast cancer cellsPrathap Kumar S Mahalingaiah
Department of Environmental Toxicology, The Institute of Environmental and Human Health TIEHH, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 153:41-56. 2015..Increases in mtTFA and NRF1 in these cells further suggested the role of mitochondria-dependent redox-sensitive growth signaling as an ..
- The selective post-translational processing of transcription factor Nrf1 yields distinct isoforms that dictate its ability to differentially regulate gene expressionYiguo Zhang
1 The NSFC funded Laboratory of Cell Biochemistry and Gene Regulation, College of Medical Bioengineering and Faculty of Life Sciences, Chongqing University, No 174 Shazheng Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing 400044, China 2 Jacqui Wood Cancer Centre, James Arrott Drive, Division of Cancer Research, Medical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Sci Rep 5:12983. 2015Upon translation, the N-terminal homology box 1 (NHB1) signal anchor sequence of Nrf1 integrates it within the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) whilst its transactivation domains [TADs, including acidic domain 1 (AD1), the flanking Asn/Ser/Thr-..
- Oxysterols induce mitochondrial impairment and hepatocellular toxicity in non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseFrancesco Bellanti
University of Foggia C U R E University Centre for Liver Diseases Research and Treatment, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 75:S16-7. 2014..and this was associated with impaired mitochondrial respiration as well as down-regulation of PGC1-alpha, mTFA and NRF1.In conclusion, our data show that hepatic free fatty acid or oxysterols accumulation per se induce low ..
- Coordinated reduction of genes of oxidative metabolism in humans with insulin resistance and diabetes: Potential role of PGC1 and NRF1Mary Elizabeth Patti
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8466-71. 2003..Decreased PGC1 expression may be responsible for decreased expression of NRF-dependent genes, leading to the metabolic disturbances characteristic of insulin resistance and DM...
- Tetramethylpyrazine ameliorates high glucose-induced endothelial dysfunction by increasing mitochondrial biogenesisQiong Xu
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 9:e88243. 2014..TMP is able to reverse high glucose-induced suppression of SIRT1 and the biogenesis-related factors, including PGC-1α, NRF1 and TFAM, suggesting a new molecular mechanism underlying the protective effect of TMP on the endothelium.
- Cloning MafF by recognition site screening with the NFE2 tandem repeat of HS2: analysis of its role in globin and GCSl genes regulationM Giuseppina Marini
Istituto di Neurogenetica e Neurofarmacologia, CNR, Cagliari 09121, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 29:145-58. 2002..MafF can form both homodimers and high affinity heterodimers with Nrf1, Nrf2 and Nf-E2, three members of the CNC-bZip family...
- Imprinting analysis of 10 genes and/or transcripts in a 1.5-Mb MEST-flanking region at human chromosome 7q32Takahiro Yamada
Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Division of Pathophysiological Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Genomics 83:402-12. 2004..The results indicated that 8 genes/transcripts (NRF1, UBE2H, HSPC216, KIAA0265, FLJ14803, CPA2, CPA1, and DKFZp667F0312) were expressed biallelically...
- LSD1 promotes oxidative metabolism of white adipose tissueDelphine Duteil
Urologische Klinik und Zentrale Klinische Forschung, Klinikum der Universität Freiburg, Breisacherstrasse 66, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Nat Commun 5:4093. 2014..of genes involved in oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) in cooperation with nuclear respiratory factor 1 (Nrf1)...
- Expression of the Avirulence gene Avr9 of the fungal tomato pathogen Cladosporium fulvum is regulated by the global nitrogen response factor NRF1A Perez-Garcia
Laboratory of Phytopathology, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 14:316-25. 2001Here we describe the role of the Cladosporium fulvum nitrogen response factor 1 (Nrf1) gene in regulation of the expression of avirulence gene Avr9 and virulence on tomato...
- Comprehensive bioinformation analysis of the mRNA profile of fascin knockdown in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaBing Li Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shantou University Medical College, Guangzhou, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:7221-7. 2013..Previously we conducted a microarray experiment to analyze fascin knockdown by RNAi in ESCC...
- Icariin induces synoviolin expression through NFE2L1 to protect neurons from ER stress-induced apoptosisFei Li
Department of Pharmacology and the Key Laboratory of Basic Pharmacology of Guizhou Province, Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi, China Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 303 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0119955. 2015..The nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 1 (NFE2L1) is responsible for Icariin-mediated Synoviolin gene expression...
- PPARgamma stimulation promotes mitochondrial biogenesis and prevents glucose deprivation-induced neuronal cell lossGianluca Miglio
Department of Anatomy, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine, University of Turin, Italy
Neurochem Int 55:496-504. 2009..biogenesis of functional mitochondria, as indicated by the up-regulation of PPARgamma coactivator (PGC)-1alpha, NRF1, TFAM, cytochrome c oxidase subunit (CO) I and CO IV, and the increased level of mtDNA, while did not significantly ..
- The casein kinase 2-nrf1 axis controls the clearance of ubiquitinated proteins by regulating proteasome gene expressionYoshiki Tsuchiya
Laboratory for Genetic Code, Graduate School of Life and Medical Sciences, Doshisha University, Kyotanabe, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 33:3461-72. 2013..Here we show that the protein kinase casein kinase 2 (CK2) regulates the transcriptional activity of Nrf1 to control the expression of the proteasome genes and thus the clearance of ubiquitinated proteins...
- Transcription factor Nrf1 is topologically repartitioned across membranes to enable target gene transactivation through its acidic glucose-responsive domainsYiguo Zhang
The NSFC funded Laboratory of Cell Biochemistry and Gene Regulation, College of Medical Bioengineering and Faculty of Life Sciences, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China Division of Cancer Research, Medical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e93458. 2014The membrane-bound Nrf1 transcription factor regulates critical homeostatic and developmental genes...
- Genetic loci that regulate ectopic calcification in response to knee trauma in LG/J by SM/J advanced intercross miceMuhammad Farooq Rai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Musculoskeletal Research Center, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, 425 S Euclid Avenue MS 8233, St Louis, Missouri, 63110
J Orthop Res 33:1412-23. 2015..relevant to angiogenesis (Myo1e, Kif26b, Nprl3, Stab2, Fam105b), bone metabolism/calcification (Tle3, Tgfb2, Lipc, Nfe2l1, Ank, Fam105b), arthritis (Stab2, Tbx21, Map4k4, Hoxb9, Larp6, Col1a2, Adam10, Timp3, Nfe2l1, Trpm3), and ..
- mTORC1 signaling activates NRF1 to increase cellular proteasome levelsYinan Zhang
a Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health Boston, MA, USA
Cell Cycle 14:2011-7. 2015..element binding protein 1 (SREBP1) and nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-related factor 1 (NRF1; also known as NFE2L1) transcription factors leading to an increase in cellular proteasome content...
- Positive effect of curcumin on inflammation and mitochondrial dysfunction in obese mice with liver steatosisJong Jen Kuo
Institute of Traditional Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Int J Mol Med 30:673-9. 2012..biogenesis genes decreased in the obese mice, including mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (Tfam), which are responsible for the lower mitochondrial respiratory ..
- Inhibition of APE1/Ref-1 redox activity rescues human retinal pigment epithelial cells from oxidative stress and reduces choroidal neovascularizationY Li
Department of Ophthalmology, Henry Ford Health System, 1 Ford Place 5D, Detroit, MI, United States Department of Ophthalmology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shanxi, People s Republic of China
Redox Biol 2:485-94. 2014..responsive transcription factors that were significantly upregulated by oxLDL was restored by E3330, including Nrf2/Nrf1, p53, NF-κB, HIF1, CBF/NF-Y/YY1, and MTF-1...
- Mitochondrial biogenesis contributes to ischemic neuroprotection afforded by LPS pre-conditioningR Anne Stetler
State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology and Institute of Brain Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Neurochem 123:125-37. 2012..of critical components of the mitochondrial transcriptional machinery, including nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM), as well as mtDNA copy number, mitochondrial protein levels, and ..
- Co-regulation of nuclear respiratory factor-1 by NFkappaB and CREB links LPS-induced inflammation to mitochondrial biogenesisHagir B Suliman
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cell Sci 123:2565-75. 2010The nuclear respiratory factor-1 (NRF1) gene is activated by lipopolysaccharide (LPS), which might reflect TLR4-mediated mitigation of cellular inflammatory damage via initiation of mitochondrial biogenesis...
- Increase of mitochondrial DNA content and transcripts in early bovine embryogenesis associated with upregulation of mtTFA and NRF1 transcription factorsPascale May-Panloup
Biologie de la Reproduction, Labo FIV, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d Angers, 4 rue Larrey, F 49033 Angers, France
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:65. 2005..However, the expression of the factors controlling mitochondrial biogenesis in early embryogenesis has received little attention so far...
- Pattern discovery of multivariate phenotypes by association rule mining and its scheme for genome-wide association studiesSung Hee Park
Department of Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, Soongsil University, Seoul 156 743, South Korea
Int J Data Min Bioinform 6:505-20. 2012..We identified 13 SNPs for four genes (CSMD1, NFE2L1, CBX1, and SKAP1) associated with a new multivariate phenotype defined as low levels of low density lipoprotein ..
- Differential expression of Fmr-1 mRNA and FMRP in female mice brain during agingKanchan Singh
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Laboratory, CAS in Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 221005, India
Mol Biol Rep 35:677-84. 2008..increases during aging having significantly highest intensity in old age mouse whereas the intensity of alpha-Pal/Nrf1- GC-Box complex gradually decreases as a function of age...
- Rosiglitazone promotes neurite outgrowth and mitochondrial function in N2A cells via PPARgamma pathwayMing Chang Chiang
Department of Life Science, Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City 242, Taiwan Electronic address
Mitochondrion 14:7-17. 2014..1α (PGC1α), as well as the mRNA level its downstream genes, including nuclear respiratory factors 1 and 2 (NRF1 and NRF2) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (Tfam) were induced by Rosi treatments...
- PGC-related gene variants and elite endurance athletic status in a Chinese cohort: a functional studyZ H He
Biology Centre, China Institute of Sport Science, Beijing, China
Scand J Med Sci Sports 25:184-95. 2015..Genotype distributions of 133 SNPs in PPARGC1A, PPARGC1B, PPRC1, TFAM, TFB1M, TFB2M, NRF1, GABPA, GABPB1, ERRα, and SIRT1 genes were compared between 235 elite Chinese (Han) endurance runners (127 women) ..
- Astragalus polysaccharide suppresses palmitate-induced apoptosis in human cardiac myocytes: the role of Nrf1 and antioxidant responseJi Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital of Tongji University Shanghai 200072, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:2515-24. 2015..However, the mechanism by which APS mediate this effect is unclear. In the present study, the effects of APS, which suppressed ROS-mediated apoptosis through Nrf1 accumulation in human cardiac myocytes (HCMs), was investigated.
- Comparison of mitochondrial-related transcriptional levels of TFAM, NRF1 and MT-CO1 genes in single human oocytes at various stages of the oocyte maturationMarefat Ghaffari Novin
Dept of Biology and Anatomical Sciences, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Velenjak, Tehran, Iran
Iran Biomed J 19:23-8. 2015..aim of the current study was to assess the mRNA levels of two mitochondria-related genes, including nuclear-encoded NRF1 (nuclear respiratory factor 1), mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM), and mitochondrial-encoded cytochrome c ..
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) promotes mitochondrial biogenesis in Hep G2 cells by activating Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator 1α (PGC-1α)Zhixin Shen
Clinical Hospital of Weifang Medical University, Weifang, China
Cell Stress Chaperones 19:541-8. 2014..a master regulator of mitochondrial biogenesis, as well as its downstream targets: nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM)...
- Transcriptional co-expression and co-regulation of genes coding for components of the oxidative phosphorylation systemCorina Van Waveren
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
BMC Genomics 9:18. 2008....
- Improvement of mitochondrial function in muscle of genetically obese rats after chronic supplementation with proanthocyanidinsDavid Pajuelo
Departament de Bioquímica i Biotecnologia, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 59:8491-8. 2011..administration decreased citrate synthase activity, the amount of oxidative phosphorylation complexes I and II, and Nrf1 gene expression, without any effects on the mitochondrial oxidative capacity...
- Metastasis suppressor KISS1 seems to reverse the Warburg effect by enhancing mitochondrial biogenesisWen Liu
Authors Affiliations Department of Cancer Biology The University of Kansas Cancer Center, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas and Department of Pathology, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Cancer Res 74:954-63. 2014..and β-oxidation) are differentially regulated by KISS1, apparently reliant upon direct KISS1 interaction with NRF1, a major transcription factor involved in mitochondrial biogenesis...
- Role of Nrf1 in antioxidant response element-mediated gene expression and beyondMadhurima Biswas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Irvine, D440 Medical Sciences 1, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 244:16-20. 2010..Members of the Cap-N-Collar family of transcription factors, including Nrf1 and Nrf2, that bind ARE have been identified...
- Transcription factor Nrf1 negatively regulates the cystine/glutamate transporter and lipid-metabolizing enzymesTadayuki Tsujita
Division of Cancer Research, Medical Research Institute, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom Department of Medical Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 34:3800-16. 2014Liver-specific Nrf1 (NF-E2-p45-related factor 1) knockout mice develop nonalcoholic steatohepatitis...
- Extensive temporal transcriptome and microRNA analyses identify molecular mechanisms underlying mitochondrial dysfunction induced by multi-walled carbon nanotubes in human lung cellsPenny Nymark
Department of Toxicogenomics, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nanotoxicology 9:624-35. 2015..was found to be regulated by two transcription factors strongly involved in mitochondrial homeostasis, APP and NRF1. In addition, four miRNAs were correlated with MMP↓ and one of them, miR-1275, was found to negatively correlate ..
- Redox regulation by Pitx2 and Pitx3 is critical for fetal myogenesisAurore L'honoré
Department of Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, CNRS URA 2578, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France Electronic address
Dev Cell 29:392-405. 2014..This is a consequence of downregulation of Nrf1 and genes for antioxidant enzymes, direct targets of Pitx2/3, leading to decreased expression of antioxidant ..
- Dietary restriction involves NAD⁺ -dependent mechanisms and a shift toward oxidative metabolismNatalie Moroz
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Division of Biological Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA Section on Islet Cell and Regenerative Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Aging Cell 13:1075-85. 2014..stress responses and mTOR signaling, and have been implicated in DR by some other regimens [DAF-16 (FOXO), SKN-1 (Nrf1/2/3), PHA-4 (FOXA), AAK-2 (AMPK)]. Complete DR lifespan extension required the sirtuin SIR-2...
- Kidney-Specific Reduction of Oxidative Phosphorylation Genes Derived from Spontaneously Hypertensive RatJason A Collett
Department of Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, The United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0136441. 2015..Kidney cortex but not liver mRNA expression of the nuclear transcription factors Tfam, NRF1, NRF2 and Pgc1α were also decreased in HT BN/SHR-mtSHR...
- Nebivolol stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytesChenglin Huang
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Department of Hypertension, Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200025, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 438:211-7. 2013..PGC-1α), Sirtuin 3 (Sirt3), mitochondrial transcription factor A (Tfam) and nuclear related factor 1 (Nrf1)...
- Identification of transcription regulatory relationships in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisGuofeng Li
Department of Traumatology, East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Number 150 Jimo Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200120, China
Clin Rheumatol 32:609-15. 2013..After regulatory network construction and regulatory impact factor analysis, we found that EGR1, NFE2L1, and NFYA were crucial TFs in the regulatory network of RA and NFYA, CBFB, CREB1, YY1 and PATZ1 were crucial TFs ..
- Regulation and function of the NFE2 transcription factor in hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cellsJadwiga J Gasiorek
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, 3755 chemin de la Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, QC, H3T 1E2, Canada
Cell Mol Life Sci 72:2323-35. 2015..In contrast to other CNC transcription family members including NFE2L1 (NRF1), NFE2L2 (NRF2) and NFE2L3 (NRF3), which are widely expressed, earlier studies had suggested that the major ..
- Oncogene PKCε controls INrf2-Nrf2 interaction in normal and cancer cells through phosphorylation of INrf2Suryakant K Niture
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 655 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Cell Sci 126:5657-69. 2013..In conclusion, phosphorylation of INrf2 by PKCε leads to regulation of Nrf2, with significant implications for the survival of cancer cells, which often express lower levels of PKCε...
- Cloning and mapping of murine Nfe2l1J McKie
Molecular Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Genomics 25:716-9. 1995The murine homologue of the human NFE2L1 basic leucine-zipper gene was isolated from an early embryo library. The deduced amino acid sequence shows 97% identity between the two proteins...
- GLOBIN GENE EXPRESSION DURING DEVELOPMENTTim Townes; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigator has recently described a new erythroid-specific transcription factor, LCR-F1, that modulates globin gene expression. ..
- NRF1 IN OXIDATIVE STRESSJefferson Chan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since these same pathways are affected in cancer cells, it is hoped that these studies will also contribute to a better understanding of malignancy and provide insights into novel therapeutics. ..
- Metabolic mechanisms of antiestrogen resistance in breast cancerUBALDO EMILIO MARTINEZ OUTSCHOORN; Fiscal Year: 2013..with high OXPHOS metabolism via upregulation of monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1), nuclear respiration factor 1 (NRF1) and mitoNEET and stromal cells with low OXPHOS metabolism and high catabolism via upregulation of monocarboxylate ..
- Pathogenesis of Oxidative Stress in Chagas DiseaseNisha Jain Garg; Fiscal Year: 2013..cells, and establish an environment conducive to fibrosis, (2) Test the hypothesis that PARP-1/PAR deregulates Nrf1/2 pathway and play a key role in chronic oxidative/inflammatory state of chagasic heart, and (3) Test the ..
- Nrf1 Molecular Pathway, Vitamin C Deficiency, and Spontaneous FracturesSubburaman Mohan; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- SIRT1 as a regulator of health and lifespan of mammalsDavid A Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2013..to a novel SIRT1-mediated pathway that does not involve the canonical factors PGC- 1[unreadable]/[unreadable] or NRF1/2...
- Redox Regulation of Lung Mitochondrial Biogenesis in Sepsis/PneumoniaClaude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our Specific Aims are: Aim 1: Determine whether Nfe2l2 and NRF1 induction of lung mitochondrial biogenesis in murine S...
- REGULATION OF CYCLIN D1 EXPRESSIONRichard G Pestell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cyclin D1 inhibits mitochondrial metabolism. Cyclin D1 phosphorylates and inactivates a transcription factor NRF1 that in turn regulates mitochondrial gene expression...
- Functional Definition of MYC AcetylationMATTHEW THOMAS HURD; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. Nrf1) and in Aim 2 will be analyzed to tes the possible role of acetylation at K158 (or K149) in regulating MYC ..
- Regulation of C. elegans SKN-1/Nrf activity by the unfolded protein responseTHOMAS KEITH BLACKWELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..elegans that the transcription factor SKN-1 (mammalian Nrf1/2/3) is also central to the UPR...
- Regulation of Stress Response in NeuronsJefferson Y Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Members of the CNC subfamily of basic-leucine zipper transcription factors including Nrf1 and Nrf2 have been implicated to mediate ARE function...
- Molecular and Metabolic Pathology of CNC-bZIP KnockoutsJefferson Y Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Nrf1 and Nrf2 are members of the CNC family of bZIP transcription factors that exhibit structural similarities, and both are expressed in a wide range of tissues...
- Understanding and targeting Nrf1-mediated proteasome recovery pathway in cancerSENTHIL KUMAR RADHAKRISHNAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary studies indicated that this response was mediated by the transcription factor Nrf1 (also called Nfe2l1) and that knockdown of this factor sensitized cancer cells to proteasome inhibitor treatments...
- MKK3 is a Mediator of Sepsis and Lung Injury in the ElderlyPraveen Mannam; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the process, we found that MKK3 modulates key pathways associated with aging such as Nrf1, Sirt1, mitochondrial health and mitophagy...
- C/EBP Regulation of DentinogenesisJohn Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2009..electron microscopy, and immunohistochemical localization of endogenous C/EBP and its dimerization partner Nrf1. 2) To assess cell autonomy of the odontoblast phenotype using ex vivo dental pulp cultures and heterologous pulp ..
- Investigation of the Function and Regulationof Peroxiredoxins Prdx1 and Prdx6 in SHELLEY PHELAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..lines for binding activity of candidate regulatory transcription factors (Sp1, AP1, Egr1, SRF, E2F, c-myc, p53, Nrf1 and Nrf2) and binding to putative binding sites in the Prdx1 and Prdx6 promoters...
- GAMMA GCS REGULATION--REGULATORY/CATALYTIC SUBUNIT GENESR Mulcahy; Fiscal Year: 2002..dimeric transcription factors composed of small Maf proteins and various other bZIP family members, including Nrf1, Nrf2, Fos and Jun...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE LCR-F1 GENESUSAN FARMER; Fiscal Year: 1999..research project is to characterize the structure and function of the gene for a transcription factor, locus control region factor 1 (LCR-F1)...
- Nrf1 function by conditional knockoutJefferson Chan; Fiscal Year: 2003This grant proposal is in response to PAR-98-087, and is linked to K08-DK02603, which focuses on the role of Nrf1 in oxidative stress...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF TRISTETRAPROLIN FUNCTIONThomas Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MAT1A NULL MOUSE: MODEL FOR ALCOHOLIC TISSUE INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC GLUTATHIONE SYNTHESISShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our ultimate goal is to utilize this information to improve the treatment and prevent complications that may result from altered hepatic GSH synthesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONS OF A CONSERVED GERMLINE HELICASE IN C.ELEGANSThomas Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2005..At the same time, they will elucidate post-transcriptional gene regulation mechanisms that may be of conserved importance during gametogenesis, and possibly for proliferation or survival of other stem cell types. ..
- ALTERED METHIONINE METABOLISM IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Gene Expression in Prediabetes: Potential Role of PGC-1MARY PATTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..