Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: neuropeptide Y
Description: neuropeptide Y
Alias: PYY4, pro-neuropeptide Y, prepro-neuropeptide Y
Publications373 found, 100 shown here
- Sodium ions attenuate the inhibitory effects of neuropeptide Y on norepinephrine release in rat hypothalamusK Tsuda
Neurochemistry Research Laboratory, New York University Medical Center, New York, USA
Am J Hypertens 8:1135-40. 1995b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has a wide and specific distribution both in the central and peripheral nervous systems...
- Attenuation of luteinizing hormone surges in neuropeptide Y knockout miceM Xu
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Neuroendocrinology 72:263-71. 2000To clarify the role of neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the regulation of the reproductive axis, these experiments evaluated the extent to which reproductive hormone secretions may be compromised in the absence of NPY expression...
- Enhanced neuropeptide Y immunoreactivity and vasoconstriction in mesenteric small arteries from spontaneously hypertensive ratsKathryn A Gradin
Department of Physiology, Institute of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
J Vasc Res 40:252-65. 2003..The distribution of nerve terminals immunoreactive for tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) and neuropeptide Y (NPY) was similar in mesenteric small arteries from Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) and SHR rats...
- Neuropeptide Y activates urocortin 1 neurons in the nonpreganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleusBalazs Gaszner
Department of Anatomy, Medical Faculty, Pécs University and Neurohumoral Regulations Research Group of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 7643 Pecs, Szigeti ut 12, Hungary
J Comp Neurol 500:708-19. 2007..promoting stress adaptation utilize various neurotransmitters/neuropeptides, such as urocortin 1 (Ucn1) and neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Support for involvement of glutamate decarboxylase 1 and neuropeptide Y in anxiety susceptibilityJonas Donner
Research Programs Unit, Molecular Neurology, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:316-27. 2012..0009). We additionally found that SNPs and haplotypes in neuropeptide Y (NPY) modified the effect of childhood adversities on anxiety susceptibility (P = 0.003)...
- The neurocircuitry and receptor subtypes mediating anxiolytic-like effects of neuropeptide YAnts Kask
Department of Pharmacology, University of Tartu, 50090, Tartu, Estonia
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 26:259-83. 2002..We conclude that endogenous NPY has an important role in reducing anxiety and serves as a physiological stabilizer of neural activity in circuits involved in the regulation of arousal and anxiety...
- Distribution of neuropeptide Y-immunoreactive neurons in the human brainstem, cerebellum, and cortex during developmentSen Mun Wai
Department of Anatomy, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 24:667-84. 20041. Neuropeptide Y is found throughout the central nervous system where it appears to play a wide range of often poorly understood functions...
- Activation of the Y1 receptor by neuropeptide Y regulates the growth of prostate cancer cellsMassimiliano Ruscica
Istituto di Endocrinologia, via G Balzaretti, 9 20133 Milano, Italy
Endocrinology 147:1466-73. 2006This study deals with the role of neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the regulation of cell proliferation. NPY is expressed in the normal and tumoral prostate, but no data on its possible role in prostate cancer (PCa) progression are available...
- Distribution of neuropeptide Y Leu7Pro polymorphism in patients with type 1 diabetes and diabetic nephropathy among Swedish and American populationsJun Ma
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, L6 B2, Karolinska Institutet, Rolf Luft Center for Diabetes Research, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 157:641-5. 2007The distribution of Leu7Pro polymorphism in the neuropeptide Y gene shows a geographical north to south gradient of decreasing frequency, suggesting that it may be a population-specific causal variant...
- Quantitative analysis of a panel of gene expression in prostate cancer--with emphasis on NPY expression analysisAi jun Liu
Department of Pathology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 8:853-9. 2007..To investigate molecular alterations associating with prostate carcinoma progression and potentially provide information toward more accurate prognosis/diagnosis...
- Interactions of multiple signaling pathways in neuropeptide Y-mediated bimodal vascular smooth muscle cell growthJennifer Pons
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Box 571460, Washington, DC 20057 1460, USA
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 86:438-48. 2008b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY), a sympathetic cotransmitter, acts via G protein-coupled receptors to stimulate constriction and vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) proliferation through interactions with its Y1 receptors...
- PreproNPY Pro7 protects against depression despite exposure to environmental risk factorsLouise K Sjöholm
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Affect Disord 118:124-30. 2009..is extensive evidence, from both clinical cases and rodent models, for reduced levels of the widely expressed neuropeptide Y (NPY) in anxiety and depressive disorders...
- Regulation of catecholamine release and tyrosine hydroxylase in human adrenal chromaffin cells by interleukin-1beta: role of neuropeptide Y and nitric oxideJoana Rosmaninho-Salgado
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
J Neurochem 109:911-22. 2009..The effect of IL-1beta on neuropeptide Y (NPY) release and the intracellular pathways involved in catecholamine release evoked by IL-1beta and NPY were ..
- Neuropeptide Y modulates steroid production of human adrenal H295R cells through Y1 receptorsP Kempna
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Children s Hospital Bern, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 314:101-9. 2010b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is abundantly expressed in the nervous system and acts on target cells through NPY receptors. The human adrenal cortex and adrenal tumors express NPY receptor subtype Y1, but its function is unknown...
- Neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene: Impact on emotional processing and treatment response in anxious depressionKatharina Domschke
Dept of Psychiatry, University of Muenster, Germany
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 20:301-9. 2010b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has been found to play a role in the pathomechanism of both anxiety and depression. Thus, NPY is a promising candidate in the investigation of the clinical phenotype of "anxious depression"...
- Human NPY promoter variation rs16147:T>C as a moderator of prefrontal NPY gene expression and negative affectWolfgang H Sommer
Laboratory of Clinical and Translational Studies, NIAAA, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA
Hum Mutat 31:E1594-608. 2010..Our results show the importance of rs16147:T>C for regulation of NPY gene expression and brain function...
- Changes of plasma obestatin, ghrelin and NPY in anorexia and bulimia nervosa patients before and after a high-carbohydrate breakfastD Sedláčková
Institute of Endocrinology, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 60:165-73. 2011Peptides ghrelin, obestatin and neuropeptide Y (NPY) play an important role in regulation of energy homeostasis, the imbalance of which is associated with eating disorders anorexia (AN) and bulimia nervosa (BN)...
- An interaction between a neuropeptide Y gene polymorphism and early adversity modulates endocrine stress responsesStephanie H Witt
Department of Genetic Epidemiology in Psychiatry, Central Institute of Mental Health Mannheim, J5, 68159 Mannheim, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:1010-20. 2011..b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) plays a role in stress regulation and genetic variation in NPY may influence stress responses...
- Y receptor-mediated induction of CD63 transcripts, a tetraspanin determined to be necessary for differentiation of the intestinal epithelial cell line, hBRIE 380i cellsG Hallden
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3104, USA
J Biol Chem 274:27914-24. 1999Peptide YY (PYY) and neuropeptide Y (NPY) are peptides that coordinate intestinal activities in response to luminal and neuronal signals...
- Association of neuropeptide y polymorphism with the occurrence of type 1 and type 2 alcoholismE Ilveskoski
Department of Forensic Medicine, Medical School, University of Tampere, Helsinki, Finland
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 25:1420-2. 2001The susceptibility to alcoholism can be explained partially by genetic factors. Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has emerged as one potential factor contributing the development of alcoholism...
- Neuropeptide Y-induced angiogenesis in agingJoanna Kitlinska
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3900 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Peptides 23:71-7. 2002..Thus, NPY-dependent angiogenesis is impaired with age, which is associated with a decreased expression of endothelial NPY receptors (Y2) and DPPIV...
- The single nucleotide polymorphism T1128C in the signal peptide of neuropeptide Y (NPY) was not identified in a Korean populationB Ding
Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institute, S 171 77, Stockholm, S 17186, Sweden
J Clin Pharm Ther 27:211-2. 2002..SNP) T1128C, which causes an amino acid change from leucine(7) to proline(7) in the signal peptide of neuropeptide Y (NPY), has been found to be associated with multiple clinical parameters or disease...
- Association between a novel polymorphism in the promoter region of the neuropeptide Y gene and schizophrenia in humansMasanari Itokawa
Department of Schizophrenia Research, Tokyo Institute of Psychiatry, 2 1 8 Kamikitazawa, Setagaya, 156 8585, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Lett 347:202-4. 2003Hypoactivity of neuropeptide Y (NPY) is thought to be involved in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia, because post-mortem brain studies revealed a decrease of the NPY in schizophrenia, and antipsychotic treatments increase the NPY in ..
- Analysis of a repressor region in the human neuropeptide Y gene that binds Oct-1 and Pbx-1 in GT1-7 neuronsChristopher M Mayer
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Medical Sciences Building 3247A, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5S 1A8
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:847-54. 2003..In this paper we have studied the cis-acting elements involved in the repression of neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene expression in a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neuronal cell model, GT1-7 cells...
- Association analysis of the polymorphism T1128C in the signal peptide of neuropeptide Y in a Swedish hypertensive populationSusanna M Wallerstedt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Sahlgrenska, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Hypertens 22:1277-81. 2004The neuropeptide Y (NPY) signal peptide polymorphism T1128C has been linked to several risk factors for cardiovascular disease...
- The T1128C polymorphism of neuropeptide Y gene in a chinese populationChongqi Jia
Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, School of Public Health, Shandong University, People s Republic of China
Arch Med Res 36:175-7. 2005Several papers have shown that the T1128C polymorphism of the neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene was related to certain diseases and disorders...
- Modulatory actions of neuropeptide Y on prostate cancer growth: role of MAP kinase/ERK 1/2 activationMassimiliano Ruscica
Center for Endocrinological Oncology, Department of Endocrinology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Adv Exp Med Biol 604:96-100. 2007..Evidence exists that, among these molecules, the pleiotropic neuropeptide Y (NPY) and the related receptors may play a role in the normal prostate as well as in the progression of human ..
- Genetic variation in human NPY expression affects stress response and emotionZhifeng Zhou
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, NIAAA, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 452:997-1001. 2008..b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is anxiolytic and its release is induced by stress...
- Antimicrobial activity of neuropeptides against a range of micro-organisms from skin, oral, respiratory and gastrointestinal tract sitesIkhlas A El Karim
Oral Science Research Centre, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen s University Belfast, BT12 6BP, Northern Ireland, UK
J Neuroimmunol 200:11-6. 2008..whether the neuropeptides substance P (SP), neurokinin A (NKA), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), neuropeptide Y (NPY) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), displayed antimicrobial activity against Streptococcus ..
- Leucine7 to proline7 polymorphism in the preproneuropeptide Y is associated with the progression of carotid atherosclerosis, blood pressure and serum lipids in Finnish menM K Karvonen
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Atherosclerosis 159:145-51. 2001..This study provides important evidence suggesting that the Pro7 substitution in the prepro-NPY is an important risk factor for accelerated atherosclerotic progression, increased blood pressure and increased serum cholesterol in humans...
- Leucine 7 to proline 7 polymorphism in the preproneuropeptide Y is associated with proteinuria, coronary heart disease, and glycemic control in type 1 diabetic patientsKim Pettersson-Fernholm
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, and Folkhälsan Research Center, Biomedicum, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes Care 27:503-9. 2004b>Neuropeptide Y is a potent vasoconstrictor thought to enhance the development of atherosclerosis...
- Pituitary gland: neuropeptides, neurotransmitters and growth factorsJ I Koenig
Neurology Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
Toxicol Pathol 17:256-65. 1989..We will discuss the stimulatory actions of neuropeptide Y (NPY), angiotensin II, and peptides of immune cell origin on the secretion of ACTH and CRH...
- Y2-receptor-mediated selective inhibition of slow, inhibitory postsynaptic potential in submucous neurones of guinea-pig caecumS M Cunningham
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Marischal College
Br J Pharmacol 113:883-8. 19941. The subtype of neuropeptide Y receptor mediating the selective inhibition of the slow inhibitory postsynaptic potential (i.p.s.p...
- [Role of neuropeptides in dermatology]I Sanchez-Carpintero
Departamento de Dermatologia, Clinica Universitaria, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Espana
Rev Neurol 25:S222-31. 1997..the role played by some of these substances such as substance P (SP), calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP), neuropeptide Y (NPY), vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), somatostatin (S), and neurotensin (N)...
- Blockade of noradrenaline-induced constrictions by yohimbine and prazosin differs between consecutive segments of cutaneous arteries in guinea-pig earsJ L Morris
Centre for Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Flinders University of South Australia, Adelaide
Br J Pharmacol 113:1105-12. 1994..ranging from 3 degree arteries to 60 arterioles, there was a significant correlation between the presence of neuropeptide Y-immunoreactive (NPY-IR) sympathetic axons and the degree of blockade of NA-induced constrictions by yohimbine, ..
- Neuropeptides modulate a murine monocyte/macrophage cell line capacity for phagocytosis and killing of Leishmania major parasitesA A Ahmed
Department of Dermatology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 23:397-409. 2001..The autonomic neuropeptides vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and neuropeptide Y (NPY) both suppressed the phagocytic and leishmanicidal capacities of macrophages at various concentrations, ..
- The effect of neuropeptide Y on sodium, chloride and potassium transport across the rat distal colonD Strabel
, , Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 115:1071-9. 19951. Neuropeptide Y (NPY; 10(-10)-10(-7) mol l-1) reduced basal short-circuit current (Isc) in a concentration-dependent manner in the rat distal colon but was ineffective in the proximal colon. 2...
- Modulatory effect of neuropeptide Y on acetylcholine-induced oedema and vasoconstriction in isolated perfused lungs of rabbitA Delaunois
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, , Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 113:973-81. 19941. The modulatory role of neuropeptide Y (NPY) on pulmonary oedema induced by acetylcholine and capsaicin was investigated...
- Neuropeptide-Y family of peptides in the autocrine-paracrine regulation of adrenocortical functionG G Nussdorfer
Department of Anatomy, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Horm Metab Res 30:368-73. 1998....
- Neuropeptide Y, tyrosine hydroxylase and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide-immunoreactive nerve fibers in the vertebral bodies, discs, dura mater, and spinal ligaments of the rat lumbar spineM Ahmed
Department of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:268-73. 1993..Both peptidergic nerves, represented by immunoreactivity to neuropeptide Y (NPY), vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), and noradrenergic nerves as reflected by tyrosine hydroxylase (..
- [Neuropeptide Y, orthosympathetic nervous system, hypertension and alpha-2 adrenergic receptors]M F Poncet
, INSERM U317, , Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1239-41. 1991b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is coreleased with noradrenaline (NA) from sympathetic nerve endings. In vitro data suggest that NPY is coreleased during high stimulation frequencies...
- Blood pressure responses to sucrose ingestion in four rat strainsH G Preuss
Department of Medicine (Nephrology Division, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
Am J Hypertens 5:244-50. 1992..Corresponding with SBP changes, plasma renin activity (PRA), aldosterone, and neuropeptide Y (NPY) concentrations all decreased with the high sucrose-low protein diet compared to the low sucrose-high ..
- Presence of neuropeptide Y in the rat seminal vesicle and its effects on noradrenaline- and nerve-induced contractionsM M Iravani
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Br J Pharmacol 113:877-82. 19941. Immunohistochemical and functional studies have been performed to localize and determine the effects of neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the rat seminal vesicle. 2...
- Studies on the mechanism of neuropeptide Y induced potentiation of neurogenic vasoconstriction in the isolated rabbit ear arteryJ G Duesler
Biomedical Engineering and Science Institute, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Am J Hypertens 3:796-9. 1990b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has been shown to potentiate the response of the isolated rabbit ear artery to field stimulation, provided that the vascular endothelium is intact...
- Discrimination by benextramine between the NPY-Y1 receptor subtypes present in rabbit isolated vas deferens and saphenous veinS Palea
Glaxo Research Laboratories, Verona, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 115:3-10. 19951. In order to characterize the neuropeptide Y (NPY) Y1 receptors known to be present in rabbit isolated vas deferens and saphenous vein, the pharmacological activity of the selective NPY Y1 receptor agonists, [Leu31,Pro34] NPY and ..
- Neuropeptide Y and galanin enhance the inhibitory effects of clonidine on norepinephrine release from medulla oblongata of ratsK Tsuda
Department of Medicine, Wakayama Medical College, Japan
Am J Hypertens 3:800-2. 1990The medulla oblongata is thought to play an important role in the central regulation of blood pressure. Neuropeptide Y (NPY) and galanin (Gal) coexist with norepinephrine (NE) and may have a functional interaction in this region...
- Alteration of prejunctional alpha 2-adrenergic autoinhibition in DOCA-salt hypertensionP Moreau
, , , Canada
Am J Hypertens 8:287-93. 1995..Basal and hemorrhage-induced increases in catecholamine and immunoreactive neuropeptide Y (NPY) levels were compared between control and yohimbine (alpha 2-adrenergic receptor antagonist) pretreated ..
- Effect of synthetic porcine neuropeptide Y (NPY) on splanchnic blood flows and exocrine pancreatic secretion in dogsS Sumi
First Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 36:1523-8. 1991This study examined the effect of synthetic porcine neuropeptide Y on the splanchnic blood flows and the exocrine pancreatic secretion in dogs. Graded doses of neuropeptide Y (0...
- Neuropeptide Y in juvenile migraine and tension-type headacheV Gallai
Interuniversity Center for the Study of Headache and Neurotransmitter Disorders, Perugia, Italy
Headache 34:35-40. 1994b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is widely distributed throughout sympathetic nerve endings where it is co-stored and co-secreted with noradrenaline. It is considered a marker of noradrenergic function...
- Decrease of hypothalamic neuropeptide Y gene expression by vanadyl sulfate in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsI M Liu
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City, Taiwan, ROC
Horm Metab Res 33:96-100. 2001In an attempt to elucidate the effect of vanadium compounds on the gene expression of neuropeptide Y (NPY), vanadyl sulfate (VOSO4) was orally administrated at the dose of 1 mg/kg body weight into streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats (STZ-..
- Neuropeptide-Y stimulation of insulin secretion is mediated via the nucleus tractus solitariusJ C Dunbar
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan
Horm Metab Res 24:103-5. 1992..We conclude that NPY can act directly on the NTS to increase circulating insulin levels. Thus, the NTS may be a major brainstem site that directly mediates the central action of NPY on nutrient homeostasis...
- Protecting effects of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide on lymphocytes against metal toxicityK Nordlind
Department of Dermatology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:323-30. 1992The hormonal neuropeptides calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), cholecystokinin (CCK), neuropeptide Y (NPY) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), were investigated for a potential protective effect on thymocytes after a toxic dose ..
- Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and neuropeptide-Y, as possible mediators in laryngeal oedema. An immunofluorescence studyJ Basterra
Surgical Dpt, Valencia Medical School, Spain
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 43:99-104. 1989..Comments are made about the role these peptides might play in the physiopathology of vocal cord oedema...
- Cardiovascular effects of neuropeptide YB Waeber
Division of Hypertension, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Hypertens 1:193-9. 1988b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is present in the brain, the adrenal medulla, and peripheral sympathetic nerves. This peptide is released together with catecholamines during sympathoadrenal activation...
- Functional interaction between neuropeptide Y receptors and modulation of calcium channels in the rat hippocampusAna P Silva
Center for Neuroscience of Coimbra, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra 3004 517, Portugal
Neuropharmacology 44:282-92. 2003We investigated the functional interaction between neuropeptide Y (NPY) receptors using nerve terminals and cultured rat hippocampal neurons, and we evaluated the involvement of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels (VGCCs) in NPY receptors-..
- Specificity of leptin action on elevated blood glucose levels and hypothalamic neuropeptide Y gene expression in ob/ob miceM W Schwartz
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Diabetes 45:531-5. 1996..state induced by genetic leptin deficiency reduces elevated levels of both blood glucose and hypothalamic neuropeptide Y (NPY) mRNA in ob/ob mice...
- Functional effects and ligand binding of chimeric galanin-neuropeptide Y (NPY) peptides on NPY and galanin receptor typesU Kahl
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 111:1129-34. 19941. The effects and binding characteristics of a series of chimeric galanin-neuropeptide Y (NPY) peptides were examined in various preparations known to contain a predominant population of either Y1 or Y2 receptors for NPY or galanin ..
- Central neuropeptide Y and the sigma ligand, JO 1784, reverse corticotropin-releasing factor-induced inhibition of gastric acid secretion in ratsM Gue
CURE VA Wadsworth Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Br J Pharmacol 107:642-7. 1992..ligand, JO 1784, [(+)-N-cyclopropylmethyl-N-methyl-1,4-diphenyl-1-ethylbut-3- en-1-ylamine hydrochloride], or neuropeptide Y (NPY) and corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF)-induced inhibition of gastric acid secretion were investigated ..
- Inhibition of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor channels in bovine adrenal chromaffin cells by Y3-type neuropeptide Y receptors via the adenylate cyclase/protein kinase A systemW Nörenberg
Pharmakologisches Institut der Universität, Freiburg, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 351:337-47. 1995The effect of neuropeptide Y [NPY(1-36)] and related peptides on the voltage-dependent currents and the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) currents (IACh) of bovine adrenal chromaffin cells was investigated using the whole-cell ..
- Evidence for a potential role of neuropeptide Y in ovine corpus luteum functionC S Keator
Department of Animal Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 38:103-14. 2010b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is a neurohormone that is typically associated with food intake, but it has also been reported to affect the production of progesterone from luteal tissue in vitro...
- Neuropeptide Y in salivary glands of the rat: origin, release and secretory effectsJ Ekstrom
Department of Pharmacology, Goteborg University, Sweden
Regul Pept 61:125-34. 1996In the parotid gland, double immunostaining showed the perivascular and most of the periductal neuropeptide Y (NPY)-immunoreactive nerve fibres to contain dopamine beta-hydroxylase, while the majority of periacinar NPY-fibres contained ..
- Neuropeptide Y receptor-expressing dorsal horn neurons: role in nocifensive reflex responses to heat and formalinR G Wiley
Lab of Experimental Neurology, Neurology Service 127, Veterans Affairs Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, 1310 24th Avenue, South, Nashville, TN 37212 2637, USA
Neuroscience 161:139-47. 2009Lumbar intrathecal injection of neuropeptide Y (NPY) is antinociceptive, particularly in models of nerve injury and inflammation...
- In vitro stimulation of the prepubertal rat gonadotropin-releasing hormone pulse generator by leptin and neuropeptide Y through distinct mechanismsM C Lebrethon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Endocrinology 141:1464-9. 2000Leptin may act as a negative feedback signal to the brain in the control of appetite through suppression of neuropeptide Y (NPY) secretion and stimulation of cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART), a new anorectic peptide...
- Neuropeptide Y: some viewpoints on a multifaceted peptide in the normal and diseased nervous systemT Hokfelt
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 26:154-66. 1998..It is possible that these changes in NPY-ergic mechanisms may underlie some of the central symptoms associated with the prion disease. (ABSTRACT TRUNCATED)..
- Release of luteinizing hormone from the anterior pituitary gland in vitro can be concurrently regulated by at least three peptides: gonadotropin-releasing hormone, oxytocin and neuropeptide YJ J Evans
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Christchurch School of Medicine, Christchurch, New Zealand
Neuroendocrinology 73:408-16. 2001..Other peptides, including oxytocin and neuropeptide Y (NPY), have also been observed to affect LH activities...
- The regulation of veratridine-stimulated electrogenic ion transport in mouse colon by neuropeptide Y (NPY), Y1 and Y2 receptorsNiall P Hyland
Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, King s College London
Br J Pharmacol 146:712-22. 20051 Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is a prominent enteric neuropeptide with prolonged antisecretory effects in mammalian intestine. Veratridine depolarises neurons consequently causing epithelial anion secretion across mouse colon mucosa...
- Effects of neuropeptide Y and agonists selective for neuropeptide Y receptor sub-types on arterioles of the guinea-pig small intestine and the rat brainJ Xia
Department of Physiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 107:771-6. 19921. The actions of neuropeptide Y (NPY) and agonists selective for NPY receptor subtypes were examined on arterioles from the guinea-pig small intestine and the rat pia in order to characterize the receptors mediating the vasoconstrictor ..
- Feeding after fourth ventricular administration of neuropeptide Y receptor agonists in ratsE S Corp
Department of Psychology, Neuroscience and Behavior Program and the Center for Neuroendocrine Studies, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Peptides 22:493-9. 2001b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) and peptide YY (PYY) stimulate food intake after injection into the fourth cerebral ventricle, suggesting that NPY receptors in the hindbrain are targets for the stimulatory effect of these peptides on food intake...
- Synthesis, characterization, and monkey positron emission tomography (PET) studies of [18F]Y1-973, a PET tracer for the neuropeptide Y Y1 receptorEric D Hostetler
Imaging, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Neuroimage 54:2635-42. 2011b>Neuropeptide Y receptor subtype 1 (NPY Y1) has been implicated in appetite regulation, and antagonists of NPY Y1 are being explored as potential therapeutics for obesity...
- Heterogeneity of the neuropeptide Y (NPY) contractile and relaxing receptors in horse penile small arteriesDolores Prieto
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 143:976-86. 2004The distribution of neuropeptide Y (NPY)-immunorective nerves and the receptors involved in the effects of NPY upon electrical field stimulation (EFS)- and noradrenaline (NA)-elicited contractions were investigated in horse penile small ..
- Neuromedin B and gastrin-releasing peptide excite arcuate nucleus neuropeptide Y neurons in a novel transgenic mouse expressing strong Renilla green fluorescent protein in NPY neuronsAnthony N van den Pol
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Neurosci 29:4622-39. 2009b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is one of the most widespread neuropeptides in the brain...
- Neuropeptide Y in the mammalian pineal glandJ D Mikkelsen
Department of Anatomy B, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Microsc Res Tech 46:239-56. 1999..The proNPY-molecule is post-translationally processed by a single cleavage to neuropeptide Y (NPY) and a C-terminal peptide of NPY (CPON)...
- Localization of neuropeptide Y and norepinephrine in the porcine ovarian artery and their influence on the local blood pressureWłodzimierz Markiewicz
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury, Olsztyn, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 41:73-81. 2003The aim of the present study was to determine: (i) the presence of dopamine-beta-hydroxylase (DbetaH)- and neuropeptide Y (NPY)-immunoreactive (IR) nerve fibres in the wall of the porcine ovarian artery, (ii) the influence of NPY and ..
- [Determination of insulin, leptin and neuropeptide y by radioimmunoanalysis in patients with morbid obesity and anorexia nervosa after therapeutic intervention]L Escobar
Servicio de Endocrinología y Nutrición Hospital Universitario Puerta del Mar, Cádiz Spain
Rev Esp Med Nucl 21:3-11. 2002The present study was conducted in order to analyze the relationship existing between leptin, insulin and neuropeptide Y (NPY) levels in massive weight loss and weight recovery...
- Alterations in striatal neuropeptide Y system activity of rats with haloperidol-induced behavioral supersensitivityE Obuchowicz
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Silesian University School of Medicine, Medykow 18 Street, 40 752 Katowice, Poland
Neuropeptides 39:515-23. 2005..p.) for 14 days is associated with the alterations in activity of neuropeptide Y (NPY) system in the striatum (caudate-putamen) and nucleus accumbens...
- The dynamic changes of plasma neuropeptide y and neurotensin and their role in regulating cerebral hemodynamics in neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyJing Liu
Beijing Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Am J Perinatol 24:435-40. 2007..The purpose of this study was to explore the dynamic changes in plasma neuropeptide Y (NPY) and neurotensin (NT) as well as their role in regulating cerebral hemodynamics in HIE patients...
- Ultrastructural localization of neuropeptide Y Y1 receptors in the rat medial nucleus tractus solitarius: relationships with neuropeptide Y or catecholamine neuronsMichael J Glass
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Division of Neurobiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Neurosci Res 67:753-65. 2002b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) Y1 receptor (Y1-R) agonists influence cardiovascular regulation...
- Roles of corticotropin-releasing factor, neuropeptide Y and corticosterone in the regulation of food intake in Xenopus laevisE J Crespi
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1048, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 16:279-88. 2004..by an orexigenic peptides such as corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), and orexigenic peptides such as neuropeptide Y (NPY). Glucocorticoids also stimulate food intake by inhibiting CRF while facilitating NPY actions...
- Molecular characterization of neuropeptide Y gene in Chinese perch, an acanthomorph fishXu Fang Liang
Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Science and Technology, Jinan University, Shipai, Guangzhou 510632, China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 148:55-64. 2007The full-length neuropeptide Y (NPY) cDNA of Chinese perch Siniperca chuatsi was 704 bp in length, and contained a 300 bp open reading frame encoding a prepro-NPY with 99 amino acids...
- Vasoconstrictor effects of various neuropeptide Y analogues on the rat tail artery in the presence of phenylephrineM Tschopl
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, C N R S URA 600, Universite Louis Pasteur Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
Br J Pharmacol 110:1098-104. 19931. The increase in perfusion pressure induced by neuropeptide Y (NPY), peptide YY (PYY) and related peptides were compared in the perfused rat tail artery precontracted by a submaximal concentration (1 microM) of the vasoconstrictor, ..
- Effects of neuropeptide Y on sucrose and ethanol intake and on anxiety-like behavior in high alcohol drinking (HAD) and low alcohol drinking (LAD) ratsN E Badia-Elder
Department of Psychology, Purdue School of Science, IUPUI, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46202 USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:894-9. 2003In a previous study, neuropeptide Y (NPY) administered into the lateral ventricles decreased ethanol intake in alcohol-preferring (P) rats but not in alcohol-nonpreferring (NP) or unselected Wistar rats...
- Neuropeptide Y reduces acetylcholine release and vagal bradycardia via a Y2 receptor-mediated, protein kinase C-dependent pathwayNeil Herring
Burdon Sanderson Cardiac Science Centre, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, Parks Road, Oxford University OX1 3PT, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:477-85. 2008The co-transmitter neuropeptide Y (NPY), released during prolonged cardiac sympathetic nerve stimulation, can attenuate vagal-induced bradycardia...
- Neuropeptide Y-like immunoreactive primary afferents in the periodontal tissues following dental injury in the ratS Wakisaka
Department of Oral Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Osaka University Faculty of Dentistry, Japan
Regul Pept 63:163-9. 1996The distribution of neuropeptide Y (NPY)-like immunoreactive (-IR) nerve fibers in the periodontal tissues following dental injury to the rat maxillary first molar was examined with a combination of dental injury and surgical ..
- Neuropeptide Y inhibits axonal transport of particles in neurites of cultured adult mouse dorsal root ganglion cellsHiromi Hiruma
Department of Physiology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara 228 8555, Japan
J Physiol 543:85-97. 2002b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) plays a modulatory role in processing nociceptive information...
- Neuropeptide Y- and catecholamine-synthesizing enzymes: immunoreactivities in the rat carotid body during postnatal developmentYukio Oomori
Division of Anatomy and Physiology, Japanese Red Cross Hokkaido College of Nursing, Akebono, Kitami 090 0011, Japan
Anat Embryol (Berl) 206:37-47. 2002Immunocytochemical studies of the rat carotid body during postnatal development revealed neuropeptide Y (NPY), tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), and dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH) immunoreactivities...
- Evidence for increased neuropeptide Y synthesis in mediobasal hypothalamus in relation to parental hyperphagia and gonadal activation in breeding ring dovesS Ramakrishnan
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 19:163-71. 2007..investigated the relationship between parental hyperphagia and changes in activity of the potent orexigen neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the hypothalamus of breeding doves...
- Cardiorespiratory response patterns elicited by microinjections of neuropeptide Y in the nucleus tractus solitariusR A Barraco
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201
Brain Res Bull 24:465-85. 1990..Microinjections of neuropeptide Y (NPY), a putative neuromodulator associated with catecholaminergic (CA) synapses, were made into the medial ..
- Peripheral modulation of duodenal and colonic motility and arterial pressure by neuropeptide Y, neuropeptide Y fragment 13-36, peptide YY, and pancreatic polypeptide in rats: cholinergic mechanismsS A Wager-Pagé
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Physiology, University of Calgary, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 71:768-75. 1993The pancreatic polypeptide-fold (PP-fold) peptides neuropeptide Y (NPY), peptide YY (PYY), and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) (500 pmol/kg) increased duodenal and colonic intraluminal pressure of urethane-anesthesized rats following ..
- Effects of neuropeptide Y on food intake and brain biogenic amines in the rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)M Aldegunde
Laboratorio de Fisioloxia Animal, Dpto de Fisioloxía, Facultade de Bioloxia, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, E 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Peptides 27:719-27. 2006b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is one of the most potent stimulants of food intake in mammals, but very little is known about NPY actions in fish...
- Neuropeptide Y in the dentate gyrusGunther Sperk
Department of Pharmacology, Medical University Innsbruck, Peter Mayr Str 1a, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Prog Brain Res 163:285-97. 2007b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is contained in at least four types of GABAergic interneurons in the dentate gyrus, many of which also contain somatostatin and give rise to the dense NPY innervation of the dentate outer molecular layer...
- Characterization of neuropeptide Y (NPY) receptors in human cerebral arteries with selective agonists and the new Y1 antagonist BIBP 3226R Abounader
Laboratory of Cerebrovascular Research, Montreal Neurological Institute, , Canada
Br J Pharmacol 116:2245-50. 19951. We have characterized pharmacologically the receptor subtype(s) responsible for the neuropeptide Y (NPY)-induced vasoconstriction in human cerebral arteries...
- Neuropeptide Y1 and Y5 receptors mediate the effects of neuropeptide Y on the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axisCsaba Fekete
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest 1083, Hungary
Endocrinology 143:4513-9. 2002b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is one of the most important hypothalamic-derived neuropeptides mediating the effects of leptin on energy homeostasis...
- An improved method for dissociation and aggregate culture of human fetal brain cells in serum-free mediumA Barnea
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75235 9032, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 4:156-64. 1999..133 (1977) 329-339.] [11,12] and peptidergic neurons (neuropeptide Y (NPY) and somatostatin (SRIF) [A. Barnea, E. Anthony, G. Lu, G...
- Evidence that dark-phase hyperphagia induced by neurotoxin 6-hydroxydopamine may be due to decreased leptin and increased neuropeptide Y signalingP S Kalra
Department of Physiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610, USA
Physiol Behav 63:829-35. 1998..Since hypothalamic neuropeptide Y (NPY) is implicated in the control of ingestive behavior, we evaluated hypothalamic NPY activity in this model ..
- Leptin receptor mRNA identifies a subpopulation of neuropeptide Y neurons activated by fasting in rat hypothalamusD G Baskin
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Diabetes 48:828-33. 1999..during fasting is implicated as a signal for increasing the expression of the orexigenic peptide neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the hypothalamus...
- Key motif to gain selectivity at the neuropeptide Y5-receptor: structure and dynamics of micelle-bound [Ala31, Pro32]-NPYReto Bader
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ETH Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Biochemistry 41:8031-42. 2002The structure of [Ala(31), Pro(32)]-NPY, a neuropeptide Y mutant with selectivity for the NPY Y(5)-receptor (Cabrele, C., Wieland, H. A., Stidsen, C., Beck-Sickinger, A. G...
- Activation of neuropeptide Y Y1 receptors inhibits glutamate release through reduction of voltage-dependent Ca2+ entry in the rat cerebral cortex nerve terminals: suppression of this inhibitory effect by the protein kinase C-dependent facilitatory pathwayS J Wang
School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, 510, Chung Cheng Road, Hsin Chuang, Taipei Hsien, Taiwan 24205
Neuroscience 134:987-1000. 2005b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is known to regulate the presynaptic glutamate release and neuronal responses to excitatory neurotransmission...
- [Antidepressant effect of microinjection of neuropeptide Y into the hippocampus is mediated by decreased expression of nitric oxide synthase]Ting Lian
College of Life Science, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 62:237-46. 2010..evidence indicates an important role of hippocampal dendrite atrophy in the development of depression, while neuropeptide Y (NPY) participates in hippocampal dendrite growth...
- Characterization of neuropeptide Y-induced feeding in mice: do Y1-Y6 receptor subtypes mediate feeding?S Iyengar
Lilly Neuroscience, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 289:1031-40. 1999The stimulation of food consumption after i.c.v. administration of various neuropeptide Y (NPY) receptor agonists was examined in CD-1 mice...
- Chronic neuropeptide Y Y5 receptor stimulation suppresses reproduction in virgin female and lactating ratsD J Toufexis
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Psychology Department, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neuroendocrinol 14:492-7. 2002Continuous infusion of neuropeptide Y (NPY) disrupts cyclicity and delays the onset of puberty in female rats indicating that NPY can suppress reproduction. Central application of NPY also reliably increases food intake in rats...
- Sigma 1 receptor-mediated increase in hippocampal extracellular dopamine contributes to the mechanism of the anticonvulsant action of neuropeptide YAlfred Meurs
Department of Neurology, U Z Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Neurosci 26:3079-92. 2007The potent anticonvulsant properties of neuropeptide Y (NPY) are generally attributed to a Y2 receptor-mediated inhibition of glutamatergic synaptic transmission...
- Arcuate nucleus glutamatergic neurons modulate energy homeostasisAnthony N van den Pol; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultrastructural dual label immunocytochemistry will be used to test the hypothesis that local orexigenic neuropeptide Y (NPY) immunoreactive axons make synaptic contact with the glutamate cells, similar to the NPY axons that ..
- Leptin and Insulin Responses in Hypothalamic NPY NeuronsCHRISTOPHER JAVADI; Fiscal Year: 2013..One such feedback circuit, the melanocortin circuit in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus, consists of neuropeptide Y (NPY)-expressing neurons, which promote feeding and decrease energy expenditure, and pro-opiomelanocortin (..
- PERINATAL METABOLIC AND HORMONAL EFFECTSSherin U Devaskar; Fiscal Year: 2010..consists of an increase in the hypothalamic insulin receptor, leptin receptor expression with an increase in neuropeptide Y, agouti-related peptide expression, and a decrease in melanocortin-3 receptor...
- KRISTEN RACHEL VELLA; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recent work on the regulation of thyroid hormone levels by neuropeptide Y through the central thyroid axis and the melanocortin 4 receptor through hepatic thyroid hormone metabolism ..
- Hypothalamic SIRT1 and Energy BalanceEduardo A Nillni; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sirt1 regulates the anorexigenic POMC as well as the orexigenic Agouti-related peptide (AgRP) and neuropeptide Y (NPY) through FoxO1 in a nutrient dependent manner. 2...
- Role of Parabrachial Nucleus Neuropeptides in FeedingJohn Paul Baird; Fiscal Year: 2011..These neuropeptides, such as neuropeptide Y (NPY) and pro-opioimelanocortin products (MC), act or have receptors in forebrain and hindbrain locations...
- Sabrina Diano; Fiscal Year: 2016..suppression of ROS levels diminish pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) cell activation and promote the activity of neuropeptide Y- (NPY)/ agouti related peptide- (AgRP) neurons and feeding, whereas ROS activates POMC neurons and reduces ..
- Michael W Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2016..activated in uDM are those that express orexigenic (or 'food intake-stimulatory') peptides such as neuropeptide Y (NPY) and agouti-related peptide (AgRP), whereas adjacent anorexigenic, melanocortin-producing (or 'POMC&..
- NEUROPEPTIDERGIC INHIBITION OF SPINAL PAIN TRANSMISSIONBradley K Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary data suggest that new drugs acting at the neuropeptide Y receptor system in the spinal cord will overcome these problems, but further studies are required to determine ..
- Systemic Factors that Maintain a Young Liver PhenotypeRoy G Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..By comparing the molecular effects of CR on ARC neuropeptide Y (NPY), agouti-related peptide (AGRP) and pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) neurons of wild type mice with ghrelin-/- ..
- Hypothalamic GABAergic Action and Energy HomeostasisQingchun Tong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent studies suggest an important role of a novel group of neurons , which are neither neuropeptide Y/agouti-related peptide (NPY/AgRP) nor proopiomelanocortin (POMC) neurons in the arcuate nucleus, but are ..
- Altering Energy Balance by Systemic Delivery of RNAi to the Neuroendocrine BrainSergio R Ojeda; Fiscal Year: 2013..pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) inhibit the drive to eat and stimulate energy expenditure, neurons containing neuropeptide Y/Agouti-related peptide (NPY/AgRP) stimulate feeding behavior and inhibit energy expenditure...
- The Significance of Leptin Signals to Neonatal Somatotropes and GonadotropesGwen V Childs; Fiscal Year: 2013..on the postnatal development of gonadotropes and their responses to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Interaction of Estrogen and AMPK in the HypothalamusJessica Healy; Fiscal Year: 2012..Food intake is regulated by a variety of exigenic neuropeptides (neuropeptide Y, NPY;agouti-related protein, AgRP) and anorexigenic neuropeptides (pro- opiomelanocortin, POMC) that act in ..
- Barry E Levin; Fiscal Year: 2014..Using DIO, DR and outbred rats and mice with fluorescently tagged neuropeptide Y (NPY) and proopiomelanocortin POMC) neurons or CD36 deletion, we will utilize calcium imaging, quantitative ..
- To Feed or Breed? GnIH-3 Stimulates Food Intake in RatsGregory Scott Fraley; Fiscal Year: 2013..In rats, central treatment of GnIH-3 increases hypothalamic neuropeptide Y (NPY) and growth hormone releasing hormone mRNAs. Increased NPY is known to stimulate food intake...
- MARTIN JEFFREY KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Although it is known that leptin and insulin inputs to POMC and neuropeptide Y (NPY) neurons are important for energy homeostasis, the cellular mechanism (s) by which E2 modulates leptin ..
- BETA ENDORPHIN NEURONS AND THE CONTROL OF HOMEOSTASISMartin Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although it is known that leptin and insulin inputs to POMC and neuropeptide Y (NPY) neurons are important for energy homeostasis, the cellular mechanism (s) by which E2 modulates leptin ..
- KARL LEONARD INSOGNA; Fiscal Year: 2015..The other "arm" of the melanocortin system is the population of neurons that produce neuropeptide Y (NPY), the inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA, and Agouti- related protein (AgRP)...
- Stress-induced increases of ethanol intake: The role of neuropeptide Y (NPY)Angela M Sparrow; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of the potential modulators of this effect is neuropeptide Y (NPY), which is involved in the regulation of both anxiety-like behavior and ethanol consumption in rodents...
- Role of Neuropeptide Y in Obesity-Receptor Specific AnalogsAmbikaipakan Balasubramaniam; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this regard, neuropeptide Y (NPY), most abundant peptide in the mammalian brain, has been characterized as the most powerful orexigenic ..
- Mechanisms of Programmed Gestational HyperphagiaMICHAEL GLENN ROSS; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- DEREK F BEATON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Preliminary results show neuropeptide Y (NPY) markers are more associated to binge eating and polysubstance users than any other group...
- Neuroprotective strategies in seizure-induced damageJANA VELISKOVA; Fiscal Year: 2011..participation of slow, G-protein linked neurotransmitter systems, metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluR) and neuropeptide Y (NPY) were investigated. Both NPY and mGlu receptors seem to be involved and complement each other...
- Attenuation of cardiac parasympathetic nerve acetylcholine release in obesity byWohaib Hasan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Neuropeptides such as neuropeptide Y (NPY) and galanin, released from sympathetic terminals in the heart, can inhibit acetylcholine release from ..
- Neuropeptide circuits and stress regulation in the basolateral amygdalaJANICE URBAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has received considerable attention as an endogenous anxiolytic compound...
- Janice H Urban; Fiscal Year: 2014..BLA activity is reflective of the balance of inhibitory and excitatory tone which is modulated, in part, by neuropeptide Y (NPY) and corticotrophin-releasing factor (CRF)...
- SARAH ELIZABETH DANIEL; Fiscal Year: 2014..contain other neuropeptides involved in modulating the stress response, such as CRF, enkephalin (Enk), and neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Role of neuropeptide Y-glucose inhibited (NPY-GI) neurons in cytokine-induced anoVanessa H Routh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The arcuate neuropeptide Y (NPY) neurons normally activate anabolic processes during energy deficit in order to restore energy ..
- Neuropeptide Y and the Control of Catecholamine Secretion from the Adrenal GlandMATTHEW WHIM; Fiscal Year: 2012..However one strong candidate is neuropeptide Y, a polypeptide that is synthesized by chromaffin cells...
- Jonathan P Wisor; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have developed a novel transgenic mouse line (NPY-ChR2- eYFP) in which the neuropeptide Y (NPY) promoter drives expression of the light-sensitive cation channel Channelrhodopsin2 (ChR2) and the marker ..
- C David Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2015..In humans, Y4 belongs to a family of receptors (Y1, Y2, Y4, and Y5), that bind the ligands neuropeptide Y (NPY), polypeptide YY (PYY) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP)...
- Y2 and Y4 Agonists in ObesityFRANK contact ZEMLAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): The purpose of the proposed studies is to assess the feasibility of developing a novel Neuropeptide Y (NPY) obesity treatment...
- BRIAN JAMES MICKEY; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our recent findings implicate functional genetic variation of neuropeptide Y (NPY) in negative emotional processing and risk for MDD, suggesting a way forward...
- Modulation of insulin and glucagon secretion by GPCR ligandsTARA ASHLEY SCHWETZ; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Prenatal stress and accelerated atherosclerosis in ApoE knockout miceSubeena Sood; Fiscal Year: 2012..formation as well as diet-induced obesity and metabolic syndrome in rodents, by increasing the release of neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Bioactive Peptides for Mitigation of AGS and Acute Radiation InjuryLurong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..of fibroblast growth factor 2), TPO-P (binding domain shared by thrombopoietin and erythropoietin) and NPY (Neuropeptide Y) and demonstrated that these bioactive peptides exerted certain mitigation effect on mice with lethal IR ..
- John W Osborn; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Previously, we discovered that neuropeptide Y (NPY), its Y2Rs and an endothelial dipeptidyl peptidase IV form a potent angiogenic system...
- Steven D Munger; Fiscal Year: 2016..The neuropeptide Y (NPY) family peptides, NPY and PYY, play a major role in the regulation of satiety when expressed by gut cells ..
- Marlene A Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has been suggested as a potential marker of resiliency, and NPY administration is anxiolytic...
- Role of pancreatic neuropeptide Y in obesity and diabetesYUMI NONE IMAI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Currently the underlying mechanisms for islet adaptation to obesity are not well understood. Interestingly Neuropeptide Y (NPY), a peptide in the brain that is known to play an important role in the development of obesity, is also ..
- Joanna B Kitlinska; Fiscal Year: 2014..a high activity of aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH), characterized as cancer stem cells, as well as identified neuropeptide Y (NPY), an EWS-FLI1 target gene, as a candidate hypoxia-induced pro-metastatic factor in ESFT...
- Social Stress Modulates Neuropeptide Y in a Model fo Periodontal InflammationBRENDA FAYE READER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, neuropeptides, such as the highly abundant neuropeptide Y (NPY), have been found at the site of infected periodontal tissue and may play a role in modulating ..
- Todd E Thiele; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is expressed in brain regions implicated in neurobiological responses to alcohol and NPY protects ..
- KRISTEN ELIZABETH PLEIL; Fiscal Year: 2014..These changes can lead to a dysregulated stress response, increased levels of anxiety, and relapse behavior. Neuropeptide Y (NPY) signaling is one endogenous neurochemical system that modulates alcohol drinking and anxiety-related ..
- Renu Sah; Fiscal Year: 2016..Abnormalities in the stress regulatory systems of the body are also found in PTSD. Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is a major transmitter that is linked to the regulation of stress and anxiety, and has been recognized ..
- Role of neuropeptide Y in diabetes and obesityYumi Imai; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interestingly, neuropeptide Y (NPY), the peptide in the brain that is known to play a role in the development of obesity, is also found in ..
- Ethanol-Induced Locomotor Sensitization: NPY Signaling and Chromatin RemodelingGRETCHEN MARIE SPROW; Fiscal Year: 2012Recent evidence has implicated neuropeptide Y (NPY) in modulating neurobiological responses to ethanol...
- Stress and Platelet NPY in Vascular RemodelingJohn W Osborn; Fiscal Year: 2012..we found such inflammatory atherosclerotic-like lesions post-angioplasty in rats treated perivascularly with neuropeptide Y (NPY), a sympathetic co-transmitter and vascular mitogen...
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Alcohol DependenceNicholas W Gilpin; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. corticotropin- releasing factor [CRF], neuropeptide Y [NPY], and norepinephrine [NE]) and ubiquitous in these limbic circuits are similarly and additively ..
- AMANDA MALINA BARKLEY-LEVENSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is one system that has been implicated in alcohol consumption in both humans and animal models...
- SYMPATHETIC FIBER MODULATION OF NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATIONKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to evaluate the hypothesis that norepinephrine (NE) and neuropeptide Y (NPY), substances released from terminals of sympathetic fibers, inhibit the initiation of neurogenic ..
- Thomas L Kash; Fiscal Year: 2016..Here, we propose to characterize the impact of chronic alcohol exposure on anti-stress systems, specifically neuropeptide Y (NPY) and GABAergic neuroactive steroids, in the amygdala and extended amygdala, brain regions critical for ..
- Neuropeptide Regulation Vasopressin/Oxytocin SecretionCELIA SLADEK; Fiscal Year: 2006..In evaluating the responses to agents colocalized in the A1 catecholamine neurons (e.g. norepinephrine, ATP, neuropeptide Y (NPY), and substance P (SP), we found evidence for differential potentiation of hormone release by these ..
- Evaluation of Neuropeptide Y as a Target for Cocaine-Dependence TreatmentALEXIS CASSANDRA THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Functional characteristics of the neurotransmitter neuropeptide Y (NPY) suggest that the development of medicinal drugs that target NPY neurotransmission will be effective in ..
- Discovery of potent and selective neuropeptide Y Y2 receptor antagonist probesEdward Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2013..of this application is the identification of novel high affinity and selective functional antagonists of the neuropeptide Y Y2 receptor subtype...
- Integration of photic and nonphotic signaling in the circadian pacemakerKaren L Gamble; Fiscal Year: 2011..the day, and (3) determine whether the neurophysiological and molecular effects of the nonphotic transmitter, neuropeptide Y (NPY), vary across the circadian cycie...
- GENETICS OF NEUROPEPTIDE Y FUNCTIONRICHARD PALMITER; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (applicant's abstract): Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has been implicated in the regulation of appetite and energy balance because (a) centrally administered NPY stimulates robust feeding, (b) NPY mRNA and protein levels rise in the ..
- BAROREFLEX AND POSTERIOR HYPOTHALAMIC NEUROPEPTIDE-YJohn Martin; Fiscal Year: 1991DESCRIPTION: (adapted from the abstract) The working hypothesis of this proposal is that neuropeptide Y (NPY) and the cholinergic system of the posterior hypothalamic nucleus (PHN) plays a role in the regulation of the cardiovascular ..
- STRUCTURES OF RNA BINDING PROTEINS FROM INFLUENZA VIRUSGaetano Montelione; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY), a 36, residue peptide amide initially isolated from porcine brain, is a member of a family of ..
- NEUROPEPTIDE Y MODULATION OF ADRENOMEDULLARY SECRETIONTERRY HEXUM; Fiscal Year: 1993..Pilot studies have shown that low concentrations (1 X 10-8 M) of neuropeptide Y (NPY) inhibit nicotine stimulated adrenomedullary secretion...
- Y Receptor In and Cardiovascular Function From the PHNJohn Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..the Y receptor subtype stimulated in the posterior hypothalamic nucleus (PHN) by the pancreatic polypeptide neuropeptide Y (NPY) that mediates increases in mean arterial pressure (MAP) and heart rate (HR), and to explore the ..
- Neuropeptide Y Receptors and Hypothalamic FunctionJANICE URBAN; Fiscal Year: 2006b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) receptors in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus (PVN) process information from NPY afferents relaying sensory, cardiovascular and endocrine information from the brainstem and hypothalamus...
- LEPTIN & NEUROPEPTIDE-Y ALTERS FETAL SWALLOWING ACTIVITYMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, these studies represent a model to examine the development and function of neuronal pathways and mechanisms which regulate fetal physiology. ..
- NPY AND ATP COTRANMISSION IN CHROMAFFIN CELLSTERRY HEXUM; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Neuropeptide Y (NPY) exerts a variety of effects including increased blood pressure and food intake and decreased anxiety. The increase in blood pressure occurs in conjunction with co- existing transmitters such as ATP and norepinephrine...