Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: neurogenin 3
Description: neurogenin 3
Alias: Atoh5, Math4B, NGN-3, bHLHa7, ngn3, neurogenin-3, class A basic helix-loop-helix protein 7, protein atonal homolog 5
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- neurogenin3 is required for the development of the four endocrine cell lineages of the pancreasG Gradwohl
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Louis Pasteur, F 67404 Illkirch, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:1607-11. 2000..neurogenin3 (ngn3) is a member of a family of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors that is involved in the determination of ..
- neurogenins, a novel family of atonal-related bHLH transcription factors, are putative mammalian neuronal determination genes that reveal progenitor cell heterogeneity in the developing CNS and PNSL Sommer
Division of Biology 216 76, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, 91125, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 8:221-41. 1996..Cell 87: 43-52, 1996). Here we identify two additional ngn's, ngn2 and ngn3, which together define a novel subfamily of atonal-related mouse genes...
- Mutations in the coding region of the neurogenin 3 gene (NEUROG3) are not a common cause of maturity-onset diabetes of the young in Japanese subjectsL Del Bosque-Plata
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Diabetes 50:694-6. 2001..b>Neurogenin 3 is a bHLH transcription factor that is expressed in the developing central nervous system and the embryonic ..
- Recapitulation of embryonic neuroendocrine differentiation in adult human pancreatic duct cells expressing neurogenin 3Yves Heremans
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Cell Biol 159:303-12. 2002..cells after ectopic, adenovirus-mediated expression of the class B basic helix-loop-helix factor neurogenin 3 (ngn3), which is a critical factor in embryogenesis of the mouse endocrine pancreas...
- Neurogenin3 activates the islet differentiation program while repressing its own expressionStuart B Smith
Diabetes Center, Hormone Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California 94143 0534, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:142-9. 2004..In summary, while Neurogenin3 orchestrates islet cell differentiation by activating islet cell transcription factor genes, it simultaneously represses its own promoter...
- IA1 is NGN3-dependent and essential for differentiation of the endocrine pancreasGeorg Mellitzer
INSERM U682, Development and Physiopathology of the Intestine and Pancreas, Universite Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
EMBO J 25:1344-52. 2006b>Neurogenin 3 (Ngn3) is key for endocrine cell specification in the embryonic pancreas and induction of a neuroendocrine cell differentiation program by misexpression in adult pancreatic duct cells...
- Mutant neurogenin-3 in congenital malabsorptive diarrheaJiafang Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Mattel Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
N Engl J Med 355:270-80. 2006..The NEUROG3 gene (NEUROG3) is therefore a candidate for the cause of a newly discovered autosomal recessive disorder characterized by generalized malabsorption and a paucity of enteroendocrine cells...
- Polymorphic variations in the neurogenic differentiation-1, neurogenin-3, and hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha genes contribute to glucose intolerance in a South Indian populationAlan E Jackson
Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Medicine, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, UK
Diabetes 53:2122-5. 2004..002). In conclusion, we observed a combined effect of variations in NEUROD1, NEUROG3, and TCF1 in contributing to overall glucose intolerance in a South Indian population...
- Expression of Groucho/TLE proteins during pancreas developmentBrad G Hoffman
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, BC Cancer Research Center, 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1L3, Canada
BMC Dev Biol 8:81. 2008..Moreover, little is known about the ability of Gro/TLE proteins to interact with transcription factors in the pancreas...
- Expression in murine teratocarcinoma F9 cells of transcription factors involved in pancreas developmentL O'Driscoll
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin, Ireland
Transplant Proc 36:1151-8. 2004..This study sought to differentiate a murine teratocarcinoma cell line, F9, to endodermal-like cells and, subsequently; to investigate the effects of regulated expression of transcription factors in pancreas development...
- Regulation of pancreatic endocrine cell differentiation by sulphated proteoglycansS Zertal-Zidani
University Paris Descartes, Faculty of Medicine, INSERM, Necker Hospital, EMI 363, 75730, Paris Cedex 15, France
Diabetologia 50:585-95. 2007..Here, we investigated the role played by sulphated proteoglycans, which are known to be essential to embryonic development, in this inhibitory effect...
- Pancreatic hypoplasia presenting with neonatal diabetes mellitus in association with congenital heart defect and developmental delayM Balasubramanian
Sheffield Clinical Genetics Service, Sheffield Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield, UK
Am J Med Genet A 152:340-6. 2010..Investigations included sequencing of GCK, ABCC8, IPF1, NEUROD1, PTF1A, HNF1B, INS, ISL1, NGN3, HHEX, G6PC2, TCF7L2, SOX4, FOXP3 (Patients 1 and 2), GATA4 and KCNJ11 genes (all three patients), but no mutations ..
- Islet neogenesis from the constitutively nestin expressing human umbilical cord matrix derived mesenchymal stem cellsSachin S Kadam
National Center for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune, India
Islets 2:112-20. 2010..Real time qPCR analysis of newly generated islets further demonstrated abundance of Pdx-1, Ngn3, insulin, glucagon and somatostatin transcripts...
- Sox3 expression in undifferentiated spermatogonia is required for the progression of spermatogenesisGerald Raverot
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Molecular Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 2908, USA
Dev Biol 283:215-25. 2005..Sox3 expression was restricted to proliferating germ cells and colocalized with neurogenin 3 (Ngn3), a helix-loop-helix transcription factor implicated in spermatogonial differentiation...
- The pluripotency factor LIN28 marks undifferentiated spermatogonia in mouseKe Zheng
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
BMC Dev Biol 9:38. 2009....
- [Construction and identification of recombinant retroviral vector of human ngn3 gene and its packaging cell line]Yuankui Chu
Shaanxi Branch of National Stem Cell Engineering and Technology Center, Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Agriculture, College of Animal Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:448-53. 2010In order to construct the recombinant retrovirus vector of human ngn3 gene and its packaging cell line, we successfully amplified the open reading frame (ORF) of ngn3 gene from human fetal pancreatic tissue by RT-PCR...
- Neurogenin3 delineates the earliest stages of spermatogenesis in the mouse testisShosei Yoshida
Department of Pathology and Tumor Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Dev Biol 269:447-58. 2004..In this study, we demonstrate that a class B basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor neurogenin3 (ngn3) is expressed specifically in A(s), A(pr), and A(al) spermatogonia because ngn3 is expressed in c-Kit negative ..
- Transgene expression level and inherent differences in target gene activation determine the rate and fate of neurogenin3-mediated islet cell differentiation in vitroMichael I Boretti
Department of Bioengineering, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Tissue Eng 13:775-88. 2007..One such transcription factor, neurogenin3 (Ngn3), plays a critical role in islet cell development in vivo...
- Identification of transcripts with enriched expression in the developing and adult pancreasBrad G Hoffman
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, BC Cancer Research Center, West 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1L3, Canada
Genome Biol 9:R99. 2008....
- Neurog3 gene dosage regulates allocation of endocrine and exocrine cell fates in the developing mouse pancreasSui Wang
Program in Developmental Biology and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 465 21st Avenue South, Rm 4128, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Biol 339:26-37. 2010The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor Neurog3 (Neurogenin3 or Ngn3) actively drives endodermal progenitor cells towards endocrine islet cell differentiation during embryogenesis...
- Expression of neuropeptide Y and agouti-related peptide in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus of newborn neurogenin3 null mutant miceYuta Arai
Department of Anatomy, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, 228 8555, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 340:137-45. 2010Mice deficient in neurogenin 3 (Ngn3) fail to generate pancreatic endocrine cells and intestinal endocrine cells...
- In-vitro differentiation of pancreatic beta-cellsB Soria
Institute of Bioengineering and Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain
Differentiation 68:205-19. 2001..islet precursor cells from embryonic stem cells include the expression of relevant transcription factors (Pdx1, Ngn3, Isl-1, etc), together with the use of extracellular factors...
- Pancreatic transcription factors and their role in the birth, life and survival of the pancreatic beta cellAndreia S Bernardo
University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 294:1-9. 2008..these factors, Pdx1 plays a critical role in defining the region of the primitive gut that will form the pancreas, Ngn3 expression drives cells towards an endocrine lineage, and a number of additional proteins including Pdx1, in a ..
- Differentiation of human umbilical cord blood-derived mononuclear cells to endocrine pancreatic lineageVishal S Parekh
Stem Cells and Diabetes Section, Lab 12, National Center for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind Road, Pune, MH 411007, India
Differentiation 78:232-40. 2009..cells grown out by in vitro culture of isolated MNCs express key pancreatic transcription factors: pdx1, ngn3, isl1, brn4 and pax6...
- NeuroD and reaggregation induce beta-cell specific gene expression in cultured hepatocytesShigeru Yatoh
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 23:239-49. 2007..Our goal was to convert adult mouse hepatocytes to pancreatic beta-cells...
- Generation of insulin-producing islet-like clusters from human embryonic stem cellsJianjie Jiang
Cell Therapy Research, Geron Corporation, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Stem Cells 25:1940-53. 2007..Soon thereafter, expression of Ptf1a and Ngn3 was detected, indicative of further pancreatic differentiation...
- Pancreatic endocrine and exocrine cell ontogeny from renal capsule transplanted embryonic stem cells in streptozocin-injured miceMaho Kodama
Section for Studies on Metastasis, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Tsukiji, 5 Chome, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 56:33-44. 2008..PDX-1, Nkx6.1, Ngn3, and ISL-1 protein localization patterns in pancreatic foci were comparable with embryonic pancreatogenesis...
- Mesenchymal stem cells derived from human exocrine pancreas express transcription factors implicated in beta-cell developmentReto M Baertschiger
Department of Surgery, Surgical Research Unit, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Pancreas 37:75-84. 2008..The aim of this study was to isolate, expand, and characterize cells from human exocrine pancreas and analyze their potential to differentiate into beta cells...
- Oct4 is expressed in Nestin-positive cells as a marker for pancreatic endocrine progenitorHong Wang
Stem Cell Research Center, Health Science Center, Peking University, No 38 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Histochem Cell Biol 131:553-63. 2009..was not co-expressed with Chromogranin A (a peptide expressed in endocrine cells), but partially co-expressed with Ngn3 (a transcription factor expressed in pancreatic endocrine precursor cells) and Nestin (a intermediate filament, ..
- The heterogeneity of spermatogonia is revealed by their topology and expression of marker proteins including the germ cell-specific proteins Nanos2 and Nanos3Hitomi Suzuki
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo Bunkyo, Hongo, Tokyo, 113 0033, Japan
Dev Biol 336:222-31. 2009..we find that A(s) and A(pr) can be basically classified into three categories: (1) GFRalpha1(+)Nanos2(+)Nanos3(-)Ngn3(-), (2) GFRalpha1(+)Nanos2(+)Nanos3(+)Ngn3(-), and (3) GFRalpha1(-)Nanos2(+/-)Nanos3(+)Ngn3(+)...
- Conditional control of the differentiation competence of pancreatic endocrine and ductal cells by Fgf10Sune Kobberup
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1775 N Ursula Dr, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mech Dev 127:220-34. 2010..Sustained Fgf10 expression caused irreversible loss of Ngn3 expression, which may underlie the loss of endocrine competence...
- Oxygen tension regulates pancreatic beta-cell differentiation through hypoxia-inducible factor 1alphaMylène Heinis
INSERM U845, Research Center Growth and Signalling, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Diabetes 59:662-9. 2010..Variations of pO2 are mediated through the hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF), a crucial mediator of the adaptative response of cells to hypoxia. The aim of this study was to investigate the role of pO2 in beta-cell differentiation...
- Differentiation of dental pulp stem cells into islet-like aggregatesV Govindasamy
Stempeutics Research Malaysia Sdn Bhd, 773817 K, Lot G E 2A, Enterprise 4, Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Dent Res 90:646-52. 2011..was confirmed as islets by dithiozone-positive staining, as well as by expression of C-peptide, Pdx-1, Pax4, Pax6, Ngn3, and Isl-1...
- Triple genetic variation in the HNF-4alpha gene is associated with early-onset type 2 diabetes mellitus in a philippino familyClaudia Gragnoli
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Metabolism 53:959-63. 2004..2 diabetes and screened the proband for mutations in the genes for HNF-1alpha, GCK, HNF-4alpha, IPF-1, HNF-6, and NGN3. We identified a new missense mutation in exon 5 (V199I) of the HNF-4alpha gene and 2 new single-nucleotide ..
- Expression of Pax4 in embryonic stem cells promotes differentiation of nestin-positive progenitor and insulin-producing cellsPrzemyslaw Blyszczuk
In Vitro Differentiation Group, Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:998-1003. 2003..In Pax4 overexpressing R1 ES cells, isl-1, ngn3, insulin, islet amyloid polypeptide, and glucose transporter 2 (Glut-2) mRNA levels increase significantly...
- Neurogenin 3-expressing progenitor cells in the gastrointestinal tract differentiate into both endocrine and non-endocrine cell typesSusan E Schonhoff
Division of Gastroenterology, GRASP Digestive Disease Center, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Dev Biol 270:443-54. 2004Mice deficient for the transcription factor neurogenin 3 (ngn3) fail to develop endocrine cells in the intestine and pancreas and show partial endocrine differentiation in the stomach...
- Expression of Pdx1 mediates differentiation from mesenchymal stem cells into insulin-producing cellsHuijuan Yuan
Department of Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, 40 Daxue Road, Zhengzhou, 450052, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 37:4023-31. 2010..In addition, we uncovered the close relationships among the expression of Pdx1, insulin and Ngn3 genes, whose expression indicated parallel changes after high glucose challenge, and the fluctuation of Pdx1 and ..
- Human placenta-derived mesenchymal stem cells and islet-like cell clusters generated from these cells as a novel source for stem cell therapy in diabetesSachin Kadam
National Center for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, MS, India
Rev Diabet Stud 7:168-82. 2010..Additionally, ILCs also showed abundance of pancreatic transcription factors ngn3 and isl1. Both undifferentiated hPDMSCs and ILCs exihibited insulin secretion in response to glucose...
- Differentiating of banked human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells into insulin-secreting cellsPham Van Phuc
Laboratory of Stem Cell Research and Application, University of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 47:54-63. 2011..chain reaction (RT-PCR) to analyze the expression of functional genes, the result showed that Nestin, Pdx-1, Ngn3, Ils-1, Pax6, Pax4, Nkx2.2, Nkx6.1, Glut-2, Insulin genes expressed...
- Regulation of the pancreatic islet-specific gene BETA2 (neuroD) by neurogenin 3H P Huang
Department of Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:3292-307. 2000..We demonstrated that the expression of neurogenin 3 (ngn3), an islet- and neuron-specific basic-helix-loop-helix transcription factor, partially overlaps that of ..
- Neurogenin 3 recruits CBP co-activator to facilitate histone H3/H4 acetylation in the target gene INSM1Mary B Breslin
The Research Institute for Children, Children s Hospital in New Orleans, 200 Henry Clay Avenue, Research and Education Building, Rm 2211, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
FEBS Lett 581:949-54. 2007INSM1 is a downstream target gene of neurogenin 3 (ngn3)...
- Efficient transformation of small hepatocytes into insulin-expressing cells by forced expression of Pdx1Hiroyuki Kawasaki
Department of Surgery I, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, S 1, W 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8543, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:403-9. 2008..The focus of our study was to compare the efficacy of the transformation into pancreatic endocrine cells of SHs and mature hepatocytes (MHs)...
- Adult mouse intrahepatic biliary epithelial cells induced in vitro to become insulin-producing cellsMasaki Nagaya
Research Division, Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Endocrinol 201:37-47. 2009..This approach may lead to a new source of beta-cells that can be used for transplantation in diabetes...
- Human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells differentiate into insulin-producing cells upon microenvironmental manipulation in vitroQiu Ping Xie
Department of Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province 310009, PR China
Differentiation 77:483-91. 2009..1, ISL-1, Beta2/Neurod, Glut2, Pax6, nestin, PDX-1, ngn3, insulin and glucagon). The coexpression of insulin and c-peptide was observed in IPCs by immunofluorescence...
- Rejection reversibly alters enteroendocrine cell renewal in the transplanted small intestineT M Fishbein
Transplant Institute, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Transplant 9:1620-8. 2009..Deficiency of the mature EECs appears to occur as a consequence of a mechanism that depletes NEUROG3 EEC progenitors. Our study highlights the dynamics of the EEC lineage during acute intestinal rejection...
- Generation of pancreatic hormone-expressing islet-like cell aggregates from murine adipose tissue-derived stem cellsVikash Chandra
National Centre for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune, India
Stem Cells 27:1941-53. 2009..and cytokeratin [CK]-19), then into pancreatic endoderm (cells expressing pancreatic and duodenal homeobox [PDX]-1, Ngn3, NeuroD, Pax4, and glucose transporter 2), and finally into cells expressing pancreatic hormones (insulin, glucagon,..
- Alpha cell-specific Men1 ablation triggers the transdifferentiation of glucagon-expressing cells and insulinoma developmentJieLi Lu
Laboratoire Génétique Moléculaire, Signalisation et Cancer, Centre National de Recherche Scientifique, UMR5201, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon1, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Gastroenterology 138:1954-65. 2010..The purpose of the current study was to address this issue in relation to islet tumor histogenesis...
- Enteroendocrine cell dysgenesis and malabsorption, a histopathologic and immunohistochemical characterizationGalen Cortina
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Hum Pathol 38:570-80. 2007..The histopathology of disease is similar to what has been found transiently in a single patient with autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type I...
- Origin of pancreatic endocrine cells from biliary duct epitheliumD Eberhard
Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Bath, UK
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:3467-80. 2008..factors Pdx1, HNF6 and Sox9 is widespread, as is Hes1, which represses endocrine development, while that of Ngn3, which is a proendocrine transcription factor, is transient, consistent with an early stage of endocrine cell ..
- Independent development of pancreatic alpha- and beta-cells from neurogenin3-expressing precursors: a role for the notch pathway in repression of premature differentiationJ Jensen
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetes 49:163-76. 2000..this study, we have identified a subset of the PDX1+ epithelial cells that are marked by expression of Neurogenin3 (Ngn3)...
- Myt1 and Ngn3 form a feed-forward expression loop to promote endocrine islet cell differentiationSui Wang
Program in Developmental Biology, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, 465 21st Avenue South, Rm 4128, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Biol 317:531-40. 2008High levels of Ngn3 expression in pancreatic progenitor cells are both necessary and sufficient to initiate endocrine differentiation...
- Sustained Neurog3 expression in hormone-expressing islet cells is required for endocrine maturation and functionSui Wang
Program in Developmental Biology and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9715-20. 2009Neurog3 (Neurogenin 3 or Ngn3) is both necessary and sufficient to induce endocrine islet cell differentiation from embryonic pancreatic progenitors...
- OVO homologue-like 1 (Ovol1) transcription factor: a novel target of neurogenin-3 in rodent pancreasA Vetere
Section of Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetologia 53:115-22. 2010The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor neurogenin-3 (NGN3) commits the fates of pancreatic progenitors to endocrine cell types, but knowledge of the mechanisms regulating the choice between proliferation and differentiation of ..
- Neurogenin 3 cellular and subcellular localization in the developing and adult hippocampusJulia Simon-Areces
Instituto Cajal, CSIC, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Comp Neurol 518:1814-24. 2010b>Neurogenin 3 (Ngn3), a proneural gene controlled by the Notch receptor, is implicated in the control of dendrite morphology and synaptic plasticity of cultured hippocampal neurons...
- Novel effectors of directed and Ngn3-mediated differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into endocrine pancreas progenitorsIoannis Serafimidis
Developmental Biology Laboratory, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Stem Cells 26:3-16. 2008..The transcription factor Ngn3 is required for the specification of the endocrine lineage, but its direct targets and the scope of biological ..
- Rfx6 is an Ngn3-dependent winged helix transcription factor required for pancreatic islet cell developmentJosselin Soyer
Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cell Biology IGBMC, INSERM U 964, CNRS UMR7104, University of Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
Development 137:203-12. 2010The transcription factor neurogenin 3 (Neurog3 or Ngn3) controls islet cell fate specification in multipotent pancreatic progenitor cells in the mouse embryo...
- Notch signaling controls multiple steps of pancreatic differentiationL Charles Murtaugh
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14920-5. 2003..Furthermore, endocrine differentiation is associated with escape from this activity, because Ngn3-expressing endocrine precursors are susceptible to Notch inhibition, whereas fully differentiated endocrine cells ..
- Generation of insulin-producing cells from gnotobiotic porcine skin-derived stem cellsJi Hoon Yang
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Bio Organ Research Center, Konkuk University, Seoul 143 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 397:679-84. 2010..15days in the differentiation medium, controlled gSDSCs began expressing endocrine progenitor genes and proteins (Ngn3, Neuro-D, PDX-1, NKX2.2, NKX6.1, and insulin)...
- Differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into endoderm without embryoid body formationPeter T W Kim
Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e14146. 2010..including insulin I, insulin II, C-peptide, PDX-1, carboxypeptidase E, pan-cytokeratin, amylase, glucagon, PAX6, Ngn3 and Nkx6.1...
- Distinct ATOH1 and Neurog3 requirements define tuft cells as a new secretory cell type in the intestinal epitheliumFrançois Gerbe
CNRS UMR5203, Montpellier F 34094, France
J Cell Biol 192:767-80. 2011....
- Novel pancreatic endocrine maturation pathways identified by genomic profiling and causal reasoningAlex Gutteridge
Pfizer Regenerative Medicine, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e56024. 2013..2...
- Taurine supplementation ameliorates glucose homeostasis, prevents insulin and glucagon hypersecretion, and controls β, α, and δ-cell masses in genetic obese miceJunia C Santos-Silva
Departamento de Biologia Estrutural e Funcional, Instituto de Biologia, e Centro de Pesquisa em Obesidade e Comorbidades, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, C P 6109, Campinas, SP, CEP 13083 970, Brazil
Amino Acids 47:1533-48. 2015..In these islets, expression of the glucagon, GLUT-2 and TRPM5 genes was also restored. Tau also enhanced MafA, Ngn3 and NeuroD mRNA levels in obT islets...
- REST represses a subset of the pancreatic endocrine differentiation programDavid Martin
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Life Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Station 19, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Biol 405:316-27. 2015..Our results show that the transcriptional repressor REST is active in pancreas progenitors where it gates the activation of part of the beta cell differentiation program. ..
- Pancreatic and duodenal homeobox gene 1 (Pdx1) down-regulates hepatic transcription factor 1 alpha (HNF1α) expression during reprogramming of human hepatic cells into insulin-producing cellsWilliam Donelan
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine Gainesville, Florida 32610
Am J Transl Res 7:995-1008. 2015..We produced lentiviruses expressing Pdx1, Pdx1-VP16, and Ngn3, along with dual-color reporter genes to indicate hepatic and pancreatic beta-cell phenotype changes...
- Direct evidence for the pancreatic lineage: NGN3+ cells are islet progenitors and are distinct from duct progenitorsGuoqiang Gu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 129:2447-57. 2002..We have employed an inducible Cre-ER(TM)-LoxP system to indelibly mark the progeny of cells expressing either Ngn3 or Pdx1 at different stages of development...
- Hnf6 and Tcf2 (MODY5) are linked in a gene network operating in a precursor cell domain of the embryonic pancreasMiguel A Maestro
Endocrinology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 12:3307-14. 2003During pancreatic organogenesis endocrine cells arise from non self-renewing progenitors that express Ngn3. The precursors that give rise to Ngn3+ cells are presumably located within duct-like structures...
- Origin of exocrine pancreatic cells from nestin-positive precursors in developing mouse pancreasFarzad Esni
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St Osler 603, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Mech Dev 121:15-25. 2004..Within developing pancreatic epithelium, nestin is co-expressed with pdx1 and p48, but not ngn3. Epithelial nestin expression is extinguished upon differentiation of endocrine and exocrine cell types, and no ..
- Neuroendocrine differentiation in the 12T-10 transgenic prostate mouse model mimics endocrine differentiation of pancreatic beta cellsAparna Gupta
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2765, USA
Prostate 68:50-60. 2008....
- Mash1 is required for neuroendocrine cell development in the glandular stomachHiroshi Kokubu
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Genes Cells 13:41-51. 2008..The bHLH gene Neurogenin3 (Ngn3), which is known to regulate formation of subsets of gastric neuroendocrine cells (gastrin-, glucagon- and ..
- In vitro transformation of adult rat hepatic progenitor cells into pancreatic endocrine hormone-producing cellsHiroyuki Kawasaki
First Department of Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, S 1, W 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8543, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:310-7. 2008..Our goal in this study was to see if small hepatocytes (SHs) could give rise to pancreatic endocrine cells via exogenous Pdx-1 gene expression...
- Homeodomain transcription factor NKX2.2 functions in immature cells to control enteroendocrine differentiation and is expressed in gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumorsYu Cheng Wang
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:267-79. 2009..2 functions in immature endocrine cells to control NE differentiation in normal intestine and is expressed in most NE tumors of the gut, and is therefore a novel target of diagnosis for patients with gastrointestinal NE tumors...
- In vitro expression of NGN3 identifies RAB3B as the predominant Ras-associated GTP-binding protein 3 family member in human isletsKaren Piper Hanley
Endocrinology and Diabetes Group, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University of Manchester, A V Hill Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Endocrinol 207:151-61. 2010b>Neurogenin 3 (NGN3) commits pancreatic progenitors to an islet cell fate. We have induced NGN3 expression and identified upregulation of the gene encoding the Ras-associated small molecular mass GTP-binding protein, RAB3B...
- Transforming growth factor-β induces epithelial to mesenchymal transition and suppresses the proliferation and transdifferentiation of cultured human pancreatic duct cellsJeong Ah Shin
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Cell Biochem 112:179-88. 2011..cell-specific transcription factors including PDX-1, Beta2/NeuroD, Ist-1, and NGN3 were markedly suppressed and the rate of transdifferentiation into β cells was also suppressed...
- Endothelial cells in co-culture enhance embryonic stem cell differentiation to pancreatic progenitors and insulin-producing cells through BMP signalingDodanim Talavera-Adame
Regenerative Medicine Institute and Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, SSB3 Room 319B, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Stem Cell Rev 7:532-43. 2011..An increase in the expression of the pancreatic markers PDX-1, Ngn3, Nkx6.1, proinsulin, GLUT-2, and Ptf1a was observed at the interface between EBs and ECs (EB-EC)...
- Permanent Neonatal Diabetes and Enteric Anendocrinosis Associated With Biallelic Mutations in NEUROG3Oscar Rubio-Cabezas
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Diabetes 60:1349-53. 2011..We hypothesized that null mutations in NEUROG3 might be responsible for the disease in a patient with permanent neonatal diabetes and severe congenital malabsorptive diarrhea...
- Transplanted human bone marrow progenitor subtypes stimulate endogenous islet regeneration and revascularizationGillian I Bell
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Krembil Centre for Stem Cell Biology, Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Stem Cells Dev 21:97-109. 2012..beta cell clusters associated with the ductal epithelium, without evidence of increased islet vascularization or Ngn3(+) endocrine precursor activation...
- Label-free colorimetric immunoassay for the simple and sensitive detection of neurogenin3 using gold nanoparticlesYue Yuan
State Key Laboratory of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 26:4245-8. 2011Neurogenin3 (ngn3), as a marker for pancreatic endocrine precursor cells and an essential ingredient in the development of islet cells, was quantitatively detected for the first time...
- Transcriptional regulation of α-cell differentiationN C Bramswig
Department of Genetics, Institute of Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:13-20. 2011..Many transcription factors, such as neurogenin 3 (Ngn3), pancreatic duodenal homeobox 1 (Pdx1) and regulatory factor x6 (Rfx6), play a crucial role in the ..
- Combined treatment with a dipeptidyl peptidase-IV inhibitor (sitagliptin) and an angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker (losartan) promotes islet regeneration via enhanced differentiation of pancreatic progenitor cellsJ Liang
School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:842-51. 2012..Thus, we evaluated the synergistic/additive effects of these two drugs on the differentiation of islet progenitors...
- Role of BMP signaling in pancreatic progenitor differentiation from human embryonic stem cellsLina Sui
Cell Differentiation Unit, Diabetes Research Center, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090, Brussels, Belgium
Stem Cell Rev 9:569-77. 2013..In this latter condition, part of the progenitors rather generated pro-endocrine cells denoted by NGN3 and synaptophysin expression...
- Biliary tree stem cells, precursors to pancreatic committed progenitors: evidence for possible life-long pancreatic organogenesisYunfang Wang
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Program in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Lineberger Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Stem Cells 31:1966-79. 2013..markers, maintenance of pancreatic genes (PDX1), and expression of markers of pancreatic endocrine maturation (NGN3, MUC6, and insulin)...
- VMAT2 identified as a regulator of late-stage β-cell differentiationDaisuke Sakano
Department of Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Nat Chem Biol 10:141-8. 2014..of late-stage differentiation of Pdx1-positive pancreatic progenitor cells into Neurog3 (referred to henceforth as Ngn3)-positive endocrine precursors...
- Expression pattern of Ngn3 in dairy goat testis and its function in promoting meiosis by upregulating Stra8F Tang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Shaanxi Centre of Stem Cells Engineering and Technology, Key Lab for Animal Biotechnology of Agriculture Ministry of China, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, 712100, China
Cell Prolif 47:38-47. 2014b>Ngn3 is a typical transcription factor and marker of differentiating spermatogonial stem cells (SSCs) in mouse, belonging to the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) family...
- Mangiferin facilitates islet regeneration and β-cell proliferation through upregulation of cell cycle and β-cell regeneration regulatorsHai Lian Wang
School of Life Sciences and Key Laboratory of Bio resources, Ministry of Education, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
Int J Mol Sci 15:9016-35. 2014..addition, critical genes related to β-cell regeneration, such as pancreatic and duodenal homeobox 1 (PDX-1), neurogenin 3 (Ngn3), glucose transporter 2 (GLUT-2), Forkhead box protein O1 (Foxo-1), and glucokinase (GCK), were found to ..
- Insm1 promotes endocrine cell differentiation by modulating the expression of a network of genes that includes Neurog3 and Ripply3Anna B Osipovich
Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development 141:2939-49. 2014....
- Progenitor cell niches in the human pancreatic duct system and associated pancreatic duct glands: an anatomical and immunophenotyping studyGuido Carpino
Division of Health Sciences, Department of Movement, Human and Health Sciences, University of Rome Foro Italico, Rome, Italy
J Anat 228:474-86. 2016..Sox9(+) PDG cells proved to be Pdx1(+) /Ngn3(+/-) /Oct4A(-) . Nearly 10% of PDG cells were positive for insulin or glucagon...
- Downregulation of expression of mater genes SOX9, FOXA2, and GATA4 in pancreatic cancer cells stimulated with TGFβ1 epithelial-mesenchymal transitionL G Kondratyeva
Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Miklukho Maklaya 16 10, Moscow, 117997, Russia
Dokl Biochem Biophys 469:257-9. 2016..Our results indicate the absence of induction of expression of PTF1A, PDX1, HNF1b, NEUROG3, RPBJL, NKX6.1, and ONECUT1 genes, which are inactive in PANC1 cell line after the EMT stimulated by TGFβ1. ..
- Pancreatic β-Cells Express the Fetal Islet Hormone Gastrin in Rodent and Human DiabetesTehila Dahan
Department of Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, The Institute for Medical Research Israel Canada, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Diabetes 66:426-436. 2017..These results reveal the fetal hormone gastrin as a novel marker for reversible human β-cell reprogramming in diabetes...
- A possible role for the canonical Wnt pathway in endocrine cell development in chicksAnna Hauntoft Pedersen
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, Niels Steensensvej 6, DK2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 333:961-8. 2005..Overexpression with a constitutive active form of beta-catenin in combination with Ngn3 resulted in reduced numbers of glucagon cells...
- Analysis of pancreatic endocrine development in GDF11-deficient miceDarwin S Dichmann
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Denmark
Dev Dyn 235:3016-25. 2006..Notably, NGN3(+) endocrine precursor cells are increased fourfold at E18, although the amount of endocrine cells in the pancreas ..
- The transcription factors Nkx6.1 and Nkx6.2 possess equivalent activities in promoting beta-cell fate specification in Pdx1+ pancreatic progenitor cellsShelley B Nelson
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California at Irvine, 4203 McGaugh Hall, Irvine, CA 92697 2300, USA
Development 134:2491-500. 2007..in multipotential Pdx1(+) pancreatic progenitors, whereas no rescue was observed upon expression in committed Ngn3(+) (Neurog3(+)) endocrine progenitors...
- In vivo reprogramming of adult pancreatic exocrine cells to beta-cellsQiao Zhou
Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 455:627-32. 2008..key developmental regulators in vivo, we identify a specific combination of three transcription factors (Ngn3 (also known as Neurog3) Pdx1 and Mafa) that reprograms differentiated pancreatic exocrine cells in adult mice into ..
- Xenopus insm1 is essential for gastrointestinal and pancreatic endocrine cell developmentLori Dawn Horb
Laboratory of Molecular Organogenesis, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, QC Canada
Dev Dyn 238:2505-10. 2009..In addition, we place insm1 downstream of ngn3 and upstream of pax6 and neuroD in the endocrine cell transcription factor cascade...
- Sox9+ ductal cells are multipotent progenitors throughout development but do not produce new endocrine cells in the normal or injured adult pancreasJanel L Kopp
Department of Pediatrics and Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0695, USA
Development 138:653-65. 2011..pancreatic injury by partial duct ligation (PDL) has been suggested to induce β-cell regeneration from a transient Ngn3(+) endocrine progenitor cell population...
- Multipotent stem/progenitor cells in human biliary tree give rise to hepatocytes, cholangiocytes, and pancreatic isletsVincenzo Cardinale
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, Biomedical Engineering, Program in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, UNC School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Hepatology 54:2159-72. 2011..They express endodermal transcription factors (e.g., Sox9, SOX17, FOXA2, PDX1, HES1, NGN3, PROX1) intranuclearly, stem/progenitor surface markers (EpCAM, NCAM, CD133, CXCR4), and sometimes weakly adult ..
- Agaricus bisporus lectins mediates islet β-cell proliferation through regulation of cell cycle proteinsYi Wang
School of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610064, China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 237:287-96. 2012..Moreover, the expression of PDX-1 (pancreatic and duodenal homeobox 1), Ngn3 (neurogenin 3), insulin, GLUT-1 (glucose transporter 1) and glucokinase was also increased in the ABL-treated mice...
- Glis3 regulates neurogenin 3 expression in pancreatic β-cells and interacts with its activator, Hnf6Yong Sik Kim
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Soonchunhyang University, Cheonan 314 864, Korea
Mol Cells 34:193-200. 2012..In this study, we provide evidence that Glis3 regulates Neurogenin 3 (Ngn3) through its distal promoter region...
- Notch signaling differentially regulates the cell fate of early endocrine precursor cells and their maturing descendants in the mouse pancreas and intestineHui Joyce Li
Division of Gastroenterology Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Dev Biol 371:156-69. 2012..Notch did not preclude the differentiation of a limited number of endocrine cells in either organ when activated in Ngn3(+) precursor cells...
- Pax4 acts as a key player in pancreas development and plasticityTiziana Napolitano
INSERM U1091, CNRS U7277, iBV, Diabetes Genetics Team, FR 06108 Nice, France Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Laboratoire de Génétique du Développement Normal et Pathologique, FR 06108 Nice, France
Semin Cell Dev Biol 44:107-14. 2015..These findings have clearly widened our understanding regarding pancreatic development, but they also open new research avenues in the context of diabetes research. ..
- In vitro reprogramming of rat bmMSCs into pancreatic endocrine-like cellsHong tu Li
Department of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Key Laboratory of Cell Biology of Ministry of Public Health, China Medical University, No 77 Puhe Road, Shenyang North New Area, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, 110013, China
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim . 2016..pathway towards the islet lineages by improving our previous strategy and by overexpression of Ngn3 (neurogenin 3) and NeuroD1 (neurogenic differentiation 1), critical regulators of the development of endocrine pancreas...
- Single cell transcriptomic profiling of mouse pancreatic progenitorsDiana E Stanescu
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia
Physiol Genomics . 2016..Expression declined in α cells during late gestation and was absent in the adult islet. Our results suggest SLC38A5 as an early marker of α cell lineage commitment...
- Signaling and Epigenetic Control of Beta Cell Development and RegenerationKenneth S Zaret; Fiscal Year: 2011..Yet the specific combination of extracellular cues that induce PDX1+ pancreatic progenitors to make NGN3+ endocrine progenitors in the embryo, the cues that induce NGN3+ cells to make definitive insulin+ beta cells, and ..
- Guoqiang Gu; Fiscal Year: 2016..High Ngn3 expression in the multipotent pancreatic progenitor cells is critical for islet cell differentiation...
- James M Wells; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): In mice, the basic Helix-loop-helix transcription factor Neurogenin 3 (NEUROG3) is essential for development of the endocrine lineage in both the pancreas and the intestines...
- HNF6 Function in the Pancreatic Endocrine LineageMaureen A Gannon; Fiscal Year: 2010..HNF6 activated expression of the critical proendocrine transcription factor, ngn3 (ngn3 mutant mice lack all pancreatic endocrine cells)...
- A Novel Multiplexed Assay for Rapid Antibody ScreeningSCOTT ALLEN MONSMA; Fiscal Year: 2011..The assays will be formatted in a high throughput, low-cost multiplexed platform that is supported by one touch user friendly software for data analysis and reporting. ..
- Doris A Stoffers; Fiscal Year: 2014..transcription factor with critical regulatory roles in early pancreas development and in the mature ( cell, and on Ngn3, a critical pro-endocrine transcription factor whose transient expression characterizes endocrine progenitors...
- Transcriptional regulatory networks controlling Xenopus pancreas developmentMarko E Horb; Fiscal Year: 2011..changes in gene expression in early pancreatic tissue lacking three specific transcription factors, Ptfia, IA-1 or Ngn3, which our lab has identified in Xenopus...
- Jon M Oatley; Fiscal Year: 2016..male germline, Id4 is the only Id family protein expressed by spermatogonia and the bHLH transcription factors neurogenin 3 (Ngn3) and spermatogenesis and oogenesis helix-loop-helix 1 (Sohlh1) are regulators of early spermatogonial ..
- Random shRNA SelectionRobert B Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2012..for Nanog and Oct4 will be used to identify shRNAs for stem-cell induction, and reporter constructs for NKX2-5 and Ngn3 will be used to identify shRNAs for cardiac and beta-cell differentiation, respectively...
- Phenotypic and Functional Characterization of Beta Cell*Catherine Verfaillie; Fiscal Year: 2004..create mice genetically engineered to express fluorescent makers for specific developmental stages (HNF3- pdx1, Ngn3, Nkx6.1) that can be monitored in live cells derived from such mice...
- A Novel Multiplexed Assay for Rapid Antibody ScreeningBradley H Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Commercial Feasibility Assessment of Pancreatic Islet Progenitor Cell TechnologyKelvin Brockbank; Fiscal Year: 2007..expansion to a level appropriate for treatment of multiple patients with retention of progenitor markers (including Ngn3 and Pdx1) and the ability to form dithizone positive islet-like structures...
- Specification and synaptogenesis of excitatory locomotor neuronsMartyn D Goulding; Fiscal Year: 2011..V3 class of glutamtergic inteneurons by focusing on the function of two known bHLH transcription factors, Mashl and Ngn3. We will examine the function of V3 interneurons in the locomotor behaviors by genetically ablating or silencing ..
- Generation of Insulin-Expressing Cells Using Ectopic ngn3 ExpressionSHEETAL GHELANI; Fiscal Year: 2006..of insulin-expressing cells from our culture system through genetic manipulation of beta cell progenitors using neurogenin 3 (ngn3), which is a transcription factor necessary for pancreatic endocrine development...
- Reversing Autoimmune Diabetes with Gene Therapy Induced Islet NeogenesisVijay K Yechoor; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have successfully used in vivo gene transfer of Ngn3/Betacellulin as a modality to generate insulin-producing islet-like clusters in the liver that reverse diabetes in ..
- Role of Connexins in Beta-Cell Development and FunctionVINCENZINO CIRULLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..of select connexins controlled by either a CMV promoter, or by tissue specific promoters such as the PDX-1, ngn3, and the Insulin promoter...
- Transdifferentiation of hepatocytesLijun Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..using a hydrodynamic-based tail vein injection to deliver the target genes including Pdx-1, Pax-4, NeuroD/Beta2, Ngn3, and Islet I into normal mice and diabetic conditions to determine roles of each gene in the liver to pancreas ..
- Induced islet neogenesis therapy in vivoLawrence Chan; Fiscal Year: 2007..to deliver into the liver of STZ-induced diabetic baboons HDAd containing the islet-specific transcription Neurogenin 3 (Ngn3) and the islet growth factor Etc to induce islet neogenesis with the objective of reversing the diabetes ..
- The Role of Neurogenin 3 in Pancreas DevelopmentCATHERINE MAY; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION: Ngn3 (neurogenin 3) is a bHLH transcription factor expressed in the pancreatic endocrine precursor cells. Ngn3 mRNA is found in the developing pancreas between day 9 and 18.5 of gestation...
- GROWTH VERSUS DIFFERENTIATION IN HUMAN BETA CELLSFred Levine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Positively acting bHLH factors in the endocrine pancreas include Ngn3 and NeuroDI...
- Pancreatic endocrine development and regenerationPalle Serup; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will investigate the mechanisms by which Ngn3 induce generic endocrine- and endocrine subtype-specific differentiation events as well as the mechanisms by which ..
- Islet Neogenesis with Ngn3 Therapy Reverses DiabetesVijay Yechoor; Fiscal Year: 2008..Neurogenin3 (Ngn3) is the transcription factor that initiates the differentiation pathway of the endocrine pancreas and thus is an ..
- Transcription Factors in Neuroendocrine DifferentiationMichael Lan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from this study should help us to define the interplay between the IA-1 zinc-finger transcription factor and other neuroendocrine-specific transcription factors in pancreatic endocrine and neuronal development. ..
- Role of VEGF in Testis MorphogenesisAndrea S Cupp; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Imprint Osmoregulation/Maternally-Dehydrated OffspringMina Desai; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will determine the molecular and cellular mechanism(s) and peripheral renal AVP receptor changes. Finally, we will delineate the critical period during which imprinting of the AVP/osmoregulatory pathway occurs. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Testis DevelopmentANDREA CUPP; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Role of VEGF in Testis Development and FunctionANDREA CUPP; Fiscal Year: 2004....