Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NEGR1
Description: neuronal growth regulator 1
Alias: DMML2433, IGLON4, KILON, Ntra, neuronal growth regulator 1, IgLON family member 4, a kindred of IgLON, neurotractin
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Genome-wide association yields new sequence variants at seven loci that associate with measures of obesityGudmar Thorleifsson
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 41:18-24. 2009..6 x 10(-7). This includes previously identified variants close to or in the FTO, MC4R, BDNF and SH2B1 genes, in addition to variants at seven loci not previously connected with obesity...
- Obesity genes identified in genome-wide association studies are associated with adiposity measures and potentially with nutrient-specific food preferenceFlorianne Bauer
Complex Genetics Section, Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 90:951-9. 2009..New genetic loci, most of which are expressed in the brain, have recently been reported to contribute to the development of obesity. The brain, especially the hypothalamus, is strongly involved in regulating weight and food intake...
- Six new loci associated with body mass index highlight a neuronal influence on body weight regulationCristen J Willer
Genetic Investigation of ANthropometric Traits Consortium
Nat Genet 41:25-34. 2009..FTO and MC4R and identify six additional loci (P < 5 x 10(-8)): TMEM18, KCTD15, GNPDA2, SH2B1, MTCH2 and NEGR1 (where a 45-kb deletion polymorphism is a candidate causal variant)...
- Cumulative effects and predictive value of common obesity-susceptibility variants identified by genome-wide association studiesShengxu Li
MRC Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Metabolic Science, Cambridge, UK
Am J Clin Nutr 91:184-90. 2010..Large-scale genome-wide association studies have identified 12 genetic loci that are robustly associated with body mass index (BMI)...
- Biochemical and ultrastructural analyses of IgLON cell adhesion molecules, Kilon and OBCAM in the rat brainS Miyata
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
Neuroscience 117:645-58. 2003b>Kilon (kindred of IgLON) and opioid-binding cell adhesion molecule belong to the IgLON subgroup of immunoglobulin superfamily together with the limbic system-associated membrane protein and neurotrimin...
- Neurotractin, a novel neurite outgrowth-promoting Ig-like protein that interacts with CEPU-1 and LAMPA Marg
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, D 13092 Berlin, Germany
J Cell Biol 145:865-76. 1999..Using this approach, we identified a novel neural IgSF member, termed neurotractin. This GPI-linked cell surface glycoprotein is composed of three Ig-like domains and belongs to the IgLON ..
- Purification of the alternative sigma factor, sigma 54, from Salmonella typhimurium and characterization of sigma 54-holoenzymeD Popham
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
J Biol Chem 266:19510-8. 1991..We have determined the complete nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding sigma 54 (ntrA) in Salmonella.
- Identification of a gene linked to Rhizobium meliloti ntrA whose product is homologous to a family to ATP-binding proteinsL M Albright
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Bacteriol 171:1932-41. 1989The ntrA gene of Rhizobium meliloti has recently been identified and shown to be required for a diverse set of metabolic functions (C. W. Ronson, B. T. Nixon, L. M. Albright, and F. M. Ausubel, J. Bacteriol. 169:2424-2431, 1987)...
- Initial cloning and sequencing of hydHG, an operon homologous to ntrBC and regulating the labile hydrogenase activity in Escherichia coli K-12K Stoker
Department of Microbiology, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 171:4448-56. 1989..This conclusion is in agreement with the results of Birkmann et al. (A. Birkmann, R. G. Sawers, and A. Böck, Mol. Gen. Genet. 210:535-542, 1987), who demonstrated ntrA dependence for the labile hydrogenase activity.
- Tight linkage of glnA and a putative regulatory gene in Rhizobium leguminosarumS Colonna-Romano
Nucleic Acids Res 15:1951-64. 1987..Upstream of glnA we found an ORF of 111 codons (ORF111) preceded by the consensus sequence for an ntrA-dependent promoter...
- Nucleotide sequence of the regulatory gene xylR of the TOL plasmid from Pseudomonas putidaS Inouye
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Gene 66:301-6. 1988..aa 234-473) corresponds to the region that was proposed to interact with RNA polymerase having a sigma factor, NtrA [Drummond et al., EMBO J. 5 (1986) 441-447]...
- The xylS gene positive regulator of TOL plasmid pWWO: identification, sequence analysis and overproduction leading to constitutive expression of meta cleavage operonN Mermod
Mol Gen Genet 207:349-54. 1987..Interestingly, amino acid sequence homology was also found with sigma factors of E. coli (ntrA and htpR products) and Bacillus subtilis (spoIIG and phage SPOI Gp34 products) and other RNA polymerase core-..
- Nitrogen regulatory locus "glnR" of enteric bacteria is composed of cistrons ntrB and ntrC: identification of their protein productsN McFarland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 78:2135-9. 1981..3.1.2]; mutations were selected as suppressors of glnF (which we propose to rename ntrA), a selection used previously to isolate glnR mutations...
- Symbiotic nitrogen fixation by a nifA deletion mutant of Rhizobium meliloti: the role of an unusual ntrC alleleM Labes
McMaster University, Department of Biology, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Bacteriol 175:2662-73. 1993In the N2-fixing alfalfa symbiont Rhizobium meliloti, the three sigma 54 (NTRA)-dependent positively acting regulatory proteins NIFA, NTRC, and DCTD are required for activation of promoters involved in N2 fixation (pnifHDKE and pfixABCX), ..
- Function of a principal Na(+)/H(+) antiporter, ShaA, is required for initiation of sporulation in Bacillus subtilisS Kosono
Microbiology Laboratory, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Bacteriol 182:898-904. 2000ShaA (sodium/hydrogen antiporter, previously termed YufT [or NtrA]), which is responsible for Na(+)/H(+) antiporter activity, is considered to be the major Na(+) excretion system in Bacillus subtilis...
- Prediction and overview of the RpoN-regulon in closely related species of the RhizobialesBruno Dombrecht
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Genome Biol 3:RESEARCH0076. 2002In the rhizobia, a group of symbiotic Gram-negative soil bacteria, RpoN (sigma54, sigmaN, NtrA) is best known as the sigma factor enabling transcription of the nitrogen fixation genes...
- Gene expression pattern of functional neuronal cells derived from human bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cellsTatiana Tondreau
Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, 121, Bd de Waterloo, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
BMC Genomics 9:166. 2008..Indeed, many studies have demonstrated that MSC can give rise to neuronal cells as well as many tissue-specific cell phenotypes...
- Novel common copy number variation for early onset extreme obesity on chromosome 11q11 identified by a genome-wide analysisIvonne Jarick
Institute of Medical Biometry and Epidemiology, Philipps University of Marburg, Bunsenstraße 3, D 35037 Marburg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 20:840-52. 2011..19; 95% confidence interval = 1.016-1.394). We also replicated two common deletions (near NEGR1 and at chromosome 10q11.22) that have previously been reported to be associated with body weight...
- Aberrations of NEGR1 on 1p31 and MYEOV on 11q13 in neuroblastomaJunko Takita
Department of Cell Therapy and Transplantation, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:1645-50. 2011MYEOV and NEGR1 are novel candidate gene targets in neuroblastoma that were identified by chromosomal gain in 11q13 and loss in 1p31, respectively, through single nucleotide polymorphism array analysis...
- Susceptibility variants for obesity and colorectal cancer risk: the multiethnic cohort and PAGE studiesUnhee Lim
Epidemiology Program, University of Hawaii Cancer Center, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Int J Cancer 131:E1038-43. 2012..single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in 15 loci (BDNF, FAIM2, FTO, GNPDA2, KCTD15, LYPLAL1, MC4R, MSRA, MTCH2, NEGR1, NRXN3, SEC16B, SH2B1, TFAP2B and TMEM18) were genotyped in a case-control study of 2,033 colorectal cancer cases ..
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles alter expression of obesity and T2D-associated risk genes in human adipocytesS Sharifi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, W J Kolff Institute, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Sci Rep 3:2173. 2013..mRNA of GULP1, SLC30A8, NEGR1, SEC16B, MTCH2, MAF, MC4R, and TMEM195 were severely induced, whereas INSIG2, NAMPT, MTMR9, PFKP, KCTD15, LPL and ..
- Psychiatric patient stratification using biosignatures based on cerebrospinal fluid protein expression clustersGiuseppina Maccarrone
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 2, D 80804 Munich, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 47:1572-80. 2013..At the same time several protein sets that play a role in neuronal growth, proliferation and differentiation (NEGR1, NPDC1), neurotransmission (SEZ6) and protection from oxidative damage (GPX3) were able to distinguish diseased ..
- Renal replacement therapy in acute poisonings--one center experienceMiroslav Mydlik
IVth Internal Clinic, University Hospital of L Pasteur and Medical School of P J Safárik University, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Przegl Lek 70:381-5. 2013..of patients with the kidney damage were presented from the diagnostic, differential diagnostic, conservative, ntra- and extracorporeal elimination treatment point of view...
- Redox signaling mediates the expression of a sulfate-deprivation-inducible microRNA395 in ArabidopsisGuru Jagadeeswaran
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, 740748, USA
Plant J 77:85-96. 2014..in cad2 mutant (deficient in GSH biosynthesis) that is defective in glutaredoxin-dependent redox signaling and ntra/ntrb (defective in thioredoxin reductases a and b) double mutants that are defective in thioredoxin-dependent redox ..
- The transcriptional regulators TAZ and YAP direct transforming growth factor β-induced tumorigenic phenotypes in breast cancer cellsSamantha E Hiemer
From the Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
J Biol Chem 289:13461-74. 2014..Importantly, genes cooperatively regulated by TAZ/YAP, TEAD, and TGFβ, such as the novel targets NEGR1 and UCA1, are necessary for maintaining tumorigenic activity in metastatic breast cancer cells...
- NADPH-dependent thioredoxin reductase A (NTRA) confers elevated tolerance to oxidative stress and droughtJoon Yung Cha
Division of Applied Life Science BK21plus, PMBBRC and IALS, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Republic of Korea
Plant Physiol Biochem 80:184-91. 2014..Cytoplasmic NTRA, mitochondrial NTRB, and chloroplastic NTRC are the three conserved NTRs which cooperate with specific sub-..
- Common variants in BDNF, FAIM2, FTO, MC4R, NEGR1, and SH2B1 show association with obesity-related variables in Spanish Roma populationAlaitz Poveda
Department of Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of the Basque Country UPV EHU, 48080, Bilbao, Spain
Am J Hum Biol 26:660-9. 2014..The objective of this study is to investigate the association between previously GWAS identified genetic variants predisposing to obesity in Europeans and obesity-related phenotypes in Roma population...
- Expression profiling of RNA transcripts during neuronal maturation and ischemic injuryPrameet Kaur
Department of Biochemistry and Neuroscience Research Centre, Centre for Translational Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 9:e103525. 2014..Verification of expression of the Axin2, Prkcb, Cntn1, Ncam1, Negr1, Nrxn1 and Sh2b3 mRNAs and their respective long non-coding RNAs in an in vitro model of ischemic-reperfusion ..
- Impact of NEGR1 genetic variability on psychological traits of patients with eating disordersC Gamero-Villarroel
Department of Medical and Surgical Therapeutics, Division of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Extremadura, Badajoz, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 15:278-83. 2015Genetics variants in the NEGR1 gene, strongly expressed in the brain, have been reported to affect the neuronal control of food intake therefore inducing obesity...
- Adult adiposity susceptibility loci, early growth and general and abdominal fatness in childhood: the Generation R StudyS Vogelezang
1 The Generation R Study Group, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands 2 Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands 3 Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Obes (Lond) 39:1001-9. 2015..Genome-wide association studies in adults have identified genetic loci associated with adiposity measures. Little is known about the effects of these loci on growth and body fat distribution from early childhood onwards...
- Thioredoxin, a master regulator of the tricarboxylic acid cycle in plant mitochondriaDanilo M Daloso
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany Max Planck Partner Group at the Departamento de Biologia Vegetal, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, 36570 900 Viçosa, MG, Brazil
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E1392-400. 2015..levels, mutants of the mitochondrial TRX pathway in Arabidopsis: the NADP-TRX reductase a and b double mutant (ntra ntrb) and the mitochondrially located thioredoxin o1 (trxo1) mutant...
- Clinical and Molecular Cytogenetic Characterization of a de novo Interstitial 1p31.1p31.3 Deletion in a Boy with Moderate Intellectual Disability and Severe Language ImpairmentElisa Tassano
Laboratorio di Citogenetica, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Cytogenet Genome Res 146:39-43. 2015..gene), LRRC7 (MIM 614453; leucine-rich repeat-containing protein 7), and NEGR1 (MIM 613173; neuronal growth regulator 1)...
- A long non-coding RNA, BC048612 and a microRNA, miR-203 coordinate the gene expression of neuronal growth regulator 1 (NEGR1) adhesion proteinPrameet Kaur
Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 8 Medical Drive, 117597, Singapore
Biochim Biophys Acta 1863:533-43. 2016..b>Neuronal growth regulator 1 (NEGR1) is a cell adhesion molecule that has been shown to play an important role in neurite outgrowth ..
- SRBreak: A Read-Depth and Split-Read Framework to Identify Breakpoints of Different Events Inside Simple Copy-Number Variable RegionsHoang T Nguyen
Department of Biochemistry, University of OtagoDunedin, New Zealand Virtual Institute of Statistical GeneticsDunedin, New Zealand Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New YorkNY, USA Department of Mathematics, Cao Thang College of TechnologyHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Front Genet 7:160. 2016..When applied to three loci from existing human resequencing data sets (NEGR1, LCE3, IRGM) the pipeline obtained good concordance with results from the 1000 Genomes Project (92, 100, and 82%, ..
- Association between copy-number variation on metabolic phenotypes and HDL-C levels in patients with polycystic ovary syndromeBirgit Knebel
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, German Diabetes Center at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Leibniz Center for Diabetes Research, 40225, Dusseldorf, Germany
Mol Biol Rep . 2016..The intragenic rs1244979, rs2815752 in NEGR1 gene, and rs780094 in GCKR gene were genotyped and CNVs were determined by droplet digital polymerase chain ..
- Promoter-Specific Expression and Genomic Structure of IgLON Family Genes in MouseTaavi Vanaveski
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine and Translational Medicine, University of Tartu Tartu, Estonia
Front Neurosci 11:38. 2017IgLON family is composed of five genes: Lsamp, Ntm, Opcml, Negr1, and Iglon5; encoding for five highly homologous neural adhesion proteins that regulate neurite outgrowth and synapse formation...
- Genome-wide analysis of BMI in adolescents and young adults reveals additional insight into the effects of genetic loci over the life courseMariaelisa Graff
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27517, USA
Hum Mol Genet 22:3597-607. 2013..05). These results suggest that genetic loci for BMI can vary in their effects across the life course, underlying the importance of evaluating BMI at different ages...
- NTR/NRX define a new thioredoxin system in the nucleus of Arabidopsis thaliana cellsCorinne Marchal
Université Perpignan Via Domitia, CNRS, Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, UMR 5096, 58 Avenue Paul Alduy Bat T, F 66860, Perpignan, France
Mol Plant 7:30-44. 2014..NRX1 and NRX2 have disulfide reduction capacities, although NRX1 alone can be reduced by the thioredoxin reductase NTRA. We also show that both NRX1 and NRX2 have a dual nuclear/cytosolic localization...
- Transcription of glnA by purified Escherichia coli components: core RNA polymerase and the products of glnF, glnG, and glnLT P Hunt
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:8453-7. 1985We have shown that the purified glnF (ntrA) product of Escherichia coli binds to core RNA polymerase. Together these proteins initiated transcription at the nitrogen-regulated promoter glnAp2 on a supercoiled template...
- Products of nitrogen regulatory genes ntrA and ntrC of enteric bacteria activate glnA transcription in vitro: evidence that the ntrA product is a sigma factorJ Hirschman
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7525-9. 1985In enteric bacteria the products of two nitrogen regulatory genes, ntrA and ntrC, activate transcription of glnA, the structural gene encoding glutamine synthetase, both in vivo and in vitro...
- Rhizobium meliloti ntrA (rpoN) gene is required for diverse metabolic functionsC W Ronson
J Bacteriol 169:2424-31. 1987We report the identification and cloning of an ntrA-like (glnF rpoN) gene of Rhizobium meliloti and show that the R...
- Promotion of neuronal cell adhesion by members of the IgLON family occurs in the absence of either support or modification of neurite outgrowthChristine J McNamee
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Neurochem 80:941-8. 2002..The family consists of LAMP, OBCAM, neurotrimin/CEPU-1 and neurotractin/kilon...
- Review of 61 cases of odontoma. Presentation of an erupted complex odontomaSusana Amado Cuesta
Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Barcelona, Espana
Med Oral 8:366-73. 2003..We made the revision of the cases of diagnosed odontomas between 1983 and 2001 in the Clínica Ntra. Sra...
- The IgLON family in epithelial ovarian cancer: expression profiles and clinicopathologic correlatesEvangelos Ntougkos
Cancer Research UK Centre, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 11:5764-8. 2005The IgLON family of cell adhesion molecules, comprising OPCML, HNT, LSAMP, and NEGR1, has recently been linked to cancer, through two of its members being proposed as tumor suppressors...
- Implication of European-derived adiposity loci in African AmericansJ M Hester
Center for Diabetes Research, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:465-73. 2012..Limited study of these loci has been reported in African Americans. Here we examined the effects of these previously identified adiposity loci in African Americans...
- Overexpression of IgLON cell adhesion molecules changes proliferation and cell size of cortical astrocytesChiaki Sugimoto
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
Cell Biochem Funct 30:400-5. 2012..of limbic system-associated protein (LAMP), opioid binding cell adhesion molecule (OBCAM), neurotrimin (Ntm) and Kilon. In the present study, we investigated the overexpression of LAMP, OBCAM, Ntm and Kilon on the proliferation and ..
- The role of obesity-related genetic loci in insulin sensitivityT Fall
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabet Med 29:e62-6. 2012..There is a strong link between obesity and insulin sensitivity, and we hypothesized that known obesity susceptibility loci may act via effects on insulin sensitivity...
- What model organisms and interactomics can reveal about the genetics of human obesityMichael J Williams
Department of Neuroscience, Functional Pharmacology, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:3819-34. 2012..biological databases and discovered 33 additional genes associated with human obesity (CADM2, GIPR, GPCR5B, LRP1B, NEGR1, NRXN3, SH2B1, FANCL, GNPDA2, HMGCR, MAP2K5, NUDT3, PRKD1, QPCTL, TNNI3K, MTCH2, DNAJC27, SLC39A8, MTIF3, RPL27A, ..
- Nutritional state affects the expression of the obesity-associated genes Etv5, Faim2, Fto, and Negr1Arjen J Boender
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:2420-5. 2012..We show that the expression of Etv5, Faim2, Fto, Negr1 but not Sh2b1 is affected by nutritional state in these two areas, thereby providing insight into the relationship ..
- Functional relevance of genes implicated by obesity genome-wide association study signals for human adipocyte biologyF Bernhard
Center for Pediatric Research, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Department of Women s and Child Health, University of Leipzig, Liebigstraße 21, Leipzig, Germany
Diabetologia 56:311-22. 2013..We investigated the functional relevance of such genes in human adipocytes...
- The influence of obesity-related single nucleotide polymorphisms on BMI across the life course: the PAGE studyMariaelisa Graff
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 62:1763-7. 2013..heterogeneity in the associations of five established obesity risk variants (near FTO, GNPDA2, MTCH2, TMEM18, and NEGR1) with BMI across four distinct epochs of adulthood: 1) young adulthood (ages 18-25 years), adulthood (ages 26-49 ..
- Replication of established common genetic variants for adult BMI and childhood obesity in Greek adolescents: the TEENAGE studyIoanna Ntalla
Harokopio University of Athens, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, 17671 Athens, Greece
Ann Hum Genet 77:268-74. 2013..05). Variants at TFAP2B and NEGR1 loci showed nominal association (p < 0.05) with BMI and/or overweight risk in males and females respectively...
- Analysis of the contribution of FTO, NPC1, ENPP1, NEGR1, GNPDA2 and MC4R genes to obesity in Mexican childrenAurora Mejía-Benítez
Departamento de Genetica y Biologia Molecular, Centro de Investigación yde Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico
BMC Med Genet 14:21. 2013..We aimed to assess the contribution of some of these SNPs to obesity risk and to the variation of related metabolic traits, in Mexican children...
- Rs4074134 near BDNF gene is associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus in Chinese Han population independently of body mass indexXueyao Han
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Peking University People s Hospital, Peking University Diabetes Center, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e56898. 2013..Five genetic loci including rs2815752 near NEGR1, rs10938397 near GNPDA2, rs4074134 near BDNF, rs17782313 near MC4R and rs1084753 near KCTD15 were genotyped...
- Family-based genome-wide copy number scan identifies five new genes of dyslexia involved in dendritic spinal plasticityAvinash M Veerappa
Genomics Laboratory, Department of Studies in Zoology, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore, India
J Hum Genet 58:539-47. 2013..CNVs) in ten Indian dyslexic families revealed the presence of five de novo CNVs in regions harboring GABARAP, NEGR1, ACCN1, DCDC5, and one in already known candidate gene CNTNAP2...
- Association of the FTO obesity risk variant rs8050136 with percentage of energy intake from fat in multiple racial/ethnic populations: the PAGE studySungshim Lani Park
Epidemiology Program, University of Hawaii Cancer Center, 701 Ilalo Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Am J Epidemiol 178:780-90. 2013..We investigated the associations between 6 obesity risk variants in (or near) the NEGR1, TMEM18, BDNF, FTO, MC4R, and KCTD15 genes and macronutrient intake (carbohydrate, protein, ethanol, and fat) in 3 ..
- Functional analysis of seven genes linked to body mass index and adiposity by genome-wide association studies: a reviewJohn R Speakman
Key State Laboratory of Molecular Developmental Biology, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China Institute of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Hum Hered 75:57-79. 2013..The remaining 7 SNPs are adjacent to, or within, the genes NEGR1, TMEM18, ETV5, FLJ35779, LINGO2, SH2B1 and GIPR, most of which are less well studied than FTO, particularly in the ..
- Activation of the Rhizobium leguminosarum glnII gene by NtrC is dependent on upstream DNA sequencesE J Patriarca
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, CNR, Naples, Italy
Mol Gen Genet 234:337-45. 1992..transcribed as a monocistronic unit from a single promoter, which shows structural features characteristic of rpoN (ntrA)-dependent promoters. In K...
- Analysis of an upstream regulatory sequence required for activation of the regulatory gene xylS in xylene metabolism directed by the TOL plasmid of Pseudomonas putidaM Gomada
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 233:419-26. 1992..by another positive regulator, XylR, in the presence of m-xylene and is dependent on RNA polymerase containing the NtrA protein (sigma 54)...
- Transcriptional regulation of cytochrome d in nitrogen-fixing Azotobacter vinelandii. Evidence that up-regulation during N2 fixation is independent of nifA but dependent on ntrAF Moshiri
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
J Biol Chem 266:23169-74. 1991..5-fold upon the induction of nitrogen fixation. The cyd-lacZ fusions were characterized in a nifA- as well as an ntrA- background...
- Molecular characterization of an operon (hyp) necessary for the activity of the three hydrogenase isoenzymes in Escherichia coliS Lutz
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Munchen, FRG
Mol Microbiol 5:123-35. 1991..chemical or proteolytic subunits, Under fermentative growth conditions, operon expression was governed by an NtrA-dependent promoter lying upstream of hypA working together with an fnr gene product-dependent promoter which was ..
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the glutamine synthetase structural gene (glnA) from the obligate methanotroph Methylococcus capsulatus (Bath)D L Cardy
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
J Gen Microbiol 136:343-52. 1990..coli-type promoter. Promoter P2, which was located between P1 and P3, resembled the NtrA-dependent promoters of enteric organisms...
- Bradyrhizobium japonicum has two differentially regulated, functional homologs of the sigma 54 gene (rpoN)I Kullik
Mikrobiologisches Institut, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule, ETH Zentrum, Zurich, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 173:1125-38. 1991Recognition of -24/-12-type promoters by RNA polymerase requires a special sigma factor, sigma 54 (RpoN NtrA GlnF)...
- Analysis of the C4-dicarboxylate transport genes of Rhizobium meliloti: nucleotide sequence and deduced products of dctA, dctB, and dctDR J Watson
Plant Research Centre, Agriculture Canada, Ottawa, Ontario
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 3:174-81. 1990..The dctA gene is preceded by the sequence CTGGCACG-N4-TTGCT, which is characteristic of promoters requiring the ntrA-encoded protein for activation...
- Characterization of divergent NtrA-dependent promoters in the anaerobically expressed gene cluster coding for hydrogenase 3 components of Escherichia coliS Lutz
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Munchen, FRG
Mol Microbiol 4:13-20. 1990..analysis revealed the existence of a 210 bp non-coding region containing two sequences showing homology to -24/-12 NtrA-dependent promoters...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of the ntrA (rpoN) gene of Pseudomonas putidaS Inouye
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Gene 85:145-52. 1989The gene encoding a sigma factor NtrA (RpoN) was cloned from Pseudomonas putida by cross-hybridization with a probe containing a part of the corresponding Escherichia coli gene. The cloned gene complemented an ntrA mutation of E...
- Protein kinase and phosphoprotein phosphatase activities of nitrogen regulatory proteins NTRB and NTRC of enteric bacteria: roles of the conserved amino-terminal domain of NTRCJ Keener
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:4976-80. 1988..activates transcription of nitrogen-regulated genes by a holoenzyme form of RNA polymerase that contains the ntrA product (sigma 54) as sigma factor...
- Deduced products of C4-dicarboxylate transport regulatory genes of Rhizobium leguminosarum are homologous to nitrogen regulatory gene productsC W Ronson
Grasslands Division, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Nucleic Acids Res 15:7921-34. 1987..with the products of ntrC and nifA, transcriptional activators that require the alternate sigma factor rpoN (ntrA) as co-activator. The central region of DctD also contained a potential ATP-binding domain...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a proline iminopeptidase gene from Neisseria gonorrhoeaeN H Albertson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0620
Mol Microbiol 9:1203-11. 1993..coli, determined by primer extension analysis, was characteristic of an NtrA or sigma-54-dependent promotor. Complementation of an E...
- Cloning and sequence of the Rhizobium leguminosarum biovar phaseoli fixA geneJ Michiels
F A Janssens Laboratory of Genetics, Catholic University of Leuven, Heverlee, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1144:232-3. 1993..The corresponding gene product is highly homologous to the Rhizobium meliloti and Azorhizobium caulinodans FixA proteins. Putative NtrA- and NifA-binding sites are identified in the fixA promoter region.
- Azorhizobium caulinodans nitrogen fixation (nif/fix) gene regulation: mutagenesis of the nifA -24/-12 promoter element, characterization of a ntrA(rpoN) gene, and derivation of a modelJ Stigter
MSU DOE Plant Research Laboratory, East Lansing 48824
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 6:238-52. 1993..the -24/-12 promoter element is important for nifA gene expression and suggesting the involvement of a sigma 54 (NtrA/RpoN)-type transcription factor in nifA gene regulation...
- Simultaneous prevention of glutamine synthesis and high-affinity transport attenuates Salmonella typhimurium virulenceK E Klose
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Infect Immun 65:587-96. 1997..is under the control of the nitrogen-regulatory (ntr) system comprising the alternate sigma factor sigma54 (NtrA) and the two-component sensor-transcriptional activator pair NtrB and NtrC...
- Characterization of a novel rat brain glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored protein (Kilon), a member of the IgLON cell adhesion molecule familyN Funatsu
Department of Biotechnology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:8224-30. 1999..family members including LAMP, OBCAM, neurotrimin, CEPU-1, AvGP50, and GP55, we termed this protein Kilon (a kindred of IgLON)...
- prpR, ntrA, and ihf functions are required for expression of the prpBCDE operon, encoding enzymes that catabolize propionate in Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium LT2S Palacios
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53706 1567, USA
J Bacteriol 182:905-10. 2000..Transcription of the lacZ reporter in prpR, ntrA, and ihfB mutants was 85-, 83-, and 15-fold lower than the level of transcription measured in strains carrying the ..
- Virulence of the phytopathogen Pseudomonas syringae pv. maculicola is rpoN dependentE L Hendrickson
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Bosston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Bacteriol 182:3498-507. 2000We cloned the rpoN (ntrA and glnF) gene encoding sigma(54) from the phytopathogen Pseudomonas syringae pv. maculicola strain ES4326. The P...
- Expression of the IgLON cell adhesion molecules Kilon and OBCAM in hypothalamic magnocellular neuronsS Miyata
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
J Comp Neurol 424:74-85. 2000..In the present study, we investigated the expression of two immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF) proteins, Kilon and OBCAM, in the magnocellular neurons by using monoclonal antibodies...
- [Characteristics of genes identified in the 120 MDa plasmid DNA in a mutant of Azospirillum brasilense Sp245 bacteria, defective in polar flagellation and swarming]E I Katsy
Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants and Microorganisms, Russian Academy of Sciences, Saratov, 410015 Russia
Genetika 38:22-32. 2002..The NtrA (sigma 54) boxes were found in their upstream regions. The products of orf1 and orf2 are 16.5 and 15...
- [Guillain-Barré syndrome in the northern area of Gran Canaria and the island of Lanzarote]Y Aladro-Benito
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Espana
Rev Neurol 35:705-10. 2002..The objective of this study is to analyse the incidence and clinical characteristics of Guillain Barre syndrome (GBS) in the Canary Islands...
- Dendrite-associated opioid-binding cell adhesion molecule localizes at neurosecretory granules in the hypothalamic magnocellular neuronsS Miyata
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
Neuroscience 122:169-81. 2003..b>Kilon, another IgLON member, was also shown to localize at the neurosecretory granules of vasopressin-positive dendrites ..
- Gaze-dependent and time-restricted visual acuity measures in patients with Infantile Nystagmus Syndrome (INS)Dongsheng Yang
Department of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 139:716-8. 2005..We report a new method of measuring visual function in patients with INS by demonstrating the effects of eccentric gaze and forced time restriction on optotype recognition...
- Neurotractin/kilon promotes neurite outgrowth and is expressed on reactive astrocytes after entorhinal cortex lesionMichael Schafer
Max Delbrueck Centre for Molecular Medicine, Developmental Neurobiology Group, D 13092 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 29:580-90. 2005..Here, we cloned and characterized the murine IgLON subgroup member neurotractin/kilon, in the context of brain development and axonal regeneration...
- Modification-specific proteomics of plasma membrane proteins: identification and characterization of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins released upon phospholipase D treatmentFelix Elortza
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Proteome Res 5:935-43. 2006....
- Unique properties of NADP-thioredoxin reductase C in legumesFatima Alkhalfioui
Physiologie Moléculaire des Semences, UMR 1191 Université d Angers Institut National d Horticulture INRA, ARES, 16 boulevard Lavoisier, 49045 Angers cedex 01, France
J Exp Bot 58:969-78. 2007..Beside NTRA and NTRB targeted to both cytosol and mitochondria of plant cells, there is in chloroplasts an unusual NTR (NTRC) ..
- Inactivation of thioredoxin reductases reveals a complex interplay between thioredoxin and glutathione pathways in Arabidopsis developmentJean Philippe Reichheld
Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, Universite de Perpignan, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 5096, Perpignan, France
Plant Cell 19:1851-65. 2007..The Arabidopsis thaliana genome has two genes coding for NTRs (NTRA and NTRB), both of which encode mitochondrial and cytosolic isoforms...
- Genome-wide association and linkage analyses of hemostatic factors and hematological phenotypes in the Framingham Heart StudyQiong Yang
The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:S12. 2007..We sought to confirm known putative loci and identify novel loci that may influence either trait in genome-wide association and linkage analyses using the Affymetrix GeneChip 100K single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) set...
- Sigma factors in Pseudomonas aeruginosaEric Potvin
Centre de Recherche sur la Fonction, Structure et Ingénierie des Protéines, Faculte de Medecine, Pavillon Charles Eugène Marchand, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
FEMS Microbiol Rev 32:38-55. 2008..and ECF including rpoD (sigma(70)), RpoH (sigma(32)), RpoF (FliA or sigma(28)), RpoS (sigma(S) or sigma(38)), RpoN (NtrA, sigma(54) or sigma(N)), ECF including AlgU (RpoE or sigma(22)), PvdS, SigX and a collection of uncharacterized ..
- [Hemoglobinopathies diagnosed at the University Hospital Ntra. Sra. de Candelaria and its area of reference in Santa Cruz de Tenerife during one year]S de las Heras Flórez
Servicio de Analisis Clinicos, Hospital Universitario Nuestra Senora de Candelaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
An Med Interna 25:61-6. 2008..To describe number and type of hemoglobinopathies diagnosed in our area of reference during one year as well as the origin of these patients, to have a first contact with this pathology not characterized in our province until now...
- IgLON cell adhesion molecule Kilon is a crucial modulator for synapse number in hippocampal neuronsTakashi Hashimoto
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
Brain Res 1224:1-11. 2008b>Kilon is a member of the IgLON family belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily of cell adhesion molecules...
- Glycosylation analysis of IgLON family proteins in rat brain by liquid chromatography and multiple-stage mass spectrometrySatsuki Itoh
Division of Biological Chemistry and Biologicals, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1, Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Biochemistry 47:10132-54. 2008..limbic-associated membrane protein (LAMP), opioid-binding cell adhesion molecule (OBCAM), neurotrimin, and Kilon, are immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily cell adhesion molecules...
- Characterization of Brucella abortus sigma factor sigma54 (rpoN): genetic complementation of Sinorhizobium meliloti ntrA mutantFlorencia Iannino
Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnologicas Instituto Tecnologico de Chascomus IIB INTECH, Consejo de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Universidad Nacional de General San Martín CONICET UNSAM, Av Gral Paz 5445, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Microb Pathog 45:394-402. 2008..pathogen Brucella abortus has an alternative sigma factor sigma54 (RpoN) highly similar to Sinorhizobium meliloti NtrA. RpoN was described to be required for the transcription of a wide range of genes involved in diverse physiological ..
- A mutant GlnD nitrogen sensor protein leads to a nitrogen-fixing but ineffective Sinorhizobium meliloti symbiosis with alfalfaSvetlana N Yurgel
Institute of Biological Chemistry and School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6340, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18958-63. 2008..meliloti strains with mutations in genes related to nitrogen stress response regulation (glnD, glnB, ntrC, and ntrA) showed that catabolism of various nitrogen-containing compounds depended on the NtrC and GlnD components of the ..
- A novel nitroreductase of Staphylococcus aureus with S-nitrosoglutathione reductase activityAna Filipa N Tavares
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, UNL, Av da Republica EAN, 2780 157 Oeiras, Portugal
J Bacteriol 191:3403-6. 2009In this report we show that inactivation of the putative nitroreductase SA0UHSC_00833 (ntrA) increases the sensitivity of Staphylococcus aureus to S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) and augments its resistance to nitrofurans. S...
- The role of obesity-associated loci identified in genome-wide association studies in the determination of pediatric BMIJianhua Zhao
Division of Human Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:2254-7. 2009..significant association to BMI, representing nine different loci including INSIG2, FTO, MC4R, TMEM18, GNPDA2, NEGR1, BDNF, KCTD15, and 1q25. Other loci revealed no evidence for association, namely at MTCH2, SH2B1, 12q13, and 3q27...
- IgLON cell adhesion molecules regulate synaptogenesis in hippocampal neuronsTakashi Hashimoto
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Cell Biochem Funct 27:496-8. 2009..molecules (CAMs) belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily comprise of LAMP, neurotrimin (Ntm), OBCAM, and Kilon. In the present study, we performed the single and double transfection of IgLON gene constructs into hippocampal ..
- Are recently identified genetic variants regulating BMI in the general population associated with anorexia nervosa?Marek K Brandys
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:695-9. 2010..The percentages of BMI-increasing alleles were equal between cases and controls. This study found no evidence that genetic variants regulating BMI in the general population are significantly associated with susceptibility to AN...
- Accumulation of flavonoids in an ntra ntrb mutant leads to tolerance to UV-CTalaat Bashandy
Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, Universite de Perpignan, UMR CNRS 5096, 52 Avenue Paul Alduy, 66860 Perpignan, France
Mol Plant 2:249-58. 2009..There are two genes encoding NTRs (NTRA and NTRB) in the Arabidopsis genome, each encoding a cytosolic and a mitochondrial isoform...
- Association between obesity and polymorphisms in SEC16B, TMEM18, GNPDA2, BDNF, FAIM2 and MC4R in a Japanese populationKikuko Hotta
Laboratory for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Yokohama, Japan
J Hum Genet 54:727-31. 2009..phenotype in the Caucasian populations is associated with variations in several genes, including neuronal growth regulator 1 (NEGR1), SEC16 homolog B (SCE16B), transmembrane protein 18 (TMEM18), ets variant 5 (ETV5), glucosamine-..
- Novel obesity risk loci do not determine distribution of body fat depots: a whole-body MRI/MRS studyAxel Haupt
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Angiology, Nephrology and Clinical Chemistry, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1212-7. 2010..SNPs) TMEM18 rs6548238, KCTD15 rs11084753, GNPDA2 rs10938397, SH2B1 rs7498665, MTCH2 rs10838738, and NEGR1 rs2815752. We assessed BMI, waist circumference, total body fat, and lean body mass (bioimpedance)...
- Obesity susceptibility genetic variants identified from recent genome-wide association studies: implications in a chinese populationChloe Y Y Cheung
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1395-403. 2010..Recent large-scale genome-wide association studies identified novel genetic variants associated with obesity and body mass index (BMI) in addition to the well-described FTO and MC4R genetic variants...
- Interplay between the NADP-linked thioredoxin and glutathione systems in Arabidopsis auxin signalingTalaat Bashandy
Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, Universite de Perpignan, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement Université de Perpignan Via Domitia 5096, 66860 Perpignan, France
Plant Cell 22:376-91. 2010..Here, we show by associating TRX reductases (ntra ntrb) and glutathione biosynthesis (cad2) mutations that these two thiol reduction pathways interfere with ..
- Implication of genetic variants near NEGR1, SEC16B, TMEM18, ETV5/DGKG, GNPDA2, LIN7C/BDNF, MTCH2, BCDIN3D/FAIM2, SH2B1, FTO, MC4R, and KCTD15 with obesity and type 2 diabetes in 7705 ChineseMaggie C Y Ng
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2418-25. 2010..Recent genome-wide association studies have identified multiple novel loci associated with obesity in Europeans. We hypothesized that these genetic variants may be associated with obesity and type 2 diabetes (T2D) in Chinese...
- Generation of antigen-specific regulation T cellsHarald von Boehmer; Fiscal Year: 2012..seen considerable progress in understanding the role of antigen-specific receptors on Treg that are involved in ntra- and extra-thymic generation of Treg and their recruitment to specific sites of antigen deposition...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION IN RHODOBACTER CAPSULATUSROBERT KRANZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..Specific aims include: sequencing and mutagenesis of an ntrA-like gene which codes for a RNA polymerase sigma factor used for nitrogen regulated promoters...
- Short-Latency Disparity Vergence in Strabismic SubjectsDongsheng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The rapid, reflex-like nature allows objective assessments of binocular function for potentially all age subjects since active visual attention is not required and promises for future studying of the development of binocular vision. ..