Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NDST3
Description: N-deacetylase and N-sulfotransferase 3
Alias: HSST3, bifunctional heparan sulfate N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase 3, GlcNAc N-deacetylase/ N-sulfotransferase 3, N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase (heparan glucosaminyl) 3, N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase 3, N-heparan sulfate sulfotransferase 3, glucosaminyl N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase 3
- Molecular cloning and expression of a third member of the heparan sulfate/heparin GlcNAc N-deacetylase/ N-sulfotransferase familyJ Aikawa
Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Glycobiology Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0687, USA
J Biol Chem 274:2690-5. 1999..We now report the identification of a third member of the NDST family, designated NDST3. A full-length cDNA clone (3...
- Evaluation of European Schizophrenia GWAS Loci in Asian Populations via Comprehensive Meta-AnalysesXiao Xiao
Key Laboratory of Animal Models and Human Disease Mechanisms of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Yunnan Province, Kunming Institute of Zoology, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Mol Neurobiol . 2016..Among the 19 GWAS loci, we replicated the risk associations of nine markers (e.g., SNPs at VRK2, ITIH3/4, NDST3, NOTCH4) surpassing significance level (two-tailed P < 0...
- A comprehensive analysis of NDST3 for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in Han ChineseC Zhang
Schizophrenia Program, Shanghai Mental Health Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Transl Psychiatry 6:e701. 2016..is located in the vicinity of the gene encoding N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase (heparan glucosaminyl) 3, (NDST3). This study aimed to replicate the results in a Han Chinese population and then potentially extend these findings...
- The NDST gene family in zebrafish: role of NDST1B in pharyngeal arch formationBeata Filipek-Gorniok
Dept of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Science for Life Laboratory, Uppsala University, Husargatan 3, PO Box 582, SE 751 23, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 10:e0119040. 2015..Interestingly, the single zebrafish orthologue ndst3, is equally similar to tetrapod Ndst3 and Ndst4...
- rs11098403 polymorphism near NDST3 is associated with a reduced risk of schizophrenia in a Han Chinese populationLi ze Gu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Wuxi Mental Health Center Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Wuxi, China
Neurosci Lett 581:42-5. 2014..genome-wide association study indicated that rs11098403, a single nucleotide polymorphism in the vicinity of NDST3, was strongly associated with the risk of schizophrenia in Caucasians...
- [111In-DOTA]LTT-SS28, a first pansomatostatin radioligand for in vivo targeting of somatostatin receptor-positive tumorsTheodosia Maina
Molecular Radiopharmacy, INRASTES, National Center for Scientific Research Demokritos, GR 153 10 Athens, Greece
J Med Chem 57:6564-71. 2014..Furthermore, [DOTA]LTT-SS28 behaved as an agonist at hsst2, hsst3, and hsst5, efficiently stimulating internalization of the three receptor subtypes...
- Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome: further clinical and array delineation of four unrelated patients with a 4q25 microdeletionHannah Titheradge
Department of Clinical Genetics, Birmingham Women s NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet A 164:1695-701. 2014..We implicate the adjacent neuronally expressed genes; NEUROG2, UGT8, NDST3, and PRSS12 as potentially causal...
- Simultaneous ultra-high performance liquid chromathograpy-electrospray ionization-quadrupole-time of flight mass spectrometry quantification of endogenous anandamide and related N-acylethanolamides in bio-matricesRoberta Ottria
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Cliniche L Sacco, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via G B Grassi, 74 20157 Milano, Italy Electronic address
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 958:83-9. 2014..Separation was performed on a Waters Acquity UPLC HSST3 column using a 9min elution gradient coupled with high resolution mass spectrometry (QTOF/MS)...
- Fish somatostatin sst3 receptor: comparison of radioligand and GTPgammaS binding, adenylate cyclase and phospholipase C activities reveals different agonist-dependent pharmacological signaturesS Siehler
Discovery Technologies, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, WSJ 386 745, Novartis Pharma AG, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 25:1-16. 2005..radioligand binding and/or second messenger features determined for fsst3 and/or human SRIF receptors (hsst2, hsst3 and hsst5)...
- Genome-wide association study implicates NDST3 in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderTodd Lencz
1 Division of Research, Department of Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital Division of the North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, New York 11004, USA 2 Center for Psychiatric Neuroscience, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA 3 Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, New York 10461, USA 4 Department of Psychiatry, Hofstra University School of Medicine, Hempstead, New York 11550, USA 5 Department of Molecular Medicine, Hofstra University School of Medicine, Hempstead, New York 11550, USA 6
Nat Commun 4:2739. 2013..In addition, this intergenic SNP significantly predicts postmortem cerebellar gene expression of NDST3, which encodes an enzyme critical to heparan sulphate metabolism...
- Post-transcriptional exon shuffling events in humans can be evolutionarily conserved and abundantHaya H Al-Balool
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle NE1 3BZ, United Kingdom
Genome Res 21:1788-99. 2011..This is the first systematic experimental analysis of PTES in human, and it suggests both that the phenomenon is much more widespread than previously thought and that some PTES transcripts could be functional...
- Influence of different spacers on the biological profile of a DOTA-somatostatin analoguePatricia Antunes
Division of Radiological Chemistry, Department of Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Bioconjug Chem 18:84-92. 2007..InIII-DOTA]-NOC for human sst2 (hsst2) was preserved with the structural modifications, while an overall drop for hsst3 affinity was observed, except in the case of [InIII-DOTA]-beta-Ala-NOC...
- Multiple isozymes of heparan sulfate/heparin GlcNAc N-deacetylase/GlcN N-sulfotransferase. Structure and activity of the fourth member, NDST4J Aikawa
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Glycobiology Research and Training Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0687, USA
J Biol Chem 276:5876-82. 2001..The deduced amino acid sequence of NDST4 showed high sequence identity to NDST1, NDST2, and NDST3 in both species. NDST4 maps to human chromosome 4q25-26, very close to NDST3, located at 4q26-27...
- Novel non-peptide ligands for the somatostatin sst3 receptorC Moinet
Institut Henri Beaufour, Les Ulis, France
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:991-5. 2001..Several compounds showed high affinity (Ki in 10(-6)-10(-8) M range) and selectivity at recombinant human somatostatin receptor subtype 3 (hsst3).
- Regulated translation of heparan sulfate N-acetylglucosamine N-deacetylase/n-sulfotransferase isozymes by structured 5'-untranslated regions and internal ribosome entry sitesKay Grobe
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Glycobiology Training and Research Center, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0687, USA
J Biol Chem 277:30699-706. 2002..Because several growth factors and morphogens that bind heparan sulfate also contain structured 5'-UTRs, translational regulation may coordinate the action of these factors and their heparan sulfate co-receptors...
- Heparan sulfate and development: differential roles of the N-acetylglucosamine N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase isozymesKay Grobe
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Glycobiology Research and Training Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0687, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1573:209-15. 2002..Here, we review the role of the four vertebrate NDSTs in HS biosynthesis as well as their regulated expression. The main emphasis is the phenotypes of mice lacking one or more of the NDSTs...
- PET imaging of somatostatin receptors: design, synthesis and preclinical evaluation of a novel 18F-labelled, carbohydrated analogue of octreotideH J Wester
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:117-22. 2003..19)F]FP-Gluc-TOCA showed no affinity to hsst1 and hsst3, moderate affinity to hsst4 (IC(50): 437+/-84 n M) and hsst5 (IC(50): 123+/-8...
- The heparan and heparin metabolism pathway is involved in regulation of fatty acid compositionZhihua Jiang
Department of Animal Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6351, USA
Int J Biol Sci 7:659-63. 2011..1), HS6ST1 (heparan sulfate 6-O-sulfotransferase 1), HS6ST3 (heparan sulfate 6-O-sulfotransferase 3), NDST3 (N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase (heparan glucosaminyl) 3), and SULT1A1 (sulfotransferase family, cytosolic, 1A, ..
- NDST1-dependent heparan sulfate regulates BMP signaling and internalization in lung developmentZhonghua Hu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 200031 Shanghai, China
J Cell Sci 122:1145-54. 2009..Here, we report that in spite of the redundant expression of Ndst2, Ndst3 and Ndst4 genes, Ndst1(-/-) mice display defective differentiation of lung cells and increased cell proliferation...
- The osteogenic transcription factor Runx2 regulates components of the fibroblast growth factor/proteoglycan signaling axis in osteoblastsNadiya M Teplyuk
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655 0105, USA
J Cell Biochem 107:144-54. 2009..Ext1) and heparanase, as well as alters the relative expression of N-linked sulfotransferases (Ndst1 = Ndst2 > Ndst3) and enzymes mediating O-linked sulfation of heparan sulfate (Hs2st > Hs6st) or chondroitin sulfate (Cs4st > ..
- Glycanogenomics: a qPCR-approach to investigate biological glycan functionEvelyn C Krenn
Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Graz, Universitatsplatz 1, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 375:297-302. 2008..Major changes in expression patterns were found for the NDST3 and 3OST1 isoforms...
- [Analysis of aristolochic acid A from the aerial and underground parts of Asarum by UPLC-UV]Yan Xue
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 43:221-3. 2008..method for the determination of aristolochic acid A in the aerial and underground parts of Asarum, an AcquityUPLC HSST3 column (50 mm x 2.1 mm ID, 1.8 microm) was used with the mobile phase of acetonitrile-0...
- Altered heparan sulfate structure in mice with deleted NDST3 gene functionSrinivas R Pallerla
Department of General Zoology and Genetics, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:16885-94. 2008..a targeted disruption of the heparan sulfate (HS)-modifying enzyme GlcNAc N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase 3 (NDST3)...
- Pasireotide--a somatostatin analog for the potential treatment of acromegaly, neuroendocrine tumors and Cushing's diseaseAnat Ben-Shlomo
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
IDrugs 10:885-95. 2007..high binding affinity to four of the five human (h)SST receptor subtypes, with IC50 values for hSST5 > hSST2 > hSST3 > hSST1; the compound displays no affinity for hSST4...
- Are radiogallium-labelled DOTA-conjugated somatostatin analogues superior to those labelled with other radiometals?P Antunes
Division of Radiological Chemistry, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:982-93. 2007..In preclinical studies it has shown a striking superiority over its 111In-labelled congener. The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether third-generation somatostatin-based, radiogallium-labelled peptides show the same superiority...
- Isolation of the structural genes for the alpha and beta subunits of the mitochondrial ATPase from the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombeM Boutry
J Biol Chem 259:2840-4. 1984..These genes products reacted with an anti-F1-ATPase serum and therefore correspond most probably to precursors of the alpha and beta subunits...
- Lianchun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies further found that: 1). Slit3 is a novel angiogenic factor;2). T-Ndst1-/- and Ndst3-/- mice exhibit similar localized angiogenesis defect in diaphragm;3)...
- SYNTHESIS AND CONFORMATION OF PEPTIDE HORMONESMurray Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition computer simulated models of the hsst2, hsst3 and hsst5 receptors have provided insight into the nature of ligand-receptor interactions and allowed us to ..