Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nck
Description: NCK adaptor protein 1
Alias: NCK, NCKalpha, nck-1, cytoplasmic protein NCK1, NCK tyrosine kinase, SH2/SH3 adaptor protein NCK-alpha, melanoma NCK protein, non-catalytic region of tyrosine kinase
Publications291 found, 100 shown here
- Enteropathogenic E. coli Tir binds Nck to initiate actin pedestal formation in host cellsS Gruenheid
Biotechnology Laboratory, University of British Columbia, 6174 University Boulevard, Vancouver V6T 1G3, Canada
Nat Cell Biol 3:856-9. 2001..Here we show that tyrosine 474 of Tir directly binds the host-cell adaptor protein Nck, and that Nck is required for the recruitment of both neural Wiskott-Aldrich-syndrome protein (N-WASP) and the ..
- Nck- and N-WASP-dependent actin-based motility is conserved in divergent vertebrate poxvirusesMark P Dodding
Cell Motility Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Cell Host Microbe 6:536-50. 2009..We found that the YLDV protein YL126 can functionally replace A36 to promote Nck- and N-WASP-dependent actin polymerization...
- Atypical mechanism of regulation of the Wrch-1 Rho family small GTPaseAdam Shutes
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Curr Biol 14:2052-6. 2004..We propose that Grb2 overcomes N-terminal negative regulation to promote Wrch-1 effector interaction. Thus, Wrch-1 exhibits an atypical model of regulation not seen in other Rho family GTPases...
- Gab2, a new pleckstrin homology domain-containing adapter protein, acts to uncouple signaling from ERK kinase to Elk-1C Zhao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5254, USA
J Biol Chem 274:19649-54. 1999..This is the first evidence that an intracellular molecule with a PH domain operates as a negative effector in signal relay to the regulation of gene expression...
- The adaptor protein SLP-76 regulates HIV-1 release and cell-to-cell transmission in T cellsTirumuru Nagaraja
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Immunol 188:2769-77. 2012..Taken together, our studies demonstrate a novel role for the adaptor molecule SLP-76 in regulating HIV-1 infection in T cells with the potential to develop innovative strategies against HIV-1...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef selectively associates with a catalytically active subpopulation of p21-activated kinase 2 (PAK2) independently of PAK2 binding to Nck or beta-PIXG H Renkema
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
J Virol 75:2154-60. 2001..Binding of PAK2 with the adapter protein Nck or beta-PIX was found to be dispensable for the assembly of the Nef-PAK2 complex, whereas an intact Cdc42-Rac1 ..
- The adaptor protein Nck-1 couples the netrin-1 receptor DCC (deleted in colorectal cancer) to the activation of the small GTPase Rac1 through an atypical mechanismXiaodong Li
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B2, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:37788-97. 2002..Here, we show that DCC interacts constitutively with the SH3/SH2 adaptor Nck in commissural neurons. This interaction is direct and requires the SH3 but not SH2 domains of Nck-1...
- Tyrosine 1213 of Flt-1 is a major binding site of Nck and SHP-2K Igarashi
Life Science Research Center, Nippon Steel Corporation, Kawasaki, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 246:95-9. 1998..of certain proteins with a SH2-domain with Flt-1 and KDR using the yeast two-hybrid system and found that Nck, SHP-2, PLC gamma, and PI3K p85 bind to Flt-1...
- Src-induced phosphorylation of caveolin-2 on tyrosine 19. Phospho-caveolin-2 (Tyr(P)19) is localized near focal adhesions, remains associated with lipid rafts/caveolae, but no longer forms a high molecular mass hetero-oligomer with caveolin-1Hyangkyu Lee
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 277:34556-67. 2002..In support of this notion, we identify several SH2 domain containing proteins, namely c-Src, NCK, and Ras-GAP, that interact with caveolin-2 in a phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- Stromal-cell-derived factor-1/CXCL12-induced chemotaxis of a T cell line involves intracellular signaling through Cbl and Cbl-b and their regulation by Src kinases and CD45Seiichi Okabe
Department of Microbiology Immunology and Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 36:308-14. 2006..Activated Cbl and Cbl-b interacted with Crk-L, Zap-70, Nck, PLC-gamma and Fyb after SDF-1alpha/CXCL12 stimulation, implicating association of these proteins in SDF-1alpha/..
- Nck-1 selectively modulates eIF2alphaSer51 phosphorylation by a subset of eIF2alpha-kinasesEric Cardin
Polypeptide Laboratory, Department of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
FEBS J 274:5865-75. 2007..In this article, we report that the ubiquitously expressed adaptor protein Nck, composed only of Src homology domains and classically implicated in cell signaling by activated plasma membrane ..
- Nck, a melanoma cDNA encoding a cytoplasmic protein consisting of the src homology units SH2 and SH3J M Lehmann
Institute for Immunology, Munich, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 18:1048. 1990
- Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein physically associates with Nck through Src homology 3 domainsO M Rivero-Lezcano
Laboratory of Cellular Development and Oncology, National Institute of Dental Research, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4330, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:5725-31. 1995..designed to identify p47nck-Src homology 3 (SH3)-binding molecules, we report the cloning of SAKAP II (Src A box Nck-associated protein II) from an HL60 cDNA expression library...
- Interaction of the Nck adapter protein with p21-activated kinase (PAK1)G M Bokoch
Department of Immunology and Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 271:25746-9. 1996..We describe here a specific interaction of the Nck adapter molecule with PAK1 both in vitro and in vivo...
- A novel ligand for an SH3 domain of the adaptor protein Nck bears an SH2 domain and nuclear signaling motifsK Matuoka
Department of Biosignal Research, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 239:488-92. 1997b>Nck is a small protein composed of Src homology regions (SH) 2 and 3, paralleling the adaptors c-Crk and Grb2/Ash, but its function remains enigmatic...
- The Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein-interacting protein (WIP) binds to the adaptor protein NckI M Anton
Division, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:20992-5. 1998b>Nck is a ubiquitous adaptor molecule composed of three Src homology 3 (SH3) domains followed by a single SH2 domain...
- Identification of Nck family genes, chromosomal localization, expression, and signaling specificityM Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 273:25171-8. 1998..Here we report identification of novel human and mouse Nck genes and rename them as the Nckalpha and Nckbeta genes (including the human Nckalpha, human Nckbeta, mouse Nckalpha, and mouse Nckbeta genes)...
- Regulation of PAK activation and the T cell cytoskeleton by the linker protein SLP-76J Bubeck Wardenburg
Center for Immunology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Immunity 9:607-16. 1998..We demonstrate here that the SLP-76 linker protein interacts with both nck, an adaptor protein, and Vav, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rho-family GTPases...
- Modulation of protein translation by Nck-1Sem Kebache
Departments of Medicine and Surgery, Polypeptide Laboratory, Division of Endocrinology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B2
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:5406-11. 2002In mammals, Nck represented by two genes, is a 47-kDa SH2/SH3 domain-containing protein lacking intrinsic enzymatic function...
- Grb2 and Nck act cooperatively to promote actin-based motility of vaccinia virusNiki Scaplehorn
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Biol 12:740-5. 2002..studies have shown that N-WASP is required for the actin-based motility of vaccinia virus and is recruited via Nck and WIP. We now show that Grb2 is an additional component of the vaccinia actin tail-forming complex...
- Recruitment of Nck by CD3 epsilon reveals a ligand-induced conformational change essential for T cell receptor signaling and synapse formationDiana Gil
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid 20849, Spain
Cell 109:901-12. 2002..change that exposes a proline-rich sequence in CD3 epsilon and results in recruitment of the adaptor protein Nck. This occurs earlier than and independently of tyrosine kinase activation...
- Mechanism of regulation of WAVE1-induced actin nucleation by Rac1 and NckSharon Eden
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 418:790-3. 2002..Here we report a mechanism by which Rac and the adapter protein Nck activate actin nucleation through WAVE1...
- Nck-1 antagonizes the endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced inhibition of translationSem Kebache
Polypeptide Laboratory, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B2, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:9662-71. 2004..Here we show that the Src homology 2/3 (SH2/SH3) domain-containing protein Nck-1 prevents the unfolded protein response normally induced by pharmacological endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress ..
- Dynamic molecular interactions linking the T cell antigen receptor to the actin cytoskeletonMira Barda-Saad
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Immunol 6:80-9. 2005..Two such adaptor proteins, Nck and the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASp), were recruited to the TCR during initial T cell activation, where ..
- Nck adaptor proteins link nephrin to the actin cytoskeleton of kidney podocytesNina Jones
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Nature 440:818-23. 2006..Here we show that nephrin selectively binds the Src homology 2 (SH2)/SH3 domain-containing Nck adaptor proteins, which in turn control the podocyte cytoskeleton in vivo...
- Nephrin ectodomain engagement results in Src kinase activation, nephrin phosphorylation, Nck recruitment, and actin polymerizationRakesh Verma
Division of Nephrology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0676, USA
J Clin Invest 116:1346-59. 2006..that this nephrin phosphorylation event resulted in recruitment of the SH2-SH3 domain-containing adapter protein Nck and assembly of actin filaments in an Nck-dependent fashion...
- Nck in a complex containing the catalytic subunit of protein phosphatase 1 regulates eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha signaling and cell survival to endoplasmic reticulum stressMathieu Latreille
Polypeptide Hormone Laboratory, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B2, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:26633-44. 2006..Here, we demonstrate that the Src homology (SH) domain-containing adaptor Nck is a key component of a molecular complex that controls eIF2alpha phosphorylation and signaling in response to ER ..
- Septins regulate actin organization and cell-cycle arrest through nuclear accumulation of NCK mediated by SOCS7Brandon E Kremer
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0577, USA
Cell 130:837-50. 2007..We now show that this phenotype is induced by nuclear accumulation of the adaptor protein NCK, as the effects can be reversed or induced by cytoplasmic or nuclear NCK, respectively...
- Non-compensating roles between Nckalpha and Nckbeta in PDGF-BB signaling to promote human dermal fibroblast migrationShengxi Guan
Department of Dermatology and USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, The University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:1909-20. 2009..The two closely related SH2/SH3 adapter proteins, Nckalpha and Nckbeta, connect PDGF-BB signaling to the actin cytoskeleton and cell motility...
- Cooperative interactions at the SLP-76 complex are critical for actin polymerizationMira Barda-Saad
Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
EMBO J 29:2315-28. 2010..Generation of a complex of SLP-76, Nck and VAV1 is crucial for regulation of the actin machinery...
- Adaptor protein Nck1 interacts with p120 Ras GTPase-activating protein and regulates its activityMarija Ger
Proteomics Centre, Vilnius University Institute of Biochemistry, Lithuania
Cell Signal 23:1651-8. 2011..This leads to the complex dissipation, decrease of RasGAP activity and the increase of H-Ras-GTP level in the detached cells. Our findings reveal unexpected feature of adaptor protein Nck1 as the regulator of RasGAP activity...
- FGF-2 prevents cancer cells from ER stress-mediated apoptosis via enhancing proteasome-mediated Nck degradationBin Li
Sino France Laboratory of Cellular Signalling, Key Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics of Ministry of Education, School of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430074 Wuhan, Hubei, China
Biochem J 452:139-45. 2013..Finally, we demonstrated that FGF-2 promoted proteasome-mediated degradation of Nck (non-catalytic region of tyrosine kinase adaptor protein), an SH (Src homology) 2/SH3-containing adaptor protein...
- Proteasomal degradation of Nck1 but not Nck2 regulates RhoA activation and actin dynamicsLisa Buvall
1 Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA 2
Nat Commun 4:2863. 2013..These findings reveal proteasomal regulation as a key factor in the distinct and non-redundant effects of Nck on RhoA-mediated actin dynamics.
- Identification of Grb4/Nckbeta, a src homology 2 and 3 domain-containing adapter protein having similar binding and biological properties to NckL E Braverman
Department of Biochemistry and Molocular Biology and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 274:5542-9. 1999..Here we report that Grb4 is an adapter protein closely related to but distinct from Nck that is made up of three SH3 domains and one SH2 domain...
- Nck1 and Grb2 localization patterns can distinguish invadopodia from podosomesMatthew Oser
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Eur J Cell Biol 90:181-8. 2011..These patterns of Nck1 and Grb2 localization, identified in our study, can be used to sub-classify ventral cell surface degradative structures...
- Structure and function of Cas-L, a 105-kD Crk-associated substrate-related protein that is involved in beta 1 integrin-mediated signaling in lymphocytesM Minegishi
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Exp Med 184:1365-75. 1996..Furthermore, we demonstrate that integrin/ligand binding results in the recruitment of Crk, Nck, and SHPTP2 to pp105...
- Interaction of hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1 with adapter proteins Crk and CrkL leads to synergistic activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinaseP Ling
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:1359-68. 1999..Taken together, our findings demonstrate the functional interaction of HPK1 with Crk and CrkL, reveal the downstream pathways of Crk- and CrkL-induced JNK activation, and highlight a potential role of HPK1 in T-cell activation...
- Nck and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate synergistically activate actin polymerization through the N-WASP-Arp2/3 pathwayR Rohatgi
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 276:26448-52. 2001..The Nck Src homology (SH) 2/3 adaptor binds via its SH3 domains to a proline-rich region on WASP and N-WASP and has been ..
- Nck-1 interacts with PKR and modulates its activation by dsRNAEric Cardin
Experimental Medicine Department, Polypeptide Laboratory, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:231-5. 2008..Previously, we have reported that the adaptor protein Nck-1 modulates eIF2alphaSer51 phosphorylation by a subset of eIF2alpha kinases, including PKR...
- Yes-associated protein (YAP65) is a proline-rich phosphoprotein that binds to the SH3 domain of the Yes proto-oncogene productM Sudol
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021
Oncogene 9:2145-52. 1994..The YAP65 protein was also shown to bind to other signaling molecules that contain SH3 domains including Nck, Crk and Src...
- Paxillin-dependent paxillin kinase linker and p21-activated kinase localization to focal adhesions involves a multistep activation pathwayMichael C Brown
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse 13210, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:1550-65. 2002..We show PIX, but not NCK, binding to PAK is necessary for efficient focal adhesion localization of PAK and PKL, consistent with a PAK-PIX-..
- The C-terminal end of R-Ras contains a focal adhesion targeting signalJohanna Furuhjelm
Institute of Biotechnology, Program in Cellular Biotechnology, PO Box 56 Viikinkaari 9, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Sci 116:3729-38. 2003..N-terminus of R-Ras, as well as the intact proline-rich sequence in the C-terminus of RRas that mediates binding to Nck, were not essential...
- The multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2B point mutation switches the specificity of the Ret tyrosine kinase towards cellular substrates that are susceptible to interact with Crk and NckR Bocciardi
Laboratorio di Genetica Molecolare, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Oncogene 15:2257-65. 1997..the activated WT Ret TK binds to several SH2 signalling proteins such as Shc, Grb-2, Phospholipase Cgamma, Crk and Nck. However, in contrast to the activated WT form, expression of the MEN 2B mutated Ret-ptc 2 results in the tyrosine ..
- Dissecting the role of the Tir:Nck and Tir:IRTKS/IRSp53 signalling pathways in vivoValerie F Crepin
Centre for Molecular Microbiology and Infection, Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College London, London, UK
Mol Microbiol 75:308-23. 2010..Phosphorylation of Tir(EPEC/CR) Y474/1 leads to recruitment of Nck and neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP) and strong actin polymerization in cultured cells...
- Nck-interacting Ste20 kinase couples Eph receptors to c-Jun N-terminal kinase and integrin activationE Becker
Department of Pharmacology, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:1537-45. 2000The mammalian Ste20 kinase Nck-interacting kinase (NIK) specifically activates the c-Jun amino-terminal kinase (JNK) mitogen-activated protein kinase module. NIK also binds the SH3 domains of the SH2/SH3 adapter protein Nck...
- MEK kinase 2 binds and activates protein kinase C-related kinase 2. Bifurcation of kinase regulatory pathways at the level of an MAPK kinase kinaseW Sun
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and University of Colorado Cancer Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 275:24421-8. 2000..2 (PRK2) was found to bind MEKK2; PRK2 has been previously shown to bind RhoA and the Src homology 3 domain of Nck. PRK2 did not bind MEKK3, which is closely related to MEKK2...
- Interaction of SPIN90 with dynamin I and its participation in synaptic vesicle endocytosisYujin Kim
Department of Life Science, Molecular Diseaome Research Center, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, 500 712, South Korea
J Neurosci 25:9515-23. 2005SH3 protein interacting with Nck, 90 kDa (SPIN90) is an Nck-binding protein that contains one Src homology 3 (SH3) domain, three proline-rich domains (PRDs), a serine/threonine-rich region, and a hydrophobic C-terminal region...
- Identification of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 tyrosine phosphorylation sites and binding of SH2 domain-containing moleculesN Ito
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, Biomedical Center, Box 575, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 273:23410-8. 1998..Y(p)1213 and Y(p)1333, whereas Grb2 and SH2-containing tyrosine protein phosphatase (SHP-2) bind to Y(p)1213, and Nck and Crk bind to Y(p)1333 in a phosphotyrosine-dependent manner...
- Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli, Shigella flexneri, and Listeria monocytogenes recruit a junctional protein, zonula occludens-1, to actin tails and pedestalsMiyuki Hanajima-Ozawa
Department of Molecular Bacteriology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Infect Immun 75:565-73. 2007..The direct clustering of membrane-targeted Nck, which is known to activate the N-WASP-Arp2/3 pathway, triggered the formation of the ZO-1-associated actin tails...
- Modelling of infection by enteropathogenic Escherichia coli strains in lineages 2 and 4 ex vivo and in vivo by using Citrobacter rodentium expressing TccPFrancis Girard
CMMI, Flowers Building, Imperial College London, London SW72AZ, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 77:1304-14. 2009..polymerization via tyrosine phosphorylation of the type III secretion system (T3SS) effector Tir, recruitment of Nck, and activation of N-WASP...
- Gene expression profiles of primary HPV16- and HPV18-infected early stage cervical cancers and normal cervical epithelium: identification of novel candidate molecular markers for cervical cancer diagnosis and therapyAlessandro D Santin
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Virology 331:269-91. 2005..a differential pattern of expression between invasive cervical carcinomas (CVX) and normal cervical keratinocytes (NCK), we used oligonucleotide microarrays to interrogate the expression of 14,500 known genes in 11 primary HPV16 and ..
- EphA4 signaling regulates blastomere adhesion in the Xenopus embryo by recruiting Pak1 to suppress Cdc42 functionNicolas Bisson
Cancer Research Centre, Department of Medical Biology, Laval University, Hotel Dieu de Quebec, Quebec, G1R 2J6 Québec, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 18:1030-43. 2007..Xenopus p21(Cdc42/Rac)-activated kinase xPAK1 interacts with Nck, is activated in embryo by EphA4 in an Nck-dependent manner, and is required for EphA4-induced loss-of-adhesion...
- EphA2 engages Git1 to suppress Arf6 activity modulating epithelial cell-cell contactsKoichi Miura
Department of Molecular Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 20:1949-59. 2009..show that G protein-coupled receptor kinase-interacting protein (Git) 1 and noncatalytic region of tyrosine kinase (Nck) 1 are involved in this pathway, in which ligand-activated EphA2, via its phosphorylated Tyr594, binds to the Src ..
- Dynamin is required for F-actin assembly and pedestal formation by enteropathogenic Escherichia coli (EPEC)Kate E Unsworth
Centre for Molecular Microbiology and Infection, Imperial College London, UK
Cell Microbiol 9:438-49. 2007..surface binds to another bacterial protein, intimin, while one of the cytoplasmic domains binds the adaptor protein Nck. This leads to recruitment of other cytoskeletal proteins including neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP)..
- p21-activated kinases regulate actin remodeling in glomerular podocytesJianxin Zhu
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, 3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F951-61. 2010The tyrosine phosphorylation of nephrin is reported to regulate podocyte morphology via the Nck adaptor proteins. The Pak family of kinases are regulators of the actin cytoskeleton and are recruited to the plasma membrane via Nck...
- Nck-2, a novel Src homology2/3-containing adaptor protein that interacts with the LIM-only protein PINCH and components of growth factor receptor kinase-signaling pathwaysY Tu
Department of Cell Biology and The Cell Adhesion and Matrix Research Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0019, USA
Mol Biol Cell 9:3367-82. 1998..b>Nck is a SH3- and SH2-containing adaptor protein implicated in coordinating various signaling pathways, including those ..
- The Ste20 kinase misshapen regulates both photoreceptor axon targeting and dorsal closure, acting downstream of distinct signalsY C Su
Department of Pharmacology, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:4736-44. 2000..A mammalian homolog of Msn, Nck interacting kinase, interacts with the SH3 domains of the SH2-SH3 adapter protein Nck...
- Interaction of insulin receptor substrate 3 with insulin receptor, insulin receptor-related receptor, insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor, and downstream signaling proteinsP Xu
Diabetes Branch, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 274:15262-70. 1999..mIRS3 also bound to SHP2, Grb2, Nck, and Shc, but less strongly than to p85...
- Nck/Dock: an adapter between cell surface receptors and the actin cytoskeletonW Li
The Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology and the Norris Cancer Center, The University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1303 North Mission Road, Los Angeles, California CA 90033, USA
Oncogene 20:6403-17. 2001..pathway leading to DNA synthesis, recent studies have revealed that the biological function of the SH2/SH3 adapter Nck/Dock is to link cell surface receptors to the actin cytoskeleton...
- A conserved interaction between beta1 integrin/PAT-3 and Nck-interacting kinase/MIG-15 that mediates commissural axon navigation in C. elegansPatrice Poinat
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire, et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, BP 163, 67404 Illkirch, Communauté urbaine de, Strasbourg, France
Curr Biol 12:622-31. 2002..A number of integrin-associated molecules have been identified; however, in many cases, their function and role in the animal remain to be clarified...
- The Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase as a putative effector of Rap2 to regulate actin cytoskeletonKiyohito Taira
Division of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara cho, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:49488-96. 2004..By liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry, we have identified p155 as Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK)...
- Nck adapter proteins: functional versatility in T cellsMarcus Lettau
University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Institute of Immunology, Molecular Immunology, Arnold Heller Str 3, Bldg 17, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 7:1. 2009b>Nck is a ubiquitously expressed adapter protein that is almost exclusively built of one SH2 domain and three SH3 domains...
- Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein, WASPE O'Sullivan
Paul O Gorman Leukaemia Research Fund Centre for Childhood Leukaemia, Molecular Haematology Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:383-7. 1999..It binds in vivo to the adaptor proteins Nck and Grb2, to the cytoplasmic protein-tyrosine kinase Fyn and to the small Rho-like GTPase Cdc42, which is required ..
- Src and FAK kinases cooperate to phosphorylate paxillin kinase linker, stimulate its focal adhesion localization, and regulate cell spreading and protrusivenessMichael C Brown
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Medicine, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:4316-28. 2005..The Nck-PAK-PIX-PKL protein complex is recruited to focal adhesions by paxillin upon integrin engagement and Rac activation...
- TccP2-mediated subversion of actin dynamics by EPEC 2 - a distinct evolutionary lineage of enteropathogenic Escherichia coliAndrew D Whale
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Microbiology 153:1743-55. 2007..dogma is that actin polymerization by EPEC is achieved following tyrosine phosphorylation of Tir, recruitment of Nck and activation of neuronal Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP). In closely related enterohaemorrhagic E...
- Nck adapters are involved in the formation of dorsal ruffles, cell migration, and Rho signaling downstream of the platelet-derived growth factor beta receptorAino Ruusala
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 283:30034-44. 2008..Tyr-751 is a site for additional receptor interactors, it has been difficult to discriminate the signaling from Nck from signaling via other molecules...
- The interactome of the amyloid beta precursor protein family members is shaped by phosphorylation of their intracellular domainsRobert Tamayev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Neurodegener 4:28. 2009....
- Mitogenic signalling and substrate specificity of the Flk2/Flt3 receptor tyrosine kinase in fibroblasts and interleukin 3-dependent hematopoietic cellsM Dosil
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544 1014
Mol Cell Biol 13:6572-85. 1993..3'-kinase, Shc, Grb2, and Src family tyrosine kinases, but not Ras GTPase-activating protein, Vav, or Nck, physically associate with the Flk2/Flt3 cytoplasmic domain...
- Fibronectin-stimulated signaling from a focal adhesion kinase-c-Src complex: involvement of the Grb2, p130cas, and Nck adaptor proteinsD D Schlaepfer
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1702-13. 1997..FAK-induced phosphorylation of p130cas in the Src 1-298 cells promoted the SH2 domain-dependent binding of the Nck adaptor protein to p130cas, which may facilitate signaling to ERK2...
- Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein is associated with the adapter protein Grb2 and the epidermal growth factor receptor in living cellsH Y She
Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:1709-21. 1997..Both phosphorylation of WASp and its interaction with Grb2, as well as with another adapter protein Nck, remain constitutive in serum-starved or epidermal growth factor-stimulated cells...
- T cell activation stimulates the association of enzymatically active tyrosine-phosphorylated ZAP-70 with the Crk adapter proteinsS Gelkop
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Cancer Research Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
J Biol Chem 274:21519-27. 1999..with a lysate of activated Jurkat cells resulted in selective association of ZAP-70 with Crk, but not Grb2 or Nck, adapter proteins...
- NESK, a member of the germinal center kinase family that activates the c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway and is expressed during the late stages of embryogenesisK Nakano
Department of Life Science, Faculty of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:20533-9. 2000..In this study, we have isolated a mouse cDNA encoding a protein kinase homologous to Nck-interacting kinase (NIK), a member of the group I germinal center kinase family...
- Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-biphosphate (PIP2)-induced vesicle movement depends on N-WASP and involves Nck, WIP, and Grb2Stefanie Benesch
Department of Cell Biology, Gesellschaft fur Biotechnologische Forschung GBF, Mascheroder Weg 1, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:37771-6. 2002..vesicles at the tips of actin comets involved the recruitment of the Src homology 3 (SH3)-SH2 adaptor proteins Nck and Grb2 as well as of WASP interacting protein (WIP)...
- Constitutive p21-activated kinase (PAK) activation in breast cancer cells as a result of mislocalization of PAK to focal adhesionsMary R Stofega
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, California 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2965-77. 2004..PAK localization to focal adhesions in these cells is independent of PAK kinase activity, NCK binding, or GTPase binding, but requires the association of PAK with PIX...
- Ligation of cell surface-associated glucose-regulated protein 78 by receptor-recognized forms of alpha 2-macroglobulin: activation of p21-activated protein kinase-2-dependent signaling in murine peritoneal macrophagesUma Kant Misra
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Immunol 175:2525-33. 2005..phosphorylation upon binding of alpha2M* to GRP78, recruits PAK-2 to the plasma membrane via the adaptor protein NCK. Consistent with this hypothesis, silencing of GRP78 gene expression greatly attenuated the levels of membrane-..
- Differential regulation of WASP and N-WASP by Cdc42, Rac1, Nck, and PI(4,5)P2Nenad Tomasevic
Cytokinetics Inc, 280 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Biochemistry 46:3494-502. 2007..Our in vitro data demonstrates differential regulation of full-length WASP and N-WASP by cellular activators that highlights fundamental differences of response at the protein-protein level...
- Tir phosphorylation and Nck/N-WASP recruitment by enteropathogenic and enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli during ex vivo colonization of human intestinal mucosa is different to cell culture modelsStephanie Schüller
Centre for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Cell Microbiol 9:1352-64. 2007..While EPEC Tir recruits the host adaptor protein Nck to initiate N-WASP-Arp2/3-mediated actin polymerization, Tir derivatives deficient in tyrosine phosphorylation ..
- Cbl enforces an SLP76-dependent signaling pathway for T cell differentiationY Jeffrey Chiang
Experimental Immunology Branch, NCI, and NIA, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4429-38. 2009..which the amino-terminal tyrosine residues of SLP76 were mutated, eliminating sites of SLP76 interaction with Vav, Nck, and Itk; Delta20, in which 20 amino acids in the proline-rich region of SLP76 were deleted, removing a binding ..
- Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase is essential for Wnt signaling and colorectal cancer growthMiki Shitashige
Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 70:5024-33. 2010..We previously identified Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) as one of the proteins that interact with TCF4 in colorectal cancer cells, but its ..
- Genomic comparison of the O-antigen biosynthesis gene clusters of Escherichia coli O55 strains belonging to three distinct lineagesAtsushi Iguchi
Division of Bioenvironmental Science, Frontier Science Research Center, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
Microbiology 154:559-70. 2008..However, atypical O55 : H7 strains capable of triggering actin polymerization via the Tir-Nck pathway have recently been identified...
- The SH2/SH3 domain-containing protein Nck is recognized by certain anti-phospholipase C-gamma 1 monoclonal antibodies, and its phosphorylation on tyrosine is stimulated by platelet-derived growth factor and epidermal growth factor treatmentJ Meisenhelder
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute, San Diego, California 92186
Mol Cell Biol 12:5843-56. 1992..We show here that this 47-kDa protein is identical to the SH2/SH3-containing protein Nck (J. M. Lehmann, G. Riethmuller, and J. P. Johnson, Nucleic Acids Res. 18:1048, 1990)...
- Specific motifs recognized by the SH2 domains of Csk, 3BP2, fps/fes, GRB-2, HCP, SHC, Syk, and VavZ Songyang
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Mol Cell Biol 14:2777-85. 1994..a degenerate phosphopeptide library to predict the specificity of individual SH2 domains (src family members, Abl, Nck, Sem5, phospholipase C-gamma, p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase, and SHPTP2 (Z. Songyang, S. E...
- The Nck SH2/SH3 adaptor protein is present in the nucleus and associates with the nuclear protein SAM68D C Lawe
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The Kimmel Cancer Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Oncogene 14:223-31. 1997SH2/SH3 adaptor proteins are essential components of the signal transduction pathways initiated by tyrosine kinases. Nck is a ubiquitously expressed adaptor protein whose function has been enigmatic...
- Growth hormone stimulates the formation of a multiprotein signaling complex involving p130(Cas) and CrkII. Resultant activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase/stress-activated protein kinase (JNK/SAPK)T Zhu
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology and Defence Medical Research Institute, National University of Singapore, 30 Medical Drive, Singapore 117609, Republic of Singapore
J Biol Chem 273:33864-75. 1998..c-Cbl and Nck are also tyrosine-phosphorylated by cellular stimulation with hGH and associate with the p130(Cas)-CrkII complex...
- Involvement of hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1 in T cell receptor signalingP Ling
Department of Immunology and the Interdepartmental Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 276:18908-14. 2001..Upon TCR/CD3 stimulation, HPK1 formed inducible complexes with the adapters Nck and Crk with different kinetics, whereas it constitutively interacted with the adapters Grb2 and CrkL in Jurkat T ..
- Dok-R plays a pivotal role in angiopoietin-1-dependent cell migration through recruitment and activation of PakZ Master
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Research Building, S Wing, Room 227, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5, Canada
EMBO J 20:5919-28. 2001..in ECs following Ang1 stimulation, resulting in tyrosine phosphorylation of Dok-R and the subsequent recruitment of Nck and the p21-activating kinase (Pak/Pak1) to the activated receptor...
- Use of double-stranded RNA-mediated interference to determine the substrates of protein tyrosine kinases and phosphatasesMarco Muda
Serono Reproductive Biology Institute, Inc, Randolph, MA 02368, U S A
Biochem J 366:73-7. 2002..Dock, the ortho- logue of mammalian Nck, is also essential for correct axonal path-finding in Drosophila...
- Akt phosphorylation of serine 21 on Pak1 modulates Nck binding and cell migrationGuo Lei Zhou
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8058-69. 2003..The adaptor protein Nck binds Pak near serine 21, and its association is regulated by phosphorylation of this site...
- Structural basis for the specific recognition of RET by the Dok1 phosphotyrosine binding domainNing Shi
Laboratory of Structural Biology, Tsinghua University and National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing 100084, China
J Biol Chem 279:4962-9. 2004..in response to receptor tyrosine activation and interacts with ras GTPase-activating protein and Nck, leading to inhibition of ras signaling pathway activation and the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and c-Jun ..
- Enterohaemorrhagic and enteropathogenic Escherichia coli use different mechanisms for actin pedestal formation that converge on N-WASPSilvia Lommel
Department of Cell Biology, German Research Centre for Biotechnology GBF, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Cell Microbiol 6:243-54. 2004..For EPEC, recruitment of N-WASP downstream of Nck has been postulated to be mediated by WIP...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of caveolin-2 at residue 27: differences in the spatial and temporal behavior of phospho-Cav-2 (pY19 and pY27)Xiao Bo Wang
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and The Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Biochemistry 43:13694-706. 2004..Three SH2 domain-containing proteins, c-Src, Nck, and Ras-GAP, were found to associate with Cav-2 in a phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- XRab40 and XCullin5 form a ubiquitin ligase complex essential for the noncanonical Wnt pathwayRebecca Hui Kwan Lee
Department of Developmental Biology, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
EMBO J 26:3592-606. 2007..of Dishevelled (Dsh), a key signaling molecule in the Wnt pathway, through Rap2 and its effector Misshapen/Nck-interacting kinase (XMINK). XMINK interacts with Dsh, and is translocated to the plasma membrane by Wnt activation...
- Neph1 cooperates with nephrin to transduce a signal that induces actin polymerizationPuneet Garg
University of Michigan Medical School, Division of Nephrology, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5676, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:8698-712. 2007....
- The proline-rich sequence of CD3epsilon as an amplifier of low-avidity TCR signalingPankaj Tailor
Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre and Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Immunol 181:243-55. 2008..change in CD3epsilon that exposes a proline-rich sequence (PRS) and recruits the cytoskeletal adaptor Nck. This event, which precedes phosphorylation of the CD3epsilon ITAM, has been implicated in synapse formation and T ..
- Contact-dependent promotion of cell migration by the OL-protocadherin-Nap1 interactionShinsuke Nakao
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 182:395-410. 2008..In this study, we show that OL-pc bound Nck-associated protein 1 (Nap1), a protein that regulates WAVE-mediated actin assembly...
- Interaction between the N-terminal SH3 domain of Nck-alpha and CD3-epsilon-derived peptides: non-canonical and canonical recognition motifsClara M Santiveri
Instituto de Quimica Fisica Rocasolano, CSIC, Serrano 119, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1794:110-7. 2009The first SH3 domain (SH3.1) of Nckalpha specifically recognizes the proline-rich region of CD3varepsilon, a subunit of the T cell receptor complex. We have solved the NMR structure of Nckalpha SH3...
- c-mip impairs podocyte proximal signaling and induces heavy proteinuriaShao Yu Zhang
INSERM, UMR 955, Equipe 21, F 94010 Creteil, France
Sci Signal 3:ra39. 2010..Fyn and the cytoskeletal regulator N-WASP (neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein) and between the adaptor protein Nck and nephrin, potentially accounting for cytoskeletal disorganization and the effacement of foot processes seen in ..
- The Cdc42-associated kinase ACK1 is not autoinhibited but requires Src for activationWing Chan
sGSK Group, A Star Neuroscience Research Partnership, Proteos Building, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673, Singapore
Biochem J 435:355-64. 2011..The results of the present study can explain why ACK1 is responsive to so many external stimuli including RTKs and integrin ligation, since Src kinases are commonly recruited by multiple receptor systems...
- mig-38, a novel gene that regulates distal tip cell turning during gonadogenesis in C. elegans hermaphroditesMaria Martynovsky
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544 1014, USA
Dev Biol 368:404-14. 2012..Furthermore, the integrin-associated protein MIG-15/Nck-interacting kinase (NIK) works with MIG-38 to direct DTC turning as shown by mig-38 RNAi with the mig-15(rh80) ..
- Agonistic and antagonistic roles for TNIK and MINK in non-canonical and canonical Wnt signallingAlexander Mikryukov
Laboratory of Growth and Development, Cancer Research Centre, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e43330. 2012..Here we show that TNIK (Traf2 and Nck-interacting kinase) and MINK (Misshapen/NIKs-related kinase) MAP4K signalling kinases are integral components of ..
- Inhibitory effects of α-cyperone on adherence and invasion of avian pathogenic Escherichia coli O78 to chicken type II pneumocytesLi Yan Zhang
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, No 5333 Xi an Road, Changchun 130062, Jilin, China
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 159:50-7. 2014..addition, α-cyperone inhibited actin cytoskeleton polymerization induced by APEC-O78 through down regulating the expression of Nck-2, Cdc42 and Rac1. These results provide new evidence for the prevention of colibacillosis in chicken.
- Michael Demetriou; Fiscal Year: 2014..This in turn blocks recruitment of Nck, WASp, SLP-76 and CD4-Lck to TCR, F-actin remodeling and transfer of the complex to GM1/cholesterol-enriched ..
- MECHANISM OF DRUG TRANSPORT IN LUNG CANCER CELLSSanjay Awasthi; Fiscal Year: 2011..investigators has provided direct links between Rlip and ral, cdc42, clathrin-adapter AP-2, POB1, epsin, grb2/nck, src, insulin, EGF-R, TGF beta, hsf-1 and heat shock proteins...
- HERVE F AGAISSE; Fiscal Year: 2014..These exploratory studies may provide mechanistic insight into molecular and cellular processes relevant to the treatment and prevention of diseases caused by pathogens that exploit the actin cytoskeleton for their dissemination. ..
- Sanja Sever; Fiscal Year: 2015..the hypothesis that signaling at the slit diaphragm alters dynamin oligomerization cycle through direct dynamin-Nck interactions, which in turn initiates actin polymerization in the membrane vicinity...
- Functional Role of Nck and Crk Binding InteractionsBruce J Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): SH2/SH3 adaptors of the Crk and Nck families transduce signals by bringing together tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins that bind their SH2 domains with downstream effectors that bind their SH3 domains...
- Determining the Structural Topology of Nephrin-Receptor-Signaling-ComplexesCHI WON PAK; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Signaling by nephrin requires the adaptor protein, Nck, and the actin nucleation-promoting factor, N-WASP, to stimulate actin polymerization necessary for efficient glomerular function...
- Insulin Signaling to GLUT4 and the Actin CytoskeletonMichael Czech; Fiscal Year: 2007..The idea that this occurs through the activation of N-WASP or similar proteins via the adaptor Nck will be further tested by ablating expression of these proteins in adipocytes...
- FAK AND CAS AND ASTROCYTOMA MIGRATION/INVASIONCandece Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2003..followed by determination of the binding of p125FAK to Src, p130 CAS and Grb2, and the binding of p130CAS to Crk, Nck, Src and p125 FAK...
- The Role of PINCH-1 in Regulating Cardiac Neural Crest BehaviorJamie Lohr; Fiscal Year: 2007..containing wild-type PINCH-1 DNA or an overexpression vector containing targeted mutations in PINCH-1 ILK and Nck-2 binding sites...
- Membrane Trafficking of the Vesicular Glutamate Transporter, VGLUT1Sarah Foss; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, due to the key role of glutamate signaling in the central nervous system, it has also been implicated in other conditions such as anxiety disorders, epilepsy, and neuronal degeneration. ..
- INTEGRIN REGULATION BY R-RASErkki Ruoslahti; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) R-ras binds to the adapter protein Nck through an SH3 domain interaction...
- FUNCTION OF THE STE 20 KINASE NIK IN DROSOPHILAEdward Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have previously identified a mammalian Ste20 kinase NIK (Nck-Interacting Kinase) that specifically activates the JNK MAPK module...
- STUDIES OF A NOVEL SH2/SH3-CONTAINING CELLULAR ONCOGENEWei Li; Fiscal Year: 1999..b>Nck, a class II SH2- and SH3-(Src-homology 3) containing signaling molecule, is a ubiquitously expressed cellular ..
- Nck and Crk in VEGF-Induced Endothelial Cells MigrationDianne Cox; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our preliminary data indicate that the cell signaling proteins Nck and Crk play important roles in VEGF-induced cell migration...
- Function and development in the synapseLouis Reichardt; Fiscal Year: 2007..regulate glutamate receptor clustering and postsynaptic differentiation in Drosophila, focusing on the roles of the protein kinase PAK, the adapter molecule DOCK/NCK and proteins involved in their signaling pathways.
- Inhibition of Scar by the HEM2/Abi2/Pir121 ComplexSHAE PADRICK; Fiscal Year: 2005Scar, a WASP family protein, integrates signals from proteins such as Rac and Nck and regulates the formation of actin structures such as lamellipodia...
- REGULATION OF P21-ACTIVATED KINASESJonathan Chernoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..contributions of the GTPases Cdc42 and Rac, the guanine nucleotide exchange factor PIX, and the adaptor protein Nck to Pak1 activation and relocalization induced by external stimuli...
- NEPHRIN AND KIDNEY FUNCTION AND DISEASEKarl Tryggvason; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Anti-angiogenic signaling molecules in retinal cellsNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2004..our long-term goal is to begin to apply the information obtained from this project to the design of strategies to regulate angiogenesis in clinical settings. ..
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- Role of Protein Ubiquitination in AngiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identification of molecules that inhibit the angiogenic signaling of VEGFR-2 will provide new avenues for development of better and more effective agents to combat angiogenesis-associated diseases. ..
- Novel Animal Models of Familial British, Danish and Alzheimer's DementiaLUCIANO D ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cellular signaling and Trafficking of APP Family MembersLUCIANO D ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may clarify the biological role of APP family members and have important practical applications in the development of new compounds for the cure and or prevention of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Fox proteins mediate insulin-increasedPAI-1 transcriptionFREDERICK STANLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal sets forth a strategy for accomplishing these goals. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signaling Function by APP Processing and Release of AIDLUCIANO D ADAMIO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lastly, regulation of APP endocytosis and processing by Numb/Nbl proteins might provide potential new targets for compounds aimed to reduce Abeta production. ..
- VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in angiogenesisNader Rahimi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once we determine the mechanism by which VEGF receptors are engaged it will be possible to attenuate the angiogenic signal transduction relay by developing targeted therapeutic interventions aimed at angiogenesis suppression ..
- Kidney vascularization: semaphorin-mediated mechanisms.Alda Tufro; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding the molecular basis of guidance cues for cell migration should enable us to generate new strategies for diagnosis and treatment of congenital renal abnormalities and to develop organogenesis in vitro. ..