Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NCAM2
Description: neural cell adhesion molecule 2
Alias: NCAM21, neural cell adhesion molecule 2, N-CAM-2, NCAM-2
- Cloning of a novel human neural cell adhesion molecule gene (NCAM2) that maps to chromosome region 21q21 and is potentially involved in Down syndromeA Paoloni-Giacobino
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Geneva University Medical School, Switzerland
Genomics 43:43-51. 1997..The predicted polypeptide of this novel NCAM2 gene contains 837 amino acids and shows 62% similarity to the NCAM homologs...
- Time-controlled transcardiac perfusion cross-linking for the study of protein interactions in complex tissuesGerold Schmitt-Ulms
Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nat Biotechnol 22:724-31. 2004..Many of these proteins have been implicated in cell adhesion/neuritic outgrowth, and harbor immunoglobulin C2 and fibronectin type III-like motifs...
- Chromosome-wide mapping of estrogen receptor binding reveals long-range regulation requiring the forkhead protein FoxA1Jason S Carroll
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 122:33-43. 2005..Furthermore, knockdown of FoxA1 expression blocks the association of ER with chromatin and estrogen-induced gene expression demonstrating the necessity of FoxA1 in mediating an estrogen response in breast cancer cells...
- Whole-genome sequencing reveals the mutational landscape of metastatic small-cell gallbladder neuroendocrine carcinoma (GB-SCNEC)Maolan Li
Department of General Surgery, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, 200092, China Institute of Biliary Tract Disease, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, 200092, China
Cancer Lett . 2016..Two gene fusions, NCAM2-SGCZ and BTG3-CCDC40 were also discovered and validated by Sanger sequencing...
- Comparison of gene and protein expressions in rats residing in standard cages with those having access to an exercise wheelHelaine M Alessio
Department of Kinesiology and Health, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Biomed Res Int 2014:950516. 2014..In SED, ten unique DEGs occurred with age; three had cell adhesion functions (fn1, lgals3, ncam2)...
- Genome-wide survival analysis of age at onset of alcohol dependence in extended high-risk COGA familiesManav Kapoor
Washington University School of Medicine, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 142:56-62. 2014..The present study evaluated whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) can influence the age at onset of AD in large high-risk families from the Collaborative Study on the Genetics of Alcoholism (COGA)...
- 5' isomiR variation is of functional and evolutionary importanceGeok Chin Tan
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK National University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Nucleic Acids Res 42:9424-35. 2014..and in support of this we report that a 5' isomiR-9-1 gained the ability to inhibit the expression of DNMT3B and NCAM2 but lost the ability to inhibit CDH1 in vitro. This result was confirmed by the use of isomiR-specific sponges...
- Identifying rare variants for genetic risk through a combined pedigree and phenotype approach: application to suicide and asthmaT M Darlington
Department of Psychiatry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Transl Psychiatry 4:e471. 2014..factor (BDNF), neutral sphingomyelinase 2 (SMPD2), homeobox b2 (HOXB2), neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM2), heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A0 (HNRNPA0)), inflammation (free fatty acid receptor 2 (FFAR2)) and ..
- 21q21 deletion involving NCAM2: report of 3 cases with neurodevelopmental disordersFlorence Petit
Service de génétique clinique, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, CHRU Lille, France Université Lille Nord de France, Lille, France Electronic address
Eur J Med Genet 58:44-6. 2015Here we report three patients affected with neurodevelopmental disorders and harbouring 21q21 deletions involving NCAM2 gene...
- Neural cell adhesion molecule 2 promotes the formation of filopodia and neurite branching by inducing submembrane increases in Ca2+ levelsLifu Sheng
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, 2052 New South Wales, Australia
J Neurosci 35:1739-52. 2015Changes in expression of the neural cell adhesion molecule 2 (NCAM2) have been proposed to contribute to neurodevelopmental disorders in humans. The role of NCAM2 in neuronal differentiation remains, however, poorly understood...
- mRNA profiling reveals determinants of trastuzumab efficiency in HER2-positive breast cancerSilvia von der Heyde
Statistical Bioinformatics, Department of Medical Statistics, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany IndivuTest GmbH, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0117818. 2015..GDF15, IL8, LCN2, PTGS2 and 20 other genes were significantly higher expressed in HCC1954 than in BT474, while NCAM2, COLEC12, AFF3, TFF3, NRCAM, GREB1 and TFF1 were significantly lower expressed...
- OCAM regulates embryonic spinal cord stem cell proliferation by modulating ErbB2 receptorLoic Deleyrolle
Department of Neurosurgery, College of Medicine, University of Florida Gainesville, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0122337. 2015..Here we report the expression of the olfactory cell adhesion molecule (OCAM/NCAM2/RNCAM) during mouse spinal cord development and in neural stem cells cultured as neurospheres...
- Aβ-dependent reduction of NCAM2-mediated synaptic adhesion contributes to synapse loss in Alzheimer's diseaseIryna Leshchyns'ka
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales 2052, Australia
Nat Commun 6:8836. 2015..We show that the neural cell adhesion molecule 2 (NCAM2) is enriched in synapses in the human hippocampus...
- Discovery of candidate tumor biomarkers for treatment with intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancerBrandon Luke L Seagle
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Western Connecticut Health Network, Danbury, CT, U S A
Sci Rep 6:21591. 2016..43 (0.28-0.66), p = 0.0001) and OS (49.6 vs 38.2 months, HR 0.46 (0.25-0.83), p = 0.01). Increased expression of NCAM2 and TSHR and decreased expression of GCNT1 was associated with decreased PFS and OS after IV chemotherapy (p < ..
- Alterations of androgen receptor-regulated enhancer RNAs (eRNAs) contribute to enzalutamide resistance in castration-resistant prostate cancerJingwen Zhao
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin 130021, China
Oncotarget 7:38551-38565. 2016..Expression of AR-eRNAs and related mRNAs in the loci of FTO, LUZP2, MARC1 and NCAM2 were further verified by real-time RT-PCR...
- Diagnosis of Van den Ende-Gupta syndrome: Approach to the Marden-Walker-like spectrum of disordersKaren Y Niederhoffer
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 170:2310-21. 2016..L870V) in SCARF2 and predicted damaging mutations in several genes, most notably DGCR2 (p.P75L) and NCAM2 (p.S147G), both possible candidates for this child's intellectual disability...
- NCAM2 deletion in a boy with macrocephaly and autism: Cause, association or predisposition?Caroline Scholz
Institute of Human Genetics, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany Electronic address
Eur J Med Genet 59:493-8. 2016..problems, disturbed sleep and macrosomia including macrocephaly carrying a microdeletion that contains the entire NCAM2 gene and no other functional genes...
- Male and female germline specific expression of an EGFP reporter gene in a unique strain of transgenic ratsJennifer T Cronkhite
Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9038, USA
Dev Biol 284:171-83. 2005..FISH was used to localize the transgene insertion to chromosome 11q11-q12, proximal to Grik1 and near Ncam2. Analysis of the region did not identify known germ cell-specific genes but did identify 19 ESTs or transcribed ..
- A high proportion of chromosome 21 promoter polymorphisms influence transcriptional activityPaul R Buckland
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Gene Expr 11:233-9. 2004..The functional variants were distributed across the promoters of CRYAA, IFNAR1, KCNJ15, NCAM2, IGSF5, and B3GALT5...
- Human skin-derived stem cells as a novel cell source for in vitro hepatotoxicity screening of pharmaceuticalsRobim M Rodrigues
1 Department of Toxicology, Center for Pharmaceutical Research, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Stem Cells Dev 23:44-55. 2014..hSKP [hSKP-derived hepatic progenitor cells (hSKP-HPC)] express hepatic progenitor cell markers (EPCAM, NCAM2, PROM1) and adult hepatocyte markers (ALB), as well as key biotransformation enzymes (CYP1B1, FMO1, GSTA4, GSTM3) ..
- Comparative gene expression analysis of the human periodontal ligament in deciduous and permanent teethJe Seon Song
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e61231. 2013..tissue degradation (IL6 and ADAMTS18), myocontraction (PDE3B, CASQ2, and MYH10), and neurological responses (FOS, NCAM2, SYT1, SLC22A3, DOCK3, LRRTM1, LRRTM3, PRSS12, and ARPP21)...
- NCAM2/OCAM/RNCAM: cell adhesion molecule with a role in neuronal compartmentalizationMalene Winther
Protein Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Panum Institute, Blegdamsvej 3C, Building 24 2, 2200 Copenhagen N, DK, Denmark
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 44:441-6. 2012Neural cell adhesion molecules 2 (NCAM2/OCAM/RNCAM), is a paralog of NCAM1...
- Neural cell adhesion molecule 2 as a target molecule for prostate and breast cancer gene therapyShu Takahashi
Department of Molecular Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:808-14. 2011..It was identified as neural cell adhesion molecule 2 (NCAM2)...
- Crystal structure of the Ig1 domain of the neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM2 displays domain swappingKim K Rasmussen
Protein Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Mol Biol 382:1113-20. 2008The crystal structure of the first immunoglobulin (Ig1) domain of neural cell adhesion molecule 2 (NCAM2/OCAM/RNCAM) is presented at a resolution of 2.7 A...
- A 2-Mb sequence-ready contig map and a novel immunoglobulin superfamily gene IGSF4 in the LOH region of chromosome 11q23.2H Gomyo
Radiobiology Division, Oncogene Division, Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Genomics 62:139-46. 1999..It shares strong homology with mouse IGSF-B12 and cell adhesion molecules NCAM1 and NCAM2 within their Ig-like C2-type domains...
- Ts65Dn -- localization of the translocation breakpoint and trisomic gene content in a mouse model for Down syndromeE C Akeson
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor ME 04609, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 93:270-6. 2001..marker chromosome contains a small portion of Chr 17 euchromatin, that the Chr 16 breakpoint lies between the Ncam2 and Gabpa/App genes, and that the Ts65Dn chromosome contains >80% of the human Chr 21 homologs...
- Differential function of RNCAM isoforms in precise target selection of olfactory sensory neuronsMattias Alenius
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, Umea, S 901 87, Sweden
Development 130:917-27. 2003..RNCAM (OCAM, NCAM2) is assumed to regulate a broad zonal segregation of projections by virtue of being a homophilic cell adhesion ..
- The Lim homeobox gene Lhx2 is required for olfactory sensory neuron identityAsa Kolterud
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, Umea, SE901 87, Sweden
Development 131:5319-26. 2004..not diversify into subpopulations expressing different OR genes and other region-restricted genes such as Nqo1 and Ncam2. Lhx2-/- embryos have, however, a normal distribution of Mash1-positive and neurogenin 1-positive neuronal ..
- Expression analysis onto microarrays of randomly selected cDNA clones highlights HOXB13 as a marker of human prostate cancerS Edwards
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Male Urological Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Br J Cancer 92:376-81. 2005..genes through interrogation of SAGE databases, a further three genes from our clone set, HOXB13, SPON2 and NCAM2, emerged as additional candidate markers of human prostate cancer...
- Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1Umashankar Singh
Department of Development and Genetics, Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Dyn 234:1034-45. 2005..However, expression analysis of Car3 and Ncam2, which can take over the function of Car2 and Ncam1, respectively, indicated a possible rescue mechanism, as Car3 ..
- Identification of human STAT5-dependent gene regulatory elements based on interspecies homologyErik A Nelson
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:26216-24. 2006..We identified four such regions, including one with tandem STAT5 binding sites in the first intron of the NCAM2 gene...
- The DYRK1A gene, encoded in chromosome 21 Down syndrome critical region, bridges between beta-amyloid production and tau phosphorylation in Alzheimer diseaseRyo Kimura
Department of Psychiatry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 D3 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 16:15-23. 2007..dose supported genetic risk of 17 markers, of which eight markers were linked to the SAMSN1, PRSS7, NCAM2, RUNX1, DYRK1A and KCNJ6 genes...
- Ncam1a and Ncam1b: two carriers of polysialic acid with different functions in the developing zebrafish nervous systemMelanie Langhauser
Zoologisches Institut, Abteilung für Zell und Neurobiologie, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, Haid und Neu Strasse 9, Karlsruhe, Germany
Glycobiology 22:196-209. 2012..Phylogenetic analyses reveal the presence of two related gene clusters, NCAM1 and NCAM2, in tetrapods and fishes...
- Novel biomarkers for prostate cancer including noncoding transcriptsTammy L Romanuik
Genome Sciences Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Pathol 175:2264-76. 2009..100 kb) from mRNA AK000023), POP2 (4 kb from mRNA AL832227), POP3 (50 kb from EST CFI40309), POP5 (intron of NCAM2, accession DO668384), POP6 (intron of FHIT), POP7 (intron of TNFAIP8), POP8 (intron of EFNA5), POP9 (intron of ..
- A de novo 8.8-Mb deletion of 21q21.1-q21.3 in an autistic male with a complex rearrangement involving chromosomes 6, 10, and 21Chad R Haldeman-Englert
Division of Human Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 1002 ARC, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Med Genet A 152:196-202. 2010..The deletion involves 19 genes, including NCAM2 and GRIK1, both of which are associated with normal brain development and function, and have been considered as ..
- Ethanol-induced small heat shock protein genes in the differentiation of mouse embryonic neural stem cellsMi Ran Choi
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Hanyang University, Ansan 426 791, Republic of Korea
Arch Toxicol 85:293-304. 2011..including Ctnna1, Wnt5a, Wnt5b, Wnt7a, Fzd3, and Fzd2; genes related to cell adhesion, including Cadm1, Ncam1, and Ncam2; and genes encoding small heat shock proteins, including HspB2, HspB7, and HspB8...
- Axon growth and guidance genes identify nascent, immature, and mature olfactory sensory neuronsJeremy C McIntyre
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Neurosci Res 88:3243-56. 2010..Cell adhesion molecules were expressed either by both immature and mature OSNs (Dscam, Ncam1, Ncam2, Nrxn1) or solely by immature OSNs (Chl1, Nfasc1, Dscaml1)...
- Genome-wide association reveals genetic effects on human Aβ42 and τ protein levels in cerebrospinal fluids: a case control studyMi Ryung Han
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
BMC Neurol 10:90. 2010..We carried out a genome-wide association study (GWAS) in order to better define the genetic backgrounds to these three states in relation to CSF levels...
- Structural model and trans-interaction of the entire ectodomain of the olfactory cell adhesion moleculeNikolaj Kulahin
Protein Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Structure 19:203-11. 2011The ectodomain of olfactory cell adhesion molecule (OCAM/NCAM2/RNCAM) consists of five immunoglobulin (Ig) domains (IgI-V), followed by two fibronectin-type 3 (Fn3) domains (Fn3I-II)...
- A genome-wide association study on obesity and obesity-related traitsKai Wang
Center for Applied Genomics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18939. 2011..67 × 10(-9)), previously associated with body weight and fat distribution. Our study demonstrated how a relatively small sample ascertained through extreme phenotypes can detect genuine associations in a GWAS...