Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NAV2
Description: neuron navigator 2
Alias: HELAD1, POMFIL2, RAINB1, STEERIN2, UNC53H2, neuron navigator 2, helicase, APC down-regulated 1, pore membrane and/or filament-interacting-like protein 2, retinoic acid inducible gene in neuroblastoma 1, steerin-2, unc-53 homolog 2
- Pore membrane and/or filament interacting like protein 1 (POMFIL1) is predominantly expressed in the nervous system and encodes different protein isoformsJohannes F Coy
German Cancer Research Center, Division of Molecular Genomeanalysis, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, Heidelberg, Germany
Gene 290:73-94. 2002....
- The cell migration molecule UNC-53/NAV2 is linked to the ARP2/3 complex by ABI-1Kristopher L Schmidt
Department of Biology, Trinity Western University, Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1, Canada
Development 136:563-74. 2009..We have identified ABI-1 as a novel molecular partner of UNC-53/NAV2 and have found that a restricted calponin homology (CH) domain of UNC-53 is sufficient to bind ABI-1...
- Nav2 is necessary for cranial nerve development and blood pressure regulationElizabeth M McNeill
Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Neural Dev 5:6. 2010..b>Neuron navigator 2 (Nav2) was first identified as an atRA-responsive gene in human neuroblastoma cells (retinoic acid-induced ..
- Molecular Characterization of Voltage-Gated Sodium Channels and Their Relations with Paralytic Shellfish Toxin Bioaccumulation in the Pacific Oyster Crassostrea gigasFloriane Boullot
Laboratoire des Sciences de l Environnement Marin LEMAR, Institut Universitaire Europeen de la Mer, Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, UMR 6539 CNRS UBO IRD IFREMER, 29280 Plouzane, France
Mar Drugs 15:. 2017..The phylogenetic analysis highlighted two types of Nav in C. gigas: a Nav1 (CgNav1) and a Nav2 (CgNav2) with sequence properties of sodium-selective and sodium/calcium-selective channels, respectively...
- Biophysical characterization of the honeybee DSC1 orthologue reveals a novel voltage-dependent Ca2+ channel subfamily: CaV4Pascal Gosselin-Badaroudine
Centre de Recherche, Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Quebec City, Quebec G1J 2G3, Canada
J Gen Physiol 148:133-45. 2016..Phylogenetic analysis has classified DSC1 as a Ca(2+)-permeable Na(+) channel belonging to the NaV2 family because of its sequence similarity with NaV channels...
- 1-Methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine induced Parkinson's disease in zebrafishNukala Sarath Babu
CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology CCMB, Hyderabad, India
Proteomics 16:1407-20. 2016..Proteins such as NEFL, MUNC13-1, NAV2 and GAPVD1 were down regulated in the zebrafish brain for the PD phenotype, which were associated with the ..
- Neuron navigator 2 overexpression indicates poor prognosis of colorectal cancer and promotes invasion through the SSH1L/cofilin-1 pathwayFengbo Tan
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, 87 Xiangya Road, Changsha, Hunan, 410008, P R China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 34:117. 2015b>Neuron navigator 2 (NAV2) encodes a member of the neuron navigator gene family, which plays a role in tumorigenesis and cell migration...
- PLR-1, a putative E3 ubiquitin ligase, controls cell polarity and axonal extensions in C. elegansJaffar M Bhat
Department of Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6
Dev Biol 398:44-56. 2015..We observed that mutations in a gene reducing Wnt signalling as well as mutations in unc-53/NAV2 and unc-73/Trio suppress the AVG polarity defects in plr-1 mutants, but not the defects seen in other cells...
- The NAV2 homolog Sickie regulates F-actin-mediated axonal growth in Drosophila mushroom body neurons via the non-canonical Rac-Cofilin pathwayTakashi Abe
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan Graduate Program in Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Development 141:4716-28. 2014..We demonstrate that Sickie, a homolog of the human microtubule-associated protein neuron navigator 2, cell-autonomously regulates axonal growth of Drosophila mushroom body (MB) neurons via the non-canonical ..
- Dynamic microtubules catalyze formation of navigator-TRIO complexes to regulate neurite extensionJeffrey van Haren
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Biol 24:1778-85. 2014..Our data reveal a novel link between dynamic microtubules, actin cytoskeleton remodeling, and neurite extension...
- Genomewide association study for determinants of HIV-1 acquisition and viral set point in HIV-1 serodiscordant couples with quantified virus exposureJairam R Lingappa
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28632. 2011..To minimize misclassification of HIV-1 risk, we quantified HIV-1 exposure, using data including plasma HIV-1 concentrations, gender, and condom use...
- 14-3-3ε and NAV2 interact to regulate neurite outgrowth and axon elongationMark A Marzinke
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 540:94-100. 2013b>Neuron navigator 2 (NAV2) is required for all-trans retinoic acid (atRA) to induce neurite outgrowth in human neuroblastoma cells...
- Adaptive evolution of voltage-gated sodium channels: the first 800 million yearsHarold H Zakon
Section of Neurobiology, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:10619-25. 2012..Invertebrates possess two Nav channels (Nav1 and Nav2), whereas vertebrate Nav channels are of the Nav1 family...
- Abelson interactor-1 (ABI-1) interacts with MRL adaptor protein MIG-10 and is required in guided cell migrations and process outgrowth in C. elegansMolly A McShea
Department of Biology and Biotechnology, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 100 Institute Road, Worcester, MA 01609, USA
Dev Biol 373:1-13. 2013..In the excretory canal, ABI-1 is thought to act downstream of UNC-53/NAV2, linking this large scaffolding protein to actin polymerization during excretory canal outgrowth...
- The contactin RIG-6 mediates neuronal and non-neuronal cell migration in Caenorhabditis elegansMarkella Katidou
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Dev Biol 373:184-95. 2013..In addition, our data suggest that the cytoplasmic UNC-53/NAV2 proteins may contribute to relay signaling via contactins.
- DNA methylation analysis of murine hematopoietic side population cells during agingOluwatosin Taiwo
Medical Genomics UCL Cancer Institute University College London London, UK UCL Institute of Healthy Ageing University College London London, UK
Epigenetics 8:1114-22. 2013..Interestingly, the polycomb repressive complex -2 (PCRC2) target genes Kiss1r, Nav2 and Hsf4 were hypermethylated with age...
- Transcriptional profiling of the injured sciatic nerve of mice carrying the Wld(S) mutant gene: identification of genes involved in neuroprotection, neuroinflammation, and nerve regenerationBenoit Barrette
Laboratory of Endocrinology and Genomics, Department of Molecular Medicine, Universite Laval, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Brain Behav Immun 24:1254-67. 2010..by the preferential upregulation of genes involved in axonal processes and plasticity (Chl1, Epha5, Gadd45b, Jun, Nav2, Nptx1, Nrcam, Ntm, Sema4f), inflammation and immunity (Arg1, Lgals3, Megf10, Panx1), growth factors/cytokines and ..
- Distinct cell guidance pathways controlled by the Rac and Rho GEF domains of UNC-73/TRIO in Caenorhabditis elegansNancy Marcus-Gueret
Department of Biology, Trinity Western University, Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1, Canada
Genetics 190:129-42. 2012The cytoskeleton regulator UNC-53/NAV2 is required for both the anterior and posterior outgrowth of several neurons as well as that of the excretory cell while the kinesin-like motor VAB-8 is essential for most posteriorly directed ..
- Gene expression and miR profiles of human corneal fibroblasts in response to dexamethasoneLei Liu
Academic Unit of Ophthalmology, School of Immunity and Infection, Institute of Biomedical Research, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:7282-8. 2011..In this study, genome microarray and microRNA (miR) analyses were used to evaluate the global gene and miR expression of human corneal fibroblasts (HKFs) in response to treatment with DEX...
- Nav2 hypomorphic mutant mice are ataxic and exhibit abnormalities in cerebellar developmentElizabeth M McNeill
Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 1544, USA
Dev Biol 353:331-43. 2011..b>Neuron navigator 2 (Nav2) is a cytoskeletal-interacting protein that functions in neurite outgrowth and axonal elongation...
- Primary structure and differential expression during development and pregnancy of a novel voltage-gated sodium channel in the mouseA Felipe
Department of Molecular Physiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
J Biol Chem 269:30125-31. 1994..An exception is the human Nav2.1 channel proposed to represent a second Na+ channel (NaCh) gene subfamily since comparison with previously cloned ..
- Transcriptional profiling of ion channel genes in Brugada syndrome and other right ventricular arrhythmogenic diseasesNathalie Gaborit
INSERM, UMR915, l institut du thorax, Nantes, France
Eur Heart J 30:487-96. 2009..5) are present in only 20% of probands. This study addressed the possibility that Brugada patients display specific expression patterns for ion-channels regulating cardiac conduction, excitability, and repolarization...
- Laser capture microdissection and cDNA array analysis for identification of mouse KIAA/FLJ genes differentially expressed in the embryonic dorsal spinal cordTomoyuki Masuda
Department of Anatomy, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, 1 Hikarigaoka, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Brain Res 1249:61-7. 2009..In situ hybridization analysis verified the expression of mRNAs of 6 genes (Hip1r, Nav2, Fstl5, Cacna1h, Bcr, and Bmper) in the cells that constitute the dorsal spinal cord...
- Genome-wide association scan of the time to onset of attention deficit hyperactivity disorderJessica Lasky-Su
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1355-8. 2008..Of these findings SLC9A9 stood out as a promising candidate, with nominally significant SNPs in six distinct regions of the gene...
- The atRA-responsive gene neuron navigator 2 functions in neurite outgrowth and axonal elongationP D Muley
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1544, USA
Dev Neurobiol 68:1441-53. 2008b>Neuron navigator 2 (Nav2) was first identified as an all-trans retinoic acid (atRA)-responsive gene in human neuroblastoma cells (retinoic acid-induced in neuroblastoma 1, RAINB1) that extend neurites after exposure to atRA...
- Role of all-trans retinoic acid in neurite outgrowth and axonal elongationMargaret Clagett-Dame
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 433 Babcock Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Neurobiol 66:739-56. 2006..Some of these effects, such as that on neuron navigator 2 (NAV2), may be direct, whereas others may be secondary to other atRA-induced changes in the cell...
- Sensory deficits in mice hypomorphic for a mammalian homologue of unc-53Pieter J Peeters
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, A Division of Janssen Pharmaceutica N V, Turnhoutseweg 30, B 2340 Beerse, Belgium
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 150:89-101. 2004..To gain further insight into the biological function of unc53H2, a recently identified mammalian homologue of unc-53, we have generated mice carrying a mutation of unc53H2 and ..
- The novel gene encoding a putative transmembrane protein is mutated in gnathodiaphyseal dysplasia (GDD)Satoshi Tsutsumi
First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Am J Hum Genet 74:1255-61. 2004..Cellular localization to the endoplasmic reticulum suggests a role for GDD1 in the regulation of intracellular calcium homeostasis...
- Identification and characterization of rain, a novel Ras-interacting protein with a unique subcellular localizationNatalia Y Mitin
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2054, USA
J Biol Chem 279:22353-61. 2004..Taken together, these observations support a role for Rain as a novel protein that can serve as an effector of endomembrane-localized Ras...
- Isolation of HELAD1, a novel human helicase gene up-regulated in colorectal carcinomasHideyuki Ishiguro
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Oncogene 21:6387-94. 2002..searched for genes regulated by adenomatous polyposis coli gene product (APC) and identified a novel gene, termed HELAD1 (helicase, APC down-regulated 1)...
- Neuron navigator: a human gene family with homology to unc-53, a cell guidance gene from Caenorhabditis elegansTamara Maes
Cell Signaling Group, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Genomics 80:21-30. 2002..1, 11p15.1, and 12q21.1. NAV1 and NAV2 are expressed in the developing brain...
- A mammalian homolog of unc-53 is regulated by all-trans retinoic acid in neuroblastoma cells and embryosR A Merrill
Department of Biochemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences Division, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:3422-7. 2002..By using the human neuroblastoma cell line, SH-SY5Y, we have identified an atRA-responsive gene (RAINB1: retinoic acid inducible in neuroblastoma cells) that is induced within 4 h after exposure of SH-SY5Y cells to ..
- Nav2/NaG channel is involved in control of salt-intake behavior in the CNSE Watanabe
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, and Center for Transgenic Animals and Plants, National Institute for Basic Biology, Myodaiji cho, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
J Neurosci 20:7743-51. 2000..These findings suggest that the Na(v)2 channel plays an important role in the central sensing of body-fluid sodium level and regulation of salt intake behavior...
- Immunolocalization of the mNav2.3 Na+ channel in mouse heart: upregulation in myometrium during pregnancyT J Knittle
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Am J Physiol 270:C688-96. 1996..These data provide perhaps the most dramatic example of NaC regulation. The acute and transient upregulation in myometrium during gestation suggests the Nav2.3 channel plays a role in uterine function at term.
- KV CHANNEL FUNCTIONING IN MACROMOLECULAR COMPLEXESJeanne M Nerbonne; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new R21 proposal will test the novel hypothesis that voltage-gated Na+ (Nav) channel accessory (Nav2) subunits regulate the functional expression of the voltage- gated K+ (Kv) channels underlying the rapidly ..
- Gordon Research Conference on NeuroethologyHarold Zakon; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our goal is for broad intellectual and technical cross-fertilization between these two traditions. ..
- SENSORY RECALIBRATION OF MOTOR OUTPUTHarold Zakon; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HORMONAL MODULATION OF A COMMUNICATION SIGNALHarold Zakon; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..