Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYL4
Description: myosin light chain 4
Alias: ALC1, AMLC, GT1, PRO1957, myosin light chain 4, myosin light chain 1, embryonic muscle/atrial isoform, myosin light chain alkali GT-1 isoform, myosin, atrial/fetal muscle, light chain, myosin, light chain 4, alkali; atrial, embryonic, myosin, light polypeptide 4, alkali; atrial, embryonic
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene transcripts in a mouse hypothalamic neuronal GT1 cell lineT T Yeo
Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 42:255-62. 1996..RNA transcripts derived from the gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) gene in a mouse hypothalamic neuronal GT1 cell line...
- Functional characterization of the human atrial essential myosin light chain (hALC-1) in a transgenic rat modelAhmed Ihab Abdelaziz
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, Molecular Muscle Physiology, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 82:265-74. 2004..2 to 1,364 +/- 137.4 mmHg/s in the relaxation rate in the WKY and the TGR groups respectively. Characterizing the functional effects of hALC-1 at the whole organ level represents a step towards gene therapy of heart failure...
- Proteomic analysis of pharmacologically preconditioned cardiomyocytes reveals novel phosphorylation of myosin light chain 1D K Arrell
Department of Physiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Circ Res 89:480-7. 2001..This proteomic analysis of preconditioned myocardium has revealed a previously unsuspected in vivo posttranslational modification to MLC1...
- Minigenes encoding N-terminal domains of human cardiac myosin light chain-1 improve heart function of transgenic ratsHannelore Haase
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 20:865-73. 2006..The positive inotropic effect of MLC-1 peptides occurred in the absence of a hypertrophic response. Thus, expression of N-terminal domains of MLC-1 represent a valuable tool for the treatment of the failing heart...
- Human atrial myosin light chain 1 expression attenuates heart failureAhmed Ihab Abdelaziz
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 565:283-92; discussion 92, 405-15. 2005..These results demonstrate that the expression of hALC-1 could have a beneficial effect on the overloaded hypertrophied heart...
- Transcriptional regulation of P450scc gene expression in neural and steroidogenic cells: implications for regulation of neurosteroidogenesisP Zhang
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Mol Endocrinol 9:1571-82. 1995..gene was assessed in mouse adrenocortical Y-1, mouse Leydig MA-10, rat C6 glioma, rat GC somatotrope, and mouse GT1-7 neurosecretory cell lines...
- Transcription factors Oct-1 and C/EBPbeta (CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-beta) are involved in the glutamate/nitric oxide/cyclic-guanosine 5'-monophosphate-mediated repression of mediated repression of gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expressionD D Belsham
Department of Reproductive Medicine, The Center for Molecular Genetics, University of Califonia, La Jolla 92093, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:212-28. 2000..transduction pathway through cGMP-dependent protein kinase in the hypothalamic GnRH-secreting neuronal cell line GT1-7. This repression localized within a previously characterized 300-bp neuron-specific enhancer...
- Modulation of contractility in human cardiac hypertrophy by myosin essential light chain isoformsM C Schaub
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 37:381-404. 1998..beta-myosin heavy chains remain unchanged, but the ectopic expression of the atrial myosin essential light chain (ALC1) partially replaces the endogenous ventricular isoform (VLC1)...
- Differences between two real-time PCR-based hepatitis C virus (HCV) assays (RealTime HCV and Cobas AmpliPrep/Cobas TaqMan) and one signal amplification assay (Versant HCV RNA 3.0) for RNA detection and quantificationJohannes Vermehren
Zentrum der Inneren Medizin, Medizinische Klinik 1, Klinikum der JW Goethe Universität, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 46:3880-91. 2008..Commercially available HCV RNA assays are calibrated to the HCV genotype 1 (gt1)-based WHO standard. Significant differences between assays have been reported...
- A novel mechanism for endocrine-disrupting effects of polychlorinated biphenyls: direct effects on gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronesA C Gore
Kastor Neurobiology of Aging Laboratories, Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, and Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 14:814-23. 2002..The effects of two PCB mixtures, Aroclor 1221 and Aroclor 1254, were tested on the hypothalamic GT1-7 cells, which synthesize and secrete the key hypothalamic hormone, gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)...
- Specific gene targeting in Spiroplasma citri: improved vectors and production of unmarked mutations using site-specific recombinationSybille Duret
UMR 1090 Génomique Développement et Pouvoir Pathogène, INRA, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Centre INRA de Bordeaux, Villenave D Ornon, France
Microbiology 151:2793-803. 2005..In contrast to the wild-type strain GII-3, the crr-disrupted mutant GII3-gt1 used neither glucose nor trehalose, indicating that in S...
- A virus-induced gene silencing screen identifies a role for Thylakoid Formation1 in Pseudomonas syringae pv tomato symptom development in tomato and ArabidopsisTamding Wangdi
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401, USA
Plant Physiol 152:281-92. 2010..These were designated as ALC (for altered COR response) genes. When silenced, one of the identified genes, ALC1, produced a hypersensitive/necrosis-like phenotype upon COR application in a Coronatine-Insensitive1 (COI1)-..
- Neuropeptide-induced transactivation of a neuronal epidermal growth factor receptor is mediated by metalloprotease-dependent formation of heparin-binding epidermal growth factorBukhtiar H Shah
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 279:414-20. 2004..In immortalized hypothalamic neurons (GT1-7 cells), agonist binding to the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRH-R) causes phosphorylation of MAPKs ..
- Transforming growth factor beta1 may directly influence gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expression in the rat hypothalamusSebastien Bouret
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 422, Lille, France
Endocrinology 145:1794-801. 2004In vitro studies using immortalized GT1 cells suggest that hypothalamic astrocytes employ TGFbeta(1) to directly regulate the secretion of GnRH, the neurohormone that controls sexual maturation and adult reproductive function...
- Effects of glucose and insulin on glucokinase activity in rat hypothalamusCarmen Sanz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
J Endocrinol 193:259-67. 2007..and on the activity of this enzyme in the hypothalamus, we used two kinds of biological models: hypothalamic GT1-7 cells and rat hypothalamic slices...
- Potentiation, activation and blockade of GABAA receptors of clonal murine hypothalamic GT1-7 neurones by propofolS Adodra
Department of Anesthesiology, UCLA Medical Center 90024, USA
Br J Pharmacol 115:953-60. 1995..and the intravenous general anaesthetic propofol (2,6-diisopropylphenol) on GABAA receptors of self-replicating GT1-7 hypothalamic neurones were investigated by the patch clamp technique. 2...
- Substrate specificity and inhibitor studies of a membrane-bound ganglioside sialidase isolated from human brain tissueChristian Oehler
Institute of Pathochemistry and Neurochemistry, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 220 221, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Biol Chem 383:1735-42. 2002..The sialidase removed terminal sialic acids from gangliosides GM3, GM4, GD3, GD2, GD1 a, GD1 b, GT1 b and GQ1 b, but was inactive toward gangliosides with sialic acid in a branching position (as in GM1 and GM2)...
- Promoter usage and estrogen regulation of prolactin receptor gene in the brain of the female ratXiujun Pi
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7401, USA
Neuroendocrinology 77:187-97. 2003..The expression of PRL-R mRNA was up-regulated by estrogen treatment in the rat brain tissue and in the GT1-7 cell culture...
- Characterization of chloride efflux from GT1-7 neurons: lack of effect of ethanol on GABAA responseM A Javors
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
Brain Res 780:183-9. 1998The purpose of this study of GT1-7 neurons was to partially characterize basal Cl- transport and GABAA mediated Cl- efflux and to test the effect of ethanol on a GABAA receptor that lacks a gamma subunit...
- Structure-function analysis of the UDP-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase. Essential residues lie in a predicted active site cleft resembling a lactose repressor foldF K Hagen
Center for Oral Biology, Rochester Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 274:6797-803. 1999..The 112-amino acid glycosyltransferase 1 (GT1) motif represents the first half of the catalytic unit and contains a short aspartate-any residue-histidine (DXH) ..
- Structure of the human gene and two rat cDNAs encoding the alpha chain of GTP-binding regulatory protein Go: two different mRNAs are generated by alternative splicingT Tsukamoto
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:2974-8. 1991..Matsuoka, M. & Kaziro, Y. (1988) J. Biol. Chem. 263, 6656-6664] and also transducin G protein alpha subunit Gt1 alpha [Raport, C. J., Dere, B. & Hurley, J. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264, 7122-7128]...
- Concentration-dependent effects of muscimol to enhance pulsatile GnRH release from GT1-7 neurons in vitroT S King
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78284 7762, USA
Brain Res 824:56-62. 1999Immortalized GT1-7 neurons were used to characterize the effect of muscimol, a GABAA receptor agonist, to enhance pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) release...
- Cross-talk signals in the CNS: role of neurotrophic and hormonal factors, adhesion molecules and intercellular signaling agents in luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH)-astroglial interactive networkB Marchetti
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Catania, 95125 Catania, Italy
Front Biosci 2:d88-125. 1997..Different experimental paradigms such as co-culture and mixed culture models between the GT1-1 neurons and astroglial cells in primary culture, disclosed the presence of a bi-directional flow of informational ..
- Second messenger regulation of mouse gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expression in immortalized mouse hypothalamic GT1-3 cellsK L Yu
Dr Arthur M Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029
Mol Cell Endocrinol 102:85-92. 1994Using a transgenic mouse derived GnRH expressing neuronal cell line, GT1-3, we studied the effects of activation of cAMP, Ca2+ and protein kinase C pathways by forskolin, ionomycin and the phorbol ester phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (..
- Linkage analysis and comparative mapping of canine progressive rod-cone degeneration (prcd) establishes potential locus homology with retinitis pigmentosa (RP17) in humansG M Acland
James A Baker Institute for Animal Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3048-53. 1998..Identification of a linkage group flanking prcd ([TK1, GALK1, prcd]-[MYL4, C09.173, C09.2263]-RARA-C09.250-C09...
- Connexin 26 expression and extensive gap junctional coupling in cultures of GT1-7 cells secreting gonadotropin-releasing hormoneL Hu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology Center, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Neuroendocrinology 70:221-7. 1999..A previous study using GnRH-secreting GT1-7 cells reported that connexin 26 was the major GJ subunit present, and that about 20% of the cultured cells ..
- [An experimental study of the role of myosin light chain in myogenesis in vitro]Suzhen Zhang
School of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu Sichuan, 610041, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:753-8. 2008..To investigate the role of myosin light chain (Myl) in myogenesis in vitro...
- Cetrorelix, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist, induces the expression of melatonin receptor 1a in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal cell line GT1-7Hirotaka Ishii
Department of Physiology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Neuroendocrinology 90:251-9. 2009..Using immortalized GnRH neurons (GT1-7 cells), the present study investigated the mechanism by which the expression of melatonin receptors is regulated ..
- Precise cell patterning using cytophobic self-assembled monolayer deposited on top of semi-transparent goldGaoshan Jing
Sherman Fairchild Center, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, USA
Biomed Microdevices 12:935-48. 2010..the patterning of four different kinds of cells using this technique: immortalized mouse hypothalamic neurons (GT1-7), mouse osteoblast cells (MC3T3), mouse fibroblast cells (NIH3T3) and primary rat hippocampal neurons...
- Contrasting strategies to cope with chilling stress among clones of a tropical tree, Hevea brasiliensisJing Mai
Clermont Universite, Universite Blaise Pascal, UMR PIAF, BP 10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand Cedex, France
Tree Physiol 30:1391-402. 2010Eight Hevea brasiliensis Muell. Arg. clones (GT1, YUNYAN77-4, IRCA707, IRCA317, PB217, PB260, PR107 and RRIM600) were compared for their tolerance towards chilling stress...
- Neuroprotective effects of nicergoline in immortalized neuronsM A Sortino
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Catania School of Medicine, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 368:285-90. 1999We studied the potential neuroprotective action of nicergoline in immortalized hypothalamic GT1-7 cells exposed to agents which deplete levels of reduced glutathione, thus causing oxidative stress and cell death...
- Roles of Src and epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation in transient and sustained ERK1/2 responses to gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor activationBukhtiar H Shah
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19118-26. 2003..is relatively sustained in alpha T3-1 pituitary gonadotropes and HEK293 cells but is transient in immortalized GT1-7 neurons...
- Inhibitors of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 signaling pathway clear prion-infected cells from PrPScElin K Nordström
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci 25:8451-6. 2005..factor (BDNF), stimulates the formation of PrPSc in a gonadotropin-releasing hormone-secreting neuronal cell line (GT1-1 cells) infected with the Rocky Mountain Laboratory (RML) strain of scrapie as determined by Western blot analysis...
- A contactin-receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase beta complex mediates adhesive communication between astroglial cells and gonadotrophin-releasing hormone neuronesA S Parent
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 19:847-59. 2007..b>GT1-7 immortalised GnRH neurones adhere to the CAH domain of RPTPbeta, and this adhesiveness is blocked when contactin ..
- Identifying candidate genes affecting developmental time in Drosophila melanogaster: pervasive pleiotropy and gene-by-environment interactionJulián Mensch
Departamento de Ecologia, Genetica y Evolucion, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
BMC Dev Biol 8:78. 2008..The present work is one of the first systematic studies of the genetic basis of developmental time, in which we also evaluate the impact of environmental variation on the expression of the trait...
- Regulation of GNRH production by estrogen and bone morphogenetic proteins in GT1-7 hypothalamic cellsHiroyuki Otani
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Kitaku, Okayama City 700 8558, Japan
J Endocrinol 203:87-97. 2009..We here investigated the effects of BMPs on GNRH production controlled by estrogen using murine GT1-7 hypothalamic neuron cells...
- Depolarizing shift in the GABA-induced current reversal potential by lidocaine hydrochlorideYoshihisa Nakahata
Department of Developmental Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Brain Res 1345:19-27. 2010..Furthermore, LC-HCl caused a depolarizing shift of E(GABA) in cultured GT1-7 cells expressing KCC2 but failed to change E(GABA) in GT1-7 cells without expression of KCC2...
- Gastro-oesophageal and bile reflux--simultaneous quantitative assessment with gastric and gallbladder emptying evaluation: clinical applicability of a new computerized gammagraphic methodP M da Costa
Cirurgia I Propedêutica Cirúrgica, Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa, Portugal
Nucl Med Commun 13:817-23. 1992..001). Patients with oesophagitis have a tendency for slower gastric emptying patterns (gastric emptying T1/2, GT1/2 P < 0.05). The calculated specificity for gallbladder emptying parameters was 77...
- Expression and signal transduction pathways of endothelin receptors in neuroendocrine cellsS S Stojilkovic
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Front Neuroendocrinol 17:327-69. 1996..parathyroid glands, pancreas, ovary, uterus, placenta, and prostate, while only ETA receptors are expressed in GT1 neurons, anterior pituitary cells, alpha T3-1 immortalized gonadotropes, parathyroid-derived cells, thyrocytes, ..
- Effect of Bcl-2 overexpression on mitochondrial structure and functionAlicia J Kowaltowski
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, 05508 900, Brazil
J Biol Chem 277:42802-7. 2002..respiration, membrane potential, deltapH, and intramitochondrial [K+] in digitonin-permeabilized PC12 and GT1-7 neural cells that either do not express human Bcl-2 (control transfectants) or that were transfected with and ..
- [Effects of nitriles and amides on the growth and the nitrile hydratase activity of the Rhodococcus sp. strain gt1]A Iu Maksimov
Institute of Ecology and Genetics of Microorganisms, Ural Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Pushkina 1 57, Perm, 614081 Russia
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 39:63-8. 2003..2.1.84) activity of the Rhodococcus sp. strain gt1 isolated from soil were studied...
- Astrocyte protection of neurons: role of transforming growth factor-beta signaling via a c-Jun-AP-1 protective pathwayKrishnan M Dhandapani
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Program in Neurobiology, and Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 278:43329-39. 2003..The results of the study show that soluble factors in astrocyte-conditioned media (ACM) protect murine GT1-7 neurons from serum deprivation-induced cell death and that this neuroprotection is correlated with enhanced ..
- Genomic cloning of ribonucleases in Nicotiana glutinosa leaves, as induced in response to wounding or to TMV-infection, and characterization of their promotersTakeshi Hayashi
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:2574-83. 2003..cis-regulating elements, such as the elicitor responsiveness element: the W-box, a TMV responsive element: GT1, and the WUN-motif at positions between -401 and -174...
- Expression of three gene families encoding cell-cell communication molecules in the prepubertal nonhuman primate hypothalamusA E Mungenast
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Beaverton, OR, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 17:208-19. 2005..Examination of LHRH neurones, using the LHRH-secreting cell line GT1-7, showed that these cells contain transcripts encoding NRXs and one of their ligands (NRL1), at least one ..
- Genomic structure and transcriptional regulation of the human growth hormone secretagogue receptorS Petersenn
IHF Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, Germany
Endocrinology 142:2649-59. 2001..was detected in monkey kidney COS-7 cells, human endometrium Skut-1B cells, mouse hypothalamic LHRH neuronal GT1-7 cells, or mouse corticotroph pituitary AtT20 cells...
- Exonic splicing enhancer-dependent splicing of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone premessenger ribonucleic acid is mediated by tra2alpha, a 40-kilodalton serine/arginine-rich proteinJae Young Seong
Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500 757, Korea
Mol Endocrinol 16:2426-38. 2002..In the presence of an ESE in exon 4 (ESE4), an addition of GT1 NE further increased the excision rate of intron A, whereas the addition of KK1 (a non-GnRH-producing cell) NE ..
- Expression of the fusion glycoprotein of Newcastle disease virus in transgenic rice and its immunogenicity in miceZhen Quan Yang
College of Bioscience and Biotechnology and Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Physiology, Yangzhou University, 12 East Wenhui Road, Yangzhou, Jiangsu 225009, PR China
Vaccine 25:591-8. 2007..gene of Newcastle disease virus (NDV F) under the control of maize ubiquitin (Ubi) promoter or rice glutelin (Gt1) promoter, respectively, were constructed, and introduced into rice (Oryzy sativa L...
- Activation of the melanocortin-4 receptor mobilizes intracellular free calcium in immortalized hypothalamic neuronsErika A Newman
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0346, USA
J Surg Res 132:201-7. 2006..To further understand its function, we hypothesized that the melanocortin-4 receptor activates the Galphaq/phospholipase C signaling pathway, resulting in alterations of cytoplasmic calcium in immortalized hypothalamic (GT1-1) neurons.
- The promoter of the TLC1.1 retrotransposon from Solanum chilense is activated by multiple stress-related signaling moleculesMarcela Salazar
Instituto de Biologia Vegetal y Biotecnologia, Universidad de Talca, Casilla 747, Talca, Chile
Plant Cell Rep 26:1861-8. 2007..Three putative cis-acting elements MRE, GCN4 and GT1/TCA identified in the P270 promoter may be involved in the PERE box-independent activation pathway...
- Leptin infusion and obesity in mouse cause alterations in the hypothalamic melanocortin systemJohann Gout
INSERM U855, Lyon, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1763-9. 2008..This hypothesis was reinforced after in vitro studies, using the mouse hypothalamic GT1-7 cell line, since both leptin and Norleucine(4), D-Phenylalanine(7)-alpha-MSH (NDP-alpha-MSH) treatments increased ..
- Epidemiology and pathogenicity of African bat lyssavirusesW Markotter
Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Dev Biol (Basel) 131:317-25. 2008..over the past four years from Epomophorus fruit bats and from incidental terrestrial animals and (4) Rabies virus (gt1) - with two virus biotypes endemic in mongoose and in canid species (mostly domestic dogs, jackals and bat-eared ..
- Globular adiponectin regulates energy homeostasis through AMP-activated protein kinase-acetyl-CoA carboxylase (AMPK/ACC) pathway in the hypothalamusJun Ping Wen
Department of Endocrinology, Fujian Provincial Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, China
Mol Cell Biochem 344:109-15. 2010..We investigated the possible mechanisms involved in appetite regulation by adiponectin in vitro with GT1-7 cells, a mouse immortalized hypothalamic neuron...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor is a neurotropic factor in GT1 gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal cell linesP S Tsai
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0556, USA
Endocrinology 136:3831-8. 1995..In this study, we investigated whether bFGF is neurotropic for GT1 GnRH neuronal cell lines and if these cells express functional FGF receptors (FGFRs)...
- NMDA and nitric oxide act through the cGMP signal transduction pathway to repress hypothalamic gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expressionD D Belsham
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego 92093, USA
EMBO J 15:538-47. 1996..and cGMP each repress expression of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) gene in the hypothalamic cell line, GT1. This repression is dependent upon signals from NMDA receptors activating NO synthase to synthesize NO...
- Physical and linkage mapping of human chromosome 17 loci to dog chromosomes 9 and 5P Werner
Center for Comparative Medical Genetics, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6010, USA
Genomics 42:74-82. 1997..centromeric two-thirds of dog chromosome 9 (CFA9), an acrocentric chromosome of medium size: P4HB, GALK1, TK1, GH1, MYL4, BRCA1, RARA, THRA1, MPO, NF1, and CRYBA1. Eight of these were also positioned on a linkage map spanning 38.6 cM...
- Multiple factors interacting at the GATA sites of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuron-specific enhancer regulate gene expressionM A Lawson
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0674, USA
Mol Endocrinol 12:364-77. 1998..Transactivation of the GnRH enhancer in GT1 cells and in NIH 3T3 cells by GATA-4 is modulated by GBF-B1 binding, suggesting GBF-B1 interferes with GATA factor ..
- Immortalized luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone neurons show a different migratory activity in vitroR Maggi
Department of Endocrinology, University of Milano, Italy
Endocrinology 141:2105-12. 2000The development of two cell lines (GT1 and GN) of immortalized LHRH neurons has allowed an accurate study of the mechanisms controlling the synthesis and the secretion of LHRH...
- Cyclical regulation of GnRH gene expression in GT1-7 GnRH-secreting neurons by melatoninD Roy
Institute for Medical Sciences, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 142:4711-20. 2001..We have found that GT1-7 GnRH-secreting neurons express membrane-bound G protein-coupled melatonin receptors, mt1 (Mel-1a) and MT2 (Mel-1b)..
- Melatonin receptor activation regulates GnRH gene expression and secretion in GT1-7 GnRH neurons. Signal transduction mechanismsDeboleena Roy
Institute for Medical Sciences, University of Toronto, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:251-8. 2002Melatonin plays a significant role in the control of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Using the GT1-7 cell line, an in vitro model of GnRH-secreting neurons of the hypothalamus, we examined the potential signal transduction ..
- Lead-induced cell signaling cascades in GT1-7 cellsQuanshun Zhang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, 200 Westboro Road, N, Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Brain Res Bull 61:207-17. 2003..Using the GT1-7 cell line, an in vitro model for GnRH-secreting neurons, we examined signal transduction pathways directly ..
- High expression of the R-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channel and its involvement in Ca2+-dependent gonadotropin-releasing hormone release in GT1-7 cellsMiho Watanabe
Department of Physiology, Nippon Medical School, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8602 Japan
Endocrinology 145:2375-83. 2004The GT1 cell has been widely used as a model cell to study cellular functions of GnRH neurons. Despite the importance of Ca(2+) channels, little is known except for L- and T-type Ca(2+) channels in GT1 cells...
- Cathepsin B and L are involved in degradation of prions in GT1-1 neuronal cellsKatarina M Luhr
Department of Neuroscience B2 5, Retzius vag 8, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Neuroreport 15:1663-7. 2004..L, in cellular processing of PrP(Sc) was analyzed in immortalized neuronal gonadotropin-releasing hormone cells (GT1-1) infected with scrapie. Treatment with inhibitors of either cathepsin B or L resulted in accumulation of PrP(Sc)...
- Glycosylation-related gene expression in prion diseases: PrPSc accumulation in scrapie infected GT1 cells depends on beta-1,4-linked GalNAc-4-SO4 hyposulfationAgnès Barret
Groupe d Innovation Diagnostique et Thérapeutique des Infections à Prions, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, 18 route du Panorama, 92265, Fontenay aux Roses, France
J Biol Chem 280:10516-23. 2005..expression of about 200 glycosylation-related genes was performed on prion-infected or not, hypothalamus-derived GT1 cells by hybridization of DNA microarrays, semiquantitative RT-PCR, and biochemical assays...
- Amino acids inhibit Agrp gene expression via an mTOR-dependent mechanismChristopher D Morrison
Neurobehavior Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E165-71. 2007..To define a cellular mechanism for these direct effects, GT1-7 hypothalamic cells were exposed to low amino acids for 16 h...
- A database of simple sequence repeats from cereal and legume expressed sequence tags mined in silico: survey and evaluationB Jayashree
Bioinformatics and Biometrics Unit, International Crops Research Institute for Semi Arid Tropics, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India
In Silico Biol 6:607-20. 2006..The primer pairs for non-redundant EST-SSRs have been designed and are freely available through the database (http://intranet.icrisat.org/gt1/ssr/ssrdatabase.html).
- Estrogen inhibition of norepinephrine responsiveness is initiated at the plasma membrane of GnRH-producing GT1-7 cellsAraceli Morales
Laboratory of Cellular Neurobiology, Department of Physiology, University of La Laguna, La Laguna, Spain
J Endocrinol 194:193-200. 2007..Using the GnRH-producing GT1-7 cell line, we have investigated whether E2 is able to modify the response of these cells to norepinephrine (NE) ..
- Involvement of CaM kinase II in gonadotropin-releasing hormone-induced activation of MAP kinase in cultured hypothalamic neuronsAyana Yamanaka
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara, Okinawa, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 466:234-41. 2007..protein kinases (CaM kinases), inhibited the GnRH-induced activation of MAP kinase in immortalized GnRH neurons (GT1-7 cells)...
- Heme oxygenase expression and activity in immortalized hypothalamic neurons GT1-7Nadia Mores
Institute of Pharmacology, Catholic University School of Medicine, Largo Francesco Vito 1, 00168 Roma, Italy
Neurosci Lett 444:106-8. 2008..b>GT1-7 cells are immortalized hypothalamic neurons and a valuable tool to evaluate hypothalamic neuroendocrine control ..
- Necdin, a Prader-Willi syndrome candidate gene, regulates gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons during developmentNichol L G Miller
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0674, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:248-60. 2009..an immature, migratory GnRH neuronal cell line (GN11), high levels are present in a mature GnRH neuronal cell line (GT1-7)...
- A diamond-based biosensor for the recording of neuronal activityPaolo Ariano
University of Torino, NIS Centre of Excellence, Department of Animal and Human Biology, Torino, Italy
Biosens Bioelectron 24:2046-50. 2009..b>GT1-7 cells, a neuronal cell line showing spontaneous action potentials firing, could maintain their functional ..
- HCV treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirin in patients with haemophilia and HIV/HCV co-infectionJ T Denholm
Infectious Diseases Unit, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, FL, Australia
Haemophilia 15:538-43. 2009..Nine of 13 (69%) patients had genotype (gt1) 1 HCV (3 x gt3, 1 x gt4)...
- Elution, partial separation, and identification of lipids directly from tissue slices on planar chromatography media by desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometryJustin M Wiseman
Prosolia, Inc, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, United States
Anal Chem 82:8866-74. 2010..e., GQ1, GT1, GD1, and GM1) and sulfoglycosphingolipids...
- Current Approaches to Restoring Walking in Patients during the Acute Phase of Cerebral StrokeV I Skvortsova
Russian State Medical University, Moscow, Russia
Neurosci Behav Physiol 41:536-41. 2011..Patients of the study group but not controls also received 20-min sessions using Motomed Viva 2 and Gait Trainer 1 (GT1) motor-assisted trainers accompanied by continuous monitoring of arterial blood pressure and heart rate...
- Central glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor-induced anorexia requires glucose metabolism-mediated suppression of AMPK and is impaired by central fructoseMelissa A Burmeister
Diabetes and Obesity Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute at Lake Nona, Orlando, FL 32827, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E677-85. 2013..that Ex-4 stimulates glycolysis and suppresses AMPK phosphorylation in a glucose-dependent manner in hypothalamic GT1-7 cells. This suggests that inhibition of AMPK and food intake by Ex-4 requires central glucose metabolism...
- Prion formation correlates with activation of translation-regulating protein 4E-BP and neuronal transcription factor Elk1Elin K Allard
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurobiol Dis 58:116-22. 2013..we here studied the activation of MEK/ERK and mTORC1 downstream targets in relation to PrP(Sc) accumulation in GT1-1 cells infected with the RML or 22L prion strains...
- Profiling and sequence analysis of gangliosides in human astrocytoma by high-resolution mass spectrometryAlina D Zamfir
Department of Chemical and Biological Sciences, Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Revolutiei Blvd 77, 310130, Arad, Romania
Anal Bioanal Chem 405:7321-35. 2013..31, attributable to GT1(d18:1/18:0) or GT1(d18:0/18:1)...
- Tripartite Motif-containing 33 (TRIM33) protein functions in the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP)-dependent DNA damage response through interaction with Amplified in Liver Cancer 1 (ALC1) proteinAtul Kulkarni
From the Department of Medicine, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903 and
J Biol Chem 288:32357-69. 2013..chromatin relaxation in part through the action of chromatin-remodeling enzyme Amplified in Liver Cancer 1 (ALC1)...
- CHD1L: a novel oncogeneWen Cheng
Department of Urology, Nanjing Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210002, Jiangsu, P, R, of China
Mol Cancer 12:170. 2013..CHD1L (chromodomain helicase/ATPase DNA binding protein 1-like gene) or ALC1 (amplified in liver cancer 1) is a newly identified oncogene located at Chr1q21 and it is amplified in many solid ..
- The combination of alisporivir plus an NS5A inhibitor provides additive to synergistic anti-hepatitis C virus activity without detectable cross-resistanceUdayan Chatterji
Department of Immunology and Microbial Science, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:3327-34. 2014..Combinations of ALV with DAAs exerted an additive effect on GT1 and -4...
- Clinical and in vitro resistance to GS-9669, a thumb site II nonnucleoside inhibitor of the hepatitis C virus NS5B polymeraseHadas Dvory-Sobol
Gilead Sciences, Foster City, California, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:6599-606. 2014..This report characterizes the virologic resistance to GS-9669 in vitro and in GT1 HCV-infected patients from a phase I clinical study...
- Characterization of the Toxoplasma gondii hsp60 gene sequences from different hosts and geographical locationsJ Lu
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology of Gansu Province, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China
Genet Mol Res 13:6906-11. 2014..hosts and geographical regions, which were compared with the corresponding sequences of strains ME49, 76K, and GT1 available in the ToxoDB databases. The length of the T...
- Isolation of acetogenic bacteria that induce biocorrosion by utilizing metallic iron as the sole electron donorSouichiro Kato
Bioproduction Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Sapporo, Japan Division of Applied Bioscience, Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 81:67-73. 2015..and Desulfovibrio sp. dominated in the enrichments. Strain GT1, which is closely related to the acetogen Sporomusa sphaeroides, was eventually isolated from the enrichment...
- rs7903146 polymorphism at transcription factor 7 like 2 gene is associated with total cholesterol and lipoprotein profile in HIV/hepatitis C virus-coinfected patientsDaniel Pineda-Tenor
1 Unidad de Infección Viral e Inmunidad, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 31:326-34. 2015..With regard to HCV-GT1 patients, the rs7903146 TT/TC genotype was associated with lower levels of HDL-C [adjusted arithmetic mean ratio (..
- GnRH agonist reduces estrogen receptor dimerization in GT1-7 cells: evidence for cross-talk between membrane-initiated estrogen and GnRH signalingRebecca J Chason
Program in Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 10 CRC, Room 1E 3140, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1109, Bethesda, MD 20892 1109, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 404:67-74. 2015..between estrogen receptors alpha (ERα) and beta (ERβ) and gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor (GnRH-R) in GT1-7 cells...
- Novel Interaction of Class IIb Histone Deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) with Class IIa HDAC9 Controls Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) Neuronal Cell Survival and MovementSmita Salian-Mehta
From the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes and
J Biol Chem 290:14045-56. 2015..We identified an increase in many HDACs in GT1-7 (differentiated) compared with NLT (undifferentiated) GnRH neuronal cell lines...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways promote low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1-mediated internalization of beta-amyloid protein in primary cortical neuronsWei Na Yang
Department of Human Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Institute of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases of Education Ministry, Xi an Jiaotong University Health Science Center, 76 Yanta West Road, Xi an 710061, China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 64:252-64. 2015..the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1) mediates Aβ1-42 uptake and lysosomal trafficking in GT1-7 neuronal cells and mouse embryonic fibroblast non-neuronal cells...
- Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) polymorphisms are associated with non-progression of chronic hepatitis C in HIV/HCV coinfected patientsAmanda Fernandez-Rodriguez
Viral Infection and Immunity Unit, National Centre for Microbiology, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Infect Genet Evol 36:339-44. 2015..014); respectively]. When data were stratified by major HCV genotypes, patients infected with HCV genotype 1 (GT1) had significant values for both rs1013151 and rs5744069 polymorphisms [aOR=5.79 (95%CI=1.44; 23.32) (p=0...
- Rapid chemical decontamination of infectious CJD and scrapie particles parallels treatments known to disrupt microbes and biofilmsSotirios Botsios
a Yale Medical School Section of Neuropathology Surgery New Haven, CT USA
Virulence 6:787-801. 2015..Monotypic neuronal GT1 cells infected with the FU-CJD or 22L scrapie agents do not have complex brain changes that can camouflage ..
- Treatment intensification with boceprevir in HIV-positive patients with acute HCV-genotype 1 infection at high risk for treatment failureMattias Mandorfer
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 128:414-20. 2016..We aimed to evaluate the concept of treatment intensification with boceprevir (BOC) in HIV-positive patients with HCV-genotype 1 AHC (HIV/AHC-GT1) at high risk for failure to pegylated interferon/ribavirin therapy (PEGIFN/RBV).
- Simeprevir plus sofosbuvir in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection and cirrhosis: A phase 3 study (OPTIMIST-2)Eric Lawitz
Texas Liver Institute, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
Hepatology 64:360-9. 2016..study (OPTIMIST-2 [NCT02114151]) evaluated the efficacy and safety of 12 weeks of simeprevir + sofosbuvir in HCV GT1-infected treatment-naive or treatment-experienced patients with cirrhosis...
- Synthetic prions with novel strain-specified propertiesFabio Moda
Unit of Neuropathology and Neurology 5, IRCCS Foundation Carlo Besta Neurological Institute, Milano, Italy
PLoS Pathog 11:e1005354. 2015..Mouse hypothalamic GT1 and neuroblastoma N2a cell lines were infected with these amyloid preparations as fast screening methodology to ..
- Functional Analysis of the Role of Toxoplasma gondii Nucleoside Triphosphate Hydrolases I and II in Acute Mouse Virulence and Immune SuppressionPhilipp Olias
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USAUniversity of South Florida
Infect Immun 84:1994-2001. 2016..In RAW264.7 macrophages, T. gondii type I strain (GT1) infection blocked interferon gamma (IFN-γ)-induced FLUC activity to a significantly greater extent than infection ..
- Fibroblast Growth Factor 8 Expression in GT1-7 GnRH-Secreting Neurons Is Androgen-Independent, but Can Be Upregulated by the Inhibition of DNA MethyltransferasesMegan L Linscott
Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University Kent, OH, USA
Front Cell Dev Biol 4:34. 2016..with the 5'UTR region upstream of the translational start site of the Fgf8 gene in immortalized mouse GnRH neurons (GT1-7) and nasal explants...
- The organic anion transporting polypeptide 1a5 is a pivotal transporter for the uptake of microcystin-LR by gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronsJie Ding
Immunology and Reproduction Biology Laboratory and State Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science, Medical School, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210093, China Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Nanjing 210093, China Electronic address
Aquat Toxicol 182:1-10. 2017..In this study, GT1-7 cells were exposed to MC-LR in order to determine whether the GnRH-secreting neurons were the target of MC-LR ..
- Scavenging of hydrogen peroxide and inhibition of ultraviolet light-induced oxidative DNA damage by aqueous extracts from green and black teasH Wei
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 26:1427-35. 1999..been extracted by serial chloroform, ethyl acetate and n-butanol, and divided into four subfractions designated as GT1-4 for green tea and BT1-4 for black tea, respectively...
- A glutamine transport gene, glnQ, is required for fibronectin adherence and virulence of group B streptococciGlen S Tamura
Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center and the University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Infect Immun 70:2877-85. 2002..GBS adhere to fibronectin when it is attached to a solid phase. We isolated a Tn917 transposon mutant, COH1-GT1, which shows decreased adherence to fibronectin...
- Asymmetric pharyngeal-cervical-brachial weakness associated with anti-GT1a IgG antibodyY Osaki
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
Acta Neurol Scand 106:234-5. 2002..dissociation in cerebrospinal fluid, electrophysiologic evidence of demyelination and elevation of IgG anti-GT1 a antibody titer paralleled the clinical course, support the diagnosis of Guillain-Barré syndrome...
- Neurokinin B causes acute GnRH secretion and repression of GnRH transcription in GT1-7 GnRH neuronsChristine A Glidewell-Kenney
Department of Reproductive Medicine and The Center for Reproductive Science and Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0674, USA
Mol Endocrinol 27:437-54. 2013..Here, we employ the GT1-7 cell model to elucidate the direct effects of NKB on GnRH neuron function...
- There is no regulatory role for induced nitric oxide in the regulation of the in vitro proliferative response of bovine mononuclear cells to mitogens, alloantigens or superantigensH J Schuberth
Immunology Unit, School of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Immunobiology 198:439-50. 1998..to investigate whether it modulates their proliferative response following allogeneic (mixed leukocyte cultures, aMLC), mitogenic (PWM, Con A) or superantigenic (SEA, SEB) stimulation...
- Androgen-activating enzymes in the central nervous systemA Poletti
Istituto di Endocrinologia, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 69:117-22. 1999..The 5alpha-R type 2 is present in the GT1 cells, a model of LHRH-secreting neurons...
- Adhesion-related kinase repression of gonadotropin-releasing hormone gene expression requires Rac activation of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathwayMelissa P Allen
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38133-40. 2002..Here, we investigated the signaling cascade required for Ark inhibition of the GnRH promoter in GT1-7 GnRH neuronal cells...
- Pamela L Mellon; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will utilize two major model systems: our immortalized GnRH-secreting hypothalamic cells (GT1) and genetically modified mice...
- NEUROSECRETORY GENE EXPRESSION IN THE HYPOTHALAMUSPamela L Mellon; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will utilize two major model systems: our immortalized GnRH-secreting hypothalamic cells (GT1) and genetically manipu- lated mice...
- Circadian Regulation of Gonadotropin-Releasing HormonePatrick E Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies in the previous funding period, using GnRH-secreting GT1-7 cell lines and transgenic mouse models, demonstrated that perturbations in GnRH-specific clocks can modulate ..
- Multiple circadian oscillators: Regulation of a neuroendocrine rhythmSandra J Legan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, immortalized GnRH neurons, GT1-7 cells, exhibit circadian rhythms of clock gene expression in vitro...
- Functional Characterization of Leishmania TransportersScott M Landfear; Fiscal Year: 2010..The second aim will investigate the specific functions of the 3 glucose transporter isoforms GT1, GT2, and GT3...
- Nikolai O Artemyev; Fiscal Year: 2016..The properties and regulation of rod transducin Gt1 during phototransduction are understood to a far greater extent than those of cone transducin Gt2...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF EUKARYOTIC MESSENGER RNA SYNTHESISRonald C Conaway; Fiscal Year: 2013..ATP-dependent chromatin remodelers referred to as the human INO80 complex and the SNF2 family member and oncogene ALC1 (Activated in Liver Cancer 1)...
- Robert A Rissman; Fiscal Year: 2015..To test this hypothesis, alpha-synuclein- overexpressing GT1-7 and B103 neuronal cells will be co- transfected with beta-synuclein GT1-7 cells will be evaluated for cell ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF AXON GROWTHCARL LAGENAUR; Fiscal Year: 1999..Some cells which do not express P84, including astrocytes and the hypothalamic-derived GT1-7 cell line, attach to P84 indicating that P84 must bind to a heterophilic receptor...
- ONTOGENY AND EXPRESSION OF THE CFTR IN BRAINANDREW MULBERG; Fiscal Year: 2003..Control mechanisms of neurosecretion will be examined in the fetal brain, and GT1-7, a GnRH-expressing hypothalamic neuronal cell line...
- A Molecular Dynamics Approach to GnRH PulsatilityFREDRIC BOOCKFOR; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recent development of GT1 clonal neuronal cultures that release GnRH in a pulsatile manner provided an excellent model system to study this ..
- Circadian Clock Regulation of Pulsatile GnRH SecretionPATRICK CHAPPELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..that not only are all molecular clock components, such as mPer1, mPer2, and clock present in the GnRH-secreting GT1-7 cell line, but that transcripts of mPer1 and mPer2 oscillate in these cultured cells with a circadian period...
- APOPROTEIN E AND NEURITE OUTGROWTHGODFREY GETZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The goal of this proposal is to examine the influence of apoE4 on neurite outgrowth using GT1-1 trk-9 cells exposed to exogenous apoE or stably expressing apoE in the cells...
- The Role of Progresterone in Hypothalamic GnRH SecretionMelissa Jo Brayman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim 1: Determine the effect of progesterone on GnRH secretion, in the presence or absence of estrogen, in GT1-7 cells. Specific Aim 2: Determine the mechanism of progesterone regulation of GnRH secretion...
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASES FOR RHYTHMIC GNRH RELEASESUZANNE MOENTER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Two complementary systems (GT1 cells and primary GnRH neurons) will be used to address the central goal...
- AP 1--AN ESTROGEN AND GLUCOCORTICOID INTEGRATORROSALIE UHT; Fiscal Year: 1999..Aims 4&5 will be accomplished by constructing response element driven reporter transgenes, testing them in the GT1 neuronal cell line, and making transgenic mice...
- Mechanisms of Response to GnRH Receptor SignalingMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..Isolation of actively translated and total mRNA from treated and control cells will allow identification and quantification of global changes in gene expression. ..
- Insulin Signaling in the Anterior PituitaryMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Inhibitors of HIV-Dendritic Cell Interactions as MicrobicidesPhilippe Gallay; Fiscal Year: 2008..This approach may not only provide valuable novel microbicides, but it will also allow us to assess the contribution of LC and DC to HIV transmission. ..
- ROLE OF CYCLOPHILIN A IN THE HIV-1 LIFE CYCLEPhilippe Gallay; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MECHANISMS AND FUNCTIONS OF ASTROCYTE CALCIUM SIGNALINGAndrew Charles; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF GBS ADHERENCE TO FIBRONECTINGLEN TAMURA; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will allow for identification of the structural gene(s) for fibronectin adhesin(s). ..
- ROLE OF BRAIN MONOAMINES AND LH AND PROLACTINRichard Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2001..the relationship between intracellular and extracellular cAMP levels and GnRH secretion; to determine whether GT1 cells express cAMP gated cation channels and how they are regulated; to determine which isoforms of adenyl cyclase ..
- REGULATION OF MESANGIAL CELL ECM SYNTHESIS BY GLUT1Charles Heilig; Fiscal Year: 2002..Deletion mutation analysis of activated reporter constructs will locate the limiting sequences of these cis-acting elements. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL CONTROL OF GNRH EXPRESSION BY POU PROTEINSMargaret Wierman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The POU-domain family members, SCIP and Brn-4 were cloned from GT1-7 neuronal cells...
- NOVEL FACTORS THAT REGULATE GNRH NEURONAL DEVELOPMENTMargaret E Wierman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans and HIV PathogenesisPhilippe Gallay; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FGF Regulation of GnRH NeuronsPei San Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, it will reveal if mutations on other genes encoding FGFs/FGFRs are also candidates for these human disorders. ..
- AhR and reproductive agingBRIAN PETROFF; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will provide crucial knowledge for the identification and prevention of infertility and birth defects due to the AhR pathway in older mothers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Experimental Creutzfeldt Jacob DiseaseLaura Manuelidis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Rapid infectivity assays in vitro can open the study of TSEs by providing a way to test any pure molecule or structure for its intrinsic infectivity by Koch's established postulates for infectious pathogens. ..
- Breast stem cell analysis in random periareolar fine needle aspirates from high rBRIAN PETROFF; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, this work has the potential to improve our understanding of breast stem cells and cancer risk and refine breast cancer prevention through a novel stem cell-targeted approach. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Syndecan Agonists and Antagonists as MicrobicidesPhilippe Gallay; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, microbicides targeting gp120-syndecan interactions will exhibit a broad inhibitory spectrum against sexually transmitted pathogens. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microenvironment Modulates HIV Replication in MacrophagePhilippe Gallay; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antiangiogenic action 16k hPRL in retinal microvesselsRichard Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide the basis for developing potent antiangiogenic factors for the treatment of abnormal neovascualization of the retina. ..
- Signaling Pathways Regulating GnRH SecretionRichard Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pulsatile GnRH release is an intrinsic property of GT1 GnRH cells and endogenous GnRH neurons...
- Mitochondrial Targets in Methylmalonic AcidemiaAlicia Kowaltowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results obtained in this study will contribute toward the understanding of mechanisms of tissue damage in methylmalonic academia, and potentially determine mitochondrial targets for tissue protection in this disease. ..
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway and reproductive agingBRIAN PETROFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..