Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYL2
Description: myosin light chain 2
Alias: CMH10, MLC-2s/v, MLC2, myosin regulatory light chain 2, ventricular/cardiac muscle isoform, MLC-2, MLC-2v, RLC of myosin, cardiac myosin light chain 2, cardiac ventricular myosin light chain 2, myosin light chain 2, slow skeletal/ventricular muscle isoform, myosin, light chain 2, regulatory, cardiac, slow, myosin, light polypeptide 2, regulatory, cardiac, slow, regulatory light chain of myosin, slow cardiac myosin regulatory light chain 2, ventricular myosin light chain 2
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Localization of the gene coding for ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (MYL2) to human chromosome 12q23-q24.3M J Macera
Division of Genetics, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, New York 11201
Genomics 13:829-31. 1992Human myosin light chain-2 (MYL2) is an important protein involved in the regulation of myosin ATPase activity in smooth muscle...
- Rho-kinase contributes to diphosphorylation of myosin II regulatory light chain in nonmuscle cellsKozue Ueda
Department of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, 739 8526, Japan
Oncogene 21:5852-60. 2002..Taken together, it is suggested that Rho-kinase contributes to MRLC diphosphorylation and reorganization of actin filaments in nonmuscle cells...
- Endosomes generate localized Rho-ROCK-MLC2-based contractile signals via Endo180 to promote adhesion disassemblyJustin Sturge
Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, London SW3 6JB, England, UK
J Cell Biol 175:337-47. 2006..Pivotal in this process is phosphorylation of myosin light chain-2 (MLC2) by Rho kinase (ROCK) downstream of Rho activation, which generates the contractile force necessary to drive ..
- Nerve influence on myosin light chain phosphorylation in slow and fast skeletal musclesCyril Bozzo
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, Italy
FEBS J 272:5771-85. 2005..of myosin, we analysed the phosphorylation of alkali myosin light chains (MLC1) and regulatory myosin light chains (MLC2) in rat slow (soleus) and fast (extensor digitorum longus EDL) muscles using 2D-gel electrophoresis and mass ..
- Identification of myosin light chains in Rana pipiens skeletal muscle and their expression patterns along single fibresG J Lutz
Department of Orthopaedics, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Exp Biol 204:4237-48. 2001..A total of seven MLCs were identified, including four types of MLC1, two of MLC2 and a single MLC3...
- The expression of the regulatory myosin light chain 2 gene during mouse embryogenesisA Faerman
Institute of Animal Science, ARO, Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
Development 118:919-29. 1993The fast skeletal muscle myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) gene is expressed specifically in skeletal muscles of newborn and adult mice, and has no detectable sequence homology with any of the other MLC genes including the slow cardiac MLC2 ..
- Clinical features and outcome of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy associated with triple sarcomere protein gene mutationsFrancesca Girolami
Unit for Genetic Diagnosis, Careggi University Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1444-53. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe the clinical profile associated with triple sarcomere gene mutations in a large hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) cohort...
- Molecular cloning and sequence of Sparus aurata skeletal myosin light chains expressed in white muscle: developmental expression and thyroid regulationK A Moutou
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Thessaly, 26 Ploutonos Street, 41221 Larissa, Greece
J Exp Biol 204:3009-18. 2001Two full-length cDNA clones encoding the skeletal myosin light chain 2 (MLC2; 1452bp) and myosin light chain 3 (MLC3; 972bp) were isolated from a cDNA library prepared from gilthead sea bream Sparus aurata larvae...
- Cloning of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) alpha-actin, myosin regulatory light chain genes and the 5'-flanking region of alpha-tropomyosin. Functional assessment of promotersAleksei Krasnov
Institute of Applied Biotechnology, University of Kuopio, POB 1627, FIN Kuopio 70211, Finland
J Exp Biol 206:601-8. 2003..The coding part of OnmyMLC2 consisted of seven exons whose length was typical for vertebrate MLC2 genes...
- Single molecule kinetics in the familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy D166V mutant mouse heartPriya Muthu
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology and Center for Commercialization of Fluorescence Technologies, University of North Texas, Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:989-98. 2010..FHC) is the D166V point mutation in the ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) encoded by the MYL2 gene...
- Extraction and reconstitution of calponin and consequent contractile ability in permeabilized smooth muscle fibersPawel T Szymanski
Physiology Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anal Biochem 321:8-21. 2003....
- The calcineurin-NFAT pathway and muscle fiber-type gene expressionS J Swoap
Department of Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts 01267, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 279:C915-24. 2000..Slow myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) and fast sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA1) reporter genes injected into rat soleus (slow) and ..
- Myosin regulatory light chain expression in trout muscleMegan E Donato
Department of Biology, Widener University, Chester, Pennsylvania 19013, USA
J Exp Zool A Ecol Genet Physiol 309:64-72. 2008..This study explores the role of the regulatory myosin light chain (MLC2) in modulating contractile properties in rainbow trout myotomal muscle...
- Alterations in contractile properties and expression of myofibrillar proteins in wobbler mouse musclesT Toursel
Laboratoire de Plasticite Neuromusculaire, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Bat SN4, Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, F 59655, France
Exp Neurol 162:311-20. 2000..revealed, for the SCM muscles, the appearance of the slow isoforms at 5 weeks and an increase in the regulatory MLC2 content at 7 weeks...
- The Charles River "hairless" rat mutation maps to chromosome 1: allelic with fuzzy and a likely orthologue of mouse frizzyK Ahearn
Department of Biological Sciences, Central Connecticut State University, 1615 Stanley Street, New Britain, CT 06050, USA
J Hered 93:210-3. 2002..Analysis of this panel has located the CR hairless rat's hypotrichosis-generating mutation on chromosome 1, near Myl2, where only the fuzzy mutation in rat (fz) and the frizzy mutation in mouse (fr) have been previously localized...
- Switching to fast growth: the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system in skeletal muscle of Atlantic salmonNeil I Bower
Gatty Marine Laboratory, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife KY16 8LB, UK
J Exp Biol 211:3859-70. 2008..Expression of the myogenic marker genes myogenin, MHC and MLC2 were higher with feed restriction, and decreased as an early response to feeding, before increasing to a peak at 14 ..
- Remodeling the mammalian heart using transgenesisJ Palermo
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Cell Mol Biol Res 41:501-9. 1995..The basic function and the physiologic or pathophysiologic significance of differential MLC2 isoform content was examined...
- Cdc42-MRCK and Rho-ROCK signalling cooperate in myosin phosphorylation and cell invasionSimon Wilkinson
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Nat Cell Biol 7:255-61. 2005..small GTPase Rho increases contractility through Rho-kinase (ROCK)-mediated regulation of myosin-II light chain (MLC2) phosphorylation. Cdc42 signalling has been shown to control cell polarity...
- The slow force response to stretch in atrial and ventricular myocardium from human heart: functional relevance and subcellular mechanismsJens Kockskamper
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, Graz, Austria
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 97:250-67. 2008..Furthermore, stretch increased phosphorylation of atrial myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) and inhibition of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK) attenuated the SFR in atrium and ventricle...
- A plasmid collection for PCR-based gene targeting in the filamentous ascomycete Ashbya gossypiiAndreas Kaufmann
Biozentrum der Universitat Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Fungal Genet Biol 46:595-603. 2009..by monitoring their brightness, detectability, and photostability when fused to the myosin light-chain protein Mlc2. Furthermore, the thiamine-repressible S...
- Phasing of muscle gene expression with fasting-induced recovery growth in Atlantic salmonNeil I Bower
Gatty Marine Laboratory, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 8LB, UK
Front Zool 6:18. 2009..we analysed the expression of genes involved in myogenesis, growth signalling, lipid biosynthesis and myofibrillar protein degradation and synthesis pathways using qPCR...
- Dosimetric performance of the new high-definition multileaf collimator for intracranial stereotactic radiosurgeryAnees Dhabaan
Emory University, Department of Radiation Oncology, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Appl Clin Med Phys 11:3040. 2010The objective was to evaluate the performance of a high-definition multileaf collimator (MLC) of 2.5 mm leaf width (MLC2.5) and compare to standard 5 mm leaf width MLC (MLC5) for the treatment of intracranial lesions using dynamic ..
- Embryonic essential myosin light chain regulates fetal lung development in ratsMarta Santos
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 37:330-8. 2007..Embryonic essential MLC1a and regulatory myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) were characterized throughout normal and abnormal lung development by immunohistochemistry and Western blot...
- Familial and sporadic hypertrophic myopathy: differences and similarities in a genotyped population. A long follow-up studyDulce Brito
Clínica Universitária de Cardiologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 27:147-73. 2008..A mutation is identified in two-thirds of cases, and more frequently in familial forms. Doubts remain concerning the true identity of the sporadic form...
- Role of nitric oxide signaling components in differentiation of embryonic stem cells into myocardial cellsKalpana Mujoo
Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases, University of Texas Health Science Center, 1825 Pressler Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18924-9. 2008..Our results with mouse and human ES cells demonstrate an increase in Nkx2.5 and myosin light chain (MLC2) mRNA expression on exposure of cells to NO donors and a decrease in mRNA expression of both cardiac-specific genes ..
- Energy-dependent regulation of cell structure by AMP-activated protein kinaseJun Hee Lee
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Cell Growth Regulation, Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yusong gu, Taejon 305 701, Korea
Nature 447:1017-20. 2007..Interestingly, the regulatory site of non-muscle myosin regulatory light chain (MRLC; also known as MLC2) was directly phosphorylated by AMPK...
- A DNA resequencing array for pathogenic mutation detection in hypertrophic cardiomyopathySiv Fokstuen
Genetic Medicine, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Hum Mutat 29:879-85. 2008..and 5'UTR regions of 12 genes that have been clearly implicated in HCM (MYH7, MYBPC3, TNNT2, TPM1, TNNI3, MYL3, MYL2, CSRP3, PLN, ACTC, TNNC1, and PRKAG2)...
- Mapping of two genetic loci, Ten-1 and Ten-2, associated with thymus enlargement in BUF/Mna ratsY Murakumo
Department of Pathology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466, Japan
Mamm Genome 7:505-8. 1996..Ten-1 was located between myosin light chain, muscle 2 (MYL2) and D1Mgh11 loci on Chr 1, and Ten-2 was located between synaptotagmin II (SYT2) and D13N2 loci on Chr 13.
- High-throughput single strand conformation polymorphism mutation detection by automated capillary array electrophoresis: validation of the methodPaal Skytt Andersen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hum Mutat 21:116-22. 2003..we have validated CAE-SSCP by 1) comparing detection by slab-gel based SSCP with CAE-SSCP of mutations in the MYH7, MYL2, and MYL3 genes encoding sarcomere proteins from patients suffering from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy; and 2) by ..
- Key role of myosin light chain (MLC) kinase-mediated MLC2a phosphorylation in the alpha 1-adrenergic positive inotropic effect in human atriumMichael Grimm
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 65:211-20. 2005..but recent evidence in rat papillary muscle suggests an important role of regulatory myosin light chain (MLC2) phosphorylation...
- Serotonin increases L-type Ca2+ current and SR Ca2+ content through 5-HT4 receptors in failing rat ventricular cardiomyocytesJon Arne Kro Birkeland
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Ullevaal Univ Hospital, Kirkeveien 166, 0407 Oslo, Norway
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2367-76. 2007..not significantly change the phosphorylation of PLB-Ser(16) or troponin I, but it increased myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) phosphorylation...
- [An experimental study of the role of myosin light chain in myogenesis in vitro]Suzhen Zhang
School of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu Sichuan, 610041, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:753-8. 2008..To investigate the role of myosin light chain (Myl) in myogenesis in vitro...
- DOCK10-mediated Cdc42 activation is necessary for amoeboid invasion of melanoma cellsGilles Gadea
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 18:1456-65. 2008....
- VE-Cadherin-mediated cell-cell interaction suppresses sprouting via signaling to MLC2 phosphorylationSabu Abraham
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Curr Biol 19:668-74. 2009..These findings suggest a novel mechanism by which cell-cell adhesion suppresses Rac1-dependent migration and sprouting by increasing actomyosin contractility at cell junctions...
- Tissue procurement strategies affect the protein biochemistry of human heart samplesLori A Walker
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Denver, B139, 12700 E 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 31:309-14. 2011..However this was not uniform: phosphorylation of troponin I (TnI) and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) varied significantly depending on approach whereas changes in desmin and myosin binding protein C (MyBP-C) were ..
- Furthering the link between the sarcomere and primary cardiomyopathies: restrictive cardiomyopathy associated with multiple mutations in genes previously associated with hypertrophic or dilated cardiomyopathyColleen Caleshu
Stanford Center for Inherited Cardiovascular Disease, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Am J Med Genet A 155:2229-35. 2011..Glu143Lys mutations in MYL3, and a novel heterozygous p.Gly57Glu mutation in MYL2. The patient's mother is a double heterozygote for these mutations, with no evidence of cardiomyopathy...
- Post-translational modifications of myofilament proteins involved in length-dependent prolongation of relaxation in rabbit right ventricular myocardiumMichelle M Monasky
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, College of Medicine and D Davis Heart Lung Institute, The Ohio State University, 1645 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1218, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 535:22-9. 2013..ProQ-diamond staining indicates a role for PKCβII in the phosphorylation of tropomyosin and myosin light chain-2 (MLC2) and PKA for tropomyosin, troponin-I, MLC2, myosin binding protein-C, troponin-T (TnT) 3 and TnT4...
- A genome-wide association study of a coronary artery disease risk variantJi Young Lee
Center for Genome Science, National Institute of Health, Chungcheongbuk Do, Korea
J Hum Genet 58:120-6. 2013....
- Identification of novel ROCK inhibitors with anti-migratory and anti-invasive activitiesR A Patel
Drug Discovery Department, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Oncogene 33:550-5. 2014..RKI-18 but not RKI-11 suppresses potently the phosphorylation of the ROCK substrate myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) in intact human breast, lung, colon and prostate cancer cells...
- Mechanotransduction and YAP-dependent matrix remodelling is required for the generation and maintenance of cancer-associated fibroblastsFernando Calvo
Tumour Cell Biology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, London, UK
Nat Cell Biol 15:637-46. 2013..several cytoskeletal regulators, including ANLN and DIAPH3, and controls the protein levels of MYL9 (also known as MLC2)...
- Aurora B but not rho/MLCK signaling is required for localization of diphosphorylated myosin II regulatory light chain to the midzone in cytokinesisTomo Kondo
Department of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, Hiroshima, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e70965. 2013..Furthermore, Aurora B bound to 2P-MRLC in vitro and in vivo. These results suggest that Aurora B, but not Rho/MLCK signaling, is essential for the localization of 2P-MRLC to the midzone in dividing HeLa cells. ..
- Synergistic effect of inhibitors of MMPs and ROS-dependent modifications of contractile proteins on protection hearts subjected to oxidative stressGrzegorz Sawicki
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 107 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7N 5E5 Canada
Curr Pharm Des 20:1345-8. 2014..Cardiac contractile proteins such as myosin light chain 1 and 2 (MLC1 and MLC2) and troponin I, play a significant role in the regulation of force development...
- Mycophenolic acid mediated disruption of the intestinal epithelial tight junctionsMuhammad Qasim
Institute of Clinical Chemistry UMG Laboratories, University Medical Centre, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Goettingen, Germany Department of Microbiology, Kohat University of Science and Technology, 26000 Kohat, Pakistan
Exp Cell Res 322:277-89. 2014..Phosphorylation of myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) is associated with epithelial tight junction (TJ) modulation which leads to defective epithelial barrier function, ..
- Significance of sarcomere gene mutations analysis in the end-stage phase of hypertrophic cardiomyopathyElena Biagini
Dipartimento di Medicina Specialistica, Diagnostica e Sperimentale, Alma Mater Studiorum, Universita di Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 114:769-76. 2014..Sequencing analysis of 8 sarcomere genes (MYH7, MYBPC3, TNNI3, TNNT2, TPM1, MYL2, MYL3, and ACTC1) and 2 metabolic genes (PRKAG2 and LAMP2) was performed in 156 ES-HC patients with left ..
- Ezrin mediates neuritogenesis via down-regulation of RhoA activity in cultured cortical neuronsYosuke Matsumoto
Department of Molecular Physiology, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ritsumeikan University, Kusatsu, Shiga, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e105435. 2014..Moreover, we observed increased RhoA activity and phosphorylation of myosin light chain 2 (MLC2), as a downstream effector of RhoA in the Vil2(kd/kd) neurons...
- AGE-modified basement membrane cooperates with Endo180 to promote epithelial cell invasiveness and decrease prostate cancer survivalMercedes Rodriguez-Teja
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, UK Departamento de Genética, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay
J Pathol 235:581-92. 2015..uPARAP) that can recognize glycosylated collagens, reversed actinomyosin-based contractility [myosin-light chain-2 (MLC2) phosphorylation], loss of cell polarity, loss of cell-cell junctions, luminal infiltration and basal invasion ..
- Novel familial dilated cardiomyopathy mutation in MYL2 affects the structure and function of myosin regulatory light chainWenrui Huang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
FEBS J 282:2379-93. 2015..To obtain insight into the functional significance of this pathogenic MYL2 variant, we cloned and purified the human ventricular RLC wild-type (WT) and D94A mutant proteins, and performed in ..
- Cardiomyoblast (h9c2) differentiation on tunable extracellular matrix microenvironmentMuhammad Suhaeri
1Center for Biomaterials, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Tissue Eng Part A 21:1940-51. 2015..identified by stronger positive markers, such as α-actinin and cTnT, along with more elevated gene expression of Myl2 and Tnnt compared to the cells on gelatin and fibronectin...
- Nuclear cardiac myosin light chain 2 modulates NADPH oxidase 2 expression in myocardium: a novel function beyond muscle contractionYi Shuai Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, Changsha, 410078, China
Basic Res Cardiol 110:38. 2015..However, the underlying mechanisms remain unknown. This study aims to determine if nuclear cardiac myosin light chain 2 (MYL2), a well-known regulatory subunit of myosin, functions as a transcription factor to promote NOX2 ..
- Myosin regulatory light chain phosphorylation enhances cardiac β-myosin in vitro motility under loadAnastasia Karabina
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 580:14-21. 2015..These results point to RLC phosphorylation as a general mechanism to increase force production of the individual myosin motor and as a potential target to ameliorate the HCM-induced phenotype at the molecular level. ..
- RhoC maintains vascular homeostasis by regulating VEGF-induced signaling in endothelial cellsLuke H Hoeppner
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Cell Sci 128:3556-68. 2015..RhoC negatively regulates endothelial cell migration through MAPKs and downstream MLC2 signaling, and decreases vascular permeability through downregulation of the phospholipase Cγ (PLCγ)-Ca(2+)-eNOS ..
- Leukoencephalopathy associated with 11q24 deletion involving the gene encoding hepatic and glial cell adhesion molecule in two patientsToshiyuki Yamamoto
Tokyo Women s Medical University Institute for Integrated Medical Sciences, Tokyo, Japan Department of Pediatrics, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan Electronic address
Eur J Med Genet 58:492-6. 2015..are related to one of the leukoencephalopathies: megalencephalic leukoencephalopathy with subcortical cysts type 2 (MLC2). Genomic copy number aberrations were analyzed by microarray comparative hybridization for two patients...
- NF-κB contributes to MMP1 expression in breast cancer spheroids causing paracrine PAR1 activation and disintegrations in the lymph endothelial barrier in vitroChi Huu Nguyen
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Diagnostics, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Oncotarget 6:39262-75. 2015..Recombinant MMP1 induced PAR1-dependent phosphorylation of MLC2 and FAK in LECs, which is indicative for their activity and for directional cell migration such as observed during ..
- Propofol administration to the fetal-maternal unit reduces cardiac oxidative stress in preterm lambs subjected to prenatal asphyxia and cardiac arrestMatthias Seehase
Department of Paediatrics, Maastricht University Medical Center, School of Oncology and Developmental Biology, School of Mental Health and Neuroscience, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Pediatr Res 79:748-53. 2016..on oxidative stress and its effect on key structures of the contractile apparatus as the myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) and the p38MAPK survival pathway in the preterm heart...
- Comparison of the transcriptional responses of skeletal muscle and bone to a flooding dose of leucine in the gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata)Daniel García de la serrana
Scottish Oceans Institute, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom Electronic address
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 199:50-7. 2016..changes in gene expression following leucine injection including the tissue-specific markers sparc, bglap (bone), mlc2 and myod2 (muscle) and gene transcripts associated with Pi3k/Akt/mTor signalling, p70sk6, akt2, ampka and mtor...
- Identification of rs671, a common variant of ALDH2, as a gout susceptibility locusMasayuki Sakiyama
Department of Integrative Physiology and Bio Nano Medicine, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 8513, Japan
Sci Rep 6:25360. 2016..between gout and a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs2188380, located on an intergenic region between MYL2 and CUX2 on chromosome 12. However, other genes around rs2188380 could possibly be gout susceptibility genes...
- Phosphorylation of a novel myosin binding subunit of protein phosphatase 1 reveals a conserved mechanism in the regulation of actin cytoskeletonI Tan
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Dr, Singapore 117609, Singapore and Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 1PJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:21209-16. 2001....
- Protein kinase C mediates phosphorylation of the regulatory light chain of myosin-II during mitosisO Varlamova
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 22:243-50. 2001..Apparent steady-state kinetic studies indicate that several PKC isoforms display high specificity for myosin-II. These results suggest that current models describing Ser-1/2 phosphorylation during mitosis need to be re-evaluated...
- A proteomic assessment of muscle contractile alterations during unloading and reloadingYounguk Seo
Department of Life Science, College of Liberal Arts and Science, Yonsei University, Wonju 220 710, Republic of Korea
J Biochem 139:71-80. 2006..2- to 9.0-fold increases in the protein levels of fast-type MLC2, glycolytic enzymes, and creatine kinase, and 0.2- to 0.3-fold decreases in slow-type troponins T1 and T2...
- Frequency-dependent myofilament Ca2+ desensitization in failing rat myocardiumRegis R Lamberts
Department of Anesthesiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research ICaR VU, VU University Medical Center VUmc, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Physiol 582:695-709. 2007..Troponin I (TnI) and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) phosphorylation remained constant in control hearts but both increased with frequency in failing hearts...
- Differential gene expression in the honeybee head after a bacterial challengeBieke Scharlaken
Laboratory of Zoophysiology, Department of Biochemistry, Physiology and Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Dev Comp Immunol 32:883-9. 2008..mrjp3 and mrjp4) and olfactory processes (obp17) as well as more general processes such as structural functions (mlc2 and paramyosin), stress response (ERp60) and energy housekeeping (enolase)...
- Myosin regulatory light chain mutation found in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients increases isometric force production in transgenic miceKatarzyna Kazmierczak
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Biochem J 442:95-103. 2012..The significant functional changes observed, despite a low level of A13T mutant incorporation into myofilaments, suggest a 'poison-peptide' mechanism of disease...
- Genetic testing of candidate genes in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasiaO Campuzano
Cardiovascular Genetics Center, University of Girona IdIBGi, C Pic de Peguera 11, 17003 Girona, Spain
Eur J Med Genet 55:225-34. 2012..type 1 or N-cadherin-, CTNNA1 -catenin alpha 1-, Cx43 or GJA1 -gap junction protein alpha 1-, MVCL -Metavinculin-, MYL2 -myosin light chain 2- and MYL3 -myosin light chain 3-) by direct sequencing analysis...
- Biochemical and physiological regulation of cardiac myocyte contraction by cardiac-specific myosin light chain kinaseOsamu Tsukamoto
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
Circ J 77:2218-25. 2013..is the kinase predominantly responsible for the maintenance of the basal level of phosphorylation of cardiac myosin light chain 2 (MLC2), which it phosphorylates at Ser-15...
- Kamolonol suppresses angiotensin II-induced stress fiber formation and cellular hypertrophy through inhibition of Rho-associated kinase 2 activityMun Sun Kim
Research Center for Drug Discovery Technology, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology, Daejeon 305 343, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 438:318-23. 2013..for 2h decreased the Ang II-induced phosphorylation of myosin phosphatase 1 (MYPT1) and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2)...
- Potential regulation of human muscle plasticity by MLC2 post-translational modifications during bed rest and countermeasuresLaurence Stevens
Universite Lille Nord de France, Université Lille 1 Sciences et Technologies, Laboratoire Activité Physique, Muscle et Santé, EA 4488, IFR 114, Institut de Recherches Pluridisciplinaires de Biologie et de Biotechnologies, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France Electronic address
Arch Biochem Biophys 540:125-32. 2013..countermeasures on muscular phenotype and post-translational modifications of the regulatory Myosin Light Chain 2 (MLC2) protein. Soleus biopsies were obtained from female subjects before and after bed rest...
- The FgfrL1 receptor is required for development of slow muscle fibersRuth Amann
Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Dev Biol 394:228-41. 2014..5 as indicated by the absence of slow fiber markers Myh7, Myl2 and Myl3...
- p53 protects against LPS-induced lung endothelial barrier dysfunctionNektarios Barabutis
Frank Reidy Research Center for Bioelectrics, Norfolk, Virginia and
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 308:L776-87. 2015..Chemically induced p53 overexpression resulted in the suppression of LPS-induced RhoA activation and MLC2 phosphorylation, whereas p53 suppression caused the opposite effects...
- Regulation of sarcoma cell migration, invasion and invadopodia formation by AFAP1L1 through a phosphotyrosine-dependent pathwayS R Tie
Cell Signalling Group, Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research and Centre for Medical Research, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Oncogene 35:2098-111. 2016..and downstream control of PAK1/2/3 (p21-activated kinases) phosphorylation of myosin light chain (MLC) kinase and MLC2. AFAP1L1 interaction with Nck2 recruits actin-nucleating complexes...
- Comprehensive assessment of chamber-specific and transmural heterogeneity in myofilament protein phosphorylation by top-down mass spectrometryZachery R Gregorich
Molecular Pharmacology Training Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA Department of Cell and Regenerative Biology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 87:102-12. 2015..of cardiac troponin I (cTnI), cardiac troponin T (cTnT), tropomyosin (Tpm), and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2)...
- Impact of Genotype on the Occurrence of Atrial Fibrillation in Patients With Hypertrophic CardiomyopathyCarolina Bongini
Referral Center for Cardiomyopathies, Cardiothoracovascular Department, Careggi University Hospital, Florence, Italy
Am J Cardiol 117:1151-9. 2016..genetic subgroups: (1) MYBPC3 (58%), (2) MYH7 (28%), and (3) "other genotypes" (14%; comprising TNNT2, TNNI3, TPM1, MYL2, complex genotypes, Z-line, and E-C coupling genes). Left atrial size was similar in the 3 subsets...
- Fibromodulin: a master regulator of myostatin controlling progression of satellite cells through a myogenic programEun Ju Lee
School of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, South Korea
FASEB J 30:2708-19. 2016..to having a pronounced effect on the expression of myogenic marker genes [myogenin (MYOG) and myosin light chain 2 (MYL2)], FMOD was found to maintain the transcriptional activity of MSTN Moreover, coimmunoprecipitation and in silico ..
- Molecular and Functional Effects of a Splice Site Mutation in the MYL2 Gene Associated with Cardioskeletal Myopathy and Early Cardiac Death in InfantsZhiqun Zhou
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine Miami, FL, USA
Front Physiol 7:240. 2016The homozygous appearance of the intronic mutation (IVS6-1) in the MYL2 gene encoding for myosin ventricular/slow-twitch skeletal regulatory light chain (RLC) was recently linked to the development of slow skeletal muscle fiber type I ..
- 12(S)-HETE increases intracellular Ca(2+) in lymph-endothelial cells disrupting their barrier function in vitro; stabilization by clinical drugs impairing calcium supplyChi Huu Nguyen
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Diagnostics, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cancer Lett 380:174-83. 2016..Downstream, the Ca(2+)-calmodulin kinase MYLK contributed to the phosphorylation of Ser19-MLC2, LEC contraction and CCID formation...
- Sodium Butyrate Promotes Reassembly of Tight Junctions in Caco-2 Monolayers Involving Inhibition of MLCK/MLC2 Pathway and Phosphorylation of PKCβ2Wei Miao
Key Laboratory of Arrhythmias, Ministry of Education, East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200120, China
Int J Mol Sci 17:. 2016..the reassembly of tight junctions (TJs) based on reducing the phosphorylation of myosin II regulatory light chain (MLC2) at Ser19 and increasing phosphorylation of protein kinase C β2 (PKCβ2) at Ser660...
- Colon cancer cell-derived 12(S)-HETE induces the retraction of cancer-associated fibroblast via MLC2, RHO/ROCK and Ca2+ signallingSerena Stadler
Clinical Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Cell Mol Life Sci . 2016..The elucidation of signalling pathways and identification of approved inhibitory drugs warrant development of intervention strategies targeting tumour-stroma interaction...
- Heart myosin light chain 2 gene. Nucleotide sequence of full length cDNA and expression in normal and hypertensive ratC C Kumar
J Biol Chem 261:2866-72. 1986..isolated and characterized a cDNA recombinant plasmid (pRLC429) specific for the rat heart myosin light chain 2 (MLC2). The cDNA insert consists of 446 base pairs, including a 72-base pair segment of the 3'-untranslated region...
- Two distinct factor-binding DNA elements in cardiac myosin light chain 2 gene are essential for repression of its expression in skeletal muscle. Isolation of a cDNA clone for repressor protein NishedM Dhar
Center for Cardiovascular and Muscle Research, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, State University of New York, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
J Biol Chem 272:18490-7. 1997The expression of the cardiac myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) gene is repressed in skeletal muscle as a result of the negative regulation of its transcription...
- Propofol increases phosphorylation of troponin I and myosin light chain 2 via protein kinase C activation in cardiomyocytesNoriaki Kanaya
Center for Anesthesiology Research, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Anesthesiology 98:1363-71. 2003Troponin I (TnI) and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) are important myofibrillar proteins involved in the regulation of myofilament calcium (Ca2+) sensitivity and cardiac inotropy...
- Interaction of protein-bound polysaccharide (PSK) with smooth muscle myosin regulatory light chainToshihiro Fujii
Department of Kansei Engineering, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Ueda, Nagano 386 8567, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 26:771-4. 2003..Overlay assays showed that the PSK-binding on the molecule of RLC were localized in the N- and C-terminal basic regions and these sites were conserved in RLC from the human smooth muscle and nonmuscle cells...
- Thrombin-induced endothelial barrier disruption in intact microvessels: role of RhoA/Rho kinase-myosin phosphatase axisG P van Nieuw Amerongen
Laboratory for Physiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Vrije Universiteit University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1234-41. 2008Endothelial hyperpermeability is regulated by a myosin light chain-2 (MLC2) phosphorylation-dependent contractile mechanism...
- Mouse and computational models link Mlc2v dephosphorylation to altered myosin kinetics in early cardiac diseaseFarah Sheikh
Department of Medicine, UCSD, La Jolla, California 92093 0613C, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1209-21. 2012..contrast, the relevance and nature of regulation by myosin regulatory proteins (for example, myosin light chain-2 [MLC2]) in cardiac muscle remain poorly understood...
- Increasing O-GlcNAcylation level on organ culture of soleus modulates the calcium activation parameters of muscle fibersCaroline Cieniewski-Bernard
Universite Lille Nord de France, Universite de Lille 1, Laboratoire Activité Physique, Muscle et Santé, EA4488, IFR114, IRP2B, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
PLoS ONE 7:e48218. 2012..Since the only slow isoform of contractile protein presenting an increase of O-GlcNAc level was MLC2, the effect of enhanced O-GlcNAcylation pattern on calcium activation parameters could involve the O-GlcNAcylation ..
- Contractile protein phosphorylation predicts human heart disease phenotypesLori A Walker
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H1644-50. 2013..In Hyp, total troponin I (TnI) phosphorylation was markedly increased and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) phosphorylation was unchanged relative to a control group of patients with normal LV function...
- New susceptibility loci in MYL2, C12orf51 and OAS1 associated with 1-h plasma glucose as predisposing risk factors for type 2 diabetes in the Korean populationMin Jin Go
Division of Structural and Functional Genomics, Center for Genome Science, Korea National Institute of Health, Osong Health Technology Administration Complex, Chungcheongbuk Do, Republic of Korea
J Hum Genet 58:362-5. 2013..Newly implicated variants (MYL2, C12orf51 and OAS1) were found to be significantly associated with 1-hPG...
- Epigenetic regulation of the electrophysiological phenotype of human embryonic stem cell-derived ventricular cardiomyocytes: insights for driven maturation and hypertrophic growthMaggie Zi Ying Chow
1 Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Consortium, The University of Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
Stem Cells Dev 22:2678-90. 2013..by a profound loss of H3K27me3 and an enrichment of H3K4me3 marks on cardiac-specific genes, including MYH6, MYH7, MYL2, cTNT, and ANF...
- Expression of heat shock protein (Hsp90) paralogues is regulated by amino acids in skeletal muscle of Atlantic salmonDaniel García de la serrana
Scottish Oceans Institute, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e74295. 2013..after 10 days, concomitant with muscle differentiation and the expression of myogenin and sarcomeric proteins (mlc2, myhc)...
- Genetics of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in NorwayK E Berge
Department of Medical Genetics, Oslo University Hospital Ullevaal, Oslo, Norway
Clin Genet 86:355-60. 2014..The translated exons of MYBPC3, MYH7, TNNI3, TNNT2, MYL2 and MYL3 were analyzed in two groups of probands...
- Proteomic analysis of interaction between P7-1 of Southern rice black-streaked dwarf virus and the insect vector reveals diverse insect proteins involved in successful transmissionThithi Mar
State Key Laboratory for Biology of Plant Diseases and Insect Pests, Institute of Plant Protection, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100193, China
J Proteomics 102:83-97. 2014..Six potential candidate proteins (neuroglian, myosin light chain 2 [MLC2], polyubiquitin, E3 ubiquitin ligase, ribophorin ii, and profilin) were analyzed for gene expression in five organs ..
- SDF-1α stiffens myeloma bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells through the activation of RhoA-ROCK-Myosin IIDong Soon Choi
Methodist Cancer Center, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Int J Cancer 136:E219-29. 2015..II, which leads to stiffer membrane mechanics, (ii) mBMSCs are more sensitive to SDF-1α-induced activation of MYL2 through the G(i...
- Inhibition of MMP-2 expression with siRNA increases baseline cardiomyocyte contractility and protects against simulated ischemic reperfusion injuryHan Bin Lin
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 107 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5E5
Biomed Res Int 2014:810371. 2014..that intracellular expression of MMP-2 plays a significant role in sarcomeric protein turnover, such as MLC1 and MLC2, under aerobic (physiological) conditions...
- Proteomic analysis of human fetal atria and ventricleZhen Qi Lu
Department of Physiology, Medical Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, and Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellent for Cardiovascular Research, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Proteome Res 13:5869-78. 2014..and peptidylglycine alpha-amidating monooxygenase (PAM) for atria, and ventricular isoforms of myosin light chains (MYL2 and MYL3), myosin heavy chain 7 (MYH7), and connexin 43 (GJA1) for ventricle...
- PKM2 phosphorylates MLC2 and regulates cytokinesis of tumour cellsYuhui Jiang
Brain Tumor Center and Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Commun 5:5566. 2014..PKM1, at T45; this phosphorylation is required for PKM2's localization and interaction with myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) in the contractile ring region of mitotic cells during cytokinesis...
- Front-signal-dependent accumulation of the RHOA inhibitor FAM65B at leading edges polarizes neutrophilsKun Gao
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Collaborative Innovation Center for Genetics and Development, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai 200433, P R China Vascular Biology and Therapeutic Program, Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 10 Amistad Street, New Haven, CT 06410, USA
J Cell Sci 128:992-1000. 2015..polarization is the back localization of active RHOA and phosphorylated myosin light chain (pMLC, also known as MYL2). However, the mechanism for the polarization is not entirely clear...
- Filamin B Enhances the Invasiveness of Cancer Cells into 3D Collagen MatricesYuta Iguchi
Faculty of Advanced Life Science, Hokkaido University
Cell Struct Funct 40:61-7. 2015..These results suggest that FLNb enhances invasion of cancer cells through phosphorylation of MRLC and FAK. Therefore, FLNb may be a new therapeutic target for invasive cancers. ..
- MicroRNA-223 Attenuates Hypoxia-induced Vascular Remodeling by Targeting RhoB/MLC2 in Pulmonary Arterial Smooth Muscle CellsYan Zeng
Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Microbial Genetic Engineering, Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Marine Bioresource and Eco environmental Science, College of Life Sciences, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518060, China
Sci Rep 6:24900. 2016..phosphorylation of myosin phosphatase target subunit (MYPT1) and the expression of myosin light chain of myosin II (MLC2), which was identified as another target of miR-223...
- A tumor suppressor role for srGAP3 in mammary epithelial cellsA Lahoz
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Oncogene 32:4854-60. 2013..by an increase in phosphorylation of the ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) family proteins and myosin light chain 2 (MLC2). Inhibition of the Rho regulated kinase, ROCK, reduces ERM and MLC2 phosphorylation and restores invasion...
- Isolation and characterization of the gene for myosin light chain two of Drosophila melanogasterJ Toffenetti
J Cell Biol 104:19-28. 1987..The Drosophila MLC2 gene is located in region 99E1-3 on the right arm of chromosome 3, several bands removed from the site reported for ..
- Detailed mapping, mutation analysis, and intragenic polymorphism identification in candidate Noonan syndrome genes MYL2, DCN, EPS8, and RPL6A Ion
J Med Genet 37:884-6. 2000
- Orientation and motion of myosin light chain and troponin in reconstituted muscle fibers as detected by ESR with a new bifunctional spin labelToshiaki Arata
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 538:279-83; discussion 284. 2003....
- High-throughput single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis on a microfabricated capillary array electrophoresis deviceHuijun Tian
Department of Chemistry, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Electrophoresis 26:1834-42. 2005..0 x 10(6). Using 5% PDMA containing 10% glycerol and 15% urea, 21 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from HFE, MYL2, MYL3, and MYH7 genes associated with hereditary hemochromatosis (HHC) and hereditary hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (..
- Functional Consequences of FHC-linked RLC Mutations.Danuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Anthony J Baker; Fiscal Year: 2016..responses in the failing RV by causing increased phosphorylation of the contractile protein myosin light chain-2 (MLC2), and consequently, increased myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity...
- Christopher F Dibble; Fiscal Year: 2014..characterize the critical CCM signaling axis involving RhoA, ROCK, LIM Kinase (LIMK), and Myosin Light Chain 2 (MLC2) and the functional effects of ccm mutation in EP-ECs from familial CCM patients...
- NEURAL AND MECHANICAL REGULATION OF SLOW MYOSINKaryn Esser; Fiscal Year: 1999..gene that is necessary for slow muscle specific expression in vivo: 2) To determine cis-acting sequences of the MLC 2 slow gene that are necessary for induction in response to slow innervation...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Nonmuscle Myosin II RegulationAnne Bresnick; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- REGULATORY FACTORS IN CARDIAC ADAPTATIONM Siddiqui; Fiscal Year: 1993..factors are responsible for activation (or repression) of a candidate gene, such as, for myosin light chain (MLC2), which appears to biochemically characterize the cardiac hypertrophic process; second, to investigate the ..
- MLC2V AND 2A IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENT AND DISEASEJu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The overall goals of the proposal are to understand the functional differences between two cardiac MLC2 isoforms, MLC2v and MLC2a and the functional role of MLC2v phosphorylation...
- Testosterone in TNFR1 Signaling During Acute Myocardial InjuryMeijing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC FUNCTION BY PKC ISOZYMENATHAN JIDEAMA; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that data collected from this study will provide new insights in the regulation of heart function by PKC, PKA and PPI. It will also enhance our understanding of the functions of cardiac contractile apparatus. ..