Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYH15
Description: myosin heavy chain 15
Alias: myosin-15, myosin, heavy polypeptide 15
- Evolutionary implications of three novel members of the human sarcomeric myosin heavy chain gene familyPhilippe R Desjardins
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Biol Evol 19:375-93. 2002..One of the novel human genes is found to have introns at positions shared only with the molluscan catchin/MyHC gene, providing evidence for the structure of a pre-Cambrian ancestral gene...
- Evolution of sarcomeric myosin heavy chain genes: evidence from fishKatrina McGuigan
Institute of Neurosciences, University of Oregon, USA
Mol Biol Evol 21:1042-56. 2004..Our analyses inferred two other ancestral vertebrate MYH genes, giving rise to human MYH14 and MYH15 and their homologues...
- Myosin gene mutation correlates with anatomical changes in the human lineageHansell H Stedman
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nature 428:415-8. 2004..This represents the first proteomic distinction between humans and chimpanzees that can be correlated with a traceable anatomic imprint in the fossil record...
- Genome-Wide Association Study Identification of Novel Loci Associated with Airway Responsiveness in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary DiseaseNadia N Hansel
1 Department of Medicine, School of Medicine and
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 53:226-34. 2015..assessed for the top 10 markers identified, and immunohistochemistry assays assessed protein staining for SGCD and MYH15. Four genes were identified within the top 10 associations with airway responsiveness. Markers on chromosome 9p21...
- Expression and identification of 10 sarcomeric MyHC isoforms in human skeletal muscles of different embryological origin. Diversity and similarity in mammalian speciesFrancesco Mascarello
Department of Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science, University of Padova, Viale dell Universita 16, Legnaro, 35020 Padova, Italy Electronic address
Ann Anat 207:9-20. 2016..patterns of expression of the following genes MYH1, MYH2, MYH3, MYH4, MYH6, MYH7, MYH8, MYH13, MYH14/7b and MYH15 were demonstrated in various muscle samples...
- Co-expression analysis and identification of fecundity-related long non-coding RNAs in sheep ovariesXiangyang Miao
Institute of Animal Sciences, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, 100193, China
Sci Rep 6:39398. 2016..lncRNAs (e.g., NR0B1, XLOC_041882, and MYH15) in the yellow module were mainly involved in the TGF-β signalling pathway, and NYAP1 and BCORL1 were ..
- Genome wide association study for plasma levels of natural anticoagulant inhibitors and protein C anticoagulant pathway: the MARTHA projectTiphaine Oudot-Mellakh
INSERM UMR_S 937, ICAN Institute, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, F 75013, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 157:230-9. 2012..We identified three independent loci associated with ACV (F2, F5 and PROCR) and replicated two independent effects on plasma PC levels at the PROCR locus...
- Developmental expression and comparative genomic analysis of Xenopus cardiac myosin heavy chain genesRobert J Garriock
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 95724, USA
Dev Dyn 233:1287-93. 2005..Comparative genomic analysis has allowed the detection of a mammalian MHC gene (MyH15) that appears to be the orthologue of vMHC, but evidence suggests that this gene is no longer active.
- Five common gene variants identify elevated genetic risk for coronary heart diseaseLance A Bare
Celera, Alameda, California 94502, USA
Genet Med 9:682-9. 2007....
- Gene variants associated with ischemic stroke: the cardiovascular health studyMay M Luke
Celera, Alameda, California 94502, USA
Stroke 40:363-8. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine whether 74 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), which had been associated with coronary heart disease, are associated with incident ischemic stroke...
- Polymorphisms associated with both noncardioembolic stroke and coronary heart disease: vienna stroke registryMay M Luke
Celera, Alameda, California, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 28:499-504. 2009..The odds ratios for noncardioembolic stroke were 1.31 (90% CI 1.07-1.60) for rs3900940 in MYH15, 1.24 (90% CI 1.01-1.5) for rs20455 in KIF6, 1.21 (90% CI 0.99-1.49) for rs1010 in VAMP8, and 1.20 (90% CI 0.95-1...
- Two novel/ancient myosins in mammalian skeletal muscles: MYH14/7b and MYH15 are expressed in extraocular muscles and muscle spindlesAlberto C Rossi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Physiol 588:353-64. 2010The mammalian genome contains three ancient sarcomeric myosin heavy chain (MYH) genes, MYH14/7b, MYH15 and MYH16, in addition to the two well characterized clusters of skeletal and cardiac MYHs...