Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myeloperoxidase
Publications257 found, 100 shown here
- Myeloperoxidase G-463A polymorphism and Alzheimer's disease in the ApoEurope studyBrigitte Leininger-Muller
INSERM Unite 525, Centre de Médecine Préventive and Faculté de Pharmacie, Nancy, France
Neurosci Lett 349:95-8. 2003..A polymorphism in the myeloperoxidase gene (MPO) has previously been associated with AD susceptibility...
- [Disturbed neutrophil activation in pneumonia during medicinal immunosuppression]J Braun
Medizinische Klinik II,
Pneumologie 51:1037-42. 1997..In addition to the cell differential the BALF concentrations of the neutrophil degranulation products myeloperoxidase (MPO) and lactoferrin were determined using immunoluminometric assays...
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in xenobiotic metabolism and lung cancer risk under the age of 60 years. A pooled study of lung cancer patients in Denmark and NorwayHalla Skuladottir
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Lung Cancer 48:187-99. 2005..The effect modification was generally strongest at lower levels of smoking...
- Myeloperoxidase inactivates TIMP-1 by oxidizing its N-terminal cysteine residue: an oxidative mechanism for regulating proteolysis during inflammationYi Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 282:31826-34. 2007..the interaction of TIMPs with MMPs might involve hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a potent oxidant produced by the myeloperoxidase (MPO) system of phagocytes...
- Elevated plasma free fatty acids increase cardiovascular risk by inducing plasma biomarkers of endothelial activation, myeloperoxidase and PAI-1 in healthy subjectsManoj Mathew
Diabetes Division, Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:9. 2010..We examined the contribution of FFA to these abnormalities following a 48-hour physiological increase in plasma FFA to levels of obesity and diabetes in a group of healthy subjects...
- Myeloperoxidase mediates cell adhesion via the alpha M beta 2 integrin (Mac-1, CD11b/CD18)M W Johansson
Department of Physiological Botany, University of Uppsala, Villavagen 6, Sweden
J Cell Sci 110:1133-9. 1997b>Myeloperoxidase is a leukocyte component able to generate potent microbicidal substances. A homologous invertebrate blood cell protein, peroxinectin, is not only a peroxidase but also a cell adhesion ligand...
- Myeloperoxidase and paraoxonase-1 in type 2 diabetic patientsF R Jornayvaz
Service of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Geneva University, Geneva, Switzerland
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 19:613-9. 2009Reduced high density lipoproteins (HDL) and increased oxidative stress are features of type 2 diabetes. Myeloperoxidase is an oxidative enzyme partly associated with HDL and causing HDL dysfunction...
- Myeloperoxidase-dependent caspase-3 activation and apoptosis in HL-60 cells: protection by the antioxidants ascorbate and (dihydro)lipoic acidMelinda C Myzak
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331 6512, USA
Redox Rep 7:47-53. 2002The heme enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) has recently been implicated in hydrogen peroxide H(2)O(2)-induced apoptosis of HL-60 human leukemia cells...
- Elevated levels of myeloperoxidase, white blood cell count and 3-chlorotyrosine in Taiwanese patients with acute myocardial infarctionMei Ling Cheng
Graduate Institute of Medical Biotechnology and Department of Medical Biotechnology and Laboratory Science, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Clin Biochem 41:554-60. 2008..risk factor for acute myocardial infarction (AMI), is associated with leukocytic activation, secretion of myeloperoxidase (MPO) and generation of the oxidative damage marker, 3-chlorotyrosine (3-Cl-Tyr)...
- X-ray crystal structure of canine myeloperoxidase at 3 A resolutionJ Zeng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Medical School, FL 33101
J Mol Biol 226:185-207. 1992The three-dimensional structure of the enzyme myeloperoxidase has been determined by X-ray crystallography to 3 A resolution...
- Human myeloperoxidase: structure of a cyanide complex and its interaction with bromide and thiocyanate substrates at 1.9 A resolutionM Blair-Johnson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Biochemistry 40:13990-7. 2001The 1.9 A X-ray crystal structure of human myeloperoxidase complexed with cyanide (R = 0.175, R(free) = 0...
- Myeloperoxidase enhances nitric oxide catabolism during myocardial ischemia and reperfusionStephan Baldus
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 37:902-11. 2004..Whereas myeloperoxidase (MPO), a highly abundant, PMN-derived heme protein facilitates oxidative NO consumption and impairs vascular ..
- Myeloperoxidase -463 (G-->A) polymorphism associated with lower risk of lung cancerOrhun H Kantarci
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 77:17-22. 2002To study the association of the myeloperoxidase (MPO) -463 (G-->A) polymorphism with lung cancer risk.
- Killing activity of neutrophils is mediated through activation of proteases by K+ fluxEmer P Reeves
Centre for Molecular Medicine, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Nature 416:291-7. 2002..by subjecting them to high concentrations of highly toxic reactive oxygen species (ROS) and bringing about myeloperoxidase-catalysed halogenation...
- Point: myeloperoxidase -463G --> a polymorphism and lung cancer riskAnne Feyler
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology INSERM U521, Gustave Roussy Institute, 94805 Villejuif, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:1550-4. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is released from neutrophils in lung tissue in response to exposure to various pulmonary insults, including tobacco smoking...
- Combined effects of genetic polymorphisms in six selected genes on lung cancer susceptibilityMihi Yang
Department of Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University, 53 12 Chungpa Dong, Yongsan gu, Seoul 140 742, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 57:135-42. 2007..Particularly, genetic polymorphisms in NAD(P)H-quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1), cytochrome P450 (CYP)1A1, myeloperoxidase (MPO), glutathione-S-transferase (GST)P1, GSTT1, and GSTM1, and have been suspected to affect lung cancer ..
- Myeloperoxidase delays neutrophil apoptosis through CD11b/CD18 integrins and prolongs inflammationDriss El Kebir
Research Center, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, 5415 blvd de l Assomption, Montreal, QC, Canada H1T 2M4
Circ Res 103:352-9. 2008..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), a heme protein abundantly expressed in neutrophils, is generally associated with killing of bacteria ..
- Myeloperoxidase genotypes and enhanced efficacy of chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer in SWOG-8897Christine B Ambrosone
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4973-9. 2009b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) generates reactive oxygen species and also activates xenobiotics...
- Oxidative stress and myeloperoxidase activity during bacterial meningitis: effects of febrile episodes and the BBB permeabilityDijana Miric
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty Pristina Kosovska Mirtovica, Anri Dinana bb, 38220, Kosovska Mitrovica, Serbia
Clin Biochem 43:246-52. 2010To investigate participation of extracellular myeloperoxidase (MPO) in oxidative stress during different courses of the bacterial meningitis (BM).
- Conformational and thermal stability of mature dimeric human myeloperoxidase and a recombinant monomeric form from CHO cellsSrijib Banerjee
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Vienna Institute of BioTechnology, BOKU University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:375-87. 2011b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a lysosomal heme enzyme present in the azurophilic granules of human neutrophils and monocytes. It is a critical element of the human innate immune system by exerting antimicrobial effects...
- Chromosomal gene structure of human myeloperoxidase and regulation of its expression by granulocyte colony-stimulating factorK Morishita
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 262:15208-13. 1987By using the full-length cDNA as a probe, the chromosomal gene for human myeloperoxidase was isolated from a human gene library...
- Increased myeloperoxidase and lipid peroxide-modified protein in gynecological malignanciesM Song
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 3:1139-46. 2001..In this study, we measured the levels of myeloperoxidase (MPO), an enzyme associated with oxidation and autoantibodies to lipid peroxide-modified protein (LOOH-RSA), ..
- Glutathione S-transferase P1 and NADPH quinone oxidoreductase polymorphisms are associated with aberrant promoter methylation of P16(INK4a) and O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in sputumFrank D Gilliland
Keck School of Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine and Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9021, USA
Cancer Res 62:2248-52. 2002..functional polymorphic variants of the NADPH quinone oxidoreductase, glutathione S-transferases P1 and M1, myeloperoxidase, and XRCC1 genes are associated with p16 and/or MGMT promoter methylation in sputum from cancer-free subjects ..
- A myeloperoxidase polymorphism associated with reduced risk of lung cancerMatthew B Schabath
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Box 189, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lung Cancer 37:35-40. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a metabolic/oxidative enzyme found in neutrophils and monocytes that contributes to pulmonary carcinogenesis through activation of specific procarcinogens including benzo[a]pyrene intermediates, 4-aminobiphenyl ..
- Genetic polymorphism in myeloperoxidase but not GSTM1 is associated with risk of lung squamous cell carcinoma in a Chinese populationWenfu Lu
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100 021, China
Int J Cancer 102:275-9. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), an enzyme derived from neutrophils, metabolically activates a wide range of carcinogens, whereas glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) detoxifies various electrophilic metabolites...
- [Lung cancer risk associated with genetic polymorphism in myeloperoxidase (-463 G/A) in a Chinese population]Wenfu Lu
Cancer Institute Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 24:250-3. 2002..between susceptibility to lung cancer among Chinese and genetic polymorphism at nucleotide -463 (G/A) in myeloperoxidase (MPO), an enzyme found in lysosomes of phagocytes and involved in the formation of hydroxyl radicals and ..
- Redox properties of the couples compound I/compound II and compound II/native enzyme of human myeloperoxidasePaul Georg Furtmüller
Institute of Chemistry, Metalloprotein Research Group, University of Agricultural Sciences, Muthgasse 18, A 1190 Vienna, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:551-7. 2003b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an important component of the neutrophil's antimicrobial armory and has been implicated in promoting tissue damage in numerous inflammatory diseases...
- Myeloperoxidase serum levels predict risk in patients with acute coronary syndromesStephan Baldus
University of Hamburg, Department of Cardiology, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 108:1440-5. 2003..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), a hemoprotein abundantly expressed by PMNs and secreted during activation, possesses potent ..
- [Gene polymorphism of myeloperoxidase and genetic susceptibility to lung cancer]Xiao Ming Wu
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, 430030, PR China
Ai Zheng 22:912-5. 2003A-463 bp G/A polymorphism is located in the promoter region of myeloperoxidase (MPO) gene was found to be associated with lung cancer susceptibility; however, this association in Chinese population remained unclear...
- Myeloperoxidase: new polymorphisms and relation with lung cancer riskIsabelle Chevrier
UMRS INSERM 490, Molecular Toxicology, Faculté des Saints Pères, Paris, France
Pharmacogenetics 13:729-39. 2003b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an haemoprotein that metabolizes tobacco smoke procarcinogens such as benzo(a)pyrene and aromatic amines into highly reactive intermediates...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ligands regulate myeloperoxidase expression in macrophages by an estrogen-dependent mechanism involving the -463GA promoter polymorphismAlan P Kumar
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 279:8300-15. 2004A functional myeloperoxidase (MPO) promoter polymorphism, -463GA, has been associated with incidence or severity of inflammatory diseases, including atherosclerosis and Alzheimer's disease, and some cancers...
- Genetic polymorphisms of MPO, COMT, MnSOD, NQO1, interactions with environmental exposures and bladder cancer riskRayjean J Hung
International Agency of Research on Cancer, Lyon 69008, France
Carcinogenesis 25:973-8. 2004..Several enzymes, which play key roles in oxidative stress are polymorphic in humans. Myeloperoxidase (MPO) produces a strong oxidant for microbicidal activity, and activates carcinogens in tobacco smoke...
- Properties, functions, and secretion of human myeloperoxidaseJ Arnhold
Institut fur Medizinische Physik und Biophysik, Universitat Leipzig, Leipzig, D 04103, Germany
Biochemistry (Mosc) 69:4-9. 2004The heme-containing protein myeloperoxidase is released from stimulated polymorphonuclear leukocytes at sites of inflammation. It is involved in the generation of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species and tissue damage...
- Myeloperoxidase polymorphism related to cardiovascular events in coronary artery diseaseFolkert W Asselbergs
Am J Med 116:429-30. 2004
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes, chromosome aberrations, and lung cancerCarsten Harms
Center of Environmental Research and Technology, Laboratory of Bioanalytic, UFT, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Environ Mol Mutagen 44:74-82. 2004..The observation that patients had significantly increased CA frequencies compared with controls, irrespective of genotype, suggests that patients have additional factors that contribute to the development of lung cancer...
- Myeloperoxidase genotype, fruit and vegetable consumption, and breast cancer riskJiyoung Ahn
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
Cancer Res 64:7634-9. 2004b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), an antimicrobial enzyme in the breast, generates reactive oxygen species (ROS) endogenously...
- Genetic variants of myeloperoxidase and catechol-O-methyltransferase and breast cancer riskS C Lin
School of Public Health, National Defense Medical Center, No 161, Section 6 Min Chuan East Road, Taipei 114, Taiwan, Republic of China
Eur J Cancer Prev 14:257-61. 2005This nested case-control study evaluated the role of polymorphisms in the myeloperoxidase (MPO) and catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) genes that modulate oxidative stress in breast cancer risk in a Chinese population...
- CYP1A1 Ile462Val and MPO G-463A interact to increase risk of adenocarcinoma but not squamous cell carcinoma of the lungJill Everland Larsen
Department of Thoracic Medicine, The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Carcinogenesis 27:525-32. 2006..Candidates include genetic variants of glutathione S-transferases (GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1) and myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Heparins increase endothelial nitric oxide bioavailability by liberating vessel-immobilized myeloperoxidaseStephan Baldus
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 113:1871-8. 2006Neutrophils and monocytes are centrally linked to vascular inflammatory disease, and leukocyte-derived myeloperoxidase (MPO) has emerged as an important mechanistic participant in impaired vasomotor function...
- Myeloperoxidase G-463A polymorphism and lung cancer: a HuGE genetic susceptibility to environmental carcinogens pooled analysisEmanuela Taioli
University of Pittsburgh, Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pensylvania 15232, USA
Genet Med 9:67-73. 2007b>Myeloperoxidase is a phase I metabolic enzyme that converts the metabolites of benzo[a]pyrene from tobacco smoke into highly reactive epoxides...
- Reactions of superoxide with myeloperoxidaseAnthony J Kettle
Free Radical Research, Department of Pathology, University of Otago Christchurch, P O Box 4345 Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochemistry 46:4888-97. 2007When neutrophils ingest bacteria, they discharge superoxide and myeloperoxidase into phagosomes. Both are essential for killing of the phagocytosed micro-organisms...
- Activated neutrophils inhibit nucleotide excision repair in human pulmonary epithelial cells: role of myeloperoxidaseNejla Güngör
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
FASEB J 21:2359-67. 2007..and we observed a significant reduction of NER in the A549 cells, which was abrogated by addition of the myeloperoxidase (MPO) inhibitor 4-aminobenzoic acid hydrazide...
- Polymorphisms in manganese superoxide dismutase, myeloperoxidase and glutathione-S-transferase and survival after treatment for metastatic breast cancerMary A Bewick
Sudbury Regional Hospital, Regional Cancer Center, 41 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury, ON, Canada, P3E 5J1
Breast Cancer Res Treat 111:93-101. 2008..005 and 0.006 for PFS and BCSS, respectively. These results suggest that SNPs in genes involved in drug metabolism may influence survival outcome for patients with MBC receiving HDC and ASCT...
- A comprehensive analysis of phase I and phase II metabolism gene polymorphisms and risk of non-small cell lung cancer in smokersShanbeh Zienolddiny
Section of Toxicology, Department of Biological and Chemical Work Environment, National Institute of Occupational Health N 0033, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 29:1164-9. 2008..However, only four of the previously reported associations with polymorphisms in the GSTP1 (Ala14Val), SOD2 (Val16Ala), EPHX1 (His139Arg) genes and the NAT1 fast acetylator phenotype remained significantly associated with lung cancer...
- Aberrant expression of myeloperoxidase in astrocytes promotes phospholipid oxidation and memory deficits in a mouse model of Alzheimer diseaseRichard A Maki
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 284:3158-69. 2009b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is expressed in Alzheimer disease (AD) but not normal aged brain. A functional -463G/A MPO promoter polymorphism has been associated with AD risk through as yet unidentified mechanisms...
- Arterial stiffness, carotid artery intima-media thickness and plasma myeloperoxidase level in children with type 1 diabetesKaire Heilman
Department of Paediatrics, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 84:168-73. 2009The present study investigated the functional-structural changes of the arteries along with a new biochemical marker of atherosclerosis, plasma myeloperoxidase level, in children with type 1 diabetes (T1DM).
- Oxidative stress-related genotypes, fruit and vegetable consumption and breast cancer riskYulin Li
Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:777-84. 2009..Genetic variations in catalase (CAT) (C-262T), myeloperoxidase (MPO) (G-463A), endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) (G894T) and heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) [(GT)(n) ..
- Essential role of proximal histidine-asparagine interaction in mammalian peroxidasesXavier Carpena
Institute of Research in Biomedicine IRB Barcelona, Parc Cientific, Baldiri i Reixac 10, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 284:25929-37. 2009..The crystal structure of a mixture of glycoforms of myeloperoxidase (MPO) purified from granules of human leukocytes prompted us to revise the orientation of this asparagine and ..
- Increased hepatic myeloperoxidase activity in obese subjects with nonalcoholic steatohepatitisSander S Rensen
Department of Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, PO Box 616, Maastricht 6200 MD, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 175:1473-82. 2009..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an important neutrophil enzyme that can generate aggressive oxidants; therefore, we studied the ..
- Pathogenic role of myeloperoxidase in acute pancreatitisSerge Chooklin
Department of Surgery, Medical University, Lviv, Ukraine
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:627-31. 2009b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) has been implicated in promoting tissue damage in various inflammatory diseases. However, MPO blood levels in relation to the severity of acute pancreatitis (AP) and its time-course have not been studied...
- Human myeloperoxidase in innate and acquired immunityJuergen Arnhold
Institute for Medical Physics and Biophysics, Medical Faculty, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 500:92-106. 2010..One of the key components of PMNs is the heme-containing enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) that is stored in large amount in azurophilic granules of resting cells...
- The MPO -463G>A polymorphism and cancer risk: a meta-analysis based on 43 case-control studiesHaiyan Chu
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Mutagenesis 25:389-95. 2010b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an endogenous oxidant enzyme that generates reactive oxygen species and plays an important role in the aetiology of cancer...
- [A meta analysis on the relationship between myeloperoxidase G-463A genetic polymorphisms and lung cancer susceptibility]Feng Hua
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Lung Cancer Metastasis and Tumor Microenviroment, Tianjin Lung Cancer Institute, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300052, China
Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 13:122-7. 2010The relationship between myeloperoxidase G-463A genetic polymorphisms and lung cancer susceptibility has been studied extensively. However, the outcomes are not consistent...
- Myeloperoxidase is required for neutrophil extracellular trap formation: implications for innate immunityKathleen D Metzler
Department of Cellular Microbiology, Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Berlin, Germany
Blood 117:953-9. 2011The granule enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) plays an important role in neutrophil antimicrobial responses. However, the severity of immunodeficiency in patients carrying mutations in MPO is variable...
- Myeloperoxidase: a front-line defender against phagocytosed microorganismsSeymour J Klebanoff
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Leukoc Biol 93:185-98. 2013....
- Analyses of bulky DNA adduct levels in human breast tissue and genetic polymorphisms of cytochromes P450 (CYPs), myeloperoxidase (MPO), quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1), and glutathione S-transferases (GSTs)Ulrike Brockstedt
Division of Hemato Oncology, Charles Bruneau Cancer Center, Sainte Justine Hospital, University of Montreal, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Que, Canada H3T 1C5
Mutat Res 516:41-7. 2002..When the MPO and GSTP1 were examined together, individuals with these combined variant genotypes had significantly higher adduct levels than all other genotype combinations (P=0.003)...
- Enzyme levels and G-463A polymorphism of myeloperoxidase in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and multiple myelomaEyup Ilker Saygili
Vocational School of Higher Education for Health Services, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey
Leuk Lymphoma 50:2030-7. 2009The aim of this study was to investigate how myeloperoxidase (MPO) G-463A gene polymorphism and enzyme levels varied among patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and multiple myeloma (MM) and to find the relationship between ..
- A genotypic association implicates myeloperoxidase in the progression of hepatic fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C virus infectionW F Reynolds
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Genes Immun 3:345-9. 2002..cells heavily represented in the inflammatory cell response, contain the oxidant generating enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Myeloperoxidase overexpression in children with hypercholesterolemiaP Pignatelli
Division of Internal Medicine H, La Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Atherosclerosis 205:239-43. 2009..No data have been reported concerning the behavior of age-related oxidative stress in hypercholesterolemic children...
- Genetic polymorphisms of MPO, GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTP1, EPHX1 and NQO1 as risk factors of early-onset lung cancerMaria Timofeeva
Department of Epigenomics and Cancer Risk Factors, German Cancer Research Centre DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 127:1547-61. 2010..To confirm these observations and to eliminate possible bias in our analyses, larger studies are warranted...
- Myeloperoxidase G-463A polymorphism and risk of lung and prostate cancer in a Turkish populationSerdal Arslan
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Science, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
Mol Med Rep 4:87-92. 2011b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a phase I enzyme that can bioactivate many specific procarcinogens, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and aromatic amines...
- MPO and APOEepsilon4 polymorphisms interact to increase risk for AD in Finnish malesW F Reynolds
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Neurology 55:1284-90. 2000b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is present in senile plaques and surrounding reactive microglia, but not in normal brain parenchyma. MPO in plaques is highest in APOE epsilon4 carriers, suggesting a functional interaction...
- Nitric oxide is a physiological substrate for mammalian peroxidasesH M Abu-Soud
Department of Cell Biology and Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 275:37524-32. 2000..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), eosinophil peroxidase, and lactoperoxidase all catalytically consumed NO in the presence of the co-..
- Myeloperoxidase promotor polymorphism and risk of hepatoblastomaSamart Pakakasama
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8593, USA
Int J Cancer 106:205-7. 2003b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a major enzyme found in neutrophils. Oxidation by MPO produces free radicals that demonstrate genotoxic properties...
- Myeloperoxidase -463G>A polymorphism and risk of primary lung cancer in a Korean populationJae Hyung Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Samduk 2Ga 50, Daegu 700 412, South Korea
Cancer Detect Prev 30:257-61. 2006b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) contributes to pulmonary carcinogenesis through activation of a wide range of tobacco smoke procarcinogens, including benzo[a]pyrene and aromatic amines...
- Polymorphisms in genes related to oxidative stress (CAT, MnSOD, MPO, and eNOS) and acute toxicities from radiation therapy following lumpectomy for breast cancerJiyoung Ahn
Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Science, Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:7063-70. 2006..via generation of massive oxidative stress, we hypothesized that catalase, manganese superoxide dismutase, myeloperoxidase (MPO), and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) genotypes might result in greater risk of radiotoxicity.
- Effect of combined genetic polymorphisms on lung cancer risk in northern Thai womenJaewwaew Klinchid
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 195:143-9. 2009..Confirmation would require further investigations with larger sample sizes...
- Variation in the promoter region of the myeloperoxidase gene is not directly related to lung cancer risk among male smokers in FinlandR R Misra
Cancer Prevention Studies Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, 6006 Executive Boulevard, Suite 321, Bethesda, MD 20892 7058, USA
Cancer Lett 164:161-7. 2001In order to examine whether a polymorphism in the promoter region of the myeloperoxidase (MPO) gene is associated with lung cancer among male smokers, we conducted a case-control study nested within a Finnish clinical trial cohort...
- Gender and smoking-related risk reduction of periodontal disease with variant myeloperoxidase allelesP Meisel
Department of Pharmacology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Genes Immun 3:102-6. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an oxidative enzyme expressed in polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is involved in the defence against periodontal bacteria, and is also able to mediate inflammatory tissue destruction in periodontal disease...
- Myeloperoxidase (MPO) genotype and lung cancer histologic types: the MPO -463 A allele is associated with reduced risk for small cell lung cancer in smokersHeike Dally
Division of Toxicology and Cancer Risk Factors, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 102:530-5. 2002..We confirm that the MPO -463 A variant affords a protective effect against lung cancer risk in smokers, which was strongest for SCLC patients...
- Myeloperoxidase (MPO) -463G->A reduces MPO activity and DNA adduct levels in bronchoalveolar lavages of smokersFrederik J Van Schooten
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:828-33. 2004The myeloperoxidase (MPO) -463G-->A genetic polymorphism is associated with a reduced risk for lung cancer, but the underlying mechanism is not yet elucidated...
- CYP1B1, CYP1A1, MPO, and GSTP1 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk in never-smoking Korean womenKyong Ah Yoon
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Lung Cancer 60:40-6. 2008....
- A prospective study of genetic polymorphism in MPO, antioxidant status, and breast cancer riskChunyan He
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:585-94. 2009Oxidative stress may be involved in breast carcinogenesis. Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an endogenous oxidant enzyme that generates reactive oxygen species (ROS)...
- Myeloperoxidase and superoxide dismutase 2 polymorphisms comodulate the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma and death in alcoholic cirrhosisPierre Nahon
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Jean Verdier, AP HP, Bondy, France
Hepatology 50:1484-93. 2009..formation in hepatocyte mitochondria and by reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidases and myeloperoxidase (MPO) in Kupffer cells and liver-infiltrating neutrophils...
- Unique autolytic cleavage of human myeloperoxidase. Implications for the involvement of active site MET409K L Taylor
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322 3050
J Biol Chem 267:25282-8. 1992b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a functionally important component of the normal human neutrophil host defense system...
- X-ray crystal structure and characterization of halide-binding sites of human myeloperoxidase at 1.8 A resolutionT J Fiedler
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Medical School, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Biol Chem 275:11964-71. 2000The x-ray crystal structure of human myeloperoxidase has been extended to 1.8 A resolution, using x-ray data recorded at -180 degrees C (r = 0.197, free r = 0.239)...
- Association between asbestos exposure, cigarette smoking, myeloperoxidase (MPO) genotypes, and lung cancer riskMatthew B Schabath
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Holcombe Blvd, Houston, Texas 77303, USA
Am J Ind Med 42:29-37. 2002As observed in tobacco-associated carcinogenesis, genetic factors such as the polymorphic metabolic/oxidative enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) could modulate individual susceptibility to asbestos-associated carcinogenesis.
- Counterpoint: the myeloperoxidase -463G-->a polymorphism does not decrease lung cancer susceptibility in CaucasiansLi Lian Xu
Occupational Health Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:1555-9. 2002The myeloperoxidase (MPO) G-to-A substitution polymorphism in the promoter region of the MPO gene has been associated with a 40-70% reduction in lung cancer risk in several studies, although a recent nested case-control study disputes ..
- Increased risk for Alzheimer disease with the interaction of MPO and A2M polymorphismsMario Zappia
Institute of Neurology, University Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Arch Neurol 61:341-4. 2004The genes encoding myeloperoxidase (MPO) and alpha(2)-macroglobulin (A2M) are involved in molecular pathways leading to beta-amyloid deposition...
- Genetic variants in SOD2, MPO, and NQO1, and risk of ovarian cancerS H Olson
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 93:615-20. 2004..Since the genes superoxide dismutase (SOD2), myeloperoxidase (MPO), and NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) are involved in inflammation and oxidative stress, we ..
- Polymorphisms in genes related to oxidative stress (MPO, MnSOD, CAT) and survival after treatment for breast cancerChristine B Ambrosone
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 65:1105-11. 2005..dismutase catalyzes conversion of superoxide radicals to H(2)O(2), with catalase neutralizing H(2)O(2) and myeloperoxidase converting H(2)O(2) to highly reactive hypochlorous acid, we hypothesized that gene variants could impact the ..
- Polymorphisms of the GSTM1, GSTP1, MPO, XRCC1, and NQO1 genes in Chinese patients with non-small cell lung cancers: relationship with aberrant promoter methylation of the CDKN2A and RARB genesEunice C Chan
University Department of Medicine, Professorial Block, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 162:10-20. 2005..at polymorphic sites of the glutathione S-transferase (GST) M1 (null/wildtype) and P1 (nucleotide 2627 A/G), myeloperoxidase (MPO) (nucleotide -463 G/A), X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) (nucleotides 26304 C/T; 28152 G/..
- Myeloperoxidase genetic polymorphisms modulate human neutrophil enzyme activity: genetic determinants for atherosclerosis?Isabelle Chevrier
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM UMRS 490, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Atherosclerosis 188:150-4. 2006b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), an abundant leukocyte hemoprotein has been linked to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease. We previously found new genetic polymorphisms in MPO gene...
- Myeloperoxidase impairs ABCA1-dependent cholesterol efflux through methionine oxidation and site-specific tyrosine chlorination of apolipoprotein A-IBaohai Shao
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 281:9001-4. 2006..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is the only known source of 3-chlorotyrosine in vivo, indicating that MPO oxidizes HDL in humans...
- Relationships between polymorphisms in NOS3 and MPO genes, cigarette smoking and risk of post-menopausal breast cancerJun Yang
Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:1247-53. 2007NOS3 and MPO genes encode endothelial nitric oxide synthase and myeloperoxidase (MPO), respectively, which generate nitric oxide and reactive oxygen species...
- Functional polymorphism of the myeloperoxidase gene in hypertensive nephrosclerosis dialysis patientsKent Doi
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:1193-8. 2007b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) may play an important role not only in host defense reactions but also in local inflammations, especially in atherosclerotic diseases such as hypertensive nephrosclerosis (HN)...
- Myeloperoxidase-derived oxidants selectively disrupt the protein core of the heparan sulfate proteoglycan perlecanMartin D Rees
The Heart Research Institute, 114 Pyrmont Bridge Rd Camperdown, Sydney NSW, Australia
Matrix Biol 29:63-73. 2010The potent oxidants hypochlorous acid (HOCl) and hypobromous acid (HOBr) are produced extracellularly by myeloperoxidase, following release of this enzyme from activated leukocytes...
- Glycosylation pattern of mature dimeric leukocyte and recombinant monomeric myeloperoxidase: glycosylation is required for optimal enzymatic activityPierre Van Antwerpen
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and the Analytical Platform of Institute of Pharmacy, UniversitéLibre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 285:16351-9. 2010The involvement of myeloperoxidase (MPO) in various inflammatory conditions has been the scope of many recent studies...
- Menopausal status modifies breast cancer risk associated with the myeloperoxidase (MPO) G463A polymorphism in Caucasian women: a meta-analysisNoel Pabalan
School of Natural Sciences, Saint Louis University, Baguio City, Philippines
PLoS ONE 7:e32389. 2012..cancer susceptibility may be modulated partly through polymorphisms in oxidative enzymes, one of which is myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- MPO and SOD2 polymorphisms, gender, and the risk of non-small cell lung carcinomaGeoffrey Liu
Occupational Health Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Lett 214:69-79. 2004Manganese superoxide dismutase (SOD2) and myeloperoxidase (MPO) are polymorphic enzymes involved in reactive oxidative species metabolism...
- Association between Alzheimer's disease and a functional polymorphism in the Myeloperoxidase geneF C Crawford
Roskamp Institute and the University of South Florida Memory Disorder Clinic, 3515 East Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33613, USA
Exp Neurol 167:456-9. 2001A polymorphism in the Myeloperoxidase gene (MPO) has previously been demonstrated to be associated with gender-specific risk in an Alzheimer's Disease (AD) autopsy sample...
- Myeloperoxidase, a leukocyte-derived vascular NO oxidaseJason P Eiserich
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Science 296:2391-4. 2002b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an abundant mammalian phagocyte hemoprotein thought to primarily mediate host defense reactions...
- Association of the polymorphisms of MTHFR C677T, VDR C352T, and MPO G463A with risk for esophageal squamous cell dysplasia and carcinomaDaqing Li
Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Arch Med Res 39:594-600. 2008..samples to evaluate the association of polymorphisms of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) C677T, vitamin D receptor (VDR) C352T, and myeloperoxidase (MPO) G463A genotypes with esophageal squamous cell dysplasia and carcinoma.
- A functional variant of the myeloperoxidase gene is associated with cardiovascular disease in end-stage renal disease patientsRoberto Pecoits-Filho
Division of Renal Medicine and Baxter Novum, Department of Clinical Science, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Kidney Int Suppl . 2003..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is an abundant enzyme involved in the production of free radicals...
- Association of apolipoprotein E and myeloperoxidase genotypes to clinical course of familial and sporadic multiple sclerosisB Zakrzewska-Pniewska
Department of Neurology, The Medical University of Warsaw, 02 097 Warsaw, Banacha 1a, Str, Poland
Mult Scler 10:266-71. 2004The importance of apolipoprotein E (ApoE) and myeloperoxidase (MPO) genotypes in the clinical characteristics of multiple sclerosis (MS) has been recently emphasized...
- Interrogation of heme pocket environment of mammalian peroxidases with diatomic ligandsH M Abu-Soud
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Biochemistry 40:10747-55. 2001Recent studies demonstrate that myeloperoxidase (MPO), eosinophil peroxidase (EPO), and lactoperoxidase (LPO), homologous members of the mammalian peroxidase superfamily, can all serve as catalysts for generating nitric oxide- (nitrogen ..
- Subcellular distribution of urokinase and urokinase receptor in human neutrophils determined by immunoelectron microscopyT L Pedersen
Department of Pathology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Ultrastruct Pathol 24:175-82. 2000..matrix metalloproteinase type-9 (MMP-9) for gelatinase granules, lactoferrin (LF) for specific granules, and myeloperoxidase (MPO) and neutrophil elastase (NE) for primary granules...
- Biochemical and physiological alterations in canine neutrophils separated by lysis or Percoll gradient isolation technologiesD F Gruber
Experimental Hematology Department, Armed Forces Radiobiology, Research Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20814-5145
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:93-104. 1990..Cellular isolation methods did not significantly alter cellular myeloperoxidase (MPO) levels based on comparisons of cellular totals...
- Improved survival and reversal of endothelial dysfunction by the 21-aminosteroid, U-74389G in splanchnic ischaemia-reperfusion injury in the ratF Squadrito
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 115:395-400. 1995..TNF-alpha), white blood cell (WBC) count, mean arterial blood pressure (MAP), plasma malonyladehyde (MAL); myeloperoxidase activity (MPO) and the responsiveness to acetylcholine (ACh 10 nM-10 microM) of aortic rings were ..
- Ameliorative effects of sodium ferulate on experimental colitis and their mechanisms in ratsWei Guo Dong
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, 238 Jiefang Road, Wuhan 430060, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2533-8. 2003..To investigate the ameliorative effects of sodium ferulate (SF) on acetic acid-induced colitis and their mechanisms in rats...
- Andalusol, a diterpenoid with anti-inflammatory activity from Siderits foetens ClemenA Navarro
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Z Naturforsch C 52:844-9. 1997..Quantitation of the neutrophil specific marker, myeloperoxidase (MPO), demonstrated that its topical anti-inflammatory effect was associated with reduction in neutrophil ..
- Molecular imaging of vascular pathologyJohn W Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CFTR Expression and Function in Human NeutrophilsGuoshun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..main phagocytes responsible for elimination of pathogens and cell debris, synthesize and maintain abundant myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Novel Peptide MPO Inhibitors for Treating AtherosclerosisKirkwood A Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2012..Summary The long-term goal of this application is to optimize the design of novel, non-toxic inhibitors of myeloperoxidase (MPO) to inhibit atherosclerosis...
- Mechanisms and Prevention of Etoposide-Induced LeukemiaJack C Yalowich; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our central hypothesis is that redox cycling of VP-16 initiated by myeloperoxidase (MPO) found prominently in myeloid precursors amplifies the genotoxicity and carcinogenicity of this ..
- A novel peroxidase in vascular endothelium and the development of atherosclerosisGuangjie Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2012..While generally attributed to the phagocyte-specific enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO), it is unclear whether a peroxidase other than MPO in vascular wall plays a role in atherogenesis...
- Dual Function of VPO1 in Pathogen Recognition and KillingGuangjie Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Angiotensin II, oxidative stress and aneurysm formationNeal L Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2013..are capable of inducing vascular oxidant stress and potentially contributing to AAA, we hypothesis that myeloperoxidase (MPO) is instrumental in this process...
- Wanda F Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our studies suggest that myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a significant source of oxidants that promote misfolding and aggregation of a-syn, as well as ..
- DNA Repair Capacity and Risk of Pre-malignant Lesion in Lung EpitheliumHua Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2009..neutrophils, including induction of oxidative DNA damage through release of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and myeloperoxidase (MPO)-related metabolic activation of chemical carcinogens, is a crucial etiological factor in this ..
- Characterization of Salmonella typhimurium-induced NET formationJosely F Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2013..NET formation involves extracellular release of chromatin and associated proteins, such as elastase and myeloperoxidase (MPO), which are released from primary granules...
- CRP, Diabetes, AtherothrombosisIshwarlal Jialal; Fiscal Year: 2010..CRP augments oxidative stress and inflammation in the diabetic milieu will eventually lead to therapies targeted at reducing inflammation and oxidative stress in diabetes and resulting in a decrease in vasculopathies ..
- William M Nauseef; Fiscal Year: 2016..Importantly, hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) produced by PMN is amplified by the PMN granule protein myeloperoxidase (MPO) to generate HOCl (bleach)...
- Moti L Kashyap; Fiscal Year: 2014..to understanding the mechanisms for formation of dysfunctional HDL, evidence points to a role for neutrophils myeloperoxidase (MPO)-generated oxidants as participants in rendering HDL dysfunctional...
- The role of neutrophil recruitment in arterial diseasesYuqing Huo; Fiscal Year: 2013..mice, mice in which the expression of Cre recombinase and EGFP are driven by the regulatory region of the myeloperoxidase (MPO) gene (MPO-Cre mice)...
- The role of neutrophils in SAHJOSE JAVIER PROVENCIO; Fiscal Year: 2011..This proposal and the educational components included form the basis for Dr. Provencio to develop into an independent physician-scientist. ..
- Jefferey L Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2014..Inflammatory markers and markers of oxidative stress, including interleukin (IL)-6, -8 and -10, myeloperoxidase (MPO), and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) will be analyzed in induced sputum...
- Asthma Increases Vaso-occlusion in Sickle Cell DiseaseKirkwood A Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2013..of HDL and therefore HDL function and if targeting oxidative stress induced by 1) xanthine oxidase (XO);2) myeloperoxidase (MPO);3) cell free hemoglobin (Hb);and, 4) oxidized lipids prevents oxidation of HDL and other lipoproteins ..
- Xianglin Shi; Fiscal Year: 2015..These inflammatory mediators include infiltrating leukocytes and myeloperoxidase (MPO), COX-2, PGE2, and several pro-inflammatory cytokines, TNF-1, IL-2, and IL-6. Specific Aim 4...
- PARP Inhibitor and Redox Catalyst for Ventilatory TraumaPrakash Jagtap; Fiscal Year: 2013..ratio, biochemical markers of redox stress (F2[unreadable]-isoprostane, GSH/GSSG ratio), PMN infiltration (myeloperoxidase;"MPO"), pro-inflammatory protein expression, and immunohistochemical evidence of peroxynitrite-induced 3- ..
- NEUTROPHIL AUTOANTIBODIES IN VASCULITIS AND NEPHRITISRonald Falk; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- LIPID PEROXIDATION IN COLORECTAL CANCERManuela Gago Dominguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..1. To conduct a family-based case-control association study of oxidative stress-related genes, including myeloperoxidase (MPO), endothelial cell nitric oxide synthase (ecNOS), manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD), selenium-..
- Molecular Imaging Probes for Reporting on Vascular Oxidative ResponseAlexei A Bogdanov; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO, one of the components released by PMNs via triggered exocytosis) is a unique catalytically active ..
- David A Ford; Fiscal Year: 2014..Levels of myeloperoxidase (MPO) and MPO-derived products have been shown to be elevated in atherosclerotic tissue and potentially ..
- ALTERATION WITH AGE OF RESISTANCE TO EYE INFECTIONSLinda D Hazlett; Fiscal Year: 2013..RT-PCR, short interfering RNA (siRNA), as well as plate counts, enzyme linked immunosorbant assay (ELISA), myeloperoxidase assay (MPO) for neutrophil (PMN) quantitation, dual antibody immunostaining, histopathology, and Western ..
- Molecular Imaging to Determine the Risk of Rupture of Cerebral AneurysmsAlexei Bogdanov; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recent epidemiological evidence suggests that the elevated presence of myeloperoxidase (MPO) in blood is an important risk factor for coronary disease and atherosclerotic plaque rupture...
- John W Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a highly oxidizing enzyme abundantly secreted by active macrophages/microglial cells and certain ..
- Evaluation of sensory neuron plasticity following neonatal maternal separationJULIE A CARLSTEN CHRISTIANSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..administered to induce colitis and a) the extent of inflammation will be determined by assessing increases in myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity and growth factor production, and b) VMR, single cell RT-PCR and calcium imaging will be ..
- John W Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), a highly oxidizing and damaging enzyme secreted by many activated inflammatory cells, is found ..
- Stanley L Hazen; Fiscal Year: 2016..Project 1 focuses on the leukocyte-derived heme protein myeloperoxidase (MPO), an enzyme that can catalytically consume nitric oxide and is a critical participant in oxidative and ..
- Jay W Heinecke; Fiscal Year: 2016..One involves oxidative damage of apoA-I (the major HDL protein) by myeloperoxidase (MPO). MPO impairs apoA-I's ability to remove cholesterol from macrophages by the ABCA1 pathway...
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF DAPSONEPAULA BOZEMAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO), an enzyme found in the granules of neutrophils and monocytes, catalyzes the oxidation of chloride (Cl-)..
- MYLEOPEROXIDASE AND LEUKOCYTE GRANULE COMPONENTSEDWIN THOMAS; Fiscal Year: 1992Stimulation of neutrophilic leukocytes results in secretion of toxic proteins and the enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) from cytoplasmic granules and activates neutrophil oxygen (O2) metabolism, which produces toxic oxidants...
- MYELOPEROXIDASE INVOLVEMENT IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEWanda Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (Abstract): Myeloperoxidase (MPO) has been identified as a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease based on the detection of this myeloid-specific enzyme in amyloid plaques, along with Abeta42, and the association of a n463 G/A ..
- Development of myeloperoxidase inhibitors to treat atherosclerosisRICHARD MAKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Myeloperoxidase is recognized as an important causative contributory agent in inflammatory diseases including atherosclerosis...
- DHVANIT INDRAVADAN SHAH; Fiscal Year: 2014..The appeal and the potential of future outcomes of this project satisfy the objectives of NIDDK sponsored Mentored Scientist Development Award (K01) mechanism. ..
- Genes in Human Brain IschemiaW Andrew Kofke; Fiscal Year: 2011..Three pathophysiologically based genotypes, apolipoprotein E (ApoE), heat shock protein (HSP), and myeloperoxidase(MPO), all with prior evidence of an effect in vulnerability to brain ischemia, will be evaluated for ..
- Mary G Sorci-Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2015..anti- and pro-inflammatory enzymes (paraoxonase [PON1], platelet activating factor acetylhydrolase [PAF-AH], myeloperoxidase [MPO] and xanthine oxidase [XO]) to prevent LDL oxidation;2) or ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter 1 (..
- Regulation of Myeloperoxidase Catalysis by Nitric OxideHUSAM ABU SOUD; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is abundant hemoprotein present in neutrophils and monocytes which plays an essential role in immune surveillance and host defense mechanisms...
- Linda D Hazlett; Fiscal Year: 2016..RT-PCR, short interfering RNA (siRNA), as well as plate counts, enyme linked immunosorbant assay (ELISA), myeloperoxidase assay (MPO) for neutrophil (PMN) quantitation, dual antibody immunostaining, histopathology, Tunel assay, DNA ..
- MPO and NO signaling in neointima formationChunxiang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a leukocyte-derived heme protein...
- Myeloperoxidase and NO signaling in the vasculatureC White; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (provided by the applicant): The heme protein myeloperoxidase (MPO) plays an important role in the host defense response...
- A TRANSCRIPTIONAL PROGRAM REGULATING MYELOPOIESISAlan Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Myelopoiesis at various levels of C/EBP activity and progenitor fate after various times of C/EBP inhibition will be assessed. ..
- Development of Myeloperoxidase Inhibitors to Treat Alzheimer's DiseaseRICHARD ALLAN MAKI; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): The overall goal of the proposed research is to develop orally active inhibitors of myeloperoxidase MPO as a treatment forAlzheimer's disease...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF INFANT LEUKEMIAJulie Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will utilize the unique resources available through the Children's Oncology Group, and include ascertainment of cases over a four-year period (Jan 1, 2003-Dec 31, 2006). ..
- MONOCYTE/MACROPHAGE FREE RADICAL BIOLOGY ASSESSED BY EPRBradley Britigan; Fiscal Year: 1993..Even with iron supplementation, PMN lactoferrin and myeloperoxidase (MPO) release inhibited OH generation...
- OXIDATIVE NEUTROPHIL MICROBICIDAL MECHANISMSHenry Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2000..microbicidal mechanisms of human neutrophils (PMN), especially as they relate to the azurophil granule enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Novel MPO-derived plasma lipids as predictors of major adverse coronary eventsDavid Ford; Fiscal Year: 2009..Elevated plasma myeloperoxidase (MPO) levels have been shown to be a predictor of increased risk of coronary events in patients with acute ..
- Interleukin-18 and Intestinal Barrier Function Following Alcohol and Burn InjuryMashkoor Choudhry; Fiscal Year: 2007..The increase in IL-18 is accompanied by an increase in intestinal myeloperoxidase (MPO, an index of neutrophil accumulation) activity and intestinal edema...
- Predictors of Adult LeukemiaJulie Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..The significance of this proposal, specifically with respect-to the identification of possible prevention strategies for adult AML, has important public health implications. ..
- Immunogenetics of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SurvivalJames Cerhan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- OXIDATIVE NEUTROPHIL MICROBICIDAL MECHANISMSHenry Rosen; Fiscal Year: 1992..systems, the proposed studies will focus on microbicidal properties of a single PMN- derived enzyme, myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- Development of a New Class of Pharmacological Mediators for Myeloperoxidase InhibDESIKAN RAJAGOPAL; Fiscal Year: 2010..This disease is the number one killer around the world, particularly in the United States. Myeloperoxidase (MPO) enzyme has been implicated in many cardiovascular diseases and to date there is no single drug ..
- ORGANIZATION OF MALE REPRODUCTIVE NEURAL CIRCUITSAnne Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, these studies will provide detailed anatomical and physiological data on a neural circuit regulating male sex behavior. ..
- Low birth weight & other risk factors for hepatoblastomaLOGAN SPECTOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..associations of HB with maternal smoking while pregnant,parental occupation, and a polymorphism in the myeloperoxidase (MPO) gene...
- Hypochlorite-Mediated Impairment of Endothelial FunctionJohn Keaney; Fiscal Year: 2007..There is evidence that two-electron oxidants from myeloperoxidase (MPO), such as HOCl, are important in atherosclerosis and these oxidants would not be sensitive to "classical"..
- Oxidation of Apolipoprotein B-100 in LDLChao Yuh Yang; Fiscal Year: 2004..clear differences in products of apoB-1 00 oxidation formed in oxidation of LDL in vitro by Cu2+, HOCl, and myeloperoxidase (MPO)...
- MYELOPEROXIDASE-H202-HALIDE SYSTEM IN GLOMERULAR INJURYRichard Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1991..We hypothesize that the cationic PMN enzyme myeloperoxidase (MPO) binds on a charge basis to the glomerular capillary wall and catalyzes the reaction of H2O2 with a ..
- MR imaging of myeloperoxidase activityRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2007..inflammation in atherosclerosis by developing and testing novel activatable MR imaging agents that can sense myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity in atheromata...
- Determinants of Accelerated CVD in Type 1 DiabetesMarian Rewers; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Taurine Chloramine as a Modulator of CNS InflammationMichael Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2004Polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN, neutrophils) are inflammatory cells that possess halide-dependent myeloperoxidase (MPO). Activated PMN secrete MPO and release it upon death...
- Establishment of new MRI technologies to monitor efficacy of glioma virotherapyGiulia Fulci; Fiscal Year: 2009..is inhibited by intratumoral infiltration of phagocytic microglia and peripheral macrophages that present myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity and rapidly clear the injected OVs...
- Lung Cancer Free Survival Among Aged SmokersAgnes Baffoe Bonnie; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will genotype the Myeloperoxidase (MPO) enzyme in probands and first-degree relatives. MPO transforms precarcinogens in tobacco smoke...
- Molecular Epidemiology of t-MDS/AMLSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that this study will provide future hypotheses for research into treatment- related malignancies, and may lead to eventual improvements in cancer survivorship. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ECM Regulation by Estrogen in ARMDSharon Elliot; Fiscal Year: 2006..type IV collagen, may be induced in injured RPE to promote ARMD progression by macrophage-derived oxidants, myeloperoxidase (MPO), as well as macrophage-derived cytokines, especially tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)...
- EXERCISE AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASEWilliam Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2003..More importantly, we propose that the activation of oxidative enzymes such as myeloperoxidase (MPO) in the plasma might be an underlying mechanism for such benefits induced by exercise, estrogens, and ..
- HUMAN MYELOPEROXYDASIS AND ITS THERAPEUTIC APPLICATIONPatent Number: WO8912457-A1; Date:1989-12-28